Speaker 1: So we made a sign for my parents' front yard that says Hunk for Haliburton because he drives right by my parents' house to go to the stadium.
Speaker 2: Jabari shameless laughing.
Speaker 1: I did have a friend of mine who's a black woman go that's so white, and it's like, well, guess what, Tyre's is half white, so the white side of him will love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout Brenda.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: And so Jade took a picture of it and put it on her finals carousel. She did accidentally leave in our address, and I said, good, I commented, I commented, that's our house, not my house.
Speaker 2: At my parents house. I said, that's our that's my house, that's my yard.
Speaker 1: And we have a new sign because then we added another sign on top of the mailbox.
Speaker 2: It said be love.
Speaker 4: Pacers, nice theirs.
Speaker 1: I do have a major baby the lemma happening regarding the Pacers.
Speaker 2: So his middle name is going to be my dad's name.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, well, if the Pacers make the finals, we're giving him a Pacers middle name because his middle name is Jaylen for Jalen Rose.
Speaker 2: Obviously, and now I'm like, I'm going to change the middle name. But I don't want my dad to be upset.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean you could say this is sort of like in a In the Jewish tradition, it's tabooed to name a child after a living parent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, named after a hang out in Mexico.
Speaker 4: You have four names?
Speaker 2: Okay, four names?
Speaker 3: J to just slide another name, Just slide another one.
Speaker 4: Ye, Jeff with the G.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be like Jeff Pascal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of cool. Jeff Pascal, Jeff t Mid.
Speaker 2: Okay, see, now can you get away?
Speaker 3: Can you get away with Jeff T?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want to name him after Jeff Jeff.
Speaker 4: Debt, Jeff.
Speaker 3: It's the NBA Finals.
Speaker 6: You ever heard of it?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Well we are here?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well sorry, ever heard of it? Ever heard of it? Ever heard of them? The finals?
Speaker 8: Sorry?
Speaker 3: It's world, But we are here.
Speaker 5: And contrary to the marketing surrounding the holidays, this is the most time I know, what's his face?
Speaker 3: Andy, what's his Face's family could be pretty religious, so I didn't say the whole thing either way. Yeah, Andy Williams family is very religious.
Speaker 5: But anyway, the two best teams are in the NBA Finals, and the basketball between the Thunder and Pacers is.
Speaker 3: Going to be mouthwatering.
Speaker 5: Uh, and we're gonna get into some of the matchups expectations.
Speaker 3: But the hilarious singular Megan Daily on today's episode, I'm Miles Gray.
Speaker 6: And I'm Jack O'Brien and this is god.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, driving.
Speaker 6: That's secures, be honest, what you.
Speaker 5: Oh, comedian, comedian, extraordinary sport we have here also the greatest Indiana Pacers fan of all times.
Speaker 7: Guests ever on this podcast. Yes, I think yes.
Speaker 5: And now look at you last.
Speaker 7: I think you're pregnant then too.
Speaker 2: I'm always people are like, you're pregnant so much?
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, I think it's what do you think I came here for?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, you got there in the finals?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 5: So I guess do we just wrap up some other stuff around the league before whatever Tims tis.
Speaker 3: Done?
Speaker 1: Like immediately, I'm surprised, and I know I shouldn't be because James Dolan, he reminds me so much of what would have happened if we just let Trump buy that NFL team, right, have a team better timeline?
Speaker 8: So yeah, all right, So I don't like blaming the coach. Usually I don't think it was his fault. I think like the roster has some limitations that said, you can't break this team up at this like, and I feel like you gotta do something. And he got out coached, and you know, he got out coached by the out coacher in chief, you know, in Rick Carlisle, the only person who I think I've ever seen just out coach the other coach like every single round to a championship back in twenty eleven. So like, I feel like, no shame. At the same time, I don't know, it's it made sense, like this is this is a you can't really change much about this.
Speaker 7: Roster and it's not a TIBs roster.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I just I mean, I love that you don't like to blame the coach as a coach's son.
Speaker 7: That's weird.
Speaker 2: I think you're like, yeah, my dad is right.
Speaker 8: I think it was never my dad's fault, But other coaches it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't even study of.
Speaker 1: Your dad's teams left it. It is there is and it happens in the NFL too. There is this assumption that there's just a better coach out there, and it's like there's not like there there's all these firings that have happened, and it's like, okay, and what is the play. I know Knicks fans are delusional because they've been in my DMS.
Speaker 7: Sorry if you tell.
Speaker 1: Knicks fans at the start of this season you're gonna go to the Eastern Conference Finals.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're like him to a cheat. That's an overachievement.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's more than what anybody expected.
Speaker 8: And beating the Celtics on the way, like definitively he did.
Speaker 1: More with less, And like I am critical of TIBs because I want him to get married. You know, I think he's an eligible bachelor and I want a gal to scoop him up. But it's like, even in what you criticize him, like he doesn't play enough guys.
Speaker 2: Who else do you want him to play?
Speaker 4: Personally?
Speaker 2: I want him to play p J.
