Speaker 1: Hi guys, this is Teddy Mellencamp and I'm joined by my friend Emily Simpson for our new spin off show Popping Off, where we are digging deep on this season of Banner Pump Rules.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, welcome to another episode of Popping Off with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and and Emily Simpson.
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining us because we're hilarious, because we are amazing at least we see.
Speaker 1: So we have two fans that would be us. We are each other's biggest fans. Oh my gosh, I got some dms after last week though, Emily.
Speaker 3: Oh oh was it the people that were mad at us for the LVP comments, Because that's what.
Speaker 2: I got, No, I got. You need to tell Emily she needs to be nicer to you. Oh really?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they said, Teddy, we just want you to know that even though you get so much hate, people really do like you. They and you can't let Emily tease you that way.
Speaker 4: And I was like, if you think that, Emily, the old people is the one that hurts me the most, you all got another thing coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah on the joke, folks, I'm all right, I mean, especially now that we have matching backgrounds in pink and blue. Like we it's equal banter. It goes both ways. I take it and give it. Yeah, we're both fond. We're equal opportunists, all right with giving each other heat. It's what gets us through vander Pump Rules. Because this week, more than ever, we have a lot. Most of the time we don't have that many headlines. We're just recapping the episode. But I feel like since last week there's been six hundred and twenty four thousand headlines that like even from Britney cart right, it's name changes. I'm exhausted. I know, it's a lot, a lot to talk about. It's it's a lot. Is there anything new that you'd like to report for us, just you know, prior to getting into it, just.
Speaker 2: In general, like in life? Yeah, in life?
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you feel like I need to know or that like we really need to like bond our friendship to the next level. No, I saw you just push your nose up like this, right? No?
Speaker 2: Nothing, okay, no life updates.
Speaker 1: I don't really have any life updates either, but no, who does have a life update? La? La?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, this is this is why we really work together.
Speaker 1: You you saw the person that are rundown and really where.
Speaker 2: I know where you were going. I get it. I follow this.
Speaker 1: Well, this all makes sense now because I was supposed to be going to Disneyland with Lala and Stassy and then all of a sudden it got canceled. Well at first it got rained out, and then it got canceled, and I was wondering, wonder why I got canceled. Now it makes sense. You don't want to go in the teacups pregnant.
Speaker 2: No, how far along is she do? We know?
Speaker 1: Well, far enough along that she has a little baby bump in this picture with ocean looking up, so like clearly you know she was probably in the first trimester during this Disney excursion. And then now that's why we had to cancel. But I mean, Dove has gotten through the hardships of missing Disneyland on her birthday in order.
Speaker 3: For see see that's what happens where you went wrong as you told her you were taking her to Disneyland right, and then you had to back out of it. That's why I've learned to just not tell kids anything anything, not anything, not good news, not bad news, nothing, because then when you have to change it, they just don't adapt and they just can't handle it so well. The good news is the day that I did tell her we couldn't go was because it was pouring down rain, and that she seemed since then to have forgotten of that promise, right, And then now she does slightly like give me little digs by saying things like Matteo from my class went to Disneyland this week, and I'm like, oh, that's so nice for him. And then I just let it be, let it a ride, because I don't say anything else.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not like, well we read booked yours, because clearly we didn't. Didn't. But Laala posted a picture on Instagram this Sunday showing off her baby bump, explaining in the caption I'm expanding my pod. She received a multitude of comments on this Instagram post, but the one that stuck out to most of the fans was a congratulatory message from Randall Emmett's ex wife, Amber child chat Childers, Amber Childers, Amber Childers, Amber Chielders.
Speaker 2: I think that's that why in there that's throwing you off. I mean it could be.
Speaker 1: I also thought our new sign said pooping off and I almost went when I got when I first got at the p's weren't lit up, so that I was like pooping off right on, Tad said, pooping off things are really makes it makes sense though, But Amber says, congratulations, mama, she wrote on Monday's episode of Give Them Laala podcast, she says what she was looking for in a sperm donor, I don't care about looks, Lalla said, adding that she did ask what the donor looked like physically. I was like, I would prefer that this baby kind of have the same aesthetic look as me and my mom in Ocean, so when they come into this world, it's not only like you don't have a dad because I got you from a donor, but you don't look like all those types of things. But then she said, my biggest thing though, is I did not want to see adult pictures. That makes it too real, too personal. Like sure, I can look at them as a little kid. That's cute, and I hate to say it, but I also don't need them to be extremely.
Speaker 2: Smart because I'm not.
Speaker 1: kN Stoner has it's like this could be me Ken'stoner has a tiny connection with her daughter Ocean as his favorite song and poem both had to do with the ocean. Upon her child's eighteenth birthday, the California Cryobank can give them access to their spoon donor.
Speaker 2: If they have questions and they.
Speaker 1: Want to go find their dad can explain, well, I have some questions for you, Emily. Would you want to see an adult picture?
Speaker 2: Because I would? Well, I would.
Speaker 3: I mean her first sentence when she says I don't care about looks, I feel like that would have been the thing that I care about, Like, let me see what this person looks like like, especially if you're going to say I don't care about smart. Yeah, you can't not care about either one. You can't be like I don't care what they look like and I don't care if they're smart.
Speaker 2: Then what so you got to pick one?
Speaker 1: I mean, I get you don't get to have oh, but like maybe you could have one.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question, though, If you could have anyone as a sperm donor for your next child, who would you pick?
