Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Club Morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jess, Hilariy Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Low LaRosa is here as well, and we got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 1: The hood was for a family.
Speaker 3: I'm not special guests. Breakfast Club family here. Good morning, morning, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning. How are you feeling, I'm feeling good.
Speaker 4: Congratulations I saw that you officially got accepted in the FAMI you law school.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, yes, thank you for the saying that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm very excited. Fam you HBCU very very important. My daughter shout out to my daughter Jada, she actually got into pray View. Okay, she'll be going on scholarship. And mom were taking advantage of my empty nest situation and going.
Speaker 1: To law school.
Speaker 4: I mean you decided because you already got two degrees, right, yes.
Speaker 1: You want to go get a third.
Speaker 3: I've always wanted to get my law degree, even though I've worked with Attorney Crump as a senior public holuer let's advise, as you know for the last ten years, just wasn't able to do it, you know, having a daughter running a business three hundred employees in Atlanta. Hustling working your first year of law school is really like a hazing, Like you really have to be able to, you know, focus.
Speaker 1: I've always had to worry about getting money.
Speaker 3: So I want to say thank you to you for the black Efake podcast network because without that, knowing that I can at least have some type of income coming in, that's really a lot of why it's made possible so that your critics could never Just.
Speaker 1: That's really really important. You know.
Speaker 3: It's it's not like I'm wealthy or you know, anything like that. But one of the things of law school. It took me over a decade to finish my bachelor's I had to stop start stop, start stop start because of money.
Speaker 1: You know, need Do I got to work full time? Do I have to be a teacher, substitute? All those different things?
Speaker 3: So to really finish the law school program, you need a job, and how do you do that and still study? So I am part time because I'm still cheap local corresponding they revolte news and managing editor over there. But now I can kind of breathe, and you know, I got some income coming in.
Speaker 1: So shout out to.
Speaker 2: Will you actually go to class and school there.
Speaker 3: What I know you always asked them about online. Yes, No, I will be in class in Orlando, Florida, going back to Orlando, finishing up some which is.
Speaker 1: A full circle for me.
Speaker 3: I sut to leave when due to healthcare reform and I lost my business. So no, it's actually Monday through Thursday, and then I'll be going to Atlanta to record on Friday.
Speaker 5: Students gonna be trying to highlight you now, because in class, students trying to highlight you now, nephewew trying to hil at you.
Speaker 3: Your other two degrees that look Masters in Adult Education and then management and then I'm right now, I'm actually sam Houston University online working on my second Masters in Political science straight.
Speaker 1: Way law degree.
Speaker 6: So when you finish all of that, you're just gonna apply to what you're already doing. Do you have a new area you want to venture into?
Speaker 3: Know, I will still always being civil rights, don't doubt about that.
Speaker 1: But criminal defense it's very very important to me.
Speaker 3: My main thing that I advocate for is a criminalization of black men in particular and black folks, and we need more criminal defense lawyers.
Speaker 1: We really really do. If you look at the case right now with the Corrello Anthony that's going on in Frisco.
Speaker 5: Texas, not the basketball player, the right Texas As All.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Built my first two houses in Frisco, Texas being nine thirteen Blazing Star Road to Hunt one for one Old Promenade Road. So I'm very familiar with Frisco, very familiar with what he's up again shut out to do you know the case? I know a little bit about it. I just got briefed on it yesterday. Dominique Alexander, the Next Generation Action Network, he's doing the activism. He just gave me an award in January for Voice of the People, and so now I'm kind of getting involved within the last twenty four hours. But I know that the issues that he's going to be faced with, and so this is why again we need criminal defense. What Attorney Crump does is important. We need more civil rights attorneys. But I think I can be a beast at that defense table.
Speaker 2: I think so too. Yeah, well, we got a lot to talk about it, a lot to discuss.
Speaker 4: Where do you want to go? You got your laptop?
