Speaker 1: People showed up. Good evenings, Sweemer Hello to no Nuns live from twenty twenty fours. We can Jagie's feats here at the White Rabbit Cabaret and alongside me as always.
Speaker 2: Tasks corn lovers, this is for you.
Speaker 1: Next to him, it's the bearded woman, shop boy tre Kirby.
Speaker 3: Hey out.
Speaker 1: One yet good strong start, and of course in the back making the magic happen. We got super producer JD. Hello, and our guy No Altitude Sickness. This year we've got.
Speaker 3: Jerome Hello, and we've got you.
Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Thanks for breathing the snowstorm. Is that crazy out there? Or is that just a you know a little Friday night flurry.
Speaker 3: Friday night flurry. Who drove farm raised your hand? If you drove far? Yeah, we've shot out to you and be safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Toronto, we have anyone from Toronto.
Speaker 3: That made the drive's hands? Okay?
Speaker 1: Respect Detroit, Nope, Chicago his name cities. We appreciate it. We tonight, buddy, we'll talk corner later, don't you worry. So here's how this is gonna work. We're gonna do some all star predictions. We're gonna do the up down Report. Indiana themed of course, hence the corn and as a topic, we will do some live beach step so you know, think of some questions. In fact, the best question of the night's gonna get an Andrew Nemhardt rookie cart what a polling deal dollar ninety nine eBay solid corners probably grades an eight. So we'll give that away. But we gotta do a little housekeeping because first, if you take a photo as I just saw somebody, dude tag us at no dunk tink. We Also, I can't believe I got to say this on stage. We had a wedgie. We had a legie last and here it is. Let's take a look, so zy, it's incredible. And uh we had I guess we had Eagle and Greg Anthony on the call. Hold this. They said a Southern weggie. Then they said, uh, bailout weggie, and then Greg Anthony called it the perfect wegg.
Speaker 2: He said, I've only had one weggie this year, just one wedgie that.
Speaker 3: Felt like it was a wegg in his butt.
Speaker 1: That's what it felt like, he said, maybe maybe So anyway, look at this. This is big news.
Speaker 3: Guys on Pace for fifty nine, Yeah, yeah, thirty eight. Most ever at the Ulster.
Speaker 2: Break right, fifty nine would be the highest since the Young Group started tracking Wedgies.
Speaker 3: That's us, Yeah you were were young, ye what we were we were? Yeah, yeah, that's special. That's our first live show, Wedge. I know, I feel like we're gonna have to commemorate number thirty eight, so I don't know, put a tab in it and we'll remember it later.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not gonna say like you were gonna give me a legend. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was like it does feel special.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I've already done that. Yeah, that was fun. Uh And then finally, like I know, this is just three guys sitting here, sitting on stools talking into mics. So if it's a little boor, we've actually uh, well, we came up with some new technology along with the NBA. It's called MBA AI. And if you ask, you know, the computer to make no dunks into a Spider Man movie, you can do that.
Speaker 3: So have a go.
Speaker 1: Some of you got that run, some of you are plugged, and some of you are true sikos. With Victor Wemanyama and Adam Silver talking about.
Speaker 3: The future of NBA, The future of the NBA is watching it as a spider Man movie. We all know that that's only been asking for skids.
Speaker 1: I know it's either hoosiers in French or watching the NBA and Spider Man. Did you have any thoughts on that clip?
Speaker 3: What is there to think about that clip?
Speaker 2: Really, we're not going to see someone just say I want to see this game as a.
Speaker 3: Spider Man movie and for it to break out.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you could pick any movie to watch an NBA version of, what movie would you pick?
Speaker 3: Dude? Where's My car?
Speaker 2: Interesting?
Speaker 3: A basketball movie? Well?
Speaker 1: No, take the basketball game and somehow doutify it.
Speaker 3: I guess. Yeah. Like so instead of you know, cool arm tattoos, they all just said, dude, it's sweet. Okay, that would be the only change.
Speaker 1: Do you have a movie in mine?
Speaker 2: I heard furious.
Speaker 3: That's not bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, good ideas. Let's get into the predictions. Will make it quick. We're not even doing tonight's festivities.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Some some game they play with a bunch of people. Game? No, not that one. Why what is it?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 3: Celebrity?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, we wanted to. Jennifer Hudson's actually a pretty big name. Okay, but what about this, what if you can watch the celebrity can't go on and.
Speaker 3: The prompt is but they actually invited no du mergent.
Speaker 1: We don't have the technology.
Speaker 3: We can't do that one.
Speaker 1: We can't do that. Okay, So our first you know, what do you go? I always call them festivities. I don't know why I do that. But our first event, first event, thank you, is the Skills Challenge.
Speaker 3: Challenge. They're crazy for the Skills Challenge, so talking about fundamentals in Indiana Skids. Yeah, it's gonna be the highest rated Skills Challenge we've ever had.
Speaker 1: Oh, people are like into like chess passes exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: They are like four passes before you throw it through.
Speaker 1: The group, right right, right right. Well, I'm going to tell you the teams here in my little tiny notebook. Okay, I'm gonna call this girl later Skills Challenge Pacers, Team Halliburton, Mathron Turner obviously a fan favorite, Top Picks, Pallo, uh Wemby Man okay. And then we have All Stars. There's like All Stars Team Third Tree, Young Scottie Barnes, Terry's Mexican.
Speaker 3: Okay, who's one of the things you can't All Star. That's not allowed.
Speaker 2: This is I don't really want to get too excited for the Skills Challenge.
Speaker 1: Good, I know.
Speaker 2: This is the best Skills Challenge roster that we've ever seen. Did you hear that your Games three number one pick? Yeah?
Speaker 3: With Hallie six All Stars. Yeah, that's crazy. That's a stacked field. You're not there at seven pm, You're crazy. Who are you taking? Well, I'm taking the All Stars Team All Stars. I think they're going to be fast. Then Pray Young he's fast, Tyres Maxi, he's fast. Scotty Barnes, I heard he's fast, but I'm a little worried. Maxi and Barnes had that moment in the Chlorox Clutch Challenge we can forget you know, famous six layups together. So I don't know if they're going to take it seriously bump picking.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about me as well?
Speaker 2: Wow, they're All Stars although better at obviously they're working on it the last two years when they've gone to this home team gets a team. Yes, they've changed the formats over and over. The home team always wins. Cleveland's won, Utah's won. So you got pick Pats, But I'm not doing it. I will pander to you later when we talk about the All Star Game, et cetera.
Speaker 1: My official pick definitely, Yeah, Team Indiana. They gotta you know, they're gonna try a little bit more from the other teams. I mean, I would love to like go up to someone and say, do you know what they do when.
Speaker 3: The skills challenge?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, I don't even think siicos really know what happens in this event.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest, little unsure. I'm little unsure about the stages at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like there's the relay, I guess, and then there's just a passing one one.
Speaker 3: We'll see. That's what I've always said is they should make it longer. You want more, more skills?
Speaker 1: What other skills we like?
Speaker 5: See sentence screens. Wow, I'm sort of intrigued. Yeah, free throw store cuts. It's the best cutter.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 1: Uh, all right, three point contests, let's get to it. Dame is the favorite to repeat plus four fifty, then you go halimb ready, He'll hit a three one of these days for your too. Halliburton and Karl Anthony towns Our next plus five hundred, then we got Lowry Markenen plus six hundred, and then you everybody else plus seven hundred. You got Beasley, you got Brunson, you got Trey, and you got Donovan Mitchell.
Speaker 3: So where did you say Halliburton was second? He was second?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, with no with cat Yeah, okay, So we're.
Speaker 2: Taking Tyres Ali really oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I have no idea what happens in the Skills Challenge, but I know what happened. And the last year's three point Contest, he was first to go out there, tied the record thirty one points, forty points, and then he had to go last in the second round.
Speaker 3: It took like half an hour in between his rounds. That hurt. That hurt him, So that's why he lost.
Speaker 2: This year will be different, This year will be yeah, Tyrus, he's he's talking a big game.