Speaker 2: Brad Pitt? Oh my god, that was we're trying to steal my sperm doughor bit.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, Brad Pitt, listen, I feel like me and Brad Pitt would make really smart beautiful just kidding. Here's what we're gonna do. You have a kid with Brad Pitt, and I'll I have a kid a Brad pit and then we'll compare. But are we going to compare who's cuter, who's smarter?
Speaker 2: Both? Shit? I mean, do your kids look more like you or Shane? Though? Well it depends because we have three together, so I think Annabelle is a mix of both of us. But then Luke looks just like Shane and Keller looks just like me, and Keller is beautiful.
Speaker 1: But I'm happy for her. I think that age gap is pretty great when you have little ones. If you have little ones together, it's perfect. I'm excited for her. But I do always wonder about sperm donors how much information I would need? Like and also, oh, this is what I was originally going to say. Okay, yeah, here it is here, it is back around all right? Do you get to specify if you want somebody that's funny and then who's making the decision if that person is actually funny or not?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you just are you clicking off something like I'm hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you're just a checklist.
Speaker 1: It says are you and it's like personable, yes, funny, hell yeah I am.
Speaker 2: Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Extrovert? Do people like you? Yesk me all day long?
Speaker 1: That's what I want to know. Who is there is deciding factor in this? Like who is that person? Are you just willing nelly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like you mean how intense is the vetting process? Like are they going through several interviews where other people are filling out the form like after an interview.
Speaker 2: Like not funny, not personable?
Speaker 1: Or are they just filling it out themselves like no actual self realization because they said they were funny and attractive and they're not. But also, is somebody checking their So if somebody's like, yeah, I'm really smart, I you know, blah blah blah, is somebody actually going back and checking like yes they have this. I don't even know what a smart GPA is, so I can't even tell you, like a three point a GP, I'm assuming like people tend to say that, or a four point zero GPA. Like, but if somebody then like send me the paperwork, yeah, like give us a copy of your transcripts and your degree even though you're forty two years old, somebody as we want to high school transcripts at this point, how would one get it?
Speaker 2: How would you get it? Well, I don't know. I'm a lot older than you.
Speaker 3: I graduated from high school nineteen ninety four, So I feel like my transcripts are you know, disintegrated by now in a box in.
Speaker 1: A bar somewhere described they're in Braille. Yeah, they're like, let me send the Pony Express send those.
Speaker 2: Over to you.
Speaker 1: But either way, congratulations. I'm excited for her, and she also has, in my opinion, a very good episode tonight taking a zimpic, but still need some guidance with your meals and workouts, don't want to jump on the semi glue tide train and looking for the best way to get in shape. Either way, accountability can help, and that's where all In by Teddy comes through. Whether you want to get stronger with our new strength training program, are looking to finally get into running with our finish side program, or maybe you just need our standard jump start that will get you in check in just two weeks. No matter what you're looking for, we've got it. And when you use code popping off po pp I n goff, You'll get fifty dollars off any program. You hear me, fifty dollars off any program. Listen. I know every health and wellness journey looks different. That's why we've been able to change over thirty thousand lives. So go all in on yourself now at all in by Teddy dot com and use code popping off to be next.
Speaker 3: Rachel Levis's case against Tom Sandable is weaker. I actually had to read the entire mache and understand what the headline even meant. So, Rachel, the headline is Rachel Levis's case against Tom Sandable is weaker than Ariano Mattos Okay?
Speaker 2: Is it US? I never know if it's US or US Weekly?
Speaker 1: You are lying, you know, don't you realize the camera this week said she didn't know what Deadline News was, and now you're saying you don't love it's US Weekly or US.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard.
Speaker 1: Somebody go to the airport and go, I'm going to pick up a US Weekly?
Speaker 2: No, it's US.
Speaker 3: Where Why am I at the at the airport listening to people ask for magazines?
Speaker 1: Where else do people ask for magazines these days? I don't know That's why I don't know what it's called, because I've never heard it. I get everything from the Instagram news, so I don't need to get US Weekly anymore.
Speaker 3: All Right's confirmed on Thursday that Love Us sued Sandoval and Maddox for revenge porn, eavesdropping, invasion of privacy, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of causes of action right there. That is a lot. That's a lot.
Speaker 1: The case against Tom is actually weaker than the case against Ariana. Attorney Nima Ramani exclusively told US Weekly this is why under California is a revenge porn statue. There is a requirement that the porn be distributed. We know that Tom was allegedly participating in this face time. Okay, what's going on in the FaceTime? Okay, well they're masturbating or she's masturbating, allegedly, so she has her phone out on a FaceTime and then she's masked and he recorded it. He screamed, he did that without her knowing allegedly. I don't know if he was pleasuring himself as well. There's been multiple different sides of this coming forward.
Speaker 2: But have you ever done that? Just curious. Have recorded myself? No, not recorded yourself? But have you ever lacerbated? Are you just asking that?
Speaker 1: I would hope you have, but no, have you ever done a FaceTime and masturbated?
Speaker 2: No? Well what I you have?
Speaker 1: I have not, but this is such a disgusting story. But I have to take you out and now Ione will probably sue me for revenge.
Speaker 2: More and sharing.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's a thing. But he was out of town and he called me, Like, Edwin very rarely gets drunk. I get drunk relatively often, but Edwin is like not that type. He gets drunk, and so he calls me. When he gets back to his room and he decides he thinks it's time for show and tell. So he starts doing his thing. But then he's so eft out of his mind. Wait, this is through a FaceTime. This is through a FaceTime. I recorded it. Great. So he's like talking to me, and I'm like at this point, I'm just like acting.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yes, get it, get after it never.