Speaker 3: You know, Well, no, I came to talk to you guys about push the line. I've talked to you about it many many times. My training program politics until something happens. It's a non partisan of political training. We did it in twenty twenty two. You remember at three hundred people that came from all over the country in Atlanta. They came from La Jersey, Houston, Dallas. I was overwhelmed to see how many people came in. They sat with me for twelve hours in the rain, waiting in the rain at seven am. And so people have asked, Haslam bring the program online, and so I finally got it online. It's a five course program. I'm the trainer, I save masters and education. Not to stunt because you know, I'm the hood whisper, but it's important that you know that because I actually built the curriculum. And so there's a lot of folks that build courses but may not know, you know, the technicalities of building a curriculum, having objectives and meeting those. So I've built the curriculum myself, and so now it's virtually online. I'm happy to go through the.
Speaker 2: Let's do it say so.
Speaker 3: Of course, one is called we are Soldiers, and what that is is is talking about the roads and responsibilities for candidates, campaign workers, organizers, and activists.
Speaker 1: So this training is even if you.
Speaker 3: Are a black conservative, I want you to know, come on in, if you are liberal, if you are progressive, if you are democratics, nonpartist, and I'm not pushing any agenda. I'm teaching you the basic fundamentals that you need. I've been a candidate myself. I've worked on campaign campaigns, state, local, federal. I was the only black person on the ground in twenty fifteen to flip Michigan for Bernie Sanders. I have been an activist obviously still am, and an organizer. So this training really brings all those things together and giving you information that the other trainings won't do. I've probably been to every major training Congression of Black Cautus Book, White House Project, Go Run Lead. Yale Law School for Women, they have a training. I have not found one that really breaks it down. One tells you the truth on what you're really gonna have to do to run, and so I just decided to create it myself. That first course is critically important. Now you can unroll now teslamfairgul dot com. There's course curriculum in there now for you to study there'll be a live interactive class with me on June fourteenth. If you miss it, it'll still be available for replay. So that's the good thing about it. But a lot of people don't understand roads and responsibilities and the difference between those two. And I'll just kind of give an example of you and I talk about it all the time, the difference between candidates and activists. One of the reasons why you see a lot of candidates crashing out is because they're trying to be an activist and a candidate and an organizer and all these different things, and people don't really know the difference. And I blame the candidates for setting them up for that expectation. So to give you an example that we talk about it a lot. An elected official actually serves the constituents. So you'll hear a lot of people online, why is such and such black candidate talking about immigration?
Speaker 1: Why are they talking about this?
Speaker 3: Why they're not talking about black folks? Well they are, but you got to understand that candidate in Congress is representing two hundred thousand people, one hundred and fifty thousand people, and that job literally says to advocate for your constituents.
Speaker 1: So they have to take care of everybody. So that's why people's pissed.
Speaker 3: When they said, oh, vpare said, I'm not going to only do stuff with black people.
Speaker 1: I feel it.
Speaker 3: I understand what they meant, But what she was basically trying to say is you have to represent everybody, which is why would not be a good candidate. It's really important that you know where you fit. I wouldn't be a good candidate unless I'm in South Fulton, which is Atlanta. Outside of Atlanta, Georgia ninety eight percent black city commissioner.
Speaker 1: So I can talk about black issues.
Speaker 3: But if you're in Congress, run a president, you're talking about everybody. That's literally a part of their job and people have to be o. K was saying, that's not a good fit for me. An activist, and this is where people get confused, and activists is the one that is pushing the candidate, that is saying, hey, what about me?
Speaker 1: What about me?
Speaker 3: So, if that's reparations activists, immigration activists, healthcare activists, your job is to literally put pressure on the elected official. The elected official has to sit around and say, Okay, I got to take care a little bit of this.
Speaker 1: This is this squeaky oil, what they say squeaky or what's up? So your job is to push.
Speaker 3: However, because candidates, and this is where I criticize them, candidates elected officials don't work with activists the way that they should because you want to be at all, you want to be the candidate, You want to be the activist, you want to be the organizer.
Speaker 4: Are they scared to work with the activist because they think they'll get backlass right?
Speaker 3: Or they want to be on this microphone. You have over four hundred people in Congress. How many do you see on the microphone?
Speaker 1: A handful?
Speaker 3: So you have your Jasmine Crocketts, you have like, yeah, so you have. But technically they're the elected official. Technically they shouldn't have to be on the microphone being the activist because what happens.
Speaker 1: Is what you see. And we had a big old group chat about this.
