Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and show Kaddy arm Strong and Jetty and he arm wrong, you get it.
Speaker 2: Friday, dimple that room people, then the bowels of the Armstrong and getting communications compound music Clouder.
Speaker 1: Pop it up. There were going to show putting on a show people.
Speaker 3: What's that quote from that that song you like to throw around?
Speaker 1: If you don't want to party something, don't darken my door?
Speaker 2: Oh from Prince if you didn't come to party, don't bother knocking on my door? Hell yeah, from nineteen ninety nine exactly. That's what we got going on today. If you didn't come to the party, don't bother knocking on our door?
Speaker 1: Right the hell? It's the matter with you.
Speaker 2: And today today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 3: The Dolge Brothers turned loose on DC to shape it up.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, I hell of it. We'll see. It's worth a shot, Eh, couldn't hurt, couldn't hurt?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I was thinking about that. How if you're.
Speaker 2: Our age or so, you grew up in an age where Ronald Reagan said, what was his thing. The scariest nine words in the English language are I'm from the government, I'm here to help I mean, I'm here to help you. Yeah, let me say that again so people can hear what we said. I'm from the government and I'm here to help you. Ronald Reagan once said, we're the scariest words in the English language. And then Bill Clinton ran on the area of the era of big government is over. And then that went away for many, many decades, and it was all about who can we give how much and how many more programs can we build, and let's throw money at everything exactly.
Speaker 3: There's an enormous attitudinal shift that became the government is here to give me my material comforts and to solve my problems, all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and anyway, so that may have reverted. Maybe the state is on the retreat again. That would be nice if that's the case. I don't know if it is, but.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of several of the topics that we discuss a fair amount. It's going to be a long, hard fight, a couple of victories, a couple of headlines, it's going to feel great, But often the evildoers, whoever you perceive them to be. One of their strategies is to like The University of Michigan, for instance, just announced that it blessedly will no longer require testaments of ideological faithfulness to the cult, also known as DEI statements. They said, I can't require those in any department in the university, and that's great. That's a good set because they're obscene. But at the same time, the administration made it clear that diversity, equity, and inclusion are among our most cherished principles here at Michigan. So you know, it's a small victory, but just small, right, do you know?
Speaker 2: Do you understand this breaking news from the Wall Street Journal that happened this morning. Boeing's plea deal and two deadly seven thirty seven Max crashes has been rejected. The judge cited what he called an inappropriate DEI requirement in the agreement. Oh really, yeah, I haven't read the story yet. I just saw the headline.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just saw the judge plea deal thing and thought we probably won't talk about it.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize there was a DEI component.
Speaker 2: But again, you know, whether spending or that sort of stuff, I just maybe it's on the retreat.
Speaker 1: Finally, after a good solid run of a couple of decades for crying out loud.
Speaker 3: Wellan, what do you do when the other team is when you got the other team down?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 3: What do you do into a big NFL weekend? You don't know this, You're you got no chance the other teams down.
Speaker 1: You step on of their throat. O wow. You don't let them back in the game, don't let them hang around. You crush them. Somewhat graphic.
Speaker 3: If you're din't golf your match play, you're up five, you go up seven.
Speaker 1: You put your foot out their throat.
Speaker 2: I wish I could figure out a way as a parent to not get stressed out about buying gifts for kids for Christmas.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't, but I do.
Speaker 2: I have, and I am again this year as Christmas is approaching and trying to figure out what I'm going to get the kids or how much is too much or too little, or or what or getting them what they want or not getting what they want or all that sort of stuff. I just I'm not good at doing that and making it fun.
Speaker 1: For some reason. It's it's it's it's a task, it's a it's a burden for me as a person, you're alone in that instead of something that should be enjoyable. A lot of people stress about that.
Speaker 2: It just it seems like they're doing it. Seems like I'm doing something wrong. If it's a burden and and and and unpleasant as opposed to something joyous, it doesn't even have to be joyous. I'd settle for breaking even. I'd settle for neutral, like when you go to the grocery store pick up milk. I'd settle for neutral as opposed to you know, stressful burden.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: And while there is a great deal of love and fun in raising teenagers, at times, it can be like the US's relationship with Turkey.