Speaker 1: Hotter, yeah, so turned on. Meanwhile I'm stone cold, Sobride just with the kids to bed. He was like in a different time zone, and then he masturbated onto the phone.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't believe you're telling the story. You're getting divorced after this. I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 2: I'm just letting you know. He's gonna file for divorce after he hears this.
Speaker 5: I'm like, absolutely, and listen, I understand there's oversharing. Last week we talked about shooting ourselves. Today we're talking about this.
Speaker 1: But then the point is, it's like normally when you do bad things, you don't really want to talk about it the next day. I don't worry this first thing I did. When he called me the next morning, I was like, remember last night when you came on your phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it didn't ever work.
Speaker 1: He was like, huh ah shit.
Speaker 2: I hope he sanitized it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've never used his phone since. But the point is I didn't actually record it, but something was happening like that they were record Tom was recording it. I don't know if he was doing well. Then Arianna saw it and that was the reason for their breakup. Right.
Speaker 3: So Tom was allegedly participating in the spacetime and he may have recorded it, but it's unclear whether he's sent it to anyone. The allegations are that Ariana got access to Tom's phone and sent it to herself and to Rachel, So that would be the distribution part, which then goes back to the headline why the case against Sandobal is weaker than Arianna because she was actually Ariana, because she was the one that actually distributed. Of course we don't know who has the video and who it all.
Speaker 2: Was sent to.
Speaker 1: But in the law in the suing, what is it called when you get sued? In the document it says there was over fifty Jane does it was sent to?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's just because those are like placeholders in case they find evidence that more people like it was sent to, more than that they know of at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, from the beginning, even last season when this was talked about, Ariana has always remained vigilant about the fact she didn't share it with anybody.
Speaker 2: She caught it, you know, they were at.
Speaker 1: The concert, at Tom's concert, she got the phone, she saw it, she flipped out, she called Rachel. She never sent it to anyone, She never showed anybody. I do think if there were snippets of it, it would have ended up online. And the fact that it didn't leads you know, I hate to give arian a shot on things, but I really don't think she shared it with a bunch of people because then I went back and watched Jeff Lewis with Lala last year. She said she never saw it. Shina said she never saw it, so at this point, but she said it to herself, So she sent it from his phone to herself. Right, we don't have one hundred percent confirmation on that. We solely know she saw it on Tom's phone. She's saying on this podcast with Sheena that after that she was I saw five seconds of five seconds of it.
Speaker 2: I didn't need to see more.
Speaker 1: And then I wonder if that was me and it was somebody was cheating on me and there was a video, Like would you watch the entire thing?
Speaker 2: No, No, you.
Speaker 1: Just watch enough to catch them. Yeah, but would you send it to anybody?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. I probably would send it to like my closest friends.
Speaker 3: And be like, I feel like she had to send it to someone. Your natural reaction would be to send it to someone and be like, look what I just found.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, Like I mean you're just sitting there with what you saw on your own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she had to have sent it to someone.
Speaker 1: But when it comes to revenge porn, do you think even if Ariana did send it to a friend saying, can you believe this is she guilty of a crime or do you think Rachel is just using the legal system as a retaliatory tactic rather than actually feeling like Arianna has wronged her.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing. If she was recorded doing something sexual without her knowledge then and it got distributed to other people, then I mean, I feel like that fulfills the statute or revenge born. I'd be pissed. I mean I would be pissed too.
Speaker 1: But I also, unlike my husband, have never masturbated on a FaceTime Yeah, I mean neither. But also I have another question. Is it like snapchat? Where if you because I feel like it did alert Edwin when I was attempting to try to screen record it, but I didn't know how because I'm not very good on the phone.
Speaker 2: But you made it give him a notice? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did it give Rachel a notice when he went to screen grab or record what was happening? Like, don't you get a notice when that happens?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I don't think anyone's ever tried to screen grab a FaceTime because I'm just not that interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean like I'm like, yeah, you're right, You're not You're yeah, You're like no, I yeah, clearly, clearly. But do you do you think this is similar to the restraining order she got against Shena, Like remember she filed one against Shena before the reunion that then ended up getting dropped. Do you think she's doing this for attention or do you think she's getting bad advice or do you think she's really going to get a big.
Speaker 2: Payout for this? You know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's probably a little bit of everything. I think she probably has. If the video was sent to people, then she definitely has a good case. But again, I think a lot of it's retaliatory too, where she's just feeling like she's the victim and she wants to do something to make it look like, you know, like she was set up and she was a victim in all of this.
Speaker 1: Well, she did say on a recent episode of her podcast that Tom would get upset if she didn't reach out after a day or two, telling her she was selfish and running away from her problems. When she was staying at the medical facility, the metals that she left him to deal with all the fodder, an overall discussion of Tom being a terrible Rachel suing arianisqu we also cannot forget that Rachel while spending a whole season lying as well, asked Arianna about her sex life with Tom on camera while she was actively sleeping with Tom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I understand.
Speaker 1: Everyone makes mistakes, but that's pretty like was that calculated though?
Speaker 2: To throw people off the trail?
Speaker 1: Regardless if I was having sex with Shane, I would avoid the topic of sex with you, like I don't need to talk about it with you. If I was having sex with Shane, I wouldn't be like, so, how's your sex life with Shane right now?
