Speaker 1: World with me here you know bt no how it goes shout to oct no real color what we see whole game?
Speaker 2: Wait, the ball, the bios something.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can't stand on their own, su see I already know you came with me because up with the squad of me.
Speaker 1: They get into that.
Speaker 4: They called me love.
Speaker 5: Love he.
Speaker 1: Love ball Alert Well to the ball Er Show. Podcasts available everywhere you get your podcast. Please continue to licenscribe and share our YouTube page at baller alert Tv.
Speaker 2: What type of revote? I go by the name of Ferrari Simon. I go by the name you know.
Speaker 6: Bt C T where that I'm Jojo Alonzo, Hey jo Joe in.
Speaker 1: The building, Jojo. I love the shirt because that's how I feel every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this weather got me like this too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stupid as Weather's Bob polar Man was supposed to be like seventy, I hope. So this is the this is the time of the year where it's messed up. It's gonna be cold on Saturday, hot, Tuesday, rain on Friday. You know it's gonna be Yeah, just backed a vacation next days vacation.
Speaker 7: Definitely.
Speaker 2: You was just a l a.
Speaker 1: That was that was working at I'm talking about vacations. When you can go on the beach and do this with your phone.
Speaker 7: You can never do that.
Speaker 2: I try, because you have to post that you're at the beach. No, I don't never post. I post it after I leave it.
Speaker 1: If you ever seen me posts I already left, already definitely same.
Speaker 4: Let's get into these posts in the blog bag. Uh is it Cardi B versus Bea? No, I hope not hope not I hope not as I love Cardi B. All right, So the drama seems to start after both rappers sampled Missy Elliots nineteen ninety nineteen ninety nine song She's a Cardi Broom Doom Doom Doom.
Speaker 7: Cardi B dropped the like what freestyle and then be A she had I that B.
Speaker 4: And then at the end of Carti's video of the song, she has a snippet that kind of sounds similar to Bias fall back.
Speaker 1: I would just say, and I let Jo Joe chime in. Uh, I think that both songs are dope. I think both are both artists are dope.
Speaker 7: The Cardi B songing came out. You are you talking about the snippet.
Speaker 2: Or the the Yeah Missy Elliott Missy Elliott remake.
Speaker 1: Those are both dope firebeat, fire Beat, fire Beat to sample Missies the Goat to me? Uh, you talk about everybody else miss Is to go I don't care nobody, but I would say, uh I just like there are different versions of it. I'm eager to see what Cardi's snippet is going to become.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I.
Speaker 6: Needed, more data my turn, because what go ahead? How could somebody be upset about something that wasn't yours to begin with? Anyway, It's not neither one of these songs.
Speaker 2: It's Missy song. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So like how you're gonna get mad that somebody used the same sample that you use, but you use it for somebody else.
Speaker 3: Where's the beef?
Speaker 2: So that's what they're mad about. Well, I don't think it's mad.
Speaker 6: I think it's a it's people trying to get them to beef.
Speaker 4: It's chattered somebody, somebody put it on Twitter x, but be it is definitely on Cardi's moved board a lot. And so Carti comes back and says, make a fool out of themselves every single time, crying face emoji. I'm gonna show y'all something when I released this song winky face emoji.
Speaker 1: Well, made the best song, win made the best song, Win made the best song, Win and make you more and more money and more riches.
Speaker 3: I just don't see the drama.
Speaker 2: I don't see it either.
Speaker 6: I just think that that's cat yeah, like that's not Yeah, it was a sample. And I don't even think that they I don't even think that they really even had beef. You know how people just be talking and I don't even think that they responded to each other. They probably responded to a fan that you said.
Speaker 2: Something fans create beef.
Speaker 3: No, That's what I'm saying. Like they probably was, like you probably didn't even know that that had a song like that.
Speaker 6: She probably really honestly didn't even know because the cocoon just like she you know about Coach and how she had to go and buy her coach back.
Speaker 1: Did you guys see that that first of the foremost shut out the coach. Coach always had some dope shit to me, they always have premium leather products.
Speaker 7: What happened coach?
Speaker 2: Cardi back has a line in the song damn Yeah, she said.
Speaker 3: I don't know exactly what she said.
Speaker 6: You can look at but basically in a nutshell, she sang like, why are you wearing coach? Like basically, people don't really rock to coach.
Speaker 2: It's a specific line, damn I got.
Speaker 3: But she said it while you looking it up. But she said it.
Speaker 6: She said because there was a line in a New York song by Cameron where he disc coach and she said at that time she was wearing coach like heavy, and he was like made a line that was like, why are you wearing coach? Basically, So she said she stopped wearing coach ever since then, and that was when she was like in high school or something like that. And so then she made like a similar line too, and then the girls came.
Speaker 3: From was like, what you mean coaches? Coaches fly like coach got some nice stuff.
Speaker 1: Also, coach is also her fan base. Well, oh like a coach bad baby. This ain't what you want Boom. That's what she said, and everybody's like that was what was going on with coach. I just think I just think a lot to get that coach hat. By the way, I think a lot of artists don't understand that the average person that you're that's consuming your music can't afford what you can can't afford, you can't afford. And in my opinion, I'm not even a designer person anyway, so I don't even see why we even buy all this.
