Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the weekend edition of your Second Date Update.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know how I tell you this. We're going to try something new, I know, for you know, I know people don't like.
Speaker 1: New things, but we're just curious because we know you love dysfunctional relationship drama and many of our new listeners on the Second Date feed right here, thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 2: Don't realize that we actually do a full hour of.
Speaker 1: Brand new content every day, a full show. That's not all Second Dates. We do another segment that is very relationship drama heavy.
Speaker 2: And very loved. Yes, yes, totally beloved.
Speaker 1: That's called Awkward Tuesday phone Calls, and that's whenever you have a relationship issue and you need our help making a phone call. So on Sundays, just for this month only, we're going to try it out. See what you guys think. If you like it, if you don't like it, let us know in the comments.
Speaker 3: I think if you like the Second Date, you're gonna be obsessed with Awkward.
Speaker 2: To Yeah it is. Sometimes they're more dramatic, could anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, truly truly, Brook Teller, I stole her wall and I want to come clean about it.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, did you by the way, we should talk? Okay, all right, all right, here it is.
Speaker 4: Here's your awkward Tuesday football on a Sunday, just for you.
Speaker 2: We're trying it out. Listen up.
Speaker 5: I never want to tell the listeners what they should and shouldn't do in their personal lives.
Speaker 2: I feel like a butt is coming.
Speaker 5: But I do every once in a while because I have to warn them if something bad's going to happen. Okay, that's good, and that's why today I'm telling all our listeners do not go to a certain book signing in.
Speaker 6: New York that's coming up, because there's one.
Speaker 5: Hundred percent chance you or someone you know will fall madly in love and leave your significant up.
Speaker 1: That is who's at the book set.
Speaker 5: Do I know this because that person is at the center of our awkward Tuesday song time and I just look them up online and.
Speaker 1: You're going to that is a spicy that was a sloppy meat.
Speaker 5: I'll let you know who this glamour puss is. When things get awkward next, it's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 6: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: When you're in a relationship, is it okay for your significant other to have a crush on somebody else, you know, it's okay, happen.
Speaker 6: I mean it depends on.
Speaker 5: Who it is, right, Like, if it's a celebrity crush, that's probably fine, but if it's one of their co workers, that's a little bit messy. Yeah, now, Brook, I'm your co worker and also kind of a celebrity. Yes, this is dangerous territory that we're getting into here.
Speaker 2: Crush. I don't have one.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Let's not focus on Brook and the crazy is going on in her head. Let's talk to Connor, who's worried that his girlfriend may have a little bit of an unhealthy crush. Connor, Welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Hi, Connor. How long have you been dating your girlfriend?
Speaker 7: So we've been dating for a little over.
Speaker 6: A year now, okay, do you know her name yet?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Vanessa Vanessasa. Okay, So what's going on? Why are you so concerned?
Speaker 7: Okay, So we moved in together a little while ago, and she, uh, she decided to buy a Peloton for our place and.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's Peloton, but we don't he obviously doesn't ride.
Speaker 8: After a month.
Speaker 7: Yeah, whatever, it's her thing. I I don't think they all have pronounced it. Okay, she's been really really into it, you know, I thought was great. Yeah, and you know, bonus for me. She looks amazing riding the bike, you know, workout clothes, you know, nice.
Speaker 6: It's a good view.
Speaker 7: But noticing she seems to be really into one of the instructors, who's a guy and she's always taking his classes and who cares?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I got to step in on this one. Like the Peloton instructors are all incredibly sexy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there isn't one other.
Speaker 1: I haven't found an uggo yet.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think they would hire an ugly person to be doing it. Wouldn't be a good advertiser for their company.
Speaker 3: Yeah you do?
Speaker 6: You know which guy it is? Connor?
Speaker 7: I honestly can't remember the guy's name, but like I get it. I mean, he's really good looking. You know, he's obviously in shape. He's got like the sculpted arms, the perfect hare, you know, the.
Speaker 6: Whole sounds like two people have been checking out this.
