Speaker 1: Hey everyone, it is the Queen Extreme fran Scene and you are listening to Eyes up Here with Francine on the iHeartRadio network or wherever you get your podcasts. As always, I am joined by my co host Chad. And Chad we got carried away on this Tuesday episode that we had we had to take it to Earth Day. I thought we were going to be able to cover this in about forty minutes, when we were not, and there was so much that we had left to cover, so we decided to make it a two parter. So, yeah, how you doing.
Speaker 2: You are right, I'm doing great now. This is like it was getting so like intense and you hit the part where I was like, you know what, this is where we have to start the next part of the conversation because when Brett Hart puts that little nu I'll get out there about Owen Hart's death, it's like that to be is like for them to have that out in the world, that's a huge thing to say. So that's where we'll pick it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, So before we start, for anyone just tuning in, if you have not listened to Tuesday's episode, I suggest you go back and listen to that one first, and then come back over here because we are talking about the mister McMahon documentary that aired on Netflix, and we're a little late to the party, I admit, but I watched everything and we're giving our thoughts. So we did one through four, and then in the middle of four we had to stop because we had talked so long we had to make it a two parter. So now we're continuing episode four about Brett Hart. Episode four was the Attitude Error, and Brett Hart made a very bold statement, as I said in the last episode, he says, is it because I left WWF that my brother, you know, did they basically rig it to that Owen Heart would die? He's insinuating that the cause of death was by WWF because he walked out, and which I thought was ridiculous. Yeah, yeah, Like is that revenge for me? On? Come on? Like, no, not at all. And when he said that, I was flabbergasted. I was like, do you really believe that they would put a hit on someone just to get back at you? Terrible?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did in the moment at least, yeah, at least in that emotional like a couple of I mean, could look in ninety nine, So we're a year and a half for so removed from November ninety seven. He was still at odds with Vince and the WWF, and it was not pretty and they were still slinging mud left and right. I mean, he had said some you know, nasty stuff about Earl Hebner that was out there on the sheets, you know, and they were just it was not an easy time to be Brett Hart against the WWF. So for him to feel that way at the time, I'm sure was very you know, justified. And then you know, i mean, throwing it out there, you know, you're gonna have to hear the scrutiny. It's it's awful to hear all that stuff back, and to watch all that stuff back and see the clips of the guys and what was going on backstage. I mean, it's it's incredible to see that people had to live through all that live well.
Speaker 1: Here, yeah, here's here's the thing. And this is another reason why I don't like Vince McMahon. At times, they go over Owen Hart dying that evening on the pay per view, right, tragic, tragic thing that happens live. You tend to think of these guys and girls as your family. I refer to ECW as my family. I mean, you know, my extended family. These are my brothers. Right. How do you think that they felt to learn that one of their not only co workers, but brothers, so to speak, just died in the ring and now you're expected to go and wrestle in that very same ring where he just passed away?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How do you do that to somebody? And then they go to Vince McMahon, Well, I'm a businessman, The show must go on? Are you kidding me? I am sorry. I think every person in that arena would have understood that they would have to call the show because Owen Hart just passed away. Yeah, how heartless that that? That? Now that was the flip side of Vince Tommy enduring an episode one I want to punch in an episode four. My stomach turned like hearing him. I never heard him say those words the show must go on? What if God forbid Stephanire Shane was harnessed and they fell, would the show go on?
Speaker 2: What Bret Hart says, Yeah, when Shane McMahon gets dropped from the top of it.
Speaker 1: Was your child or something happened to Linda? Would the show have went on. If the answer is yes, you are a heartless bastard. To me, I don't know how they worked. When they showed the promo from Jeff, oh my god, my heart, yeah, oh my god. I felt so bad for them.
Speaker 2: Here you go. First of all, First off, Owen Hart, I'm praying for you, buddy. Next line, Valvenus, you've been chasing these puppies around, I mean behind him.
Speaker 1: I understand they had to do what they had to do. Their heart wasn't.
Speaker 2: Into this, no all.
Speaker 1: And anybody you could tell they showed, you know, multiple performers in their face. How do you expect somebody to perform that way? I didn't see this pay per view, But was the rest of the show any good? I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: Imaginable, horrible? And you're a blood stained in the ring the whole time?
Speaker 1: That was now if you Blue Meanie went on a tirade about this and said that wasn't Owen's blood.
Speaker 2: That was there.
Speaker 1: Okay, And and if you're interested, go over and listen to his podcast because he or I think it's I don't even know that. I think it's the one he does with Conrad. But he made it a point to say that wasn't Owen's blood, but that doesn't change the fact that it was despicable that they still went on with the show.
Speaker 2: It's not a good show. It's not a good show.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't expect it.