Speaker 1: Tucker because he's my number one celeb crush. But like, it's not like he was leaving guys on the bench that like had more to give.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 8: I like it was it's like, okay, I understand that move. And then people are like, so, who's it going to be Coach Bud. I was like, wait, coach Bud, like like that that just happened with the Sons where they were like, we're firing Vogel it was his fault, all right, We're gonna go with coach Bud. It was like, wait, I don't think that's necessarily the step up that you guys seeming on that real quick even you.
Speaker 1: Like bring up vocal and it's like the Lakers should have never fired Franklin.
Speaker 2: Like like you look.
Speaker 1: There now, there this many coaches past that, and I think they're probably like, well, that was a mistake, like they I still think about the time when the Pacers fired Nate McMillan and go, I wish we hadn't done that.
Speaker 2: Like there there's.
Speaker 1: Just so much like yet easy scapego and obviously they know more than we do. Like maybe they're like Jaylen didn't like him, but I don't like is Rick Brunson leaving?
Speaker 2: Are they promoting him like his dad is interesting?
Speaker 7: Yeah, people are talking though.
Speaker 8: You know what everybody's saying, would be the ideal coaching replacement, You go get Jay Wright, doc Rivers obviously obviously doc Rivers always gonna be your first choice, but Jay Wright and just like go full nova on it just he's I mean he retired. He retired at a very young age. I'm just saying, like, it's going to keep going until Jay Wright is the coach and they like make them go to class during the day and like play their home games in Villanova.
Speaker 3: Oh, you guys live now in the NYU dorms.
Speaker 4: Actually, I hope on his.
Speaker 1: Name he's from that coaching family. The Yukon coach that like faked out the Lakers last year who didn't want to.
Speaker 2: Leave the host coach Dan.
Speaker 1: When he's stopping, I love it, and it's like, do they try and go get him because then his wife could stay in Connecticut and use her same hairdresser.
Speaker 3: I don't know, that's it.
Speaker 7: That's the main thing. That's the main question.
Speaker 8: I can't wait to see who does that one, because from all it, from all available evidence, that's going to go badly for whoever. I hope it's not the Knicks who make that mistake, because I just sometimes you can be too tightly wound for the NBA, and I think crazy we might be dealing with one of those. But yeah, I don't I one hundred percent agree. I was like, Okay, I see where they're going and then any of the names that have been mentioned. I'm like, wait, for real, that's where we're at, like already. I mean, yeah, maybe Vogel.
Speaker 7: I don't know. There are good coaches out there.
Speaker 1: Maybe I know his buyout just dropped from ten million to one million. Maybe Bill Belichick, like he is the best coach available. They're just like, could he do it?
Speaker 4: That's right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe we go Belichick.
Speaker 3: He just needs to sign Tom Brady for a toork.
Speaker 1: I know Knicks fans are really sad. I'd like to remind Knicks fans that the Knicks are still on television right now because Charles Oakley's wife is on this season of Real Housewives of Atlanta and he is delivering some of the most incredible apathetic house husband energy that has ever been experienced. No, notes doesn't doesn't like anyone. There's like a rumor that he had a baby out of wedlock, and she's like, can you clear this up?
Speaker 2: And he's like, I don't really care, Like it's.
Speaker 4: Just I don't even want to put forth the energy.
Speaker 1: Chiming in being like it seems like you don't like your wife, and he's like, let them believe what they want.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, I mean he's going off the.
Speaker 2: Bravo.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's uh, it's interesting times for Knicks fans. I agree, like they they did everything I wanted them to, a huge salute to them.
Speaker 3: The content I came for absolutely the Celtics.
Speaker 8: I say, as long as the Celtics don't fire their coach, I'm happy because you know.
Speaker 7: He we need him, we need him, he is the one.
Speaker 8: Him and then Jason Tatum at the end of games of the two things that are keeping the rest of the league in this uh, you know, prior to the injury, like Mozola got out coached by the guy who just got fired. Let's let's stick with that one, baby, Let's run it back.
Speaker 3: Here's an idea, coach swamp.
Speaker 4: No, I don't want that really fun do not want.
Speaker 5: But actually, speaking of Knicks fans and your DMS, Megan, So after that first Game one and ty Reese hit the choke, I remember, I hit you up because you post on your stories and for me it wasn't because I took offense.
Speaker 3: I was just like, okay, this is I don't want to jinx it. And I was like, choke too soon.
Speaker 5: In game one, You're like, nah, they choke was not You're like, what else do you do?
Speaker 3: You do the choke?
Speaker 6: Choke?
Speaker 1: I was like it had been like if it had been like trading towards the end, but they actually choked, he has said, and I and I do believe this is true. He's like, if I had known it was a two, I never would have done that, you know, like he hit the choke, we thought it was a three. My toddler will not stop doing.
Speaker 8: He didn't choke, like the International sign of choking you need your toddler to learn is like not a not off limits.
Speaker 1: He is like dunking on little type things and then doing the choke to our entire family.
Speaker 5: Has anyone done the original Reggie Miller choke? But in that painting the scream, I feel like that could be really.
Speaker 8: Sorry.
Speaker 5: That's for a very talented Pacers fan to make.
Speaker 3: But yeah, here we are, here.
Speaker 2: We are tattoos. I don't know that that person exists.
