Speaker 1: Hey there, folksit is Monday, August fourth, and Gallaine Maxwell was taken out of her low security prison this weekend, and there's morning. She woke up in an even lower security prison, and with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ.
Speaker 2: Robes.
Speaker 1: The story here is that we don't know why, but yes, we got word that Gallaine Maxwell was, for reasons still yet to be determined, moved from her prison in Tallahassee.
Speaker 3: Right, So she was in a, as you mentioned, a fairly low security prison in Tallahassee. But she's now been moved to a prison camp, a federal prison camp in Brian, Texas. And there are I guess five levels of security in a in the federal prison system.
Speaker 4: This is the.
Speaker 3: Lowest of the low so it's the fifth ranked. There are fewer guards, there is more freedom, there's a lot of perks being in this camp, and there's some famous inmates with her as well. So most people are looking at this as a much cushier version of what she was experiencing in Florida.
Speaker 1: Okay, And all the tiers you talk about, there are the five tiers. This is the lowest and this is not usually one reserved for people who have convictions like hers. She is considered a violent offender. She's convicted of some pretty serious child trafficking offenses. So this tier, according even to the view of prisons, is not somewhere they would normally keep someone like her. So you add all those things together with the fact robes that we don't have an answer from anybody, and this just adds to the drama, to the mystique to some degree. With certainly the mystery of this Jeffrey Epstein story. Now what is going on with Glain Maxwell.
Speaker 3: That's right, and we have been, as have journalists all around the in probably world, been looking for an answer as to why Glaine Maxwell was moved. Obviously, the timing is suspect. It was, I believe, exactly two weeks to the day of when she wrapped the interview, or at least the two day session she had with the Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche, where she supposedly, according to her, her attorney answered all of his questions. She was granted limited immunity to answer those questions, but she apparently spoke about or around the names of around one hundred people. She said whether or not she knew of any connections to Jeffrey Epstein. So she apparently told all spilled all to Blanche and lo and behold, two weeks later, she's moved to a much nicer.
Speaker 4: Facility.
Speaker 1: Okay, we didn't hear anything about a deal being struck at the time. We were told she was given limited immunity just in terms of having the conversation with the DOJ. Fine, she's also been subpoened, as you mentioned, but that's not supposed to come until a little later. And they're actually going to delay her testimony in front of the House Committee until after her appeal is taken care of with the Supreme Court. So okay, so here we are. We set this thing up. Everybody seems to want to talk to her. She has a lot going on and at stake right now, at a critical time, and in the midst of all of this she gets moved. Don't we have to jump to a conclusion that some arrangement was made and some deal was made with her for what was it? For information she has already given or something to come.
Speaker 3: That's right, And because no one is talking, everyone is trying to connect the dots. But the irony is of course, in the name of transparency. We're supposed to be hearing what she knows. In the name of transparency. President Trump is trying to unseal documents that were submitted during the grandjury testimony.
Speaker 4: In the name of transparency.
Speaker 3: People want to see what it is that folks have been able to look at in terms of what Epstein knew, the files he kept, what Galaine maxwells. So all of this is in the name of transparency, and yet the secrecy continues. The veil is still over all of it, and now more secrecy.
Speaker 1: Obviously we have to say something has taken place, some deal was made. My curiosity now is it for information? Does she make this deal before she talked or is this now a part of a bigger a much bigger deal. I don't know, but we got word of this, I think is on Friday and roads the Bureau of Prisons put out a statement, short, sweet, to the point.
Speaker 2: Just the facts, ma'am, just the facts.
Speaker 3: We can confirm Glaine Maxwell is in the custody of the Federal Bureau of Prisons at the Federal Prison Camp Brian in Brian, Texas.
Speaker 4: Period. That's it, nothing more, And no.
Speaker 3: Word from her attorney either, who has been very loquacious. He's been very outspoken, talked a lot about what Ghlaine Maxwell said in terms of what kind of information she gave the Department of Justice, so he's been very vocal as well, and saying that Ghlaine Maxwell will tell all if she can get any kind of clemency a pardon from Trump. He has been floating out all sorts of information and ideas and propositions in the media, speaking depressed, So for him not to be speaking at all about this is also very telling and interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay that for me, that's the first son that I knew. Okay, something major is up because that guy has been talking from the get go. He has When the DOJ was very tight lipped, he came right out and said, yeah, he was saying almost he stopped short of given me one hundred names exactly, but other than that, he didn't mind talking.
