Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is Nolan.
Speaker 3: They call me Ben. We're joined, as always with our super producer, Max Freight Train Williams. Most importantly, you are here, and that makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. It's a very special show for us today, folks. We are examining a wide range of things in what is part of a continuing conversation we started in Austin, Texas some time ago. We're not diving into this alone, folks. We are joined with the man, the myth, the legend, John Rondie Sr. Also known as to many of our listeners, the creator of Johnny Drinks. Sir, thank you for coming on the show today.
Speaker 4: Oh come on, this is awesome. I love it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: I gotta say like the shadow boxing. It was a good move there, and I like the risk whatever you call those, the cuffs, the wrist.
Speaker 5: I know you got something.
Speaker 4: This is my Red Vanley Listen. I have the pleasure luxury of being afforded a lot of swag.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they thought that was stuff we all get. How can we didn't get that.
Speaker 4: I'm in front of the camera a little more. Baby, it works.
Speaker 5: You're looking good, John.
Speaker 6: We're glad to have me here today to talk about I like you like Ben said a bit of a grab bag episode today, which is great because we're going into a long weekend.
Speaker 5: Everybody likes a grab bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, before we get started, though, let's talk about you, John, who you are, what the Johnny Drinks podcast is in Johnny Drinks in general, how it came to be, and the fact that you've made this thing with your son, which you know as a father, it's like one of the coolest things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's well unbelievable that I get to share the story, the message, the journey. Right, It's just been something that came to us. The bottom line is, my son and I didn't set out to do this. Right. We literally filmed a video of me making a cocktail. I made the cocktail, he videoed, it went viral. The rest, as they will say, becomes the history of our journey. Because after that first video, that was his first TikTok, so think about this, takes his camera out, says, I'm going to download the app, downloads the app. Videos in the app me making a cock It goes over eight million views, okay. And that next day he's like, we got to do this again. I'm like, okay, what did we do? So it's pre COVID February twenty twenty. Make the cocktail, goes viral. Subsequent to that, do other videos, and then the pandemic hits in like April, right, So now we're in we're in lockdown, and everybody's doing what they're doing, of course, and we just expand upon, you know, taking up time and space and not driving each other nuts and just having fun. And that's how it was born.
Speaker 3: So you really did. You have continued to strike a chord with people, not just on TikTok, but on any number of social media platforms, including, as Matt mentioned, the Johnny Drinks podcast. One of my favorite parts of the Origin story, John is, uh, the way the way you explained it, which is super humble. By the way, man is Okay, we've we've made you make the cocktail, right, and uh, you're you're making Manhattan's and after after you make the Manhattan you're you're basically just doing it because you're all going out to uh a steakhouse Del Frisco's.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so my favorite part of this story is the way I've read it in a couple of iterations, is that you guys go and you're having dinner and all of a sudden, the phone goes nuts. Right, So I really thought this was just something entertaining to do for a second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, listen, I know. Yeah, I gave you the briefed version. I'm happy to like now expand a little bit and dissect it. But when we were out to dinner, and again it was my nephews, my brother in law, my sons, so it was just guys being dudes, pregaming my basement, make the cocktails. We go out to Del Fresco's, and at dinner, Johnny's like that that videos doing really well. I'm like, you know, oh great, one hundred thousand views, Dad, dessert, we're close to a million views. I'm like great. We get in the car, Dad, this thing is going. I'm like, where's it going?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going.
Speaker 4: My brother in law, who's fifty eight years old, we're looking at you, Ollie, what are they talking about? It's going and then subsequent next day, the next day, traction it's building. I'm like, wow, okay, cool, it's just fun.
Speaker 2: Let's let's talk about that revenue streams, right, Like, did you ever think in your wildest dreams that this thing, whatever social media is, could be a viable revenue stream for I mean for anybody. It's pretty nuts.
Speaker 4: I believe it. Matt ben Noel. If you guys heard what I said to everybody the first let's say, six months into this whole thing, it's like, this isn't real. This is such bs. This is like, you know, killing time, but it's like, what are we doing. I actually made a deal with my son. I said, Okay, here's what we're gonna do. You know this is cute, This is cute. I have a full time job in twenty twenty. I'm in the mortgage business. I mean, in thirty two years, I am cranked out, busy, out of my mind that it was one of the best years in the mortgage industry. Twenty twenty. Everyone's refinancing, everyone's locked down. Okay, you might not relate to that because you may have had a mortgage or needed a mortgage, But it was one of the best years I ever had.