Speaker 1: It's an uneasy alliance. Yeah, I will have two teenagers in two weeks, although only one of them has made the teenager turn into he'd just assume I wasn't around, So.
Speaker 2: That makes it somewhat easier. I guess I realized that's part of the li But they both are to the age where they mostly want clothes for Christmas, and uh, okay, fine, And I don't know how much fun that's going to be to play with your new pants on Christmas afternoon.
Speaker 1: But uh, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: I know, well, I would suggest, and I'm sure Michael agrees with me. Gifts they'll always treasure, like a nice writing tablet and some gel pens to practice their penmanship in an abacus helps them better understand mathematics.
Speaker 1: My excellent idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, learning tools exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there's an abacus. Son.
Speaker 2: My son last night had a biology thing and usually I can help with homework, but he brought me down something.
Speaker 1: He said, do you understand any of this?
Speaker 2: And I looked at it and I read like for thirty seconds and thought, I don't have the slightest idea what any of this is.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't even know where to start.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure if I googled it and started from the beginning, I could learn it, but it might take me an hour. There certainly wasn't Oh sure I help you with that?
Speaker 1: Wow? What was the topic? Briefly? Did you get that far?
Speaker 2: Was it like?
Speaker 1: Was photosynthesis or cell division?
Speaker 2: Different kinds of plants breeding together, and what traits would take over there? Unnatural putting it and different? What traits would take over? And you had to form a grid of what kind of plant you're probably, but anyway, it's very specific, and I had genetics.
Speaker 1: You do it using terms I don't know if I ever learned. So I often think, is this something I did I never learn this because he's going to a private school that might be teaching him. Suff I didn't learn in a public school? Or did I learn this? And like I have zero recognition, in which case, in my son's ways saying why am I gonna lose use this? See, you don't remember and you're fine, And I was thinking, just because you're right, son, doesn't mean you shouldn't shut up and learn something you'll never need.
Speaker 2: I thought, I wonder if I did learn this, and like I have zero recognition of it, not just oh yeah kind of a has a mazing memory.
Speaker 1: Zero, in which case you have to ask the question, don't you what is the point?
Speaker 3: Well, it was a tool you didn't use. I just got rid of a saw minor saw. I'm never gonna use it again, And I saw but I had the tool. I used it a little bit, and I decided I didn't need it anymore. Your day to day life does not require a knowledge of alleles and other you know, genetic mumbo jumbo, which again I kind of remember some of the words, but sure's heck not.
Speaker 1: What they mean. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I found all that stuff fascinating. I did too basic genetics. I never got beyond that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, anyway, we should start the show officially. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this is how did it already get to be?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 2: This is where the pressure is coming, right, parents, husbands, wives, whoever's buying stuff for people.
Speaker 1: It is Friday, December the sixth.
Speaker 2: We're running out of time here in the year twenty twenty four, warmstrong and getting we approve of this program. Let's begin the show then, officially, according to FCC rules and regulations, here we go.
Speaker 1: Starting at mark.
Speaker 4: As Biden took part in the annual lighting of the White House Christmas tree. Not only did he light the tree this year, he gave it a preemptive pardon just in.
Speaker 1: Case it yeah, calls over on someone.
Speaker 4: Or gets all coked up and throws its gun in the dumpster hood. They kept referring to it as Biden's final tree lighting ceremony, which, when you're his age and probably not what you want to hear. Everything you could, you do, could be your final time doing it is could also be his last time wearing shoes outside.
Speaker 1: Wow from the liberal.
Speaker 2: Kimmel The age shots are one thing, But man, that was a pointed joke about Hunter Biden's pardon. Get coked up and throw a gun and dumpster.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: The more I think about and read about the preemptive blanket pardon and the fact that, God help us, they're considering bestowing that on other people, the more I think it's one of the more dangerous and notable moments in presidential history.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I think this is going to emerge as the worst thing Joe Biden ever did or already has.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's that's a that's a hell of a list. But I don't think you're wrong.
Speaker 2: I was listening to the Dispatch, which were fans of They have their lawyers on their advisory opinions taking a look at things, and Sarahsger and David French, both Harvard lawyer people, looking at the pardon and like really getting into the nitty gritty of the legal but they're both super anti Trump, angry as hell over this, horrified, mostly because of the attacking the Justice Department, that's where the rubber meets the road on this. Everybody agrees. You pardon your kid, We get it. You attack the Justice Department and act like this was a phony political witch hunt. Okay, now you're into crazyville and just destroying major institutions and all kinds of bad stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh and as they pointed out, so no whiff.