Speaker 3: So what do you want? A flag or a gun?
Speaker 8: This must have been such an incredible run. I have been more thrilled by this Pacers team coming in completely no horse of the ring, you know, like I love Giannis so like that first series I I was like, the Pacers are gonna win this. I would like to see it be a good series. And so you know, I've never been like really rooting for them to just like take the team out, but every single time, like they just the comebacks have been It's the only time I was like texting Jamari and Miles like during that Milwaukee comeback, just being like what just yeah, like I've I've never seen anything like that, and they've done that every single round.
Speaker 7: Yeah, It's it's unbelievable.
Speaker 8: Like I I am very confused by what what like what the odds are heading into these finals. I just I feel like there's like a force of nature vibe to both of these teams. Obviously the thunder a little on the nose. To have a force of nature vibe to your team when.
Speaker 1: Storms, we have tornadoes, we are also part of tornado.
Speaker 8: You guys are also like cornerly on the nose with Pacers, and like you win with pace. It's like the Warriors were like the Golden State three point shoot shot makers. It's like all right, man, it's.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There is definitely like the magic that feels yeah, and and I think that happens with Super Bowl runs too, where it's just like, oh, this team had like destiny, a coach had a sick kid, and we got the recipe and now they're good to go. Yeah they are. Because I've watched a good amount of regular season games. They're a maddening team because you just see them be able to do this and then sometimes like not be doing it, and you know, yes and and you and nothing.
Speaker 2: Bothers me more.
Speaker 1: And this makes me feel like an elder than seeing Miles or anyone over seven feet just jack up a three and I'm like getting the paint.
Speaker 2: I'm at myles turning.
Speaker 3: I'm not in the finals.
Speaker 1: You're right should be, but there there does seem And that's why when people, you know, and they're again dming me and they're like you're gonna get your ass kicked, it's like, well, what would have happened to you, guys, because.
Speaker 2: We just kicked your acts.
Speaker 7: So I do.
Speaker 1: Think I get that people are like the thunder are gonna rock them, but it's like we don't know enough about the thunder in these type of situations to be like, yeah, they're just gonna be fine.
Speaker 7: Well, it's the.
Speaker 5: Same thing people are like, well you know, the Pacers never seen a defense like the Thunder, and the Thunder have never seen an offense like the Pacers.
Speaker 7: Nobody has.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they have the only comebacks of that size in that amount of time in NBA history. Uh and they did it three times. Nobody's seen an offense like this.
Speaker 1: And that's why when people are like, oh, no, one's gonna watch this, it's like, Okay, first of all, do you work for ABC? Why do you care? And then if you were to say, what doesn't matter to you? You know, like is your job in jeopardy? And then if you were to be like, the best defense is going up against the best offense, regardless of where they're playing. To me as a fan, that's exciting to see because you get to see who.
Speaker 2: Wins, that happens.
Speaker 1: And I know I keep saying this, like this happens in the NFL all the time. We are we would never be like get the Packers out of here. That's the smallest market in all of sports.
Speaker 2: Right, and we're not like Boob Green.
Speaker 1: Bay, you tiny losers were right, Oh they've got something going on.
Speaker 2: Let's see some magic happen ryes.
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 8: But just to like speak to the odds. This is the big the most lopsided odds heading into a finals since Kevin Durant was on the Golden State three point shoot makers. Like yeah, like the year where they swept Lebron, like the one where there is like Lebron played better than I've ever seen anybody play in a single game in game one and they still lost because that Jared Smith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh im that year, that game with someone so annoying.
Speaker 8: That year when they were like so unstoppable. That was the last time anyone was favored by this much. And I agree, like, okay, Ce has looked awesome at times in these playoffs, but like there were games against the Nuggets where their offense was like really struggling, like really struggling.
Speaker 5: And I mean yeah, because if it's not if it's not Shaye, then like Chet or j Dub has to step up, and if they're both gone, then it's like, m now you got problems.
Speaker 3: Now you got problems.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think with the Jokic thing, I feel like that's where I know Miles Turner's three point shooting was frustrating, but that's where I see like something from that Denver series or Yeah, that the that the Pacers can replicate because having Miles Turner out there as a shooting threat too, that spreads them, That spreads them out.
Speaker 3: Thing.
Speaker 1: They can have nine guys that score twenty points and like that's not even like I know that sounds crazy, but it's like you like they'll be like, Okay, Benedict's had.
Speaker 2: Twenty one points. It's like he did.
Speaker 1: Carlisle was going to kill him yesterday. Like they just they just have these guys that can score. And it's just I would understand if it was a lopsided if like OKAC had like swept through the playoffs and won last year, like if they were but it's like, what, what is it that we are so certain that this coach whose name I don't even remember, Yeah.
Speaker 7: They marked he's good.
Speaker 8: Okay, I will say, like this is the best coach that the Pacers have faced in the this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not better?
Speaker 8: Is not He's not better than Carlile. I don't think an adjustments, Like I truly like still put Carlisle in a separate category. Maybe Spolstra is like in there because he was able to take that eight seed Heat team to the finals, But like Carlisle taking Dallas like to a title in twenty eleven, Like he's just able to figure things out in a seven game series that are the exact thing that the other team doesn't want you to figure out and like put you in a weird like just what they did to like Brunson, where you know you just almost like didn't want Brunson bringing the ball up the court, like, which is crazy, like you always want the ball in his hands. But like if you're a Knicks fan, you're kind of like, ah, like they he's he's able to find a way to like just really show the fissures and then you know, great coaching staff.
Speaker 1: I do think so last time Pacers run was two thousand, it was that they came up against an incredible you know, Kobe Shack Lakers team.
Speaker 2: It only went five. It was it was a gentleman's sweep. It was quick.
Speaker 1: Like it's like, yeah, okay, I could I could see that happening.
Speaker 2: That would not shock me. I think there's way more.
Speaker 1: Pressure on the Thunder, especially for like a young team that hasn't actually accomplished anything yet. And this whole time, what I do think has made the Pacers scary and what always makes teams scary is that they are playing with house money. It was like, okay, great, we've got nothing to lose now, yea, so let's go out. They like being at game six, it was so crazy the amount of fast breaks, Like it felt like they had seventy five and that the Knicks had zero. And it was like the first half it was like we should be down ten and we were up four. So even when they're like not clicking, they have these tricky threes. They have these guys that can come in. Is anybody gonna be able to guard Chat? I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, probably not, But I mean but I think Chet's your problem.
Speaker 5: But like, yeah, you guys have coped when you've had like those unguardable players like and all that.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, Brett's scored forty easily, and it was like, okay, well we have that's only got you know, Cat's not gonna score twenty one every game.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's take a quick break. I want to just keep talking about this afterwards. Cool, right back, and we're back.
Speaker 7: We're back. Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 8: I just I have a feeling that the way that Carlile's. I mean, like remember like twenty eleven, the thing you figured out was that like there was a problem with Lebron's game that he didn't like have a post up game and also was not a lockdown shooter and kind of like they hadn't figured out the dynamic between Lebron and Wade yet and they like I've never seen somebody like what they did to Lebron was like cruel in the in that final, like he's just able to like figure things out and like put you in the most uncomfortable position that like even your coach might not know that like you have.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 8: And it'll be interesting because I think the Thunder are pro Like I think there's there's some there's some shakiness there.
Speaker 7: So I think the ok so, he should be a slight favorite. I'm not gonna be.
Speaker 8: Surprised if they win, but I'm shocked by the lopsided just.
Speaker 5: Like in The Intangibles though, like to make into what you were saying, like, I think the best thing for the Pacers is that the Thunder is so heavily like favorited here, Yeah, because it's just because their whole this whole thing's been like Okay, y'all y'all want to find out too, that's fine. Over nothing nothing changes, Yeah, nothing changes for them, like mentally going into these games where now the Thunders like, y'all, we're.
Speaker 3: The week they everyone needs us to win. Vegas says we're winning. We just it has to happen.
Speaker 2: We have the MVP, this is our time. It should We should have probably done it last year.
Speaker 1: I genuinely think if Tyresee is not voted by fourteen players, like like it was the entire league, if fourteen players have not had not voted him most overrated, I don't think the Pacers are in the finals. I think that like, yeah, click, you know how there's I mean, you saw it in the last dance how Jordan would like And I'm not saying he's Michael Jor, but there are people that just can like feed on like, oh, you don't think I can do it, and I'm gonna do it. And I would like to tell you I'm not one of those. If you don't think I can do something, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 7: I will collapse probably immediately.
Speaker 2: His tim off in a way, and they all seemed to like.
Speaker 1: Rally around it, and it felt very obvious that it was Bucks players and Knicks players. So it was like, Okay, you think I'm overrated, then I'm going to come into your home and I'm going to kiss your mother on her lips and then and then choke as I'm walking out of your house.
Speaker 3: All that number I gave her, that's a fake number.
Speaker 7: That is wild.
Speaker 8: That Yeah, like talk about like nobody believes in us, Like he was literally as you're ahead. End of the playoffs, the player poll came out and the most overrated player, which like didn't make sense at all.
Speaker 7: I would say, like no streakiest player.
Speaker 8: Like person who from on one night I'm like he's the best player in the league to another night being like he's asleep.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 7: Like is he does he have the flu? What is going on? Like?
Speaker 8: And that that is my one fear for the Pacers is just that he can be inconsistent. But he certainly hasn't looked inconsistent and inconsistent in these when he.
Speaker 1: Has these down games, it's because having thirty nine, Yeah, you know, it's like we forget like Siakam one MVP.
Speaker 2: Sakham was the was the All Star this year.
Speaker 1: He has won a ring, like there are guys around him that it's like, yeah, when when Tyrese sometimes goes for like sixteen, he still has twelve systs.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, exactly, yeah on his jump passing. That's like, I just love everything about It's just there's something about how fluid the offense is and all these cuts and things that seemingly look so chaotic, but they all have this purpose is to just cos That's why I'm so excited to see this matchup, because the amount of movement from the Pacers with a team with the Thunder who like, well, we will just clamp onto you, and to see how that shakes out.
Speaker 3: I can't wait, and I'm hoping that it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry. Now I'm hosting and Now Ask You Questions podcast. Thank you for being on Mad Boosti's it. Do you think this is like we can finally go oh, the super team does not work?
Speaker 8: I mean that definitely seems like where we're at right now this season like it without a doubt, like the league seemed. I mean, whatever, whatever these new rules are, it feels like they've made it so that you don't need a super team. I don't know what it is you need, Like I don't know what all of these teams have in common. Like three of the four final you know, Eastern Conference, Western Conference finals teams had like dominant point guards. But then they were like they feel such different roles on their team.
Speaker 2: You know, you need time.
Speaker 1: I think you need a good GM because like now it's like, where's Johannis gonna go? And you hear like the Lakers and it's like, guys, I don't know that that's gonna work, Like like I get why you think that's gonna work, but like the Lakers that they were one piece away and they lost in the first round, and like you put Giannis on the Knicks and then you have to give up so much. Yeah, but then then whoever is the new TIBs has two players?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The off season signing of Alex Crusoe and uh heart and yeah hard and seeing like those were the big off season signings that actually, you know matter. The Luca trade broke everyone's brain. Brain still still don't understand. But the big moves that are like mattering are the Pacers adding Siakam a couple of years ago, the you know, just acquiring pieces that don't stop time in its place. But like are just like, man, that's a smart move and then build out, you know.
Speaker 1: And the Lakers may still do that, and that's just not like what they usually.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think they make good, like small moves. I feel like they've got a good GM. But the how smart the Siakam thing is in retrospect, like seeing all these like off season workout videos where he's you know, just has the team at his house just you know, working out and then just like telling them what it takes to win a championship, Like all.
Speaker 4: That stuff is just so.
Speaker 8: Valuable and in a way that like I just feel like nobody was really aware of or at least you know. I mean, obviously the Pacers knew it, but I don't know the Pacers GM's name.
Speaker 7: So there.
Speaker 5: M Richard also shout out Jenny Bouseck persistent Wow, because I was just reading about how like she was like all those clutch, those crunch time like football plays, like she's drawing those up, and I'm like, that's another feather in your cap that I think could really bear a ton of fruit. Like if these games get tight, because down to the wire and you're like, well, we got a couple of seconds to do something.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, whatever Jenny says.
Speaker 2: She's incredible. It definitely.
Speaker 1: I just like love pop and Rick Carlisle being like I have a right hand woman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like do not send a man to do a woman's job.
Speaker 1: I was at the neighborhood pool yesterday and I'm like, that's Jenny Bouseck. Like she had no she had eight Icelandic people around her, and I'm like, I'm not even kidding, like eight Icelandic people. I'm like, Mom, that's her, and my mom was like that's who. And then I'm like Eves dropping in and I'm like her and so her like I'm like, Jenny, I gotta come over.
Speaker 2: I want to be your best friend. And then she.
Speaker 1: Ordered pizza to the neighborhood pool and I go, that's clutch, that's who you want, right.
Speaker 4: That's so cool.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And that's also just like building on the momentum, you know, like when you are like having a run like this, going to the neighborhood pool as the assistant coach and just ordering pizza to the neighborhood pool, those are plus signs rolling with Icelandic people. You don't even speak Icelandic. You don't know who these people are.
Speaker 5: Well, she played a nice yeah, I like it better. I like it better if she was like, I'm really into York. I just like the vibe Icelandic people around me. That's how I get down.
Speaker 8: Let me leave my stupid version of things and not the not the real one please all right.
Speaker 5: I was just I did a deep dive on her because I once because I got so into just everything that's happening from a like a tactical x's and o's thing with the pacers, and once I started realizing that like these like sort of end of game crunch time moments we're all at like Jenny from Jenny Bouse's mind, I'm like, this is fantastic.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean just as a woman, I was like, who's that hot blonde woman?
Speaker 7: Like yeah, what?
Speaker 1: I just like, you know, it's how I felt about Becky Hammond. You just like and you can I think like as a fan too, you can tell when someone is being listened to. So it's not just like, oh they.
Speaker 2: Have a female assistant.
Speaker 1: There's the there's the bald guy and he is the one that tells them to challenge or not.
Speaker 2: I always love to find out who.
Speaker 7: Is the guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, because you see everybody going and then they don't. It's like he saw it.
Speaker 1: He said no, and then it was like Carlyle is with this woman all the time like she is, and she was with him in the map at the MAVs like she is his his right hand gal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why I'm hoping, Like I like to your point, pop Rick, Carlyle, I'm hoping with JJ Reddick hiring Lindsay Harden as the Lakers first female, so maybe there's something there.
Speaker 3: There's something there for us positive and.
Speaker 1: Like I'm available. I don't really have good insight, but like I'll.
Speaker 5: Come energy bench energy in bench absolutely vibes. Yeah, they're like, what about the trainers. I'm like, the right, they won't get injured. I promise you I will be pregnant. We won't need physiotherapists because Megan's energy will protect everybody.
Speaker 3: And that's the logic I will apply.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Is JJ Redick a classically trained pianist to uh scratch golfer who makes his own golf clubs and uh nationally ranked table tennis player, Because uh, you might need those intangibles. You're going to be stepping up to the Rick Carlisle level.
Speaker 1: The house was really good on open door, but that was his wife, I think yeah, because he didn't really talk in it.
Speaker 2: Interesting, you know, and you're like, oh, we got JJ's wife.
Speaker 5: Okay, great, So Megan going into this are what's your what are your two three biggest any fears going into this finals? And how like I know, obviously you're going to back your tea, so you see them walking away with this thing, But going into that, what are the things that keep you up?
Speaker 1: I'm like, so genuinely happy to be here. I don't really have any fears. I love that this is already to beat because like I also love GI honest, I also love the Calves. I have so many ex boyfriends from Cleveland. I think Cleveland is like one of.
Speaker 10: The greatest capital of America.
Speaker 1: Like I love so it was like, oh, to beat the bucks in the Calves were like, oh, okay, that's who I was kind of gonna.
Speaker 2: Root for if like we weren't. But then to beat the next like it feels so good.
Speaker 1: Obviously, and I like SGA, Like I don't dislike the thunder c J.
Speaker 2: My husband has told me because like I did, I think.
Speaker 1: Jaylen Brunson's so good and like, I think his dry sense of humor is funny.
Speaker 2: I do find I don't know.
Speaker 1: That he's flopping, but he is theatrical in a way that, yeah, that I did find annoying.
Speaker 8: The theatrics mister Brunson.
Speaker 1: And CJ was like, oh, if you don't like his theatrics, oh, you're not gonna like watching s g A.
Speaker 7: And I'm like when I've.
Speaker 1: Watched him, and he's like, yeah, but it's it looks like I there's like I I think.
Speaker 2: Chet looks like Ichabod Crane, Like there's.
Speaker 1: Enough for me to like get behind that when they when they do cutaways to the thunder fans, you might as well be in Indianapolis. Like it's not there's not this like Hicks Nicks we hate each other. I would have probably rather played the Timberwolves, and like if Aunt beat us, there would still be that like joy to it. I've heard a lot of Pacers fans be like, oh, we wish we were playing the Nuggets, and I'm like, I can't see Peyton Manning sit courtside at another Nuggets game and not lose my mind on somebody we're coming up against. A really good team. What I'm at actually worried about is that there's two days between each game. I find that to be disrespectful of our time.
Speaker 3: Yea, let's.
Speaker 7: Today.
Speaker 2: This flight is like an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: This is a regional flight, you know, like you could drive this, Like what do we come.
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 2: Like that's annoying.
Speaker 1: My brother is coming home, Like I don't know, there's just some there's like a charm happening here that.
Speaker 2: Already feels really special.
Speaker 1: And I've seen hilarious memes of Jim Ersay being an angel and directing the facers.
Speaker 2: It's like, guys, it's not.
Speaker 1: Even the right sport, but like of sure that it really does feel like we've already like won something. I'm nervous for next year because I do think we've made a lot of enemies.
Speaker 2: I think this put this puts a target on your back. For sure.
Speaker 3: That's fine, that's fine, but you know heavy lies the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 8: Eastern Conference and when you're raising that Eastern Conference Finals banner, I think this.
Speaker 7: I think the Pacers do it.
Speaker 8: If I gambled more like I only gamble when I'm like in Vegas and there's like money in my hand, and then I'll be like, I'll go over there.
Speaker 3: Just one in a free blackjackand.
Speaker 2: In a in a casino. I'm too emotional.
Speaker 5: I get.
Speaker 3: It's gonna die.
Speaker 1: When Halliburton hit that two that we thought was a three, I don't even was like, oh, I'm going into labor because I can't also have a financial stake in right right, right.
Speaker 8: I do wonder we need to, like, look, we need a statistician to look into whether more births occurred at that moment, because that was one of the wildest things that oh yeah, I've ever seen Miles who you think is gonna be?
Speaker 5: I like I said, everything in my life is yellow. My son's favorite color is yellow. Right now, there's a new push of t clip song where he talks about the color yellow. I also, I think for me personally, because I was sleeping on the Pacers for that reason alone, and now like really diving back in and just really getting a lay of the land, I'm like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a fool for really not for not backing this team sooner and for that. I absolutely I think the Patiers I want the Pacers to do it again. Obviously, I'm no stranger to what the Thunder have on offer, and that's gonna be substantial.
Speaker 3: But for me, personally, I'm pulling for the Pacers. To me, it doesn't seem so outlandish to think that they could win. So I think they'll do it in about I think they'll do it in six.
Speaker 8: Jabar thinks we're being foolish.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 5: To me, know, I'm also a Sonics. I loved the Sonics, so for that, I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't the Thunder and I know it's not their fault. But again, that's.
Speaker 2: Just an underdog run is fun.
Speaker 8: An underdog run is fun. A team that is like just feels like a team of destiny, like the we're hearing those runs, like those like comebacks that last forty five seconds and like they come back from like fourteen points. Those just feel I feel like that psychologically has to mess with the other team. You need to get one of those thing more early, because once that happens, it's like we're never safe.
Speaker 4: Like we're never safe.
Speaker 1: And after Game one, like other people I would talk to who are not Pacers fans, were like, it's done.
Speaker 7: It's not right.
Speaker 1: They can't emotionally and mentally come back from letting that slip away, and I'm like no, And then I think of my own athletic career and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd be done.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that be hard.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm retiring.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm like looking back at the text from the Pacers Bucks series, Jack, like you were saying, You're like, did you just see how Pacers closed them out? That was insane. They were down six twice in the last couple of minutes. Can't believe they won that. And then you went on and said, let's see, you said, I think Pace are my new team, my new biggest hope to beat the Celtics, right, and they don't even have.
Speaker 8: To have to You just have to beat the team that beat the Celtics pretty convincingly. Both they beat the Celtics convincingly. You beat them pretty convincingly, of property, But yeah, I mean that's the highest praise you can get because I only root against the Celtics. I don't root for anyone, any for any for any real I believe in nasing the seventy six US have crushed my heart. All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and then when we come back fourth.
Speaker 3: Corner, rapid fire round of questioning with Megan Gaily.
Speaker 7: Right after Megan thinks we're gonna go easy on her.
Speaker 8: After after that, after us saying all that nice stuff about the pacers, this is.
Speaker 4: Where we get mean, really rud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple of rude boys.
Speaker 5: After this, and we're back, Magan Gaily, is time for the fourth quarter round question the fast question answerment all sports podcasting History're gonna ask you a question.
Speaker 3: You just respond reflexively.
Speaker 5: Don't think, keep it quick, keep our title of the and of the most sports quick sports. But then exactly how I was saying it, the most quick sports, most quick sports.
Speaker 3: How I'm saying it, Please answer quickly or.
Speaker 5: We will be rude quick sportsly, Please answer sportsly quick?
Speaker 7: Ok, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'd also like to give myself, you know, a bit of a mull again. I am third trimester pregnant, and the other day I was not able to identify a cow.
Speaker 2: A pig, and a chicken before I even got to a cow.
Speaker 7: So uh huh, that's fine.
Speaker 4: That was though, strain.
Speaker 1: That was as Nicks fans love to bring up. Educated in the forty third education system.
Speaker 7: You picked the food groups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good chicken whatever.
Speaker 3: Oh the milk one. It's the milk one. Okay, you accept the challenge.
Speaker 5: That means briantlock Jack, you want to go first?
Speaker 8: I go first.
Speaker 4: It's mad again.
Speaker 7: I have to start off the energy. You can go. You can go first.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go, Megan, you can get with this or you can get with that. Okay.
Speaker 5: This is a player you would rather see Shay back in the.
Speaker 3: Nineties, more prime and healthy. Penny Hardaway intoday's game.
Speaker 2: Oh Penny Hardaway anytime of the year.
Speaker 3: Fantastic about then?
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 3: Little Penny.
Speaker 2: Do my brothers did that? I was allowed to maybe?
Speaker 6: Okay? God me, the Secret Service couldn't guard me.
Speaker 5: That's what Chris Rocketts say out of that health yep, I remember that one.
Speaker 7: Terrible according to people.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, but do you really think that like better commercials? Obviously shed right like between the two. I mean, we have Little Penny versus Shay and Chad and the matching outfits with a little imagined dragons. We love them, don't we think? Imagine dragons they have good politics.
Speaker 3: Just imagine these dragons, will you for a moment?
Speaker 10: Imagine now, imagine they're White next what wait, okay, oh you oh sorry, so yes, all right, Halliburton on those nineties Pacers teams or Prime Reggie joining this current squad.
Speaker 1: I think Halliburton on the nineties teams because I think they would have like truly tortured him.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, the man on these teams. But I think like Rick Smith's would.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, Rick Smith's was not having it.
Speaker 8: So just for like the sitcom Fish out of Water potential. You like Halliburton on those nineties teams, they would.
Speaker 1: Have been making him carry like my little pony rookie backpack even in his like seventh year.
Speaker 3: What's Mark Jackson? How do you think Mark Jackson?
Speaker 1: Mark Jackson won't even talk to him if he comes and sit next to him on the plane.
Speaker 2: Mark Jackson is like, get out of this seat, or.
Speaker 3: He'll be like you better marry that young woman. I do.
Speaker 2: But Reggie loves him. Reggie is like, this is my guy. But like Chris Mullen is like.
Speaker 8: This, yeah, yeah, how did you feel about Reggie doing the games in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Speaker 1: I got engaged in front of a mirror of Reggie. Reggie is my favorite all time. I love him. I worship him. Him and Halliburton pointing at each other after the troke in MSG like, he is just such a classic troll and I'm so happy he's my troll.
Speaker 3: That's how it works.
Speaker 8: Would she more troll to the like booth a little bit? I wish he had more of the personality he showed on the court when he was.
Speaker 5: I think it's because he's not competing, you know, That's what I think brings it out of him. It's like when he's competing, then it's just like like you've activated dark Reggie.
Speaker 3: Ye also love him because he was a Bruin too.
Speaker 5: While Lebron, Steph and Katie they continue to impress despite their high ages.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm the same age. But no one's really talk.
Speaker 5: It is clear we have seen the official changing of the guard in terms of the faces of the NBA.
Speaker 3: So who are the new faces of the league moving for?
Speaker 1: I think Jalen Brunson, even though he doesn't want to smile.
Speaker 2: Aunt.
Speaker 1: I really we need Aunt to have that breakout and it's like still like he's like right right on.
Speaker 2: The cot, He's right on the cusp of that. I think Tyrese.
Speaker 1: I think Tyresee has gained so many fans and people that hate him through this, and that's what you actually, like, really need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gosh, I got.
Speaker 4: A pick like I like those three.
Speaker 2: My husband would say, Austin Reeves. I'm gonna I guess Austin Reeves fan.
Speaker 4: Austin Reeves.
Speaker 8: You could just put him in a period piece, like from the nineteen forties in the South, Like that's what like, he just I look at his face. I look at his face and I'm like, this is one of the vampires from Sinner.
Speaker 3: He just has or he looks like he's in a Ken Burns documentary and Burns document.
Speaker 8: There's something he looks like like he and Jerry West played ball together, like you know, like he had a two handed set shot and then he gets out there and you know plays you know, eurosteppee fun basketball. All right, So who is the player everybody's gonna be talking, where's gianness going, what's gonna what's gonna happen? Who is the player that we won't be paying enough attention to that will swing the most wins this offseason? Like we're you know the way that Alex Cruso or Part and Steam.
Speaker 2: Is it mean, if I say Russ retiring.
Speaker 8: Wow, that's really nice.
Speaker 2: Actually, I love Russ.
Speaker 1: I am a like top ten Russ fan of all time. But I do wonder when it's gonna end. Yeah, it's probably not gonna be now. I'm maybe PJ Tucker.
Speaker 7: He's still sneaker.
Speaker 2: He didn't play one second.
Speaker 8: He didn't he didn't play one seconds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tobbism to Basm All right, here we go, Megan. We're gonna say a team, or say a player, and you tell us what team they're playing on next season.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, be honest. Personally, i'd like to see him stay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Milwaukee Millwauke Hey, all right, Jah gosh, the Bulls.
Speaker 2: I love Jah. I don't know. I would also like to see him stay. I just like love him. I could see Chicago liking him. Yeah, Okay, Kevin Durant, I'm gonna say the Lakers.
Speaker 8: It seems like I think they would do that to me.
Speaker 2: I think they would. I think they would. And then he gets there, and then Lebron.
Speaker 4: Wins one last trip right right right, So.
Speaker 2: Then it's Luca and Katie and Lebron is back on the Caps.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 8: Okay, so Lebron to the Caps and you heard it amazing. Well, Megan Gaily, you got every single one of those answers correct.
Speaker 2: And I didn't even use t J McConnell as an answer.
Speaker 8: I know that was that was the player who's gonna swing the most wins.
Speaker 7: We won't be.
Speaker 8: Paying, but they're going to sign him to the super Max this season.
Speaker 1: He could have a good finals he got. He goes out there and he hustles. I could see him kissing somebody off on Okay, see.
Speaker 8: Right, he's watching him play is like you ever see those old family circus things where it's like they trace the line as the kids like walking around the town line.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the dashed line.
Speaker 8: Like that's what Like, I feel like TJ McConnell just like is running around in circles, like just testing different things out, just like it's a different positions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but my toddler plays just like him, Yeah, but like a good toddler. And also, if there's a way Jenny Boussek is listening to this, please tell Obi Toppin that the Thunder also traded him, because that really see so like we just need to tell Obi Toppin that every team they're playing was where he was born where he was drafted and then traded him away.
Speaker 3: I said, and they didn't believe on you, but that's.
Speaker 2: Look you were your street ball dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't and raised him Bushwick exactly. Megan, where do the people find you and follow you? Hear you all that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I am a co host a sports podcast called sports Bitches with Rachel Bonetta and Sarah Tiana. We have been acquired by a new podcast company, so we will be relaunching you right after I launched this baby out of me.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, I'm not on tour.
Speaker 1: I'm not on tour right now because I'm about to have a baby. But I did film a special three weeks ago and that will be forthcoming as soon as it's ready, and I can't wait for people to see it. There's a mouth at the Palace joke, there's a Charles Barkley joke, a lot of NBA material in it.
Speaker 4: Incredible.
Speaker 3: I expect nothing less. What about social media?
Speaker 1: Oh, you can buy me at better Megan Gaily on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I've left X I'm barely on TikTok. You can DM me. I want to talk.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to people about anything. Anything you want to talk to me about it, will.
Speaker 3: Well, you can follow us.
Speaker 5: I'm at miles of Gray everywhere.
Speaker 8: I'm Jack Underscore O'Brian on Twitter and jack Obie the number one on Blue Scott There it.
Speaker 5: Is follow that hashtag mat Boostie's for show links updates, and that's how you can find the invite to the discord.
Speaker 3: And that's gonna do it for us this week.
Speaker 5: The finals kickball Thursday, and we will be back to see if our assumptions were correct and not completely humiliated by.
Speaker 7: My new found love.
Speaker 4: But we'll see.
Speaker 3: I still lose and I think you should do all right?
Speaker 5: Yes, sorry later on, byes bye