Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, I don't know if you've ever heard of something like this, but it happened during the Colts pregame warm up warm up. Anthony Richards Richardson fractured his orbital bone when he had an issue with a rubber leg band. So you know how you're doing the stretch banduff like that, And I guess if I'm not mistaken. If I'm not mistaken, Chad, you can correct me. I think there was a situation where rest his soul. Congressman Harry Reid had a very similar situation using.
Speaker 2: An exercise band.
Speaker 1: It snapped, popped him in the eye, and I think he lost the vision in the eye. Then, to make matters worse, Tradavious War was warming up on the field. He collided with Drew Ogletree. Some of the concussion he missed the game.
Speaker 3: Hey, have you seen somethingggas happen before? No, I've never seen nothing like that happen before. Now, the band and the stretching and it pops. I understand that. I understand that now that now that can happen because it's happened to me before, but not to where you know it.
Speaker 2: Right in the face.
Speaker 3: But hey, depends on what band you're using. You know, you know they got the thick bands, they have the thin band.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, how much.
Speaker 1: But they have the little you know, the ones that they have for pt not no, not no, like wait, the band you know that we attached that were attached to the bar bells and stuff like that to get extra tention. These are the bands that they you know, you know, you be stretching to do it like that, and you see you see the guys like loosening up with it.
Speaker 3: I thought he broke us over the bone.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's it's snap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those little pet bands can't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's what did it?
Speaker 3: Okay, damn.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That's that's unlucky man.
Speaker 1: But but to think about how how many times you know people have been using those distress wow yeah give yeah uh oh joe. You know you know you get the medicine balls, oh shoe, and you slam them down and some of them are bounced up to you and some of you have to bend down.
Speaker 2: Pick up man.
Speaker 1: Were in class one day and this lady got one that he didn't realize it that they were doing to bounce hit it right the note she slammed it and stood over it. I bet if they hit in the face about four times, about four or five times. Oh Joe, oh.
Speaker 2: Oh oh the lady.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna help them.
Speaker 1: But no, I was like, I was like, this here, m because it's something like you see in the cartoon. Man, you know how the cartoon's doing, and that's how it was, but it was real life. I was like, oh my goodness, Oh and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 2: Man. What'd you call them?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Anthony Richardson got buzzled, man, Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: You got I mean, do you understand how unlucky that you have to be for something like that to happen. I mean, you hear stuff like that happened, Joe. You know you read like such and such happening, because I remember, like I said, I think Congressman Harry Reid had something very similar to happen. But he was like elderly. He's probably like eighty years old, eighty eighty five years old, maybe even older when that happened.
Speaker 2: But a young man something happened like that.
Speaker 3: Man, Gosh, I'm trying. I'm trying to listen. Obviously I wasn't there. I wasn't there to see it. I'm just confused on what exercise you might have been doing, what stretch you might have been doing for that to be even be possible.
Speaker 2: You know, he might have been.
Speaker 3: Right, that's right, okay.
Speaker 2: And then you know, like you said, maybe it was one of those one of those bigger bands.
Speaker 3: You know. The funny thing about it is when it pops, you don't know what's gonna pop, and you don't have the quick titch, the quick quick twitch fibers to be able to react fast enough.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, that thing is before you only you only react after it doesn't happen. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Just thought of that, just thinking about that.
Speaker 2: Damn hell yeah.
Speaker 1: And man, so hopefully anth Richardson, you know, I you know, I'm telling that's that's pain. I fractured my orbital so I know the pain, man. It felt like a you know, well, the doctor said it was like if I was in a bar fight and somebody kicked me in the eye. So I had a complete orbit. I had a complete blowout of the orbital floor because your eye sits in my socket floor. My floor was completely gone. So my eye dropped like three and a half. So they have to go in there. So that's why it's really hard. You know, I'm constantly like my nose because I got a plate. I got a carbon fiber plate. My eyes actually sitting on the carbon fiber plate.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is interesting.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: You know, most most high end, most high end vehicles have carbon fiber, you know, on the outside and kits. And you got it in here. Okay, okay, okay, you fast.
Speaker 2: Got that.
Speaker 1: But the only thing is man, and the thing was O Joe, you know, had I was congested. My sisters said, man, you ought to use a natty pot. I said, what's the natty pot? It's like a netty pot where you pull pull water, saline water, salt water up one nostril and let it.
Speaker 3: You know, you tried it.
Speaker 1: Got infected, The bacteria got caught, got caught in that mesh. Looked like somebody somebody somebody pointing in the eye. I closed up. I ain't know what I oh, Joe, it got so in fact that I ended up.
Speaker 2: I ended up. I ended up having a mercer. I was in the I was in I was in the hospital for like four days. Damn. Then they sent me home with a pick line.
Speaker 1: I was getting a thousand, I was getting a thousand over a thousand milligrounds. I was doing like two bags of IV of just antibiotics, bank of Myson, so a pick line. So I got the thing in the pole riding around and it going straight, going straight in there. To try to getting up out of there and cleared it up. It took me like two weeks to get over it. Got another cold, closed back up. Went to the doctor. He says, we're gonna have to change this late. He said, don't ever use He said, don't ever use the natty pot again. He said, you got I gotta be careful. If I blow my nose, my nose, my nose will start bleeding.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is interesting to me. You damn you like RoboCop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 3: You go through the metal detective. Does that? Does it go off? Or no?
Speaker 2: Uh no it doesn't go off.
Speaker 1: But I got the artificial helps and they always you know.
Speaker 3: You like you, like you like a cipher word.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that. That's dope. All I know is that every time I go off and they, uh, they said that little bitch you call them.
Speaker 1: Uh they showed a little writ mister sharp you uh as you can see right there.
Speaker 2: I say, yeah, I know, so they gotta.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't, Okay, I like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Man I had I had a bad bad Hey, well I was messed up, man, I was messed up. Daniel Jones finished twenty two or thirty to twelve two touchdowns there exception, and he gets credit for a fourth quarter game when he drive when he helped engineer a nine play sixty six yard drive that ended with a decisive touchdown with four thirty two remaining. Only two quarterbacks have led coach to five wins through six weeks since two thousand. Peyton Manning and Dan.
Speaker 2: You believe, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know when I talk about quarterbacks, and I say, situation matters where you go, your environment, the weapons around you. Ask some people say, oh, coaching matters, Well, listen, coaching only matters when you have players like this, the situation that Baker Mayfield in, the situation that Sam Donald is in again for the second time, obviously, the situation in Minnesota. Now you see what he's doing over in Seattle, and now Dane Jones going from the New York Giants which wasn't going well, and what he's doing now and goddamn Indy. It needs to be studied. It needs it needs to be studied. And it's so important not going high in the draft. Forget what number you go, but going to the right situation where you go. It's all about where you go, and it's.
Speaker 2: More important where than how how?
Speaker 3: And Daniel Jones is showing that, he's showing.
Speaker 1: That he's played unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Uh, Indiana Jones has been great. Uh.
Speaker 1: He's parlayed himself into a he's gonna have. He's gonna get a big payday. He's gonna get a giant question.
Speaker 3: The funny thing about it is, is he's gonna get a huge payday. Are the Coats going to The Coats are going definitely going to be the team to keep him, because now he's auditioning for everybody us come back as well. You know that, right, he's auditioning for other teams that might be in need of a quarterback.