Speaker 5: You didn't.
Speaker 2: Nobody's ever mentioned anything in the Biden White House about political prosecutions around Trump. All of those court cases, all of them that happened to come up during a presidential election, completely legit and the timing and everything, but the one against your son absolutely so political.
Speaker 1: I had to pardon him. Yeah, give me a break. I don't understand it.
Speaker 3: And maybe it's because Joe Biden's senile or his nut job wife, if fake doctor is calling the shots. But his rationale, that conspiracy theory against his own Justice Department, again ignoring all the obvious lawfair that's been going on in the other direction, has been bought by exactly nobody. There are a couple of minor waste of time talking heads on cable news that are making noises like.
Speaker 1: Well, the president has a case. It makes a good point, but nobody actually believes.
Speaker 3: It, So why would you pooh all over what tread of credibility you have left in your quote unquote legacy when when you have the card. Look, I love the boy, I have this power. I've got a magic wand I'm gonna use it. I know you hate me for it. I apologize, but my son's a screw up, and I'm an old man. I can't stand to see him go to prison.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, I got some theories, but we'll talk about that more later. How does mailbag look pretty good? But we have to give way to cow of course. Clips of the week awesome, that's on the way, And here's our text line four one five two nine five k ftc.
Speaker 1: Armstrong And in a sign that Pete Hegseth is definitely not bowing out. He is agreed to the FBI background checking. So that's gonna begin. So there was some speculation yesterday that when he didn't go to mar A Lago that the deal was up or jig was up or whatever, but apparently not coming up.
Speaker 3: Mail Bag freedom loving Quote of the day. All sorts of unpacking of more of the oral arguments before the Spring Court, the more I and other people dig into it, the more insane, the whole gender bending madness becomes all sorts of good stuff to get to. But first, let's take a fond look back at the week that was. It's cow clips of the Week.
Speaker 1: I'm in the final weeks of my presidency. You don't have to clap through that. Wow, I got nothing for you on that. The whips of the week, Pete Hegseeth is digging his heels in. I'm not gonna have a dream that all believe that he is not that man he was seven years ago.
Speaker 3: Cash Patel, he is the most unfairly maligned person that I work with.
Speaker 1: Trump's enemies quote should be very afraid. Yes, we're going to come after the people in the media.
Speaker 6: The court has to treat it like all other forms of sex discrimination.
Speaker 2: Countries that have been at the forefront of this are pumping the breaks.
Speaker 5: Every medical treatment has a risk, even taking astrid.
Speaker 1: These are young people who may have known since they were two years old exactly who they are. And have you ruled out a pardon for your son?
Speaker 2: Yes, no reasonable person who looks at the facts of Hunter's cases can reach any other conclusion than Hunter was singled out.
Speaker 5: He changed this decision this weekend because he believes in the.
Speaker 1: Justice of sul Why don't you go ahead and pardon with Donald Trumpy.
Speaker 2: They are the goats of this favorite form of corruption. That if the hostages are not released prior to January twentieth, twenty twenty five, there will be all hell to pay in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Trump joked to him, Then maybe.
Speaker 3: Canada should become the fifty first state and Trudeau could become its governor.
Speaker 1: We do have too much regulation in this country. This country is so set up to grow.
Speaker 3: But when it came to trimming the fat out of Twitter, what he basically did is just open the door for Nazis and Hamas.
Speaker 6: The Syrian military is rushing and reinforcements, as rebels expand, they're deadly offensive.
Speaker 1: A lot of the impulsion backers of Syria who have supported it and kept the rebels from the duel are no longer as powerful as they would.
Speaker 2: The possible message, which appears to include the words deny, depose, and.
Speaker 1: Defend, but I can't tell you it. Nobody enjoys flying in your airlines. It's a disaster. Now go poop in a bucket, you beasts.
Speaker 5: This is behind, who brought it in, pitched its tail touchdown.
Speaker 2: Really feels like the Bills year. Sometimes sports teams just have that the magic happens. I think the Buffalo Bills are that team this year.
Speaker 3: Oh you just made Bills Nation shudder and terror as they felt that way before, or anybody longer old enough to know knows what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Here's your freedom.
Speaker 3: Lovely quote of the day, wrapping up our series on the law. This one from one Martin Luther King, Junior. And this one could spawn a long, long discas well, hell a book, multiple books. I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, One notable aspect of that quote that's often left out or glossed over, and our little college revolutionaries would do well to remember this is King makes clear you've got to suffer the consequences. That's part of the whole standing up against injustice thing. If you stand up against what you perceive to be injustice and then cry and whine.
Speaker 1: You're hurting me, you're squeezing me too much.
Speaker 3: Let me go back to class. I have a test tomorrow. You're nothing, You're a coward. I wish we had time for mailbag. Perhaps we'll sprinkle it in a little bit later on, because we've got some great comments about all sorts of stuff from the good folks. But we're up against a hard break.
Speaker 2: As we say in the Business Rock on Mark Alprin's reporting today and is newsletter that I read every morning, is the tide is turned on.
Speaker 1: Hegzaff.
Speaker 2: It's still, you know, like a coin flip, whether or not he'll get through to be sec deaf, but the tide has turned all the.
Speaker 1: Not a chance. Vibes that were happening earlier in the week are gone away.
Speaker 3: So it goes with high school gossip, and that's a lot of belt Way, you know.
Speaker 1: Jabbering is absolutely armstrong and getty.
Speaker 2: Usually because at the end of the year, our last show, we do our Clips of the year and then we name a clip of the year, and then we usually have a top five or top ten or whatever clips of the year, and then we vote what's the clip of the year, and it's usually something funny or at standing or whatever. I think things are getting weird and getting weird fast from Elon was last year's clip of the year.
Speaker 1: Things are getting weird and they getting weird fast. Which is a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I this is like the most boring of all time. But I think this should at least make the finals.
Speaker 1: This is a speaker of the freaking house Mike Johnson yesterday.
Speaker 2: Government is too big, it does too many things, and it does almost nothing well, and the taxpayers deserve better.
Speaker 1: There you go. When's the last time somebody at that level said that.
Speaker 3: I'd like to hoist them up on my shoulders and carry them off the field for just saying that, thanks a start.
Speaker 2: Is too big, it does too many things, and it does almost nothing well, and.
Speaker 1: The taxpayers deserve better. Show a hands who doesn't believe that? Right? Where am I? Where do I march? Who do I shoot? What? Can we start this revolution? Now? Who do I shoot? Wow? You you started there?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: That was that was That was the metaphorical, of course, but the idea being, hey, let's have another revolution, a revolution of and this is getting into the whole Doge mission. Kim Stressel with a brilliant piece in the Wall Street Journal. She's one of my favorite thinkers. I just I'll hit you with part of it. But this is this is like thirty thousand feet But that's important.
Speaker 1: Be well.
Speaker 3: I'll just shease far more eloquent than I am, so I'll let her speak. In the wake of the Obama IRS scandal, you remember that when all the conservative groups were getting targeted and couldn't get their four to oh one C three XYZ status. Remember tea party groups were being discriminated against. A well meaning GOP congressman posed this question, what rules might Congress enact to ensure that the tax bureaucrats couldn't again harass civic minded Americans. It was the classic political answer to a problem, more rules, and therefore the entirely wrong one. When it comes to controlling the ranks of bureaucrats, the biggest priority isn't reorganizing or even cutting numbers. It's about destroying their mission, their power.
Speaker 1: Here's what she's talking about.
Speaker 3: The IRS was able to target conservatives because its mission is to police an insanely complex tax code, counting regulations and guidelines that runs to an inconceivable sixteen million words, it is. This provides some ninety thousand functionaries stunning discretion to snoop, question, dispute, reinterpret, and penalize, while to end targeting, create a flat income tax, eliminate the corporate tax, abolish tax credits, simplify nonprofit rules, take away the mission, and you take away both the power and the need for most of that workforce. That's great, and I'd love to dig more into this, but we've got to re envision the relationship between government and the people.
Speaker 2: Well, as you said yesterday, we're either going to do this and this might be our last best chance, or we're looking at France, Yeah, which whatever, they did dissolve their government yesterday and they're trying to start over and they can't call new elections because their constitution won't allowed, and they're in a mess. And it's all about the fact that they're broke, right, and anybody who proposed anything to get them unbroke is immediately shouted down as balancing the budget on the backs of I don't know, guys in berets or whatever. It's the classic how dare you ask me for more taxes or fewer services after you have over provided or undertaxed for decades now, so France is absolutely at that cliff now anyway, But then Kim also gets into the reality of the thing.
Speaker 1: What's she talking about?
Speaker 3: Happy talk of mass firings is thrilling until one remembers that most bureaucrats are there because of complex programs mandated by Congress. Programs that don't simply disappear with pink slips. Might shave dollars to fire half the employees at program X, but it still leaves the other half to double down on program ex mischief. For a sense of that threat, consider a recent New York Times lament for the exhaustion felt by bureaucrats. Quote it the prospect of a second go around with Trump. They express anxieties about Trump priorities that will clash with their own expert opinion. They dislike any administration impeding the work on climate change, civil rights reforms, and regulatory protections. The peace ends with the smug hope that the bureaucracy is now so vast as to provide it imperviousness. This is the arrogance and resistance the reformers are up against.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Having said that, because I just love the vision of it. Can we please stop thinking and it helps to be a little older, I think, to come to the conclusion that this is just clear obvious wisdom.
Speaker 1: Can we please.
Speaker 3: Stop thinking that something that has existed for twenty years or twenty five or thirty or whatever.
Speaker 1: Has always been and must always be.
Speaker 3: It didn't exist before somebody decided it should exist. Should it continue to exist? We get to make that decision.
Speaker 1: Not everything created should be permanent. It's gonna be interesting to watch because the guy that's driving the truck on this has a hell of a messaging platform. That's Elon Musk. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Doge brother says, I'm calling them when I spit it out correctly. The Doge brothers, Elon and Viveiq have actually unleashed their six point top pursuits that they're gonna go after.
Speaker 1: Here's what they're saying. We'll just touch on these briefly. Slash government spending. Okay, we've all been talking about that, and you know.
Speaker 3: Some of the particulars, you know, doing it through Congress, abolishing the Education Department, maybe reining it in. So slashing government spending two cut regulations, great idea, great, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to play the stuff from Jeff Bezos, who's huge on board with Trump and all excited about how overregulated this country is and the Trump administration can do something about it. He's got a lot of people on his side that he didn't have before.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: And then the bureaucratic world, which makes their living and gets their power and their status from them their regulations and enforcing them and loving fines and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: They always come back with, Oh, so.
Speaker 3: You want mercury in your water, You want no regulations whatsoever.
Speaker 1: No, much like the IRS Code.
Speaker 3: You've got millions and millions and millions and millions of words of vast just layers of regulation that nobody can comprehend, much less follow correctly.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's clear out the woods. It's like, you know, you got to redo your landscaping once in a while.
Speaker 3: If you got a nice house, you got to clear it all out and replant it because it's become overgrown and woody and ugly and stupid and nobody likes it anyway. Reduce the federal workforce. Doge wants to shrink a workforce more than two million federal employees, many of them civilians working for the Defense Department. Let's give it a try and remote work. They've suggested their effort will order the federal workforce to return to the office five days a week, which could lead to voluntary resignations across the workforce. It certainly could. Let's talk about it, Let's try it. Here's where it gets a little surprising. Eliminate daylight saving time changes.
Speaker 1: That's part of DOGE.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one of the six things they've identified.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, is that to save money or they just don't like it?
Speaker 3: Well, they call it inefficient and annoying for many Americans.
Speaker 1: I love that the Senate actually passed.
Speaker 3: A bill a couple of years ago that would make daylight saving time permanent.
Speaker 1: But which see, that's the problem.
Speaker 3: That approach would mean later sunsets and darker mornings in the winter months, and there are a lot of scientists that think that'd be really bad for you.
Speaker 1: How about we try it once and that's what drives minutes. Let's try it a long.
Speaker 3: Time, Let's try it when and see what we winch which one weave it one? Let's try it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the problem. It's a fifty to fifty country. Who are you yelling at? Pick one?
Speaker 2: Because it's always a well what happens.