Speaker 3: You hit on some things that are really interesting on my ends, and I think our listeners will find this fascinating as well. You said the words, you know it experimental, right, we're expanding h And you also mentioned your extensive experience in the world of finance, in the world of mortgages, I saw. I saw a really compelling conversation you had with a colleague regarding what was it eight right?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. And for many of us, like when this show was first a twinkle in some ill advised eyes of some kids who were certain they would get fired by the way we we were, this was something that was on everybody's mind. And I think for a lot of people, we see this cyclical, like the same batch of conspiracy theories get thrown around regarding regarding the ideas of crashes, recessions and so on. And what do you think for we're the average person who doesn't have your depth of experience here, how would you respond when people say there are conspiracies afoot in the world of finance?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know, listen, I think and I'm on a conspiracy theorist person or advocate of sort of life. But I believe things. So if you if you have things that you would bring to light as fact, I want to hear it. I'm listening. I'm still trying to figure out who killed JFK. I'm all about let me hear it because it's cool, right. But the more you hear then the more you get to kind of deduct for yourself. And that's the nice part about why you guys are even doing what you're doing. Right. So, when we think about the financial crash of eight specifically in that conversation, everyone was contributing to it. There were and always will be people in the financial world that will take advantage of their position. Right, It's like us hanging out. We hang out with each other. We're accountable excuse me to each other. We get a little creative with each other. You're foolish if you don't think those people in those proverbial ivory towers don't do the same thing that they don't talk and they don't learn how to encode, so they cover their butts figure out ways to monetize and make money off.
Speaker 6: For sure, anytime we talk about secret societies or kind of clandestine meetings. It usually boils down more to networking events than it does to some sort of master plan, you know, And it's the idea of how can you know, we be the rising tide that carries all both as long as you trying to eat my lunch, you know, other wealthy influencing person, And that's who I'm talking to. So it's a it is there. It is a conspiracy, but so is business. I mean, like it's so interesting. The term conspiracy is so loaded, but it really is just like a way of formulating a plan to.
Speaker 5: Put something into action.
Speaker 6: So I mean, the idea of a conspiracy isn't always as secretive and clandestine as one might think. It really is just about tactics and strategy and like pushing forth ideas in the world and sort of being those thought leaders, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I wonder about about mortgages in general, and I wonder about buying homes right now. It's a weird time. I was having a conversation with my parents just about how houses were such a long term investment, at least that's how they viewed them when they were growing up. It feels like there's a push for the short term, you know, turn around the money, basically flip a house in you know, months or a year or so. Where do you see all of that heading when it comes to basically everybody out there listening right now who's worried about being able to buy property at some point and it doesn't feel like a goal that's even achievable. Where where do you see everything going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well you know what, Matt, It's it's inevitable that you have to leave your parents. You can't live with them the rest of your life. Right So for the younger people, it'll happen, whether they kick you out or you just get tired of it, you're gonna you know, you'll find your own place. The problem right now is there's no inventory. There's just there aren't any homes that in any market. If you were to look at the homes that were for sale a year ago are available today, it's like eighty percent less. It's crazy. What's just evaporated, let alone the prices that have flattened out. So it's gonna come back. And the person like my son who is twenty seven, who is looking a year ago, is now just gonna be patient because it's gonna be a buyer's market at some point, right, because you can't you can't hold on to that current home that you really should put on the market. And for different reasons. If you're an older person like maybe your parents, well something's gonna happen, right, Attrition is gonna factor in or usually gonna say to your kids, hey, you buy it, I'll sell to you, I'll hold a note. There's gonna be a change over somewhere. So those people who are in this market trying to find a house now I feel bad for it because there's not a lot of options and they're chasing answer things just to have a bite of the apple, and they don't even know if it's really what they want. You know, everyone wants what they can't have, and all of a sudden, you're making offers on a house that you'd compromise so much, and you think, but at least I got a house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And sometimes I think a lot of that comes to as a person who just put off buying a house until you know, later next year, uh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. They I think a lot of it comes down to this, these sort of cultural mores that are put upon people. Sometimes in Shorthand they're referred to as the American dream. But if you feel this obligation, even if it's not the right fit for you, then you find your reality and what you have been taught should be your reality in conflict. And this brings us to a bigger thing. Very interested in your thoughts on this one, John, Okay, phrasing this carefully. I want to get this right. Do you believe that overall Western society is moving away from an ownership society to a service or subscription society. This is something that we have bandied about on the show before. And when I think of this, I'm not just thinking of you know, like a lot of the investment firms maybe in the US and abroad that have been buying up homes, or you know, foreign nationals representatives of foreign institutions buying homes big problem in Canada. I'm thinking also of how subscription services are entering the automobile, like BMW recently, you know, has these monthly payments you must make for technology that already exists in the car. Do you think there's something to that? And if so, are people being maybe alarmist or hyperbolic or is that a valid concern people should have.
Speaker 4: So there's it. I'm a simplify it. It's rent versus buying. Right, it doesn't matter who's how they're renting it, who's owning it to rent, why they're doing it Airbnb, vrbo, it's rent versus by. My son and I just had on our podcast this conversation rent versus buy. And so I think that while the American dream, or part of what I say is like the three pinnacles of one getting married, to owning a home, and three having children may not fit everybody, those are the three pillars right for most people. And if you can get one out of the three, great, get you go three for three, fantastic, But I think everyone would love to just get at least, you know, a shot at one of those in their lifetime. Renting right now is so attractive because those people who are in a position right to to control it have made it so convenient. They've made it such that now there's these worlds within the world, in the community, and you know you can you can find this at every demographic right. So, Matt, your parents are older mine or older, everyone's got hopefully you know parents that can still enjoy you know, their their their senior years. But they have all these communities now that they're doing everything. I mean, right, who's not playing pickleball? My fam was, you know, eighty five years old playing pickaball. I can't walk?