Speaker 2: They're not the building. We got it.
Speaker 3: I'm just making sure he's definitely getting that bag.
Speaker 2: Mm hm oh Joe.
Speaker 1: The Bucks beat the forty nine ers thirty to nineteen. Baker through two touchdown passes and had a spectacular scramble fans said serenaded him with MVP chance and many were still hailing Bay Baker as he left the stadium.
Speaker 2: The injury.
Speaker 1: Reddal forty nine has lost four time All Pro linebacker corner to a dislocated right ankle. Kyle Shanahan said he the ankle was broken and dislocated and he'll need season ending surgery. Baker seventeen of twenty three two fifty six two touchdowns. H Booka left the ball game, so he's playing without his four top receivers. Hey, Bucky Irving is top running back and he's still doing that right now. He's the MVP front runner. I know it's only six weeks into the season. It's his look, it's his.
Speaker 3: Is his to lose the way Baker Mayfield is playing right now, he's playing the best, the best football at the quarterback position with no Mike Evans, no Chris Godwin. Obviously, Buckie Irving goes down, Booker goes Buka goes out the day with a Hampshire injury, and he still doesn't miss a beat. In the past and.
Speaker 2: Played a couple of games without Christian Tristan.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, the awesome, awesome, one of the better left tackles in today's game. Well, hey, Baker Mayfield again, situations matter. Oh my goodness, he's playing good.
Speaker 1: It's better o yoe to let guys be themselves. I think that's why a lot of guys have success in Baltimore because they don't try to change it. Whoever you are, all we want you to do is play hard. If you like to talk, talk, if you want to be quiet, hey, ain't nobody gonna talk to you. Whatever you like to do, whoever you are, we want you to be more of that. And see Baker, this is who Baker is, Tampa. Say you lead if you want a joke, and you want to die, and you want to dance, you want to.
Speaker 3: Do Did you see him after he had that scramble run, when he escaped the pocket, when the sideline came back in.
Speaker 2: Got up.
Speaker 3: All I can think about was when you put that goddamn flag in the middle of.
Speaker 2: The flag, played the flag and uh yeah, man.
Speaker 3: That's that's your Okay, that's the Baker Mayfield I want to love. You know, quarterback position, they have to carry themselves a certain way. They have to be almost political robots in a sense. He's one of the few that does not abide by that rule.
Speaker 1: He's a very he's a very emotional guy. But he can play out throw the football and so and it doesn't matter who's in there. He's gonna, Hey, I'm gonna get you the football. He like they said, Look, there are a couple of guys. Sam Donald is in that discussion for m v P. Sam Donald is playing extremely well. Obviously Mahome's gonna be somewhere loafer landing around because I think Mahomes probably have how many touchdowns the interceptions does Mahomes have?
Speaker 2: Ash But he's playing extremely well.
Speaker 1: But shaking baks, shaking bake doing his thing. Man, And and see, you know, uh, somebody that believes in you, somebody that wants you.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, we all want to be wanting. If you in a.
Speaker 1: Relationship, you want, you want to know that your partner wants to be with you.
Speaker 2: You want. I ain't saying you got to tell me every day, but.
Speaker 3: They got to let you go. You know, I'm glad you said that. And I know we talking football right now, and that that resonated with me right now because sometimes we unsure, because sometimes we have to ask, you know, and yeah, excuse me, miss, do you want me? You sure? Okay? Cool? Okay, yeah, yeah, I think everything's okay. Yeah, appreciate it. I'm glad you just said that, man, because sometimes fellas at home, like if just you need to ask and make sure you know how the bucks want. Baker Mayfield, does your woman at home and your girlfriend or whoever you see, and do they allow you to be yourself so you can be your best version of you? You know, because when you're a best version of you, you get what you get with Baker Mayfield. So if you feel like you're in prison and you're not free, you know, to be able to blossom and bloom like yourself, you need to ask that question.
Speaker 1: Okay, you just wanted some Sometimes you just want to be appreciated. Sometimes I just just tell me, say you know what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you didn't tell me you appreciate me.
Speaker 2: I just I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: You appreciate me? Oh, thank you? Yeah, she appreciate it.
Speaker 2: That's that's I Look, I ain't big. I ain't. I'm big on the affirmation.
Speaker 1: That's my thing, and and and and that's that's how I operate. And Baker, he just wanted to be appreciated. Let me look, I'm not gonna put you in harm's way. Yeah I'm not, but but I'm gonna. And you know, I think, look those progressive commercials. I think the thing is with that, you know, I think progressive is based in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: He's the quarterback of the Browns.
Speaker 1: Now he's basically don't really commercials I see now, I don't know what they do local, but don't really commercial that I see nationally is the Heisman House, you see. And he does a great job those guys. I mean, that's a family, that's a brotherhood. Uh, there's only X amount of those guys that they do a great job. But I think he's really focused. You know, he doesn't forget anything, yeah at all. And and Clive, you got rid of me? Can you imagine letting us man like he went in the MVP like y'all had the m v P. Y'all had this, but y'all didn't believe in me. Y'all said, y'all want to grown up. I guess I grew up on ay. Now, the Carolina situation temper, I know he got mad at Steve wils but an interim coach, if not doesn't have any say that's temper.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he goes to the Rams.
Speaker 1: We know he wasn't gonna be the Rams because Matthew Stafford wasn't a super Bowl, so we know he wasn't gonna stay there. But he goes to Tampa and he gets into a situation where you got Chris Godwin, you got Mike Evans, you got Cadart and Jason Lighter done a great job of drafting. You get Bucket, Eric and you get White, you get a a booker. So he's done an unbelievable job. But give Baker credit. He didn't complain, he didn't hang his head, old Paul Baker. Oh man, I can't believe Cleveland did that? Tell me? H, y'all. Yeah, he didn't do any of that. He didn't sulk, he didn't cry. He just put hey, put his boots on, and he went to work. And I'm happy. I'm happy for him. I've been I've been wanted, Like when he was in Cleveland, when he didn't play well, I said that. But I have no problem whatsoever giving a man, giving a man credit when credit his credit.
Speaker 2: He played his avery.
Speaker 3: You know what, every dog he's earning every sin, every oh.
Speaker 1: Oh Baker, Baker get he did a three year Oh yeah, yeah, yeah he did here and year two of the three.
Speaker 2: Oh if it comes see Baker get millions.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he ain't doing make it thirty three.
Speaker 2: They gave three years by the bill.
Speaker 3: Oh, they definitely.
Speaker 2: And now I'm bored to that because y'all see the brother guys.
Speaker 3: See me, I need that.
Speaker 1: Uh we have Mahomes has eleven touchdowns to two interceptions. Oh jo The Chargers beat the Dolphins, who have not lost four games this season, in which they trailed by one score in the final two minutes. After the game, Tool was asked how players can refrain from feeling sorry for themselves, Oh, Joe, take a listen to the bonds.
Speaker 4: I think it starts with the leadership in helping articulate that for the guys, and then what we're expecting out of the guys, Right, we're expecting this?
Speaker 2: Are we getting that? Are we not getting that?
