Speaker 1: Yeah, I was so hoping that's what it was going to be.
Speaker 2: This is all I have at this point, is this like schmock, cha smock. That's it what happened. I was born because I wear Cheetah, and I didn't think maybe I should hold back on wearing the cheetah on the podcast so much because then I don't have anything else to wear. And I have a box of all my stuff and I've gotta find it. I've got to go through my garage.
Speaker 1: And you do all is because I want not to get duck to jump ahead to this film, but I watched it with my wife and she kept asking about the clothes and she's like, please tell me, Sabrina still has that jean jacket. She's like, that's the best jean jacket I think I've ever seen in my life. So she's hoping, I actually.
Speaker 2: We will have to get into the clothes because that is such a big thing. I at this point, we were so we were doing Cheatah stuff so much that I had like my specific stuff that I knew I liked. It was my character Like at this point, like the characters, like you know, styles of all of us were so well developed that I brought a lot of my stuff and then I never got and they were like my favorite jeans, like and you'll see, I'll I'll point them out. They were my favorite gene.
Speaker 1: The ones with all the stuff going down the side.
Speaker 2: Uh not the first set, the second, like the different later on in the movie when we're already in Spain and I let them patch it up and I was like, I don't care, I will wear them like this like later on, like these are my favorite jeans. And he would not give them.
Speaker 1: Back to oh he wanted.
Speaker 2: To pay me for them. I'm like, they I can't find them again, Like I can't.
Speaker 1: Ah, you know.
Speaker 2: So, But that that there's a lot of backstage kind or behind the scenes like fashion stuff that happened within this movie because it was so important to everyone on board as far as where the development.
Speaker 1: It was huge. Even I noticed it. And when I noticed, like the costumes or just the wardrobe, you know, it's important because I never see stuff like that. But all right, well let's hop into it. Welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your PJS, and your popcorn and go back to time when all the houses are smart. The wave Tsunamis and Sabrina was making out on camera. Oh man, we're gonna get into that. I will Fordell and.
Speaker 2: I'm Sabrina Brian.
Speaker 1: Yes, here we go, Yes, Here we Go. A sequel is always a big deal here on Magical Rewind. But today, people, today it is almost a national holiday. Yes, it's time to strut and do your own thing. We're watching two thousand and six is The Cheetah Girls Too, a follow up that not only became one of the channel's biggest movies ever, it stars our beloved co host and my friend. Are you excited?
Speaker 2: I am excited and nervous. I just went to the rest of you. But I feel like I gotta go again. I'm so nervous of how you're gonna react to this one, because again, oh no pressure. But this was one of This was an amazing night last night rewatching this because I just was going down a trip like I can't imagine. This was one of our favorite things that we had ever done. It was just amazing and it was it was just so fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, you know I can't watch it as your friend. I have to watch it as the guy watching movies for that's.
Speaker 2: All I want. I want it, I want it. I'm ready.
Speaker 1: I gotta be real as I'm watching these things. That's all I can do. Well. First of all, you've made it no secret that Cheetah Girls Too is your favorite of the series. Now, did you do you remember when you heard you were making a second one? Is it was this when you were making the first movie. Were they already talking about what you were going to do the second one? Or did this come later? How did all this work?
Speaker 2: The first movie was going to be just another one of the dcoms that we've seen one and done. That was it. Six weeks out in Toronto, two weeks here in La rehearsing, bing bang boom, got it done in that and that was it. We didn't have a premiere or anything like that. We I mean, we went to like a special event and it was like exciting to see Raven and Adrian and Keighley again when we got to when we were at the upfronts for before the movie came, and that was kind of it. So I kept in touch with them, saw them here and there. Then we were asked to do a disney Mania song. That led into us doing a Christmas album, and then that led us into doing a Christmas tour. And while we were on the Christmas tour is when we started hearing the rumblings of they want to do a Cheetah Girls too. Wow' yes. And I remember I was I was in college and I was working out a tanning saloon and on my phone Deborah Martin Chase, the producer of the movie, called was calling me and I looked at my manager and was like, I have to take this, Like this is the Cheetah Girls producer. I have to take this. And she's like okay. So I go outside and she's like, what do you think about going to Barcelona? And I was like, oh, are you serious?
Speaker 1: Like I have a show on tomorrow.
Speaker 2: She goes, they want to shoot it? And I found out they want to. They want they're trying to expand into Spain, so we're using this opportunity to take Cheater Girls this Barcelona.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I just probably, I mean, my knees went weak. I was an Orange County girl, just like doing here here and their things. I was not big that. I was not expecting this. I was excited to be a part of the channel, but this was like Holy crap, like this is becoming something.
Speaker 1: Bigger, big, Yeah, this is okay, So that's cool. So for everybody out there, you have to remember the first Cheatagirl's debut to six point five million viewers, which was a new gold standard for any decom moving forward. So it was a no brainer to everybody else anyway that it would get a sequel and become a franchise, because at this point it was like it aired, it became huge. They knew they had to do something, and boy did it become huge. With the tagline the Parties just begun, this second movie went above and beyond expectations by breaking Disney Channel's all time record for a movie with the whopping eight point one million viewers for its premiere, dethroning a little movie called High School Musical from the top spot, and becoming the most watched movie in the Cheetah Girls pantheon, which for the record, it still is today. Cheatah Girls Too was entirely shot on location in a Barcelona Yes, Toto, we are not in Utah anymore. Even the shots that were supposed to take place in New York were in fact shot in Barcelona, and it had a working title to prove. It referred to during filming as the Cheetah Girls when in Spain. Do you remember that Sabrina, that being the working title of the film.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I love that's Bretta.
Speaker 1: Barcelona. This is not Salt Lake. So, I mean, was it just every day waking up going I can't believe I'm sitting. Had you been there before?
Speaker 2: Never? No, I had not been at that point. I don't think i'd been anywhere in Europe. Okay, the farthest i'd gone was like Cabo, like I think Cabo and Toronto, like i'd been overseas at all.
Speaker 1: So your first time in Europe is why you're there starring in a major motion picture. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was wild. I mean, just like stepping off of it. It's Barcelona is just such a magical city. There's just so many influences of Goudy and I mean like the architecture like everything. You're just walking around these just huge cathedral buildings and you're just going, holy cow, like this is so different than the OC. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll say, were you all like that or were some of you like kind of jaded, like, oh, I've done this a thousand times. Were you all like, oh, man, this is the greatest thing in the world.
Speaker 2: We all were, and then it abruptly got a little oh god, this isn't happening. We went to what they thought was a brand new hotel and it was and it was a really pretty hotel, but it was under construction, okay, And we were set next to an elementary playground. So we walk in the rooms that were there. I mean, I'm not long enough, but Keeley's pretty a lot longer than me, and she could touch her toe from one side of the room to the next. And we had all this luggage because we were planning on being there for like two and a half months. This was going to be a longer shoot. Yeah, yeah, And the closet space was like this, but it was like a place in New York, like it was like a hotel room. And the worst part was the playground. And we were there for like a couple hours and the kids were out there just in shifts, right, just that recess. We're going we have to do night shoots. How are we going to sleep during the day, like, you know? And so Deborah Martin Chase, she just man, she was our warrior. She was so awesome. She came over and was like, oh no, no, no, this won't do. Why don't you guys come to our hotel? And we went to a hotel Central and oh then I just started living.
Speaker 1: Is this like a super fat hotel that everybody knows about?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but yeah, even so much. I love this hotel so much that when Jordan and I went on our honeymoon, we started in Barcelona and ended in Barcelona, and first night he surprised me with staying at hotels because I had been talking about it for so long.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: The same, it was just amazing.
Speaker 1: It's awesome right back there. Oh that's great. Well, obviously this movie had a soundtrack, duh.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: It was released a week before the movie premiere and debuted at number five on the Billboard charts. It also sold over one point four million copies to date. The album features tracks by the Cheata Girls duh, but also solo songs from Raven and as always, Drew Sealey because he legally must have one song on every Disney musical soundtrack there is, so this absolutely tracks. I think it's part of its contract. Did you get like a golden platinum record? Do you actually have one of those records like I do, Oh, that's so cool. I do.
Speaker 2: My my parents have it, they have them up in their house.
Speaker 1: That is so so cool. Uh Okay, So you know there's all these things about the Cheata Girls out there. Are they coming back? Are they together? Why there were not all four of you together in the last movie at this point in the Cheetah Girls. Were you all getting along? Was everything cool? Where you just happy to be shooting? Had any of the stuff started? Or was everybody just happy to be a Cheata girl at this point?
Speaker 2: I think, well, at this point, to remember, we've already now done a album together. So and A Raven was a solo artist, so she and she was doing imagine her schedule too with That's so Raven. So she had a ton on her play and it was always offered to the four of us, and she, you know, would decide, no, I'm gonna go ahead and do like Disney Mania, she did a solo a solo solo a song on that album. And then I think it was probably scheduling or for whatever reason, she didn't join us for the Christmas soundtrack or this Christmas album. And then when she decided that then obviously when we went on tour, she wasn't on tour with us for that album as well. So the three of us had now spent a long time together, the album making and all of that, so our bond was really tight, and I know we were all kind of a little nervous, Like Adrian had had gone on to That's so Raven and did some guest starring stuff, right, and we'd seen her here and there. But I think we were all a little nervous going it's been like we've had all this time together and we haven't had it with Raven, Like, how's that gonna be? Are we gonna have the same chemistry? But like the second we would get together and start rehearsing or for sure, by the time we were on camera, it was like the chemistry of the four of us being this great.
Speaker 1: Group, right, that's where you started.
Speaker 2: It just clicked. I mean it was all professional, It was all great and hello, we were in Barcelona, like who cares about anything? Yes, exactly, Like I mean, think about it, We're in our early twenties, Like it's like this is this is the Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 2: No one's gonna take me off of this cloud. Because we were just so excited and we were on our own. This movie, I will say, which is different from the third movie. We had a lot of freedom. If we weren't, you know, working that day or rehearsing, they'd allow us to kind of just have the day like any other place where we got to go out and do lunches and shop and and go on excursions and do things like that, like on our own and we had no limits.
