Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you, thank you for listening to us. Ryan Air Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest, Thursday morning. We're getting through another week, this week of the longest month. It's a new you know. So I was thinking about this last night. There we were on New Year's Eve, thinking about the hope and brightness of a new year, and then slammed with disaster immediately out of the gate of twenty twenty five. I mean, you have to wonder that's.
Speaker 2: Why they did. You see all those memes. It's like the memes that said, I'm not going to claim that twenty twenty five is going to be my year. I'm going to quietly just step into it.
Speaker 1: If you think about the stark contrast of coming into the new year with hope and then seeing the tragedy here in our city. Yeah, it just strikes day seven, first week. Wow, longest month, long as January ever?
Speaker 3: Does it usually feel like a long January?
Speaker 2: Does it always short?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: It always does?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, not like this this note.
Speaker 5: Last week felt as if we experienced the whole year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now let me just look at the forecast here as we get going this morning, so partly Sunday today, highs around seventy. We're finally out that red flag warning. Yeah, finally out of that red flag warning. But it's the Santa Ana win season, so you never know whendows are coming back in a handful of days, which is going to keep people sort of on edge.
Speaker 5: Well, let's tick the positive while we have the positive and today is great, Okay, let's.
Speaker 1: Let's be I always tell you guys, let's be present. I know you in the morning.
Speaker 3: I love that about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always say it.
Speaker 3: I know you do. Always say that.
Speaker 1: Thinking about the past, stop thinking about the future.
Speaker 2: Great, brother, you're the one who flies through the calendar.
Speaker 1: I want it to be July.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, you're the one who's always speeding through the holidays. Play with us, Tanya, come on, oh okay, so we're just like.
Speaker 1: We're winding you up. I'm making fun of me, who can never be present and live in the moment, who always has to think about what's next.
Speaker 2: You did wind me up, I know, because you were you to be present for like fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Obvious. Sometimes sometimes the back room here this morning, everybody's here, Colette, Mikayla, good morning.
Speaker 3: Or leaning in.
Speaker 1: How are you guys good.
Speaker 3: How are you all right?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Those two glasses so I've only had him for about ten days.
Speaker 3: So we definitely didn't notice last week.
Speaker 5: No, well, but I wasn't really like our minds were like, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are new they're thinner frames.
Speaker 2: I like the Yeah, their ch much much more than the leopard.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I do have some leopard I don't even realize I like the leopard ones.
Speaker 3: These are you remind me of monsters inc?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Steve, we covered that. Who's the character?
Speaker 2: And they make me happy? I forgot her name is? She's like the Secretary?
Speaker 1: Think we covered that. Yes, my eyeglasses looked like.
Speaker 5: The Secretary day specifically, your lived for very red for whatever reason, that's how it all unfolded.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: These make you look like.
Speaker 3: Harry Potter.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my alarm went off this morning and I thought.
Speaker 3: Superman, Superman, Superman.
Speaker 1: I come in and let them tear you apart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Superman, super going for Rose.
Speaker 1: I'm going for Harry.
Speaker 3: Potter with Superman. That this is the look.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you very much. You guys look great too.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 1: As we wake up on this Thursday morning, the red flag warnings are gone for the moment, so let's appreciate that. And if you follow your horoscopes, here is how your day is gonna end up. Aries, Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Aries. Set an intention of something that you want to bring in for twenty twenty five, Taurres.
Speaker 3: Cut back on unfulfilling activities.
Speaker 2: Gem and I, you will hit a target that you've been aiming for cancer.
Speaker 3: Surround yourself with kind supporters.
Speaker 2: Leo, you need to make a change now.
Speaker 3: Virgo, the universe will meet you halfway. Just decide.
Speaker 2: Libra, give teamwork a welcome boost.
Speaker 3: Scorpio.
Speaker 2: Today will bring a big goal to fruition Sagittarius. If you aren't happy with a career path, you'll be nudged in a new direction.
Speaker 3: Capricorn. Register for an online master class.
Speaker 2: Aquarious, you will cross paths with a potential love interest.
Speaker 3: And Pisces, you are on a mission to grow, So.
Speaker 1: For me, it's an online master class. That sounds fun. I don't think I can make it through a class anymore.
Speaker 3: Ay more, Like that's it for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: You're never going to take a class out of college for a reason. I didn't like classes, Well, I wasn't I was fine in high school, but then when I got to college in real life started to be on the doorstep. I wanted real life.
Speaker 3: You've done like cooking classes and things like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have, but not a master class of anything.
Speaker 3: You can do a master cooking gabble, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Not at that well. I would like to, yes, okay, okay, I will try that someday, maybe twenty twenty six. This is not the year where I'm trying anything new, Sisney. I don't know the whole story here, but Sisony, their rumblings that Michael, her husband, has pinned up posters of girls.
Speaker 5: Not necessarily, but it does involve pinning and photos.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing.
Speaker 4: Went.
Speaker 1: There is pin he pinned up on the wall other women posters.
Speaker 3: No, not posters.
Speaker 5: I discovered something on his phone the other day when I was looking for pictures.
Speaker 2: Hinnded doesn't mean pinned up posters anymore.
