Speaker 1: Hey, you're here. You found the Second Date podcast and we love that. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you're here.
Speaker 1: You know what, if you want us to.
Speaker 3: Invade more of your life, we're on YouTube yeah with Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: Your address, I can show up.
Speaker 1: Jose will come to your house and give you hugs. You give me food, uh huh.
Speaker 3: And also there's forty five more minutes of this dumb content that apparently you like, which.
Speaker 1: We're really grateful for.
Speaker 3: You can go for the main feed for the full show Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: But right now, let's get into this relationship stuff.
Speaker 4: Second date up date.
Speaker 5: If you're a guy, you go out on a good date with a lady and then at the end of the night you're too nervous or just forget to ask her about a second one.
Speaker 4: Oh, what's your next course of action?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 4: You send her a simp text like, Hey.
Speaker 6: I like you?
Speaker 1: Why is that.
Speaker 4: We should talk again?
Speaker 5: Sometimes?
Speaker 3: Do you text that's.
Speaker 4: Not super simp? It's not Do you call her a year ago and it's still like beautiful?
Speaker 5: Do you call her fifteen times at her work and demand she pick up the phone because you two have unfinished business?
Speaker 4: Now we're talking and this is the business you have to answer.
Speaker 1: Is that the real man in you talking right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I personally I would say both those options are cringe.
Speaker 1: Oh oh thank god.
Speaker 5: But maybe not as cringe as what our listener Daily did.
Speaker 1: Oh you're just already beating him up, and it.
Speaker 5: Could be contributing to why this girl has been avoiding him lately. So Daily, Before we get to what you did, you need to set the scene for us. Tell us how you met this woman and what her name is.
Speaker 7: Well, her name's Crewdead.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 7: Well we met on a bicycle factory tour.
Speaker 2: What did you just say?
Speaker 4: Bicycle factory tour.
Speaker 1: It's a thing, and how do I sign up?
Speaker 7: There's one in my city that there's like a big bicycle factory, but it's like right next to a brewery, so you can like go have some drinks, go look at bikes drunk, and then basically go back and have drinks.
Speaker 5: So you get to go do stuff, but observe how all the stuff you're doing was made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so fun.
Speaker 1: And then beers and bikes just go so together.
Speaker 8: A lot of bike and beer bars shouldn't be because you shouldn't those.
Speaker 4: Probably aren't hobbies that go together very well, but it's fun.
Speaker 1: A helmet on.
Speaker 4: There you go. You were already taking a tour there and met her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my friends and I kind of hit the brewery and then we were doing the tour, and then in the group of the tour, Crude was with her mom. Oh, but we all kind of just like started joking around with each other, like joking with her mom, joking with her. We were like became like a group of friends.
Speaker 1: Basically, Oh my god, I bet her mom is eating this up. Oh yeah, dude, if a guy ever hit on me with my mom present, my mom's.
Speaker 2: Like, my mom's vacation is with a group of young guys. She immediately texted me I thought.
Speaker 4: His mom would swoop in on the guys.
Speaker 2: She doesn't give me details.
Speaker 5: So at any point are you able to just be alone with just crudette?
Speaker 7: It gets to that. So, like at the end of the tour, I didn't want to like stop hanging out, so I was like, Hey, let's go back over to the brewery, you know what I mean. And we were all there for probably like a half hour, and then her mom had like an appointment or something, and I didn't want to, just like ask her in front of her mom and my friends. So like as they were leaving, it kind of like dawned on me, like I have to do something right now.
Speaker 4: You never see her pop the tires on, Mom, Sorry, can't leave.
Speaker 7: Well I didn't do.
Speaker 5: That, What was your genius idea?
Speaker 7: So I actually just ran out to the parking lot and I basically asked her mom if her daughter could stay because I really liked.
Speaker 4: Because it's still bold.
Speaker 1: Yes, that of the parents old school.
Speaker 4: What did mom say?
Speaker 7: Her mom was cool with it. She was cool with it, so she came back inside. We were hanging out, and my friends kind of got the vibe that me and her were really hitting it off. So like one by one they started to leave to as we continued to hang out, they had.
Speaker 4: To figure it out, like come on, here's my wingman.
Speaker 5: You you got.
Speaker 2: To stay for a little in case it goes bad.
Speaker 1: This is actually really adorable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is super cute. What happened next?
Speaker 7: Or was that it so like it was just us for the rest of the time. We had a kiss at the end of the night.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: We started this by saying that there was a big embarrassing moment. None of this sounds embarrassing.
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 9: Ye, that's right.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm getting to that because I got her number, so I called her. She didn't answer, and I should have never left a voicemail because I just started rambling.
Speaker 4: Oh god that I think I love you in the voice?
Speaker 1: What how did that come out of your mouth?
Speaker 7: It just flipped. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Were you drunk from the brewery?
Speaker 7: No, this is like the next day, Oh god, I.
Speaker 4: Love drunk from the brewery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you use it like a man. I love you. You know that.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I could just be more like.
Speaker 7: You're like, no, I said it like I had such a great time. We just have so much in common. I think I love you.
Speaker 3: And then wow, I didn't even go on the date, and that's like it's hard for me.