Speaker 6: Where did that come from? What are you taking over malls? What the hell is anyway?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But no, But so that's exactly right. Everything has found this uh social aspect greater today than ever before. My son John lives in this complex in Jersey City, and guys, it's like just beautiful, beautiful young people in and out, all sorts of demographics, right, and then they have on the roof day of this pool. They have all this area and they hang out, like gosh, who does want to live here? So that's where Ben, I think it's it becomes very easy maybe for the subscription mind you know, mindset, I don't want to buy the car. I'll just let me tell you. You know, we borrow it here and they use it for this purpose then and you know, rent it for the time they need and when you need it. Right. So, but but I I think that the ultimate goal still is being one of those pillars, is to buy it to have it.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean you know.
Speaker 6: I I recently bought a home and I was terrified to do it for the longest time. I had one in a previous life when I was married, when my kid was really young, and we sold that house and I rented ever since. But I did have that kind of fomo sort of like you know, fear of like being left behind, left in the dust. I'm like, how come all these friends of mine were younger than me or buying houses, Like I, what's the deal? What am I missing? And I think that is a danger in and of itself. It It wasn't until I was just like, look, I'm gonna take a look at Sloman and I have my kid's best friend's mom's realtor, and I looked at like six or seven in one day, and I saw a place that I'm sitting in the basement of right now. I'ma have a recording studio, and it's very important to me. I'm like, I do music. And I've been shoving all my gear that I've been collecting since I was a teenager into a spare bedroom for years. And I saw the space and I was like, think what I could do with the space. It would change my life it would change my life to be able to have this space to put all my stuff in, to be creative in my own home. That's what twisted the key for me and made me like, now I want it in a way that's not just I'm sad that I'm being left behind. So I think to your point, like it is important to realize, like what do you actually want?
Speaker 5: What are you going for in your life?
Speaker 6: Is it smart for you to be able to own a place, or is it better or more advantageous to you just to continue to rent, because there is anything inherently wrong with renting. It was for me this silly, kind of childish fomo that then was replaced by Okay, no, now I actually want this for a real reason for my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, good point. It makes sense.
Speaker 3: And we'll pause here for a word from our sponsor. Then we'll return with Johnny Drinks. And we have returned.
Speaker 2: Guys, I want to jump back to something we were talking about before, and I'm trying to connect some ideas here to come up with something interesting. Okay, so you've got the show Johnny Drinks. It is just centered on those drinks, even though that's not what the Johnny Drinks podcast is about right, it's about way more things than that. But the Johnny Drinks persona of the social media presence is about drinks. You got what is the thing? Yeah, you sell a smoker, I think, and it is just awesome. We got to see Brian bomb Gardner do it like right next to me. It was incredible. So there's we're talking about revenue streams, we're talking about drinks. I want to get back to prohibition and the times in the United States when alcohol became illegal, because I think there's a there's a something really interesting there with finding a revenue stream at a time when it was illegal to make money on that thing, but there was a will and there were ways to still make money on that thing. And I just wonder if over your years, because are you from New York or New Jersey? From New Jersey, New Jersey, So I just wonder if you had any just I don't know, just living in that area talking with people being in the financial sector. Just I wonder if you've ever heard stories or anything just when it comes to like the real wealth that was built from prohibition that was underground and then turned into legitimate businesses or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, you know, listen, there's people that are very resourceful, right, people who are entrepreneurial and opportunists, regardless of whatever society smashes you in the face with. So we have prohibition, the Great Depression, you know, things that as you reflect back in and out of society and times where it got really hard, people are going to be creative. I mean, I will not say, let's talk about the mob and get into that, but who exploited it more than them? They although again the stereotypes associated with it are well deserved. You know, they did it. They found a way through prohibition to make a business or businesses. You know, there's the speakeasies, and to your you know, I guess your question about being in this area, there's some still some speakeasies that are original that I've been to, and there's one there's one down in Atlantic City, New Jersey that it was so cool just going in there and seeing everything still the way it was. And it wasn't that they tore down and got rid of They got rid of some stuff because some stuff just you know, it ages out and you can't, you know, can't keep it. But it's so cool and interesting to see how they did survive, and how they did facilitate the needs of men and how women play a role in that, and then the business models if you would of some of that, so from from drinking to the socializing and you know, the police that would come in the front empire. Yeah really, Yeah, we're walking by which which, by the way, I never watched. I don't think I watched maybe but a couple of episodes of Boardwalk Empire, but I.
Speaker 5: Sleepd on it.
Speaker 6: I watched a few and then I left it. But then I went back and it's good. It really gets interesting and history.
