Speaker 1: Now, the Shotgun Starting Golf is full of mathematics. There's a lot of setup work that we have to do in order to make a tournament work. So I'm going to demonstrate to you just exactly how we do a shotgun start.
Speaker 2: Here and where are we? Alright?
Speaker 1: Alright? Alright? Did no man? Darn your.
Speaker 2: Greetings and welcome to a Wednesday edition of The Shotgun Start. It is January twenty second. Andy, how are we doing, Brendan, I'm.
Speaker 1: Doing okay, long long start to the week, and I'm going down to the belly of the beast tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh you are, You're throwing yourself in there, going to do some field research, learn about some products.
Speaker 1: I'm really I'm going down to explore the moto, the motorcycle push cart.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got a little segment later and do a little quiz for you. But that you're going to Andy's going to the PGA show. You've been. This may be a quick one. This is you know, that's our usual refrain ends up being an hour twenty minutes, but this might be a short one. And he's been. What are you driving up to northern Michigan doing dope podcasts? You're driving back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been it's been a long couple of days.
Speaker 2: You're flying out tomorrow morning. My wife just delayed us by an hour, reading me the Riot Act while the baby was screaming. So it's later than we expected. Might be a quick one.
Speaker 1: Could be a long one though, you never know, could be a long one.
Speaker 2: Let's stop the filibuster and then so wait, wait, what do you anticipating when you walk off the plane. What are you excited? Are you not excited or kind of TV?
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see some uh some friend. Okay, you know from from around the industry. It's always nice.
Speaker 2: The HJ glove, the purveyor of the HJ Glove. Is he now a friend or she now a friend?
Speaker 1: Well? I might be able to drum up some sponsor interests from.
Speaker 2: How about that if they were a podcast sponsor, just like, hey, i'll tell you what, we could give you some bang, you know, some amazing reads that people would enjoy.
Speaker 1: So you know, I'm excited for that. You know, there are some aspects of the PGA show that that don't really speak to my soul as a as a person. But all right, that you got everything, you take the good with the bad. Lots of good people, lots of very questionable people. People questionable just you know, just general things.
Speaker 2: Why didn't they have a ce T machine on the range of demo day to day? That's my issue.
Speaker 1: Were you locked in from live from dem day?
Speaker 2: No? No, I was not. Actually I thought it didn't seem like we saw much coming out of there today. As far as I know, I didn't see much, but I was. I'm you know, I'm still on leave technically with my actual day job, so trying to actually help around the house. Didn't see much. But like do you don't these things just have to be nuclear And they get these like schlubs that show up on the range like, oh my god, this is the club that's going to change everything. I just hit it three and twenty yards. That thing might be hot as hell. They need a see tea machine.
Speaker 1: Do you think I should go under undercover visit some booth.
Speaker 2: Like fake glasses with mustache, ask some tough questions from the at the OEM S. Yeah, well, how much did this installation costs? Yeah, you know, go to the phy.
Speaker 1: Tell me something about c T readings, you know, would you say these are in the orange zone, the green zone or the Red Zone.
Speaker 2: Oh god, the PGA Show. It's just its own subculture of content, maybe unintentional content. From my perspective.
Speaker 1: It's my first of back to back weeks at the Orlando Convention Center.
Speaker 2: So what's the other one? Are you allowed to disclose?
Speaker 1: The Golf the Superintendent Shows show?
Speaker 2: Are you going back on for that? Okay? That actually sounds like I could extract a few nuggets of exciting their intriguing information from something. You know.
Speaker 1: I saw some guys getting some grass seed ready, you know, packaged up for the G I. S Show, and I was looking at it. I'm like, I need to talk to this fellow, right. I think I need to install some fine fescue in my shade areas. I need a grass that really really embraces the shade. I think I'm going to get a lot out of my you know, own personal home home improvement going there for play, you know, personal and work, right, Yeah, dual purpose. I'm extraordinarily interested in the G I.
Speaker 2: S Show. So they just display grass seeds or you don't know, we've never been.
Speaker 1: I've never been, so I'll report back.
Speaker 2: I would love to do that. I would love I may go down to that late change of plans. Honey, I'm out of here. All right. Let's get to the schedule for the week. The schedule, schedule, all right, so immediately wait, just while we're on the PGA show. If you guys, maybe last year one of the you guys loved when we did like the most needless things or the oddest things. We so like, we don't want to bang on guys that are trying to make inventive devices or whatever the hell they are.
Speaker 1: But like people banging on our podcast, we don't like go.
Speaker 2: Ahead whatever I mean, thick skin. But like, if you see something that's like just looks extra goofy or amusing or even maybe will be the thing that changes golf forever, send it to us, flag it to it for us. Maybe we'll do something. I'll be combing through stuff. I'll be looking out. But maybe we'll do something on Friday because people love that last year. Yeah, maybe we won't, though we might we might not. No, no guarantees.
Speaker 1: Right now, I'll snap some pictures. Tomorrow I'll do a whole lap and document.
Speaker 2: All right, So schedule for the schedule for the week and the instant event we have the Bahamas great Abaco Classic at Baja mar finishing Wednesday afternoon on Golf Channel. Leading. There is Jared wolf at fifteen under. I don't know much about the wolf Man, do you?
Speaker 1: Uh? Not a ton? I know he's bounced around for a while.