Speaker 3: To be a good show because somebody just died. Yeah, it's disgusting, really really disgusting that. That is one of the lowest things I think that ever happened in wrestling. To go forbid something like that happens, and then to keep working and making these people work. You get in that ring, you look to your left or you're right, and you know that Owen was just there prior and now he's gone.
Speaker 1: That's despicable. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Comments from Martha Hart.
Speaker 1: Recent comments, Yeah, you want to read it.
Speaker 2: With the documentary. He fails to mention is that the equipment used was never meant for a repelling stunt. Instead, a harness meant for dragging stunt people behind cars on movie shoots was used with a sailboat clip meant to release onload with only six pounds of pressure. Had the WWE hired qualified riggers who followed proper protocol that includes redundancy at its typical practice and use it correct equipment. Owen would not have died that night.
Speaker 1: Your god, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I continue to hold the WWE and it's then management responsible for Owen's death. I refuse to let vincick Man or anyone else rewrite that history.
Speaker 1: Well she's allowed. You know, it's just a sad story all around, and it just it could have been prevented. Again, I mean, don't they did they do test runs? Did they do a series of like.
Speaker 2: You'd have to watch that dark stand? I don't remember. I think they did. I mean they always tested that stuff out. They always did that was that was always the thing. And you know they used the guys that did stings repelling, you know from the ceiling for WCW. They always tested that crap out. But whatever it was, it just did not unclip.
Speaker 1: Oh makes my stomach sick. It was just so sad to see his body lifeless in the ring, and then they showed the boys just trying to get through the night. My god. You know, you would think he would have a little more remorse for somebody who died under his watch. And that's all I'm going to say about that.
Speaker 2: Jerry Lawler. Jerry Lawler coming back to the announced booth white as a ghost and then as it looks, it does not look good. Yeah, I mean that is just a clip that lives in infamy.
Speaker 1: All Right, we will go to episode five. Do you have anything else to say?
Speaker 2: What else can you say?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's go to episode five. Episode five was about his family. You get Paul Hayman talking about Vince's childhood. Again, he does allude to the fact that he might have been abused by his mother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's been said before.
Speaker 1: Many different ways, not just physical, right, which again makes you think if he's suffering sexual abuse, you know, just regular abuse by by beatings or whatever, if he didn't get any counseling or any help, or is this why he's treating women the way he is portraying them on TV? You know, I just I'm not justifying it again, but is this why his brain works the way he does? You know what I mean, There's there's a there's a root cause to this. There's a problem there. And again I never knew of the upbringing that he had. But to allude that your mother might have done despicable things to you, that is that's heavy to have to carry. That's a heavy load to carry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that story has been out there for a while too, that there's that that kind of abuse was possibly happening, and does that answers a lot of questions. If that's the case, that could be a lot of what's going on.
Speaker 1: Well, here here we go. They talk about Triple H and Stephanie getting together, and she says she doesn't want to mention the one storyline that her dad brings up to her that she said no. But then we go to Vince and Vince goes, oh, is that the one that I said I impregnated at my daughter? And I'm like, oh my god, Like is it again? Is this where it's stemming from sexual abuse as a child? And then you think this is an appropriate thing to put on television? Gross? Katie Vicangle, Gross, Like what do they think? What are they thinking? At least Stephanie had enough sense to put her foot down and say, no, Dad, that's pretty inappropriate, Like I'm not doing that, you know what I mean? That's disgusting.
Speaker 2: I can't they showed, I believe was it the one clip of Stephanie the long shot where they pick up her hanging over the desk, you know, and it's like the shot coming up of her from behind or something, and she's showing how they sexualized her over the years, you know, and.
Speaker 1: She yeah, they might have. I don't remember that one. They showed a lot of like Trish Stratus because she was interviewed. They showed the bar looking like a dog. Segment Stacy Keebler with her legs open and Vince's head between when she gets hired for the job. She's sitting on the desk and her legs are here and Vince's lake between her, Vince making out with Sable, Vince making out with Candice, Michelle, Vince making out with everybody, Sable, Sable.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Sable being brought up because there was an allusion to uh, I guess maybe that's we will hold off. We'll come back to see hold on. Yeah, yeah, we'll come back to see.
Speaker 1: The first thing they're they're so they're covering is Shane and excuse me, you're covering Stephanie and Triple H. And they they go to mention that Shane McMahon is against him being with her, which I found interesting. Shane did not want Triple H dating his sister. Vince was pushing for it. So I don't know if Shane had a disliking to Triple H back in the day or if he just didn't want the boys tarnishing his sister kind of thing. But they talked about that a little bit. They talked about how Vince was the cheerleader for Triple H. They talked about Linda, and Linda not liking performing. She said she was the worst out of the four. She didn't want to be on camera, but Vince thought it was important. Even though she wasn't the best at acting, she was part of the family and it was important to have her, you know, in the storyline. And they showed when they apparently true strategy drugged Linda and she was pushing around in the wheelchair and then them making out in front of Linda, and you know, Linda's saying, well, you know, it's part of the story. It's heat blah blah blah, and everybody was okay with it, so let's roll with it. And it's just like, okay, now, let me just.
