Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIIC.
Speaker 1: So, how to.
Speaker 3: Start investing in stocks? And the three of us get this question all the time, so we wanted to lead with that, and we want to break it down as simply as we can. And so first, you need a brokerage account. What is a brokerage account?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: A brokerage account, simply guys allows you to buy stocks, sales, stocks, invest okay. And so some of the more notable names you might know of or be familiar with, or you may not be Vanguard Fidelity. Those are two ones that has just been around for the test of time. Now and if you are thinking long term, these two entities are ones you want to consider. Fidelity Vanguard you want to think about once I do take this step to invest. Let me open up a Fidelity account, let me open up a Vanguard account. You want to start there with the premise in mind that you are thinking long term. Then you have everything from more newer apps, more user friendly like robin Hood, we Ball, interactive brokers, Tasty Trades, to name a few. So listen, guys, it starts with before you can invest, you have to have a brokerage account to even deploy your money too.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: And this is lateral from your job. This is separate from whatever you are getting at your place of employment. This is this is on you. The book came out, We're going to make sure this book become a number one bestseller. You deserve. This is about you. This is about you, guys. Okay, And so you need to make sure you have your own brokerage account. You're doing your your own investing. You're taking your you taking your own finances and affairs in your hand. Okay, next up.
Speaker 1: I'll take it.
Speaker 4: I'll take it even step further too, because I want to kind of expand on that a little bit because for some people like to even why investing is important on what a stock is, right, Like we talk about stocks as far as that's ownership and private companies and in this public companies, right, So the public companies, anybody can own it like Tesla, like Microsoft.
Speaker 1: A private company is like earn your leisure where only we own it. Right.
Speaker 4: So it's important to invest in these public companies because as their value goes up, your investment going to go up over the course of time as well. Right, So the only way we took about inflation, the only way to beat inflation is to actually invest, right, because that's how your money is actually working for you over the course of time. But another question that I get about the brokerage is like even like how to set it up, and it's it's really not too complicated.
Speaker 1: Guys, like you go to the app store and you.
Speaker 4: Download Charles Schwab is another one, or you download Fidelity and all of these these these apps and platforms have similar type of things where you just got to fill in your information. So they have to it's called like know your customer, right, so they're actually you're like your social the actually your number, your email. You have to provide this information. Guys like you can't try to, I ain't. You gotta provide You gotta provide information. Yeah, and then from there you link your bank account to it. This is important for people to fully understand as well, because they're like, well, how do I get money into the account?
Speaker 1: Right? I gotta fund it.
Speaker 4: You link your bank account to it, and then you fund it, and then that that funding goes both ways. So you put money in from your bank account, or put two thousand dollars for my bank account into Fidelity, and then when it's time to move for money from Fidelity to your bank.
Speaker 1: Account, vice versa, vice versa.
Speaker 4: But where it's hell that this is important but our retirement can.
Speaker 2: I give them a hack from what you just said. This is important too because that transaction time. It can if you're a new customer, that might take five to seven days. And so for us having money that we sent and we don't know where it's going and it's taking five to seven days. Is a new account opening you could fill a little ankst especially, but what you can do right and this is and this is a good tip.
Speaker 1: I use e trade and so when e.
Speaker 2: Trade, I found out the wire instructions, right, so when I get the all your instructions that come from e trade, now when I send the money. Right, let's say I'm sending five thousand dollars to my E trade account that's going to get there within thirty minutes rather than waiting five to seven days. And so yes, you can do the AH transfers with take three to five or maybe five to seven if it's your new account, or you can get your broke which is wire information, and have that money expedited because five to seven days in the market can change a lot. Right, like we saw over the past week, right on Monday's south By Friday, you could have lost a lot or you could have gained a lot. So you want to make sure that your money gets there in expedited fashion. Why in transfers is another way that you can you can hack that.
Speaker 1: Then the last day I say before we move on, is that I used to get this a lot.
Speaker 4: When people are talking about their four one ks, they'll have a four one K, the money's coming out of it that they're checking it. Their money's coming out of their paycheck, and they automatically assume that it's being invested. I asked, like, what are you investing in? They're like, I don't know, did not see their statements, and they're not actually invested in anything. When your money goes into a broken account, it goes into what's called.
Speaker 1: The money market.
Speaker 4: That's like a six's account pretty much for a brokerage account, like it's sitting on the sideline. You have to direct where the money's going. So the next thing we'll talk about like actual investments. But don't think that. Okay, I opened up a Fidelity A link it to my Chase bank account. I put two thousand dollars from Chase into Fidelity, and now I'm invested into the stock market. That's not you're not int But like I said, that how it works. That actually happened. Like I said, I see, I see that. What I saw that with retirement when I was a financial bid, I used to see that with retirements people have money they used to have like twenty fifty thousand dollars into their retirement.
Speaker 1: Account because they didn't. They didn't.
Speaker 4: They would never fully educated that you had to pick something, and they just the default for their retirement plans was a money market account until they decided what they wanted to do with the money. They never decided what they wanted to do with the money, and the money was not growing. It's not a money market is not invested right, that's like a like zero, it's sitting on it's sitting on the sideline side. That's just important. Just because you open it, you put it in. Now from there, you have to actually put into it.
Speaker 1: That's a fact, Chris.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go back up to this slide where we're looking at the brokerages. Yeah, is there one that you prefer all the other or is this case by case? Like I know, each trade is not on there. Everybody euyou knows. I love E trade, but I'm using trade so not because for informational purposes. It's easier for me. I love the way that we can get information. Is there is there one that is preferred the.
Speaker 3: Other Vanguard for long term, I prefer for strictly long term and or Fidelity. You can't go wrong if that's the mindset. I'm buying holding this for at least ten years. Vanguard and Fidelity are phenomenal. E Trade robinhood in one finance. Some of those other ones are good too, because they provide even more information and news and other things that it is helpful to the user. So there's no order. But except for the long term piece, Fidelity and Vanguard are the ones you not trying to trade in. Those will Vanguard at least, you're not using that to be a trader. You're trying to your purpose intently trying to invest.
Speaker 5: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally, do what's right.
Speaker 1: Leave.
Speaker 5: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,