Speaker 4: We have guys showing up to only player only meetings late, guys not showing enough to player only meeting Like, there's a lot that goes into that. Do we have to make this mandatory? Do we not have to make this mandatory? So it's it's a lot of it's a lot of things of that nature that we got to get cleaned up. And it starts with the little things like that.
Speaker 3: Be clear, you're saying some players were late or missed late. Yeah, maybe, obviously you can say some of these things. I like that to it being the quarterback, being the leader, having that seat on the chest, and addressing those things publicly. But you can't throw You can't throw your players under the bus. You can't throw your players under the bus like that. You can't do that. You can't throw your players under the bus like that because even though you are the quarterback, they're not gonna view that. Likely they're not gonna they not They not gonna like that. Is that you won't you?
Speaker 2: Is that? I know?
Speaker 1: Hold on, like this is not the old shoe that I say that he said he won't people tell the truth.
Speaker 3: Hold On, you got mad at me when I was happy that camp or say, hey, we asked you know, I mean, you said.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you. I was trying to get you to see the big picture. But you was in the forest and you didn't see the trees.
Speaker 3: This is worse now, see, but it's different the context, the context in which they were playing is okay. He wasn't talking about nobody. He said, we collectively as a group. But that's that's almost like snitching, Like what you mean, Okay, we that's in house. You know I was late. Come and holler at your boy, come haller at me. Let me know you know I was late. Whatever might But you don't go tell the media.
Speaker 2: You know you don't.
Speaker 3: You don't do it. Come on nine.
Speaker 1: I don't know how Mike McDaniel's make it through the end of the season. He said, this is a leadership. He say, do we make it mandatory or not mandatory? He's putting the onus on the coat, right.
Speaker 3: But obviously when it comes to players only meeting, the coaches don't have anything to do with that. That is something that is Hey, listen, we're gonna have a meeting. We need to get make sure everybody's on the same page. We need to make sure everybody on the page. So let's meet at so and so time. That's between coaches.
Speaker 1: Those What happened, O Joe, is that when guys were showing up late for meetings that were mandatory, that the coach had said when guys were showing up late for practice and the coach didn't nip it in the bud until it got too late. And so what was one or two turned to three to four? Turning the five or six? Now, the restory the report was that there were two main culprits and neither one of the ones on our and one is playing extremely well in Pittsburgh. But they were the main culprits. But they didn't say they were the only culprits. So you know what danz Brand says. I want to know what part of this is he going to take accountability for two or three three picks? Today Tour is third in the NFL with the most interceptions thrown by a quarterback. If you haven't said this privately first, then in the media, I don't respect it. And since we're on the topic of respect, I guarantee a lot of players don't respect to two points the finger and literally has four pointing back at him. If you want to win, put yours in.
Speaker 3: See hey, listen, you know and see he just said it. He just said it. You know, I understand. I've been in the locker room before when it comes to the quarterback position. When things aren't going well.
Speaker 2: You take the pres take it on yourself.
Speaker 3: When things aren't going. When things aren't going it's my fault. I got to do better. I have to play better. When things are going well, you praise everybody else.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I was able to do is because my office is line, because my receivers are playing well. My running backs they running the ball really well.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 3: You can't do this because the reaction are gonna get from the players. But damn, that's oh you.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, they said, hold on to a t.
Speaker 3: You got, you got. You got to be careful. You got to be careful. He's gonna I'm telling you right now ahead of time. It's gonna backfire. I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: So already backfired. It's over. It's over. But I told, oh Joe, I was telling you last I said, oh, they need to break this thing up. You're like, nah, nah, n't get running.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, it's over.
Speaker 3: When you say break it up, break it. I mean, I understand the Tyreek situation.
Speaker 1: They should have got they should have got rid of those pieces before the season, before the season. Oh Joe, think about it. The report came out this year, so that meant it had to have happened last year. Guests who knew that was happening. The head coach. When you find you got to tell the general manager and the owner need to know. Okay, so why are we fighting these players? Why are we taking one five hundred dollars one thousand dollars? Why are we deducting this money from this player check? Because it has to be clear by the NFL Players Association, because now you got to tell the PA what's going on, because the player might say they just took so what did you do?
Speaker 2: It's over the Brian Florid situation.
Speaker 1: That didn't like Brian floor Is because he held their ass accountable.
Speaker 2: Get your ass to meeting.
Speaker 1: You got one job, oh, Joe, I could see you know, say I'm sorry, I'm late. My other job got you know such and such, I had to drop the kids off. Oh ta, you got one. If you a professional athlete, you got one job. I'm just talking about football, basketball, or whatever the case may be. I'm just gonna talk about our sport. Oh you got one job. If you got a nine o'clock meeting, get when did you realize that you had a nine o'clock meeting? Oh, that's what time all the meetings are. When did you meet When did you realize that? You know what, man, we got a eleven thirty walk through. When did you realize that? Oh, we always have eleven thirty walk through? When did you realize practice was gonna be at one o'clock? Oh damn, we always have practice at one o'clock.
Speaker 2: Dum So why are you late?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Tall, I understand. Sometimes you have a fender bender.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the kid, you know everything, a little lady you know kid had to go to the emergency room.
Speaker 2: Something happened. Blah blah blah blah. I get that.
Speaker 1: But your kid didn't have to go ten times. You didn't have ten fender benders. You didn't have a flat tie. So all these excuses, all that goes to the grand scheme of things of winning. There is no like one recipe for to ensure winning. But I can give you a lot of ingredients for losing. Now, I can't give you one kid ingredient for winning, but I can give you a lot of ones for losing.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: This is not a team.
Speaker 1: Hey, this should have he should have never said that, should have never got out about it.
Speaker 2: But look, we know this oh show.
Speaker 1: Some players have great relationship with reporters, and they leake stuff. Sometimes coaches and general managers and so forth and so on, they leap things. But if you notice when teams are winning, oh get us.
Speaker 3: Everything, huh? Or when the Dolphins what year was that? What's that?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: What year was that?
Speaker 3: They was going crazy.
Speaker 2: On off two years ago?
Speaker 3: My goodness? But man, okay, we well, we we can, we can, we can, we can we can ignore that and scratch that to the wayside because it is not biting us in the butt just yet. It ain't bite us in the butt just yet, because we know what's gonna happen. We get out on that field, Tyren Jayleen water bawling, mostered balling eight chain balling. Well, we can't go no wrong, Jayalen Ramsey picking picking balls off. I mean we could now look what it got to in just a short amount of time.
Speaker 2: Sure, but see, Ojo, what did what did that? What What did I tell you? What don't you do? Ojo? What don't you do? What should you never do? Never accept anything in a.
Speaker 3: Win, stepping a loss. You're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: When that was winning, Mike McDaniel overlooked the lateness, He overlooked, the tardiness. He overlooked all of that because he was winning. When he started to lose, it started to become a problem player. Oh cho, And that was the thing. And I tell you the same thing. Hold on, when we was winning, you never had a problem with me sitting on my helmet.
Speaker 2: Now we start to lose, get.
Speaker 3: Off that helmet everything.
Speaker 2: What the hell he got to do with us losing?
Speaker 1: Because I'm saying so the other team say, hey, man, hey, Sharp's sitting on his helmet.
Speaker 2: They're gonna lose this week.
Speaker 3: What the hen I.
Speaker 2: Gotta do with anything?
