Speaker 1: If I was playing in the seventies, eighties, and nineties era, it would be how many players does it take the tackle the groncula and it would take the whole entire team, buddy, especially in the seventies the eighties, probably just you know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to take anything from them in their in their generations because I have respect.
Speaker 4: That's a good way to put it.
Speaker 1: My answer was just silly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, but you are a beast. You probably will.
Speaker 4: I take it back. I would have been on the bench.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Dudes on Dudes.
Speaker 4: I'm Julian Edelman, I'm Rob Gronkowski, and.
Speaker 3: This is the show where your favorite dudes get to talk about their favorite dudes.
Speaker 1: And today we're hitting the hotline to answer your voice mails. That number is five six one two zero three, five seven eight nine.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about today?
Speaker 4: To post game meals?
Speaker 3: Brisket, chicken burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, goo sauce, ranch, honey mustard.
Speaker 1: Who will benefit the most playing fork vrabel, It only matters about one.
Speaker 2: How's drake making play.
Speaker 1: And what it's really like at a rookie mini camp. And then literally showed up and dominated every single day.
Speaker 2: Vastly different than mine.
Speaker 3: And then we wrap it up with the chill is color in this week's chill is due to the week presented by Core's Light. You gotta stick around to the very end.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Dudes on Dudes is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Great to Be Back in Boston Episode It's here.
Speaker 2: In Boston, m h. It's always nice to be back. It's home.
Speaker 1: And what's the first thing that you do, Jules when you're back in Boston. I know you like your spots.
Speaker 4: That you eat at.
Speaker 1: You know, a spot where you go think you're a coffee at, a spot where you you know, go sip some champagne app But what's the truest first thing that you do?
Speaker 3: I went to Mike and Patties Redsman Sandwich I liked. I liked their their what's their their og with It's like their housemade English muffin medium over fried egg, American cheese, sausage and a Seracha ketchup on there. I get it because it reminds me of the facility. Remember I used to get the sausage Egan cheese m That was like my first meal the day after my smoothies.
Speaker 2: It would be a sausage egan cheese.
Speaker 4: You're making me hungry for breakfast right now.
Speaker 2: I know, dude. And they cook it, Mike and patties.
Speaker 3: They cook the egg perfect, like it's an over medium, so it's like it's not like Geeson in your face when you cut it.
Speaker 4: Jesus, I'm not hungry anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes it gets sloppy when you have like an over easy egg and a burst while you take your and I'm over here having to get wet white.
Speaker 2: That's what I get.
Speaker 3: What's the first thing you get or do when you come back, Well.
Speaker 1: In the city of Boston, the first thing I typically do is drive through the city to get to your place, you know, so I get to see all the trees, how blossomed they are when the sun is out, you know, all the people crossing the street, just feel the energy of the whole city and why it's such a great city. And you actually really see why it is when you drive through the city on a nice day. I mean there's so many people outside shopping, going out to eat, you know, for lunch, dinner, whatever it is, and it's just really, really cool to see and you feel, you know, that energy of Boston strong as well. So that's the first thing that I see when I go through city because I don't live in the city, but uh, you know, and I usually get the Cowboy Ribi steak from Davio's at Patriot Place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's easy. He's close to you too.
Speaker 1: I order a curbside pickup, curbside pickup, and that's why I I still you know, I do it.
Speaker 4: You know it's a go to because I just put.
Speaker 2: The order on.
Speaker 3: It's a gronk side. What do you like And it's probably like a green you have some kind of.
Speaker 1: Green sparaguess that makes your pee stinky.
Speaker 3: You know, which is a gene by the way, Now it doesn't make everything. Not everyone smells or produces that smell. Really Yeah, it's it's a gene morph there's something that morphs in your gene that allows you.
Speaker 2: To have that.
Speaker 3: I got in a huge argument about it because I read about it. Well, I didn't read about it.
Speaker 1: I saw scientific evidence by Julian Attelman. TikTok scientific evidence by Julian Atolman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, TikTok about asparagus. TikTok source I think peace smell or not. Yeah, only if you have the gene and then once your start, I have the gene.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm a potato guy, but like garlic mashed potatoes.
Speaker 3: Garlic mash now like a grotten what's in the gratten? The grattens where they like scallop the potatoes and then they saute them and then they put the cheese and like the creaminess in it, and then they go and bake it. So it's like like the thin potatoes.
Speaker 1: So kind of like a twice baked potato.
Speaker 3: No, twice baked potatoes where they carve it out and they mash it and then they put in all the juices and then they put it back in the skin. This is they scallop the potato, so they thinly slice it.
