Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the week with Morgan. I just the bits.
Speaker 2: What's up, everybody? Welcome to the Best Bits this weekend. It's Morgan here. You might have heard some news from me on the show this week, which we'll get into unfortunately in the number one spot. But if my voice sound a little bit different pushing through. So hang in there and get caught up on the Bobby Bone Show with me this week. But if you want to check out part one. In part three, I would love that Lunchbox joins me. He gives me a really funny, entertaining pep talk in part one. In part three, we answer all kinds of questions, especially about all of the baby boxes and then going back to school and if he really dislikes Abby or if it's just a bit. So that's all over in part one. In part three, now the reason you're here, we're gonna break down the Bobby Bone Show from this week. Tuesday Reviews Day is always fun. You guys like to hear some recommendations because it's kind of hard to figure out what should I watch this week? You sit down after a long day, I don't want to scroll through everything. Well, here are some suggestions we do Tuesday Reviews Day every week and everybody shares something that they've been watching.
Speaker 3: We got a lot.
Speaker 2: We've got one called The Stranger, American Murder, Cowboy, Cartel, The Union. There's lots of things all up in there, or whatever your taste of things are. However, if you have listened to part one, you'll know that I am currently looking for things to watch that have absolutely zero type of romantic sense into them. So if you have good suggestions, send them my way. We'll do the reverse and it'll be a Saturday Reviews Day and you can DM me on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Number seven.
Speaker 3: Tuesday Reviews Day the one day we review everything we've watched in the past week. I watched a movie. It was called something about Planet of the Apes. I don't know which one it was, Hey, Mike, it was the latest Planet of the Apes. Whereas mostly all apes there's not like one human.
Speaker 1: Kicking them on the Planet of the Apes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, aren't they all like that?
Speaker 3: No? No, no they're not, And I was ready for more like humans.
Speaker 4: It's called Planet of the apes't thing doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: It's sometimes full humans to go and fight the apes. And there's all these different versions of it.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Mike Trilogy before was the first one had a lot of humans in. Mark Wahlberg was in it. Brokay, that's a right.
Speaker 4: I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the books and the old Charlton Heston, like, it's not just all monkeys all the time.
Speaker 4: Is this the one where the birds?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, that's a good one. I saw this one of the movies. Okay, Oh you didn't like it.
Speaker 3: It's okay. Oh it's okay. Is long? And I was like, I love, it's fine, it's fine. I just expected more humans.
Speaker 4: I agree with you.
Speaker 7: I that it was pretty boring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if there had been more humans out of related more but it was like it's all ape on ape crime and I was like, what's that? And I was like I don't even know who to root for sometimes, and like the silver Backs were like bad guys, and then humans were bad, but then good, and then it was I would give it two and a half Earth Weapons, Oh yeah, that's good out of five because it's fine. I fell asleep a little bit during it.
Speaker 4: You fell asleep in the movie?
Speaker 3: Yeah, led to my wife ISID I didn't know because she was like, I don't want to watch this anymore. Watched it in two parts. I was like, i'll watch it with you. I fell asleep, and then she was like are you asleep? And I was like no, no, no, And then now I have to act like my favorite movie at home because it fell asleep during it. The same almost fell asleep in the theater watching you did. Yeah, so more humans that have been pretty good. The second thing to Beingji, but I get the BEINGI to And you guys may have watched this and it's in a different language, well British to British, what is it? It's still English but British, So you got to have the subtitles up because sometimes they're like, it's called The Stranger. It's on Netflix. It only came out a few years ago.
Speaker 8: Okay, I haven't watched this.
Speaker 3: It's based on a book. Well, we were just flipping through pick it, so it sounds like we're flipping and we go over to Netflix, which is kind of the lamer of the services now because it's more generic. But we felt we were like, let's give it a run. Watching them two days, eight episodes.
Speaker 4: Wow, yeah, it's eight episode.
Speaker 8: It's a BINGI, it's a stranger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going four and then out of five Baseball Caps because well it's British and it wasn't American. I can't give anything five out of five except for squad Games. But The Stranger on Netflix. It's based off a book and I thought it was great. My wife thought it was great. We loved it. What's eighty seven percent on Rotten Tomatoes?
Speaker 4: Can you say what?
Speaker 3: I a web of secret since family man Adam Price onto a desperate quest to discover the truth about the people closest to him, all from A Stranger. Okay, those are my two Tuesday reviews.
Speaker 5: Days Amy Anything, I watched American Murder Lacy Peterson.
Speaker 3: I'm going to watch that. We're going to watch that.
Speaker 5: It's been twenty years since Scott Peterson was convicted.
Speaker 3: Movie or series.
Speaker 5: It's a three part series and it's really interesting because you're seeing like jurors or part of it. Her mom is speaking out for the first time, and yeah, I really enjoyed it and it hopefully will Like her mom was saying, she's gotten so many letters from Lacey's story being shared from women that have maybe been in a relationship that if they could, if they got out soon enough, then it saves their lives.
Speaker 3: You know, first of all, what do you rate it? And have a question.
Speaker 5: So sad, but I guess the way they did it, I thought it was really.
Speaker 3: What I have to rate the murder of the story actually just rating what.
Speaker 8: It just feels weird.
Speaker 5: But Netflix did a great job, So I give it four and a half out of five.
Speaker 9: Why do you to say streaming services, yeah, like, uh, when involved, No, we're not doing that, but I.
Speaker 8: Mean that's involved in the murder.
Speaker 3: Okay, Juris, thank you.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that was hard, generic cereal.
Speaker 3: Anything I said streaming services just so you can say that any chance we feel better about Scott Peterson after this, you can't say that.
Speaker 8: Okay. The weird no, not me.
Speaker 5: The weird thing is you're seeing from like some certain people that think he's still innocent, and but to me, it's like, how in the world you will get all this.
Speaker 8: Evidence and thing that he's innocent.
Speaker 5: But I think his sister in law like went and got her law degree and she's trying to fight for him to.
Speaker 3: Get Because I've seen like five different versions of a show like this, probably not as detailed, not three episodes.
Speaker 8: I don't want to say too much.
Speaker 3: Some of the yea. You couldn't even rate it a certain thing because it's sensitive. Yeah, all right, let's walch you got.
Speaker 7: I watched The Sand Pebbles.
Speaker 3: Was that the movie that Kevin Costner said was the greatest of all time?
Speaker 7: He said it is his favorite movie of all time?
Speaker 3: And I know why nineteen sixty six because there's.
Speaker 7: Three hours and sixteen minutes.
Speaker 10: Oh, that's why Kevin Costler liked it.
Speaker 3: And what did you think of The Sand Pebbles.
Speaker 7: I don't even Maybe I'm not smart enough for the movie.
Speaker 3: It's in the sixties.
Speaker 10: Maybe I needed to understand what was going on in nineteen thirty and it's like a US ship over in China and they're fighting.
Speaker 7: I was bored out of my mind. I had to rent it twice because I couldn't finish it.
Speaker 3: Why did you re rent it?
Speaker 7: Because I had to have to review it. I had to finish it, yuys.
Speaker 3: I want to make this clear, you don't have to watch anything. No.
Speaker 10: I was intrigued about Kevin Costner's favorite movie of all time. He's one of the greatest actors of our generation, and I'm like, Okay, there has to be something that I'm going to get out of this like it's gonna get better.
Speaker 3: Right, let me state the rolls again. This isn't you have to watch something, it's if you do. This is the one time of the week we review it. Oh so this is not homework to go and you have to watch something. I didn't say I had to know, but Amy thinks it is.
Speaker 8: He kind of just said I thought he said I had to I had to do it to review it.
Speaker 10: No, I had to finish it to review it. Because you can't review something you haven't finished.
Speaker 3: What do you give the sand pebbles?
Speaker 7: One and a half? Oh ships out of five?
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, Eddie anything cowboy Cartel. Amy brought it to the show. She was talking in a little something about it was like, let me watch this thing, guys.
Speaker 4: It's awesome.
Speaker 6: It's I mean, this takes place in South Texas, Like this is my stomping ground as I was born and raised McCall in Texas, right by the border. The Zettas is the is the cartel that's down there who they did some bad stuff And this is how the FBI got him review it. Oh, four out of five quarter horses.
Speaker 3: We'll put all this up on our social media pages too, Morgan, you have one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I watched The Union on Netflix. It's with Mark Wahlberg and Halle Berry. It's a great dumb action movie.
Speaker 11: Never heard of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's brand new, just came out, and it's all about basically Mark Wahlberg and Halle Berry is his ex from like twenty five years ago, and she pops out of nowhere and then all these things in sue and I would give it three and a half out of five cell phones.
Speaker 3: The audience score for Rotten Tomatoes is twenty eight percent.
Speaker 2: I told you, dumb action movie. Okay, Yeah, dumb action movie, but like an easy watch. And I really like Mark Wahlberg and Halle Berry together.
Speaker 3: That's Tuesday reviews day. Yeah, if nobody has anything, we'll just go there's nothing to review. You do not have to watch anything. Amy got it.
Speaker 8: I was like, oh, man, want to finish it to be able to review it.
Speaker 3: You got it? It moving on, Okay, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 1: Number two.
Speaker 2: Drew Baldridge stopped by the studio this week. It's his first time officially in the studio. You might have heard him on Bobby's Bobby cast really cool stuff. This guy has almost made it to the top one on country radio and he's completely self funded. He's not on a record label. He had posted his song She's Somebody's Daughter, and it went viral on social media and he thought after that he'd for surely beginning onto a record label, but that wasn't the case. So he was like, I'm going to fight for this, and he has and that's what he came in to talk about. It's really cool and super inspiring. So if you haven't heard of him, now you will. His name is Drew Baldridge.