Speaker 3: So feel like if they pressed him further, he might have spilled out a couple of names, like that's how much he was talking.
Speaker 1: So when you tell me this guy something has gotten him to stop talking, then something pretty serious is going on, right, Yes.
Speaker 4: I mean we've talked about this before.
Speaker 3: Glane Maxwell is likely the most powerful convicted felon in the country right now, and that she knows she has something.
Speaker 4: That everybody wants, and she.
Speaker 3: Has something that perhaps a lot of powerful people don't want her to say. We don't know that, but that is certainly a part of the speculation and certainly a part of the conspiracy theory is that she would be able to bury certain powerful people if she did spill all the beans.
Speaker 1: Okay, so her options, at least as she sees them legally, if the Supreme Court takes up her case. Who knows if they will there, who knows she really has an argument, But that's one option her only other options. I mean, she's not eligible to be let out of prison until twenty thirty seven.
Speaker 2: I believe is the absolute earliest.
Speaker 1: After that. This is her shot. She's holding whatever Trump card, to give that use of the term, but it's apt here.
Speaker 2: She's hold that.
Speaker 1: What do you do with that thing? She wants to get out of prison now. She's also they're not shy about asking the president, please pardon me. The President said he hasn't been asked yet. I'm sure he's had He's heard about this.
Speaker 3: I feel like her attorney basically asked the President via the media for that clemency, for that pardon, so he kind of has been asked.
Speaker 2: So now, I mean, Rose, what can she?
Speaker 1: I mean, Glaine maxwellsh doesn't she have to play hardball? And who wants this information badly enough? Does the administration really want the info from her? Or do they want to make sure they look like they did everything they could in their power to get everything from her about Epstein?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: I mean, it could be a combination of the two. We don't know the answer to that, but there has been a huge amount of pushback from the victims of Glaine Maxwell and Jeffrey Epstein, the victim's families, They are extremely upset about any potential deal that's being made with Glene Maxwell, and certainly by this move because of just the optics alone, it looks as though she is being given preferential treatment for what.
Speaker 4: We don't know, but.
Speaker 3: They're absolutely post to this, and there are reports that other inmates who are in this cushy camp prison camp that they're upset as well, because this is a facility for non violent offenders, and as we pointed out, Glen Maxwell absolutely is a convicted violent offender, and so there are concerns about everyone's safety then in the prison facility, because certainly a lot of people believe and certainly other inmates believe, she has a target on her back because of the information she potentially knows. So they feel like all of their lives might be endangered by her being there.
Speaker 2: And I didn't think of it that way, but we have to as we keep talking about her.
Speaker 1: She's a socialite, she came from this family, and you see the pictures of her, she's smiling, she's being hugged, or she's doing whatever. But a reminder here, this is someone that the victim's family call a monster. This is someone who is serving time for being the one who would find, recruit, groom and then serve up essentially these young women, under age girl.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say, you say young women, we're talking minors on.
Speaker 1: A platter to these men. This is not just someone convicted of some small crime. She is convicted of doing some really horrific stuff.
Speaker 3: Virginia Robert Giuffrey was working at mar A Lago at the spa there.
Speaker 4: She was sixteen.
Speaker 3: Years old, according to Virginia and according to court records, and that is when Elaine Maxwell found her groomed her, and as you pointed, and you said this, and there's no better way to put served her up to Jeffrey Epstein and the men in his circle, it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: And they talk about the possibility. I mean, I say, there are names and people and victims we know that came forward, but they're talking about potential hundreds and some say even into the thousands of girls who were impacted by what was happening in this circle. So as we talk about this, and she's being moved from one cushy place to a cushier place, and we talk about she can make these deals, and it sounds like she's just any typical inmate. She's nine folks, she's someone that certainly these families and just going strictly by the convictions. This is some awful stuff.