Speaker 2: They sawtatoes.
Speaker 3: They put it in a cream cheese sauce, layer of cheese on the top, bake it and it becomes casserolely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a garlic mashed potato guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Gronk likes it.
Speaker 2: Easy. Let's get in some calls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it. Let's answer some voice mails. Voicemails these are my favorite.
Speaker 5: Hey, Jules Gonk, what was your favorite meal you would enjoy.
Speaker 1: See this is why I love these questions, love answering, like what's my favorite meal? We were just talking about our first thing that we do when we get to Boston, and it's you going to Mike and Patty's Breakfast Spy and ordering a sandwich, and I'm going to Davio's place and ordering the Cowboy Ribbi for curbside pickup. While this guy wants to know what our favorite meal was after a game after game, and I would say whatever the spread was that the Newingham Patriots was providing, you know, because after a game, you can bring your family and friends in, you know, in like inside the tunnel tunnel to meet them after the game, you know, to see your family and friends.
Speaker 4: And then they would have this huge.
Speaker 1: Spread the new Engham Patriots would provide and there would be burgers, hot dogs, chicken tenders with barbecue sauce, ranch, honey, mustard, whatever sauce you want with those chicken tuenders, all tons of drinks that were lined up, you know as well, they.
Speaker 3: Always had a Southern kind of food. There was always like because a lot of the guys come from the South, so there was brisket, there was fried chicken, there'd be like beans, and there'd be callie greens, and then they have like the whiter stuff.
Speaker 2: They'd be like.
Speaker 3: Broccoli and like chicken fingers and like roasted barbecue burgers and hot.
Speaker 2: Dog you know.
Speaker 3: So like they hit a little bit of everything. You know, you got the soul food and then you had like, you know, the.
Speaker 2: White food.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you got you got hip both parties, right, you got hip, both party got it.
Speaker 4: The Patriots did not discriminate.
Speaker 2: They did not discriminate on food.
Speaker 4: So I now the quality of the food actually, yeah, you're right. The quality of this food was.
Speaker 1: Actually perfect for the quality that you wanted after a game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, put it down.
Speaker 2: It's comfort food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to try to eat at like a Tom Brady meal after a football game. No, it's hard to put down, you know, all the emotions, the hits. You want to put down a cheeseburger with ketchup at mayonnaise. But my favorite thing to do was take those chicken tenders and just dunk them in as much barbecue sauce that you possibly could and as much ranch or blue cheese as you possibly could. And that was my favorite co two meal after a game. Was those chicken tenders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember Gronk usually would take like four boxes of the chicken fingers back to his house. I would, and like you would go to his house after the game and there would be a spread of what we had a spread of at the post game. Hey, guys want some chicken fingers, So I'd say the chicken fingers too, Rob Let's go to the next question.
Speaker 2: Look at the look at the speaker.
Speaker 1: Oh where, Oh, no way, no way, Jose. I love that color too, like that light blue.
Speaker 4: What kind of blue is this?
Speaker 2: That's I think that is Carolina blue.
Speaker 4: Carolina blue.
Speaker 1: It like really shines, like I would look really good with a T shirt that is this color.
Speaker 2: It would bring out your eyes would and your tan so look good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, thank you light for this wonderful cooler with speakers on it.
Speaker 2: That's always the best.
Speaker 6: What's up, Gronk and Jules. This is Greg from Delaware, big Pats fan and even bigger fan of the Dudes on Dudes podcast. So I was wondering with Josh McDaniels back at offensive coordinator, who's definitely a whiz by the way, I was wondering if you guys could speak to any qualities that it takes to play in a Josh McDaniels offense, and any any qualities to look out for with the NFL Draft coming up, if there's any type of qualities you would see in a rookie.
Speaker 1: Well, before you start answering this question, Julian, I'm going to leave this one for you, well, majority of it. But he's a big Patriots fan and he's even a bigger fan of the Dudes on Dudes podcast. So we made it, brother, We made it. We made it because he's Patriot fans. They're big fans. Yeah, they're all in with the Patriots, so that means they're all in with Dudes on Dudes.
Speaker 4: So we appreciate you, brother, Thank you, Thank you. Greg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say a good prerequisite to have as a personality or a player in Josh's system is being a smart, tough football player that performs under pressure. That's what he's gonna preach. You know, if you can remember your formations, if you're a smart guy, you could you can be a versatile guy. You could play multiple positions, which you get that vibe out of Hendrickson in the second round that they drafted a guy that could play that third down running back, pick up protections, put him out in the Kevin Falks spots in the slot in the past game on those Tiger formations and stuff like. I think Josh is gonna be great for that. So like being a tough guy that's smart, that knows how to get on the same page with Josh. I mean, it's not rocket science, but you just can't. You just got to be able to take in the install which I'm excited.
