Speaker 1: That's not the plan, yo. Bootleg CAV Show, Bootleg CAV Podcast special guests are here. They just dropped the joint album. It's only right, big hit hit boy. What's the deal? Bro? It's crazy because you and I have done a bunch of interviews and we always talk about when your dad's getting home and you're home, man, welcome home, brother, Look good. Look. I gotta say I've never seen somebody, any rapper ever come home maybe boozy and just be just non stop dropping shit like you came home on a mission. Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, overdue mission, man, you no stop mission?
Speaker 1: How long were you going? Eight or nine years? Yep? Yeah, it's crazy. You could probably tell me when Grounding my whole life ended up coming out. You're obviously you're in the music video. It's a moment the HS eighty seven album comes out. Were you able to kind of like see like the g Unit remix of that song and all that stuff when you were out or did that all happen? Like? What? What? What? At what point in time?
Speaker 2: Did we was in New York when we actually thought the song was our song. We was riding in New York and we heard it, We heard him, were like what the fuck, Like my nigga, you need to holler at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, that was a crazy moment because because like like you said, I think a lot of people, especially on the East Coast, had kind of like saying.
Speaker 2: Go shit, what're saying?
Speaker 1: You don't even take your wife back? For people who don't know, the last time he was on the show, he had a dinosaur mask on. We're gonna have to cut to that. Don't forget his iPad. iPad is a must. Sure, no, but I think a lot of a lot of people who weren't hip to what y'all were doing assumed that was like a G unit record. That was wild. That was wild.
Speaker 3: Like I remember we we was in New York, like you said, we landed, we heard that joint and we actually pulled up on fifty and chopped it with him that day, and the nigga was like showing love, like he was breaking down niggas versus knew who everybody was on the song. I had the whole squad out there in New York, you know what I mean. So you know what I mean. But then it kind of just like fast forward just kind of was like niggas they low key just snatched the swag up.
Speaker 1: They didn't for sure.
Speaker 3: That's one of my favorite I mean I was like the last uh, you know time niggas took g Unit series.
Speaker 1: Was like all Norse swags. So that's actually not too far from the truth in terms of a group living. I don't know if anybody.
Speaker 3: Else literally is the truth. That was the last moment they had, you know what I mean, because they had.
Speaker 1: Even what was that random dude that a kid kid was on it? Right? What was that who was on it? Kid Kid was on that remix? Th So one of the random dude who ended up in Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know he said that. He said that, man, you dropped, you brought gu in it back. My nigga gave me a hug. Yeah, you feel real, nigga. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So what was did you guys play this on phone? Calls this whole like, hey, are you him? Like, yo, son, I got I got these raps ready? Or you did you come out with this? A notebook full of shit?
Speaker 2: Man? Noble trash bags, a lot, a lot man, you know a lot. Well, you know, we was in contact the whole time, Brough, So I was on the thank thinking we was keeping in contact, Like he put me on this last CD.
Speaker 1: In Circles Round one.
Speaker 3: He started it off with a rat from prison, So I remember I was just ill for him to be on nine out of ten songs on this one.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, It's only right for you hit. I know, like how important it is to have your dad home. Man, Like it's dope too to kind of you're having like your renaissance. I feel like you're like in your like ninety five, ninety six, ninety seven Jordan years right now for sure, you know what I'm saying, Like you like dad comes home, You got four albums out with NAS, a Grammy for Album of the Year, Like nah, I mean even just like it's just crazy, like when you just put stuff in retrospect, like working with NAS and working with a mature rapper like you know, in a different age bracket than I am or whatever.
Speaker 3: The case is. It just prepared me for like recording big hit. Like it was just like a layup. Soon as he came in, we just like he had he had like a hundred songs and he only been home for two I mean a month and a half a month.
Speaker 1: Do you guys recorded a hundred He's recorded like.
Speaker 3: A hundred songs. Yeah, Jesus, not even exactly.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, man. Are you Are you free from like paperwork? Are you finally?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, I'm mining on ship. They held me like six years over my time man, no political prisoner type ship. Right, well, yeah, I got some millions coming from them. Lawsuit.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, So you're gonna you're shooting? Is it the corrections, the state and the judge, all.
Speaker 2: The ship, the prosecutors. Yeah, they gave me the legal sentence. They knew it was illegal before they gave it to me.
Speaker 1: What was it for? Run? Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 2: A car accident?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I may or may not hit a car in the parking lot and kept you moving. I've been in the position whereped down there at least seven or eight times when I was like twenty twenty two, no insurance, might tap somebody. You know what I'm saying? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nah, it's shit. Niggas just trying to rob me, you feel me. I'm coming from a humble county with like one hundred pounds a tree and niggas on we hitting red lights, running, niggas shooting all kinds of shit, and we crashed and jumped out and ran, but the other people got hurt. So they were saying that, you know, basically the whole argument was saying that I should have stopped and assisted the people in the car who were trying to rob you. There was no no, the other the other people got you know what I'm saying, somebody's trying to pull over, but we clipped them in the back and they flipped over and got hurt.