Speaker 3: What happens is if Jasmine Crockett is talking about all the different things immigration, I tell people lay off on being upset with her talking about immigration. She's in Texas, she must talk about immigration.
Speaker 1: So you have black people lying, oh, why is she talking about immigration?
Speaker 3: Because she represents people you know in Texas So when you have her having to be the activists because there's not leadership in the Democrat Party that's loud, or there's not activists on the ground that are loud enough, or they're not coordinating with those activists. And when I say coordinate, I mean give them money so that they can crash out on your behalf. Then now you have a candidate's trying to do it all. So what happens when she runs for office? When I looked at her Ballipedia, I think it was one hundred something thousand that voted in a general election.
Speaker 1: I look at that and I.
Speaker 3: See fifty thousand people in the primary that can move you out your seat. That's what happened to Representative Bowman, Jamal Bowman. When you are being the activist and he's talking about Godza, Godsa, Godza, Gaza, Gaza, and damn near half of your district is Orthodox Jews, they actually have the power to put you in and put you out. Not the podcast, not the national media. So when you're not coordinating with your activists, say hey, go run this play, run this offense, and let me do this, and you do that. That's how you see a lot of the issues and you set up false expectations for the elected official, and then the organizer is very different than the activists. A lot of people think that's the same. It's not the same. Perfect example, Rashida Taled in Detroit organized one hundred thousand people to go to the polls. So most of the people you see online these podcasts are activists.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, reparation now.
Speaker 3: Reparation that that's important, you know, healthcare now, healthcare now. But organizing, it's actually getting people in the room. Like we did at the town hall of weeks ago. I had in Atlanta, one hundred and fifty people standing outside in the ring.
Speaker 1: That's organizing. Screaming and yelling is one thing.
Speaker 3: But getting one hundred thousand people to go to the polls to say we are voting no commitment, that is actually organizing, which is why Tamika always says.
Speaker 1: I'm an organizer first.
Speaker 3: So when you understand these roles and responsibilities, now you can know your role, which is pushed the line. My logo has a person pushing the P, the U, the S, the H. Everybody like at this table has a role. If you know your role and then we know how to work together. Now we can move forward on an agenda.
Speaker 1: I have a question.
Speaker 6: Yeah with politics today though, Like when I look at like Trump, I feel like he you know, he doesn't stay within any lines or anything things that you just said. Do you feel like there's is changed now because he's changed the way that politicians moving what they say and what they stand for. Like he he pushes whatever he wants to spec and he's successful at it. So how do you kind of counter what he's doing and kind of making where the people that you're raising up on either side are just as strong voice wise? Is what we see him do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not about really countering it.
Speaker 3: See, one of the one of the modules that I have is is called it's not about weed, It's about me. If you are already strategizing to be against somebody and not doing your role like you always say, just stay consistent, don't compete with anybody, do your role. Push the line is not about trying to focus on Trump or focused on what Republican parties are doing, because Trump never.
Speaker 1: Focused on you. He never focused on the Democrat party.
Speaker 3: So when people set that up to say, I know, it felt good when they say, oh, Rock Obama, he's everybody's president. Actually, you're really the president of the people that vote you in. I know people don't want to hear that, but it's really catering to who votes you, who puts you in. That's just like my household. I'm catering to my man, not catering to what your man say. Who what somebody else man say. So Trump has done and they hate it when I say this because they say he don't.
Speaker 6: He don't.
Speaker 1: He didn't do a good job.
Speaker 3: He's a liar. No, I'm not saying I like it. I'm telling you how it is. It's a different between how it is and how you want it to be. He is only talking to his base, even though you know, good day, well, he cannot dismantle the Department of Education because Congress is going to have to do it. He don't give them about that. He signed an executive varder saying let's dismantle it. We beg for those things, you remember, Charlotte Mane, Like, why don't y'all just doing executive vad for the George Floyd Justice and Police and Act. But everybody's so smart in the Democrat part. That's not how it work. You gotta go through Congress.
Speaker 2: You gotta go.
Speaker 3: People want to know you at least fighting you, at least in the ring. You willing to sock somebody in the eye, You're willing to take you willing to fight for my love. You know what they say every night, I gotta fight for my love.