Speaker 5: For your background, I think you dig it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 3: It's based on a lot of historical precedent. We've talked about prohibition the past, and I love the I love what you're describing here, John, because we know that Faulkner was right when he said the past isn't really ever over. I'm paraphrasing, but you know, we see we see the echoes of these things, and and with prohibition, you know, there's so much nasty stuff there that happens. Like people always say, yes, the mob was doing terrible things, while they forget that the US government knowingly poison and a ton of people, you know, with denatured alcohol. We also saw in that short and cartoonishly unsuccessful national experiment from nineteen twenty to nineteen thirty that nineteen thirty three, excuse me, that prohibition just didn't work. And as like as a business model for Uncle Sam, prohibition did not work with alcohol. But you know, we've had some really interesting conversations with folks that I won't call them conspiracy theorists, I will call them advocates, right stakeholders maybe about the modern state of prohibition for other substances in the US. You know, I mean, it's it's always the money that moves revenue stream policy, right, and so, in very divided times in the United States, one of the few issues that all sides of the political aisle could agree on is, oh, we can make money off cannabis. Maybe we should give that a go. I'm really interested in hearing your opinions on the idea of prohibition for other substances like should And hey, if you if you for some reason want to throw us at curveball and say that you think alcohol should be illegal again, then by all means, don't say that. But what do you think about the What do you think about the people who are saying banning or current like drug laws are a kind of prohibition in the modern day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's interesting. I don't know enough about it, and then I don't use it. I'm out of THHD CBD person at all. I'm just don't. My children and their friends, it seems like nine out of ten of them all are doing some format it. But the most that I do is I'll do the CBD cream once in a while on my shoulder or my back. But but I'm really not that that's when you asked them to be some sort of new prohibition, I would I don't think so. I think that I think that it's okay that it's now brought to light. It does help a lot of people. I think that, you know, the strains of it are dangerous, which I'm learning because again my family, kids and friends, they all use it in this form of self medication that that I don't that I don't really I think that's a slippery slope. I think that's dangerous.
Speaker 6: One that alcohol is a is a party two as well, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm going caffeine. This is like my second monster.
Speaker 6: Yeah, even the medications your doctors prescribe you're still taking it, so you're self medicating.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, but you don't interesting all about that, And again I don't. I guess this is the part of anything as a vice, anything that's abused, anything could be habitually uh and then become an addiction. Right, this specific conversation about marijuana, let's say THC and you know all the other options of gummies and the way you want to enjoy, whether it's recreational or purposes of medicating. I just I think there's this misnomer that, oh, it's not addicting, that's the problem for me, because but it is addicting, right, There's there's a strain of it addicting. So so that for me would just be a reason that maybe pump the brakes. It's so you know, what we used to do or what my generation did younger here and there, that marijuana is not the same today close, right, So that's the dangerous.
Speaker 6: Part I think is interesting, the idea of addiction to like, there's there's different sides of it, there's different colors of it. You can be addicted to driving a car really fast because it's fun. It doesn't mean that you're physically dependent on driving a car really fast. You just really like doing it. So therefore you're going to go for a repeat, you know, rinse and repeat, so you know. Well, I don't think necessarily marijuana is like physically addictive. I think people like it and it works for them, and maybe some people like it a little too much and probably use it a little too much. But I do think there is science in that marijuana is not addictive in the same way that heroin or cocaine are addictive.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. I wouldn't argue that, but I say I don't know because I don't know. What I see is. I'm thinking it is addicting, right, And here's why. Every young person that I've gotten close to, and this is one of the advantages I have, TikTok dad and now this personality, right, I'm telling you, they bring this to me. Which is just last perfect example, just last night have people over. Young guys says to me, he would you mind if I go smoke a little bit outside? Okt Well, okay, cool. Later find out that anxiousness, anxiety, you know, irritability, you know, it just helps me. It helps me sleep, helps my appetite, help suppress helps.
Speaker 3: So yeah, ritual is addictive too, Yeah yeah, right, yeah right.
Speaker 4: So you know that's the part when again I say to nine out of ten people in my world and spear are offering this explanation to why they're doing it, and I'm like, I'm not even looking for it. I'm not asking why you're doing it. I'm not I'm not doctor.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of like proactively justifying, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: So far, there's no prohibition on ads. So guess what here they are. We'll be right.
Speaker 3: Back and we're back with Johnny Drinks.
Speaker 2: Guys. I want to jump to a mild addiction maybe that I have that I think a lot of Americans have. Reset In fact, yes, monster get out watching two highly skilled people absolutely fight each other almost to the death in an octagon or a ring or something like that. You recently could because this actually ties back to like Atlantic City and then Vegas and revenue streams. Right, You've recently spoke with Dana White, president of the UFC, and now you know entrepreneur does a whole bunch of things. I'm so fascinated by him and the fertida brothers and that business and how it's grown. Fascinating conversation. If you're interested, go listen to Johnny Drinks podcast and listen to that episode with Dana White. Really good. He he talks about something in there that want to ask you about john This new thing he's got called power slap. I think that's what it's called that. Look, guys to me, do you guys know what this is? Power slaps?
Speaker 4: He heard of? This?
Speaker 5: Is this like an energy drink or no move? What are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: So you're aware of the UFC, right, uh MMA, fighters too and a raw.
Speaker 3: I don't I know what power slap is?
Speaker 5: Okay, I surprise, No, I don't know. I'm not being It's okay.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 5: It's such a big old slap.
Speaker 3: I got that, okay, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So it's two human beings standing across from each other at about arm's length, and literally you take turns slapping the other person as hard as you possibly can, and it's a it's a war of attrition. Whichever person either gets knocked out.
Speaker 5: And you know this, it's an event a jew itself. It's like a micro event basically like it's.
Speaker 3: It's the world's premiere slap fighting promotion.
Speaker 5: Got it? Got it?