Speaker 2: Go the bark like a dog segment with Trish, Right, yeah, okay. In thinking about it in the vein of a television show are And I'm not trying to condone this and saying this is a practice that if we would take the real Trish Stratus person and say this is what you have to do to keep your job. It was being used in the form of television, right, did they Did they mention how in the end Vince got his comeupp ins and was made the fool in the storyline. I don't think they did. No, they just brought up that he made her bark like a dog and wolf wolf Wolf, Vince was made to look like the asshole at the end of it.
Speaker 1: They I do remember Trish saying it was it's a form of heat and you're supposed to not and I agree with her. You know, Vince being a heel and putting Trish in that position, he got a lot of heat for it. Yeah, as a woman, I can see it in the sense of it is a TV show and it's fine with Like I thought it was heat too degrading to women. Yeah, but it's a it's again, it's a TV show.
Speaker 2: Right, But we watch movies where they do things. I'm sorry, we watched movies where they can do the same thing.
Speaker 1: I know, Like you've said it wasn't like the Janelle Grant thing where he's defecating on her head and you know, telling her to do certain things to certain people and you know, pe you on command and all this weird stuff. No, it was a segment for television and it got the response that they wanted it to get. So are you a feminist that that is against this stuff? Then, like they said, turn the TV off, don't watch. It's that simple. You know, I'm a woman. I didn't take offense to it. I do think some things are poor taste, but that really doesn't bother me. You know, it's degrading, yes, but it you know, it got the reaction that they wanted.
Speaker 2: To right, Yeah, just what I was reading.
Speaker 1: You know, if I was interested position, I would have did it. That segment I would have did. I would have done it. You know. Yeah, there's far worse things that people have done in wrestling that I would draw the line out. But this, eh, it's he just my opinion, don't come out me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like you know, people, he's done so many bad things. When people use storyline stuff as a example of the bad things, it's like follow the storyline. He got made to look like the asshole at the end.
Speaker 1: So it's like he's weird sometimes with his storyline. So you gotta admit, like it's part of this a fantasy that he has in his head. He's literally making out with the hottest girls in the company right over and over again. He's booking this. Do you blame him? You know? I mean he's got that power. You either make out with mister McMahon or you're out the door. Kind of ill.
Speaker 2: And his talent relations guy is finding some of the talent too, I mean.
Speaker 1: You know, what can I say? But they talk about the family. They show old photos and video about Linda and Vince getting married, which was nice to see. They talk about the feud that the family had that you know, picking side. Stephanie picked her dad's side while Shane went with the mom. Then they get into Sable. This is where they get into Sable and Vince goes to say that he doesn't remember much about the lawsuit. Do you believe it because I.
Speaker 2: Remember you remember to read a Chatterton and that it was consensual from nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 1: But he doesn't remember about Sable, which.
Speaker 2: I could it be because of Sable's husband.
Speaker 1: Well, they alluded to, like could this be a real affair or was it just a storyline? And there's a I'm like, what, I've never heard of them having an affair, have you. That's a yes.
Speaker 2: I mean things that are circulated.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've never read anything. I've never heard anything. Again, I must be the naive one between the two of us, because I don't hear anything. You're the one who gives me all my gossip. So if you heard.
Speaker 2: Something, Chadster, here's a lot of things he doesn't say allegedly.
Speaker 1: See, this is the partnership that should not be because if you do not share with your.
Speaker 2: Oh man, as there stuff I can't say. I was born to secrecy till the end. You could never.
Speaker 1: Tell me that on the internet.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no no no. You know I have friends I don't and they've told me stuff I have will never I can't share ever ever ever.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Vince doesn't remember about the lawsuit, and he looked a little, uh pissed off while he was talking about it, and it was weird, so to speak. So I don't know what he was alluding to. But I've always heard that Vince was in love with sable on a sheet, So take that for what you will. Uh. They showed the Stock Exchange, New York Stock Exchange. Uh. They talked about the downfall of w c W, talked about Vince buying w c W the XFL, which was a disaster. I didn't know how much of a disaster it was. I knew, but I didn't know about the time frame and you know how how it went down seventy five percent since the first episode and all of that stuff they had stats and him being interviewed about it and looking extremely uncomfortable in the interview because the guy was just rolling on him one thing after another.