Speaker 2: Is Coach considered a designer.
Speaker 6: Back it is, it is, but it's more of an affordable Yeah, but there are certain brands that people do not wear no more, like and if you wear it, they're gonna get onto you. Like for instance, like y'all not out here wearing data.
Speaker 3: What's that exactly?
Speaker 2: Listen, don't don't get me started, because that's.
Speaker 6: I'm not big, but she's not what I'm saying. Like back then people was wearing that. It's just certain brands that people just not wear no more. Then again, it's also people that's trying to like flex like they can afford these brands, and they can't afford shit.
Speaker 1: I like Coach, Coaches fire. Do you talk about that people be living above they means. I was just talking to my homeboy on the phone, Bart and I was like, man, I was like, man, I was in LA and somebody was trying to get me to buy this Supreme jacket that the jacket was flying.
Speaker 2: I said, it's twenty three hundred dollars probably.
Speaker 1: If twenty three hundred, man, I said, if you think I'm about to spend this money on this jacket, you got the wrong one.
Speaker 6: But you know what, it's kind of hard for like women those because you know, you could be like a woman with a regular job like me.
Speaker 3: I have a regular job.
Speaker 6: Or whatever, but I received gifts beyond my paycheck, like what I get, you know what I'm saying. So it looks like I might be living beyond my knees, but it ain't got nothing to do with me. You know that I would appreciate if the person who's gifted me would just give me the money. But if you're gonna give me the gift, that's fine. You're giving me a ten thy fifteen thousand dollars bag, Like I'm like, okay, thank you, But applying pressure, I don't. Yeah, but see that's not it, not even you know, that's not really my thing. But if you're doing that, okay, cool. But I'm just saying that to say, like sometimes you be leaving living by beyond your knees and you don't even you're not even the one that's buying and shit time for coach man Hey.
Speaker 7: Man by the way.
Speaker 4: That song that like what freestyle video was directed by Offset two.
Speaker 1: Nice jot they gotta come on the show Offset.
Speaker 7: But that beat it so hard.
Speaker 2: Du I love any Missy remakes as a band.
Speaker 4: I mean, people do it wrong though, a lot of people don't do remix right.
Speaker 3: You know, Cardy, It's time for Cardi to come back.
Speaker 6: I don't I don't know if she gets her mental right or she just been in the booth working hard or whatever, but I'm ready for her to drop something that was a good.
Speaker 4: Why people are saying she's scared to drop music because she admitted it.
Speaker 2: She's afraid of being being judged.
Speaker 1: Because you gotta understand, every time artists drop music, artists are like us. They read their comments, They read everything with people saying about them. So I think it kind of makes them a little bit insecure, you know, to release music, because you got to understand.
Speaker 2: Her first album.
Speaker 6: Was right, Yeah, so she has a lot on She has a lot on this album, like writing on this album.
Speaker 3: But that's the same thing Sweetie said.
Speaker 6: Sweetie said that she ain't dropped no music because ain't nobody worried about her music?
Speaker 3: She was like, ain't nobody really concerned about my music.
Speaker 2: So I'm not really trying to single.
Speaker 3: I'm not really trying to drop nothing.
Speaker 2: Sweety and Cardi is different.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying, you'll wait't on the Sweety record.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying that somebody else said the same thing.
Speaker 3: She said that she she don't drop music.
Speaker 2: Car is completely different, league, What do you mean different Car? We know we know they didn't Cardi dropped.
Speaker 1: You know, Sweety Sweety doesn't have as big of a fan base as Cardi.
Speaker 2: Cardi is different. That's what I'm saying. Entertain we can't put them in the same conversation.
Speaker 6: So you was, I was just saying that someone else, another artist, said the same thing.
Speaker 3: Obviously they're not the same type of artists.
Speaker 1: But I just I just appreciate Sweety been. I mean, that's just her being honest and being truthful. Like I don't understand that, Yeah, Like I don't understand why everybody isn't just truthful. It's like some actors, it's like, why do you not coming out with a movie. Maybe somebody don't want to watch watch them in another movie, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like some people like the mystique, though some people like like a jay Z.
Speaker 1: You know he is he on Instagram? Is he not on Instagram? Is that really him tweeting? Or is that somebody? You know?
Speaker 2: Some people like the mystique of the artists.
Speaker 7: You got a big fan base though.
Speaker 6: Sweety has a huge fan base and they may not be a fan of her because of the music, but all that stuff.
Speaker 7: That she does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what what what's her What would be like consider her fan base?
Speaker 7: Would kids kids follow her?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Like the demographic?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, like what's her? What's her demo?
Speaker 6: I say, like high school up unto about twenty five years?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: They kids?
Speaker 2: Don't wait roight you worked that you worked at her label? You want that one? Yeah? You would. I don't know.
Speaker 7: You don't know her demo. I don't know what the hell was you doing over there?
Speaker 2: I was doing a lot. I'm just getting easy money. I'm not answering that.
Speaker 3: I said.
Speaker 6: I will say probably up to like like twenty five because.
Speaker 8: She's the eighteen twenty four Yeah, because she's she has styles, she's pretty, she's funny, like so people gravitate to her because of her personality and her style.
Speaker 6: She's different, she does different things and what she says, she says like what's on her mind. She keeps it real and she not in a lot of drama. Like she not in any drama.
Speaker 1: Shout out to sweet because she has an amazing team. I don't know anybody on her team. I just know those deals that I see her signing, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: She has actually has a partnership too. I don't know if it's expired her still, but and she finds so Icy all her signed the warner. It's so icy, and then so Icy signed the warner. It's dope, sweety, smart man.
Speaker 4: She chooses a lot of things that she want to do because if she don't want to do it, she's not doing it.
Speaker 3: It ain't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't understand why she gets so much hate because she seems such a like a sweet girl. You never really hear any drama about her, and she get into the bag.
Speaker 2: It's just the record. She drops.
Speaker 1: Never really do anything. That's all her last three records didn't really do anything. Her hit was so ic, but don't forget she was she was on she was on the road, and she had three bangers.
Speaker 2: Then she had best friends. She had three bankers. That that's what I'm saying and get another hit.
Speaker 1: She had three bangers, so that's that solidified her already, So she already solidified. However, the most recent stuff hasn't. But that's if we bring Cardi into the equation. Cardi at least goes number one.
Speaker 2: When she dropped, yeah, for sure every.
Speaker 1: Time, even Bogos that wasn't our favorite, but it still went number one radio. I just think, I just think I see a lot of female hate on the internet right now.
Speaker 2: And I think it all can't get along.
Speaker 1: But but I know I'm saying as far as like the fans, I think the fans are like so mad that that these females are so popping more than the male rappers.
Speaker 4: So, speaking of that, what do you think about when Joe Budden said that the female rap trend is over?
Speaker 5: We'll be right back with more of a Baller Alert shell. You're listening to a special edition of the Baller Alert Show.
Speaker 2: The Girl Rapper Wavers Over. I don't think. I don't think the trend is over.
Speaker 1: I just think it became so saturated because if you go to Magic City. I go to Magic City, it's always a stripper telling me she raps Now if I go, you know, to the club, the bottlegirl's a rapper.
Speaker 6: Now, well, I mean because it's it's reachable, Like you can be a rapper if you talking about some shit that people want to hear. Yeah, and you got a good producer, shit, you could be a fucking rapper.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 6: It's not because it's it's because they're starting to see that people a lot more women that are like them are starting to be successful. So since they see that, they feel like they could be the same way. But that's because they have people that they can like, idols like that they can look up to that's doing that. It used to be like super difficult for women to get into the industry and get into the rap industry whatever.
Speaker 3: Now it's like she anybody can make it because people.
Speaker 2: Can say men or women. Yeah, men and women.
Speaker 1: But I just think I don't think that the trend is over, or even if it is a trend.
Speaker 2: I just think it's just so saturating.
Speaker 7: I'm sure exactly if he says trend, but it was he said along.
Speaker 2: That line, the girl rapper waves over, Well, why.
Speaker 3: Would you say it's over?
Speaker 6: And it's steadily steady women, I think.
Speaker 2: It's just I think it's only the beginning.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I agree too, because the women are dropping more music consistent than the male rappers.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like, women run everything.
Speaker 2: I'm about we about to see like a very soon.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like we're going to start seeing a lot more bigger women executives and like labels ran by head like you you know, like.
Speaker 2: Ceo P from Quality Control.
Speaker 1: Don't be surprised if you eventually see a female rand label.
Speaker 2: Trust when you do have a lot of female executives.
Speaker 1: Have we seen one run a label like how P and Coach K and that's.
Speaker 2: Coming soon to What was that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Electra what's her name? Who brought Missy on? She's a legend, dang.
Speaker 7: Her hurt her thing escaping.
Speaker 4: But she she was in charge of the whole Electra brought on, you know, Missy More.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like more, I think it's going to be a lot more because it's time female. You need a you need female representation at the head of the table.
Speaker 6: Yeah, at the end of the day, Like let's not let's not forget that women really run ship. That's just what it is. Even in a marriage, women run the marriage.
Speaker 2: I don't think any.
Speaker 1: Team.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, like the women is the head of okay, is in charge? Women in charge of things.
Speaker 2: Okay, women are definitely in charge of things.
Speaker 3: And they are and it's a minute's people in charge.
Speaker 2: That's how it works.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well we'll leave that where it's at. Both people are in charge, if you're.
Speaker 1: Okay, both people are in charge, but it may not be fifty to fifty, but somebody gonna have some say.
Speaker 3: So, okay, call her right now. We're gonna ask.
Speaker 2: She's at work a very good job.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna interrupt what I'm just saying.
Speaker 6: Like women, for a while, we've been running a lot of things and we just had to like like let it be known or or I guess have examples of how we can run things for people can actually start putting respect on our name, and so like now it's it's opening up a lot of opportunities for women, Like now you see women being coaches for football teams and and uh, it's just it's just opening up the doors, like women are coming up like taking over right now, and I'm just super I'm happy for that.
Speaker 1: I'm happy for it. So I don't think it's gonna stop. I think it's just gonna start evolving, because evolution is like it's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was so Sylvia Rohan. I was saying she was the CEO of Electure Records. Today she's a CEA LEO of Epic Records.
