Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer, an Imheart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Looking at today's rundown, I got really excited because I was a huge Saved by the Bell fan. Oh so good, same, and like if I would have I actually it's fun funny my mom, which is I don't understand. But when I was I can't remember how old I was, but I remember I couldn't watch Saved by the Bell for a couple of years or like maybe it was like a year.
Speaker 3: They were a little older than us, right, a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, but no, I remember my mom being like, oh, you can't watch It might have been like in the beginning, but then it became my favorite show of all time.
Speaker 1: It's like all we watch, well that in full house. But yeah, I mean it was like totally the.
Speaker 3: I'm totally blinking. What's the cafetine or the bayside the diner called? Oh I keep thinking peach pit and that's not correct.
Speaker 2: Don't know. Yeah, I actually don't remember.
Speaker 3: Yes we should the ultimate phone of friend, I.
Speaker 4: Know.
Speaker 2: But it's weird because I like she was just I mean, Tiffany was like the goddess. It's like she still is, I mean she really is, but like her and Mark, I mean, well, you know, I know, but like they're just the relationship that you just are like, I mean, like she was just beautiful and the cheerleader. But I'm like, oh god, we're interviewing her, like I would have never thought, have you met her?
Speaker 5: Book?
Speaker 1: And I was like, wait a second in life, you've never met her.
Speaker 2: Or met her?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: So I'm really excited because she's still just so beautiful. She's got a cookbook coming out called Here we Go Again Cookbook. It's her second one.
Speaker 1: I love that title, here we Go Again.
Speaker 2: I don't know much about her personal life though, do you guys know?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: Actually I feel like she's I think she's pretty private, stayed out.
Speaker 1: Well let's get in there. Let's just I don't know.
Speaker 2: If anyone can.
Speaker 3: She thinks she's coming in to talk about a recipe.
Speaker 2: All right, what's up? How's everyone doing? Little check in, little check e check time?
Speaker 1: I'm good over here, You're always good. I'm good. I'm just busy. That's always a gamble with y'all. Who's crying down to doing?
Speaker 3: Already dead? So I'm going to cross that off the list. Try I don't know to hormones postpartu. I'm sure this morning. Yeah, I was in traffic for quite some time.
Speaker 1: I saw that that looked bad. Is that going to school? That morning's rough? Is it not like that every day?
Speaker 3: No, it's fine. I just think the leveling out of the hormones is always a little tricky, if I'm just being honest.
Speaker 2: Sure, they say it takes a year to get back.
Speaker 1: That's crazy because no one gives you a year, you know what I mean, like a year or two. He gives you a year to be normal.
Speaker 3: No, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I just feel like uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: You're so cute. It's so hard.
Speaker 2: I did not really not. I just I get to like I'm just everything swollen and like I'm just really like I'm just uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: How many weeks are we Twenty eight is.
Speaker 1: Very so crazy, I know, so pretty to me.
Speaker 2: I just thanks.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm not going to say thanks.
Speaker 2: But I do my glue coast test this week. So but and then we'll see the baby, and then we're touring the hospital, which I'm really excited about.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, So but there's just yeah, I just I'm like I don't know how to sit because I'm like, this is leaning back. It's just weird. It's just feels uncomfortable. But it's fine. So happy, miracle, so happy, so happy.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy.
Speaker 5: I'm lifting here.
Speaker 3: I'm like my postpartum hormones and driving man.
Speaker 1: So, you know what, I was just thinking about last week's episode. The pole were really upset and passionate about our take on the whole living in the same house together still situation. Really I didn't look, I know, I just I just scott a few like on the wind Down podcast, just like because here I want to go. You know what, we didn't have enough information because they did buy the house together. Both their names are on it, and it was kind of like why did she have to move out? Why not him?
Speaker 4: Mmm?
Speaker 1: I was like, oh but interesting. So I was like, so sorry, I just don't think we had all the information.
Speaker 2: No no one ever.
Speaker 1: Does though, Well that's what I was saying. Then. I was like, I feel like we're missing a part of this puzzle.
Speaker 3: Like no one ever does full Bravo TV shows about things, and we never have the information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's from a next Road ruler.
Speaker 2: That's a good lesson though, because everything on all you're seeing is just like, oh, she's not moving out because they're cats and dogs exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm like, we literally read the article that was we did what and we people do? Yeah, we absolutely did. I was like, oh, well, we're all important.
Speaker 3: We are asked to chime in, and so we chimed. I am always the first to tell you I know nothing about what's going on in the world.
Speaker 1: I just think it's funny that when I first saw the like I was upset about this episode, I was like, oh, no, what did we do?
Speaker 3: But that's what they were upset about. I thought that was like, guys didn't even hate on Tom enough.
Speaker 5: What it was.
Speaker 1: People are passionate about that.
Speaker 3: Like, I think it's a given that we all don't like Tom all in favor and not looking Tom say I I I.
Speaker 1: The way, what did we do?
Speaker 2: And also I think and no, and I think okay, like it's time to Yeah, it's okay, like he deserves I don't want everyone to be like canceled.
Speaker 1: Oh I kind of want him to be canceled a little. Again. I don't like that word. Well, he wasn't a good guy.
Speaker 2: But doesn't mean that someone just because you make mistakes doesn't mean you should be canceled, just like my action be canceled, just like someone who says something wrong. You shouldn't be canceled for something. When we're all human, we all make mistakes, mistakes.
