Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check with Tristal click.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another bonus episode of the heat Check. Today we break down the Atlantic and Pacific divisions of the NBA from a gambling perspective. I do a lot of betting talk with my host Ryan Horbot and PJ Glasser on my other show BETMGM tonight, so I thought I would separate these out and put them on the feed for those interested in betting on the NBA. So let's get our bet on Nick and drop that beat. So let's preview every division in the NBA and we'll talk about these two. First. I thought you would appreciate.
Speaker 3: Hearing my own and my co host Ryan.
Speaker 2: And Pj's thoughts on how these two very interesting divisions will shake out. Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: What are you guys doing when we look at the Atlantic division this year? As far as the futures market, now.
Speaker 1: I mean ridiculous division obviously, Celtics plus one twenty five Nets plus two thirty six Ers plus two to seventy five Raptors ten to one, Nick sixty six to one.
Speaker 3: We can all agree. Knicks, bye bye, throw them out the windows.
Speaker 2: Doing that. No, please, don't do that I like the Raptors too, just because of how they play. They're gonna be defensively very tough. We know what Nick Nurse wants to do. We've talked about that on this show before. He wants guys that are between six to seven and six' nine who can not only set screens and be the, roller but get screens set for them and then be the ball handler same guy to do both. ROLES i want guys to be able to bring the ball up and, transition go, up shoot a, three or get into transition and go to the, rack kick, out be able to do literally all the things that a guard can, do and all the things that a wing can, do and all the things that a big can. Do when you have seven eight guys that can literally hold the, ball handle the, ball get, out, transition, shoot, pass set, screens, roll and then end up being the ball handler for those that's a, dangerous dangerous. Team it's gonna match up in a really interesting. Way and, yes The sixers beat The, raptors but it was dicey at one point in time during that, playoffs and, Yeah embiid was, hurt but, listen they finally have a Big now they Have Christian. COLOCO i like that play at ten to. ONE i think.
Speaker 3: TOO i really Like Nick nurse yep.
Speaker 2: AND i think if og And andobi And i've been very high on him in this. Offseason if he can become a guy who averages twenty five points per game and he can shoot the mess out the ball like he can shoot fifty forty forty five percent from, THREE i bet like he's just one of those. Guys what did he go four for four from three the other? Night so if he can take a step and you can Get Gary Trent junior, out and they've got enough pieces Of Scottie barnes of, course if he can take another jump and he was really, amazing they have enough pieces that they could trade for someone as.
Speaker 3: Well, YEAH i like, them But i'm all About philadelphia this. Year this version Of harden looks pretty.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: Max he's only going to continue to get. BETTER i think as long As embiid stays in shape and, motivated he should be pissed off he didn't get THE mvp last. YEAR i, mean, right let's be, honest like it was Between embiid And jokic last. Year BUT i just think it's because There's yanni's. FATIGUE i Think giannis is THE mvp of the league every single year BECAUSE i Love, Embiid but Is embiid gonna go out there seventy plus games and give you max effort on both sides of the ball every. Night, NO i love, You.
Speaker 2: He's gonna give you max effort every single. Game but he's not very.
Speaker 3: Healthy and also Like giannis is a. Freak giannis is in better shape every single. Year LIKE i Think.
Speaker 2: Embiid Likes oreos and you, Know Shirley temples and everything, else.
Speaker 3: And he loved my. BODY i love my. Body, yeah and, MAN i Mean. YANNIS i heard people talk about maybe Some janis unders in the beginning of the. YEAR i advise against that because No Chris middleton to start the season AND i know you're gonna. Laugh and No Pat.
Speaker 2: CONTENT i Think Pat content is actually really.
Speaker 3: Big that's a big. Loss there's a reason why they keep giving this guy money to come, back and there's a reason why they didn't commit to Dot He evincenzo BECAUSE i, MEAN i really Like dante in the draft AND i thought he would have been a solid. Efit but, YEAH i do think the seventy six ers are a good play at plus two to seventy. FIVE i would love to do it with The. Nets last YEAR i picked them to win the. FINALS i just don't trust all of those guys to show up to work every single. Day and Then, BOSTON i, MEAN i just don't like the price plus one twenty. Five are they the rightful? Favorites? Yeah after last regular season and the way That Jason tatum looks right, now there's so much. Parody every team pretty much has two. SUPERSTARS i think it really does come down to, Coaching like If Mike budenholzer was a little bit better a couple of years. AGO i think The bucks beat The raptors in The Eastern conference, finals but instead that lunatic kept Rolling Nko meritch out there and shoot him out of the playoffs and then finally he gets the THE npcd Like game. Six, yeah SO i do think coaching is more. Important although, Man i'm making the case For philadelphia off. COACHING i don't know IF i could. DO i don't know if you. Can, So, YEAH i guess that the value play is The. Raptors they have the best coach and it's not even close in that.
Speaker 2: Division, YEAH i hear, you, Man, NO i Think tibbs is good for a team that is is like trying to get over the. Hump they need someone to instill level of. Discipline some veterans Have some veterans, like he's really good in the, beginning like probably the first year really and then after that guys tune him.
Speaker 3: Out so looking at the, specials you look at the futures market right now for The. Pacific right, now The pacific is one of the more interesting divisions because you have The warriors plus one seventy. FIVE i don't know if you guys know, this they're the defending. CHAMPIONS i did not have The. Clippers you Got Kawhi Leonard he's gonna play basketball this, year which is always. Good you Got Paul george their plus two. Hundred you got The, sons who for some reason nobody's talking. About Monty williams might not Like DeAndre, ayton But aton's back anyway him. Either, Yeah Chris paul's. Back Devin booker is AN mvp. Candidate, well The lakers are eight to. One we Know tris is taking.
Speaker 1: That oh, YEAH.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about doing a whole diet tribe about how The lakers are worth eight to, one but, you, guys nobody would have believed.
Speaker 3: That then you got The kings two fifty to. One there's your value, pick all? Right so what are we doing in The? Pacific real?
Speaker 1: QUICK i just want to, know Trist so what would the number have to be for you to take The lakers to win The?
Speaker 3: Pacific there would be no.
Speaker 1: Number, really at one hundred to, one you wouldn't take The.
Speaker 3: LAKERS i am so CONFIDENT i. Wouldn't that's.
Speaker 1: UNBELIEVABLE i absolutely would one hundred to. One this is a tough division, though to handicap. GUYS i, mean, well in terms of the, top, RIGHT i mean it probably is The, warriors The CLIPPERS i kind of like long, term but obviously load management's the problem with, them and Quib Paul george The. WARRIORS i, mean, yeah it's probably The warriors plus one seventy.
Speaker 3: FIVE i hate this. Division, yeah me. Too you could make a.
Speaker 2: Case you could make a case for The clippers because this they are very easily top three, deepest if not the deepest team in all of THE. Nba right if.
Speaker 3: You look at, them who is going to be.
Speaker 2: Able to sustain? Injuries not only, injuries but, also you, know just load. Management you look at the. Roster, okay you've Got Luke. Canard he's not gonna get a lot of playing, time but one injury or load management and he's right there and we know he can do. It, Yeah Norm powell is going to be coming off the.
Speaker 3: Bench he's a.
Speaker 2: Champion he was the starting two guard for The Portland. Trailblazers he's real. Deal John wall might not start and he's looking like he's back to being The John wall that we. Saw you've Got, zubac who's you, know not like the best, center but very. Serviceable Terrence man who we haven't, Mentioned Robert, Covington Marcus, Morris Brandon. BOSTON i talked To Jerry west About Brandon boston and he said he would get significant minutes on like half of the rosters around THE. Nba we just don't have room for. Him and he's a very good young. Player but say someone was to get injured all of a.
Speaker 3: Sudden he can do.
Speaker 2: Things you've Got Nick, batoomb who's one of the, best like more versatile players in the.
Speaker 3: League who can.
Speaker 2: Defend he can literally just be white on rights like you, like just literally But tom is white and you Are.
Speaker 3: Rice that's how we do the last nine. Years he's such a good.
Speaker 2: Defender so you just look at this roster and you, say, man even outside Of, kawhi even outside Of Paul george And Reggie, jackson like this team one through, Fifteen Moses brown a small coffee aka a mirror, coffee like they've got.
Speaker 3: Dudes this is WHERE i wish and, LIKE i can't wait to watch The kings this, year but this is WHERE i wish that The kings were a little deeper and like a little bit more experience and, had let's be, honest like more, talent because this would be a division where you could look at a long shop just because The, Warriors clippers' sons even all the, same and even The lakers are. Old, yeah but the three teams above that are veteran teams that really don't have to go out and win sixty five. Games those young teams Like memphis last year where nobody saw that. Coming AND i Know phoenix was still the number one, seed but, STILL i, mean Like, memphis like The bulls a couple of years ago When Derek rose And TIBs like a young team like, THAT i wish that there was a team that you could take a shot, with BUT i just, Imber, YEAH i think The kings would be a playing.
Speaker 2: TEAM i think they're like a ten cy and you're talking to a card Carrying Sacramento king fan LIKE i like The. KINGS i am in bed with The, kings, right we got fan base AND i we're in the trenches, together and they they know they're not winning The Pacific. Division they know that that's not even close to the.
Speaker 3: Kids i'm the one person in this room that actually has a Tias Edny king's. JERSEY i have a white Chocolate Jason, williams me. TOO i have A stoyakovich dosey not.
Speaker 2: Me that's all the time that we have for this betting episode Of The Heat check BET. Mgm tonight Airs monday Through, friday live seven pm till eleven Pm Eastern. Time it's also available on, demand of, course on demand on The odyssey up and in podcast form wherever you find your. PODCAST a ton of thanks to my co HOST. Pj glasser And Ryan horvaugh and my super Producer Cameron. Gray we're gonna be dropping miny, See we're gonna be dropping many episodes all the, time so keep checking the feed every. Day we're going to try to have something. Popping follow us on The Heat check as we cover THE nba, season and do not, Forget do not forget to, download, Subscribe tell your friends sharing, us carrying, people and give us a follow on social d at this Heat check And trista crik on TikTok because The Heat check never. Sleeps