Speaker 1: Wow, which is dope, because again, it's just going to be more of that. Like look at Tina, who was a friend of the show. Mattina is s VP at Death Jam. She's one She's one position away from being the head honcho at that jam.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So again, it's just gonna be more of that.
Speaker 3: I love that so much.
Speaker 2: It helps.
Speaker 7: Like even look at the Grammys chair.
Speaker 4: He's a black man, even though he looks even though he's mixed.
Speaker 1: But you know, yeah, I definitely thought. I definitely thought he was white. I definitely did, correct.
Speaker 7: I mean, I just be knowing these crazy facts.
Speaker 4: But another fact, Jarrel says, well maybe in fact, Jarrel says that he won in a fight between him and fifty.
Speaker 2: Cent, but you've actually had a physical fight with him. Absolutely he was I did. Is it the legendary fight that happened a long time ago? And then someone got stashed.
Speaker 7: Sure, he didn't specify what fight it was.
Speaker 1: You know, fifty used to be a boxer like he, I don't, I don't know. And Joe Rue was kind of miniature, but he got bigger later. So if it's the fight that happened a long time ago, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Pears Morgan asked him if he ever, uh you know, was in a fight with Joe rub if they were in a fight with the When he said, well, that's happened already, like and he said did you win?
Speaker 1: He was like, yeah, I don't think he was. So why But why is Pears Morgan asking r those type?
Speaker 3: First of all, who's gonna admit to get the ass beat?
Speaker 2: Nobody canless it's on camera.
Speaker 1: Then even if you get your ass whooped on camera, you ain't gonna met you got yours one camera off camera.
Speaker 6: Somebody asked me any fight that I've ever been into my entire life, Somebody asked me if I won?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: I right?
Speaker 3: Like are you talking about? I don't.
Speaker 6: Sometimes half the time, when you fight anyway, you don't even feel the blows.
Speaker 3: Your adrenaline already.
Speaker 2: Last for twenty seconds. Yeah, Like there's no boxing map, like.
Speaker 3: How many times you hit me? I don't know. I didn't feel it. I didn't feel it.
Speaker 1: People like you, nobody's every nobody's ever gonna say I got my ass.
Speaker 4: I mean even in real boxing, like you know, sometimes you watch it and then at the end it doesn't seem like anybody won.
Speaker 7: But then they're like, well this person got these many.
Speaker 1: Hits and in the actual.
Speaker 2: Punches missed too.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's and that's yeah, maybe he meant that.
Speaker 7: Maybe he meant the technicality.
Speaker 3: First of all, If I.
Speaker 6: If I had to choose if he was lying or not, then I would say he's definitely because fifty and jo Ru. If I had to choose a fighter in a street fight, I'm going with fifty every time.
Speaker 4: Even the size the weight class got bumped up a little.
Speaker 2: Doing the push up.
Speaker 6: Don't act like we ain't recently see somebody gets slunk. People getting slung around, like dot matter how big or small people is getting.
Speaker 7: Slung Oh, like, what's his name? Cam Newton?
Speaker 2: He was slinging as man, but were men?
Speaker 1: But that man they called him the reason the way you and Jojo and Jojo spoke to him, Yeah.
Speaker 7: We learned they were men.
Speaker 2: Just by watching your.
Speaker 6: I know, so crazy thing is the guy with the dress, he's like six one or something like that.
Speaker 2: He's taking like six six or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know he's talking.
Speaker 1: He's a jack guy, you know what I'm saying. First of all, that's a whole nother story. But I don't even know why they tried to fight his big ass.
Speaker 7: What they say it was he was they were provoked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've been.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's don't be in that don't mean don't play sports then, because they talked ship, they talked and sports.
Speaker 6: But I did hear though at seven on seven they talk a lot of it's greasy, like like man to see you like listen.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't play basketball at l A Fitness That's why I go to DC Basketball runs because I'm like, you play basketball against people like regular people.
Speaker 2: They want professionals, they want to fight.
Speaker 6: I question, though, do you you is there a like if a man talks to you crazy, is it a certain thing that you'd be like, No, I'm just not gonna let you talk to me like that.
Speaker 1: I got too much shit to lose. I don't give a fuck. Well, nobody say to me. I got way too much. On the other hand, unless you touch my wife or my kids, I'm not I don't.
Speaker 2: Given what you say to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about you like.
Speaker 1: Say, it's certain things that you just can't say, like we're gonna have to get down, Like it's just certain things that you can't say.
Speaker 2: Like I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know this was a thing from being around like I got like a lot of New York homies. I didn't even know, like this was like a fight where it was like if you if a man tell you to suck its private parties, like you got a file off.
Speaker 3: On him, Like, well, you see what I'm saying, like stuff.
Speaker 2: You can't say. I'm on camera.
Speaker 1: I don't even I don't even got time to I don't got time to lose nothing. I take care of too many people. I gotta take care of too many households. I don't got time for all that. You can say whatever you want, just don't touch my wife and my kids. You my wife and my kids. I'm at you outside of that, I don't give what you tell me.