Speaker 1: It was like, that's awesome for nothing like that kind of freedom totally. So when you're recording, then you're the four of you, Like, what's the recording process? Like, are the four of you recording for this movie together? Do you record everything surrounding microphones? Do you do your parts one at a time? Like how does it work? So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this movie again was we definitely had more of like fuller songs. If you listen to the first album, those are very short songs, right, these are full blown, yeah, long, you know, normal length songs with you know, two to three versus the chorus, the bridges like and so I think for this album we definitely had a lot more work to do than we did probably on the first album. The first album, the songs are so short and so that process though they do pull us in, but like we're like, so we're kind of passing by. Like so Keili and Adrian, because they lived together, they would always kind of probably be there together, and then at the end of their set is like when I would come in and start doing my parts for the song, and then as I was done, that's when they would know how much time we had. That's when Raven would come. So we definitely were We weren't because we weren't like really writing on this soundtrack. It was it wasn't really that important for us to be.
Speaker 1: There together right separately, gotcha.
Speaker 2: And you know it's a soundtrack, so the songs and everything are going within what's happening in the movie in the script. So yeah, it's a little bit different than like fast forward to what was next for us the three of us as we did our own album that we were working in day and day, night till all hours in the morning, starting at all hours, you know, constantly just there with the producers, writing and producing and doing everything.
Speaker 1: So man, that's cool. Well I'm not even gonna ask if we knew this movie existed before we started the podcast. Because we knew this movie existed, some of us more intimately than others. Of course, it would have been difficult to avoid Cheetah Girls mania at the time anyway, But as everyone out there knows, this is the first time I've ever seen it, and yes, so if you don't know, by the way, you can also watch The Cheetah Girls too this time. It's personal right now on Disney Plus or later also on Disney Plus. Basically, anytime you decide to watch it, it it'll be on Disney Plus. I even tried at four am to make sure it's still there. It might not have a family, is what I'm thinking. It's just working all night long. I actually feel bad for the movie. Now, maybe do it as solid and watch it now, don't wait till four am. That seems mean in retrospective. All right, if your mom's dating a billionaire, go spend a summer with him and bring your friends. Because it's time for the synopsis, The Dynamic Girls group returns to embark on an exciting journey to Spain and an international music festival. The adventure will test their friendship and careers as they navigate and dance through a totally new country. No surprise here, but this was directed again by the legend Kenny Ortega, a Disney Hall of famer who were hoping to get on the show, who directed the first movie Before movies, Kenny was an iconic choreographer, working with names like Madonna, Olivia Newton, John and Michael Jackson. He then transitioned behind the camera for hocus Pocus, a Disney Halloween classic, followed by Little dcom called High School musicale I think is how it's pronounced. He ran that entire franchise and now is the brains behind the massive Descendants movie at the Channel, and when all of a sudden done, he will be considered one of the goats. What was it like working with Kenny and Spain You've talked a little bit about it. Was it just incredible? Ugh, it was.
Speaker 2: Literally a dream. I mean, this guy was behind Newsy's so many of the I mean, Michael Jackson, hocus Pocus, there was so many things that I already knew that he was behind and had already known about him, the idea that he was going to be directing, and I knew he was obviously going to be behind all of our musical productions. I was just like for a dancer, right, this was the dream. And so the day that I met him, I mean tried to hold it together, keep it together. I'm here with Kenny Ortega. Luckily his assistant choreographer, Chuckie Claypout. We were on Spark Kids, the dance troupe that that dances at the Sparks Games, you know, years before. And I had known Chucky because he was a big dancer in the industry as well. I mean, luckily I knew that, so that I already had like an inn of like, oh, I know Chucky, like I've worked with him. He's great, He's awesome. And so I felt a little bit more comfortable, like I would not get get in the place where I just like didn't have any words to say right exact, my tongue won't let me go like anywhere. So it was great that I had, I had something a little bit more comfortable already. Man, even from the first table read the way he would, you know, read through it, he would he would already you could see in his eyes when he would talk about it. He had visualized it even before getting to Spain, you know what I mean. It was awesome, and I know they did trips to Spain before we ever got there as well. But he just you could see his vision. His brain was working. He had just gotten done with high school musical one, so he was like he was he was his steam.
Speaker 1: It was like full yeah, he was in it.
Speaker 2: He was in it, and it was like so magical to watch this just incredible creator, just like do his magic.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's awesome. Well. The movie stars a child acting legend, one of the premieer faces for the channel, Raven Simone, reprising her role as Galleria. She began her career as the adorable Olivia on The Cosby Show, then joined Hanging with Mister Cooper and started movies like Doctor Doolittle and a dcom We Loved xenon Girl of the twenty first Century. She'd also become the face of That So Raven, a tent pole for Disney in the two thousands. She'd later return to the character for a reboot Raven's Home and is more than just an actress now. She's hosting the view for a while, and she is currently the face of the scrabble game show. Cheetah Girls two marks her last appearance in a Cheahirls movie. And I'm very excited to see how the next movie deals with that. So I don't know how that'll happen, but we'll see Adrian by Loan is Chanelle, an original member of the girl group three l W. We saw Adrian just a few weeks ago as the radio DJ inserted into Buffalo Dreams, but she has her own solo pop career and TV appearances on that So Raven the movie Coach Carter and the Sweet Life of Zach and Cody and Our Sweet Little Little Pee, Our Sweet Pea, Sabrina Bryan returns as Derinda Sabrina. During the research, we saw that you were also uncredited in the incredible movie Matilda. Where should we be looking for you? In that movie? Pointed out, where where are you? You know what?
Speaker 2: I just saw something on Instagram on it and it's during oh what's his name? When he eats that big chocolate cake.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've never seen any of any of them. Oh okay, he I know the story though, because Ryder's strong son plays that part.
Speaker 2: You can do it and he oh he plays.
Speaker 1: Up in not in the movie, in the play.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, he's there's a giant, massive chocolate cake and we're all in the auditorium because she miss Miss Trunch or Miss trunch Bowl knows he ate it, and so he then eats the whole cake and then she smashed the plate on him. That's the main one where you can really see my face. And then anytime when we're in I was an extra. Anytime we're in the playground area, like we were basically wore the same thing over and over again, so you can see, Like I had my vans on, so I could see those and you could see the back of my head or the front of me. It was like it's like, you know, like that typical background there I am. Of course, right, was so fun. I did that when I was like in sixth grade, and it was like summer camp.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll have to recap it. Maybe we'll have to recap it.
Speaker 2: Just it's a good movie, a good movie.
Speaker 1: And then of course Pale the Show. Killy Williams is AquaNet Kille is also part of Three l W and appears in the House Bunny, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and Stomp the Yard too. Also this time it's personal and we meet Marisol played by Belinda the Mexican singer and actress was a child star in her home country, starring in the telenovela Amigos e Sempre I Think it Is what it Is or Amigos ex Sempre. She has been nominated for two Latin Grammy Awards and has sold over three million albums, singles and soundtracks, making her the third best selling Mexican female act of all time geez. She also appeared in the twenty seventeen version of Baywatch, which was the movie version Okay with the Rock and zac Efron, and she is now one of the judges of the Mexican version of The Voice. What was Belinda like? I've obviously I had never heard of this person. I don't know who they are.
Speaker 2: But cutie pie.
Speaker 1: Was she cool to work with? Oh?
Speaker 2: She was so sweet. She there was a little bit of you know, uh, language barriers you're in there, but she really loved being around us because she was really wanting to work on it. You know, at some point there might have been like she wanted to do a little bit more crossover.
Speaker 1: Did she know the Cheetah Girls?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think I ever I don't think I ever asked her that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm curious if she if she knew the Cheetah Girls.
Speaker 2: First so sweet and then weirdly enough, probably a year after this movie, I was visiting someone in Texas and she did an appearance at like a club I just happened to be at. And when I tell you, this crowd went bananas over her and I've somehow found my way backstage. I was with Selena's brother who was like hosting the table that I was sitting at, and I was like, I know her, and he's like, do you want to go see her? And I was like yes, So we went back and we got to like reunite like a year later.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: It was so awesome to watch her like in her element because I felt she did really good when she had her stage moments. Yes, And I was like, this girl's a freaking rock styf.
Speaker 1: Yeah awesome, Yeah that was it was. Yeah, I'd never heard of her, but that's got third highest selling of all time.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, I know.
Speaker 1: And Cheetah Girls two is Oh, it's ninety seven minutes long. I hate to tell you this because I know this one's important to you, but it's seven minutes past the target and you know what that means, Sabrina. This movie is too too.
Speaker 2: Long long, and I can tell you where I want to cut it.
Speaker 1: I can tell you where I want to cut it too. There's one song I did not like that was on me.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: Just one for me. We'll get into. We'll get into. But that hurt me as much as it hurts you. Trust me to say that it's too long, but it is.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: Producers Deborah Martin Chase and Whitney Houston have returned to work on the follow up, and Raven is also once again an executive producer on the film. Three writers split the credit on this one. Bethesda Brown gets her one and only screen credit here. She also has a story by credit on the twenty fourteen TV show The Divide, but that's it. She's paired with Alison Taylor, a season television writer with credits on Claristic explains at All married with children, Lizzie Maguire, Just Jordan, and the first Cheatah Girls movie. And finally we've got Deborah Gregory. She is the author behind the Cheah Girls books and she will always get a writing credit because they're her characters. Okay, don't forget to practice because we're winning this contest. Let's get in to Cheetah Girls too. The movie opens in New York. It's really Barcelona with chance of Cheetah Cheetah faintly heard in the distance. It's at Manhattan Magnet High's grad night party, and the students are waiting to catch a glimpse of their favorite pop group. This is also comprised of their classmates. The Cheetah Girls are announced in out pops Galleria Chanelle, Derinda and Ida. I'm kidding, there's no idea seeing if you're still on board with me, it's Aquineta, of course, the Aquanetta, Aquanetta, Sorry, Aquanetta, it's Aqua. Which is I know are well enough to call her Aqua at this point? Yeah. The crowd is hyped while the girls, dressed in the jungle tiger print theme perform the R and B Diddy the Party's just begun. Great song. I think even if you don't have a real ear for music, you can tell the production has been elevated for the sequel. You already talked about how the songs were longer, but did you just get a whole sense on this entire movie? Forget that you're just in Barcelona, but just with everything that, they're like, all right, they're throwing everything at us now, oh yeah, you could just tell.
Speaker 2: And honestly, it wasn't like they didn't want to do it the first round. It's like they didn't realize how big this could be.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: We're like put in their best foot forward type of things. So I think it's like everything just clicked. Yes, they all every and again. This is after a lot of the same writers and producers work on high school musical and they're going, oh my god, this is a banger, this is a bag, this is bringing in money, this is bringing in money.
Speaker 1: Yep, let me do the best.
Speaker 2: So it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Eight point one million people. It was lightning in a cheeta printed bottle is actually absolutely what it was. Eventually, near the end of the song, Galleria brings up a dozen or so audience members to dance a long closing out the track to big applause. Who were the kids in the audience? Would you just dancers from from Barcelona?
Speaker 2: They yes, yeah, we had you could tell as you see, you'll see. I mean it's like the same little group of I saw that yeah, of extras over and over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they were great.
Speaker 2: They were good, They were good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're now backstage. The girls are happy with their performance, announcing junior year is finally over. Very smart to say, they weren't senior, so you can get one more year in if they wanted to. Chanelle casually drops that she got a sixteen hundred on her SATs No Biggie. Now that it's summer, Drenda looks forward to a break, but no rest for the Cheetahs. Galeria has plans back out. In the grad party, Galeria and Chanell meet up with their moms because apparently both their chaperones control freak. Galleria reminds Chanel about their summer rehearsal schedule. But truth is, Galeria is going with her family to Martha's vineyard and Chanell's family is going to Barcelona, which is a surprise that was just ruined for Chanelle. Whoops. Chanelle storms off with Galleria close behind. We are now at Chanelle's house. Galleria can't believe she's spending her summer in Barcelona with her mom's long term foreign boyfriend. She even Betsy's gonna ask her to marry him, and she's scared that if her mom does get married, they'll have to move to Barcelona and she'll be taken away from her Cheetah Girls, her friends since they were divas in diapers.
Speaker 2: Galleria promises, oh, we got our first, we got cheatah, No, our first cheatah cheatah chatta. Oh yeah, and diapers.
Speaker 1: I am basically fluent now. I didn't even I knew it was up the entire time. It was like, I don't even need translation. I know what they're talking about. Galleria promises her if that's the case, they'll figure it out because no one can tear them apart. In the next room, their mothers, Dorothea and Juanita are talking about wedding dresses and Chanelle's mom is very stressed about getting that ring. Eventually, Chanelle's pushed into a room by Galeria, who appears to have a plan. Shenell tells her mom she's ready to go to Spain and spend some time with Luke. She knows it's important to her, so she's willing to make it work. But she has an idea, what if the Cheetah Girls come with them. It doesn't get much thought because they leave in three days and Luke can't host more people, so that is a big strikeout. The two girls move over to Galeria's house, now joined by the other two Cheetahs. They're eating Chinese food in their pajamas, depressed they won't be going to Barcelona, something they just found out was even a possibility. Sabrina. Okay, so when you watch this, do the lines come right back to you? I mean do you remember, like, could you start doing your dialogue writer as you're watching the scenes?
Speaker 2: Yes, some of them, or just like what we were doing on on like camera, like like what was happening around us type of things happen?
Speaker 1: Well, stop me if there's stuff that I'm missing that you're like, Okay, so while we're eating Chinese food, it's really this or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yes, there was a big At one point, someone gave me the hottest Chinese food, like they heated it up, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: I not spicy, you mean like burn your mouth hot?
Speaker 2: Like yes, And I was like, I am so sorry because I couldn't even hold it. And I was at first because I don't like to complain, So at first I'm like and then like Kenny's like, what's wrong, and I'm like my cock poal chicken is so hot. So someone got it down and he's like, why did you say something. I'm like, I'm the person out of nail salon that won't tell the nail artists that she did the wrong color. Like, I'll just walk out and live with it for the two weeks that I have to. I can't do that.
Speaker 1: That's like me. I'm unfortunately the same way. I'm trying to get better though.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to too, but he's just like, you know. And then this was the first. Also I put in my bris. I'll just do my sabrinacs as we go.
Speaker 1: Yes, perfect, And if there's anything we.
Speaker 2: Don't do, I love it, try to hit it. But that blanket that Keeley had that was like her comfort blanket. It was her baby sister's blanket that she brought to Barcelona because they had to be apart for so long, and so she told her baby sister, I will she told Tia, I'll bring it to Barcelona. So and then she she was like, can I bring it into the camera shot? And Kenny's like, for sure, that sounds great. So that's the all around set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that old blanket. Okay, So now that they're really moping. They see a shooting star at the window, which, for the record, is the longest shooting star in history because normally, by the time you see a shooting star, it's gone, but this one is. It takes our right under the window and watch it. This time, they make a wish and each of them is at the same time, they say Barcelona. With that, a nearby magazine flings open from a gust of wind, stopping on an ad for Barcelona Music Festival and its new Voice competition for undiscovered talent. That's it, that's the way to get to Barcelona. The Shooting Star worked quick wish for a million dollars twenty million dollars, one hundred million dollars or fifty more wishes, but unfortunately the deadline to apply was last week. Galleria thinks she can convince them to include the Cheetah Girls, so she plans on calling later because she puts together that it's four am their QuickTime zone transition. Galeria, it's very impressive. I know, I was like, wow, even where you are in Orange County, I'm not sure we're in the same time zone right now, so it's very impressive. Later that night, while the girls are sleeping, their alarm goes off, time for Galleria to call and to be a real Karen about the cut off date, so she wakes up the other three girls, mostly because she needs she now to speaks Spanish. But immediately they're shut down by the organizer and told to apply next year. Galeria, though, doesn't take no for an answer and forces the Cheetahs to start singing over the phone and magically they now just have to download the application and meet with the festival director next week to be included. They are all so excited about the prospect and promise each other they're going to do whatever they can to win and nothing will break them apart. You remember this, people, Nothing's going to break them apart? Or is it? This is a good plan now though, because now they have to tell Galeria and Chanell's mom. Okay, Galeria argues, this is just the work of the universe and you don't want to mess with the universe. All they have to do is just get there. And Galeria already talk to her dad, currently traveling in Hong Kong, and he's willing to give up his airline miles because Dozna need them as well. Dorinda says her foster mom is cool with it, and Aqua says her dad has also approved the trip, but Chanell's mom isn't sold. It's too much work traveling with four girls on her own. So what if Dorothea Gallery's mom comes to and just like that, the trip is set. Everyone's ecstatic, but Galleria's mom warns her daughter she'll be sent right back home if anything goes wrong, because this is a crucial trip for Janita. But for now, it's time to pack. The Cheetah girls with Wanita and Dorothea. As they're ad guys arrive at the airport, Derinda is already filming everything with their amazing two thousand's handycam. Oh yes, was it on? Was it ever on? Or you're just looking at a blank screen?
Speaker 2: I think I did film a little bit of it. Okay, we're in there, but.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine finding those tapes? I know, how cool would that be? Galeria warns them though they're no longer just American divas in training, they're international superstars in training. And before you know it, bam, they're in Spain, which they've been there the whole time. Just for the record, the girls are already sightseeing, planning on checking everything out one day, but first they have to shop. We get a graphic of postcards over a map of Barcelona. One says cheat delicious, the next says growlicious, which doesn't really seem that different, and then growl and snap and finally just Barcelona. Apparently this means they saw everything before lunch, because they're now in a restaurant for lunch, ready to call it a day. Then the girls this, and this is where I was like, Yes, this is the best movie I've ever seen in my life. The girls here, some beautiful guitar playing, and it's a young man with long hair walking down the steps, just strumming away.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I was like, yes, this is the.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not going god here. We're about to lose will I Lily turned to Jordan. I said, we're about to lose will.
Speaker 1: It was because it's it's so cheesy. Yes that it's awesome. I mean he just he constantly like.
Speaker 2: Even and it's his whisper.
Speaker 1: It's made the whisper the entire time, but to the point where when Raven later goes, I love him, He's everywhere. It's like they they play with the joke that he just will occasionally just here like no, no, no, and he's up in the rafter. Oh here, hell angel, and he's always at the top. I am unheldcome to like, yes, hell yeah, that's the part I wanted to play. So yeah, they're would have been crazy. I oh god, it would have been the best. So the Cheeah girls are instantly all goofy for the guy, as he says in Spanish, welcome to the whisper of dreams. Hell yes, which is also a great way to tell somebody you're gonna kill them by the way. Anyway, on Kel, which we don't know this name yet though, breaks into a song which is a love song discovering Barcelona and don't want the day to end. And when that's okay, this is when they break into song and this is where I'm like, okay, here we go. Now they're accompanied by their new honky guitar player. The song is Strut, which is a great song which starts as a ballad then speeds up into a rock track. The girls and the new dude, who again we now know it's on Hill, but they don't even know his name, now perform in the streets. Now just I know you said you weren't on the handicamel lot, but what is. Here's the thing about this movie. This was like a hybrid of Sometimes the songs were sung because you're in a concert and that's the way you're supposed to sing now, and then some times you did the high school musical thing where you just broke right and frankly, it was almost like transitioning, like like slowly getting me into a musical, you know what I mean. Like it was a good, a good gateway musical for me.
Speaker 2: Yes, because the majority of it we are on stage or we are rehearsing, like, yes, more of that, but there's a couple of the like almost like interlude songs that kind of just bring us a little throughout the storyline, or like brighten up a spot like Strutt was all about showing off the absolutely gorgeous city of Barcelona.
Speaker 1: And that's why it worked perfectly because it was like a rock it was you're dancing to show this beautiful city. And so I was like, oh, Okay, you're not in your high school. You're not walking down the aisle like yeah, in your hallway, you're going through Barcelona.
Speaker 2: I mean, we do get there. We do do you do?
Speaker 1: You do? But it works out.
Speaker 2: And this one is and especially because you do get to see so many of the big sights in this song, like Parkway. When we do the we kind of going through in and out where it's like everybody knows that something good is going on and it's that thing where we like like just lounge into it. That is something that gets done, like talk about like those memes and those talks and yes, and when people are there in park Way, they love filming because it's easy to find, it's not hard, it's it's right there, all all of that stuff, and they do their they'll redo it. And I did it actually on my honeymoon. I did do the same thing, react it and I never posted it because that's what I do. I film things and never should.
Speaker 1: Do you still have it? I do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, We've got to post it. It's so cool because what I love about it is when people go and visit this place, there's a huge part of like them remembering and first of all, even wanting to go to this place because of the movie. And then when they're there, we offer a musical that they could go ahead and just re do.
Speaker 1: But it's also I mean, think of the fans of this movie. You know, you're a twelve thirteen year old girl. Most of the time, most kids that age aren't traveling the world yet. So by the time you're then in your twenties or whatever, in your thirties, and now you're going and oh my god, this is from the Cheeah Girls. Is the first time I saw it. Of course you're going to reenact it. That's the best.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so cool again. I mean, I there's things about Strut. I love it. If you notice in the airport leading into going to Barcelona, I had these giant, chunky platform shoes on. I did not have huge wedges. And then by the time they're like so when we started, like that was like the intro to get to Spain and then they're like, oh yeah, they did like a rewrite of some sort to where we were going straight into Strut that I was like, can I get some tennis shoes because we're going to be filming this for like thirteen days, like in and out, and I'm not wearing these platforms skin being and dancing and jumping on the bencher, yeah, jumping off the benches, Like can I get tet of shoes and they're like yeah, And then they asked Raven. They're like, do you want to switch? And Raymons like no, I want to do my heels, and she did. She wore those freaking boots the whole time, and I was like, props, props, props. I mean she she did at some point start going my feet are dying. Of course, my god, who cares. She thugged it through. That was so hard. I couldn't imagine having to wear those crazy boots for so many days. And she killed it. She killed it, didn't it didn't stop her performance.
Speaker 1: That's all a bit well. The song Struck brags about the ability to walk through Barcelona while freeing your mind and bothering street performers. There's a very cool routine here where you all dance in front of what looks like a temple and we just see this beautiful city all the way. Yeah, it's incredible. The Cheeah girls are still flanked by this total guitar playing stranger. Then he reveals his name, un Hill, I am on hell Angel, which is why he always shows up the hearing it in air. I love it, which, by the way, for our producers listening every time. I say the name angel or on hill. I'd like it to be followed by a Spanish guitar rift. Please thank you. Later, the Cheetah girls, now being driven in a rolls Royce, arrived to Luke's estate, Ville Soule, which is the size of a small city and filled with employees. My god, what a stunning place. They get a tour of the nineteenth century house and are informed of their bedrooms. I mean, talk about hitting the jackpot or I guess one, Needa did. It's and I'm gonna say this and I'm gonna meet it. I mean this all the way around. It's cheet delicious. It really is no wonder When he's is stressing about the ring, I'd marry this guy too. And then Luke arrives. The girls thank the swab Man for housing them. He seems great, even though Shanelle is still cold to him and incorrectly finds him controlling, which is not at all. The girls unpack and get some rests. Tomorrow they're gonna meet with the festival director. The next morning. Everyone's eating breakfast on the enormous grounds, waited on by numerous maids. Luke says he's asked one of his friends, the Count of Tobar, to assist them. I'm bo and I went, oh, there's gonna be a cute boy showing up. I can tell. So they're gonna meet him later on, and with that, the girls are off to the festival headquarters. The girls arrived to a stunning theater. It looks like the Phantom of the Opera would haunt it. I mean, just incredible. They're startled by a very Spanish man who asks them what they've prepared for their audition. Galleria lets them know that they actually brought a CD, but demands they perform live now. I love that. They're like, oh, now, okay, all right, but okay, well I guess that means now let's go. The girls scurry to the cavern of stage and they sing about Sisters a cappella, and once they finish, the director quickly sends them out. That'll be all for today, though it felt weird, and assistant quickly walks in and lets them know they've made it. They'll be performing in the New Voices competition. Congratulations, we're not back At Luke's Castle. The Cheetahs are relaxing, but Galleria is trying to get the girls to take a look at the practice schedule. Uh, there's no rest. Now it's the time when the cute boys arriving. Luke's friends slash summer intern Joaquin arrives. He's not even it's not even a moped. It's a really really cool scooter, like those Italian scooters of Vespa. He's talking about the Dancing Cat, a teen club that possibly New Voices competition performers will be performing at. It's like the club they all go to. But tomorrow night is open mic night, and he wants to sign them up. But Joaquin seems most interested in Derinda Oh, immediately kissing her hands. Sabrina, what's the deal? Good chemistry with this actor? What? How did how did it feel to be with this guy? They really paired you up, walk us through. It turned ten shades of red as you tell me about.
Speaker 2: This guy, because I just know you're gonna I.
Speaker 1: Have a question from my wife that I'm gonna ask later, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: D Yeah. So we got to meet, you know, already, because we had rehearsed together, because we had our you know, our dances that we were going to be doing together. He's in a couple of them, so we'd already met he actually, I mean right away him and I did click because we instantly started getting into dance, like convos, because he is an actual dancer.
Speaker 1: He was in sure you could tell.
Speaker 2: A contemporary dance program. And that's when he told me that they were actually going to be having a performance during the time we were gonna be their shooting. So are like most of us all went to go to his performance and and see him do his thing, which was very contemporary and not what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: At all, like modern dance.
Speaker 2: Kind of yes, like they it was really artistic and super cool, but like the guys were in like these team tiny like little nude shorts, and that was it and.
Speaker 1: We were like wow.
Speaker 2: What And then the girls were in like these like just barely could see they're like nude, like they were supposed to be completely nude, but they weren't nude nude, so we just like hit it off right away. We instantly both got into talking about dance. He had places that like he recommended. He didn't live in Barcelona, he wasn't from there. He was from somewhere else, so he was like, oh, when I first got here, here's some places you guys should check out cool. He spoke like three different languages, and he would it was so fun going out with him because so many people, like Barcelona's kind of like a It's like New York. It's like a melting pot of like all different people, a lot of different cultures and stuff. So he would go from like speaking French to German.
Speaker 1: To yeah, most Europeans can do that, it's crazy, and.
Speaker 2: To Spanish and like just anyone that was around and me could talk and I was like, I don't understand any of them.
Speaker 1: Yep, so were Americans. We can only have one language and ahead at.
Speaker 2: The time where we get so crazy. It's so crazy to know. He said he started speaking other languages when he was like three or four. Yeah, Like I was like, yeah, I don't even think he spoke real English when I was three year exactly.
Speaker 1: Luke arrives and confirms this young stud is a count and is his dancing godson. As a result, Joaquin gives Dough his studio addressed. The possible couple are going to hang out and do a little dancing later at Galeria Aqua and Galeria's mom or doing a little shopping when they spot some incredible dresses. While admiring the designer, they're interrupted by a man who knows Dorothea. His name is Randolph Hunter and they apparently go way back. He owns the boutique with the famous designer Aramet. Question from a guy who knows nothing, is this completely and totally made up? Or is Aramet a real designer in person? Like this was somebody I was supposed to know?
Speaker 2: No, I think it's it's fake.
Speaker 1: Okay, Guys again, I was like, oh, is this am I supposed to know who this is? Because I don't know anything about design I didn't.
Speaker 2: Know if this was supposed to be somebody Dorothia. Dorothea's like whole backstory, is that right? She was the designer group, but then she was she was a designer and all that.
Speaker 1: I just didn't know if they brought in somebody famous and I just didn't know who it was. Okay, So the Aramet is made up? Gotcha?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And he invites them in to see her. After a big reunion with Dorothea, Aqua wants to spend time with one of her favorite clothing designers, but Galeria is still very frustrated about the rehearsals because they just aren't happening. And this is when I started going, thank you, Galeria, you're there for a reason. Is nobody else rehearsing? And I was starting to laggravated.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, I would have been to exactly, that's you. You would have been like, let's rehearse.
Speaker 2: Please for vacation, thank you a business, thank you.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Derinda has arrived at the Que Boys dancing studio, where he seductively grinds with a large group. Derinda is invited to join them, borrowing clothes and shoes from some random lady who is three feet taller than you but apparently you fit into her shoes anyway, and jumping in to do some tango, salsa and ballroom. Right, did I get those rights? Yes?
Speaker 2: So my Tay, which they actually I didn't realize last night. I was like, oh my gosh, they used her real name. So my te who helps us was actually our on site Spanish dancing assistant to help with language barrier situations like translation. She also she is an incredible like salsa Latin dancer who is like best friends with Shakira, so like she was like really cool to have on set. And then they asked her to go ahead and be in some of the scenes. Oh that was like, so we already knew her for a long time because she was within all the rehearsals.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, that's really really cool and I'm glad that I got it. So I also to say I never watched Dance with the Stars. I've never seen a single single episode, so I've never seen you dance other than the cheetah girl stuff on stage, and to watch you dance dance is phenomenal. You kill it.
Speaker 2: This actually is really not the great I kind of cringe at my youth. Don't like this really the way it's okay, it's hard. This is like one of my most proud scenes that I've ever done. It was so stunny. This is why I was fucking excited to work with Kenny Ortega. And I knew, especially when I saw in the script I had like a specific dance scene and it was a partner dance scene, I knew he was going to kill it. But when I look at like then, because I hadn't done Dancing with the Stars at this point yet. So then when I went and did Dancing with This Stars, and I learned more about the actual technique because they didn't really they taught me the moves, but they didn't teach the technique. We had like a full blown, real amazing like Latin and ballroom choreographer come in to do to help out with this, but he didn't teach me because they wanted me to not look like, oh I just picked Yeah, I wasn't supposed to look.
Speaker 1: Had you done this kind of dancing at all before? No? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, I mean I did like a tap duet, like I hadn't even done partner work. I did a tap duet with a boy when I was when I was growing up, and we did a few lifts, but like lists were very uncomfortable for me, Like this was not.
Speaker 1: Like a god you hit that so well because it looked great. It really looked great.
Speaker 2: It shot so gorgeous. The whole choreography is really good, and.
Speaker 1: You look like you're getting along and you have almost that dirty dancing moment where you're kind of like you break and smile and you do all that. It was. It was a great scene.
Speaker 2: He told my manager Melissa. I was like, I'm gonna get a dirty dude.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: Because Kenny did. Kenny did dirty Dan scene, I know. So it was like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, no, this is so amazing.
Speaker 2: It was a scene favorite days.
Speaker 1: On How long did it take? It only took one day?
Speaker 2: No, I think we probably did two days because we had a couple, like we did everything within two days in that one location. Gotchaight, So but it was like amazing and just it was just you could just tell how gorgeous it was going to be the life. Oh yeah, yeah, are you kid? This was like what I was the most scared of is like getting something like this with as as excited as I was, I was scared I was going to screw.
Speaker 1: This up for Kenny or h Well, I'm sorry. I know very little about it, but you looked like you killed. It looked amazing.
Speaker 2: I think it was so fun. It was fun, and I thought the chemistry was like a real vibe. But it was great. We were both like excited and like, you know, he wasn't necessarily like a Latin dancer either, right, he was not a contemporary dancer. So we were both learning and both of us were looking at it like we're doing it like this is good, this is awesome, you know.
Speaker 1: And again not bashing your Cheetah Girl sisters at all, but knowing very little about dance, it's pretty easy to see that you're the best dancer of the four. Well, I mean, but you can I mean, it's just you just can tell that you're a dancer.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I've had so much training.