Speaker 2: Well, it just makes me think about again social media, right, and we've become so accustomed to like short video chemicks. We get our attention can latch onto something for just a moment, then it's got to go away. This feels like the UFC's answer to rather than three rounds, you know, the last couple of minutes each, you get just some slaps and then it's done and you're good to go. I don't know, just what do you what do you? What do you think about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, instant gratification. I said that Dana White. You know, I watched the reels and the shorts, not even knowing until we sat down with him his investment major into this. I didn't know. I didn't know all that, right, I just I watched it and like you, oh my god. You go to the next video, and then some girls jumping up and down, and you go to next video some guys making a cocktail. So it's like you just keep going and and you know, in that conversation, he said that they have more eyeballs on that right now and views more than all professional sports put together. That's mean to me, is he said, he goes. You have to really let that sink in a little bit, the magnitude of how popular it is, and and that he's just obviously super excited because he's creating this whole venue now for it. But yeah, to your point, listen to the podcast. You got to you got to hear him dive into it. He's so easy to talk to it and he's so good with us. I'm humbled and value his friendship now because he's he likes us and we like him. And it's been you know, three years since I first met him, and he's just shared with us what he can and is as real as what you think you you get with him. You know, what you see is what you get. He's that guy. He'll tell you if he doesn't like it, I'll tell you sorry.
Speaker 6: I'll just watching a clip show of like I guess the trailer for the new season of this thing, and.
Speaker 5: It's pretty jaw dropping.
Speaker 6: I like that the powder their hands up so you get a nice explosion like Chuck, and.
Speaker 3: It's it's they know what they're doing too. There's there are a couple where you see where you see guys obviously get clocked and they deep six to the ground. But but so like with this, this brings us to another thing. Matt brought up the point of so I often call social media as our show is very very active on it, I have to call social media kind of the dopamine casino.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And we know that they're because you know, like you said, it's the instant gratification. Every body of the Brownie is the corner piece right on social media. So the the the one thing I want to ask is there's been a lot of scuttle but a lot of discourse and debate about social media and its short form social media in particular, uh, and possible effects on kids or younger folks in their formative years. What what do you think about that? And I know we're like we'd shows that our show is okay on social media. Your empire is incredibly accomplished there. And I to me, Johnny Drinks feels smart and wholesome, right cool and sincerity. Yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Thank you, And I want I want you to expand upon that because before I answer your question, where you're going with it? And not to cut you off, but tell me, what what do you what do you think our brand is tell me what your your impression is and then finished that thought about the question. Then I'm going to yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: And our answers, all three of our answers may differ here. But for me, what I see is this is a cool family. That's what I mean. Why I say it's wholesome right. The first thing is, look at this a family that actually likes hanging out with each other, which a lot of people don't have, if we're being completely candid. And then there's also this what I My favorite kind of way to communicate education, to educate people is approachable, entertaining stuff like hey, we're not necessarily experts, but learn together with us.
Speaker 5: This is cool.
Speaker 3: Here's the trick I know. So there's nothing condescending there, and condescension I think is a great enemy of education. That's what I would say.
Speaker 4: Good point, all right, cool, all right, So you know your question around and thanks for sharing the thoughts because that matters. And to answer, where we fit in to society? Right? Where this digital playing you know, playground tiktoks, shorts, all this blast of of some of it being just right. The thing that motivates me is I get a chance to educate. I get a chance to be realistic. Right. I'm not a professional bartender, I'm not a mixologist. I'm a home tender. I'm a father, I'm a husband. I don't get everything right. And you know, it's okay if you point out that I did something differently or not by the textbook. But I don't care because the drink still tastes good. My family still loves me. Right, and I wake up with a purpose and I go to at a night putting closure to things. So there's this continual, really gift of an opportunity having conversations like this, meeting with young people and talking to old people about the same subject matter, and knowing whatever small little role I have in social media as it relates to the impressionable younger generation. I'm good with. I'm doing my part. You know. The misnomer here is but it's alcohol. Yeah, you're you're teaching young people drink. I didn't even think about that, No I'm not. Yeah, No, well that's the This is so very very again poignant for me. When my son said we're gonna do these videos. We gotta keep going millions, I might, and he says, Johnny drinks I'm like, why are you gonna call Johnny Drinks? He goes, because you're John, I'm John, We're Johnny and we're drinking. I'm like, okay, whatever. I didn't like the name I got to be I still to this day, and I said to him, can you find another name? Like, why is it going to be Johnny Drinks? Ps. The reason I didn't like it is because of the association of me being a drinker. I'm not a big drinker. I drink more now than I ever did. And that's also on one of our podcasts, If you Wait, my son had my wife on as a guest, so it's it's Mama Rondy and that was a good episode for a lot of reasons. Actually, she's second, I think in views behind Dana White. So she's got He's got like thirty thousand views on the YouTube pod and she's got like two and a half thousand, two point five. But anyway, my point is, you know, we talk about that and that episode that I didn't drink in high school. I didn't drink in college. I started to drink and experiment with drinking when I really joined a country club here that I play golf, ats that was like twenty years ago. So when my son says we're going to be Johnny Drinks, I'm like, find another name, right, Because I was very I'm in the finance world. I was always concerned about image. Takes you takes your lifetime to build and create your image, and takes maybe seconds to lose it, your reputation. It can go like that you do something wrong. So I'm really mindful of what Johnny Drinks brings to, especially the younger people. So any opportunity I get to drop some knowledge how to shine a shoe, how to make a tie, how to make your bed, how to how to how to how to jump start your car, you know, whatever it is, I relish it.