Speaker 2: Do you remember you don't remember all that rollout of the XFL. No, Because it was around the time of ECW going out of business.
Speaker 1: I didn't really pay attention to the XFL. I knew it was a football league, you know, when football wasn't around that this came up, but I didn't know like what it was actually or who was involved. I just knew it was Vince's thing.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Yeah, So I recorded. I still have it on tape. I transferred to DVD the first pregame show and the first broadcasted game that they had on Network TV. They have JR. And Jerry Lawler doing play by play of one of the games. They have The Rock doing the intro to the kickoff. Right, they have Jesse Ventura as a color commentator on one of the other games. Right, it is a WWF at the time show on Turf. It's like, yeah, it's so bad. If you're a football fan, you're trying to watch it. It's so But JR called football legit, so it's like he's he knows what he's doing. But it's just it's so. It's like the B team. It's like watching like high school kids play professional football.
Speaker 1: They were showing clips and every clip was somebody missing a ball.
Speaker 2: Oh so bad, throwing a ball.
Speaker 1: Bouncing off third head, trying to catch it, they missed the play. Like they were basically saying everybody sucked in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was for football players who could not make it anywhere, right.
Speaker 2: Right, it was amateurs. I saw I was. I loved it because Opie and Anthony did the pregame show from New York, so I recorded it because it was like getting another Opian Anthony show. But even they talked about how shitty it was Okay, it's it's great. It's such a time capsule if you look back at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So they they showed that, which again I didn't know anything about it, and Bob Costas is just saying that he was great.
Speaker 2: He was great.
Speaker 1: It was pretty funny to see him. Oh. They they talked a little bit about them losing the w w f UH the rights to use the initials to UH the World Wildlife Fund and what else did oh talked about John Cena? How John Cena's character wasn't really going anywhere and he was on the version getting fired. But then he was on a bus one day going to a show and there were a bunch of guys in the back of the bus and the rappin' and John's like, well, I'm going to go on the back of the bus and he starts freestyle and rapping. Little did he know Stephanie McMahon was on the bus and stuff, and he says to him, do you want to do that on television? And John's like, hell, yeah, I want to do that on television. And that saved his career because he was on the chopping block. Yeah, that was an interesting tidbit.
Speaker 2: He was horribly lame before that, his character was so bland, but well, he was prototypeing in Ov Dubb but when they brought him up, he was just generic John Cena with your local sports team's colors. Whenever he went to you know, if he was in Philly he had the green and white tights, and he was in New York he had orange and blue tights. He was so generic as just John Cena. It was awful. So yeah, that was quite the transition.
Speaker 1: Right, And then they talk about Vince declining to buy the UFC at the time, which he totally should have bought it, but you know whatever, he didn't think it was a big deal. And then the final thing about this episode is Shane leaving w w E. They did show a promo about Janelle Grant's lawsuit at the end of this episode. So again, Shane McMahon, my favorite McMahon always was, always is always will be. I should have wore my darn it, I should have wore my Shane McMahon jersey that I have from one.
Speaker 2: You have a Shane O mac jersey. I do.
Speaker 1: My husband bought it for me.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, look at you, Shane O mack.
Speaker 1: You I think it's I think it's the one from one of the pay per views. I think there's like money, here comes the money, or something's.
Speaker 2: On the back of it.
Speaker 1: But it's the cool one that buttons down the front like a hockey jersey, but it buttons the baseball jersey. I guess it is.
Speaker 2: Are we going to do the breaking news when he debuts on AW or what?
Speaker 1: And is that I've been waiting with it.
Speaker 2: Coming, It's coming. It's definitely coming very soon.
Speaker 1: Well I can't wait for it to come because I'm like, wait, I'm chomping at the bit to see him there. The last episode was titled The Finish and it basically covers the last ten years and Vince leaving. The first thing that they show or clips from WrestleMania twenty three, and they showed Donald Trump. They show a lot of Donald Trump, And let me tell you something, whether you like him or not, he was pretty damn good in the world of professional wrestling. He was much deserving of his Hall of Fame spot. Don't you think that.
Speaker 2: Was a great angle. We've got a lot of eyeballs. Him and Vince had a great chemistry. He threw a mean slap to Vince Yeah, and can't take a stunner.
Speaker 1: But no, but he got to shave his head, which was cool.
Speaker 2: He got shave Vince's head. But he every time he and he Hey bought Monday Night Raw later on, he was he was always good. Did they show the clip of him and the Boogeyman?
Speaker 1: I don't think so they showed they They showed a lot of like the bald It was, yeah, like Vince was. Vince was in front of a picture of Donald Trump balled and then Trump was in front of a picture of Vince ball Ye the face off, and then they actually showed a little bit of the match, and then they showed him shaven.