Speaker 1: Right, That's what I mean. But you can really tell that that you're the best dancer of the four. Again, no offense to the other three. So this dance finishes, and even though Drenda seems entranced by his moves, she realizes she's late. She's got to go. He invites her to be his date for a beach party tomorrow. She says she can't, she has rehearsal mm hmm, So now she cares about rehearsal, but eventually says maybe and leaves. But tonight he'll see her at the Dancing Cat. He is very smitten by this American. We cut to that night outside the Dancing Cat, where tons of people have lined up to get in and celebrities are rushed inside. Galeria tells the door guy that they're the Cheetah Girls, and they're led right in and brought to Joaquin and some other bros. Galeria remarks, the club is off the chain, which of course it is. I know nothing of this chain. I can tell that this club is off of it. Before they can even get comfortable, though, a singer, Marisol, Barcelona's best chance to win the New Voices competition, takes the stage. She sings why Wait, a bilingual track about season the day the club goers love her. She eventually stage dives, and the Cheetah Girls know their growl pals in some stiff competition. Joaquin offers them some stage time, but the intimidated girl say they'll try another night. The next act takes the stage and it's that long haired, rised up Angelle from that lunch. He says he's gonna slow things down with an old acoustic lullaby and it's called a la Nanita Nana. I hope I got that right, Nana A la nita nana okay. Chanelle immediately recognizes the song. Her grandmother used to sing it to her, so she decides to just sing along as he plays, and is eventually joined by Marisol. Then the rest of the Cheetah Girls give each other a little head nod and join in with the harmonies. You know, like we all do, and we're just hanging out at clubs or whatever. The song ends, and everyone loves what they've heard, especially Marisol and Lola Duran, who's Marisol's mamager. They've heard all about the Cheetah Girls and want to know if they've traveled to Spain alone. Gallerya explains they came with her mom, who was also a mamager. Lola can't wait to meet her and they exchange phone numbers with Chanelle to eventually set up another get together. Right away. I didn't trust this lady, oh right away. I didn't trust this lady.
Speaker 2: Also, that's the song I woant to cut.
Speaker 1: It was really so long. Although it looks really.
Speaker 2: Pretty, well, that's only one of two this this song. It was it was a very long song, and I get it. It's the way that we introduced the sure starting to join Force's type situation with Marisol and Chanel. But it just was like so long and it's not just pretty though it was pretty to me. I'm like, oh man, you know, here we go, here we go, and you get the then we start getting into the things Kiley and Kiley. This is a time where Kiehi always goes. Remember when you got caught on I have like a couple times caught on camera where I'm giving Keey, like actual real eye rolls from Sabrina are you and I go, we get it, we get it, Aqua, And then I like give her like the most ds. I have these ridiculous eye rolls that I do, and I like She's like, oh man, you let me.
Speaker 1: Have it on this Oh yeah, oh I've got okay.
Speaker 2: Really irritated her at her in real life. I'm not saying that I'm not. It's it's an eye roll that when I am irritated, I will do and it's so funny.
Speaker 1: Oh it's the best. Oh, I love that. Yes, they on the way out, Lola get again. Didn't trust this woman. But on the way Lola gives them a little advice. It's difficult to win the competition on your first try. It's actually Marisol's third attempt. Lola suggests they need to meet all the right people. They need to go to the right parties and sing the right songs to make a splash in Spain, which she can help with. The Next day, while Lola and Marisol out for a walk, Marisol's mom suggests that Lola stay with Chanel, so they can grow closer and Chanell can help her learn some English, and Marisol can return the favor by teaching Chanelle her contest song and choreography. So Marisol wonders if her mom is trying to breakup the Chetah Girls, and she says no, But when Marisol sang with Chanelle at the Dancing Cat, she got an idea. Marisol knows where this is going and she doesn't like it. She wants to win on her own, but Lola says she's already lost twice Yike's mom. They need something new and this can be the thing that puts her over the edge. Ooh vibes yes, and so the plan begins. The Cheetah girls, now with Dorothea, are on their way to meet Marisol and her mom for the beach party. Dorothea thinks it's a little weird that this woman wants to help, so did I, so she suggests they keep an eye on her, but the girls aren't worried about it, and they meet on what appears to be the top of a mountain, which was amazing. Lola kindly welcomes the girl and introduces herself to Dorothea. So now the crew will make their way to the beach party, where they already see Joaquin, who has some tapis. Durinda seems very happy about seeing her new love interest, but Galeria is freaking out that they aren't practicing for the contest at all. Thank you, Galeria. Everybody's out there. Galeria ain't gallivant, and well everybody else is. Maybe let's get some practice in for this thing we flew here for. But before they can even talk about it, Marisol pull Chanel away to meet her local friends. Yikes. Okay, let's talk about the beach party for a second, if we can. A choreographer obviously choreographs. I completely understand that. Yes, for the big long shot where you see the two kind of stories of the beach party, Uh huh, there's like the bottom row and the top row and it's all by the ocean. It's gorgeous. Is every one of those dances choreographed or do they just go dance like all right, everybody just dance for the background and go from there. Or is he going no, I want the top to look like this, I want the bottom to look like this.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think probably like the way he's doing it is I don't think it's necessarily choreographed unless he has to go in and say, no, I need you guys to like I need you to twirl her here, and like he's kind of placing it. But for the most part, like that wasn't like a choreographed set. Okay, he did have what's great as him and Chucky and then also my take came in and they were they would split up and kind of help the people that were on camera of what they need to do and just what they're looking for. But it wasn't like they didn't have like rehearsals for sech.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I was wondering. Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: But they definitely they were a great team where they would like kind of just like split up, like Kenny would say, like I want this group to kind of do this stuff, you know and whirling yeah, and he like he loves to have it expanded so you see it kind of on a broad gape and stuff. One part about this was this was in Seeches is where we filmed this, and there was a nude beach like just over the like balcony.
Speaker 1: Yeah heck yeah, welcome to Spain. But it wasn't like.
Speaker 2: A nude beach with a bunch of sexy people. It was like old men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen nude beaches in Europe. They're not what you think they are most of the time.
Speaker 2: They're not the sexy one that you think that you would ever want to see. Like you kind of went there's a nude beach and you're like what you went over there and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, yes, it's not Love Island nude beach. It's oh old man nude beach. Yeah, yes it is, Yes it is.
Speaker 2: But that was really fun to.
Speaker 1: Hit a certain age to be that comfortable naked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were shooting shooting like that. A Disney channel was movies shooting nude beach.
Speaker 1: Later on, Derinda is hanging out and flirting with Joaquin. They're talking about dancing and his family's expectations that will go to Oxford. Derinda admits her home life is also complicated. I like how the two characters kept saying complicated, but keeps the whole orphan thing a secret. For now. We're back at Luke's resort, which is the only thing it could be called. Dorothya is telling Juanita something isn't right with this. Lola and Janita is still just focusing on Luke's possible proposal. Spain sure is confusing all the way around. And in another room, the Cheetah girls are finally practicing. Galeria is at the piano, but the others just want to nap after the party. Chanelle is already bringing up advice. Lola told her to sing a little something something in Spanish, but Galleria doesn't get it. They don't speak Spanish. Before any argument can occur, they're saved by the bell because Direnda gets a call from Joaquin to teach a hip hop class. Chanell needs to get ready for Luke's family, who are coming over for lunch, and Aqua is going back with Dorothea to Aramet's studio. Yikes, nobody's practicing here. The band practice ended less than thirty minutes since it began, and now they're only six days left before the competition. Galleria, who' found herself alone, knows there's no way they can even learn a Spanish song in time. Obviously, let's rehearse a little bit here, people, And soon after, Luke's rambunctious and casual family arrives at the compound, greeted by a very fancily dressed Chanelle and her mom, while Derinda is smack dab in the middle of teaching a hardcore dance class like hip hop and and everything. It was so cool, I'm going to sign up for one myself. Aqua's getting a design lesson for the Cheeah Girls outfits, and Galeria is told to piano practicing by herself writing music like a mad woman, and they did make her look like she a little bit of a mad woman as she was writing that music. The girls all finally meet back at Luke's, filling each other in on their big days, but Chanell is nowhere to be found. Galleria wants to play her her new song Idea, but they are all focused on breakfast instead, and Dorinda wants to go to lunch with Joaquin, spending an awful lot of time with this Joaquin chap I know. Galeria knows they won't have a chance at winning this thing if they never practice, obviously, but no one seems to care as much as she does. Now again alone, Galeria phils deserted. But here's some laughing outside. It's Chanelle writing a Spanish song with Marisol. What a two timer, Chanelle says, they're just fooling around. Uh huh, but we know better than that. Galleria doesn't get it. The Cheetah girls need to rehearse. She doesn't have to rehearse with Marisol, but Marisol says she didn't just stop by, she was invited to come over.
Speaker 3: Ooh.
Speaker 1: Also, Chanell doesn't like being told with the dow. This turns into a fight. Galeria is accused of being too controlling and Chanell is supposedly turning her back on the Cheetahs. Things aren't looking good. Did they not see the beginning of the movie, Nothing's Gonna split us apart? So about half the songs are about it's being friends for every So what the hell is happening? You're throwing me here? And I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Gallery is being bossy, and that's the same thing that happened in the first movie. It was like, he hasn't learned your lesson. None of us like being bossed around.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, maybe we should rehearse for this international competition. Is now being bossy. Yikes. I believed it in the first one. I don't believe it in the second one.
Speaker 2: No, this is such a teenager thing, Like, yes, I want to. I want to compete, but I don't really want to practice right.
Speaker 1: And there's a cute boy, and there's this, and there's that. There's other things to distract me.
Speaker 2: I get, well, Spain's got a lot to offer.
Speaker 1: It's not even Spain. I see shiny keys, and I'm still distracted. Derinda returns to the dance studio and it's surprised when Joaquin arrives with a group of high class coworkers, including a girl, all in suits. He awkwardly sends him off, and Derinda is worded out, why did he make his friends leave without even introducing this to her? She's offended. She's afraid they're just from different worlds. And I thought Derinda jumped to this conclusion a little fast.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, why don't you take a step back, girlfriend, chill out for a second.
Speaker 1: She saw she saw a three piece suit and was like, we're from different worlds.
Speaker 2: Like, wait a.
Speaker 1: Second, you could have found that suit on the street, Like my god, you got instantly offended. Yeah, different world.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was hilarious to watch so fast.
Speaker 1: It's like, wow, no red flag, there though no red flag there at all. Yikes, waving it.
