Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Our two.
Speaker 2: On this Thursday, Dan and the Dan It's Dan Patrick Show. We'll check in with Scott Van Pelt. He'll join us from Augusta momentarily. Also Dave Roberts, Dodger manager, and Dan Hurling, Connecticut head basketball coach, will join us a little bit later on as well. Eight seven to seven three DP Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle the TP Show. Good morning those watching on Peacock or NBC Sports Network. Thank you for downloading the app. We say good morning to our radio affiliates. iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio. Pull question from our one and what are we going to go with an hour two Seaton?
Speaker 3: Who would you bet on to win Oklahoma City Thunder or Scottie Scheffler Right now, Thunder have sixty percent of that vote and if you have to give up one sports or music, music has about sixty eight percent of that.
Speaker 2: All right, we have to get to phone calls coming up. A lot of people calling in with a request for seat tributes to Seaton. Tomorrow will be his last day officially on the program. He'll still be affiliated with the show in a variety of ways through the years, the next two years. Here, all right, let me see recapping some of the things from last night. I had OKC locking up the number one seed, and the Masters, of course is underway. Not much else in there. You know, we're winding down here with the final games of the regular season. But Scotty Scheffler is your favorite plus five twenty. Then it's John Rohm plus nine to twenty. That's why I thought, you know, Scheffler against the field and OKAC against the field. Title odds, it's the Thunder plus one twenty. The Spurs and the Celtics have the best odds, tied second best odds at plus five point fifty. Then it's the Nuggets, Calves, Nicks and the Pistons. Scott Van Pelt busy Man SportsCenter anchor. Listen to a lot of the par three yesterday with Scotty. I've known you a long time. You were giddy with the par three yesterday. That's that's one of those they don't have to pay you to do that one.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let them though, just to get know I'm gonna let them. But you're right, it's look, it's a feeling and there's a balance and that you just don't want to get two over the top, right. I mean, I always feel like a spoonful of sugar is sweet and if you put to you know, not a sprinkle rather than spoonfuls. And the feeling of family and seeing guys, especially guys that like Justin Thomas and speak, guys that I knew when they were younger and didn't have kids, and they all spoke to it. It's a different lens now with kids, and so I don't know, it's a blast. Wednesday feels different. And then it's go time today and it's it's a very different feeling.
Speaker 2: To be live coverage first and second rounds of the Masters the set noon three Eastern on the Mothership. Also four days of live featured group coverage as well, all on the ESPN app. If I said you could have Scheffler versus the Field or Oklahoma City versus the Field.
Speaker 4: I think, Wow, that's a great, great question.
Speaker 5: I want.
Speaker 4: I guess I take Oklahoma City because I think that the list of people that can win this week is more broad. Scotty now Sunday when his name's up there and he's too clear of everybody and We're just to go see the chairman, and Jim, I'd feel like a bozo because he's got that capability here for sure. But I just have a sneaking suspicion this week that the field and the lens is broader than we've had in years past.
Speaker 2: Here where are you right now? For those watching on Peacock or NBC Sports.
Speaker 4: Network, I was trying to find a suitable backdrop. I'm in this beautiful facility that Augusta National built that's sort of a it's ESPN sort of production site, if you will, and it's this. It was one of those things, like everything here that didn't exist, and then we showed up one year and here's this perfect building. As the laws are manicured. It's preposterous.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I wish more than it, More than anything, I just wish I could find the lawn and whatever folks that they've gotten involved, and I'd pay them handsomely because everything is just right, as is our space. But I'm adjacent to the grounds. I'll be heading up to do a live for the Masters.
Speaker 6: In just a bit.
Speaker 2: I took a divot home with me in a tupperware container when I played there.
Speaker 4: Did you plan it.
Speaker 5: Yes I did.
Speaker 2: It didn't work, but I brought it back and my wife goes, what's in the tupperware? I said, oh, that's turf from Augusta And she goes, do they know you took it?
Speaker 5: I go, no, A little.
Speaker 4: Late for them to satute. The limitations is the run out. It's sacred ground, right, I mean, it's you have to give it a shot. It would have been awesome if you had like this one stretch of grass in your yard that was better than all the rest. And you say that's from Augusta.
Speaker 6: No big deal.
Speaker 2: Okay, you cover golf, but then there's golf terminology in Augusta that you got to do a refresher so you know, like what happens if you say, boy, what a gallery.
Speaker 4: I don't mean, I don't think anything bad would happen, but I'm not going to find out otherwise. I mean, it's it's become second nature. There are patrons, there's the second nine, there's the second cut. But honestly, like when I would go to do the Open Championship, Dan, I call it the Open Championship, not the British Open, because that's what they call it, and I would call it the last game off because they don't call them groups there, they call them games. I don't find it to be a shore to use the lingo that that is sort of it becomes second nature. I think much like Second nine and Second cut.
Speaker 2: Did you think in your lifetime that we would be asking that question of Scheffler versus the field like we did with Tiger?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Oh, and and that's that's that's an amazing credit to Scotty. What's fast about him, though, Dan is that he's just having us appetite to win. I find that really endearing and it's it's it's just it's wild to me. You know, his faith, his family, that's that's his real his real driving force business of his life. And it's not that he's indifferent to wanting to be great. He really wants to be but he does it in a way that isn't as h doesn't feel as dominating as Tiger. And yet when you look at some of the numbers, you're like they're there, they can be comparable. So no, I didn't I think we'd find a guy, and when he announced him, I didn't think he would be at be The personality traits of Scotty.
Speaker 2: I know that you got to go, you got to tight schedule, but you wanted to say something about Seaton two Seaton before you go.
Speaker 4: I do well to seating into you and to your whole crew. You know, I do a show where I sit out there by myself. No show is the one man show. And your show's great because of you. But your show is great because of your folks and the loyalty of your folks. Seating being, you know, chief among them is admirable to me. You've seten You're awesome whatever you do. I know you said you're not leaving the house. You're just going to build a new wing. So the wing will be great. And I just want to wish you and all all of your crew the very best. But I just I admire the loyalty and the love that's been part of the Dan Patrick Show forever and see when you're a huge part of it. If my WiFi sucks, I'm sorry, I hope you can hear this, but salute to you, my man.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Scotty. We'll be we'll be watching today.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Brother.
Speaker 2: That's Scott Van Pelt of the Mothership. Also Monday Night Countdown, but first and second rounds of the Masters this afternoon starting at three Eastern on ESPN. Also four days of live featured group coverage and that'll be all on the ESPN app All right, Corey and Michigan. Hey Corey, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I didn't have Marlon Styles, the left handed catcher from Monday, on my Bengo cart that day. But I actually know Marlon personally. He's my dad's best friend, and Fly had to give him a shout out. Yeah, they're both scouts for the Cincinnati Reds. For a long time, Marlon we would go out to dinner after tryout camps. I'd tag along as a as a young guy, and Marlon was pretty famous for putting down some food. He would he would pretty regularly order an entire another meal when the check was coming out. And there was a time at Texas Roadhouse the manager came out and congratulated him on how much lemonade he had that day. So, yeah, that's my Marlin Styles bit there. But yeah, then I wanted to give a shout out to Seaton. I just wanted to thank you for being the house Prairie and that's kind of my role in my life, and I find myself yelling at the radio sometimes during your guys' conversations, and then Seaton comes in and says exactly what I'm thinking, and I'm really going to miss that.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Corey. Yeah, I mentioned Marlin Styles. I had never played in a game with the left handed catcher, and he got drafted by the Cincinnati Reds. I knew that he played a little bit of minor league baseball. I don't think he ever made it up to the show, but he's a scout for the Rent. So good for Marlin Styles and a left handed catcher. Ryan in Detroit, Hi, Ryan, what's on your mind to that?
Speaker 10: Yeah, hey, Dan, thanks for calling me back. I got a movie reco and.
Speaker 11: Then my two favorite moments of seating over the twenty years I've been listening to you guys, movie reco for you friend of the show, Kurt Russell the Madison Fly fifteen, so I think you'll love it. Two favorite moments of Seaton.
Speaker 10: One has got to be the live.
Speaker 11: In person at Las Vegas Super Bowl where he was doing Romo with Nance. That was that was fantastic. And then the second was the crashing of the Makeo Van. I know your show is scripted, so that probably fit in well, but that was also fantastic Seatan, Thanks buddy.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you Ryan. Yes, could we script this show?
Speaker 12: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's possible to script this show, but people think it's scripted. I'm like, there's nothing scripted. The dants don't even know what I'm going to talk about when I come over and turn on the microphone.
Speaker 5: Accurate, Yes, accurate, I.
Speaker 2: Mean PAULI will say, hey, what about we should talk about this.
Speaker 5: And then I'll go okay, Hey, okay, and.
Speaker 2: Then all of a sudden, you turn on the microphone and away we go.
Speaker 13: Yes, Paul, if you try to script a three hour conversation, you'd go nuts and it would give out, give away all your spotaneity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's nothing scripted. I mean, listen to Todd. That can't be scripted.
Speaker 14: It would also be insulting to the audience. If we were just like the three hours, just kind of reading lines like we were going through like TV or movie lines.
Speaker 2: U Zach and Michigan, I wouldn't have scripted what Todd just said.
Speaker 12: That would not have made it. I would hit the cutting room floor quick.
Speaker 3: Can't imagine all this time, I'd be like, why do I always get the crabby lies?
Speaker 5: Can't I just get a funny one once in a while? You want me to say, why do I always get the bad jokes?
Speaker 2: I wonder if that happened like on Friends or Well Seinfeld, Jerry was really generous in giving everybody else the great lines. But on Friends, do you think there was a time when you know David Schwimmers like, why why does Ross get bad lines?
Speaker 5: Why can't I be funny? Yeah?
Speaker 13: PAULI like the first couple of years of Friends, Chandler, Matthew Perry, he had all the hammer joke, Yes, it was all him.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And Phoebe always had some pretty good lines. Yes.
Speaker 14: And if I was Joey, do I have to keep saying how you're doing? I just said that fifty times a show.
Speaker 12: Can we bring that down a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah? James and Jacksonville, Hi James, what's on your mind?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, hey, Zach, I'm sorry.
Speaker 15: That's all right, first time, long time, six two five.
Speaker 5: I've been waiting a long time to hear that.
Speaker 15: Ding A million things that I'd want to say to you guys on my first homee call, but this is all about Seaton. Definitely one of the great parts of the show and he will be missed. And as you can tell by all the callers from Michigan, we all love him over here in Michigan. But I just have one quick request, and I think that it would only be appropriate tomorrow that he gets the last word as the music's playing, eyes out and he gives us one last.
Speaker 5: There he goes, there he goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his is al Michael's impersonation. Although Al I don't know if he appreciated your Al Michael's impersonation, no, because he was like.
Speaker 5: I sound like that. Yeah, I know. Well, okay, this is what happens.
Speaker 2: We spend so much time together and then occasionally somebody will do an impersonation and then I'll go, oh, next time that person's on, we're gonna do that right in front of him, like Andrew Low.
Speaker 5: Lovely lovely apparent, Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 12: I think, wow, then they got water out here.
Speaker 5: They don't seking of people who didn't appreciate the impression.
Speaker 12: Why did you put me on this podcast?
Speaker 5: That was awesome? That was ChIL Oh. He gave you a look.
Speaker 12: I cannot believe you. Maybe because that's just not a positive or impersonation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it was great. Yeah, I dropped I like that.
Speaker 12: I don't think that Dah come up be honestly, I don't talk like that. They brought that.
Speaker 2: James and Jacksonville. Hi James, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 16: Hey Dan? Good morning? Good morning Dan at six four hard one ninety five. Yes, I just wanted to call and say thanks and goodbye to Keaton. I'm a three time member of BBC Club. I'm I'm the guy. It all happened on the same day for me, and I called in a long time ago and said something. After the call, he said, Man, that sounds like a guy who probably brought that out himself a little bit. Dad, change my world, Dude, change my world.
Speaker 5: I hated you for a couple of days.
Speaker 16: For a long time, but man, thank you, thank you all so much.
Speaker 5: Thank you, James. I don't remember you saying that. Seaton.
Speaker 3: That's probably a thousand people who could say the exact same thing.
Speaker 5: So he was a three time Dead Dad's Club. I don't know how I would get from like, hey, everybody happened.
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wish I could find out the context of all, James is hilarious.
Speaker 2: How did Setan say that about you?
Speaker 16: Well, man, I my wife divorced me the same day she put my dog down, and I think she just read into that a lot like I must have been pretty crummy to somebody if they would do that to me on my birthday.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, yeah I left that out.
Speaker 8: It was all on my birthday.
Speaker 2: Your dog died, your dad died, and you got divorced on your birthday.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, she put my dog down on my birthday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 8: So he can we get the dd she Times Street Club shirt back?
Speaker 5: Man, I need one, okay.
Speaker 3: I mean you have to have done something really terrible if your ex wife put your dog dog down on your birthday. That's I think that my statement might stand.
Speaker 5: So thank you, thank you, James.
Speaker 3: It's being a good sport, James, are about your dog?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 2: I mean, I hope that the dog needed to be put down, James. I guess that's the one question.
Speaker 12: I like.
Speaker 2: This wasn't an elective, was it.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, but she could have done it the day before or after.
Speaker 2: That's true, dangy divorced dead Dad's club and put your dog down same day on your birthday.
Speaker 14: Yes, Todd, that's pretty disgusting, and what a horrible decision to make that that you would pick his birthday to do that. If it's not some kind of urgent thing and the dog's in horrible pain has to be put out that day, that sucks.
Speaker 12: That's just not cool, sir.
Speaker 6: Thank you to beneath this.
Speaker 5: I just got a little I don't even I never need to.
Speaker 12: I'm just saying, that's just ridiculously.
Speaker 5: You don't even like dogs.
Speaker 12: I don't know what he good with the ex wife, but that is cruel and unusual punishment.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a break. We're gonna you are captain obvious.
Speaker 5: You are.
Speaker 12: That's pretty tasteless, though, Thank you, Tom.
Speaker 5: You know what, I gotta promote you. I think you should be. I think you should be.
Speaker 2: General obvious. You're not Captain obvious. You've been promoted. Congratulations.
Speaker 12: I'm also proud of you. I got a couple of stripes on this lead.
Speaker 8: What do I get?
Speaker 2: Dave Roberts, Dodger manager, joins us next Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it.
Speaker 5: Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Two Pros and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Stu, Godsaid Company Live, Cavino and Rich, He had a Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show.
Speaker 5: Sports Radio on YouTube. Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away.
Speaker 2: More phone calls coming up. Seaton gets to pick out Meet Friday. You got the menu right. You gave that to Dylan.
Speaker 3: I have made a tweak this morning. As a matter of fact, I made a tweak this morning and then we landed on one final decision also, so I'm very excited about this menu.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I think it's fire. Will we be surprised?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if you will. I'm not sure. I think I think you guys will love it, though, Okay, I do so, Meet Friday. I think it'll be a big hit here.
Speaker 5: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 2: This week on Sunday Night Baseball, Jose Ramirez and the Guardians are headed to Atlanta to take on Ronald Acunya Junior the Third and the Braves. Sunday Night Baseball Live on NBC and Peacan. We got a chance to talk to Dave Roberts. The Dodgers had a day game yesterday in Toronto, and so we got a chance to talk to him before the game, and I started off by asking him what he does on a day off.
Speaker 17: I'm actually going to play Contractor tomorrow in Cardiff. We're doing a whole like landscape outdoor situation. I just want to kind of see what's going on. But usually I play golf. That's what I'll typically do, all right? For the Masters? Is have you played Augusta?
Speaker 6: I cannot.
Speaker 17: I've played there twice and it's it's the experience is unlike any other. So yeah, I've been very, very fortunate and I cannot wait for this week. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Well, how did you play it? Auguinsta? Do you want to give me your spy?
Speaker 6: I shot eighty nine and eighty six. Okay, that's about respectable.
Speaker 5: Did you play on the member tips? At all, Like on.
Speaker 17: Eighteen, no I played for no, I played for the member teams, ah, member teas. Okay, yeah, that's right, that's right. I yeah, I did.
Speaker 6: That's it. That's it. That's my admission. But I feel that's all right.
Speaker 2: I went all the way back on eighteen and it's and it feels like those trees are growing when you're on the tee, like they get tighter and tighter.
Speaker 5: But we went all the way back. There's a couple of them.
Speaker 2: You can play all the way back, but eighteen and I said, let's do it.
Speaker 5: Let's let's see.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: But it's it's a lot hillier than what you think.
Speaker 17: So did you uh did you get into the fairway off eighteen from the tips?
Speaker 2: I did off to the left, but well short of the bunker on the left and ended up boguing, you know.
Speaker 5: But but you know, I we had fun.
Speaker 6: That's that's a good bogey from the tips. From from that, that's a good bogey.
Speaker 5: H What do you think of ABS so far?
Speaker 6: I like it. I think it's good.
Speaker 17: You know, my be a little bit too perfect in the sense of, you know, a centimeter change is a call. But I do think that it makes the umpires. The umpiring for me is getting better. And I think that that's whether they agree with that or not, because they don't want to No one wants to be embarrassed, and so they bear down more.
Speaker 6: And I think that's better for the game.
Speaker 2: How do you develop a strategy for appealing or is there a strategy?
Speaker 6: You know what we've done a good job of like just talking about it.
Speaker 17: We've you know, we get our front office, we get our hitting guys, our veteran guys, our hitting guys, players just talking about leverage. And I think the thing is is that is just trying to figure out what is leverage, when to use it. And I think that for the run prevention side, we give it to the catcher and Will's been great. Will Smith has been great. And then I think it's just it's also helped our hitters kind of really understanding the hitting zone, the strike zone. They're more in tune with it.
Speaker 2: Now, how did we get to this point where umpires were given their own strike zone?
Speaker 10: Dave?
Speaker 17: Well, Yeah, I don't want to throw anybody under the bus, but Levon Hernandez greg behind the plate.
Speaker 6: History might have been changed.
Speaker 17: You know, I think that the way that the game used to be, where it was like, you know, you're Maddox or Glavin and whoever. You know, any great pitcher right that has command. You're getting three four or five inches off the plate and as a run young rookie, they're like, hey, man, he's going to get that pitch. You better swing the back. So I think that with social media, you know, with everything, with analytics, like everything is more precise.
Speaker 6: And I think that's good.
Speaker 17: You know, you don't want to lose a human element with the umpires, which I think they get defensive, which I get, but I think at the end of the end of the day, people want to get the calls right, and that's what the integrity of the game should be.
Speaker 2: Talking to Dave Roberts, Dodger manager, how important is this cy young to show?
Speaker 5: Hey, o Tani.
Speaker 17: Extremely you know, and I and I would you know, love to know. I mean I think that with show hey, he's done everything you know on the field, He's carried not single handedly, but almost single handedly, you know, the game of baseball as far as domestic, you know, international, be in the face of the of the game. That's something he hasn't done. And also Yamamoto, his his teammate and countrymen. You know, that's something that one of those guys. I'm sure both those guys want to be the first Japanese born player, you know, to win a cy.
Speaker 5: Young the coach manager.
Speaker 2: There are coaches who say, hey, I don't treat everybody the same, or managers, I don't treat everybody the same. What do you do you subscribe to They're all individuals. I eat them as individuals, or you know, it's a team.
Speaker 17: I guess the easiest way to put it is you definitely treat him as individuals.
Speaker 6: You don't treat him the same, but you treat him fairly.
Speaker 17: And that's and what that and obviously you know Dan, what that means is when you're Freddie Freeman, you get treated differently than Alex Freeland. And when you're Clayton Kershaw, you get treated differently than Emma Chian And that's the way it should be.
Speaker 6: Those things are earned.
Speaker 2: The sound off of show Heyo Tani's bat, like, there's certain sounds in baseball. Can you think of another player when you wear cabre It just sounded different.
Speaker 6: It sounded different, Miguel Cabrera.
Speaker 17: That's that's the guy for me that when that dude hit a baseball, it was a different sound. But yes, when Showey hits a baseball, it's a different sound.
Speaker 2: I thought Jack Peterson had that sound too, like it was like, wow.
Speaker 6: It's coming off his bat too.
Speaker 2: Absolutely explain the Yamamoto, you know, pitching deep into games now, the rare occurrence playoffs last year, like that's an anomaly. We don't see that anymore.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think we're starting to get back to that now, which is a good thing. I think in baseball, you know, uh, you know, the last couple of years, last year in particular, I think that you know, I think organizations wide, industry wide starting to you know again value length of a starting pitcher, and you know, understanding the value that it attacks of pulling guys shorter, not letting them go longer, trying to protect the starter and say bullets, but has a cost with relievers, you know, and and not having your best pitcher essentially out on the mound taking down more outs. I think Yamamoto's first year he was cutting his teeth in the States. I kind of played him short because as I wanted him to end with success and you know, get confidence and pushed him a little bit more in the postseason. And then last year, if you look at his usage, I pushed him a little bit more extended in the postseason. And yeah, and I think that's that's I think you're you're seeing that more. I think across baseball as well, not just you know, with our guys with you.
Speaker 5: Are you defying analytics?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you doing that hitting Wie? Is it still a all or nothing at the plate analytics?
Speaker 6: No, it's not.
Speaker 17: And I think that the team that we're playing right now did did is a good case study. And you know, slugging when you're trying to slug, checking down and hitting what two strikes hit into the opposite field? The Blue Jays and I've always valued batting average. Freddie Freeman is, you know, probably my favorite player I've ever coached with everything in total of what he does. And he values batting average. And you know, the biggest moments in a postseason game, you want hits and I'll be able to drive in a run, but in our game, so that's valued most in the postseason, but it's somehow been devalued in the season, the batting average that runs batted in, so I've always been an advocate of that, and I don't like the three what is it probable outcomes or things like that that kind of I've never been a fan of that type of hitter.
Speaker 2: When's the last time you lost? When's the last time you watched Game seven of the World Series?
Speaker 17: You know, just recently I did a podcast with passing with John Schneider, but that was kind of snippets.
Speaker 6: But I haven't dp.
Speaker 17: I haven't watched Game seven in its entirety ever, and I just really don't have any interest. I mean, it was a great game, great series, very fortunate, but maybe I guess for fear that the result.
Speaker 5: Might How of the Blue Jays treated you.
Speaker 17: Great, you know, I guess when you're booed, that's a good thing. But the but I love Canadian people. I just the Canadians are very good people. I think that the World Series the Blue Jays have been great for the country of Canada. I love coming north of the border, and I love Toronto. It's freezing here, but fortunately we have the Rogers Center, we have a dome. But I love Canada.
Speaker 2: Well, if you came out and they started applauding you, that probably would have meant, hey, thank you for giving us the worlds. We got the World Series, so.
Speaker 6: The only fair, totally fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Yeah, you want to get a booth. You're right deep, Yeah, you're doing something right. Safe travels as always, Thanks for spending some time.
Speaker 6: All right, DP, take care, We'll talk soon.
Speaker 2: Dodger manager Dave Roberts speaking to him yesterday prior to the game. Otani pitched six innings of shutout ball, but the Dodgers ended up losing the They are headed home. They will begin a series this weekend with the Rangers. A couple of phone calls will sneak in. By the way, gambling podcast yesterday might have been the wildest gambling podcast we've ever recorded. Shan Irving, Bad Larry Dylan, Shyan Irving and Dylan had a bet on the Connecticut Illinois game and the loser had to wear a dog collar and get shocked with the number of points that separated the two teams. Dylan lost. Dylan had to get shocked nine times yesterday throughout the podcast. He didn't know when it was gonna happen. He's got the collar around his neck and Shyan Irving has the button to press nine times. Yes, Tod, was there a.
Speaker 12: Physician present to administer this to make sure everything's okay? If they just kind of did this on.
Speaker 5: Their own, No, No, I was there.
Speaker 12: You would have been able to intervene if there was some kind of medical No.
Speaker 2: But I just wanted to make sure that I, you know, it was good content. There as a human resources representative here there. Yes, I was yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I was fine with it. You know, Dylan seemed okay with it, but uh, Dylan's going to join it. We're going to play a portion of that coming up in about ten minutes from now. It was wild because Dylan would just be talking and all of a sudden, Shaye would press the button and Dylan, Dylan in mid sentence, would just get blasted.
Speaker 5: And he started sweating.
Speaker 2: He had to take off his sweatshirt, and Shaye and Irving was merciless. At one point though, I acted like Joaquin Phoenix's character Ingladiator, where you know, I'm holding up my thumb and thumbs down to zap him because Dylan would just be talking and all of a sudden, I go, okay, this is enough, and I went thumbs down, and uh, Shay's zapped him nine times with the points spread.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: Mark in Myrtle Beach. Good morning, Mark, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Hey, good morning Dan.
Speaker 5: How y'all doing today?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I just wanted to call and say, uh, goodbye to seating man.
Speaker 5: And uh.
Speaker 8: Me and my wife used to watch a shot.
Speaker 7: She passed away and shoot, so we've always watched Show What You Gonna Work? The scene with her favorite. It's been I haven't been able to call in because you can call in, but you know, Tyler said he'd get me in man, so I appreciate it very much and a and she loves seating well.
Speaker 2: Mark, thank you. Sometimes we don't know the impact we have on you, and we appreciate you sharing. And sorry that you lost your wife. Uh, and thank you for the call. How about we take a break when we come back. We'll lighten the mood a little bit. By the way, Dan Hurley, I think Top of the Hour Todd, Yes, okay, Top of the Hour. And this will be different having him on after losing a national championship, but we appreciate him always joining us when we come back on. So Dylan will talk about the bet that he lost because he had Connecticut. Oh, No, he had Illinois. Yeah, he had Illinois. Well that'll call that'll you know what, he should have had Connecticut there, but he took nine jolts to the neck and Shay insisted that he put it on his jugular, and I said, Shay, I can't have Dylan die. He's supposed to be sitting in Seaton's chair here coming up. Yeah, Paulie, we.
Speaker 5: Were down the hall.
Speaker 13: You guys were in a closed, supposedly soundproof studio. The big german I are going, what's going on in there? Because they'd be like wait and you'd hear screaming and yelling him laughing at bursts.
Speaker 14: Yes, Todd, at any point, did you feel like maybe we just keep this till like four or five and or nine is a lot we don't.
Speaker 2: He know this could be after injuries after the first two. I go, I can't have him do this. And but you know he took it and he's here today. I should say that I should have led with that. Dylan is here today and he appears to be healthier.
Speaker 5: Yes, none of.
Speaker 12: Us will ever be able to take a day up after that. You have to drop nine times and you still show up to work. So unless we have like one hundred and eight people. We're coming here, all.
Speaker 5: Right, let me take a break a lot to get to coming up after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Dylan is in the studio and Dylan he's part of the Gambling Podcast with Shayan Irving and also bad Larry Well. Dylan paid off a bet yesterday because he took Illinois against Connecticut. Shay and Irving had Connecticut and the bet was you had to wear a dog collar and get zapped. The number of points different, but you know the difference between these two teams, and you know it's a classic payoff to a bet, you know, wearing a dog collar.
Speaker 5: So, Dylan, before we get to you, did you.
Speaker 2: Bring the dog collar and the zappar in in case anybody wants to try this and feel it is.
Speaker 5: Anybody want to do that?
Speaker 2: Anybody want to hold the dog collar and then Dylan can press the button.
Speaker 5: That's the right choice. Smart.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's that's being very smart there. Yeah, see jackass. Yes, yes, that's the new direction the show is taking. You know, after Friday, we're going to jack who wants to get their ball staple? Okay, Uh, we're gonna play a portion of Yesterday the Gambling Podcast, available at dan patrick dot com.
Speaker 10: What's worth the anticipation?
Speaker 5: What's worse?
Speaker 18: I think not knowing is worse because that's like when we were smashing each other, we're just feeling.
Speaker 5: That's three. I'm sweating. You got six to remember when we that that's four?
Speaker 2: Sorry, right, let's spread it out show.
Speaker 5: Uh, Dylan took nine of those and you're here today. I am here.
Speaker 19: It's actually they got worse, I think because I was getting sweatier. So it started like conducting the electricity more so, like it was actually like making like a crackle.
Speaker 5: I didn't know if you could be electrocuted with that.
Speaker 19: Well, it's it's rated for ten to one hundred and twenty pound dolls. Whereas like if you put that on like a dosent or something, they're gonna get launched like across the room.
Speaker 13: Yes, I was going to ask if you get used to the feeling as they go, or it's worse because you know what pain is coming.
Speaker 19: It's I got I think it got worse. Actually I thought I'd get used to it. There's at one point Shay tugged on the caller, so the prongs were like really in there, which was kind of that was bush Ley.
Speaker 2: He wanted the prongs on your jugular and they were yeah, now.
Speaker 19: You took it. You took you took nine of those that that like, ah. Every time it was just completely involuntary, like let me let me hear it one more time here, Marvin, just a little bit of this.
Speaker 10: What's worth the anticipation?
Speaker 5: What's worse?
Speaker 18: I think not knowing? Yeah, waying is way worse. Yeah, because that's like when we were smashing each other. That's three, I'm sweating. You got six to go, remember.
Speaker 10: When we.
Speaker 2: The entire The entire episode available at dan patrick dot com. Fritzie, of course, sends me an overview of humans shocked by a dog count.
Speaker 12: I'm very concerned about the health risk out.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not recommended to intentionally get zapt multiple times with a dog collar, thank you, Tom. Irritation redness, Uh, do you have any dealing I may have.
Speaker 19: Had that already, but the French kid stopped by yesterday and he told him that, you know, I lost his Bet and he was like, oh, I think like a kid in my town died for being that way back when. And then ten minutes later he's like that might have been made up.
Speaker 2: Well, Thanks, thanks for sharing, thanks for taking nine, for the team doing.
Speaker 19: I hope to not do it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, got from call, leave it to Todd to send me the medical update on taking nine nine jolt Shampa.
Speaker 13: Todd being a buzzkilla.
Speaker 2: Nicely done, Uh, Russell and Philly. Hi Russ, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 10: Good morning Dan and Danete. Thanks for taking my call. I want to I didn't get in earlier, so I want to give my best and worsday. I want to shout out to my Wolverine Sorry Marvin, you know you guys play Bard, and lastly, I want to give a shot out to see you man. Wish you well. Always fun listening to you guys, and Uh, I know you don't guard it anymore, but I'll make sure I put one up for you on Friday, and wish you well and.
Speaker 2: Take it easy all right, Thank you, Russ, Thanks us. Yeah. Keith in Atlanta? Hi Keith, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Hey guys, So first time caller and nearly twenty years, Spectators five to eleven and A Wanna Be Hard one ninety three. You guys should definitely have a sports fimmy. It's only still I ever liked better than you guys looked at sopranos. So the writers for the sports simmy must be related to the Hall of Fame Baseball voters. This is ridiculous. And so and to the Minister of Music, congrabt to mister set and O'Connor on sobriety and the new chapter of your life and so real quick, all things Atlanta and music, and I'll wrap up with the walk off song. So I remember Dan the Sportsman on ninety six rock with Christopher Route and Lorna loved excellent when I'm skipping school back in the day. And so the best three concerts I ever saw in Atlanta was Pearl Jam at the Fox in ninety four and then Foo Fighters and Perry Ferrell from James Addiction at the Tabernacle, the old church that only seat twenty six hundred people.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable.
Speaker 8: I'd love to hear some of you guys' favorite concerts. And for your walk up song man, it's got to be for whom the bell told from Metallica. Dan, I know you're a Zeppelin guy, so maybe good times, bad times, or maybe a little edge to it for the Godsmack versions.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you. Keith crammed a lot in there.
Speaker 2: Dan Hurley, on loan from Connecticut, will join us coming up at the top of the hour. We'll keep an eye on the Master's leader board here as well. Once again this week on Sunday Night Baseball, Jose Ramirez and the Guardians heading to Atlanta to take on Ronald Acunya Junior and the Brave Sunday Night Baseball live on NBC in Peacock. Shout out to the Cincinnati Reds. They send me a jersey. This is a new jersey. They also sent me the hat Beautiful City connect and got my number twenty six Patrick Jersey here by the Reds final hour in this Thursday right around the corner, Minister of Humor. Also seat No Gonner, Marvin and Paulie Yours truly back after this