Speaker 1: If just try one?
Speaker 2: Let's leave it alone one time and see what we all think. Right, give it a couple of years. We all might think, oh, yeah, now I get it. That sucks, or we might love it.
Speaker 1: Let's see what happens. Jesus, nobody's gonna die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I completely agree with you, even as I was disagreeing, just to point out that there's a split.
Speaker 1: But yeah, how about we try something.
Speaker 3: This this terror at trying something different again. This crap has not existed since Moses came down with the tablets.
Speaker 1: A lot of it's just a.
Speaker 3: Dopey government program that some jackass who got voted out the next term game up with.
Speaker 1: Let's just give it a.
Speaker 2: Try, that's the answer. I should send this to Elon. I'll tweet it at him. I'm sure he'll see it. He's only got two hundred million followers, is present everything as We'll try it once and see how we like it. Like completely redo the tax code, go with flat tax or whatever you know, whatever you call the fair tax, any of those. Let's try it and have it written in the law. We're gonna do it once and then we'll have a vote see if people liked it or not, and we'll and we'll go immediately back to the old way if we decide we don't like it.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: And of course, when it came time to go back to the old way, as we've pointed out many times, the old way or the current way is so blatantly petnantly insane, nobody would ever choose it if it wasn't the status quo.
Speaker 1: If you proposed it, people would put you in a lunatic asylum.
Speaker 3: And yet when anybody proposes something different, everybody's like, oh, heven, should we probably shouldn't change.
Speaker 1: We better not change. Something might happen.
Speaker 3: Final of the half dozen or so priorities, scrutinize spending on Biden's priorities. In particular, they're focused on the Biden administration's moves to distribute money from a four hundred billion dollars clean energy lending program inside the Energy Department, and also the manufacturing grants to chip companies and that sort of thing. They want to look at them, scrutinize them, and make sure they make sense.
Speaker 1: By the way, according to.
Speaker 2: The government agency that keeps an eye on this sort of stuff, Elon spent over a quarter of a billion dollars backing Trump in his election. Court of a billion, wow, which is of course nothing for him. But I mean, that's that's.
Speaker 3: All in Well, the the Democrats had a sock puppet run and she and her minions raised you know, one and a quarter billion or something like that. So there's a hell of a lot of money sloshing around, obviously, but from one individual that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, and there's there's reason to pause and take a look at that, I suppose. But of course because Trump won and Elond the devil because he backed him, you know, obviously the media acts like it's a huge scary deal. If it were Soro spending that kind of money or somebody else all of Hollywood or whatever, and Kamala.
Speaker 1: Had won, they wouldn't be as interested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, one thing I left out of this Strassel piece and then I'll get off. It is some She mentions that Vivek is really focusing on the recent Supreme Court decision that tossed this side the Chevron deference, which means the courts really they got to trust the bureaucrats. The bureaucrats know how to interpret Congress, and Congress is very vague law for their creation. So let's just get out of the bureaucrat's way and let them run America. And Vivek says, hey, that's an opening to look at thousands and thousands of existing regulations and decide in the executive branch. Hey, the Supreme Court, you've told us a lot of this is scrutinizable. Let's scrutinize it. So He's right, the door is open, let's make use of it. The problem is, and then I said i'd shut up, Then I'll actually shut up. The problem is, and this is the real problem. The government meaning government employees. This is true, state, local, and federal level. Is there are now in the exist in such enormous numbers. They're an incredibly powerful lobbying group of the government itself. The government is the most powerful lobbyist of the government. Yeay, cripes, Madison is spinning in his grave.
Speaker 1: So one thing I want to talk about later.
Speaker 2: I was up early late last night and I can't believe that this has happened, and I'm saying it out loud.
Speaker 1: I was up late last night watching Getting Philosophy on Life from actor Jim Carrey. That is surprising on several levels.
Speaker 2: I'm not even a fan of his work and a voice find him highly annoy him. Do you know anything about his like real persona and his view of life and everything like that freaking fascinating And I want to talk about that later. Okay, Yeah, he's a real believer in God. I think he's a Christian. But really interesting stuff. It might be a good topic on a Friday, we get too later.
Speaker 1: Among other things.
