Speaker 1: Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and.
Speaker 1: The official Dallas Cowboys apt now here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Well, there will be no stampede feed Monday morning, is it right?
Speaker 2: And we have a reverse stampede.
Speaker 3: We saw it last night, I think did well, this is a Monday morning, it's actually Monday afternoon. See, we've already turned the clock over the next week. Time to talk about those Los Angeles Chargers.
Speaker 4: Boy, if we could just do that, that would be great, right man, But we can't just go straight to the future.
Speaker 3: The old cliche is back to the drawing board. And I think that's basically what Mike McCarthy said after the game last night. They're going back to the drawing board on Wednesday with a long week, and then they'll turn their attention towards the Chargers. But we welcome all of you to make sure on this Monday.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear anything about a drawing board after the game. I heard a gut punch and ass kicking.
Speaker 4: Well we saw that, Yeah, we saw that. Yeah, we felt it too, Yes.
Speaker 3: Yep, And we're here to dissect it all for you. Absolutely. Okay, makey what time did y'all get in? What the charter?
Speaker 2: I think we pulled into the parking spot on the charter about three fifty maybe, Okay, I think my head hit the pillar about four forty.
Speaker 4: Oh so you're in a good mood.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, al was everyone else's night?
Speaker 4: It was bad?
Speaker 3: Yes, it was.
Speaker 4: You know with me, it's hard to watch sports after we have a showing. If it's a good showing and we lose, that's one thing, But something like this, it's just hard to watch because we got so many that are just anti cowboys, that make they have a franchise off of being anti cowboys, and that is not what I want to hit.
Speaker 3: Can I relate it to the best thing that happened to me this weekend, which was a game at the Cotton Bowl. I'm with to your point. Okay, the feeling about when you have a game like the Cowboys had on Sunday night where it's just a complete disaster. Okay, fourth quarter of that Texas OU game on Saturday, I'm texting with a friend and we're going back and forth, and I just said, and Texas took the lead. I said, I want my team to win, but I feel really good about my team regardless of how this thing is, you know, and that's what I get that. I get that that's what you want as a thing because.
Speaker 4: You're playing your number twelve playing against the number three.
Speaker 3: And also it's just you're playing to your your base. Yeah, you're and you're playing to your sort of your potential, and you can see, Okay, we're making progress. We get this thing turned around.
Speaker 2: I felt that way for about ten seconds.
Speaker 3: Lu they were for a long time, aren't you.
Speaker 2: And they came back and took the lead until they blitz the quarterback. I don't know if they knew who was playing this. Daniel's gonna he's not going to throw a pass. He's going to run the ball.
Speaker 4: That's right. You had to screw up weekend.
Speaker 2: He.
Speaker 4: Yelling.
Speaker 2: I'm yelling at my phone watching underneath the plane before it went on, that he's going to run the ball. I don't care if it was third and fifteen, he was going to run then.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you, I guarantee you.
Speaker 5: They were up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Texas fans were thinking that about the Oklahoma quarterback too. It would take off and run and get that well.
Speaker 2: And he's not going to throw it, and then he runs thirty five yards for a touchdown. I'm tell him the defensive coordinator, he's gonna run the ball.
Speaker 4: He can run the ball now, No, that's what he does. That's what he does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want him to throw it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Way to start with, he was.
Speaker 3: All right, enough diversion.
Speaker 2: How about how about not worrying about how you finish a game? How about how you start again?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Man, and how you make adjustments doing the game.
Speaker 2: So tell me this. Right from the start, I had this stat here that's seven games in a row San Francisco took the opening possession and scored points, three touchdowns in a field goal. So why do you defer and give that team the ball so you can be behind right away?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 2: One of the things you wanted to do was get ahead of them and make brock Purty play from behind. Never happened because you gave them the ball to start the game. Now, I was just curious about that.
Speaker 4: Did you ask any about it?
Speaker 2: I don't think it got asked. Now maybe today it will, okay, by people think twice about it.
Speaker 4: Right, you have your big boy pants on. I want to see what I want to be there for you in the press conference. I want to see what goes on.
Speaker 2: So now you're down seven to nothing.
