Speaker 1: Thanksgiving leftovers. It's one more thing, I'm strong andy, one more thing and perhaps our laziest one more thing, And that's saying something. I'm just gonna go through a whole bunch of screen captures on my phone of stuff, just like random stuff that I found interesting enough to screen capture but haven't gotten to over the last week and a half or so.
Speaker 2: This is Pope Parrie. This is the fruits of your labors.
Speaker 3: This is showing that you didn't even take a break while we were on break.
Speaker 1: This is the spice of life. That is variety, anti lazy. So I had tweeted out that I was unhappy with the fortune I got at Panda Express, and just for years and now, fortunes have not been fortunes. You know, fortune should be you're going to meet a man with black hair who will be the love of your life. You know something that's going to come true. The one that I got at pend Express was express yourself through art and music. It's just like a declaration to start ballet or something.
Speaker 2: It's advice. It's an advice cookie.
Speaker 1: From Panda Express too so but so somebody responded to that with they're never our fortunes anymore. My older son got one at Panda Express that said keep your expectations reasonable, which he described as the most Charlie Brown of all fortune cookie messages. Keep your expectations reasonable? What kind of who wants to eat and be told that? I find that hilarious.
Speaker 2: Advice Cookies, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for that. Pend Express. You told me it's not Uh. I always thought it was kind of like low rent, but you're telling me it's not. It's considered.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's yeah, it's decent. Yeah, I enjoy it. I like our worst choice. I won't pay their advice cookies really out to say cut down your sodium intake. Yes, that would be a good one.
Speaker 3: Umm.
Speaker 1: A South Korean man avoided the draft. They still have the draft in South Korea avoided the draft by binge eating. He ate so much when he realized he was about to be drafted, he gained enough weight that he was too fat to get drafted. That's a South.
Speaker 2: Korea doesn't let super fat people in their military. We do, don't we, or at least pretty fat.
Speaker 1: Another military thing, this one serious. So there was an article in the Washington Post about our f thirty five, which is uh, thirty five one of our f's, one of our super fancy airplanes, and on how it's not reliable. It's got all kinds of problems with where the guns are installed, that doesn't work right, and a repair times, and it's not CyberSecure and it's easy to hack into. And Elon Musk the rocket genius, replied to that that you know, because he's doing the whole doge thing and really looking at the Pentagon, and he said this was an expensive waste of money and time, complex, jack of all trades, master of none. Success was never in the set of possible outcomes. We need to do better. Plus we should not have manned fighter jets. And the reason I thought that was interesting is Elon now kind of in a position where as the rocket scientist looking at things from the tech perspective, might have some pretty big influence on this stuff.
Speaker 2: I would love to see more out of the box thinking that direction. Certainly I would too.
Speaker 1: Ukrainian confidence in Zelensky at an all time low. He is down to sixty percent approval in Ukraine. To get to it.
Speaker 2: On the radio show today, he's making unmistakable noises about, hey, if we have to give up some territory. Let's just sit down, let's negotiate an end to this.
Speaker 1: You talked about this. I was going to get into it. Warnful, maybe I will on the radio show about and yet another study that DEI programs actually escalate hostility and racial tensions in the workplace. I've got all sorts of stuff on that. Yeah, it's absolutely amazing and not surprising at all.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, especially given the fact that the programs don't actually aimed to accomplish what they're claiming to accomplish. It's all a charade. It's a head fake, it's a ruse.
Speaker 1: Came across this. I think we've become too woke and gone too far with a whole bunch of stuff. But we needed some of this. As recently as nineteen sixty seven, I saw this picture. This is from the Boston Marathon, because they had the Boston Marathon the other day. Race organizers attempt to stop Catherine Switzer from competing in the Boston Marathon as she became the first woman to finish the race. They allowed women in, and you had protesters at the race. These were other runners, guys in their bibs with the number on them, trying to tackle this woman to stop a woman from running in a marathon that was in nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 2: Well, on the other hand, all that bouncing up and down his bed for their breasts, Jack, it's it's for their own good. We're keeping the little ladies at home. It's true.
Speaker 1: How crazy is that? In my lifetime, men, I thought women shouldn't be allowed to run a race?
Speaker 2: Right, Well, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Um.
Speaker 2: You remember the ad slogan You've come a long way baby. Of course, that was to sell women on the idea of you can smoke too and give yourself dread diseases and die prematurely graduate slogan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I had all my information on the whole banana art thing, but we did cover that on the radio show. It was the six point two million dollar banana duct taped to the wall was which sold by a fruit vendor outside for like eighty five cents, and he somehow feels like he got ripped off, and and and this tech billionaire who bought then took the banana down from the wall and ate it so good.
Speaker 2: Plight So well, I can't decide if this is AI or legitimate. But there's a statue of Barack and Michelle Obama. I think it's in Chicago and somebody stuck the banana to the front of Michelle unfortunate reference to both that hot art story and a right wing conspiracy that I will not dignify.
Speaker 1: I was a description that's pretty funny. I love that so much. I don't know why that is pretty funny.
Speaker 2: But again, I don't know if somebody actually did it, or it's just like somebody created the AI image.
Speaker 1: Oh, I took it. She's Scott no Wang No, Michelle Obama's not.
Speaker 2: Move on, move on, move on, move on.
Speaker 1: I took a picture at the grocery store in Salina, Kansas, where I was for Thanksgiving, because they I was in the over by the produce and stuff and had fresh sushi, and I took a picture of it, thinking how fresh could this sushi be? We're seventeen hundred miles from the notion either direction. Yes, I just wonder about that. Where did that come from? How did it get here? What does it taste like? I wondered all those things. Pictures of my brother at Disney World, oh Ian Bremmer with the shortest quote that he's ever had in mainstream media, and it related to the uh Kamala Harris thirty second video that the Democratic Party put out we played on the air where she makes no sense and sounds drunk, And this was from uh NBC. Ian Bremmer, a political scientist and the president of the Geopolitical Risk Advocacy from Eurasia Group, simply wrote in response to the Democrats twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I thought it was going to be wow or bad um um?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she looked and sounded hammered in that video. Yeah, because face she looked so rough.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, I heard a discussion about this yesterday, and this is what I've been saying. I would think if she was a drinker, it would have leaked out some unnamed source would have said, oh, yes, she's got a drink in her hand at it ten in the morning. And nobody has done that.
Speaker 2: I disagree. I've heard it a bunch of times. That's why I brought it up. No, it's not like your big publication.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not in the New York Times of the watch Rington Post or anything like that. Don't you think somebody would a knee captor by now, especially after she lost, wouldn't somebody of a kneecaptor in like mainstream media over drinking.
Speaker 2: If that were true, I think if she attempts to stage a comeback, you might see that. Although again she's a half wit, she's a dope, she's talentless. That's enough. Whether she's a drinker or not. We don't even need to go there.
Speaker 1: I did screen capture this picture from Thanksgiving at mar A Lago that included you got Trump in the foreground. Then there's Elon Musk talking to Sylvester Salon, and I just thought, I don't know what that is, but that's that's some sort of together at last. Yeah, there's the fruit vendor, an old guy very angry about selling the banana that ended up being a six point two million dollar piece of art, and the media was trying to pretend that that was somehow sort of inequity. Something right wrong happened there. I'm not exactly sure how that works.
Speaker 2: It's still kind of see the effort, but it's idiotic. Yeah, Katie, all.
Speaker 1: Right, to go back to this Stallone thing?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 1: Are he and Trump close?
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I wasn't aware of that.
Speaker 3: He was interviewed on Hannity last night too, so he's like kind of popping up on all the.
Speaker 1: He's not your usual run of the mill cele conservative that you know about. Do you know Joe was Syvester Saloon but a closeted conservative.
Speaker 2: All these years? Oh? Yeah to some extent? Yeah, Ok. And he's just a beloved figure I think, kind of a manly, traditional American guy, which just fits with a whole vibe.
Speaker 1: Costco is going to stop selling books in most US stores they sell books. Oh you didn't know that he had. They got a big, big, big, giant table full of books, and the prices are usually really low for hard popular, hardcover books. But because people don't buy them and you didn't even know they were there, and they're so heavy to move around and take up so much space, they just aren't going to sell them anymore. So some people are seeing that as another blow to the whole reading industry.
Speaker 2: Are they still going to sell sweats Uncle Jack?
Speaker 1: Lots and lots of suff Yes. Bill Clinton reveals he couldn't sleep for two years and was prone to outburst of rage after Hillary lost to Trump. In his new memoir, he says.
Speaker 2: What these people are nuts?
Speaker 1: He says, I apologize to all who endured my outburst of rage, which lasted for years and bothered or bored people who thought it pointless to rehash things that couldn't be changed. Bill Clinton, of all people, he.
Speaker 3: Didn't even look like he had the ability to show rage when all of that was going on. Remember when they did that big balloon drop and he looked like all in awe, staring at the ceiling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, this was this. I screened apter this just for our family because we have two pugs. A pug won a National dog show for the first time.
Speaker 2: So great.
Speaker 1: She's kind of weird from a you've bred this so it can't breathe standpoint, and and you know you've developed an animal that would never occurred on Earth because it can't breathe.
Speaker 2: To quote Ian Bremer. Uh, that's a.
Speaker 1: Neat story there, Jack, Okay, Well, we were just excited because a pug won a show. They never have me because they're ridiculous looking. They're ugly little dogs.
Speaker 2: That's good stuff. Jack.
Speaker 1: I took this picture at the airport. They had a sensory room at the Kansas City Airport. I don't think I've ever seen one of these in an airport before. So I walked over and the plaque said this room provides a safe and calming environment to help guests that might be feeling overwhelmed. Okay, what the hell is that? So did you go into the room or did you just read the black I'm not I just read the plaque. But is that the modern world where we need a room for people who are feeling overwhelmed.
Speaker 2: I can picture being overwhelmed in an airport. I suppose you're juggling three kids, your flight just got canceled. It's hectic and all. But I don't know. That's just that's what life is. I don't And you're gonna go in a room? Where are the kid's gonna go? What's it word? I don't know? Just too much.
Speaker 1: Robert F. Kennedy intends to require Coca Cola to begin using kine sugar instead of high fructose syrup. As HHS secretary.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure you have that within your purview, sir, but I'm willing to have the discussion.
Speaker 1: Certainly, can he make a cola company use a certain ingredient? I mean, it's not hy unless he unless he gets the government to declare hyproctose corn syrup like a poison or something.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't think, well, right, if he engages in the sort of regulatory overreach the conservatives regularly criticized. I happen to agree with him on that one, but that doesn't mean the government has the power to do it or should.
Speaker 1: Oh and on the RFK Junior front, did you see the ad Cheryl Hines, his wife, who was the you know, the wife of on Curb your Enthusiasm. That's actually RFK Junior's wife. She's got to Yeah, I didn't know that. Oh you didn't. Okay, she has a beauty line out now, and she put out an ad in which she's standing in the bathroom in RFK Junior is showering behind her naked. So that's kind of a weird look for both of them.
Speaker 2: That's hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh he has yoked, no doubt about it. If you want to make yourself look less crazy, that wasn't the way to go about it.
Speaker 2: Got my fortune the other day from a Chinese place said change your oil every five thousand miles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, thank you Panda Express Advice. Well, I guess that's it.