Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Tom Berducci will join us. He was on the call that would be the Fox presentation of the World Series, and he'll join us. Coming up here shortly. Best and Worst of the weekend, as we always do every Monday. What you saw that you like didn't like? Operator Tyler sitting by eight seven seven three DP show. We've been talking so much baseball. I asked Dylan if he could cook up some hot dogs, and then all of a sudden, like you know, you're going to have an end of the season hot dog, and I thought, okay, ten thirty in the morning, that's not too early. All of a sudden, Seaton walks out because you can't miss the smell of hot dogs here in the man cave seat and goes okay. I said, hey, we can throw a couple on there. All of a sudden, I turn around. Seaton's got a hot dog, don't mind if I do. Yeah, can't pass that up. All right, So we'll have a pull question for the final hour of the program. We've done a recap with college football, the NFL. The Commanders will be without Jayden Daniels. I'm going to guess for the rest of the year with a dislocated elbow, non throwing. But still I can't imagine a scenario where they would be bringing him back. I didn't think he should have been in the game at thirty eight to seven. And I don't like this. Hey, he's kind of working back getting some reps. You've been banged up. I don't want you coming back in a game we can't win just because you want to get reps. You want to get reps, get reps in practice. Because Seattle's defense knew that he was going to pass and they were going after him, and I didn't like it at all. Now he's out for the rest of the year. It looks like we say good morning. If you're watching on Peacock. That's our streaming partner, NBA on NBC and Peacock Monday nights, and then you also have Tuesdays in primetime. It's Coast to Coast Tuesday on NBC and Peacock. Tom Berducci, Sports illustrated senior baseball writer, New York Times bestselling author, co host of the Book of Joe podcasts with Joe Madden, did a great job at the World Series. Tom if I said, what do you think is going to happen in game seven? Before Game seven unfolded, you would have said.
Speaker 3: What, I liked Toronto going into that game because they were a home But I did not expect that, yes, ronobe Yamamoto was going to pitch in that game at all.
Speaker 4: I really didn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't on my Bengo card that after pitching Game six he'd come back the next day.
Speaker 4: That was a difference maker.
Speaker 2: What do you think was the turning point in the game.
Speaker 3: Well, the home run by Migi Rojas, right, I mean, the Jays are two outs away from the first World Series in thirty two years. You got your closer on the mound. It's a three to two count, number nine hitter. I understand you can't walk him because Otani is on deck. He's the go ahead run, right, so you have to throw a strike. What I didn't like was throwing a slider. When you have to throw a strike, that's a strike to strike pitch. I'd rather just throw a fastball challenge him, and it was a hanger. I mean, it's a home run that you didn't see coming, kind of like that Roger Davis home run in sixteen. This happened to be two outs from the end of the game, so that was the turning point. And after that, I just thought the air came out of the building. It was gonna be tough to beat the Dodgers at that point, giving up such a renewed life right there. But listen, that was a stunning as stunning of a home run as I've seen in the World Series.
Speaker 2: Mickey Rojas, you bring up a great point because you got Otani on deck and you're just kind of thinking, I just got to get through this. He's the ninth hitter. Let me just get through this, so I don't have to worry, you know, about Otani with anybody on and I mean, there were so many little moments here, but that's what makes up these great games. It's small moments that can lead to big moments as well. And that's what was fascinating about this is both teams had those moments. You either capitalized or.
Speaker 4: You totally dan.
Speaker 3: I think that's what made this series and especially this game stand apart. I've been at a lot of great games, obviously, but there you can go back, like watching a great movie, right, you go back and watch it a second, third, fourth time, It never gets old because you go back and you rEFInd something like, oh, I forgot about that point or that line in this movie. How about Andy Piez going into the game, Dan, I'm sitting there next to the Dodgers dugout. Andy Piez was as involved in the game as I was. He's sitting there with his hoodie on, just watching the game, and all of a sudden, Danny Leeman, the bench coach, runs down there and says, get in there.
Speaker 4: This is Bassis loaded ninth I think.
Speaker 3: And he just ripped off his hoodie, hadn't warned up at all, runs out the center field and two batters later, there he is playing Superman, jumping over Keik Hernandez to literally save the game. Right, that looked, for all intents and purposes like Ernie Clement was gonna be the World Series MVP, the Jays were gonna be World champions, and he fl eyes out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: I mean he must have ran more than one hundred feet to get that ball.