Speaker 2: Waving it I know. God.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, she thinks he's royalty basically, and she reveels she's a foster kid. During the dances for her future, he dances as a hobby. Oh in the dance world, that's a that's a big cut. Joaquin wants to talk this out like a human, but it's just too complicated for Derenda. This is a big us. This is a big in ted scene. Do you remember filming this and ever thinking maybe I should back off a little. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: They wanted it intense. They wanted it like you know, she's hurt. She put herself out there a tie.
Speaker 1: They never getting together.
Speaker 2: I know he wore tie. It's over.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was wow. Yikes. Yeah. Dorothea is still sketching out clothing ideas, a passion from her past that Spain has reignited. She says that Aram and Randolph loved her design so much they want to make a sample of one of her pieces for their spring collection. Galleria has some news too. She's going home. Sheanelle has abandoned her for Marisol, and she doesn't want to lose her as a friend. Now, Okay, this could so easily have been written I'm going home I'm a little bratty. I don't want to blah blah blah. But they didn't. They really did write it in such a way where she's like, I'm gonna lose her as a friend if I push. Yeah, I'm fine with that. We're not gonna win. Nobody's practicing, so no chance of winning.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares at this.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares. I'm the only one that does, and I am not going to lose my friend over this, so it's best if I leave. It was really written in a way where I was like, Wow, I like how they did that. They did make her very mature, yes, and it was.
Speaker 2: A good huge That was one of the things that I loved that Kenny really dove into was developing the character and the maturity level of where it should have been like. He did it in different ways, like Aqua using hers was like the evolution of her designing and her designing love for designing. He did a lot of me where I was like tomboy in the first one, and he wanted me to look a lot like more of like you know, like feminine that I had grown into, like my body and I'd grown into like my love of dance, and like more of having a softer side because I had these great friends around me that I could I didn't need to be so crazy. Although this lasting didn't show my growth, A.
Speaker 1: Little bit of growth, but yikes, Yeah, I'm texting my boys going, I got a red flag in front of me. Boys, I got a red flag in front of me.
Speaker 2: So very sick. But that was what he was wanting to do. And a big thing for Galeria's character was her growth of learning when to step back and allow people to take their own journeys. And I loved this and I thought, raz she killed it was incredible. She is.
Speaker 1: You're all good as actors in this movie. You're all good as actors in this movie. But she's phenomenal. It's like she's like watching It's like watching Shia, you know, you watch somebody who's just kind of working at a different level than you know. When I worked with kids like that, I was like, I'm just not on that level. There's just some kids that are, and it's a handful in every generation, and she's one of them. She really is one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean the scenes, I love the scene when and she's not afraid to go there either. I love this scene when she was trying to talk the moms into us all going and like her facials and she's like dotor.
Speaker 1: Her facial expressions are so funny where she catches you guys kissing and all. It's yes, she.
Speaker 2: Goes from being like like a Lucille ball to like this like in depth care. I mean, she's just phenomenal.
Speaker 1: No, she really is very very again all great acting is very strong in this movie. But she's she's a star. She really is. She's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, Galeria says she doesn't think they can win the competition because they haven't practiced or rehearsed. Dorothea says she'll leave tomorrow then, but Galeria doesn't want her mom to ditch her big big two. So she's going to take a train to Paris to meet her dad and during the layoverarth they'll fly home together. She seems at peace about it, and her mom is impressed with their maturity and rightfully so. And so that night, Dorothea and Juanita break the news to the Cheetah girls. Chanel wants to talk to Galeria, but she's apparently sleeping. Derinda and Akwer realized they've been distracted the whole trip, but Chanelle gets defensive about it. They decide to give Galeria some space, but you know what that means. It's time for a song. We see Galeria packing her things, not sleeping, when she breaks into It's over, a song about how the trip is well is over. Chanelle jumps in and while they're moping and half dancing, were on the ground, same with Aqua and Derinda Sabrina. This is the one I would have cut. Uh, it's it's it's this one's pretty cheesy. This first of all, how many wind machines are actually on you as you're trying to sit down.
Speaker 2: And that's not even all of the shots. They didn't use all the shots that we had. And that wind machine went with me everywhere, everywhere.
Speaker 1: And this, this.
Speaker 2: Is the this is okay. Two things to say about this. I remember filming this, and I remember not enjoying it. I felt that it felt too.
Speaker 1: Over the top top.
Speaker 2: I was there as you know, Raven was shooting her scenes. I watched Adrian, I watched Keeley. I thought actually looked the most normal out of all of us.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not a high bar and I just remember.
Speaker 2: I just remember thinking like this, this isn't it because this is the thing. This is the thing with a musical, it's not like a music video type idea, right, Like it's a musical, so it's different. And it just for me felt so unnatural. It was just it was so dramatic and just like I remember not thinking I was gonna at least at least me was not gonna look great doing this. I was uncomfortable. And then it took me back when we were this is the scene. I remember thinking when we looked at Vanessa Hudgens in her yes always scene, and I felt like I recognized that that that body language of like you don't really feel comfortable doing this. And I'm not saying she did it, and I'm not saying she didn't do a great job, but I'm just saying like that, like the movements and the throwing the hair, and it's like we're like, this is just I don't know. It was.
Speaker 1: It also wasn't my favorite song. And I really liked the US in this movie. I really did, like I genuinely I looked at you at one point, I'm like, these are the songs are good?
Speaker 2: This is when though, like I was like taking my blanket master Jordan and Monroe and going, I can't believe my magical Rewind family is going to watch this for all of them again the first.
Speaker 1: Time, the first time. And I'll bet you our Magical Rewind producers knew every line, every word, every dance, everything.
Speaker 2: It just only and it might not be as bad as I think it is because I again, I was in my own head when we filmed it. So then, of course it's a little cheesy back there.
Speaker 1: It's a little cheesy. It's also as weird as they break the fourth wall. I mean, at one point, Raven's looking right into the camera and I'm going, yeah, why looking right into the lens.
Speaker 2: It just was, it was, this is the.
Speaker 1: One I would have cut. Is it the worst thing I've ever seen in my life? Of course not, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's a yes exactly, but it just wasn't. I just it just didn't need to be that.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree, and you know why because the rest of the songs, the rest of the dances, and the rest of the movies were specific The rest of the movie was specifically not this, yes, And that's why I think it was so jarring. If most of the movie was like this, it would have just been another one of those things. But this seemed like it was almost from a different movie, you know, So this is the one I would have cut.
Speaker 2: That I will say, is something that like the kids like, oh, they must love it. They do, like the fans love this.
Speaker 1: This is Zachron on the golf course.
Speaker 2: Is course, And that's what I'm saying, Like, it's one of those things for me that I look back and go not my proudest moment, but.
Speaker 1: It's again you you guys were fine. You were doing what you were doing. I just this would another one that I would have cut. But anyway, it's that thing. They're still in it. I'm still in it. I'm still here. The next morning, leave.
Speaker 2: It on the cutting room.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't more wind? Yes, I was waiting for like leaves to be blown in ad in the face, like more wind. Yeah. The next morning, Sheel wakes up and goes right to Galeria's room to talk, but she's already gone. She left the sheet music for her new song in the bed, and right then Marisol calls for Chanel, which why would Marisol be calling that room anyway? Yes, yes again, but she says she'll call.
Speaker 2: Her back the notice. Then I'm just gonna say this because it's not that big of a deal, but how did Galeria or whoever get that giant poster of the festival which is.
Speaker 1: That's on kill? Is it not? Isn't that angel on the poster? That's what I thought? Okay, So yes, gallery is gone. We're now at the trade station, which is another massively gorgeous building. Galeria wheels her bag and to find her platform when she hears singing it's the Cheetah girls still in their pajamas singing the song she wrote. And I think the more important question is how did you invent a machine to get you there so quickly? And why haven't you patented that? Because she obviously left first thing in the morning to get to the train station, and you beat her there.
Speaker 2: Essentially, I'm assuming she was like waiting in the lobby her train was about to come.
Speaker 1: No, they show her walk in.
Speaker 2: Into the train station. Yes, well, though she was in like a lobby of some sort. She walked to where the trains were.
Speaker 1: Oh so you imagine she had been sitting there for a while. And then they they yeah, well, because they train station and then all of a sudden, you guys are there, like you magic snaw.
Speaker 2: Maybe she would have had a shot of her like like where we were actually sitting while everything was being fair there I go something like that lobby because it was that was that was that was pretty pretty fast.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it's the Cheeah girls. They're still in their pajama singing the song she wrote. This scene is truly amazing. They love what she wrote and it's four part harmony, so they need her. She now asked her forgiveness in her pink poodle slippers, and Gallery accepts. The Cheetah girls hug and now it's time to rehearse. Finally, they race back to Luke's and get to the piano. Mid rehearsal, Lola calls to apologize bout Galeria, not knowing the newest series of events, but learns quickly the Cheetahs are back and ready to be fierce. Lola, quick on her toes, pretends to be happy about this and books them for Wednesday at the Dancing Cat for a warm up gig. And I knew exactly where this was going to be going. I was like, oh, I don't trust her. Still don't trust her. We're now back at Luke's. Wanita is still complaining to Dorothea about not being engaged. His family was wonderful to her in Chanelle and the relationship is great. While she's having a bit of a little panic attack. Wanted to worries that her daughter is the reason he hasn't popped the question and Chanell overhears from the other room. Womp, womp. So Chanelle races to Luke's room and apologizes. She says she's been acting like a spoiled brat and is just nervous to her mom get hurt again. He says he loves her mom and would never hurt her. Chanelle thanks him for his generosity. She'd be very proud to be part of his family. Luke kisses her hand in response. It's a very sweet scene. Next thing we know, and here's what gets a little weird. All of the weight staff and the Cheetah crew have gathered at the front door to watch. Luke asked one needed to marry him. So it really was Chanelle's fault?
Speaker 2: I mean, I I think no. I think he just at some point wasn't sure when he was gonna do it. Within the trip and then her coming and giving her like blessing. Yeah, it seemed like the timings wearing.
Speaker 1: This was this quick writing thing where it was like they really made it look like, oh my god, it was her fault. Yeah, that that he hadn't proposed and until she went and apologized, then he went and proposed. It was a weird like because he was like, it has nothing to do with you, but then I'm going to go propose. So yeah, it made it seem a little bit like fault.
Speaker 2: I mean I took it, especially when you see it again like world's worst proposal. Zero zero thought of that and like, geez, come on, looke. With all that money, homie, there's no like blimp or sky in, like sky riding or like doves being thrown.
Speaker 1: Do you think with all that money, you think with all that money, a single woman in the world would have been like, I didn't like your proposal. I'm gonna say no it could They could have been in a dumpster and they would be like, I love you, Luke.
Speaker 2: Not with the rock he pulled out. Holy cow, that thing was giant. But the proposal in general was just like she just happens to be sitting.
Speaker 1: There, That's what I mean, which is a weird place to sit and read a book. That's the other thing, Like, what are you doing.
Speaker 2: When before we've seen that shot many times with the table and chairs.
Speaker 1: Yes, there was a table there like a like a little while ago.
Speaker 2: Why aren't you sitting over next door where we've seen gallery and her mom in a lounge area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it didn't make any sense, but she does have a huge rock and they push in on it. You could barely see where the Titanic hit it. Yeah, so yes, then that was it. They're engaged when he says yes, and we get a big celebration in the front yard. We're now back at the dance studio. Dorinda has come to see Joaquin. Oh that's never weird when you do that and you're giant red flag, then you come back. She hasn't been returning his calls for days. She thanks him for letting her use his dance studio, but he admits Luke is the one who owns it. Joaquin just gets to use it if he teaches here. He's actually poor, which he would have told her had she not run out and not said all the I don't want to be with you, and then that was it. He didn't introduce her to his rich friends because he couldn't afford to go where they were eating. He his account, but he's also broke his family lost her money years ago. And then the Cheetah girls arrived for dance practice, sort of ruining the moment. Drinda apologizes and Woaquin reveals he'll be in New York in the fall for the dance competition and he wants to Renda to be his partner. And then oh and then people they kiss. Woooo Sabrina walk us through the kiss. Did you talk about it before? Was there gonna be tongue? Was there gonna be no tongue? Who discussed it? What happened? Is this your first on screen kiss? So many questions?
Speaker 2: This is my first on screen kiss. Okay, we didn't talk about it. It was his first on screen kiss as well, so we didn't know to talk about it. And but we also, I mean, for me, it's like, hello, we're on the channel. We're not doing tongue, that's like.
Speaker 1: And so there was no tongue, no, okay, just.
Speaker 2: Like a big, like you know, open mouth smooch. It wasn't like a clothes, like you know, it.
Speaker 1: Was It wasn't Christy Carlson.
Speaker 2: It was not Christy Carlson macking down on that was not happening. I was so you you know me well enough to know how uncomfortable I would have been in a situation like that.
Speaker 1: Everybody who's like, oh, you get to kiss all these people on camera, you get to do a sex scene, they're usually the worst. Yeah they are. It's hot, there's people watching you. It's yeah, it's weird, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's like even still like we're you know, you know, trying to keep the like the the energy and the vibe between us, like we're trying not to go too far into the friend zone so that it looks, you know, it's believable that we've got this great, like kind of romantic chemistry. So we're you know, and then it's like just like looking around like okay, and then it's like the next shot, and then Kenny's like all right, we're going to do one more, and I'm looking at Kenny like how many times are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you know I hated Kenny.
Speaker 1: Do you now did you have a boyfriend in real life? At the time, I.
Speaker 2: Was kind of at the end, I had a real boyfriend. There was one that came to Spain. Yeah, that was my long term boyfriend. So yeah, but we were kind of in a weird spot.
Speaker 1: So it's so weird though you're like in a relationship. It's like legal cheating when you're doing yes any strange and.
Speaker 2: I don't think, you know, being in my early twenties and not really thinking too much into it. I don't think I even told him that I had a kiss in the movie, like because I didn't want to bring it up right, I didn't want it, you know. It's like that weird thing. And you know, God, I don't even know that that was just such an awkward heart And then lurs Keeley, Adrian and Raven were not helping. They were totally coally making it. How they performed it on camera is exactly how they treated me day of all day today, the kissing day. How are we gonna do it, Sabrina? Are you gonna go like this? Are you gonna go like this? How's it gonna be? Are gonna let him get cop a feel? I'm like, cut it out. I love us amping up the anxiety for these are there the awesome friends exactly sure it is.
Speaker 1: Now, after this incredible kiss time, for which I'm sure there was some tongue that You're just not admitting to, it's time for Cheetah Girls dance practice, and now they're finally focused. We get a new song step up, all about how it's time to work. Now, it's time to work for real. The girls have gotten it all together, and just in time for the dance cap warm up show, we're thrown right into the performance of The girls look great. Lolo's in the audience and looks impressed. After the show, however, Lola introduces the Cheetah Girls to the owner of the club, who surprisingly pays them for the performances. And I knew right then. I was like, it's an amateur competition. You can't take money. With only two days left before the performance, Lola warns them lights out early because tomorrow is sound check, and so the next day, the Cheetah Girls finally see the festival outdoor stage. But get this, their dressing room is in the small corner of a huge, beautiful little building. Did you expect anything else? Excited about Aqua and Dorothea's proposed outfits, the Cheater Girls celebrate, but are interrupted by the festival director. Unfortunately, because the girls took money from the dancing cat owner, this makes them professional singers. The competition is only for amateurs. They've been kicked off of the show. Lola has an idea though, Wow, thanks Lola for coming up with a great idea. Marisol can join the group and they won't be I know what it's like they have. She had a plan. They won't be the Cheetah Girls anymore. They'll be amateurs again. Galeria isn't sold. Marisol doesn't know any of the songs that she sings in Spanish, but Marisol reminds them Chanelle does know some of her songs, says she isn't performing without her girls, thank you, But Galeria doesn't want them to have gone all the way to Barcelona for nothing. The Cheetah Girls should have some representation on that stage. The girls all agree, and Chanelle's whisked away now an official duo with Marisol back at Luke's. Dorothea reminds the girl she knew Lola was trouble this entire time, as did. I wanted to ask Luke if there's anything he can do, you know, as a very rich person, but he says no. The girls still want everyone there to support Chanelle. But some good news. Luke reveals that he and Juanita will be living in New York, so Chanelle doesn't have to move and she won't miss her senior year and possibly a third film. But most importantly, the Cheetah Girls can stay together. And with that, Galeria says, there's only one thing left to do. They go to the Dancing Cat and return the money to the owner over the principle of it and hiding in the shadows. Boooo is that huge little flirt on Kel and his guitar. He sees them leave. Now it's the night of the competition and Channel is practicing with Marisol as the Cheetahs watch on. Then the festival director returns. He wants to know what the Cheetah girls are even doing here. They're about to see themselves out when he reveals a reliable source told them that Lola was the one who arranged for the Dancing Cat to pay the girls. She of course denies it, but he says his nephew told him, and his secret nephew is and because of this, the Cheetah Girls are allowed to perform. Marisol has also had enough of her conniving mom and storms off, leaving her future completely and totally murky. And that's time for the big contest. The Princess of Barcelona is announced, but Marisol never comes out on stage. She's at the catering eating what looks like an amazing looks like it's a whole churro, bars, chocol Oh, that's where I would have been too. I don't know, well, that's where I would have been to. I don't need to perform. Just give me a big thing at chiros and chocolate and I am absolutely fine. And that's a good thing because her mom never lets her enjoy these things. That leaves only the final act. Straight from New York City and Texas, it's the Cheetah Girls. Angel Galleria's new boy toy has joined them with his guitar, and the sketches have come to life now, ranging from festive Matador to bright kind of Carmen San Diego. The girls are performing a new song, Amiga's Cheetahs, the perfect way to celebrate in Spain. It's an anthem about friendship and overcoming obstacles together. This is a big number now. Sabrina Was this the hardest one to do in the movie?
Speaker 2: I mean, dance wise, no, but this was a night shoot, so we were filming really late, I mean literally trying to beat out the sun coming up like it was.
Speaker 1: Was this one night or did you do it over multiple nights?
Speaker 2: We did it a couple nights. We had a couple I think it was probably like three or four nights that we had when we did any of the night stuff. Well, this was no because when we were in Sieches is when we did It's Over, which is obviously a night shoot as well. But this one was tough because it was I mean, it was doing it over and over and over. This is a big number, you know, and Kenny was in full blast, like I'm sure just creator just insane mode of just wanting his visuals everything he was doing. He was like again again again, you know, and we're like, all right, all right, here we go. Man. It was just it was it was hard because we wanted to make sure Kenny got everything that he felt he needed before the sun came up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes sense. And then there's a big surprise. The Cheetahs are joined on stage by their new Amiga Marisol. The crowd goes nuts for their hometown hero, and we have a fifth honorary cheetaht well sixth if you count me. They're also joined by honky drummers and the festival director who's wailing on a trumpet for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Durinda's dance partner is Jaquen at cender stage, and even Lola is feeling it in the audience. All of our main characters take a bout, with the Cheetah Girls dancing into the crowd. A lot of extras here, then the credits roll. Hold the on, I've now been here for ninety seven minutes. Who won the contest? I watched all the credits. I'm like, they're obviously gonna show us something.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. That's not even art because in the DVD at that time, the d coms had a DVD exclusive like extra scene.
Speaker 1: Sure wasn't explaining the whole film.
Speaker 2: It was the wedding.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, okay, so we found online, you have to you just confirmed an alternate ending exists, not including the main broadcast. It features Janeda and Luke's wedding with the Cheetah Girls singing cherish the moment during the summer during the ceremony, not really.
Speaker 2: An alternate it was like an additional extra scene.
Speaker 1: Were they singing it as the winners of the contest, because I still don't know, God.
Speaker 2: We were, I know, I thought the same thing as like, wait, we didn't even know, Like they didn't even say if we want or not? No, I mean, no idea we did.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's clear. I think the first guy with the DJ who was doing the singing, that's the guy who won DJ. That's the guy who won DJ. Whatever the hell. Oh, I couldn't believe it. I was like ninety seven minutes and I still don't know who won the damn contest. Anyway. That is Cheetah Girls too. And it's time for real reviews and I get the five star review. I'm very excited. This is from little Miss Pink, Little Miss Pink, and here we go five star review. Anyone who wants to be incredibly rude about this movie can just be quiet. I am a twelve going on thirteen year old girl and I loved it. People being incredibly rude about this movie are forty seven and too old to be watching it. Anyway, I have a projector, and I dance and sing along with this movie every day. I am a smart twelve going on thirteen year old girl, So as far as I'm concerned, you can be quiet from a very annoyed twelve going on thirteen year old. I just wonder how old she was. I know, I'm not sure that's five stars, Sabrina, You've got the one star, which I think is.
Speaker 2: I I'm gonna Nita. Is that feces?
Speaker 1: It is? It? Absolutely is?
Speaker 2: I was hoping not, but okay, Uh, this one star coming from walking maybe walking chin woke wo chin it FECs, dude, It feces, dude.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's literally walk in. Uh for our feature today, Sabrina's favorite part of the program. Uh. For the big sequel. Here the Cheetah girls traveling.
Speaker 2: To get a break, not get no damn not.
Speaker 1: Even not even on your own movie, not even on your own movie the Cheetahs. The Cheetah travel to Spain to compete in the talent show. No nobody knows who wins, but they do. To honor their travels, we will be given five cities and have to decide whether they're in Spain or the last name of a major League baseball player. Oh, I don't know cities in Spain or baseball. So here we go. Number one, Morella.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna, I'm gonna that's a city because I feel like, isn't there like a cheese brand?
Speaker 1: Well that's mozzarella.
Speaker 2: No, no, there's like a brand.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm gonna I'm going to do something really stupid and stick with you though and say it's also from Spain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a city in the Valencia region.
Speaker 1: Ha, so we got it. Wow, Producer Jensen, you sound different today. Number two. I think it's pronounced bisa be a easy a b Yeah, b a easy a.
Speaker 2: Besa thinking instantly a biza, which is right?
Speaker 1: Which is different? I think he's doing this one to throw us.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say baseball player, baseball player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nope, it's a city, a one in one okay, Quintana baseball player. I'm gonna say baseball player, gotta be What do you think with will baseball.
Speaker 4: You're both correct of the Milwaukee Brewers.
Speaker 1: Okay, Uh, Dubon do you be o n Dubon.
Speaker 2: City?
Speaker 1: City city?
Speaker 2: That's a baseball player?
Speaker 1: Ah? ASTs Okay, so we're what we're two, right, one. Wrong, No, two and two. We're two and two. So here here's our last one. De Roka City, I'm going with City.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with baseball player. Will wins this one.
Speaker 1: So close, so close? All right, now we are going to be doing some more. Do you have more? Sabrina sees.
Speaker 2: I think just like kind of highlighting a little bit on list please. We talked about it in the beginning, like the fashion, Like I really loved that. Deborah Martin, Chase and Kenny We're just really adamant on because the channel was really wanting to introduce this new culture, you know, to to the fans. They weren't out in Spain yet Disney Channels, so this was like a big deal of really wanting to bring smart so much more stuff, the food, you know, and but mainly wanting to look and show that the fashion. And I loved that, like the end routines that what we end up wearing shows a lot of that Spanish fashion, but it's also in like kimono and like the fabrics that you see throughout the movie. It's like it's it's everywhere, and I loved it. Even for me. I saw the little bag that I had it's literally like a mini sweatshirt with long arms that you tie at the top. But that's what like all the girls were using. It's a bat in the hoodie is the top part that goes over your bag?
Speaker 1: Do you still have that?
Speaker 2: No, it got trashed. I used it so much in the movie and then also brought it home and used it, and but yeah, that was like something that all the girls were wearing. So we really like tried to start embracing and using a lot of that stuff within the movie, which I really loved. And even just our final outfits obviously, like not just Ravens who had her big long train, but like the delicate, like the ballero looking outfits that we wore and tried to have them like as a mix and a hybrid of the outfits that we would wear normally. And then of course obviously the dancing. I loved that. Kenny really wanted to do the mash of seeing what we did as like kind of hip hop dancers along with the Latin style and migas Cheetahs did it. But you actually get a first look at it in when it's me and walking dancing and we're doing, you know, our tango, but yeah, like it breaks into me teaching him some hip hop dancing. So I just I loved that I watching this movie back, it like kept going. I kept seeing like and remembering all of the talks, all of the development, all of the things that like, this was not a movie in which I feel like compared to the first movie, of course, it was more so about just kind of laying a foundation of the Cheetah the girl power essence through this girl group where the Cheetahs came from, you know, building that who are all of our different backgrounds, We all come from different places and have different storylines versus. This one was really about like the evolution of our characters, but also like really developing like and bringing in this new culture. And I just remembered like everything about this movie was picked through, thought about, over many talks, and I just I was so proud of like what it ended up being now that I've seen so many other D coms, Like for me, it was just like, Wow, all of those conversations kept coming back to me and going we didn't just like throw a movie, oh a second movie and just throw it out. It was so intricately thought of and it was really fun to see and then my last one is everyone for all of my High School Musical of fans out there who know Chucky see him in you know, he helped choreograph and do everything with High School Musical, but he was in a lot of those major dance scenes. Chucky wasn't in any anything for us. However, he does make a cameo when we first go into the Dancing cat He's like, he looked like when we get stopped kind of for us to check get checked, and there's like a vip that goes, yeah, you see Chucky with the fedora and that's him walking. Okay, little celebrity, and that's the little kind of I love that, Like Chucky did make his little cameo because he definitely deserved it. He worked his butt off on this movie, and so much of the choreography was a mix of him and Kenny, and I loved seeing all of Chucky's work again just kind of come to life.
Speaker 1: That's sweet. Well, thank you very much. Now, of course we come to the part of our program where we have to rate the film. We just saw.
Speaker 2: The options.
Speaker 1: One of the options. This week we're gonna do one out of ten Divas and Diapers again, one out of ten. I think is the best way to do it. Let's do that for this one for sure. One ten and diapers one out of ten. Barcelona's in a day, Spanish mamas, mountaintop meetings, Luke tapas one out of ten, huge beautiful buildings, one at a ten, Chanel's faults, one out of ten, secret nephews, one out of ten festive matadors, or one out of ten trumpet playing festival directors. I'd also like to add one out of ten. We never find out who actually wins the competition. I'm gonna let you pick, since this is your movie and I have to pick first. What do you want? Big?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I think I'm gonna do one out of ten? Strut like you mean it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, you mean one of ten, strut like you mean it. Well, okay, it is my turn to rate. Yes, okay, Sabrina. Now you know I have to watch this as just a person watching a movie. I can't watch it as your friend or any of that kind of stuff. I have to watch it as a person watching the movie. Okay, that one, the one song with the wind in your hair much, it's too much. I would have cut that song not knowing who won. That's not good.
Speaker 2: That's not good.
Speaker 1: That being said, I loved this movie. I did. I loved this movie. Sue and I had so much fun watching this last night. The city is beautiful, the music is great, you're all engaging, Raven is hysterical, You're all. We loved it. Seriously, I loved this movie. I really did. Wow, this could have been another close to ten if not for those two things. Because its per It's Disney Channel elevated, which is what we love. It's they didn't just do a regular Disney channel. Even with its faults. I'm still gonna give Cheetah Girls two nine strut like is a strut like you mean it? Y nine strut like you mean it? And I don't think I'm being biased because you're my friend again. Sat there watched Us with my wife last night, and we both had a blast. We were like every time the guy on Hell showed up, it was funny and it was like not supposed to be, but we still we had We fully enjoyed the ninety seven minutes. It was seven minutes too long, that one song, but it was a great dcom it really was, and you're right, it was better than the first one, and I liked the first one, So this is a great movie. I'm very very confident in giving this nine strut, like, wow, this is a great one.
Speaker 2: That is unreal. I wasn't expecting that, Well, this is a great movie.
Speaker 1: Had a ton of fun watching this film.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I this again, this is my favorite movie. But it wasn't that because I of the movie comparing the actual movies. It was my experience in of course in Barcelona that was like what I think most people can like go like they're they're semester of studying abroad, or they're like awesome summer trip they took with their college girlfriends, and like this was it for me because I didn't get that because I was working. This was really it for me, and so I already knew I loved like just I was excited to like have a trip through memory lane of like all of our fun trips and stuff that we did. But now that I've watched so many dcoms and have seen you know the ones that are just kind of you know, take it or leave it, you know, the ones that are just a movie, like how we say, not bad, just a movie, And then the ones that have blown my mind, like the Descendants, the the you know, the movies, the zombies. Like, now that I've seen that, I really was imagining I was going to be picking this apart, and I just kept going, this was done so well.
Speaker 1: It is, It's good.
Speaker 2: The movie was great. The our our artistic director and like our ad was just unreal. He was so good and so mediculous. Kenny did his thing. Deborah, I swear she was just I couldn't imagine having anyone better than Deborah Martin Chase because she was such a warrior for us as as as artists for what we were wanting to do in the future with the Cheetah girls, Like she just had a big picture the whole time, and it was like finally developing. We were hitting our stride and you can see it in this movie. Everything was elevated and it was really I was really proud to watch it last night. I couldn't believe it have been were because I was thinking, now that I've seen Descendance like all these like new gen D coms, that it wasn't gonna hold up, and I feel like it did, and I'm kind of like, well, that's probably not the greatest thing to say. But because I was in it, but I felt like it really held up and I was proud of it. I'm gonna go ahead and also give it a nine. Yeahh like you mean it, because wow, it was so such a gorgeous movie and it was where we were and everything. It just it was. It was awesome. I felt like this was Cheetahs at its fineness. It was so great.
Speaker 1: Well, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you so much. We'll see about if we enjoy our next movie. Because our next movie is one I've also been waiting for. It's nineteen ninety nine's comedy drama starring two of my pals and two pals from the show, Oh Joey and Andy Lawrence. The movie is called Horse Sense. It's currently available to stream on Disney Plus. Check it out and gallop past us in preparation for our next recap That was a horse pun. But before we get into that, we have a park Opper episode. This week. We're completing the trifecta by talking to Amy Hallerin, who played Ronnie in Go Figure. It's the third and final hockey player for Magical Rewind, joining our talks with Tanya Gunati and Jordan Danger. So let's hit the ice one last time and get a little preview of what you can expect.
Speaker 4: I hadn't seen it in years, and I have two nephews and they had really never I haven't done TV in like a long time, so they have not really seen me on screen.
Speaker 2: So when I was home.
Speaker 4: This fall, I was like, would you guys want to watch this hockey movie that Aunt Amy's in?
Speaker 2: And they're like, oh, Amy's in a movie and I was like yeah.
Speaker 3: So we watched it together and it was so fun to watch them watch it, and like, especially the little one was like Amy, that's you want Amy, That's that's you.
Speaker 1: Don't miss our very own little hat trick. Amy was awesome And you can hear it all by searching Magical Rewind wherever you get your podcasts and check out our other episodes. I promise you won't regret ith you regret some And for more info, you can follows that Magical Rewind pod on the Instagram Machine. Now, oh, Sabrina, I still think you slipped that guy of the tongue.
Speaker 2: Bye Cheetah.