Speaker 3: He's gonna back it up. Okay, where you will be warm? That is nice?
Speaker 1: Yes from the Skills Challengers. Yeah, it'll be warm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got him going deep. They're gonna win it, but I think they're gonna be one of the top three team. Give me Towns, give me Karl Anthony Towns. Okay, okay, kind of defending his championship. Isn't at twenty twenty two. Now he's back. Baby, he's tall. He doesn't have to give a lot of effort when he shoots. That's the key to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, like like the Skills challenge as we went through.
Speaker 3: This has six All Stars.
Speaker 1: I believe h Lowry market in last year in All Star and then will leak Beasley.
Speaker 3: The bucket found.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take the leap. He shoots an incredible percentage from three has his whole full career. This is his first one. I think three point contest, so I will take Peasley, although now that I say that, I don't like it being his first one. Sometimes they're scared of the bright lights, scared of that story ball.
Speaker 3: Deep range. Yeah, it's a good idea.
Speaker 2: They should just start shooting twelve packs as Starry. Yeah, dude does it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got our story. Every year at All Star weekend they give you a twelve pack a story outside your hotel room door.
Speaker 3: I drank one today, you did half of one zero sugar, but I needed something from a pills.
Speaker 2: Okay, I shotgun them. They went down.
Speaker 3: You shotgunned all twelve story. Absolutely, I might have to leave.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, all right, then we have this is exciting Steph Curry versus Sabrina in Escu. Here in this three point contest, they are really hyping this up. I think it is going between the three point contests and the actual dunk contest. Where are you leaning in this one, Stephan Sprina.
Speaker 2: I'm leaning Sabrina. She is going to have a moment out there. I'm sure it feels like. It's very cool. She has claimed she she wanted to shoot from the NBA distance. She is going to shoot from the NBA distance. So this is just a great moment period. Whoever wins, this is just a great moment that she gets to be on the stage, the NBA spotlight where more people will realize everything that's happening in the WNB. So it's just cool. She is scorching hot when she shoots, and she's already saw the videos. There's videos of her shooting. Well, Okay, step is also good at shooting.
Speaker 3: He's the freaking the video. He's on a street.
Speaker 2: I'm going, Sabrina, Okay, at the shooting one round?
Speaker 3: Do we know?
Speaker 1: I think they're just shooting one round, But I don't feel like there's been an official announcement on that.
Speaker 3: We don't even know.
Speaker 1: I don't think yet who's going first? I know you can vote on it.
Speaker 3: Did you vote? I didn't vote. I wanted to keep it pure out there. I have my finger on the scale.
Speaker 1: I'm Canadian. I was not allowed to be. I tried. Where are you going Steph for Sabrina?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think that STEP's gonna put Sabrina over a much cooler moment if Sabrino wins. Like what is the big win for Steph Curry? If he beats Sabrina in a three point contest? Plus STEP's the greatest shooter of all time, but he loses three point contests more than he wins.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have Sabrina. But that's the record immediately.
Speaker 2: She also said she beat him in horse as well in one of her interviews to it.
Speaker 3: She's got his number there. Did they give her the little horse trophy that Kevin direct?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Bring it back.
Speaker 1: So you're going Sbreen as well? Do you think it matters whether she shoots first or second? Because you said the stuff putting her over is fascinating, because like if he went second, you know she's got thirty. Let's say, and then he's like, got a final rack, you could beat her?
Speaker 3: Will he throw it? Is what you're saying. Wow, he's superstar. Wow he doesn't mind taking an l if it's better for the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm with you, guys. I'm going Sabrina as well. I think Steph Curry will not have to throw it.
Speaker 3: There you go, There're just gonna kick ass out any woman haters out here want to take Steph Curry.
Speaker 1: And then we go to the Dunk contest our. People hyped for the dunk contests.
Speaker 3: I was worried about that.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we have.
Speaker 3: That's a credit to Hootski. He came through.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: We were excited to see him at this live show. And he's getting joking already.
Speaker 1: And he's not an owl. Yeah, he's a human man with good lines. All right, Mac mcclum. He's the favorite minus two fifty, great name, Jayleen Brown, the All Star plus four hundred, and then you got hawkeeas junior and top It rounding out the field topic.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yeah, you thought it was Obie.
Speaker 1: You're not even at Obi. It's Jacob And we saw a top in at a party last night. We're not sure which one we saw, Yeah, I think it was Obie, but who knows.
Speaker 2: And we also saw a hawk as we did see Homa Hawkas we saw.
Speaker 3: The flowing locks, we.
Speaker 1: Still we we were talking about this because we're weird this way. We thought, is this the hairriest dunk contest ever?
Speaker 3: Think about not a lot of long hair guys in the dunk contest. We're like col Anthony when he was in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tom Chambers had up a little bit of waterfall in the back hair, but Mac has grown his hair out from last year. And then Hawkes Junior has very long hair. And even the other guys Jill Brown and Top Harry's dunk contest over Now are you excited?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is mcclong, that's for sure. His hair is very long. Brett Berry kind of had some locks, Yeah, I guess he did. He called it a sloppy salad on top of his head. We saw him at hot as. He was a lot sure than he thought.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think Trey had like two inches off.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're tall, but.
Speaker 3: I was wearing my boots. I do think I have a better posture though. Oh he had a bit of a slump too. He was looking like a skater boy see a later, boy, I got him coming in top four though. Okay, okay, So it's.
Speaker 2: Also his birthday on Monday, just like you got the same birthday. You guys are gonna have to stay here until Monday. Everybody in the audience, we're partying until Monday.
Speaker 1: Wow, his birthday's early February nineteen.
Speaker 3: It maybe February.
Speaker 2: A whole lot of seconds I thought Monday went.
Speaker 3: Let me check this man. I was trying to get the skills challenge me him and Nicole Jokich. But if he's an eighteen, sorry you're out. Yeah, well well you look that up.
Speaker 2: He's gonna have a great time.
Speaker 1: Or are you taking who are you taking?
Speaker 3: The dunk Contest in the dunk context Jalen Brown? Wow, okay, okay, expect we got an all star in and he's getting rated on the curve because we want more all stars in the Dunk Contest.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're talking really? The fix is gonna be in?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the goose, they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Goose the number. We're gonna goose the numbers.
Speaker 3: I'm subscribed to Peacock, so I've been watching a lot oft w W E and I think it's infiltrating my brain. Everything's a work, everything's a shoot.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, are you going? Are you going jailing? Or wild card?
Speaker 2: Get Wow. Macmclin said he's got lots of dunks that he didn't pull out last year, so I can see why he's the favorite. Uh the Obie slash Jacob toppin combo uh if e dunk's like Obie Topping who won a couple of years ago. I've watched every single dunk from his Wildcats life.
Speaker 3: You used to play for Kentucky. He was awesome. Of course everybody knows that.
Speaker 2: Yeah Kentuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every so he got it.
Speaker 1: He's obviously con dunk.
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 2: I don't know some of these these people in dunk contest.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You ever see Daryl arm Front Just lay that's true. I'll take McClung, though. I okay, you're going mclung ye a little shorty.
Speaker 1: It seems impossible to pick against him, But you're right, Jalen. They think they're gonna be really kind to him even if he gets into the finals.
Speaker 3: I think it's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what we're hoping for.
Speaker 3: Do you think I was thinking about this because, oh, Duncan is dead.
Speaker 1: It's stupid, blah blahlah. We always have this conversation. Is there any way to fix it in your mind? I know we always talk about like we always joked that it should be Drake, but it should be Drake put up a million bucks to the winner. It could be any of these gambling sites obviously could do it. Would that be enough or do you have any other ideas that can maybe fix it?
Speaker 3: Well, the money seemed to work for the nd season tournament, so I think the monkey would work for the context. There is a prize I think for it currently right easily like twenty five pound. It might be more. Yeah, yeah, they do kick paid something, but bitt And paid a million dollars and like having it be a huge part of.
Speaker 1: It as like a cash prize at the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would help.