Speaker 2: So what's the problem. Why is that an issue?
Speaker 7: Well, I see her doing his ride and she has like these googly eyes on, like she's biting her lower lip while he's doing it. So I thought, maybe she has a little crush, you know, which is only fine. You know, I'm not that insecure, Like we all have crushes, but lately it's getting kind of weird.
Speaker 6: So what do you mean.
Speaker 7: I found the trainer Guy's social media whatever his name is, and of course she follows him, and I noticed she's like every single one of his posts. Okay, when when we hang out, she'll bring up things he said, so he'll be like, oh my god. You know, I was taking a ride today and he said, this, isn't that funny? I mean, like something you say when you're like really into someone or like dating them.
Speaker 1: She's not dating the peloton instructor. He's virtually on a screen.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, his fan page isn't like the best way to get to him either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like she obviously just really likes his classes. I mean a lot of these, Like in the classes I've taken, they're all about motivational and live your best life and a lot of like good energy and stuff.
Speaker 5: Right, But like, is that a healthy behavior to be kind of obsessing over somebody and riding your peloton naked and stuff.
Speaker 8: He don't say that you might start only going for Peloton trainersfriend.
Speaker 6: But I don't know how far the obsession goes.
Speaker 7: I came home one day and she was watching one of his classes. Like she wasn't working out, she wasn't wearing any of her gear or anything. She's just standing there holding her coffee watching the guy work out.
Speaker 5: Okay, so fun.
Speaker 1: What if you keep home to your husband doing that, I could see where you'd you'd feel a little weird about it.
Speaker 2: I mean that that's pretty extreme.
Speaker 7: One thing.
Speaker 3: Do I constantly take the classes, but yeah, the extracurriculars to go find them to just watch them casually, like.
Speaker 2: It most just work out.
Speaker 1: So you're not obviously, like actually worried she's gonna cheat. You're just concerned that this is a little over the top and it hurts your feelings.
Speaker 6: What are you feeling?
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know. To be honest, it's weird to say, but I am getting a little little bit jealous and I want to talk to her about it. But I don't want to be like the jealous boyfriend, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be a hard conversation to bring up a crush on the guy on the screen.
Speaker 7: Love.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so you want us to call your girlfriend here and you want to talk to her about this obsession that you think might be going a little too far.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I definitely need some help and to get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 3: Hold on, you say get to the bottom of it? Do you mean you want it to stop? Or you need her to explain her feelings about him, like what's the solution?
Speaker 7: Maybe both, depending on what she says.
Speaker 3: I mean, Okay, we don't know what the solution is then, okay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I at least want to understand where she's coming from if I'm just imagining this, or I mean, for me, it seems over the top.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, okay, I will see that, all right, all right, Well, so we'll think about this. We'll play a song, we'll come back, call your girlfriend Vanessa for you, and we'll give her an ultimatum saying it or it's me.
Speaker 2: That is not the advice. We'll come up with better advice.
Speaker 5: We'll come up with something. We'll do it right after this, with your awkward Tuesday phone call. Hold on, man, it's awkward.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 6: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: All right, we're just getting our sweat on for the awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: Right now, I get it.
Speaker 6: We're gonna push through together, guys.
Speaker 5: Okay, everybody, I know half of you are feeling the pain, the pain of this segment because it's not very good.
Speaker 4: But we're gonna get it together, all right. The new you starts today, Donna. Connor, this is your moment. We're gonna call your girlfriend and tell her. You know what, honey, you're obsession with your Peloton instructor.
Speaker 5: It's not healthy.
Speaker 4: Okay, we want a healthy relationship. Are you with me?
Speaker 7: Left?
Speaker 1: Right? Left?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Connor, you with me?
Speaker 7: I'm ready, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm energy.
Speaker 6: That's okay.
Speaker 2: You have a second career and I just.
