Speaker 1: This is episode four, and I have a lot of thoughts on dead Man dating. Well, some that Brian won't like, but it's only because it was before Brian really like stepped in. But I really liked this episode.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 1: I just thought John was amazing.
Speaker 2: He's fantastic. It helps so much when we have a good guest star. And I think this was like the most charming, charmed episode we had in the first season. And it's for me. It's where it kind of all came together in every which away.
Speaker 1: I might be biased though I think you're biased, but I happened to agree with you. But I do think that it was like the episode that brought out this really like romantic soft side of your character that was really nice to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard for me, I know that.
Speaker 1: I know. Superhard chemistry was like insane.
Speaker 2: I was so awkward. Well Piper is awkward, so that works, yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 3: It was the chemistry was off the charts. This is I think, so far, like in all the episodes I've ever watched with charm, this is definitely top two for me. It just had all the things that I absolutely love and I thought your guys chemistry Sorry, BK was just.
Speaker 2: It was you actually are you are there? You're still in the attic. That's true, He's still in the attic. By the way, Notice at Brian, do you want.
Speaker 1: To give us the synopsis real quick?
Speaker 4: The synopsis dead man dating?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Piper falls for a ghost with the most who was murdered by some street thugs, while the recently deceased man is on a mission to save his soul. Andy is trying to save his relationship with Proue after she finds out he was married time out.
Speaker 3: Are they in a relationship?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that seemed like a real quick cut to me, was something cut from the other episode that like suddenly you're just like now dating.
Speaker 4: I mean they had, you know, relations a conjugal visit.
Speaker 2: That was the one.
Speaker 3: That's actually the first note I wrote. But it doesn't mean you guys aren't actually in a relationship.
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's all a relationship. Meanwhile, Yeah, Phoebe finds a job as a fortune teller, only to learn that not everyone wants to know their deadly destiny. That's true, which I thought I thought. Didn't Phoebe learn her lesson in the last episode about personal gain like wasn't that a big thing?
Speaker 3: Then this is a personal gain she really like, in all fairness, she does want to give Prue a proper gift this year, and she doesn't have any money, so she's using the powers or talents that she does have to try to do something selfless.
Speaker 1: Well, but it's not really that selfless. And why you a gift that you were given by whatever higher power? Why do that instead of just going and getting a normal job like everybody else. Yeah, it's taking a shortcut. It's taking the easy way out, which is what Phoebe did in the beginning. I think her character grew to not do that but and really understood. I think she understood responsibility to Moore as a show went on again, I have to watch it with you guys and see. But I yeah, I kind of agree with Brian here.
Speaker 4: Like I think there's anything about the episode there was because we just learned that was a huge lesson in the last episode and then you're right back at it. She's doing it again in this one. And I thought, even though it's cute and the outfit and it was funny and it led to kind of the storyline of the ghosts and everything, I feel like it was still a bit you know, we took a step back with the development of the character and you know, what they learned about their powers and what it means to be responsible with them?
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know, so I know that it starts with like Andy inviting me to a spa weekend that I agree to, which is very weird to me that there was always on the fence with him, and then she's like, sure, we can go away together where we have to share a room? Like wait, what.
Speaker 2: Was like the SPA type either, Like this one isn't laying down for a massage. I just don't see it. Yeah, you're right, she's not. And it just felt like, all of a.
Speaker 1: Sudden, they did this big push on the relationship that didn't It had no real start. Their start was, you know, a faulty battery that would you know, crank for a second and then uncrank and then crank and an uncrank. I know I'm not using correct mechanic technic, you know, technical words, but who cares. But yeah, it just didn't make any sense to me. I think that's why I watched it the other day and then just reading this whole episode recap I'm like, oh, I forgot because it just didn't seem right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like we missed something or we jumped something, and I'm trying to remember. I feel like we did move around episodes. We moved around episodes when we shot. Something got jumbled, and I feel like four was actually supposed to be five and five was supposed to be four. Really, yeah, something got jumbled.
Speaker 4: I mean that would have made sense with not learning the lesson and then learning it hard the next one with the lottery, I mean that would have made a little more sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, three or four, because then there's no the the connection you guys have in five dream Source or feels like it's taken a step back a little bit. I know we're jumping, but now I'm thinking about it. Yeah, that makes total sense. You could have they could have totally flip flopped the episodes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think four was supposed to be three.
