Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment. Please, I'm oh Rick Butcher's.
Speaker 2: Show with Speedy Greg Butchers, Hedi Van Adler and Rick Butchers.
Speaker 3: Here we go. America. South Georgia says, hey, hey Merch, I'm ready. Buster Brown Drivers, You're ready. Glenbow, Alabama ready, mawn go's ready. Somebody says I got no power, but I'm still ready. Jamie Johnson is ready. The Americans and Weaver Alabama are ready. Warriors, grass Cutters are ready. Make you bad boys.
Speaker 4: Looks boys, Let's go.
Speaker 3: There's the Great State of Pennsylvania. Re's Detroit, Rock City, Baldwin County. A new daddy with a new born is ready. Bulting materials. We be ready. Wrawmark Drivers in Florida are ready ready Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport. You better believe they're ready. Somebody say, hey, Bart, I'm ready with you lips. How about this Lisbon, New Hampshire ready to go? All right? So locals say, New Hampshire, So we do have a lot to do. Speedy Greg and Adler are here, and by the grace of Almighty God, I'm here, my goodness, Anyboddy Lord help. Humans shouldn't be treated like cattle. Human human being shouldn't be treated Where do we begin? Human being shouldn't be treated like that. We gotta we gotta get better. I mean we just airports and commercial We just got to get better. Which it just which, it's just it is just I mean, I'll just tell you this right now. Is because you know, sometimes you get enough points or whatever, you can get upgraded the first class and things like this. Now, other than a little bit of a roomy or seat first class ain't ain't nothing. You ain't get anything worth the money. He ain't get anything up there. I mean more leg room and a comfortable more comfortable get you get to get on the plane first but you still can't have nothing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're still in a tube.
Speaker 3: Didn't get a snack in the middle of not couldn't get a snack?
Speaker 6: Wow steal in the two take up in the How.
Speaker 3: Hard is it to grab a snack basket? By the way, I see that the plane has settled down. You're not in your seat anymore. If you're walking around, bring you something now if you if we're if it's unsafe staying you see, But if you're up moving around slamming doors while we're trying to sleep. Go ahead and bring the snack. Yeah, well it come on.
Speaker 5: Who's surprised that Rick is here? Right now? I am so you incredibly surprised.
Speaker 7: If you lived it out in real time, you are very surprised he's here.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna have to start.
Speaker 8: And no, no, I had incredibly surprised.
Speaker 3: I had already. I was already negotiating. All right, who gets the hotel rooms? Or am I gonna? Am? I? Am? I just staying here in the airport? At where am I sleeping? Yeah? You know another thing, there's nowhere to sleep. You would think you would think airports would be designed, since say they leave people hanging all the time, that it would be designed therese more places lay down. Yeah you can.
Speaker 6: You can't fly, benches, bunks, something something.
Speaker 3: It was something, man, But it kills us to have a blanket.
Speaker 5: People get straighted there all the time.
Speaker 3: Well, no, how about this, if you let me tell you go off into that airport world. Man, it's just such a lonely, sad world. Yeah, and you just feel you're cut off from the from life, your your life is passing before your eyes, and you're losing life and you're accomplishing nothing, and you're just you're just hanging around. You're just like a you're just like a vagrant, you're just wondering. I feel it's it's awful. It's just terrible. I hate an airport.
Speaker 4: I feel like if we dug into it, we would find out that like hotels that surround airports are the ones that are buying the furniture for the airports. I think, here's the here's a chair, it's got spikes on it, so you can't lay down.
Speaker 6: I think if we dug into that, we might find something.
Speaker 3: Something's going on. It's it's some sort of racket that Greg needs to figure out. Its just it's just so and and there's just no one. No one communicates, No one seems joyful, no one seems happy, No joy, no joy. It's just there's just no I mean, at one point I just closed my eyes and I just listened to the anguish. It was just that whole airport, the sounds of anguish. You could you could see people running desperately. You could hear kids crying, kids moaning, of couples fighting. I mean, the airline people, they're mad at each other. They seem somewhat mad at us. I don't know why they're mad at us. We didn't do anything. We just want to know battle seat. Yeah, well we just want to know. Just please communicate with us, and when you do, let's have the PA working. If you're going to tell you our lives are on the very line, if you've got a big announcement, let's hear it. Yeah, you know some people you hear clearly, you can go to the next gate. Can't hear anything? I mean, you just can't hear anything. Hey, put the mic up to your mouth, now speak. We can't hear you. Don't speak with the mask on, You're not That mask is not doing any good anyway. Please take it off. I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have said that. I actually said that. You actually said that I needed some information, and I couldn't understand what she was saying. I said, you know that mass is not doing any good. Well, please take it off. I was at the end of the rope. Then I was at the end of the rope. Then get you stupid mask. This is big information I need from you, and I can't hear you. I feel like I'm in a Western and you're robbing the saloon. Yeah, stick them up?
Speaker 5: Is that what you say?
Speaker 7: So everybody's trying to figure out what in the world we're talking about?
Speaker 3: Rix Ris going off just a few hours. It's sleep.
Speaker 7: He got in around midnight last night from going to speak in Texas and he got he got hung out in Dallas and thought he was going to miss today's show.
Speaker 3: How long do you that?
Speaker 7: That's kind of what we're talking about, and so and so. But but to hear him play it out, and you know, nobody likes for this to have happened, but bless your heart, you're the last one it needs to happen to it.
Speaker 3: It drive Domino and it's Domino effect too. I don't have that now. I work on two. I realized that I'm just gonna have to just realize it. Yeah you Rick, buddy, Hey, look you stelf in the mirror your your life. You work on too tight a Margins. I heard people like that were in the hell with me, and they were just making adjustments to their day, same things like I think I'll go in at nine. Uh yeah, I tell you what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna I'm gonna go ahead and sleep and and then I'll just go into work and and and just work later. And I think, well, that must be nice. I don't have those kind of margins now. My my work day starts at the exact same time every day, and there's no there's no moving it. You don't go. I think we'll just moved the show back when we start to show it at eleven. I mean, you don't get to do that. And it's the margins, Rick, They're just too tight. You can't. The commercial airline world does not lend itself to type margins. You know what I told you. We've said this a thousand times. And if I ever invented straight up airlines, that's what I'd say is, hey, welcome, we charge you a buttload of money. It's not inexpensive. At no point during this where you feel like you're getting your money's worth, you will not be. The days of this been a luxury situation are over. You'll be treated like livestock and you better sit down, shut up, and we'll get you where you're going at some point. Yeah, and if you're on a schedule, don't you upset us by telling us that, okay, nothing, We're going to do it. Because we're not. Hey, we're not. All of our schedules, they're just they don't mean anything. And hey, we might move your gate and not tell you about it, you know, And and that hurts. By the way, I went from never depending on technology to becoming too dependent on technology to me. See, I think the app is the gospel, and that's wrong, it's not. There were so many changes to my life trying to get home. The app could not keep up with it. At one point, at one point that it's the app spun and they just had shoulders shrugging. Ricky. At this point, you ask somebody, rick we we can't keep up with this. They had me headed in so many different gates and so many wrong directions. It was chasing this and chasing that, delay this and this going over here. Yeah, and look, and by the way, I know, I know I owe an older lady who sat next to me last night in the middle of the night, and I just want to apologize to her. And I'll tell you about that a little bit. No, no, no, I didn't offend well, I did, but it was it came from a good man. I was trying to be big hearted. And no, at no point, by the way, I want you all know during this and this is this is this is growth. And now you're hear it different today because I'm tired and and I'm more down in my and the schedule just begins. Sure, Okay, I was just in pregame. That's right. Okay, that's the last thing to happen. And so what I'm saying though, is I never acted up. I never lost it with anybody, nothing like that. I didn't. I did rebel rounds, Okay, I knew it. Yeah, And that's sheriff is really that may be one things I do that the most distruction. You'll cause the problem I get. I get the gate turning on everybody, uh huh.
Speaker 7: And then you sit back and watch everybody acting for you'll lead it.
Speaker 5: Up right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also you see it bouncing right, that's right, This ain't right. Yeah, you start sit back. We're talking about we ain't got we ain't got no weather. We up right now, we'd miss it.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Bircher Show. But boy said WESA in an unreasonable world, The Rick Burcher Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being with us today, America. By the way, I am certain if I could just be given the commercial airlines. I know I can make this better. I really I know why, and I know I keep trying to while being a customer and that's probably not the way to go because it seems to upset you. But I really, I really think I could fix it. I really do. I see some obvious things and we'll talk about that later. But anyway, so here's uh, here's things that you do need to know today. Okay, let's let's get this done. We'll we'll tell that full story a little bit later on, at least not in l A's Yeah. I was about to say, uh, los Angeles looking good? There, Hey, los Angeles looks good? Yeah, doesn't that look good? I don't know how to break this to the illegals. This is not the best way for to win us over. Yeah. Uh, you know, there's a lot that wants you to say you probably had a chance, and I even think public relations might have been on your side for those you know. But once again, for those of you that are here, the word illegal is an issue. We'd love for you to be here legal. But for those of you that are here that really don't mean to cause trouble, you're not dangerous, you're not a threat. You're not a You're not a pull on our society. Uh, you're you're you're you got a bunch making you look real bad. Now, you don't how it feels that the live in Gaza, don't you and you're like Hamas really makes us look bad? So uh this uh, this is ugly and all this is doing is for those that might have been on the fence. Everybody's like, well, if this is if this is what we're facing, then these people got to go. And I'm for right now, do whatever you got to do togetherything and control. Okay, that's the acount of what they're doing. Yeah, and that's what it's got to be doing. Uh in California. I hope y'all have learned from this and all all over the world, not just in our country where where people have been laxed on the border and trying so much to think that you're being so loving and so caring by having a chaotic country with with without a secure border, properly vetting people. Everybody who has embraced that, it's burning you, everybody, including us. Not a great idea. We'll get we got a coatry. We got countries in Europe they're losing their whole country. Oh yeah, yeah, we'll get into it. But they don't get it. You got governor knows something. Everybody we don't need. Y'all know something new. How about this, hey, gas, you can cram it? Yeah? Yeah, state's looking good, right, you're you're an embarrassment. Your state's an embarrassment. How can you have so many things available to you and mess it up? This bad? My goodness, California want for nothing. I tell you what. It's your policies that that ruined the ruin the state. Okay, boy, I'm there, I know, I'm I'm somehow it's responsible for you delay. How about today, by the way, anything anny, A lot of you want this me today. It gets me in a lot of trouble. But you're in for a nice ride today.
Speaker 1: They're good.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's I'm ready to Hey, I'm just gonna tell it like it is. No filter, no hope, it's no filter. Birds today, y'all better get this zebra store to me. Come on, I got something light hearted. I need it right now. We got We're ready, big Papa. Total total amount of sleep before I got on the show today. Total amount of sleep You ready for it two hours and fifteen minutes. Hello, Hello to fifty. How you need zeb We're taking a helicopter right and by the way, by the way, the day, I will not sleep again. I will not sleep again till sometime about ten thirty tonight, Rick and your honor. Just like protest, I may stay up to seven thirty. Thank you, Greg, just to support you. By the way, how many times do you want to feel what you're going? How many times do you think everybody on the plane with me coming home last night, Because once you get headed back to your own town, you start getting around people. You know they're coming from all over. I've noticed if you let me go back later. But anyway, they really got tired. I know they did. I must have announced out loud to the plane. I'm just going straight to work. Just kept saying, I ain't even going home, right, I'm going to the office. I'm gonna start I'm gonna start brewing coffee and start doing the show prep. Okay, just let me out there. So frustrating because going home, I slept just enough for it to infuriate. Oh yeah, you know you didn't believe it. Yeah, all right, so you gotta be kidding, Thank you. Rick Burgess Show affiliate w g N S Murphy's Borough, Tennessee, beautiful, beautiful place if you've never been there. A zebra on the loose, as we all know, and in Murphy's Borough, let's face it, you might expect a lot of things. A wild zebra not one of them, not one of them. But they the escape pet and zebra. And by the way, the word pet and zebra should never be together. They have been reunited, uh that it has been reunited with its owner. Eight days. It's been running across Tennessee, Rutherford County, the Rutherford County zebra eight days. It's the footage of him running aside them. Yeah. I think what makes it even better too, is the zebra's name was Ed Ed Ed looking at what they're doing with so Ed has been scooped in some sort of It's been carried by helicopter. Ed Ed is under helicopter in some kind of pout.
Speaker 4: Look at winging from a helicopter.
Speaker 3: Like he's good with it. You know what it's like? Tell you what this is so bad that he's treated better than you were last night on the airline about this. I would have done that there was one point I said, put me in this, strap me in something, I'll take a dog on the helicopter.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: The footage of how Ed got captured. How did they get him in that basket?
Speaker 7: Tango eighty two aviation cruise hated Ed and returned him to his own at Rutherford County Sheriff's Office is saying.
Speaker 3: They did they. I wonder I wonder if the people that the heat ed was their pet zebra head. I wonder did they put up the little posters like you do for a cat or dog. Have you have you seen our pet? Yeah?
Speaker 7: It was found near Interstate twenty four in a pasture.
Speaker 3: Uh. It just keeps getting it just keeps getting better.
Speaker 4: Every time I paused this video is just a great screenshot. It's one of those videos where every single time you pause it, you can't believe what you're looking at.
Speaker 3: Ed Ed was elusive. Good gracious, let me ask you this. Could we not just ride to where it was?
Speaker 5: I mean, trailer could get to where he was.
Speaker 6: I guess they're like, we got to get him out of here.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm looking here. We found how did they get in this thing? Did they darted? Did he get darted? I'm not sure they said here.
Speaker 7: That video shows the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office using a helicopter as we were looking at that part. I got to rescue him and they found him in a wooded area just outside a pasture near a Buchanan the State subdivision right off twenty four. But man, I apparently maybe because he's a pet, they were able to go up to him.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Listen, I know you can't read expressions on He looks like it's just going along with the ride. They threw a net over head, they said, Okay, they netted d and let me tell you. I'm with y'all. Once he's in that pouch and he's fine, he's kind of well, thank god this is over. I think he was tired of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then muzzled him too. Did y'all see that?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 3: Sure? You got I know a guy that got bit by baseball? Okay, helicopter.
Speaker 7: He was a more elusive than those guys that broke out of prison in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back and it's back home.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Okay, this this is important. This, this is this is important. Bank on yourself Okay, listen, a lot of this old school this is how you do your retirement completely outdated. There is a better way to go about it. Bank on Yourself. Look this four one k stuff and the old way that you do it, that you being lied to. They tell you to max out your four one k in your ora, then they make you beg for permission to use your own money. They tell you to defer paying your taxes by saving in a four oh one K or an IRA because you'll retire in a lower tax bracket. But if that were true, why are so many retirees in the highest tax bracket of their lives. It's time for you to get the truth and discover a better way to grow and protect your money. Bank on Yourself. It is the proven retirement plan alternative banks in Wall Street desperately hope you never hear about you ready to hear some of the things. I can't run them all, but I'll give you some of the things. There's more than I'm even going to tell you. Guaranteed predictable growth and retirement income With Bank on Yourself. Your plan doesn't go backward when the markets tumble. Your principle and growth locked in tax free retirement income. You'll know your tax rate in retirement because guess what, it'll be zero under current tax law, which protects you from the coming tax tsunami. You're in control, not the government, not Wall Street. You get access to your money for emergencies and opportunities with no questions asked. There are no government penalties or restrictions on how much or when you can take it. And when you use your money, it keeps growing like you never touched it. Now you tried doing that with a four oh one K or an ira. Let me go ahead and tell you ahead of time, you can't. Built in inflation protection, your money is guaranteed to grow by a larger dollar amount every year in both good times and bad times. Could you use a little calmness and all this volatile world we're in right now? Yeah. So you can get a free report that reveals how you can bank on yourself and enjoy tax free retirement income, guaranteed growth and control of your money. Just go to bank on yourself dot com slash r b s and get a free report that's bank on yourself dot com slash r b s. Bank on yourself dot com slash r b s.
Speaker 1: He was told good luck finding a job that would take him to be the class cloud Rick.
Speaker 3: Burgess, thank you Taxonation for reminding me today rock stars don't need no sleep. We don't need no sleep. Sleep's overrated, all right? So, uh, Jim, I got a situation with a house that you really need to sell. Hey, birds, I'm in a handle. Love my mama, I really do. She left me her house and uh, I have a house and so does every belts in the family. And we love mam. But while we we need to sell this house. Uh, well, sell my house fast? Is who you need to talk to? You twenty five years. They've been doing this twenty five years.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 3: And here's the beauty if you if you another one too, that's you know that happens a lot. And that's Hey my wife or my husband? Are you know either one? Hey, the company has moved us. We got to go. Uh and now I have a house. Now I got to go buy a house somewhere else. But I need to sell the house where I am now. Well, sell my house fast again. These are the peep them you need to deal with. Do you realize this? You think they didn't have me here on this turnkey. They'll do all the repairs, they'll clean the house up, they'll clean out the house if that needs to be done. You won't pay any real estate agent any commission, and they get you cash so their offers are fair, the process transparent. You realize I want you to think about how much somebody let me be drawn to this. Hey, we're in a handle on this house. Hey, burge, here's how much the house is worth. Here's you a fair price on it. Here's you some cash. Now leave. We got it. So I'm done with this house. You're done with it. So if you'd like to find out more, call one eight hundred seven three four zero five zero four Sell my house fast. Great people, transparent our look for their link at Rick Burgess show dot Com right there under the sponsors. Okay, so we have other things to cover on the program today and we've got some more updates for you. But I do want to say, uh I did have a wonderful time with the wonderful people at First Baptist Church uh in uh Seminole, Texas blow blown Seminole wind. By the way, the wind blows the entire time you're there, the whole time. Yeah, it was funny. I said, uh, it's good to be in the land of a dry heat. I've come to you from the land of a wet heat. Yes. Uh, by the way, got a pretty good laugh, and I said, I'm not trying to say that we got a mosquito problem in Alabama, but one tried to steal my truck. But the yeah, so yeah, a lot of history there, a lot of history. Wow, you can see a long way while flat so flat, whatever remind you of? Well, I think Tommy tubor Will had a point brought him up. Rick, don't say it brought him up, could stop it and uh mixed reviews. Yeah, but but but the just from the coaching. They thought he's done a good job as a senator. Had one guy that was surprised when I anyway, I won't get into that. But so, uh what why the name Seminole? Don't know the Seminoles today. They were just they were in Florida and then a lot of them started migrating west out to this part of the world. Now also, now, this this is what I found strange. You got your Cherokees. They're pretty easy to embrace. They tried to work it out. They were pretty calm people, hardworking folk. Even tried to kind of say, look, will adapt, Okay, you had your seminoles, pretty kind folks, you know, and that they had their they had their moments, but they also they have this like even like an honor of some famous Comanche they're in this part of Texas. I'm like, I don't know about honoring the Comanches. That the Commanches and bad people. I mean, that's the one his mother was the girl that was kidnapped. Maybe he was half white, maybe made a book on it. Maybe, But the Comanchese. You know, when you go to say, let's all embrace the Comanchese, that's a tough one. They've got some public relations probably. So the Commanches were big in that area. Yeah uh, and that you know, you know we've been there because we've hunted. We're in South Texas, but some of that area in West Texas has that look the mesquite trees.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: Basically when you come there, it's where agriculture meets the oil industry. You you work in one of those two areas and they're the one part of it is just all oil and gas. The other part is all I brought you some Greg peanuts. They grow a lot of peanuts there. Uh, and they sent Gregor bag of their dry roasted peanuts, which is great, brought those back to him today. Uh, hard working folks, is it? Keana Parker? Yes, Okay, that's what I'm talking about. I don't know if that's say, I don't know. I couldn't remember. I just got a little speak by the commancheese, because you know I've there's there. Boy. They now they had the horse dialed inn boy, they could ride a horse. Boy. Really well, you don't want a fool with them. They got they were way ahead on horses. Yeah, they figured the horse out for everybody. Then it made it made them hard to deal with, you know. But like I'm saying, you know, you could be out there and you have your farm and you got your family, and you might look up and see some cherokees rolling up. They might want to trade a fur or something. Okay, your seminals roll up, you know, they might want to. Let's let's see what we can trade if you want. If you saw the comanches on the horizon, there's no need to get the furs out. They're coming to kill everybody and take everything you got and if you can't keep them from doing that, then they gonna take it and they'll kill everybody. And the ones they don't kill wish they were dead. Yeah. Mhm. I tell you one thing they want. They don't let to hassle with the babies. No they don't. They're not. They're no mads. They don't living one place or anything would be a handle. They'll rid themselves of them. It's not pretty. They got they got a bad public relations campaign. Uh but they could ride that horse. And they were a handful of the horse. So uh so, and they were they were tough to they were tough deal with. Yeah, that chief, same one. His mom had got their kidnapped term and she was young. Yeah, she ends up having him. Yeah, and he becomes this great chief for whatever. I was riding one time to the airport, not knowing what was ahead of me and and I and as far as you can see to the left or to the right, as far as you can see, you couldn't, I mean to your eyes said, I can't see anymore. I could still see. I don't know what they're called. I try to get the right line. The you know, the things you see out in the field that you know, they're like dinosaurs, and they're you know, so the old rigs, they're all rigs as far as you can see, they're everywhere. And uh, and I thought to myself, I bet this place is pretty important to us. Yeah, hey, we need this because you know, of course now the idiots think we got something to replace it right now, we don't. So I saw a lot of that. By the way, something else that intrigue me in this part of the country. I just I was not ready for it. German Mennonites, Okay, big population of Mennonite, a lot of Germans, a lot of Germans, yes, a lot of Germans about that got into even got into the world of high German versus low German. Never fully understood it, asked for an explanation a couple of times, never got it. They try again. Now we're gonna try again. You know. Now here now they teach high German. Okay, what are we talking about? And and I never fully understood it. The high German the low German. They said, basically, these German Mennonites, they'll send their kids to school, so they learned English, and they pull them back out and and they kind of got their own. I saw some of them.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 3: And then if you saw them dressed in black, if they've got the black suit and mama's in the black long dress and the black you know, bonnet bonnet, then that's that's your high German folks. And and that and that and and I guess a good analogy would be seeing someone in Israel that's that's Jewish and then seeing an Orthodox Jew you know, with the curly hair and and uh. But they're they're, they're they're an interesting bunch. They'll they'll have sausage and they'll cover some ground out there, don't cover some ground. There's a lot of them, a lot of people. But I mean, I mean, I didn't realize that. Seminole, Texas they deal with the German Mennonites a lot. It's big. You better know you're gonna deal with the Mennonites. They got there, they get they've they've really locked down there. Came up, came up from Mexico, came up from Mexico. Really, I said, what are the Mennonites stood in Mexico? And they said, well, you know, they like to have a lot of land. They went there for cheap land. Uh, they try to get away from society as much as they can. They thought Mexico would offer a better opportunity than the drug cartel started there and they came on into Texas. Hmm, life didn't learning mm hmmm. It's complicated. The Mennonite situation is complicated. That's a complicated bunch. And that the high German low German.
Speaker 4: Are they are they the Germans that will get into Polko? Did you hear any Polko where you were at?
Speaker 3: You know what? You know, you know what sadly, sadly know.
Speaker 4: Because in Fredericksburg, Texas, did those Germans are all about?
Speaker 6: I mean, they're they're just they're not Mennonites.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're just straight up you know October Fest.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll tell I'll tell you another thing. I'll tell you another thing. Boy, you're with you got all kinds of if you're if you I've noticed, because you know, there's such a different world if you're traveling west. See where we live, most of our world revolves around Atlanta and we're going to east or north. But if you're going west, you know what you encounter on all your flights, all your hotels, all this a lot of hikers, a lot of people going west. People people love hiking. I've had so many hikers around me. I mean, and they're talking about, Hey we today, we're going to they'll hike. You got people that are coming from Yellowstone. You got people going they're going to They just they just want to hike. And everywhere. It was a bunch of hikers. And you don't see much of that going east. A lot of carab Beaners.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just a lot of a.
Speaker 5: Lot of tevas.
Speaker 3: Because I always, I like, I always like to know where I'm at. I want to know. I want to about it. I want to know what life is here. Want the camels back, you know water? Yea from what? From what I'm gathering? Where where I was, Where where I was? What I what I gathered is I'm going to do oil and gas. I'm on farm. I'm on I'm gonna have to deal with the Mennonites and uh and and and I got at and I got some some the seminoles and the comanches were all in here. Now, let me tell you something. If you're if you're looking for a variety of menu, if you don't like text mix, not the place to be a lot of text man, I like, hey, we're gonna serve you text Max. You can count on that. I love that.
Speaker 5: I mean some salsa.
Speaker 3: You know how, you know how you know where we grew up. You know every day you get up and you know we thought it was weird not to have bread with a meal. Yeah, it's weird there not to have chips with a meal. You're gonna chip. Chips are ready, Our chips are ready.
Speaker 5: You sit down at the table and there's tips in.
Speaker 3: So everybody's got you everywhere. I love Texas. Yeah, I love seeing that old Texas flag line everywhere too.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get a signed copy of Rick's new book Men don't run in the ring for Father's Day. Like going to the Man Church dot com right now.
Speaker 3: Listen up, America. That's a biggie right there. Thank you, Ken, that's a biggie right there. This is it. Today's the day. I've taught with Ironhill Press, the publisher, I've taught with Team Man Church. I've talked with the everybody involved in the launch of this latest book, and they all have just said burge and some of you have even asked, So I'm gonna throw this into whellther there it be an opportunity for sign copies even after Father's Day, and I did some research on that. I think that's a note. Maybe at Christmas it'll come back. So if you want a sign copy now, if you don't care about a sign copy, you know the book's out there, you're fine. But if you want to sign copy by this weekend, are a sign copy at all? Today? Is it? As of five o'clock Central time today six o'clock Eastern, that opportunity will be will be over. So go to the link to get a sign copy. You have to use the links at our website, Rick Burgessshow dot com or the bottom of the page Themanchurch dot com right there on the homepage and Burgessministries dot com two under books if you want to. So look for the redlink that says sign copy. This is it today? So once did day is over sign copy option. You know, unless I see you come here and I see you in person or something. But as far as you getting a signed copy to someone are in the mail, and you don't think there's gonna have an opportunity for us to get to see each other, then today's it final day. Is today the final day. Today's it. Okay, so as of a five Central six o'clock Eastern, that opportunity will be gone if you go back tomorrow, even if we because I'm telling them, hey, we need to change the make sure that link and all that should be handled. I'll talk to you speedy a little bit about that. But anyway, so that's today's it. So make a note of that. Some other things dealing with Father's Day because it is Father's Day week. Obviously you can shop our store at rick burgesshow dot Com probably want to try to get those orders in by today or tomorrow, okay, to get them by this weekend. But another thing, if you are in Birmingham, Alabama, home of one O four seven wzs this Saturday morning, the fourteenth, Jared Hudson, who has served US and as a Navy seal, runs Covenant Rescue, incredible ministry rescuing people out of the sex trade. He also just announced he's running for Senate. He'll be our speaker at our next man church, which is going to be a men's breakfast at my home church, Valleydale. There's no calls for this. We're going to serve breakfast. And if you would like to be part of that starts at eight o'clock. We'll start eating about eight thirty and then we'll have Jered up after that. If you want to come hear him speak in Birmingham, just be there this Saturday, or go ahead and register so we know how much food to cook. Okay, you'll find that at the manchurch dot com under events and then coming up later in the month, the twenty first of June, I have the honor of being in beautiful Pearl, Mississippi at Park Place Baptist Church for their Man Church. Those details also at the manchurch dot Com under events. So take a look at that, all right. So this thing that is that's going on in l A, we we've we've touched on it. We we we've gone past it. So since I've we've all went away, I need to know a couple of things. Is is there a war going on in Los Angeles? Okay somewhat? And have Elon Musk and Trump made up? What? What? What's what's the latest? You know, you're sitting there, you're trapped in in airports and hotels, and you try to you try to stay caught up. You try to do the best you can. But then when you're just kind of scrolling and looking, you can't get a true narrative. You know, It's almost like the Trump Elon thing kind of disappeared as the weekend went and the state of Los Angeles kind of took over. You know, that became the everything you looked at. That's all everybody was talking about what needs to be done. And I kind of agree, you know, as I said a minute ago, I think California has you know, when when you have people protesting peacefully, big crowds, all that that's fine, then let California have it, just keep law in order. But when when they start attacking people in law enforcement with bricks and and explosives and fire and start threatening to kill them and their families, and that's all captured, it's not speculation, that's captured on videos and stuff. At that point, you have to bring in an overwhelming force because now it's war, okay, and you have to say this behavior for the citizens of California and for the citizens of Los Angeles, and for the protection of these in law enforcement, we must bring in an overwhelming force and we must break your will to continue this type of behavior. That's where we are, and whatever that looks like, that's what needs to happen, because there is they It's one of those things where you look at the opposition you go, you've now left us with no other choice to me these people's behavior. You can you can be in our country. That's the beauty of the Constitution. In the first Amendment. You can disagree with policy, and you have a right to shout out that I do not like the sitting government. I disagree with the sitting government. I'm going to get out and make change and vote these people out when we get a chance for a vote. Of course, you need to be legal to be able to do that. And but what you don't have the right to do is say we are we believe in anarchy. Correct, we're going to We're going to have our way by force. You don't have the right to do that. And if you do that, then we have the right as as as law and order rules the day. And so in our country, we at one time we were law and order. Then we got away from law and order, and I was told we're going back to law and order, and this would be a nice time to show that we mean it. Yeah, And that's what that's what he's doing. That's why he deployed the National Guard. Yeah, and I one hundred percent agree with that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And the FBI and the National Guard working hand in hand, FBI trying to identify a lot of these agitators who it's interesting to me they're waving the flags of the country they left.
Speaker 3: Yea, So if that country was so great, why didn't you stay there and make it better? Correct? Correct?
Speaker 7: And there's so much to talk about you have. I think you set it up perfectly.
Speaker 3: But it all started in California, Uh, in Paramount, California, where protesters were classing, clashing with federal authorities and ice who were trying to have a raid on the local business. And then they stood in front of them and didn't want them to go anywhere, and that kind of unfolded. What has now, you know, become Now, let's let's burn LA and let's just let's burn ourselves down again, and let's start trying to show this as the government overreaching when people are expressing themselves. That's not what this is now. It's not with this when you're burning cars. Now, this is a protecting the people of LA from people who are violent.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 3: You better listen up.
Speaker 2: No I we say.
Speaker 3: Ass, I'm in a nation. You gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 3: All right, we're back, Thanks you for being with us America. A lot to do going forward. So Speedy, Greg and Adler are all here today. A lot for us to cover. We hope that you'll join us. We'll do unscreenphone calls and check in. We haven't talked to you over the weekend. We had a lot of stuff come out over the weekend that you could enjoy. Hopefully you consume some of that when get your feedback on that chap. So, yeah, this past weekend episode five of Tales from the camp House, so they can go watch the entire season, the first season five episodes. Catch that right there on the YouTube channel. Episode four of the new podcast Strange Encounters out over the weekend, So hopefully you caught that in episode twenty one of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Goal the podcast. All that over the weekend, including the daily archives of the show Wednesday Bible Study. Yeah, that archive was out over the weekend too, so plenty for you to consume. But now we're back with more live shows. This week should be an interesting week. It is Father's Day. We do have a lot going on. So today when the show ends, I know that I'm I've got to I've got to have a I got to have a meeting with super Time. The engineer kind of nervous about it, kind of nervous about it because the idea is that I will get back on an airplane again today. Oh boy, can't wait for that. Uh, and go through airports again and go to Norfolk, Virginia. Is that where I'm going? Uh? And then I will be there. I will I will check into the hotel and and and then according to our plan, I will be live from that hotel in the on the live show with you all tomorrow up until probably at least the first three hours of the show, maybe even the first four let's see. And we're looking at the schedule if I can get it to technically work now since since we're all since you know, they remember their Eastern Yeah. Oh, that's a good question. So we are going to have you that long. Yeah, So we'll we'll see how that goes. I'll be on for some time tomorrow you get makeup. But on oh what I'm going to start that. I'm gonna be on the seven hundred club, and I will tell you this granded already seven to eight minutes. I'm doing this for seven eight minutes. Uh let me go back to this again, Greg, I'm on the seven hund club. And let me tell you something. Somewhere in heaven. My grandmother is having a party. Uh So. But no, the way they see this, it's, you know, it's all about reach. I mean, back during the days when when we were doing the Rick and Bubba Show and Bubba nine, those days when you put books out of I mean you had to do like a full blown tour with book signings and all that. They don't really do much of that anymore. And they don't do that much of this anymore. Most of it's podcast and you do things on zoom. But a lot of these bigger shows that have a big reach, that's the word he was reached. That means how many viewers a half, how many listeners, how many whatever, and and so some of them still require you got to be in and and TV will do that a lot because this the zoom thing. A lot of times that they don't think is up to par and they prefer the guests in the room. And it is a better interview if you can do that. Yeah, but uh, but TV doesn't give you very long no.
Speaker 7: No, but but that's probably had really a long interview that they have.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I remember us going to do I remember us going to New York and doing the Fox run remember that. Yeah, we would do Fox and Friends, Hannity and Neil Cavodo. Uh and you know we we would do all those and and just about a day and a half and do the show live from New York, remember and uh, and so we we would never be on more than six seven minutes, right and sometimes sometimes five. But but that's just the way TV operates. Uh. The that does have a large audience. So the publisher that you know, is believe, believing in the book, and by the way, just thrilled with how well it's going. That this is something they thought was was an important opportunity if we could pull it off. And so I went to talk to our broadcast partners because I know we're starting a new show, and I told them, if you don't want me to do this, because I will miss a little bit of the show. I can, I can easily say no. And talking to Summit Broadcasting, he Randy chases who. I talked to who? And he said, oh no, I think anytime this show has any kind of duress and chaos, it's even better. So he does, and I assure you will have that tomorrow. We're gonna have it today, but I assure you will have it tomorrow. What time does your flight leave local today? Four oh one? Don't know why they have those weird times? What's that?
Speaker 7: W That's good because we have a system coming right around just after that, and I need you to get out down front.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be the same old garbage.
Speaker 5: Yeah it will.
Speaker 3: I'll never be on the seven hundred club. It's the reason why it goes back to this again. And I mean is we started doing charter flights because, first of all, back when the whole crew would go h by the time you bought when there were six of us, you'd buy six commercial plane tickets, and you'd be trying to get to say to New York to do Fox News, And I remember it happened one time and then you missed the interview. Because the stupid airlines can't stay on time. Okay, you just spent all that money and you didn't even get what you spent the money for. You just ended up going there and missing some of it and you can never get that back. And we thought, well, if six six of us can jump on one plane and actually just leave, and we need to leave and come back home, we need to come back home and actually make the interviews, that's probably a better investment. Yeah, and uh and so, and I'm I'm gonna regret that probably today that we all last, sorry last, but this was the seven hundred club was kind enough to book all this and pay for all this. Yeah. Uh so we're on there, we're on we're on their dime. But that also means that they picked flights. Probably that we're good investments.
Speaker 5: For them seven dollars Club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because anybody that says it's summertime in Alabama, let's try to leave at four pm. That's that's usual when the thunderstorms hit, right, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 7: Well you're gonna get out in front of it. Rick, We're gonna think positive.
Speaker 3: You know what, We're not going to worry about no, no, no, no, no, no, hey, y'all, don't worry about me. I have I am completely immersed in to kill me stall Yeah, yeah, nothing expect If somebody came in right now said Rick, can we hit you in the head with the club? I said, sure, go ahead. I don't care. Yeah, I don't care. There's nothing you do to me. Now, that's good, you know to me. I hope I stay in the airports the rest of my life and can't ever get out. I want to be Tom hankson terminal. I hope I can never get out. I hope a plane never leaves on time. I hope I'm into rest and I hope I keep eating airplane food until my intestines burst. You know, or don't you know? Anytime you're eating at the airport, be care.
Speaker 7: I'd like to know what you well, we'll get into it. By the way, how you survived the other day? And some of y'all keep confusing this. Jimmy and Tammy didn't do the underclub. That was That was p t A that BTL. Yes, it was Pat Robertson that did the seven hundred club. That's right, that's right now, and now it's a younger, hip er butch.
Speaker 3: That's cool. I all got sharp teeth and everything that was gret I saw the picture that that's impressive. I can't wait till y'all see me come out there. You know because when we used to go to Fox, this after makeup. Yeah, well you remember we went to Fox, they put makeups. Oh yeah, keep it where it Wednesday and you walk out there and you look awful and you look orange. Course this was before h D, so you come out with that orange face. But honestly, when you looked on TV and you're like, well, no, wonder they do that because you're not you're not washed out. And but now with HD, don't you pretty much look orange? You anymore? It reveals Yeah, but you know what whatever I mean, how much you make up a name put on?
Speaker 4: That's a good I hope they accidentally messed up your makeup and it looks hilarious.
Speaker 3: You can count on that. Rick looking here, but you know, I don't care. I know when it's terrible.
Speaker 7: The seven hundred club staff is going to put makeup on you, and I know when they're going to take it off. Okay, got to take it off to make up removal.
Speaker 3: That's on the list.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's actually helpful because you can you plus you don't want to be that guy walking around with it still on after kind.
Speaker 3: I kind of doing it selfie on Instagram. I'll tell you forgot him to come into show Wednesday. And still by the way, I promise you I'll do a post with it on okay okay, And and let me say this again. Do you see anywhere on that list? I mean anywhere look really close, because it seems ready to tell Rick, sleep soundly. Let me sit here. I do not see that. I got one spot on the plane. Ar'm sorry, Sleep on the plane. Time you take off.
Speaker 6: Rick, here's your hourly forecast for.
Speaker 3: The throw one. That's what I'm saying. He's going to get right out in front of it, right before that five, get out in front of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're good.
Speaker 7: That's gonna be chasing you towards Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Well, you know how when you go you know, you know, you know how when you go on to like I was in Texas this weekend, so you find yourself forgetting about your friends and family. You think that everybody has the wather you're having in Texas, but you forget Texas where you're that's a long way from where you it is. I'm in West Texas. I'm a long way from where I live, and all of a sudd I'm hearing things like powers out, you know, and we didn't have power at our house. But and our you know, our our the a big portion of our audience, that Southeastern bunch. I mean, right now, it's just thunderstorm after thunderstorm after thunderstorm, you know. Once the tornadies have kind of waned a little bit. Now it's still these thunderstorm straight lines wind And so I was I was interacting with with a friend of mine from church, and he was like, I said, I said, hey, man, I'm trying to get home. Sure, he said, the storm are gone. He was yeah, but there's about fifty five thousand people without power. And I'm like, what yeah, And then and then when you didn't you always say something stupid. Really it's fine here. Well, yeah, you're in West Texas. Rick that really you know?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean speaking of that, my parents got some damage to their house.
Speaker 3: Uh, And that that one of the storms that came through a long straight line winds.
Speaker 7: I tore some sighting off, which, by the way, I need a guy in Hunstle now, I need a company.
Speaker 3: What are we exciting? Prepare it out. Yeah, you can do that with us on the Riverway. Well, if you want me to go do it, I'm busy. I can't get there this way the way it ripped off. I'm not sure I got my my Phillips said, I got a crushing wren. I got an Alan rent you got, I got some batteries.
Speaker 1: He is the Rick Burgess Show. Did you miss part of this show today? Catch the entire show on your own time by going to our YouTube or podcast channel for the day's show archive. Find them both at Rick Burgersshow dot God.
Speaker 3: You never have to miss a minute. You catch it on your own time, and so be sure to do that. So again, I'll get in the side. You know we you know, when you have aging parents and you want them to be taken care of, you know people you can trust. So many of you have been so kind to step up and and take care of our parents when they need things. And you know understand Speedy's parents are in Huntsvills, you know, and Speedy lives in Birmingham in our part of the world, and this siding situation from the storms. If you're somebody, that's what you do. And if somebody we can trust you know you're not gonna go and try to take advantage of an older couple, you know, that kind of thing which kind of leaves a bad taste in everybody's mouth. So if you if you could help out, just Speedy at Rick Burger's Show, Speedy at Rick Burgess show dot com. And you know, there's just a great feeling when you know somebody's got it handled. That would be helpful. So, and it's sighting.
Speaker 7: Is that what it is that the damage in the wind, some wind got underneath. It's weird too because some of this wind that came through some of the different cities that we were heard in. It's crazy that straight line wind. That said that like one side of the house got it and the other side didn't. He said there were things like on the picnic table outside that were really light, didn't even move. But on the other side, the garbage can was flipped upside down, the grill turned over, and chairs all the way in the back of the yard. And then that side got a couple of rows got ripped off and one of the pieces it was in the front yard. They found it in the front yard and so it looks like it's intact. It might just need to be replaced. I can't get there today, could maybe try to get there tomorrow. So yeah, that would be helpful if somebody's in that market.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 4: Speaking of different things hitting the wind differently, you ever, just look out into the trees and you'll just see just one tree just go kind of like just go wild, like wow, So that tree got hit by something that you know, it's an odd one that when you see that happening.
Speaker 3: Does it seem to y'all like in the time that we've been on earth, that the wind blows more now than it ever has? It's like it's it's like there's never a day of the world's getting wind there's never a day when the wind's not blowing. It does seem that. I mean, it's like, does the wind ever stop blowing? Now it's always blowing.
Speaker 6: Does it seem windy? Is it getting windier?
Speaker 5: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I sense that our environment is getting windier. And of course you know the environment and here has been windy for a long time.
Speaker 4: Oh it's windy, but it was semine old wind, blow blow win.
Speaker 7: I was pulling up to the Stallion's game Saturday when I got the call about my parents' house. So I'm talking to my dad and I'm thinking that's all he was wanting to talk about. And so he talks about that for about a minute and then we're trying to get a plan. Then he goes he got another question. I'm like what. He goes, are you when are you going to Larry's? Are you asking me when I'm going to Larry's?
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 6: Do you want to come with?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but that was on his mind. He wanted to talk more about that, and he did the damage on the house. So that on that note, does it seem to you a little bit that Larry and Carolyn have gone silent? Well his feelings because you said he was a serious You didn't say that. I entertained that I read an email. I read an email about someone asking that question, and y'all start riffing on it. I listened to the archive. I heard it with my own ears. Did I Did I join in? Of course I did. Yeah, that's the reason why I shouldn't be hanging out with you. He didn't call Friday.
Speaker 4: Larry's this morning, the chat this morning call, So it's the luck of the draw. Even though you called him a murderer looks like he's still a fan of the show.
Speaker 7: We make fun of ourselves every segment. I mean, we're on each other and so Larry knows we're having fun.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 3: But I've tried that before with people when they get upset, and they basically seem to say, well, y'all can do it to each other all you want. It's different when it us.
Speaker 5: That's true, you know, I guess that's right.
Speaker 3: It's the dish it out. Can't take it people, how about it? It sounds like to me when they say it, they think we shouldn't be so okay with it. Yeah, nobody should be doing.
Speaker 7: We have guests come in here and they read the text from the text Nation and they're like, wow, so y'all really do need this when you're in here.
Speaker 3: We don't even bring that up. Yeah, goodness, y'all don't even know this man. But the way people, of course, it's in a world where people can remain remain anonymous, and people always get bolder when they can be anonymous. But I mean people rip us to shreds. Yeah, that's all right. It comes with the territory. Would like for you to be accurate with the things you're saying, and at least that not assume things you might want to check on it.
Speaker 6: But people will text the meanest stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, Adler needs to shut his little yapper. Oh yeah, I'm just like, wow, okay, right, but you don't have to say it like that.
Speaker 3: Let it come up on a screen and sit there for ten minutes. Wow, I can make I'm sure everybody says. Now, let me tell you that's one thing about I will just I think we need to put in the rules with people come into the vox seats. Do not look at the text screen. You can't, especially if you're wearing a cowboy hat, especially if if they ever see you on camera and then then then they're they're off. Well, you know you said you said it. Greg. No, no, now that's on me that one. Let me say it always. Everybody need to kept doing it. Listens again, quit stop. Everybody needs to stay in their lane. And I got out of my lane. And my intentions listen, and my and my intentions. You know my intentions, you know the same one that paved the road to hell. For sure. My good intention was to accomplish what they wanted accomplished and it went but poorly. Boy, I wasn't savvy enough with the with the with the mouse and not going that's on me. That's one hundred percent on me. I need to stay over here. They bad now, boy, they really feel bad. Oh they're still really bad. Cap They get to proofread it every time to make sure they got it defensive. So they are making fun of it. But no, great, but made sure that they got to see it just when they thought they weren't being made fun of. I made sure that that was crystal. But but no, what I'm to go back this year you said this, Greg, you were talking about like Ley talking about some of the stuff you do, like I don't want my wife to to ever be on out there, like you know, these these people that are influencers. I'm sure, but I mean the minute that, especially with women, they do anything, all the stuff underneath what is she wearing? Yeah, why would she do that? That's a dog in each other? That's ugly, what's wrong with her hair? And it has nothing to do with you know, a selling product. And you're sitting there anonymous just kind of just taking shots at people. Uh, yeah, we'll be right back, Sack Claus.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, the man who informed diffent dots that they were not, in fact the ice Queen of the future.
Speaker 3: Rick Burgess, here we go, Thanks for being with us today, America. How'd you sleep last night? I didn't sleep very long, as we've covered, that's part of it. You can't worry about that. So but it could be because you're you're not on a customized mattress. If you were on a mattress that was actually made for you, then you probably slept a little better.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: And how do I get one of those? Rick, Well, I'm glad you asked. Helick Sleep dot com slash Big Vox go there right now. They've got a little sleep quiz. Remember, probably the best endorsement that Helixsleep dot Com slash Big Vox could ever hope for is that Greg actually likes their product. There you go. And as I've stated before, Greg doesn't like anything, so well, no, Greg's truth true, Big. I mean that's somewhat as a compliment, meaning if Greg likes something, I can trust it because he's not going to be just talked into patronizing a product. You're right, So right now, there's a summer cell going on. Save twenty percent. Let them know how you do, how you sleep on your side, your back, your stomach, how you like your mattress firm, soft, medium? Is it? Are you big and tall? Would you like that? Is this for a kid? They have children's mattresses. So it's really it's really, really really crucial to have the right mattress if you want to sleep well, and a good night's sleep has a lot to do with your overall health. Helix, Sleep dot Com, slash big Vok. They'll ship it right to your door, customize for you. You got up to one hundred nights to sleep on it, and then of course if you don't love it. If you don't love it, then they will refund your money. Uh. And you also find it. They're at burgershow dot com. As I said, under sponsors. Okay, so some things that we that we need to also talk about today and and and we'll kind of keep you updated as we go. This one is coming out of the the Hayburg Hayburd World so here coming right out of this right here, Heyburd Hayburg. So yeah, also from text Nation, heard you guys talking about it. Do you have the ability to block people on text? Nation. Yes, and and you know, and we we're not you know, we we think everybody should be allowed to have fun. But if you ever turn into somebody that's just derogatory, derogatory, missing bad information, derogatory, derogatory. We just blocking and we're done with it. So so yeah, so But if it's legitimate critiques and the questions and stuff like that, are just having fun, are just having fun hacking, that's fine. But some people are pretty dark and twisted. Yeah, and they go pretty quick. But you can also email. So this is for Mike hey Bird, hey Burge. I had an interesting conversation with my son the other day. He has now been married almost ten years to a beautiful, god fearing young woman. I have been married for decades now. He said that he noticed that he's nothing like who he was when he got married, but his wife is exactly the same. He says, I eat different now, dad, I dress different, I talk different, I behave different. I even have a different hairstyle. Wow, because she cuts his hair. Oh wow. I watched things on TV that I would have never even glanced at. I listened to music that I hated. I noticed the exact things in my own life many years ago, and even asked my wife his mom back then, what in the world, why in the world did you fall in love with me? If you just wanted me wanted to change all the things about me, It doesn't make sense. She said. She could see who I could be potential with a little work. So I told my son what I'll learn back then, they see us as projects, and the bigger the challenge, the better, it seems, because no way I get the quality of wife I have Otherwise. I agree with that. I mean, we're all in the same boat. I said, don't fight this losing battle. Son, Just eat those wings and drip that sauce on your white grippies while watching Earnhardt series while she's out of town buying candles. This you'll bring in and you had to pretend to like exactly. But what a good word from a dad, Yeah, she said, because they he said, they have weird methods of getting us to do exactly what they want us to do, and we'll never understand how they pull it off. Just just go ahead and enjoy the ride, and you will not win this bat. It is odd, you know, we seem to pick our wives because of who they are. They seem to have picked us because of who we could be with their help, With their help, isn't that weird? It is? It is weird. I never even thought about it, like what sherish potential could be. I thought, I kind of like this right here, you know, and so it's great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, they see us, and they were like, wow, could really turn him into something.
Speaker 5: I could buy him some clothes.
Speaker 3: I actually remember it, and he listed it on his list of things. When I started watching Notts Landing. I never even considered watching Notts Landing. And then we get married, and for about a couple of weeks, I was like, I'm going upstairs, I'm not watching this, and then I stayed down one time, got hung in and watched it till it went off. There about three or four seasons. No I quoted this guys. Of course, you know we've all been married so long, the like like this guy, this kid's dad for decades. You talk about not know who you are, and some of you won't get this, but I guarantee a lot of you will. We were watching again something that I didn't want to watch. That Sherry thinks that I would be a better person if I watched I want you to watch it with me. You know that. That's that weird. That's one of the weird mind games they'll play with you. You can't just wander off and go watch what you watch what you want to. They want you to watch what they want to watch, but they want you to watch it with them so they can see you enjoy it, so they can see you joy. I tell you, I told you, But this is when you get indoctrinated, like this kid's talking about to his son, You get indoctrinated. I've warned my sons about this as well, the two that are married, and and we were watching something she picked, and I said, you know what, see this guy right here, he's the Darcy of this He's just like mister Darcy and Alston Cherry goes, did you just quote Pride and Prejudice? Oh boy? And I went, oh my gosh that I just Hey, this guy is not new, it's not original. He's just a mister Darcy of this story. So you referred back no Pride and prejudice left and right. I missed that. I've never seen that. Huh, I've never seen that, will be thankful. But but but I know about mister dark I'm gonna tell you if if Lee ever, if she ever gets her sold on it, you're going in. Look. I watched three three episodes of Castle Impossible on h G TV. This, Oh my goodness, Castle Impossible, just sitting right beside me here.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: But but I think you have to be careful, ladies, because it's like some of these some of these colleges recruit these athletes or or let's say, uh, these athletes get drafted because of how talented they are, but then they get them and they want to change their stance, how they swing, how they deliver the ball. You know, your outpitch used to be a curveball and you were just unbelievable. We're going to change that, and then they just fall apart. I think you can go too far. Over I think you can go too far. You can over coach your husband. Yes, and and also and then we pushed back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe a suggestion or a slight a slight change here, but nothing too drastic. Nothing they careful for something. You fell in love with him something, so yeah, and you're trying to change everything. Well and this and this is something like this has been said before, But I'm gonna say it in Calhoun County fashion. So but I've heard this concept before. So really, what this young man's asking his dad about And it's as old as as you know marriage, and that is we look at them and we say, oh, please don't change, and they look at us and say I hope you change. Yeah yeah, And and and we're and now we're a project and give up on you get yeah right. But but so that's it's almost like women deep down are all fixer uppers. That's why they love these shows. That's the same thing they've done with their husband. They don't just fix up their kitchen, They fixed up their husband.
Speaker 5: There's there there.
Speaker 6: We're a flip we are we are a flip.
Speaker 3: Well, they've bought some broken down house and they're gonna they're gonna fix it up. Yeah, and then flip it. We'll fix it. Please don't sell us? Okay, gets it a good price? Yeah, that's where you make you moneame what you said the forest? Would you buy it? But are they are they thinking that through? Like I remember on the wedding day, I was like just all I was concentrating on is high and level was okay are they not? Are they in that beautiful dress and looking like the most beautiful thing on the planet. And they're looking over to us. Go look at this loser. I can't wait till I whip the tux. Is helping, But he's still got problems, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Just a different are attitude.
Speaker 3: And in the dating process. Are they over there taking notes? Yeah, here's going to change. I'll tell you what he's eating. That for the last time that he thinks he's gonna watch regular season. It's gonna be playoffs in the championship game only. And that's not a given. All right, But but it happens like this, guys talking about without you really even noticing it. I mean, when I screamed out some about mister Darcy, I don't know where that came from. I didn't know that it happened. Uh, he needs to get rid of her. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show doing what he was for to do, the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: How about in America. I'm glad you're here today. That then and then all right, so, uh, I see Larry looks like he's texting now. The patch man said he wants to call us. All right, Larry, we'll dial up and and and we'll get an update from you. So go ahead, Larry, that's fine. I'll look to see if I see you call him? All right, so uh we we we we yeah, because I guess well, you know, I know y'all are playing in the trip to go and and Larry and Carolyn are nice enough to be willing to host you and and let y'all spend the night. And what happened to Speedy? I don't know. I saw I'm going in the bathroom. Is something happened? Oh no, oh no, it's not.
Speaker 6: Oh all, it's just saying, oh no, when Greg said bathroom, that's all.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know that he's did a Tennessee Titan happened to him? Not that again, Oh that's right.
Speaker 6: He's got a history. He's got a history of these kinds.
Speaker 3: Of we thought you had a Tennessee Titan. You are right, Okay, everything's fine. We couldn't find you away from it. You decide we've been we've been on there for like a minute and a half. No, yes, you know when you decide to break and you think you got to Larry, Hey, Lar lariir Rick.
Speaker 9: We know you guys are joking.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, okay, good, that's awesome. We didn't know if you were upset because we know y'allre likely not serial killers and planning on kidnapping the guys. But you know, yeah, you know, doing things like that.
Speaker 10: Hey, Carolyn, but how do we know y'all are not?
Speaker 3: Carolyn doesn't say much, but when she does, she does it. Never even dawned on us that the people that know y'all are having the same conversation, like, what are y'all thinking? Let these strange men come into your house? You out of your mind? Pot, That is a good point. That's right, Carolyn, real quick, shoot, all of us are here.
Speaker 5: Let it go at.
Speaker 9: I have got a spot for you to park your van mode out and it's cleaned up. You can park your van right right where you right where I will show you.
Speaker 6: Wow, okay, good good Larry.
Speaker 3: Now, look, I'm let me say this to you right now. Don't you fall in love with that van?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks Sharp.
Speaker 9: It's gonna be right next to our fir pet. We have a box. It's in a pan. No, you're gonna be parked right real close to her pan.
Speaker 3: All right, So wait, wait a minute, dogs, Adler. Sweet van is going to be right between the fire pit and news And what's what's Susie? Susie, did you say news? I said Newsy? Okay, Susie, Larry did How did y'all come up with the name Newsy?
Speaker 9: No, Susie ask you? Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, like the newspaper, Hughie, Larry, Larry's picking up on you figuring the newspaper, Yes, sir.
Speaker 9: No joking German. And I do want to meet you.
Speaker 3: In person, you know, Larry, I want to see how this goes. Y'all are y'all are so sweet? We thank you so much. I told Hey, I told I told Sherry about you too, And I said two words Labor day weekend?
Speaker 4: Hey, Larry, can I I can put so I can park my van at your place?
Speaker 5: Can i'll sleep? I'll sleep in the van? Can I use your bathroom?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 9: Anytime?
Speaker 11: Why do you get to bathroom?
Speaker 3: Okay? They got to but that helps? Yeah, Hey, listen to me, now, listen to me. Okay, I work with these guys every day. I'm around them all the time. I hear all the sights and sounds. Be careful giving them full access to that bathroom. Oh, now birds.
Speaker 6: We're gonna need it.
Speaker 4: We are gonna need it if we're there for any amount, right, or if there's a.
Speaker 3: Patch of woods. Do you think that Larry, do you think that Larry and Carolyn? Okay, do you think that Larry and Carolyn should establish a tour bus rule with their own house? Yeah? And we all know the tour bus rule. Oh yes, I.
Speaker 9: Can show you the whole house.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't wait. I can't wait to go over through every patch you Yeah, okay, you're gonna pull me around in your sledg.
Speaker 9: I want you to. I want you to borrow the.
Speaker 3: Careful.
Speaker 9: We want to take the our dog said in your van to Walmart.
Speaker 3: I can't Larry. Let me tell you something. If they come back and they haven't seen every single patch and challenge coin, I'm gonna be very dispressed. We want see them all, every one of them.
Speaker 9: We would love for you to do a video.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, have you met them?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's gonna happening. Greg does want to know if he can have along net with you. A BYT the Firepit, speedy and a black and Mom.
Speaker 5: Yes, the quickest Yes, Larry's ever.
Speaker 3: Put out this black milef Yes, sir, right here.
Speaker 9: We loved this, Carolyn and I cannot wait to meet all three of you.
Speaker 4: Well, we're definitely be speedy. We're or we are a maybe right now.
Speaker 3: But it's definitely a speedy meeting. What you're gonna do, you can do this. I think we're gonna do this. Speedy. Speedy is the over greeterer. So I think you're gonna enjoy this. I would get my expectations pretty low on Greg and Adler.
Speaker 6: Now we're a maybe, but we would love it.
Speaker 3: But just just scheduling already said where the van's gonna part? Or man, we're barring this van Rightdler and I have a lot of yes.
Speaker 9: Adler, Yes, I've got a I did a ride patch that we got in Alaska. I'm giving it to you.
Speaker 3: I think it's a patch. You don't know. Now you've upset everybody, Laire.
Speaker 9: Don't worry. I've got something for the other two.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's just like kids. If you give one something, you got to give it to all of them. It's not my grandkids.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that Carolyn is making Brownie to take back to to Direct.
Speaker 3: They won't get back to Rick. You can't send me brownies. What will trainor Sean think just he wanted to.
Speaker 11: You had that?
Speaker 9: She already says you wanted to take you guys, take some the brownie back direct.
Speaker 3: Well for the whole group, got it? Okay, right here, Carolyn?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, good morning Carolyn again.
Speaker 3: Carolyn, you don't know what you're you're asking for here. Remember I always be careful what you asked for. Yeah, we're looking forward to it.
Speaker 5: Carolyn.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you a question when you when you got you know, when you met Larry. When you met Larry, did you consider him perfect or did you view.
Speaker 5: Him as session that you could change?
Speaker 4: You know, and you should fix him up because we think our wives married us.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I'm honesty. I like that.
Speaker 9: I tell you one day, I'll tell you one thing I love joking around the paper. I'll say, someone pushing a shopping cart and ask him if my dancers are in their shopping cart.
Speaker 6: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: Classic, That's classic.
Speaker 3: Classic. Larry and Carolyn, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: You better listen up. You know, like we say, assign an, you gotta find us.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: That's us Baby, here we go, moving forward. Gang y'all, here is speedy Greg Adler. Thank you for being with US America on screen. Phone calls coming up this hour. Things that you need to know today A biggie because his Father's Day this weekend. You want to sign copy of the new book Men Don't Run in the Rain, You've got to have that order in by five o'clock Central time today. The signed option goes away today at five o'clock Central six o'clock PM Eastern, So use the links if you want to sign copy, use the one at the Maanchurch dot com, Rick burgesshow dot com and Burgessministries dot com. You'll see click here for sign copy. Today's the final day and we'll get it to you by Father's Day. After today, it just probably not possible, so we're going to stop the signing option, and it looks like that won't come back until maybe Christmas something like that for Christmas gifts, So make yourself aware of that. A lot of you've already got that handled and we've already sipped them out to you, so that's great, but if not, today's the final day. So and some people asking about me being on the seven hundred Club about the book. I don't understand when that airs if I'm on live, Yeah, yeah, Live seven hundred Club.
Speaker 7: So I mean, it looks like eight am Central that this is local time because it says nine am in that hour. It says somewhere in the sixty minute program, Rick will be interviewed.
Speaker 3: So I'm telling like you're you're watching it there, it's a live show. They're not taping it. I wonder what it says Live seven hundred Club. I wonder what channel is that on my DIRECTD I don't know. We'll get confirmation, but it appears to be is it's live because it says Live seven hundred Club.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, So and you think of what time it's on here, I'm sure they're using local times. It has nine am. It says somewhere in the sixty minute program. What oh, I know Rick's going to be interviewed. It looks like that's floating in that hour.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go. Can we put them on it here? All right? Hang on right here, that's what we need. So from from Ironhill Press, it says the Freedom Cable Network airs the seven hundred Club that's one and they and they do. They air it live. You hit it right nine am Eastern and of course eight o'clock Central. So and then they repeat it at eleven pm Eastern, ten pm Central, and then again at three pm Eastern, two o'clock Central. Okay, So in TBN aris the seven hundred Club at three pm Eastern, two pm Central, and so there we go. So and it looks like maybe you're gonna be with us just strictly talking local Central time live to about seven fifteen, and then you're gonna have to meet them at seven twenty five. Really got in the lobby, really so that that timeline's local time there. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Good thing about it is it looks like the hotel you're staying in is right beside the CBA studio. Yeah. They told me that you swam across. So that's good. That's nice. So you know the reason why I'm a little bit gun shy today is because of what happened to me yesterday. Yeah, it's afresh, it's all fresh, so fresh. You know, many years y'all know my struggles in the airports. I try to be I try to be an advocate for all of you you. I do when I'm going through the agony and just the confusion of airports and flying commercial I'm trying to make change. I want you to. I want to be Rosa parks of this. I really do be the change. I want to be the change I'm trying to be in the world. I'm trying so hard and it's such an up he'll climb because I can't quite tell. And it doesn't seem like the airline's care. So that's a problem. If they were going, hey, we got to make change, we got to do better. Now you have individuals that are some of the most wonderful people on the planet. Unfortunately there's not many of them. But then there's just this overall. It just feels sad. Yeah, I mean it doesn't feel pleasant. Yeah, it just it feels sad. If it feels like everybody there, oh, I mean we're all we're like, you've heard me use this analogy, and some of you thank you. When I was stranded again yesterday, y'all started sending me videos of cattle being herded. You lose all humanity the way airports are set up and the way commercial airlines run. It's as if they're moving livestock. Your humanity is stripped from you. You have no rights, you have no say, you are going to You're going to be charged, to be treated poorly, and everything is going to be agonizing.
Speaker 7: Now people won't hear this, But back to what you said. Some do it right, like you endorse the Huntsville Airport, and they pride themselves on That's what they try to do, is they try to do it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me tell you what happened with the Huntsville Airport. Who you know, It's like a light shining in the darkness. There were people, I kid you not who you know, because remember, the closer you get to home, the more you start interacting with people that you know that are from where you're from, because they're trying to get there too. And we all went in a panic mode and we tried to pull it off, but unfortunately it was too late. I think if we'd have thought of it earlier. We all started the Birmingham folks, we started a plan to look for something to fly us two Huntsville so Huntsville could get us home, and and it was just too late in the game, and you were just stuck in Dallas. Is what you were, well, let me tell you how it happened. It all It all just started so weird because there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how it started. Now I don't know this part of Texas that well. So the way that it works out is I'm working with American Express Travel, and I'm working with the you know, team Man Church, and I'm working with the church there and what I prefer to do and really probably even though it's no charge today because seven hundred clubs handling, I don't like when somebody else plans my trip. But because they they they you know they're gonna go, They're gonna you know, you're gonna be back there by the bathroom, okay, and you know sit next of that person. You can count on that, okay. But I like, I like to kind of say, I tell you what, let me book it, let me pay for it, then you can always refund me. But I'd like I'd like to bump my own flights, okay, and so, but but that I didn't do that with with seven hundred club And of course we'll leave right in the middle a thunderstorm today. But so they couldn't help that. Well, just the weather late afternoon in Alabama. It's it's it's pretty much gonna be that. But but anyway, you can got a podcasts and books to sign. So anyway for no reason, and it's on me. I take full I take I take responsibility of just pretending that Mojo doesn't exist. Oh you you know better, Rick, Are you hanging around Mojo a little close? Of course? One thing, one thing that always is wonderful. This is the only time you have hope. Always take the first flight out of Okay. So I decided I left on Saturday, five am. Liftoff, not a problem, rode through Tsa, got on the plane, bop bop bop. Here I am. I'm in beautiful Lubbock. Get picked up by you know, Jay, wonderful man with the church, First Baptist Seminal. He had his wife with him. They just dropped their grandkids off in Lubbock. It worked out great, had a wonderful ride to Seminal about ninety miles with them and got to visit. Had a wonderful time. They couldn't have been kinder. And I think, well, look at this thing. Just going early check in at the hotel, not a problem. I'm right in. I go oh. At lunch with the pastor, we talked about life, we talked about the state of the church. Couldn't have gone better. Went back to the hotel, took a little power nap, went on over for the men's gathering. They were superb outstanding work. They had it set up like they like it. Food was fabulous. We saw eleven men make your decision to repent and follow Jesus. We're they're they're total buying on the man church. Everybody's talking about, uh, you know all this and how well it's working. And I'm thinking myself with this right here, and so then go to bed, get up, go have a wonderful worship service at the church. Hey, birds, we're taking you to lunch place where it's got a buffet for lunch and delicious menu if you wanted. The food's fantastic. And then I said it, I said, well, I guess right now. I said, so really, after this, let's just age one over to Lubbwick and I'll get there in plenty of time. And this has just been incredible. I said, you know, really, this is just going off without a hitch, without it. It's all. You can't say that until you're rolling to a sta. Then you say that I checked the forecast, the weather looked fine. All about it all of a sudden, within seconds, as if Mojo said, what did he say? My my app notification update on your trip? I had been so so cavalier about that because every time I all it would do for some reason their apps, which is fine, they keep sending your boarding pass over and over again. Will You're like, I've already done that. You're like, I got it, So I think it's that again. Suddenly I look down and I see in big red letters canceled, not not delayed, canceled canceled. And I love how how just casual the airlines are? Your trip, your flight from Lubbock canceled. Now you're stuck here? Yeah, and then then click here if you want to try to do something. So I clicked there. You know this is my favorite. Click here for available flights to switch to. Wow, I'll just have a letter right here. I clicked that no flights available? What so this that's when the skids started, and and and and buddy. From there, what journey we went on. I don't know what happened at the Luvic Airport, but all of a sudden Sunday afternoon, they shut her down. I don't know if it was it wasn't a weather, I don't know if it was a tower situation. I don't know what happened, but they shut them all there and so we'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, simply outworking the competition, The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Do y'all think I wouldn't pop in Relief Factor like it, like it was candy sitting in them chairs, be on the planes. Relief Factor love it had it with me. Hey, it travels with me. It does wherever I go. You gotta have it. Four botanicals helps with the aging process or maybe a little little little tag from doing a little bit better moving around, maybe being on the airplanes and trying to lay down in airports. And let me tell you something, fantastic product. But you know, unlikely over the counter pain management and the opioids, you don't have dangerous side effects. You know, you shouldn't be pomping, you know, over the counter stuff every day that's not good. And here it's all natural. And if inflammation is the is the problem, it'll get to the foundation. It's not gonna mask it. So while we say get three weeks, it's gonna be gone and gone for good. So go to relief Factor dot com. Get that quick Start pack for nineteen ninety five our look under sponsors at Rick Burgessshow dot com. So now everything out of Lubbock is canceled. No one can really tell us why I get on with American Express Travel, I said, let's help. And then all of a sudden, he says to me, are you anywhere near Midland? And I was like, I'm not gonna say that to the locals. I said, he's asking, uh, Midland. We're close to Midland, aren't we. And they said, well, you're closer to Midland than you are Lubbock. And I was said, why did I flying to Lubbock And they were like, we're asking the same thing and uh. And so he says, well, I can get you to to Midland. And really it's leaving exactly the same time the other one was going to leave out of Lubbock. So you're back, You're back on schedule. I said, what about the connection, Yeah, same thing. You're actually on the same connection because he didn't cancel. Oh, And I was like, that'll solve that problems. All couple of items, A couple of items on the locals, A couple of things. I apologize. I want to go and apologize. I kept seeing street signs to Amarillo, I mean highway signs, and you didn't sing it every time. I will admit that. When I rode with the wonderful couple from the airport in Lubbock to Seminole, Texas, I was asking him about things, and I was trying to learn everything I could learn about all the things about Seminole in the in the surrounding area. And he mentioned, he said, well, now sometimes you know, of course, we got to Maillo for that. I said, well do you get there by morning? And uh? And he just looked at me like, come on, man. And every time we would pass a sign that had like this many miles that a Maillo, I would do it again. I hope we can get there by morning. And I just kept doing that kind of jokes. Once you start them, you can't stop. And that's where you went. It's a lot like that morning. So everything was looking pretty pretty sweet. So I pop on over to Midland.
Speaker 7: A couple's probably so glad y'all you went to Middland because it was closer did.
Speaker 3: Something that I don't think I did that. I don't think TSA liked because when I got to Midland, like nothing was going on. It's like I was one of like five people flying out of there. Okay, I mean nothing was. There was nothing to it. So I'm literally it's just me and ts A. I'm the only person and coming through to getting checked at this time. And so I noticed, I said, this is the time to ask him. This is it. I really wish I could have taken that back. I said, Hey, guys, I know y'all, I wouldn't ask this if it was busy. Can I ask y'all question? Sure seemed a little annoyed just by the fact that I was even going there. Okay, so I'm flying again tomorrow, I won't be here and at that point, and at that point they're really losing interest. I said, I'll be flying somewhere else. But I'm I'd just like to let you know I'm a bit of a I'm a bit of a broadcaster. And I said, I said, we'll be doing broadcasting from Virginia, and I'm going to have to fly with a piece of broadcast equipment in my carry on should I just declare it? Should I should? I announce to y'all I have it in the bag, take it out of the bag. And they said no. I said, so no, no, take it out of the bag. Now just let it roll through. I said, are y'all going to take it from me? He goes, well, not if it's nothing dangerous. I said, let's not dangerous dangerous? Why are you asking people in middling that? That sounds like something I would do? It really does, But I'm talking to T s A. Wouldn't all TA people know they don't give a rip so they don't care. No, No, you were like they couldn't believe you. They were in that conversation. Literally, that sounds like something I would do. You're very self aware because that's exactly what you want. You got to remember at this point, I think I've bounced back. I think I think you're going to ask everybody. I think I got a question for you. I'll tell you this. I bounced back so quick I even whistled, Oh wow, I mean now now I'm whistling and so uh so they they're annoyed by me, and I pick up on that pretty quick. Unlike speedy, I I was aware, and uh and and I shut it down and I went sorry about that. They're real awkward here for all of us now, and uh, you brought up Club nor Virginia before I know it. I'm talking about how my grandmom liked it, and I wish you could have seen me on there, so anyway, and I think it got away from you, guys. I'm out so sorry about that, and so so so I think, well, look at me E's and through here, and I'm just gonna bounce on over to DFW Dallas Fort Worth and I'm on ease on back to Birmingham. Everything's good now. Think I'll get on here and return a few texts, check some emails. I got it made hearing plenty of time. What a great event, so good to watch all this. This is fantastic. And you know, if you're watching, like if that, if this had been a movie, you're like watching right now, and you're like, he doesn't know, he doesn't know the storm that's brewing for him and Dallas Fort Worth. He doesn't realize that everything that's going so smoothly right now is about to go horribly south. And I would say this on airports love y'all. I do. I wish all of you could be like huntsful. I really do. TSA y'all pretty important, Okay, I need I need a little more. We needed a little more. Everybody kind of the same. You know. In some airports, y'all, y'all seem like not to be as picky. Other airports you're like super picky, and we can't get a rhythm. You know, it's like, uh, you know, sometimes it's like, oh, we hey, we're good, no problem, that's fine. Other places, I'm pulling everything out of your luggage. I won't give your shoes back.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like it's there's there's huge extremes, no no two. Airport security situations even in our own countries seem to be the same. I like to see a little more, a little more uniforms.
Speaker 1: Here's the Rick Burgess show in a world that has gone nuts. They are here too well to point it up.
Speaker 2: The Rick.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm sitting there talking about the trip to Texas and bank off again today to Norfolk, Virginia seven hundred club tomorrow. And if you just check your local listings, people are sending me all kinds of ways you can get it. So I'm scheduled to be on tomorrow, you know, if we can fly away there, and then I'm scheduled to be back on the show on Wednesday, if we can fly away back. So at one point last night, just so y'all know, and you saw this, I put some of it out on social media. I had completely given up. But anyway, at this point life was going great. I had a little bit of a setback. Bounce right back. I look, I've been hanging out with the drummer for Eli Young Banda. We're eating one of the restaurants, we're talking gigs, and we're hitting it off beautifully, and I'm thinking you, but I'm thinking what did that mean? You know? A couple of positive texts back and forth. Well, I thought the weekend went well. Isn't that great? Hey, guys, see all my hate looking forward to it? Hey, Sherry, now when you're coming into your way, Oh, I'm gonna wait on you. You'd be great. Hadn't seen you. I'm so glad it went well. Oka't wait, see babe. On my way home, I'm in Midland now, gonna head off to Dallas Fort Worth. Bounce my way right into Birmingham. Don't you worry about a thing? I got it well. First of all, I will say, of all the airports out there, one that's not talked about a lot, but it should be. It's Dallas fort Worth. I don't know who designed it. I don't know. Were you mad at somebody? Were you upset? It winds and turns and it just doesn't seem to have any sense. I don't know who laid this out. I don't know if it was someone you know, maybe I don't know. I don't know what they were doing. You know, you don't move around inside the airport. You get on a rail on the outside of the airport and it's tough. It's just set up. Really, it's set up really strange. You know, it's never really one world. You move down little halls into different world's right, very important to know the terminal and everything. Well, you were you and b uh No. I was everywhere you were, everywhere I was in b One time I bounced back to E. Did you did you by way? That's a long way from each other. Yeah?
Speaker 7: Did you go to the concessions where they don't you don't scan the items. They just know what's in your hand in that airport.
Speaker 3: No, it's because it just represents the rest of me. Now I didn't. I didn't have much fun there, Okay, all right, So so I so I get there and I and I'm like, okay, I connections a couple of hours from now. Time for me fellows some deep and uh so you went Midland to there. Everything's good, Everything's fine. Okay, I'm good, got right out of Midland. And so then, as I'm eating foolishly thinking I could have something all on me, I looked down app spinning notification. I think to send me the board and pass again. I don't want to keep doing it over and over again. But it's reassureing. I like it. I hit it delayed delayed, and I said, and I go to lay Long. Supposed to leave at seven o five. You're now delayed to eight fifty.
Speaker 6: That's two hours from.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're landing.
Speaker 6: About an hour and fifty minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, wow, So you move my gate. I'm not even in the right area anymore. I can't even enjoy my dinner. I got time to get there. I do so. Uh so then, and I knew I would do this. Trainer Sean I'm so sorry. Uh look when when big people, when we get down foods of comfort. Yeah, I knew I was in trouble. Like an alcoholic returned to a bar. I threw myself into the nearest candy shop. And I'm like this, this call me a king size nigger. This no Greg I was. I was much more down than that. Oh, this calls for toffee. Oh and I went and not just not store balls, not the one that's in a brand. I went over to that thing where you crank it. Okay, yeah, filled. I didn't fill up a bag. I'm a hop up. No, I just I put a few in the bottom.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 3: He's surviving. Yeah, and I don't know why I think this is gonna make it better. Right then, I've traveled enough to know I'm in trouble. I'm in trouble. And and then you're you're you're trapped inside that airport world and and honestly, it begins to feel like a prison, and you'll even think things like I may never see my home again. You start thinking there's no and you start thinking crazy things live like you know, my first instinct, like like I talked about, you know when you get spooked and you want to run. My first crazy instinct was I'm driving, you're driving. You're in fort war you driving, You're not driving. I said, I'm driving, and and so then then then you start doing crazy things like that. Should have gone private. Whi's too late, Rick, stop it, It's too I mean, you're you're stuck. You're now you know what you are. They can do anything to you they want. You have no your life is over as far as control of it. You've lost complete control of your life. You're totally the mercy of other people now. And then you know me, my my unfortunate desire and my quirks is I have to fix it. I have to find the answers. I have to get to the bottom of it. But no one has them. But I have to know I'm doing crazy things. I got where are my where's the plan? I'm supposed to be on coming from what happened? And I go over somebody and they don't know. I get that this was the answer. I really didn't want to know. I got bad news for everybody. I found something out. You've probably already figured it out on your own. The very people you remember, the time you remember years ago when the woman from Delta said, well, I don't know what you want me to do about it, And I said, I'm perfectly aware that you're not the CEO of Delta, perfectly aware. I'm perfectly where, you're not the pilot. I'm perfectly where. You don't work in the hour. I know that. But when y'all just turned my vacation upside down, they said for me to call, and they gave me this number, and you answered, you are the person. I'm sorry if you didn't want to be. I mean, but this is who they did. They din't tid me to call these I don't know how to call the other people. They said, to call you. That's what they said. I've been on Hope for a few good I've been on Hope for fifty three minutes. You're the one I've been waiting on. And you don't seem to have a lot, you know, and you just turned our vacation upside down. It's a pretty big deal. And so anyway, in this case, so I start, I have to have answers. How was your tone? I walked up? I will tell I never I never came apart. I walked them and said hey, and I even did this.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 3: You know you'll announce when you got something. I got. That's what's going on. It's just weather. Is there is there a plane? Why don't we delve just because I want to get an idea? Is there any hope? We the last ones to know. I'll just tell you that. Excuse me, you're the last ones to know. We don't have any idea what's going on? We just know, you know they send these delays now, And let me tell you we're usual the last ones to know. I said, so the very people that we can talk to, the only people have access to coming up a little bit, I said, I just want to be clear. I have this right, so I can get this right because it's just me having to understand. I'm just trying to get that now. Once again, I'm talking too long again, and I say, hey, let me just ask you this. But you're the only people we get to talk to. We don't get talked to anybody else. Well, I'll just stay with the last ones to know. Oh, I just wish you wouldn't be last. Yeah, you're the ones.
Speaker 6: Why are you last?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And why do they put you here? If you're last? And all of a sudden notification, delayed further moving gait. It's over. And that's when I go into complete despair, I said, I said. And then so I do what I tend to do. I walk up to mask wearer now at another days.
Speaker 9: M Yes, I can I help you?
Speaker 3: I said, I'm so, I can't. I can't understand you. And this is this one. I had kind of a low moment that mask isn't helping you. It really isn't. I hate to tell you that. I'd really just like to hear you talk clear. I can't. I can't. This is big. I gotta ask you, said, I want you to shoot me straight. Oh, I'm not gonna take my mask down, sir. I got it. I know I said that for no reason, but I had to say it. Yeah, you're wasting your time. It's not helping. We know these things don't HiT's a virus. It's a tiny little virus. It doesn't help. Okay, so it so anyway, all you're doing is hurting yourself. You should be breathing better. Yes, you know it.
Speaker 5: You're inconveniencing yourself for no reason.
Speaker 6: So I can't tell them that.
Speaker 3: But I backed off that real quick. I said, to shoot me straight. It's over, isn't it?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 9: What is over?
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not going back. I'm I'm here forever. I said, I want to start making moves. Please just tell me. I won't even tell anybody else if it'll panic people. I said, y'all do this little thing where you start pushing us back every twenty minutes, twenty minutes more, twenty minutes more. I know this routine.
Speaker 9: Is it over?
Speaker 3: Is burmi? I hope to go to Birmingham over because I want to start making arrangement. I want to be the first one to grab a hotel for me, that kind of stuff, sir. Right now that the plane is still trying to we can move it to ten oh seven and we're gonna try. We're gonna try to get back to Birmingham and that so right now, at this point, it's just it's the late.
Speaker 9: It has not been canceled.
Speaker 3: I think I heard canceled. Did you say not canceled? Canceled? You say canceled? Do you say it's canceled or not not canceled? Okay? Thank you? Now though, do you know me? What have I become?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 3: I'm leading the crew, all right, guys, is not canceled. We move, were moving at thirty seven, and now I'm looking at him, like, who's this guy? He's not with He's not with you, Nona understand hers. I just told I'm not canceled yet. I just talked to it. Don't make a run in the hotels. We're still in the game. So then you have the person who ones all hope, Oh, y'all ain't going back. Excuse you? You? Oh you're the You're the person that stands by the door. But we don't really know what you do. Yes, that's me. Uh what do you what do you got? Have you seen the weather? I have not. I thought the weather's good. God on me, what weather you're looking at? I said, okay, they must be an update. Now we got a storm coming in here about the time that plane is gonna leave. Y'all ain't going nowhere, guys, the storm's coming. Everybody, everybody, there's one there's one family that's like, this guy's scaring us. You know, they can't chimed under his mom. Who is this mommy? You're like this? Well, everybody they're saying. The storm. By time we leave it, I think we're done. That's when I texted, y'all, I'm toast at that point.
Speaker 6: All hope, who's the soothsayer here?
Speaker 3: I want that man? Just this man does he works for the air I don't see American Airlines anywhere on him. How does he know these things? Guys? I'll report back. I'll get the information. Come back. No one else. Don't boy rush this desk. I got this. I'll speak for us, all okay, and I'll be I'll probably get the first hotel room, but I'll make sure y'all get something. I'll come back, you know, finish up what happened.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show. He doesn't have OCD. He just likes things to be a certain way. Rick Burgess.
Speaker 3: I'm trying, America, I really I want to. I'm trying. I think I really believe if I was handed airports, I could do it better. I just I don't have what that job is called.
Speaker 9: Uh But but.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so I'm into rest as you know, which I'm so. I feel like I've taken charge of the flight to Birmingham from Dallas Fort Worth. I don't know how that happened, but I just think I can handle it. So I'm moving around everybody like I'm in charge, like I'm Moses and they're the children of Israel. And no one has asked me to lead, and I don't think they even want me to lead, but I'm leading the ones. I never stopped you, right, and so so now we've been moved to the gate and they've moved us to the I went up to the woman because I saw us leave the board. By the way, be careful word of advice when you got this kind of stuff happening, when your flight changing this often that the app can't keep up. Pay attention to the board too. You can't just completely leave the board. Don't be too app dependent. How are you announcing this to the whole group? Yes, I actually had a session about it and frankly got on one guy for not listening. All right, So anyway, so anyway, sir, right here, you don't think this is important, but look at me when I'm talking. My apologies also to the people of Charleston, South Carolina, that we're going to Charleston, South Carolina. It wasn't my place to announce your flight had been canceled, and broke their heart, broke a lot of hearts by way where you're going to Charleston dropped the news. I announced it before the airline did, because I went up there and I heard them talking. They were, oh, yeah, yeah, we're not going to Yeah, the weather, we can't get to Charleston, Charleston. They just canceled, y'all. And then you see everybody sitting over at like gate thirty eight and they're like, wow, you sure about that? Absolutely her, I'm talking about it. You'll hear announ in a minute, Hey get a hotel for a boy starts rushing on them. So anyway, that wasn't my place, Sorry about that. So anyway, Charleston, Charleston, y'all done, y'all done, two far aaged all right. So so then I go up and I said, so Downes, that mean Birmingham's cancel too, And she goes, now they've moved Birmingham to wait if you get out there, but Jimmy John's location, I said, oh gosh, that's way across the airport. So I start dashing to our new hope. Now when I get there, I see the people of Birmingham all going to be they're my people now, some of them know the show. So I fully take over now and some of them I think wanted it. It almost brought them peace. You don't want you don't want to be the leader of the pack, because that's where the stress is. If you got somebody else handlet I was bringing calm talking to people. Do you think you were bringing calm? That's how I feel. I don't know. I don't know if it's the way they feel. It seemed like it. I saw some faces, so all of a sudden, out of nowhere, I thought, really bad, out of nowhere. You know, over times we've done charter flights with you know, Oscar and you know, one time with Scott, and all of a sudden I look in and Scott Palmer is in this mess with me. What I'm like, I'm like, fly private planes. How'd you get pulled into this? He goes, like you I thought i'd. I tried to be sharp and save some money. I said, well, what are we saving? He goes, what are we saving? I said, how much is our life worth? Scott? Our life? Hours of my life have just disappeared into nothing. And he goes, I know, thanks, this is really helping. You're not standing on a chair, are you? At this point?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: But everybody right here the town criers. So let me tell you where we are at this point. Okay, this is this is what we're facing. The weather is coming and it's going to hit the Dallas Fort Worth Airport about eleven o'clock local time. Our flight is scheduled to get out at ten oh seven. And we're all like, we don't have a lot of time. We can't wish you got gay, worried? Hey, sicky? When did when did our society have so many people that need wheelchairs? When did this happen? Yeah, they are I remember I remember when a wheelchair was very rare, and like Adam and I were talking a minute ago that that man or woman that hangs around the door that they keep close to you because you think you have no hope. And when they owe every time they open, you think they're gonna put us on the plane. We've all been there. They opened it, and then they'll start messing around with the wheelchairs and they move them around, they'll set them somewhere and move with what is this? This just busy work? What are you messing around with something with the wheelchair? Are we gonna put somebody in it? Why you moving it around and we're.
Speaker 6: Looking at them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you're so desperate for any just.
Speaker 4: Yes, any kind of message, like could this they're moving around chairs, what could that mean for me?
Speaker 3: Right, run and jump in the chair. And then and then I also apologized to the pilot. I apologize to the pilot that went to get fast food. That man, we just all get kneel. I'm sorry, hey, man, when you got time for that, We got to go with the storm's coming. Yeah, you ain't got time to eat. And when you get back, and he looks at me and he goes, what I said, Wow, you run just again, just get on the plane. And uh and he's like, uh, I'm going on the plane, sir. He goes, I just that we're not ready to go yet. I said, we don't even want to clean the plane for the people just got off. I don't care if I sit down in my seat and there's like, I don't even care if the place where the drinks rest, I hope it's still wet. Let's just get on the plane. I said, we don't have to worry about cleaning. Tell everybody not to worry about cleaning. And then I and now I'm running American Airlines okay, and so I said, we got to get on this plane. So so we we we walked to the pilot.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you're supposed to do that.
Speaker 3: It wasn't anything mean. I just I said, hey, are you flying us? He said? He said yeah. And I said are you gonna get something to eat? And he's like yes, And I said, we we got to go this. Don't you have you seen the weather? He's like, I'm I'm he said, he said, I'm well versed on the weather.
Speaker 4: You know how you're not supposed to say, like bomb in an airport. I think you're not supposed to talk to the pilot. I think that's that's what it was.
Speaker 3: Fine, he was fine, waterburger? Really is that good for you? This late at night? So anyway, anutrition is well, it was real late. So don't y'all ever say I worried to go to that danding. So no, he sounds like he is morphed into you. So they start putting us. They start putting us on the plane. Send us a picture of you talking to the look they boarded us on. We're now boarded. We're boarded. And that's when you really got hope. You got so much hope. Now, okay, my my, probably my biggest apology for the day is for the elderly woman who said, uh, next to me, I'm so sorry. I'm very very sorry, but I thought you died. Three times on the flot she kept dozing off, and I guess she was trying to sleep. But one time I looked at her and I didn't think she was breathing. I was like, okay, and she what, I'm trying to sleep. I'm so I'm so sorry. That's almost midnight, like.
Speaker 9: She was dying.
Speaker 7: I know, you can't sleep at an airport, that's obvious, and you can't sleep, but some can.
Speaker 3: But you know, hoop, if she had not been, she was, God love her for but still being on her own and uh and been. But I mean I looked over her one time and like her hands got into position like you would come into pay your last respects. And I looked and I kept watching her chest, and I said, I don't think she's breathing, and and and I even went to another person, I think, and the person and sleep, and so I would do something like just a little bit of Nunice, you know, and I go, oh, thank God, and and she goes, honey, are we there, And I said, no, I'm sorry to stop. I just checking on you. She just kind of looked at me, thank you, but I didn't ask you to check it. Okay. So she's telling everybody today right and sleep. Well, wow, some guy kept bumping you wait till your life. So we so we look out the window and we can see the lightning coming on the horizon and we're like, come on, man, we got to go. And we keep talking out loud and we can well. I just said, I started doing my hand like this, and they don't like that.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, America.
Speaker 3: Show in America. Here we go, Speedy, Greg Adler, the team all here for another show casting from the real world. We keep it real here, we keep it real. So uh starting or if you missed all that any part of me, go back and catch it on the archives for later in the day. But anyway, so we did make our way to Birmingham. When the guys went to bed last night, I had given them I'm toast. I don't think I'm gonna make it back. You're talking about doomsday. Doomsday. Hey, let me tell you something.
Speaker 7: If you have never known this I'm about to just drop it to you and you probably heard it if you hung out with us like this past hour.
Speaker 3: Rick cannot sleep like some of you would go, would just sit down to put some you know, some headphones on. And Jill likes airport, in a bus, any kind of any kind of transportation, airplane. He can't sleep, can't do it. So you know what he does bothers everybody? You know what he needs to do. Be seated in silent. Now I tell you what he does. He does bother He tries to get the people who are depending on him home. That's what I do. I try to get us to our destination. A couple of things, uh, and we'll move into some great guess message. Is there anything worse the middle of the night sleep deprivation. Everybody's ill, nobody's happy. You finally get to your destination, and they have nobody to gate to wave the plane in. So now you're sitting on the tarmac, you can see where you want to be. You can actually see where you would go, get in your car and leave, I mean go through the airport, the airport that you've been trying to get to. Is you lost a hope of you're finally here, and they can't pull up to the gate because nobody's there to wave them in. How are they caught off guard by this? Haven't they been tracking the plane. We sat on the tarmac another fifteen to twenty minutes because we couldn't get to the gate, just when everybody was at their most ill. See, that's the point that bothers me. They know you late, they know what you've been through, and hey, god forbid you. We didn't We didn't sneak in. I kept saying, we knew. Somebody should have went, Hey, they're almost here, let's get out here. I apologize for asking the flight crew, and I've been very kind the whole time, except for the incident with the snack basket, but I want to get into that. But thee is that I was like, I just said, just let me out. I'll walk across the tarmac, say that I'm fine, I know where my truck is. Just let me out, all right, So I've got to carry on. Please let me out. They let you go on that slide right.
Speaker 7: Our pilot was great because we set for about fifteen minutes waiting and he came on and said, hey, sorry for the inconvenience. They've got crews, you know, bringing in planes and we're next because they've only it's not like you you didn't, they weren't ready. It's just like they've only got like three or four crews that are bringing in planes and you know, waving them in and then all that, and so they're like, we're next, meaning that the crews are hopping from plane to plane trying to get you, so you have different at least, he told us half the time, if you'll just be honest and tell us we're okay, yeah, Well it's the hang on, y'all.
Speaker 3: Well, I well know, and about the snack basket, and I won't get into it because you know, it's not my nature is we're all I'm not even hungry. I'm fine. I've had plenty to eat, don't need to eat. But I needed that snack. It's like I needed it because we were into rest.
Speaker 6: You need, yeah, and so that snack is for your brain, it's not for your stomach.
Speaker 3: Right, And so they they they they said that it was too turbulent, so the flight attendants needed for their safety, there'll be no service. Fine, about an hour and twenty minute flight. Fine, I was I was okay. I was disappointed, but I was okay because I understood it. But then I saw the flight attendants when things smoothed out and we finally found some smooth air, they got upstair walking around, didn't bring snacks, and I was like, well, if you can get up, probably because most of it was a sleep, if you can get up and walk around, just hand me the snack basket. It's not that big a deal. All I want. All I want is just get me something out of there, maybe some mixed peanuts or maybe that cookie thing. He was the only one way, Well, you make a good point. Yeah, I was on probably by the way, yeah, because everybody was out. It was almost midnight, and I apologized to Scott Palmer, who was the pilot who was on there, who we know apologized to him. He wanted to sleep, and I kept asking questions. We think about the way. It's kind of choppy, and he was. He was like, now the weather's north of us, we'll be we'll get out of this. Yeah, quit talking.
Speaker 6: It's oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't leave them alone.
Speaker 3: And then I now said the plane weather's behind us, don't Worry's the guy that keeps people. The guy he's almost be one of those commercials you're turned into your parents. He's like that one final thing. Is that anything inside you that probably said I should just sit here? No, it's the thing inside of me doing all this, all right. So it's the person outside that tries to stop it. It's inside guy can't stop all right. So so side guy. So it's going to be a new character inside guy. Yeah. Got so anyway, one thing I got, we got to stop now seriously, and and and don't have an attitude about it. Y'all tell us that we can bring a Carvey on okay, And and we all have carry ons that have meant have met the criteria that you demand. And then you won't, let's put them on the plane. Uh. The first I was like, I was, I was in group one, so there's nothing that's been taken up on the plane, and and the and the thought then said, oh no, you got to you gotta side check that. I said what I said, there's there's a room on the plane. Then f A A, but what FA you throw it? F A A FAA says we can't bring you know, I don't know if it was the size of the plane or whatever. But we need a heads up on that. Okay. If if you've asked us to bring a carry on that we can't carry on, that's problematic. Now, if I've broken the rules and it's too big, I'm good with that. But if I've had if I have it in your rules and you just simply say we'd rather not put the luggage up in these things, I don't. I don't why would it? And and then some woman got on me about that. You know, I said, it's spongy. It doesn't have that. You need to zip that up, and you know where it makes it smaller the extension, I said, this doesn't have an extension. It extends if it needs to, and then it smushes if it needs to. There's no zippra. You need to zip that up, man, there's no zipper on this. I've traveled all over the world and no one said that. You announced that by quote, I've traveled all over the world. You're the only one that's got a problem this bag. Nobody else is ever's.
Speaker 9: All over the world.
Speaker 3: And and her response, how should that go? She let me go silent treatment. Did you turn around to the whole crew and go having a side check. They want me to side check. If you have this side bag, they're gonna want to side she went. She went further. Everybody's side checking, well, side checking, and there's people like I don't want to side check. I didn't either. Y'all didn't give one of those tickets, say side checking Asama, Why does he keep yelling? And what's wrong with the bearded man? Everybody follow me. We're getting somewhere. At some point, I got this, I'll take care of this. Don't worry Monday who I'll really unpack it. So that that was kind of I don't I don't understand that move. You know, you keep you understanding. I didn't come up there and they said, sorry, all the bins are full. Now you got a side check. I was like the second person on the plane and they wouldn't let me bring it, not because it was too big. Because they did, they said something about FAA can't, We're not gonna we don't this plane. I don't know it was. It just means there's no checking. I mean you have to check every bag now. I'd like to know that. Yeah, this is back to if I'm gonna do air Valet and the pistol can't be in a glove compartment. I like to see that on the reservation. I'm gonna fix things that people just let me try so hard. And this is American eagle to two seats on each side of the road. Uh huh yeah, yeah, you can even say. I know we normally do carry ons, but little planes can't handle it. Just communicate with us. Like you said, I love this person that is always telling you what's going on. I want you can't tell me enough. And I like the pilot that does this. And I've had some in they're great eladies. Jim, welcome to the whatever we're here, we're gonna go tell you what. We're gonna cruise up here this year. We got a flight about an hour and twenty minutes. I'm gonna try to pick it some time. We lost apologize for the fact that we're delayed. I know that's not a lot of fun. We got a little bit of weather, so it's gonna be a little choppy coming out.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: But once once we hit that choppy, I'll let you know that I'm gonna try to find some smooth air force and then when it gets choppy, don't leave us choppy chop, choppy chopping. All right, guys, So we got some turtle turbulence from the from the cockpit, but I'm going to try to find us some smoother air. Just hang on this. This just shouldn't be too much longer. Uh and we are not in trouble and uh uh And if there's anything else y'all need to know, just ask Rick now something somebody that's Rick, most everybody else has has their headphones on. Yeah, they're trying to sleep and they're like, what's he saying? This one here is like, yeah, keep talking, listen to me more. I want to know exactly what we're doing. I'd like this. I just checked down at the gate. You know, we only got a couple of crews, like Speedy said, So there's a chance. I want Rick. I want you to prepare for this. We we could get on the tarmac and sit ten to fifteen possibly eighteen minutes. I want to get you in, get you in the right headspace over now. So now he's talking to yeah, and I'll be like, thank you, bye, thank you.
Speaker 13: I need that.
Speaker 3: Hey. Hey, the flight attendants are walking around. It seems kind of smooth, and I can I have that cookie thing. Hey, look if it smooths out and y'all get to walking around and give Rick a cook evy cool. I'm not hungry. I just I just this is like a discomfort food. And by the way, I'm checking on her. She's alive, she's good. All right, we'll come back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. He has known Greg Bridges for his entire life. Upset, Rick Burges, Thank you.
Speaker 3: America, thank you for being with us today from text Nation. There's some truth about to saying misery loves company? Is it bad that hearing you sharing in my monthly experiences flying commercial for the last twenty years in some weird ways making my heart smile? So that's funny. Uh, let me a new product on the show. Caution, everybody, stop what you're doing because I want to give you this. Uh, I don't miss this because I want you to jump on it. You know, we always talk about when something becomes popular, you got to get out there and get it. A little something called Mando m A N d O And uh this is if you go to shop. Mando bo is part of this. Yeah, I'm holding the deodan run here there it is. It's about body Rick, you just turned good. Lord, there we go. Speed here you're up here because that Greg understand, I've had no sleep in my and I'm completely coming apart. And no one should take in this much caffeine this quick. You know what's starting your hands? Quick work? Okay, let me try it again. Let me tell you about a new product here today Shopmando dot com. So last week the whole show, we got a lot of samples, uh from from SSI because this is a brand new sponsor. And uh, do you really trust the deodorant?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: This art to flip adder switch here and and you you took a bunch of it, uh and put it in the sweet van right for camping and things like that. But it's for everyday use. If you use a brand or a type of deodorant, you know, and you know a lot of us, especially as men, you pick your deodorant, you go on never changing over the rest of my life. Well, maybe it's time to do that, because sometimes facts are that most deodorance just don't work, especially for guys if you live in active lifestyle. But now with Mando ready to tackle all over orders odors before they even start. Now, let me tell you how it was created to be high performance deodorant for the whole body. Uh, it's safe for any part of your body. Okay, it's science based formula.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: It's pH optimize, capable of blocking odors before they ever start. Now, the deodorant you're using right now, it just mask odors. Uh, are you know? But it might neutralize them after they form. But this stuff is and al this I know you did some some some looking on this mandelic acid. Are you familiar with that? Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Plus it's aluminum free.
Speaker 3: There you go, so you don't have any of that. And it's clinically proven to work all day long. It's hypoallergenic, skin safe, speedy, and you can use it all over. And then you know what, you have that confidence that how about this, I don't stink. There it is, there it is. I don't stink.
Speaker 6: No parabins.
Speaker 3: Also, no parabons, no parabons, which you love. So if you'd like to find out about these great products, here's where you go. Shopmando dot com. Shop Mando m A N d O dot com. Use our code twenty percent off, the code Big Vox twenty percent off. Smell Better Longer with products that actually work to completely eliminate the older. Also, you get free shipping twenty percent off Shopmando dot com with the code big vox and free shipping, Or go to Rick Burgess show dot com underspon and put Mando to work for you. Greg, you said that over the weekend that you may have found us some gold. My friend, Well, you know how I love local television, Greg Burgess, is he loves local television? I do. Yeah, Well, there you go, you love it. So Saturday morning, get up, usually, get you a cup of coffee, you know, in the day started, it's early, not not that early, but anyway, so and then Lisa, she comes and joins me, and we got it. I said, what's on TV? Just before we get the day started? And of course I flipped on there Jack Hannah. Of course, I think, did he die? The animal guy? You spend a letter and all the time, is he dead? Because shows? His shows are still on? Are you confusing him with the crocodile guy? No, I think Steve, I know this. He had issues. I think he died.
Speaker 5: I think Jack Hann is still a lot.
Speaker 3: He's got he's got Alzheimer's. I think he died.
Speaker 8: Really, I think no, he's he retired. Greg, I'm telling you look it up, but anyway, I am, Greg.
Speaker 5: I am looking it up, buddy. It's please don't say he's dead again.
Speaker 3: That's usually what I do for you, Burgess. Boys will kill some. I know this. He's not good. I got you. He's no longer doing current shows. Anyway. I love his show.
Speaker 6: So no, Jack Hannah is not dead.
Speaker 1: You have him dead.
Speaker 3: I think he is.
Speaker 6: He does have advanced Alzheimer's.
Speaker 3: Oh that's sad. I didn't know that. But he's not doing new shows, which is all great should have said. Yeah. So anyway, so I get through with that. You know, Lisa, she's over not paying attention. And uh, all of a sudden, on one of our local channels, I look and it's it's coming on. It's I love the Hustle show. I love to Hustle And if you wonder what that is, I'll tell you what it is. It's the dopest half hour of entertainment on television. The Undisputed King of the Hustle DJ Maestro features the Turbo Hustle, the freak Beat, and to get fit. While you see it and listen, they get up. So we got to watching it because she and I love Uh. It's DJ Mostro is the host and his co host is doctor e. She she does stuff like Saturday Shoes on her about how to meditate, How to meditate, Yes, but the best part local TV. Yes, but then they'll go uh. They also have the line Dance of the Week by Big Mucci. Big Mucie does the line dance. Yes, the King of the line dance. I didn't realize Big Moochie was. They show you new steps of the week, and of course you know Lisa cand dance. She got up straight. I couldn't do the steps. You couldn't do this time. We tried to learn the steps. What were the steps this week? There was something to do with the hustle, okay, but anyway, but everything so the hustle is the foundation. Yeah, and it varies off the hustle. Yes, they have different And they also had one of the local artists. I wish I could remember his name. He debuted there he is, that's the that's mister smooth, the King of the line dance right there. Every guy was. But then I think I've seen them in a room setting where they just have speakers and they're all dancing with different couples. Yes, and uh, there's big muchie right there. I wish you could see sit. What was it called? Who was the who was the guest? That guest? I don't know his name. It's escaped me. But he's a local artist. And he debuted his video Midnight Snack and that's exactly what you think.
Speaker 12: It's oh yeah, yeah, if you can't say that same, it's exactly what you think it isn't say that. And they debuted his video and uh, like I said, y'all watching he sang that, and I'm trying to get Step of the Day and all that.
Speaker 3: Like Solaza got Step of the Day. She's good. Yeah, but I just I struggled with it. But but next time I'll be ready. But they also do this, and it showed a video get fit while you sit, and it's like people that can't stand up long. So they're I bet tell me you haven't withheld this from Mark Garnett. I just saw it Saturday. You got to share this. It's right up there with you know how I love the Dean family like this, Well he does too, you know, he needs this and I love to hustle show. That's what it's called and again it's the dopest half hour of entertainment on television and everything.
Speaker 5: Didn't know where you got that and where you were going with this?
Speaker 3: It's so good. So do you think you've got maybe one of the dances? Could you get up? And you know, I really don't I work on it more? Greg? Was it everything you hope for? Dregg? Genuine article? Yes, genuine article, absolute serious about And the guest that was it was wish I could think of his name, but he released his video and night snack.
Speaker 5: Can we hear Bootsy Collins introduce this?
Speaker 3: No, that's not that the great guy. Yes not here is The name is Boots big shot Aut goes out to my friend DJ MI show, did I love to hustle show? How about Boots of go and hold on out? Hold on That's what I'm telling you. You'd love it there get it to be dancing? Oh my goodness, Greg, why do you say this? How many cups of coffee you go through while you're watching? It also features the dance line of the Week by Big Moochie, the King of line dance Okay, and a whole lot more mister smooth Now he's one to really give you some steps.
Speaker 5: This is like local access.
Speaker 3: It's all that's where all the gods, where all the gold Saturday. You're in, I'm in. I'm looking for a copy of Midnight Tonight. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. In order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor. So like enough Francis and enjoy the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being with us today, America. I hope you're well. We'll get some of your phone calls in uh here before too terribly long. A couple of things text Nation, uh adder. They they're asking, and I'm you know, like I say, you you know where I've been, so not exactly on top of things. But the they're asking, do we have the Amish robot story today?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: Did you there's there's Amish robots.
Speaker 6: Robots that one.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is. But what in the world Tesla's making Amish robots or something something like that. The hearing churned butter Butter, Yeah, so are we gonna this? Greg kind of didn't think it was that big a deal, but I was a little taken back today with Greg. I realized now since he was watching was it green?
Speaker 9: That was?
Speaker 3: I love the hustle. I love the hustle. I love the big Mucci, big mooch in doctor uh And I walked, I walk in there. You know, we're all doing breakfast and bringing stuff in. Now it's a different system. And Gregson are eating a bulld egg and I said, are you eating? I'm like, are those are those bull eggs that you someone else had? Because I couldn't imagine Greg bowling eggs and bringing something. Greg brought bulled eggs that you announced. Everybody got some bulld eggs in here? Well there was only two there is. I'm just bringing myself stuff. That's what I was told today. Bring myself stuff. That's what I was told. Okay, all bring Greg. We share, y'all want one of my eggs? Everybody shares? Okay, I didn't realize that. Would you mind bringing enough eggs for everyone? Well? One egg apiece? About four eggs. Hard to travel with eggs, but something about Greg with the bulled eggs eggs.
Speaker 5: If you can travel with two eggs and you can travel with four eggs?
Speaker 3: Agreed? Agreed? I put that. Tony said, what's it called season on my bull eggs. Yeah, pretty good, Tony Satury, that's what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that stuff, I put that on Core in this weekend.
Speaker 3: A bunch of you can put it on it with watch that corn? Are you this way with LISTA two things that you're in your home fridge? Going at Liasta to these your mine? I told you that speedy when I walked in, almost like he was a busted Yeah. Look, I didn't know y'all wanted eggs. And then he throws it back. I've never seen you because we don't have any here. You don't know how to bowl eggs. No, I'm just saying we don't have bowleggs here. How long did you do home? I don't know, Lisa, did you already eat them? I've already eat them? Yeah there. I don't like them. I don't like them running inside. Let me tell you what happened to all of them already, because I know I know's heart. Yeah, I know Lei's heart, and it's a heart of gold. I guarantee you. She said, what do you think I should make enough for? Everybody? Needs?
Speaker 10: A No?
Speaker 3: Just from me? Yeah, I mean I got stuff. Well, when you eat some of our stuff, we bring stuff around. You just made another breakfast for everybody. You've never eaten that's for speed. Have you ever eaten breakfast balls?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: Never protein balls? Yes?
Speaker 7: Okay, so you like yesterday in the group text I know it was hard to get through the Lubbock, Dallas Fort Worth texts from from Rick?
Speaker 3: Did you not see me say any that's for you? Though?
Speaker 7: How do you think it's from me? When I said, does this make me phiel batty? Terry just made these for.
Speaker 3: Trust when you because if I know some of it, you'll have it. Look at your face like, dang, I always wanted to last more than this.
Speaker 6: Here's a grass.
Speaker 3: I don't ever look that way?
Speaker 6: How how how do you get them?
Speaker 3: Greg? You got? What's that?
Speaker 6: As far as the boiling of the egg, all the way done?
Speaker 8: Fifteen minutes that one, yeah, thirteen to fifteen, you're crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't like runny eggs. One minute. I don't get that started. I don't, my god, I think land on thirteen minutes. Normally that one they had to put in that little holder and you hit it when you when you spume, you know what I'm talking about? Yes, yeah, yeah, I do it.
Speaker 6: Eight minutes we have went straight into cold water.
Speaker 3: So they start like gelatin looking I do I to be like jelly so s then y'all, but I won't want to eat mine then, so.
Speaker 6: Just bring them the way I like them.
Speaker 3: By the way, when I was sitting down, you know, chilling with the drummer for Eli young Man, yes, and I ordered sweet, I just I got I'm kind of burned out on scrambled right now. I went with Fridays cause makes a good Frida egg sandwich. It is phenomenon with some avocado, hot salce, salt, pepper all that. So anyway, so in the in the person serving said, how do you want that? And I thought myself every now and I liked, I'm gona toast a little bit of a running with a little sonny. And I thought to myself, Rick, don't do that in airport. No way should your eggnant. I'll be cooked all the way through it. In an airport. You can't take that kind of chance. And I think the drummer for Eli Young Band wanted me to go for it. I just said, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I show you and you pick out the drummer from the line up. Here's Eli Young Band, which one is he?
Speaker 10: This?
Speaker 3: Is there a little bit younger far left.
Speaker 6: All right, that is correct when you get it wrong.
Speaker 3: Now, did you meet him because you can't settle and you were fidgety and you started looking around and he made eye contact with you. Well, it started with that awkward thing that we don't like about restaurants and airports. Of course in notorious because they need to cram a lot of people in there is by the way, I saw a couple of BIPs, So I share with y'all too. Uh, you know that uncomfortable thing. And if you're on a date, it's really bad, but if you're by yourself, not so bad. Where they basically tell you you're going to sit with people you don't know, and there's like a long bench and there's like one little table, one little table, one little table, and we're all basically it's almost like we came in as a party of six, but we're all different parties of ones and twos, and they're making us all sit together, which I do not like, no, but that, but literally, I mean, like, Eli Young, you're you're you're further from me than he was. Eli Young, He's like right here. Well, the drummer, not Eli, but the drummer and uh so, I mean it's almost like if we don't speak, since we're both solo and neither one of us had our wives or anybody. I mean, it's almost like I'm being rude. I mean, it's almost like you said on that do y'all talk to the person next to you on airplane? No? No, no, not next to you. No, that's weird. No, you can't just say hey, how are you?
Speaker 6: I mean, when they sit down, you give them I say hey, and then that's it.
Speaker 5: I got no more nothing.
Speaker 3: Rick gets a brush of greatness. He met Kidman, the former w w E wrestler, remember when. Yeah, it's kind of like my superpowers. I never meet the main person, but somebody close. That's true. And so, uh so you're traveling over Greeter. No, only if I'm so goodness, only if I'm sol, If I'm with the family that I'm I'm I'm stressed by all that, and I got to be sure they're good. But if I'm by myself, I'm dangerous and I'll and I'll lead a whole. But anyway, we got to talking, you know, about gigs and things and and uh and music and right, and he said, he said, weren't you mister lucky, He said, I actually so. Yeah, silent Ring. He goes, wait a minute, wait a minute, those I've got that album. Those are actually some some silent ring. You are correct. I once saw you guys at Panama City. You might not remember it, but anyway, the we had a great conversation and and so. But but when you're in that environment, you know, you got to learn. If you're in that world, it's as soon as they come, you order. Now you're not going to get a refill in your drinks. It's gonna be difficult in there. Be careful with that. Go ahead and order to and uh and and so and and and and I and he was headed to Boise, Idaho, you know, for a theater gig in case y'all must know, okay, and uh and we had a great discussion. I mean, and did you zap all of his energy?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: He did? He have to give to give a ton everybody he showed up for for the Playbody's like, why aren't you given more? Man?
Speaker 6: I met this guy, gave him drum and tips. I bet Rick gave him drum tips.
Speaker 3: I referred to him. I said, I'm I'm you know somewhat of a drummer myself, I said, and he had a good line. I said, I'm a very average drummer. He said, well, then you could play country Uh, George stra he threw that out there. He basically said, no, you could be the drummer for for a country band. I promise you. But but anyway he was speaking, he's probably very good at what he does, and uh as a drummer, but he probably had a meet and greet and he gave everybody nothing. Super nice guy.
Speaker 6: Now he's like, I'm warning.
Speaker 3: Now, you know I am on this kind of stuff when I've got things on my mind. Is He wanted probably to talk more about lighter topics, and I immediately went to you forgot about our connections. I said, you think that they're gonna leave on time?
Speaker 6: So you were complaining to him too.
Speaker 3: To him, I said, I just supposed to eat and have some and cause all I can think about was he he's like me. He lives on top margins too. He's got to make the gig right. Yeah, this is hard. By the way, has two small children. I'm glad you got a new friend. We we hit it off and we've got a lot of people coming to watch this night. Pick it up, pick it out. I don't have anything loud, take them out? Why are you so drained? This guy ordered some eggs next to me and it went downhill from there. Started talking about the connection flights and what time they're going to be here, and they want to announced to everybody what the deal was. Felt like I was never want to get there. I transitioned into my football career too, and he lost interest. But uh, but the it was that's when you lost it, right, seems it seemed like such a smooth transition to it.
Speaker 6: And by the way, they're coming to town in October.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, did you mention that? Yeah? I knew that. Okay, where are they going to be?
Speaker 4: It's actually a new looks like a new festival. Come to Sloss Furnaces, Iron Hills, Iron Hills Festival.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They shut that other one down for a while then they used to go to all the time. By the way, I did, I did ask him how you lot George Strait? Okay, I said, don't. I did a bit of a survey and just we're you on George Strake. You know, we said what he's the tributary, He's a legend. I told you, and I said, nobody said it. And then I went and he goes, no, no, Yeah, I said you big George straight fan. He goes, oh, it's say big. Let's say you're gonna have to play drums in his band, but you have to drink a lot of coffee before the show. Great, probably all right, we come back rioting in l a. Oh my, we revisit we mentioned it earlier in the show. Well, well we'll run down some of this. Well, look and see if we find this robot thing you're asking about on text Nation. We're not finding. Oh I know what they're talking about. You doing? Okay? What somebody is planning on flying today and they have no idea they're going to sit next to you. Oh yes, let me tell you something. Some of us going to Atlanta together that are on the Norfolk, Virginia.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get us signed copy of Rick's new book, Men Don't flund in the Ring for Father's Day by going to themanchurch dot com.
Speaker 3: Today's the last day, guys, ladies and gentlemen if you want to sign copy of Men Don't Money in the Rain, the brand new book. Thanks for all the feedback on that, just exceeding even our expectations. Feels good to be able to share a great man like Dad with so many people who never got the chance to know him. But if you want to sign copy, you got to do it today at five o'clock Central, six o'clock Eastern. The signed option will not be available because we were able to get them to you by Father's Day after that. So if you have been putting that off, or maybe you just thought of it, I think i'd like to do that. Do that today, okay, and let's get that done and we'll get them to you by Father's Day. So obviously over the weekend, the big story are the riots in La If I have all this right, this is and y'all brought this up earlier, and I agree with you guys. It seems odd that these people who left Mexico to come here are holding up a flag of a country that thought they thought was so horrible they would go into another country illegally. And also, if they're trying to say that they shouldn't be treated this way, shouldn't they be waving the American flag? Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If they want to be a part of it, and this is where I want to be. Yeah, because it kind of looks like that members of Mexico have declared war on the United States. That's what it did look yeah, yeah, And I don't think that's the best look well, actually destroying American flags, burning them Mexican flag. So I I came to this country, and I'm burning the flag of where I came, and I'm waving the flag of where I left. Yeah, that doesn't tell you what you're dealing with. Doesn't that feel?
Speaker 5: We love Mexico.
Speaker 6: Don't send us back to it weird?
Speaker 5: Please don't make us go back.
Speaker 3: We love it. There one, two, three four burning v hiccos right, and we were just peking. We just want to be peace loving Americans. This doesn't feel peaceful. It's not very peaceful to be a part of your community. Right here here is uh Trump one a there adler here he is talking about the rights. And now do I have it right? Because I was just getting in bits and peace is you know, at various airports and all that. So uh Trump is ready to send in and are hassen in now? The National Guard? Right? And and Newsom is looking at this as a federal government overreach. He should. He says, we got to handle right, which doesn't doesn't. Luck, he has a handle. Here. Here's Trump speaking about it. Like fellow Americans.
Speaker 2: It is with overwhelming enthusiasm that I am declaring that anyone who protests or interferes with ICE and their operations is officially gay big time.
Speaker 6: That was uh, that was the wrong clip. That was the wrong clip. That was the wrong clip. You guys, you guys, Hey, hey, everyone, So that's.
Speaker 3: Not what he's saying.
Speaker 6: That was the wrong clip.
Speaker 3: You gotta watch that.
Speaker 4: He made an official statement, gracious alive. Okay, do we want to hear him out at least do we want to hear him out what he has to say?
Speaker 6: Who the a I Trump?
Speaker 3: Yeah, alternative lifestyle as a gay communist.
Speaker 6: That's a long clip.
Speaker 5: That's a wrong clip.
Speaker 3: Okay. The White House has responded to yeah, we just heard it. They said anti ICE protest declared unlawful assembly, and and then uh, and they said that Newsom is too weak to protect Los Angeles because he's sitting there going, hey, we got this, it's an overage, and they're like, you don't have much and he's gay.
Speaker 6: Big time. Just normal time, big time.
Speaker 3: Well, i'll tell you it changes. This clip you have here under the letter I. Now the title seems weird to me. It's called Agents Come Out.
Speaker 6: Yes, I mean this is like something out of a movie.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm talking about when they come the door opens and they come out. Yes, Now you got to st or what's been happening on AI? This is this?
Speaker 7: So this is a moment where where you this opens up and they ain't falling around. They are gonna start throwing tear gas and I think it looks like they have is that paintball.
Speaker 6: Guns they got, yes, yes, yes, paintball guns with those feeders up top.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they are coming out there.
Speaker 5: It's like a movie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're really serious about uh to the side, unlawful assembly.
Speaker 3: They're really seriously you know. You know that's one of those things. And it's good that they have the uniform on. We need to keep it in order and whatever. But I would think to myself, after watching these idiots and what they're doing to LA, to get to come out there and fire them like that would be awesome. Yes, yes, it would be. You have a paintball gun going to town because you got them I got to watch you out because you know, try to not if you and kill you and throw rocks at you and also bombs. But I just want to be here right now. Now understand this guy with the tires he fell over it, he's about to get made.
Speaker 5: This guy with he got made.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They keep trying to throw stuff in front of the truck, so that's really hurt. Guys. They even defaced Kobe Bryant and it's a mural of him and his daughter. Yeah, now what why would you go after Kobe Bryant and his daughter? What again? You know what, that's just lawlessness, anarchy. There's no rhyme or reason. You're not even sticking with a narrative. You're just being destructive for the sake of being distructed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, here's the the Kobe Bryant murral.
Speaker 3: So that's fine. What what? What? What message is that? Who are you getting at?
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, and you guys mentioned Gavin Newsome.
Speaker 4: Somebody put out a clip on Twitter I guess it x and it went went pretty nuts of some you know, riots and things like that, and Gavin Newsom said, uh, he actually was bonded to that clip and said, this is a clip from twenty twenty, and the Babylon Bee or somebody responded, Oh, just to clarify, this is when you let the city burn in twenty twenty, not when you let the burn the.
Speaker 5: City burn in twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Car, just to clarify, this is at different time, So you let your city burn, right.
Speaker 3: You got any footage of what Trump thinks about it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You want him to play that one thousands Shue Greg had to put that on his phone. I don't know what Fame is doing with that time, but I didn't know. You gotta stop. One guy said, he nearly ran his costco and he nearly he drops stuff on customers, So you gotta stop doing you just that these uh is just.
Speaker 6: Gonna keep playing these self driving way mo cars.
Speaker 3: Oh you see them.
Speaker 4: They have like they've summoned these cars to these locations just so they can just roy them, y'all, And it is not good. Do you mean wimo is a self driving car? So somebody would order the car and then when it gets there they.
Speaker 3: Just okay, And that's hurting who? And what's that doing? With your point? What to say? Like, i' how does just say America and treating us right, we're tearing up right, y'all should want us to stay show. I bet they'll let us stay now, yeah, none of none of this is going to end with I bet they'll let us stay. But you know what, it's actually going to make it easier to not want you just half of them doing it. You're so whitey. Yeah, they're being anyway.
Speaker 6: Your dad because you divorced your mind.
Speaker 3: Some of the Democrats said this was a peaceful protest. Yeah, they actually said that. Yeah, we heard that in twenty twenty two. Well, they don't have anything else.
Speaker 4: This is what they want, the disrupted and there's a lot of palettes of bricks being dropped off in a lot of these places, do wed.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, broadcasting.
Speaker 3: From the Real Right America. Here we go, brand new. Iword, y'all, let us go. Are you ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 6: It's time for the Rig Burgess Show.
Speaker 3: The gang is all here, speaking Greg Adler as we spend another hour together. If you missed the show, go back and catch the archives. We will get a phone segment in today. We haven't even done one today, but we'll get one in this hour. We've just had a lot to discuss and we'll see where you are on multiple topics that have been discussed, if you've been with us any part of the ride prior to right now. Really we have an update on something that took place here here in this studios.
Speaker 5: Roll and then but we ain't turning.
Speaker 3: We have as flow emails doat time. We're on the Good Show. Heyburg hay Burge. And this one was sent uh through speedy to me from Grant. Remember Grant. Yeah, in the box seat box seats yep, had had his lady with him. Yeah, Miranda. I remember Miranda, and they've been dating two years and we started kind of as Adler Warren getting involved. Is that the one that won the month? Uh? I did not win the money. No, that's that's different. Oh, I know this is more recent than that. This was like Friday, okay, Yeah, we were having good We tell you we got tips on need a couple of days ago to ask a couple of days I brought up that someone had been on the show and done it before. That is correct, and I was hoping to go bad just for the show. Yeah, wow, green, which is good sad. Yeah, I remember Miranda and I This is from Grant were on the show this past Friday. I got a little teased about when the proposal was going to happen. Yep, Greg was hoping it would go poorly. Okay, see I had that uh all in good fun. And the best part was I had it planned. I was actually going to propose the next day. Come on that.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Miranda had helped me plan my thirtieth birthday party at my family's farm with friends and family. What she didn't know is we would go for a horse ride that morning. She's a horse trainer, and I would thank you, Greg, got a way to go there. I remember, by the way, you need that when too, Yeah, because you can remember that. We would go on to horse ride that morning, and I would propose on the trail ride right, how what Poto show? You know what that horse is thinking? That zebra ride thing was cool. I hope we get to do that. By the way, Text Nations said they were riding in Tennessee and saw it firsthand, looked up and saw zebra under They said, you should have seen it. But anyway back to this. By the way, those are beautiful, which is muscular? That horse? I know it is. See the horse is one of those things that something like this looks fun, but I've never had a fun experience. I haven't. So they're on a trail.
Speaker 7: She she thinks that he's they're planning his birthday right, But what she doesn't know is that he has this proposal plan and we nearly ruined it.
Speaker 3: They had the birthday parties there at the farm, and he said, well, she didn't know while we were here at the farm and having my birthday, and then we go on the horse ride. Then I'm going to propose on the trail.
Speaker 1: And he got it.
Speaker 3: So he proposed the very next day, right in front of the horses. I'd like to say, after take that, look, this is a drama. The drone footage of the drown footage talk about ruining people's relationships there. This is so cooling about that. And she said, yes, I had a happy ending adler that she has almost ruined.
Speaker 5: Oh, you should do it on the on the on the ride that you guys go on. They never said that you should do it then.
Speaker 3: We never said that you ain't gonna do it here. You need to do it on the trail. I think you said that it's coming. It sounds awful. I think you said that I.
Speaker 6: Didn't obviously didn't. Y'all are the one making everybody feel weird.
Speaker 3: But he congratulations, Grant. I was wondering why he looked at me like shut up.
Speaker 5: He did seem incredible.
Speaker 3: It's almost like, y'all shut up. I have planned.
Speaker 4: He didn't want to say anything because then any if you say anything, it could give something, right, do.
Speaker 3: You do you think congratulations? I'll say this, and in their world that meant more to her than if he had done it here. If he doesn't here kind of dumbs it down. Oh thanks great, Yeah, I see what you're ye.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 3: But they're probably I'm not even sure they're still together.
Speaker 6: Hey, speaking of.
Speaker 4: People in the audience on the live studio audience, can we talk about Bobby Bowden's son that came through?
Speaker 3: Sure, yes, that was cool. We didn't know this until after the show. Clarify. And you're gonna have to be someone who was very familiar with the Rick and Bubby years over three decades.
Speaker 6: So you were a intern then, I wasn't.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, well he.
Speaker 6: He just he came in and talked to us about it. This was the I didn't know Bobby Bowden.
Speaker 3: I don't no, no, no, I didn't work that.
Speaker 4: But the moment in which Cassio Kidd, the moment in which Cassio Kid is sitting in the hot tub on the fact with his date and you think it's just the two of them, and then the camera pans to the to the side and there is a large dude with a mic boom in the hot tub with him. I will never forget that.
Speaker 6: I seeing that on that on that show and crying with laughing.
Speaker 3: This was the turner South years. I honestly don't know. It might have been the turn South people. I don't I don't know. Uh, they're they're shooting it. I really don't know. Maybe Christopher Columbus came up with it.
Speaker 6: I don't know who came up with it, but man, I really do not know.
Speaker 3: So it was really some brainstorming and and some different ideas that kind of created this and it started just growing from there. Yeah, but I wasn't un intended with the fact, But I wonder who said, hey, when we paying right here, get tub shirtless and have the boom micas it was fun.
Speaker 7: Right, you know, I was, I was, I was there, but behind behind the no no, I wasn't directing. I was just there for organizing, and I remember it happening, but I can't remember who did it to say.
Speaker 3: It might have been Christopher Columbus. That's that's what I'm thinking, because you know, he knew how the show operated, he got the humor, and he's sitting there in that hot tub. Yeah. So anyway, so I remember when face, I remember when the former you know, worked with the TV side at Turner South and we need to name you Bobby Bowden because he was a big Florida State fan and so unfortunately he passed away. And so, uh, what about a couple of weeks ago? Last week?
Speaker 14: It was.
Speaker 3: Last week Tuesday? Yeah, no, it wasn't. You got it.
Speaker 7: It was before they got it in twenty three Rix got it. I don't think it was last You've been through a lot. It's just last weeks got us at those studio.
Speaker 6: I found it. I found it. I found it just the visual of Cassio in the hot tub and there he is, and there he.
Speaker 3: Looks just like it he does.
Speaker 7: And when his son said I'm Bobby, I'm Bobby Bowden's son, Yeah hit me.
Speaker 3: Then it hit me. I was like, oh my God, you looked just like I never even I didn't get it. You give it much, but I tried to give it for you and me.
Speaker 6: So there's Miles.
Speaker 5: That's Miles.
Speaker 3: That is his son. Yeah, and he was here a week before last and he and so he's got he brought a picture of his dad with Oliver last year Oliver North and uh and and then the picture Sean Hannity. And then he's got the old best of Rick and Bubba Turner South Days d v D. Some of you may not know what that is, but there were things called the one probably had that factor on it, right, and then it is and and we all got to sign that stuff for him and see him and uh and that was great. And and people from text nations said all these years, some of them this this text said, I always thought that was Rick in the hot tub. Yes, and yeah, in my heavy days with the goate that that could that's yeah. Uh huh. I get heavy, never not in heavy, but heavier except one brief moment when I was in like from seventh to ninth grade. Yeah, and I and I stayed a relatively slim tenth grade year that it all got away. And I've been pretty much some form of heavy. Ever since different degrees, there's something I was Rick, Yeah, yeah, so they uh know that that wasn't me funny funny funny bit and uh that was that was He claimed that those were those were fun fun years. That whole Turner South thing was just a blast. There was a lot of work and it really increased the schedule, but it was a blast and the kids used to watch it before school. And so many people came to the Rick and Bubba Show from that because we you know, in the old days, and now you're not limited by anything, but in those days you were. You were pretty much limited by the terrestrial radio network. That was it. If you didn't have an affiliate, then you couldn't get the show. And then this cable channel puts us on in the in the in the mornings on cable, and then that that took us into everywhere that cable channel was available, and it really opened up a whole new world to us. And and there's I can't tee many people I meet they go, I started, yeah, I'll turn it sound, so there you go. We'll be back.
Speaker 6: Some wonderful stories from live studio audience.
Speaker 5: All are great people that.
Speaker 6: Were stay you guys before in the show, and it's interesting learning about y'all. Two y'all know so much about us.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 3: That's a great point. Avan, good job. We'll come back. We talked to them for you, Greg. Yeah, so we'll and when we're nice to them before you.
Speaker 5: Greg, that's good. You're keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Okay, are you ready.
Speaker 3: To bring something to the table? Cool? No, and get on the show?
Speaker 1: What eight eight eight six? Big fucks?
Speaker 6: Well, you know what that means.
Speaker 3: The first phone segment of the decade. We've just had a lot going on. We want to chat with you America. Plus it's some Monday. Sometimes you're like, am I'm dragging try tomorrow, but we will. We'll give you an opportunity. Now. We'll open up all ten lines. We'll go unscreen phone calls. That means you're gonna hear ringing and you just hang with it because we'll be answering these on the fly. And if you move right now, you ought to be in line ready to go. US tax Shield join the old Rick Burgess Show. US tax Shield. Do you know that the biggest collection agency in the country is the.
Speaker 9: I R S.
Speaker 3: Will they garnish your wages? You better believe they will? Yes, where they sell off your property? Ask Willie Nelson, you better believe they will and record a CD. Yeah. And so if you want to find out more on how to get some help. If you owe ten thousand dollars in back taxes or more, then you qualify for US tax Shield. So there they have their attorneys, they've got their their their people ready to go help alleviate these problems. Uh so why don't you go right now?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: And they'll offer a price protection guaranteed quote to get you protected. Today. A Better Business Bureau rated them at A plus. So call one eight hundred and seven six nine seven three four zero for US tax Shield or go to Rick Burgess Show dot com. And that phone number and information is under sponsors. To the phones, we go Hello, You're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 10: Hey morning guys, Hey buddy, Hey Greg you there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Hey, did you see that the University of Maryland at their graduation ceremony had Termit the Frog given the speech?
Speaker 3: No? Oh, you gotta be kidding man, No, I've not kidding you. B that's puppet to human interaction taken to a new level. Oh you know what I heard about at the commencement. Seriously, I meant to tell you about that. That is uh no, that this isn't happening? Is that real? Hi? Everybody? I mean, wow, look at this crowd. Look at all these graduation caps with their decorations.
Speaker 5: Wow, his voice off?
Speaker 3: You know why? Yeah, Jim Jim Henson's dead. This is a man. That's a man with a puppet.
Speaker 6: I thought out front, myermits better than that Kermit's boy.
Speaker 3: Jim Henson's dead. If you were going to graduate from the sixth grade like we do for some reasons, have him in there. That's a good I thought, they were saying. Senator Mitch McConnell had I'm Rick Bird your show unscreened phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 15: So Rick, you have the book Men Don't Run in the Rain. Now, Greg, you should make a book called men Don't Eat Runny Eggs and have the audio book by Gary you Don't Eat No Running.
Speaker 3: Eggs, Simonson Garante. It fine, by the way, somebody was somebody was mean to Gary on textation. You tell it, boll them. Yeah, he didn't like it. That's part of it. Gary, it happens with all of us. Hey, you know what I mean, He's fine with me. Don't mind me a week and out Rick Burger's show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Hey there. I just wanted to let you know something that happened to me and my husband last year regarding airline flights and being stuck on the.
Speaker 3: Tarmac and Birmingham.
Speaker 10: And it was with American. We had been on a fourteen day transplanted cruise. We were coming back from Europe, so we were we were so close, so close, and we landed. We were thirty feet from the gate and they stopped and the pilot said, we have no people to bring us in. And I'm thinking what you thought? Were they surprised.
Speaker 11: About this flight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody didn't tell no ground crew.
Speaker 10: No ground crew. We sat for two hours, no way, two hours. Oh yeah, getting claustrophobic towards the end. Yeah, was very nice.
Speaker 3: Make me lose my mind over here?
Speaker 9: How does that?
Speaker 3: How? How can you not have enough people to bring in the flights you have on the schedule.
Speaker 10: I don't know, but the pilot came on every fifteen minutes. He was frustrated. He was very nice, of course, was very nice. Of course it was the people were The people were fine. We had no people that were, you know, getting so upset that were showing themselves out. But it's just two hours and literally I want to say, open the door, I will walk I did that.
Speaker 3: I feel bad. I did that last night after ten minutes. Just open the door. I'll walk over.
Speaker 10: I'm old enough where I can remember that we used to walk off plank. You know, Wow, that big of a deal, But I did.
Speaker 3: I will tell you.
Speaker 10: We had two Southwest planes come and go. We had two Delta planes come and go in the two hours. We could see them on either side, coming, unloading, going. When we finally got somebody, it was three other American Eagle planes. There's four of us sitting on the tarmac. I called the Birmingham Airport Authority the next day just to say what went on? Not mad, not angry, not you know, just I'd like an explanation. You said, didn't know this, didn't know this. The grounds crews are hired not by the airport, but they are hired by the airlines, each individual airlines, So that was American Airlines employees. So I don't know what went on that night. It was not good. But after being in the air all night, all day from Europe, being gone from home two weeks, thirty feet from the gate on a shower.
Speaker 3: So bad. Yeah good, you got arrested, You have yourself good And in this case it's not. I mean the crew and the pilot they're completely innocent. So they shared your frustration. They got putting a bad situation on that by the people. Yeah, they was ready get out too. I'm sure. Sure we continue unscreen phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgers Show. Go ahead, hey, guys.
Speaker 11: The other day I was looking through social media and I came across a video of a singer that looked strikingly similar to Adler, and I was gonna see what your fault? It was, uh, Dan Hill singing sometimes when we touched. It's got to be the seventy eight, seventy nine version, but he looked strickingly similar.
Speaker 3: Great song, couple skaters, Oh my, that thing I think was full of passion. Yeah, uh and yeah, we continue unscreened phone calls. It Rick Burgess show had show us.
Speaker 4: Oh oh okay, okay, bearded, long hair, okay, okay, all right, Oh it does Oh.
Speaker 6: It doesn't look like it.
Speaker 3: Looks like you and vacation.
Speaker 5: It looks like Charles Manson.
Speaker 1: Again, that's what.
Speaker 3: You're poor my point. Let's go sometimes.
Speaker 16: The honesty too, mo, I look like Charles Manson.
Speaker 5: He's kind of a scary looking guy.
Speaker 3: I don't think I look like that.
Speaker 6: I don't look the one hit Wonder.
Speaker 3: So you don't think that you look scary.
Speaker 4: I think I'm well, I look scary, but not that kind of scary like One Metal Show.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Sure he played a little ball, Rick Burgess.
Speaker 3: So we've had a great time hanging out today. Thank you for being with US America. We've covered a lot. If you missed any of it, be sure you go back and check that daily archive. Also, while you were enjoying your weekend, a couple of things happened on Rick Burgess Show Content Level, Episode four of the new podcast. We've got a lot of email over the weekend that I was checking out at various airports and that is Strange Encounters. Episode four talked to Speedy about being on the front lines on some of the things that we did back in the days of Rick and Bubba the thirteen working Days of Horror and how we decided to end that where there were supernatural reasons we did that. We talked to Speedy about that. This weekend, if you haven't caught episode four, we wrapped up the first little season of Tels from the camp House, and so there's five episodes now and the fifth one came out over the weekend, so you can go try to find that as well. So a couple of things that we still have. Oh and don't forget, today's to cut off on getting a signed copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain. If you want to sign copy, you got to get that done today by five o'clock Central, six o'clock Eastern, so and then supposedly tomorrow, Lord Willie I will be live with the guys for half the show on location on location from a hotel in Norfolk, Virginia, and then easing over to be on the seven hundred Club and then easing back. We'll see how all that goes. Going to be the engineer feel real bad for time. The engineer feel real bad for him because he he was already worried about the last little session that he was going to have with me today on the piece of equipment that I'm carrying that we'll probably be confiscated by TSA, and he wants to go over it with me. Now. When he was talking to me, he did not know that I would have two hours and fifteen minutes of sleep. He didn't know that I struggled to focus anyway on this kind of stuff. And now you know I've got to I'm I'm hopped on caffeine. That can be a positive or negative. You struggle to focus, what'd you say? Okay? Right? And you know, especially if it's something that is meticulous and detailed, and you know, watch right here, don't forget this.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm gonna fly cover in there because I'm gonna need to know when you check in with us in the morning and say can't get anything to work.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't want to wait them up.
Speaker 7: So yeah, we'll go through that were there's a few things that y'all don't care about, but I'm going to let you know about, okay, and try to get you to care, which I'm sure you won't.
Speaker 3: But oh my goodness, I can't even get started. I tried it again.
Speaker 7: The USFL had their USFL Conference Championship and the XFL Conference Championship to see who was going to meet for the UFL Championship.
Speaker 3: Ok.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and the Stallions hosted the Michigan Panthers yesterday on the Michigan to play this year, right, and they went through the history of how many times the Stallions have come back and beat them, but not yesterday. Michigan won forty four twenty nine. Every time the Stallions responded and got it close, Michigan would go score just couldn't get off field.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: And then after that on Fox a lot of you saw the DC Defenders and Saint Louis battle Hawks Saint Louis hosting the UFL Championship, and you would think, man, if we could just win, we're going to basically have a home game.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: DC beat them thirty six eighteen. So on June fourteenth, seven pm Central, ABC has got the DC Defenders and Michigan Panthers for the UFL Championship.
Speaker 3: So that's gonna be on I think ABC. I said that, Yeah, And then today we have the last Super Regional game and it's Murray State and Duke. Everything else is set. The field is set for the UFL, I mean the for the for the the Baseball World series. You got Louisville and Oregon State, Arizona and Coastal Carolina U C l A will play the winner of Murray State and Duke, and then LSU and Arkansas will match up. And so that's coming up.
Speaker 7: That is the College Baseball Division one World Series in Omaha. So those are two things. I know y'all probably don't care about Sports Talk six nine, but I just want to go update you because a lot of people do. And those were some things at the SuDS game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of people here, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean a lot of people. I would say some people know a lot of a lot of people, A lot of people. I'll just say people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, several people.
Speaker 3: Ah, for for some people, this is an important update for a lot of people. Do you think though the people who are really into it already know.
Speaker 7: I don't know, because I mean, I know, like for me, you know, yeah, I love I love college baseball, but I wouldn't I'm not able to sit there and watch every every out. And like last night, Florida State was at Oregon State and l s U was hosting West Virginia. But I went to bed for it was over, so I had to wake up today and find out there, so like.
Speaker 3: You might have been that for somebody today. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, So you don't have to belittle everything. I was asking some you know, we got you don't want to understand it. So so anyway, and then you know that with the uf L, I saw a couple of former interns. Oh yeah, yeah at the Uh.
Speaker 7: It's always crazy because we've been doing this so long to see former interns and they're like dad, our moms, you know, they got these families and everything. You're like, wow, you know I remember you win. Oh yeah, but I remember like one of the first ones. Yeah, him and one of his daughters there last night? How about that yesterday afternoon?
Speaker 3: Booger? Remember I remember Boger? Yeah?
Speaker 7: And I always it's always funny too because their intern's name was always match up with what was going on with the show or how weird.
Speaker 3: Richard Dyvis, I think so, I think so which one? Booger? I think so? Yes, Booger Bye Jovie, I think's what we called it. Yeah, you're sure about that? Confience confidence eight eight? Okay, that's confident? The do you why do you think it'll go tomorrow? With the three of you hosting, because you know, even when y'all did the Kickoff Hour, Adler wasn't on it. So this is this is not a Hey, this is what we've always done, right, you and Greg did Kickoff Hour, but after was never here for that. Yeah, well we're gonna do We're gonna do baseball, Rick yep, right, guys, we can do an update on a few sports.
Speaker 6: Stanley Cup, you know, Stanley.
Speaker 3: Cup, NBA. I didn't get to that. Yeah, get gracious, your head might have just implode. So tomorrow is sports talk. From the time I got off until I get mad, I was just updating. I an't. I haven't set the segment of the things you don't care about, but should something?
Speaker 15: You know what you know?
Speaker 3: We need to call it th things that Burgess brothers don't care about but others do. Yeah, what the world does? Yeah, a lot of people do you said I would say something.
Speaker 7: I say a lot on college football, maybe some on you Oh football, sure, I mean college baseball, college back.
Speaker 3: Now football, you can hold my attention. I watched a little bit of the whole Rick has got to be just that a little bit of Auburn in the coastal Carolina. Yeah, Coastal kind of ruined that that week you're on the street. They did. I think they've won twenty something in a row. I'm looking at you and apparently doesn't care. Look at that. You also go, yeah, but they're due you know, Yeah, you're not going to win all. Yeah, dude, here's what I actually, I actually enjoyed college base spot and I'd like for it to be about five innings, five seven.
Speaker 6: So just completely change the game, is what you're I think.
Speaker 3: I would know there are people who play seven innings. There's been they're like nine years old. I would, I would, I would be fine with seven. I don't want to see college baseball be nine like the Major League baseball. I don't even want major League baseball to be nine. That's good. I'd like to see everybody at seven. I'll compromise seven.
Speaker 5: When do you stretch?
Speaker 3: When is this? When does it?
Speaker 5: When do you stretch?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 6: Seventh inning stretch?
Speaker 3: When do you do that? College baseball shouldn't have a seventh thing stretch, fifth fifth stretch? Why not just go to a Savannah B. Manna's game and call of day?
Speaker 9: Rick?
Speaker 3: There you get now, Rick. Also, I have a book d J, Maestro Smooth, will you bring some bolldegs.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow for all of us eight minutes. I'm an eight minute guy on the board.
Speaker 3: I say, you're getting too picky about it.
Speaker 4: Hey, uh, y'all don't care. But the Stanley Cup Final is tied up one to one. Oilers Edmonton Oilers versus Florida Panthers series is tied up one to one.
Speaker 6: They play tonight seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: About the NBA Finals also tied up one night. I've never seen so many things in sports that I don't care about any one thing.
Speaker 4: In one segment, It's Pacers Thunder series is tied up one to one. They play on Wednesday. The Lakers day, Lakers are out, buddy, that's Lebron and they're out.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna ask you a very hard question right now. Yes, okay.
Speaker 4: Oh, and while we're talking sports, the y'all don't care about the person that called in asked what do you think is going to happen in the UFC fight this weekend? Last week they called and asked about it. I remember that I said, Sugar, Shawn Maley is going to lose, and I was correct. So I just wanted everybody to know.
Speaker 3: Money on it. Again. I was, I was so close if he had been there, and I was so excited to send it to y'all, and it it didn't work out. I found myself on Friday, I was going out to get something to eat for sherring me because like I felt like cooking, and I and where I went to get the food is right next to George Webby's Lion's Heart Academy Adler's pitt Listen. I was. I went as far as to look through the window to see if Webby was in there, and I was going to go in and get the video going, and I was going to interview Rebby about about about where he is on you right now. You think he completely forgot about him, and I was, I was so I was, I was all in. I mean, I was going to do it. Y'all. Remember, don't do that.
Speaker 6: I'm asking you to not do that.
Speaker 3: And he wasn't there. Do you remember the time he had footage of Adler competing in that tournament and Webby was disgusting, look embarrassed in the corner going.
Speaker 6: I embarrassed myself, I embarrassed all of my teammates.
Speaker 5: I embarrassed my coach. I embarrassed my wife. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 14: He said something he was getting beat real bad at the points, and he looked at Waiver somewhere.
Speaker 16: We just pointed a score. I was like, oh, I finally got on the dude's back and do something with like thirty seconds ago. I actually got out of it, got on the guys back, and I looked Atway, but I was like, what.
Speaker 3: Do I do?
Speaker 4: And he was just like, there's nothing you can do, friend, There's nothing you can't You're there's nothing you're capable of doing.
Speaker 3: Gosh, granted this is when you were beginning, right.
Speaker 5: I haven't competed since.
Speaker 7: Wrapping up our sports segment d n C double A college sports cleared for revenue sharing with athletes after my settlement was approved Friday.
Speaker 3: Now that I'm actually interesting, Okay, yeah, and we'll be right back because it's running sport.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, a voicehip reson in an Unreasonable world, The Rick Burches.
Speaker 3: Show, America. We've had a ask with you today if you missed any of it catching on the daily archive. A lot of you archive people, I'm good cool. Some of you there are like months behind. That feels weird, but what two inches on the enjoy it? How you want to thank you for being here? We're glad, all right? So text Nation is saying, tomorrow, if everything goes smoothly and I get to the seven hundred Club and I'm not for this, just so you know, and I'll tell you why. So the text Nation is saying, since since the archive the guests pretty quick on the Daily Show, is it possible for you not to be here? Rick? And then the three guys actually play your six to seven minutes on the seven hundred Club. And I'm gonna say no to that because I know what's gonna happen. You're gonna shered me. You're gonna rip me your shreds Oh yeah, you're gonna have something to say about my hair, something to say when you're trying to be Yeah, when I when I'm talking about that, could you greg somehow say well, he is talking about my dad in a book. You wear that turtleneck, you know what? But if I did, well, I'm just asking, since you're an author, Now, what if I came out of that turtlenick on and too hot? You way too hot?
Speaker 6: I'll have my hairst Yeah, seeing big words like precisely and things like that.
Speaker 3: See, that's what's gonna happen. I won't be here to defend myself and I'll be shredded.
Speaker 6: Wearing a turtleneck.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not gonna wear don't do that. I'm not gonna wear They've told me by the way to wear a solid color. Already knew that. Don't. I can't have some kind of logo don't don't wear it. And I was gonna wear that shirt that you make fun of because you would have touched me. But I think it's a little too little, too busy. Oh that yeah, shuffleboard shirt. I was ready.
Speaker 7: We now understand it might there's a younger audience but also an older audience. So you want to dress to where somebody's watching and go, well, look.
Speaker 3: At that young man.
Speaker 13: He's dressed nice, a good looking boy list and he had some let's listen to that beard up more to that book.
Speaker 3: Honey, looks like jave. I tell you what if he'd lose a little more weighty something. But he's almost there.
Speaker 17: It's like he to stop, you can tell me a little bit better. He's he was doing a lot of it. Better, says back to the little man. But I really know a lot about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, but now she was a good guess he seems he seems loud. You think that's one thing I was playing with him. He thought I was dead.
Speaker 14: So what if we put Rick on and some reason he just lost in there, couldn't even but he says it was just because his baby brother was watching it, choking out. Yeah, I've never seen him crying thirty something years. But suddenly he breaks down.
Speaker 3: And who dares me? Who dares me for the show to go on? And they say, so tell me a little bit. I promise we're gonna cry, I told him, and just and I'm just doing it for the show. That's it. So what we do, well, you know how it is. Y'ave all been away from here. I know you were toly just the other day. You tried to go out and do something for the show. You got shredded while you're out. Yes, of course that's gonna happen. We can talk music. What word do we want to give Rick? He's gonna have to work you guys club, Yes, right, so we got to give you Aulate. It's too hard to capitulate you know Dad would often try to capitulate. Okay, that's you.
Speaker 6: Got a monstrosity. I would like to hear you say monstrosity.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, it's like, you know a lot of times coaches like this come across as a monstrosity. But that that really wasn't bad. Uh D. It's a seven hundred club. You work that in and I might I'm gonna try to pick you up on my shoulders. Okay, we'll do it together, yeeah. And then you walk in front channing Yeah, yeah, yeah, that seven. I'm not trying to try to work it into the I mean, I'm not doing that. Okay, I'm not headed where we're fast. We were doing and we were, I mean we were about to. Would y'all say something? We're about to go on there? And I called you asked if you heard from both? You said both, that's not nothing to be proud of. Having this conversation about this. When we came live right after, it was nothing else going. Then I said, now I want to I'm glad to be here. I brought your DS. Maybe maybe say you don't the DS, guys, this is not the conversation. Now you're right, I'm funny about that?
Speaker 6: No, what about about funny?
Speaker 3: What about you could say something about you know, let's see here. No, guys, this is not too high school. All I made was DS you let me be do perfectly saying you could do it to where it's not offend me perfect clear. So everybody who needs to hear this, here's this.
Speaker 14: Made.
Speaker 3: Listen. Listen. I want everybody to hear this. Listen, including the one ring and the one and only. Let me tell you everybody's listening, including the one and only living. Okay, yes, so I'm gonna say only I want to be on record saying I'm not going on the seven hundred club making a d job. I'm not doing.
Speaker 5: Mature.
Speaker 18: You are going to be It's a right. It is a Christian broadcast. Right apologizes, right, it is right, right, I apologize. Thanks for bringing us back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all got me, yo, go, y'all got me getting interviewed on Joe Rogan. No, all right, you do it on there. You gotta these boys right here get out of hand. Thank you for that. No, not gonna do it.
Speaker 6: We these are some of the things I've learned.
Speaker 3: That's terrible. That's a terrible thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, we're not you know what we're not doing. We're not helping you. No, we're not helping anything.
Speaker 3: Cancel the trip. Now, I realized I can't leave here. If I leave here, it is going to be a man. I don't want to tell you. Listen. I ran into Tom in the hallway. He's got a train, Rick today, hands full, buddy, he said, no, I ain't none to it. It's okay. Did you look sad a little? I think maybe from the rain? But what about it?
Speaker 7: During this This is the challenge with Tom and your session today, We'll go what are these buttons mean?
Speaker 5: If you're not going to do a seven hundred?
Speaker 3: Right, it's all I have to take both of the mere This is what I just did. This analogy in Texas about the inner circle. Don't let people in that inner circle that influence you away from him there and you know what, guys, I shouldn't have you on my inner circle. That's right, y'all, y'all belong in the second speaker roll tied in there. We apologize for that. Yeah, yeah, we're sorry.
Speaker 10: Rick.
Speaker 3: It's thanks a lot.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 3: This is a bad idea.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.