Speaker 2: But maybe you just wanted to compare.
Speaker 1: But either way, what do you think is going to happen to this? Do you think it's going to get dismissed or do you think someone's going to get in trouble?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think it depends on how many people they can prove that it was sent to. It's the distribution part well.
Speaker 1: I think the fact that we never saw everything gets leaked, and the fact that not a trace of this has been leaked, leads me to believe it has not been shared. Yeah, with too many people.
Speaker 2: That is true. That is a good analysis.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, Emily, I love the compliments. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm trying to be nice so that you know I don't get myself in trouble again.
Speaker 2: You look so pretty today.
Speaker 1: Listen, Please don't and please don't lie because I have stopping wet hair because I was trying to move the podcast time, because I needed to get my hair colored because the last time you made fun of my roots, and then I didn't have time to get.
Speaker 2: A blowout after, so I had to race home.
Speaker 1: The next one is Brittany Cartwright says Jax Taylor needs to change before reunion. There's been I would say between the last maybe it started on Saturday, there's been like five different reports. First it was that Brittany had moved into a friend's place. Then Jax came forward and said that wasn't actually true. They're fine, and then Britney removed her you know Taylor from her last name.
Speaker 2: We saw.
Speaker 3: The car, the car of the car, Yeah, full of lots of stuff.
Speaker 1: The car is as bad as arian his bedroom.
Speaker 2: I was going to say the same thing. Did Arianna pack up that car for her?
Speaker 3: Or maybe she says maybe she says, helping Ariana clean her room.
Speaker 5: I'm dead that I thought that the last name was Taylor, but it's actually Pouchy or catch c au Chi.
Speaker 1: But I just assumed it was Jack's Taylor. But now she removed. Jack's real last name is the one she removed from her Instagram, not his stage name. Oh as a stage namer. Yeah, but she's She's saying that this is definitely for her mental health, she noted on Friday, denying it's a publicity stunt for the couple's upcoming reality show, The Valley. She says, I think that's one of the hardest parts right now, that people are speculating that I'm doing something for the show coming out, because actually, no, whenever you fight with somebody for so long, there's only so much you can take. And I deserve better, and Cruise deserves better by this messaging and the fact that thou who protests too much as Jack saying this is not over, this is not done, this is right. I my guess is she caught him slipping?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm sure absolutely, And what do you mean by slipping, like his penis slipped.
Speaker 1: Into somewhere else. I don't think his penis was slipping into the girl whose photo they keep showing because that's his publicist.
Speaker 2: Where they're like, was Jack's on this secret?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Right? Right? I don't think it was her, but something happened after that trip, But I don't know. There's also will it help people tune into the Valley? I don't know. I don't know that I would watch The Valley if I wasn't getting paid to watch The Valley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're not interested in watching it, are you? Uh?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I mean I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I always say that I don't like to watch stuff, but then when I start watching it, then I kind of get sucked into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: It's like me with Love is Blind. Right now, I'm very invested.
Speaker 2: Okay, I started. I started watching that the other night.
Speaker 1: And do you think and I know that we're not talking about Love is Blind, but I have a question. Do you think you would have fallen in love with Shane had you only heard his voice?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Because he has a great voice, and he's funny, and I like people that are funny, like sarcasm, witty sarcasm.
Speaker 2: I'm attracted to that.
Speaker 1: How many days in a pod? Do you think it would take him to make you fall in love with him? Or do you think who do you think would have fallen in love first?
Speaker 2: Oh, me with him or him with me? Yeah? Yeah, I don't know. Probably probably him with me because I'm extraordinary. I don't know.
Speaker 1: The interesting part about Love is Blind, which is what I really like, is once they come out of the pods and you see how much they cannot stand one another, you to believe is love actually love can see?
Speaker 2: Yes, love is not blind.
Speaker 1: Love.
Speaker 2: Love has twenty twenty vision and contact.
Speaker 1: And ly six, I can do all the things.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. All right, I guess we have to get off Love is Blind.
Speaker 1: But let's take a little break and we'll come back and talk about episode six. Okay, so we're about to talk about episode six. But while I was on my restroom break washing my hands, I was thinking about something. Yeah, do you think that the face time when if somebody was going to send a FaceTime as a as a female pleasuring themselves. Yeah, are they showing their face or are they showing their privates? Or do they have like a holder like, how do I.
Speaker 2: Have like logistically, how does it work? Yes, I don't know. Maybe it shouldn't be FaceTime, it should be like vagina time. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's like I just I'm really trying to wrap my head around what like do you have to squench your body?
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a lot of work, Like you would have to get like your your phone and put it in your iPhone holder with maybe like a ring light, and then you.
Speaker 2: Know, I don't want to see my privates with a ring light.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 3: I just if someone's face timing while they're doing that, that they need good light so that the other person, you know, gets a good view.
Speaker 1: Like I think they just a jet in a glam well. I mean, would you shave or something before you did that. You would make sure he's lazered, You would make sure it's.
Speaker 3: Nice and trim down there before you just put it out there on a FaceTime call.
Speaker 1: But I would think that it would be sexier to see somebody's face like making the noises talking than like I don't know.
Speaker 3: Then you mean like it's a literal FaceTime, but you just can't see.
Speaker 2: What's going on. Below. Yeah, you just know what's happening.