Speaker 1: It has several definitions. You can drop me a pin. I'll get back to that, that's true. How can you help animals affected by the LA fires. You can adopt, you can foster, you can donate, but before donating, check with your local shelter to see what they need. I was watching a story where a lot of animals were shipped to Seattle. They were put on a friendship to Seattle to make room for the new animals who have been displaced that are coming in that need new parents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the generosity from everyone here in LA and parts of Orange County and the ie to donate to the animal shelters was so overwhelming that they actually don't have the space for the food, the dog food, the castles that was donated.
Speaker 2: So they're just like.
Speaker 1: A lot of them are saying we can't accept these supplies after a rush of early donations. But anyway, adopt, foster, donate. Those are three ways. Thanks for listening to us this morning. We do have our normally scheduled Ryan's Roses coming up after seven o'clock seven forty. We are going to do that. And she says, there are well, there are similarities between what he got her for Christmas and what he got is ex for Christmas. It's his ex wife, and apparently she thinks it there. She thinks there's still love there, which is fine, but she thinks there's more love for his ex than for her.
Speaker 3: Why is he getting the ex wife a Christmas present.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's weird, right.
Speaker 1: I did that.
Speaker 3: We never had an ex wife, but no, but I've had ex's.
Speaker 1: I've gotten gifts for Christmas?
Speaker 2: Will they have other significant others?
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about that. Well you brought that. Oh my gosh, why are you up in me this morning like that?
Speaker 3: Yes, you are kind of up in them a little bit in me this morning.
Speaker 1: I came in wanting to just have an oral hug. Here, a voice hug, a verbal hug, and you're just all up in me talking about Look whatever.
Speaker 2: I said that about your glasses.
Speaker 5: Hardly hard by the way, it's so equal. You go at her the same way that she goes at you, and I'm me. I mean, this is the recollection of any of that should come in here, not Yeah, it's all proper.
Speaker 1: I come in here, not going for any of it anyway. Ryan's rose is coming up, Yeah, seven forty this morning, we'll do that. Meanwhile, at Sicin's place, her husband Michael is pinning other women.
Speaker 5: Okay, so here is the story.
Speaker 1: Well that's what it is. And you have some audio of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hang on with the audio.
Speaker 5: So, so we're on the couch the other night and he took pictures of me with our new nephew and on his phone, and so I was trying to get the pictures and put them onto my phone. And so I'm going through and my airdrop for whatever reason, was not working, so I had to text them.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And so then when I went to text them and I went to go look to see if they weren't, they were not coming through. So I go to see his text messages and I'm like, wait a minute, he has like all these pins. Like you know, ifhen you go to your text messages, you have like your favorites. I would assume they're like your favorites, like I have Michael first, and then I have like my sister and my brother, and.
Speaker 2: So he has I don't even know who they are.
Speaker 5: But then I see Marianna, who used to work here pinned as one of his pins FedEx like I like, I'm.
Speaker 7: Like, what is this?
Speaker 3: Like how am I not one of your pins? And he was like.
Speaker 1: The way you say it, like you were very defensive about not being a pin, I.
Speaker 3: Was more than I was offended.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm your wife.
Speaker 5: I should be at the very first bubble, just like you're my first bubble. Yeah, I'm mad, but I'm like a little on alert, so I secretly recorded him.
Speaker 3: That makes zero sense.
Speaker 5: That makes zero sense that you don't have like your favorites pin like you're my favorite on my pin.
Speaker 1: You're looking in the pins in a different way than I two.
Speaker 3: But you have said X pinned, but you don't have me pinned, no, because.
Speaker 7: I text you so much that you're always like how fire.
Speaker 1: Like I had to pick because after four.
Speaker 7: Literally two texts and jingle ball, there's all these other people and I lost her text and I'm trying to search for her name.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you are always there. I don't need to pay me.
Speaker 7: It's literally like.
Speaker 1: I will not lose your number. Wait, it's like I'm under your couch listening to this in real time. Yeah, uh it is. He's right.
Speaker 2: I understand the rationale.
Speaker 1: He's he's he makes sense with that, though. How does he feel about you secretly recording him and playing him back early in the morning.
Speaker 5: I told him afterwards, and he's like, oh, I'm glad I helped with your topic.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: In my real life too, I'm always like, can you grat me? A pedroom? Fast. I need to write that down tomorrow. I kind of make a note. That's a great topic.
Speaker 2: He didn't know I was recording him until after.
Speaker 1: But he's he's a giggly little bubble, isn't it. He's a joyful little bubble of boy.
Speaker 2: He's a good time.
Speaker 1: He's a good time. I saw someone on TV that reminded me of his essence.
Speaker 2: Wasn't an actor from Sex and the City.
Speaker 3: No, Oh, okay, because he's gotten big before.
Speaker 1: Does not look like big.
Speaker 3: My sister tells him all the time. Oh mister big, mister big.
Speaker 5: No, okay, you know he's he's also gotten Michael Sarah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yes.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like Michael Sarah. I bet your sister's pit complements like that.
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 5: Like uh, when Michael was younger, he used to be like a child actor and he would lose roles to Michael Sarah.
Speaker 1: Michael Sarah out in the wild. Would there be tension nor anyway? That made me? Thank you for taking us into your home last night.
Speaker 3: You're very welcome. I felt like it was necessary.
Speaker 1: I was, uh, yeah, I was happy to hear that. When Mark told me, he said, and she's got a recording. Oh so good, even super bad. Have a great relationship, all right. You may not realize this. There's a specific time you should buy shoes if you got to get new shoes if yours are worn out for multiple reasons, and that time is Thursday day evening, so tonight. Wow, Because yeah, because shoes that will be on sale that weekend get marked down on Thursdays and evening. Because your feet swell throughout the day. If you buy shoes in the morning, your feet may be hurting by afternoon. You need an actual fitting, like you need to make sure that they fit when they're swollen.
Speaker 5: I knew there was something with the swollen feet. I just didn't I couldn't remember if it was morning or night when it's night.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's very interesting and strange, but there you have it. Today's quote on this Thursday. Keep going because you deserve to see what happens when hard work pays off. So true, keep going with this FM headlines with siciny well.
Speaker 5: The majority of weather alerts issued for southern California, including several red flag warnings, have expired. However, Santa Ana wins are forecast to return next week, but it's still too early to say how strong this next wind event will be. The City of Pasadena has issued a temporary ban on power air blow and leaf flowers until further notice in the hopes of improving air quality. The California Attorney General will holding news conference later this morning about efforts to crack down on price gouging after the La fires, and Insomniac announced a series of SoCal shows through the end of the month that will donate proceeds to charities helping fire victims and first responders.
Speaker 2: On air with Ryan.
Speaker 1: Seacrest in the last week. Go fund Me has been inundated, obviously with pages from people whose lives have been completely upended. These fires have been a disaster for so many families, and the ripple effect just goes on and on. So we're trying to amplify your go Fundme pages. If you listen to kiss, if you can hear our voices, and we're asking you to reach out to us. So Cheap is trying to raise money for her grandma and aunt after the eating fire in Altadena took away the house she lived in for decades, so she says it wasn't just a structure, it was a place filled with generations of laughter, love and memories. Her aunt also lost her own home in the fire, leaving her with nothing. And so she's grandmother, Ruth is about to turn ninety, and this has gone viral. It's her spirit, it's her attitude about the whole thing that has gone viral. Let me play it.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm going to be changing my life and simplifying it because I don't need all this stuff. I know it's not important, and so I'm going to think about what.
Speaker 2: I buy, what I eat.
Speaker 6: Everything will be thought out. I don't mean I'm not going to have fun and enjoy myself, but I'm just not going to just go buy stuff.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to think about it a lot.
Speaker 6: And also ninety is a whole new decade and things are different, and so I have to take that into account.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean that is so she's grandma ninety years old, her name is Ruth, and she sounds like she's sixty hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So ch on the line with this now in Altadena. How you doing the this morning? So cheap?
Speaker 4: Hi, I've definitely been better, but we're doing okay.
Speaker 1: Well, we're thinking about you and your neighbors and your community.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: This city has really come together, the unity, the fighting for each other, stories that are coming out of every community in Los Angeles. But your grandma's gone viral. I mean, did you ever think Nana would go viral?
Speaker 4: I you know what's funny is I think she's so special, obviously, and I've always thought she was such an amazing Woman's done so much for her community. And I mean I posted her on my stories initially, and I had so many people respond, and someone actually said specifically, please post this as a reel that I can share because she needs to go as viral as the destruction has, because that's what was all over our feeds, And so I did that, and I mean the response has been overwhelming from all around the world.
Speaker 1: So your grandmother she lost everything as I'm looking here. All she brought with her was her dog.
Speaker 7: Pretty much.
Speaker 4: She unfortunately isn't as on social media as much. So we my husband and I, between the alerts and our friends letting us know, we had about twenty minutes to grab our things and our dogs. And then my husband said, you go ahead, I will go get your grandmother, who lives a couple of blocks for me, and I couldn't get a hold there was such a gridlock with the phones. I couldn't even get a hold of her or him. And he had to jump the fence because of the electricity was gone at that point, and he grabbed her and she basically had time to grab her dog. She forgot her purse in the in the you know, in the chaos, so she basically had nothing. She didn't get to take any personal belongings. She had to start over. I mean the first day we had to go to the DMV, the bank. She even wanted to call the library and tell them that the book that she had, you know, obviously burned down and that was her priority, which everybody thought was very heartwarming.
Speaker 1: Oh well, her view, her outlook on the nineties for her and how we could all take a lesson in living our lives is just going to simplify. And also she's going to it sounds like she's gonna do everything, shopping for groceries, everything with intention.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And honestly, I think that was why she went so viral, because whether you were affected by these fires directly or not, or even if you're in another part of the world or whatever age you are, we can all kind of take that lesson to just be more intentional with our purchases and realize that the most important thing in these situations, obviously, I hope it doesn't take a fire to realize that is that, you know, the people that we love and the sense of community is the most important thing, and as long as we have that, we can rebuild.
Speaker 1: So true, it just it feels good to hear you say that, so honestly, it really does. And I appreciate you coming on to talk about your grandma there. This is so che who's out in Altadena, And you mentioned the go fundme page. Tell me how we can help, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean when I first told her about it, she didn't want to get any help. She is the type of person we always make fun of her because she has so many calendars and mugs and different kinds of things that she gets from charities because she donates so much over the years, and she is such a pillar of her community and always volunteering. I mean, she's constantly volunteering her whole life since she retired, and actually before she retired. So it's you know, if this is the time to accept help, it would be it would be now. And we've been so overwhelmed by the generosity, you know, food donations, clothing donations, but I think at the end of the day, since financial donations would be extremely helpful for her to kind of get back on her feet.
Speaker 1: How do you which go fund me page? How do we know which one it is?
Speaker 4: It's it's it's Ruth Judkins. Is her name, r U T H j U D K I N S. And my sister Caroline Kubero started it, so hopefully you guys can sure that link.
Speaker 1: But yeah, go fund me posted by Caroline Cubero. See you b E r oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, see you b E r oh.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, and it's for Ruth Judkins.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, your grandma is a light in this world, and thank you for letting us share the feeling and the sense of I guess togetherness and help and hope and the outlook that she has because that's what we all need, yea.
Speaker 4: That is what we need, and I think she's like the perfect example of it. And I will say that although this has been a really really dark and scary time, it's been such an emotional roller coaster this week because also, as you said, so much good has come out of it. We've really just you know, have the sense of community and hope. And I really think that if any community can rebuild, it is these communities in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: LA together. So she thank you so much for calling this one in out to Dina. You take good care and big hugs to you.
Speaker 2: Pleasure, Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 9: We really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Take appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You just see the good in people in moments like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You just highlight the good in people, the good in humanity in moments like this, and we need it. And it makes me emotional every time.
Speaker 3: I know, just thinking about it gets me emotional.
Speaker 1: So many great people in this city. We don't highlight it enough.
Speaker 5: I've never felt more proud to be from care you know, and live here.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. Okay. So there's a new trend and I don't know if you've heard about this, but it is called it's a journaling trend, right, and it's called junk journaling. Junk journaling.
Speaker 3: Have you ever journaled, Ryan?
Speaker 1: Ever? Not a journal Honestly, I will tell you. My teachers in school said to me junior high Ryan, yes you should journal.
Speaker 3: Imagine if you journal this entire time of your career.
Speaker 5: Oh what, oh wonderful keepsake that would be Yes, you glids.
Speaker 1: I didn't do it. I just blew it off as I thought it was a task. Well that's the thing, okay.
Speaker 5: So that's kind of like where this junk journalin comes into effect because, like many people, actually putting pen to paper seems difficult and glorious. Yeah, like a chore, like homework, Like it's just too much. But journaling releases stress, it's a sense of gratitude, it does all these positive.
Speaker 3: Things for you.
Speaker 5: So junk journaling is basically where you fill notebooks with little things that kind of just bring you joy and memory. Let's say you went to a restaurant on a first date with somebody and you had a great time. You saved the napkin and you put that in the journal or ticket stubs, things like that, just random things that you just so it's nothing, it's really nothing.
Speaker 3: Extra that you're already doing.
Speaker 5: Because you already have this stuff, you just slap it into a notebook, don't even think of just put it in. Just put it in, and then over time you'll have this notebook of junk, essentially, but it's meaningful junk to you.
Speaker 1: That's what I wish I would have done. Can start now, not too late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hot. I know what bugs me is.
Speaker 5: I wish I would have saved more tickets stuffs because we don't really have those anymore. Everything's electronic when you go to a concert. Yeah, and so like, I wish I would have saved more yeahs. It's not the same though, but yeah, so anything I got food wrappers, pretty napkins, receipts, bookmarks, things like that.
Speaker 3: Just put them in your junk journal.
Speaker 1: Foil from Chipotle, that foil is special to you.
Speaker 3: Then you slap that foil in that.
Speaker 1: Notebook wax paper with the logo on it.
Speaker 3: You see, now you're getting it.
Speaker 1: I like it. I do too, generally like it. Won't do it for real? Maybe somebody listening for somebody else. It's time for Ryan's roses, and I want to give you the email. Now, we'll get right into it. Wendy's reached out in Orange County. She's n Anaheim, and she says, I think my husband's still in love with his ex wife. They have a daughter together. The two of them bought each other Christmas gifts. They were from their daughter. He spent the same amount on his ex as he did me. Honestly, they have always seemed too close. Now I'm struggling. I don't hate this. I mean it's a slippery slope, the value of the gift. But like it's fine.
Speaker 3: You don't hate it because you're not in the situation.
Speaker 2: But if you were in the situation and you were the one that wasn't.
Speaker 1: Parents of the daughter, so you need love. It's good to have someone, But what if you're not.
Speaker 5: What if you meet somebody and she has a daughter with some other guy and they're that close.
Speaker 3: I don't know that you would love it.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Rhyme's harmony.
Speaker 1: I'm like the Gwyneth Paltrow he becomes best friends with the times I'm uncoupling, subtly, subtenly uncoupled.
Speaker 2: What do they do consciously uncoupled?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like that. Bring it all in.
Speaker 2: You say that it would hurt you if she got guys the same gift.
Speaker 1: Yet a gift I can't speak to. But I just think having a healthy, separate conversation.
Speaker 2: So jealous?
Speaker 1: Okay, how do you call me Nick Jonas like that? You know?
Speaker 2: Because has he not? Has he not? Said that he is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's always saying like, you're like an insecure, jealous boyfriend.
Speaker 1: What a catch what a catch? Y'all you're saying, girls are lighting up to date you security? You want some jealousy? You got it right here?
Speaker 3: All five nine says passion.
Speaker 1: You're passionate, he says, I care, big hearted, yes, thin skinned, ready for you, ready, ready, ready, get the word outa get the word out la Orange County. I E I E HQ insecurity right here, Wendy, do you see what I have to deal with? All right, let me get Wendy. Wendy's got a serious situation here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what.
Speaker 1: Do we got the background? But you think he's actually having a relationship with his ex wife, like a physical one.
Speaker 9: Honestly, I don't think a physical one, but an emotional one certainly, Like I think he really, deep down he has stronger feelings for her, way stronger than he does for me.
Speaker 1: Well, that's interesting because I do not mind that he has love for his ex wife, because they've got a daughter together in peace is good for the kid. I understand, because I obviously I'm a very jealous person. I understand that if he's loving her more you feel that way, then you feel insecure about it, and that's not okay, and you shouldn't feel that way and it shouldn't be a situation that shouldn't be created. So you think he has more love for her, but you don't think he's physically with her.
Speaker 7: I don't think so.
Speaker 9: It's just like they're just so happy together, Like if you could see them, they're like the happiest co parents who probably ever in your wife.
Speaker 1: Are you kids with him?
Speaker 9: We don't have kids together, but he does have one six year old daughter with her. Okay, yeah, all right, that's kind of what this is all about in a way for me.
Speaker 1: How long you've been married? How long? How long was he married to his ex?
Speaker 9: He was with her like they were younger. I think it wasn't even five years, between four and five years, and we've been married.
Speaker 1: For two Okay, all right, tell me about your husband's ex wife. Is she single?
Speaker 9: I mean, she's not married. She's out there dating and stuff, but you know, nothing serious, I guess. I mean, I don't really keep up with her that much, But that's my understanding.
Speaker 1: Your concern is he's in love with her still, And let's get to it. Let's let's find out who's top of mind. He's going to be offered some roses. I wonder if he's going to send him to his ex wife you think he's in love with or you. That's really going to be telling and that's about to happen. Yeah, I need you to say when you just say, Ryan, you have my permission to call, and then your husband's name.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Ryan, you have my permission to call.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it right now. Be very quiet until we tell them he's on the air. Let's see we can find out good luck.
Speaker 2: Hello. Hi is this Alex?
Speaker 7: It is Hey, how are you Hi?
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 3: My name is Emily. I'm calling from Magical Blooms. We're a flower business that services the Anaheim area and other parts of Orange County. How are you doing this morning?
Speaker 7: I'm okay. You're calling me about flowers, though, what I'm.
Speaker 5: Calling you because we're offering a promotion today. It's a free dozen red roses that you could send anybody they like. Like I said, they're free. I don't need cash or credit card info, just the name of the person that you want to send them to.
Speaker 10: That's really weird, buddy, okay, sure not Okay, we can start.
Speaker 2: With the name and then we can do a note.
Speaker 7: Okay, cool, so right, send him to stage.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, and what would you like to put on the card?
Speaker 7: Just say good luck? We're both so proud of you, Love mom and dad.
Speaker 3: Okay, good luck, We're both so proud of you, Love mom and dad.
Speaker 1: Okay, Alex, your voice is broadcast on the radio. My name is Ryan. I need you to know this. Yeah, I needed to know this. Your voice is being broadcast in the radio. I've got your wife, Wendy on the line. Is saved your daughter? What sages? Your daughter?
Speaker 7: Stages?
Speaker 8: My daughter?
Speaker 1: What is your ex wife? Well, I'm gonna explain it. Don't don't, don't panic. So Sage is your daughter with your ex wife, and your current wife is Wendy.
Speaker 7: Correct, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you something. Your wife, Wendy, feels like you're still in love with your ex wife. Do you feel that?
Speaker 7: Oh? Come on, what is this?
Speaker 1: This is me talking to you about your ex wife and your current wife?
Speaker 10: Is I agree that we're on the radio.
Speaker 1: Correct. That's the beauty of it. We're on the radio and so everyone can hear the truth. If you are, you aren't, but your wife is telling me she sees signs of you still being in love with your ex wife.
Speaker 7: I'm not man, And to be honest, this is personal. I don't know who you are or why you're talking to me about this. This is none of your business.
Speaker 1: Well let me let your wife speak then, because she knows you and it is personal. And Wendy, why don't you tell Alex why you think that maybe he's cheating on you?
Speaker 9: I mean, how much time do you have? Like I could just sit here and go on and on, but you really should not sound shocked about this because you always make it obvious that you you actually are more in love with her than you are with me, Like why don't you happy to see me the way you're happy to see her? And dollar for dollar, like you spent the same amount on both of us for Christmas.
Speaker 4: You kill God.
Speaker 9: Whether I'm there, I'm not. And I thought this would be a good idea because I'm like, hey, let's see will he send the roses to me? And you did send him to me, you know what?
Speaker 7: You know what, I'm not surprised by any of this. Actually I'm not.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 7: This is ridiculous. You put this on the radio. You put our personal business on the radio like this.
Speaker 10: This is not you know, my ex wife doesn't make me feel crazy all the time. She's not always testing me to see whether or not I'm still in love with her or something. This is ridiculous.
Speaker 7: I'll talk to you when I get home. Yeah, well I'm at that right. You are a couple.
Speaker 1: Are you cheating on your wife?
Speaker 10: I know I'm no, I'm not seeing on Wendy, but you know what it might be A good eye.
Speaker 7: Is ridiculous. She's acting like a child.
Speaker 1: That gaslight. Now we're gaslighting your wife. No, she has this feeling. It's her. It's the way she feels. You can't argue with the way she feels. She feels like you are in love with your ex wife and you're doing things to make her feel that.
Speaker 5: Why not send these flowers to say? Why not send these flowers to stage love Dad and Wendy.
Speaker 9: Good exactly, and thank you all. Thank you Ryan for saying this. It's so true.
Speaker 7: Because Wendy is not her family.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know what, Wendy, You have your answer right there.
Speaker 1: Wow, there you go. Did you hear that your husband thinks you're not part of the family. Full stop, period, end of stop yelling at him, you marry her. I didn't call I didn't call you. Wendy reached out to me.
Speaker 10: And as you, let's call up your husband with all.
Speaker 1: Do you respect Alex? Wendy reached out to me, saying, I don't test me.
Speaker 10: Dude, you're not respecting me. You are on my phone telling me how to live my life.
Speaker 7: Why don't you shut your mouth?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Why are you so mad?
Speaker 1: I just want to say that if you really step back and look at this, I'm helping you.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 1: This is a public service. If Wendy didn't reach out, you would have thought everything was fine. But it's not. And that's really why we're here now.
Speaker 10: Everything has been fine for a while because she is nuts. She is constantly questioning me and testing me, and I'm sick of it.
Speaker 9: This is the way a guilty person would speak of me.
Speaker 7: I'm so guilty that you've been hunting me.
Speaker 10: For clues about infidelity for like three years and hasn't found anything.
Speaker 7: So you call it Ryan.
Speaker 1: You do know who he is.
Speaker 7: You are ridiculous. Do not call me? Goodbye?
Speaker 1: Well, Alex, do you feel better now? He did hang up, but I think you got a real view of how he truly feels about you, and I don't think you deserve it, and I think raising his voice is guilt ridden.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, Wendy.
Speaker 1: We're gonna let you go or wish you the best of luck. Thank you for reaching out.
Speaker 9: Okay, no, this was key to getting my answer and I got it. Thank you, guys.
Speaker 1: You take good care. Bye, bye bye. It's Wendy and Anaheim. We just had a Ryan's roses here. I would say it was unique in a way. Wendy's married to Alex of two years, but before Alex had a child with another woman, his ex wife, and Wendy, his current wife, thinks he's still in love with his ex wife for several reasons, and so we got him on the line. He was not happy that we called him. He sent the roses to his daughter, good luck. We're both so proud of you. Love mom and dad. He didn't send the flowers from just dad or from Dad and Wendy, right, because Wendy would be the step mother. But what was very telling as he was screaming at me was he said, yeah, I did even put your name on the card because you're not part of the family that Tanya, how would you feel about that. You've got fiance, it's got kids. You didn't give birth to those kids, but you're part of the family.
Speaker 3: Gosh, you love them.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Robbie would never say.
Speaker 1: That, like, that's my point. A good person doesn't think like exactly.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so he started screaming about she can't find proof that he's cheating. And I mean, it is a blessing that she heard all of that the way she heard it, because that's who he is. That's truly who he is. He got the real raw side of the guy screaming. And when you raise your voice, you usually it's out of guilt and out of panic. And what Alex was not seeing was that we were trying to help out their relationship. He just saw us as a bunch of strangers meddling in his business. Well that's not the case, because I wouldn't even know Wendy or Alex if it weren't for his wife reaching out to us.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: It's not like I woke up and said I want to call Wendy this morning and find out about this guy named Alex. Right, I didn't think of anybody named Alex. Moy Wa woke up. I think anybody named Wendy I woke up. Leanne is on a West covena, so she heard the whole thing go down. It's called Ryan's Roses and basically there's no love there and it does seem like he's got a closer relationship with his ex wife. Are you there, Leanne?
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, I'm here, And I just, you know, I really feel sorry for Wendy.
Speaker 4: I mean, she's she's got a huge problem on.
Speaker 11: Her hands, you know what I mean. I saw, or I heard three red flags.
Speaker 4: One like the kiss on the lips, hello, and then who does that with her ex?
Speaker 11: And two like when he said love mom and dad and totally leaving Wendy out. That's just wrong and rude. And then the third thing I heard was when he said that Wendy's not her family.
Speaker 9: I mean she's a stepmom. Like, how is that not family?
Speaker 3: That is family?
Speaker 11: I mean he's totally eliminating her.
Speaker 3: And his anger issues.
Speaker 9: I mean that's just like guilt all over, you know. I feel aware for her.
Speaker 1: We got to the bottom of it. I mean she's feeling this because the guy's not present with her, and he basically, I mean, he spelled it out with clarity. So for now there's no question that she's not a priority. She's just not included and that's what's heartbreaking. But it's the truth, and that's what she was feeling. I mean, she knew she was feeling something and she heard it. She got to hear it. Unfortunately it was ugly, but she got to hear it. And that's what Ryan's roses is. And I leanne, I appreciate you listening to it in West Comina. You take good care today.
Speaker 11: Okay, Yeah, thanks Ryan?
Speaker 1: Bye you guys bye, take care. You know, it's remarkable. It's like, you know, when he falls for somebody, fell in love with somebody and then they're not the person you fell for. That's what I feel like happened here with this guy, Alex. Yeah, he just turned That's not who he sold himself.
Speaker 2: How does that happen?
Speaker 1: Because people sell themselves as what they're not.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: But don't you like, you can only sell yourself for so long or can they?
Speaker 1: Some people can really pull it.
Speaker 3: Off, you can't keep it up forever.
Speaker 1: Cracks. That's why I believe you got to live with somebody before. I know it's against conventional wisdom, but her thoughts or history or you know, tradition. But I told my mom early on it said, ma, get over it. I'm going to live with somebody before I marry them. Lived with a couple of people. But she's, you know, getting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my parents were the opposite. They wanted me to. They were like, live with someone before you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, because you really get to know, and you get to feel and you get to see. Right, Oh, that's it great. I'm kind of bummed, but I'm not bummed because we I think we helped out a huge Ryan's roses that she knows. Now Tanya's got a trending report. Now. You said going into that song that it may work for me.
Speaker 2: Because it's two tiered. This could work for you because I think you're so busy with work, so having a partner that can partake in this type of situation might be good for you. But then I also feel like maybe it won't be good for you because you like to be with somebody all the time. I don't know, let me explain and then.
Speaker 1: You decide to understand at all what you're talking about. So this is trending report apparently.
Speaker 2: So Cheryl Lee Ralph from Abbott Elementary she is sharing the secret behind her nineteen year marriage to politician Vincent Hughes, and that is not living together.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: No, so she says, you fall in love with somebody and you realize he's not leaving Philadelphia. He's a politician. I'm not leaving Hollywood. She's an actress. Every two weeks we saw each other and it has continued to work out well. She followed, never with for me, he has his own real career. I have my own real career. He has his light to stand in. I have my light to stand in. Nineteen years they've been married, and they've been making work like this because they have their own lives. But then they also make time every two weeks to be together and be intentional with that time.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, it would never work for me.
Speaker 3: Each their own each.
Speaker 1: For me, a relationship is like, I'm codependent. I want to be You're going to be shocked by this, but I want to be snugging. Snugging, not cuddling, but snugging.
Speaker 3: You just want them near you, you know.
Speaker 2: The same between snugging and cuddling, because you don't like.
Speaker 1: You have to get on your side or something like you're sitting up on each other leaning, you know, but it's snug on a cow snuggle.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not snuggy snugging. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is it not.
Speaker 2: The same thing.
Speaker 1: I can't even say the whole word snuggleling. I don't snag snugging. Snuggling, snugging snogg doesn't work for me. God, it works for them. If I'm in a relationship, I want to be there.
Speaker 5: My brother and his girlfriend or now fiance are kind of similar. No it's not so far away because they're in Long Beach at Anaheim Hills, but it's still they have their separate homes and they have because like they're kids are in different schools there and stuff.
Speaker 3: But and now they're engaged, and.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 1: Cracks. I wouldn't want it.
Speaker 2: I just feel like this could really re re imagine the way that when we have a caller call in and say the guy that I love is is moving he needs to move for work, and we can say, look, you can make it work.
Speaker 3: Just like, let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: Being that I'm the only married person here right now for almost eleven years, you can.
Speaker 1: Only say that for about two more months.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the length that I've been married, Mark's been married longer. But still when I got the flu in December and I went into our guest room and like quarantine in there for three days, even though I was sick, it was so nice just having a room to myself for three.
Speaker 1: That's and it was like guys weekend, a.
Speaker 5: Nice break, and I wasn't dealing with the kids. So I'm just saying there might be something here.
Speaker 1: This is why my buddies always like, hey, can I come over and just have the guy I used to watch a game? Yeah, yeah, No, it doesn't sound so fun.
Speaker 2: Friends, They're like, that's a party.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm like, yeah, all right, Well, thank you for that Chuning report. Okay, we're gonna go out to Cypress here this morning. Got Rose on the line to play password. Good morning Rose. How are you?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 4: Ryan?
Speaker 9: I'm fine, How are you doing great?
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening in Cyprus.
Speaker 9: You're welcome. I love your show. I've met you once or twice too.
Speaker 1: Oh really, where were we?
Speaker 7: My daughter God.
Speaker 4: Years ago, we won tickets to go to your radio station to see Selena Gomez like you had like a breakfast for her, so we went out there and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so good. And how old was your daughter then?
Speaker 3: She was twelve?
Speaker 1: And how old is she now?
Speaker 9: She's twenty four?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you've had it a look. We've been at it for a minute, all of us here, including you, Mop. Yes, all right, so Rose, look forward to meeting you again at some point. Let's play password in the meantime. This is for tickets to go see Tavid Great, she's got a sold out show. Now here's how the game works. Those of us in the room and everybody listening will know the password, but you will not. We will give you one word to clues, and based on that clue, you try and guess what the password is.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, how many challences do I get?
Speaker 1: Though? We I don't know. We play it by are we roll with it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're the first person to ask and yeah.
Speaker 1: No one really asked that, so I don't know. Let's see how it go. And she's on hold, so let Mark do your thing. The password is sandwich, all right, okay, And I'm thinking about that. Okay, got it. Here we go, Sising you want to start. Okay, here we go, Rose. She's going to give you a one word clue so you can guess the word turkey.
Speaker 8: Turkey, thanks gimmy, subway, which I mean, you're one of the best at the game, right there, you got it?
Speaker 1: Congratulations, thank you, awesome? Which was the password?
Speaker 2: I would never have guessed it.
Speaker 1: You took turkey and subway. I mean I think she thought turkey and like transportation, you know, right, so I think you you used.
Speaker 3: Yours the subway.
Speaker 1: Well done, Yeah, well done.
Speaker 11: Okay, yes, yes, let's.
Speaker 1: Take care of Rose. There. Tell me what was going to be your clue.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say lunch.
Speaker 1: That's a good one, turkey subway, lunch. I think she would have gotten it. Yeah, and she did get it anyway, but.
Speaker 3: I think like that was sub.
Speaker 2: Huh with your clue subway, I would have guessed sub I would not have said sandwich.
Speaker 1: No, nobody couldn't be because I said subway. Yes, yes, so you actually have been disqualified.
Speaker 2: But you had used the word in your clue before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then you guys told me that I wouldn't able to do that. For about ten minutes. So Zoe dinner Estein. Let's talk about her for a second. I want to give you a gofund me page here. So obviously so many pages have gone up recently people who need help. This week, we're trying to amplify. Anybody that's listening it wants to amplify their GoFundMe pages or friends go fundme pages. So Zoe reached out to us and said, Luis is her UPS driver and they become friendly over the last handful of years. And Winnie, their dog, is obsessed with Luis, so there's a bond between the dog and the UPS driver, And so Zoe reached out to him to make sure he was okay with all the fires, and he said he was safe, but two members of his family lost everything. She started a drive for them with people bringing things to her house, as well as trying to get people to donate to their go fundme page as well as to Venmo so she could get gift cards for the two families. And she's on the line with us right now. So many heartwarming, great stories coming out of this crisis and this disaster, Zoe and yours is one of them. Thank you first of all, for listening and reaching out to us. How you doing.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much for having me. I really appreciate you guys letting me tell this little story.
Speaker 1: It's such It is a little story, but a big, beautiful story in the wake of what we're going through. So tell me how you felt and what you learned when you reached out to Luis, your ups driver.
Speaker 11: So I just reached out to him to make sure he was okay. I knew he lived on the east side. I wasn't sure if it was in Altadina, And he told me he was luckily okay, him and his wife were okay and his girls, but that his niece and his cousin.
Speaker 9: Both lost absolutely everything, and.
Speaker 11: She was just wondering if I'd be okay, sent me it goes hun me and I was like, of course, let me help.
Speaker 7: I would love to help.
Speaker 11: And let me, you know, try to gather my friends and family and everyone I know or don't know to try to help, because you know, this is the time we all really got to join in and help the one love and help the ones we don't know, and kind of come together as a community.
Speaker 1: What made you reach out to Louise? I mean you've got friends, you've got family. He's your unis driver. You must do a lot of online shopping or something. What made you reach out to him?
Speaker 11: He he's been our driver for a handful of years. We've lived in the same place, and our dog, Winnie is obsessed with him and always brings her treats. So when he is literally down the street, she knows. She's waiting at the window, crying and wagging her tail.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that the image of that in my head is cute, is so sweet.
Speaker 11: She has a golden retriever, so you that image is probably correct. So any any brown truck. First off, she's excited and you know, thinking it's Louise, but it's not, obviously. And so you know, I hadn't seen him in a couple of days, and so I just texted him and made sure he was okay, and you know, kind of just checking in with the people in our lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and how's the West doing? Have you spoken to him recently?
Speaker 10: I have.
Speaker 11: I actually talked to him this morning. I've been talking to him every day, just to kind of check in again. He's okay, but his family is really you know, they're struggling so they're one of the lucky ones that actually got into a hotel for the time being. So they're all staying together and you know, losing his family are chipping in and everyone's kind of cooking for them, but they don't have anything. So I actually started Amazon wishless last night for them that will be shipped to Louise's house and it's just under like Buzman's Family wish List. Yeah, and the hope is that we can get some things to get them started again, you know, the basics and the sad I mean, it's obviously, of course very sad for anyone, but there's kids involved. There's a three year old and a six year old, and so it's probably you know, pretty confusing for them, and they lost all their toys and they lost their sense of safety. You know, they're not adults yet and they don't really understand a natural disaster. So it's it's it's hard.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking. So if you are hearing this story of Zoe and her talking about her ups driver, you can help the two families that we've been speaking of that have lost everything. On GoFundMe if you want to help, you can look for one set up by Luis and Emily Guzman.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yes, please, please, please, anything will help.
Speaker 1: Reis in Emily Guzman, I'm just looking up. I was looking up UPS because when you talk about Winnie seeing the brown truck and how special that moment is, I was looking at UPS's marketing and they say UPS marketing strategy is a testament to the power of consistency, customer focus, innovation, and community engagement. So they actually pride themselves on the connection they have with the community. And that's a beautiful thing in this moment.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it really, it really is.
Speaker 11: I mean we've we've been in the same place for almost five years and he's been here the whole time.
Speaker 1: When he needs a treat. Thank you so much for talking to us.
Speaker 11: Thank you guys, really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You take good care, and thank you for it's such a good human you take and thinking of you Luise and your family and those families affected too that you know that is going to wrap it up for us this morning. On kiss tomorrow, we're back paying your bills one thousand dollars every hour. So if you're flying anytime soon, don't do this. The top three things that annoy flight attendants match game. Also tomorrow morning we will play that. If you missed anything on the show, Sisney and Michael's secret recording, you can hear that in our podcast. I've got to start off on the right foot. We had a Ryan Roses this morning. Well he pinned other women on the wall not on the wall now, and Sysney took it. She got offended. It's a great audio. I mean it's on a podcast later. Okay, backroom, we'll see at the meeting. Thank you guys very much. Yes, great morning this morning. Hug your loved one, Stay safe. We'll talk in the morning. Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again tomorrow