Speaker 3: But listen, Losing magnifies everything. Losing magnifies everything, and the smallest of things that aren't being done the right way, it's magnified. And it's it's nickpicky. It's just, hey, don't I don't know what they need to do. I don't know what we need to do because I consider myself a Dolphin fan and Ben a Dolphin fan since nineteen sixty eight again Dade County, Liberty City born Jackson, Morrial Hospital. I was born in three or eight am Jerry nineteen sixty eight. On I know my doctor's name. He slapped me. Doctor Flora is so I've been a Dophins fan for a long time. I don't know what we need to do from this war. And you say they need to to.
Speaker 2: What you're blowing up.
Speaker 3: The team? Blow it up.
Speaker 1: Oh, they'll blow up. They're gonna chang coaching staff. You gotta be careful. They might get a new general manager. Also, that's the st some of them players. That's there's gotta go. Sometimes the hair got to go with the hat. Wait who they said, they said, they say Flora, Brian Floord was was too hard. They said, Mike, well, let's get so normally, Oh, yoe you you normally just depended them to sweep too far. If you notice, we're not gonna talk politics. He swung President Obama, and then it swung who President Trump. The next guy gonna probably be in the middle. The next guy or the lady would probably be a little bit more in the middle. We'll see how that turns out. We got three more years before that happened. So that's what happened. And so Mike McDaniels was too far this way, Brian Flores was too far that way. And I've looked I've always had great relationship with all my coaches, I really have.
Speaker 2: But I think I learned.
Speaker 1: I think in my professional career I learned the most from Mike because of the accountability.
Speaker 2: That he made, that he that he that he forced upon us. And I didn't know. Then I got it.
Speaker 1: I got it, and he told me, he said, Shannon, I can throw you a hundred balls. I can throw you a hundred balls. I can die with the scheme. You have that accountability. I can throw you a hundred balls, Shannon. We're not gonna win that well, I said, Well, I want to win. I said, you ain't gotta throw me. You ain't gotta throw me on a hundred. But can you get me eighty?
Speaker 2: We win? You know?
Speaker 1: I said, I don't try. I don't need four what we win? But can I get haighted?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: But in all seriousness, He's like, look, I'm gonna need you to block better. I'm gonna need you to block you know, I need an effort. Say no more, Say no more. But I was big on the calid billy oh Joe, you know, I was. I was a captain when I when I and I was always and God's kind of listening to me and I remember, you know, we have uh, the players council. So if somebody had you nobody came later or missed this or miss that, Mike would ask us. He'd bring us in the room. We sit around the table and say what they should happen. So I was like, after a while, the dude just kept being late. I said, well, suspend him for a game.
Speaker 3: A game?
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, you know what I'm saying. I said, I'm the oldest mother for on the team, and I get here on time. I'm the most accomplished on the team, so I get here on time. So tell me why his time is more important than mine. We got the same job, We live the same distance from this from this.
Speaker 2: Facility, So why can't he get here? But I can.
Speaker 1: So he's telling me he don't give a damn about me in my time, So why should I give a damn about him and his place?
Speaker 3: I got you. I see you're going with it. I see you going with it. I see you're going with it.
Speaker 1: Hey, But you call him in there, and you know you said that in house, Yes I did, But I told him, I said, I don't know what Mike's gonna do, but I recommend that Mike seit your ass out.
Speaker 2: Of game, man, that you through all that.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I say, see, one day you're gonna be in my set chair, where you going to be the guy that everybody looks too. And one day you'll understand. I said, one day you're gonna understand what I'm telling you, because the guys are gonna be that same way. About three four years later, I come back. He's like, you're right, he said, these more folks don't want to listen. All they want to do is be on the phone. They want to they want to do all this. They don't want to practice, they don't want to come on time. They don't want to do ish, he said. Man, he said, I appreciate that. He said, I got a lot more respect and understanding for what you was trying to get them.
Speaker 2: I said, I told you.
Speaker 3: I told you hey, like I mean as I don't know, but I don't I have had to jump on you. You stitch on me like, no, hold on, hold on, I just.
Speaker 2: Chat.
Speaker 4: I just on it.
Speaker 2: I just told I just told him what what I recommended.
Speaker 1: God, I ain't got time for that, man, I mean, hold on, I'm getting my old ass up.
Speaker 2: I been yet what was that?
Speaker 1: Probably you're thirteen, you're fourteen. I'm getting up. He only in your he only in your four or five? I mean your thirteen fourteen, And I'm getting my answer up and getting there.
Speaker 3: Oh listen, you you've been doing it. You you've been doing in consecutive years. So you you used to the program your year three years. You know you're not You're not activated to the program just yet, not just yet. I know you're still a professional, you know.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, oh Joe. What I understood is that I knew he was that good of a player. And one day he would sit in my stand and I didn't won't see and guys look at you, because I saw a lot of guys, and I was like, man, I can't wait till I get I started making plays enough, I can make a Pro Bowl, make an all pro.
Speaker 2: MM. Guys looking at that, and they gonna say, well, man, I can't wait, so I can be late to practice. I can skip this or I can skip that.
Speaker 3: You going with it?
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, no no no no, no, no, no no no no, no, we gonna we We're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it right. We're gonna have fun. I want to have fun too. Hey, sharp man, we gambling shop there. We're gonna have a good time. But when it comes time to.
Speaker 2: Work, work, we're gonna work. Oh Joe, we're being training camp. Cool.
Speaker 1: We come in there before we go to practice. Cool off of of coordinator. He said, Uh, the boss need you to get him going today.
Speaker 3: Okay, how you do now?
Speaker 1: So now, oh Joe, I go in there. Oh oh, I'm gonna strike up the band on the today. Boo boo, I'm start beating on. Oh Joe, I'm beating on. I'm beating the locker.
Speaker 2: Boo boo, boom boom boom.
Speaker 1: Oh, I find strike up the band on y'all. Oh yeah, I'm going crazy, Shane going crazy today. Now, who're gonna get this work?
Speaker 3: Crazy? Boom?
Speaker 1: Hey cool week, we're gonna get that work in. We're gonna have a good time, but we got the work. I'm not wasting my time. I ain't here to lose. I'm not putting all this time in. I need to spend all this money in the off season. I don't eat the way our feet to come in here and be six and ten, to be five of the level I'm coming to win. I'm trying to get to the playoff. I'm trying to win the division, get to the playoffs. I'm trying to get to a sum. That's all I'm trying to do. All that other is don't even matter to me. We can be friends, or we can look we could be friends, or we can be friendly, the two different things.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: And everybody, everybody on the fifty three man roster, they do not get along. We all left no one common goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that we could be friends and we'll be friendly. I like That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: The ram stuffed the Ravens seventeen to three, dropping the Ravens to one five. Since the fourteen team playoff four match started in twenty twenty, only one team, Washington in twenty twenty, started one in five and made the playoffs. The Ravens have been outscored ninety eight thirty three in the past three weeks. Only glimmer of hope is Lamar Jackson could return from his hamstring injury after the Week seven by Baltimore committed three turnovers, including an interception and a thumber by Cooper Rush, who was benched in the fourth quarter for Tyler Huntley. The ravens three points are the fewest homes since two thousand and two, when the Buccaneers shut out the buck When they were shut out by the Buccaneers twenty five to nothing, I was gonna say I wasn't on that time. I was looking at I remember being the Bucket. But anyway, Baltimore has lost its past six games without Lamar and failed to score more than seventeen points in each. De hop bad football gets you to one in five. So whatever you put out there, that's how football works.
