Speaker 1: He is drink chess, motherfucking podcast man.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary queen's rapper. He ain't agreed that your boy in O R E D's a Miami hip hop pioneer p up as DJ.
Speaker 1: E f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean, and.
Speaker 2: The most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk d chansy days New Year.
Speaker 1: C that's it's time for drink champions. Drink up, mother, would it gonna be? Hope? Swishing me? Your boy n A O N A A.
Speaker 3: What up is d J e f N like through the Spanish real quick a little bit. We gotta arguably one of the best producer of all times. These guys have, both of them, have controlled Summers, has controlled my summer, Summers Summer, Harriet.
Speaker 1: This guy's got a hot hand.
Speaker 4: They head together making I think they making an album.
Speaker 1: We're not sure they making from the time. It's about goddamn time because New York City have been waiting for it.
Speaker 3: The motherfucker mag Limmerson Dynamic Duo Right now, motherfucker brow.
Speaker 1: Now, I gotta off top. We gotta give y'all bottle on Champagne. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, let's get let's give him the cold ones you want. You wanna start with Champagne, even though I feel like you want to Killer Guy, Bahamas, Bahamas, but you proper Champagne. I'm doing what you're doing, okay, all right? Cool?
Speaker 2: Cool, cool?
Speaker 1: You sure? I feel like you avaka guy. I'm doing what you're doing, all right? Cool on whatever you do, Popper Champagne.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you because that's that record right there, that's one of my favorite records of all times.
Speaker 1: It's one of the rec is that I hear.
Speaker 3: You know here, you always you there's always a record that you hear and be like, man, I wish I.
Speaker 1: Made that ship.
Speaker 3: That's one of those records for me because I really Pop Champagne. You just had uh the homie on the phone, and you know that's That's what our section of Queen's is about. It's about Pop and Champagne. Bring all three. We're giving them all their own bottle. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Don't don't waste my ship.
Speaker 1: Don't waste my ship.
Speaker 3: So so let's let's let's describe that real quick brows.
Speaker 4: That record was yours at first. Yeah, okay, so how does happen? Uh, you know, trying to learn auto tune? Okay, I created it was in the crib creating this beat, and I didn't really know how to work the auto tune like that. So that's why I'm pop Champagne. You hear the clear out of the drums. I didn't really know how to people. You know, I don't know how to work the auto tune and.
Speaker 5: How early what years is? Because Way was just really getting big at the time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kind of actually heard fifty cent I'm a rider, That's who I got the idea for. I'm like, yo, I'm gonna do a party record like that, okay, And people.
Speaker 1: Were picking the talking about the pop campaign part.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you the orderto P because that's what okay, okay, that's how pop. People were picking dark beats from me. So I'm like, I gotta.
Speaker 3: Do it because yeah, we'll get back to that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you a party beat because they was picking dark beats for me, I'm like, I need a single, you know what I mean. I was getting the h like the album cuts, so you know, I created that record a couple couple of my dudes was like, Yo, that's fire. Brung it up to DJ Enough and he was like, Yo, this joint is crazy.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, so you bring into enoughing Enough play that on the radio. Yeah, I was your version. Yeah, it was just by myself. Continue and yeah it was.
Speaker 4: It was just by myself because I was bringing the records and he was like, nah, it ain't it.
Speaker 1: Dang't it. Then when I brung that joint, he was like, Yo, that's it.
Speaker 4: And then uh, I've seen gym outside No, no, just like outside New York when the clubs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was like, y'all heard that joint. That's like you want to get on the remix? He was like, yeah, that's how we went to the studio and got it done.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just give everybody their own bottle. Yeah, you get everybody their own bottle. This is you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely, yes, yes, yes, solo sold sold So we don't know if you know, but our show was about giving people their flowers. Give you all your motherfucker flowers while y'all can smell them, while you can think them and you drink or you can drink them.
Speaker 3: So let'st's just start it off early, man, Let's give them these more buckers. They flowers.
Speaker 1: God damn it. Hell yeah hell yea.
Speaker 2: Fire, yes, yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: But fine website. You you are island DJ Opera. Yes, you'll be everywhere. I ran to see you a few times. Yes, I can't go to the like the Risk Islands.
Speaker 4: You go to, okay, because every week hey man, hey man, hey man.
Speaker 1: That's photo shop. Photo shop. But how did you well, you're a DJ Pryor. I mean, I know it's DJ WebStar, but you know a lot of people have that DJ name and and really wasn't Djail you know what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, Like doctor Drake is not really a doctor.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. I don't know if you don't. Yeah, but you was, so he was the DJ before you was.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I come home with the bottles that's in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, all right, cool, I shouldn't put those bottles here because I want I want them to have their bottles.
Speaker 1: Next to them. You know what I'm saying. I'm sorry. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I come from a block horse Spiller Hill Scriller in Harlem, and okay, DJ s Ands was like living in the next building. Yeah, Like so I grew up watching him through the parties, and and you know he used to giveaways. He used to give away fifty four elevens so boxy.
Speaker 1: He do team party.
Speaker 2: So when I became of age, I started doing the same kind of thing I used to be, like products and different things like Nikeople and all that.
Speaker 1: And I started DJing my own party. I knew it was coming. I still yeah, yeah, I started DJing good in.
Speaker 2: About my twelfth grade in hospital, about two thousand and two thousand and one, okay, And then from me, I just started breaking my own records at my party. I just started feeding records and smart and then and then, you know, since I had the crowd coming to see me, I said, you know, I broke chicken new soups at one of my team parties, and and the rest.
Speaker 1: Is like history.
Speaker 2: From there, I started getting too music from I because I wasn't really even doing music.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny. I thought about you the other day, and it's crazy you hit me, but I was going to hit you. This is cool called Real Crew.
Speaker 3: Uh we run uptown right, and how they how they stretch It's the chicken noodle soup they do.
Speaker 1: The dance, but they stretch it. It's like the most amazing ship loads. Yeah yeah, yeah, yes, yeah, yes, yeah, yeah yeah. I have your bottles. You know what I'm saying. Three people from we got over here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, flaps bottles when you drinking it low.
Speaker 3: She'll come over here, said, you know what I mean. That's Jamie Man. She went the show demonstration.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Jami, so ahead. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, like I started at the top of the year, I started, I was going one hundred days right with no alcohol.
Speaker 1: Top of the year. He was doing dry January. That's what somebody said, dr January. Yeah, I was doing that, and then.
Speaker 2: You know, we were talking about doing this for a minute and then as soon as I go on my one hundred day detos coming you.
Speaker 1: Want to do this?
Speaker 3: So so what do you now? Let's be clear, you produced ticket in the soup.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, so I held right in I produced it. Yeah, okay, So it's.
Speaker 2: Kind of similar. Like my staff back then was pretty much the same thing, like like how Cali does it? You know, I had like tea on the tail, I had Bianca, I had you know, t rexsmen move wrong brown help me producers. Right, So I just I got all my friends together that what's what's.
Speaker 3: The girl from Queen's Girl from Queen Oh Beautyty she came.
Speaker 2: She came a little bit after I started Chickenoso because you know me, Bonca had that little fallout, so I had to find another female artist.
Speaker 1: So so she hat to be Brutie. She to.
Speaker 2: We're all good, we're all family now and all that. But yeah, so I pretty much put a compilation not together for my first album, just just highlighting all the people in all them who had talent, who I was friends with, and then you know, that's what it.
Speaker 1: So I produced all the records and.
Speaker 2: Got Browns help me to produce some of them, and yeah, that's pretty much it.
Speaker 3: So let me ask a million dollar question. It's female artists harder to work with.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. You know, you got to think about it.
Speaker 2: How many record labels you know got more than one female artists on it, or how many female artists you have ever seen break another female artist?
Speaker 1: It's just don't happen, think about it. That's a that's a good point.
Speaker 3: The first point is because a lot of them can't afford heir makeup.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The second is, like you know, talking about regulation yeah, but that's a part of the process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But the second one, how many female artists put on another female artist.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think it don't happen. I've seen Foxy put on he was under about it, think about it.
Speaker 2: But sweat all the famous, rich female artists we have, and none of them ever said I'm gonna put out another female artist on my leg.
Speaker 1: Directly under that right here, this is my artist, right yeah, I haven't really And if you.
Speaker 2: Think about it, like business wise, that'd be that'd be a small business move because you're already inhaerited your fan base if you put somebody younger.
Speaker 1: But females don't like to work with other females.
Speaker 3: It's just respectfully to women, right, respectfully, there's something certain male artists that you work with and be like, I don't want to work with artists periody.
Speaker 1: So is it really just a ladies thing or is it more of a diva a diva dawn thing, don diva thing? How about that? I'm the honest with you.
Speaker 2: I think it's the ladiest thing because we never seen it, right, you know what I'm saying, We never seen it. Like even if you don't like, you know, we see males pulling on all the males, see males putting on females, but.
Speaker 3: Didn't Beyonce put on Halle Berry, Helly Bailey, Chloe, and Chloe Chloe Chloe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't be one. I don't know you co signed. The more I mean, you could go back for help, money love put money.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay, I mean but look after you gotta go back the game is ring, the game is ring, go back to be like you gotta give credit.
Speaker 1: To you right to That's that's like my that's like my mom. Yeah, but yeah, yeah, it just don't happen that way, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's just like I just feel like, you know, when the female get the lights, she wants the light for herself most of the time. But I would love to see some female artists get together and bring out some younger female artists and like bridge the gap between the young and Oh that's why. So it's a gap between either it's two ratchet or too old. There's never no medium for the female.
Speaker 5: Like glow Riller with MC light, the way you put that together doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: She makes it.
Speaker 4: Like something like that. So so brows. What are you prefer.
Speaker 3: Being an artist, be in the front of the camera or being behind the camera.
Speaker 4: Well, in front of the camera got me to be able to tour and see the world. And I just like the creative process of making an artist sound hot. So I like that part. But being an artist, man, you get to travel, you get all.
Speaker 1: The perks, right, So you want to be an artist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you had a chance to pick one, you would pick the artist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you get to see more.