Speaker 3: That was one of the great World Series catches of all time because of what was on the line.
Speaker 2: But was it Okay, we know the result, but was it a smart play by him? In the moment.
Speaker 4: You know, they tell you it's the center fielder.
Speaker 3: Go get what you can get, right, So I think it was in the moment because he was fearless going after that ball. I'm not sure that KEYK would have caught it over the shoulder with his face about five feet from the wall at that point, So I think it was a play that had to be made. There was a risk obviously they collide and the ball falls. I mean, what a way that would have been to loser World Series. But I love the aggressiveness from that kid. He didn't hit it all in the postseason. He's got to play. He'll remember forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you centerfield. You have control, you have license to go after because of the angle. And that's why I thought, okay, you may bowl over your teammate, but you have a better angle than he and he ended up holding on to it. One thing that I thought was so small, Well, maybe it wasn't touched on as much that you have that you know, I kft, he's not off third base, Tom and on contact I'm going I just didn't know why he didn't have a little bit more of a lead, knowing if it's a ground ball, you're going, and I thought that it became it shouldn't have been close at home. I thought that he would have been down the line a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a great point, and in real time I had the same reaction. But looking at it again, and a lot of teams teach this in that situation, shorter lead at third because the worst thing that can happen is what a line drive and you get doubled up and the game's over. So there's more of the emphasis on a better secondary than getting the longer primary lead at third base. He's a smart baseball player. I am not going to question him on that. I think he was.
Speaker 4: We already saw a line drive.
Speaker 3: Monthy in that game. I don't know how he caught. Other than self defense. You cannot get doubled up at third base. I think that's the right way to go. You can argue he could have been a little more aggressive, but on this case, I'll air on the side of IKF being a smart ball player making the right call.
Speaker 2: Was that the greatest game that you've ever been a part of.
Speaker 3: I have a hard time putting it up above Game seven of twenty sixteen. You know, I still go back to that seventeen minute rain delay, that just that pregnant pause in the game.
Speaker 2: You're like, the game.
Speaker 3: Is tied in the World Series, and we're gonna stop and have a seventeen minute timeout with two teams that had won forever. And that was another game, by the way, that had so many twists and turns. It wasn't just the end, it was all the pivot points in the course of the game where history was changing minute by minute. This is right up there, though, because again I think there was so much to absorb in this game. Dan, actually the whole series where I don't know how many times you thought this, like the Dodgers are gonna win the World Series. World Series, right, Yeah, I mean, you couldn't have written any better as far as Cliffhangers go.
Speaker 2: And Dave Roberts had one of the great late inning managerial games in the history of the sport. Everything he did worked totally, I thought all throughout.
Speaker 3: I mean, when you think about Will Smith, you know he moved Will Smith up to the two hole because the Jays kept walking show hey Otani and Mooky wasn't swinging a hot bat and Will Smith was, so I think it was Game five he moved will Smith up to number two, where he just doesn't hit, but it was because he was the hotter bat. He's the one who hits the home run, two outs, bases empty in the eleventh. Getting Mookie down in the order for Game six, he said, I want him in an RBI spot. Maybe they'll help him relax his swing for a base hit. He had the huge two strike, two run, two out hit. I really won the game for him in six, So you're right the defense there, Miggy. I mean just the idea that you know, he told before Game five. Before Game six, he put Miguel Rojas in the game, who had had a base hit for a month, literally thirty.
Speaker 2: One days since he had a base hit.
Speaker 3: Put him in the game because, as he told us, he's such a glue guy.
Speaker 4: I means so much to this team.
Speaker 3: I couldn't see going home losing the World Series without giving him a chance to play. I had nothing to do with the analytics or numbers. It's a look in the eye that says, if I'm going down, I'm going down with this guy. And not just a home run, but how about his defensive plays.
Speaker 4: I mean the pick he made on.
Speaker 3: Key K's double play in Game six to end the game. Wow, that was a great play. And then of course you mentioned the play thrown out ikf at the plate, So you're right. I mean, Dave Roberts made some you know, I call them blink moments there and the course of a game where you have to make a quick decision, and it seemed like, if not all of them, most of them certainly worked out in his favor.