Speaker 2: You know, Brandon Harkins once shot out the lead. We've got, you know, just a lot of guys in contention, Chip McDaniel, Curtis Thompson, Nick Carty, you're a line buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of cool. You know. Last year last week he shot eighty four in his first round at UH Well, I saw and uh and then shot shot seventy eighty four to seventy four. This week he's in third.
Speaker 2: What's his status?
Speaker 1: He's full status, full status. Yeah, he did. He played well in Q school, Okay. I he's got he's got real game. Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised to have to see him lock up a card early, okay. Very very consistent, steady player, great ball striker.
Speaker 2: McDaniel bombed out early last week too, If I'm not mistaken, I think he had a score two in the eighty near near DFL. If I'm not mistaken, but he's been he's T three so it would be amazing stories. God, you want a little on Jared Wolf, Yeah, give it to me, all right. So he's a centrist hanging with family washing.
Speaker 1: He's thirty one years old. He went to Burray State. He's a racer, the Racers John Morant.
Speaker 2: Maybe he'll be the second most famous current athlete alone Ja Morant. Jared Wolf.
Speaker 1: He's he's six'. Four oh, okay says if he if he weren't a professional, golfer he'd be in law. Enforcement all, right tough? Guy MAY i? Mean?
Speaker 2: SURE i guess? That says that Sure sure.
Speaker 1: Carries peanut butter and peanut butter sandwiches and nutrition bars and is in his golf bag for. Snacks that sounds pretty status. Quo he likes pizza and everything is wife cooks.
Speaker 2: Pizza exotic. Days Oh i'm looking at the same section you are right. NOW i just found. That oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh says he started playing golf because he couldn't jump high enough to play. Basketball it was too slow for others for.
Speaker 2: Us he's got a, real real bucket, list, though an actual bucket, list flying a fighter, jet driving a, supercar and going To australia with his wife that's an actual Bucket that is a bucket.
Speaker 1: List all.
Speaker 2: Right all, Right so now that we've you, know educated you all On Jared wolf if you didn't already Know Murray Day, racers he'll be in the lead starting On wednesday. Afternoon any other insights or thoughts on the web Tour Abboco classic.
Speaker 1: Soak it in because this is the last time you're going to see these guys ON tv for a. While, wait, hey what's going?
Speaker 2: On they're DOING Pga tour live as you as you, know you're the freeloader here with the free. ACCOUNT i kind of liked. That why why haven't we been done this in the, past and why why can't we do this? MORE pga to a line from two web events here at the start of the. Year so you, KNOW i WAS i was minding my own business On sunday Or.
Speaker 1: SATURDAY i can't remember WHAT i was. DOING a little. Work, yeah And i've Got i've got YouTube. Tv highly. Recommend this is not free, ad but.
Speaker 2: But it is a free ad more or.
Speaker 1: Less go ahead in my, Email pops Knows i'm a BIG nba. Fan in my, email just pops, In, hey you, know we know you like THE. Nba you, know did you know that THE NBA NBA tv just uploaded every single game of THE Nba finals for the last twenty years commercial, free on demand on, demand oh for like YouTube. Tv so LIKE i went, IMMEDIATELY i like turn MY tv on AND i, WENT i. WATCHED i watched one of the, game one of The cavs games That lebron lost. Bad you, KNOW i wanted to Remember. STEPH i watched like game seven of the one year, okay or the elimination. Game but BUT i you, KNOW i turned it on and, like it's, unbelievable commercial free. Finals Like i'm just, like this is. Unbelievable and THEN i just like immediately, thought like this IS NBA. Tv this is Like Golf, channel you, know is putting this up? Right obviously THE nba owns, it but like there are people that are paying for a subscription product that doesn't even have something like. This they're paying for it LIKE Pga, TOUR Pga Tour, live like it doesn't have. Archives, yeah how come a kid go watch LIKE i, MISSED i missed this morning's. Action why CAN'T i watch it as a? Subscriber, yeah what do they?
Speaker 2: Have Rewind, no they have like condensed highlights or they have.
Speaker 1: Condemned but, like why CAN'T i just watch?
Speaker 2: It? Yeah that is uh, yeah why why.
Speaker 1: Why isn't there a? Golf why is it there the greatest rounds of the of the of the fifth major.
Speaker 2: There's, well, yeah that should be the. CASE i mean The masters, again just, yes put everything up one year the final rounds, only but, yeah every final round. Ever So i'm all of a sudden watching like nineteen sixty Eight. Masters it's pretty.
Speaker 1: Sweet you know how awesome it would be for somebody that does Flashback friday to be able to watch the final round of.
Speaker 2: Tournaments, well that's a big demo out. There that's a big audience people doing Flashback friday.
Speaker 1: Research but like these this is low hanging. Fruit it's not general to drum up interest in your is.
Speaker 2: Sport it's not hard in the modern, world the modern, AGE i don't. Think but you have all these different right. STEAL i mean what would they have to kind of like would they have to go in and fiddle with the graphics for each?
Speaker 1: One like, no you just cut the commercials out and you just put it.
Speaker 2: Up, No But i'm talking about the. Tournaments change, names The Charles Schwap. Challenge you know they do that like they kind of fiddle with some of those graphics and and old you're.