Speaker 3: Hey, can I tell you something for you to know? I expected the Rams to do this. I expected the Rams to do this, especially the way the Ravens looked and where their ranks statistically on defense. Can't stop the run, can't stop the pass. So I understood a high volume passing team with staff was gonna come out there and do exactly what they did. Now, on the other thing, the thing on the other side of things, As much as I want to make fun of you and your Ravens, I'm not. You know why I'm not because them being one and five lets me know how valuable Lamar Jackson is valuable that team is. Let's say Lamar Jackson doesn't play the rest of the season. I say, what, y'all, go what maybe one in sixteen? You know, there's there's a possiblity that may happen. There may be some games where you know, Cooper Rush or Tyler Huntley come in and compete.
Speaker 1: Nah, Cooper Rush ain't it. And I told him at the beginning of the season. I mean, y'all remember Cooper Rush. I mean Cooper Jerry said he was it.
Speaker 3: Jerry said it was a good he could be the future star the Cowboys. But that's neither here nor there. It lets me know how valuable Lamar Jackson is. You mean to tell me that. Lamar Jackson basically puts his team on his shoulders every week and goes out there and wins. With this team, he's the reasons why we are able to go and compete weekend and week out. Even with the shortcomings when you get to the playoffs, he still gives us our best chance. So what I've seen from the Ravens so far, when Lamar went out, even when he was in, they still had a chance. But him with him being out, you don't stand a chance to do nothing, no cut.
Speaker 1: The offense is Lamar centric, so it's gonna be hard to win when you built your offense around the guy and that guy's not in there. Like you said, they weren't winning very many games with Lamar in there this year. Cooper Russ eleven of nineteen seventy two yards, man through the ball seventy two nineteen times had seventy two yards, so they were sid that was twenty one to thirty four collectively fo one hundred and seventeen yards.
Speaker 3: And also not just talking about the quarterback, to the other players on offense, you have to raise your level of play because you don't have you don't have eight back there. Because you don't have eight back there, you have to bring your level of play up to par to hide the weakness quarterback. Yes, they baby, they or you that boy. You have to take over the situations like this when you get to I mean, I see that they're trying to make them plays, trying to do extra, trying to add that that that spark to that offense. You know, it's just everybody, Babeman, everybody has to it has to be elective effort. Okay, we don't have our quarterback. That means all of us we got to play damn near perfect. You have to, especially the NFL, especially with Yeah, you're not gonna recover because with them turnovers, they getting points off them turnovers.
Speaker 1: They're not because they're not they're not good enough to come back. Yeah that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Oh yo. People saying I snitched. I didn't snitch. We had the meeting because Mike called the meeting. Mike knew he wasn't in the meeting.
Speaker 1: I told him what I recommended because I didn't want him to like man hey to me for me to be talking to him and all the while, I recommended that Mike suspended asked for a game. So I told him, Yeah, I ain't want little snitch. I snitched on myself. I snitched on myself. Or you want to say something, because whatever normally, whatever happened in that.
Speaker 2: Meeting, it stayed in the meeting. I just wanted him to know that was my recommend pe.
Speaker 3: Holding you accountable to street guidelines and this ain't the street life, this ain't the.
Speaker 2: O cho. Yeah, o jo. If I if I go tell you what I told somebody, how's that snitching? I told you what I told him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, normally snitch don't come back and tell somebody or bad You know, I told such and such on you.
Speaker 2: They don't do that. It was a meeting. We had a meeting.
Speaker 1: What was going to be the punishment. Clearly finding him wasn't getting the message thing. He kept doing the same thing. This is what I recommended. Now he didn't take my recommendation, but I told him, I said, this is what I recommended.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, you would have told me that if I was single team, you would have told me.
Speaker 2: I was told anybody.
Speaker 3: I would probably dropped you on the spot. I would have had to whoop you.
Speaker 1: Hey, we gotta find every day. Guess what you'd have missed that next game. I guarantee you and you wouldn't even missing. You wouldn't even been suspended. Well, we told that locker room up. I guess you we had told that locker room up. Oh, we're gonna tell that locker room up for sure. Damn, we're gonna tell the lock of Robbo Joe.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Dack Henry had one of his best days on y'all twenty four karacster Buck twenty two and you only get three points. You read the ball really well. I mean think about it. You have more rush yards than pass yards.
Speaker 2: That's bad. And like I said, I think they got a bye week, so.
Speaker 1: So he'll get an extra week off, Lamar get an extra week off so he could come back out of the by I.
Speaker 3: Mean, hey, do you want him to come back out of the buy? Being that you really don't have a chance of doing anything. Can they string off seven or eight games in a row?
Speaker 2: They can? Yeah, yeah, they can't. They have that kind of billy oyo. I mean that's Lamar. You believe in la.
Speaker 3: Okay, then will you believe they can run off three? And you see she had him looking without him? Yes, okay, you're right, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: The thing is is that you're probably gonna have to win that division because it looks like look at the AFC West, Kansas City, Denver, the Chargers could you possibly get? You got the AFC South right now, Indy looks good and Jacksonville even though Jacksonville, hey, hey, hey Duval, y'all want us to talk about the Jags today because y'all got mad at me and O Joe. Y'all don't never say nothing about the jack y'all Jiang Jack Jack. Okay, where y'all at? I ain't seen not one person missing nothing about the good about the Jacks.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: But Yo, that was the thing.
Speaker 1: People want us to talk about the team? Yeah, when they when they are two and twelve, what we're gonna say? Whoa jack Jack Jack? Okay, y'all, Hey, duvall? Where y'all at y'all wanted to talk about the Jacks?
Speaker 2: Mhm Uh, I don't know, Joe.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have to put some They're gonna have to put some stuff together. Man, Derick Henry can can can get hot. He and Lamar can carry your team. Moe, Joe.
Speaker 2: They did it last year. They did it last year.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I just I just a lot of people that that there's really nothing. There's nothing bad you can obviously there there. You can pick and talk about Lamar Jackson and what he can and what he can't do, and you know, no playoff success, but Lamar being absent it shows you how valuable, how good of a player he is, that the team is not even functional offensively without him there, and how important the quarterback poisition is as well, and why he makes and commands a kind of money he's making you take a Lamar Jackson out, you see what you get. You take a Joe burrowed out there equation, and you see what you get. Josh Allen obviously he hasn't been hurt, but I'm sure they wouldn't be able to function as well offensively. It just it changed the dynamics of everything that makes your team who it is when these top, top tier quarterbacks are no longer available for your team.
Speaker 1: Had the defense been playing as well as they played today, they held them to seventeen points. You know, normally, Old Joe, they give up party, they give up thirties. If they had been playing that, well, maybe they won a few more games. Get this game here, old Joe, I'm trying to join you.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: Oh, heard is right here? I found damn it disappeared on me. You don't want me to see. I'm gonna get it though.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do that. Yeah, over heard that right?