Speaker 4: I thought he had a great series.
Speaker 2: Tom Berducci, Sports Illustrated senior baseball writer Fox Sports on MLB Otani's legacy. I don't know. Did he get a boost here in the last month?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean greatest game ever, you know, tense strikeout game with with three home runs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the eighteen in game nine times on.
Speaker 2: Base, the greatest World Series game of all time turned in by one.
Speaker 3: Point on base. That's gonna be tough to be. Two home runs, four extra base hits for the first time at one hundred and eight years in the World Series. Yeah, I mean, and then he goes out and pitches the next day seventeen hours later.
Speaker 4: Now I thought he was gassed.
Speaker 6: Dan.
Speaker 3: I mean, I really think there's a point where even Otani. Uh is showing e on the on the on the gas tank, but uh, he pitched it as well as he could. But I think his legacy Dan is cemented again by he's a winning ballplayer. You know, he joins the Dodgers and they've won two World Championships since he got to pitch in the World Series for the first time. This was the first time we saw a show. Hey, you know, pitching and hitting in a World Series. And last year he had the shoulder issue early against the Yankees. He was certainly compromised there. But yeah, he keeps going further and further away from anybody else who ever played the game.
Speaker 4: It's not sacrilegious to say this is.
Speaker 3: The best baseball player who has ever played this game, and he keeps making it more certain.
Speaker 2: If Babe Ruth knew that Otani would do this later on, would Babe have stayed a pitcher and a hitter.
Speaker 3: That is a great question, because you just reminded me of this Baseball Raiders dinner in New York years ago. It was after Katseko goes forty to forty and Mickey Mantle was at the dinner and it was late in the night, so you can imagine how Mickey was keeping himself hydrated. So after Katziko got the award, Mickey actually wanted to go back up to the podium and he said, listen, if you guys, if I knew you guy makes such a big deal out of forty forty, I'd have.
Speaker 4: Done it like five times.
Speaker 3: But you know, going back to the Babe, you know, he actually said he really never had two full seasons like start to finish of two way play, and he actually said after the second one, it's just too hard.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: I think his heart's based on what I've read, was really into hitting and that's what that was his love where I think Show has DNA begins with pitching, and baby Bruce said, it's just too hard physically to keep up. I want to hit, and you know, I don't want to feel, you know, sore, armed or whatever play in the outfield because there was no DH so I don't think the Babe would do it. The question is how long can show Hey do this right? And watching the physical wear and tear on him, especially after that eighteen in the game, Dan, I started to think we better enjoy this because I don't think it came met lasts much longer. But then I asked Dave Roberts and he said, I don't see any reason why he can't keep doing this two way pitch and hitting. It was twenty twenty five starts a year for years and years and years.
Speaker 4: This guy is just amazing.
Speaker 2: And Vlad Guerrero, you know what an incredible series and a losing effort, and you saw how emotional he was after the game he was in, he was in tears. He did everything, just about everything possible to win a World Series.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you brought him up, Dann, because we knew he was a great hitter. I think this whole postseason, especially the World Series, pointed out what a great baseball player this guy is. I mean, I remember a game when Max Schurzer was pitching in Seattle in the ALCS, and he's got a problem tipping his pitches and vladd was the one of the first inning who stopped him and went to the mound and say, hey, watch your hands. Here runners are picking it up. There was a throw at third base. Barger threw the runner out at third instead of throwing home. It was Lad who told him to throw it a third not to home. The defensive plays. I counted three great ones he made just in Game seven, and you're right.
Speaker 4: You saw the emotion on his face.
Speaker 3: How much this meant to him, The swings he put on the baseball Dan, if you go back and look at it, this wasn't a guy trying to hit home runs. This was a guy doing whatever he could to get on base, shortening up sometimes even early in counts, sitting on pitches.
Speaker 4: I was blown away by Vlad and his all around game.
Speaker 2: Great stuff. Are you now off? You're not doing anything?
Speaker 3: I wish I could say that, but no, it's starting at MLB Network. We start Awards week next week, start aligning up the finalists for the awards tonight on MLB Network. Of course, everybody wants to wait for the al NBP vote. That's going to be a cliffhanger, Judge and Raleigh. So I'm not getting on a plane.
Speaker 4: So that's big.