Speaker 4: Now you're down seven nothing and that The running plays that they had they worked throughout the entire.
Speaker 3: Game, especially in the first play of the game. It only went for three yards, but there was a fifteen yard face mask penalty that was.
Speaker 5: To kick off the game too.
Speaker 4: It was like, let's just start out being over aggressive, right, and make a bunch of mistakes.
Speaker 5: Of the penalty.
Speaker 2: The worst part was McCaffrey. Nineteen carries for fifty one yards two point seven a carry.
Speaker 3: I live with that, right, that's what you want.
Speaker 2: Two catches for twenty seven yards. He had a streak of one hundred yard scrimmage games. It was long and they held him in check. But some guy named Masons.
Speaker 4: Yep, there you come.
Speaker 2: Ten carries for sixty nine yards.
Speaker 3: They end up like twenty six of that game on after the game was out of end.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but he's still running, right, one hundred and seventy yards rushing. So in two losses they've given up three hundred and ninety yards rushing.
Speaker 4: But not and most of it not to McCaffrey, no to some other back.
Speaker 2: It says, all of a sudden, they decided, no, we don't need to cover Georgia Kittle. He hasn't scored a touchdown all.
Speaker 6: See, there was no coverage on him throughout the game. He just he was out there.
Speaker 2: He had three catches for three touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had coverage on him, but you had defensive backs that didn't know what the hell they were doing. You could just tell they were out of position not only against the run but also against the past the entire time.
Speaker 3: And maybe one of the reasons they're out of position on the pass is that this McCaffrey got a cat behind them on the scrimmage. McCaffrey, even though he had nineteen carries for fifty one yards, he affected that game. And what the Cowboys had to do defensively to try to contain.
Speaker 2: Him, Yeah, he give it up something else and Deebo Samuel.
Speaker 6: They also found a way to stop Michael Parsons from getting into the pocket.
Speaker 4: Well, that would be the first time they did that. Every time I think Michael plays against them, he seems to have a problem finding the ball they seem to have a very good scheme against him that seems to keep him off balance the entire game.
Speaker 2: How about this, This.
Speaker 4: Was no different than what we saw in the championshipw about this.
Speaker 2: Novel novel idea. They're they're they're running a fullback. How I forgot to print that out?
Speaker 7: Darn it?
Speaker 2: How many Yushiks had snaps around twenty eight? Twenty eight? They're running a full back, but you're playing three safeties, just two linebackers. Very rarely did they have three linebackers on the field with Michael Lanning lining up as a fifth guy on the on the line of image, and they're running right at you.
Speaker 3: By the way, he was unpaced to have forty snaps, but he didn't like the rest of the starters. He wasn't playing in the fourth quarter of I mean.
Speaker 2: It was almost There was a couple of times they're there. They were running a fullback and two tight ends, which is what they do, and the Cowboys never which is.
Speaker 4: What they do. Yeah, so this is what they do. If you look while we acting like we don't know, that's what they look at.
Speaker 3: Uschek his his snaps are he had twenty eight in last night's game. But against Pittsburgh he had forty two snaps. Against the Giants, he had forty two snaps. He had thirty six last week against Arizona. That is what they do on I know. And when I talk about McCaffrey's effect, it's that the threat of the run game, a physical style of play sets up everything that they do.
Speaker 2: I just thought they needed to, you know, make an adjustment that they kept doing the same thing.
Speaker 4: It seemed as if it seemed like almost like a trap block scheme when they would run up the middle because they were coming across, shielding off parsons from getting inside and knifing down, and they were splitting them up the middle the entire time. Anytime they needed a big run, that's the play that they went with. And it seemed like even if there wasn't a big run, it was gonna be three yards, it was gonna be five yards, and they're going downhill, no one's getting stopped, no one's getting met at the line of scrimmage. Thing was it was a gash right, you know, And and they had rest of style. It had them off off battles, so you got your safety is off in there now you've got bail Off in there, You've got uh you know, you've got jay Ron Off in there, and they just seemed extremely first of all, they seemed a little panicky and ineffective. Uh, jay I thought his play last night was some part two penalties if I'm not mistaken. Uh, in the first.
