Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Messer along with Tim Stanwick. Let's get a look at some stocks on the move. Here to do that is Bloomberg News Equities reporter Thetalia Kenny Javich, and she joins us here in studio. Good to have you here with US Semiconductors. They are definitely on the move to the upside.
Speaker 3: Exactly so shares of Intel the tickets im TC are up by almost thirteen percent. So the Information reported that Alphabet's Google will rely on about three million chips by twenty twenty eight. We still don't know if those chips will be manufactured by Intel or packaged by Intel. Some analysts are actually seeing that that could be a pretty big risk for a company like Alphabet to rely on Intel in terms of production of such a big amount of chips by twenty twenty eight. But again, of course, we know that this move comes as TSMC just can't keep up with this huge demand for chips, and we also see that it's been reflected in the stock price, Intel is up by almost four hundred and forty percent on twelve months basis, So we'll see how this plays out. And again with these big ambitious plans from Intel to produce chips here.
Speaker 1: Right, that has been a really big initiative for Intel in terms of really boosting its manufacturing business. Right, actually the manufacturing of chips exactly.
Speaker 3: But again, like analysts I spoke with are saying that potentially the first few orders will be packaged. They will deliver chips from TSMC, package it here in the US and sell to customers. How far away we are from the moment when Intel will start producing we still don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, Intel a stock that is moving higher, not every stock though moving higher. You're looking at an energy firm that's in the red today.
Speaker 3: Yes, which is actually quite interesting. The ticket for that one is Frvo. This Ferval Energy. This is the company that went public in May. It was really very very well received at the stock jump by almost thirty five percent when it started treating. So the company also raised about two billion dollars. Now today we got analysts' initiations, most of them. I'm looking at an R function on Bloomberg terminal are by ratings, the price target for twelve months is sitting at forty six dollars per share. The stock is now at thirty four. However, analysts also say that again like demand is there. So this is a geothermal company, which means that they derive energy from Earth, and it's been not really popular over the past few years because it's been very expensive.
Speaker 4: Well pretty wild moves today. I mean it's up as much as three point seven percent earlier in the session, now down seven point six percent, down as seven point eight percent, So yeah, quite a slang.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but anyway, we also should point out that despite the fact that it has really big agreements with customers like Shell or Google, this business is still unprofitable. We saw when the company reported earnings that net loss was sitting around seventy million dollars and it was wider than a year ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's just again another form of energy or producing energy. But it does feel like it's taking a while to take off. And as we said, you can see investors hesitation, there's buying, they're selling some dramatic swings in today's session. Hey, now let's switch on over to Avis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this stock the ticker for that one is car. The shares are by almost five percent today. We saw an upgrade from Berkley. So analysts are saying that they saw some positive fundamentals in the first quarter. They expect them to continue in the second quarter. They also see some potential guidance rades. However, guys, we should keep in mind that this is a very heavily shorted stock. Just before this segment, I checked with S three Partners. This is the company that compiles data on short selling. They told me that about thirty percent of all flowed is now shortened. We saw that this stock has been all over the place, really volatile on a year today basis, however, it's up by fifty or forty six percent. And another thing that I'm keeping an eye the biggest share of revenue for Avis comes from the US. We have the World Cup, and that could also potentially be kind of you know, tailwind.
Speaker 4: Don't drive to the game. I'm at I went right, yeah, getting it expensive train.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app MHM.