Speaker 2: All Stars would just lower the sort of expectations of what it would be. I don't think you would really expect All Stars to be you know, these incredible dunkers. You're just like, oh, Rudy Goberican throw down a dunk. That's cool for people who are part of the All Star Game just have to dunk.
Speaker 3: That's the requirement.
Speaker 1: Force theme.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think you're saying force them, not foresome.
Speaker 1: I did say force them, but I can understand what Here's how we fixed tell guys fucking think about it. People tune it in.
Speaker 3: We been here at the White Rabbit cabarets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good idea, but for them, Yeah, it gets the people go in. Oh yeah, I got I think we should force the young ends to go in. And I've said that before. I I I can't believe that. It's almost like that to me is fair like rookie sophomore and stuff like that. I get it. They don't want to get hurt, they don't want to do it, they don't want to be embarrassed. What about this idea? Though, this is really out of left field. Let's go we don't do it every year, we shut it down. We let it build like every we do it every three or four years, you know what I mean, like like we just like like the Olympics, Yes, I love it, the Olympics of dunking. If break dancing could be a sport in the Olympics, I can't dunking, God damn it. Anyway, that's my idea.
Speaker 3: So we'll see. How about this. Get somebody to tell Anthony Edwards he can't win the dunk contact that He'll be like, oh, I'll win the dunk reverse psychology, Yeah, and advance in it. It's cool, Okay, for the record, I will take MC. I'm gonna go with Tassy here, all right?
Speaker 1: Final one? The All Star Game?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You like the Easter West this year? The last West?
Speaker 3: The line is two and a half. Why why do you say the West? I know who's coaching the East the worst.
Speaker 1: He's got to have the worst record ever after an All Star coach. He's three and seven is not great?
Speaker 3: Not great? Uh?
Speaker 1: You see? You like the West?
Speaker 3: I love the West? I love it. The more important question is scoo do you like for MV Timy Hawks.
Speaker 2: It's his birthday on Sunday?
Speaker 1: Sunday?
Speaker 2: Double check that.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: It's pandering time Halliburton. There's a chance he's gonna try. He's gonna try. Exactly. In October, he said last year's All Star Game was trash. The word trash. He called an All Star game trash. So he's got to perform. It's fun. It's him and Damian Lillard in a backboard, a guy who he imitated. Yeah, the watch, but you can't have to watch perfectly. Oh that's perfect timing his watch celebration this year.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 2: He's gotta try. Everybody's gotta try. But Dam's gonna give him the ball.
Speaker 3: Ah. He's gonna have a great game. I mean he could just rack up literally like thirty assists too. I don't know what styles mode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what the record is in an All Star game. It's probably Chris Paul or something. It's like a twenty plus. Somebody fact check me out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody pulled that. Yeah, okay, so you're going Haliburton crazy? Yeah? Who are you going for MVP? I mean everybody wants to pick Caliburn, I do toom h. I'm gonna pick Paul George.
Speaker 5: Oh he's back, baby, Hollie g Yeah, Paul George.
Speaker 3: Indiana fans, I like Paul George. Now can change. All you gotta do is start a podcast. Yeah, put out to the great clips.
Speaker 1: Paul George used to be a piece of ship.
Speaker 3: Is they say exactly? Place for New Year's Eve? Perri for sure?
Speaker 7: Ski, It's from the back over here. Yeah, Magic Johnson.
Speaker 1: Magic Johnson with twenty two. Okay, that's a long time for the record to stand. Halliburton's being in here we go forty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like forty assists. Damn, that's just like every basket.
Speaker 1: Honest, he'd be counterintuitive because he's like it's trash because no one's playing defense. But he wants a bunch of assists. So it's like easy baskets, easy assists.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, so you got help, you got Paul George Haliburton. I saw that NBA dot com. They asked their writers, four of their five writers, including John Schuman, who's not an attendance night.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to get you excited there after I started setting it up there.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: They picked Luka Doncic he doesn't have you know, he doesn't have one. That's what I think. I mean, like you're never picking your kitchen one of these. Ye And it's like Luca's sort of the same way. He doesn't seem to care.
Speaker 3: That's a weird pick to me, that four of the five or whatever it was picked on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't pickt the hurt no one b there's more injuries. So West picture hot, but Luca doesn't. Nah, that's not his thing. The same thing with Jimmy when he was a RAM.
Speaker 1: The favorites are Yannis s g A. Corey, and then it's like, you know, obviously a bunch of names all lump together.
Speaker 3: I mean, no guys off the benchure on the favorites list. No, that's who's least likely to win MVP.
Speaker 1: Is it? Okay, let's remove your kitch because it doesn't care likely to win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. Paul George, I don't know.
Speaker 4: He's come off the.
Speaker 1: BAM.
Speaker 3: Maybe I would be. It's hard to see, BAM who I won?
Speaker 1: One can't pickI who I want an All Star game? Well, yeah, that's a good point. That's good point.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So yeah that's the All Star predictions. Let's get to the up down report. Let's go. We got the graphic. JD packed the graphic. All right, updown report, Jill thumbs up, thumbs down. Play along in the crowd, TK.
Speaker 3: You have the topics here, Yeah, all Indiana themed of course. First one's a big one, a movie that Victor Webb and Yama just found out about this week.
Speaker 1: Luckily that has been dubbed in French Steeds Hoosiers.
Speaker 3: Wee wee, wee, get your thumbs going.
Speaker 1: Released in nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 3: What do you think it's got on? Rotten tomatoes? Speeds? Uh yeah, eighty two, ninety one, too high, bit oly, too high. Gene Hackman, yep, Barbara Hershey, Dennis Hopper got nominated for a cast.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, it's a drunk shop watch this.
Speaker 3: Oh we're getting another Webby. Yeah, that's gonna be a big time all right, up, we're down on Hoosiers, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Oh a lot of thumbs that the crowd to be expected.
Speaker 3: I'm thumbs.
Speaker 2: I would run through the wall for Gene Hackman. He does a great job of inspiring his team. There's no doubt about that. It's about perseverance. It's got some rudey vibes for sure.
Speaker 3: Yep, Gene Hackman. This is this movie is almost forty years old. Gene Hackman is like ninety four. He was coaching. He was He's just a young man.
Speaker 2: He was great. It's just a young man in his fifties.
Speaker 3: Man with birthday.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a positive movie, so you're up on it. Of course.
Speaker 1: I found this review, I wanted to share a small part of a review of Hoosier's Is from twenty twenty one's by someone named eight Bites, So I just picked a few of the parts that made laugh.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 1: I never saw this growing up. I'm thirty eight and never watched it as an adult. I recently recently decided to give it a shot, and boy, what a dumpster fire of a movie. How the hell did this ever receive the praise it did.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely trash.
Speaker 1: Here are some key points that sold me on it being an absolute dogshit film. Okay points. The coach is never really shown to be coaching. He doesn't teach his players self discovery. He doesn't give them knowledge of the game. He doesn't help condition them to be better athletes. He just yells a lot. He's just a crotchety old man and an abusive coach.
Speaker 3: Oh woll whoa whoa. He measures the basketball, so that's knowledge.
Speaker 1: Jimmy. Jimmy's the key player that turns the team around the problem. We never learn his motivations or anything else. He's just like, yeah, okay, ball is life, let's go, and then the team just becomes an unstoppable force. So we don't get to see the team get better. We just see Jimmy carry the team to the championship game, proving that for this team there is an iron team. And then finally my final line that made me laugh, nineteen fifties basketball sucks.
Speaker 2: So yeah, some of the basketball in this basketball movie was subpar.
Speaker 3: Right, So I guess what I'm gonna got is I'm down a fight?
Speaker 1: Sold me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really have much of an opinion.
Speaker 3: I do think it's.
Speaker 1: Probably overrated in basketball movies.
Speaker 3: I disagree. I think it's become over hated so old that people are like, wait a minute, this movie sucks. Because I didn't watch it when it came out, I guess what, it's awesome. I also haven't watched it since it came out. But I also did rating skeets and I read Wikipedia fine website, and I was just gonna tell you, I got chills remembering those scenes that I liked as a young boy. Right, four passes before you shoot it, the picket fence measuring the hoop, Jimmy saying I'll make it, and then making it. We all know if the players that win championships not the coaches. It's true.