Speaker 6: Got to get in physical shape in order to do it for that tired me out.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, if you're just joining us, We're in the middle of an awkward Tuesday phone call where one of our listeners, Connor, wants our help to reach out to his girlfriend, Vanessa. They've been together for a year and she's been a little bit obsessed with her Peloton instructor lately, a lot, because he even came home one day and found her just watching videos of him, not even working out, just drinking coffee and enjoying the visuals, but Connor, hopefully we can help get things right for you.
Speaker 6: Are you feeling all right? Are you ready to hear some advice?
Speaker 7: Oh? Yeah, I think I'm ready.
Speaker 6: Okay, Brooke, what do you got for him?
Speaker 1: Well? I think you have totally valid feelings, Connor, but I think you would even admit this is a pretty ridiculous conversation.
Speaker 6: Okay, those are two totally different things.
Speaker 4: Said.
Speaker 3: Your feelings are valid, but this is stupid.
Speaker 1: I said ridiculous, like silly.
Speaker 2: And I think that you need to lean into that. Okay. I mean, if you admit in the.
Speaker 1: Beginning this is a really ridiculous thing I'm about to bring up one, it'll let her guard down so she's not so defensive, and it makes you sound less like accusatory.
Speaker 7: You know. I mean, it doesn't seem that ridiculous with all the things that she's doing.
Speaker 1: I just mean, like the conversation of like you have a crush on your peloton instructor is a pretty silly conversation.
Speaker 7: Brook.
Speaker 5: I know this is probably gonna sound ridiculous and stupid, but that advice was bad.
Speaker 6: What do you think? What should Connor do?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 3: The only thing I'm concerned about It's like, usually in these awkward Tuesdays, both parties kind of have an idea, right of like the issue at hand, but it sounds like she has no idea what's coming.
Speaker 2: Like, Oh, yeah, for sure, I just.
Speaker 3: Think maybe kind of ease into it, but don't be too agro, don't.
Speaker 7: Be too Yeah. No, I'm gonna be diplomatic about it.
Speaker 6: Okay, be diplomatic, don't be too agro. Ease into it.
Speaker 5: You know that this is ridiculous, but also at the same time, it's really important.
Speaker 3: We're so good at it.
Speaker 2: You're because Connor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, ready to make this, Conor, good luck, man, We're gonna be here, ready to jump in if we feel like.
Speaker 6: You need a little bit of help. But we're gonna Dalvinesa's number. Let's do it, man, Good luck?
Speaker 7: All right, thank you?
Speaker 6: Okay, something to it? Here we go this give me a quick phone.
Speaker 8: Hello, hey babe, it went. I didn't know this was you.
Speaker 7: What's up? Oh? Nothing, Uh? I was just calling to say hey, uh sere, your day's going well.
Speaker 8: I just finished a ride, so I'm so.
Speaker 7: Oh you you worked out today?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 8: I did my thirty minute hit, right, it was so good. Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Okay did you use that uh that one guy?
Speaker 8: Uh? Alex his had Alex? Yes, obviously he's so good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, huh uh I was. I was kind of hoping to talk to you about that actually.
Speaker 8: Uh okay, talk to me about what what's going on? Uh?
Speaker 7: Like this Alex dude, I feel like maybe you've been a little into him lately. What wait? What? Like like you've just been kind of even kind of ubset with him.
Speaker 8: A little, dabe? What are you talking about? He's my palace on the he's Alex.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know. You just like you take a lot of his classes.
Speaker 8: He's like super motivational. He gets me to like get my sound when I'm at work, like it's amazing. He's motivating.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, okay, okay, But like when you're working out, you just have like this this look in your eye. I don't know, it's weird.
Speaker 8: What look?
Speaker 7: What look in my eyes? But like you're trying to seduce him through the camera or something like.
Speaker 8: Like I'm trying to sduce What are you talking about? Are you joking?
Speaker 7: No? No, I'm not. I'm not joking. If I was staring at some girl every single day like that. I mean, you wouldn't like it, would you?
Speaker 8: Listen? This is a fitness instructor. I have to look at him so I know what to do.