Speaker 2: Right, there's a there's a segment that maybe it's a wrestlemate before perhaps, but there's a segment that Donald Trump does with the Boogeyman, you know, when a Boogeyman does like the creepy pop up from somewhere. Yeah, the comedic timing is out of this world because Trump does like one of those like looks at him. You know, Boogeyman has to like scurry away because he does like you know, it's just I'll send.
Speaker 1: It to you.
Speaker 2: It's very funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so after they show this, they show the storyline about Vince wanting to die and when he gets in the limo and they blow the limo up right, and then it's like okay. They show like a visual and a candlelight thing with Vince's picture and deceased two thousand and seven or whatever it said on it. But then that had the halt because Benoir, the stuff with Chris Benoa happens, and at first they do a tribute show because they didn't know the details of what happened. But then as the story breaks, turns out we all know the tragedy, you know, Vin, excuse me, Chris, Nancy and their son died, and the story is told that it was Chris taking everybody's life and then taking his own, which is horrible, absolutely horrible. So you know, Vince didn't want to go that route with you know, killing himself, so they had to backtrack do something different.
Speaker 2: I was at the show where they played the Vince graphic uh following the explosion, and it was such poor taste. While the the it was all unfolding, it was I mean, everybody hated it at the time. Nobody liked the storyline. Nobody liked the angle. The biggest thing to come out of it was that Paul London got a ton of heat for smiling during the somber Yeah, the very somber walk Vince had to the limo and Paul London big grin on his face. But I remember it just like people were booing the you know, the graphic when it popped up. It just it was such a stupid angle at the time, Yeah, made no because you know he was going to come back, you know, like it was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It was one of those things where were starting to get like ridiculous what they were doing with mister McMahon, because it's like, what else could you do with him? He's already like lost a company ten million times, He's fought every babyface as the evil owner of the company. Now he's dead, and now he didn't come back. So it's like when all the Benwa stuff happened on the Monday, You're like, oh my god, well they got to scrap that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. And he goes on to say like how people were calling to make sure he was alive, Like Donald Trump called and said, is Vince okay? Are you okay? And like some of the boys were like, did Vince die? Is he okay? And it's like, dude, if you don't know, that's work okay with Trump. But everybody else like, do you think they would show his demise on television?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's.
Speaker 1: You know, it's corny, it's hokey.
Speaker 2: Right, and that's the kind of stuff like I just shake my head when I hear this.
Speaker 1: I hear you. Well, they had Brian Gertchwitz, Brett, Steve, everybody was sharing thoughts about, you know, Chris ben wom what happened and this gets into this was really interesting interesting. Chris Newinsky comes on, and you know, he's been an advocate for CTE for like the longest time and has been doing research for years, and he was one of the first people that said that Ben Wall had CTE. And this shocked me. When Steve Austin said he doesn't believe in it, Yeah, I was shocked to hear that because I think it's a real thing. Undertaker was saying he was mad that you know, he's old school. He's mad that the chair shots to the head were taken away, but he does understand why because of you know, it affecting people's brains and you take one too many chair shots. That's not good so for but for Steve Austin to say he doesn't believe in it that, I just was left. I'm founded with that one.
Speaker 2: I was a shocker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that was kind of a weird. I mean, you believe what you want to believe, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: And they show the clip. They show the Owen pile driver that analyzed him broke his neck and uh, you know when he said, oh, I was dumped on my head once and that was you know, they showed the clip. I would shudder to think that Steve Austin has had many a concussion over his career, and you know, maybe he's lucky enough to not suffer some of the effects that some of the other guys do. Unfortunately, but it's kind of well documented. Especially let's take wrestling out of the equation. Okay, wam, it's gone. The NFL players that are suffering now and who have passed away and have documented CET A brain scan it is. I was shocked by his comments that he was not believing in CT and man effacts. Very surprised.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. I just was like, oh, come on, like I usually agree with Steve on a lot of things, but this one, I was just like bro wrong. CT is a real thing. I remember. I remember before Shannon pissed away Daphne, she told me, she said, I told my father, I'm donating my brain. Yeah, she swore she had CT. She swore she had it. I am not sure if they ever went through with it, but I remember her telling me over and over again, I have CT. I know I have CT, and I'm just like sad.
Speaker 2: It's incredibly sad. I spoke with the guy who played in the NFL last week and he was telling me, you know, I asked, how do you feel? And he said, well, outside of how many times I was hitting the head during my career, I feel great. And he noticeably, and I've worked with this guy in about two years, he was noticeably slower in every respect that I had for a question just in general, how are you or is this date okay?
Speaker 1: And uh?