Speaker 3: I love that man, because we're old school. Back before the the idea of podcasts became a thing. We started off at a company called how Stuff Works, and it was just the the perfect job for people like yeah, for people to start sentences with actually at parties, you know, uh, and people who know too much weird trivia. So you know, the idea we've always had is world is both understandable and worth understanding. So that's really meaningful. I'm sorry. I know I should be asking a question. But I'm just now.
Speaker 4: This is great.
Speaker 2: All right, So we're gonna we are going to take a huge left turn. Guys, you ready for this?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Is it okay?
Speaker 4: John?
Speaker 2: You grew up in Jersey? Are you still do you still live in New Jersey?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay. Have you seen the Jersey Devil?
Speaker 4: Oh? Well, well there's when you say, that's so funny, the Jersey Devil. No, I haven't seen the Yo Jersey Devil.
Speaker 5: You probably were exposed to more talk about it than we would.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but what crosses my mind you say that is the New Jersey Devil's mascot, the Jersey Devil. So I see it with the credential center any hockey game. But no, I haven't been the afford to the luxury of seeing the Jersey Devil.
Speaker 3: Let's let's go to it. Let's do Uh. There's a thing that we like to do. And our fellow conspiracy realist in the audience always love to play this game with guests of notes like yourself, sir. We typically about nine times out of ten when we're in an awesome conversation like this, our guests will say, you know, I'm not I don't consider myself like a conspiracy person, and most people do and honestly should not. So what we do find is that pretty much ten times out of ten there's something that people find some sand too. And that's why we like to play a little round robin conspiracy true or false quiz. So we're gonna, yeah, we're gonna fire some stuff at just yes or no? Where do you think let's go with the one you started with, which is part of why we play the state. What do you think about the jfk assassination.
Speaker 4: I think there were many organizations involved. I don't think any one of them could have pulled it off without the help of another. Kay Cia, the mafia. I mean, we know, we know who the Patsy was. I mean, come on, he ballistics and tests and all that stuff I think prove it's almost impossible for Lee Harvey Oswald in the school Book Depository, out the window in a movie. I'm sorry, I don't think that's real, right, I don't think that he did that on his own. The Zapruder film, the angles, the sounds that people heard on the Grassy Knoll, and the law on it. Come on. So that's a shame that it's a shame that all the what happened to all the archives of documents and you know the medical examiner such a.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how Lee Harvey Oswald on one day became a much better marksman than he had been at any other moment for the entirety of his life.
Speaker 5: That bullet split in half. That's a superpower.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, And let's not forget our friend Jack Ruby that that work. Yeah, come on in.
Speaker 2: Man, that's actually there was the where was the metal detectors?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't know, that's that's that's one of my favorite ones. I've actually been to the school book Depository. Just as I was there, I was like, wow, this this is almost I don't know how you could have did this? So pretty cool.
Speaker 2: All right, well let's go let's go to one that's huge. It's like big picture and I don't want to go religious with this, John, So let's steer clear from a religion, just more philosophical. Okay, what happens when we die? It just in your a in where you are right now, like where do you think?
Speaker 4: Well, when we die, life is over and you know your body, putting religion aside your soul, you go back to Earth. It's the recycling process. So physically things become what they need to be. Spiritually, I believe I'm going to heaven, and I think that everyone has their own version of that. Well.
Speaker 6: It is interesting how like, I mean, every every kind of religious ideology is describing something that is, you know, somewhat understandable without religion, you know what I mean. You can, like if we look at it all as like energy transfer, you know, let's just look at it the most basic science. See cannot science fiction a science y way, Like everything energy has to go somewhere. Whatever is in us that makes us, you know, what we are is some form of energy, whether that dissipates back into you know, in the form of heat for example, or just in the form of like it goes back into the earth. We know that our bodies, uh if you know, not completely embalmed and put in a weird casket. Okay, that's some letting my own biases show there, you know, go back to the Earth and could conceivably become part of that cycle of like decay and creation that is life, you know, And I think that's cool, and it's a little annoying to me. They make it really hard to just do that naturally, and then you have to get like special permission and all this stuff. I think involving is kind of duelish, you know, and it's sort of counter to this whole thing. But whatever a soul is, you know, it's some form of energy, and I think it dissipates. And if there are you know, traces of things, whether it be like memories or the idea of hauntings, I think that's just remnants of energy that kind of you know, fill up a place where a lot of things have happened, a lot of people have passed, for example.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, like the the idea of energy is still I mean, there are several forms of energy there's still not understood by modern science.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: For I let me be careful. I don't want to just talk about my personal beliefs here. But maybe a good analogy would be a song you hear, a song that you really enjoy, and the notes in there, the E sharp or what have you, they the concept of them does not this appear, you know, So there's there's a there's a there's an interesting thing there if we took it more more stuff they want you to know, picking up on what you were saying, nol. However, we define that kind of stuff, some sort of persistence of energy, if such exists. Have you do you feel like you've ever had something that might be considered a paranormal encounter, like a vision of a ghost or some kind of entity that that at least you couldn't explain.