Speaker 3: I don't really want him canceled it just when I'm like paused for a while.
Speaker 2: But again I think. I mean, I hear you enter in the Great Debate, Okay, do I totally hear you. I just also think their lives are under a microscope.
Speaker 1: I know this.
Speaker 2: So there are so many things that we do on a daily basis that if people's lives were under a microscope, everybody would be getting paused.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, in every genre.
Speaker 5: Categories.
Speaker 2: So like what he did, I'm not saying again, I'm not defending Kellyan or Tom. I'm just saying like everyone deserves like like he does.
Speaker 3: Messed up pr person, that's for sure, because his first public apology was about the business.
Speaker 2: No I agree all of it was like I don't I don't like, I don't like any of that stuff. I get it, and it's like we're all just like human.
Speaker 3: Well, I just have to be on the Tom's and Asks train for a minute so that I can get some of my people back.
Speaker 2: I know, have you guys watched Painkiller? I started and now okay we just finished it last night, and it's so wildly disturbing. It just breaks my heart. It's so and they still prescribe oxy cotton, which just even wake blows my mind even more. But it's a great show directed by Peter Berg, Taylor Kitchen is in it, some amazing actors. What's not a documentary, right, No, it's a mini series six? What's his face from?
Speaker 1: Uh? Jessica?
Speaker 2: I mean, what's her name from Sex and the City? Oh?
Speaker 1: S JP?
Speaker 2: Yeah, her husband's and Matthew, Matthew Roderick, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: So it's good.
Speaker 2: It's just so good, but so disturbing. How like they literally lied saying there's a one percent addiction rate with oxy cotton, and like that was the biggest lie ever And it's like it just makes me just get really angry with things that come out on media and press when they're just run their story is narrative, when it's like that's actually not even true. I mean, like all these people we know, like three hundred thousand people died over the oxyconton opioid like epidemic that happened, and people still continue messed, and.
Speaker 3: A lot of them are young and they knew what they were doing too.
Speaker 2: I'm like the show was just like I mean, they knew like it was addictive.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like you kind of know that that goes on, but like, I mean, I definitely feel like I'm a person that knows that goes on with them watching the show. It's like, man, just to like watch it and see it and see I don't know, it's just it's mind blowing.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what's interesting about it too is they were saying like a lot of the people that were selling the drug, like the drug reps are like, it's the it's the the drug addicts that are the ones that are abusing it. It's like, no, when someone hurt their back and they're over prescribing like the milligram, like of course, someone is like, they're not. They didn't start on an addict. They started it out with the back pain.
Speaker 1: Right now they don't know how to look at it and now.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, and now they're like, you know, going crazy to have it. So I'm like, because it's now it's more than one percent addictive and which we were talking about that. I was like, if you ever, you know, take an oxycodone or any of those other things, and I know they give you oxy after the C section, they give coton.
Speaker 1: Oh what's the other name for it? Then oh, I can't think of that Codine's that's not what I got.
Speaker 2: And then after your boob job too, they give you I mean, it's it's not it's a what are the other at least? But those ones like they just mess.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't like them. I don't like the way that I feel on any of things. So I'm always just like, give me the eight hundred milligrams of advil because I'm like, I don't like how I feel on those things. Are you googling it?
Speaker 1: I am because I also have a story about.
Speaker 2: This, okay, so because I remember the last time I took it with Jase and it might might be oxycodone, it's it's one of those like Percocet's. Oh no, see I got the oxycodone with Jace. I never had a percocet, but I don't. I just don't like it. I'm just like give me. I'm like, give me the advil, please, like the I'm like the I feel.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't know if it's because maybe I just have a low tolerance or I don't really take like medicine medicine, but anything I take, I feel it so strongly, so quickly.
Speaker 1: So one of them makes me really sick. I had one when I was younger. I think it's oxy codons, isn't that It made me real sick to my stomach. And I had after like a surgery when I was younger, and maybe I get them very confused. I do know though, after c sections, I got percocets. Well, rewind to you know, my mother is a recovering pill addict.
Speaker 6: And how did she start that? Over the counter drugs from over the counter like which ones, percocets and other things, lots of things given okay, sorry.
Speaker 2: By a doctor for pain.
Speaker 1: Yes, she has arthritis in her hands. That's how I started.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well this must like hit home then yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 1: There's a lot and so she starts okay, and so she just started taking a lot of things. But when we found all of them, it was like the same doctor on so yes, I mean obviously that doctor got in trouble, but that doctor just kept prescribing kept prescribing. She did other things with it, you know, like sleeping pills and stuff like that. But the percocets, so I did take them after all of my c sections. I never finished a whole thing, but I always because I'm scared too, because I mean, I will never forget after Emmy. After I had Emmy, so eleven years ago, I you know, was still kind of taking them and I got mastitis really bad, like I was puking in the shower. I was, you know whatever, And I was like, Nick, go get the percocets. I'd already stopped taking them, but I was like, I'm in so much pay, and go get the percocets. And it said you could take one or two, and I will just never as long as I live, forget the feeling of taking those two percocets. It was I loved the feeling and that was the problem. Yeah, I was just like coming. It was just like I went from I felt like I was dying to just like sew it. Oh my god, Oh my god. And I was like, you're gonna need to take these and throw them in the get rid of them, because I was so scared that I liked that feeling and I was like, nope, like, cannot have those. I mean it numbs you out a little bit. It was amazing. Yeah, I mean it definitely took the pain and it did all that. But it's scary because it's just so like I could just in that moment, I was like, this is how people get addicted. I easily could do this again tomorrow night and just be relaxed. And I mean that's just the reality. Like I could tell how easy it would be, like.