Speaker 6: I just asked because like a man, I don't know. Because as a woman, if a woman say something to me, or to you like, okay, you shouldn't have know, Like the only reason like you're gonna get me out my body is if you touch me or my kids, but say something to my kids, I might go there, I might go my wife and kid.
Speaker 1: You talk about any one of them or say something about them or touch one is on. But that's that's why we gotta be, you know, proactive. And that's why I said, hey, I don't play basketball at I know that I'm gonna put myself in a bad position. Not that they're gonna, I just try to stay stay away from like certain environments. That's why certain clubs, I'll be like, I don't want to host that club because I just don't want to put myself in a position to lose my position or go there or attend this thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure, that's that's good though. That's that's a maturity.
Speaker 7: But I understand what you're saying because a lot of men are big on respects.
Speaker 4: So it's just like you ain't gonna just disrespect me and think I'm not gonna do nothing.
Speaker 2: Get I get it. I get it.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of being provoked, how would you feel if you were Uncle Shay Shake? Because they've been Uh. He was popping out the truck at Total Wine.
Speaker 2: He love it though, Man, he cool. I mean, I mean this part of the game.
Speaker 1: He he you want number one spot, You're gonna get number one situation.
Speaker 2: He loved that.
Speaker 3: He loved being like trending. He loved trending that. I don't mean nothing. He's still gonna be the same person because that's just.
Speaker 7: Who he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, already rich. He when he got out the car and he hit the I said, hold on now, you're getting too much money, hold on too much. It was a little sat A lot of large athletes don't need to do that.
Speaker 2: That's jacked up muscular walk like that.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: That true, that's what they do.
Speaker 3: Walk like that. I've seen a lot of.
Speaker 2: People who are large men. They walk. You know who I blamed this on.
Speaker 1: That's I blamed this on Cat Williams because Cat Williams is like a prophecy. He he told say say, this is gonna take your show to another dimension. And that man was not lined because when you got that number one spot, I think they was. I saw someone on the internet where they were showing the viewership between Skip Baylor's viewership and.
Speaker 2: They was showing saying his guard viewership, and I was like, you know, that's what people do.
Speaker 1: You know, people always want to find something against who got the number one spot?
Speaker 2: Okay, he we gotta get.
Speaker 1: Something like y'all have made the man fire his assistant, I mean stylist.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, I.
Speaker 6: Mean he's been in the blogs and stuff for a while though, Like remember he almost got into a tussle at the at the was it the Lakers in Memphis or yeah, you know, and I think that's when he kind of like actually I mean with him and skipped. You know, if you know sports, you know, so you keep up with that. But when like the entire world really was like put on, I feel like it's with that fight and.
Speaker 3: That's what you because he looked crazy then too.
Speaker 2: But it ain't never been on. It ain't never been on this level.
Speaker 1: Like I'm looking at the one hundred thousand shares and stuff people sharing that to everybody.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, I'm like, Cat Williams really top guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he the top guy, and when you're the top guy, you see what happens is always something.
Speaker 6: No, I'm saying that to say he's he he has been putting himself in a position to like trend the way he because he's still there, Like he may not have been number one, but you heard of him.
Speaker 3: Like who is this guy? Then again who is this guy?
Speaker 2: Man? I like how he has him. He holds many hats.
Speaker 1: He's on ESPN. First take two days out the week. He has the nightcap O Joe and Gilbert Areena. Then he has club. These are multiple different things and as media personalities, we all know you.
Speaker 2: Have to have your hands, you'll have a lot of jobs. So he's actually showing exactly what you need to do to stay as relevant and make as much money as possible, because you can't just put your hat and put all your eggs in one basket. Are around the word you know what? You know what I love love about him? I love things that I didn't know.
Speaker 1: As far as him saying the jobs that he was removed from they didn't want him. It wasn't like because I thought, I'm like, oh he leaving because he about to go get the bag now.
Speaker 2: No, he was like they didn't want me there. They didn't.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think a lot of people who are in his position or grow always leave a situation because they felt slighted or the person that they left didn't kind of they didn't see.
Speaker 2: When he said he got pushed out.
Speaker 6: He said pushed going against each other, or that he always felt like he was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one day, actually I actually enjoyed the shot.
Speaker 7: When you're trying to put his glasses back on a lot of people.
Speaker 1: I actually watched that live and I just was like, WHOA. I was just like I was eating was left over spaghetti for the night before and it fell on the floor because I was like, yo, I liked it.
Speaker 6: But he feels like they was trying him as a man. Uh and they were slight to him and.
Speaker 2: See that fight.
Speaker 1: But but you know what they probably was because we haven't been in the situations where you know what I'm saying, we got pushed out, and you know what, when you leave, it's just.
Speaker 2: Like that, that's when you elevate. His elevation has been televised.
Speaker 3: I love that him.
Speaker 1: And he's a dark skin brother with a lisp and a lot of he has a lot of handicaps that when you see it, you be like, man, I'm so happy that he has because you know, usually it's the affairs skin, nice hair, perfect teeth. He does have perfect teeth, but he has a list when he talks and he stutters.
Speaker 2: I stuttered too sometimes, So it.
Speaker 1: Just gave me motivation, like this is a great representation of someone in media that made it that doesn't have to be perfect mode, the perfect mold of you know, how it's supposed to be done.
Speaker 2: He has a list.
Speaker 7: Well, I think a lot of things are changing now. You look at Resa Tisa.
Speaker 4: Who just got ita contract from her her story that did four hundred million on TikTok.
Speaker 7: Now she wasn't paid properly.
Speaker 2: For that's huge.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, the world is changing every day right before our eyes. And I and I love to see, uh, you know, people from our culture getting these positions, getting these bags and showing people you don't have to look a certain way, you don't have to fit this perfect mold to get these positions, because for a long time in media, you gotta look a certain way. You you couldn't have braids.
Speaker 2: You know, And I do.
Speaker 3: I do love that, But another side of me be kind of like clean it up.
Speaker 6: Sometimes I be hating on it sometimes, like why because I just feel like it's so easy now and for somebody who like who's older and had to go through the mud, like had to go I had to go to school, and I had to intern, and I had to I had to do this. I had to do that, and I'm working so hard to get to where I'm at, and it's like you just at home and you do a forty minute thing and you got something, like you know, I get it everything. Ever, when it's your time, it's your time. What's for you for you and I and I do believe in that, and I'm not knocking anybody else's success, but sometimes I just be like, Damn, I didn't have to do all this.
Speaker 1: I was talking to your co host Kodak, and we gotta get Kodak on the show one time because Kodak be handing some crazy shit. I was telling Kodak. I feel like, now it's like it's the bigger your brand is. But I feel like what makes us stick apart stick out is that we're consistent and we show true journalism, and I feel that those are the people who sustain a little longer, the true journalists. One time for just hilarious because she kind of had to kind of bring this on because remember she was a comedian. To get a breakfast club slot, you really had to learn some type of radio mechanics. And if you listen to the show, she'll fumble here and there sometimes because that's the journalism that didn't come from people like us who traditional traditionally learned it by going through it the hard way. She kind of came in with the brand, and you'll see that those certain people get picked because of the brand, and then you get certain people that come up journalists.
Speaker 2: But that's why I feel like radio is never going to die because on radio you actually have to be good.
Speaker 1: Well I'm just thinking honest to sustain what jojo what you were saying. To add on what you were saying, I agree. But the one thing that I do don't like about with our position, like as far as being journalists and media, is that now we live in a day and age where now they just want the celebrity come do this. Now, it's like we don't even care about the people that got ten to fifteen years experience is really doing this really passionate about it.
Speaker 2: They just want to get a celebrity.
Speaker 1: Like now you even see on the radio, it's just like we're just gonna put a celebrity on the radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's no shot to nobody, even.
Speaker 3: If on a red carpet, to interview these these we want to.
Speaker 1: Put a celebrity to interview people, and then when they're like, man, this person suck. They don't know how to interview, they don't know how to do this, I'm like, Dug, that's like telling a guy that's.
Speaker 2: You know, it's popular, thank you exactly, Like.
Speaker 1: This person is popular in football, so we're gonna make him a starting point guard for our for our basketball team.
Speaker 7: Like yeah, I mean I like the change.
Speaker 4: You know, I've I too, worked super hard, go to school, all that stuff, but I feel like it all shape me for today because I learned so much that I can apply to now. But it's such a it's not an even playing field because when you have the celebrity to come in and be like, well, I'm finnah, I have this power behind me, which is money. Sometimes that can just you know, buy all the nice equipment and then you know, they go viral for their opinion because everybody want to know what they think.
Speaker 7: That's kind of unfair.
Speaker 4: But the rawness of a TikTok or Instagram for somebody to come and make something up, you know, put their ideas out there and get a chance to go viral. I think it's changing the way that we see things and you can't have a raw talent like a just hilarious come on a breakfast club and just be herself or bring you know, that that piece of internet to the forefront to radio so that it doesn't die. So I like it because it's just like now it's like everybody trying to do the same thing, even celebrities they trying to you know, figure out the formula too.
Speaker 6: And that's all good and that's all funny games and up to everybody who's doing that. And I'm not knocking nobody who doing that, and you know, I rock with who is like successful. I'm just saying that for me being a personality, like it's just harder to like get on at yeah when you're like going about it, you know, the bookway.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So I just need to pop up my phone and say yeah that and well, I don't know, I don't like these people, but if you.
Speaker 4: Go that way, it's it's I like the way that it's opened up so you can have new ways to go, because you could say one thing and then your life will change. You know what I'm saying that you know, you can go viral off of something slight. You know, you could be Yeah, you could be in the club or something you've been going off with somebody, somebody tape you, and then it'd be a powerful speech. You'd be like, man, look at this girl, she like Amanda Seals, you know what I'm saying, when she went off on Caitlyn Jenner, and it's just like, you know, it just turned her world into something else.
Speaker 7: I mean I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you definitely one content. Oh wait from success or failure successful failure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just see the way cancelation.
Speaker 4: But to your point though, I just seen something on Instagram and it's like, you know, y'all made us do all these things and then the rules change.
Speaker 1: What people don't understand is going to school, all these things. That's designed for you to be in the box. It's designed for you to do what the people in the higher power want you to do. Make them do this, make them do that. So I can put these people in a box so they don't think outside or think any of this is possible. But now what's happening with the Internet. Everybody's showing you that it's possible. With somebody on TikTok or YouTube right now that's twenty three years old, making millions.
Speaker 2: Of dollars and they didn't have to do shit.
Speaker 1: I wish it was like this when I was in college, because I slick went viral in college because I had a radio show at my college university one time for USF and I went viral. I had a girl on my show. A guy on my show said this girl gave him an STD. Then the girl came on my show and said, no, I gave it back to the guy. The guy goes to the cafeteria tells the girl she's a whole. The girl lies and say he hits her. He gets kicked off the football team. The president of the university was like, Yo, how did this happen? And they were like, it was on this radio show. This got this kid named Sean Simpson. And but there was no Internet like that. It was just America online and we had aim you know what I'm saying, So it was just word of mouth. If I had the Internet when that happened, and I was twenty one years old, when that happened, Like, dude, if I would have had.
Speaker 7: The internet, got hired on somebody TV show or.
Speaker 2: I did not get the internship at ninety five point seven to be which now I have the show on Sunday. The whole fucking sixteen years late.
Speaker 7: Gratulations, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, like I applied for the internship, I didn't get it.
Speaker 2: But if that, if I went viral how I went on.
Speaker 1: Campus, that I would have been easier for you. I would have been right in. And I had a communications major. Yeah, that's what I went to school for.
Speaker 2: Do you talk on the radio? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Internet is like the equalizer.
Speaker 1: Well that's why that's why I dropped out of school because once once I was in college, I was getting mass communication degree, and it was you know these guys that were on the radio.
Speaker 2: I'm like, crazy, I'm having a conversation with them. I'm like, you go to school for this? No? No, I'm like, so what am I going to school for?
Speaker 1: Everybody that I'm looking up to in this position didn't even cruise change.
Speaker 2: They're not even going through this.
Speaker 3: Do people ask for you all's degree? Have you have anybody.
Speaker 1: Asked, So, yeah, when I had a day jib when I graduated college. That's the last time I had to do it before then it was just more so.
Speaker 3: I've never had anyone ask me.
Speaker 2: That's when I was at least in the media world.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean because because your resume is one is your face card.
Speaker 4: Well, the way that I started my career, I was in college and I was actually working while I was still in school, So it just they just pulled.
Speaker 7: Me right out of there.
Speaker 3: Yes, they think how mine was.
Speaker 4: I was just gone, So I didn't really have to do it because you know, it's really about who you know, you know what I'm saying. So it's kind of like, oh, I know you do, Okay, cool it is.
Speaker 1: You know, one time for FLYG got DC he got drafted right out of college. Some people get drafted out.
Speaker 2: Of college because I remember we went and watched him do mansioning on on Friday.
Speaker 1: He was a criminal justice major. He never even thought about doing radio, and then me, DJ Holladay and Stix Malone came and watched him, and then he came to the streets now for five But I.
Speaker 4: Will say the college does give you a boost because those they have relationships with corporations and things like that, so they can get you in the door, have those people recruits come and look at you and.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that. That's how I got my job.
Speaker 6: They had like the radio station to come to the school and did like open interviews or whatever.
Speaker 3: And I got open.
Speaker 6: I got like an entry level like I was doing street team promotions or whatever. But you know, work yourself up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I went to twy So it's ain't that at all. I went to a community college, Okay, I just I only went for the loan.
Speaker 7: I went to au and uh. From there, I started working at viewn No.
Speaker 2: Three. We had did the.
Speaker 4: BT weekend and then then they was like, hey, I want to come. Anybody want to have an internship at Viewing O three And I didn't really know what that was at the time that I was from here. I was just like, okay, I ain't.
Speaker 7: Got nothing to do.
Speaker 4: And I went there and then it was an actual interview for a job, not an internship. He was like, you can't be I need to hire you. I can't just have you interning here.
Speaker 3: And trade school is it called trade school? I went to media. I went to media school.
Speaker 1: That's what that's what we should media we should be having like that's in my opinion, that's why I feel like if you're going to go to school for media, that's what it should be for. It should be for the connections, Like school should be able to draw media personalities filmmakers and say, hey, you come here, you're gonna get the connections you need and the knowledge you need, and we're gonna make sure you good. But you know, school is different from everybody else because of course, we don't want.
Speaker 2: No doctor to be like, hey, I'm a doctor. I didn't even go to school.
Speaker 3: You know what you want to be.
Speaker 4: It's a difference when you know what you want to be or what you want to do and you kind of go in there and shape your career and start your career like that. Because some people go in straight out of high school, don't know what they want to do and waste time and then I don't this ain't for me, you know, they find themselves with a whole bunch of debt.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, ooh that was me. I did not know what I want to do.
Speaker 1: That debt is well, people don't understand at least I wish I would have understood as a young black man that my mom never told me I should go to college or do anything like that, not in a bad way. My mom was just always like, son, be passionate about what you want to do. If you don't want to go to school, you ain't got to go to school.
Speaker 2: Just do something.
Speaker 1: Luckily, I always had a job. I don't care if I worked at Route twenty one, at and T Sprint. I done worked at all those places. But what I tell people is like, be mindful about when you go to school and they try to tell you to get this loan and that loan, go talk to somebody. Understand what type of debt you're putting yourself into. Because a lot of black people were not educated in the sense of the school ram and how that stuff worked.
Speaker 2: Because I was taking out loans and I didn't even know it was a loan.
Speaker 1: You know, they make it a send like this is for you to get to be comfortable, you know, going to school and you know this and that, and then you look up and they asking you for ten thousand dollars, you know, when you only went to school.
Speaker 2: For three months and I only went to college for three months, and I'm ten thousand in the whole. I thought that was to help me survive.
Speaker 4: Like you know, I will give that piece of advice, like know what you're trying to do before you go to an institution, because you can.
Speaker 2: Walk out with debt A lot, a lot. I paid off my debt, though I mean by the paying.
Speaker 3: Off debt to paying off sheep.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is a great conversation. We guys have nohe nelse but ball or mail, so lit's get to it.
Speaker 5: We'll be right back with more of the ball or alert shows.
Speaker 2: I am in love with my best friend, but I'm scared to tell her because I know for a fact it will mess up our friendship.
Speaker 1: We've been best friends since high school. We are both in our early thirties. We are both females that like other females. My other issue is hiding my feelings. It's also messing up our relationship because the more time we spend together, the more in love I become.
Speaker 2: What do I do well?
Speaker 1: It seems like y'all shouldn't be spending this much time together. You know, you definitely don't want to break up a good friendship. If y'all friends and you in love with this person, I feel like you should confess your love if that's what you really want to do. If you don't want to do that, you need to y'all need some time apart. You know what I'm saying, Like not their besties, go ahead.
Speaker 3: If you want to be with this girl, then you're gonna have to tell her.
Speaker 6: And if she's really your best friend, she's not gonna hold that against you, you know what I'm saying, Like she might have a little bit feelings towards you too. You don't know, she may not be in love with you, but she probably got a little something, you know. Just I think you need to tell You need to tell her because if not, I think it's very much so predatorial.
Speaker 3: You're praying on this woman every every chance you get.
Speaker 2: It's gonna break your heart if you don't tell her. So don't have your your heart broken.
Speaker 3: Just tell her.
Speaker 2: Just tell her. It's breaking her heart not to tell her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what happens if you got to? What happens if she don't? If she likes you, gotta live Like we're supposed to be friends, but she's.
Speaker 3: Not gonna be like we can't be friends anymore. If y'all are best friends.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a little awkward because now you can't get undressed in front of your friend because you know she looking at you no matter.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just think if you don't tell, it's gonna hurt more than if you tell her. And then you know, y'all not as close as you know.
Speaker 3: Just take the l gang, Just tell her and she's gone.
Speaker 2: What if she's in love with you too, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: She might be like I like you back, or she might not.
Speaker 1: She's just waiting on you because she made me feel awkward telling you that only happens in movies.
Speaker 7: It's just like you know, if you say something and it doesn't go your way, you'll be hurt. If you don't say anything, you're hurting.
Speaker 2: But you know, like said, can you live? Do you not live with.
Speaker 7: A chance that that you could be a happy ever after? Because she may feel the same.
Speaker 3: But even if it's not a happily ever after, say it, because it's killing you.
Speaker 2: It's killing would you would you rather? Yeah? I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't want my heart to be hurt and every time I'm with you because I want to tell you that I love you, just say that I love Just tell her.
Speaker 7: That you love her, you in love with her?
Speaker 2: What I just call to say I love you.
Speaker 7: I didn't think about.
Speaker 2: Smoking in La. Money Loan was right, though. They do the hookahs in La the right way. They come body check, they check on you.
Speaker 7: Do you do it right at home?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 1: When I smoke hooka it just depends, like if I don't want to be out, I'll just smoke at home.
Speaker 7: But I'm saying, do you do it the right way? Like tapping all that stuff? She said, do you do it the right way? You just do it the quick way, like.
Speaker 2: And when you blow your nose it's sucked in it. No, I do mine the right way. But long we got we gotta talk about this hookah things. She's coming back on the show. I'm a hookah connoisseur. I am a hookah connoisseur.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 2: I even told the guy when I was in La. I said, hey, man, it's too much water here. He was like, what do you mean there's too much water here?
Speaker 1: Man supposed to be already know, was supposed to be smooth, trust me, I'm And then when he took the water, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He came back. He was like, you was right, and I was like this, I know, hey man, we gotta leave soon.
Speaker 7: We gotta leave on a pep talk. What should it be?
Speaker 2: I got some patience? You know what, a lot of people do that practice that we're patients, but we should because sometimes the blessing is right around the corner. We won't even know it.
Speaker 1: It's so many big blessings around the corner that we just have to be patient for. We actually sometimes even know that the blessing is on the way right there, big account is set up for the deposit to come right through at four twenty five am. Okay, but we just got to be patient because it's on the way. So the keyword for today is patience.
Speaker 2: It's on the way. I like that because I was just talking about being impatient.
Speaker 7: Okay, he's talking to you.
Speaker 2: BT is the most impatient person I know.
Speaker 7: They can't wait on the wire.
Speaker 2: Number two.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Can't get enough of baller Alert.
Speaker 5: Follow us on all social media platforms at baller alert, loog on the baller alert dot Com