Speaker 4: So no, oh yes maybe, Uh here's why.
Speaker 5: It sounds like, here's why.
Speaker 4: Here's why. Personally, firsthand, my eyeballs, uh, my body, you know, movements and no. But my wife and my friends, yes, So through them, I believe that I believe that those things exist. My wife and my friend are certain, and they've given specific examples and times where it's occurred. So I'm again, I'm an easy guy to kind of sell to, right, I said it earlier, like, give me some facts. I'll listen and give me some so I believe them, And so why why don't I just I'm not going to discount that at all. There's those whole sorts of energy forms out there.
Speaker 3: It's like you you know, it's it's similar to the argument, I mean, this is imperfect, but it's similar to saying I've never been to Australia but but I know pe like I trust the people who have right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but does the water go the opposite way?
Speaker 3: You know, it's one of It's on my bucket list. Man, I'm going to be I'm going to be in the lane. Yeah, you're in the plane. When we cross over, I'm gonna flush and yeah, we'll figure out.
Speaker 4: I've heard people say that's not true, that's that's falls.
Speaker 5: And what if you flush right when you're getting to the crossover point?
Speaker 3: Is that's what I say, that.
Speaker 5: Flushing the water because it's the turning point.
Speaker 3: Okay, while we're on the Parado one more, there is a quick one extraterrestrials visiting Earth, however defined.
Speaker 4: Yes, No, I'm thinking I'm thinking area fifty one. I'm thinking, you know, I don't know. That's a tough one for me. Again, I would say, yes, there is, but I'm not gonna go talking about it or go intently looking for it and and listening to Again, you bring someone in front of me that can give me some information, maybe factual and substantial. I want to hear about it, so I will ever say no, I won't say never.
Speaker 3: Show me the alien says John, Yeah, I'm by the call.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't want just a lump of a pile of mashed potatoes that you form into you know, this this extra you know thing that you believe, you know from the universe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he busted us. Yeah, it is a pile of mashed potatoes.
Speaker 2: I got one last one, I promise. Okay, So you've had all this experience in the financial sector and you've you've dealt with you know, you yourself are a very important person in that world, and you've dealt with a lot of important people in that world. There is often this conception that the most wealthy and powerful people in the world do work together and they have they get in these groups like we talked about, like the Illuminati, and there's a real fear maybe of that or maybe a fascination with that concept in the public. Just I mean, if you were a part of the Illuminati, you couldn't tell us John, And that's fine. But what I mean is, like, do you ever oh, okay, we got that, guys. No, I'm just but like have you you're talking about country club Often I think about country clubs of the world as being the closest thing to like an illuminati, because it's just people who you know, get together and hang out and they're often influential people. Yeah, do you like, have you seen anything like that where it's just like, Wow, this feels a little off or does it? What do you what do you think?
Speaker 4: Well? I think so the word country club has this stereotype. Every time I say country club, I think I think it's blue bloods with scarves and mucking it up. And if you saw the guys that hang around with at my country club, first of all, you wouldn't believe it. These guys are having way too much fun, and it doesn't it just doesn't add up. The optics of it just don't add up because it's just a group of guys self in my case, self made guys. These aren't This is not generational wealth that's handed down. And you know, I didn't grow up at a country club. My father, blue collar, worked thirty years in American airlines, made fifty thousand dollars. I think at its highest point, right his highest incum maybe been sixty thousand dollars. The point is, this is just a group of guys and found this convenience in our backyard, in our sandbox here in the town and the community we live in. And when I tell you, and I'm going to kind of I don't know if I'm getting off subject here, but so that country club. You can belong to a country club for five thousand dollars. Okay, that's a lot of money, but it's not like it's five hundred thousand dollars for only the affluent, wealthy, wealthy wealthy. Okay. So to back to your kind of your question, Matt, is you know, so here we are a group of guys and there's a lot of multiples and layers of these people that are just using this place as they're sandbox and you know, a place to recreationally either have dinner or you know, play golf or in my case, they play paddle, they play pickle, they play tennis. I mean, it's just a really a great location. And when you can hang with somebody for an extended period of time, it's like anything else. What do you do for living? What do you do for living? Oh, you're a landscape great, I want to do a patio. Will you help me? Sure? Let's get that guy he does mason work. Let's get this guy. That's how it works, and that's the way It works in every layer and decibel as you go higher and high or hire through where you want to go. You want to go to government, you want to go to Wall Street, you want to go. That's the way it is in the world. So yeah, I mean, it's just a shame if it gets out of control and people abuse it. But that's American read for you too. Like a whole other conversation.
Speaker 3: Okay, job, we're gonna we're gonna hit you with one that's uh, not a yes or no question. Really here it is. Did you know that there is a genuine conspiracy about glitter? Like arts and crafts glitter?
Speaker 4: I know the I know the bedazzle craze. You can.