Speaker 2: The glass of wine, like HYDI relax, So what might as well just take this little pill and go.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. So it's just from then on I was like, okay, so I would take them. I never felt like I didn't have the control over it ever. Sure, so she'd give them to me, and I would, you know, take until I felt like I needed to, and then I would stop. So I never finished a whole bottle. But yeah, I was like, okay, these have got to get out of the house. I mean it's scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like taking anything at all. I remem have a hard time taking Thailand all those things which I didn't like taking lexupro. But I will say when I got my boob job and they gave me diazepam that stuff. I was like, this is amazing. And I was like, oh, this is like Lester, that was Easter, Janna that Jana. So it's a muscle slash anxiety medicine okay.
Speaker 1: And I was like yeah, like you know, like that's but didn't give up.
Speaker 2: But it was again one of those things where I was just like it, you know, I was like this, I can see it's I don't like get take it out, get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like to feel out of control my body.
Speaker 2: I think just why I've never touched a drug. That's I'm so scared. Like I've seen the amount of people that I've like I can name the names of people that I was like in Los Angeles, like they were doing cocaine. I'm like, I can't touch it. I won't. I just I'm so such a control freak that I'm like I don't. And also like I always wanted to like tell my kids, I was like, I've never done a drug. I'm cool, you know, but also like you know, don't don't do that stuff, especially nowadays that's terrifying with like the fentanyl stuff. But I'm like I just don't. Yeah, I don't like feeling out of control. I don't. I mean the other day Alan got stung by a wasp and I was like, if that was me, i'd be hyper like I can't breathe, like because I think anything is going to like kill you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I'm married to one of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: You should see his arm though, it's like it's two sizes.
Speaker 1: Something's going back on.
Speaker 3: This is not really worth noting, but something is going on with bugs. I don't know if it's everywhere or here, but like my kids are getting big and it is like welt like I'm trying around them because I'm nervous of what it could be or what it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what were we going to say though about pills?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I also watched the effects of that in my own life with my dad.
Speaker 1: Was he in on everything? Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 3: But it is really slippery slope and I for some reason, I feel like it is. For some reason, it feels I don't I don't know how to frame this. So just not for vadom with this, but like socially acceptable because they're prescribed or something like I feel like they are they think that they're not doing something harmful because they're prescribed or well.
Speaker 1: Also, like when I was watching it, I was like, I can't imagine being in his position.
Speaker 2: Whose position?
Speaker 1: The guy who hurt his back, Oh Taylor's character in the show, Like that has to be so painful. What else are you going to do? Like, you can't blame them for taking something because they're in so much pain. And when you're in pain, you're grouchy. But he can't he couldn't even like function, especially with back pain. It's very common. And I actually had a girl up to high school with who died later who had back problems. Pain, you know, pills, all the things, but you're in so much pain, it's almost kind of like your life is terrible over here, or it's and I'm not saying that to defend it in any way, but like you almost can't live. Some people almost can't live a normal life looking for relief as well, yeah, yeah, they don't have the relief.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like people and I think they originally prescribed her for people that a lot of pain during cancer. So it's like people that you know, just needed that to live, but like be you know, pain free. So sorry, we went down that path. I just was, like, it was just I was just so upset last night after we finished it.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched it.
Speaker 2: It's a great show, though.
Speaker 1: Just I've kind of taken it slow. I just get right now.
Speaker 3: So I'm just watching some lighter things for the time being.
Speaker 1: But I'll pin it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, let's let's flip it. Let's talk about foods because we're gonna get Tiffany Fisan on the show and she's going to talk about her new cookbook. Here we go again, and because honestly, food is where like what really drives the body and helps the body and all those things, so nourish, nourish. Take a break and we'll get her.
Speaker 5: On how are you guys?
Speaker 2: We're good?
Speaker 5: How are you? We're good?
Speaker 1: Let me just have moment. I just can't believe it. I have my moment.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: Do you just look at girls our age in our forties and just go, oh crap. I don't want to talk to them because they just see they just see.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm only going to call you Tiffany, but you need to know where you live in my heart forever and you matter.
Speaker 4: I mean That's what's hard, because I have some people who are Kelly and some people who are very much a Valerie.
Speaker 5: So I don't know where you stand. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, Kelly, don't worry.
Speaker 3: Kelly, I say we should just move in and saved by the bell.
Speaker 2: I got it, well, no, because I was. I was telling them earlier. I remember. I mean, obviously we all grew up watching the show and stuff, and last Christmas, Mario Lopez was one of my co stars, like we were. He was my love interest from our last movie, and I just remember, like it's just when you grow up just idolizing people, characters on a show.
Speaker 5: It was just like, yeah, that's people you watch that you feel like you're a part of their lives. You know.
Speaker 4: It's funny people say this, but Aaron Spelling taught me a long time ago that people who are on TV feels even more. There's more of a connection because you're in their living room. Where people when you go and see movies and movie stars, when they're on big screens and you're going to.
Speaker 5: A movie theater, they feel a little less touchable.