Speaker 7: M hm.
Speaker 4: You hit it right on the nose. Brother.
Speaker 1: And one other thing is that he gives everyone an opportunity to shine and show case your skills. So when you get that opportunity, especially if you're an undrafted free agent or if you're like a seventh round or sixth rounder, you got to shine in those opportunities. And if you don't shine in those opportunities, it's going to be the next man up. And he's gonna let you know that too, So make sure you take advantage of those opportunities. That's what you did, Julian, That's what I did. And you got to be consistent as well out there on the football field. He loves consistent players.
Speaker 3: But he's going to give you an opportunity, and it's going to be one of your strengths. You know, you may only get that nugget once or twice. Whatever your your strength is and your route, type of route you run, or your quickness or your.
Speaker 2: Lung, he's going to give you that.
Speaker 3: You just got to make that play and that's how you continue to gain his trust. And the more plays you make, the more opportunities you get. So that's what I think. Smart, tough football players perform under pressure.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 8: How about this new hope being from Chicago, I mean, anything but the Bears hopes this season?
Speaker 7: Yo?
Speaker 2: When when I found out when the smoke comes out? Right?
Speaker 3: Is that the smoke came out? That's right with the little pigeon? I saw the video. Yeah, the smoke comes out. New Pope from Chicago. When that came out, I went down to Vegas and I put a future bet that they would make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I mean, the.
Speaker 3: Pope went to the goddamn White Sox game back in twenty whatever.
Speaker 4: It might happen.
Speaker 3: They fucking sweeped them, didn't They swept hot them.
Speaker 4: Swept Houston. This guy's after the Pope was there Game one.
Speaker 2: It literally swept them. It's gonna literally take a pope.
Speaker 3: To make the Chicago Bears pretty good.
Speaker 1: Now they're not gonna make the super Bowl, but they're gonna make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Because you make the playoffs, that's that's making it. That's that's big for them. That's a big step.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Bears also got hope that the Pope is praying for them every single day as well.
Speaker 4: So that's behind them. I mean, thump Bears, dump Bears, Bears.
Speaker 1: The mice be playoff decency because of the Pope.
Speaker 2: They gotta pope before they got a four thousand yard passer.
Speaker 1: Huh, they sure did.
Speaker 2: Things are looking up.
Speaker 3: They got they got Johnson, they got a couple of linemen, they got the Pope.
Speaker 2: Look, this is the Barrett season.
Speaker 1: They're hoping that Cal makes that second year step.
Speaker 3: This is if there's any step to be made. I'm banking that the Pope. You got the Pope. You don't even have to be Catholic.
Speaker 4: All your money on the Bears making the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, hope everyone goes and puts all their buddy on and they go fucking three.
Speaker 4: And while I'm going sixteen. I'm gonna back it up. I'm gonna put some I did.
Speaker 3: I told you I saw the pigeon video of smoke from the Vatican. I saw I've been there.
Speaker 2: I've seen it. I saw a little dudes touching.
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna be rich.
Speaker 2: Next question, all right.
Speaker 9: All right, so let me get right down to business here, greatest tight end, whoever stepped foot on the grid iron jewels, the greatest catch that need a super Bowl foot of all time, blue guy, slot guy, nasty player, so non football ready. Question yet, what is the worst circumstance either of you have that to take shit in? Because honestly, I just woke up. I got one motor into the chamber here, and I think it's going to be a band. All right, so let's take it easy to keep up good work.
Speaker 1: I really like this guy. I mean the props that he gave us, and then just great intro, just whatever, just totally went off the beaten path and just brought that situation up.
Speaker 2: But we were just talking about shit.
Speaker 1: We were how I just took fifteen act of wet dumps in the last two days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went to got a little second.
Speaker 1: What was going through me, But we were just talking about it before we started this show.
Speaker 4: A great question right here.
Speaker 1: But I have the perfect scenario where it's the worst place to take a dump, especially for a guy my size, and that's on an airplane in the sky. It's like truly impossible for me already to go in there and take a piss at a comfort level. I mean, my elbow is basically sticking out in the hallway of the airplane still and the door won't even close, you know how you got closed that door.
Speaker 4: For door light to go on. The light's never going on with me in there.