Speaker 1: But even then, if you think about it like that, like there wasn't enough of a relationship between Andy and Prue to be like, oh, let's go away for a SPA weekend. I know, personally, I don't just go away for SPA weekends with dudes.
Speaker 4: That's never not even adjoining rooms.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, what about an enjointing?
Speaker 1: You no, Like, it's so stressful to go on a SPA weekend with a guy amaze, like they're expecting sex, they're expecting this romance and you're kind of like.
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm not into getting in the room with someone else.
Speaker 1: Wait what Sorry?
Speaker 4: I said a big dinner in the SPA package. Yeah, I come on.
Speaker 2: I remember it being out of order, and I don't exactly remember why, but I remember it being out of order.
Speaker 3: Well I can, I would, just from an outsider's perspective, obviously not being part of the think group tank whatever that was in nineteen ninety eight. But I think the moment you see dead Man Dating versus let's say, Wedding from Hell, which is episode six and or a Dream Sourcer, which I do like more than I did before, but it's not Dead Man Dating. So I think in order to just kind of continue to stay front loaded and excited and keep the Dead Man Dating, that's a special episode. Whether you like Charmed or not, Like, I think, the moment you watch it, it's just so it's great, it's amazing. So I think it kind of keeps people engaged and locks them in Versus, if this followed, you might you might have lost viewers in Wedding from Hell. That's don't quote me, but it's it's a tough that's.
Speaker 1: A tough We're quoting you right now.
Speaker 3: You could have lost You could have potentially with.
Speaker 1: Andy and Prue, like the two of them boring as far as I'm concerned, Skip.
Speaker 4: Stockery, was it odd that he was a stalker?
Speaker 3: That was this episode?
Speaker 4: I'm waiting in your office.
Speaker 2: Waiting in your office to see your reaction to his flowers is super creepy, super.
Speaker 3: And you're just like, oh hey, it's.
Speaker 1: Also weird to me. I'm like, no, wonder why Andy didn't stay on the show. It's like super creep Like who wrote him like that?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 1: Like Brad and like his own personal experience with women like I'm so confused, much more like intelligent and like I would rather seen him, you know, beast on the job and shine in real life. I would have rather as opposed to some you know, this sort of stalker slick dude, and you know it would be interesting, you know obviously interview and have tw on even though I understand he doesn't want to do it, which is fair. People, you know, get done with something they don't want to revisit it. Certainly have been there in my life and my career, but I would still be interested to hear like how he felt about playing a guy that just showed up everywhere.
Speaker 3: Watching of the Flowers as wild. That is a wild choice, my guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guy, guy, let's skip the talker I'm.
Speaker 3: Going Will we call that the B storyline?
Speaker 1: I'd call it d.
Speaker 4: I mean at least I was stalking, but you couldn't see me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were super sick.
Speaker 1: Then to Chinatown. We've got Mark who's played John, who's amazing.
Speaker 2: He just exudes light.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he really, he really did, like just goodness and uh it's his birthday and he gets shot by a group of thugs. The thugs don't know him. They just need a random body so that the headthug guy can get away with something a murder that he that he did right, and but he'll get off because they're saying he's dead and here's his body, blah blah blah. By the way, did they ever talk about how they were gonna transfer those like dental fingerprints? I mean, nineteen ninety eight was not completely before DNA.
Speaker 3: It's true, I don't think he thought that far. I think he thought by burning up the shooting and then lighting the corpse on fire with and then the ring, he didn't.
Speaker 2: Have fingerprints on record, and he doesn't go to the dentist. See, I can work my way out of anything.
Speaker 1: But Mark would have had fingerprints on record, and Mark would have had dental so that nobody would have been in for him identify him as the person he actually is.
Speaker 2: Only his mom was looking for him. And then remember when I got to the house, she doesn't know that he's dead yet because they didn't report him.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: The point is when they found a dead body, they would have run all these records because that's what police.
Speaker 3: Do, correct, except for he was burned, so there was not like the only thing that would have probably been left technically are dental and.