Speaker 4: Yes, she liked you and had a great time. That's intimidating for anyone to hear.
Speaker 3: I would have called back immediately and left another voice because I'm terrible at this stuff and been like, I didn't mean that.
Speaker 4: Alexis. If a guy does this to you, says I love you, is it over?
Speaker 2: You can't even call after a first date. That's weird. In the first time the same day. That is so strange. The next day so he knows all this.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for him.
Speaker 4: She has responded at all since that voicemail.
Speaker 7: No, and I'm and I wanted to call again, but like I thought, like I would just make it worse. So I've just been like waiting, and it just the longer that goes on she doesn't call me back, the worst I feel about it.
Speaker 1: Here's a question. When we get her on the phone, do we even bring it up? Do you know what I mean? Is it better to just ignore it and pretend like it didn't happen.
Speaker 4: You know what, some people never check their voicemails.
Speaker 2: I always I always read the transcript. I don't listen. But maybe the transcript didn't say love.
Speaker 5: But I don't get the transcript every time, so she could have just literally never listened to it. Let's yeah, we're all hoping for that that maybe she never even knew this ever happened. We're gonna find out when we call Crew debt for you and try and get you your second date update.
Speaker 4: Make it better light the blow coming up right after this second date update.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to your second date updates. Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and we've been discussing off the air and on the air previously. Should we bring up the voicemail that our listener Daily left for crew Debt after their first meet up because he dropped in I love you in the middle of the message, or did he?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Daily, did you mean.
Speaker 7: To I don't think so. I don't know. It just kind of slipped out. Maybe I subconsciously meant it. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: That's even sweeter response, but feel for him, it's sweeter.
Speaker 7: She feels the same way.
Speaker 1: It's I know, nobody feels the same way after.
Speaker 5: So we're trying to figure out what the reason is and decided our best game plan is probably don't mention it.
Speaker 1: Unless I mean, she'll bring it up. If it's yeah, we don't know what's happening.
Speaker 4: Let's say that she does bring it up. Let's not make excuses for him.
Speaker 1: What do we do.
Speaker 5: Let's just lean in and tell her Daily only said that because you got drunk at the brewery and said it to him first.
Speaker 4: It's kind of your fault.
Speaker 3: That's good manipulate people into thinking things happens.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what that is. That's gaslighting her.
Speaker 4: Start doing that.
Speaker 1: It's not super popular with women.
Speaker 5: I was a fan, but if at the end of the day you fall in love, then it's worth it.
Speaker 1: Just a whole lifetime of gaslighting.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's better than nothing.
Speaker 1: I guess that's a response fallow White is what.
Speaker 5: Let's just hope it doesn't come up at all, and it's something totally unrelated to the voicemail.
Speaker 4: Maybe she hasn't even heard it.
Speaker 1: She's not that drunk at the brewery. She's gonna know, jeff.
Speaker 5: Well, let's find out. I'm going to dial her number right now. We'll see if she picks up. Here we go, Hey, is this crudette?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hey, we're a morning radio show called Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hi. Do you know your name means tiny Italian sushi?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 4: Does it? I just say I CRUDEO.
Speaker 1: It was bugging me so on the break, I was like, her name isn't crude crudette?
Speaker 7: So a crude crudette would be a small piece of Italian sus.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 5: We're not just calling to tell you what your name means, though we have we do have another purpose. Got into it, okay, because one of our listeners reached out saying he's been trying to get a hold of you and has not been able to arrange a second meet up after you two hung out at a brewery together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounded like such a fun night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his name's Daily.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, okay.
Speaker 5: Wow, Sorry, that's what this is about. What's called a second date update?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Has your mom been bugging you to call him? My mom would be so.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 5: We just we want to know less about your mom and more about you and how you fell Jeffrey. We'll get to your mom and her feelings later. We want to know what you thought about your hangout with Daily.
Speaker 9: I mean the hangout was cool and you know, like we had we had a good time.
Speaker 4: Huh, yes, I mean he those feelings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you think when he came to the car and like, you're in the car with your mom and he like chased you guys down to get you to stay.
Speaker 9: I mean there was a little a little intense, but honestly, like six feet but it did get a little crazy. I don't know the night did No, the night was fine, But did you tell you guys about the voicemails.
Speaker 4: Ye, voicemail, Jeff? What's that?
Speaker 1: What about the voicemail is maybe a good question?
Speaker 5: Sorry, I don't know what is voicemail?
Speaker 8: Explain this to me, Like, it's the thing where you call somebody and they don't answer and they leave them a message.
Speaker 4: Why would anybody do that?
Speaker 8: You really tell him something? And like, honestly, I was not expecting it at all.
Speaker 1: You weren't expecting him to call you, or you weren't expecting to hear what he said?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, I figured he'd call me, like we had a good time, Like, why would he call me? He actually told me he loved me?
Speaker 4: Are you sure? Maybe you misheard that. Maybe he said something else.
Speaker 1: Like I love you, yes, yeah, because.
Speaker 4: There's gloves at the bike factory.
Speaker 2: I love food. Maybe that was it.
Speaker 4: I love food, you know, is that possible?
Speaker 8: I'm pretty sure he said I love you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, how did you receive that?
Speaker 8: So it was super intense, but not for the reason you think, Like, I don't even know how to describe this. But the crazy thing is is that I I kind of feel the same way.
Speaker 2: What God, how did I not expect that?
Speaker 4: Now you reciprocate those feelings shut up.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I know it's crazy and like calling him then look, the guy called me yesterday yesterday.
Speaker 4: That happened yesterday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I've been trying to figure out how.
Speaker 4: To say it back.
Speaker 8: I mean, this is crazy. Oh god, you known percent of the time I would be totally creeped out, you know, like you don't just Also, many love them after one hangout.
Speaker 4: This is so cute.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're forgetting that. It hasn't been that long already. Following up, you're on the same page.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, your mom is going to take credit for all of this.
Speaker 8: I honestly haven't told her any of this.
Speaker 1: Are you the first people that you're telling this to?
Speaker 8: I mean, I you know, I do have a best friend that I tell everything to, but you weren't a second.
Speaker 5: Well I know you think that you've only told a couple people that, but you've actually told a third person and it's daily because.
Speaker 4: He is on the other line right now listening to this conversation.
Speaker 8: Oh god, are you serious?
Speaker 7: Daily? Bye? Hie? So are you saying you feel strongly about me? Also, she didn't say it feels strongly?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I I I I know this is insane. I know it is, but I I you know you sometimes you just get a feeling and honestly, like I I think I love you too fast is a lot?
Speaker 7: I wow?
Speaker 5: Huh yeah, daily, How does it feel to hear her say that to you?
Speaker 7: I don't know, it just it kind of feels off. It feels just different from when I said it.
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it kind of freaky to you too much?
Speaker 8: What do you talking about?
Speaker 7: I don't know, it just it just felt better when I said it, but then hearing it, it just it hit my ear just differently than I thought it would.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's because she said it fast, saying that she wants to get married to you. She's just trying to say what you said.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know, I know, I know. It's just a lot for me to take in right now. Honestly, Okay, started it?
Speaker 4: Is it maybe because it was said on the radio? Is that why? Like maybe the setting wasn't perfect for it?
Speaker 1: A little forced?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't want to use that word, but yeah, I guess on the radio it's kind of like different because again, I just built this moment up to something I think bigger than it ever could have been. No matter what she said.
Speaker 1: I mean, no matter what, you guys have an amazing connection. I think that's what you should concentrate on.
Speaker 5: Like the L word is a lot like maybe cre that you just need to say it again one more time, because now the shock has worn off.
Speaker 4: Now it'll really choke in and he'll feel it.
Speaker 8: I think I'm good on the L word for now.
Speaker 4: I feel good this time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a smart call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ale is gonna have to leave the room if it said too many times usually has an allergic reaction.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, maybe you guys save it for when you see each other in person again. And we'd love to arrange that meeting and we'll pay for it.
Speaker 8: I mean, I am and.
Speaker 4: Your well, I'm not going out with you.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be Daily.
Speaker 1: You have to go out again.
Speaker 2: You guys are so cute.
Speaker 7: I'd be cool with it. I don't know. It just might be weird now that we set all this on the radio, but like we could totally hang out again.
Speaker 4: Sure, it doesn't feel as as heartwarming anymore from Daily's part, nor that part.
Speaker 1: I need some love in my life right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, I guess I can understand like you kind of romanticize it in your head, build up what the moment is gonna be like, and then.
Speaker 4: It's just a total letdown. And that's kind of what true love is. What so, Brook, you're living it right now, the total letdown true love. That's why you're so desperate for it. Literally said, I need this shut up, give me another bumpled love. So we'd like to facilitate that again daily. You're you're up for it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Oh, absolutely, Okay, okay, that's all right.
Speaker 4: Congratulations you two. I love you both.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: It's the classic story.
Speaker 5: Guy meets girl, guy likes girl, Guy leaves a voicemail for girls saying I love you. Girl ruins it by saying it back to him. Then desperate married radio host gets disappointed because she doesn't have.
Speaker 4: Enough love in her home life. As old as time, Ja, but mostly for yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think they were so cute, and I totally get why it would be overwhelming.
Speaker 6: All of that.
Speaker 1: All of it was way overwhelming.
Speaker 4: They're even overwhelmed the feelings are happening.
Speaker 3: Totally imagine how awkward that next meetup in person is going to be.
Speaker 1: I guarantee you they're going to handshake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 5: This is why I respect Alexis because she would never say I love you back, not even to her husband of twenty years.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: No, you got to keep waiting.
Speaker 4: That's the way you win the dating.
Speaker 1: Text to LUV, Wow, you like him real emotionally unavailable.
Speaker 4: That's right during the vows.
Speaker 5: It's like my heart handy always.
Speaker 1: That's really healthy, Jeffy.
Speaker 4: Close to the chess ladies.
Speaker 1: You better get an update from them.
Speaker 7: I really.
Speaker 5: We'll find out if they email us back. But you can always email the show if you want some help with your love life, and we'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second Date podcasts wherever you get yours
Speaker 6: At Brook and Jeffrey Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning