Speaker 1: Well, thirty four to go shotgun snap, Browning back steps up in the pocket, wires are passed down the.
Speaker 2: Middle, stept in Alex high Smith ranging facts.
Speaker 1: Okay, Alex, First of all, how did the team defense respond? Do you think in camp and then leading up to this first game against Faltons. Yeah, I'm just excited to know for what we're gonna do in week one. I think we had a really good, really good preseason, a really good ota He's really good camp and so I was just awesome to see these guys, see all of us jelling together, and so I just decided to see what we do week one. So we got a lot of new guys, and a lot of guys are coming in and gonna make a huge impact pack for us, and a lot of guys back from last year.
Speaker 2: So I'm really excited.
Speaker 1: One of those new guys that it's hard not to get excited about is Patrick Queen. What have you seen from him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, he's he's he's gonna be the leader, the quarterback of our defense. And so he's a guy who's you know, he's a better in this league, you know, with the same class twenty twenty class, and so It's awesome just having a guy as a stud. You know, he's he's he's gonna come in and be awesome for us, and he's he's gonna make a lot of plays for us. And he's got he's got that dog in him. So I'm excited to take the fell with him every single game.
Speaker 1: You and TJ Watt have been such a great pass rushing duo and a disruptive force. TJ is closing in on one hundred career sacks. You think that's a big milestone.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I mean, you know, he's already a Legendly I feel like, you know, to get to to a hundred, that that puts you, that to put you in a rare category. And so it just shows to who he is as not only as a football player, but also as a person as well. Is the way he works and so he loves this game and he takes it seriously and you see how hard he works and it pays off for him on the field, and so that moment is gonna be special when he gets to one hundred sacks. So looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Mike thomlins On no need to get certain guys out there during the preseason yourself, t J Watt, Cam Hayward even on special team. He said, I'm not gonna play Miles skilled, but I know he can do. So this provides opportunities for young guys. Nick Herbick, who makes him splash last year, had a really really impressive preseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we all knew who was going to these guys coming into your too now. And so he's a brother, said, you know, he's a stud, and you know when he came in last year, he's making plays and making splash plays for us, and he's gonna do the same this year. And so I'm just excited to see what he does for us this year. And I think the three of us are gonna just gonna make a lot of noise this year. So I'm really excited for it.
Speaker 1: Going into year five, yourself, what are you looking for? What are your own personal expectations?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just to be better than everything that I was last year and just continue to get better in all years of my game. Ultimately, the main goal is to win the Super Bowl. So whatever I can do to help this team get to that, you know, that's my goal. And just so I've got a faster and stronger this offseason and so just working on my moves and find those. So I'm looking forward to just going out there and stepping on the field and showing what I've been working for.
Speaker 1: The quality of competition, the team's changed from year to year. Atlanta made a lot of moves in the offseason. You're going down on the road to face them to start the twenty twenty four season. What are your thoughts about the Falcons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, they're a good team. You know, they got a lot of new guys. You know, they got they got Kirk Cousins and free agency and also drafted some some guys as well, and so it's gonna be a you know, tough but I'm looking forward to it. Those two nations are gonna be, you know, showing out and showing up for that game. And so it's definitely gonna be a tough game. It's gonna be a fun one. It's gonna be a hard fall one. And so they tell every game is in the NFL, you know, everyone is, you know, everyone's good in this league, and so you just gotta bring your a game every time. And so we gotta do that going into Atlanta, And so I can't wait for that matchup,