Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Stattebeck along with Carol Master. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with us is Bloomberg Television Markets correspondent Nora Melenda Nor are you're watching some big ones today?
Speaker 3: So many tech stocks really in focus this entire week, But we're looking at shars of Apple today. Let's take your AAPL and they are seeing them rallying earlier but then pairing into the red. But we're now about unchanged here, just above flat. But this is after the company reported a strong holiday outlook, but they did talk about a sales decline in China, so that has definitely been weighing here on the stock. Is a lot of the street just really tries to grapple with what is going on here in the earnings and parsing it piece by piece here. But I mean they were seeing a lot of the newer iPhones is what actually lifted some of the metrics here.
Speaker 2: So that's around big time bouncing market, but it like sold after earnings came out, and then it bounced back.
Speaker 1: Some comments, you know, all over the map CFO made or that Apple was putting out essentially to different publications that talked about, hey, actually we are going to see some growth this quarter.
Speaker 2: Right today, we're not so impressed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't seem to be too impressant. Now into the rate red and we're bopping around, really bouncing all over the map right now as people really just trying to get an idea of what they feel about it.
Speaker 1: I was just looking at what it's done for the week overall. I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: Let's pull it up. I know, I'm just kind of in that mood.
Speaker 1: Three and quarter percent higher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, long term, long term, okay, all right, just another mag seven Amazon.
Speaker 3: Okay, this has definitely been an outperformer here among all the mag seven stocks. Of course, this has really been one of the biggest gainers in the S and P five hundred as well. Tick our am z in we're seeing shares rallying for double digit gains earlier, up for the highest level on record. Really just a stellar day for the company here. So really people have been looking a lot in the cloud segment here, of course, aws really in focus a thirty three billion dollar revenue that was reported here. The revenue is up twenty percent higher than what we saw last year. So you really are seeing the street really just feeling a little bit more comfortable or a little bit less stressed out about fears of an AI bubble, at least in particular for this company here. For Amazon, Yeah, for Amazon. I mean, if you think about it versus Meta, what we just got yesterday, everyone was thinking about.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm so wacky that AI spend.
Speaker 2: We just talked, you know, we've talked with.
Speaker 1: A lot of folks, Yeah, about and the perception and how investors, you know, reacted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the same for all the companies.
Speaker 3: So just picking at each of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also on your radar today is Netflix stock that's firmly in the green.
Speaker 3: Firmly in the green, and this is after the company announced a ten for one stock split.
Speaker 1: I'm going to talk about this in just a second, are we go? Yeah, I'm going to get on my hey horse, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Tim, I can't wait. But I mean, of course, this is a stock where each share is more than one thousand dollars it's been quite expensive lofty here, but I mean the company is essentially just going to be making a bit more affordable for its employees stock options. And of course the bid here that we do know and focus has really been about Netflix exploring a bid for Warner Brothers studio Warner brother Discovery, So that's also been something that the street has really been digesting here. We're looking at shares up about three percent so far, but twenty five percent on the year.
Speaker 2: For to go here, we go.
Speaker 1: I didn't have time to talk about this with Laura Marred when we interviewed her. If you missed, I know, I didn't have time to put like to give my two cents. Okay, we're listening. But what did she say?
Speaker 2: She likes it.
Speaker 1: She said it makes it more accessible to me. My response to that, if I had time and now I do good would have been, well, it's already very accessible on stock on retail trading platforms such as Robinhood.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: In fact, when I was talking about this yesterday after they announced this, and I said there's no fundamental change to the stock with a stock split it, I got a text message from somebody listening to our show who said, I just bought twenty dollars of Amazon using robinhood. And it doesn't mean the share price doesn't matter, because interesting these days, you can buy fractional shares of stock. You can say I want fifty dollars of Apple. Why fractional owners like I don't have the answer to retail do that.
Speaker 2: But in retail, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Instead of just cobbling together, you know, five hundred and sixty four dollars for said stock, put fifty dollars toward a stock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a lot easier. We need some more viewers to weigh in. I'm curious anecdotally, and.
Speaker 1: Like I always whenever I talk about this second pushback, you know, for the option stuff. Yeah, and you know, and also for inclusion in certain industries. It's it's price is important, but fundamentally nothing change changes about the stock. But Laura Martin liked it.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, are you done? I'm done? All right, good stuff, So.
Speaker 2: Tell me everybody the Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market move being headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.