Speaker 3: And here's another way to look at it. Jeffrey Epstein reportedly, we're told died by suicide. So he never had his day in court. The victims never got justice in the way we expected in this country. They never got to actually see him convicted and put behind bars for his crimes. So Glene Maxwell is truly the only person who has actually been punished and she as she should, because her crimes weren't just because of or surrounding Epstein, but because of her own personal choices and actions and facilitating what Epstein and others did. But the point is, would you trade or transfer some of her punishment to then be able to point the finger or prosecute other people who might be involved.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's really the trade off, right.
Speaker 3: So she might get some lessened sentence or the worst case scenario for the victims, be pardoned altogether, but in an effort to then find out who else was involved, who else might be held accountable.
Speaker 1: That's a prosecutor's call. I mean, I don't know I'm sitting here as a moral call there. I mean, what do you to get more and maybe even more direct offenders if you will. I'm not saying she indirections right there. What I'm saying, what about men who were potentially the abusers? Is that what we're talking about, is that potentially going to get some of those people punished in off the street. And I think, I don't know, you have to listen to have to consider that before a victim, a victim's family, right now, you want to roll the dice there knowing that this is the only person right now. It's a tough call who's been punished.
Speaker 3: But the victims and the victims' families have all been very outspoken and very clear they don't want her to get a deal under any circumstances. Before we go to break, I have to tell you about new leggings I've been living in lately. They're from this brand called Tona, and fun fact here, they were actually designed by the same visionary behind Lulu Lemon, So from that alone, you already know they're going to be pretty good. These leggings feel like a second skin. They're super flattering, super comfortable, and somehow still supportive. I've been wearing them on my warning runs and they've quickly become my everyday lounging leggings too. And here's what makes them even better. Every pair you buy helps fund a mental health counseling session for a teen in need. Tona's on a mission to end teen suicide and self harm, which we think is so important and incredible, So we've partnered with Tona to give you twenty percent off your order and free shipping. Head to tonaactive dot com and use code iHeart for twenty percent off and free shipping. Welcome back to this edition of Amy and TJ, and we are discussing today this mysterious move without any qualification, without any real acknowledgment or explanation, convicted sex child sex trafficker Glene Maxwell has been moved from a minimum security prison in Florida to a even more minimum security prison camp in Texas, and no one has explained why she was moved to a cushier It's called a club fed is what a lot of folks refer to this particular prison camp.
Speaker 1: It's almost like, uh, free range prisoners. They get to rome and in some of these places don't even have fences up, even perimeters around. So they keep them in dorms, they say, and they have bunk beds, suites if you will over there. They consider them dormitories where they're being capped. So this is a much different place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can get into some of the specifics of what this particular prison camp is like, just so you can get an idea of why some of the families of the victims and the victims themselves are so outraged that she's now been placed into this facility. We'll go ahead and read the whole statement that was written by This was written by Virginia Robert Giffrey's family, in addition to other victims.
Speaker 4: They all collaborated and put out this one statement.
Speaker 3: It says, it is with horror and outrage that we object the preferential treatment convicted sex trafficker Gallaiine Maxwell has received. Gallainne Maxwell is a sexual predator who physically assaulted minor children on multiple occasions, and she should never be any leniency. Yet, without any notification to the Maxwell victims, the government overnight has moved Maxwell to a minimum security luxury prison in Texas. This is the justice system failing victims right before our eyes. The American public should be enraged by the preferential treatment being given to a pedophile and a criminally charged child sex offender. The Trump administration should not credit a word Maxwell says, as the government itself sought charges against Maxwell for being a serial liar, this move smacks of.
Speaker 4: A cover up. The victims deserve better.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you could take an issue with one word of anything they said there, and it's I know they're upset by the preferential treatment. She's not getting preferential treatment of course, because she is a person of wealth or status or she's buying her way. She's right now holding some cards that others want to get their hands on, and she seems to be playing those cards, and one of them was to get a better sleeping arrangement. Essentially, it does. It's the cover up part. I'm curious.
Speaker 3: It's just, oh, the irony, just in order to try and get more transparenty transparency and more information. It feels like they're just covering up more so it just ends up making matters worse for folks who are already frustrated. So to get an idea of this new prison that she's in, So, yes, dormitory style facilities, that's what you said, two people bunk bed cells.