Speaker 2: And working with him two years ago, maybe even a year and a half just and his response was, outside of all the hits I took thirty years ago, I'm fine. So that doesn't tell you that there's there's long term effects. Super shocked by stone cold Steve.
Speaker 1: Austin, Yeah, that's pretty sad. Phil much Nick was in this a lot. You don't like him?
Speaker 2: Eight his guns wrote, I wrote my senior my my senior year in high school, like dissertation on how much I disliked Phil much Nick.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, in watching him on this doc, I I kind of admire him for taking the initiative to tell it like it is and to pull no punches as a reporter. He just talks about the quality of life changes he's seen in wrestlers over the years. And you know it's true. The older we get, we're decaying faster than the normal human being. It's trauma. But I don't care how many people say, well, you go to wrestling school, you learn how to take a bump. I don't care if you learn how to take a bump. Taking a bump is not normal. It is trauma on your body. You just fall one time in regular life, and you can screw up your whole skeletal system with one fall. Okay, imagine doing it for a living and bumping night after night after night after night. Some night you might fall flat on your back. Some night you might hit your head. Sometimes you might land on your shoulder, or your hip wrong, or your tailbone. Your body will never be the same again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So compared to like a normal person, we're aging quicker and our bodies are rapidly destroying themselves. It's just inevitable. I'm never gonna get better. My neck is never gonna get better. My back is never going to get better. And I didn't do half the stuff that the pro wrestlers who wrestled every single lean and took multiple bumps in. I took maybe two three bumps a night for seven years in a row, which is bad. You know, that's not good. But when you're doing a match and bumping twenty thirty times a night, that takes another level of a toll on your body. Right, So you know, I agree with Phil. Your way of life is not going to be good when you're sixty, seventy eighty years old. It's just it's proven. Look at most of these guys walking, they can't even walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's very true. Absolutely, Is that fair to say?
Speaker 1: I think that's a.
Speaker 2: Fairy fair fair to say. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, you know, Phil Phill's on the money, and you can't argue that fact. And I think every you know, some wrestlers are luckier than others, but some are mostly dependent on pain pills, which is sad, you know, because that's when you see them. They're they're falling asleep at their tables when they're supposed to sign and stuff, and it's like, you know, people pin them. Oh you're a drug addict, right, Well, why did I start to take these drugs? Because my body is killing me and I can't cope with the pain exactly, So how are you supposed to live? You think a tile on all is going to do it? No, it's not so if you you don't walk these guys' shoes, you can't answer that question. So you hear from Phil who you hate.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Then we talk about the Undertaker and he talks belt his his winning streak, ending that he didn't know I know, they make it a thing.
Speaker 2: They didn't need to be on their like this is where it was stupid, you know, and all those things they threw in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it wasn't stupid because he had a concussion.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know that all right? That part, yes, it ties in.
Speaker 1: He had a concussion and he still went I think he said like twenty twenty five minutes afterwards, and he doesn't remember any of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that parts the concussion.
Speaker 1: But then Vince says, well, he was traumatized by losing the belt, that's why he didn't remember, Not because he had a concussion. Vince tried to say he was so upset because he had to drop the strap, that's why he didn't remember the match, but Taker saying, no, I hit my head. I had a concussion, and that's why I don't remember any of the match. So they're talking about CTE concussions. So yeah, it did happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'm confused with another part.
Speaker 1: Then okay, but you know hearing Vince saying he was too traumatized to remember, too traumatized by the loot, the winning street coming to an end by losing. Are you serious You can't admit that the guy had a concussion? Does he think Taker was lying to him? Wasn't there medical in the back telling him, yeah, you're concussed, you have a concussion.
Speaker 2: If anybody was as loyal as Soldier to him, it would be him. So the Undertaker, I think you listen to what he was saying.
Speaker 1: For sure. God. So then they they say how they have to go to PG programming. Now they talk about the Women's Revolution for like a minute, and then they showcase Shane McMahon coming back to WWE after several years of being away and he gets to work with the Undertaker at WrestleMania thirty two. Then Taker says he would take a bullet for Vince, and it is very clear that this was filmed. They keep saying this was filmed before the Janelle Grand incident. So it's like, okay, you would take a bullet for him? Would you take a bullet for him? Now? Is anybody's opinion different now than it was when you sat down and did this interview?
Speaker 2: I mean I listened to a lot of clips that are out there from Undertaker's podcast, and I don't hear him speak any differently.
Speaker 1: So he okay, so he's remaining a loyal soldier. But there how about everybody else?
Speaker 2: You know, I'd venture to think that. I mean John Cena, you know, in the very.
Speaker 1: Business, John Cena's back kind of you know, doing his retirement thing.