Speaker 1: So so and so. So it's because because people don't know Humble County is like a wild place, like yeah, it's like it's like Narco's in the forest out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that too, but it's a lawless lamb. They gets short. It's off the map. You got a lot of spots that's eving off the grid. You don't. You can't even google them, you know, they just word of mouth. You can't live in that community unless you grow on trees and all kinds of ship like you're not welcome.
Speaker 1: No, for sure. We had Burner on the show and he told us the story he had to go up a mountain to pick up like I think it was like a box, like one hundred pounds or something. Yeah, and he was he was afraid. Uh yeah, essentially some similar kind of had happened. Yeah, he was just explaining how crazy it is up there. It's like they got their own just.
Speaker 3: Telling me how you was like you had didn't know nobody. You was like talking to the homeless people.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When I got out, I was hearing about Humble County. You know, he's always buying that messking with compressed brown ship and that cush came about, Like fuck it, I gotta go up here. I just went up there with a pocket full of money, hanging out with the bums and you know, the homeless people and ship, and.
Speaker 1: They put you in the right direction away.
Speaker 2: They was the man, this ship, the homeless people was the demand.
Speaker 1: They said.
Speaker 2: I ended up and you know that's how linked up with them. We're just going out hanging out, just you know, they was hungry. Ship buying a fool. Like everything they wanted. I was boring. Oh fuck, I gotta get some fun. We gonna get some joint. They used to be talking like, man, go ahead and get what you want. And I'm buying a fool. I just need some we you know, I got some week come on in the back of the stores, like a river back there with tints and they living in the back of about the river and just a trail full of weeds plants.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Like with the fun now the homeless dudes, they're like growing, They're like growing, They're.
Speaker 2: Growing along the river, gorilla growing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But is it kind of crazy for you to get out? Because I mean obviously when you went in it was it was legal. It was it medically legal? No, hell no, it was medically I don't think it was. It might it might have.
Speaker 2: Talked about this last eight nine years. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah up there they was converting it.
Speaker 1: But how crazy is it now? Because like now you're out and this ship is like really just like yeah.
Speaker 2: The game is messed up. You can't really make no money off of it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: This is fucked up, especially yeah, because i you know, they're so with these dispensaries and the taxes and like it's just wild though, because like we just did this event called His Olympics with Gucci, Maine and Burner and that shit was like it's like the Weed Olympics just in the middle of downtown. Oh yeah, like ten years Yeah, like ten years ago. If you would have told me, I'd be like hanging out in downtown LA and just there's just an open drug market and there's police at the door and like what the fuck is going on? Yeah, and there's still people somehow like incarcerated in California for for weed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do that up there to reggae on the river. You know what I'm saying. Everybody come there with their special trees. They don'e cloned in special you know, hybrids and shit shone off. They they little shit wo come come up there and they go to the dispensaries and they regulate the clones and you know that's the thing. Get that main strain where they don't nobody have it and try to keep that strain and boom right.
Speaker 1: Yo, getting out after eight or nine years, sitting down obviously you have TV, you have some sort of awareness what's going on. But what was like the one thing once you're out and free that you saw that you were like, oh this is different, Like was it like a tesla?
Speaker 2: Was it like uh ship?
Speaker 1: Because teslas weren't popping when you went in there, weren't these electric cars? You know what?
Speaker 2: I'm saying, yeah, I'm not really impressed, but I don't know why. But ship, uh, I can't really think nothing off.
Speaker 1: Were you surprised by how many homeless people were set up in tents in l A? Nah?
Speaker 2: I mean when I came home the first time, it was like that I was tripping there. Yeah, it was like, damn, you know, all these dudes is homeless and down there grinding and all them dudes ain't broke. You know what I'm saying. It was down there getting it. But uh, but yeah, that's I don't know. I can't really say what was Hella hella hella different?
Speaker 1: Was just That's what I'm saying. You had a phone, you were on Instagram the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm staying booming. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Are you able to have a phone or is that considered Hell no, because everybody's got a phone in jail.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah. If you if you got the bread, you can get it money talk bullshit?
Speaker 1: Well, because the CEO don't care, right, you know what I mean, don't just keep it.
Speaker 2: They gotta feed their kids too, you feel me?
Speaker 1: So yeah, okay, so the new album is out. You're on ninety nine percent of the album, right is this? What is it? Because because the last time we talked to you, I think you did a distro deal with that with the company and the death yan Vard Street. Yeah, are you still with them? Yeah? I put that out.
Speaker 3: I put it out through VERIIC and it's just like being with VERIIC, it just allowed me to drop music.
Speaker 1: How and when I'm reading to you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: If I was on a major with my rap stuff, then it would be like, you know, it'll take three months to get one song out. So now it's like I got two albums out in three months, and you know what I mean, I'm just building my fan base up. And it's just like it's like he came on, he got ten thousand followers in a month, like literally getting more engagement than some rappers I know, you know what I mean for sure something it's supposed to go off more than mine. It's like, you know what I mean, It's just like it's I see real people be becoming like big hit fans, like, man, this this nigga's like my favorite rapper right now.
Speaker 1: It's just wild to see. No, it is crazy because it's almost like damn, like right away. He touches down and like I feel the same way. I'm like, Yo, this dude's putting out harder shit than like ninety nine percent of these and I feel like you're feeling a void. Fat, It's like a void for like the shit.
Speaker 3: You're doing, like like authentic West Coast. Yes, yeah, for sure, like somebody you like really believe is on that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, Nah, for sure. And even just like the beats, like the flow, like it's not you know we I mean, you know we're in LA. We've been listening to the same dudes wrapping the same way for like the last five or six years. Everybody some sort of Draco shoreline clone. You know what, I'm not doing some like future thug type shit right one hundred percent, Man, I feel what you're saying.
Speaker 3: We're keeping it up, man, this is authentically you know what I mean, Exactly what you're looking at is what you got, you know what I mean. This is like we've been plotting this out for even before the grinding my whole life shit, we was talking about doing music, and we had done music, but it's just like now it's like I'm my best he his best. He you know, willing to work to stay out of the bullshit, and that's like, that's that's one of the top things, you know what I mean. It's bigger than just you know, my son popping. I'm about to just get on some songs and try to make some money, get famous whatever. It's like, this shit is really in our soul to do this shit, like we've been talking about it, being locked in on it. Yeah, would you say for you like you're the most motivated because I think before he obviously gets to deal with the interscope, right, HS eighty seven is fucking I mean, such a talented roster, gyshat audio, push camp, money, everybody.
Speaker 1: I was just talking about Ka Roosevelt a couple of weeks ago, like Jesus.
Speaker 3: Man, Kate Roosevelt was like literally bro, like the first Khalid, Like they've got an.
Speaker 1: Identical voice like him and Khalid. Bro.
Speaker 3: But it's just like time and is everything, Bro, that shit is you can't call it and you can't just predict like when it's gonna crack off for you on that level, you.
Speaker 1: Just gotta obviously there's a gift in a curse for everything to happen with you. Do you feel like everything mentality wise work ethic wise, like you're fully like ten toes in on the rapture now they head.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, mentally yup, yup. I mean as far as like my heart right now really wasn't into it like that, you know what I'm saying. It was just like I felt like I was like I missed my chance.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: From way back then. I was waiting so long, so eager and shit and uh but you know, I was like trying to I was one foot in, one foot out, trying to get my bread, you know. Was the status is matching up like right now, but my chili ain't there, man, Like you know, I want it right now, you know what I'm saying. So but yeah, but yeah, I was like fuck it. If it works, it works, It's cool. I'm just saying, Oh, you know, I'm starting to feel it a little more now. I'm getting more enthused because you know, I'm fucking with him on this duo. Shit, that's more energy giving me energy. I'm giving him energy, you know what I'm saying. It's starting to work. It's working. I mean, you know what I'm saying like we just scratching service. That's the funny part. We ain't even we ain't even full speed a head yeah right in first gear.
Speaker 1: Right. I've seen like so many people reposting the videos you guys have been dropping for you. Who's been like the craziest person you've seen, Like obviously you got the shirt with Yams, But since you've been out reposting music or maybe comment on something to reach.
Speaker 2: Out, probably Snoop, Yeah, Snoop called or the other night I sent Snoop a song because I had sent him, ah, it's a clip online.
Speaker 1: I had sent them a song that's on surfle Drive.
Speaker 3: Volum Tool called showed me and I just was like, I told him I was inspired by rhythm and gangster when I made the joint great album. He's super slept on now legendary. He sent me that clip like saying like this shit hard whooped the whooping. Then he was like, man, shit me pop shak get one. So it's like I sent him a joint with the open verse. He called me like, Yo, this shit hard. I'm gonna see if I.
Speaker 1: Can come up with something, and him and Big Hit chopped it. I was a moment you and NAS aren't far apart in like age.
Speaker 2: Right Yeah, now as cold as fucked too.
Speaker 1: You got to kick it as he kicked it with NAZR right before Nas went back on tourn just got back, but he was a big he got out, he came through Vibe with us, heard some music.
Speaker 3: He was rocking with it heavy, you know what I mean. Crazy left on tour a couple of days later. That's crazy for you hit what was like obviously your generation? What'd you grow up listening to?
Speaker 1: What? Who influenced you? Oh? Shit?
Speaker 2: N w A man uh kl ress you know what I'm saying, biz Markie like rest in peace, Yeah, Uncle Jim's army man. It's all the old schools.
Speaker 1: It's crazy too because like even just hip hop has changed so much in nine years, right, Like there's so much like there's good ship about it because I feel like there's not a lot of gatekeepers now, like you could just upload ship on your own and go straight to the people, like like you were saying, like when y'all were with HS eighty seven and the Henderscope situation, it's an uphill battle to do anything right anything. But also there's a lot more bullshit, but like it's kind of crazy, like he's fine, they ain't picking up on them. He's fine. Yeah, it's fine, he's fine. But I was gonna say, for you, like being a real dude who comes out and you kind of see like there's all these artists who are kind of like I feel like the snitching thing is like widely accepted in hip hop now, and like there's so much like not real shit, like you know, like that's why I said you're feeling a void, because there's definitely like a void for like real authentic street la shit that sound that doesn't sound like I guess what we're used to like. But for you, like, do you did you feel that when you came out, like when you start kind of seeing some of the shit that's going on in hip hop or you're like, man, this shit is kind of turned into some weirdo shit or.
Speaker 2: Nah, I don't even listen to people's shit.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I kind of was isolated, like in the show type I always isolate myself, and I just know, tell my story, man, what I feel you were?
Speaker 1: You were? Was it twenty three hour, twenty three hours a day lockdown?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, well some days twenty four no Monday, Wednesday and Friday, you go out with a hour or something on the yard.
Speaker 1: That's got man, that's got to be crazy just to be twenty three hours a day. Yeah yeah. I mean, like people.
Speaker 3: Don't even know, like he really been locked up virtually since he was nineteen years old. He only been out a couple of times, never for longer than a year.
Speaker 1: Because you just got out before, right, Yeah, yeah, been all like six weeks.
Speaker 3: He was talking about when we did grind them all life. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeh damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 2: I did fifteen years in the fast and yep, got caught up.
Speaker 1: Time to stay out right, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Thirty years of your life and that joint is that's that's that's a different level.
Speaker 1: It's important too to like, you know, I think a lot of people who are incarcerated feel like when they do that kind of time, they think their life's over.
Speaker 2: And yeah again garantee you it's.
Speaker 1: I think it's dope though that you can show an example that, like, you know, if you're sitting down doing time, there's there's a light, you know what I'm saying, as.
Speaker 2: Long as you're breathing, you in the gag. If you know it's real.
Speaker 1: What's the if? What's your go to spread? Like, what are you putting in the spread?
Speaker 2: Ship in jail? Yeah, in jail, fucking clams uh chicken uh uh macrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My wife thinks I eat like I'm in ps because I'll do the ramen though, I'll crush up the ram and I'll put it in a ball. She swears. This prison. That's the fat boys.
Speaker 2: Ship man on the stomach. I mean, if you hull grey though out of the work, you know, the stick on your stomach.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing that they be doing like kobachi and ship in jail. If you see you see that. But there's like a viral video where they like make a hibachi grill in the cell. Yeah, and there's like straight Benny Hannah. Yeah, yeah, that's crazy. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to do all that, but.
Speaker 1: Got to stop the interview to tell you about our family at odd socks. That's right, the most comfortable socks in the world. Ladies and gentlemen. Go to odd socksofficial dot com. Use the promo code bootleg cav or bootleg. Both promo codes work. You'll save twenty percent out of checkout twenty percent off. These are the odd Socks basics all right. Now you can get like a pack of all black, pack of all whites. Of course, they got all kind of crazy licenses wwe Cheech and Chong. They got teenage mutant Ninja turtles. They got SpongeBob SquarePants. Broh, Look they got the SpongeBob SquarePants, Krabby Patty draws.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now you don't want Crabs, but you do want mister Crabs underwear because these are fire, all right. So look, go to odd Socksofficial dot com right now, use that promo code Bootleg, save twenty percent off of checkout. And yeah, listen, trust me when I say most comfortable socks you ever put on your fucking feet and the most comfortable boxer briefs. What are we talking about? Man? All right? Oddsokxofficial dot com promo code Bootleg save twenty percent off a checkout, great gift and just treat yourself, all right. Also got a shout out to our family at King Palm. Now, if you guys don't know about King Pom, King Pom is all natural row baby. Yes, all right, we're talking about the leader when it comes to tobacco free natural organic leaf wraps. If you're a smoker, a tote or a straight West coaster, you know what I'm saying. Whatever you're into King Palms, they got it for you. What's great about these these are like one of the best products that they sell. Now. This is a terping infused tobacco free leaf. And what's dope is you stuff your flour into it and then you press on the thingy, you know what I'm saying, and then you got flavor. I'm gonna show you what it looks like when it's stuffed great tree from Harden of course. Ah, look at that right, get that thing stuffed up. The tip has got that flavor in it. Wherever you're at, man, make sure you check out the You know they got the smoke shops, they got those on lock. They got seven eleven's on lock. We're only smoking out of King Poms. Baby, you already know what it is. And if you go to Kingpoms dot com, Kingpalm dot com, Kingpom dot com and you use the promo code bootleg keV, you will save fifty percent off at checkout, half off at checkout, fifty percent off. If you go to kingpom dot com and use that promo code. The promo code is down below. Go run it up. Try some of these flavors too, man, the peach, pineapple, the strawberry shortcake. They just got so much going on. There's also all kinds of dope smoking accessories. You can get half off. Y'all, what are we talking about? Save fifty percent off kingpom dot com promo code below. It's either bootleg or boutleg. Calv'm these promo coaches that might have had her. Try both of them, all right, one of them get you fifty percent off. Goddamnit. Anyway, let's get back to the interview. I was gonna say hit for you. Uh, it's been it's been a crazy last three or four years in terms of just like some of the moments that you've had. Obviously, it's been a crazy last like twelve years for you. But what's up is, uh is the is the King's Disease series over? I mean, you can't ever say that.
Speaker 3: Me and Nas, we study work and we you know, we definitely got new music, you know, we I don't know exactly which way it is gonna go, you know, that's Nas and he do what he do. But you know, when it's time, I'm just gonna be available. But I can't say it's over, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, how many artists have hit you to kind of try to do the same thing, because it'd be a nice it'd be a nice premium to have a homely produced hipway album.
Speaker 3: Definitely a few, you know what I mean, Like I did the Bennie album. I did a couple of different joints, but I mean me and Nas we got a different level, just a different level of a personal, you know, relationship.
Speaker 1: Like it's just like we that should just be working. We getting there.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I get in with an artists and it just don't get nothing. With Nas, we always gonna get at least a verse a hook, something done, like when you pull up. So that's just the ill shit. So we were always just making music.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say. I always go back and forth between whether like Magic or King's Disease three the most out of your guys' bodies of work, that's that's. I hear that all the time. Most I'm a magic person exactly, mostly be Magic. And it's crazy because Magic is the one record that we just woke up one day and it was just like, what the fuck? Man exactly, but what's your favorite?
Speaker 3: I mean, Katie three Man, I like all of them, bro, I can't lie like I got special moments that I just like, feel super connected to them every album.
Speaker 1: But I feel like it's progressively I like each project somehow, like it just kept getting better.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's I mean, you know, I feel like we just jelling, start jelling more, like I start getting more into my just history of NAS music.
Speaker 1: I'm from the.
Speaker 3: West Coast, so it's like I did and only grew up here in the NAS hits that was on the radio. My family super West Coast, so they wasn't playing nads like that, you know what I mean. So I know I had some friends, so they family might have played knas, but just as far as my circle, it wasn't, you know, something that was embedded in me the way like certain West Coast music would be like Snoop Dogg music or something. So I had to really learn and really study them albums and really be like, Okay, this is what people like from him.
Speaker 1: Let me take this and just mix it with what I do. Yeah, I was gonna say you guys, you and Alchemists put out the incredible freestyle that went viral or rapping over each other's beats, which I thought was genius. I also think we don't get enough Alchemists rapping these days. We need a new step brothers out by the while. But would you guys do a whole project like that? Bro, we already got one. We already got well.
Speaker 3: Bro, we got like all slipping in the darkness level like joints, like you know it's gonna happen when it happened.
Speaker 1: But it's just you guys are both rapping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, were stacking him up, like I seeing him beats and send me beats and we'll just go in send them back. When you do a verse, you do a hook like we It's just it's ill, like we're giving each other direction just through sending joints over and just like you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Do you guys like I wonder how that works because like obviously you guys are both all time great producers. Is it do you guys collaborate on the beats together?
Speaker 2: Is it? Like?
Speaker 1: Yo, this is a photo of shit. I got this a pholdo of shit you got. Let's pick which ones we like and then or is it like, hey, yeah you have a loop, He's got a loop. We honestly is so new of a process that we we haven't even got to cook together yet. It's just been sending shit back and forth.
Speaker 3: But we got we got a nice slow amount of joints already just off that.
Speaker 1: So I kind of feel like you what you did with that was like the what Kendrick did with the control the control record.
Speaker 3: That was my exact sentiment, you know, wanted to challenge the game and had some fun and raise some questions. That's never like I never said niggas was whack. No other than one person, Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. But it's like I never said the rest of them dudes was whack. I just was like, Kim do do this. I've never seen him do this, you know what I mean? Like, that's that's all it was putting in put it in context and an artistic Did.
Speaker 1: You and hit Maker ever have a combo after your guys is online? Back and forth? Nah? I just assumed it was like it was like nice promotion for everybody, right, No, that was great man, for sure. That was how I think I think you hit it on the head because like, who did I have? I had Eric Bellinger here and we're talking about like the difference between you guys like Rick Rubin doesn't make beats, did you?
Speaker 3: Like obviously you mean, I feel like I'm sure he made some of them. Classes Rick Rubin says he doesn't know how to do anything. He's there for his taste. I don't believe it. I think that's the older Rick Rubin. I know he was in there cooking something which I don't know.
Speaker 1: He said that he doesn't make any beats. He's there for his taste, and I feel like, I mean, that's like kind of the lame hitmakers. And it's like you bring hit making because he's got a ear, he's got the writers, and then you you got it all. You could take the NPC out and you could you know, there's nothing you can't touch, you know what I'm saying. We're gonna leave it at that. Yeah, Jesus, I just saw did in Paris just have a new certification? It just went diamond. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Crazy, And it's crazy because you know that was like a few years before the streaming are so that was like people really buying that song.
Speaker 1: That's that's like the difference in the game now.
Speaker 3: Like I just feel like it was like a little more urned back in the day. Like I just seen Ice Spice. How long she been out less than years. She got a billion streams. Like I'm like, I gave it a wild place.
Speaker 1: I think she's out streaming like almost everybody except like Bad Bunny and Drake Ma.
Speaker 3: That's that's that's incredible. You know, whatever she did in her life to get that blessing for sure. But you know, just music wise, it's like, wow, this is the era we end. You know, you gotta accept it. I guess.
Speaker 1: I remember at your old house in your studio, you had like you had the Grammy and then you had there was like a Michael Jordan photo or something, and then there was like the canvas of like when Jay and Kanye I think they were doing in Paris. That was that was there. Yeah, it's crazy to think like how much that record like kind of changed the trajectory of like just hit Boy. Like I remember during that time, there was like you were you were like one of the young producers around good music. My guy lifted from Phoenix and did Mercy, and I remember he was just telling me all these stories about like being in hotel rooms like back to back to back with like yourself, everybody. Everybody was like, what's like one of the craziest like stories you could tell about, like just those days like working with Yay, working with the good guys.
Speaker 3: It's a lot man. Definitely like that trip I'm sure Lifted is talking about. We all went to London one time and everybody was there. Sean pushed two chains, you know, obviously just being locked in. I remember it was so crowded in the one of the hotel rooms and everybody came in because they was working on it was either Click or Mercy, one of the two. And like Sean was sitting on the floor with a mic like this, like recording a hook for one of them joints, and I just I'll never forget that. Craig a was right here, Chains was in, everybody was in there, just a room full of people and they was getting it done by any means, like right there.
Speaker 1: Obviously you and Kanye kind of had what I wouldn't say falling out, but it definitely not the greatest times in terms of your guys relationship. Is there any relationship at all these days?
Speaker 3: I mean, I haven't talked to him since we did the Easy joint with Game Like, but I ain't got no issues with him.
Speaker 1: My uh.
Speaker 3: I heard that because I just worked on I don't want to say who project, but I worked on somebody project. I heard they played him a song like this is just a few days ago. Somebody text me like, yo, bro play yeah a song and he was like, Yo, we need hit boy to pull up.
Speaker 1: So you know, you know he's hey. I heard he's cooking right now. Yeah, I heard that too. I heard he is in the studio. I heard. So I'm with it man for sure. Yeah. I ain't got no isshoes. Yeah, nobody. Freddy's working with it right now. There's a lot of a scene I heard about the Yeah, a lot of Kanye. He's got shoulder pads, you know what I'm saying, and no shoes, no shoes, he wearing the socks. It's kind of crazy, man, if anybody I don't even question it though, boy, because I remember when when the early Yay shit the clothing, I was like, no one's gonna wear that, shah. Look man, we might all be in shoulder pads in like six months, you know, that's funny. I don't know if I could take it there, but I feel would you and Benny do a sequel to the album that you guys did together?
Speaker 3: We he announced that me and I is doing his album together like I got. You know, we've done probably like fifteen sixteen new songs.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many he goes at the Death M debut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I don't know how many he gonna pick out the batch. But he got some joints with Alchemists, some joints with me. I know he got a couple other producers in the mix too, but predominantly is supposed to be you, Me and Alchemists, and that's supposed to come August eleventh or twelve.
Speaker 1: Something like that. It's crazy, you know who I want to see you work more with because I feel like some of the best records that were on his best album, from King to a Goddess Conway and you had your that was during that kind of same era that you were working with Benny. I remember being in some of those sessions. What's up? Would would you? Would you work with Conway again? Of course was nice.
Speaker 3: I'll be I mean, I'll be down to work or whoever I want to lock in with me. Everybody be in their own pocket, they on his own. But when I crossed paths, I'm gonna definitely I can give whoever some ship.
Speaker 1: You know. That's how I feel, you know, Pops, I'm curious when you're incarcerated, you know your son's out here doing this fucking thing. Where are you at? You remember where you were at when you find out he won a Grammy for Hour of the Year, hip Hop Out of the Year because he had already had, you know, brand a grand you know. But I'm saying, like, I feel like this one was different.
Speaker 2: Which one the King's disease one? Shit, No, I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: For real.
Speaker 2: It was probably in the all at that time. Yeah, yeah, I was. I think I didn't have a phone at the time. I wasn't tapped in.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was in the hole. Yeah, it was a little spurt off was in the hole. But yeah, when I found I mean, I knew it was gonna run it up though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like when you're in the did you get Wi Fi service in there? Like does the signal come in?
Speaker 2: Well it does, yeah, but you don't get.
Speaker 1: Like are you able to stream like songs and ship.
Speaker 2: Well if you got it, if you just active, yeah, the account is active, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So you're able to like listen whole up on Fire.
Speaker 3: And he was sending me like samples and ship from the joint, like yo, cut this up.
Speaker 1: It was just still being creative the best we could. That's Fire. When is your official solo album coming? Or is that not?
Speaker 3: Are we doing the duo thing? No, it's solo coming. That's the next thing we're dropping. We mastering right now. Oh so it's finished. Oh yeah, the first one. It's like, like I said, it's like one hundred some songs. We're finish, drop albums on albums, more duo, shit, solo, my solo, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: We just going blue cheo. That's right, ladies and gentlemen. It's getting hot outside. That means I don't know what that means. It's just hot. So I feel like when it's hot, people want to fuck more. Right, So, you know, fellas if you're dealing with the rectile dysfunction, it happens to the best of us. I'm sure. Maybe you are old, maybe you are dealing with stress at work, Maybe you don't want to sleep with the same lady that you're married to over and over. You need a little extra motivation, they get that thing. Stand up, you know what I mean. Go to a blue choo dot com, use the promo code bootleg, and they'll send it straight to your door. Three month supply of blue Choo for free. All right? Now, does blue Choo work? Yes, it does. You're gonna get a free month supply to be able to see for yourself. Blue shoo dot com promo code bootleg. Now, no, if you don't know what it is. It is the same active ingredient as viagra and sialis, but in a chewable form. And you do not have to go to a doctor's appointment. All right, You do everything online. You don't have to go sit at a doctor's office and talk to some old man in a lab quote about your dick issues. Not necessary anymore in twenty twenty three, right, So go to blue Cheo, sign up with that promo code bootleg, get a month's supply for free. Let's get back to the interviews. I was gonna say, do you feel like hit like you're hitting like your stride because I feel like you're You've always been consistent as a rapper. But I feel like in terms of just like people giving you your respect and your flowers, and like the consistency for you dropping your shit, do you feel like it's finally there?
Speaker 3: It's coming for sure, Like I U again like being signed to the situation or just being in a situation. I am, I can drop music way more often, so you know, not to say or putting no blame on nobody, but it's like if I'm waiting months to put out a song or months to put out a project, like it does slow up the progress. So now it's like you're seeing me apply a different level of pressure that you ain't seen before. So that's why I just feel different this time. No, I feel like the pressure is at an all time high, man. I mean I feel like you've been on a run. I mean at the Offset record, you guys took that to radio, and then I saw I saw you at a complex called it Are you like, were you like ambassador for PATRONA?
Speaker 1: Is that your patron? That's not my patron? Really nice? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Setups, setups. That was a shout out to Patron. We I was just helping them promote a new tequila al Auto, you know, what I mean. It just we went down to the hotcienda in Mexico last July watched them make the patron literally like every step from going to the farm, the fields with.
Speaker 1: The gave and all that. Like it was just, Yeah, I gotta ask you, big hit. Have you captain with only fans since getting out? Are you aware of only fans? Only only fans.
Speaker 2: The porn ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Because this was not a thing, but you were in. There was no only fans and like a girl who works in McDonald's could get the ship popping online. There's teachers who are teaching kids right now who are also doing things on the internet for extra money. You know what I'm saying. It's a different world. It's a hard time. It's not like the days of Maxim magazine and all that ship that ships a rap. You know, you have you have you got? Have you signed up?
Speaker 2: I didn't sign up personally, but nah, I was on porn hubs. I'll just go through it, you know, yeah, porn.
Speaker 1: Hubs wild for sure. What's the go to category and porn up? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Three three big black business, black business with ass three suits.
Speaker 1: You know, I just saw, like, did not age well do you remember, Pinky, we got to talk the way a way. I forgot about that. That just reminded me. I'm like, because I just saw this head Yeah, Pinky.
Speaker 3: I woke up and they flagged me and took my post. Then I've seen that, like as soon as I woke up this morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I did not mean to bring up the porn thing to get into your porn thing because I didn't know this. I just saw this like a couple of days ago. So you used to score porn movies. Yeah, so I was.
Speaker 3: We just went back to uh Pasadena and shot this Mighty Carlo video with Don Kennedy and I used to play.
Speaker 1: That looked like it was just a house party. That was a party at the park. We was just kicking. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So my cousin used to be a coach up at the park we was at. So I started thinking about my cousin. I was like, damn, this nig used to direct like big time pornos, like he had did some shit and he used to buy beats for me. Hes give me like a thousand dollars. I'm like eighteen making my first beats. I had only been making beats for two years at that point, and he started cashing me out for beats.
Speaker 1: He was doing it on a real level, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I just thought about that pinky scene and oh wait, so you have a beat playing one of your beats is playing during a pinky scene. Yeah, I just I had posted on my grimm and they took it.
Speaker 1: He was found the scene. I found the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh god, and that ship was going up online like and then you know, I g hated on me, I guess because the little nipples out or whatever I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna say. Do you remember the name of the DVD because this is the dvd. It was like it was like art Angels. Oh, she was like painted and they had like a sixth fall out there Like that sounds like a big production, real West Coast porn production. Do you remember when Snoop dropped his porno? Yeah for sure. I was like I remember thinking, like, there's no way Snoop's on here. He wasn't, obviously, but it was just like the most random porno of all time, and they they just definitely you know, my cousin who's older than me bought it because Snoop was on the car. It worked. They made money, this for sure. Yeah, there's a few rappers have done that, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny though, because hip Hop d X. They made a post and made it seem like I was actually in the porno. So I had to repost it and let niggas know, like, nah, they took my ship and put it in a whole different context.
Speaker 1: But it is what it is. It was funny though, Hey, that's crazy. I got a friend of mine that's a really big photographer who also happens to have taken photos of chicks on porn sets. He's sitting right over there.
Speaker 3: My cousin used to invite me to the sets. I used to see the shit cracking, Like, damn, there's.
Speaker 1: A wildlife, yo. Pinky, were you there for the Pinky wasn't? Pinky's a legend. She's also like a midget loki.
Speaker 3: Well, she's like a tiny little like seeing like more recent pictures of it, she definitely looked different than she did in them days.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you know, shout out to Pinky. She's a legend.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, reckless and ratchet on there on porn?
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, did you guys got to do a reckless and ratchet just branded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should perform that at a VN or porn off get at.
Speaker 1: Us, Yo, Hello, artists are doing the A V and awards there facts we should definitely perform that. That's just perfect song. Gazy just did it, Tiger did it, a bunch of you know, I've been saying that for sure. I just saw Price just dropped his new album last Friday. What's going on with everybody else? I think octanees back to wanting to put music out. I just saw I've been seeing him drop clips. See. I mean, you know, everybody doing their thing like Price.
Speaker 3: He he been like on a different level of lock in, you know what I mean, Like he stayed tapping in with me. We'd be chopping it, sending ideas, and he didn't record it on some new Beats of Mind within the last few months too.
Speaker 1: So up with like Camp Money and Kate Roosevelt b Mack mean, yeah, they all doing anything.
Speaker 3: B Mac reached out when we dropped Surver Drowns. She showed love, you know what I mean, Kate Money show love. It's just like everybody just doing what they do, locked in, and I'm focused on what's Kate Roosevelt doing? He recorded he uh you know he play instruments. He locked in. Yeah, that's it's crazy. He actually co produced the song with me on the music Soul Child Drop album that I dropped in March.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he produced co produce the song how Different. Well, first of all, shout out to the album because I feel like that kind of showed a lot of people your range because you obviously done huge pop records too, with whether it's Rianna Beyonce going and on on, but like do a whole album so music, so child, what's the what's the creative approach to that? Like you have to be in a different mindset man? That that music again? Like that?
Speaker 3: That was So that was one where it was like that DNA was already in me because my family played his music so much, right, and I was just such a fan of him. I kind of just knew where I could take it, you know what I mean, and that he would be open to certain musical choices that I was making, certain musicality and levels that I'm hitting, he will understand it. So it kind of was like the same as the Noah Ship, but just more melodic. Right, Pops, what is the tell me what this is your your album? That is just got turned in from mixing and mastering. Is gonna sound like man.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's just uh, it's just basically it's man, it's a vegue. It's vegue. It's very it's dealing with everything. It's going hard. Just that's all I can say. It's going hard, man, West Coach.
Speaker 1: Have you been pretty excited? Like for you to get the validation to get out and get the positive feedback you're getting, it's got to kind of make you feel like you're on the right track, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I know I got I got a long way to go. Man, I'm just like I said, I'm just scratching the surface. I know I ain't not getting my just due, but I will in time.
Speaker 1: Because you're like an og but you're also a new artist. So it's kind of like, I you've never seen something.
Speaker 2: A lot of people doubt they make them a believer. I ain't tripping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I've only seen people like excited, like this is crazy, like a lot of love one hundred percent. Man, what about you hit any any other things down the pipeline that you could talk about.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm working on all types of stuff. Man, I'm actually made a new song with Jennifer Lopez.
Speaker 1: That's hard. I mean, you're in the studio with her.
Speaker 3: I Actually it's funny because I did my I've got my first.
Speaker 1: Major label placement with her in seven and I just met her like a year ago. We did the new song, so wow, it took me some years. That was your first placement ever, first label placed me, big one. Yeah, and that's like always a big one. Was Ben Affleck hanging out? Yeah? He what?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I think he might have came through when I was there. He might have do you chop it up with band? Like, hey, dude, I love the town.
Speaker 3: That was so many people in there, so many creatives and just it was just a creative vibe.
Speaker 1: Yo. I saw Jlo's Vegas show Man. She's fire. Bro. I wouldn't hear nobody, you know, I hear people talk about Jo as an artist. I'm like, bro, I watched her do like an hour and a half straight. She's entertainment singing. She's an entertainer for real, one hundred percent. Man, All right, will look go get The new project is out right now? Sorry for John Volume too, your album is on the way, yes, sir, sooner than later.
Speaker 2: True stores you shoot any videos yet for your ship. Uh, it seems like the videos you guys are shooting just seems to be like you guys taking cameras with you while you're having a really good time just living life.
Speaker 3: Really, I mean, we're having a good time in general. So that's what that's what come off with. We just we filming and just letting people see our life.
Speaker 1: I love it, man, I'm super excited to hear what your what your albums sounded like. And obviously the new album is dope. Everyone go run that shit up, hit boy, big hit. We got the freestyle they're gonna do too. Appreciate y'all, man talk boom, Hey, appreciate y'all watching another interview brought to you by our good folks at Hard Dean. Now listen, y'all. When you're in Las Vegas, you get in that fucking uber, you land at the airport, hit that taxi, tell them to take you to Hard Dean, the number one premium cannabis dispensary in the fucking world. Y'all. I'm telling you, you walk in, they treat you like a king or a queen or whatever you're into. All right, they got the craziest selection to premium cannabis. You'll see period anywhere, let alone in Las Vegas, but just anywhere, all right. Not only can you go get the best tree, you will get the best experience, the best customer service, the best bud tenders. You walk into Hard Dean and that shit just smells amazing. They got their own fucking scent. Literally, you get into my car, I got a bottle of it. My car smells like hard Dean because it's just the best fucking place. Go follow them online. Hardan Underscore Las Vegas. Hardan Underscore Las Vegas. Go to their website, Hardeanlasvegas dot com. All right, when you go, you're in Vegas, you pull up, tell them I sent you. They're gonna take care of you the right way. All right. Look they got these things in there, man, these Moon Rock pre rolls that I just had that just absolutely melted my face off. Shout out to hard Dean. All right, you gotta go fuck with Hardan man. Hardan Underscore, Last Vegas. Thank y'all, man, I love these guys. They're like family to us. And hey, we're gonna drop another interview soon. If you're watching this, you're at the end of the interview. Though much love