Speaker 1: It's been true ever since the nineteen fifties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm up all right. Most people were up. Not a surprise.
Speaker 1: Sounds like ninety one percent of people are up up there. I heard it's based on a true story.
Speaker 3: It is, it is, it is a true story. Milan High School?
Speaker 1: Is that what it's called?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 3: I want to go to milin mylon. Yeah, I don't get fair enough. I thought a movie about fashion. We speaking of fashion? Yeah, our next, our next, up doown topic. In nineteen ninety eight, all the Pacers shave their heads for the playoffs. Look, some of these guys already had bald heads, like Jalen Rose had a bald head, Travis Best probably had a bald head. But it was a shock when Chris Mullen and Rick Smith's and Fred Hoiberg shaved their heads a motivational ploy going into the playoffs. Kind of the exact opposite of a playoff beard. Yeah, sorry, guys up or down on the Pacers shavy heads?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I am so down on a shaved head. Is it's it's something else. It's freaky, it's freaky.
Speaker 2: Well that's a good thing. You want to win a basketball game. You freaked the hell out of the opponent.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't like it. I don't like I don't like veering my head over to that photo here on all right, it is scary. The warm ups are incredible, and this is a this is a picture from the nineties. You could certainly tell I was doing some reading. I was reading a Skip Bayless column. Was reading a Skip Bayless Some dog whistles in that one, actually surprising. I couldn't expect that. But there was a great line the Bulls. Bill Wennington was asked what he thinks of Chris Mullen's bald head. They were teammates in college. You said, I think he looks really good in a hat.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: But all the Pacers fans were big. They were loved this. The biggest T shirts sold outside of the stadium once that bald is beautiful. The other said, I went bald for the boys. Okay, that's shirt you should fell. That's a good shirt. That's a good shirt.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm down. I've told the story before. I want shaved my head in high school. My buddy Brodie did it with a beard trimmer, and I looked like this I was like a piece of ship.
Speaker 3: It was horrible.
Speaker 1: Like some people should not have shaped head.
Speaker 3: You have.
Speaker 1: We we, I'm including myself, have oddly shaped heads and moles and things up there, and so yeah, you never know until you go. Well, you gotta do it once.
Speaker 3: You gotta do it once. You haven't lived.
Speaker 1: Until you shaved your head.
Speaker 3: That's right here, who's shaped their head? I haven't? Right now, there we go. Oh, wait, my man, No, he's got he's got a face.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: We got some nice looking ahead. He doesn't adjacent. All right, So we are.
Speaker 1: You're down, I'm down.
Speaker 3: No, I'm up.
Speaker 2: I mean I would rather see that than a Chris mullet, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, I hear you guys are so loud out there. Gonna lose your macmaclungs.
Speaker 3: Once he starts, it's over.
Speaker 4: What else? All right?
Speaker 3: Next? One simple updown topic Reggie Miller. Oh that's a simple lunch dumbs up. Eighteen seasons in the NBA, eighteen points per game, five time all start, three time all NBA, NBA Top seventy five player of all time, Hall of Famer, and.
Speaker 1: He's got a statue at the children's museum here.
Speaker 3: Oh not at the arena and a mural, great mural, great mural. So you're up or down on Reggie Miller? Are we? Are we? Including his entire world?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I was, I was gonna ask you basketball first, broadcasting second.
Speaker 1: Now I'm up. I'm generally up. Even Reggie started to grow in me on the call, and I couldn't believe, like you just got an extension, and they were like, it's like twenty five years, it's gonna take him.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what, Wow?
Speaker 1: Hell is Reggie Miller for calling games you know in a couple more years or twenty five years?
Speaker 2: Look shocking nuts. But I need to get up and look at this V neck jersey though? That up on Reggie down on that V neck.
Speaker 3: It's a deep.
Speaker 1: Would you captain see the man?
Speaker 3: That's a that's a nice touch. Who would went.
Speaker 1: Between Reggie and Cheryl in a three point contest shootout? Cheryl? Well, one on one?
Speaker 3: I think Cheryl she like always beat Reggie right three point navy Reggie has the advantage. But I mean, if Stephan Sabrina ends quickly, I know Reggie and Cheryl Reggie shot should shoot, that'd be awesome. I'm up.
Speaker 2: You just reminded me, Skeets when you talk about getting your head shaved in high school, that I wore a thirty one four Reggie in high school.
Speaker 3: I can't believe I didn't pack the thing. What an idiot.
Speaker 2: I still have it, and it's a much better jersey than that thing that I'm looking at with that V neck that looks photoshopped, does it not.
Speaker 1: It's very deep, it's very cute. Yeah, that's more the collar you would see on a windbreaker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that looks like yeah nineties cool guy. Yeah, I will take up as well. Yes, all right, now, Reggie Miller has a broadcaster. Guy said he loves basketball. You can tell yeah to be there. Yeah, anything you can do, I can do better. Look, we do this.
Speaker 1: We do this for a living. We're talking to him, Mike all the time. You repeat yourself a lot. If we see the same goddamn story over and over again, I'll try a jump fir every once in.
Speaker 3: A while, like you know, like, well, are you a teasing one?
Speaker 1: I've got one coming.
Speaker 3: I'm trying. There we go, there we go.
Speaker 1: No, So my point is like you start to like he starts to grow on me, for sure, Yes, I agree. Yeah, and he does love basketball, so that is.
Speaker 3: That's a good. That's a positive. I think two thumbs up. Yeah, lots of thumbs excellent. Stick them at the Pacers. This is from the twenty fourteen season. It's when the Pacers did a photo shoot for I believe in our slogan this season was blue Collar gold Swagger.
Speaker 1: That's a five, the five baby.
Speaker 3: We got David West, George Hill, Paul George, Roy Hebbert, and Lance Stevenson. As the story goes, it was February twenty fifth, twenty fourteen when this came out. The Indiana Pacers had a forty two and thirteen record. After the Pacers GQ photo appeared, the Pacers finished the regular season fourteen and thirteen. The curse of the photo shoot. They still did. They still went to the conference finals. I believe in some tough series against the like Hawks and some other team. They went to the Heat. You know they played the Heat twice in the conference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they play the Heat. They lost in six the Heat. So they rebounded after the fourteen and thirteen finished. But there was something to playoff tested.
Speaker 3: Yes, there was something about this photo and also something if I'm not mistaken about Lance Stevenson was like really getting touted for the All Star Game that year, didn't make the All Star Game and then spent the last half of the season trying to make the All Star Game. It didn't work. But I'm all on this. These guys look incredible. Uh yeah, I have to dress like any of these guys, which I'll go, great question.
Speaker 2: I think George Hill was ahead of its time. Look at that that beanie that is falling off his head.
Speaker 1: That is far back.
Speaker 3: Yes, people do that now. The shirt is slightly embarrassing. Uh, colars deeper than Reggie's. Yeah, it's wide open until his literally his waist. That's really weird. I'm looking for Roy Hibbert in Indiana. I can't find him. See him on all this all this signage. Great dude, this was a great team. I love these kids. I like the David West pants type pants. Oh yeah, looking good.
Speaker 1: See I like this.
Speaker 3: Uh like hilarious photo shoot better than remember the Warriors did a photo shooting. They all look like youth pastors. Like a cool r and deeper, much better, much better. Thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up.
Speaker 3: People are yeah, I mean, if you're not a pace, if you're a Basements fan and has probably different contotations, but uh, I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it all right.
Speaker 3: Our next topic shrimp cocktail, and we had their signature dish, which are our waiter. Rick told us it's the best you'll ever have and you'll never forget it. And this guy he won't let us forget because we were just talking with them, chatting deciding what to order. He's like, I don't know, I'm a big eater, and then he proceeded to get his phone out flipped through five thousand pictures to find a picture of the biggest Tomahawks take you've ever seen, because I that's what I always order.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, Rick, Yeah, if I gave thumbs down to that photo, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: He was a weird flex from a waiter, like you'll eat steaks. This is a man.
Speaker 3: Hell, it's very weird, you know, if the menu lives to be believed, he had been there more than thirty years, and I'm to me.
Speaker 1: That like confers legend status.
Speaker 3: So you know, like they're always talking about how cool it is that Lebron can instantly reference the exact plays that happened right during a game.
Speaker 1: Rick is like then.
Speaker 3: Of servers because he can remember every meal anyone's ever ate. So the next people that come in, he's gonna be like I had this group of five guys, they ordered the biggest prime rib.
Speaker 1: Who got on the menu. These sissies, ye wasting our prime rib.
Speaker 3: But the shrimp cocktail is great. Thumbs up for me. The nineties classic or also a nineteen hundreds class early nineteen hundred? Did you did you like it? Oh? I absolutely liked it.
Speaker 2: I think Rick can Rick can read the room. He said that you'll always remember the shrimp cocktail. I will always remember it because.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know that horsetratus was a part of shrimp cocktail because I've had it so many times. But the horsetratish that I have, it's not even doesn't even exist, doesn't even you can't even taste it. I love, I love with sabby, and I think it's still in my nose.
Speaker 1: Literally, that was crazy, Like everyone was warning you, like, okay, be careful, you're right with spices, like it's gonna clear you out. You're like you're like, yeah, okay, sure, but holy eyes were watering one blight. It was like straight up there, so but it was good.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 1: Also it's like their only app which is my fair part, like, well, you have to have its thumbs up on the shrimp cocktail.
Speaker 3: I do think that's such a good like marketing thing that every waiter should do. Just pick one dish and always tell the people you'll never forget this, because now you're prime in the pump and they won't forget it even if it's like a forregrettable dish.
Speaker 1: You're like, well, Rick said it, yeah, yeah, yeah. Rick started talking about Joey Chestnut really oh yeah, shaming his new shrimp cocktail stats.
Speaker 3: It's like eighteen in eighteen pounds of this in eight minutes, what like eighty Literally this one was amazing, all right. Moving on, kind of adjacent to Saint Almos restaurant merchandise. Are you up or down on restaurant merchandise? These are Saint Elmos hats. No, it's I think that guy's name is Matt, Matt with the hat. So we went today to actually try and get these. I was gonna get the one that said world famous Saint Elmos Steakhouse, but they were literally sold out and the people there told us it was a frenzy. I was like, WHOA, Well, so I'll be trying to track down a stupid steakhouse hat on the paying an aborbitent fee for a joke.
Speaker 1: It's like somebody came home later today and was like, had a black eye, and what happened on you? I got into a guy over a world famous Saint Almos steakhouse hat pop up shop. You know what, Lid's got Jack from my hat?
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: They're nice, but you mean restaurant merchant in general in general. Yeah, I don't think I own any Loger shirt. I guess that is a brood. Yeah, a restaurant. I have never thought about it. Well, I guess I gotta be up. I'd be a hypocritic. Yeah, so yeah, I'm up on it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I to him up on it.
Speaker 2: I would love to see Matt with a hat and strip that off his head because I think that's the best one. But they're they're all sold out. Yeah, I don't think that there were that many. It was a very small table, small print smart.
Speaker 1: It's like us with our crew necks.
Speaker 3: In general, with the Tomahawks steak If you don't get it while they're selling them, they're not going to have them anymore.
Speaker 1: That was the case for us. Maybe Rick was eating them or something like everyone.
Speaker 2: In general, though, you walk into a restaurant with any sort of merchandise from it on you, Yeah, I think that's cool.
Speaker 3: It's like buying a band's shirt, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was there the night Joey Chestnut took down eighteen pounds of shrimp tail. All right, you're up on it, like you tried to.
Speaker 3: Get I tried to get one. I would have absolutely worn this hat on stage tonight. That's successful. But I also just like a restaurant like a shirt in general, because you're like, the designs are pretty cool, you have to have gone there to get it.
Speaker 1: Conversation piece, I don't.
Speaker 2: I think Saint Elmos might be lying about how many they sold, you know what I mean? Now it's not interesting, But it was a very very small table, small table.
Speaker 3: There weren't a lot of hats, and seven.
Speaker 1: Have a lot of mess shorts left over.
Speaker 3: The shorts, the nice shorts not as desirable as the hats, though not when it's a dam blizzard side. It's hard to go to the gym hooping in a steakhouse, especially unless you love the butcher shop? Am I right?
Speaker 1: People?
Speaker 2: Speaking of food, nobody eats his steak and goes in places food.
Speaker 3: That's a segue, nice as teased? Corn corn on corn.
Speaker 1: Corn a big time up, big time love corn.
Speaker 3: Tell me more, name your top five corn dishes. I love cream corn cream corn.
Speaker 1: Corn on the cob, of course, all right, corn corn wat corn is.
Speaker 3: So good because you forget it's corn.
Speaker 1: Corn corn bread. Hello, taste this big time up on corn? Corn dogs?
Speaker 3: Come on, man, corn.
Speaker 1: Pocket corn dog? Did anybody bring it?
Speaker 3: Cornnuts?
Speaker 1: They may say cornnuts, corn canned corn?
Speaker 3: I accept that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not?
Speaker 3: Okay? I think we were talking about joey chestnut. We should have.
Speaker 2: Competitions eating corn. Must I don't know because it's not really But how can you.
Speaker 1: Tell when you eat corn on the cob? Are you a sloppy eater?
Speaker 3: Colonels?
Speaker 1: Are you like a one colonel person like and it's like like a pig went to town out? Yeah, like a typewriter or a pig went to town on a type Right, great, a snobbl Remember.
Speaker 3: I'm a sloppy I'm a sloppy joe.
Speaker 2: I go at it. Yeah, I'll just have some fun.
Speaker 1: It's it's wait, my mom is My mom is a typewriter cornator, and I'll say it, They'll say it, my mom is a typewriters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she'll write a particular word.
Speaker 1: And he was a typewriter cornator and her mom was a typewriter corninator. It's in the family.
Speaker 2: But come on, I want to see chestnut eat some corn. Let's see that.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to. That's disgusting. I actually went that was one of the foods I would least like to see Joey chestnut eat. I think, tell me, yeah, too sloppy be flying everywhere, but you can't go. You can't go typewriter. But when you're in a contest, you gotta go. What ever the other one is.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it would probably be like you'd like shave it off, right, Yeah, maybe so maybe so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's like when people do with flat wings. I think people would literally go end to end deep.
Speaker 3: That's the fastes.
Speaker 1: What is the scream City?
Speaker 3: I've been thinking a lot about pig novels ever since you mentioned a piggy is at the typewriter. What's a pig's favorite book? Charlotte's Web? You're right, what's a pig's least favorite book. We've got a literate punch out here. It was a test.
Speaker 1: I only do two pig books one.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, sad endings in both, but uplifting excuse.
Speaker 1: Me the jungle.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, more pig books that I thought people, that's why I talk about basketball for a lena. Okay, moving on, Yeah, calling a stadium a fieldhouse, are you up or down bridge? Field house? It's still can Zicco to meet people?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: Do we know what game bridge is? When I thought you said it.
Speaker 1: Was like investing or something. Yeah, that sounds right, that sounds right. Uh, big time up on this field housing. It's the only one in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Right, there's no other field house not in the NBA. No, definitely not the NBA. I love it. It's class. I haven't been lockting mortgage as a field house.
Speaker 1: Oh god, damn right it used to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you're right, I did steal it.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: It just feels special.
Speaker 3: It does feel special, and it feels like specifically basketball coded right, Like they're playing basketball in a fieldhouse, whereas an arena you could play any sport, just like you could at a field house. But it feels like they only allow basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the strange part about calling it a field house.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's happening. I don't know what sport.
Speaker 2: They're great with their windows, obviously, Indiana's great with their stadiums and their windows.
Speaker 1: You're right, the airport, good windows.
Speaker 3: Great windows to bottom.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: I hate to bring this up, but let's keep whispered in my ear. Where's the field? Yeah, so that's the question. I have no idea what the sport is.
Speaker 1: People don't even live there. Huh.
Speaker 3: All right. I like that courthouse is taken.
Speaker 1: I like saying when when we go, uh, when we go play basketball? Like or like we talked about it on the show, like they were in their barn. Where is it in their barn? I love saying that. So a fieldhouse sort of farmhouse, you know, back to the pigs the Yeah, yeah, so I love it.
Speaker 3: I absolutely love it. All right, sounds good. Moving on, we got a couple of more lefts and the famous people we're going to talk about here, Peyton Manning, you up or down on Peyton Manning.
Speaker 1: Fourteen seasons?
Speaker 3: But the Colts.
Speaker 1: Four with the Broncos. Is that is that poorly looked down upon?
Speaker 3: With the Broncos two super Bowls, one with each one with each he said, when I get the NFL, I'm only playing for horse teams. I heard he had a try out with the Mavericks.
Speaker 1: Just kidding.
Speaker 3: That was Tony Romo. He did beat the Bears in the Super Bowl in two thousand and six. Sad times, but Devin has to try to kick off.
Speaker 1: That was cool.
Speaker 3: That was very cool.
Speaker 1: Up or down on Peyton Manning? Well, let me ask you, I don't know much about football. Is he considered I guess he's considered top five quarterback of all time. He's probably like most MVPs in NFL history.
Speaker 3: He's the only I think he's the only quarterback to make starts, to make multiple Super Bowl starts for more than one. He's pretty good. He's pretty good and according to Wikipedia, never wrong. He saved football in Indianapolis? Is that trail? Would you say? People said the Colts may have left had page.
Speaker 1: He's like the Vince Carter to the raptors, Pete Manning to the cold No, no, no, no, he won.
Speaker 3: Ship. That's that's a true I'm down then on this.
Speaker 1: He's gonna. I mean, I like when his head always getting got indented, the reddest.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's a heck of a podcaster. He's a heck of a Manning caster. It's it's it's well done. Omaha, omaha.
Speaker 3: I like saying that and just like saying yeah. He calls a quick audible.
Speaker 4: And he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his whole podcast network right like he's Peyton Manning is basically g D when do you think about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does all the recording and stuff. He's pressing all the buttons. It's very hands on. It's just like when he was the quarterback. Actually, yeah, he's got that f he flips up. He's like, all right the beach Steven, alright, my better help.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: He produced Kenny Beacham's first show.
Speaker 1: Yep, Okay, we're up.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I would actually say it's not fair that he's funny, too good at football to be also funny.
Speaker 1: At least it's not a good looking.
Speaker 3: I said, you can make two or three yea, he got the right ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Our final updown report. Candidate here t pay What does he have to do with Indianapolis. He's not from No, but he was on our plane when we came t pay he was sitting in the exit rum.
Speaker 1: Just kidding, he was sitting in the first class.
Speaker 2: He may actually be performing right now. He's performing tonight. Yet he's not in the game though, celebrity game, not not that I know of. Yeah, he's at NBA Crossover performing right now. Just imagine listening paying performed.
Speaker 3: Which yeah, I'm going by and Winter seems like a very nice guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm up. I recently watched he did like the is it called like Top of the Covers or something. He does all the covers and either like an hour.
Speaker 3: It's on YouTube.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. He's in incredible singers, super talented. Yeah, so for that reason, I am up on PA and he took the same flight as us and was on our flight. Auto tum just saying it. No, but that's but now he does that's the crazy part. That's the weirdest thing. He had this a celebrity game. You're saying he's not in the celebrity game because he auto tuned for the first decade of his music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he went to his regular voice and they're like, oh no, he's got incredible voice. Incredible voice. It was like Live at the sun Rose or something somewhere in La.
Speaker 1: Check it out on YouTube. We watched it on Christmas. I don't know why I'm sharing this with you.
Speaker 3: We actually would.
Speaker 1: We watched it and then we were like, this might be our Christmas tradition. We're gonna watch this seriously. It's really good. It's really good and he seems cool as ship. I think he's not.
Speaker 3: I don't know him, but he looked he looked like he would be nice when we walked. Yes, yes, if you said hello, mister Payne, well didn't.
Speaker 1: One of you say, like, somebody looked at him?
Speaker 3: You thought you told the story? I thought no.
Speaker 2: The person said to him to Tee Paint, I Hi, are you te Pain? He said, yes, I'm t Paint And.
Speaker 3: She said you just made my day, just like Paint.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But he has gotten better as a singer totally, just just like Christmas. For you, it sounds like it's gotten better. Yes, the more Christmas is you have, the more Tea Pains you get to listen to.
Speaker 3: Sounds awesome.
Speaker 1: You gonna watch it, watch it on Christmas. It's in near the mood for te Pain.
Speaker 3: That's the time to watch. Okay, I'm up now. Sounds like a special moment. Yeah, I'm good. Teeth paint that felt down report report, Omaha, omaha, omahah Yeah. I think we're going to beach stepping here.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do a little beach step and we're gonna do it live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sing along everyone. I don't know. That's the only part I know. That's the only part I know. Let's go to the beach. Shut.
Speaker 1: Jerome has a bike. He is out in the crowd.
Speaker 3: Hello, if you have a question, I guess, throw up your hand. Jerome will make his weight. All right, we're gonna go right here. You know some people have basketball questions. Sure you can for us for a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm kidding.
Speaker 3: Ask whatever you want.
Speaker 4: All right, we got a question over here. Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 3: How's you so? Question?
Speaker 1: We're doing good.
Speaker 3: Next.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you know this, but the official food of Indiana is not corn. It's a pork tenderloin sandwich. Now what NBA All Star would you compare to the pork tenderloin sandwich?
Speaker 3: Wow? Really good question.
Speaker 1: This guy wants an Andrew Nemark looking thinking that's it right there, right right, there.
Speaker 2: You that.
Speaker 1: Wow, Sorry were you reacting? Because you were originally a pork tenderline man and you had fried brain sandwich.
Speaker 3: Originally on the long list was both pork tenderline sandwich and fried brain sandwich? Is that a real thing? Fried brain sandwich? Okay? Because it seemed by like, you know, just doing my googles, Uh, notable Indiana things, and fried brain sandwich came up more than once. But maybe now it's like one of those things that tricked the outsiders.
Speaker 1: Tell me fried brain sandwiches, Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: Man. Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: I ate a pork.
Speaker 3: Tenderline sandwich less than a month ago out of Culver's in Chicago. Uh, and I ordered it with mustard and pickles, and they looked at me like I was crazy.
Speaker 1: So what's supposed to go on a pork tenderline sandwich?
Speaker 3: Okay, mustard and pickles? Right, well, let's see these Illinois people.
Speaker 1: Do tender lines, am I right?
Speaker 3: Let me do. Let me take a guess on the NBA's work tender white sandwich. It's gonna sound crazy, but I think it's Victor won the Yama. Okay, go on, because he is huge, but he.
Speaker 1: Has tiny buns. Yeah, that's a mic drop. That's les go home?
Speaker 3: What an end?
Speaker 1: Dare you even try a pep?
Speaker 3: Great question?
Speaker 1: You're in the running right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. All I can think of was big butts myself? What's that? Yes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's all I got.
Speaker 1: All right, Jerome, I'm over here.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, we got a couple. All right, we're gonna start over here.
Speaker 4: Did you guys get a game of ice chest in this year?
Speaker 1: Ice chest?
Speaker 3: For those that don't know, you're in a hotel room. You take off your shirts, you throw ice at each other, classic game of ice chest. No we haven't, we have?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Good night is young? Honestly, if you paid for b I p stick around. We got a bucket in the back.
Speaker 1: Make some bad money that way. You gotta go check the type of ice at the hotel to very important. You know, you can get the sharp cutting people, the big cubes, you know.
Speaker 3: So I didn't check.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys went to the ice.
Speaker 3: I didn't check up the ice, all right. I did watch Choosers though. That's how Hackman coached his kids.
Speaker 1: Come on, kid, That's how I learned who Clinton Malartic was.
Speaker 3: The hockey goalie like you took a slight like skates to the neck right and started lading on the on the ice. I think, uh, maybe it was named Maybe it was you who was getting hit with the ice on the ice chest.
Speaker 1: And somebody got a little high, went into the throat and task those You didn't know who starting it was.
Speaker 3: I know it was the one wants to explain. I like that has a great job. I'm gonna tell that on a live show fifteen years from now. I did do something pretty dumb at the hotel today, though. I was trying to connect with Laura and the girls on the FaceTime. I'm where like I would. I would call her, she wouldn't answer.
Speaker 1: She would call me.
Speaker 3: I would blah blah blah bah. It's all right. I'm hopping in the shower. We'll talk later. I turn on the shower, I see the coff them and I was like, awesome, I'll talk to them. I'll let the shower run for a little bit. Warm up. It's not my billy talk for a few minutes. I'm like, okay, all right, I'm gonna hop in the shower. Apparently the drain was closed. Oh if I want to talk for like probably two more minutes I was gotting out of flood my hotel room. You're completely you're on a high floor too, be really bad.
Speaker 1: But it was all good.
Speaker 3: I just took a shower and shit deep water.
Speaker 1: But you, my's so funny. You brought this up by literally we did not talk about this. But I took a shower. Normal shower, drain open. What's with the water pressure here? It's incredible or nothing drains here. I can't stand taking a shower when you're standing like in a foot of water because it won't drain fast enough. I hate that for some reason. Well imagine two feet one.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, that it's nice because you're like, hey, I'm taking a bath from the knee.
Speaker 1: Down, because look, I want to pee in the shower.
Speaker 3: But when there's a you know, you know that's much water. Can't Yeah, it's like I can't do it now. I always wanting to pee. I was wanting to like get every bit of mucus out of my entire body, you know, just shoot them, not rockets, but not with the pristine lakes beneath me.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say you were eating shrimp cocktails in a shower, like Cramer, open up your sinuses story.
Speaker 3: Just you turned. I didn't know you were going to talk about peeing in the shower. Well, I mean, you know, but you know that.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, that's the worst part.
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I hate it. I hate it, and everybody seems to hate that. Thumbs uper thumbs down.
Speaker 3: In showering.
Speaker 1: Okay, good question about ice Chesto.
Speaker 3: We'll play something later next one.
Speaker 4: So, a couple of weeks ago, y'all were talking about doing go karting when you were here in India, Appolis, So I got to ask, what's your favorite amusement park ride or activity?
Speaker 2: Oh not the teacups in the brains. That sounds like that happens as that's what I've heard.
Speaker 1: I think I'm just I'm a roller coaster guy, so I think it's not a fun answer.
Speaker 3: I would say for like amusement park rides, giant drops for me, Oh you like those ring your way up top. We'll go fake out and then they really drop you. It takes a second for your boys to actually kick in. Like Tyrese Haliburton, you should hear his voice on one of those like crazy crazy, do you have a fa? Do you have a favorite ride. No, I just eat corn dogs. Yeah, I mean I'll have a teapot. I'll just go and circles.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold eating eating food and a fair is not an activity.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, well, you know there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of fairs where there's rides are just so poopy.
Speaker 3: Just don't want to go on. You just need to eat. I'm from Yes.
Speaker 1: What was the best ride of Disney World? What was the best of the Star Wars?
Speaker 3: Everything? Star Wars there was?
Speaker 1: But these are rides that you're just in a chair doing like this.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, they have some real ones are very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do have a pop and lock ride. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I want a cohost. I feel all these ones I see. I'm sure they're fun, but like reality. Yeah, you couldn't stop talking about the Avatar one.
Speaker 3: You I like the Avatar ride better than the movies. Wow, that was incredible. I felt like I was in Pandora. Tears in my eyes, missed in my face, riding a banshee, almost got eaten by a whale, but we made it.
Speaker 1: Do when you ride that ride, what you like in the sun bed thing or the tanning bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean they give you like a whole backstory of course, and man, I forget what the was. It's like, it's like a Pandoran for looks cool, for let's go. So of course I was screaming it at the top of my.
Speaker 1: Launs the entire time. That's great, Okay, great question. Who's leading right now? I think the pork tender Lloyd is still leading.
Speaker 3: So here's my solution to fix the dunk contest.
Speaker 6: You open up a second division with jes mascots, and they compete four mascots. Mascots uh score the other mascots, and then the winner from the mascot division faces an NBA player. Winner gets the trophy and the mascot versus NBA player what mascot then also has the best chance of beating an NBA player.
Speaker 1: By the way, I think they did do a mascot like dunk contest like way back in the day, because I remember the Charlotte Hornets mascot Buzz or Bug or whatever the hell it was. Yeah, yeah, like you go, Hugo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then he light on fire that one time when he was literally on fire.
Speaker 3: He was dangerous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Frank the tank as well, like but he won a dunk on us. I remember because they called it like the windshield or something, because he like he jumped off a trampoline and then like splatted into the to the backboard like human windshield, Like he died.
Speaker 3: They didn't die. That's good.
Speaker 1: Rest put up, but we put up arrest.
Speaker 3: Yougo, Yeah, you got good sons. Gorilla I think is like known as a trampoline dunker and Bango the buck. I think it's pretty good, or at least their their duck.
Speaker 1: Crew is I think my answer though, because we've seen his creativity before and helping Aaron Gordon finished second. But stuff stuff wind a magic mascot with all his hoverboards and what he's got helping out. Yeah, stuff you know as a dark horse plus seven hundred on FanDuel. That's not bad.
Speaker 3: That's not bad.
Speaker 1: I like the idea. There's something there. Maybe mascots.
Speaker 3: His Rocky is still the Nuggets mascot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's good.
Speaker 3: He used to hang out on the rooftop. I mean he could dunk from there.
Speaker 2: I think I trust him to jump off that rooftop rooftop and dunk.
Speaker 3: What is he be? That good?
Speaker 1: Piecers mascot is Boomer. A cat is a backboard cat during a game.
Speaker 3: I mean high school, like a high school's backboard. We had the Harlem Low Trotters coming up by high school. I think I was either a junior or senior.
Speaker 1: And we're not gonna believe this, but not a lot of dunks in my high school.
Speaker 3: So they were dunking a lot more on the rims so bad that they had to replace the rims. They were like two loose and we had like a big Christmas tournament coming up, so they had to switch them out. And the shooting percentages were a brutal and that's the only reason why.
Speaker 1: All right, a couple more, I think we have time.
Speaker 7: For I do have some intel on a mascot dunk contest.
Speaker 4: Provided by Liz.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Liz. Are you reading off Lissa's phone right now?
Speaker 7: Liz handed me this phone right now, respect, respect, Thank you.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 7: On February twentieth, nineteen ninety three, at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City, Boomer of the Indiana Pacers, Crunch of the Minnesota Timberwolves, Gorilla of the Phoenix Suns, and Hugo the Hornet of the Charlotte Hornets battle for mascot slam dunk supremacy.
Speaker 3: Who do you think one? Let's hear it from the crowd, give me.
Speaker 8: A room, applause. Who if you think it was Hugo clause. We're also we got crunch Man songs Gorilla.
Speaker 3: Alright, what's the answer.
Speaker 7: The answer is Hugo Reid Supreme took Home to w for its third consecutive win dynasty mode. Yeah, yeah, thank you, Liz.
Speaker 1: More.
Speaker 3: People know Hugo Jacob to get him in.
Speaker 1: Let Hugo duck.
Speaker 4: All right, on to the next question.
Speaker 1: A couple more and then we'll wrap.
Speaker 3: This and we appreciate everyone asking questions. All right, I'm a really big fan. Uh I wanted to ask you this.
Speaker 9: We were at NBA Crossover and my nephew actually went up against Miles Turner in a skills competition thing. This sounds made up, but it's true. Miles Turner stuck a wedgie during his warm up or during the run. One part question is do you want to see the picture of it? The second question is has having inside information about something ever changed your opinion? Like I really thought the Pacers were going to win the skills challenge, but then I saw Miles Turner stick a weggie at the at the crossover.
Speaker 3: I want to know, did the crowd pop?
Speaker 9: My crowd of friends popped and we screamed weggie repeatedly.
Speaker 1: I you just whenever a wedgie happens, like you had just at least want someone to one person at least.
Speaker 3: So that's great.
Speaker 2: Miles Turner, he was the hero. I saw him last night. I had a great cowboy hat look on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Myles Turner did, like did he fight Bruce Brown for like they drop pistols and who's the superior cowboy? And one of them had to leave town so they traded Bruce Brown. That wow, that's actually okay, that's why he was wearing a cowboy And now we're talking about Jesus. We got incepted by Myles Turner.
Speaker 3: No, you should have seen Skeates doing Scott's side fust last night to say hi to this guy.
Speaker 1: No, it was like, Miles, Miles, can you see me under that? Did you have shades on too?
Speaker 3: Yeah? He was a cool Actually he was pulling off that cowboy had I just had some lego in my pockets. What's that? What Miles, Miles, let's build yet inside information. I was once invested in this blood drawing company and our founder was like, we can do so many tests from a single drop of blood. And then I saw the machines and I was like, there's no way this is gonna work. I sold all my stock and years later Farense went down, so I got out in time. But I hope they don't listen to this at THEGC, did you?
Speaker 1: And do you have an answer to that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think I think other than Miles Sterner being sponsored by Stetson and uh, I guess he's got blue glasses as well.
Speaker 3: That's what he seemed to be wearing last night.
Speaker 2: Also, my inside information is that Miles Sterner has a blue Glasses sponsorship, which I have no idea if that's true.
Speaker 3: That's all I got.
Speaker 1: But we will see the wedgie photo later on. We would appreciate that, all right, handful More.
Speaker 3: So with led court at the Lucas Oil Would you want to see that for like the n season tournament going forward or do you think they should just stick to regular courts.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna ask.
Speaker 3: That too.
Speaker 1: I was going to see it. Yeah, I even said on the show, like a while back, I thought They might do that at in Vegas this LED court, but they saved it here for All Star, so I think they will though, I mean, I guess it sort of depends how it goes.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like, yeah, in action and how wild it looks are actually happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, this is absolutely a trial day because it's just in in there for the celebrity game and for the Saturday night events.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's like a G League night.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was reading so much about it.
Speaker 1: It was like you can't put it in quickly obviously, which was a big part of why they couldn't like flip courts at the Fieldhouse and all that to maybe help also have it there. It's bigger and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Dimensions.
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 3: My answers had that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the answer is yes, I think so, unless this just sucks and it's like, oh I can't even see the game mind it. Yeah, somebody's hacked it and someff like that.
Speaker 2: Everybody's talking about the basketball court, which isn't a court at the airport.
Speaker 3: Why not have an LED court at the airport.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a sticker.
Speaker 3: That's a sticker. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think they should sticker courts and the air. I'll say that, what about having plastic where you can't shoot on the rim? That'd be interesting.
Speaker 3: That would be interesting pull off a basket. You know, there's a lot of signs that say don't touch. Did you touch it? Yeah? Yeah, I like to hang out a photo of you touching it. Yeah, I'll be honest. I went out trying to actually touch the rim because I was like, what if somebody.
Speaker 1: Sees, you can never fly here again? But I touched the stanchion on the way finger to pad.
Speaker 3: The cops had the dogs sniffing around your ankles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one more, let's say one more, because you guys are, by the way, probably the most polite crowd we've ever had.
Speaker 4: All Right, So I found out I was starting a new job one January. So in November I asked a couple of people I knew. They were like, what's it like? And they said, every Friday, the boss puts on a horse game and if you win it, you go home early at noon. So I had inside information. So my neighbor has a goal. I went over there and I practiced shooting one handed shots while eating a corn dog was a true story. So I brought in like two boxes of corn dogs.
Speaker 3: I was down to h O R s.
Speaker 4: Because there's a dude who could shoot from half court, so it's.
Speaker 3: Down to me and him.
Speaker 4: And then I go to the microwave heat up a corn dog and I hit nine one handed shots in a row while eating a corn dog for him to lose for the first time ever. So my question to you is how you got to go early and I got to go home early full of full two hour drive too.
Speaker 3: So is that your best question we've ever heard?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're half day on the line. What is your horse shot? And if it involves food, what you eating?
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was legal.
Speaker 3: You can eat incredible? Do they all call you corn dog? Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well got to the dude who lost the Rainy Champ he works for me, so.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's a high stakes game a horse.
Speaker 1: Not only you just gonna go home, but if you lose, you have to work for somebody else.
Speaker 3: Jeez, wow, jeez, what do you?
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 3: This is I'm a mascot.
Speaker 1: Where do you an army? Looks at Harvey's a Canadian? That's food chat.
Speaker 3: That's very weird corn dogs and Harvey's okay, what's your go to shot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm an over over the backboard, over the back I'm definitely an over the backboard.
Speaker 3: That's my go to.
Speaker 1: We would play a lot of horse when we were in the starters and we had a basketball court. Not a corn dog in sight, wouldn't you play it?
Speaker 3: But not a dog in sight? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, But yeah, I'm trying to think of the food that I would incorporate. I'm thinking like grapes, because like, yeah, some sort of shot and then throw the grape shot into my mouth like something there.
Speaker 3: Take a bull that's pretty cool. Oh yeah, like the bolt. Shoot the shot. Yeah, shot goes in.
Speaker 1: H guy, all right, that's what I'll do. That's my answer.
Speaker 3: I'm going omaha.
Speaker 2: I'm literally getting to hike a ball a hike position and hike it in. That's yeah, from the foul line. It's hard enough and he gets a yell omaha and hike it.
Speaker 3: That's really fun. The food, that's a good question. I love tough in that position to eat something for some not I mean, I love corn.
Speaker 2: I just love corn. I can't stop saying corn.
Speaker 1: Okay, just sold on you're at the free throw line. Yeah, you're yelling.
Speaker 3: Omaha, yeah as you as you hike and I have a giant corn in your mouth with a wink and the wind.
Speaker 1: Alright, that's gonna me. I'm just taking the letter on that.
Speaker 3: And Kurby, what do you got, man? I got no ideas, probably just going to the stupid free throw line. Oh no, Yeah, that's the Lee Ellis movement. That guy would always beat us divorce because Skeets and I are like watching this, I'm shooting from half fork, bouncing off the floor. It's going in. It didn't go in, Skeats, He's pretty good a shooting it over the over the backboard, behind his head in.
Speaker 1: I got no shots. So then Lee would just go shoot a free always did us.
Speaker 3: Eventually he's the Hoosiers, a horse playing and my fundamentals weren't up to snuff.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, because you would. You wouldn't just shoot once at the free throw. We would all hit the free throw. You would go back to the free throwoper just practicing free throws.
Speaker 3: We're not playing.
Speaker 1: So now that man is traveling the world just taking free throws, I do like to do a shot.
Speaker 3: I always called a duck shot where say this is the rim, I would face more like this.
Speaker 1: Like a duck, okay, and then just shoot.
Speaker 3: So if I get the corp paray, perhaps a duck bond me or duck on duck, duck on duck, stuck on duck.
Speaker 1: Incredible, that's my great questions. Awesome, a batch of questions. Give it up for yourself. We will start to call it there since here's thanks to the White Rabbit Cabaret for having us out here.
Speaker 3: A cool venue.
Speaker 1: I don't know when we take our tops off and do the little dance you got the pasties on right, Yes, of course it's a cabaret, boys, come on cabaret. Big, big thanks to JD and Jerome for producing us and all of their hot work, and to all of you for coming out in a goddamn blizzard and hopefully everybody drives safe, especially people that made a great distence. But we really appreciate it and thank you so much. We don't have the Clipper Bros clip, but we do have this. So I think we counted down and we read this together true Clipper Bro style. So in three two one you heard it here Brayce today people, incredible brace to night and we will be taking a quick pick, so everybody stay where you are, but thank you so much for coming