Speaker 3: Half, one clearly lining up off side. It wasn't it was.
Speaker 4: It wasn't yelling at my son. He should have been like, hey man, step back your off side. I mean he was right there.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's just And then the Jonovan Wilson too, and.
Speaker 3: A second how big was the but how big was the curse off side? It was a third down play. It was incomplete ready to get everybody? Do you watching the game? Now there's a flag. There's a flag on that one.
Speaker 2: We all knew it's one thing to be in the neutral zone, right, it was like neutral zone.
Speaker 3: He was lined up in the back round.
Speaker 4: This is not Tober. This is not the rookie named Tober now like we had last year. Remember Toby lined up offside. He's a rookie. We gave him.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, what's j Randy used to do? Gregory used to do that a lot too. If it was offside?
Speaker 4: Nothing, No, no, no, he did.
Speaker 3: In fact, I think it was against San Francisco too, where was like the first series of the game he was lining up off side.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what say if that happened on the other side, what Trent Williams three yards off the line of scream because I could understand you're thinking, okay, I got to get close.
Speaker 3: I think what happened was he he was Garden Kittle and Kittle was lined up and it was a slot. Yes, he was matched up. He was getting close to Kittle physical.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bill, we know what happened, but that this shouldn't have happened. I know exactly why.
Speaker 3: But then okay, Savannah, I'm sorry I interrupted you. Oh my goodness, No, you were making a point, So I.
Speaker 6: Just I mean, it was just really the penalties and then even the Donovan Wilson one is the one that really satisfaction.
Speaker 2: Don't get me started down. Don't get me started on that one.
Speaker 5: It was third downs, so here's to me. And then they went and scored after I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, do we have time to do this before we take the break?
Speaker 3: Six shots.
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 2: Here's here's what happens, Here's what happens? The Cowboys finally get a first down and a second down, first down, and a third first down and they score a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm looking through my locks and when did that? Oh it was over here in the third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you got to live down the last second quarter, second quarter?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: They drive seventy eight yards and eleven plays and score a touchdown. Great pass to Cavante Turpin.
Speaker 4: Past the season, right, They.
Speaker 2: Come back and it's six sixteen left in the half and it's third and four at the San Francisco forty six yard line. Jan Ye Thomas breaks up the pass to McCaffrey. Wilson's coming in to make the hit and incomplete, and then all of a sudden, here comes John Jenkins, the field judge from twenty yards away, not only throwing a flag but throwing his hat too. Right, he called two flags. So there's two flags. One unnecessarily I did not know, unnecessary roughness on Wilson. He basically hit the guy with his shoulder pad to the shoulder pad and then their head. Yeah, okay, And so not only that curse is standing there and he was actually kind of posturing towards Wilson's kind. So the flag is for unnecessary roughness fifteen yards and the hat is for tawny fifteen yards. Well you only get one. So now instead of them punting and you had some momentum going forward, you're fourteen to seven and you got the football. But no, totally different fifteen yards.
Speaker 4: Hey, I may believe that, but it was.
Speaker 2: An opportunity to have a possession to tie the game, which they never had again because they went right down the field and scored. And by the way, on the on the play before that, Purty throws the ball away and they said he was outside the tackle. He was straddling the law line and Gens Territory said, well, you only got to have one foot outside the tackle. It's like that's bs. He wasn't outside the tackle box because they drew the line.
Speaker 4: On the broadcast, I saw Donovan Wilson's uh call was a it was a celebration, not curse, and they will when the guy was down on the ground right and he came up, well, no he was.
Speaker 2: Wilson was trying to break up the past and hit he hit him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I thought there was a celebration thing that they were talking.
Speaker 2: He screwed it up so.
Speaker 6: Bad, but he wasn't taunting.
Speaker 2: They screwed it up so bad they called both of them on Curse. He wasn't even part of the play, and they're trying to figure it out on the broadcast. Well, Curse didn't do that, and and so they they screwed up the announcement. Finally, the play by play, when I looked at it, they got it right that the unnecessary roughness was on Wilson. DeMarcus Lawrence after the game, was still pissed about it. I mean, he was hot when I brought it up, and he was like, why don't they have a guy watching the game in New York? You know they could reverse it. Well, they didn't care.
Speaker 4: I thought that the celebration, I think one time and I think we're talking about the same time where they got him for taunting, right, And I don't think he was trying to taunt him by point that he was trying to get over him, right, because he had knocked him down. He was trying to step over him.
Speaker 3: No, he never was part of the play. Never Curse was standing over him.
Speaker 2: Standing was he was? He wasn't over him, And he went like.
Speaker 4: This yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's did. But yeah he was standing over but he was trying to get by him. He wasn't trying to stand over him.
Speaker 2: He wasn't even yeah, he wasn't even close. But again, okay, so what if you have you get the punt and you have the ball and you just had some momentum driving down the field, scored a touchdown finally, finally, right got a first down. Finally it's the middle of the second quarter.
Speaker 5: I think that was my only hope of the game.
Speaker 2: And then it just went Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, here we come.
Speaker 5: From there.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, they only finished with eight first downs. That matches the fourth fewest in a single game in Cowboy history.
Speaker 3: Remember the last time when they had seven first downs in a game, It was like fifteen sixteen years ago, that that late game at Washington, which was one of the worst performance, maybe the worst performance the Cowboys team has ever.
Speaker 2: Well, this one's pretty close.
Speaker 5: This is up there.
Speaker 7: This might I.
Speaker 2: Finished by saying, I've never been so wrong about a game in my entire life.
Speaker 3: That all right, and we're going to talk more about it when we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott quarterback of the Ella Cowboys.
Speaker 8: They snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll love full first style.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescot's gonna run this ship.
Speaker 2: Shelf run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 5: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 9: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte.
Speaker 12: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed.
Speaker 11: By Monday Morning Swag Brisky and the Smoker.
Speaker 12: Miller Lyte and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sports. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 6: K Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Okay, we continue here on mixed shots and not only would did the Cowboys lose the game handily? But there's big time concerns on the injury front as well as Leyton vander Esh of course left the game with a neck injury. We know his history with that. X ray's negative last night. He's undergoing MRI today. Comante Turpin with a high ankle sprain reportedly.
Speaker 2: And they, I mean he was ruled out, so it had to be of some significance. As a matter of fact, when he left the field, he didn't go to the locker room. He went to the tunnel, which to me he was going towards the X ray room.
Speaker 3: And their speculation is high ankle sprain or the reportedly high ankle sprain which would be four to six weeks. And Goodwin and a shoulder and.
Speaker 2: Jordan Lewis a foot Okay, So at one point Donovan Wilson left the game late, but I'm not sure with a lower leg injury, lower right leg.
Speaker 3: And I didn't hear a report on him.
Speaker 2: Somebody else left with a cramp. Was it Bland?
Speaker 5: That was Bland?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So at one point you were without three cornerbacks. Lewis good one could play corner in a pinch. They had to play Igbinogheny and they right after him first play he was lost. He had to go play in the slot. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Anyway, penalty that negated the play. On that topic, and I know you've got other stuff you want to get to here, but you talk about injuries. I looked it up this morning, and all credit to the forty nine ers what they did in the game and what they I mean, they've got clearly, in my opinion, Eagles may have something to say about it best team in the league. But the other thing that the other thing, the other thing they've got going for them, They have lost zero starters or key reserves to injuries this season. I looked at their injured list. They've got three rookies on their injured list and two second year players who were not key backups for them on the on the injured either on injured reserve or the pup. Nice and uh, I mean, and that's one of the keys to being able to sustain this for the whole for the long haul is keeping guys healthy. And I went through their whole roster, like every single one of them they've played, they they and in last night's game, Aaron Banks, their starting left guard went that left the game. He's got a biceps injury. We'll see the severity of that.
Speaker 2: The guy that threw the punch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh, but they've got John Feliciano came in for him, and he was a fifteen game starter for the Giants last year.
Speaker 2: So look, San Francisco is good. You don't win fifteen, he's good fifteen consecutive regular season games by accident. Right, And basically what I wrote, I said, they're in the league of their own right now.
Speaker 4: Right now, they are true.