Speaker 4: I guess, you know, in a way where people who you know were in your living room on a weekly basis, feel much more a part of your, part of your family almost, you know.
Speaker 2: When we were talking to before the show, I feel like you've done a really good job staying pretty private in your public life, and just in I don't ever see like I've never seen like the headlines or the family. So I don't know you, just like you, you seem to lead a very like private, like hash like normal. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think I'm overly private.
Speaker 4: I mean I share, you know, it's I know some people don't even share their kids on socials and stuff, and I totally respect that.
Speaker 5: But I don't know, maybe maybe I'm just boring.
Speaker 1: I hear no drama and I like that.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm not.
Speaker 4: I definitely yeah, I have As I'm almost reaching fifty, I don't have the energy for the drama anymore, and I wasn't even back then, but I'm even less now.
Speaker 1: How many kids do you have?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 5: I have two?
Speaker 2: You have too, okay?
Speaker 1: A boy and girl?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I want to beach. I have a teenager that's thirteen, a girl and an eight year old boy.
Speaker 2: So okay, So as I'm I'm going to be forty in December, and I feel like it's just I'm very excited for forty, but as you're nearing fifty, or is there something that's like, what's different between turning forty versus turning fifty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will you so, And I'm actually kind of surprised at even feeling like this. But I feel even more settled and not as nervous about reaching fifty. I don't know why you think I would be than I was turning forty. I was much more nervous about forty. I was much more nervous about looking a certain way, feeling a certain way. And it's also I look back, and I think the reason why I was a little more unsettled is because I was still in that beginning stages of just having babies, right, So I feel like hormonally, I was kind of still all over the place, and you know, I wasn't settled back into like feeling like me again.
Speaker 5: I also probably wasn't spending a lot of time on me.
Speaker 4: I was spending more time on my children and also trying to navigate the difference between you know the time of like putting into work and shooting and you know, making sure I still was there for my kids and you know, all that kind of stuff. So it was a lot of push and pull and a lot of like, you know, I'm here, I'm here, I'm here where Now my kids are a little more subtle than thirteen and eight. Now, you know, it's not that they don't need as much, but they kind of don't need as much right physical me, and I'm able to put a little more time back into me and make me a bigger priority again.
Speaker 5: I guess, I would say.
Speaker 4: And so I think that has a lot to do with the fact that I'm I'm feeling much more subtled, much more.
Speaker 5: Okay with turning fifty.
Speaker 1: I think that's to me beautiful.
Speaker 3: That's actually like those words are just kind of a gift, even to me personally today because I just had a baby three months ago and forty one.
Speaker 1: So I'll be forty two in January, and I was.
Speaker 5: Forty one with my second one, and it's you know, like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm eleven weeks till my due date, so I'm and I'm going to be forty like well now they've moved out, like my du date. But yeah, it's like I've got've done honestly at this point. But yeah, go ahead what you were saying.
Speaker 3: No, it's just like it is that it's that like I don't know, just a little hope from not the other side, but the light at the end of the time.
Speaker 5: But I am on the other side. I'm totally on the other side.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we feel a little late, you know, like have we both had a word? Yeah, And it's later than most of our Yeah, even with cat, like five kids are breaking into the school.
Speaker 1: High school, middle school, and elementary school.
Speaker 5: So I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: I'm right there with you, which is so fun. Like I love these ages, I love all that. But you're right like y'all are still you know, the baby stage and which I do miss starting over. Yeah, there's moments. I missed that stage too, I do, but but I'm but it's not there. I'm done, you know.
Speaker 4: And so I am on the other side, and so I think being able to put myself a little bit higher on the list again, it's kind of nice, and it's it's I feel very subtled.
Speaker 5: I'm excited to turn fifty. I know that's crazy, but I'm totally okay with it.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's great.
Speaker 4: I think I was still a little like what's happening forty Oh my god, you know, like a little more freakish about it.
Speaker 2: I think I think too. Yeah, it's like with you saying like the balance and being able to, you know, kind of do what you want to do now. I remember I was filming something this past summer and I usually the kids come with me all three weeks of shooting, and this time, because of like where we were shooting, it was like not going to be great. And I'm like, you know, my daughter, you know, my daughter's almost eight, my son's you know, I'm gonna be almost five. And he's not really a great like set kid. He's just he's two minutes he's like, I'm bored. What are we doing? And so I was like, okay, I'm going to try it where it's I have them for a week with me onset and then two weeks they're with their with they're with their dad. And I was stressing so much about it because but I realized I was like, okay, I can do it, because and I did it, and it was I was less stressed. I actually had more fun filming. He goes I every time i'd be like on se like, oh, well, I gotta go back to see the kids. I gotta put them down and then I'm going to learn my lines. And it's like you're just that those two weeks they're never going to remember and like they're loved and they're they're they're okay. And I think totally. I think back in all the times I'm like, oh my god, like I stretched myself so thin because I was like I'd be such a bad mom if I didn't leave them, or and again, you lose pieces of things that you want to do and you might have said no to things or whatever, and it's like right now you're also seeing there like no, like the kids are going to be fine, and now you get to do you Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you'll you'll do it.
Speaker 1: I might add, I'm like this, I know.
Speaker 2: But this is now your second cookbook. What is different from this one than than the first one?
Speaker 1: So my first one was.