Speaker 2: Man, this nigga did the most of the most legendary beasts of all time.
Speaker 1: Niggas did the bondis for for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm doing that from the crib though, Like I get as an artist, I got to go to Japan, go to Africa, I went to I've seen a lot of places. So yeah, as a producer, you get you just staying in crib and create.
Speaker 1: With the place you have the most pussy act.
Speaker 6: New York Okay, but you know I love overseas though, Yeah, over seas overseas with Japan, long time, like France, France, Okay, you know cons and all that.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah that water France. Parents don't wear them. I don't mind my niggas.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm stand Yeah, like some at some point I think I'm gonna stop wearing. I'm like I want that other ship cargo.
Speaker 1: Yes, I see the s car go, Yes I do.
Speaker 3: So what's your favorite place to perform at?
Speaker 1: Bahamas? Bahamas?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, I love the Bahamas. I got a residency out there, so I'm out there like talk to you like like eight times a year.
Speaker 1: Okay. It was matter of fact, when.
Speaker 2: I raned you, it was like the anniversary of drink Sham.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah, we had a good time.
Speaker 2: You actually extended your state so you can come to I appreciate that. Yeah, yeah, Muhamads.
Speaker 3: Who's an artist you got to work with and and you were kind of like disappointed or they didn't they didn't meet the standards.
Speaker 4: No, I feel like every artist I work with this document Nas Nikki hey By, they all them drinks?
Speaker 1: Was was his? Okay, So like I was gonna wait for it, but it all right. You get this call from Nas.
Speaker 3: Is this your first big call or you had you had already did the Bonyx. So what was your biggest record besides that before that?
Speaker 7: He bony Yeah, yeah, this is ak so you can just call from Nas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what does he say to you? Yeah, I want you to come here. What I did to the record? Okay, okay, wait, you got the record too, right the way I love it? Okay, hold on, So.
Speaker 4: You got to get the record to him first? How does the record get to him? At that time in New York City? You had to be a known producer. Swiss was running it, Timberland, Pharrell shout out to Greece. They were they were getting busy, so when I was making my rounds, you had to kind of give it to somebody's uh yeah. And also we kind of me and my manager at the time for us snugget to his travel agent. Oh wow, travel agent you know, delivered the CD. It's about thirty joints on it went through the whole thirty joints like this, Where was.
Speaker 1: Where was that joint? On place? On on a CD seventeen? He had to go joint legend seventeen. I still got to see that.
Speaker 3: So so so he calls you or someone else's.
Speaker 4: Cause you I think his labels A and RNA is in the studio. Come to the studio. Okay, Yeah, So I get there and Nas is eating fruit. It's just him and the engineer. So I'm thinking, I'm just thinking he's gonna play me a regular street record, like YO play the record for him and I hit a f jay Z at the ball.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what is happening right now? What's happening? I've never really heard your side. Yeah, I'm like, all right, So, because you already know who you're not working with. Had you work with Rocketfeller prior to that.
Speaker 4: You know what's crazy? Before that, my man kind of knew. Shout to my man Doug, he knew hip hop. Okay, and I went to Baseline to play Stay Property Beats and Beanie was dubbing my ship, which.
Speaker 1: Is dubbing me next one next Okay.
Speaker 4: I got a thirty clip on this beast like next one, next one.
Speaker 1: Here's here's the boss back.
Speaker 3: But here's the craziest question on the d out of that thirty clip was one that was Ether in one of them.
Speaker 4: Possibly I don't oh.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 4: But hip hop came to my crib and I gave him. I gave him the bea CD with Ether on there, and I was like, give it to j because he was getting beasts for JA.
Speaker 1: But he never gave it to him. That's crazy. Yeah, so it was there was a chance jay Z could have got you. Yeah, you could have got hold on, hold on. I'm sorry, I was distracted. Wait what you said?
Speaker 4: Hip Hop came to my crib huh and I gave him beats for jay Z and one of the beats was there. Yeah, so jay Z had to eat the beat.
Speaker 1: He could add it. Yeah, he physically had it. No hip hop had it.
Speaker 3: Hip hop had it, so hip hop could have gave that close enough. You know how crazy life is, Holy ship, imagine that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he did with the CD man where he left the building. Okay, So so all right listen, So now what studio over there? I feel like it's on the right track, right track, okay, forty eighth Street, forty eighth Street, Okay, a gold door. Yeah so I did super Thug.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you walk in, he says, you hear the intro, he says, chilling.
Speaker 1: You hear the intro?
Speaker 4: He said, funk jay Z. You say to yourself, what's happening? What's happening?
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is good or bad? Right? Right? Right?
Speaker 4: And you're a fan of jay Z smoking at the time, like, Yo, what's happening?
Speaker 1: Like, I ain't getting no, he's going to beat this and jay Z on this. You're okay with that?
Speaker 4: It was one of the calls like that, right, So he play it. He's like, what do you think, m bro? But you know I'm trying to I'm trying to get to the back. So I'm like, guy, I gotta roll with the punches.
Speaker 1: But is it true? It was a different version. It was the worst version.
Speaker 4: I never heard the version, okay, but you heard yeah, I heard them. Okay, I heard about it too.
Speaker 1: I heard yeah. I didn't hear that version. I just heard the version everybody else. Okay, all right, cool, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm supposed to build up to this, but I just got to just go straight in.
Speaker 1: So Battle of the Beats happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they playing the JA version, then they playing the NAS versions is refutably winning.
Speaker 1: Yeah. How does that feel for you? Man?
Speaker 4: I'm getting so many phone calls because people know you did it.
Speaker 1: No, like internally, like nobody don't really know. I was new. Nobody don't really know. But you know, my.
Speaker 4: Friends, this is just crazy. And you know that they stopped the radio just to play those two records.
Speaker 1: That was you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know how they say pull over New York City. I actually think I was pulled over. Shout out the case, you know, making sure the vote when even because they felt like God, bless Angie, I just God, bless you too.
Speaker 1: I did that was it was a tumble, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Blessed Angie and blessed everybody, but a lot of them was like more on jay Z side, but they were calculating the vote. So Casel actually went up there to make sure of his which is crazy. Case together, you and Case have a relationship. Was that okay? So he just did that on the street. Okay, right, so you hear this.
Speaker 1: You hear this.
Speaker 3: Definatively, Nasa is winning like from from Afar, Like I'm just looking back, you know, from Queens. So you know what I'm saying, Like I got a relationship with Jay, but I'm you know, nas person. I grew up with this person I looked up to. You know what I'm saying, Okay, he's the feelinity winning. Now it's the record labels. How does this process work?
Speaker 1: Because you just made a tight cool helped the tight cool defeat another ty coon. Yeah, now's just work coming for you at abundance or is it gonna come and slow? Pause? It's it's slow because nobody don't know who did it.
Speaker 4: Nobody don't know who did it. It wasn't it. I ain't have no tag.
Speaker 1: Attack. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So my managed like, we gotta go outside. Nobody don't know you did the record. So then I start going outside and clubbing, and it's like yo, oh yo, let me get one. You get it, yo, let me and then.
Speaker 1: Y'll let me get that something like ether.
Speaker 4: Let me get something that sound like that, and then that trickle down like that. But then that's what I'm saying. I was only getting street records because they wanted a the Beat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, at that time, people were coming up to you saying, can I get a like can I get a eight the beat? Te? You know, just I guess they mean a beat aggression, you know, and what you're getting tired of trying to make it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I was just getting album cut, you know, I did. I did I whoop your head boy for fifty cents. Yeah, so that kind of had like that aggressiveness too. But you know that was on the soundtrack, but it wasn't like a radio racket, so I was opposed.
Speaker 1: To check it was great.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, yo, I gotta make a commercial commercial beat. And that's how pop Champione came. Okay, you don't know whaty no?
Speaker 1: Hold?
Speaker 3: Actually both a question quick, and I want you all to answer this because I'm not qualified to answer at all.
Speaker 1: I am not what's happening in Harlem right now.
Speaker 4: So I think it's it's brothers that's having, you know, mean, some internal problems.
Speaker 1: And I think it's no O g.
Speaker 4: To be like yo, yeah, shouldn't handle that off.
Speaker 2: Like I was telling J like we ain't got no ogs, you know what I'm saying, Like you gotta remember like like the levels of hip hop from Harlem, like like the ogs would from from from dim Set would be like a.
Speaker 1: Like a Dougie Fresh all. You know what I'm saying. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they even had a connection or Dougie was like in the streets with them like that.
Speaker 1: It's like that's how.
Speaker 2: Holl the niggas do, like we snap on each other the worst time you bumpass nigga did it. So it's just translating onto what niggas get serious like he like, remember the time you got Jollim, the time you ran them. They just teasing each other. But at the end of the day, them niggas always get back together. Every time they have something, they get back together, even even Cam and Mace. So that's just just the dynamics of how hallowed people do. Like it's just it's a weird thing, like, well, humiliate each other and they can forget each other. They yeah, yeah, jesus, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If we clap for that or not. I don't think.
Speaker 4: To this DJ enough you who just said DJ no, holy shit, Hello, damn.
Speaker 1: I got you locked in. I love I'm live on the podcast. We just said your name.
Speaker 3: I was gonna put you, I was gonna put you on the on the speaker phone. But I don't like setting people up like that. What well, I you sure you want to say it?
Speaker 1: All right? Hit me back? Cool? Cool, got nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's the Yeah, man, I'll tell you this, that's what I would would do say. I know them both. I know all parties. I love all parties, and I hope they work it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah at that point, yeah, I mean especially for hip hop. You know what I'm saying, Like them them niggas is they did like just groundbreaking ship just to you know, just to move the culture.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like the movie they had, like the whole Discent movement is like I've never seen a movement like that before.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They like like you know, maybe Wu Tang and this like like like like the influence was just like out of this world. So I hope they can get.
Speaker 3: And so let me ask you, well, did you actually give Jim Jones that record that it wound up actually be because that we did.
Speaker 1: We did some business. Okay, okay, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: The money was right and uh we did some business and a shout out to Jim, you know what I mean. He understood with the with the record need as far as the visual and he just understood where I was at with it, and you know, we did some business. I think the streets got it kind of messed up, but you know, we got some money to what you mean what you mean because like you said, he was like, oh is your record is his?
Speaker 1: And his record?
Speaker 4: So he just kind of once the record, you know, got you know took off. We just kind of did some business, you know what I mean. It ain't nothing wrong doing no business.
Speaker 3: Now, it was a rumor that you and Jim were supposed to do the whole joint album together.
Speaker 1: No, no, I heard that wrong. Yeah, you heard that wrong. We spoke, I mean we spoke about that in recent Yeah, like we need to go back to Champagne. No, no, no, Jesus, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well, so he tells a story about about the Pop Champagne and it's kind of like it kind of my story because he don't tell that story quite how I remember it. Browns right, because I remember me and Browns was working on the album. Were working on the album called two for the Money, right, And I think for like a week, I can't go to the studio. So Browns called me like, you're web I want you to hit his joint going downtown. Were in front of club like Temple on fiftieth Street. He played me Pop Champagne Magic. We me and him working on the albums. I'm like, oh shit, I can't wait to do my verse to this. He goes, you ain't getting a person, So boom he does the record. We worked the record like he said.
Speaker 1: Enough broke it. Boom boom boom.
Speaker 2: We went him out to like every record label to try to get the record, like and everybody passed on that.
Speaker 1: I mean we was going, remember what the city saying, how are you feeling it?
Speaker 3: So boom before was popping up right now is getting this?
Speaker 1: Is it getting started?
Speaker 2: So me, I was a little mad because I wasn't on the record, but I was happy he had the record. So my so like my thing was, I'm gonna go on my own Browns hold and break the record once he Once he got on, I was able to double back and do dancing on me and I used the same formula.
Speaker 1: The auto tune put jim and Jewel's on the record.
Speaker 2: And I was able to go and get a deal from there. But the crazy thing about that is the same thing happened with the record. I was on the record by myself. DJ Enough is playing on the radio. I think the nigga had to go to the bathroom of son because the nigga played this shit like three times in a row, not even he just played it.
Speaker 1: I get a call from Yandy.
Speaker 2: Yandy like web, Jimmy and Jewels want to get on the record.
Speaker 1: So mindule, I'm.
Speaker 2: Watching what they just deal with pop shap but the record is already out. Dancing on Me came right after pop Shampaign, like by yourself myself. So now I'm all the way to the studio to meet Jimmy and Juels. Now mind you, I' from Hallan, but I'm younger, so I didn't really know like that, Like I knew where he was, they knew we wasn't friends. On the way to the studio, this store, he's math funny. On the way to the studio, I get a call from Akon. I don't know a Kon, but Red Cafe was signedtown, so Red Cafe heard the shit on the radio too. He's like, yo, A can't want to talk to you. A can't get on the phone and say yo, way, I want to make you the next ta pay and I want to put the record on my album.
Speaker 1: Da Da Da Da Da. So now I'm like, oh, ship a car call me.
Speaker 2: I get to the studios to talk to gym.
Speaker 1: And On about the record. So you know me, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know nothing about the business. I'm thinking I'm going down there. I'm gonna name drop, get some levers on whatever they want to do. So I'm like, I get to the studio, Jim is there. This is the first time I ever met Dame dash By the way.
Speaker 1: Did he rank on you? Yes? Okay, this is this is this is so me. So I get to the studio, I see Dame. Somebodys. I'm a homncker.
Speaker 2: I grew up like idalyzing, like all the Lesson's Dame and all that, So I'm happy to be there. He's talking me about the record. I'm like, yeah, man, a con just call me. I've been thinking about doing the ship with him, because theyre trying to get me to do the record with them and you know, put it out through cons and then going to do another deal with Steve Riurkins. So as soon as I say a call wanted to get on the record with me, they start screaming, Oh, this thing don't want to go to jail, this thing.
Speaker 1: Wanna be a content.
Speaker 2: He just started snapping over me right there in the studio, right me and him, going back and forth.
Speaker 1: He just he up. He kept telling me I want to go to jail. I won't be a corvid because I don't put a call on the record. He was just be a fuddy though. That's when all of the ship.
Speaker 2: Long story, Sure, I ended up not doing the A con version with it was like a it was a car Red Cafe and five. They did their own version. I ended up doing a version with with Jim j Okay and I ended up doing a version with Jim and Juels in the record Who you.
Speaker 1: Said, another version of it acon Red Cafe and five?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, it never came out though, But so that was that story there. But I always blame Browns for this too, because you was you was no, I'm gonna tell you what else? Well, because you ain't say, I just gonna say it. Nor so when you know he did he did the ether joint. His name is Ethan Boy, so boom.
Speaker 1: As soon as we so, as soon as we come out with these autotoone records.
Speaker 2: He got a number one record, I got a top five record. We running around going crazy. Jay Z come with death a auto tune. So now I'm like, what's that?
Speaker 1: This ain't my beef brown Wait?
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, wait a minute, hold on, but he said too much t painting.
Speaker 2: No, so you missing it? So Boom, I don't think you've seen this Norriy.
Speaker 1: So it was a time. It was about two.
Speaker 2: Thousand and eight, and I we made the Autotoo records, right, And what what people don't know about our.
Speaker 4: Deals is I'm sorry say that against two thousand and so he made he made he made prop Champaign in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: I made Dance with Me two thousand and nine at Aginning, right. So around that time, that's fresh off of than Jim Jones jay Z Beef. Remember he had their balling. I remember he dissing the ball in Jim. We did this shit to bailing over there. So now jay Z and then you got Dan Dash fresh off the leaving the rocket for the thing that's with Jim. So Dan Dash helped facilitate my deal. I don't know if help facilitation do too, but I know he was in a lot of the meetings with you was selling here, right, So Dan was like behind the scenes with a lot of the things that me and Browns was doing just just for the particular record.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't a.
Speaker 2: Coincidence that he made the defaultal turn around that time. Now here's anybody was talking about t pain. But when we did Summer Jam that year, I don't know. I don't know if you remember this. Whenever Dip said this summer Jam, they always have to go last because they came with three thousand niggas. So they were like, let's put these niggas last. Nothing to do, they said, So we about to come out. So about about about three weeks before Summer Jam, for Messer Flex and God basit that MISSISSIPI.
Speaker 1: They going the radio going crazy. I'm in Vigia. I forget I may call me on the phone, he said.
Speaker 8: For Flex is like Webster ron Brows finished out here all on to his dad, Flex going crazy, right, and mister C coming in with the finishing.
Speaker 1: They trained the ship. I was trading.
Speaker 2: Hey good over and over again.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm getting humiliated business calling him snormy.
Speaker 2: So now I'm I'm a Virginia.
Speaker 1: Right. I never forget this.
Speaker 2: I made a tweet, I said, Yo, y'all hear old ass jay Z hating a forty year old billionaire can't relate to. I'm just drunk. I'm tweeting some bump ship. I ain't know how powerful Twitter was.
Speaker 1: Mand some more a yeah, drink some more shot.
Speaker 9: Whatever you're doing, give me a shot.
Speaker 1: You got you act for the shot. Okay, you give vodka. Used to be wanting to shout the vacca two shoots of vacca, tell something you want dripping boom so boom. So now I made these tweets right, all right, So what did you say to your tweets? Exactly?
Speaker 2: I could pull the shit up, but I said, I said, I said, a forty year old, a forty year old, a forty year old rapper, you can never relate to an at old k in the hood.
Speaker 1: And but I said, do you see old ash jay Z hating? Right? So it was crazy because every interview jay.
Speaker 2: Z was going to on the radio, they was asking him, like, you can't be taking this young kid webstace there is And Jays was.
Speaker 1: Like, not he a young kid. He don't know no better. If he knew better, he'd do.
Speaker 2: But I was just so happy that nigga knew he was. I was like, all right, put it. So now I get a phone call from Diddy. Now around this time, I'm running around with him, like two thousand and nine all that, so Food called me and I'm running around with public every day at this point, so I guess you know, he like he telling me like I'm like a representation at him.
Speaker 1: Come.
Speaker 2: He cold signed, I'm like, you run around me, you know how puff talk, and then he cursed me the fuck out, like he said, you want to you want to jump in the swimming pool, or you want to play with the sharks.
Speaker 1: That's what you told him.
Speaker 2: So what he meant was what he meant by that was pauls. What you meant by that was like, Nigga, don't be playing with the shops.
Speaker 1: Don't don't funk with don't say nothing about Jay, especially when you're wenning around with me. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So everybody was like everybody was hitting me, like blow made a tweet.
Speaker 1: I was on tour abo about the time.
Speaker 2: He made a tweet like yo, yo, yo bro, I wish you would have I wish you would have higher at me before you before you seriously, I want to say, yo, wish you would how he tweeting me, I was on the price of fame, showing him he's like yo yo, he said, yo, private planes no, but.
Speaker 1: I was on the price of fame. So I was.
Speaker 2: So boom, so ball wall goes and goes, he goes, Yo, I wish you to high at me before you.
Speaker 1: Said something to and I just rolle him back. I'm like, man, I ain't never.
Speaker 2: Hear Biwall jay Z record right, and the nigga blocked me.
Speaker 1: I'm walking tour and ship anyway. Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait time just say there where he blocked you? Yeah, he blocked me on Twitter? Okay?
Speaker 3: So boom oh okay, and didn't I didn't kick you up a tour for real, for real or like that's spot dings just okay.
Speaker 2: I just didn't get caught on No More days day Okay. So so everybody kind of like here you ever go, Like like jay Z's indercry is different.
Speaker 1: So back to Summer Jam. I'm hype.
Speaker 2: I'm like, we got the hottest records in the city. Social Boy got an Autoto touring record called hop Up on My Beds on My Swag.
Speaker 1: So we was gonna close this now.
Speaker 2: If you look at the Dancing on Me video, right, A lot of people don't know this, right, uh. Jim Jones took the girls from the Beyonce video from the single Lady's video with the Leo Toads and he put them in the video in the same leads while he did a scene like like the jay Z video. So he was doing like little subliminal shots that Jay in the video. I didn't really understand him at that time. So now we got Summer Jam and we said, Yo, listen, we're gonna do a funeral for Auto Tune Brows will do pop she in pain? You gonna do dancing on me? So gonna do We're gonna go crazy. But more we was talking kind of go make like a mockery of the.
Speaker 1: Jay Z ship.
Speaker 2: So jay Z ain't go to the Summer gam for god knows how many years.
Speaker 1: We backstage about an.
Speaker 2: Hour before we come out, my manager Fish come back and say a board mission you ever seen you ever seen? Yeah, yeah you have seen leaning on me? He's like cold til yeah, that's it. He came back there, the whole crowd going crazy. Now jay Z is so powerful, Like you could watch the screen of the show from backstage when whenever it's someone on the screens with black so were looking like what's springsle? But we can't even watch the showhim of the backs. More be like, yo, what the chievs went off this ship?
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't know. He go out there jay Z on stage, but who he came on stage with. He came on by itself. Okay, no one broke him out. He's doing Devil Auto to him by itself.
Speaker 3: Right, that's this record was had already been out prior to that. It was only off for like a month, okay, or like two days maybe two days okay, yeah, because I.
Speaker 1: Remember you dropped on the Monday. The rumor was he dropped it like a Monday. Yeah. Yeah, it was right after I made the tweets. It was like everything crowd record. It was like two weeks.
Speaker 2: He goes on stage right now, mind you we know that, well, I don't know. We're thinking the record is about what we're doing because of the whole thing dashed Joe's affiliation right at the time.
Speaker 1: But the rest of the world don't know that.
Speaker 2: They think he talked about T Pain because paying the biggest nigga.
Speaker 1: Doing to him.
Speaker 2: In the middle of his performance, T Paint come out on stage and he bumped them give him a chest bump, and he came back off stairs.
Speaker 1: I said, who gave who the chess bump?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Remember gave Paint talked about it on the show, came out.
Speaker 2: Te Paint came out of nowhere and just came on stage with I felt like he was trying to say, Nah, this saying about me, like all the I'm good, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So now I'm looking at the figure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm looking at the thing like I told you that it wasn't about paint.
Speaker 1: So that's forgive. I told you niggas it was it wasn't a bottom him. So I never forget you want is at a birthday party? Noriy You ever see like going to club and just see.
Speaker 2: Niggas laughing or see people laughing somewhere and you feel like they laughing at you. Your conspiracy off the Seriously, I never forget this man, and you want is at a birthday party. I go to the birthday party right, and it was like a VIP section in southe the VIP section. It was another VIP section. So Minju I made these comments. It was a VIP in the south of VIP. So Mijo I made these comments. I'm standing on it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm losing friends, you know, you know, not speaking to me.
Speaker 1: So no, seriously, so I go listen.
Speaker 2: So I go to the club and inside the club it's jay Z, Beyonce, it's Lennarys, It's Clue, and it's like a couple of you know, you know, like it's like the rich Friends Circle, like you know, the Wealthy.
Speaker 1: Show after you made it tweet, this is like after so much gam and all life.
Speaker 2: So now they in a VIP section, but they VP section that that's out to v so you can get into vi P, but you can't get any sections.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I lost my mind.
Speaker 2: Off you'll come in, I come into the know.
Speaker 1: I just sound worse than that.
Speaker 4: Right, so I'm not ready ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: So so I lost my mind, right, you know, I'm I said some stupid shi about Jay, which I should know, motherfucker said tweet.
Speaker 1: The tweet said, I should have never said that to that man. I'm sorry, j I said it sorry before.
Speaker 2: When I'm saying it again, I apologize. So so now when I get there, I'm still a poorse I'm still I'm still feeling myself. I got a new one racking. I'm running around and have a fun. You never had woman before. I come in the club, like I was always scared that No I went to the story telling you.
Speaker 1: Showing me away ready, So I didn't have a shot. They think, give me a baby shot. Yeah, it's gonna be a long take, a little You don't know this what we do? You tell him? Yeah, I know, I know, I know, but your story. So now, so I walk in the club, I got two white women with me. Okay, I gotta know. It was bad at the time. Okay, I got two white women me. I got a big shape, I got a red coat, red shade. I needed to look crazy. I woke it up the v I.
Speaker 3: P I got shave.
Speaker 1: I don't see when I see them, them niggas is.
Speaker 2: Just I don't know if they was laughing at me or not, but they were laughing terply like they was like if you see somebody laughing, they just can't breathe.
Speaker 1: These niggas was laughing. So all right, I never forget my.
Speaker 2: Manager to fish got mad at me because I just left the club. I left the girl on the faim. I just got the fun out. Yeah, I'm serious, I got him. No, It's like I felt like jay Z wait to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I got felt like he waited me. He's that serious. Yeah, but after that, like after I did that, he said he he waked in me. You mean he waked design me, design me. So it's like after that, you know, I staw.
Speaker 2: Seeing the effects of it, like when you when you say ship about especially at that time with the radio being so powerful, but you can't say nothing about the niggas.
Speaker 1: Man, the niggas. Everybody stop sucking with you.
Speaker 2: It's like Nigga started playing my records and all that he was. I had that to have to go through. I have to apologize behind the scene. Tell everybody calling niggas cause it's like I ain't mean to tell sorry, call the niggas because everybody I'm trying to get the hose.
Speaker 1: Okay, So back to you.
Speaker 3: You make arguably the only Dan and Hoose wreck record, So I'm called for a Queen's God.
Speaker 1: This is Deuce by Harlem guy. Why uh have you ever met jay Z after that?
Speaker 4: No, you've never met The only time I seen him was at the that baseline when I went to base.
Speaker 1: No, no, okay, they weren't. I would yeah, okay, so Kanye did takeover, not's the whole album with him? Damn. I never looked at it like that, So why would why would I be like I just did the beat.
Speaker 3: It's them, Yeah, but but Kanye arguably was down with them. You looked like you were down with nas Real. I mean I would think so like you did you did. Okay, so you've never actually physically seen that, man.
Speaker 1: No, okay, let me slow it down. How about Dame Dash. Yeah yeah, I'm in Dash after. I'm saying this is yeah, yeah, after, this is this is a after yeah yeah yeah yeah, okay, yeah. So you and with the Dame Dany said, good one, buddy, Nah, like no, he was.
Speaker 4: It was with I met him when he was hanging around I mean around Jim, around Pop Champagne.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys were shopping. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I did see Jay.
Speaker 2: I didn't see him physically seen him after the break I run.
Speaker 4: I did see him that day he's told about that summer Jam. I seen him willing Jay and you know, like the gold card thing to get him to the front of the stage.
Speaker 1: No, j oh, somebody else willing j to get to the front, you know, like the gold card things, like the golf car thing. They so you need him bring them? Yeah? They I seen him bringing him to the stage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, to do d o A Okay, Okay, now I know this sound like conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know you. You said it earlier.
Speaker 3: You think the O had anything in the kind of do with you because of you, You and your participation in East the only din on one of the r you believe one of the biggest persons in hip hop's.
Speaker 1: I didn't think so. I didn't think about that until the day.
Speaker 4: He's talking about when Flex and mister c God bless you. What's playing on the radio and they say anything and I got a hundred phone call, yo J, this is you right now, yo J.
Speaker 1: D you right now on radio? Turn it on. Let's be clear. He's not said he didn't say your name. He said he paid name.
Speaker 5: But but he's also because of dang being around the moment the time, I have an auto tune record.
Speaker 3: But when Flex is saying it's over for you, who's.
Speaker 1: Names because I know you were my name? Is he saying he paid name? No? No, he's not saying.
Speaker 4: Yes, He's like, yeah, my guys got my guys.
Speaker 2: But finished over, man, like I just did a cation for you, like.
Speaker 9: Listen.
Speaker 2: Brow was just like I was like the car on but I was like, cool, let's think about this.
Speaker 1: Ship before we say it. I'm like, man, funk that any shot at us bro? He was going glory.
Speaker 2: I mean, he played the record for about an hour straight, like great.
Speaker 1: And he kept saying, just finished out here. I'm like, why you waiting?
Speaker 9: We shot?
Speaker 4: I went my whole life in this recre You're gonna do this now? Ye'all got a hundred phone calls that day. Ye they like jay Cy now turn the radio on. I'm like, wait, what's happening the okay? We they made it seem like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I'm saying. So what was the better phone calls that you got when Death of the Oh and he did? Was it d O A?
Speaker 3: Or when Easy came out and each actually was critically acclaimed the winner.
Speaker 1: What's the difference between between those two phone calls? Yeah, that's the bid in the suite right there. Okay, the same amount of course.
Speaker 4: No, I feel like people knew you when you did Yeah, yeah, more people knew pop Champagne. I was you know, yeah, it was math on course because they and people are telling you he's this and you.
Speaker 3: I think that was a part of it too, is that he kind of was him and Jim Jones was kind of going at it.
Speaker 1: I've heard conspiracy.
Speaker 4: I caught it straight listen here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was a combination that Jim is damn and then he didn't eat like jay Z is the master.
Speaker 1: So you feel like you caught the straight. I caught the straight. You should started.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, but I just did the beat, So I ain't feel like na it was you got some So for if a producer produced a disregd on you, yeah, you don't feel away with Yeah what DJ must have right now with you know what, I know the process.
Speaker 1: I know the process it takes to release a record.
Speaker 3: I know you gotta sign off, you gotta mix it. I know you gotta fucking you master it. I know you gotta fuck it. You know I know all that. So I know I know that if you a part of a dis record of me, a part of the disrecd here.
Speaker 1: So that guilty a position. At this time he was bing new, so he didn't even have that. I don't given about that brand new. You you're a part of the disrecord this to.
Speaker 3: Me, you are the this to yeah man, you lie so you never did a Rockefellow record since no, rightfully?
Speaker 1: So God that.
Speaker 4: Throw.
Speaker 1: You know, I know, I know, I know some of the you know, the street guys. So it's so good. So how about how about nas Have you worked with him since?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did last real Nigga live pronounced okay yeah, yeah, has he ever like came to you.
Speaker 1: It's like a good looking man giving me no man, hey man, put me involved this year. Okay.
Speaker 3: So what you to start taking to the suit was that the start of Harlem start dancing again, absolutely without a shadow of a doubt.
Speaker 2: Like you gotta think about it before before that record came out O six, when the last time Niggas was dancing the hallom was when g Depp came out.
Speaker 1: That was the last time they did it.
Speaker 2: And you gotta remember when g Depp and It was doing it. They ship wasn't even for the kids. They ship was like more of an adult record with kids dancing, and my ship was like the streets making a record for the streets.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I think I felt like that started, you know, I started moving called life you movie and that, Like I said, I don't like to say I discovered anybody, because I felt like only gods discovered people.
Speaker 1: But if you look on my first album.
Speaker 2: That's the first time you've seen a lot of people who have great careers now, like you know Beyoncas the Ta, Taylors and you know, like I said, the moves and the rectors and all that. So I felt like that was the start of the dance, right. I'm not understanding you said you claiming to tail. No, I'm just saying the first time you heard her or like seeing her in any video or it was on my album.
Speaker 1: That's like fam did all that. I thought this first time we saw was on that teen sixteen. Yeah, that was after after.
Speaker 2: So what happened was you know how the record labels working nor read once once like look at the drill like once once one person made drill record, they weren't looking for everybody doing drill. So once I made the lightly music, that's how like Little Mama Way and got her deal, and then you know, Forrell snatched up Siana Taylor and and you know, Jason Foster Gott snatched up Botle like I think Jermaine U Prix because they was looking for the sound that I.
Speaker 1: Was creating, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people went and got deals because of the movement that I started. I just I wasn't just smart enough. I wasn't a smart enough, smart enough business man at the time to say, you know what, let me sound a bunch of these people and put them out through.
Speaker 1: I was just like nigga, I'm hong on me. Everybody got to eat.
Speaker 2: Everybody on the album, everybody get paid, everybody make they make their way through their careers. Then, you know, so, I like to say I helped start a lot of people career. I played the intricate part in and started career name once again. I'm Sianna Taylor. Let's go Young Bad, which just me uncle. If you listen my first album, Browns was producing on it.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying no.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that toast, saying no, you the reason I started doing music. But you know, like like even though Rex and Moves Battle and stuff like that, like those are my brothers, everybody was ronding. I was like, listen, we all get then no, we're gonna split this money up together. We going boom boom boom, boom boom and whatever goes goes like that's the roo We'll ever get in first, bring everybody in and then pooll pause well we get in first, bring everybody in, pause, and then we all go from there. But sometimes it don't work that way. Sometimes you gotta just do everybody.
Speaker 3: But nah, all right, So y'all ready for quick Thomas.
Speaker 1: Slane, y'all sends up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we got a we got a older two records? Yeah, yeah, Dan Greece, Oh ship, what's you damn to?
Speaker 1: So many records? Which one? What's the name of it's so hot? Okay? Yeah, it ain't work.
Speaker 11: Try it ain't worked out, keeping it will?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay.
Speaker 5: So the rule, We're gonna give you two choices. You pick one. We don't drink. You say both, and neither of them were all drinking. Okay, got it? And give us any stories with anybody you want to give. You got the first one. Nope, Cam or Jim.
Speaker 1: We said this on the plane. Well I got money with Jim and I don't really know Cam like that. Jim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean it depends. What can't you talk about when Jim you talking about? Nah, neither one.
Speaker 1: I never heard it. They cancel each other. I feel like you gotta take a shot. You gotta take a shot.
Speaker 2: You said we got to pick one, right, Yeah, we don't pick one at might take.
Speaker 1: A shot, right, Yeah, I got problem. I'm ready to take a shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hella take a shot, nigga, answer that that way?
Speaker 1: Okay, you got your shots?
Speaker 4: Yeah, gotta take a shot on his unfortunately, because you can't win this, nigga, y'all together.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to stop the bee from looking normal starting this ship.
Speaker 1: I'm out of it. My name is Bennett, and I surely ain't in it.
Speaker 11: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Who don't got a shot though, I don't want But they got shots. You ain't got shot. I got my oh ship?
Speaker 4: All right, wait, Jamie, that's the same shot fus absolutely, Oh you okay, ship you baby siting, that's what that call?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, you want the next one to gonna leave you? You're gonna leave you in Harlem. Let's go. Oh, let's take the shot first. Oh yeah, out for solute the thing. I couldn't use that one.
Speaker 4: Un that's not the way this works, okay, rules, Well, get your ship together, man cheers.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we got a shot. Yeah shot, we're doing one. Yeah, maybe I got the rules.
Speaker 2: I thought we don't pick neither one because you didn't want to pick out the aybody shot.
Speaker 1: If you don't pick we drinking. If you say both of neither, that's that's we're not saying. That's what we did.
Speaker 4: A shot a rock your ecept for except yeah, yeah, shoutut to for you know, we got some music. We got records with firm, so yeah, good yeah, Dave Easter, Oh what's it going? Yeah, shout out the battle. We we got a lot of music together too, and you know we we show up for each other. So I'm gonna say neither again.
Speaker 1: I'm just so polled. I'm gonna say one. Jamie, you needs something over here.
Speaker 4: I have the same one by the way, hey man, yeah, I'm gonna let you have all hallm pause.
Speaker 1: We gotta take this shot still. I shot my shot. Frank Lucas Now, yeah, man, you gotta take two. Oh there you go being dangerous territories man, Yeah we are. Yeah yeah, Big l Or Black Rob rest in piece of bol I know who you're going. All right, you gotta take you gotta say both, you know what I mean? That was a harsh one.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yo, you just me and the king in the Columbia writes the questions over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so just see he's a love town. He's from Haller. Just to be clear, when I said neither, I'm in both. That's what. Yeah, we get. It doesn't get it's good. I want to make sure. I mean yeah, yeah, I mean just just for you to say it happened to answer these questions.
Speaker 4: I prefer you say both. But what I keep saying neither, I'm I'm gonna drinking anything. I'm like, I get it, I understand. Yeah, And well we he were Big Old. How did that he Bonics record come about? H Well, I was outside cut to school one day and Big Ol just happened to walk through the box and I was like, he was looking for what block? This twenty seven LIX seven some linux. He just popped up out of nowhere. And he's the guy in Harlem at this time. Yeah, he was looking for some stuff. And I'm like, hey, bro, we I got some beats man, and uh he came upstairs and the first beat I played was at this time you know who he was. So I'm like, yo, I got some He was asking for some other things, but I was like, yo, I got some beats, and he was like, yo, let me hear in the first beat I played for him was the Bonyx And.
Speaker 1: Did he start rapping to it?
Speaker 4: No, he said, yo, put it on tape, because at that time it was you know, tape. He put it on tape.
Speaker 1: He said, what what was you playing it on? He had to put it on the drum machine. What the fuck? You had a drum machine walking around? No? No, I'm like.
Speaker 4: And he was like, I played it for me. He's like, let me get that on tape, and then he came back and let me how it sound. So, you know, I ain't have pro twos at the time, so he had to do a straight run on the tape. We did that, and he said, Yo, we're gonna go to D and D and do it for real. So we went to D and D and we did that best time in the real studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he killed us and I think that was my first one. Is no your first time? No?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, So you knew how to operate it? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've been in the game since ninety two. Okay, oh so damn you just producing them Before that, after I.
Speaker 4: Was rapping, I was a label called Big Boss Records. Kevin Chiles okay, well signed him Kevin Child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. Oh really that's a big bro. Yeah, I didn't know that. That's that's a big time. Let's take a shot for ribbit and big, he said, both a hold on, this is a game. Yeah down, you got plenty of you gonna take me a long time?
Speaker 4: Boys, Okay, go ahead, I'm gonna let okay, I'll take this gun cool mod.
Speaker 1: Or Curtis blow? Oh cool?
Speaker 4: D I feel like you know both they disagree with my mom. I want to be here if it wasn't for he always has the big last year. I always always had to be with my mom, so he always had what was your mom?
Speaker 1: Come on, bro, you're just gonna throw your mama. I got scared. Let's take a shot. I love you. Shout up too. He was supposed to get shot for that one. Both okay, all right? Cool? Yeah, oh go ahead, goead yeah j r RD J Mills. Oh that's a good one. That's a good one of my guys. Both both my guys. All right, shout he got his shot. He got shot. Just been chilling shot one. You're not invisible, remember the mhm man? Okay on you uh I got this one? Got it? Oh no, I don't okay, Mace kiss, Mason Kiss Mason Jada kiss or murder Mace, I mean Jadakiss both both?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, shot there like three different though shout alive as sistency is like accolate, like Jada kiss is like Mace. Mace kind of change the yeah you know, uh the trajectory of how we look.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah. Man, his impact was it was crazy.
Speaker 2: But Jada Kiss, he's been consistent for like twenty five thirty years straight to this day.
Speaker 4: You know, when Mace was on that screen, it was like if he was in Harlem. He was like, that's us. That's how we are, Like you know what I mean, you picked from it from He's spaking both, you know, shout out the kids.
Speaker 1: That's my guy. So take a shot, all right. I got the slowest shot taking over. Hey, she want us to do not be great? All right, you gotta catch up. I'll catch up. Don't worry about it. Kay, Okay, I got this one. Biz Markey or O D B. Damn. That's a good one. And rest in peace of both well both both solo all night. So you go over.
Speaker 2: There's not a drinking like that, you know, it's more of a well he knew he was coming today.
Speaker 5: I feel like he's playing that game where you can't see where the shut is at.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, switch through analog or digital, both of y'all analog handalog okay and good good choice.
Speaker 5: It's crazy y'all say that, being the you capitalize off of auto tunes, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the roots from analog sounds way better. Yeah, max O, Biggie rest in Peace ship the.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I'd be feeling like I wish I did a beat on Ready to Die or Life After Death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely, But I still feel like that's that's that's.
Speaker 4: Like the that's like biggest, like the blueprint, if how you should structure your album, did the range, the b picking, the you know the flow. I feel like, I like, if if your if your your level of artistry is not on that type, on that level, I'll just be like, I can't you know what I mean you.
Speaker 1: Biggie, Okay, I'm in Okay, went to the next one. Tupac are easy, pot Tupac. I got Tupac story too. Let's go so on to get chicken and little soup. No, okay, not bad, you went too far with that.
Speaker 2: I've never been told this story before. Okay, So, so my block is like a legenday block in Harlem. They filmed like movies like uh, like sugar Hill and New Jack City and Juice was all filling on my block. So like when they killed all men killers, that's that's like my grandmother's store. When when when the roof, that's my great room, this building. When you're elevated shooting a lot. So I'm like this it has to be like ninety one. I was like, I was in elementary school, so they trailers was parked in front of my school. So I knew all the older niggas from my hood. Because my cousin who I got my name from.
Speaker 1: Her name is Webb. I just kind of hijacked his name. That's my cousin.
Speaker 2: So that's so so Pac brung so my mayor Chuck Black who used to man Is and that song if you know. He he brung me and like four all my other friends. It's on the trailer to me Pop and Parker was like what's your names and all that? He was like, y, this is a little web He said, well what that means? What we get that from?
Speaker 1: I'm like Webster and he was like, yo, you kind of look like Webster, right serious? Yeah you said you look like Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was just like, nah, you're a star. Your name is WebStar, a star. Don't let nobody tell you can't be nothing. And then I just ran with the name ever since.
Speaker 1: I was that's crazy. So let's do's you're trying to say to us, right, you your name? I gain my name? Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And he has nice to Harlem as well through his mom and running the Black Panther chapter.
Speaker 1: You think that you've been saving this story, I mean deepen seven drinks, I mean niggas from my block. No, but like I ain't even I ain't never.
Speaker 2: I haven't done an interview like this in the one that's That's dope, No seriously dead series ninety one, bro, Like, if you do the knowledge, if you look at skill, the hell that the whole movie is talking about, whole block, the park, the basement with Q's DJ, that's my grandma, Oh that's my block.
Speaker 1: It was ninety one. I was like here probably like a probably like the fourth or fifth grade. It was a little nigga. I don't got no those story like that. Hey, oh hey this think it crazy? I said, came he gonna he's gonna take a deepen because I'm like that story that's more than the story straight, Hey, how you gonna lie?
Speaker 9: That was like what.
Speaker 1: You got a story that's like that's like have a Prince story and be like trying to out Prince. I've really seen Prince LEVI take too long out Prince my story. So I ain't even got a Tupac story. So you killed that Holy ship. I don't even know what the next one is. Go ahead, let's go. We gotta change it. Because of what you said.
Speaker 4: New Jack City or Juice Juice New Jack City, they both they both at Harlem, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, New Jack City.
Speaker 1: That's that's what's down for me. Yeah yeah, it influenced a lot of the Harlem hustlers. Is that Is that building really exist? Yeah? Yeah, that's the fact. Yeah, A Dame Greece or large pro James gree shot Grease Grease. You know Greece.
Speaker 4: I don't know if a lot of people know, but Greece created like he had a sound, you know what I mean. And you know a lot of a lot of producers now like they be like creating like like a snare drum or a pattern or something.
Speaker 1: But Greece had this snare that he used to use and that was that was just five. Let's the question real quick. Then Dame Grease or Swiss beats? Oh?
Speaker 4: Both both because both of them created shot.
Speaker 1: We got more shots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean this is with this list, this is this is beautiful along list man, That's why I told you slow down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why the baby shots. Shout out to Swiss. That's my guy. He got Saudi Bronx. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I like that ship too. Heat Makers and track masters, track masters. I ain't gonna both because track I say both. Man, hold on, you know what's going home with you? You know I love to make us heat makers. I'm sorry. Come on, you never told this story. He never told the story. You never told the story. Tell the story. I just told your story. You ain't here, No, no, I need to hear. I'm not gonna I'm gonna tell you the storyline. I'm gonna save everything paused, all right, So so what happens. It's nothing happen. Everything is beautiful. Nothing happens. I'm a therapist. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I even know that he make it shout the awesome this man. You know he created that sound for dipset. Okay, yeah, really yeah. We grew up off the track masters, and I used to be like, yo, I need my beast to sound like track masters, like the clarity the production, how would sound. I was like, I need to get that that sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you ain't figuring it out your browsers. The technical you know, he knows all, he knows everything. The lingo, the binnacular is amazing thing. Okay, yeah, I've seen your face. Oh no, it's a fifty cent.
Speaker 1: See when you work with both of them, yeah, I work with both of them.
Speaker 4: So when I get money with people, it's different because you know, me allows you to feed your family. So Sean, I got a lot of money with fifty cent you know, from producing that would help for Lloyd Banks, playboy for the banks with your head boy for banks.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, but started, uh, don't lead the witness what I said? So, who are you picking? Not both both? Okay?
Speaker 4: If we're not, we don't we don't care.
Speaker 1: Said yes, yes, yeah, I'm not even saying queen queens owe me a check. Look, I want you. I feel like I want you. They work, they bring you up during the next Queen's delegation. Yeah, solo solid I don't never go to that meeting no more. Though I'm being.
Speaker 3: Honest, is really a Queen's delegation means come on, man, it's like the Black delegation. God damn, did we really beat up and talk about black issues? No, exactly, we should, don't we should about you know what, that's.
Speaker 1: A fucking great idea. Yeah, you know what I mean. Kate Slayer, Clark Kent rest in peace both both. You ain't got thinking about that one. Yeah, man, this is a hell of a game. Shout out to Kase Sway. Yeah, case from all of them. You know what's crazy?
Speaker 3: I want to say this real quick. I believe the first time they all three was in the room was with Clark Kent, that Clark Kent funeral. That's the last time Jay, Dame and Biggs was all in the same room.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were all in our They didn't speak to each other. I mean, Biggs and Jay was together, but Dame was there, and that was the last time. And it's crazy because Clark brought him back together for one last you know what I mean. So that that at his funerals.
Speaker 1: So we got yeah all right, yeah, and you're holding it down. God damn you might as well. I'll just just keep it going. Dougie Fresher Rob Bass.
Speaker 4: Fresh Yeah yeah, that's from Yeah, okay, thank you Fresh at Dougie Fresh Studio. I made the beat CD at his house that had ether on it because I ain't had the equipment at the time, so I went to doug Fresh Studio and made the b CD that actually had ether on it.
Speaker 1: So shout to doug Freshman. Can't take no away from broad basing easy nothing. It takes one of the h you have the next one to You got all the harm questions Joel's or Max b oh uh. The relationship with not personal, but you know, gonna say both is cool.
Speaker 2: Free the wave but it's all Harlem and so yeah both yeah, oh ship shot, shout the clock all over the place, hurry up as fast more alright, ain't connor T Pain.
Speaker 1: That was for me, So go ahead, it was for you. You got all the HALLM T Pain. Yeah, shout out the T pain. He's like he's like the birth order. Ye, the Godfather order tone. I'm gonna say T Paint is like Godfather.
Speaker 5: Order to.
Speaker 1: Know you gotta give them his respect.
Speaker 3: I mean, he definitely, I believe, but he deserves his now asking y'all two brothers that used orto tone?
Speaker 1: Is t Pain the godfather order tune? Hip hop shout because we know George Clinton and.
Speaker 5: What's the Roger Trupan Roger Trup that was an auto tunes Auto tunes is as appropriate.
Speaker 1: That's his order tool is cussing though, right right? That was that was organic natural They was using the.
Speaker 4: Key Shout out to Akon because you know at the time t Paint ain't like how I was using an auto tune, and I guess, yeah, he went on an interview must to say he didn't like.
Speaker 1: How I was using. You ain't tell me that.
Speaker 4: Akon called me and was like, yo, y'all don't need to be beefing like like on some O G ship Like, Yo, y'all don't need to be beefing like that.
Speaker 1: It's all love and why you responded to him?
Speaker 4: I didn't respond, but what she was going to most likely I was getting amped up from so it comes like, yeah, we ain't on that type of time. You know, it ain't no problem. So we kind of kind of that at the end. Whatever energy it was and uh yeah me and ended up doing a record together. Shout to akno together yet absolutely wondering to uh your m TV raps or video music box, video music box?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think video music blocks influenced me. Yeah, without video probably wouldn't you know. You know, I respect that's shocking me. Dane shout around. Yeah, man, we had them on. Check it out. Pete Rock or Primo both reminiscences one of the best beats in the world. I ain't got no more. Not that version, that's the same version. This is a sparfed version almost Classic Records. Yeah, yeah, thank you, Absolutely it is.
Speaker 4: And look Primo got so many ship crazy just the premo Yeah yeah, yeah, well love Heathen.
Speaker 1: Just schools, Yeah, I just I just yeah, okay all dre Rizza.
Speaker 4: Both oh thirty six Chambers man, yeah, all right, we're gonna spoke that one day.
Speaker 1: He said, both, Mama, this is dreams champces Broth. All right, cool, I got you with the I know how it became from Champagne to just only shots. This is the game. This is the game. Yeah, okay, it's only twenty more year now. You we got like five moster.
Speaker 4: Or eminems all right, but don't forget the shot.
Speaker 1: We had a comma. You know the fuck solid most of them.
Speaker 4: All right, I just want to tell you wrap money, man. You know you don't have to you can we wind time Boris tell them about the box. But Buster actually, uh, he was like, yo, we.
Speaker 1: We we get into that. Hold on, calm down.
Speaker 7: I'm relaxed. I thought it was almost all no, no, no, just just just this part. Bull tang or n W A wait? Did we answered? Buster Eminem both said fast? They both got money with a Buster.
Speaker 4: You can tell absolutely. Let's rich, my brother, let's go. You said you tang or n W A tank?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I knew that that was gonna be easy, real funk fluck yeah both, I man, yeah, I mean we know the apozan of the DJ relationships.
Speaker 1: You champagne shot. Yeah, listen, this is this is the way the game goes man, this is twenty twenty five. I twisted ship twists and turn the way I want to go. Fall pause. I'm gonna hold it down. I guess man, yeah, poor, excuse me, but uh kicking pree it's probably the illis DJ live ever Yeah he can rock any crowd. Answer the phone. Fuck, No, that's you did it on purpose. That's an alarm. Okay, that's the alarm. No, that's actually got a different type of alarm. Yeah, that was supposed to be make be on hand on time.
Speaker 3: And funk Flex is the best radio DJ of all time. Yes one, and he gets busy in the clubs too. I swear to God, but I kid you not. I don't know how many times I missed my flight because he said pull over, and I pulled over and he said, he said, like, go on the register.
Speaker 1: I don't fall for that part, but he account when he like a record gorack? What do you think about? This is no? We got one more question one. This is the last question. I'm not gonna say nothing. Loyalty or respect. Wow. Yeah, I'm going to pick one of these. Loyalty respect, Kay. Yeah, I think if you respect me, you're going to be loyal to me. Yeah. So he's saying both, Yeah, that's what that's Yeah. That's the only time me and him agree that you always should say both. It's both. Man. I guess you going done. Man, I ain't got no more. That's why you blew it up.
Speaker 3: She's supposed to take pull my shots over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like ginger real shots.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You know, but look at she in pain in there.
Speaker 3: We don't from the fast with the fans see this ship. So uh, y'all coming out with an album together? Now, how the funk is this working? I mean, me and Brown's always worked the same way. Okay, brows is like he works around the clock. Browsers should be up all around the clock in the house, is making beats, beat, beat, beat, and then.
Speaker 2: I wake up in the morning. He got the idea already done. I'm just and I'll come and just add to this ship.
Speaker 1: Like, how did you guys originally connect though? T Rex? Yeah, so it's a it's a bad rapin t Rex everybody. Yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: Rex was signed his record before money as Rex was one of my.
Speaker 1: Friends growing up, and.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I'm won't give him his flowers because he's one of the reasons that him and him and TX is one of the reasons I started doing music. She's going to the studio watching him. I didn't know nothing about music, watching their process, seeing everything he did, and then all the girls liked him because they had records.
Speaker 1: So I was like, fuck, it I need a record, yeah, because he had a record.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And so Rex introduced that that'd be like the eighty two thousands and this is like he you know, this is after Ether and all that, Like this is like this, this is like Ron Brows, wrong Brows. And I met him and he treated me like a brother ever since, and then we've just been rocking ever since.
Speaker 1: Then. God damn y'all was supposed to do an album that he got high and he changed on you. He changed. He was just you know, like that's what you know. He changed was like it was more like a lesson. He was like, nise me. I used to get distracted, I got hot.
Speaker 4: And started wearing sunglasses on you, and then now you started wearing well, I'm I think the reason the reason I got my second deal. So yeah, yeah, but but I ain't gonna lie brow.
Speaker 10: Hm.
Speaker 1: There was a time. It's like, you know, it's certain errors. It tight William Raors.
Speaker 3: You know the Scotts Starch errors, for Ral errors, Timberland errors, Swiss.
Speaker 4: Beats era, that Ron Boles error. It's different, it's different. It was a super different party.
Speaker 1: It was party.
Speaker 3: But you like, God bless me for you know, anybody else from the city to have had that same era. But you were staying in the city like you were, you were, you were giving everybody from the city from I'm sorry I say in the city, I should say New York.
Speaker 1: You know what I forgot? I like, just kick it in to the five barrels. I'm sorry, I got this is a global thing. Okay, yeah, but you but this is the time where if you if you, if you had them hits in New York, you ran the actual world. Yes, yes, you had a piece of that era, yes all the time. Yeah, man, I just felt like I was the point guard. But where did it start from?
Speaker 3: Because I know it's ether, right, that's put you in the game, Pop Champagne. It was the first time you on a record, right, and uh, actually you start when? When when did you have that cheese line? Whatever I mean by line is people lining up pop Champagne Pop. I was able to control the temperature because I could put a hook on it and be like, you have the formula, the formula, yeah, this this to.
Speaker 1: Be just a hook and artist would be like, that's how we created rotate right right right right, shut out, give your flowers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I was able to control the temperature because I was able to do the hook and do the beat and all this. I get it, and I just felt like I was the point gone for New York, Like I'm just throwing alleys across the fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah. So Pop Champagne at the Pop Champagne? What was the next record? Hey, Ram Money? Okay, how does this happen? Bus called you right after Pop Champagne? Yo, I need something now. I don't care what you're doing to immediately.
Speaker 4: Wake up now, Bus, I'm sleeping now, now wake up. I'm in the studio senate right now, Bus, I'd be like driving.
Speaker 1: All right. So what was the initial conversation your first hand? Yo, I need something right now, something like not something like pop shap something with that. And after Popham Pat No, okay, after Pop I need something right now? I said, I seen you.
Speaker 4: You know it's crazy rap Money. I thought it was too weird and I put it like in the back of the CD for real. I was like, Yo, people don't think I'm bugged out, but is.
Speaker 1: This face to face me? No, No, this is on the phone. Okay. So he's like, send me, send me some money.
Speaker 4: Gives him your number yes, and then he calls you yes, and then he says, I'm busting.
Speaker 1: I don't know how busted got my numbers. It's very weird. But when he says this is bust the bust, you know, no one's imitating. Yes, this is a okay, continue and he's.
Speaker 4: Like, you I need something like that, like what pop Champagne or something with.
Speaker 1: That energy he said he referenced pop cham Yeah, yeah, yeah, I need but I don't know if he read I just need something you knew what it was? Energy? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I seen you some joints and then I had Pop Champagne on there. I mean a rap money and was it called money Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: I said I'm gonna put it in the back because I say, people gonna think I'm weird when they hit it's like yo. He bugged up as soon as he heard that. He's like, Yo, this is my single. I don't care what you're saying on the hook. This is my single.
Speaker 1: Wait, okay, what are you saying? This was already the hook was he was on it, and we definitely don't know what then you're saying.
Speaker 4: I was saying nothing at all. It's sounds like you spoke something. But let's let's see the hook real quick.
Speaker 1: How does it go? She got a lie? Anybody lie? Anybody lie? Did you ever get any back last or any niggative?
Speaker 4: I was in Lebanon. I got booked in Lebanon and it was like different, there's scared Leon.
Speaker 1: He's like.
Speaker 4: They was like, are you scared? I said, scared of what? It was like what you're saying on the song and now like y'all y'all locked me up because bo it might have seemed like it was blasphemous, like y'all booked.
Speaker 1: Me to be like yeah, we just mounched you up.
Speaker 4: But it's like, yo, we take that offensive. I'm like, no, they thought what I was saying we getting era money? Mean, like are we taking I was like, no, we're getting like that's what they got to fight. I thought you were saying in the No, No, it was we're getting around. They thought I was saying taking like money from them or something like that.
Speaker 1: But then you performed yes, because.
Speaker 4: Yes, but I remember, I remember I was at the airport. It's like we're gonna bomb this up, like I'm want to fight the flight out anyway, So good luck because there was just you know, that's the the you know, the Instagram and comment.
Speaker 1: Shot no no bombs. You know, I don't get was getting bomb threats. Yeah, actually you're a different type. I take another shot Champagne that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But it was like, Yo, this is my single.
Speaker 4: I don't care what you're saying on the hook, but bust to say you're not saying nothing on the hook.
Speaker 1: We have to make it a real hook. Then he put he linked with Q tip and they said the real actual prayer. Oh so then it does say something.
Speaker 4: No, they switched into the actual so when you were saying that you weren't saying shot, switched it out and then they got backlash from the prayer. So you were like the demo version, the remix, they went to the real You were like the demo I was the original, you know what I'm saying, so but they used your version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my version.
Speaker 4: First that was what does he say it ain't I'm like, I'm not saying nothing really, so then he's like, we got to make you say something. They did the actual prayer on the remix though, and then they were saying no, that's from the backlash.
Speaker 1: I would imagine from the prayer.
Speaker 4: We got to switch you back, switch you back to the original, which was my original hook.
Speaker 1: So that happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Bust will be out there every almost every every other week.
Speaker 1: What wearing saudy like buying stuff? Yea, Like now you're good. I mean, I'm sure you do. You think he's doing a rap money out there? It's crazy. I remember.
Speaker 4: I remember Gym was like, you should have kept that wreaking for yourself. I was like, I should have, but I don't think I would have had the same Like.
Speaker 1: He rap money for your son, you should not. Ye he had the whole vision. Yeah, I mean definitely I agree with YEA.
Speaker 3: Other than that and Pop Champagne, is there any other record that you gave away that you felt like you should have kept for yourself?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Man, I get crazy for Nicki Minaj. That beat is like the beat is virable by tell so I'd be like, damn, I don't I wish I would have kept that one.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah, shout out to Nicki Mina. God damn she killed that. Yeah, yeah, she killt that. Big queens. Big queens, get a check for me. Hey man, listen, it's not like that. So what's the next record after a rap money, what's the next one that goes pop champagne? Yeah, I want to do my day like Universe and put out jumping out the window for sure. So all right, so so Universe all coming to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they give you that bad Yeah yeah, you ain't gotta say yeah, but it's like, yeah it is it like like like change your number. But what happened was, you know, I caught a check with Universal. I caught the check with Jim. I caught the video check. Jim was making sure like yo, you're gonna be right. So not like it makes sense, let's go, you know what I'm saying. So yeah, yeah, shout out to Sylvia. Sylvia gave me my Sylvia Wrong gave me my first deal.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm just I'm smoking come on, So Sylvia Wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah she's still in the music business. Yeah yeah, yeah, I think she said, Sony, I believe.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you think about the music business now? Both of you guys, like, uh, I just feel like it's no, it's like a free fall. Whoever come up with the fastest gimmick, fastest record.
Speaker 1: It's like it's not like.
Speaker 2: It's like effortless almost to me, I mean social media and anybody. Anybody can do a record now, Like you don't have to put the work into create a record, and you don't have to put the work at the break a record. All you need is this, which is a gifting the curse because it give it gives more people opportunity to make money, which is great, but it brings the quality of music.
Speaker 5: Now, that's the thing is quite You can make a million records easy and then put out a million records easy.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I feel like if you're a dreamer, it's amazing for you right now.
Speaker 4: Like you know, you could wake up and be like, y'all want to do a video like this and like this, and it's possible, and you could put it on your dsp an. It's no one saying, you know, I don't like that record. You could be like, no, I like this record and put it on Friday. I'm shooting video on Saturday. It's endless for the dreamers, you know what I mean. And because we didn't have that back in the day, you know, yeah, all that and then if the label didn't like it, it's like, nah, we're dubbing that.
Speaker 1: That's not happening. You know what I mean. So if you're a dreamer, is endless for you right now?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Upheld battle because oversaturation is. But if you nice and you get busy and you you got to cut through the clutter. You got to cut through the clutters.
Speaker 4: A lot of that's why you got to make them records that stand out, that touch people.
Speaker 1: You know. Pause, So what are y'all doing with your album? Let's let's let's let's let's let's take it full circle. What is the name of y'all? Y'all filming the video right? Oh?
Speaker 4: Shut, Yeah, we got a record called Let's Get Rich with Me WebStar mister Cheeks, mister Cheeks.
Speaker 1: The Hardest Mac. Yeah, so yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And we just like right now the game is so crazy. We just create records, playing records out and just seeing where it goes. It's not it's not well throught our process like back in the.
Speaker 1: Days when you well that's the luxury of now. Yeah, yeah, pressure ain't there.
Speaker 2: We're not going in with the pressure of doing the whole album, say we gotta have this, this and this and records and then when something started picking up, seeing then we'll just go from there.
Speaker 1: You guys living out here. Now, I've seen in Miami. I've seen you not that long ago out here man that come out to them. And it's crazy. I came to the last timer you do another one. That was our anniversary. I'll do it again this year. Yeah, but I show y'all was out here with my god nepht the directing that my god.
Speaker 3: So what's something that you regret in this game? That that that you had the opportunity to do necessarily?
Speaker 4: And then you was like, man, maybe not like a mistake, yeah, a mistake or maybe even something that you you.
Speaker 2: You spending money stupidly when I got it, not saving it, not investing the first time around, like you know, you when you come from nothing and you and you and you get money for the first time, like you don't if you don't got to white people, right, you're gonna do the wrong things with the money. So it was like, you got a lifestyle, you gotta keep up with you on TV, people see you everywhere. You got to keep your image up. You might not have no money. I was like, when I phrased up my record, I was I was broken ship. I spent all my money doing some dumb stuff going to strip clubs, buying Jurry Coles carts, stuff like that, and I ain't have nothing really to show for it. So if I would, if I could do anything, I would probably save my money and invest it and probably trying to surround myself with people who knew the business and how minutes money better?
Speaker 1: Right? How about you bro.
Speaker 4: Being stern on your vision because I came from being independent and then getting a deal. Then when you get a deal, they kind of at your universal university would have gave you a motown, a song deal for you, album deal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, as an artist, dost okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you'll start bumping heads with what a label for as your vision, you know what I'm saying. So there have a vision for you, but you have your own vision, and sometimes you kind of play the you don't want to ruffle the you know, the feathers. I don't know if that's a pause. Yeah, ruffle the feathers as far as your their vision and your vision. So you'll kind of be like, all right, whatever, y'all. I think is that instead of being stern like, nah, this is what I'm doing, this is the vision, this is how I see it rolling out, So I just kind of regret just being stern on my vision when I was signed.
Speaker 3: All right, so before y'all get up out of there, before they recovered everything.
Speaker 1: If he did covered more than everything, please please let us know at the fucking time. But let me just tell ya something. Both of y'all controlled New York City summers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, when New York City summers meant something.
Speaker 1: And that's what I mean by that. You know, God bless y'all the rest of the country, Big Gip.
Speaker 3: I look at Big Gip everything that Big Gip ever says, and he has a bigger burden about New York than even you.
Speaker 1: Don't burden, bro, it's not the right word. I think it's just chip is. We're not hating. We're telling you historical facts. I know I'm hating that. You're you're hating it. The facts are facts. Nope, that's what I'm hating that, y'all.
Speaker 4: Y'all just remember when we just pre doominated everybody, And I don't It doesn't have to do the time that he's talking about maybe going back ebonics.
Speaker 1: Maybe he third that that's still that era.
Speaker 3: But okay, let me get back to my point both for your brothers controlled. When you control the summer in New York, it's like controlling the summer in all nine planets.
Speaker 1: At least at that time.
Speaker 4: Now, it doesn't matter if you control you know, summer anywhere, it doesn't matter, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But right back then, yeah, not like that guy in my day, I mean where that is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely it but chicken little suit destroyed. And then what's dancing army? And then you guys with all of your records, y'all Controy controlled new York, controlled New York, summers New York at that time, or controlling the world. Yeah, how does it feel to be that number one producer slash you know, uh influencer, that's the first influencer.
Speaker 1: How does it feel? I'll start with you first.
Speaker 2: Honestly, like you know, we don't really think I mean coming from I'm gonna speak for you a little bit too, like like like the neighborhoods we come from, Like nobody makes it from where we come from. Like it's like he's either like like like say, you know you staying crackrock you we can jump shot. It ain't nobody you don't believe you can do it, So I believe we was doing it. We wasn't even thinking about that. We was just living in a moment and it kind of just happened organically. We was able to have our moment because we never got a chance to really imagine that something that this could happen. This is why I was going back to saying, like, this is why when you're living in the moment, you're not thinking about you can't prepare for it. You can't like there's no preparation for its expect before, or you got somebody with you that you love that's did it before.
Speaker 1: So it's the best feeling in the world.
Speaker 2: It's like, there's nothing like New York in the world, and it's the hardest market of conquer during that time, especially, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So I feel like it's just an amazing feeling. Do you still know how to do the chicken roo stew? I never knew how to do it. You never knew how to I can't do a little bit. I can't because that rain and I can clear it out. That's why nigga trying to be this. This is these niggas. Now is the biggest moment in your life. Got to do it together with me. We gotta letter rate and then we gotta clear it out.
Speaker 3: We gotta we gotta see you demonstrate it first. I just tell you it's like it's like it's like the electric side. Somebody gotta started off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, and then we you know what I mean, come on, started off? So show shows? How did how did Chicken to the Soup? Start? What you mean? How was you know? The dance and some of the stuff. You know, I can just let it ready, man, millions of dollars.
Speaker 9: You don't you know what the only little kids was out here?
Speaker 1: The chicken new the suit, I don't take the suit with a soda on the side. Do everything. I don't know how you didn't dance.
Speaker 9: We should make annoyse that, like, come, you know how to do the dance?
Speaker 1: Somebody do sit down and do the dance. Come on, he just did. I just did the sons Manny my money. That got damning with you. I'm fucking with you. I'm with you. I mean a money dance. Yeah that's very easy. Yeah, that's very easy. I know how to do that too.
Speaker 4: We all did it in the in the remix video. God damn before we get out rotate Rota. Yes, thank you very much, my brother very much.
Speaker 5: No, before you, I do want to say something that about that record. That And I don't know if Nor would say it the way I would say, but this is when you kind of were coming out of hip hop purgatory.
Speaker 1: It's purgatory. It's purgatory.
Speaker 5: And he was working with This is like the beginnings of when the drink Champs was manifesting.
Speaker 1: We were down South and South Miami and Kendall.
Speaker 5: To be exact, and you you were burning hot yep, and you facilitated that record.
Speaker 1: To your buster.
Speaker 4: Buster came to me, He's like, we got come home something for Nor and that's dope. Yeah for real, that's not a different idea. Yes, He's like like the fire trucks is coming to sun No. And I said, let me let me do the houg bus. Yes, yes, and I came up with rot that's it. Yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I know you think you Let me say you thank you. Let me tell you thank you too.
Speaker 2: We got yo, I got fournishing you okayiously, No, I want to say this shot you get a shot, you get a shot, get a shot ahead, give me quickly and I want to say that I'm working right now on the documentary with uh when mons let Man, Mike Willing and and pedigation on another tunnel, working on documentary with a tunnel.
Speaker 1: I heard about this. Actually, yeah, I got footage. If you want stage performing in the tunnel, that's not me to jumbo stage. No, it's no, no, it's not sure. It's compone.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Somebody through shim pain over and he's jumping and crowd.
Speaker 1: You have to be kept performing. Yeah you did, yeah, no, no, no, no, that's not what you did. I got to put out watching it. What do you do? Somebody through somebody, somebody through ship pain on.
Speaker 2: The composers jumped in, the crowd started trying. Then they got through something on them and nobody saying, you know.
Speaker 1: We had about five thousand niggas on stage. He said go get them and did get you. Yeah, niggas win the crowd and then I can pull back on stage and then they finished for me. That's dope. I ain't know you was that powerful side. I don't remember, not one. Go get out here with I remember that version here with Lego a lego, now you know what I mean? Like I don't know what you're talking about, you know, you know, let you man think a picture before you get about it. Here man, you get your your flowers, but we wanted to make sure is anything that you'll forgot that you want to tell y'all fast before we get up.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, man, I got to Eat the Gang Volume one coming this summer with my guy mag Double Low Wolf and shout out to the guy. So Eat the Gang Volume one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, and Max your artists because yeah, yeah you're ma ma man. Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: I just want to just first I want to thank both of you guys for embrace every Timmer kind of Miami. I see you embrace me always like you took care of me with your family, and I want to thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 2: I just want to say the Tunnel documentary. I'm working on another called Batty Gang, and I'm working.
Speaker 1: With Hello bat What's up about what happened? Thank you? It's a reality show about female babs.
Speaker 2: Just here the Gumbos Luca Lex we're working on. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're going on the show to give us well with them and then yeah we had That's it.
Speaker 1: That's pretty much it. Just thank you out you know I'm coming through. I appreciate absolutely. Let's take it.
Speaker 7: Oh we did a shout already, Yeah we did.
Speaker 1: Let's do another one.
Speaker 5: Drink Champs is a drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d j e f FN.
Speaker 1: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 5: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of drink Champs hosted by yours truly, d j e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real nor Reagon, I g at Noriega on Twitter, mineus at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com