Speaker 1: And I had to take a dump one time, and I was praying to the Pope that he would pray for me and not the damn Chicago Bears anymore, just to get me through that situation of taking the dump on the plane.
Speaker 2: Are you Are you the worst?
Speaker 3: Are you sitting on the toilet like I gotta do this quick because people are definitely saw me go to the bathroom. They definitely saw Rob Gronkowski.
Speaker 4: Alf I don't care about that situation.
Speaker 3: So you're sitting in there as long as you can, Harry and fucking dub and Dumber blowing up the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I don't care if I am comfortable enough if someone saw me taking a dump.
Speaker 4: Whippy dippy.
Speaker 1: Do you know my buck crack has been pulled out plenty of times in games? He's not that picture on there. Google it Gronk bluck crack. While getting tackled the Baltimore Ravens playoff game, my whole ass is showing, like you know, just add a little piece of pooping there and then you see me pooping. But uh, what I worry about in that bat was my butt cheeks hitting that damn toilet.
Speaker 2: So are you hovering or do you hovering? I'm hovering, So you're doing a squat the whole time you're shooting.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's what makes it really get the toilet. No, no, it's not even.
Speaker 2: Worse spatting the toilet.
Speaker 3: We usually spat your ankles, you put ta and then you put the toilet paper on.
Speaker 4: You're also worried.
Speaker 1: I spat turbulence as well while squatting over the toilet.
Speaker 4: Turbulence is a mine.
Speaker 2: Have you ever missed the ball?
Speaker 4: I never missed the ball?
Speaker 1: No, I never actually had. I only took a dump one time, and thank you to the pope. He didn't make their make any turbulence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's a tough predicament to take a ship in for me. My my worst. He's got one in the chambers. He's got double dumping before ten o'clock over here. I'd say anytime you got you're on a date or something right, like a first time date. It's literally like the dumb and dumber script. That's like the worst situation, or like if you.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, babe, guys go, I just gotta go to the bathroom real quick.
Speaker 3: Or when you shot a little like you're and you don't have anywhere to take a ship.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the worst.
Speaker 3: The shot is you thought it was a fart, but it was a little shit, but you caught it. But it could be a little moist in there. Which girls hate that.
Speaker 1: Oh that Yeah, girls do hate that. They either want to they either want just a clean or they don't want no like a chart or it's wet and firety.
Speaker 4: They're like that's disgusting, Like whatever, it's just a clean, loud one.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 4: It's fine anyway, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's manly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, charts are are bad.
Speaker 2: Short no shirts. Let's go to the last next one.
Speaker 9: Pay Jules take wrong.
Speaker 7: You know, the boys and I were shitting down here in brov. That's gonna go watch your buddy play lacrosse. You know, this kind of came across our minds. Why are manholes shaped in a circle? Like, why not a square? Why not a triangle? Let's cut the circle. I don't know, we just want to know what you guys thought. Stupid question, but oh well.
Speaker 4: What is a manhole?
Speaker 2: Why why are they circle?
Speaker 3: Becuz, dude, that's the Ninja turtles went down there and they like pizza and it looks like a pizza and they used to throw it like a pizza.
Speaker 2: Dude. It's fucking this easy. Science, Dude, I didn't even know what a manhole was. It's the sewer drained thing. Huh. Yeah, triangles because circle right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a triangle, like just want to go right?
Speaker 2: No, because that's circle of life. Dog. Yeah, you don't put a square up there?
Speaker 4: What what Julian's said?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: With the Ninja turtles, don't you remember in the Science don't you remember in the video game, they would come up and they would like throw them science, the circle on the manhole cannot fall into the hole.
Speaker 4: That's science. We'll be right back after this quick break.
Speaker 5: Hi, Gronk Jewels. This is Jos from Michigan. There's all these questions about whether one hundred humans can take on the one gorilla. How many gronks and jewels do you think it would take to take one down? And what would your strategy be? Thanks, guys, how.
Speaker 3: Many gronks and jewels? I'd say, like, are we didn't? They say the simulation would even one thousand, ten thousand wouldn't be able to do it.
Speaker 2: Are are we kidding?
Speaker 1: Ten thousand humans wouldn't be able to take that one gorilla and an AI simulation.
Speaker 2: No, how big is broken eyes? I think it.
Speaker 3: I think it would take two and one hundred gronks.
Speaker 1: To take down a gorilla. Yeah, I mean a hundred. Just normal people can't take down a gorilla. They're saying the gorilla wins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They're like, dude, put it in the same put it in AI. Let's see what AI sounds.