Speaker 4: Very I would say, much more of a traditional family inspired you know, recipes that I either had been doing with my own family for years or stuff I created with my kids or because of my kids. This one kind of the idea kind of started right at the beginning COVID weirdly enough, and.
Speaker 5: I think when we were not.
Speaker 4: Going to the grocery store as often, right, we were in that place where like, eh, grocery store, no one can leave their house, and so when we went it was almost special where we were like, Okay, this is all the things I need, and make sure you get them, and then you would kind of stretch what you had.
Speaker 5: Because you didn't want to go back to the grocery store right away, right.
Speaker 4: And it got me thinking that I was kind of raised that way and for a different reason. Not because of COVID and not because of germs and getting COVID and all that other stuff, but it was more because my parents didn't have a lot of money, so my mom was stretching food for a budget reason. And then it got me thinking, well, this is how we should really be truly cooking and shopping, right, and not because of it could be for budget reasons, of course, but it also for a food waste, which is you know, a reason because I'm always trying to teach my kids about food waste and how really it's one of the biggest impacts we have on global warming.
Speaker 5: And how that it's really con chart at home.
Speaker 4: I mean really about Okay, so we're going to make chicken tonight with a bunch of vegetables and lots of sides, and all those things can be repurposed into something totally different and reimagined the other The next day.
Speaker 5: I can make inchilatas out of the chicken.
Speaker 4: I can make you know, a veggie salad the next day that's grilled, you know, Like There's lots of ways to do it.
Speaker 5: And so I was like, there's a book here.
Speaker 4: I've never seen a cookbook that really kind of focuses on not just what people think leftovers are. It's not just inch a lots that you had at the Mexican restaurant the night before. I'm talking about like you go when you buy these ingredients for a recipe and say buttermilk.
Speaker 5: I used to do this all the time.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I just wasted the buttermilk, you know, because of a recipe that I made, because I was making you know, fried chicken one night.
Speaker 5: Well why did I waste that?
Speaker 4: I could have made nine million other things that I could have repurposed into something else. Or my kids would come in, I'm like, mom, there's no more chips. I'm like, there's lots of chips in it. They are all broken. I don't want to eat them. Well, I'm going to make it into something else, you know, I'm going to make fried chicken out of that.
Speaker 5: Right. So it's kind of sort of started.
Speaker 4: That way where I was like, there's a cookbook in here, and so that was kind of my little baby during COVID, where I had this idea to write this book based on truly leftovers and food waste, and then I really wanted to kind of shoot it in a way where it was kind of a nod to my childhood. So it's very much shot in like a seventies eighties sort of way and kind of giving a little love letter to my childhood, right, because these days, nostalgic is very I think comforting for so many people, and I know it is for me.
Speaker 3: So we're trendy again, is all that's happening our generations?
Speaker 5: That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: I mean, my daughter addresses exactly the way I did in the nineties.
Speaker 5: It's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Minds wearing a choker and I'm like, don't call it a comeback, sis, it never left.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's actually.
Speaker 1: Really brilliant though I was.
Speaker 3: I like this idea mostly because we do like a lot of power cooking, so like Sundays, I just find it's easier for me to not go off the track so much if I power cook Sunday. So yeah, like I got quinwa and roasted jeez, and then I kind of just like weave those into recipes. But I feel like lately I've been a little stagnant, like I'm using, I'm power cooking the same things, and then I'm making the same things and that's when I start to wonder or whin door to actually a danging or yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my bad, Well hey you know what I mean. Look, I to talk about take out. I grace myself with those days because there's many days. I look, I love to cook, but you can't do it every day. It's it's it's really quite hard to really do it every day, especially for someone who loves to cook. And I and I used to really even before kids, I was cooking every day because I loved it. But my husband's the one who does dishes, and he's like, can you not cook tonight? Because I really don't want to sit at the sink for an hour.
Speaker 3: He's like, I will actually maybe a gift card. I'm like, it's all the same money. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Can you talk to the girls aka me and maybe Kat here too. I really I want to cook. I really do, Like I want to cook for my fiance and I my you know, my kids, and I get so overwhelmed. Yeah, and I just because I'm also you know, doing everything and out the baby coming. I'm just like, I, yeah, my god, I would love to get her cookbook and cook. I just the thought of it. It overwhelms me because it's mom my, mom my, mom and I'm trying to like, you know, post something or she sends your just word, you know, it's I'm just like I I want to do it, but I'm overwhelmed. Yeah what do I do?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: And here's the thing and that's okay. Well, but but you're at that stage right now, like right, so that's okay. So maybe you're not going to be cooking right now, or maybe you're only cooking once a week, or maybe you cook something super simple that only takes you thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: But like you, I don't even know me like what because I'm sick of doing the air fier chicken nuggets. I feel terrible, you know what I mean. I'm like, Alan's like, you know, my fan say, he's such a good cook, but he travels a lot, and so he's like, what are the kids having to that? I'm like, chicken nuggets, but I cut up avocado and tomatoes and you know, like and then aside of fruit.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, But it's also hard because I think you're also at that age where I remember this with my kids, were like I don't want to eat that, and they want something else. And then you know, everybody's going to have their own ideas of what they want to eat, right, And I feel like that does get easier as the kids get older.
Speaker 5: And you could probably say the same thing, but but but it's hard.