Speaker 1: Thinking you're saying they would want to get The Clinton foundation off The, yeah the twelve that's your, classic they.
Speaker 2: Would it would be JUST i think it's just too heavy a lift for the interns that go through and do all that non. Stop they have been known to do that occasionally on uh, Oh like they'll they'll share like an archival clip On twitter and they'll for like the for the closed. Captioning they'll they'll take out like web dot com tour and Put Corn Ferry. Tour it's kind of. RIDICULOUS i don't.
Speaker 1: Know All i'm saying is that every other there there are. Ways like it alluded to me the fact that why why isn't this the thing with? Golf why CAN'T i go watch The Ricky Sergio kissner. Players, yeah LIKE i would watch. IT i would watch it before the, players AND i can.
Speaker 2: That should be free and on, Demand like what's the why hold on to?
Speaker 1: That you know that it's it's adding value to your, gate not.
Speaker 2: Free but you know part of some package you already.
Speaker 1: Exists, well they have people paying FOR Pga tour, alive they should be the least get.
Speaker 2: IT i know They, yeah, Yeah i'm not going to disagree with. You all, Right so Web tour or Corn Ferry, TOUR i should say That's wednesday. Afternoon keep an eye out for. That there will BE Pga tour live. Coverage but that's the last ye're going to see the web tour for till. Summer elsewhere on THE Pga, tour we have The Farmers Insurance open At Tory pine's Golf Course north And south courses the first two. Days that would Be Golf Channel Thursday friday three seven Pm. Eastern saturday And sunday early coverage IN cbs making its return For lake coverage On saturday And.
Speaker 1: Sunday REVAMPED CBS cbs. Booth forgot ABOUT dl. THREE i Heard nance's.
Speaker 2: In orlando right now doing vineyard vine. Stuff it's got to get back over there For.
Speaker 1: Saturday do you think do you Think costas is going to be sitting on the couch launching grenades this. Weekend, NO i don't think he's going to launch grenades at his former.
Speaker 2: COLLEAGUES i think he's salt pissed. Off of the. Tour but he's not going to sit there and launch grenades that people worked with for thirty.
Speaker 1: YEARS i don't. Know it seemed like he was he was launching grenades at. Them yeah about what they said about how he was always going to be a part of the.
Speaker 2: Team, OH i guess he. Did, NO i don't think he's going to be critiquing. That but that that could be A twitter account the monitor over the. WEEKEND i might add, it you, know turn on tweet. Notification all, right you want feature groups For Tory. Pines oh, yeah well here here are Notables rory Rom, Tiger Rose, sander Red Woodland, Female Francesco hideki And ricky the insurance boy out there the underwriter and.
Speaker 1: No and also new new new sponsor for a credit card. Company you called.
Speaker 2: This it's kind of. Incredible it was kind of we were about a week ago maybe this Pod wednesday, podcast Like betty's Playing it was LIKE i never call him playing the bob OH I betty got to deal WITH. Mx little do we? Know there he is Posting Instagram sunday night after the tournament's, over HASHTAG amx ambassador always This so this is the end around to appearance, fees, Right like the tour doesn't have appearance, fees but you can sponsor. Player And ricky's entire schedule is basically an. Appearance, no his his are, yeah are the people on his shirt and. Hat so he'll go To detroit for the rocket, Mortgage he'll go To San. Diego he'll do. Well he Did zurich because they were part Of Farmer, like that's how he designed his. Schedule he Did colonial when he was With Crown plaza and they were doing like it's kind of a it's an end, around you, know maybe a more expensive end, around depends on whatever kind of ape endorsement till you. Do but you called IT Mx. Ambassador now THIS i.
Speaker 1: Was when you texted me the screenshot of His instagram On monday. MORNING i, mean some of, these some of these theories THAT i come up with with WHEN i put my tinfoil hat on come.
Speaker 2: True do you think the first major things coming? Back are you convinced that they're one day going to just start branded the first major.
Speaker 1: WELL i you, Know i've got a hunch that we're going to be seeing a, big big rison in the, purse maybe a half. MILLION i think they're gonna they're gonna get that sucker up to two point seventy. Five you, know they people for the is this is this news you may or may not be. Breaking that's Not i'm not breaking any. NEWS i got a.
Speaker 2: Hunch we don't break. News, HUNCH i just Gotta i've got a. Hunch you think the winner could be taken home two points in excess of two point seven million dollars at the.
Speaker 1: Players if at first you, fail keep, trying you, know just throw more money at, it and eventually somebody's gonna say it's a major champions the first.
Speaker 2: Major what two.
Speaker 1: Point seven five. Mil you Know Tommy ganey made one hundred and eight thousand last.
Speaker 2: Week well you would say you shouldn't have made. Anything that's.
Speaker 1: True that's a good.
Speaker 2: Point what are those what are the web persons? Against six something six six hundred? Six so this the players almost got that alone in one year increment a bump from last. Year almost that just for the, winner just, OH i, know just for the, winner just for the the winner's first pushing pushing three. Million it's kind of. Incredible uh, Well i'll look out for. That see if that hunch comes to. Fruition all, right back To Tory. Pines featured groups we have On. Thursday let me find it, Here roy, McElroy Cam, Smith Brandt, Snedeker Tiger, Woods colin marcou And John. Rown pretty good. Groups let's start at twelve thirty. Twelve four great. Groups, yeah a lot of good players. There, Friday Phil Ricky, Xander ricky tur live up and running one for one this year they're two for. Two he was on last week and Then fan Of, friday our First fan Of friday of the.