Speaker 3: An average silver back, which was one of the strongest, most powerful, six two hundred, scrappy, tough, quick, gritty, but not overpoweringly strong.
Speaker 2: Oh what come on, dude, that's weak. Come on, AI, that's fucking week.
Speaker 4: I was strong.
Speaker 2: Watch the tape.
Speaker 3: One of the strongest tight ends in NFL history, Rob Greenkowski, known for absurd strength, durability, and blocking ability. So look, are they coordinated? Yes, they may be, Fewer are needed. If it's a chaotic swarm, the gorilla could take them down at one time. Do they know it's a fight till death? If yes, their NFL instincts would help, But gorillas fight to kill, not to win on points stamina. Gorillas are fast and explosive, but humans may outlast them.
Speaker 2: If it goes.
Speaker 3: Long distraction versus attack rolls. A few Edelmans distracting good. Let gronks go for joint holds or leverage. One gronk and one edman gorilla wins easily. Two gronks and three Edelmans still loses, but maybe a moral victory if they last more than ten seconds. I gronks, five Edelmans. Now it gets interesting. If gronk coordinates, tackles while Edelman distracts and gouges eyeballs, maybe they win. Ten gronks ten Edelmens enough mass and force to potentially subdu a gorilla through sheer numbers. So they're saying ten of us.
Speaker 1: Ten gronks and ten addle knuts will take down a gorilla.
Speaker 2: So gronk.
Speaker 3: So like, the first five of me are probably going to get decapitated, ripped out and fucking gallo.
Speaker 4: But that's the distraction.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then like the second ten of me or the second five of me, if I can get on and like, because I've seen little ass like cats get on them. If I get on and I grab an eyeball and he's bite me and stuff, you gotta go.
Speaker 2: Straight for dick. Oh, you go straight. You tell your your five other ones go one goes for dick.
Speaker 1: Like we all know what a horse cock is, but like, what's a gorilla call?
Speaker 2: It's small, but it's small.
Speaker 4: So but it's a poet small.
Speaker 2: Feel does he feel dick pain? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think I think the first five means would see them. The second gorilla cock.
Speaker 1: Is only one point one inches long. All right, I'll go for it. I'll rip it right off of him while you're distracting. So if you rip that off, you gotta do what. You gotta feel pain.
Speaker 4: That would hurt. That's like, that's like his funny bone.
Speaker 2: Now we only have like how do we.
Speaker 3: You gotta get the hardest part of your You got that things hard?
Speaker 1: What would the first five of me do? So the first five of you got no where the distractions and basically demolished, and now the other five of you are on his back and just throwing a claw and ripping an eyeballs out.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's one of me going for his cock.
Speaker 1: That we already established that, But what about the other first four of me and then the last five of me?
Speaker 3: Like like, I think each one goes for extremity. Okay, if each one goes for an arm, elect everyone go for one. Mm hmm, okay, everyone go for one. Can we take a shoelace off? Because if I take shoelace off and I fucking strangle this guy, I still think we don't have a shot.
Speaker 4: No, we do. We do. It just takes a ton of us each.
Speaker 2: Dude that I think that the AI is dumb, that AI is real dumb. Let's get on the next one. Dude, I'm getting anxiety.
Speaker 8: All right, Dude, what's the craziest pregame routine you ever saw a former teammate? Have anybody have any crazy superstitions either?
Speaker 1: You know, you really don't see like your teammates routines because you're kind of really focusing what's going on, you know, with what you got to do and what your routine is, and you're getting ready for the game. I mean, you see some guys just you know, just blasting absurdly loud music.
Speaker 2: Nay, but that really that's only on practice.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, that would be practic, you're right, game day they want to allow it. So like, there really wasn't any crazy routines that I've ever seen by another former player.
Speaker 2: Nothing that stands out.
Speaker 1: No, And if there was, I mean, it was kind of like it wasn't in the public eye in the locker room. It was kind of like at home, whatever they were doing beforehand.
Speaker 3: Everyone's in the zone, man, you got yeah, you know, it's it's kind of calm before the storm.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, nothing crazy at all. Everyone would just say normal, normal routines. Everyone differs a little bit, But it wasn't anything like spectacularly crazy, like wall, look at it. Look what he's doing is just all everyone getting ready, getting in his own If I was.
Speaker 10: I was just calling in with a crazy hypothetical. Say you taking a cross country road trip? First, are you taking the northern route? Or the Southern route. Second, what vehicle would you choose? And then third, you could bring anybody with you as a companion or multiple people. Leasing who are you bringing with you? Celebrities, former teenmates, you name it, leve me.