Speaker 2: Thanks again, Tom, Hey, my pleasure. All right. That's Tom Berducci. He was there with Fox Sports MLB with the World Series and co host of the Book of Joe podcasts with Joe Madden. You start to look at these teams that won six and seven on the road, in the World Series. So you have the Dodgers there, the Nationals did this, the Cubs in twenty sixteen, the Pirates in seventy nine, then you go back to the Tigers in sixty eight, the Yankees in fifty eight. It doesn't happen very often, but I don't know how often we have a Game seven in the World Series to begin with, and then a team having to win two games on the road to win the World Series. But the Dodgers from start to finish, they were supposed to be here, They got there, and they completed it. So Los Angeles will be celebrating. Magic Johnson gets to sell I think this is the eighteenth title with all of his sports that he's either played or been part of ownership. That sound right, Martvin, That is correct. Eighteen he said it himself. Yeah, well, good for him. It's nice that something good is happening for Magic Johnson. There, it's take a break. More phone calls coming up back after this on The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio and in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: You can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 8: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Jay and Delaware. Hi Jay, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Hey Dan? I just have a quick too best and one worse. But one worst is that East Rough us for New Jersey Field claims another Aco for my forty nine ers. And my best along with that game is mccorgy Jones still delivering and Bob Sali still has that defense Houman even though it's to injuries, so Niners are still on track. My other best is the World Series absolutely delivered. Not a fan of Eater team, and that was one of the best World Series I've watched in my lifetime. So many moments from just like Kershaw coming in getting that one out, Tredy Sad Jamamoto, Glad hitting that home run off of off of show. Hey just so many moments to great World Series. Baseball is back. Thanks Van, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Hi Jay, thank you. The ratings. Game seven of the World Series between the Dodgers and Blue Jays had an audience in nearly twenty six million viewers, according to the Nielsen Fast National Ratings, the most watched since twenty seventeen, when the Dodgers and Astros Game seven and had twenty eight million. Butch in Ohio, Hi, Butch, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Hello to the greatest team in the history of radio, best and the worst, the Buckeye sending Jim Noles fond farewell, worst of course the Bengals.
Speaker 2: All right, anything else?
Speaker 10: I'm six' one rather flash at one.
Speaker 9: Ninety, yeah thank.
Speaker 10: You AND i wanted to just say THAT i have a. PREDICTION i think that The Television academy Of sports or whomever it, is is waiting For dan to retire so that you guys can all Get Lifetime achievements. Awards.
Speaker 2: YEAH i don't want that. One i'm not showing up for A Lifetime achievement. Award but thank you, Though. Butcher, yeah that'd be the easy way. Out we either win or we. Don't, Yes.
Speaker 11: Martin so you're not showing up period for a Lifetime achievement award at SPORTS i mean, NO.
Speaker 2: I don't want a lifetime achievement. AWARD i want a real time achievement. Award that's all best daily studio what we. Do and hopefully we get. Nominated but if we, win AND i KNOW i don't want some we feel a sympathy Sports, EMMY i want, that we want. IT i Want Sports center. NOMINATED i WANT mlb, TONIGHT i WANT Nfl. NETWORK i want all of those big.
Speaker 12: Shows everybody who's beating us in the last thing you, want then we get to beat all of.
Speaker 2: Them, yes bring all the hammers, out that's you, KNOW Nfl. Live put them all in. There, Yes Tom.
Speaker 13: Hard on the interruption and good morning football.
Speaker 2: Everybody, everybody, everybody bring bring the hammers. Out that's WHAT i. Want bob and Can? Tucky, Hi, bob what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Today good morning.
Speaker 6: Sir i'm fifty eight six seven three eighties seventeen Shoved my best and worst is? You OH i. LISTEN i was alive before the invention of the, internet cable and, microwaves and then we had you on the mother. Ship you've been in our lives for. Decades do you Think Dan patrick, integrity, professionalism goofball with a sense of? Humor then you have The Dan. NETZ i know we have you for two more. Years you're like The Paul harvey of sports Good and what are we going to do when you? LEAVE i mean the. Year it's like a brother moving From kentucky and taking the kids To. California you're you're not, dead but you ain't nixt door no.
Speaker 2: More, well now that you put it that, Way, bob but thank, you thank. You we got. Along we've got a lot of time. Here i've got a lot of. Time two and a, half a little less than two and a half, years less than two and a. Half, yeah less than two and a. Half although the conversation came up last. Night my wife, Goes, okay so you're retiring on That friday before the Super bowl In. ATLANTA i said. Yeah she, said BUT i Thought monday after the Super bowl is your biggest. SHOW i said. Yeah she, said, well don't you want to end your career walking out of the Man cave instead Of? ATLANTA i, said you're the one that came up with the idea OF i started my career In atlanta AT. Cnn so end my career In atlanta and then she, GOES i, know BUT i think it makes more sense to come back and do The monday show and then you turn out the lights in the man. CAVE i, said all, right well let me run it by the Dan ets.
Speaker 14: Here, Yeah, paul so not the entire week of shows after The super all The, monday.
Speaker 2: Only monday Only, monday AND i don't know if anybody's getting. Paid But i'll come in on That monday after the Super bowl because it's a fun show to, Do, Yes.
Speaker 11: Martin, NOW i was just trying to figure out WHAT i was What i'm going to do Afterwards marvin starts his new. Job, Ye, Tuesday, yeah my new job was Starting, monday but now It's. Tuesday. Okay i'll Tell Bill, Simmons oh, Wow i'll Tell Dave.
Speaker 2: Whoa, Okay, todd what do you think That monday after The Super? Bowl?
Speaker 13: Yeah so What martin was, saying there's an onboarding. PROCESS i think they sometimes like you to start.
Speaker 4: At the beginning of The.
Speaker 1: NO i think we should do.
Speaker 13: That we should do The Monday but you have two.
Speaker 2: And a half years to be able to tell your next employer that you won't be there on That. Monday it goes pretty. Quickly we're calling in sick on our first, day you're just not calling in for. Work. Seat it just.
Speaker 12: Seems odd that we would spend our last day on. Air we're either going to be talking about the Super bowl or completely ignoring the Super bowl that just happened the night. Before because it's our very last. Show we're really not going to talk about the Super bowl at. All even when we're In atlanta that whole week leading, Up we're not really going to talk about the Super bowl, either because this is our last week of the.
Speaker 2: Show, Yeah i'll be talking about the Super. BOWL i DON'T i don't you. KNOW i want to take a long stroll down memory. LANE i don't know if that's really in your. Control yes it, IS i don't know how much it. Is i'm not going to take any phone calls just we're going to just focus on the Super. Bowl, Yes, PAUL.
Speaker 14: I thought about. THIS i Think seaton may have a. Point do we go To friday the week after Super bowl Or, thursday and then you have a couple invite some of our favorite guests on say goodbye to the show three or four days Of Super Bowl, monday complete wrap, up you, know SOME nfl offseason and then some stuff for us for days, three four and.
Speaker 2: Five, no, no, no, no, no, no no, no no no, no we're not adding more.
Speaker 12: Days, no let's just wrap it. Up, then what the hell can we care About? Monday for see On friday? Later, okay go right into the Weekend.
Speaker 14: Friday we're calling.
Speaker 2: IT i don't. Know i'm asking you. Guys you guys want to do the last show In atlanta at the Super bowl On, friday and then that's. It we walk Off.
Speaker 12: Seaton the last show was supposed to be heading Into, christmas and then you pushed it to the Super. Bowl now you're pushing it to a week after the Super, bowl only a day after the Super. Bowl, well now you just Said friday after the Super, Bowl so then we or somebody just Said, friday we're not. Doing so then why don't we just really head into the draft because that's going to be a lot of fun to.
Speaker 14: Take draft that.
Speaker 2: Year, Nope, nope we can either Do friday In atlanta Or monday here in the Man. Cave, Yes marvin.
Speaker 11: Thought the final four was In Mason ohio in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight that's not. Good, well i'd say it was. GOOD i was just, saying you, know you could have done better than.
Speaker 5: That you be.
Speaker 11: SHOCKED i.
Speaker 2: Can't, yeah, Yes, hunt.
Speaker 13: They Got march Mad.
Speaker 2: News i'm going to give you guys the. Opportunity, Atlanta, friday Man, Cave. Monday.
Speaker 13: GOD i initially thought The. Monday Now i'm thinking we wrap it up on the road and.
Speaker 2: Okay Last.