Speaker 1: You're using your imagination to guess what's happening below.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, we'll go with that. Well, okay, if you disagree, then just say it. I gave my whole relight scenario, but it wasn't enough for me. No, I got it. Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's day two in Tahoe. Everyone's slowly waking up. When James yells about needing his special chocolates, which I was, like, the mushroom ones or what about the special ones, the special chocolates. Sandoval is writing in his journal. He writes a lot in his journal.
Speaker 3: He does you know what I was thinking? I was like, was that his idea to write in the journal? Or or was it like, hey, you should write in a journal? Like was he trying to look sensitive? I think Rachel told him he should be journaling, and so he was journaling because someone told him to journal.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I felt like it was like a ploy to make him look like he was deep and sensitive.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, I would assume it was to a superficial narcissist.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, like the rest of us, right, But I do think Rachel was probably at this point, there's still in communication at you know, she's calling him from you know, on the landline from.
Speaker 1: The meadows, and she's saying, I'm doing all this work on myself. He's upset, saying you're selfish, and she says, well, if you really want to do this, you should stop drinking, and you should be journaling, and he should be doing all these things. So he's making sure in case she ever comes back, there is tape of him journey right. But then Sandoval states that yesterday was one of the craziest filming experience he's ever had since being on the show. He writes about Shena inviting him over to the table at the airport. He says Seas only gotten one hour of sleep the night before, making him extra emotional the entire day. He also says his talk with James could have gone better, but it was productive.
Speaker 3: How is his craziest filming experience That Sena invited him over to a table at the airport.
Speaker 1: Maybe because he thought they were never going to be friends again. But like I'm imagining, like the blurred out parts are like Tom doodling, like Rachel Sandoval, with like lightning bolts everywhere like what's actually freaking happening?
Speaker 2: Like why did they need to blur stuff out? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe they just blurted out to make you think that there's something interesting on that, but there's actually nothing there.
Speaker 1: But like I have messy, terrible, big handwriting, and he's got like beautiful penmanship. I mean, I guess that's a quality I could look for in a partner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's important.
Speaker 1: So when he writes love notes, it's very pretty, so like he can touch the lamp send a note that he's been writing in his journal. Then Lala and she and are laying in bed talking about their trip so far. Shena texted Ariana yesterday, telling her how everything's been very surface level and there's been no big fights yet. Both Lala and Sena emphasized if this were either of their trips, Sandoval wouldn't have been invited. Then, Sheena reminds Lalla of the time with Sandoval. This was a big thing for me, Santoval I sat so Sonny during the pandemic because she had no income. She starts crying and says the line I'm not saying come over for dinner and let me paint your tonyas white. But despite her sadness, when it comes to her broken friendship with Santavala, Shina Tellsala she doesn't feel tormed.
Speaker 2: She's team Ariana.
Speaker 1: Until she dies. I don't know that you can say that because I already feel like the shift of your no longer team Mariana because you're pissed off about Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know what, Also, I think, how do you say that someone sent you money during the pandemic without you asking for it, and thousands of dollars showed up in your account and the fact that he never brought it up on camera, not the camera, and he could have to make himself look bad better or have some redeeming qualities and he never did. So I don't know. In that moment, I was like, how do you say that and then say your team Ariana? Like that doesn't make sense to me? Well, like you should just be team no team, no team your team?
Speaker 1: Who's ever the you know the better friend to you? But I since seeing this episode, I have sent tom My, Zelle, My Venmo.
Speaker 2: My Pap.
Speaker 1: I can't have you gotten any have you gotten anything any deposits?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I'm happy to accept them at any point that he's fit, like, because I do. I'm willing to accept the money and listen, you know, I'll be team Tom all the way. If he wants to marry me, moneybeat.
Speaker 2: Team Tom until you die.
Speaker 1: I'll be until I die or until Vana plumb Rules is over and I'm onto the Valley, whichever comes first. But then we get Ariana doing a photoshoot for her new cocktail book. Unlike the last one, which featured Sandoval, this one is all her.
Speaker 2: Arianna doesn't think Tom believes she could do anything on her own. She calls this book her breakup album, being inspired by Alanis Morrisset, Kelly Clarkson, and Beyonce. The title of the book is single af Cocktails Drinks for Bad Bitches by Arianna Maddox. I also want to point out that Alanis morrisa breakup anthem was about Dave Coolier from Full House? Was it the Funny Guy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, wow, Okay, yeah, I think I do that Arianna's ability to monetize Sandoval should actually be studied in colleges everywhere.
Speaker 2: At this point, Yeah, she excels at that. It's like, Hey, we did a book together.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do it on my own this time, like it's not even genius ideas yet here we are.
Speaker 1: And now it makes me annoyed that I haven't because I was sent both of those books. You probably were as well. I'm gonna anoy that. Oh you weren't.
Speaker 2: Oh nothing? Yeah no, sorry? Where you sent to Tom and Tom Candle? No? Nothing, oh no.
Speaker 1: But I'm wondering. I didn't there was story time in the cocktail books. I thought it was like a recipe book for cocktails.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Is there story time in there?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: What is it? It's some drinks but also some detailed stories of what their relationship.
Speaker 1: I guess because she like kind of lays out, broke it out all right into the different checks like I'm happy for you, the love, the blood, the betrayal, all the things. Now I'm like, okay, Ariana, once again, very smart because that book that I got three months ago, I am now going to open it and start to look because let's be honest, I'm never going to learn how to make a cocktail. No really, but if there's going to be story time, I'm interested.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How did you feel about Shannon? The Meditation instructor. I actually, Shannon the meditation instructor didn't bother me. I actually liked her, and I liked how she made them sit back to back. I thought that was smart.
Speaker 2: No, who didn't like that? She didn't like that.
Speaker 1: She didn't like that.
Speaker 2: She also, she know, was so fucking pissed that Brock was late. She couldn't even see straight. I know he's a lot. I've just come over from the ateenth hole.
Speaker 1: Also, when she woke up and said that she thought that he went golfing. I thought he went golfing with one of the other guys in the house. And then all I'm like, lo and behold their shorts and Sandoval and like they're all there. So he went like golfing with other people and then didn't make it back in time to film, and she was like no, no, and then she had to step back to back with Sandoval.
Speaker 2: She was not having a good day at all. She wasn't.
Speaker 1: And then she tried to get Brock to come over to do back to back on a few he wasn't, and he was probably because he knew he was going to get his ass. She's like, I'm going to stay way over here, way over here and listen, we love our guys shorts.
Speaker 2: But his dirty feet really made me anxious.
Speaker 1: Why I checked? Not one other person had dirty feet? No, no, I didn't. I didn't even notice the dirty feet. Do you let me see your foot? No? I I have Toto shoes on. There's no dirty feet here, look okay, all right, yeah, all right. Well that's good for you that you have sneakers on, because who knows what would be underneath that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't have socks on. So, but it gets very chaotic.
Speaker 1: During the meditation, the instructor asks everyone to relax and play a movie of their life. We get like, very like chaotic flashbacks of Sandoval's last few months with Arianna and the friend group. And then this is the real doozy. The instructor tells everyone to go back with the person that they're sitting back to back with and imagine them never seeing the person again.
Speaker 2: That made me sad. I got a little teary eyed.
Speaker 1: So did Tom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: So now you've seen Shane cry three times in fifteen years, and we've seen Tom cry fifteen time and three episodes. Sounds about right, But what did you think about Sheena getting up. She's super emotional. There's lots of back and forth. Okay, here's what I think. I think she's struggling because I think she wants to be okay with Tom. I think that she would like to make up with him and move forward. But I think she's it's difficult because then she knows that if she does that, then Arianna is like everybody who's who's okay with Tom is dead to Ariana. So I think she's trying to navigate. She cares about Ariana, or she cares about what social media and out. Because once I saw the amount of times that she was looking up the picture where.
Speaker 2: She had her arms around Tom and everybody was coming for her.
Speaker 1: I think that she I listen, I'm biased because I like she and I like hanging out with her. I've always had a wonderful time with her. I don't think she's a bad person, but I think on this show she gets a lot of heat for straddling the fence or whatever they like to say it. You know, she's always a flip flopper or whatever it may be, and she doesn't want that again this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I think she's genuinely concerned about the backlash from public, from the social media mob. So I feel like she's afraid to move forward with Sandibal because then she's going to not only piss off Ariana, but also piss off the public because I'm sure when they started filming there was such a backlash against Tom and everybody was so supportive of Ariana that that's where everybody's mentally at.
Speaker 1: But my other question is, whenever you see, you know, we watch Ariana and Katie not actually interviewing the people for the sandwich shop with the other lady doing it, but then they talked to she on the phone, it doesn't really appear to me that they like Shena.
Speaker 3: I agree, And the way that they look at each other and like side eye each other and you know, kind of like roll their eyes she's talking, they're just like, you know, I'm like, I think she Nie says, make up with Tom and move on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just make up with Tom, because I don't think. I don't know. I guess we haven't watched from the beginning, but there doesn't seem to be a ton of love from Ariana to Shina. And I know that Katie used to hate Shena well, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know if you used to is the correct word, because the way they sia each other, I feel like it's currently Yeah, it might be in present for.
Speaker 2: Him, but somehow they get through the meditation.
Speaker 1: But then they go on, they decide the Tahoe group takes a ride on some gondolas. Sandoval, Schwartz, and Brock are in one together while the rest of the group or in another. Sandoval once again defends his action, saying he and Rachel never did anything to intentionally hurt Anyone points out that Santoval's team tried to lie about Brock hooking up with Rachel during the height of scandival to take some of the heat off of him.
Speaker 2: Do we believe this?
Speaker 1: Which part the part where for a while it was like implied that Brock was also had hooked up with Rachel because Rachel just goes in trying to steal everybody's boyfriends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know about that, so Brock did. He didn't actually hook up.
Speaker 1: No, but Brock was telling Tom, Hey, because of this, your team started planting stories about me, So yeah, I also could have hooked up with Rachel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then Tom said, no way, his team did that. That's absolutely untrue. What never happened.
Speaker 1: I've met Tom's team. I'm not sure they're listen. I love Tom's team, very nice gentlemen. You saw them at Tom's birthday. I'm not sure they're savvy enough to make that story. Just sit around and calculate that story and then put it out there. Sorry. I think that story born because Sheena made a big deal last year saying I would trust Rachel laying in bed with Brock and not worry about it, And so I think that's how the story started, not because Tom's team was like.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, deflection over here.
Speaker 1: Getting back to Katie and Arianna hiring.
Speaker 2: This was last July. Where are they? Where are they working?
Speaker 3: I don't know, But you know what, it's hard to watch that scene knowing that they still aren't open. Yeah, I mean, and then they were like complaining about how the woman took over Enny many steps. They're so mad at Penny. But then I'm like, but when Penny was done asking questions, that would be your opportunity to also ask questions. But they're just like, bye, nice to meet you, Yeah, bye bye.