Speaker 1: Number six on the Bobby Bones Show. Now Drew Baldridge.
Speaker 12: True?
Speaker 3: Is this the week we're doing it?
Speaker 13: Or what this is it?
Speaker 14: Brother?
Speaker 3: So if Drew hits number one, which I think you're at three this week?
Speaker 14: Yeah, So we're three this week on media Base and five on Billboard.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's just keep it on media Base. It's all we care about right here. I like it three.
Speaker 15: This week at two I think was everybody get it yeah, shaboozi yeah, and then at number one it was uh ah, try jack, I try do.
Speaker 3: So we've set up for this number one.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 3: The thing about Drew if you've been listening to the stuff that we've been doing over on the Bobby Cast. If he reaches number one on media Base, he'll be the first ever self funded artist to reach the top spot with their song.
Speaker 4: That's amazing funded artist.
Speaker 3: What does self funded mean? Drew?
Speaker 14: Well, I just had to create my own record label to do this, so I had to hire my own staff, and uh, you know which is which is a lot. I mean that's why artists, you know, back in the day really couldn't do it. We're very lucky that streaming exists to kind of fund the staff to help send a radio because it's like, you can't just have a label and say hey, I'm sending song to radio and everybody just starts playing it.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 14: You got to have people that rep you, that go out and say hey, can you please play this and please play this? And we're just very lucky that radio has been so kind. You know, I've been in Nashville for thirteen years now chasing this.
Speaker 3: Overnight success is what I hear. I don't know about you guys, never been a better example of overnight success. Talk about the song for a second. So she's somebody's daughter, How long ago, did you write the song?
Speaker 14: So I wrote this song six years ago after meeting my wife's dad for the first time. She was just my girlfriend and it was kind of just like one of those things of don't mess this up, like treat her write you know. I wanted to message to myself to remember that. So I wrote this song back in twenty eighteen, and I was on a record label and we put it out in twenty nineteen and it just really it really didn't do anything. There was a girl at that time had a song to Neil Towns, had a song called Somebody's Daughter, which was a great song, and.
Speaker 13: I was like, you gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 14: And it was such a god blessing because we didn't put it out to radio and the label I was on closed in three months and because of you, not because I don't know, but it was just they just wanted to shut their doors. And I thought, and I'd get a new record deal. And twenty twenty came and COVID hit and nobody would you know, take meetings, and I almost quit. I lost my record deal, I lost my manager, I lost my booking agent. And the thing that I did was I said, okay, that's kind of one last straw. I'm just going to post on my TikTok and just say hey, I'll play in anybody's backyard that wants to have me. And I thought we'd get like five requests, and we end up getting I think close to twenty twenty thousand requests. And I went around the country for two or three years and just played three hundred people's backyards.
Speaker 3: Just the least amount of money you ever got for doing a backyard.
Speaker 14: Oh man, I think five hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Okay, still respectable. So no one got you for like two bucks and some blint in their pocket like oh Mann, yeah, oh crap, I forgot to bring my wallet. And what was the most anybody ever gave you?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 14: I think you know, it's hard. I'm trying to remember. I think like five five thousand dollars to go play, and that was I mean at that time, you know, everybody thought I was doing them such a favor, like, man, you being here as awesome. I can't believe in your yard, and I'd be like, man, no, like what you're doing for me is life changing. Like I have a son, you know, I have a wife, and I'm trying to live a lifestyle and stay in Nashville. It's expensive here, and just like they helped me so much. And now it's crazy to think that all those people we played in their backyards and I'm seeing posts every day. It's like this dude's almost got a number one record.
Speaker 13: He was in our yard. You know. It's just crazy.
Speaker 3: And sometimes as a porchpirate not even playing the show, but I was just trying to steal stuff to get by. Yeah, so we feel like this could be.
Speaker 13: The week man.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean right now, there's this thing called real Time that shows the chart in real time, and we're.
Speaker 13: At number one.
Speaker 14: Guys, we're at number one in real time, and it's such a blessing and I just can't believe it. I mean, you know, everybody looks at media Base. I'm also like a Billboard watch or two and we're three on Billboard, and I'm like, oh man, we're so close, Like it'd be cool to hit the number one on both. But I was talking to somebodies yesday and they're just like, dude, just you're number one, Take your number one song, Take the number one. And it's just such a blessing to know too, Like we did it by ourselves. Like there wasn't no fancy strings being pulled, there wasn't big money pockets behind it. It was just like me and take it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dark political money. He didn't take it.
Speaker 13: No, he didn't make it.
Speaker 14: Man, It's just cool. And also I can just say it's the fans. You know, they drove this song. I think you know they've had like a billion views on TikTok and like have driven driven this song to number one. It's really them and they've become a part of my life and part of my family. And it's really special to watch a song that means so much to me that I wrote about my wife and her dad, and now watching it mean so much to other people, and hearing people sing at shows, like I've been here for thirteen years. I've never had anybody sing along at a show. And so like my bass player the first time that happened. He's been playing bass for me for eleven years, like right when I started, and I remember the first time it happened. It was last year and people started singing. I was like, dude, do you remember people singing at our show?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 13: Never, nobody's ever singing. I've been waiting on this for Tay.
Speaker 14: I was like, oh my goodness, we finally got a song that people know.
Speaker 3: Whenever you write a song, let's say, for your now wife, and you play it for her, you're like, this was inspired. When you write a song inspired by her? Dad, are you ever You're like, Chuck, come in, I want you to listen to this song I wrote. How did that get back to him? Cause that's kind of you know, it's it's not awkward, but it's kind of I wrote the song about Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I just I didn't show him, you know.
Speaker 14: I showed her and it was like, hey, if you want to show your dad, you can, and I have this really special video of the first time, like, you know, we're getting married, and she said, Dad, I got the song we're going to dance to. And I made, you know, the twenty nineteen versions, like this real up tempo thing. And we got married in twenty twenty one, so it was a couple of years later. I made a special wedding version just so she could dance to it with her dad and just me and a piano and a cello. And so she pulls it up up in the kitchen and just starts dancing with her dad in the kitchen to it and they're crying, and I like sneak my phone in on the side of it and watched, you know, get to watch them have this special moment of her and her dad. And that was really cool for me as a as a songwriter to be like, man, I've been writing songs since I was sixteen in my bedroom and like, never thought I would write the song that my wife and father in law would dance to, and not only that, but so many around the country at that time. It was just literally I did it for them and we posted the video on our honeymoon. I'm just like, hey, if you like this wedding version, I'll put it out. And it was a Wednesday and we woke up the next morning with almost ten million views on the TikTok, and I was just like me and my wife were dancing, was like, every record company's gonna be calling us now, baby, you know, and nobody did. We laughed now, but not so funny then so funny then now now we're laughing because it's like, yeah, we freaking did it by ourselves. Back then, it was like, oh man, everybody's calling and yeah, nobody did and just watched it happen. So many other dads use this song and it's so funny. Now in meet and greets, I have these cowboys that come up and cowboy hats and real manly man and they're like crying. They're like, don't tell anybody, I'm crying. But that song right there really means.
Speaker 13: A lot to me.
Speaker 3: Are you those dads match a man? Ready savage?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: Everyone sounded like, yeah, have you played any weddings this song? Any weddings I have?
Speaker 14: Yeah, there's some really awesome TikTok videos too, where I just kind of surprise some people. Like I get messages all the time, and I always reach back if I see them, like where's it at?
Speaker 13: You know, if I'm in the area and I'm touring, like and if I have.
Speaker 14: Time, I'll stop by, you know, and if it works out, it does, and if not, you know, I wish we could do surprise more people. But but yeah, we've done a couple of them. They've been really special. I had one in Salt Lake City that really stands out. They reached out and they're like, we're using you know, she's somebody's dollar. I also have this song called can she have this dance that I wrote from my mama to dance to at our wedding And we put that out too, and like my husband's dancing to that song, we're also going to use your son. I was like, well, man, this they're using all my songs. Tribute show. You're still a lot tribute I'm still here. So we would show up and we got to play those and that was really cool. But those those are some special moments because you just get to be a part of people's lives. And I just think that's what's so cool about country music is you know, music's made to make memories too, and man, when you can be a part of somebody's long, long term memory of getting married, you know, that's that's really special to me.
Speaker 3: I know for a long time, you were booking all of your own shows too, like you were a DIY. And what's cool is you've learned how to do it. But now have there been people come along that are now joining the team.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So from twenty twenty to twenty four, I managed myself. I booked to myself. That was my own record lage. Well, I don't know what I was doing.
Speaker 5: Would you talk like yourself though, or would you be like, right question, let me go check his calendar.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so what I do is I just had a Drew Baldridge man management email on on my Instagram and I still do you know, it just says Drew Baldridge Management and Gmail and show inquiries would come through that and I'd just be like, thank you so much.
Speaker 13: For being interested in Drew Baldridge. This is what we require.