Speaker 2: So you've seen it publicly said, you know, he felt for Vince McMahon and what he was going through, and that you know, he's he's there for his friends when they need him and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: So why would he say any different? Like I just said, he's back with the company doing his whole retirement thing. He's still when do you think that's with me? And the first thing you think of is WWE. Even though he's not physically a part of that you know company anymore, he's still going to be a name associated to them. So I don't think anybody that is involved with WWE is going to talk about him negatively. I think fear wise or anybody who thinks they can get a Legends deal, or who think they can get something from the company, you know what I mean. I think the people who are vocal just don't give a shit and are telling it like it is because they don't care. They have nothing to lose. There's no dog in the game, right. If you have something to gain from it, then you have to watch your p's and q's because you still have a big man there kind of sort of through Triple H. You know, Stephanie pop Up. Is she going to come back at some point? We don't know. No one knows. So I feel like if you work for that company, you have to dance around the subject and that's why not a lot of people are going to talk about it. But it's just funny because all of these you know, these interviews were done before the news came out, so you have to keep that in mind. Vince was asked if he would retire, he said no. Everybody else said they'd never see Vince retiring. What does it go to him retiring in twenty twenty two only to come back in twenty twenty three. And then they interviewed Bruce Pritchard and he feels like they look back on the whole doc and Bruce says, this is it's a hip piece, just to make Vince look bad. And then he goes into what Vince did for his wife when his wife was sick, And I get that. I get that Vince was good to him. I understand it. He has a different relationship with Vince than a lot of people do, so I can understand the loyalty. But there's got to be part of you, even if you don't want to say it publicly. There's got to be a part that says this behavior is not right. But can he say that publicly? Again, No, he cannot, even though he might think it. He can't say it. I mean, don't you even think McMahon questions what he did? You know, do people who commit crimes show remorse afterwards and realize what I did was wrong? Some do and some do. Do you think Vince McMahon has a conscience. Do you think the power or hungary maniac who ran that company has a remorse about how he treated some of the employees, some of the boys, some of the staff. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know that person, but I get where Pritchard's coming from because he has that different relationship. So after they talked to Bruce, they say two days after that the interview was filmed, all the details of Janelle Grant's lawsuit become public, and then they talk about Vincent's legacy in the business. This was again in twenty twenty one and twenty twenty two, So you would come to think what they answer different now? Is his legacy tarnished because of everything that popped up, all that we know? Now? Does that take away from what he did for the business. My answer is no, it doesn't. I separate the two. I can, just like with ben Law, I see a brilliant performer in Chris and Law. Few could do it better than him in the ring. As a person, it was terrible what he did. And again, was it a sickness due to CTE Will never know. We'll never know, But poor Nancy and poor Daniel. My heart breaks for those two. You know, it's like, just do it to yourself. Don't hurt anybody else. You want to be gone, Just just do it to yourself. You know they're innocent, innocent little boy. But I can separate that and look at his performance. Doesn't mean I have to like the person. And this is the same with Vince McMahon. Vince McMahon was a brilliant booker, a brilliant businessman. You know. He came from dirt, poor nothing and made a multi billion dollar company and carried it on his back. His character was one of the best heels I've ever seen in my life, and I loved to hate him. But as a person, the more I find out, the more sick I become. But I separate the two right, because that's the only way you can. It doesn't because he's a shitty person doesn't make his performance shitty. No, he was brilliant before we found out he did all this stuff. Why would you take the brilliant away from him? You can't. You can't take away talent like that. So for me, like I separate the two. But then you know, they the episode just goes into Vince being on to investigation. It talks about brock Lesnar being involved and that Janelle Grant's lawsuit is on hold while federal investigation is still ongoing, and that's how it ended. So I would have loved for them to incorporate her. I get why she wasn't on it. I understand all that, you know, she can't talk about it or whatever, but I would have loved more like maybe another part and they covered the lawsuit and they covered what was in the paperwork, and you know, because that stuff was just wow. I read her and it was like wausers, you know what I mean. Interesting. But overall for me not wanting to watch it, I will say I did enjoy it. I did. I'm glad I watched it. I was happy I watched it. For all those who keep saying I'm not going to watch it because it's things I already know, there might be things you don't know or quote notes that you weren't privy to prior, so I would definitely recommend it if you're a wrestling fan, if you're a WWE fan, if you're a Vincementman fan. I am happy I watched it. I will admit the only reason why I did watch it is to do this this podcast and do a recap because everybody was asking me. But I'm glad I did. And it was entertaining, and again, parts were endearing and parts were I want to punch you in the face, you know.