Speaker 12: Day it's just gonna go with whatever somebody said last we could, say how About, Tuesday may, Fifteenth it'll be, LIKE i think that makes a lot of.
Speaker 2: SENSE i THINK i could could find. That, yeah all, Right Marvin, monday Man, Cave, seaton Probably, Friday Super. Friday, paul it is.
Speaker 14: Tough can you come back to?
Speaker 6: Me or did you get everybody?
Speaker 2: ALREADY i got?
Speaker 14: It Uh, NO i would say the Show, monday last show we Had monday after the Super. Bowl leaning that, way.
Speaker 11: Yes because we're going to do our Super bowl predictions and then we're we're not just going to review the Super. Bowl we're not going to go over.
Speaker 2: It we don't have. TO i don't know if anybody's gonna really. Care, OH i think some people would care now our Super bowl.
Speaker 12: Picks and we're going over them on really got to Get marvin's thoughts on the game last.
Speaker 2: NIGHT i don't know no.
Speaker 12: OFFENSE i, mean nobody's gonna be, LIKE i can't wait to your seat and break down the commercials.
Speaker 2: NECESSARILY i don't. Know god's got mock. Headlines very last show, Ever tod's got rhyme time every day is a Super?
Speaker 11: Bowl oh never, Mind.
Speaker 2: Well we have some. Time let this sink. In i'm not gonna lock Into friday Or. MONDAY i would lean Towards friday as we walk. Off it'd be kind of weird though, that you, know IF i had somebody who may not be that affiliated with the, show but maybe they were a good, guest and then all of a sudden we go okay and see you.
Speaker 12: Later you, know, well if our last guest Isn't Tim kawakami AND i.
Speaker 2: Don't know that we're doing this right? Wow Or versatile who is the columnist In? Arizona and, yeah because we could Have rich eyes in.
Speaker 12: Booked our very last guest is a shot At Rich Eisen, no, ACTUALLY, Ok i'd bring me back On, monday just.
Speaker 14: At a ten twelve year.
Speaker 13: Bit, yes does your wife get any vote because her whole idea was that you wrap it up at the place where you. Started that's why she, thought like the last.
Speaker 2: Time she just made this. Suggestion she's not part of the voting. Process, Yes, marma.
Speaker 11: Does your wife wants you to? Retire because she keeps pushing it? Back does she want me to? Retire good.
Speaker 2: Question she wants me to do WHAT i want to. Do she, says you you can't stay in one. Place you're, Fidgety you're, always you, know, moving AND i can't imagine that you're going to settle into. Retirement and, uh and she's, right but, no she's not pushing for.
Speaker 14: It, Yeah, paulie what do you think is a tough. Question but Since marvel brought, up what do you think you'll spend the next three weeks after the last show doing?
Speaker 2: Briefing, yeah, drinking feeling, sad you, know like WHEN i LEFT espn And i'm sitting on my front porch with my dog and no one's at, home And i'm, going what DID i just? Do what DID i just do to my?
Speaker 12: Life so it might be, That, yeah it is a very difficult thing to see, squarely, right in your, face that the world just moves. On oh like, This you're Out friday and By monday it's, like oh, yeah remember. That well here's my new show and they just move right. On it's a horrible, feeling, yes horrible, feeling, Yes And i'm sure THAT i will feel, that, Yes.
Speaker 13: Todd So paulie's, question do you see yourself home for a period of Weeks, maine, vermonths some far up country if you had to guess what that next number of weeks or month would, be where you would want.
Speaker 2: To be to ask and, answered, okay a quarter years and don't have to worry about that. Anyone, No, NO i have to fight.
Speaker 13: Someone else to pick on about every little thing THAT i. Say it would be a long stretch for.
Speaker 2: You kind of leading the. Witness, there go try it.
Speaker 13: Again where do you see yourself going once your last show is wrapped?
Speaker 2: UP i don't. Know If IF i ever Got italian, citizenship or at least my wife, did THEN i could see going there and maybe Learning. Italian that'd be kind of something, fun always right over. There BUT i started trying to Get italian citizenship in twenty, twenty and we have documents like and you, know all of a, sudden it's like they shut it. Down they kept moving the gold post. Here it's, like wait a, minute we got, everything my wife's, Family, wait we got, paper we got, everything and then all of a, sudden you, know dried, up and, UH i don't. Know MAYBE i just go go live there for a little. While, Yeah pauline do some.