Speaker 1: They're two booked up being pissed at Penny and Sheena, and that they're not on the Tahoe trip, and that this is the one thing they're filming, hiring people from a business that's still not open. Like it's it's rough. It's rough going out there, and I like those girls. It's just. But also things I need to know. Is Penny still on the payroll? I want to know are they are they paying rent? Are they still currently paying rent? Have they been paying rent this entire time? And does the big deal tie work there? Is he just making the big bill time? Is he just making salami sandwiches on his downtime just in case, like preparing himself.
Speaker 5: He's like, screw you four seasons, there's a t I might get a shot and to say which shop.
Speaker 1: So let's hope he didn't put in his letter of resignation right after that interview, because otherwise he screwed Santam's gonna have to send him paypals too. Yep, poor guy. Then they're on the boat. Things are starting to come unraveled. Half the boat being drunk and the other half being sober is a little bit rough. It's rough going the fact that they're needing to do shots of oxygen just to get the through it, tequila, I need oxygen. I thought it was a whipp it. At first, I was like, they're showing this.
Speaker 2: I did too, because he's like, that's some good stuff.
Speaker 1: I was like, And then I was like, oh, that isn't whipped cream, that's just oxygen.
Speaker 2: Take from this oxygen.
Speaker 1: But Sina starts to cry and admit she can't keep hating Tom for Ariana. Katie and Ariana aren't remorseful at all. If I had a tear for every time she cried this episode in regards to Sandoval, I'd be rich enough not to do this pod anymore.
Speaker 2: You could just resign.
Speaker 1: I was right now, I'm done, bye bye. And then we've got what about James Hard launching the return of Hippie or Graham or whatever his name is by posting the photo on the boat and Ali panicking because she's like, this means it's real. Yeah, now we've made it official. The next dog that how'd you feel about Shorts hitting on the boat attendee.
Speaker 3: I've founded amusing. I felt like she's forced into being nice, though, because if you're hitting on someone on camera, like I feel like they are kind of forced to go along with it. Well, clearly she didn't feel two forced because we never saw her back at the house for the cookoff later.
Speaker 2: You know, that's hard, that's true. She was being nice though.
Speaker 1: She was like, oh yeah, okay, She's like sure, yeah, whatever good?
Speaker 3: Did you wash your feet in the ocean? I was, yeah, maybe it's some dirty feet. That was a turnoff.
Speaker 1: Then we get to this is the I think that probably the best part of the episode, where Santaval and La La start to really get into it. Lah has kind of been taking a back seat, but she essentially wants an apology from Tom because Tom has always had an issue with things that Lala has done, and he's saying that she needs to be honest about her life. But even when saying this, he was currently having an affair with Rachel, Right.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on?
Speaker 1: Like I when I watched these shows and when I you know, when I talk to you, I think sometimes we can all be hypocrites.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think he was that he was a hypocrite, But I think I think she made a good point and it made sense when she was talking about it, and I could tell that all she wanted was a recognition that he was hypocritical. And that he made a confident about her not being real while he's having an affair with someone in their friend group. I feel like that was an opportunity for him to just show a little vulnerability in some humanity and say, you're absolutely right, that was totally out of line.
Speaker 2: I was lying, I.
Speaker 3: Was being deceitful, I was trying to deflect and right, and I shouldn't have done that, and now I see it. But instead he just he just goes into her, and that's why he pisses people off, and that's why you can only like him for a limited amount of time and you feel badly for him, but it's only in short spurts because then he says really dumb stuff again, and then you're back at square one again.
Speaker 1: If what I feel like when you watch him, if you start having conversations with him and everything is sold and kind and you're not accusatory, he can handle it. But the second you start to put any blame on him and he isn't choosing it to do it himself to start, he blows yeah, and like it's I mean the fact that even he talks about La La in an article the day he and Rachel got caught. He even corrected her and said, oh, it was the day before, it was the day of, Like, how could you even do.
Speaker 2: That to me?
Speaker 1: And then Sandoval tries defending himself, saying he kept a seven month relationship private, why Lala kept her six year relationship quiet for a few years.
Speaker 2: I mean, they get into a screaming fight.
Speaker 1: It doesn't appear that he really starts to understand what Laala saying at all until Sheina gets involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well she has to break it down. I mean, I guess he didn't understand what Lala was saying from the get go, and I think maybe that's why he got heated. I guess I can maybe change too much. Maybe he needs the lay off the oxygen. Yeah, it's like sometimes I have too much oxygen.
Speaker 2: I'm like what.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess, But he did do the same to James at the party. He doesn't he is so stuck in living in the world of the show that he can't also like compartmentalize and say, yes, this did happen at one point in our relationship, with our friendships, this is what I recently did, right.
Speaker 3: So you're saying it at his birthday party when James came and was talking to him and he's like, but you, So he turns it around.
Speaker 1: You hooked up with Kristen eleven years ago or whatever? It was, right right, Like, there's always that. But I think that when you do something shitty, that tends to be what you want to do. You want to find other people that did shitty things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you want to bring up the shitty things that they did and throw it out there to deflect from the shitty thing.
Speaker 2: That you did.