Speaker 2: This game? Your team, the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hold on, hey, oh I'm ready for this. Come on, come on, come on, run me down some numbers. I know we Lost'll get ready, I know we lost. Run me down some numbers from to day. I know we lost, but I'm gonna tell you something. I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 2: I know a whole lot too, a few.
Speaker 3: I know, I got some Bengo fans in the chat. I know a lot of people. Oh yo, son, you know yo, sorry, oh you know what beangals and all that. He he and ha ha, And that's fine, that's fine. But I'm gonna tell you I saw some I saw some good things. I saw some good things, not in the first half. About the second.
Speaker 2: I know what. You didn't say win and you ain't saw that number.
Speaker 3: That's fine, that's fine, that's fine. Listen, we building, we building to something good.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Jake Flacco, he been in he been in Cincinnati. Flaco been in Cincinnati for seventeen minutes. Flaco been in Cincinnati for seventeen minutes. And I saw the first half. But it's a little shaky. It's a little shaky. New offense. He got an appetizer, an appetizer of the playbook. There's only so much you can do, there's only so much you can put on his plate, even being a veteran new offense coming to new receivers. But what I saw from Flacco in that second half, when they had that seventeen play drive on and kept the ball for ten minutes in that third quarter and went down the field beautifully. I said, you know what, that's something we could build off of. We got a quarterback that can keep our head above water, and we can function and we can compete weekend and week out. Now, we didn't win the game. We played against a good a good Green Bay offense and DJ Turner. DJ Turner, if you see this, boy, I salute you. Boy, boy, you look good today. You hear me, you look good. You was on everybody like White on rice. I thought we were gonna have a chance to win the game on that third down and Romeo Dobbs got away, got away on that over route. I thought we were gonna get a chance to get the ball back, maybe go down and take the lead. But it didn't happen. They kept the ball, drove down, got a field goal, and it was too late. It was too late at that point.
Speaker 1: Uh oo. Talking about the building building, Oho, the Bengals building, like that church fund building.
Speaker 3: That you never finished. And listen, if you know football, you see some of the people probably didn't even watch the Bengals game, so they're not gonna understand what I'm talking about you. You look he looked for the size of Okay, listen, this is nice. Now Flacco can do this and string it together for five or six weeks. He only had a small a small severn side of the playbook at his disposal. So going into next week, Oh, we play the Steelers Thursday night, Stealers Thursday night. Y'all we finished, I'm going to the game. I'm gonna go to the game, right so I know that they're gonna be able to give Joe Flacco more of the offense, so he'll be able to do more.
Speaker 2: How you gonna keep how you gonna keep them wolves off?
Speaker 3: The wolves?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: T J Watt, cal Hayward a hot smith here.
Speaker 3: That with Michael Parsons and Shan Garvey today.
Speaker 2: How many seconds where y'all playing? Where y'all playing? How many seconds? I got? I got? How many sacks they had on.
Speaker 3: Flack O the day? Yeah, yeah, it's right there, I know you got who exactly what did I tell your officers line I need to do. We need you to show up and just give them some time to throw. They showed up in the game some time to throw.
Speaker 2: Did you see y'all gave a twenty five.
Speaker 3: Did you number one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you see the greatest receiver they ever done? Them strikes? I don't care who they put the ball in the vicinity t Higgins. I saw you, Yoshi. I need you to make them plays, baby, I need you to make them players, to keep them drives alive.
Speaker 2: You can do that. You can do that.
Speaker 3: There's a reason you the number.
Speaker 2: Let's go Steelers.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're good. Who they We're gonna be alright. I'm telling we're gonna be alright.
Speaker 2: Win day when you're going another game? When day?
Speaker 3: Can I take something? Can I take what gonna win? You're probably gonna win Thursday. We probably you're proba Thursday, y'alls.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, if I told y'all have lost four, I got I got something for you.
Speaker 3: Tell me something right, tell me something that I cannot do anymore. If the Bengals lose Thursday and I won't do.
Speaker 2: It, I mean you done you out?
Speaker 3: Everything they lost so much, A nice little, nice little friendly bet, nothing to do with no money, but something that I can actually, I can actually do, I can live without. If the Bengals lose and I problem, I won't do it no more that's how much I believe it. That's how much I believe in the Bengals winning Thursday.
Speaker 2: I put something, I put something together. We have something tomorrow. Y'all not gonna win on a matter of fact, and you know what time it is. I am. It's time for you to get a new team to REATU.
Speaker 3: Listen. I don't jump shit, I don't abandon I never abandoned.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: Things are always going to be good. Things are always going.
Speaker 2: To be great. Oh, Joey Fingith's only been good for y'all like three times in your lifetime. Stop that.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. We've had way more success than just three times. Come on now, yeah, absolutely, yeah, Okay, I take your.
Speaker 2: Word for it.
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 1: The New England Patriots went on the road to New Orleans and won by the score of twenty five to nineteen. Drake May was eighteen of twenty six, two sixty one, three touchdowns, no interceptions.
Speaker 2: He uh.
Speaker 1: Boot ta five catches ninety three yards, two touchdown. De Douglass had three catches seventy one yards touchdown. Stephan Diggs had three for twenty eight, had a long one called back for offensive past and appearance. The last time the Patriots started four and two without Tom Brady as their.
Speaker 2: Quarterback was nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: They won three games in a row for the first time since twenty twenty two are firmly in the ALC East Division race thanks to that Week five victory over the Bills. O Jo, I don't know how much of this game you watch, but Drake mayers he getting better, better, better, better, dyling.
Speaker 3: And listen, this all comes with repetition. Now, it comes with repetition. Not only that, coaching plays a huge part in that as well. And when you have boot tape, you got Douglas playing well, you got Stephan Diggs went crazy when crazy the past two weeks now other receivers are stepping up and saying, well, hold on, you got to worry about me too. You can't just key on digs because your key on digs. This is what we can do to you. This is what we can do to you. And then Drake may not turn the ball over, protecting the ball, making all the right decisions with with the ball, You're gonna always have a chance. And then they playing good defense. Rabel is a defensive coach. The defense of mind.
Speaker 2: And you got Josh McDaniel's back.
Speaker 1: That's what Hey, one thing, one thing you can Josh calls and plays. Josh moving forward, just turned head coaching down. You're not meant to be a head coach. You're meant to be an offensive coordinator. That's that's that's that's that's where that's where you.
Speaker 2: What if?
Speaker 3: What if he is a head coach that calls the plays like he's officer coordinator.
Speaker 2: He does, but he's not.
Speaker 1: He can't relate to people. He don't know how to talk to people. Okay, okay, okay, okay, that's his problem. He doesn't know how to talk to people. And the more people that he's over, he's a control freak. He talked to people reckless. So it's best that he deals with his little specialty group, which is the officive to coordinate them and the quarterbacks, tight end coach. You having them, wide receiver coach, you had of them, offensive line coach you have, you have the old line, running backs coach.
Speaker 4: You do that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put this scheme together with work on this. That's what he needs to do because he can't talk to people, he can't manage people.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know how to Seattle.
Speaker 1: Seahawks beat the Jags twenty to twelve. The Raiders beat the Titans twenty to ten. Hey, hey, Jags, y'all wanted to talk about y'all want to talk about the jaguar right quick?
Speaker 2: Let me see get over the jag right quay old you know jag jag?