Speaker 3: Though, well, uh, while back we found out that there's a genuine like we find conspiracies, actual ones all throughout the world, very different from the theories. And while back we learned that there is a massive conspiracy in the world of glitter and and Noel, do you want to you want to kick the facts?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's one of our favorites. I mean, just the idea that you know, who's buying all the glitter. There's like a finite number of plants, let's call them our manufacturing interests that their job is to create different colors of glitter.
Speaker 5: This is like a thing.
Speaker 6: But they obviously are selling it to companies like Crayola that might make slime making kits or whatever. You know, Elmer is rather making these like glitter slime and whatever our arts and crafts of it all. But their top I think maybe two uh you know, I guess customers, let's call them clients, are secret, are.
Speaker 5: Very purposefully obscured.
Speaker 6: And these companies when you speak to like a rep of like some of the largest glitter manufacturers, they won't tell you who these customers are. So of course, you know, in a vacuum of information, Yeah, this stuff kind of thrives, you know, the speculation glitter.
Speaker 2: Most of the glitter is manufactured in Jersey, Jersey.
Speaker 5: And Jersey of course.
Speaker 6: You know, he made a face, but you know, And in looking into this, we discovered that there are a couple of options and most likely, uh, it is something to do with military and something a concept called micro taggants. That's basically like if you use a certain brand of taser, when you ploy that taser, it will leave behind these little traces that are basically like kind of tiny cuts of plastic. You can maybe call it more confetti than glitter, but it still comes from the same kind of operation. That way, you can figure out what the It's sort of like, you know, rifling on a gun barrel, so you can kind of do forensics to figure out where the bullet came from, so you can solve the crime. Only this is like solving the taste crime. So why there's there's a reason bringing this up?
Speaker 3: As you know, as Bath said, this is in Jersey and John, we know you're very busy, but we'd like to put you on the case. You know, in the country club of this podcast, we're hanging out and we're just we're just four guys and one of us happens to be from Jersey, so we're saying, hey, man, yeah, will be on the case. We're kidding this.
Speaker 2: I have one I have one real last question. It is aynesw Or no question. Did we go to the Moon?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Easy, you're not asking.
Speaker 4: You mean.
Speaker 3: We faked the footage of the moon landing. But for budget purposes, it was cheaper to go to the Moon and fake it.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 3: That's that's how it works. John, Thank you so much for coming on the show today. Uh, this is like we said at the top, this is a continuing conversation that started in Texas, and uh we're going to continue it. Uh, we're going to continue it in the future very much. Hopefully everybody check out the Johnny Drinks podcast. You already know about them on social media. There it is, Uh, look at that.
Speaker 4: This is I just got the This is a corehole beam bagne.
Speaker 3: You can also learn more on Johnny Drinks dot com. Uh, you can check out there's a we're talking about the origin story. There was an interview I quite liked on vuying pair dot com that talks a little bit about that legendary first video.
Speaker 4: Old that one. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Do check it out and tell us how the steaks are. Folks over there at tell Frisco. H John, Where can people learn? In addition, where can people learn more about you guys, your work, your upcoming projects and so on.
Speaker 4: I think the podcast is the best way because it's just long and form like this, we get to talk about it and the other stuff is just entertainment, right, it's the short little bursts. So, like you said, the instant gratification of the of the tiktoks and the YouTube a little longer. But yeah, listen, I appreciate you guys. This was excellent. I'd love to do it again. I'm going to find out what I can about glitter and I'm going to just continue. Maybe I could do it a drink with glitter. No, no, I just I don't know. Maybe's something will pop out of it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, we we missed seeing your son John and Uncle Steve. We're you know, we miss seeing those guys.
Speaker 4: So we'll get something. Well, thank you, I'll pass that along.
Speaker 3: See look at that. You know what I love about this, about this conspiracy quiz we do at the end, you guys, no matter who it is, every time, there's at least one thing right where they they don't don't buy the official narrative.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, definitely. You know. I am a little saddened we didn't get to talk to Johnny, I guess John's son for this episode, or Uncle Steve that we met a little while see. Oh, but it was great to talk with John and just to get a little bit of his backstory and hear his take on things. I think just his you know, his knowledge in the financial sector. And just the experience he's had there was really revealing, hopefully for all of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and some of the stuff he has conveyed may indeed be prescient in some upcoming adventures of stuff they don't want you to know, especially the financial aspects. And I don't know, you know what we should do. Let's just tell everybody how to get in contact with us. If you know what really went down with the JFK assassination and you have been holding off because you just haven't found the right people to talk with about it, we can't wait to hear from you. We try to be easy to find online Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, We've got a pretty awesome YouTube channel. Still, let's see that's conspiracy stuff show on Instagram, conspiracy stuff on YouTube. And hey, if you listen to our earlier episodes on big Data and you don't sip the social meds, never fear, you can call us directly on our handy telephone number.
Speaker 2: Yes, our phone number is one eight three three SWYTK. If you choose to call in, we highly recommend you put that number in your phone as a contact, just in case the shadow lurks back. I don't know just in case you get a call back from the number, you'll see and you'll know that it's us when you do call in, because you're going to give yourself a cool nickname, not your government name. You've got three minutes. Please let us know in that message if we can use your name and message on the air, and that's really that's really it. If you want to send more that can fit in that three minute message, why not instead send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 3: We are conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Stuff they don't want you to know. Is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.