Speaker 2: He definitely went to the dentist. He has for really good teeth.
Speaker 3: But they found the ring, which is very important, which would identify it as Tony the Triad, the Triad boss.
Speaker 1: Right, so let's take the ring as proof of who this body is.
Speaker 3: Can set up. Actually, if you really think about it.
Speaker 4: But that was street thug thinking right like, Oh, I'm gonna get away with this. I gotta take it out.
Speaker 1: The police had that thinking too.
Speaker 3: Were they doing dental in nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Andy definitely wasn't Andy was no no Andy.
Speaker 3: For all his faults, we have to make sure Andy, like Andy was not not the worst sloth. He's pretty decent a sloothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, generally good at slooping on through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sleuthing proof for sure.
Speaker 1: So then we have Phoebe at her job as a psychic at the hotel and Mark shows up there to ask like because Phoebe can see him to ask for help, and you can see him as.
Speaker 2: Well, right, Holly, Yes, which I think is a very funny scene. And I like that we got to go outside and shoot at the hotel, Roosevelt and all the things, and he's just good. He's just dang good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that always makes it really easy in a scene. It just kind of blocks you one when you're acting opposite people who are great, It just you kind of stop acting and you just start being present and responding naturally in the moment. And so it's really good. And I think that's always why The chemistry between everyone here, especially the three girls, was always great because it didn't ever feel like you guys were acting. It always felt very genuine and just responding in the moment.
Speaker 2: And what's crazy about John is that he felt really green on this episode and I had no clue because our rapport was so easy and our chemistry was easy. Sorry BK, and our timing was great this episode. This episode is called sorry BK.
Speaker 4: Sorry Leo separate.
Speaker 3: Leo is not BK is not Leo. Yeah, thanks, sorry.
Speaker 1: So Mark asks you for help, ask Piper for help, and he takes her to his murdered body.
Speaker 2: Which I think is like, so it was kind of rough for us at the time. Like I find this episode not just it is very lovely, but it was super violent for us at the time. And yes, he gets shot and you don't really see a bunch of blood because we weren't allowed to do that, but the burning body, the whole thing. I remember being creeped out when I was doing it, and I'm still kind of creeped out. I just wish it was shot a little less blatantly, or if.
Speaker 1: It was more blatant, it was more realistic, like one or the other. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just remember being caught off guard by like the guy yelling bitch and or something like that and pulling out like and just open fire. It just didn't feel fire charmed. It felt very like, I don't know, kind of had like a well, obviously there.
Speaker 1: Was some ghosts inside the street thug.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the street thug, Tony Tony street bug.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think bitch is the kindest word a street thug could be.
Speaker 3: Sure, I just felt that for me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, at least they went that far with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's what we could get away with at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we took it. So then you see his murdered body, and there's there's a thing called Yarma, which is this weird demon type thing on a horse with a big lancelot or that thing is, and know he takes the murdered bodies, but it's not good. So obviously the innocent guy Mark wants Yarma to leave him alone. That's where you come in. You freeze Yarma, and then you kinda get on the path of like trying to save this guy because you realize that you have a crush on him, so he must be innocent.
Speaker 2: No, she's just doing her civic duty. That's dare you daari you? She's not let her emotions get in the way yet yet.
Speaker 3: Yama's a soul taker, right, that's what his That's just he's he's not really technical collect we call him? Would we call him a demon or would we just call him like it's he's an evil spirit that collects souls and he's he's not a it doesn't matter who you are kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Right, Sure, is that a collector?
Speaker 3: If I remember thes But it doesn't like I think, didn't Mark have a line in there where he's like, it doesn't matter if you're good or bad. It's just like he just he comes and yeah, he collects, that's his thing, right.
Speaker 1: Unless you're given like a proper burial and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, And I again, I have to take umbrage with the glowing eyes. It's just so not necessary.
Speaker 1: That is like the glowing eyes on the dogs. I feel like they somehow centered them a little bit better.
Speaker 2: It's just not okay, just so unnecessary.
Speaker 1: I think I think that they were like learning and fine tuning all of that stuff. It was it was a little bit better. I wasn't as offended or maybe it was just because I thought, you know, the episode was so much better. Yeah, but didn't bother me. Then Proof catches Andy having dinner with his ex wife who.
