Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's have a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepgar with Stephen Carroll. We're joined by Bloomberg with portacloone Malay, good morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: So investors are concerned about the war in Iran, but there and that means that overall European stocks it looks like they're down this morning, but there are also individual stories that we should unpack. The Swedish media company via Play some take private interest, tell us more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, via Play is a Swedish streaming company. It operates primarily in Nordic countries, and Kenelplus and PPF Group, WHI you are already part owners of that company are said to be considering a deal to take it private. So they're essentially exploring buying the chares in via Play that they don't already own, which because they acquired stakes are back in twenty twenty three, and that has really boosted the via Play shares today they rose about twelve percent on that news of this potential taking private interests and so for anless this potential deal would align really well with Canal Plus's goals of getting into some international M and A, which has been doing a little bit recently. It also could mean that via Play could be maybe restructured in quite drastic ways because they wouldn't be that scrutiny that comes with those public markets. And Alice have also said that the takeover costs look quite manageable, so overall it does look like it could be a good deal. At the same time, it comes at an interesting moment for Canal Plus because it was just downgraded just two days ago, i think by UBS because of another deal. In the uncertainty that comes with this deal. So it recently acquired the South African TV service Multi Choice, and some analysts have said that this actually will bring maybe more on sch than reward. So there seems to be maybe quite a few juggling plates for Canautplus at the moment. But this via Play potential deal is being received quite well.
Speaker 2: Okay, and on to trust Pilot next. Some positive reviews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very interesting from trust Pilot this morning. So for context, that was one of the companies that was caught in this big AI sell off that we were talking about a lot in recent weeks, but it's really tried to position itself as an AI winner and that was really the theme of the release today, the earnings today, and also the discussion that I had with the CEO, Adrian Blair this morning. So he told me that he really wanted to get some partnerships going with major e commerce players where essentially the data from trust Pilot reviews could be used by AI agents and inform that work. Essentially, he refused to say any more about those potential deals, but we'll have to keep eyes appealed for that. And then another big thing that was coming today from trust Pilot is that it expects margin to double from fifteen to thirty percent by twenty thirty and that, according to the CEO, will also be driven in really large part by those AR opportunities AI efficiencies. It is really benefiting from those large language models using this trust Pilot A data. And so there was a lot of optimism from the company and the CEO this morning, and it seems the market actually does believe that trust Pilot can be an AI winner in that way.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's interesting. But we go back to the energy story with our last stock, which is the finished energy company NESTY. New research out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, well, it's a good time to be producing it and refining fuels given all the geopolitical disruption that is happening, and so according to Barclay's analyst, NESTY is well positioned to benefit. They said that higher refining margins for fossil fuels will lead to better cash flow. And then also crucially, although it is an oil refining company, and NESTY has also been increasingly a leader in renewable fuel and sustainable aviation fuel as well, and so that is also set to be a big tailwind, and Lissa saying that the demand for renewable diesel is set to grow about thirty five percent this year globally, and the transport sector is going to want more of that domestically produced energy sources. It fits within this whole theme of energy security energy independence, and so that has driven those shares high this morning. Finesse as well.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.