Speaker 1: Year this is pretty. Exciting this is. Exciting Sum i've missed Fanva, friday.
Speaker 2: The first Fan Vote friday of the. Year group, one Rose Day speed probably gonna. Win group.
Speaker 1: Two why? Why why is that gonna? Win you? Guys they got forty fifth and forty six ranked player in the. World the guys might not be in THE WGCs.
Speaker 2: Speed yeah, yeah all, right So Rose Day speed likely winner's second Group.
Speaker 1: Kjoy what is that's really the best they could come? Up he doesn't even have a, card he doesn't have full. Status OH i was waiting for.
Speaker 2: That kJ, Choy Bubba watson And Gary. Woodland so it gets a little, stronger But i'm not sure what.
Speaker 1: What's kjoy doing in that?
Speaker 2: GROUP i don't think they're gonna win the, vote THOUGH.
Speaker 1: I Love. KJOY i know you do the hammer.
Speaker 2: Drill isn't he the hammer? Drill?
Speaker 1: Yeah The?
Speaker 2: Godfather, OKAY i don't think they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Win he's the, reason you, know H South korean golf is at all time. High.
Speaker 2: Yeah and then group, Three option three Is, Duffner Max homa And Hedeki. Matsiama So i'm just gonna go out a limb and say Rose day and, Speak, well.
Speaker 1: They're at it.
Speaker 2: Again you think there's stack in the? Ballot, yes are we gonna have to pick off another? Campaign AND i don't.
Speaker 1: KNOW i don't know IF i want to do.
Speaker 2: IT i don't know IF i do. EITHER i know the payoff was That master's. Party you talked about, That but, yeah it might be just a one time.
Speaker 1: Thing it might be worth it. Though so like here's they Put molinari like you could have put if they just Put molinari in that uh and that slot FOR, kJ you'd have somebody that a group that you could reasonably, say, Right molinari's played With trainer And. Atlanta what this guy's like a top twenty player in the.
Speaker 2: World, yeah that's. Bizarre. Huh, Well atlanta has been number one in the world for much of this. Season that's. Interesting so that's your fan About, friday your featured, groups you have Any Farmers insurance open, Thoughts we can talk more On. Friday But Tiger Tiger big.
Speaker 1: Start, yeah and we're gonna see a lot Of they've made some changes to the golf course shackle, First, yeah shackle Shackle, first been all over. IT i haven't really paid that much. Attention They they made some changes to, four the hole that plays along the, ocean added some short grass. Runoff you. Know one of my favorite things With shackleford on his instagram did like a whole rundown of the fourth changes and, yes and he says does not come with like aesthetically pleasing. Funkers anybody said asthetically pleasing funkers sold? Separately are these changes more likely than not for THE Us open coming? DOWN i don't they Paid. Resport they paid him fourteen million to do a bunch of, Nothing so.
Speaker 2: Change the sprinkler. Heads do you like this? Event it's really it's it's got a lot of. Sizzle great.
Speaker 1: FIELD i like the, time the time is or.
Speaker 2: Whatever they are hanging gliders time it's.
Speaker 1: On, yeah it's a good it's a it's a it's a, strong, strong REGULAR Pga tour.
Speaker 2: Event IS jb in the? Field he's gotta Be, yeah he's definitely in the. Field are The grammys This? Sunday that's the more it's more. PERTINENT i think they've moved it back to try and avoid that avoid that run run in. AGAIN i don't see when they, Are.
Speaker 1: YEAH i don't, know but The, yeah this is a good.
Speaker 2: Event they are This, Sunday Grammys january twenty.
Speaker 1: Sixth and, uh we got A Us open coming up at Toy so there's THE Us. Open it's a hard golf, course like you're gonna, see it's it's not it's a lot different than last.
Speaker 2: Week and you know in the sense of like it's it's. Difficult, yeah hard, Golf, yeah. Hard not not a birdie. Fest it's never a birdie.
Speaker 1: Fest, Yeah so it'll it'll, be it'll. Be it'll be fun to. Watch i'm excited to See tiger given what we saw at the end of last.
Speaker 2: Year all, right let's do it, well let's finish up the. Schedule for the, week Then i'll do a Quick tiger. Thing elsewhere On europe we have The Omega dubai De Dubai Desert, classic one of the crown jewels of the of The European Tour Mid East. Swing it's been there. Forever you're gonna get the pictures of How dubai's. Changed right golf course with nothing around. It everybody's gonna do that for the engagement early in the, week so that is late night three point thirty to eight am on the weekend eleven pm to four am Starting wednesday. Night so headlining the field we Have bryson Defending, Champ Tommy, Fleetwood, Lowry, Sergio Louis, Stenson Westy, poulter Miguel on Hal jimenez made notables And. Hovelin, hey let me let me ask you a. Question, yeah go for.
Speaker 1: It on a scale of one to, ten fantastic Was Westy's monday morning.
Speaker 2: Tweet ten. Ten, right it's just it's, basic, sick it's. Simple it's not trying to say too. Much his face looks like it was a punching, bag like you, know got in a car, accident and there's no fucking pretense about. It, right there's just no. Pretense and this gets back to a little bit of My monday you know WHEN i was wandering off topic about. It just approach to. Life these so many of these guys have agents that like or they're just very image. Conscious they don't want to be seen in any kind of. Light that's not the prim and proper one on the golf course with all the brands, folded appearing nicely on their Shirt westy no. PRETENSE i looked, like, shit this is not going to be attractive picture HERE i. Am you, know the anti. Influencer anti influencing might being. Authentic so uh, yeah it was a, great great. Picture chances he could uh just he could go back to.
Speaker 1: BACK i mean he was A monday afternoon. Grinding he went in a range session With Bob.
Speaker 2: Rock really.
Speaker 1: Yeah he posted about. It he said he was wearing. Shades he SAID i had to have the shades.
Speaker 2: On hey did you Hear Brooks he's In dubai but not, Playing he's just. PARTYING i did hear? That your old, contributor What's? Phil, yeah he's In, dubai.
Speaker 1: Our, source our source man on the. Inside HE i think he's out.
Speaker 2: There he's Like. Brooks he's in, town but he's not. Playing he's just partying and hanging out In. DUBAI i guess he's got The saudi event coming. Up so why?
Speaker 1: Why why father flying? Back he's. Enjoying do you Think jana will of?
Speaker 2: Them, No jenna's probably got some weddings to go to and he just went to The Middle east for a month to get out of get out of. Dodge all, Right so that's that's, overnight you might. GET i love that. EVENT i don't. KNOW i can't articulate exactly, why but it JUST i have fond memories of watching it late at, night watching it crack of. Dawn it's just become sort of a tradition here In january for whatever, reason you.
Speaker 1: KNOW i think it's, UH i think it's because of it's the winner and it's on at.
Speaker 2: NIGHT i, Mean tiger obviously brought a lot of cachet to it there for several. Years, yeah And rory was. Winning you, know it's a favorite stop of his or was so.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 2: Right elsewhere in the SCHEDULE Lpga, tour we have the Game BRIDGE lpga At Boca, rio a new event as far AS i, Know Boca Ria Golf club And boca ratone that'll be on like mid morning around Lunchtime Thursday, friday and then uh.
Speaker 1: First full field huh, dreaming so they're only streaming it looks Like Saturday sunday first full field.
Speaker 2: Event last week was a tournament of champions and a celebrity giggle fest on the. Side any thoughts on This Boca. RIO i feel like there's a lot Of boca a lot of, events isn't there A Senior tour event might.
Speaker 1: Be at the same. Place could be IT'S. Bca boca's you, know. Happening, vibrant Vibrant South florida. Town.
Speaker 2: Yeah so Notables, Nelly Danielle, Kane Nasa hadeoka say you And, kim the, Usuals Brooke, Henderson Lexi AREA. Nb last week's, Winner Gabby, lopez give her. Props she. Won how many more did they? PLAY i think two more On monday morning before she won with a.
Speaker 1: Birdie so, yeah seventh? Playoffful, yeah all, right so that's just keep playing the part? Three.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh, yeah it looked not particularly warm and they're just, YEAH i, MEAN i think she actually hit it outside Of hotteoka on the winner and And hadeoka did a terribly yippie putt and H Gabie lopez made. Hers all, right that's our. Schedule we have The Farmers Omega dubai And Lpga tour At Boca. Rio there's also the The Red Sea Ain Sokna classic if you want. To you, know it's got ow G r points as. Well all, right let's get To. Tiger tiger's debut for the, year not his debut for the. Season he's already got a. Win, Uh he's putting New woods New woods in the. Bag sounds sounds like he's he didn't pick up a club. ONCE i guess played once on a birthday with his, son which is a nice. Tradition he hasn't played since The President's. Cup he's kind OF i really like, that you, know he didn't do all. This pretty much the opposite For, bryson like not calibrated or whatever the fuck term you want to, use just hasn't been testing for the last two. Months he got there To San diego and he's, like all, right these are new Sim. Woods i'll test him on the. Range IF i, like maybe he'll stay in the. Bag if they're, Not i'll go to the Old faithful's what he. Said it's kind of. Ridiculous he's got to change out his woods the way he's. PLAYING i guess he doesn't have, to but like you, know it has to. Tinker, no, well don't sign a Contract. Brooks brooks doesn't have to change out his. Woods i'm not saying anything about the new. PRODUCT i DON'T i don't know anything about. That but just like he's, playing, well why does he got to do all this shit In? January right? Now it's a.
Speaker 1: Sign to everybody you don't have to change out your woods every. Year nothing really change except for A tennessee t point bumps.
Speaker 2: Or you're gonna hear this ope at THE pga show. Tomorrow you should go around saying you should go around with those counter arguments you really don't have to change your woods out every. Year see how they take to.
Speaker 1: That i'll just show him my bag with a bunch of twenty fifteen woods and the twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: Irons my irons are like two thousand and. FOUR i. Think all, Right So, TIGER i, guess, like do you think he wins this? WEEK i don't think he's gonna. Win, yeah here's my. Thing so you did this press conference. TODAY i would just like for us to Enjoy Tiger woods playing golf context, free like without the context of fucking numbers like this pisces me, Off like, Everybody, yeah like when you are do you think you can Be?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 2: Like can we stop with? That like it's just that was one of the things that was so great about The President's cup was because like he was playing golf and we have to hear about the like these, numbers and that everything had to be framed within the context of what does it add to his resume and how much closer does it get bring him to, this that and the, other and that was all his first event of the. Year it's, like what do you think you're gonna do this? Year do you think you can get eighty? Three do you think you can Beat? Jack are you gonna like are you gonna make the.
Speaker 1: Only question is, that, like, NO i don't THINK i can win a golf tournament this, Year Like i'm the greatest player of all, TIME i don't THINK i. Could like what if you just SAID i don't THINK i could get to eighty? Three, well then what's the follow up? Question then they asked him this.
Speaker 2: Week, too it's, like can you envision it this? Week can you envision it at? All it's just, like why don't we just watch them? Play why don't we ask, him LIKE i don't, know ask him just ask about his his game or.
Speaker 1: How is your what what did you do For New Year's have you had a Cosmic Chris?
Speaker 2: Bapple a Cosmic? CHRIS i just, like it was just odd that so many of the questions are like, That and, uh it would be nice to just enjoy watching play golf without having to always think about it in the frame of what it means for the. Numbers that THAT'S i would just like to do away with that this, season but we probably. Won't speaking of projections, predictions which we don't really care to do. Here so to take this all with a giant pile of, sault what's the best case For tiger this?
Speaker 1: Year three wins.
Speaker 2: Any kind of, WIN i Mean World.
Speaker 1: Challenge SO i THINK i think he's his game sets up well for two of four. Majors, now what's That open And?
Speaker 2: Masters?
Speaker 1: Open? Masters THE pga is kind of a wild. CARD i think he could play well At Harding. PARK i think he could play well at Wing foot, too because it's not overly, long but it BUT i, think you, know it sets up really well for two. Majors AND i just think the best case scenario is he's making fifteen, starts he wins three. Times, YEAH i just THINK i don't think his fastball is his is as.
Speaker 2: Often.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah his great stuff is still, great but it's not it's not what it was where it, was you, know his his it used to be his good stuff was better than everybody's great. Stuff and now his great stuff is on par with the best players in the world's great.
Speaker 2: Stuff That zozo was like not even. Competitive it was kind OF i, mean he dusted the field almost And President's cup he was best player on the. Team it's just it's just like he's gonna probably they'll come in spurts like, that, RIGHT i, mean and then he was not competitive for the wrong reasons For, June july And august last. YEAR i, mean.
Speaker 1: He's, won he's won three of his last eighteen.
Speaker 2: Events, yeah that's kind of, crazy that's.
Speaker 1: Nuts and uh so that's that's.
Speaker 2: Good what's your worst case he gets? Hurt, YEAH i, mean isn't that Always, yeah it's kind of always the standing worst case what's the most likely.
Speaker 1: Case what did we set the over under.
Speaker 2: AT i don't, know that's a good. Question Sammy bananas has the.
Speaker 1: CHART i think we did one and a. HALF i THINK i THINK i think that that's. REALISTIC i think he wins at least one. Time, okay he's just he's the thing that always is going to stick. Around and what WE i talked about a little bit With phil how he's basically sabotaged himself by not giving him a chance to hit, irons because that's you, know he's one of the greatest iron players of all. Time tiger is the greatest iron player of all. Time and if, anything people give him flax sometimes now when he plays to strength and he lays back so he gets an iron in and he's people are, like why didn't play more? Aggressive but like he knows he's a great iron. Player and the way he plays golf is to maxifize how many opportunities he's going to have to hit irons into greens because that's where he's. Better that he's still better than everybody else and hitting. Irons so when you think about, it that that's the most important skill in golf is approach. Shots and he's the best of the world at that.
Speaker 2: Right, Right, UH i was gonna, say, yeah WHATEVER i.
Speaker 1: Want you, Know Jordan speth used to be the best in the world at.
Speaker 2: That, YEAH i would, say, yeah speed, Less but then With, tigers it's impossible to. Know it's this is like talking about intangible and something that's you can never, ascertain but like it feels like like it's an obvious. Statement but winning The masters like mattered a, lot not just for like what had happened in the, past but going. Forward AND i feel like the self doubt that probably is crippling or Consuming jordan speech right now is gone For tiger quite a. BIT i don't, like of, course like his body can quit on. Him and this is, whatever this is like, cliche BUT i Think tiger feels like he's closer to a twenty thirteen to five win self than you, know twenty eighteen just trying to see if you can still compete on THE Pga tour and winning at the season, Ends LIKE i really think like that matters, too right, That but At sportstock radio talking about the mental approach, Bullshit but, LIKE i really do think he's kind of feeling himself and it showed all through the.
Speaker 1: Fall are you suggesting he has? Momentum?
Speaker 2: OH i think he's just feeling good about his.
Speaker 1: KID i just wanted to. ASK i wanted to make sure that all, right you were you weren't suggesting it would be something like.
Speaker 2: Momentum all, right let's get news real. Quick speaking Of. Tiger, wait we gotta let's make our one and done. Picks you have a one and?
Speaker 1: Done, yeah you go. First.