Speaker 4: Cares red Flag, but she still uses his name. So are they separated?
Speaker 3: Is Susan Sarandon still uses Chris Sarandon's name?
Speaker 2: Yes she does, indeed.
Speaker 3: And she was married to Tim Robbins and she stayed Susan Sarandon looks like Andy, like Trudeau is a great last name, and she just wants to be.
Speaker 4: But that's because she's a brand. Is is Trudeau? This woman's brand?
Speaker 3: Like might be she's a real estate power broker, could be could be the Trudeau.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's a big one. Not to tell you that's that's a big one.
Speaker 1: I don't I mean maybe, I like, I'm not sure that they're they're air, Like, why would they go on a spot weekend?
Speaker 2: Well, apparently in episode six they would have been there episode six, they would have been there by Now.
Speaker 3: That would make more sense. Your reaction if this was, if this would shown at six, would be Yo, We've this has been you know, at least six hours of television where we've at least a crazy relationship. We're cooking where you know, things are starting to brew a little bit, and now all of a sudden, you tell me you have an ex wife who's tech or a wife that still uses your name.
Speaker 1: I just don't see the connection between the two of them. If it was episode four, episode six, I don't see it. So, you know, sure saying like telling someone I have an ex wife, all of that that's that's kind of important, or hey I'm still married, or hey, you know I'm a you know, cheater, like I'll never be loyal to you. Like all of that stuff is really good information to give up, to give to someone up front. I just didn't see Proo ever interested enough for the information to even be retained in her brain. For me, I look at Prude, I'm like it would go in one ear and out the other because she has so much other important stuff to deal with in her life than someone that they didn't. And it's not against tw it's more against the way that those two characters were written together. So it was a storyline that was never fleshed out properly, and so it just feels it always feels like a glass half empty, not half full. And because that they just ended up not caring and just being like who cares? He has an ex wife who cares? Where he goes? Who cares? Like who cares? You know, like Bru's just so focused on everything else in her life that literally she doesn't have room for a guy and his x y. So I'm not really quite sure why it bothered her that much. Lack of honesty or I get that anyway, Let's move on to more important storylines again.
Speaker 2: She has trust issues.
Speaker 3: I get it, well, I think unintentionally also, I don't think this was it would cut from those kind of scenes with Prue and Andy to write to Mark and Piper and which had like just streaming chemistry and you're rooting for them immediately. Sorry, sorry, Bekay, it's okay.
Speaker 4: I hate this episode. It's fine. Let's keep talking about it.
Speaker 3: Dude, it's so good. You can't. You got to be objective about that.
Speaker 2: Get back in the attic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been stalking her her whole life.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, he's like peering over the stairwell, like watching us try to kiss but we can't.
Speaker 3: Because I was like, I'm so glad you did.
Speaker 1: You're right that you can't cut from people who are kind of like blah, people have like instant chemistry and literally not even a full episode. It's like so far, you're halfway through the episode and you're rooting for them, and with Prune Andy you're like, wah, wah.
Speaker 2: No, not necessary. I mean the audience really was into the Andy character. They really were.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think as a character he was great. I think I just don't think it should have been so quick with crew. I think that that was something that they should have built over the entire first season. Yes, and maybe came to fruition in the second season. I just think they rushed that relationship too much, and so they didn't give it any legs totally.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a big thing to be like, hey, you're spending your birthday away with me. I'm sorry if you had any plans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not that you guys are any good at planning anything.
Speaker 3: For me exactly. He didn't. Phoebe forgot to put the invitation in the mail naturally, right, So it's not totally. I can't believe I'm taking Andy side on this, but he had no idea that you guys were trying to plan a surprise party, or that she would.
Speaker 2: Have any plans in general.
Speaker 3: Right, But hey, to Shannon, to your point, I think that's actually really that we would have if it would have been like are they are they not? It was it's the Ross and Rachel thing, like we're rooting them for years.
Speaker 1: The Shepherd Moonlight thing. Yeah, I mean that would have been cool, like and that's a lot more of what their characters were, you know, like detectives blah blah blah. It would have been interesting to have that dynamic going on between two characters throughout this entire thing. I think it would have served t W much better. Definitely would have served you know, Prew better. But whatever.
Speaker 4: Well, I think I think part of it too is he was never not attainable for Prue. He's like here I am and I'm ready to go all the way and it's kind of like I'm I'm mister available. Look I'm here, I'm here, I'm here. And there was no there was no chase for Prue to get this relationship. There was no obstacle to overcome, you know, there was no courting that needed to be done the other direction. He was just wide open and totally into you, which felt a little desperate.
Speaker 3: This is something that has been like a universal thing throughout like literary and cinematic history.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: If you look at Pride and Prejudice, it's like your darcy like that, there's a Are you talking about.
Speaker 1: Joe Wright's version of Pride.
Speaker 3: And Prejudice one of my favorite movies of all time?
Speaker 1: You know I've seen it like thirty two times. Me too.
Speaker 3: I watched that movie at least once a year. It's one of my all time favorites.
Speaker 1: Great score, probably twice a year.
Speaker 3: Fine, I watched it three times a year.
Speaker 1: With that movie.
Speaker 3: I'm in love that you're in love with that movie. I think we should watch it together.
Speaker 2: Watch party.
Speaker 1: Yay?
Speaker 4: Do you guys want to go to Calistoga Springs this weekend? Watch it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I just all come out to you and I'll watch it.
Speaker 4: Guy.
Speaker 3: If you haven't seen this movie, anyone who has not seen Joe Wright's Pride and Prejudice with Kieran and Niley and Tom wamscams, I'm like you on his name at Matthew mcfaden. It is one of the most beautiful adaptations of any novel I've ever seen, and it hits every single time, and it is so beautiful they play it perfectly, and you are rooting for them, but they keep missing each other just by like little increments, and then finally when they get together, it is the most spoiler alert sorry, it is the most powerful, beautiful, Like you're crying. You've been rooting from the whole time. If Andy and Prue had one one hundredth of this, it would have been better.
Speaker 1: By the way, this is the problem with women in this world is that we either read books like this growing up, when we see movies like this, and then somehow we think that romance is supposed to be like pride and prejudice and is often not. Sadly, I think you know that the way that men treat women back then is very different than now. In a lot of ways, it's better now, in a lot of ways it's worse now. Right, It's a give and take. And by the way, Matthew mcfaie thin like then you see him on Succession and you're like, who are you?
Speaker 3: It's the best?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's insane. All right, Well, maybe we'll do a watch party of that movie at some point.
Speaker 3: Oh that's such a good idea, right, I'm all the way in on that.
Speaker 1: So Holly, your character Piper brings Mark to the house to tell us that he's a dead guy. He's a goat. You know, you explain to us he has to have a proper burial before Yarma takes the soul. And then, you know, for some reason, we're back into like the Phoebe premonition thing where you know, she finds a guy's wallet and then she gets a premonition that he gets run over by a pink What was it?
Speaker 2: Of all things?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 2: Sometimes I just feel like our writers were having this weird like drinking game in the writer room and they would just like throw things in there like yeah, it's a pink Cadillac. Yeah, they say, we're screwed exactly.
Speaker 1: And that storyline, I think we can, we can, we can wrap up kind of easily because it's it's it's odd, I find because of all the good stuff between you and John in this episode too, to keep on going back to two other storylines that are kind of insignificant to me that you know, she's obviously now trying to do good because she has this premonition. She comes across as you know, one of those psychic that just take people's money and scams them and everything else and the man and then I guess his wife or whatever she is to him are like, oh, this is the woman who's trying to, you know, take advantage of you. They don't like her. They tell her to stay away, and she does end up saving him, which is great, and I think that's the end of that storyline.
Speaker 3: Real fast on that. The only problem, I mean, the problem I had solely with that storyline is that wildly she's responsible for the guy yeah running out, Like it wasn't she chasing him. Yeah, she's chasing him and he's trying to get away, so yeah, of her. So I don't think that was really fleshed out in the writer's room. Sorry, writers, I just like it didn't. It didn't work like she was the one responsible if she had never been there, that she would have never had that premonition. But and it never occurred to her even post like, oh wait, I shouldn't have been now this would have been actually maybe more interesting. She's in a place where she's kind of doing this thing where she's personal gain again, and then she's now put someone at harm's way. It's not like he was going to be in harms way and she just randomly saved them. She's responsible for him running out into the street, But is.