Speaker 4: I think it's a combination of both though, because Donald Trump, did you know, he did call them the woke left, and he did say that the Democrats are the enemy from within. But he didn't just run a campaign of Democrats are bad, Democrats are bad, Democrats are bad. He actually said these are the things I want to do for my constituents as well. I think Democrats just run a whole Trump is Bad campaign, but they don't ever tell the constituents exactly what it is they want to do.
Speaker 3: For right And they also don't teach constituents how to do it. They're terrible with training, which is why started this training program. Also, Trump is an organizer and an activist and a candidate and a marketer and an entertainer. He makes everything a spectacle, He makes everything a big deal. He always knows how to play to the camera. All of the things that the Democrats feel they too good to do. And so I'm just gonna tell you like straight o, oh no, don't do that.
Speaker 1: That's not president.
Speaker 3: He doesn't give a damn. And so when you he's been campaigning for the last eight years, Yeah, he's campointing out.
Speaker 1: We say that, he's literally campaigning.
Speaker 3: When you have a rally every month, every other month, that's actually organizing, getting people in the room. They pop out crazy. So he's been doing that the whole time. You it's hard to catch up with that. It's hard to catch up when you've been talking. It's not a matter of how many people you have. Conservatives are the majority minority of this country. So it's not about who's the biggest, it's about.
Speaker 1: Who's the strongest.
Speaker 3: That's why I'd like to use la gang banging for those who grew up in the night. The Bloods were always the smallest, but they also were the most powerful. How did Inglewood survive with crips all around it?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Because they knew how to push the line, which, by the way, that's what blood say, push the line.
Speaker 1: Crips say press the line.
Speaker 3: So when you're able to take a small group, organize consistent message, message message, conservatives have the best And again don't come from me in a coma. I don't give that, y'all coman in comments or not. They have the digital discipline that you do not have on the left. You do not have that on the left. Conservatives listen to podcasts or what they listened to Am talk radio. We talked about this before, all the way into work and our commute, messaging, messaging, messaging. They go in their job, they listen to a podcast. Seventy percent of podcast listeners are white, which is why we were doing that black effect. It's so important. So then they had work messaging, messaging, messing.
Speaker 1: Bad, bad, bad, enemy, enemy, enemy and enemy.
Speaker 3: Then they go home and they watch Fox News. Then they get in the comments. I try to teach people how to be the comment caucus talk about that too. They stay on it like we stay on it with Shade Room. They stay on it non stop. Look at the interview that I did here with Vivid Rama Sami is a perfect example.
Speaker 1: Then people still commenting on that. I'llset them so much. They are still coming on that. Do you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: If you knew this, Joe Biden, you would say that's probably one of the most popular interviews that you had, you ain't black.
Speaker 1: Go look at the comments under YouTube. Under YouTube, I.
Speaker 3: Think the last time I checked it might have been twenty thousand something comments under the vivid rama, same interview. The last time I checked, fifty thousand comments, and Joe Biden had millions of views. We only hear a couple of hundred thousand. But look at the engagement then. People was on my ass every day, angry masculin. They made one hundred and fifty videos about me. They shut up to y'all though, did they know how to message over and over and over even if it's wrong, and so you don't see that on the left, and so I don't give them as left. All right, I want to see more in our communities know how to mess the same way y'all followed gossip the same way y'all followed it. If we have that same type of organizing, which by the way, is course to called the ambition of a rider. It's talking about community coalition building, how to be the common caucus, how to make sure you clicking, like, how to get the engagement. You have to be very strategic in this, and if you're not, we don't get anywhere.
Speaker 2: So now I agree with that. I say, I agree with that.
Speaker 4: I also think that that's why when somebody, when you see somebody scoring points, you just got to keep feeding them the ball. Republicans did that with Trump once they saw that Trump is the guy that the media gravitates towards, and this is who people are listening to. That's the guy, and I think Democrats don't do enough of that. If it's AOC, give it the ball. If it's Javin Crockett, give it a ball. If it's Bernie Sanders, give them the ball. Those are the people that folks are gravitating towards. Right now, you just had a rally.
Speaker 2: In LA I think.
Speaker 4: Thousand people. That's what I'm saying, Like, if that's the people who folks are gravitating towards, that's who needs to be getting the ball, right.
Speaker 3: My criticism, well not criticism, I'll push you back with that. What Bernie Sanders is because working on his campaign twenty fifteen, they did great getting people to the rallies, but you couldn't get them to the polls. So it's great to stand up there and say, hey, y'all, this is bullshit, But if you're not giving people the tools which again, this is why this training is so important. If you're just saying get involved in your community, a lot of people literally don't know how. They literally need they step by step guide. Democrats should be running a play. You should see commercials just as much as they ran y'all commercials every fifteen minuts. It should be who want to run, who want to run, who want to run, who want to work on a campaign?
Speaker 1: Who want to work on a campaign?
Speaker 3: Constant y'all raised one hundred million dollars in ninety days. Where's one hundred million dollars to actually train people? Just so we clear, nothing is back. People pay for the course, but nothing is back in me. It's not a Republican, it's not a Democrat, it's not any of that. Why are they not using that money to train you how to run for local office? You have mid terms next year, then you need to train people how to actually work on the campaign. There's a lack of infrastructure. One of the reasons Rashida to leave was seven four or five six black people that ran against Sheida leaving Detroit. They had to hire a friend of mine from Kansas City to run the campaign because of the act of infrastructure of knowing how to run a campaign, how to be a volunteer coordinator, how to be a campaign manager, how to be a comms director. So they don't build up the infrastructure, which means you don't have a bench. It's not just getting a good candidate. You also need your organizers, you need your campaign workers. And that's what my criticism is of Bernie Sanders and anybody that's doing a rally.
Speaker 1: You're not training these people. You're getting them upset.
Speaker 2: But for what I was gonna ask you.
Speaker 5: You know a lot of times democrats get but hurt a lot when you ask them, when you push back on a lot of the things that they say, why do you think that is? It almost feels like they are upset when we question the things that we should be able to question.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a lot of ego in politics, which is one of the things again that we teach that I teach you the thing to remove your ego out the way, meaning not about me, not about way, it's about me.
Speaker 1: They know it all. I'm just gonna be straight up honest with you. They know it all.
Speaker 3: They know it all, but seem to not know how to win consistently. You have people who are highly educated in what they do. Again, I'm not anti education. I love degrees, the more the better, but they just refuse many of them, not all, but refuse to really connect to the concrete. I go by concrete roots, not mud, because mud is too soften me. I got this shit out the concrete, not a manager, not an agent.
Speaker 1: Now, my family was in this. Now somebody put me on.
Speaker 3: So they can't have those conversations, and they don't know.
Speaker 1: How to give the play. Give a ball to the people.
Speaker 3: They can have a conversation, but you know why, because they want to be on microphone envy. It's just like a rapper, like they have to be the one on the microphone instead of saying, you know what, such and such, No, how to talk to this group, Let me give them the play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want to see Hakeem Jeffreys. Yeah, I want to see AOC. I want to see Jasmine. I want to see those people. That's really the problem.
Speaker 3: But then there's also people that they can't connect to as well. Why are you not connecting to the streets in California? Well, Governor Newson, who to me, don't have a shot in hell on the national level, but still very good pushing this message. I know, with some homies right now and there later, it would organize. Right now, who's never voted, who's never because of what he did with the gang enhansment and what he's done with healthcare. You hear a lot bad about California, but healthcare, what do you.
Speaker 4: Call the streets storreuse? I mean Bernie and Eils. He did just have thirty six thousand people.
Speaker 1: In that way.
Speaker 3: But there's still a demographic people that are not involved at all, people that don't give a damn about none of this Bernie Sanders demographic. And I'm just gonna be honest, the progressive demographic. The Rainbow Coalition is white liberals, pretty much white progressives. There's still a lack of talking to those that are completely given up, completely disenfranchised obviously. And also a Coachella the average chicken was seven eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Well, no, that wasn't Coachella. Bernie came out of Coachella, but they had a whole other event too. Yeah, he came out to coach, but they had a whole other bit.
Speaker 1: Working on that campaign. I'm just gonna be straight up with you.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm very clear about my position with Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 1: He is talking to a very progressive white Wrean movement.
Speaker 3: To me, now, even if your hispanic is still white adjacent, it's still that's just as long as everybody, as long as we get everybody who make money out the way, as long as everybody make fifteen dollars an hour, all will be well. He struggles with dealing with race. I'm saying that as his former racial justice director. Also, everybody ain't mad at rich people. Charlotte Maine like some people really trying to get the bag. So those conversation, I know what they mean with the elite the top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think the fighting oligarchy towards a good message. But I think it's a hippo. Well, it's not a hypocritical message from Bernie Sanders in AOC, but from the majority of the Democratic Party is a hypocritical message because they are all taking money from the billionaires in the corporate life.
Speaker 1: What hood don't know who the oligary is.
Speaker 2: How do you say it?
Speaker 1: I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I mean, they don't you know, when the people talking about neoliberal they don't know what you're talking about. So there's different messages that people need to have to engage. And I think the Democrat Party ten.
Speaker 1: Is too big. It's too big.
Speaker 3: It needs to be broken down. Everybody's not gonna relate to Bernie Sanders. Everybody not gonna relate to AOC, Everybody not gonna relate to jazzmon Crocket, everybod not gonna relate to me.
Speaker 4: So that's why everybody should be doing it. If everybody doesn't, little.
Speaker 1: Nobody, that's right.
Speaker 3: And again, local state, we gotta stop this fascination with federal We really really do. All of your powers. Is your city commissioner, your mayor. They are managing billion dollars, you know, budgets. Look at Atlanta, the Black Mecca. The mayor get to decide who gonna get this grant, who's gonna get this funding, How do we keep this program going, how do we keep the after school program going?
Speaker 1: Okay, if y'all don't want to do it, we're gonna figure it out. It's the local.
Speaker 6: I think it's because the local government, even though when you when you get old enough to understand that the local government is not like the glitten of glamour.
Speaker 1: Isn't there right? They want the sex.
Speaker 6: I feel like when Keisha Lan's Bottoms was mayor in Atlanta, the bottom was mayor in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: She did a good job of like you knew who she was, even.
Speaker 6: If you didn't live in Atlanta, like you you cared about what she was doing, even if you didn't live there, like she was a talking point. But a lot of local government people don't do that, like you don't know, they.
Speaker 1: Don't need to do it. It's called actually serving your constituents. See.
Speaker 3: So again, this is where I go back to these politicians. I appreciate what they're doing. Don't get me wrong, because we need the voices because you don't see it. Damn shure and not coming from the Democrat party. But Keisha need to be worrying about Keisha's constituents all of this.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be a national spokesperson and all of that. That's how you get.
Speaker 3: You end up crashing out, That's how you get out of office. That's how you get your constituents seeing you at the grocery store, they're seeing you at church. They don't care about you trying to be no voice for everybody else. They're concerned with are you taking care of these one hundred thousand people in your district or two hundred thousand people in your district. It's not about you can't get Keisha in and you can't get her out.
Speaker 1: You have zero power.
Speaker 3: So she can get on these podcasts mikes if they want to, but at the end of the day, they not vote. They don't vote for you, So either you want to be an elected official or do you want to be a podcaster.
Speaker 4: I agree, but I think sometimes it's not your fault. Like in Keisha's case, I don't think it was her fault. She just happened to be a black woman who was the mayor of Atlanta. So, like all the rappers were talking about it, but what was the slogan on Atlanta got a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I'm definitely not blaming her. I'm just I'm using that name for it.
Speaker 6: To her because she's the only person. I just think about it, like locally in Delaware, like you would know because like you said, you see them, you hear them. But outside of Brother's, Delaware, Philly, wherever, you don't just know of these people. And I think a lot of it is because even if they're not at the microphones. I don't know. It's just local level is not glamorized that.
Speaker 4: Sometimes Marion Barry, like you didn't.
Speaker 3: But guess what, they could never get him out. I encourage people to go watch The Ten Lives the Nine Lives of Marion Barry.
Speaker 1: Scandal or not.
Speaker 3: They could not get him out. You know why they could because he was doing the work. He was doing the work. When you do the work, like shout out to Eric Maids, my friend rest in peace, shout out to y'all seen Eric Mays be CUsing people.
Speaker 1: When you're doing the work, people will know about you.
Speaker 3: But you couldnot get Eric Mays out of office for nothing, because he took care of his district. This is a district conversation. Even Congress, it's still a district. It's still a local conversation. So when you get out on these microphones and you're because I've seen it happen real time, and you're trying to please all of these different different constituents that can't vote for you because I want to say what this what they want me to say?
Speaker 1: I want to say what they want.
Speaker 2: Me to say.
Speaker 3: Okay, the people that's actually voting for you are the ones that make the decision. So you don't hear about it, Lauren, because they're doing their job, but they should. Those candidates should also stop trying to be seen all the time, which I think is important.
Speaker 1: I'm not dising not because they don't have a choice.
Speaker 3: The Jasmines and all that don't have a choice cause ain't nobody else stepping up.
Speaker 1: So this is not shitting on earth.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that I wish they would work more with activists and fund those activists because they're crashing out. Literally, they can't get jobs, they can't go transition anywhere. Fund those activists to run that play for you so that you can actually be in office to vote Corey Bush.
Speaker 1: Jamal Bowman. They're no longer in Congress.
Speaker 3: They can't vote for nothing because when they were pushing those issues, which is important, but the district said otherwise. So you got the money, say yeah, push push push push push, but your dishes said we're gonna do something different. So now you don't even have an ally that can actually vote, you know, to make a difference.
Speaker 1: And so that's what I mean.
Speaker 5: Do you what do you say to people that they always feel like it's a money player, like both sides of money player.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: They look at democrats and they see, for instance, Eric Adams was the mayor of New York City who a lot of people voted for him because he was a Democrat. Then you see him buddy buddy with Trump and then Trump partnering him. Or you see Kamala Harris giving a lot of these organizations money, whether it was Al Sharpton or.
Speaker 2: Roland Martin, and then they do interviews with him.
Speaker 5: And of course if people feel like if you give me money, I can't I can't be part I have to be partial to you. So how do you feel when people look at those things?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Well, one course for a stand on business that talks about legal compliance and how to really work with that money so you don't go to jail.
Speaker 1: So that's one of the courtses.
Speaker 3: That's why that's one of the poses of course three, and this is all in one course. Thinking of a master plan also talks about that your rolemap on literally how you novervigate that.
Speaker 1: So I teach that.
Speaker 5: Because if you give me money and I interview you, can I be partial or I just be on your side.
Speaker 2: The whole time, because I know I gotta check coming that means to be real.
Speaker 3: I mean the people that you're talking about that you name their staunch Democrats. So whether it's a check or not a check, all.
Speaker 2: Gonna push back, Like you know, these same people have been up pare.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we haven't been paid for nothing, but we asked questions on both sides, like we want, we ask for the people, we don't ask to be a friend.
Speaker 4: Well again, were getting paid the money, my dumb ass out here for no reason?
Speaker 3: Right, Well, no, but it ain't just for the Like, let's go on and really talk about this, let's have a conversation. It's for the people. But the people need they gotta have. You gotta have money to run any damn thing. So at the end of the day, how if money is not being spent to organize on the ground, if you're not buying ads from black effective So it is a money play. America's money. This is a capitalist society. I know the progression want to tell y'all something different, but it's about money, and you.
Speaker 1: Should be buying votes. Yes, they should be going down.
Speaker 3: If I had one hundred million dollars, every Little League of program, every.
Speaker 1: Uniform that need to get bought in the hood. I'll be buying it.
Speaker 3: Like those are the things that you need to do in order so people can see something tangible, so they can say, you know what, they did do something in my community. So again, Lord, this is why the local and state is important. Your city commissioner can go do that. They can go do that in Orlando Black.
Speaker 1: Business Investment Fund, Here go one hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Start your business. You can't get out that commission that person. They're gonna ride for that commissioner. So it is a money play Inmby. But a lot of the people have been getting the same money over and over and over.
Speaker 1: And guess what happened. They found out that they don't have a motion that they used to.
Speaker 3: So now a lot of the same folks and I'm shit understanding you what it is. Now they're having a partner with people they never thought about partner before because you don't went up there and told in people that you have motion. And the results in the last election shows you really don't have emotions no more. The street don't believe you anymore. You're talking to the same people over and over and over. This is no disrespect. But if the Urban League is hosting an event with none but the Urban League people in the audience.
Speaker 1: Those people are already voting. You're not talking to the.
Speaker 3: People who are not voting. You have to bring in new people. That's how we win elections. In Orlando, Commissioner Regina Hill arrested twenty one times, ran against twenty one year incumbent.
Speaker 1: It was just three of us on the campaign.
Speaker 3: We went and got three four thousand people that never thought about being in the process.
Speaker 1: And snuck them in and put them in a game. That's how you win. They don't want to do that in because they don't want to spend the money. They think they know every damn thing. They want. They contracts. I keep it real. They want they contracts. They want access. Most of the people that are still grieving right.
Speaker 3: Now over the losses that are still going through the five stages agreed, are pissed because they don't have access to the White House.
Speaker 1: Not by default, they care about the people.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying they don't care about the people, not saying they're not doing it for the right reasons. But a lot of this is I need to be able to say I make it quite yes, he go, yeah, what else?
Speaker 4: What's the other one?
Speaker 3: Okay, so to stand on business talking about that. The fifth one is show me my opponent. That's where your opponent. You really know who your opponent is, because even if you might think it's just the candidate, you might think it's just the other campaign team. But even as an activist and an organizer, you have an opponent. You need to know what you're fighting against, what you're standing for, how they're gonna try to put you out the game, to crash out, you know, all of those different things.
Speaker 1: All five of these courses are cumulative.
Speaker 3: You can sign up for each one, you know, individually if you want, it's only fifty bucks. That's two hours with me live course in additional course materials that are already there right now for you to study and quiz. So you just think about twenty five bucks an hour, two hour class fifteen hundred dollars value, by the way. So you can take each course individually, but I recommend people take all five because they all work together. I layer it like we did in this conversation so that it just kind of makes sense.
Speaker 4: And this is for people who want to actually run in their own local.
Speaker 1: No, it's for if you think you want to run. Okay, if you want to run.
Speaker 3: If you already run it, because more than likely you running, you're doing fifty different jobs if you run on local. It's also for campaign workers if you want to work on a campaign, if you want to be a campaign manager, vounding coordinator. It's also for organizers and say, you know what, I want to push an initiative. I want to get an initiative on the ballot to say we want local reparations. And then it's also for activists people who say I don't want to do any of those things, but I just want to be online and I want to create some noise.
Speaker 1: So it's all five.
Speaker 3: I'm addressing all five all at the same time because the fundamentals are the same. So you'll get your individual and right now you'll see on the course you'll get your individual materials.
Speaker 1: But I'm weaving it together so that it all makes sense.
Speaker 3: So if you don't know what the hell you want to do, and you're like, I'm just gonna come to the first one for roles and responsibilities just to get an idea because I want to do something, then this is the course for you.
Speaker 2: Well, Tez, we appreciate you. Jot.
Speaker 3: How can they get information on the course, Tesliinfiguo dot com t e z l y n f I g A r os Soon as you go to the website, of course, pops.
Speaker 4: Up y'd southwest Flake to catch I go.
Speaker 3: I said, y'all want to I'm talking about at least at three o'clock we got new plugs.
Speaker 1: Yesterday. Story shut.
Speaker 2: Shout out to one of your biggest followers. Love you, I'm sure, love my god.
Speaker 1: Yes, he is so supportive. Oh he'll love that you shoutow. He's so supportive. He really really is. A subscribe to The Straight Shot the podcast.
Speaker 3: Congratulations your podcasts, and congratulations on everything you guys are doing. They call me Judy Winslow because I left and I never said goodbye to the people in the audience that's supportive.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a goodbye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they was used to seeing it wasn't a goodbye. But I do want to. I do want to say that. Shout out to everybody that supported me. On Front page News, We're still family, We're still here. Wasn't no drama and people waiting on tea wasn't no tea, wasn't no drama, wouldn't know anything. I'm doing great things, but I love you guys, and I just wanted to say give.
Speaker 2: Everybody's testing figure. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 3: Wake that ass up early in the morning at Breakfast Club.