Speaker 14: And so yeah, I just run that email and uh, you know when when they would ask to get on the phone, that's when it would get harry, you know, and then I'd have to go my tour managers like, hey, man, do you care to call these people? This is what we need and this is what we're doing. And but yeah, so I ran up by myself for four years. We got We did it all the way up to top ten alone with no manager, no agent, no record label. And then the last month I got a manager. Now, which is super awesome. I don't feel alone and I have an awesome booking agent UTA where I'm not having to you know, run all those phone calls. I got a I got a son, I got a wife. When I'm gone all the time, then I come home. When I'm on the phone till nine o'clock at night, my wife wants to kill me halftime probably you know I would if it was reversed, And so get a team to start helping. This is awesome, but it's also like I've been doing this alone. So I'm like, it's really hard to give it up, you know. I'm like, no, you don't know. You might not know what you're doing, but I know what I'm doing, you know. And it's like, no, I'm finally starting to feel like, oh, I can just relax, Like, oh my goodness, we're about to have a number one. I actually have a team that knows what they're doing. They know more than I do. I'm just you know, it's been it's been a journey for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, a bunch of shows pop up, like more shows.
Speaker 14: Yeah, man, we just announced a tour just last week where we're gonna go out and kind of celebrate this. She's Somebody's daughter journey to number one. And you know they're all on my website at Drew baldersmusic dot com.
Speaker 13: Little plug right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Starting by the way, it's a bunch of the cities that wanted to September sixth, uh Greenville, North Carolina, but all the way up till December sixth, Bakersfield, Vegas, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, Des Moines, just some of the places that our show has heard. So you guys go to Drew's instagrammer's website and you can see all the shows there.
Speaker 13: Man, thank you for that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we're excited, and you know, we hope that we have more people come out and never you know, I I've been touring for you know, twelve years, eleven years, and you know, just now having a people sing along. So it's really nerve wracking, like headlining your own tour. I'm sure if you talk to artists that come in here, you're like, man, I just hope I sell one hundred tickets. Like, you want everybody to win. You want the person that's the club that's having you there, you want them to make money. You want to not be broke, and you want the fans to enjoy it and not come out because I played so many shows where there's like three people you know, and you're just like, hi, guys, this is for you.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 3: I guess you learn every one of their names.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you do, and but you know what's cool now is people come out and they have their backyard shirts on. And that's what's been really special is you know that says Baldridge and Bonfire's what we call the tour and they have their Baldridge and Bonfire shirt on thems like you're here when nobody was. You know, it's just a different kind of bond with these people.
Speaker 3: Can I suggest a song called He's Somebody's Son?
Speaker 13: I had a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I mean, it just all won to be fair. Go, yeah, he's some modest son, didn't have the sing, doesn't hit thet doesn't.
Speaker 13: Have a sing.
Speaker 3: You even heard all the lyrics, yet haters.
Speaker 13: Write bring it back.
Speaker 3: I really get in touch with my personal side and you guys are like it doesn't hit the same. Yeah, Drew, I'm happy for you man.
Speaker 13: Well, thank you.
Speaker 14: And you've been such a big part of this too, Like allow me to come on here when you know I don't really have.
Speaker 3: You're a total loser. When I found you, I was like, what do you need sir?
Speaker 13: But no, this means a lot.
Speaker 14: Since I moved to Nashville, IVE always dreamed of being on the Bobby Bone Show. This has been a special moment for me to come in here, and you guys don't have to allow me to come in here and tell my story. And Bob, you've told my story so many times and so many of your listeners. I'm just very thankful and humbled. And you know, I've had deals and I've lost them, and I don't take anything for granted anymore of so, like, this is special being in here with you guys.
Speaker 3: Today we're gonna play She's Somebody's Daughter. Do you want to play like twelve times?
Speaker 13: Just on.
Speaker 3: Repeat?
Speaker 13: Please? Please?
Speaker 14: At least you know once every hour. There we go every morning.
Speaker 3: Drew Baldridge, She's Somebody's daughter. Drew, Congratulations on whatever run this is. I hope you get your number one. That's amazing. Whatever you do next, but don't fall into that trap off going. Okay, now I got to do it again. There'll be a time for that this week.
Speaker 14: Wet's thank you because it's so it's easy to stress out because everybody's like, man, what's next. Hey, you're ringing the bell once? How do you do it again? I'm like, I don't freaking know. I'll be honest, I don't know how we're gonna do it again, but we're gonna try and and so you can get caught in that trap. But I'm really just trying to enjoy it. Next week, I took vacation, me and my wife. We're gonna go to the beach for four days and just try to you know, if we're number one, great, If not, we're just gonna celebrate the journey of.
Speaker 13: This of like, hey, we did this together.
Speaker 3: After you get back stress out exactly, take a few days you just enjoy it.
Speaker 8: Are you able to really disconnect?
Speaker 5: Like do you think when you go on vacation next week, like you'll be able to truly unplugged.
Speaker 14: I don't know, I'll be honest, I don't know. My wife has already said you got you got to, but she was like, you're gonna be on the phone so much with people saying congrats, congrats, and so I was like, at least that's better than like them saying what's next, what's next?
Speaker 13: You know, they're like, what are you doing now?
Speaker 14: And and so I think there's gonna have to come where I just shut my phone off to really disconnect and and just enjoy it, because already it's getting to the point where I'm getting a lot of text of congrats and I feel bad I'm not being able to respond.
Speaker 3: To what I call them.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm not trying to do that, but but like I said, next week, I'm really gonna try. I'm really gonna try because my wife deserves that too, and and so does my son and so, and I feel like we do too, how busy we've been. So I'm gonna try to shut it off, but we'll see. I mean, it's also fun to get congrats from buddies and and I've never had really anybody congratulate me about stuff.
Speaker 16: You know, that's a sad He's like, like me, that sounds I would say, what.
Speaker 13: Does mean about?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 13: That sound terrible?
Speaker 3: Then I'm going to do you a special favor and I'm not going to text your congrats. Oh well thanks you tell him now though, No, just a little gift from me to him. I'm just gonna ignore him for a while. As everybody else is like, you're the man, I'll be like, you know what, I'll take three steps back.
Speaker 13: Tell me the next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then I'll be like, what's next. There we go, that's cool, man, congratulations. I'm sure I'll talk to you soon. But yeah, you are an example of what I think a lot of artists are going to look at and go, dang, I'm thinking about giving it up. But they get to see your story because you also had those thoughts, as you said, and you didn't and you found a way in the ways that other people are going to find are not going to be the same. But it does show people if you don't quit your work hard and you strategize and then you modify your strategy constantly, like there is a way, there.
Speaker 13: Is a way.
Speaker 14: And I think that's what's been one of the most cool things out of this whole thing is so many artists have reached out and be like, dude, this is awesome. I'm like, can we go get breakfast. I'm like, one hundred percent, let's go do that. Because there's so many great artists in Nashville that come here, they get a record deal, and then their first song doesn't work or their second one.
Speaker 13: Then they don't get to go to radio again.
Speaker 14: Or they're just dropped or they're lost, or they become songwriters and they still have that artist drive. And it's been awesome to give some people some hope of saying like, no, man, you have the right song that you believe in that you'll put you know, or give it a real shot, a real chance, put your whole heart into it.
Speaker 13: It can work.
Speaker 14: And that's what's I think so cool and so cool for our community and our whole town and even radio it's awesome, like, hey, you have a song, it's working and people love it. Radio will play it, and you just got to believe in it, and you know, take a whole year of your life and you know, we send it to radio August twenty first of last year, so it's been almost a full year. But it's been fun to have a lot of other artists reach out and be able to give some love to them.
Speaker 3: At Drew Baldridge Music, the linked there for toward eights. You can just I don't get I don't guess you get paid for Instagram, though, do you?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 3: You can't just like watch a video over and over and over again and put money in your pocket.
Speaker 13: No, but you can.
Speaker 14: You can strain the music, yeah, exactly, stream the music and but come out to.
Speaker 3: To a show. Yeah, go to a show, and by merchre you the merch is what helps the mercher yea at Drew Baldridge music. Drew, good to see you, buddy, everybody said by Drew. Thank and we're rooting for you to see what's next.
Speaker 13: I love all right by Drew.
Speaker 1: So you guys, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Speaking of movies, these are some that freaked us out as kids. Now, these are not just like scary movies. There's some in here, but some of us have really normal movies that probably didn't freak anybody else out but us. And this was all inspired by the new Beetle Juice movie coming out. One of the actors was talking about how Beetlejuice used to scare her Number five.
Speaker 4: As a kid.
Speaker 3: I loved Beetlejuice. Michael Keaton right with you, They like, come on, that was awesome, and so they're remaking it. And Jenna Ortega, who was Wednesday right on Netflix, so she's in it, and she was like, she was scared of everything, including the original Beetle Juice movie. Was anybody as a kid scared of the Beetle Juice movie that freak anybody out?
Speaker 17: Now?
Speaker 3: That was funny me too, And I freaked out at every movie now was there a movie as a kid that probably freaked you out more than it should because mine was Grimlins. The first time I watched Grimlins, I didn't want to feed anything, humans, animals, anything near midnight. That movie freaked me out so bad that I didn't like scary movies. I still don't like scary movies. No horror for me. But Gremlins was the one that scarred me as a kid. And when we had dogs, I would the closer I got to midnight, I don't want to feed them, just just in case they did what the Gremlins did, which they turned from Grimlins, like what were they called it?
Speaker 4: Guys, the gizmo would turn into.
Speaker 3: Like a crazy They haven't remade that movie because that.
Speaker 4: Was that's pretty good.
Speaker 7: I was great movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that mine's Gremlins. Amy, any movie is a kid that's scard you candy Man, that's a real scary one.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean it was scary, so it should have scarred me.