Speaker 1: She really because you know, when she saw the premonition, he had his briefcase, he had like stuff, and he was on his way somewhere. And yes, she intervenes and causes him to be you know, freaked out by her, so then she chases him, but.
Speaker 2: It is her fault.
Speaker 1: It probably would have happened either way. Like either way he probably would have ran out into the street and gotten hit by a car. But yes, in this instance, because she was pursuing her own premonition and so help bent on saving somebody's life who didn't want her help, she ended up being the cause of him almost being killed.
Speaker 3: So correct.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, Drew. It would have been interesting for them to explore that side of things, of you know, where's the responsibility, Like at what point do you say enough is enough exactly? Versus continuing to chase like what you think is your destiny but ultimately changing other people's destiny.
Speaker 3: That's really well put.
Speaker 1: I agree, Well, thank you, And then.
Speaker 4: She was like, pay me.
Speaker 2: Get back to the hotel, and my mistress she has to get a gift.
Speaker 3: There's a gift that's.
Speaker 2: Definitely his mistress, by the way, not the wife.
Speaker 3: Definitely not the wife.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's why he ran out in the street exactly.
Speaker 3: And the wife was driving the pink Cadillac.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's the case, bro?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right. So we're back at the house while watching the news, we all realize that they're reporting the actual murder of the dead guy. And PBC's a sign and Mark says it's a wu Han warehouse in Chinatown, and Piper goes, you like, go into the police thing to Andy's desk somehow, without him knowing, somehow, without any other police officer there, put.
Speaker 2: It in his mailbox. That's what it was.
Speaker 1: Did you put in his mailbox? I thought you'd put it on his computer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you slid it in there, all inconspicuously, of course I did, dude, which is bizarre when he comes out and he's like, oh, hey, what are you doing here, And you're like, oh, it's just passing through, you know, parked in the police parking lot. Just I'm just happening to be passing through, seeing what's up.
Speaker 1: She's like total a door open for like no one and talking to no one. Like Andy's like sure, great detect of is Oh.
Speaker 4: You're parked in a police parking lot.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what bug you about that scene. What bug me about the scene is the weird hug. The weird hug at the end is weird.
Speaker 4: That was a little weird.
Speaker 1: It was a lot.
Speaker 4: He's like, hey, you know, doesn't work out with Prue. You're a kid.
Speaker 2: Even if it was literally like episode six, it's still weird.
Speaker 1: That is funny. So you framed the killers so the cops will know that Tony Wong faked his own death. How smart of you, Thank you, thank you? How did you? I mean, how did you frame him?
Speaker 2: Because I put the newspaper so it says that he's did That's right.
Speaker 3: Very smart, very smart idea. Now I know we'd kind of discussed this. We have discussed this, But it's interesting how Piper your power kind of ebbs and flows in regards to time emotions. It's just like a convenience factor, like just enough time to kind of get that.
Speaker 2: You know, it's emotions. So like when she panics or when she's terrified, or and she doesn't know she can't. She doesn't know how to keep it up.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't know how to keep what up?
Speaker 2: She doesn't she needs somebody.
Speaker 4: That's a question for Andy that.
Speaker 1: I just zone out.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's just because you know me, you knew what I meant, because that's how I'm feeling this morning, feelings him inappropriates.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, so you frame him all of a sudden, Andy's like, oh, I'm a great detective, blah blah blah. Yeah, then we have the whole part that we already covered. He'd be runs out. Now. This says that she pushes him out of the way so that he doesn't get hit by the car. I would love to play it back, and I'm going to let the fans tell us if she pushes them out of the way or not. But Drew, You're still right she sort of forced him to run to get away from her. So we've closed that book.