Speaker 1: You guys, man way road tripping though, that's all I know. I ain't gonna take the guys that uh we're in the movie road Trip.
Speaker 2: No no, no, that was a that was a bum is on your face. My bumm is on your face.
Speaker 3: I don't remember it that that well. I remember the bum song.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 3: Where are you going north or south?
Speaker 1: I'm going uh, I'm going uh West. It's longer south, you know, you get the Carolinas Virginia is like and then.
Speaker 4: You're in Florida already.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to go cross countries, longer, more sustainable, ball but you gotta.
Speaker 2: Go this way.
Speaker 3: So it's either the Southern route or the Northern route.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Southern route then, so you're gonna you're gonna go alley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hurricanes, And.
Speaker 1: The vehicle of choice would be like an r V.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going like a camper. I'm going original h one, I'm going northern. I'm going through the fucking mountains, the cold. I know this thing's and be able to do it. We don't got no hurricanes. We don't have tornado balanches. Hey, we got avalanche packs though. I'm bringing blizzards. Yeah, I'm bringing Dom Deer, remember Dom the Navy. Yeah, beast, I'm bringing him. Is this like an apocalyptic thing or is this just like for fun and like ships and giggles like uh, stampedes stampedes like yeah, Yellowstone.
Speaker 1: Stampede of like rams and deer and mooses all gathering.
Speaker 2: The guy in buffaloeend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a guy damn interstate taking the interstate the whole way.
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking like when you get in the middle of nowhere. The interstate doesn't have any border. It's just just there's das left and Right's.
Speaker 3: Fucking a wild stampede of horses are just coming around of nowhere and hit me. I got it, h one. They better, they better bring their sucking their power.
Speaker 1: And I would bring Stephen Ridley with me. Guys an outdoors guy outdoors. Yeah, he's from Louisiana. He goes hunting all the time. He knows the South, yeah he does. He plays golf as well. Yeah, so we could stop and hit a couple of golf balls for fun if we need some entertainment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm bringing I'm bringing light too.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a good choice.
Speaker 2: Smart.
Speaker 3: He knows the he knows Ohio. He's from Ohio. He knows all the fucking those those areas. But he probably goes like bow hunting and Dakota's and ship. You know, he's definitely caught some bears somewhere in those areas.
Speaker 2: Wyoming. I don't know, but I know.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get stampeded.
Speaker 2: Next trip, next question, right, hey.
Speaker 10: Fellas, I was just wondering, back when you're playing days, how often would you guys go up to eat with other members of the team and uh, wholy went with you? What restaurants did you?
Speaker 7: Jack?
Speaker 1: That's Jack, Oh my gosh, man, And I'm like, oh, I'm like, oh man, this sounds like somebody we know.
Speaker 4: Oh Jack, we miss your buddy, We miss you. Bob's but grabbing with the boys, we would go out to.
Speaker 1: Eat like once a week on like a Friday night.
Speaker 2: We were young a lot, Yeah, and then we got old. Every week start you get you stopped.
Speaker 1: So when we were young, once a week, once a week.
Speaker 3: Remember, we'd always go find a little spot Friday ds fletch.
Speaker 4: That's what it was all about.
Speaker 2: Go get a steak, some.
Speaker 3: Steakhouse, yep, or a Greek fucking restaurant with Koda VID's. We'd find one Greek restaurant in every goddamn city.
Speaker 2: We'd we'd, we would. We would eat the.
Speaker 1: Breaking glass and dancing on the table.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fucking twisting light bulbs and shit.
Speaker 11: Hey, what's going on, guys, Gronk, Julian. My name is Kyle. I'm from Worcester, Massachusetts.
Speaker 7: Huge fans.
Speaker 11: You guys basically changed my my family, family's lives growing up. Watching you guys meant a lot to all of us.
Speaker 9: Anyways, my question is, how do you.
Speaker 11: Guys think both of you would have fared playing football back in the seventies, eighties, nineties when the game was a little bit more physically taxing and there wasn't as many rules that benefited offensive players. I personally think someone like Gronk would have dominated in any single era because look at him. And I'm not saying you wouldn't, Julian, but I just want to know, you know, get you guys' opinions on that everybody's always comparing eras and stuff like that. So thank you, guys, love the show.
Speaker 1: Well we got that, you know that take going on right now. How many humans would it take to take down a gorilla? And we already talked about that. How many gronks and Julians would have take down to take down a gorilla?
Speaker 2: While if I was playing.
Speaker 1: In the seventies, eighties, and nineties era, it would be how many players does it take the tackle the groncula and it would take the whole entire team, buddy, especially in the seventies, the eighties probably just you know.
Speaker 4: Well, the thing is eleven guys on defense.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't go low on you because the nineties they tried to blow you.
Speaker 4: The nineties they got bigger. The guys are small.
Speaker 1: In the seventies would have dominated just to a whole another level. Nineties, Oh, I would have taken like five six guys to take me down.
Speaker 3: Then, well, we played in that football in the nineties as as kids, so like we were accustomed to the style of football. It trands, you know, it started softening halfway through our career, really to a noticeable softening now, like rule changes and all that stuff. But yeah, I don't know. I mean, those guys are tough. It's a different game. Like you watch Terry Bradshaw getting clothesline, picking up his fucking teeth and stuff. How he long, you know, ripping a guy's helmet off like it was. Those guys were barbaric like. So I like to think that I tried to play the game like those guys.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to take anything from them in their in their generations, because you know that that's I have respect.
Speaker 4: That's a good way.
Speaker 1: My answer was just silly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you are a beast. You probably, I take it back.
Speaker 4: I would have been on the bench. Yep.
Speaker 12: Next question, which player on the Patriots do you think will benefit most from Mike Vrabel this year?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: I would say somebody on the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter which It only matters about one. How's Drake making to play? Okay, because that's the only one that really. I mean, everyone matters, The whole team matters, The whole link of the chain matters.
Speaker 2: But there.
Speaker 3: I know, but the master link, that's how they're that's how we're all going to judge them. How's Drake Magan to do? Because as good as he's gonna do, is gonna make the team do well, you know what I mean. So that's the only thing that really does matter. Does he influence and make Drake may better? Which I think he will because he's got Josh McDaniels.
Speaker 2: I like that system.
Speaker 3: He's going to be a great overall head coach that can coach the coaches and all the players, you know, because he has a good offensive coordinator that I think that they know each other and then have a working relationship where he can watch the whole team in the offensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: Guy wants to know which guy is gonna benefit the most, though not the organization as a whole. Which guy is gonna benefit the most?
Speaker 2: Which guy?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Who do you think I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna go with?
Speaker 1: A defensive player that he took from the Tennessee Titans and brought him to Edge guy Patriots? Didn't he bring edge what's his name?
Speaker 4: Harold Landry?
Speaker 1: He brought Harold Landry from the Tennessee Titans to the New England Patriots. And that's who's gonna benefit the most. And he already benefited from it because he probably wouldn't be a New England Patriot if it wasn't for Vrabel coming here to be the head coach of the of the Patriots. So Harold Landry is the guy that's benefiting the most bank account wise, having a job wise and scheme wise on the defen in.
Speaker 4: The side of the ball.
Speaker 2: You know that that simple math.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back after this quick break. Let's get into the Chillis Dude of the week, brought to you by our favorite beer, corps Light. Get cors Light delivered straight to your door. Visit Coreslight dot com, slash dudes and celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 2: Is there something here?
Speaker 1: Of course there's a Coors Light in there. Rocket science Jules, celebrate responsibly And once again, that was another great batch of phone calls. We appreciate you listeners for calling in, asking questions and.
Speaker 4: Letting us answer well and share our knowledge.
Speaker 3: But Roberto, yes, what is that? We've got one more. Here is the Chillis Collar of the week, brought to you by cors Light and Mount Wilson.
Speaker 4: Well cheers to the Chillis Caller of the week.
Speaker 12: Wrong, Jools, don't do this is the best quick question for you. It's mini camp season right now. You both you both had different paths the NFL Gronk second round, Jewels seventh round. Can you explain what your first off season was like from you know that April when you when you get on the team, all the way up to like the first game of the season, like you see all these OTAs and this and this and rookies and this. Can you just give some more details and some explanation on what that whole process is like.
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I'll go first here, Jules. This is a great question because I was kind of in a different situation here. The lockout occurred after my rookie year, so I never had an off season, and he asked specifically, I'm pretty sure your first off season was like. So that's why I'm going into my first off season because I never had a typical NFL off season because I was off for six months straight because of a lockout, and I loved every moment of it, you know, I can tell you that. And in April I was at the University of Arizona at pool parties. I also you can look at on YouTube, I'm dancing with the basketball players on a ledge at the pool just absolutely going ham pounding corps lights left and right, probably about twenty five of these bad boys. I was twenty one years old. I was still supposed to be in college. So it was the best time of my life. And the lockout couldn't have happened at a better moment in my life as well, because I didn't have to go and train, because I got the train in the morning wherever I was, and then I would just party all day. And I was twenty one years old, typical college to then going hand. I was also visiting my friends. One of my friends, Tico, he went to the Universe, not the university.