Speaker 2: So I love seeing the footage. I loved that backstage footage that they showed that you I'd never seen before. To me, I'm right where you are. It doesn't separate, or it doesn't change. I separate the two, you know. When I want to watch any kind of wrestling, I put on old school, I put on stuff that I like. I you know, it's still new to me, even though I might have seen it a hundred million times. I love it, and most of the time it's got Vince McMahon's signature on it. So I can't do anything about that. I can't change that. He created the world that made me interested in the wrestling business. It made me Vince McMahon's world made me interested in wrestling. Vince McMahon and his world made me discover ECW and then WCW and the nWo and everything else, and even every character I've ever seen on TV is because I started watching what he created. I can't separate that. I can't separate that, and I can like what he did and not like what he's done in his personal life, so I can separate. He's not a great person, but he's the PT Barnum of the pro wrestling world.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yeah, And I think, you know, you need to look at it with an open mind, because if you don't, it's like you're never you don't meet your heroes kind of thing.
Speaker 1: You're never gonna be able to separated, and then you can't enjoy things anymore. You know, half of Hollywood are dirt bags. Right. If I knew the legacy and the person behind every motion picture, I wouldn't want to watch it. You know, we talked about Ditty and all the stuff that's going on with him, and you know, am I not gonna listen to so and So's music because they were at a ditty party. No, I'm still gonna listen to whoever I like, but as a person, you know, sketchy, right, same with Hollywood. You know, like there's certain people in Hollywood that were on that list. Does that make them a bad actor? Hell no, But as a person, whatever they're doing, it makes me question their integrity. But it still doesn't mean that, you know, they're all of a sudden they're a shitty actor. Ah, they're still a good actor. It's just that they're a shitty person. But I learned how to separate the two a long time ago. Yeah, so I don't know. Again, just my two cents. You don't have to take my word as gold. You decide what you want to decide to do. But overall, out of five stars, i'd give this doc a solid four because I did enjoy it. I just feel like they could have included a little more, a little more with Today's case I would have liked to see, but otherwise interesting stuff.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch the whole thing, so inconclusive for me, But what I saw I enjoyed, and everything that was on there. You know, I've already heard before, so it's just a elaborate retelling.
Speaker 1: It's okay, But.
Speaker 2: Liked what I saw, A good production value. You know. And for those somebody said to me, I can't remember if it was my brother. If you read me a quote from somebody said, you gotta remember remember everybody who's watching Netflix is about two percent of the actual wrestling fans. So these are people discovering this for the first time.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Well, then they're really going to enjoy it because they don't know anything. So there you go. So there's our review. Do you agree with me? Do you disagree with me? Let me know in the comments. If you haven't followed me on iHeart, please look up eyes up here with Francine and give us a follow. It's free. If you're listening on Spotify, Apple, wherever you get your podcasts, go ahead and subscribe on there. If you're not on our YouTube channel, I don't know why you're not there, but please go over to YouTube and ACWDVA, Franci and exclamation Point and subscribe. It's also free, and if you want to be a channel member, it's only five ninety nine a month. You get exclusive videos, emojis and all kinds of cool stuff, So go over there and subscribe as well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: You have anything to plug. I have a couple of things really quickly if I.
Speaker 2: Could, Yeah, you know, just chatty and be young x Oka Instagram. I be exclusives. Wrestle Caid coming up at Thanksgiving weekend, I be exclusives. We'll present Kevin Thor in the Big Vampire. Working on some cool stuff, some cool photo ops possibly some Mordecai props coming, so working on that. I'll have more on my social media in the coming weeks.
Speaker 1: All right, November is a very busy month for the Queen. I have Rhode Island Comic Con November one, second and third. I'll be signing along with the Dudley Boys, and I think Ginger Mahaal will be with us as well. I think, so come on out if you're in the Rhode Island area, please come and see me. And then on November ninth, I will be at the Big Event in uh where's that at Long Island?
Speaker 2: Big Event Long Island, yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, Suffolk Suffolk Credit Union Arena in Brentwood, New York. For more information, you could go to the Big Event New York dot com and get your tickets there. And that's on November ninth again, I think it's from like ten to three or something. And then the Big One Wrestlcaide. This is November twenty ninth to December first. I'll be there that Friday and Saturday in Winston Salem, North Carolina, Shane Douglas and I'll be kissing babies, signing anything you bring us, and drinking cocktails. So come on out and see us then, and across the born old social media you can find me at ecw D Verfreed Scene. I hope you're staying safe. I hope you were staying healthy, and most of all, I hope you're staying extreme. Yeah. H Francine Francis Francis, Queen Extreme Extreme, ties up here, head head, The Queen Extreme.
Speaker 2: Podcast ties up here.
Speaker 1: Hey head, it's the Queen Extreme Podcast. It's the Queen of Extreme.
Speaker 2: Bruni.
Speaker 1: In the letter she is the Woman of the dreams lettond on the scene Francis