Speaker 5: But mind mon even scary like go in a bathroom with a mirror and you know, and then of course my sister and her friends they would do that and be like Amy, Common would be like say, candy Man in the mirrors and it just freaked me out. Anytime I would have to go to the bathroom after that in the dark.
Speaker 4: What do you say, candy man, like three times and.
Speaker 8: You turn or something.
Speaker 13: Yeah, don't do it.
Speaker 3: It's not real. Lunchbox. Any movie as a kid that there was a couple scar The Stuff. Oh, that was the worst movie scary about yogurt.
Speaker 10: Hold on, hold on, you're telling me, as a six or seven year old you watched that you wouldn't be terrified to eat yogurt?
Speaker 3: And like you, I thought all our listeners the quick story of what the Stuff is about?
Speaker 7: The Stuff is the scariest movie of all time.
Speaker 10: And it is like this yogurt the government makes it to take over your body, and it's in this one town and these two kids.
Speaker 7: This one kid's like, I'm not going to eat it. Whole family'es like you will eat the yogurt and he's.
Speaker 10: Like putting it down the toilet and it comes alive and tries to eat you.
Speaker 7: Terrifying as a kid. Another one, Children of the.
Speaker 10: Corn, Oh, that was legitimately scar my goodness. Anytime we'd drive my corn, I'm oh, go go goat. So scary all Corn You're Out, Nightmare on Elm Street scary, But I.
Speaker 3: Would say those were actually scary movie.
Speaker 7: I'm just telling you you don't.
Speaker 3: Juice to her was like, I don't watch it to freak me out. Gremlins to me, I don't watch it a freaking out like yours are like normal, healthy. You shouldn't be watching those as kids anyway.
Speaker 7: Oh, Keith may just watch them.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to think of a normal teeth.
Speaker 3: He didn't call teeth, Keith. No anything for you.
Speaker 4: You guys, remember Christine is Scary is Stephen King movie.
Speaker 6: And it was like an old fifties car that like came alive and it would start with like an oldie song like twisted and shout, and then the lights came on and.
Speaker 4: It killed people.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 4: That freaked me out. Man, that car would just drive on its own. Dude, just run over people. It's like yogurt, yogurt, no.
Speaker 3: Way, Morgan anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine was Casper.
Speaker 3: Now see now we're talking the friendly ghost. Heck, yeah, man, he was friendly, but are.
Speaker 8: You still a ghost?
Speaker 2: So after I watched it, I thought there were a ghosts everywhere, and I thought a Casper is gonna pop up every time I was walking around the house and I was like, is there Casper?
Speaker 5: Is this real?
Speaker 7: I thought it was legit?
Speaker 3: How friendly is he really? Yeah?
Speaker 8: He wasn't friend.
Speaker 4: He's friendly, he'pposedly, but he can get anywhere.
Speaker 3: Completely agree. I felt on a Casper RAYMONDO. Anybody with the freak jaz as a kid, mine's kind of embarrassing. But Jumanji. Now we're talking with the Ouiji board.
Speaker 18: And my mom told me how evil it was, and she said, if your friends ever tried to do that Ouiji board, don't because that's when the evil spirits come out. And so my friend it was super popular. It made it in middle school. So they would all grab a Wiji board and I just go in the other room. I told mom, I wasn't a part of it.
Speaker 13: They did it, so.
Speaker 3: You'd let yourself out, you'd shug yourself out if they wuiji. Yeah, it was very terrified of it. We never wiji boarded. We were too scared of that stuff in general, Like, we didn't do that. But it's funny that Ray would leave the room as his friends did it. Thank you guys. You guys are all normal. We're all screwed.
Speaker 11: Up, that's true.
Speaker 3: We let normal movies mess with their heads. Let's do Bailey Zimmerman. Where it is Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: A listener called in and she's the reason why we did this segment. Right here. We had some scams that we've all fallen for over the course of the years, but she wanted us to talk about the worst scams each of us on the show had fallen for. And there's some really funny ones. And you may think it's Amy that has the worst one, but she wasn't.
Speaker 1: Number four.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Jarra and Florida. Hey, Jara, you're on the show. What's going on?
Speaker 17: Hio? Okay? So I just have a question, almost wondering if you guys could do a segment of the worst scams that he's fallen for. And the reason I say this because remember like a year ago when Amy fell for the scam. I think it was like a prisoner had just gotten out and he came to the door and he was selling Amy something and Amy cried with him, and Amy gains the person her credit pard number.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and then she bought the magazines that never really happened, wasn't magazine never really happened? Yeah, I think we could spend an hour on Amy's yeah alone.
Speaker 8: That one right there is probably my worst.
Speaker 3: You think, what about the cat? Oh yeah, Amy bought like this really expensive cat, but hyperde h it was a deposit. Yeah, she gave a deposit and then then she never got the cat, and then we went after him on the show and all of a sudden she got her deposit back, but like they weren't going to give it back to her.
Speaker 7: No chance. That was the biggest scam ever she had scam for that.
Speaker 8: They were in Louisiana.
Speaker 3: That was a tough one. Yeah, I mean I've been very fortunate as far as like scams and links for me. Somebody used my credit card a bow Jangles last week and I canceled it immediately. Really yeah, you were gone, And I was like, some is my credit card a bo Jangles? Canceled? Canceled, cancel, But I think my number just got out and I have LifeLock.
Speaker 4: No one went to bow Jangles. Your wife didn't go to bo Janles.
Speaker 3: I hit her up. You have Bojangles? Nope, I canceled a card. Uh so I think my lunchbox back in the day day maybe was the first one to get semi scam because he clicked the link. He thought he was on the news.
Speaker 7: Hey, look, you were on the news. What I was on the news? No, it wasn't me, but.
Speaker 3: It's just a link. They were fished.
Speaker 4: Oh they got him good, like trying to get.
Speaker 8: Him the biggest. That doesn't come off as scam. Scam, but it definitely.
Speaker 5: Ray got scammed when he thought he was modeling for Express and he showed up and took pictures in a basement.
Speaker 8: That's a scam.
Speaker 3: Different a good job of putting it right now, because it's good off you, because this is the worst, definitely the worst. Ray was approached by a photographer. It was like, hey, I'm shooting for Express the store in the mall. Yeah, and so would come down in my basement and Ray got in his underwear and liked on the bed and took all these pictures and just his underwear. They never ever surfaced. They weird, never made the magazine, never was in a pamphlet. The guy. We don't even know if the guy was actually a photographer or if the camera had film.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm sure it had film documenting.
Speaker 3: Looking back ray, Yeah, pretty like do you hate kind of hate that that happened for sure? Scammed? Yeah, and it was a learning experience.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, what does this mean?
Speaker 3: Like you were there like naked basically.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 18: And then after the fact I did realize that's the reason he wanted me to drink, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, he wanted you to drink.
Speaker 18: Well, he said there's a Fridge're gonna have drinks. You're more comfortable when you're drinking.
Speaker 3: And so how unclothed did you get my underwear? And like you were laying in the bed like spread eagle, like were you like doing like on all fours? Like? How was he having you modeled the underwear.
Speaker 7: Normally they wanted to.
Speaker 18: I guess he was sitting there trying to promote it as a lounge wear. So but all this stuff now this that everybody's wearing, all this relaxed fit clothing.
Speaker 3: I was the start of it years ago with this guy.
Speaker 18: And he said people are going to now be more comfortable and underwear and briefs and stuff like that on their couch.
Speaker 3: So that's how it was modeling. And so you were wearing briefs on a couch and was he getting really close to you, like take a picture like close ups?
Speaker 18: Yeah, it was for a magazine, but it was it was You can't argue that, but yes, yes.
Speaker 4: Was there anyone else there? Ray like it was just you two, like.
Speaker 3: A lighting director?
Speaker 18: No, it's just him, But he did say there were other people getting filmed later in the sh.
Speaker 3: Was there any chance that you were changing and there were pictures taking a view that you didn't know? Eh?
Speaker 18: I think that was before webcams and secrets stuff like that. Okay, I think that's been the leader in the clubhouse of in the past. How we yere, Eddie, have any you've been scammed? Nah?
Speaker 4: I just remember when we were moving to Nashville.
Speaker 6: I saw a house for rent for like two hundred dollars a month and it was awesome and it was huge, and then when I called them, they were like, no, this is not for rent and it ended up being yeah, Nigerian prince. So but I called the real owner and they're like, this is not for rent.
Speaker 3: So this is you were interested in the scam?
Speaker 4: Oh? I was ready to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds pretty fun.
Speaker 4: I'd had a good deal, yeah, but I didn't fall for it.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox had seen a new one. What was it?
Speaker 10: I got a text message and it says, hello, my name is Evelyn Thornton and I'm a recruiter.
Speaker 7: It's simply hired.
Speaker 10: We offer full time and part time jobs, and you've had your resume sent to us and recommended by several online recruiters, so we'd like to offer you a part time job or full time, depending on what you're interested in. The work is simple and all you needed is a smartphone computer to get the job done.
Speaker 7: Daily wages range from two D and stuff. But like, but then it clicked, you click a link?
Speaker 3: Yeah did you click it?
Speaker 10: No, because here's my thing. I don't have a resume, so I knew that wasn't for me. But I thought if you were looking for a job and you would set your resume out, you would think, oh, man, that's awesome. Someone has contacted me about a job.
Speaker 3: Or this actually could be a thing and they just have the wrong number down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they're shooting their shot. Maybe they're spreading the net.