Speaker 4: He went to.
Speaker 1: Miami, Ohio, a great college town, great place to party, especially when you're that age as well. Wait, wait, did you have your signing bonus though, Yeah, I had my signing bonus.
Speaker 2: Oh so you had money.
Speaker 1: I had money already, so I had about a million in the bank rolling around going to college is still getting tables for four hundred dollars, and I felt like I was a multi multi billionaire.
Speaker 4: Just rolling in with a million.
Speaker 1: Dollars and getting tables for four hundred bucks and buying all these college students.
Speaker 4: Bottles, and uh, how did I train.
Speaker 1: I would wake up after a couple of nights and just go run a couple hundreds, you know, catch some footballs from my friends that drank with me the whole night before, and then literally showed up and dominated every single day where Coach Balichick gave me a parking spot in the front row because I had the best training camp of all time. And that's how it happened because of the lockout, and I had videos of me partying everywhere.
Speaker 2: Year.
Speaker 1: This was after my Yeah, after my rookie year. Yeah, it was like a slow key, like people knew about my skills like at that time, like those those type of skills vastly different than mine. What was your vastly different? What was your first off season?
Speaker 2: Like first off season? Still stressed?
Speaker 3: You know, are we talking rookie off season or we're going into.
Speaker 4: Our rookie year, going into your second year.
Speaker 2: Or is it going into our second year?
Speaker 1: First off season? So my first off season is after your first year of.
Speaker 3: Playing, well, I'll go my rookie year, all right, rookie year off season, you get drafted, you.
Speaker 2: Go to rookie mini camp, so it's just the rookies.
Speaker 3: They put you through these camp installs, so they give you kind of the day to day life of what it's going to be, like a little taste.
Speaker 2: Of it in your rookie camp. That's like a three day camp.
Speaker 3: For me, it was like very stressful and very hard. I'm a seventh round draft pick. I'm in a part of the country I've never been or never even heard of.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what I thought.
Speaker 3: I didn't know where New England really was as I didn't pay attention to my sociology, social studies, class, geography, geography, whatever studies.
Speaker 1: I'm a geography guy. Yeah, like map, my map skills. I like my geography skills.
Speaker 3: I didn't know where New England. I kind of knew where it was, but it's up here. You have so many of this, these things going through your head. Your head as a kid. Am I going to be around? How's this going? I was learning a new position. You got to learn your formations, you got to learn.
Speaker 1: Well, it was your favorite position you learned?
Speaker 2: I like the Z position.
Speaker 1: Oh, sorry, get back to what you're early talking about?
Speaker 4: The aff Oh, the app position.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's very stressful time for these kids that come into a new area. They're learning at a very rapid rate, you know, because you want to learn as much as you can and get all the reps you can before the vets come, because once the vets come, you don't get any reps and then it becomes super mental. So then you know, the one or two reps that you do have, you have to not fuck up the formation, not fuck up the snap count.
Speaker 2: Nowhere to go.
Speaker 3: Know the personnel group, No, your assignment, know what the other defense is doing. No your adjustments, and do it all properly so you get another opportunity, you know. So this is a tough time for a lot of guys, and it should be a tough time because they're digesting a lot and they're learning a lot, which is completely different than your second season where you have that all in you know, your brain already a little bit, so it becomes a little easier. But your rookie years, it's a tough year if you're trying to go in and learn and make the team, you know what I mean. So next, that was a great call. That was a great call.
Speaker 1: That was it was a great question. We had different scenarios.
Speaker 3: Well you did this time, I did the rookie year. It's all the same but different.
Speaker 1: I I did the same thing even going into my first year.
Speaker 2: Segue us out.
Speaker 1: Well, that was the chilliest dude of the week thanks to our favorite beer Cores Light. Get Cores Light delivered straight to your door. Visit Coorslight dot com, slash dudes and celebrate responsibly. Cold is the Rockies refreshing? Well, that's about another episode of Dudes on Dudes. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you listen to podcasts, comment on a dude you want us to do, rate and review.
Speaker 3: Call in and ask us a question on the chill line at five six one, two zero three, five seven eight nine. Remember to follow dudes on Dudes on x, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat.
Speaker 2: We'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 3: Dudes on Dude. Who's a production of iHeartRadio? For more podcasts from my Heart Radio? Is it the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts?
Speaker 8: M hm.