Speaker 4: I guess you could call.
Speaker 3: Them that, but more like dorms. They're expected to work. But they have a range of educational programs available to all the inmates. They can take classes on business skills and foreign languages. They can place sports, attend religious services, access televisions. They have visitors on the weekends and holidays, and they have limited physical conduct with those visit. So that is certainly interesting. But yeah, they're given an hour for meal, time just to roam around. And as you pointed out TJ, a lot of the areas don't even have fences.
Speaker 1: I mean that lets you know how minimum the security is that some of these places they don't consider any of these folks necessarily be a threat to the community or necessarily a flight risk. Elizabeth Holmes famously is being housed there. I didn't know the other Jenshaw from the.
Speaker 3: Real Housewives of Salt Lake City. Again, these are white collar crimes that these two women are charged or were convicted of. So again, no violent prisoners there except for now Glene Maxwell. They even had some pictures of Elizabeth Holmes working out with some weights, just walking around the grounds there.
Speaker 4: That they have a gym, they have yoga.
Speaker 3: Classes, they have a puppy program where prisoners can train dogs with an outside company and earn money doing so. So that just gives you an idea. This doesn't feel like this isn't Shawshank redemption. They're not in these locked and sales in these harsh environments. You know, we think of that, we think about what Diddy Sean Diddy Combs is frustrated by his situation, the prison he's being housed in Brooklyn right now. And look what's happening to Glene Maxwell.
Speaker 1: So if you're a family member of a victim, this doesn't feel like punishment for the only person who has been convicted of harming your family member. So and again for virginia Raised family, I mean, she took her own life not too many months ago, so this is really fresh for them, and we're talking just months and now, just months later, talking about the person that they probably do hold responsible for the pain their family members and her death now to see, she's she's making deals.
Speaker 3: From Virginia's family's perspective, if Glene Maxwell had not set her sights on their family member, on Virginia, on their sister, on their daughter, on their loved one, Virginia would still be alive today. Who knows what trajectory her life would have taken. But they single handedly hold Glame Maxwell responsible for what happened to Virginia, and rightfully so, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, she's it now. She's the only one here that we know of to hold it responsible. And I mean prosecutor said Jeffrey Epstein could not have done anything he did without her. Now, every crime, everything he had a hand in having to do with any sexual assault or grooming of a young lady. Glame Maxwell made it happen.
Speaker 4: You know what's also just so disgusting.
Speaker 3: Forget the fact that yes, they moved her, but to not even notify the families ahead of time, to not at least have given them a heads up, to not at least have said, hey, we know this is going to feel and sound awful for you to hear about, but we want to let you know what's happening, and we want to let you know we have a plan, and this is all in an effort to seek further justice for you or for the people you love, and at least give them that. Wouldn't that have been something It blows my mind the lack of respect so many victims are given in our justice system, period, but certainly when it comes to this case, there was a mistake.
Speaker 1: Maybe somebody who's looking back and go, oh my goodness, I can't believe we and who knows how all this went down. I'm not excusing at all. You are one hundred percent right, that is what we would hope would have happened. That getting overlooked in this heated in byer where they're worried about paperwork and sneaking around and make sure nobody leaks and getting a deal done and all this human beings, humanity and victims probably was not at the top of mind, unfortunately. And isn't that what they always say, that something you're putting something before the victims, something comes before the victims. And once again that was probably the case, right.
Speaker 3: These victims weren't believed, they weren't heard for years and years and years, and so this is just a rubbing salt in the wound, and that's even a light statement. But we will certainly keep our eye on this developing story. Someone's got to speak at some point. It seems like someone has to acknowledge this or at least explain why this is happening. We know there are some more developments coming this week with lawyers for Maxwell and Epstein and for their alleged victims are supposed to be putting in their arguments into court this week saying whether or not they think those documents should be unsealed.
Speaker 4: In the Epstein case.
Speaker 3: So there are going to be many more headlines coming from this story, and we will of course stay on.
Speaker 4: Top of it all.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to us today. I'm Amy Robach alongside my partner TJ Holmes. Have a wonderful Monday.
Speaker 4: Everybody,