Speaker 1: Whoa up who y'all was hooping to holler. Just the other day, Jackson Smith and jig Book dropped the bucks fit in the gym, y'all. Hey, Jackson height for buck sixty two and one sixty and a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Barnard had three for seventy one.
Speaker 1: Trevor Lawrence was twenty seven to forty two, two fifty six, two touchdowns. They ran the ball nineteen type. They didn't run the ball well enough. Uh. You know why they didn't run it well enough because Trevor Lawrence was sacked seven times for forty four yards when you can't run it, and they unleashed the hounds.
Speaker 3: They were gett they were getting after him now. They were getting after him.
Speaker 1: Oh d law former cowboy two sacks, Lynda Williams sack of the half b Murphy the second two sacks the woo suit, Sack of the half.
Speaker 2: Thomas A Sack and y'all, I mean, come on Dubal where y'all?
Speaker 3: L I don't think nobody from Duball in the chat? It's late. What time it is out there? It was?
Speaker 2: It was late last week? To remember, they played money night in late chat, lad.
Speaker 1: Talking reckless. All right, we're gonna get you all lives out of here. Uh, it's final. It's uh time for our final tam the evening, it's time for Q.
Speaker 2: You know what time it is? It's what time is it?
Speaker 3: What's what's called? She just went to the airport. So my flight at ten o'clock. So I land in Miami at five, and then I'm taking the kids at the NBA Young Boy Concert.
Speaker 1: Doctor Franken L. Bellamy, for the record, I have fired my weather man. Clearly he did not see a storm coming. Still love my cowboy, You say the weather man says it's gonna be a cowboy victory. Weather Man always lie. Morty Convin says, you door need representation that can free him from Cleveland. That's the real story, not Lion's Chief. They got his right. Can't nobody free from nowhere? Danny be no new England Patriots fans in the chat is wild. Drake May is playing good football. Drake May is playing great football. Morning Coffee, Unk and Ocho read the room. We won't your door free.
Speaker 3: But that ain't gonna work.
Speaker 2: What they gotta do with it? Yeah, he ain't got no parole coming up.
Speaker 3: He ain't up for parole.
Speaker 1: Ts card watching detailed service. Bengals need Russ bad, Just spend the money. Who's the tallest NFL quarterback ever played? Uh? I think Damn maguire. I think he was six eight and a half, as Waller was like six seven. I think damn Mark McGuire brother played with the Seahawks.
Speaker 3: Flaker would just fire in the day for those I mean, we lost the game, but unless you watch. I watched the whole game. I'm like, yeah, we can work, we can work with this. There's only so much they can put on this plate. Coming into this game, he was only sacked one time. You expect a game like this with with the with the with the front line that the Packers have, you would think it would be turmoil, it'd be chaos, but it wasn't. You know, they have some good, some good flashes Offensively, We're gonna be all right and you'll be able to see him Thursday night when it's the actual only game that's on.
Speaker 1: Still, don't kick that out, Jason Zeldorf. Justin Fields, Aaron glam said, football back of one hundred years. Who's the most god offul quarterback in the NFL? Justin Russ or Chad make Jake Brownie Chad's man, Jake Brownie. Well, Jake Browning is the worst. But two or the three gotten benched. If Justin Fields don't start playing better, he about to make it three for three.
Speaker 3: And who's the back, Oh, Tyrod Okay is definitely capable of of of of competing and give me your chance.
Speaker 1: Let's start a conversation about Justin Fields. We had that conversation earlier. He's not playing well, he's not reading.
Speaker 2: He's not processing, he's not reading, he's not seeing the field.
Speaker 1: Well, he's not We've had that we oh, Jo, Now, we talked about that earlier. I don't know if you if you joining us late, but we had a conversation about Justin Fields. And trust me, the jests are having a conversation about Justin Fields. Also, Jered Reed said, how about them Panthers? Keep pounding. Yes, Jared, you guys, did y'all pounded them Cowboys? Babol Patel got to add ma Homes to the early MVP conversation next to Baker. Fifteen and fourteen pass the yards, eleven touchdowns, two and twenty two yards rushing, four touchdowns, only two interceptions.
Speaker 2: Especially in the last three weeks, he's played exceptionally well.
Speaker 1: He's always going for the most part, he'll always be in discussion every time, but he's playing good football. He's looking like the Justin Field. Excuse me, he's looking like the Patrick Mahomes back. Yes, Danny b. Justin Fields looking like prime Prime Jason Campbell on the Redskins, Jason Zeldorf, My Giants man, my Man Dark aka Dark Vader and scat Ak Vanila. Jerome Bettters is going to take your take your Broncos. Dart is an actual NFL quarterback, unlike Fields. Still love your Hey, hey, Jackson Darten, Uh, Well, hold on, as you what did the Giants play the Broncos in New York or in Denver? That'd be a good game. But they're gonna get after this. They're gonna get aft this ass.
Speaker 3: Now they do that, you gotta be careful now you're you're not playing against no statue, playing against no statue.
Speaker 2: Justin field was a statue.
Speaker 3: Justin fields don't get out of that pocket or make them runs like like goddamn Jackson dark Man. Yes he can run, but it's a little different, a little different. You you won't see.
Speaker 2: Brian In said, Uh, let's go Lions.
Speaker 1: Tough game tonight, Dan, We'll have us ready for the Buccaneers next week, next Monday. We will get some players back soon from our r for dbn O l players. We got oh Cho Sunday Blues this week. Yep o, Yo, it ain't gonna look good, y'all. I mean, y'all gonna y'all. It's not often that a team lose two games in one week.
Speaker 2: Bucks. I mean, uh, the Bengals gonna.
Speaker 3: Do that, all right, y'all don't. I'm telling y'all, y'all know nobody want to listen to me.
Speaker 2: No, we don't.
Speaker 1: Pat Doves said, like my man texts me today after their game, Rico should be charged for a rico against the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Philly talk with Pa.
Speaker 1: I agree, players have to execute and he had his worst game in three years on Thursday. But Patulo has been terrible. The run game has never been stagnant under Hurts and the past this inconsistent. That is true, But teams are not gonna let Saquon run the football. Jalen Hurts is gonna have to be more efficient in the past game. It's really that simple. They are not going to let Saquan beat them. Oscar Wright said, just wanted to tell Ocho that I know how you feel about the Hall, but for all the kids that grew up watching you, we love to see see an Ocho bust.
Speaker 3: I can make my own bus.
Speaker 2: I got my old jacket.
Speaker 1: Quintin May said, oh, your favorite line when he's losing, you know what? Yeah, we know they're gonna lose again, Quintin. On Thursday, stray Tyner said, Dondle playing like this is your Panthers. Do you make chubble Hubert Hubbard again when he's healthy or stay with Rico?
Speaker 2: You stay with Rico. The question is, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: With Tuba running as good as Rico is right now before he got hurt, no he wasn't, so Rico's just starting now. Brandon Martinez said, uncan Ocho will the Cowboys keep Pickings. Well you almost have too, because you gave him a draft pick. Whatd you give up a third for it? You gave a draft pick, so you gave her a draft pick just for one year. Rent, I think they keep him, and I think.