Speaker 7: Well, what about like like the other day when when you were just a standing there, you know, watching his video, like not even working out, babe?
Speaker 8: Are you like that serious?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I'm serious? Oh my god, they're smiling like a giddy school girl.
Speaker 8: Okay, First of all, I was trying to find this incredibly motivating quote that I wanted to film and send to Erica, who you know, is my best friend who's having a horrible time right now, because this guy is so inspiring and motivational.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I see the motivation and I see the sculpted arms, like, ooh, we's got everything. I know, what do you.
Speaker 8: Want me to tell you? How sexy all you are? You're so hot? This is stupid?
Speaker 7: Like what is this, Alex? I mean I don't get the sounds that he gets. I mean, what about that sounds you make while you're working out?
Speaker 8: What sakos are you talking about?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 1: The noising, the noise workouts are working out.
Speaker 7: Working out? Watching Alex, You're like, oh, I.
Speaker 8: Told you this is gonna be ridiculous on the phone.
Speaker 5: Con Vanessa, you're on the radio right now with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I am dying.
Speaker 6: We're doing we've been listening in on this call.
Speaker 8: God, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Embarrassed.
Speaker 5: It's fine, Yeah, this is just we're doing an awkward Tuesday phone call with Connor because he's been a little bit jealous, jealous, a little insecure seeing you with Alex. Apparently, although you do seem to have a very strong connection with Alex.
Speaker 8: I have tried to get Connor to take Claus with me and he won't do it. And now I understand why. But yes, I have a strong connection with my Peloton teacher Alex.
Speaker 7: He thought he's super hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, Oh my god, Connor, he cannot still be mad. I mean, it does sound like she really really likes this Alex guy. But it doesn't sound like in the way that you were worried about.
Speaker 7: It sounds like they're connected at the growing That's where I.
Speaker 2: Found That's what you took from this, Connor, That's what you heard her say.
Speaker 8: Mabe, I don't even know him. I mean, granted he does have a book signing in May in New York that I got tickets for us. You can come.
Speaker 3: But dude, it's not like a threesome.
Speaker 2: She'd any of this from you, Connor.
Speaker 6: This isn't like a hall pass situation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I don't the hall pass on this guy. And you know, like you know he's going to be in New York and stuff like that's so weird.
Speaker 8: I don't. I didn't realize that this was like up setting you that much. But I need you to know that, like, you don't have to worry about anything. You can't see me. He's just super inspiring and he has.
Speaker 7: New York or whatever.
Speaker 2: Right now, you're just giving off insecure.
Speaker 3: She gave you your answer. You asked, and she said you have nothing.
Speaker 6: Now it comes down to trust.
Speaker 3: I trust.
Speaker 2: It's not her problem anymore. So your problem now is what jose said.
Speaker 5: I actually think it might be a good idea, Connor, if you went with her to New York and met Alex in person, and that might put you at ease a little bit.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, you can get motivated to take a class. But either wise, yeah, you.
Speaker 8: Can all make those noises all together, Tom, Like, listen, he's just super motivational and inspiring. So if you see me looking nine times out of ten, I'm trying to find a quote that I want to put on my vision board.
Speaker 7: Okay, I exactly what you're trying to find.
Speaker 2: Like, my god, this is exhausted.
Speaker 8: I cannot I love him, but I cannot fix this.
Speaker 1: Like he's going to be like this, Connor, it's not very attractive right now?
Speaker 5: All right, Connor, Yeah, this is like obviously a highly emotional thing, and we're doing this on the radio right now. You need to let it sit for a while and marinate. And I think you're going to see that it's not as big of a deal as you think it is if she would.
Speaker 7: Have said something different this this book, because you know, if I were doing this to a girl, you know that I was watching, and I was by following her schedule around the state.
Speaker 8: I think that somebody needs a bottle and a diaper and a nap.
Speaker 2: She tried to give you.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you, nobody changes a diaper like Alex.
Speaker 7: You need a those noises watching
Speaker 8: Laughing broken Jeffrey in the morning