Speaker 3: But I guess it comes down to whoever did the shittiest thing currently they just have to deal with that. Yeah, we've already worked through the shitty things you guys have done in years past. We're on this great thing, right, well, your shitty thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then we get they seem to have like kind of a breakthrough. They seem fine. She does call sand of all scary, saying he doesn't take accountability. She starts to see like patterns that she's not comfortable with. But then we're back to Sena having another mental breakdown about the picture she took with the fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like, because I've been there too, and I'm sure you have too, you can't help the social media mob. Like whatever someone thinks at some point, there's nothing you could do about it. The only thing you can do. Shane always says, you need to just put your phone down and give it seventy two hours and then they move on to something else. You can't, you can't mentally just get into it and read all the comments and cry over it because it is what it is. And when you put yourself out there, when you're on a reality show, when you're out taking pictures with fans, it happens.
Speaker 2: It happens to all of us.
Speaker 1: Well. I feel like if I were to read my mentions, I would also be in the meadows. Maybe you should read them so that she feels better, Like I'd be like, sorry, Emle, I'm gonna be going months, so you're gonna go and hang out with Rachel or you gonna have to do somewhere you have together. You cannot go to my mentions like I can't know way and like, especially on a trip on camera all the things, you don't go to the mentions.
Speaker 2: Or you can. Really you could really live life on the edge if you just get rid of all your what is it your band words, your lists of band words, if you can just delete them all for like a week and see what happens.
Speaker 1: The sadness I would feel my getting all those clown faces like the nothing gives me more joy than knowing that I blocked the clown face and like you, no matter.
Speaker 2: What you try to do, I can't get it in there.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: I will never see the clown face. No, not happening. But I also want to know what's wrong with me that that face really offends me that much.
Speaker 2: I don't know you get you get it that often? Oh, I got it like you're a clown, You're a clown.
Speaker 1: And then the face like I just think the face is so rotten, Like I just don't want to see that face, Like what you need to do? But I don't need to see the face.
Speaker 2: But she.
Speaker 1: Says Ariana isn't coming to her defense, which said, I'm like, no, ship of course she's not going to come to your defense. But then sheen EVNSD to Lala that Ariana never validates her conflicting emotions with sand of all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's never going to happen. Yeah never.
Speaker 1: Hello, listen, I also do not have a high IQ, but I know that that is not going to happen.
Speaker 2: Never.
Speaker 1: Then, during Laala's confessionals, she says Ariana needs to pull her head out of her ash. She needs to remember who her friends are and they've done for her. Then Sheena asked why they can never have a moment that's about her. She's tired of everything revolving around Ariana.
Speaker 3: And then that's what finally, finally, I feel like people are actually saying what they're finally thinking.
Speaker 1: But I do think Sheena totally so like told on herself by saying she wanted to be on Dancing with the Stars, but she just was happy for her friend. I'm so happy for her. I'm just so happy. I'm so happy for her. I can't wait for eleven years, but I'm thrilled. But she got so happy, she got it, Like I was like, Okay, here we go. We finally got to the real story.
Speaker 2: But I'm so happy. I'm good as gold. I'm so happy for her.
Speaker 1: But I do think things are picking up. I do think things are picking up.
Speaker 2: Yes they are. It's definitely get better.
Speaker 1: It's getting better. But I do wonder what happens when they get home from Tahoe, because we see Joe into the mix with shorts, which is clear what we predicted was right, that they're friends with benefits and now she wants to take things to the next level and he's not having it.
Speaker 2: No, i'still in love with Katie. No, I don't think so. I don't feel that, do you. I don't know. Like the way he was.
Speaker 1: Talking about her when Brock was blackout wasted, he didn't have a good response, but he just kept saying she liked me when I had nothing. It makes me feel like all of the relationships he's had now that he is I guess something. I don't know, feel like people are just with him because he's on a television show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe he's That's the one thing he's missing from that relationship was the authenticity of it, even if it's not her, but the level of authenticity, because he's clearly not getting that now.
Speaker 1: No, clearly, No, absolutely not. I mean especially not from the girl from the boat. She never showed up.
Speaker 3: Unless she showed up and they were like, look, we don't need you to film me. Have enough going on right now.
Speaker 2: She is crying law laws, fighting with standalball.
Speaker 5: We don't bleed you text messages also, did you notice that they've blurred out part of those text messages.
Speaker 1: Sorry on it again, like don't please, don't like you know, try to pull us. I can read, and I can see when you're blurring stuff out or only reading half of a sentence.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Again, maybe it has to do a production I don't know, or filming. You don't think so, Yeah, I mean it probably does, but I would like to see the full text. I'm fine. I also don't mind breaking the fourth wall. I don't mind it at all.
Speaker 3: I feel like the trend now is to do that more often, don't you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have a problem with it.
Speaker 1: Loah, love it, don't mind it, but I am curious to see where it goes from here once they're all back in LA with Hippie and all the people doing all the things.
Speaker 2: But Hippie anyway, is that a better name than Graham?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. No. Also, it doesn't naturally come. It's not like I knew the dog Graham. It's not like Graham's but like Graham. He looks like a Graham cracker, he does, but Hippy Graham is always on a tight lea. She also noticed the Graham maybe a touch of truth to Rachel's story because.
Speaker 2: They never have that Graham just roaming around. No, I'm surprised he doesn't have like an E caller on too, like a shocker.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you guys, thanks for tuning in to another episode of Popping Off. We hope you enjoyed. Please ask any questions or anything that you need from us, and we will do our best to annoy you.
Speaker 3: And don't DM her saying that I'm mean is now shot to pretend to be nice, which she but it has to be nice and I don't like it.
Speaker 4: M m m m m hm m mmm