Speaker 3: Wait, this wasn't a scam. It's more of a catfish. I got catfish and I was like, twenty six, Oh, this I thought it was a guest jenes model who wanted to say what up? And like I talked to her, but a webcam was always broken. Breathe yeah, and then turns out as a dude who was like getting money from other men.
Speaker 4: Didn't make the newsers the news make story.
Speaker 3: And I luckily didn't mean I didn't pay him that much, but so it was just that much, no nothing, but I brought him on the air. I think it was a girl to prove to them. I was like, guys, you'll never believe somebody actually likes me a guest jeans model, and they were like, no way. And then we put her on and she came on the show sound a drunkest crap came on the show, And turned out it was like a really small man who had made a lot of money off the sea.
Speaker 8: I mean, lots of people we know.
Speaker 3: We're pretty scared.
Speaker 8: You got caught up in that.
Speaker 3: I think it caught up because nothing happened to me.
Speaker 8: You were in it.
Speaker 5: Though he got mad when we were like Bobby, we were questioning this guest Jean's model being into.
Speaker 3: Because nobody ever wanted to go on oh yes, And I was like I wasn't mad at you. I was so happy for me because it was like you.
Speaker 8: Were defensive, we were questioning.
Speaker 3: I was like, I can't there's finally a girl that likes me, and you guys are fight That's what it was. I felt so insulted. This is the story here from twenty ten. They had been in contact for months from ABC News when the woman who identified herself as bre Condon made the first request for money. Mark Puelo said they met online exchange telephone calls and emails. Brie had sent pictures of herself, but they'd never met in person. According to the AFFI David, he had sent ten thousand dollars to bre Condon. Luckily I was broke in I'll be honest with you because that might have been a different story then. But yeah, I was just so insulted because there were no girls that wanted to date me, and finally there was a model, and they were like there's no chance, and I was like, you guys are so mean, and there was a little man. Oh it's a little man. But yeah, Jar, we've been through it a little bit over here.
Speaker 17: Well, thank you for so much for sharing your story.
Speaker 3: You brought up a lot of hurt, a lot of pasts, a lot of hurt that this is kind of still there. I hope you have a great day, Jar Thank you for listening to the show. You all right, see you later.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two Thomas rat stop by the studio. He has a new album out and it was super fun to hear about all the new music. Not only that, he also talked about his wife Lauren in the beginning stages of their relationship. Also, they had just went to Africa and took their daughter for her first trip. So really fun stuff here with Thomas rhtt In's studio.
Speaker 1: Number three on the Bobby Bones Show. Now Thomas rhett.
Speaker 3: His new album is out today. When you do a new record, it's don't know. Do you try to always present a slightly new version of yourself or is it just you're a different person because you've actually matured with age and experience and it just comes out a new person of yourself, like a version maybe both.
Speaker 20: I mean I feel like I try to write you know where I'm at in life, and I think right now I'm in a fun season of life, like all my kids are in school, for the first time ever, and so I feel like Lauren and I just kind of are freer these days. And so I think I think whatever I'm kind of going through in life sort of translates in music. But I think when it comes to making records, I feel like it's always trying to be progressive while remaining authentic.
Speaker 3: The album is about a woman, and we're going to play some songs out as we talk, But Ray, would you give me an overdrive?
Speaker 20: I would say that this song is a pretty accurate story of my high school days.
Speaker 11: If you will, do you have your Do you have your first truck that you ever drove? Anybody have a first vehicle that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yours?
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 11: I bought it back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I remember when you did that.
Speaker 11: I bought it back. And so I just I don't know.
Speaker 20: When I hear this song, I smell you know, Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce immediately, and I go straight back to like nineties, two thousands, all rock, and.
Speaker 11: I just I don't know.
Speaker 20: I just can envision myself going to pick up Lauren in that truck, and I don't know. I love nostalgia, like I'm a sucker for cheesy high school football films and you know, things that take me back to younger years, and so this kind of checks all those boxes for me.
Speaker 3: When you and Lauren were first dating, because I saw the picture that one of you guys had posted recently, it was like at a football game. Maybe it's been posted a couple of times. Yeah, sure, did you guys say outwardly we know we're gonna get married we're so in love? Because I'm sure that cycled in and out. And but was that always the thing with you two?
Speaker 13: For her?
Speaker 11: No, for me?
Speaker 3: You say that to her like as a kid, I.
Speaker 11: Don't, I don't think.
Speaker 20: So we dated a little bit when we were like sixteen years old, and you know, dated other people for a long we didn't really get back together until we were like twenty one, twenty two.
Speaker 3: When you were dating at sixteen, though, did you feel like this is the person I'm gonna marry.
Speaker 11: I mean I probably thought about it, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that just it just feels like in hindsight, you guys have always been together.
Speaker 20: Even for sure, it feels that way old. I mean we kind of even when we were dating other people, we actually still double dated together. So like what, yeah, you mean you went out, like we always remained really good friends. And so I was dating somebody else and she was dating somebody else. We would go to the movie together, like go to Sonic together, like you know, do the thing. So we always remained like really close.
Speaker 3: Sounds a bit fishy, I feel what fish.
Speaker 5: Whatever girl you've had with you how to be like, oh my gosh, she's totally into this other girl.
Speaker 20: There was There was a long time period where I seriously did I completely had blocked it out of my mind. But I think like later on, when I turned like, you know, sophomore junior in college, I was just like, man, you know, but I kind of thought she was going to get married to somebody else. And we actually see both of these people on a regular basis.
Speaker 11: The girl that I dated, I see her at church every Sunday, and uh.
Speaker 20: And one of the guys or one of the one of the guys that Lauren dated, he comes to all of our like Halloween parties, Christmas parties, all the stuff.
Speaker 11: So we see a lot more of like the people that Lauren dated than I dated. So probably shows to her character. She probably dated better people than me.
Speaker 3: You guys have been together, even married for a while. Yeah, how does she feel when you create something new and you bring it home and you're like, check out this song because it's even for my wife, And I say, my wife loves me and supports me in every way. Sure, And we were talking about my wife doesn't listen to the show. She just does not care. She's like I live with the show for sure. So I would say, I would say it's similar.
Speaker 20: I think like early on, she was with me a ton, like before we got married. You know, Lauren graduated as a nurse from the University of Tennessee, and when we were going into marriage counseling, our counselor was like, I think, y'all just need to like really be together your first year of marriage. And so she was with me, like with you know, seven other dudes on the bus, and back then we were playing like two hundred and eighty three hundred and something plus shows. So I mean she got a full feel like twenty twelve, twenty thirteen on the road.
Speaker 11: But yeah, I used to play her like every.
Speaker 20: Song that I would write, And now I don't even really play her demos anymore. I wait till they're finished because Lauren gets like severe demo demo sad. Yeah, I remember when I wrote die Happy Man. I played her the demo and then we went to the studio to cut it. She was like, I hate this version, and I was like, well, I can't put two am you know bus bus vocal out on the radio. But anyway, I've gotten the point where I'll finish the record now and then I'll play it all for So.
Speaker 3: What about this record sonically musically? Then people's ears are they going to feel a bit different?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 11: I worked with a different producer on this project.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you explain what that because again I think we all know we're in that world of what a producer even is for sure? What is that?
Speaker 11: That's kind of all over the place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, What does that mean when you say work with a new producer? How does that affect you and what you're doing while you're in there.
Speaker 20: I think that different producers use, you know, different sounds, They come from different backgrounds, their influencers are different, and so on this record. Dan Huff remained a constant on this project. But my buddy Julian and Benetta. I don't know if you think you know that Julian, but he started, you know, maybe fifteen twenty years ago, and his first big project that he worked on was like the One Direction albums, and so like grew grew up in La, did the whole LA thing. And now this year he produced my record, produced the Sabrina Carpenter record and the Teddy Swims project.
Speaker 11: And so I feel like his ability to.
Speaker 20: Kind of shift in between like all those different things while having the wealth of knowledge that he has, he kind of just came in and like, chackallenge me in a bunch of different ways, musically, lyrically, sonically.
Speaker 3: Challenge like if you have something that you like and he's like, does he say, I think that can be better? Like do you allow someone to challenge you?
Speaker 20: Like, oh, dude, hundred percent. We do this thing called the Firing Squad with each other. So me and him and the couple people will sit around. I don't know if y'all do this, but you should. We sit around and we just pass the you know, the little speaker around and we just play songs and we absolutely go hard in the paint on what we either like or can't stand about the song. So I feel like in this right like every single song went through so many rounds of like why do you like this? Why do you not like this? I love the first verse, I hate the second verse. The bridge could be better. So I think having the time this go around, because I had such a light touring year this year, it allowed me to kind of like keep going back over to Julian's house in tweaking melody and tweaking verses. And I've never done that before. It's kind of always been like, well, the song is done, that's what it's going to be. A lot of these songs went through a bunch of different rounds of just like fixing and tweaking until we both felt like it was right.
Speaker 3: So will you ever sing? And somebody like Julian or whomever you trust, is like, do it again? That is not it and you're like, no, I feel like that's like and they push you and then maybe you hit a spot, a new spot, or maybe you have to chase the place you don't feel comfortable and does that happen?
Speaker 20: It happened a lot on this project because I feel like I really found my voice and I feel like I know how I sing.
Speaker 11: But he challenged me in a.
Speaker 20: Bunch of different ways on this record, like on Boots, which is like I think track maybe twelve or twelve or thirteen. I think I told you this the other night, but I sing it like me and he was just like, I feel like your vocal is boring, And I was like, what do you mean to do? And he was like, I just want you to channel Elvis and Dwight Yoakam right here, even if we don't use it, I just want to hear what it sounds like. And so I did it as a joke, and then I started living with that, and all of a sudden, it became so much more cooler. It just became cooler to me because it was almost like I was playing a character for the first time. I want a song like Can't Love You Anymore? Like I always sing really full voice, and you challenged me to sing in kind of like this weird not whisper but not yelling kind of voice, and so I feel like I feel like on a lot of the tracks on this record, he kind of encouraged me to kind of sing differently on a lot of different things to kind of just keep making the record interesting as you went down down the project.
Speaker 3: So Ray, I want to hear a little bit of boots that he was talking about.
Speaker 20: Could have easily gone in there and just gone okay to talk to the session players. Let's record a nineties honky talk sound in song, and I'll sing you like me. But then you start tweaking and you kind of get more into this like rockabilly land, and then compaired with like this, you know, kind of like zezy top, like a hole, you know, like just kind of just getting just more into into the song, and it just made it so much more interesting to me.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna play which is the song that the record is kind of named after, about a woman, So give me a little something here before I go into this, like what's I don't know when I talk about that? What do you think?
Speaker 11: What do you say with a song something a by a woman?
Speaker 20: Yeah, I feel like it is the song maybe I think something about a woman in boots are the ones that feel like the most left of center songs on the project, really, I feel like they do. And if you know me, like I'm a giant like Rolling Rolling Stones fan, like big Steely Dan fan, and I feel like I was trying to channel my inter Mick Jagger on this track. We wrote this song at like two o'clock in the morning on the road, and once we had finished it, I was like, I don't know where this goes, Like, does it go on this project? Does it come as a one off? And the more I listen to it, the more it just kind of became my favorite thing. It's the one that when I sit down with a guitar, it's like the first thing I start playing.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna play it.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 3: Here's something about a Woman Thomas Htz here, He's got an album out that's called About a Woman. It's out today. Go go stream it, save it and then stream it later. You can't even stream it right now. Save it right now and then stream it later.
Speaker 1: On the Bobby Bones Show. Now, Thomas Rhett.
Speaker 3: When you record an album, do you do it all? And like you go and you lock yourself in a studio for four days? Is it different every time you do? Sometimes it takes months? Like this record, I don't know. Do you record all the track?
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't understand how this works.
Speaker 20: Yeah, this record was obviously was different than any record I've ever done. During COVID, I taught myself how to like record my vocal at my house and so I feel like when I would used to go record songs, it would always be like, Okay, we're going to block seven days to go to your producer's house or to the studio and do a gajillion takes of a song and whatever. But I kind of felt like doing it in my studio, like in my basement at home, Like I just felt like I could try more without anyone watching. And so I would just like literally just compile, compile, and compile, and then I would shoot it over to Julian and he would do all the comping. Uh me, like when you sing a song like ten times in a row, you kind of like go through and you get you kind of get to pick the best pieces of the verse or get the you know, pick the best pieces of the chorus.
Speaker 11: And so I could never comp my vocal.
Speaker 20: I would I would go absolutely crazy doing that, but there are some people that are so good at it. But yeah, I mean we would go in and track, you know, with a live band, and we would take kind of the raw pieces of it and kind of we did mostly subtracting, which is interesting because I always feel like in my music, I'm I'm one of those people that just always likes to add and add and add. You know, if there's two part harmony, let's make it four, you know what I mean. And I feel like Julian and Dan did a good job on this record. It really just like subtracting, so kind of just taking the bones and just making what needed to be there stay there. So I feel like there's on this record there's more space than there's ever been on my projects, which kind of terrified me in a way because space freaks me out. Like even when I'm playing shows, if like we end a song and like my drummer has to change his snare drum er, we have like guitar changes or whatever, I start to panic because I feel like we just need to get into the next song as fast as humanly possible. But I've kind of learned how to embrace the space on this project.
Speaker 3: So do you ever hear any flaws in your old records? That's your fault? I mean yeah, Like and you're like, oh man, I can't believe that five records ago, Like I missed that a little. Do you ever hear that or purposely leave a flaw in because I can think of a couple famous songs oh yeah, not even yours, like James Blunt, you're beautiful at that beginning part. Yeah, yeah, hey can you count me in? There are a lot of those little any of that on your records where they either left it.
Speaker 20: I've always I've always really loved flaw on albums, Like I think probably my favorite reference would be like one of the first couple led Zeppelin albums, like John Bonham is the reason I ever wanted to play drums, and so like when you listen to those records, you can hear his like kick drum pedal squeaking, you know, in the microphone or whatever. And today you would you would be able to just like take that out. But I think I think flaw is what makes you human, you know what I'm saying. And so there's definitely sometimes when I listen down to a vocal or like my voice cracked or my voice broke, but.
Speaker 3: It got a record though that made it, and you didn't catch it until it's like fully produced.
Speaker 20: No, because I listened to these songs way too many times not to catch that stuff. But I think I definitely look back at records and I go, man, that record could have done without five or six of those songs, you know what I mean, Because I do think we kind of live in an age where it's like more is better all the time, content music, whatever, and so like on this record, like even just putting fourteen in this project freaked me out because I was like, everybody is putting a gajillion songs on their project and they're releasing.
Speaker 11: Like three projects a year.
Speaker 20: But yeah, I definitely look back at my older records and I'm like, man, those could have easily been eleven songs and not eighteen.
Speaker 3: There's I think of were you a Nirvana fan ever? Yes, but not miss you.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 11: I was a Nirvana fan, but probably not as big as you were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's big. I'm obviously a little older too. But there's a song Pollie where it's like Polly says, there back hurts, but he jumps in. He should have waited four and he jumped in it two. And I listened to the producer who was in Garbage, who yeah, is very famous producer, and he was talking about how he just jumped in early and they left it in Like I love sure those instances of it just seems normal now. Yeah, for sure, here these famous songs, but they left like, well.
Speaker 20: Those are the things, those are the things that you can't wait to, like scream at a concert.
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 20: Yeah, like a hidden tracks used to be a rad thing. It was like, I don't I don't know that that our generation has the capacity to wait sixty seconds after the last song is over.
Speaker 3: And we would see, now how long a song is and it would end at three and be like, why is this strike seven minutes? Because I remember like hard Candy from County Crows on the last I would hold down this fast forwards on the CD right and then it would hear oh no said and it was Joni Mitchell and it ended up later being them with the Vanessa Carlton. Yeah, paved Paradi I has to put up. But that was the hidden track and I was like, this is the coolest thing ever. Yeah, hidden tracks were so legit.
Speaker 11: We need to bring them back.
Speaker 3: What about like backward masking? You ever hear about that where you play the song backwards and people would be like, you'd hear this, you'd heart and people be like, I swear he just said the devil's wearing jeans. He the devil's wearing jeans. What do you listen to whenever not new, I'm gonna put you there. But when it's you just are going to like relax. If you're like grill out in the back and you got to put something on that you love, but you don't have to spend a lot of attention to like what is your what's your songs? What's your music?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 20: I'm kind of an so I feel like when we're like cooking at the house or whatever, I'm a I just put on Frank Sinatra radio. There's something about the fifties. I don't know what it is, but it puts me in a very joyous mood. So fifties music, I think, or yacht rock.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, right, yeah, yeah, when the big ballads come on yacht rock, that's pretty fun stuff.
Speaker 11: Pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: Do you guys go to Africa?
Speaker 11: We did. We were there for three weeks.
Speaker 3: How long is that flight?
Speaker 11: Which one?
Speaker 20: I mean my family went over to London to try to adapt at the time with all my kids and I flew from Denver to London, London to Dubai, Dubai down to Uganda and so all in all, it's it's about a thirty six hours travel day. Yeah, wow, And coming back Dubai to Washington, d C is a fifteen hour straight flight and we did that with four four kids.
Speaker 3: And what do you do while you're there for three weeks? Was it your daughter's first time.
Speaker 11: D Yeah, it was. We kind of did half and a half.
Speaker 20: So my wife is on the board of this organization called Love One International, and for the last like five or six years they've been raising money to build this center in this little town about five hours north of Kampala, which is the capital. So we went over there for the grand opening of that and it was amazing. But yeah, watching wille Gray go back to Uganda for the first time it's been eight years now, it was one of the most special moments as a dad that I've ever experienced when.
Speaker 3: You wrote Mamma's House, because you wrote that with Morgan. Yeah, how did that come up as a topic? Did someone come in to go, let's write about a mammal or did that organically just come about in conversation.
Speaker 20: That was the first time I ever wrote with Morgan. It was on Zoom during COVID. It was me and him and Josh Thompson and a guy named Matt Dragson. We actually had written another song. I don't even remember what it was called, but I remember almost getting off the zoom, thinking like, we just wrote the worst song ever. And Morgan randomly gets a phone call from his grandmama and you can hear it in the very beginning of the track, like that was like live audio from that session. And he got back and I was like, man, I didn't know you had a mammal that was from East Tennessee because I've got a mama from me Tennessee. We started talking about the way that we were raised and all this kind of stuff, and so we were just like, let's write a song about our grandparents, kind of honestly thinking this is never going to see the light of day. And it didn't for like four years, and then yeah, it came out and turns out a lot of people love singing about the grandmamas.
Speaker 3: So I would say that's accurate. I liked the song too, even if they don't like their grammarship rh. Yeah. You ever write a song that's you feel like it's really good and it just doesn't make sense for you, not even timing wise, but it's just like, man, I love this song and it's super catchy and says, but I don't make sense singing it.
Speaker 11: For sure. It happens a lot. Actually, what's one of those? Nothing? Probably nothing recently.
Speaker 20: But I just had to hit with Dustin Lynch want a song called Stars Like Confetti that I wrote and I loved, but it didn't make sense for my project. And I don't even have a reason for that, but I think like listening down and then putting that song in the mix, it didn't make sense.
Speaker 3: I like when it goes stars like Confetti, Uh huh, yeah, that she a little ear candy. Yeah, So tell me about that specifically because I like that because it definitely hits way different, and there's a chance that when it hits different, it's going to hit Oh that's super catchy or that's super corny. Yeah, yeah, I love that. That's what comes by What are you saying? What's he saying exactly?
Speaker 11: I think you just ah yah did.
Speaker 3: You write that? In the initial chorus?
Speaker 11: And I've got the demo i'll play, I'll send, I'll send it to you.
Speaker 3: And then did you think should we leave the AI in or did you know immediately you felt.
Speaker 20: Like yeah, I think we just wrote it and and I don't know like six eight months went by and like nothing was happening with it, and so I think my buddy Josh Thompson the Senate to Dustin and he takes me and said, are you going to do anything with this? And I said, I don't think so, and he and you never know when we will record your songs, that they're just going to be like random track number ten on an album if they're actually have a chance at making it as a single. But I think that song was kind of starting to pop organically. And yeah, dust I mean Dustin pretty much sang it how we did it in the demo.
Speaker 3: I love Surprised and I just love the yeah, like that is such.
Speaker 20: Well, it's like ooze and oz and like it's just something for people to latch onto, you know what I mean.
Speaker 11: Like even if you don't know any of the other words in the show, you can go ah.
Speaker 3: You know, do you think if someone walked in with a shotgun right now, said Thom's rett, I need you to go in this room, and I need you to write a song, and it has to be a hit, and it could be as as simple as possible, and you have thirty minutes. You could write a hit song. You can put all the claps and oohs and oz and kid choir anything you want. That is no. Do you think you could write a song in thirty minutes it would be a hit.
Speaker 8: Maybe it got to be a shotgun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, because we got to make him want to do it. Otherwise, he's like, because he Thomas invests a lot of himself into his art and wants to say things are important to him. But I'm not asking to do that. I'm saying, you just got to write a goofy radio hit.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you think in thirty minutes you could do one?
Speaker 11: Let me it could?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's awesome. Get a gun, bringing it, Bring about a woman. It is out today, fourteen.
Speaker 11: Tracks, Yeah, fourteen.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's the deal you and Lauren the UT and Georgia versions?
Speaker 7: What are you what?
Speaker 3: It's even happening here where you guys are going against each other?
Speaker 20: So that rivalry in our house has just been like such a joke for a long time. And like, you know, me and my dad are like the only two Georgia Bulldog fans that that I'm like, I spend a lot of time with.
Speaker 11: And so.
Speaker 20: We go to a lot of UT games and I feel like there's just not a whole bunch of love for the Georgia Bulldogs around my family. And so somebody on my team had the idea of making these two different vinyls to see, so one has like the orange and white checkerboard on the hood and the other has like the red and black light Georgis stripe on the hood, and we just kind of wanted to make a competition out of that to kind of see who had more loyalty from my fan base. And so she's beating me by like thirty five percent currently, which is not shocking.
Speaker 3: So about a woman is out today. One other thing, you look really like healthy?
Speaker 11: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, anything? What are you doing new?
Speaker 20: I think I'm just like playing shows again. I've lost I've lost like twelve pounds over the summer and I don't know if it's from jumping around in July and August heat or whatever.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you look good.
Speaker 11: I can't fit into most of my pants.
Speaker 5: Well you can't say that with such emphasis of those are good. I know you look good, but when it's like you look good.
Speaker 3: Like his hair is like popping, it's like a good color. It's like it's crazy.
Speaker 11: But Assault and THEFF for Happening and they're awesome embracing it.
Speaker 3: New albums out.
Speaker 11: Good to see your buddy likewise, man, that's always.
Speaker 3: Roof for everything you do. A ey a eh. What if someone said, final thing? What if someone said Tom's ratt your producer, and you know you said they wanted you to like little channel litt Dwight yoak a little maybe. Oh, I as fast as you did, you know whatever that is, and they were like, we need you to channel Mickey Mouse and and just just lay down a little bit of half of me. But need you do like Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 11: I could not do that.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I'm your producer.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's no way for me.
Speaker 3: I kind of have to at least agree. See, yeah we never worked together. Then we never work you'd.
Speaker 11: Be out Bobby's producers record.
Speaker 3: See you didn't come to the challenge. And now I'm gonna go back to the Wiggles, which is what I've been known before. Yes, Thomas wrote the new record about a woman Thomas, Good to see a.
Speaker 11: Buddy Likewise, Thank you, ma'am.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, Lunchbox surprised a listener with a toilet seat. So it's the Palette, you know, he who shall not be named aka Baltimore aka the Palette. But it got named and it was a big surprise for a listener in a way. The listener also called them wanting it. But that's what you're about to hear is lunchbox surprising a listener Forcibly number.
Speaker 3: Two and Morgan Harry Potter.
Speaker 4: What's the name?
Speaker 3: They don't say? Oh, Valdemart and what I'm sorry. Never read the books, I respect him, never seen the movies, I respect them. Why don't they say the name?
Speaker 2: Well, he's the main villain, And basically it's kind of like a Boogeyman type situation.
Speaker 7: If you kind of say the name he shows.
Speaker 3: Up, it is like beetlejuice.
Speaker 2: No, but like that's kind of the vibe of it. He doesn't actually show up, but that's the vibe, Like, don't speak about him because he's the darkness.
Speaker 3: By the way, Beetlejuice awesome. Back in the day. The new Beetle Juice coming out.
Speaker 4: Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice three.
Speaker 3: It's beetle Juice, Wait.
Speaker 8: Three, Beetle Juice, Hold On, Hold On?
Speaker 3: Is the movie called beetle Juice, beetle Juice. Okay, so what we're saying is you got to say it three times to get him to come out right, right, right. But the new movie, I'm looking forward to beatle Juice, beetle Juice because the first one was so good. So you don't say Voldemort, you don't say beetlejuice three times. And there's a word that we don't like to say on this show because it brings up bad thoughts and memories. Do you guys know the word palette?
Speaker 4: I figured palette.
Speaker 3: So the palette is something we all put our money into. Bought this pallette. It's a palette of Amazon returns. We didn't know what was in it, and we were very excited to make money by selling the stuff individually. It turned to a massive fight within us. We just stopped talking about it. We said, we're not doing this as a bit. However, Lunchbox continues, drip by drip to tell me that the palette is making people very happy still to this day. So what is the latest.
Speaker 10: Some guy called in and said he broke his toilet seat and knew that we had toilet seats from the pallette. And he would love to have a toilet seat from the Pallette. So I was like, man, I'm gonna call him and sell him one.
Speaker 7: But Bobby was like, no, you need to give it to him for free.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, of course, And so.
Speaker 7: I called the dude back and made his dreams come for.
Speaker 3: We had the call. Yeah, hell, here we go.
Speaker 7: Hello is this toilet seat guy?
Speaker 17: Yes, toilet seat guy?
Speaker 7: Man, what's up? It's lunchbox?
Speaker 17: No freaking way, what's up lunchbox dude?
Speaker 10: What is your name? I just know you. You want to put your butt on our toilet seat?
Speaker 17: Yes, yes, huge, let go. My name is Carter Man.
Speaker 10: Okay, well you know what we're gonna do. We're gonna make dreams come true today because this is what we do. I mean, I was gonna sell it to you, and Bobby said that I have to give it to you for free.
Speaker 17: For free. That is freaking awesome. I wants to toilet seat, lunch box, and I will give you my address.
Speaker 10: Hey man, We're gonna make your toilet see congratulations, have a great day. We're making dreams come true, one crap at a time.
Speaker 17: One crap out of time. Dreams are coming true.
Speaker 13: God, thank you' all two things.
Speaker 3: How do we know if it's a toilet? Are they universal?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Two do we send them on? We all signed, we're gonna sign it, but not on the top.
Speaker 7: On top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's sign it and he sits on it. Guys, that's so funny.
Speaker 8: You can do it underneath when you listen.
Speaker 3: Why would we want that? How many do we have?
Speaker 7: I think we have three remaining.
Speaker 3: No, we send them one and we all sign it and he sits on it. Yes, Why would you not want that?
Speaker 8: Why would you want that?
Speaker 3: Because that's hilarious and you get to pick what you want?
Speaker 7: Do you want back button? Do you want sign like big?
Speaker 3: Where do you sign it? Yeah? Yeah, I'm gonna go right in the middle of the back, so I get a little crack. It's a little failing. See the palette. Although made us miserable and really hate each other for a while, it's making some people happy.
Speaker 8: He sounded pretty happy.
Speaker 3: So death tell me something good, So we'll sign it. We'll mail it off today. Nice.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: I really hate when I have to come on here for another week and do a not so fun number one spot. But this was some big news in my life, not exciting news, very sad news. And I barely made it through the announcement, barely making it through telling you guys right now because the suggestion or that even the topic of it just you know, brings on some sad feelings for me. But here it is the number one spot. I shared some updates on my relationship Number one.
Speaker 3: This is what's referred to as a band aid segment where I don't tease it, there's no build up to it. We just ripped the band aid off. I've never called it that until now, but if you ever hear of a band aid segment, that's what it's going to be for now on. Okay, I didn't before going into this segment and teas or anything band aid segment. Ready, go ahead, man in uniform.
Speaker 13: And I broke up.
Speaker 3: Oh, so that is Morgan didn't want to do a big bit build out till Lunchbox. Well, Morgan also, I've known for a bit because I will try to make sure that the show doesn't migrate to going in on something, just to give her a little space. And so she was like, Hey, this happened, It's cool. I felt like it's my job to protect her for a little bit, so if it goes somewhere, I can boot it out until she's comfortable right a little behind the scenes, she did also come and say I would like to say it now and get it over with because it will be brought up again in normal discussion. And I recommend her for that because she's looking out for herself by doing that. But this is always a hard segment. So I'm also vamping here to let her catch your breath again, because I know that was hard for her to say. So We're going to give you all the space that you want or need, and you can lead us in whichever direction you like.
Speaker 12: Morgan, I was completely blindsided. I didn't know this was coming. I didn't see it coming. I protected myself in every way that I possibly could, and thought that I had found somebody that this was it. And you guys heard that in me talking about it on the show. But he uh, as we were about to move in together, I guess you could say.
Speaker 3: Would you say, as you what to move in together?
Speaker 2: We were about to move in together, had a epiphany man in uniform is Jewish and decided, because I'm not Jewish, that's not what he wanted, so we had multiple conversations about it. I thought we were on the same which is why I was completely blindsided, but I guess we weren't. And that's where we are now.
Speaker 3: Can I give you a oh, it's such a light like fractional positive? Can I give you a fractional positive? You didn't pick a freaking loser. And I think that that for the first time, like as your friend, Like that's big growth. This sucks for now. No, I'm not taking away this sucks for you in any way, but I think that you're maturing and actually knowing what you want in a relationship and from our life with you, I think you have started to look for more quality guys and for what they stand for and believe in. And I know right now it doesn't help you feel better, but like this was, this is a mild wind in your in your growth as a human that I totally get. If you guys aren't compatible on that level, don't go further at all. And I'm sure it hurts for both of you and sucks for both of you. And I'm gonna stop talking because I'm not even sure what I can even ask, but that really sucks.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can ask that.
Speaker 12: I do feel good about the fact that I finally found someone who gave me hope that there are good men out there, but it sucks all the more because of that, again, because I was blindsided in thinking that this was this was it?
Speaker 3: Did you want you convert? Was that it? No?
Speaker 2: You know, really like, I don't think that would have mattered.
Speaker 3: Was he practicing or born or both? Born? Okay, so does he practice Judaism? Was that it was that it's more the.
Speaker 2: Culture thing, not as much practicing, which is why, like when we had conversations about it, it kind of really threw me because I didn't see that at all. And that's why when we were to have conversations about it, I thought were on the same page, but as you know, we got more serious and stuff, it just became that that's going to be more important for him in the future.
Speaker 3: I suppose does he want to find a Jewish wife?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think good job by him, because this definitely could have gone a lot farther and he could have pulled that thread a little later, which would have been even harder. I think good job by you by picking somebody that was worth the crap. It still very much sucks, and I'm very sorry because I know you were, like you're fundamentally you were excited about the future, and that's you'll look back at this as big time growth, big time growth. You can't write now it sucks, It really sucks. I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's.
Speaker 12: Not a lot of people out there that can relate to this particular topic, which also makes it harder and really hard for me to understand.
Speaker 2: But I do.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 12: I am really happy that one day I can.
Speaker 2: Look at this scenario and know that I found somebody that was good, and I now can see out there that there is going to be good.
Speaker 3: I think this is actually something that happens more than you think. And I'm not saying you're specific Jewish and Christian, but I think there are a lot of couples that struggle with again I'll use the word like fundamental foundation, that they don't come from that same spiritual background or even same religion, and they have to figure a way to make it work. I have very close friends that have gone through some extremely difficult times because they do have like a they even call it like a split. I think interfaith, and it's it's it's it's difficult, but it's again, it's really great that you guys identified that now because it just works. It's been way way.
Speaker 5: Harder and then you sharing right now, even as hard as it is, it may prompt conversations that other people need to have, like hearing this, Like, even though it's painful and hard, somebody listening right now is going to be encouraged of like, oh, this is a conversation that I haven't had yet in my relationship, and I maybe need to do it, and it may help them get through either whatever direction they're going to go. It's a conversation that sometimes people avoid or don't realize un till it gets too late and they're like, oh, shoot, we didn't discuss this, and what if we want to have kids and then how are we going to raise them?
Speaker 8: And you know, it's snowballs.
Speaker 3: So is there a chance you guys have a discussion about it later and change your minds? I don't think. So.
Speaker 2: We had a follow up conversation after the breakup happened, and he seemed very sure in his decision. So I don't think there's anything that I could have done or could do differently for him, And that sucks for me, but I do still believe he's a great human, which also sucks.
Speaker 3: And two things can be true at the same time. One this is just sucks. I'm really sorry because it sucks and your heart hurts, and hate that for you as a person. But it also, I think is a good thing that it happened now and not later after you lived with each other and made it even harder, which would then make if you did decide to get married and keep hunting it kicking the can.
Speaker 2: God dang, yeah, I could have made it so much worse, So I am thankful for that.
Speaker 3: Well, well, he hurts.
Speaker 8: Really bad right now.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it does.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Morgan.
Speaker 3: And I know Lunchbox's eyes got big because it was going to be like love Bomb told you, but it wasn't that at all. And then, you know, did he his eyes got lower, you know, and he lowered his head down real quick because he wasn't going to say anything.
Speaker 7: I got a couple theories, there.
Speaker 4: Are theories to have she told you what happened.
Speaker 3: No, this is I don't even know that. I don't even know.
Speaker 8: It's too soon.
Speaker 5: This is why right at the beginning on like lunchbox. I looked at him and I was like, lunch fox.
Speaker 4: No, maybe that's why it looked.
Speaker 8: She's clearly in pain right now. Yeah, right at the beginning, did you see.
Speaker 5: I looked back and I go lunchbox, because I knew he was about to just like go in.
Speaker 3: What's one?
Speaker 21: What's what's One of the theories part of my just hearing her talk is he got cold feet about the moving in because she said we were about to move in together, and so he looked for the one thing that he knew.
Speaker 7: He could use as the excuse, because she.
Speaker 10: Said they had multiple conversations about it and they were on the same page. So I think the moving in like freaked him out.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go to Morgan. Morgan, your theory, your thoughts on that theory.
Speaker 12: I don't think it was that because he's the one who brought it up. I was never I was never pursuing that. That was never something that I pushed, and it came very naturally into the conversation, and he was very consistent. There was even like a moment where I was like, I'm not getting rid of any of my stuff because we're not married and I'm not going there I don't want to do this, and he assured me that this is this is happening, and we were moving forward. So there was no part of me that believed the cold feat thing was going to happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's one theory, get it out.
Speaker 7: Second second theory she does get out of the way is that he had been waiting to meet me, and then now that he did, he was like, all.
Speaker 3: Right, I can break up that one. I can probably sign, yeah, because I met a lot of us.
Speaker 10: I met him a half ago and then it's like, all right, now that I got to meet Lunchek, and so.
Speaker 3: The whole relationship he was just using her to get to.
Speaker 7: You sounds like it. I mean, he did ask me if I wanted to go run with him.
Speaker 3: That's the one, guys, I can kind of sign again. I kind of believe Morgan. It really sucks. We're laughing now because we're just trying to lighten it up a little bit. But weaker people have gotten through harder things, and you're going to crush this. You're gonna grow from it, you're gonna learn from it. You didn't pick a loser. And I think as funny as that sounds, for me to say, like that shows your growth and I'm sorry it happened, you know, I.
Speaker 12: Will say, there's a moment for me this weekend as I'm trying to process everything, I was my dog that you had mentioned that my new foster, Sunshine got adopted, and I was taking her to her new home, and I looked at her and I was like, you're so special, and I know this is scary, and I know that you're afraid of what's to come, but this is going to be so beautiful for you. And as I was telling her that, I was like, what the crap am I doing? Why can I say that to her? But I can't say it to myself right now? And there was some healing in that, So that was kind.
Speaker 2: Of a bright spot amongst all of this as well.
Speaker 3: Would it help you if we promoted your podcast at least you gets extremely the podcasts from this. I think that would be a good good idea. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Morgan. The name of your podcast is take this Personally? Oh no, what it's the name of her podcast.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe he took something personally from the podcast.
Speaker 3: Maybe here with the theory he wanted to meet you with that one check out Morgan's podcast Take This Personally. We care about you. You're gonna be fine. It sucks right now, and that's okay, and it should suck right now.
Speaker 7: Are you back on Hunge a weekend like lunch fun?
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all, that's it for me this weekend. Thanks for hanging out with me and letting me exist and survive right now while also enjoying the best bits that really helps me get through this time. And also, if you will, go check out Take This Personally, my new podcast. I really have been enjoying doing that, especially in such a weird moment of my life. But it's helped other people feel less alone, and it's also helping me deal with these new hardships that I didn't see coming. So check it out and come follow me out web girl Morgan on all the thing, but also follow the show at Bobby Bone Show and you can get lots of new content there, even stuff we haven't talked about here or even on the big show. Just good stuff everywhere. All right, y'all, have a great weekend. Bye.
Speaker 22: That's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 13: Bobby Bomb Show and follow at
Speaker 22: Web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.