Speaker 2: We got Katie's headlines coming up in just a few minutes. I hope you can stay here. Well, it wasn't this song, But on Fridays, I don't listen to news on the way to work.
Speaker 1: I give myself a pass. And on the way to work, I listen to music the way to work.
Speaker 2: And I was listening to Genesis on the way to work and thinking what has happened to me? But I had the song throwing It All Away in my head, which I really liked.
Speaker 1: See only the Genesis song I actually like.
Speaker 2: And I was jamming at my car and I thought, God, I hope nobody hears me. I hope none of my friends. I hope no woman hears me. Listening to Genesis really loud.
Speaker 3: Some earlier work I find quite quite fine. You know, the writing songs for Disney movies Phase was less compelling to me.
Speaker 1: But teach their own I say, there you go. Let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Katie Green, Katie, what's up? Well?
Speaker 6: ABC News reporting United Healthcare ceo shooting. Latest gunman allegedly flashed smile while flirting with hostile worker.
Speaker 3: This was absolutely about denial of coverage for a loved one. Write something very close to that and.
Speaker 1: Round the bend somewhat.
Speaker 2: Probably the whole smiling flirting at the hostel old days before you murder somebody in cold blood is pretty whacky.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, shooting somebody down in cold blood on the street is a proof of crazy enough for me.
Speaker 1: I don't need anything else. I don't know if we if we're if it were like more of a sudden angry passionate, you know, it just happened, and you're so full of rage. While it was a different sort Yeah, it's a different sort of thing. Yeah.
Speaker 6: From the Daily Mail, trans military intelligence leaker Chelsea Manning and others arrested for storming the Women's restroom on Capitol Hill.
Speaker 2: Speaking of pardons, I didn't like Obama commuted the sentence of Chelsea Manning on the way out the door years ago. But yeah, whatever, So that's that's your big cause. The bathrooms at the Capitol building, all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, A bunch of frans, activists and dudes and gender vendors shot a dance party music video in the women's room at the Capitol.
Speaker 1: Hey, keep it up, keep it up.
Speaker 3: You are so winning the day for us the side of sanity.
Speaker 2: Excellent, excellent points. See how this plays in America.
Speaker 6: From the Washington Post, Employers added two hundred and twenty seven thousand jobs in November of recovery from the previous month.
Speaker 2: That's good news, which is bad news because they'll have to keep interest straight.
Speaker 1: I don't know well said from the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 6: Trump plans to appoint Musk confident David Sachs's AI cryptos are they're.
Speaker 2: Saying that this is what caused.
Speaker 1: Bitcoin to go over one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: He is from the old pay Pal mafia two friend of Elon's and was a giant Trump critics. So it's yet another person who not a Trump fan but willing to get on board with trying to help out. So that's interesting what he's putting together.
Speaker 1: As a team.
Speaker 6: From the New York Post, Guys, this texting habit means you have higher emotional intelligence. According to science, to use a lot of emojis have higher emotional intelligence.
Speaker 3: Yes, we will get into this important and carefully conducted, peer reviewed study later on in the show.
Speaker 2: Study clearly paid for by big Emoji. From MSNBC sums up.
Speaker 6: Trace is a fentanyl and other drugs found in bottleneck.
Speaker 1: Dolphins in the golf of Mexico. So now our dolphins are doing drugs. Yeah, dolphin mules because they don't have job prospects. Dolphin mules. That's a horrifying beast. Wait a minute. Your meme of the day.
Speaker 6: It's a mom and her son and they're playing Monopoly and the son says, Mom, I'll buy a hotel, and.
Speaker 1: She looks at him and says, you can't. They're all full of illegal immigrants. Kay, there you go.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, a cutting commentary of America's immigration crisis, adding over to the World's most boring game. Finally good. Yeah, it's terrible. It's like a punishment. I think we glossed over the drugged up dolphins too much. So there are so many drugs going into the ocean now that the dolphins are high.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, they got drum in the dumpsters and we got to get to Babylon.
Speaker 1: Be here, all right.
Speaker 6: The Babylon Bee cruel doge to force government employees to use single ply toilet paper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we do in the private sector. We have to.
Speaker 2: They buy the wispiest toilet paper on Earth and force us to use it.
Speaker 1: We have many more hours of good stuff for you.
Speaker 2: If you miss it, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty