Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervv. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going to everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sundays, three Pacific, six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley Toenday Pacific one Eastern Sundays with the Andrews Aian And it is a Thursday here on the show. And you know that means we got a lot to talk about today, as we always do. Last night was the follow up show to this pay per view this past weekend, the Revolution Paid Review. I did not like this dynamite one bit. I shouldn't say one bit. I guess there were some things on it I thought were pretty good, but in general, I think it was probably the worst dynamite and I don't even know how long, and there was some stuff that there was some stuff that happened that caused things to happen. We'll get into that here on the show today. And some things are being changed as a result of that, so we'll get into that. We've also got a lot of WrestleMania news, updates on braun Breaker and what's going on with Tom Brady of all people. We'll tell you about that. We've also got some notes on Santos Escobar who is injured, as we talked about yesterday Leila Gray as well. We've got a new Men's Evolve Champion. We got GCW going international. We got Claudio Casigioli signing a CMLL contract. He has now got a dual contract. A lot of people have asked, well, what the heck is that all about? What do those even mean? Well, we'll tell you today. And then of course we've got the full recap of the Dynamite Show as believe it or not. Believe it or not, after not having a pay per view for months, aw's next pay per view is before WrestleMania. The Sunday before WrestleMania is the next AW pay per view. So we'll take you through everything that's going on there. Lanstorm joins us today. You can text us four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at for W online at gmail dot com, at for W online, threads, Instagram, and cameo back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 4: Have you suffered sports betting laws? There is someone who wants to fight for you to see you get back what you have lost those sports betting companies. Michael Watts is a prolific trial lawyer with over eleven billion dollars in total recoveries for his clients and now with Sportsbetting Claim dot Com. He'd like to help you. Michael has been a leader in some of the largest and most complex cases in the country, from defective cars and tires to damaging drugs and medical products. He has always represented the rights of individuals harmed by large corporations. His efforts recently resulted in the recovery of billions for individuals who lost their properties to fires carelessly caused by electric companies and others. Michael knows that sports betting companies preyed on and manipulated consumers into losing their life savings, and he wants to make them pay. If you have suffered financial hardship as a result of online sports betting and would like help seeking compensation. Please submit your claim information for evaluation at sportsbetting claim dot com. Michael Watts is focused on winning for you sportsbetting claim dot com.
Speaker 5: This is a true add story for ADT, the leader in home security systems. My favorite dog, Oliver, was stolen from our garage recently. If I had a camera system installed in my home from ADT, I would have known exactly what car possibly pulled up in my driveway and stole my little friend.
Speaker 1: If I had a security system.
Speaker 5: From ADT, my dog would still be here. I called ADT this weekend and they're coming out in a few days to install a camera and a new security system. Unfortunately, it's a little too late for me. Listen, protect everyone you love in your family. Call ADT now, have them come out and give you a quote to install a full security system in your home.
Speaker 3: Don't let it be too late for you.
Speaker 5: Call right now.
Speaker 6: Paid for by the Home Security Hotline. Eight hundred three six one three four nine one, eight hundred three six one three four nine one eight hundred three six one three four nine one. That's eight hundred three six one thirty four ninety one.
Speaker 7: Drivers are switched their home and auto with Progressive could save money and time. Other things try to do this, but they really don't like the touch screen at fast food places. It's not like you save time because it takes you longer to use a touch green than I don't know someone who works there. And another thing, do you think it would save money because they're not paying a cashier?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 7: But no same price? Also, why is there an option to tip? Who am I tipping?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Anyway?
Speaker 7: Even if you can't save money and time with some things, you could with a Progressive home and Audo bundle. Progressive canil in entrants, company afiliates and other inturists not availble in all sticker situations.
Speaker 9: Hop into John Deere Gator xuv for a day's work. Let's see what's on the to do list. There goes the tree in the fence. Not a problem, because you've got a cargo box filled with solutions up to four thousand pounds of towing capacity and you're ready to roll.
Speaker 2: Here we go again.
Speaker 9: The Gator XUV built for every kind of workday. Learn more at John dear dot com slash Gator xuv. Nothing runs like a deer.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Sempervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: OGN the show Brain Albarez here, Wrestling Observer Live. Landstorm is joining us here today. It's going on on Impact tonight. While I check something here.
Speaker 10: We have I believe a sit down with Macklin and Santana, the Nemmouth Brothers against the Righteous. There is a Elena Black Jadas Stone match. What else is there? I believe there's a Frankie Kazarian Hometown Man match, and I'm blanking on what the other match would be, even though I just email someone about it.
Speaker 1: All right, I needed you to install for me because this story literally just came out this up here from Brandon Thurston at Post Wrestling Base ten, a company backed by aw owner Tony Kahn, placed a bid on WWE when it was up for sale in twenty twenty three. According to court filings, the merger and acquisition process, which was ultimately won by Endeavor and created it TKOS, the subject of an ongoing shareholder lawsuit. The complaint originally filed in the Delaware Chancery Court in of ever twenty twenty three has recently been redacted answers. Legal responses from the defendants to each paragraph of the complaint have also been redacted. These responses deny various aspects of the lawsuit's allegations, but firm the identity of the bidders, thereby disclosing the key suitors for WWE when it was put up for sale upon Vince McMahon's return of the company in January twenty twenty three. The bidders were Formula one parent Liberty Media and private equity firm KKR, Endeavor, and Yes, Tony Khan's Base ten. Although Tony kin is not mentioned my name in the complaint, Base ten and All Elite Wrestling R and their connection is made clear. The filing states Base ten is the owner of All Elite Wrestling, a professional wrestling promotion that plainly would enjoy significant synergies with WWE. So there you go. Tony Khan was in fact one of four bidders for WWE in twenty twenty three, and it never happened, but he apparently put a bit in, so I'm sure there is more to come on that story, but there you go.
Speaker 10: Interesting considering the accusations that Vince didn't even look at the better deal, but went with the one that was best for him. If that wouldn't have been the case, would Base ten have got it?
Speaker 1: Would Base ten? My guess is there were probably others that bid significantly more anyway, but who knows. Who knows?
Speaker 10: Fun to think about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys all know the story of Shad Con and how he made all of his money. Does anyone know this story?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: So Apparently he came over like decades ago and he had no money, and I guess he like he was working for like some I have all the details. It's gonna be hey, you know, this's a plug for the new book. Yeah, but anyway, he was like working for like some car company or something like that, and he started working like he he created like bumpers on cars, and it like literally snowballed into like this billion dollar business. So he literally went from nothing to a billionaire. This Shad Con. This is not like you know, generational wealth going back deck kids or whatever. I mean, this guy came over here and he had nothing and the whole thing took out loans. I mean, it's a total American dream story. How he made how he made his billions. So anyway, I got the whole thing in the book that's coming out, which you can check out on Amazon dot com pro Rustling for Dummies. But anyway, take a look. So a couple of things to get into here today. We're gonna talk about dynamite later. But I don't like it one bit all. Actually, let me say it again because I said that at the beginning segment. I didn't like it. There were a few things I did like on the show. There were a couple of good matches, but it was I mean some of this stuff. Hey, listen, if you like will Osbury going fifty to fifty with you know Blake Christian, who's literally in his entire and he goes back all the way to the darken elevation days. I know he just got signed, but he has never won a singles match on AW television ever, not one singles match whenever on AW television. And he went fifty to fifty with will Osprey. I didn't like it. But I think the thing the big thing to talk about on the show is and it was like it was like a show long storyline that wasn't it was like a shoot storyline. It was what was really going on. So they shot an injury angle for Tony Storm literally like ten minutes. It went online, like ten minutes before the show aired, and I don't think the announcers had any idea what was going on, because the show opens and both Brian Danielson and ex Caliber, I mean, they're like trying to explain something, and they are both lost to the point where Brian Danielson has to explain, I'm sorry, I was thinking about something else. I didn't hear anything you just said. And what I think was actually happening was he was hearing one thing and ex Caliber was hearing one thing, and they were both trying to get all of this information out. And because something planned happened followed by something that happened unplanned, their stories were crossed because, like EXCaliber was explaining, Marina Shaffer is claiming she had no responsibility for knocking out Tony Storm, and he's talking about the pay per view angle, and meanwhile, they now did another angle where Tony has been mysteriously attacked, and I guess Marina's claiming she didn't do that one. But the wires are so crossed that poor ex Caliber's out there going Yeah, Marina's claiming she wasn't responsible for Tony being attacked to the pay per view, and it's like we all watched it, like with our own two eyes, we saw her attacker, Like what is going on? So and then if you if you listen to Observer Radio last night, you know, Marina faced Mina in a match that was supposed to be Tony versus Marina, and Tony was removed from the match for this back stage attack and Mina Shirakawall was put in her place. Okay. Mina Shirakawa also has not won a single televised singles match in almost a full year. She's just always like anything that's to do with Tony, like she's the setup person to get beat she gets beat here, she gets beat there, like she'll win in a ring of honor whatever. But on aw television, she's beaten, she's beaten, she's beaten, she's beaten. So she goes out there with Marina, who on Sunday Night was linked up with Ronda Rousey. Mina is Tony's replacement in this match, and Mina wins, and I was like, what why did Mina win this match? So I started to like try and figure out, okay, what's going on here, And the only thing that I could conclude was that Tony must be out a long time, because otherwise, if she's only god like a week, week or two or whatever, if it's a short term deal, or if it was an angle, okay, well Marina should beat Mina and then Tony shows up and then you do whatever you're doing Tony and Marina. So I figured the only possible explanation for Mina winning this match, because this makes no sense, is that Tony must be out for a long time, and presumably Mina is just going to take her place in whatever storyline they're doing with Marina and Ronda Rousey and whatever they're doing here. And as it turns out, I can at least confirm that at least part of that for sure is correct. Tony is out for a long time. So this was not an angle. This was not like a short term thing or whatever. She is going to be out for a long time. And so Mina, it appears, is now taking this Tony Storm role. And I don't know what they're doing with Ronda Rowsey, but Ronda clearly showed up in the pay per view for a reason, and that is she's trying to get over this fight, this Netflix fight with Gina Kurana, which is coming up in May. So I know that Dave is skeptical that Ronda's going to be doing more or a lot on television leading up to it, but I can't fathom, like that's why she's there, is to build up this whole thing with Gina Carano. So I don't know if she's going to do a tag match during training. It sounds like a little bit crazy, but I think a tag match, Ronda could probably go in there and not get hurt and not have to do a lot. That's a gamble, it is, but you know what I mean. The second she appeared on that show on Sunday, they were rattling off everything they could about that Netflix stage. So clearly she's there for a reason, and I guess we'll find out if there's a tag match coming with Mina Shirakawa. But anyway, back in the mole with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVVI on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: God, some days it's just like everything is happening all at the same time. All right, Well, I got at a wrestle Mania update. So it's hard to say what exactly is responsible for any of this. But in the time since Randy Orton turned heel on Cody after Cody won the title and WWE had that three sixteen sale where he could get thirty one point six percent off Mania tickets, whatever that deal was that they had a couple of days ago, they have moved a bunch of tickets. So Night one is now at thirty nine thousand, four to twenty five, so they added two or three thousand tickets, and then Night two is currently at forty six eighty seven. So, uh, you'll be stunned to hear. Then lowering ticket prices moved more tickets for w WE. So this whole ticket thing is really weird. I've had a lot of discussions with people about this. You know, there is people are people, you know, really they are a lance. I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but people are people are people, and uh, and and money is weird and uh, you know Veblen Goods, the old shebang. The fact of the matter is this, Okay, at WWE ticket prices are are too expensive. Okay, but it is it is it is this WrestleMania show where it's where it's really being affected. Okay, Raw on Monday night had like fifteen thousand people. When I went to Ron Seattle, there were ten thousand some people in the building, and most of them had paid a lot of money for those tickets. Okay, So don't I listen. I don't like it. I don't want to pay like a ton of money to go to WrestleMania. But the fact is, what you pay for something is what the market will bear, Okay. And so you know, the fact of the matter is until this WrestleMania, what WWE was charging for ticket prices, it wasn't too much. I mean, you could say whatever you want about what they cost and what they used to cost and this and that, and whether the company is horrible or not for charge, but the fact is they put tickets on sale at these prices and they sold all of them. Okay. Now, you can keep raising prices, but eventually you get to the point where, all right, you've actually raised prices so high that even people who are willing to pay high price and want to go, they can't pay that much, okay, and so we seem to have hit that point in WrestleMania. You know, those tickets they just stalled out at thirty six for a long time, and it took them dropping the prices to start moving them again. Okay, But it's not like they dropped them to nothing. Now. I bring this up because AW their tickets are much cheaper, okay. And one of the things that AAW is doing is really promoting our tickets are cheap. Okay. And I know some fans they don't want to hear this, but listen, I've talked to this about people within AW that agree with me, within WWE that agree with me, and other forms of entertainment that also agree. It's really not a good thing to advertise that your tickets are cheap. It is a good thing to have cheaper tickets in the competition, but to actually advertise ties that fact sometimes that works against you because you do give the idea to fans that you're the secondary entertainment, You're the secondary wrestling promotion, you're the cheap wrestling promotion, and you really don't want to give people that impression. It's like, what do you mean in.
Speaker 10: Your house, in your house pay per views.
Speaker 1: Oh the yeah. I mean when they did those in your House pay per views and they advertised them as values, those did not do well, and in your House didn't really start making money and selling a lot of pay per views until they they like increased it to the price of all of the other pay per views because fans saw the cheaper show as a cheaper show. It's nineteen ninety nine or whatever. I'm not gonna like it can't be that big an event. So I think that AW should have cheaper ticket prices than WWE. I think they should price them to sell. I don't think that they should make them too cheap, like the gauge is this you selling tickets for an average of twenty five bucks a ticket, but like the scalpers buy them all up and then they sell them for fifty dollars. You should have been selling them for fifty bucks because that's what people are paying for them. But whatever you're whatever you're doing for ticket prices, I don't I do not think it's a it's a benefit to advertise we'll give you tickets for cheap. You should come to our show. I think that psychologically, you know you're gonna you know whatever, But I think that that works against you as as a promotion to advertise we're the cheap alternative to the ones that are selling these tickets for god only knows how much money. So anyway, rull, so many tickets are moving because they put him a little bit on sale. I don't have an update right now on Josh Alexander, but I hope he's all right. They did ah, it wasn't an angle. I mean they were doing a match for collision and he went down and he was taken out of the match and it is believed to be something involving his knee. And when I know more, I will let everybody know. But hopefully it is not serious, because that sucks. I don't like to see people hurt. Eric and Sarah Logan expecting their third child, Eric of the Viking Raiders, who this weekend will be facing the Clowns at Triple Mane in a match I can't wait to watch. This will be their third child, role baby number three, debuting this year.
Speaker 10: The Eric tweeted out short run in WW is a producer. Sarah Rowe is one of my favorite people. Oh yeah, yeah, absolute sweetheart lover.
Speaker 1: Well she's she's got another another little package on the way, So congratulations to them. Very happy to hear that. Wrestle Votes noted that Braun Breaker may actually be able to return. Before wrestle Mania, Breaker did an angle on the February second edition of Raw, and he went wild about the Royal Rumble spot where essentially he was a second entrant in the Rumble. He was taken out by a masked attacker and then he was eliminated by Obafemi, and so then he was going crazy on Raw. He flipped over thenounced table, and next thing you know, he's having surgery for a hernia, emergency surgery. So, for those of you that don't know what happened or are looking for conspiracy theories, the reason that they did that at the Rumble had nothing to do with his hernia. The reason they did it in the Rumble was because they were expecting seth Rawlins to be back, and obviously seth Rollins would be the mask guy and the WrestleMania match was supposed to be Brown Breaker and seth Rawlins. Okay, so the next night when he flipped out on Raw and flipped that table, apparently that's when he injured himself. Now, he already had a hernia, he'd had it for a while, and I think what happened was flipping the table that's made it worse and necessitated the emergency surgery. And so if you've been watching raw of late or WWE at all, like this is one of the things when people are critical of the of the WrestleMania build. I'm not defending ninety percent of the WrestleMania build, but there is ten percent of the build that.
Speaker 10: Is just like, it's just injuries are killing him.
Speaker 1: It's not just injuries, but it's injuries. And is this person actually going to be back in time? Because at the last show, when Seth returned and he attacked Logan Paul, I think at that point the idea was actually, I can tell you like at the beginning, when Braun went down, the idea was initially, if Seth is back and Braun isn't, it's going to be Seth versus Bronson. Bronson then got hurt, and then the idea, I think was, all right, if Seth can make it back, it'll be Seth and Logan. Because he stomped Logan and cost him the elimination chamber and Initially Logan was like all over on Seth, you know, But then I think they probably figured actually Braun might make it back. And so now it looks like it's Logan and Theory are gonna be going after the tag team titles and whatever they're doing with Logan and Theory and the usos and whatever, it's possible that that is leading to something at WrestleMania, and now it actually will be Seth and Braun and WrestleMania, which was the original plan before everybody got hurt. So the path going to here up and down. A lot of that is, well, is this guy gonna make it? Is this guy hurt? Is this guy gonna recover in time? Is he not going to recover in time? If he doesn't, we do this. If he does, we do this. So I think that's where we're at right now.
Speaker 10: That's why they call the book or the pencil, not the pen Yes, don't te this stuff in ink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to be able to raise things. So that's what's looking to be the most likely media match now, Seth and Brawn Breaker, But we have to wait and see. There's also this Tom Brady thing. So Tom Brady and Logan Paul both involved with a fanatics flag football event that takes place this weekend. They've been going back and forth and uh Brady has been making fun of pro wrestlers, and this actually kind of ties into the whole Ricochet thing because the story is that Ricochet's comment. The story, according to Dave, is that Ricochet had a close friend contact him and tell him, you really should take take it down, and he did, and then later he apologized. And when I asked, last night, you know, you tell me nobody in AW told this guy, brother, what are you doing here? Let's take that down? Dave said, No, it does not appear that anybody in AW told him to do anything, which I am flabbergasted by, absolutely flabbergasted. And the point is this would never happen in WWE. And so with this Tom Brady thing, the fact that like other wrestlers are now getting involved in burying Tom Brady, that's not something they're doing on their own. There is a method to this madness, and clearly the method is they're trying to get Tom Brady to wrestle me again. So anyway, abrupt end there.
Speaker 11: Why did I go to the doctor working on the farm, My heart kept skipping a beat. I didn't think much of it, but my daughters made me get checked out. Turns out I have atrial fibrillation, which increases the risk of stroke about five times.
Speaker 8: Symptoms like a regular heartbeat, heart racing, chest pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, or light headedness can come and go, but if it's a FIB, the risk of stroke remains. If you have symptoms, contact a doctor. I'm so glad I did visit no time Towaight dot com sponsored by Bristol Myers, Squib and Pfizer.
Speaker 3: If you're serious about investing in gold or silver, Allegiance Gold will give you an additional five thousand dollars in free gold to add to your portfolio. They can help you buy any amount of gold or silver, even roll over your current IRA into gold. They've helped thousands invest millions in gold over the years with prices that are some of the best in the industry, with fees that are fair, reasonable, and transparent. Protect your wealth with gold. Save on your gold or silver pricing when you buy from the top rated Allegiance Gold. Invest in gold or silver today by calling Allegiance for your free gold guide and learn about the five thousand dollars free gold offer with qualified purchase.
Speaker 6: Call now eight hundred four to one three nineteen thirty seven, eight hundred four to one three nineteen thirty seven. Eight hundred four to one three nineteen thirty seven. That's eight hundred four one three one nine three seven.
Speaker 12: Special alert for consumers struggling to pay taxes. There are new tax regulations not published yet. We have the inside track on your new tax savings. These programs are designed to help struggling taxpayers like you. The COVID relief programs are gone, but there are new programs to help struggling taxpayers, and we have the inside track. Call now and we'll take you through these new programs. These taxpayers savings programs have never been available until now. Get out of tax trouble now. It doesn't take weeks. It can happen in one phone call. Call now and get the inside track to get rid of your tax problems.
Speaker 6: Call the Tax Helpline now. Eight hundred nine four nine oh oh three nine, eight hundred nine four nine oh three nine, eight hundred nine four nine oh oh three nine. That's eight hundred nine four nine zero zero thirty.
Speaker 13: Nine Wendy's has a new Girl Scout thin Min's Frosty Fusion with Girl Scout thin Min's Cookie pieces, rich creamy frosty and a mint chocolate cookie sauce, which means Girl Scout thin Mins and Wendy's Frosty. Yeah, they're basically best friends now. It's like two delicious desserts to high five, snapped the futo many friendship selfies and then rode a tandem bike down a never ending road of mint chocolate frosty perfection. So swing by Wendy's and try the new thin Min's Frosty Fusion. Limit time only a participating in the US one.
Speaker 2: Indeed, you are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Like the show Brian Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer Alive, Lance is joining us here today, Lance, what did you think of this?
Speaker 10: This show, this dynamite show.
Speaker 2: It was not for me.
Speaker 10: I did not make it all the way through. I to me, there is an access to it that does not fit my tastes in wrestling, I had heard of the Insane Texas Death Match and okay, and then on this show we have the insanity of car crashes and attempted murders, almost in coffin matches, and then a hardcore match with barbed wire bats, and I'm just like, this is too much and not what I enjoy in wrestling. So I watch some of it, but just thought it was too much.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say that as someone who watches every show, this was the worst Dynamite I can remember in a long time. I mean, I can't remember the last Dynamite I didn't like as much as this one. There was still some stuff on the show that I liked, but in general, you know, it opened up with will Ospray and Blake Christian and you know, in a vacuum. If you showed this as somebody who doesn't watch anything, they'd be like, Wow, good fun action match. But it's like will Ospray's first match back. I mean they didn't even when will Osprey returned. They did the surprise return. I mean they didn't even announce on the show, like at the end of the pay per view, Hey, will Ospray's first match back is gonna be on Wednesday. It was like he's been out for six months. And on Tuesday on social media they're like, hey, he's wrestling on dynamite, Like, could you get less out of the Return of Will than you actually did.
Speaker 10: The other thing that really bothered me with this match is right at the beginning, he takes the DDT from Christian and like the ref steps in and pulls Blake Christian off to make and it's like, is he cleared or not? Like it's not in the rules that well, if he has a bad neck and might have hurt his neck, we prevent someone from continually beat him up. It's like we shouldn't be questioning his health and whether he's going to be crippled due to this broken neck. In his first match back against Blake Christian.
Speaker 1: Broll his first match back, he had his neck all taped up.
Speaker 10: Well, if he needs that and it helps, I'm okay with it. Like, yeah, personally I wish it wasn't tape, but if it helps, tape. But it's like, to me, he should have it should have been a highlighted you know, ex, Just a highlight reel for Will to remind people how great he is. You let Blake Christian stop him enough and hit him with make a d d or something. Have will work through it fine, come right back and win the match to say yes, he's healthy, his neck is not fragile. And then again when he gets to a big match, it's like, maybe you can question the Oh Jesus, it's serious, but Blake Christian shouldn't be getting two and nine eighths in ear falls on one of the best in the world and having us question whether he's healthy enough to survive a match with a guy who's very talented but like you say, has never won a singles match in aw television.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: And then they do the angle afterwards with Moxley, which is all fine and good because in the storyline Moxie and his crew put him out of action, but it's like, okay, John Moxley's one of the biggest stars in the entire company, so why do you proceed that attack with will Ospray going fifty to fifty with Blake Christian? But they did. They brawled to the back. Then we had a Moxy and Universe as Juice and as Austin. I like this match. It was a good match, and it was like there was a guy dressed as is Jesus in the crowd and this guy was so mad at Moxley, he flips him off, he drops an F bomb.
Speaker 10: Are you sure he was just dressed?
Speaker 1: He might have been.
Speaker 10: Jesus here there's talk of a rapture again. Maybe he was the real deal.
Speaker 1: It could have been he didn't like John Moxley. John better start praying. So then we had by far the worst thing on the show, one of the worst things in a long time, and that is Gabe Kid and Darby in what is advertised as a coffin match. I mean, this was one of those matches where I was watching it and like sometimes you watch a match and then like it's over, and then you know it kind of starts getting some momentum and social media or whatever, and then later you realize, man, I really watched something historic right there. It's one of those matches. As it's going on, I'm like, oh my god, people are gonna be talking about this match for decades, and not in a good way. In the middle of Revolution or in the middle of of Dynamite, Gabe Kid says, I'm not waiting for the ring. Let's start this coffin match in the parking lot. So they go to the parking lot and uh, and Gabe just a taxis guy, and he starts power bombing him on this car.
Speaker 10: Darby tried to run him over.
Speaker 1: They tried, well, I mean that's just par for the course. So he's pounding on him. He's power bombing into the car or whatever, and then Darby manages to put an ether soaked rag on his face, throw him in the trunk of the car. He jumps in the car, they do the jump cut, the car backs up, and then the car goes driving up this garbage ramp and flips over and crashes and like they're dead, but of course they're not. So it's everything about this was so bad. So the car flips and you know here in the ouncer going, oh my god, the announcer like just gotten nuttier. That literally was Tony. That was Tony Schavani's exact line. And it's quietly as I said it, and it just got nuttier, he says. So you know, the crowd's like dead silent for this. Then the door opens and Darby falls out. Then the trunk opens and and Gabe kid falls out of the trunk and you hear the audience start laughing. So Darby puts him on this trunk and he just starts rolling towards the building. They come back to the building. The building's just like dead, silent. The ring's right there. The announcers are like, man, that's pretty crazy. What just happened. Yeah, car flipped over. I mean they're just like it was like somebody put on a headlock. So Darby finally pushes this guy back to the ring and the coffin's right there, and they're they're playing it up like Gabe Kid is dead, like he's literally dead, he's unconscious, Okay. Darby then goes and he starts getting a straight jacket. He starts putting the straight jacket on Game Kid, and it doesn't matter at this point because whether it's front or back, the arms don't get like so like Gabe Kids got arms. But anyway, Brian Danielson's like, the coffin's right there, he's dead. Just put him in the coffin and win. But no, Darby has to put the straight jacket on him. So now the guy starts coming back to life and he throws Darby to the steps. Darby's bleeding. So we then get a guy in a straight jacket who, however, still has his arms beating the heck out of Darby El and he's beating him. He's beating him, he's beating him. So they go to commercial and they come back, and sometime during the commercial, his arms actually got you know, restrain the way they're supposed to. So now Gabe Kid has no arms and he's sitting on the top turn buckle and Darby's beaten on this guy with no arms. And then, as God is my witness, the guy with no arms starts making the heel by the way with no arms starts making a babyface comeback armless, he's beating up Darby. I'm like what am I watching? And the crowd's dead. And then finally they do some spother on the apron and Darby like cannonballs this guy and he falls into the coffin and the lid and Darby wins, and I was like, oh my god. It started with a car wreck, it ended with a wrestling match where a one armed heel was beating up no arm heel, a no arm heel. Oh my god. And then after all that, the crowd is just dead for all of this, and poor Darby has to cut a promo about how he wants the world title and nobody cares. I was like that that was a catastrophic moment on the show. Then we get a goofy sitcom deal with Luke Perry and Lucasaurus and the Young Bucks, and.
Speaker 10: Can I just say, and this is from personal experience, no one gets over in a theme painted school bus.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Man, he fed a squirrel? Yeah, and then Ju then swerved as a promo. So earlier in the show, Kenny Omega had done a promo and he said, swerve after his win this weekend, is now the number one contender? I said, what that was the number one contenders match? Since when they never advertised as such. It was never announced as such, like you're gaslighting me here. So then they go to swerve and swerve, I swear to god does a promo saying unbannounced to me, I am now the number one contender. He didn't know. So then he says, well, let's do this again next week, me and you. I will put my number one contendership on the line, but you have to put your EVP status on the line. And by the way, like six months ago, they did an angle where the Young Bucks faced I think it was a Swerve and Hangman maybe or who or maybe it was Awspray, but anyway, the point was at that point Swerf wanted absolutely nothing to do with being an EVP. Now he wants it, so he has put his imaginary number one contendership that he didn't know about on the line against an EVP. I was like, who is right? Is this a Vince Russo show? Where did all of this come from? So that's on the line for next week. All of that, Speedball says he wants the world title and then he beat Mark Davis. His match was I mean, it was well executed, but it was just absolutely not a marquee match, and as a follow up for the pay per view, it just I was like, all right, you know, we just needed a banger. That's literally the only reasons is here. The MJF promo was one of the better things on the show, and it was notable because he said, I just turned thirty. What a way to celebrate. My goal is to go down as the greatest of all time. I got twenty years to get there, and there was only one guy in this company that was really standing in my way, and it was Hangman and my biggest threat you're off the board. He says, I got twenty years and you're just stuck in the mid card. And right there it was so obvious. Hangman's just breaking the step. That's what's gonna happen. For those of you that think, oh, well, you know, maybe Tony's just never gonna have him in the world time, Nope, he's breaking that stip.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 1: I don't know when, might be, might be six months, might be a year, but he's breaking that step.
Speaker 10: Might be tomorrow, o for all you know.
Speaker 1: It could be tomorrow, for all we know. And then we had the Mina Marina match, which we talked about, and then the main event was the Young Bucks and Jack Perry versus Socata, Rocky and Trent, and a good main event match. You know, finish was never in doubt. The Young Bucks pin Rocky Romero as we all figured after Jack hit the running knee, and then Nick cut a promo all sad about losing this weekend, this past weekend in front of their family, and and they said, you know what we're gonna If we have to start from the bottom and work our way back up, that's what we'll do. But there's nobody in this company going to stand in our way. So of course out come Copeland Christian, and Copeland cuts a promo about how FTR injured his wife seriously, but she's now out the woods, and so now he's back and he's got to take care of business. And they could do something physical, they could break necks or faces or whatever, but the aw tag team titles are more important to FTR than their own families, and so they're gonna take those away from them at Dynasty in Vancouver the Sunday before WrestleMania, and of course FTR comes to the ring and these two heels get in the ring and four babyfaces quadruple team them, hit them in the nuts and send them packing, and that was how the show went off the air. So I like the main event wrestling, you know what they're doing with Copeland and Christian, and I mean, first it'll be FTR, which feels like a big match for the tag titles in Canada, which, by the way, the fact that it's in Canada, I'm pretty sure Kiddy Omega's beaten Swerve. But then Bucks and Copeland and Christian for down the Line, you know, that feels like a big match as well. So there's some good things you can see, like down the road, but like as a follow up to Revolution, which, aside from everything involving the main event, the length, the I mean, it probably was the greatest aw pay per view they've ever had. This was a horrific follow up to that show. For being honest, So yeah, that was that. Anything else you want to talk about.
Speaker 10: No, I think that pretty much covers it.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, we're gonna do break everybody and when we come back. We got a couple of other news notes.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: So on the front page, it says here that according to Thurston's math, the bid that Tony Kahn's company put in for WWE was six point nine billion, was the bid, and of the four competitors, it was the lowest bid. Endeavor eight point five billion, Liberty Media eight point five to eight point nine and KKR eight to eight point seven billion, so actually the winner eight point five So yeah, that's actually not correct. Liberty and KKR both bid more than Endeavor, So that's probably why there's a lawsuit, right now why did you go with endeavor if two other places offered more money? But anyway, I want to mention one thing. I'll talk about this more than the Bran and Vinie show last night, but I was thinking about this whole Hangman thing, and uh, you know the one thing that people figured, how are they going to break this stip You mentioned it, everyone brought it up. Well, Hangman just gave his word, and so obviously the option is he turns heel and breaks his word and gets the title. Okay, well, let's just say that's the way they go. The issue to me is because of the stipulation and the fact that the reason that we're supposed to believe he won't break it is because he's a man of honor, right, and by breaking it, he's no longer a man of his words. So he's a heel. Well, that kind of means that he can never actually challenge for the title as a babyface ever again, right, like we can never have a babyface Hangman is champion unless somehow he wins the belts as a heel and then at some point goes babyface. But like, let's say he wins it as a heel, because he's not a man of his word, and then he loses the belt. At that point, I mean, he's still supposed to be a man of his word. Is a babyface, So is he just gonna be like, well, I broke, I brought I'm still a man of my word because he's already been broken, so now I can challenge for the title again as a baby face. They've kind of like, I don't know, I think this is a really stupid idea to stick. Have I mentioned that. I think it's dumb, But anyway, let it play out. Everybody says like that Max castor Anthony Bowen's storyline that I sat through for two years and went nowhere. All right, we'll see you tonight on the brain of Visha everybody. Wrestlobserver dot com, it's talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.