Speaker 3: He wants to be it'd be a great place to stay. But then Jerry gonna pay him? You got is he gonna is? He gonna pay him what he's actually worth? And you already have a top paying you're paying or a top five ready.
Speaker 2: And and guess what you gotta do something like that? Yes, yes, yes, God.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that they're gonna they'll let Pick go. They'll let Pick go so he can, so he can he can get his payday the right way.
Speaker 1: King Lou the Third said Miles Garrett to Dallas. You see his face today, Yep, the same face I've seen the last three four years.
Speaker 2: He's just making more money now. Vincentinard said, good evening, unkin O.
Speaker 1: Your question, is the twenty twenty five Broncos defense on par better than the twenty fifteen or ninety seven Broncos defense. Yes, it is definitely on par with all of those defenses. I think the secondary might be a little better. There are no weakness. There was no weaknesses in that secondary you had, so you couldn't say, Okay, I'm not gonna throw it to leave, but I'm gonna throw at Chris Harris Jr.
Speaker 2: I couldn't do that.
Speaker 1: Riley Moss right now is the weak link on the secondary for the Broncos defense. So that's where people go. But you know, you had Vaughan, you had d Were, you got Coop, you got Bonito. I think the middle backers they're on par you had.
Speaker 3: De Wolf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very comfortable, very very comfortable.
Speaker 1: I think I would give the nod to secondary, even though Pats aer Tens probably is better than everybody in the secondary at the time. But I think the Broncos back for was better than the Broncos current back four is. But that's what They're very, very comfortable. But the office is not there. What the problem is The twenty fifteen our offense in ninety seven is way better than both of them. Jason Ocho's flag football team got whipped, His Bengals got whipped, and his for tend teams the Dolphins got beat.
Speaker 2: Oh Jo loves hot else. Yeah, the hot el Cafe that's all.
Speaker 3: My funny thing about it, and people we have to understand, Like, I know, we like making fun of me, but I'm one of the few people that have no problem taking ls. I don't always boast and and and praise and scream to the mountains with it when it's w's like, I take my l's with grace as well as you can see, I'm still smiling. It's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean bro, you, I mean, bro, you played it since you used to No, No King journey. Oh your my flight land in Miami winsday at eight pm?
Speaker 2: What you doing? Boy?
Speaker 3: Listen, Hey, my flight is at ten o'clock. I land in Miami at seven tonight. Then I'm going straight from the airport straight to the NBA Young Boy Concerts. So when you get that Wednesday, maybe be a politic. Be a politic at Tussy's.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So I'll let you boy.
Speaker 1: Saucy D said, O, Yo, what are your top three or top five individual athletes? Sports like boxing? Track, tennis? Example, Track and feel is my favorite. NFL is my second favorite. Basketball third. I used to like me, I used to like tennis, but I don't. I don't really, I don't since Federer and the doll. I I don't really follow it like I used to. Uh so, what you know the sports that I used to. I mean I couldn't wait and I would watch damn there all the time, The two of the Franz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's too long.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't watch no cycling many.
Speaker 3: I can't watch no.
Speaker 1: So when Greg Lemon first run first won it in the mid eighties, uh he was a teammate, he was a lieutenant and Bernardy know and then he went and got his own team to seven eleven and Bernardi know attacked him. And then Miguel and the Rain, the Lion King, Mario Cipolini. I just but I'm like track, give me track. If you give me take you only get three sports to watch the rest of your life. I'm taking track and field. I'm taking football.
Speaker 3: My top three. If you know me, you already know what they are. Soccer number one. Soccer will always be one. Football that's next in boxing is third, and take him. That That's all I could watch. That's my three in that order. What's you laughing at?
Speaker 1: A cupcake? Mama? Hey guys, it's been a while, shuning. You told me let my hair down dive back into the dating pool.
Speaker 2: Umph.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you it's sharking fested waters out here. Too many games.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey ale.
Speaker 2: Cupcake, Mama, you out of you?
Speaker 3: U Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, you ride you wild for that one?
Speaker 3: Hey, it ain't ain't nothing out there. Man ain't not not there.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Hey, like the song said, come on home? Hey, are you ready to come on home? Someone is calling to carry me home? And if you ready, hel Joe, I told you I'm coming on home, come on, come on. Tim's being said this weekend was not good for my guy. Oh Jo, I'm gonna need you to sit out this week. We're gonna start calling l L.
Speaker 3: It was a great week for me. Great, a phenomenal week.
Speaker 1: Uh, Danny, little John your reaction to Penn State find Jane Franklin.
Speaker 2: Oho, what you did say?
Speaker 3: You did say that you did this?
Speaker 2: I told you three weeks ago they're gonna fire you. You sure did you lose two games to UNR We just.
Speaker 3: Talked about that last night. I said, I said, no, no way in hell. They fined him and they on fifty million. You say, I guess they said hold our beer. I think you need to put back.
Speaker 2: Can't keep losing like that had an.
Speaker 3: Apart man to go to coach at Uh you we go coaching Penn State right now.
Speaker 2: You go ahead and go right ahead and take a I don't want.
Speaker 3: To matter of fact, you know, I mean I met I met your owner today.
Speaker 2: Oh did you Rob Walton? Oh that's the son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yea yeah, yeah he married yeah Walton Pinner. Yes, yes, yes, I think again him asked him for a job.
Speaker 3: I told him I could be the chief marketing officer. I let your boyd.
Speaker 2: Back.
Speaker 1: Conclude this episode of Nightcap, we want to thank each and every one of you are joining us as you watch the Kansacy. The Chiefs take down the Detroit Lions to move to three and three by the score of thirty to seventeen. The Lions fall to four and two. Thank you for joining. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite UNC Shunon Sharp. That is my partner and co host London. But he's back headed home state side in a very few hours. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and do it's a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from o Jo and I would like to thank each and every one of you for your support and you continue support because without you, Nightcap would not exist. It could not exist and thanks to you, we will continue to climb and prosper. Thank you for your support and you continue support. Make sure you check out Shay by Laportiy eight now. If you can't find it in a city or state near you, order it online. We'll shipping directly to your door. The best taste in premium vessupe Kangyak on the market. Don't take my word for it, ask a friend that have tried it or tried it for yourself. I promise you you will not be disappointed. Make sure you go check out my media company, Shay Shehay Media on all of its platforms and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is penning the chat guys. Make sure you guys check out Debo and Joe with James Harrison and Joe Hayden. They had the Devo and Joebo yesterday and Devo teams won by the score of twenty three or nine. The Steelers beat the Browns. Please make sure you go subscribe to their YouTube page Debo and Joe. They're live every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday mornings at eleven am. That's Debo and Joe. Chiefs beat the Lions thirty to seventeen. Broncos beat the Jet thirteen to eleven. They sacked justin Field nine times, fifteen QB, fifteen QB hits, seven tackle for losses, four pass defenders, and the Jets had negative ten yards passing negative eighteen total yards.
Speaker 2: That's not good.
Speaker 1: The Panthers beat the Cowboys thirty to twenty seven. Ric o'dado got his revenge with one hundred and eighty three rush yards. He told them buckle up. They didn't buckle up, but they had to learn the hard way. So that concludes this episode of Nightcap. I'm up, He's oh Joe. We'll see you tomorrow night after the games. Thanks for joining us again. Good night everyone,