Speaker 4: You know, Like last night everybody had sports. Whole had skateboarding, Harper has volleyball, like you know, and we're shipping these kids everywhere and we don't have a nanny and so and we generally have never had a nanny. We had it for a small moment and it just wasn't for our family. So it's very hard to find time. So last night it was a thirty minute dinner where I literally did taco buls, like that's what it was, and the kids love them, and veggies get thrown into it, which takes two seconds to saute, and there's meat and there's beans and there's rice that was leftover in the fridge and that's what it was.
Speaker 5: It took me thirty minutes. That was it. And then my dad, you know, my husband did the dishes.
Speaker 1: And that's our life. Like sports and taco balls, that's literally our life. They're just easy and you can just do it real quick, like they're super easy.
Speaker 4: They can make their own, which is great because like my daughter's like I don't like as much cheese, and so they can make them their own.
Speaker 5: That kind of layered thing is kind of fun.
Speaker 4: There's days where I will throw a turkey meatloaf together, which also doesn't take a lot of.
Speaker 5: Time while they're in school. If I have the moment and.
Speaker 4: It's in the fridge until it's ready to go into the oven, and then the oven does the cooking, I don't have to do anything else but then serve it, or they can serve it themselves. So there's ways of doing it. But also I think the bigger lesson of it all is just giving yourself grace. Like if you're not in that place right now, that's okay, Like who cares? Like you're still there, right, You're still feeding them, They're still eating, They're still eating.
Speaker 2: I really needed, you know that, especially today, I think, Yeah, I just honestly I wish I And this is no hate to my mom, but like I didn't grow up with the model. My mom was great, but yeah, she cook a lot. She cooked for our meals. Two of them were breakfast foods, pancakes and waffles, but the other one was like a chicken castor role I didn't have. I didn't have fish until I moved to Los Angeles, like from Midwest again, when she was a working.
Speaker 4: Month, wasn't in you Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I think that has a lot to do with it too, because we do go off of what we are used to and what we you know, my mom cooked all the time, so you know, but I also my mom didn't work. My mom didn't you know, like she was a mom and that was that my dad worked two jobs, you know, to allow her to be home, so she had a lot more time. And I had to remind myself, like my life was very different than my mother. You know, as much as I love to cook and I love to do that, I can't do it every single day. I can't do three meals a day from scratch.
Speaker 5: Not possible.
Speaker 3: Also, they're not going to eat them anyways, Like.
Speaker 1: There's not a time they I will say.
Speaker 5: I will say at the younger age, it's a lot harder.
Speaker 4: It does get easier as they get older, and I and I can put it down and be like, this is what you're and if you don't like it too bad, Like my daughter. My daughter is now older and she's like, don't make me breakfast, I'll make it myself. I said, great, and she'll go do it, you know. And so there's different stages in this whole parenting world that you know, you start to figure out, like you know, baby stuff, and you're pregnant, Like that's the period of grace. Like give yourself as much grace as possible. You have a two year old, like you know, cook for you and your husband, and you're cooking probably something totally different for your two year old most likely, right or a little bit of versions of what you're cooking for you.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've got a three month old I'm just like, she's just it's like every time I go to pick up a skillet, I feel like she's hungry.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, well, there is nothing too Like again, like you Tiffany, like we don't have nanny's like, we're not getting a nanny. So it's like, yeah, trying to juggle it with work and the other kids on top of it in the sports and stuff. It's like, but I get, but I still get envious watching some girls that I follow on Instagram and they're just like baking.
Speaker 4: See that's where social media is st Yeah, you can't do that. Everybody's life is different. You don't know that woman and how much help she has or maybe that's all she does, right is that's the only thing she does do and.
Speaker 5: She's able to do that. Like everybody has a different backstory.
Speaker 4: Just because what they're putting out on social media doesn't mean that that's exactly what it is, you know, and so, and that's another thing, Like I think twenty fifty, I'm just like it's it's nobody's perfect.
Speaker 5: You have to do what works for you and your own sanity.
Speaker 1: I think even if I had all the time in the world, I'm just not good at cooking. Yeah, and that's okay, And that's.
Speaker 5: Just another realcing.
Speaker 1: I mean, my husband is thankfully my dad was the cook, so it's beautiful.
Speaker 5: I just you were you were. You rely on him to do that, and that's lovely and that's wonderful.
Speaker 1: Helper. That's when I grew up. I'm my mom.
Speaker 3: I didn't I thought chicken was supposed to need like, well, that's it was so burnt. Like every time I get to my plate, it was like So I always felt like like I I am determined to change the course of this. And I even said to my husband last night, actually, I was like, watch our kids be Hamburger helper.
Speaker 1: People like sometime get hamburger Helper and I'm like, we cannot have hamburger. And he's like, well, it's just tonight, and I'm like, you don't know how traumatized I am by hamburger helper. We cannot feed our kids hamburger. You know I have I have another version that's better, that's in my books.
Speaker 2: What is your favorite That is one of your favorite recipes that you have in your new cookbook.
Speaker 5: Oh that's hard. It's like picking a favorite child.
Speaker 1: Big one for us that we might are not the best cooks, like what.
Speaker 4: Would be the best because it's so easy and I feel like everybody has this left ar too. One is pizza. We always have pizza as leftover, and I love cold pizza. But I have a great way where you can repurpose your pizza for a breakfast sandwich in.
Speaker 5: The morning, pizza that night.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 5: And then rices. We have leftover rice half the time.
Speaker 4: I mean I usually always make a huge batch of rice, and whether it goes into tako buls or whether my kids love sushi, so we sometimes do make homemade sushi, which is actually doesn't take a lot of time. Leftover rice is great to make the sushi cakes that they love, and they can put the avocado and the tuna and you know, the cucumbers and all that kind of stuff on top of it. Again something they can do. I know you guys aren't at that stage yet, but when the kids are older, super fun.
Speaker 3: I love that also landlocked here in Nashville, so that's fine, but I'm just kind of replacement for that tuna. I want you to start thinking about us landlocked folks over here.
Speaker 5: Okay. I got a lot of other stuff.
Speaker 3: It's not just it's not just what I want that I actually want to come over tonight and hey, well next.
Speaker 2: Time, next time, if you ever come to Nashville, like just just come on over and we can do that. We can do a cooking night.
Speaker 5: I have so many and my La friends that all moved to Nashville.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we know.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm super good at driving. Here is what I've noticed. But that's just a story for another time.
Speaker 5: Because they suck dry. This morning, they got what they got weather and they're like what I was like, it's striking crinkle West Coast.
Speaker 1: We can do this.
Speaker 5: Everybody, well, t thank you. We had that hurricane come through La.
Speaker 1: People were pay and I can only imagine La was like, and.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you saw, but we got an earthquake the same day, and we were like, this is it, this is the world.
Speaker 2: I would have slown out that day. I would have been so scared, like it's ending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you get on a plane while all that is happening.
Speaker 2: You know me, they're getting a car.
Speaker 1: You can make me drive you off.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Oh Timmy, thank you so much for coming on the show. Everyone grabbing new cooks here we go again.
Speaker 1: Thanks for validating us.
Speaker 5: We love you always. Of course, the older mama right here, you're no, you're it's.
Speaker 2: The perfect mama sister. Okay like it my friends, Yeah, okay, well she's amazing. Love her. I'd definitely gonna get her cookbook.
Speaker 3: I love maybe cookbook. Do you know it matters to me to be able to flip pages. I know people Pinterest recipes all the time, but I really love like a good cookbook.
Speaker 1: I just can't cook, so I have to have a recipe, so that's very helpful from the pages. I like to like tab them.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite books in my house is for my grandma.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: All her little scribbles and like flower stains and whatever else.
Speaker 5: Is on there.
Speaker 1: It's magic to me. That is really cute.
Speaker 2: I like that. I'm just thinking about, yeah, my grandma. But I like, I don't understand like they I feel like they still added things post they did and it was always like a pinch.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's why I can't cook, because they throwing stuff or she just would write flower eggs milk.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, okay, I'm gonna just help a couple of eggs, A couple of eggs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a few cups of milk.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 2: So I think I'm at the point where I'm just overwhelmed with everything and I'm just like, cancel everything.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've been there.
Speaker 2: Cancel showers, cancel weddings. Just just cancel.
Speaker 5: Do you mean just like are we do you need work?
Speaker 4: Life?
Speaker 2: Like work or like when it involves yeah, like in planning things and people schedule, I'm like, just forget it. Let's not do it. Let's forget it, let's not get married, let's forget it. Let's not have a baby shower. Like I'm like, forget it. Like Julie text me their night going, okay, so what's the weekend the shower? And I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want then.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be the one planning, you know what I mean. So I was like, I got nothing my plate.
Speaker 1: I was like, I sup wish I didn't respond back to planned it. I thought we did too.
Speaker 2: Well, we didn't because we don't have a place.
Speaker 1: Well we did because we did have a place, but now we don't have a place, so we have to start over.
Speaker 2: We'll just get back to you on what you're But then, like I don't even want I don't even want a shower.
Speaker 1: This is how I felt. All I wanted was a dinner with you.
Speaker 2: Had balloon arches and flying butterflies. This is what came out of an invitation.
Speaker 1: They did, they fluttered, they did not.
Speaker 5: I don't want a balloon arch.
Speaker 1: I don't want anything.
Speaker 3: I know I didn't want it either. But what happens is appreciated.
Speaker 1: And oh I loved it.
Speaker 3: I mean it was the most sincere, like just from the heart easy. But what's tricky is I wanted just like a little candle at dinner with just like a few girlfriends. But I truly don't want anyone to be left out.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's hard, really hard.
Speaker 3: I mean queendom itself if I is six people, right, and so that's just queendom.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if I invite like that Ashley, that's already you know, already at nine and I think once it gets too big, you just dare just anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I just was like, it's either nothing or it's a beginning. Why don't we just do a dinner.
Speaker 2: I think they just get really overwhelmed for me, where I'm just like, I don't want it to be a I don't want it to be a big thing. I don't want it to be a big deal, like this is my third baby. I understand it's you know, a couple of years past, but I'm like, I don't need anything. All I would really want is like you girls to like come over in pj's and I you know, I'm a game girl, so I'd like to play a few cute little games like shower, Let's go. That's the That's my kind of jam. Like, I don't want it to be a big production. I don't want to be a big thing because I just feel bad, like I don't know, I like, I get like I start to just feel bad, and then I'm like and now having said that, this is when I flipped to the other side. My fortieth birthday. I want it to being amazing, all your resources, like that is what I want to have, Like you know what I mean, because I'm like, I've been wanting my fortieth for ten years since my thirtieth, like underneath my covers. But again, it can just be like it can be still chill, but I still want to do something. Like that's something where I'm like, I really want to do something, And obviously I would like, I want to do like I would love, you know, a little something with you guys, But I don't want all the things same and I.
Speaker 3: Don't like gadgets. My registry was like nothing because I just didn't. I just don't like a lot of things. I got a lot of hand me down things, which was great, and two girlfriends had a baby like two years ago, and then one year it goes perfect.
Speaker 1: I'd rather be like, what did you have you not gotten that you want? Tell me and I'll get it.
Speaker 2: I don't want I don't want you anything. I don't. I don't need anything, right, Let's just hang out and I literally need anything. I mean, I'm sure I need jes do, I need diype berds and all. But guys, come on, you know what I mean. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want to like Amazon Prime guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I don't like. I don't. I just don't.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, but I will see that.
Speaker 2: It just becomes overwhelming with people's schedules and everyone's trying to figure out and then I'm like, oh, now they're trying to like move things around because this person's got softball in this day and this person and now I just feel like it's a big inconvenience. I'm just like, forget it.
Speaker 3: This is why to say I didn't want to involve you at all. Anyways, I had people take the reins for me and they said do you have the state open? And I said yes, and they said no further questions.
Speaker 2: See, that's what I need.
Speaker 1: I can't be the one I got you in and all of a sudden you text us and I go, oh, we got the captain of the ship. Yeah, but here's also the problem with that with you, not a problem, but the the problem with that is you truly want just your queendom, and you want your queendom there. So it's like if we just go are you available for this date? And then three of the queendom can't.
Speaker 2: Be there, then we'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm happy with that because I can do any of the dates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll cancel, but you're doing we already have a date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll keep forgetting it's on my calendar and everyone else.
Speaker 3: Well, the problem I would say this so it was phrased to me this way, which I also enjoyed. We have prayed for these babies and it means a lot for people to gather around, just the energy of nothing else.
Speaker 1: I like that that's what we need.
Speaker 2: I would love it. I just don't want all the arches and the cookies and the whatever, because that's.
Speaker 1: What's gotten to.
Speaker 3: In case she wondered, what there's like a lot of activity is going on with your Can we just play horseback riding?
Speaker 1: I don't know that she's getting.
Speaker 2: Obviously we're not getting I'm not gonna.
Speaker 5: We're not going there anymore.
Speaker 1: We'rely going to go gallop me. We're not going there anymore. We're not even going to.
Speaker 3: Thought I was snuggling up with PJ, so let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: With her Pittsburgh self. Yeah, it was planned, but we're changing.
Speaker 2: Well anyways, I just I don't know if you guys are like that too, but I just was kind of thinking that because the same thing with like the wedding planning is kind of everything's just getting like very I'm just getting very overwhelmed. A lot of things of like like what's transpired transpired I was gonna say prescribed about So it's just I get to that place where I'm just like f it, forget it. I don't want to do it.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, so the same. And I know I would always people. I mean, I don't blame and I.
Speaker 2: Always like I would probably regret it a year later, like when an actual date would have been. I'm like, oh, we should have just done it. But I just get so over I just and like it just becomes too much. Then I'm like, forget it, move on. I don't want to. I don't want to have to deal with it. It's too much because it doesn't at the end of the day. It's like it's just it's not that like a shower doesn't matter, a wedding doesn't matter. Obviously, those are very important things. You know what sucks about it? And this is what I said to Pam and I we went to we had like a little labor day chill day, and you know, she was like, why don't you just go away? And I go, you know, I go of all the weddings because I've had two weddings. I go, I wanted to Elope so badly on my last wedding because I didn't want a wedding. I did not want it at all. That was for my ex, like did not want one. He's the only like, Alan's the only person I want to marry, like I actually want a wedding with, Like I want to have that like experience with So that's why I'm like, I still am like trying to like you know, I just put again, I just get overwhelmed. And that's my personality.
Speaker 1: Be like, yeah, do we haven't canceled the wedding.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just really like it's just it's just a lot because I I'm trying to do something that's like involved activities and other people and flying and then it's it all comes back to this point. It feels like I'm going to be inconveniencing people with money and their time.
Speaker 3: Well that's not true because I can't wait.
Speaker 2: So but again that's how it feels. Anything that inconveniences other people with their time or money, then I'm like, I don't want to do it. Never mind, Yeah, because it's like the scheduling and oh I got this, and I don't know how I'm gonna do this. Well I don't want to go there without the I'm like, okay, then forget.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do it. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I literally just say I'll just be there. I can make any day work. Yeah, for a wedding, of course, No, I meant for like shower.
Speaker 2: Whatever it's my I'll take it to Amy. But it's just it gives me like, I know it's good though.
Speaker 1: You're inclusive and you want your kid. I totally hear you. The good news is we do have a date for whatever you want this shower to look like. Does not have to have arches, It does not have to have horses, does not.
Speaker 5: Have to be what it was.
Speaker 1: It could be pajamas and games. Whether they like to play games or not to play games.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 2: I personally like a one baby shower game. Like I like some of those funny games. I think they're fun.
Speaker 3: Clothes pins the old Michigan.
Speaker 2: Anyways. Okay, well, well we'll pin all this and see how I feel once we move into the new house.
Speaker 1: Because that's the probably stress problem, like overwhelming all the things.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, you guys next week