Speaker 11: And you know.
Speaker 2: They got some help. So tell me this. On the Pollared fumble, if you're out of bounds any part of your body and the ball is still inbounds, and it hits your foot out of bounds, it's out of bounds. And that's what happened.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it hit his foot.
Speaker 2: It hit a guy laying on the ground to keep it in. But it didn't go out of bounds. It stayed in bounds. But it hit the guy's foot that was laying out of bounds.
Speaker 3: Well, you're saying it hit the guy's foot ever since saying it didn't hit the guy's foot. So what we're looking at is is it because the call on the field was a fumble recovery, is it indisputable evidence that it hit the guy's foot? It was just it was a amazing how that ball.
Speaker 13: Stated it was too much when that happened, hit the other player that kept it in back and hit back.
Speaker 3: Rolling like towards out the mountain, and it just took a left turn back and then the guy lands on the ball and he's basically an inch from the sideline, Okay, it's from the white and then immediately hits the light after.
Speaker 4: I had to laugh at that.
Speaker 3: I had to saw when I saw that said this is not going to.
Speaker 6: Be And they had every single camera angle that they showed for the replay just to your.
Speaker 3: Point, well, what did you guys.
Speaker 4: Did you see? I couldn't.
Speaker 5: I couldn't to be honest, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can see, I can see what you think it.
Speaker 2: I don't think it hit two feet first.
Speaker 3: The second it may have, but they didn't have a clear enough angle to show as many angles as they had. There wasn't a clear enough angle to make it.
Speaker 2: Well, how about the person that was three yards from the ball was what were they looking at?
Speaker 3: Well? And the other thing that they do on that is, if it's close, they will call it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know they will.
Speaker 3: They will make the call of a fumble so that they get the benefit of the reviewer, you know, and they and then they got and then it's a catch twenty two because the call on the field was a fumble. R Now the call on the field wasn't, then they might have been there wouldn't have been indisputable evidence that it didn't. As it turned out, it was academic because two plays later, Jordan Lewis and getting in the in the course of getting run over by McCaffrey as the presence of mind to take the football and Micaffrey's ability to keep his balance worked against him. He didn't hit the ground.
Speaker 2: And landed right.
Speaker 3: That was now what happened? What did happen there? So so the forty nine ers didn't score, But then the Cowboys couldn't get it out of there, and so then they're punting the ball away out of their own end zone. And on the first play they run the reverse fleet flipper to kit O for the touchdown thirty eight yards.
Speaker 4: And what you see is, you know, you really still have a lot of inexperience at our safety position. It's just that's the way it is. That's the way it's going to be. You have guys that don't they really do.
Speaker 2: I think hookers like in his seventh or eighth year.
Speaker 4: I really wasn't talking about Hooker. I was talking about jay Ron and I'm talking about Bell.
Speaker 2: Jay Ron's in his seventh year.
Speaker 4: Well, he he screwed up a lot doing the game. I can't say that much.
Speaker 2: It's not from any experience. Now Bell Bell was laid.
Speaker 4: On, he lost, right, he loved lost a lot doing the game, So I can say that much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was sort of playing linebacker and.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter. But again, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Can I get a two hundred and fifty pounds linebacker out there?
Speaker 3: Well, that's that point if Evander ash is out for any length of time, and hopefully he's not, but that's that's a position that was well, I was working in depth to begin with.
Speaker 2: I was told because I asked that question. I believe it was to Dan Quinn. I said, what happens if one of your starting two linebackers, what's next? And he goes, well, we always have parsons, So I.
Speaker 4: Still think and then you come in with a d line on or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, could put dorn.
Speaker 3: Was that in reference to if you lose him in the course of a game or no, I were talking long.
Speaker 2: Term, I meant, I mean, I meant long term.
Speaker 3: I don't know if his answer was long term or not.
Speaker 2: Well, they don't have any other right right now? They don't, Jefferson.
Speaker 4: And when you I think what I was looking at when you would run with the tight ends and then you come with a full back, you had Bland trying to come in and plug the holes in there sometimes and that wasn't working either. You just had the personnel is self was not made for the door back what they had, Yeah, no doubt about it. I love the I love them. I didn't love it, but the fact that they let them get away get away with a few penalties. I saw Parsons trying to make a loop inside and Williams just grabbed him, bear hugged him. Yeah, yeah, and he just let him go. And did you Parsons, like, did you hear what happened? I did?
Speaker 2: He started complaining to the head referee. I saw that you and he hadn't turned his mic off, so he told Parsons to basically shut up and get back to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was that was easy. That was easy call. I mean he had him and he and as soon as it got he just let him go. Pump return as well. You saw a guy, a runner, a gunner, just being held up to the right side of the returner and and he went this way for forty nine ers and they didn't they didn't throw a flag there either.
Speaker 2: Home field advantage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then the pilot, this pilot slam after the after the play. It just but you know what I was gonna say, I was gonna say, will that make a difference? Yeah? What kind of difference can those those plays make?
Speaker 2: Well? My play one play, one play to turn the game around, because they what was it, one, two, three, four, five plays later they scored hm.
Speaker 3: Adam Schefter is reporting that Cowboys special teams A C. J. Goodwin tore his pectoral muscle and is out for the season. Per source. That was seven minutes ago.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmmm right, So what about Tuppy.
Speaker 3: And uh the reports earlier this morning were the where the high ankle spraying four to six weeks.
Speaker 4: This is this would have been his game. They they kept kicking up. He had plenty of times to return the ball. This would have been his game.
Speaker 5: Who else do they have in for returners?
Speaker 6: They had one, they had one for deuce and then didn't reco down got Donal.
Speaker 2: Had the first one or two and then they put Deuce in at the end. It's basically I mean.
Speaker 5: How how do you supplement for Turpin?
Speaker 2: You know, well, I I just miss him as a potential wide receiver.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, both.
Speaker 2: I mean look at the touchdown. You know he just ran away from them.
Speaker 3: And we haven't because of the nature of the games that have been played so far, we haven't seen the blowouts over now what there's apparently bad teams. Now the Giants are one in four that was a forty to other blowout, and the Patriots are one in four that was thirty eight to three and they just got beat again thirty four to nothing by the Saints. And the Jets playing without Aaron Rodgers thirty to ten, a team the Patriots beat, but they You didn't see Turpin used the way right you would think that he will be used in a what is anticipated.
Speaker 2: I it was great because he was lined up in the slot on the left. He went in motion to the slot on the right and just took off and they had they had no answer, and it was a great pass.
Speaker 4: It was the best playoffs seeing them have all year.
Speaker 2: A great catch, Willie May.
Speaker 3: So that's one we're going to live off of for the next week. Thanks Monday Night, and we'll be back with more mixed shots.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 11: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 12: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Mornings Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly, twenty twenty three, Miller Brewing Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: As they snapper the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped laft. He'll look for a perstown.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Prescot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 5: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 9: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi and we've achieved absolute nacho Nirvana, because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool PEPSI finish nachos better with PEPSI.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 1: Mick shots.
Speaker 6: Check out the latest and greatest addition to tours at at and T Stadium and at the Star in Frisco. Meet Jerry Jones in interactive experience. Get a peek behind the curtain and into the fascinating life of Jerry Jones. With a focus on innovative fan experience in partnership with a T and T, this interactive technology gives tour goers the opportunity to ask mister Jones a variety of questions, for more information and to book your tour.
Speaker 5: Is it Dallas Cowboys dot com? Slash tours? What is so funny?
Speaker 11: Why?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Over your shoulder? Great read, Get every him.
Speaker 4: That's the blame, Bill, I'm so sorry, Belichick said, like, I'm looking beautiful, man.
Speaker 2: We need to make improvement.
Speaker 4: No, but it was just the visual book on this.
Speaker 3: It was just the visual. There was a shot of Belichick at his press conference or whatever, and he just looked.
Speaker 4: It was worse than that movie.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 3: It was like he lost not only his puppy, but both.
Speaker 4: And he's gotta be and he's gotta be nice about it too. He can't be a joke. Abou being soft, right, He's not as abrasive. He actually feels it looks pitiful.
Speaker 2: So now he's had his largest home loss in his New England coaching career. And said, and and the largest loss ever.
Speaker 3: He loses by thirty five here and thirty four there. Yeah, Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I mentioned that the Cowboys the last time they lost by more, they lost to the Saints by thirty two November tenth, twenty thirteen, forty nine seventeen.
Speaker 3: Kept throwing that full back on the out of the backfield.
Speaker 2: Full back seemed to give this team trouble.
Speaker 3: We defend that plot to twenty thirteen?
Speaker 11: Was that?
Speaker 3: Who was was? It was Rob Ryan, the defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: I think that was his last year.
Speaker 3: That game should have been the last game.
Speaker 4: What did tell me post game press conference? What did Deack have to say for himself?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: He he said that was the most That was a humbling defeat, probably the most humbling defeat he's ever been involved with.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he went on for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he should be begging.
Speaker 6: He was talking about also, like how this week they all need to lock arms and get together and you know that locker room reset. But I still don't think he totally took the accountability for everything that happened last night. And that was one thing that I picked up.
Speaker 2: Well, there was there was a lot of extenuating circumstances that the quarterbacks got to take blame for the deep ball. The cooks. Number one, he shouldn't have thrown it. Number two, he had two guys bearing down.
Speaker 4: The first one though. The first one though, wasn't that the first one well, the first one that he should he threw it out of bounds if he leads it to No, that was to that was the Cooks. He threw it out of bounds. Yeah, Well, Warner was trailing him. They were bragging about how Warner was keeping up with him. He was not. He was about five yards behind him. Dak just throws with all he has. If he throws it towards the end zone, it's a touchdown. He led him out of bounds. To me, these are those moments where you're Dak Prescott. This is the moment where, Okay, that pass was a moment for him. You know, Chris Collinswell kept coming up, well, this is a moment for Dak Prescott. He said that before every drive, but that particular moment, he should have led Cooks towards the end zone and that would have been a touchdown for about sixty yards plus.
Speaker 3: There was a twenty five yard and seventy five it would have been a seventy five yard touch his first first play of the last possession of the first half, fifty seconds left.
Speaker 4: I mean, he had n't beat when he had n't beat, If.
Speaker 3: They connect on that, it's a twenty one to fourteen game somehow at.
Speaker 4: Halftime, right, they had he had him beat. That's the moment where you've got to make that play.
Speaker 3: By the way, and if Mickey had gotten his call on the play or the penalty hadn't happened earlier than that play would have happened, it would have been a fourteen fourteen even.
Speaker 4: Happened saying man, yeah, but that's where he needs to take the blame for some of those moments where dude, you're getting paid all this money, we want you to be a top quarterback, you want to be considered in that realm. But those are the plays that put you up there. Those are the plays that put.
Speaker 3: You in And by the way, okay, and I'm not dreaming that their cowboys are going to somehow win that game. Okay, it was forty two to ten.
Speaker 4: But you're right.
Speaker 3: If you make plays like that, even the way that game was going, that makes it twenty one to fourteen. You're getting the ball to start the second half. As it turned out, you were down twenty one to seven. You got the ball to start the second half, and you had a field goal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and your play calling is totally different if you're in the other position, it's totally different.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I got one more for you.
Speaker 3: They had.
Speaker 2: Third and four. Oh, here we go at the third and four at the San Francisco thirty one.
Speaker 3: They were juncture in the game, are we hear?
Speaker 2: It was in the third quartank this one.
Speaker 5: This one stood out to me too.
Speaker 2: This is just it was, And I got I got two esters. They handed the ball not to Polo whoa to ric O'Donnell. My son went crazy on third and four and he lost down lost the yard it was so bad. My son.
Speaker 4: He was like, I kind of had turned the weigh us up and he's like, what are we doing? I thought maybe it was second.
Speaker 3: Down and that that was the first drive of the second half, and that led to the fifty yard field goal by Aubrey.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, Gesus, he was still kicking the ball than I was watching.
Speaker 11: Spot it was.
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 1: I was watching.
Speaker 2: I was watching going to the cowboy bench left he hit from fifty eight and going to the right he hit from fifty six. He was crushing the ball. Okay, but back to that play now, the only thing I could qualify that as he's in his mind he was two plays to get the first down, but we ran one play well because because he lost her yard blew it up. Yeah, and then it was fourth and five. But I'm thinking he's thinking, well, if we at least get two yards, I'll go for it on fourth down because at that point they're down twenty one to seven. You deferred so you can have the first possession of the second half, and then they get a field goal, not a touchdown.
Speaker 3: And they had on first down at the thirty seven. They ran the ball with Pollard and lost the.
Speaker 4: Yard, which happened a lot, Which happened a lot? What what I mean? I have questions about our offensive line. This is the first time that we've had them all together since twenty twenty one. It looked like it it did. I was very disappointed in how they blocked or didn't block. That just made no sense to me. And I'm still curious about did they even go over in detail like Dak's interceptions, because the last interception, to me, it's like, man, did you just give up on this? Because that same quick slamt route is the same interception that he was throwing all last season, and for him to digress to that point when you drop back and your foot hits the ground on this West Coast offense or Texas Coast offense, the first thing you need to know is where is the linebacker that ended up intercepting that passed because it's going to slant right into him. Did he not see him? First of all, I don't believe that. If he says it, how can you continue to make that same mistake? You know, for this offense that is supposed to be new for you, it looks like last year's offense when it comes to making those same mistakes from the quarterback. I thought that was just unacceptable that he still threw that same slant route and the linebacker came over and intercepted it for him not to see that. That's digressing. That's not making any progress to me.
Speaker 2: How about another tip ball and Warner gets an interception.
Speaker 4: Well, and not only that, the DV was totally in position right. It wasn't like he had a chance for that. The dB beat him to the inside once again. They know we're running that little quick slant crap. We've been doing that since last year. They know it, they read it, they look for it, and they make plays on it, and we fall right into that trap. Something's got to be said or done about that. We can't keep doing that. It's like expecting something different to happen after it keeps messing up over and over again.
Speaker 5: And Fred Warner he just the entire game.
Speaker 6: You could tell the pressure Dak Prescott had on him from just Fred Warner Warner.
Speaker 5: It's like they would take the ghost for Dac press If.
Speaker 3: I don't know what, I don't know what happened to elsewhere around the league as far as the defensive players, what they did yesterday. But Fred Warner got my vote for NFC Defensive Player in that game. And by the way, speaking of that, think of the Niners on their defense. They had Nick Bosa was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year last year, and he's not the best player on their defense, Fred Warner is. He is, Yeah, at least Cowboys and they added the best player on Philadelphia's defense last year in Javon Hargrave, who had eleven and a half sacks last year.
Speaker 2: So they had four sacks, six tackles for losses, nine quarterback hits nine. It was rarely clean in the pocket and I think he at times was playing to that like I got to get rid of the ball, and I just never looked comfortable whatever they were doing in this offense, he didn't.
Speaker 4: You can say them for the last three times we played them, right.
Speaker 2: And they probably have something to do. But this is a different offense, okay, right.
Speaker 4: It seems to be worse. Yeah, that's supposed to be an endorsement.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 2: The West Coast offense.
Speaker 4: This is the Texas office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I called it, the Gulf Coast office.
Speaker 3: Wow. And this week we get to go up against the former offensive coordinator. Here in the Los Angeles Chargers, there's storylines every week.
Speaker 4: It may be best that we don't play at home this week. That might be better than we are on the road.
Speaker 3: You're thinking that they take the hometown might be a I've been through this guy.
Speaker 4: We were one in fifteen. Only win was in Washington. Worse, our only win was in Washington, but.
Speaker 3: To New England. Did you see what happened in New England after they finally got a first down where they bowing There was a standing ovation in fox Sancast Bronx cheers in Foxboro. I think they've gone thirty eight possessions without a touchdown or something like that. Yeah, it's unbelievable. Wow, it's worse elsewhere.
Speaker 2: If there's anything good to be said, there's still twelve games to go.
Speaker 4: If there's anything good to be said, go Ranges.
Speaker 2: There you go, there, you go.
Speaker 3: Said all right, and we'll be back with more mixed shots coming your way tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 4: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 7: He