Speaker 14: Morning radio And Daniellie patrick show in the.
Speaker 2: Morning. Yeah MAYBE i am In rome AND i Have Jim rome on yeah rome, Ebic, yeah wore pasta, yeah, yeah. Epic, yeah Maybe jim would want to do, that and maybe we could do a little podcast. TOGETHER i don't think we've had more than ten words with each, other have. WE i think we had, him do we have him? On in The tampa Super bowl Where jim was doing his, show AND i remember him saying SOMETHING.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 7: Know.
Speaker 2: DID i, Say, hey want to you, know some all go on your? Show and then he, said, oh you can't do. THAT i, Said i'll have you on my. Show we were going to do shows at the same.
Speaker 14: TIME i, Think, yeah THIS i think is back in THE espn days or. Yeah, yeah we were walking through The media. Center you ran Into Jim, rome who you didn't run it that. Much and you started chatting for honestly a, minute and he said you should come on my show sometime and you said any, time and then he kind of started to walk, away And you're, like let's do, it and he, goes oh at the same, time, yeah and you, said, yeah the same. Time we'll simulcast it on both, channels both.
Speaker 2: Networks, yeah because he, said, oh you're not allowed to do, that AND i, said, YEAH i. CAN i probably, couldn't BUT i thought that'd be kind of cool to Have jim. ON i have great respect for. HIM i, mean he's been doing it a, long long long. Time now they're him And, colin and you, know to be able to do it and still do it at a high. Level great respect for. That And colin just went. In he became A hall Of, famer got into The Sportscasting hall Of, Fame Radio hall Of. Fame, yes, okay, yeah all, right last. Call we didn't solve anything, THERE i don't think did.
Speaker 11: We when's our last?
Speaker 2: SHOW i don't. Know it's Either, friday a Super bowl week Or monday After that's. It those are the. Options we'll take a break. Here last call for phone calls just for today what we learn once in store tomorrow after.
Speaker 1: This Fox Sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in the. Nation catch all of our shows At Foxsports radio dot com and within The iHeartRadio. App SEARCH fsr to listen.
Speaker 2: Live sometimes he'll put my dog on camera and then she's barking at herself while she's there With. Tyler she doesn't know that she's looking at, herself but she's Protecting tyler from. Herself dogs are so, great, Yeah.
Speaker 14: Paulin do dogs understand words or the tone of the? Words when you say you gotta go?
Speaker 2: Out they?
Speaker 14: Understand or do they match it up over the?
Speaker 2: Years how does that?
Speaker 14: Work my dog responds to. Things but you guys know more about dogs THAN.
Speaker 2: I would think that they understand. Language there's certain words that they. Understand tone plays a big, part because if you know you say something that's, nice you usually say it in a nice. WAY i don't know if you could say something mean spirited but in a nice, way and then the dog's tail would be wagging like you're the worst dog in the. World you are, worthless.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 2: Know to the, CONTRARY i don't know if you could say something in a mean spirited. Way but it's you're the best. Dog you're the best. Dog you want to get hit by?
Speaker 12: Car want to get hit, Like, no let's go for a, walk and that hit by a, car they'd still be excited about.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Uh baker In, Illinois Hi, baker what's on your?
Speaker 5: Mind? Hey what's?
Speaker 2: Up?
Speaker 5: Guys i'm With bob on when you, quit you're going to leave a giant hole in the radio. Universe BUT i also had a best and. Worst the best was watching The World series seven and texting my son back and forth and calling him back and. Forth he's A dodgers. Fan and the worst is watching The packers run around like they're dressed up as The bears For. Halloween, wow.
Speaker 2: Those are bad. Uniforms they. ARE i DON'T i don't need to have retro that far, Retro, yes, yes Marm, yes if it's.
Speaker 11: Way too black and WHITE tv, retro then no seventies eighties.
Speaker 2: Yes patrick In, Arizona Hi, Patrick, dan.
Speaker 7: Good, Morning good morning to the day and net shout out to my Homie. Marvin, HEY i have a best investor of the. Weekend BUT i won't jump onto The dodger. Bandwagon been a longtime fan living here In. Arizona it's Great Chavez Stadium East kid in Downtown. Phoenix but beyond, that the best part of this weekend is daylight savings. Time because here In, arizona where we do not observe daylight savings, time means that On monday, morning The Dan Patrick show moves from six am to nine am to seven am to ten. AM i don't have to get up as early to get three hours of you, Guys and by, far that's the best of my weekend and best of my fall coming.
Speaker 2: Forward all righty, well thank You. Patrick how about that daylight savings? Time, yes Time, Mark dan light savings. Time, Okay, Larry i'm going to give you a bloop on. That i'm going to give you a bloop on. That greg And, Idaho Hi, greg what's on your mind? Today?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 5: Greg?
Speaker 2: Greg nick In La Hi? Nick what's on your mind? Today?
Speaker 5: Dan what's going?
Speaker 9: On?
Speaker 5: Attack each?
Speaker 9: Day with an, ENTHUSIASM i own the man time we are over here In la town of.
Speaker 6: Le getting ready for the.
Speaker 15: PARADE i got a best of the, weekend best of the weekend obviously the whole entire world series that was one of the best spectacles probably in best series that maybe we've seen over the last twenty five. YEARS a, best, Sir i've got the whole crew with some, momoss some bacon and.
Speaker 5: Bagels we are ready to go give him a.
Speaker 2: Shower all, right have fun, there. Boys good Luck buck In. Georgia, Hi, buck what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Today more TO.
Speaker 10: DP i got a best and the. Worst i'm gonna say the worst being The falcons falconing when they missed that extra.
Speaker 7: Point And i'll say the best is knowing that The falcons.
Speaker 10: Were going to be.
Speaker 6: Falcony, well thank, You.
Speaker 2: BUCK i thought The. FALCONS i said that they were going to win the. GAME i thought they were going to win it before the weekend. Started tough team to figure, Out, man tough team to figure, out And Drake may didn't. Play, wait you had your, Opportunity, Yeah, pauline.
Speaker 14: The falcons from week to, week they have The panthers, next The colts And panthers And saints coming.
Speaker 7: Up no.
Speaker 2: Idea, uh final results of the poll, Questions, Seaton, yeah we got.
Speaker 12: Two of them up there right now for, you both of them involving painful, losses, okay which is always a lot of. Fun worst loss this week and other Than Toronto bengals have that, one followed by The Miami, hurricanes then The colts and Then clemson and then the most painful loss. Ever we Have Blue Jays game, seven The falcon Super, bowl The Red sox in eighty, six or The cubs in two thousand and.
Speaker 2: Three right, now The falcon Super bowl has over half of that. Vote, yeah, Yeah how about this day in sports?
Speaker 14: History paul nineteen twenty, Nine dan The Providence, steamroller THE nfl team didn't even know they had, one was the first team to host a night game under. Floodlights the game was against The. Cardinals they. Won and nineteen fifty, three The Rules committee Of Organized baseball restored the sac fly of the sports at nineteen thirty, nine nineteen seventy, Two Joe namath on the cover Of life.
Speaker 2: Magazine nineteen ninety. Six kobe at the time became the youngest player to make ANF nba debut at eighteen, years two, months eleven days as they beat The timberwolves at The Great Western Form Did cooper flag surpass? That who is the youngest? Player? Marvin?
Speaker 14: Yeah Paul cooper turns nineteen In, december checking out.
Speaker 2: Well kobe was eighteen years and two, months So Cooper flag is not. Younger it says at the time the youngest player that was nineteen ninety. Six anybody younger than, That, Yeah, PAUL i.
Speaker 14: Have andrew bid them eighteen years and six days.
Speaker 4: Selected by the.
Speaker 14: TEAM i gotta see when he made his.
Speaker 2: Debut, Okay, todd would you learn?
Speaker 13: Today it WARMS Herm edward's heart to see teams playing very good defense and a STRONG d travels, well.
Speaker 2: Seatan don't take a big lead at. Third, YEAH i would. HAVE i would Have.
Speaker 11: Marvin The bengals lost the game but won the.
Speaker 14: Pole Question Paul, Random Andrew bynham Reference, Todd who DID i?
Speaker 13: Learn Josh allen has seventy seven rushing. Tds Barry sanders had ninety nine for his. Career draft could certainly get to one.
Speaker 6: Hundred