Speaker 3: There's one thing before we skipped, and I think it's kind of important is when Mark. When Mark brings Piper to his house because the mom is looking for him. Yes, and Piper has an opportunity here to kind of say It's like a full Odame Brown style moment where she can kind of tell her about like, Hey, this is what's happened to your son and you elect not to. Now, why do you feel, Piper, why do you feel like you did that? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, she doesn't sorry. First of all, she doesn't know Chinese and she's trying her best, and Mark is not easy. It was not easy because she's not qualified to That's what do you think it was? Yeah? I think she doesn't feel qualified to give next of kin bad news.
Speaker 1: I agree with her, like, how is she supposed to give that info? And look at the mom and be like, no, your son's right here. This is how I have all of this info. He's a ghost, he's right. Like, what a crazy conversation to have with a woman you don't know at all.
Speaker 2: Even though the mom was very spiritual and I feel like she would have rolled with it, Piper was not ready.
Speaker 3: Well, he was basically wanting you to tell the mom where the body was so he could get buried, so he doesn't get taken by Yama. So what my interpretation, like the hopeless romantic, was you've kind of caught feelings for this guy and you're not ready to let him go yet. So therefore, and that's you. You don't tell her.
Speaker 1: Maybe we would have if Piper had told her it would have been about twenty minutes short on the episode.
Speaker 2: That's right, and we still have something. We still have some creepy Andy to get to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I really feel like I feel like that was like you're not ready to let him go, and I'm like, oh, this is true love, Like this is what it's all about. This is what we want.
Speaker 1: It is what we wanted. It is a last We never got it. Instead we got BK, just kidding, BK.
Speaker 4: Piper loves a dead guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yes.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: You know you got a type.
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, you're a dead guy too, Yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Know, And I kind of pull a little Andy on you, you know, totally leaving you no choice a little.
Speaker 2: You've been watching us since we were children.
Speaker 4: We'll get to that, we'll get You're.
Speaker 2: So much worse than Andy.
Speaker 1: So Mark Piper start kissing, and the killers rush in and kidnap hyper. I don't remember you guys actually physically being able to kiss. No, I remember being like, you know it, there was that, like I remember it being that right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we rhymed it.
Speaker 3: It was a really beautiful scene. What was the original music from that scene? I wonder, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: That was something else that was really bugging me. There is a song in there that is so terribly creepy. I can't deal with the Amazon version of the music, like it's it's not okay.
Speaker 3: Just kidding Amazon, we love you.
Speaker 4: It's it's different on Peacock, is it?
Speaker 3: What do you have on Peacock? Do you have the original music?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think so. It seems like it because I had Morrisey on what was the episode?
Speaker 3: Yeah, six seven, but yeah, that that seemed like that got me like just close your eyes and lean into it and pretend.
Speaker 1: So they kidnap you, re rush in to try to save you. They try to shoot me, but you save me by freezing the bullet. And then Andy shows up and shoots Tony Wong sol leaves his body, and then Yarma comes to take Tony's soul, but Piper stops him from taking mark soul because Yama's I guess, like, whose soul do I take? I think he takes Tony's, but then doesn't he also try to take Mark and stand in front and say, no, you can't have him, you can't have him. Correct, he's mine, it's mine. You can't take this good.
Speaker 3: Man's soul again, I think it. Yama is like he's a he's an equal opportunist. He just wants any and all souls. He doesn't but he doesn't he doesn't have discerning taste, let's say, but you kind of he can't take obviously a living soul, and the fact that you stand in front of him, I believe he just like kind of respects it and leaves.
Speaker 1: Well, dude, he's also against like the charmed ones.
Speaker 2: That's truly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would leave if I'd be like, okay, girls, have fun with your dead guy over here. And then we're at Mark's funeral where you know, he tells me to treasure my birthday because you don't know how many you have, which doesn't mean anything, because what really means something is this scene between Piper and Mark, and like that connection between you guys as actors and how you portrayed that was so great and it was so like you almost like I kind of started crying a little bit when I watched it because it was like, oh, oh my god, that was so beautiful. And then like a little dad showed up and you're like, no, please don't go with the dad. Stay with Piper. Stay with Piper, he's mine. Yeah, it was just but then you're like, obviously he has to go, and at least his dad is like greeting him and taking him into you know, the after world. Yeah, and it's still a beautiful moment. But like, yeah, and b kay, I don't. I don't mean to because it was really the first time that we saw Piper have that kind of like romance. So I think it was really impactful. Obviously, like when you fully come into the show, when you guys start your romance, it's a different kind of a romance because it's not one where she can't touch you, she can't do this, she can't do that. It's more a one that you realize they can actually have and it's also really beautiful and wonderful. So I'm not gonna say sorry to you, because I'll compliment you a lot later when you have that relationship with her.
Speaker 2: We'll get to you. We'll get to You'll get to you. But we're going to talk about John Show some more right now.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was my introduction into being a professional, Like that was the first time I really learned what casts do you know, how you take care of one another, and that was really eye opening to me how you were there for me and how you took care of one another. I thought, Okay, this is how it's supposed to be done, and I've taken that forward.
Speaker 2: Having a good guest star that is as committed to the moment as you are is like such a huge necessity.
Speaker 5: I was going to say the opposite, which is, I was so felt so lucky to have you as my acting partner because I was very green. I didn't know what I was doing, and there's no way that I could have stumbled through that without someone of your caliber. And I was really I was watching it, and I was reminded of my impression when I got home that night, which is like, Holly is so simple, and I mean that as the highest compliment. It is She's just saying these words and meeting them, and I can't believe how she can do this. And you know, for me, as a young actor, you're trying to push so much, and it was so interesting and instructive to watch you simply mean the words.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 5: I was struck by it then so deeply, and I was struck by.
Speaker 3: It on the rewatch. He's so wonderful. I'm such a massive fan of his work, and he's so complimentary and he's an intelligent actor. You can tell, like with how he approaches not everything, like everything from Charmed all the way till now. Just an incredible dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you have this beautiful, beautiful ending between Piper and Mark.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I even caught this last time, but I didn't realize that Graham's was the one that taught Piper to cook and that whole scene that they have where they find this common ground and love of cooking and they like the same books. Sorry, BK, but it was just it was so everything about it was great, and I was like, how did I not remember, like the whole cooking thing and Graham's being the one and you know, being a chef. But then I became a hostess, and you know, it's all downhill from there.
Speaker 1: Then he became a night club owner and a bartender standing on bars dancing.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was one time, one time.
Speaker 4: What are you guys talking about?
Speaker 1: But anyway, like it's it was weird to me that we would and I get that every episode needs like a button on it, but to go from that beautiful thing to like now we're back at the house and there's like.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah the Funerals after party. Yes, when I.
Speaker 1: See Andy there and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Why are we back on these dudies literally lurking in the back rind. Here comes Andy like a shark.
Speaker 1: I was just like, why did we have to go back there? Like why couldn't we have ended it with you know, you guys or him walking away with his dad, but then like stopping and turning back and you two just having this moment and just in the show on that, because that to me was you know what the show, the show was really about, like love and that episode and what you do for love and how you fight for love and how you have to give things up for love, and yeah, I just wanted it to in there.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was a spelling thing where they always wanted to end on like a light, lighthearted moment. Basically, Yeah, I think like I feel like that's a note. It would have been like a network or a producer note being like, oh, but we have to wrap it up in a happy bow tie with Andy lurking.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, although it was a great episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, that was a tough moment to go from like this really powerful beautifully executed scene by everyone too, like oh now it's a party and we're just now all laughing and smiling and happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know, props to Piper who can go like, lose the love of her life, sorry to be gay, and then be like, but I still pulled off the surprise party.
Speaker 4: First love of your life?
Speaker 1: Yes, first love, I would say, that's not the love of your life. Okay, all right, you knew him for a day, Yeah, he's a days.
Speaker 2: I brought him blankets. We slept together. I mean no, we didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't really sleep together.
Speaker 4: Nobody slept that night.
Speaker 3: Back to the warehouse.
Speaker 1: All right. So that was was episode four.
Speaker 3: Dead Man Dating, dead.
Speaker 1: Man Dating even like the title where no one sleeps, like everything about it.
Speaker 3: Usually these titles are like a like a witty spin on something like something wika. This way comes what what's dead man dating? Based like what's the what's the witty?
Speaker 1: He's dead but he's trying to date.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's dead man walking.
Speaker 3: Dead man walking?
Speaker 1: Yet it so fantastic job Holly especially, all right, all right, thanks guys,