Speaker 2: Gary woodland always plays well At. Farmers it's kind of maybe a big gun to use early in the. SEASON i don't. KNOW i think you use a big gun. HERE i, KNOW i know it's a big. PURSE i think it's like a seven and a half? Something are there over? Seven?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah woodland always plays well here AND i need picking. Up who do you?
Speaker 1: Like so OGIL v always SAYS us open, COURSES us opens are about. Chipping, Okay SO i you, know this is an interesting thing to look at when you think about The. Farmers, Obviously tiger's won here a million, times great great tripper of the golf, ball one of the best. Ever but then you Think steediker's won here, twice one of the best chippers in the, World Jason daves won here twice in the last five, years one of the best chippers in the, world SO i, think you, know And rom's pretty good around the greens, also he won. Recently So i'm looking, at you, know really good chipper and someone, underrated great long player which he's going to be able to deal with the length and great chipper around the. Green tony few.
Speaker 2: Good uh good Pick i'll get you probably get your top. TEN i don't know If i'll get your, win BUT i was.
Speaker 1: LOOKING i was looking At hedeki, too and Then Adam scott's been chipping the ball really, well played well here last year, Too so there are a couple other GUYS i was looking.
Speaker 2: At all, right so one and, Done Gary, Woodland tony those are two big guns to. Use, okay you have an event of the. Week by the, Way, OH i almost forgot about. It. Event we can want to push it A. Friday we can do A. Friday you might need to go dumpster.
Speaker 1: Diving, Yeah i'm not ready to give demo.
Speaker 2: Day did that get event of the?
Speaker 1: Week it could be could.
Speaker 2: Be all, right let's let's push it A.
Speaker 1: Friday i'll bring some good Good event of the Week. Friday, okay, news you guys could submit what the event of the week can. Be it should be.
Speaker 2: That News World Golf hall Of fame changes Its oh, god.
Speaker 1: Come, ON.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to see how you. REACT i, mean this is just a it's just an informal club at this. Point moving it down to forty five probably For tiger of The eligible next. Year no one, cares, Right.
Speaker 1: Why why why do you need to induct guys when they're still playing? Actively what's the point of? That think about. It if they were inducting players to The Baseball hall Of fame while they're still, active and they and they put bonds in there before the whole stair the right thing came.
Speaker 2: Out they're eliminating the veterans category as well.
Speaker 1: And DOING Jj henry's getting in.
Speaker 2: Lifetime they're doing something for lifetime, achievement which will be a contributor. RECOGNITION i don't. Know so it's either forty five or three years after you quit or you're. Done so.
Speaker 1: Doude think you know what today? Was today was the First joey D Q school contest on The Minor League.
Speaker 2: Tour you're looking up event of the week. NOMINEES i can tell you're doing.
Speaker 1: Research listen to. This listen to this till Till emeyer shoots sixty, six Dj dfunk shoots sixty six to beat Son Y. Abacoa, wow isn't he AN mL minor league? Legend this is number number one all time. Moneyless that Was Sonny Kim SONNY Ebicoa. KIM i don't think he probably even knows what kind of legend he just took.
Speaker 2: Down Sonny, abacoa The stevie fountains And Sunny. Abacoa all, right other, news are you you done with minor? LEAGUES i think that's event of the. WEEK i don't think anything's gonna top. That what is? It The joey d SO Q school?
Speaker 1: Contests? One, oh this might Be, oh this is a two day, event so tomorrow is the last. Day, okay so two days and then whoever wins gets five thousand TOWARDS Q. School, Okay so like it could Be Latin AMERICAN Q, school But Kenzie TOUR Q school or Corn FAERY Q, school, okay or Euro TOUR Q school Or Challenge TOUR Q.
Speaker 2: School, gotcha that's, right that's kind of a COOL i don't.
Speaker 1: Know perk brought to you By JOEY.
Speaker 2: D JOEY d h we got a tip about him.
Speaker 1: Recently he's hiring, somebody right.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah it's. Fine it's tons of job. SPORT i don't, Know Dylan, misco it's And JOE. D i'm looking to hire People Cafe. Altura we don't need to add to our own fucking ad read for that. Place but, Yeah Joe d's hiring, somebody that's, right. Okay other news more importantly than The World Golf hall Of, fame and this comes Via thomas. McCartney there's A Pga tour spot up in The Bermuda Championship bermuda event for the winner of A part three, contest no an. Exception this is From thomas McCartney's in The Royal. Gazette NOW i should. Clarify it's like a Legit part three, event you know The goslings Like dark And Stormy World par Three championship at The Turtle, hill which is like a Notable part three course In. Bermuda but the winner of This part three championship gets an exemption into A Pga tour.
Speaker 1: EVENT i mean anybody could win.
Speaker 2: That what was the weren't you up In stony.
Speaker 1: For State Golf Association par three.
Speaker 2: Champions the winner like a seven handicap or.
Speaker 1: Something the year, before like a five handicap who never qualified for The State am and was like fifty six years old.
Speaker 2: One SO i, think like it seems like this is an official event with a, sponsor and, like, NO i don't know, professionals whether they're you, know club pros or whoever are playing in. It but, like how about, that this is a great. Tip you win this part three contest and you're in the field of a REAL Pga tour. EVENT i, MEAN i don't know if you should call it a REAL Pga tour.
Speaker 1: Event that's the other.
Speaker 2: Thing it might be better use of an exemption than Like Guy borros or somebody like, that, RIGHT.
Speaker 1: I think anybody you could go go down to your local club and find a better exemption Than Guy.
Speaker 2: Boros don't be.
Speaker 1: Mean i'm not hurting, Mean i'm just being. Realistic.
Speaker 2: Okay uh that's. It that's ALL i got for. News nothing? Else CAN i CAN i do a little fun segment on a THING i saw from THE pga show. TODAY i want to do a little. Quiz this is this is pure UNFILTERED Pga show content AND i Make i'm making no judgment on the content, itself but more about what THE Pga show ends up. Promoting this is an Article Golf. Digest five motorized club transport options that are way more fun than carrying your. Bag you want to hear Some some of these are showing around The Finns. Cycle it's the fun of riding a dirt, bike but has build to hold your golf. Clubs all, right how much would you guess these? Costs twenty five thirty? Seven it was pretty. Close then there's The tempa walk by club car. Notable we're doing free ads, here but not in the way they probably want us. To club car. Notable golf cart. Maker you clip a small sensor to your shorts at your lower, back and a motorized bag carrier will follow you around as you.
Speaker 1: Walk does it follow you onto the green and into? Bunker, no it, said looks like it has three. Wheels you just clip.
Speaker 2: IT i it's like it's like a poll cart or push, car but you don't have to touch. IT i guess what would you guess this thing? Costs tempo walk by club Car.
Speaker 1: It includes the cart, too, Right.
Speaker 2: No it's just it's just this fucking robot that follows you or. Something but five. Grand that's four. Grand the golf, board which we're all familiar. With did you know how much this?
Speaker 1: Costs seventy five hundred?
Speaker 2: Bucks sixty five hundred dollars for?
Speaker 1: Golf i'm a thousand dollars off every, time.
Speaker 2: And then last another two. More the fat SCOOTER Pht who's? Brand who's coming? On who's putting all this time.
Speaker 1: Into making fat with a? pH?
Speaker 2: Yeah call it fat. Scooter it's got these big. Wheels the front and rear wheel suspension creates a smooth. Ride there are fifteen different color options and attachments that you can. Add one turns your scooter into a beverage.
Speaker 1: Cart is this even a golf? Thing could you use? That could your kid use that as a lemonade stand and drive around the?
Speaker 2: Neighborhood think about. That high school parties making a beverage. Cart steal, it take it the parents', garage go down the. Street that's. Amazing the fat scooter that runs for thirty seven thirty and last but not, least the golf trike trick T R i KK. E you've probably seen law enforcement. OFFICIALS i wonder If Jared, wolf which as you could be on. This you've probably seen law enforcement officials on vehicles like. This this this one has the ability to attach your golf bagh and a governor to keep you from going more than fifteen miles an.
Speaker 1: Hour governor's pretty.
Speaker 2: Weak it's like a segue and you put your golf your golf bag in between your. Crotch, apparently which.
Speaker 1: One of my buddies in college bought a. Segue, yeah he brought it into cams the first day he owned, it like an iconic bar just, closed just recently CLOSE. Alrp, yeah he broke it the night he got.
Speaker 2: It did they give him some money?
Speaker 1: Back?
Speaker 2: No golf trike runs for six, grand SO i guess just my question, is, LIKE i KNOW pga show is where this stuff comes out to, play but who's Spended you, know golf spent around hundreds of. Years and you either get a caddy or you can, walk or you can carry your, bag you can push, cart or you can get a golf. Cart like there's like age old ways to get, Around like we don't need six thousand, dollars you, know luxury type inventions to get around a golf. Course it's you walk or you're. Right that's. It there's some accessories about how do you do? That but you walk or you? Right AND i just, like what's the market for these? Things what's the market for a sixty five hundred dollars golf or a four thousand dollars fat scooter that can become a beverage. Cart And i'm looking forward to hearing you're on the ground analysis of this this.
Speaker 1: Week you, know it's to each their. Own you just were talking about enjoying golf for yourself last, episode and now you're making fun of people that might want to be fat with a. pH i'm not making fun of.
Speaker 2: Anybody i'm just trying to, understand like why these things had to come into existence and what the market is for. Them but it seems like golf's been fine with how you get around the course for many many.
Speaker 1: Years, hey if people pay for, it who's the?
Speaker 2: Idiot but are people paying for? IT i guess this is the second only time will tell there you, go all, right that's. It that does it for This wednesday. Show you have anything else you need to contribute or want to?
Speaker 1: SAY i got nothing? Else all? Right it's been a good couple couple. Hours i'm ready to go down into What so we got the? Swamp you know It's.
Speaker 2: Jupiter, yeah what's?
Speaker 1: Uh What? Will What's What's? Orlando what part of.
Speaker 2: Maybe like the theme, park the the something like. That it's, yeah i spent a lot of time In orlando last. Year i've gotten to.
Speaker 1: Know any, recommendations you, Know.
Speaker 2: NO i don't have any, recommendations nothing but enjoy your time down. There two weeks in a, row. Fantastic are you going the next? WEEK i don't Think i'm going there Till. February all, right enjoy Your. Wednesdays we will check in with You. Friday send us any FUN pga show. Stuff Enjoy tiger's first round