Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys football clubs. This is Nick Shot straining live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now. Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: There will be no fight song on this Monday here inside the SWBC podcast studio. There will be no Everson Walls either. You know, when the tough get when the tough gets go.
Speaker 3: How's that go?
Speaker 2: When the tough gets going, when the going gets tough, the tough get going. And Everson and Everson got going. So you've got myself, Bill Jones, You've got the star of the show, Mickey Spagnola. But we also have Phil in Forever soon the Walls, the sixth time Pro Bowler, Nate in Frisco, and I can't wait to hear what Nate has to say, not only about Sunday, about going forward for this football team. Hello, how are we.
Speaker 3: On the day after great? I am super good? Uh one thing.
Speaker 4: That Nate and I did a good job yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, you knocked it out of the park.
Speaker 5: And so are you waiting for our comments for the game? Just you can go first, No, the namesake mix shots.
Speaker 4: Give us your opinion, well as I am.
Speaker 2: Did the sun come up today, Mickey?
Speaker 4: Oh, it did, okay, bright and early too.
Speaker 6: By the way, as I wrote in my column that's going to get posted in a bit at about a sneak preview to thirty five yes Friday. When I discovered that Eric Kendricks was not going to play, When I discovered that Doran Bland and Kaylin Carson, although listed questionable, they don't have a designation as highly questionable, and we're not going to play, I decided I didn't like my pick. I wanted to take it back, and the fact that if the Cowboys didn't score forty something, they probably weren't going to have a chance to win this game. And as it turned out, they didn't even score ten, and they didn't have a chance to win this game after they failed miserably on their first two drives all the way down the field into the red zone. Once again, that is now the twilight zone because they can't score touchdowns. And once that took place.
Speaker 2: Well, the other thing is you're not scoring touchdowns, but there are a number of where they're not gettings either. They're turning it over.
Speaker 6: And that's when this whole thing turned into an onslaught.
Speaker 2: And here we.
Speaker 6: Are three and three at the bye and the only good thing I can say about the outcome of that game is it only counts one loss and there's still three and three, one game out of first place.
Speaker 3: Wow, how about that? That was nice?
Speaker 2: Spoke his column right there.
Speaker 3: Did you did you have a thought about this game?
Speaker 2: It was very similar. I was not saying forty points, but I said, in order with the with the absentees on defense, starting with the defensive ends and Kendricks and playing, they were going to have to score at least thirty points to win this game.
Speaker 4: I exaggerated for it. What thirties?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And and then you look at the other side and I don't know, now they they We've had a couple of injuries that have a couple of guys on injured reserve from earlier in the year. But if you look at the Lions injury report, they were fully healthy for this game. Got their Pro Bowl center back Frank Ragnow in time for this game. May were coming off of bye week, playing very well with all their weapons and so forth, and so it was a mismatch on paper, and I thought Mike McCarthy after the game said, well, yeah, where the Lions are right now or we are right now, they're better football team right now.
Speaker 4: Penny added that we needed to score points.
Speaker 3: Right and he also added that.
Speaker 5: Takeaways and not getting takeaways really hurts at this point. Just sixteen first downs, two by rushing, ten by passing, four by penalties, three for thirteen on third down.
Speaker 3: That's that's two.
Speaker 5: Hundred and fifty one yards of net yards. Fellas, this is the telling tale for the Dallas Cowboys on offense, all plays running and passing, we were three point nine per attempt of anything.
Speaker 4: And they were twice as much.
Speaker 5: And they were seven point five. The thing that I preached and preached and preached is that in order to be competitive in this league, you have to have a unit on your team that can dominate or possibly dictate the outcome of a game. And the only two units that give you this opportunity to do that is your offensive line or your defensive line.
Speaker 3: Fellas, that is nowhere near in sight.
Speaker 5: We don't have a dominant defensive line, and we definitely don't have a dominant offensive line.
Speaker 3: So what we have seen.
Speaker 5: It's more to come until we fix these problems and become at least adequate. And our quarterback cannot do this alone, don't. I don't care what you think of Dak. Dak needs to calm down. He just throws to the open receipt and don't for you can't.
Speaker 2: You cannot be concerned that your injury depleted on defense. Try to make up for that by doing things beyond what the basically what the defense is, giving a character.
Speaker 6: And let me add one thing to what you said when you pointed out they had two hundred and fifty one total yards. Eighty three of them came their last two percenttions. I know, really when the game was sort of being played, they had one hundred and sixty eight total yards period.
Speaker 3: Yes, and.
Speaker 4: The five turnovers, three of them were of significance.
Speaker 6: One was an interception late when you're desperate, and another one was a fumble by a rookie who caught his first NFL pass and he fumbled it.
Speaker 2: Well, even Dak's second interception, I mean Dak's interception, Cooper Russia's interception, and the Illinois they were all the game was long decided, So throw out those three, yeah, right, three of them.
Speaker 3: Yes, the thing that this is what bothers you.
Speaker 5: Basically, the same interception a week ago was the interception this week. And Dak should He's been around enough to know no matter what your number one receiver wants or desires, if it's not there, be weary of it.
Speaker 3: Because check this out. The corner had.
Speaker 5: The flats that was ten yards ahead of him. He played the situation like that's gonna throw it. He's gonna force this to CD and he just.
Speaker 3: Act like he was gonna cover the guy coming out into the flat. Well, that was the guy that throws you.
Speaker 6: But Dak should have at least and he admitted afterwards in the interview that he needed to hold that guy by looking at Tolbert in the flat at the line of scrimmage, and he got in a hurry and he hurried himself and he didn't hold the corner and he dropped back into the end zone off his guy to intercept the past. He go back, but he could know if he would have thrown it to Tolbert, it would have been a first down if nothing else.
Speaker 3: That is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: When he rushed himself, he could.
Speaker 3: Have rushed all day I'm talking about what the defensive players.
Speaker 5: He could have looked this guy if you go back, he had already sold out to this corner, had already sold out.
Speaker 3: It's no way he could have got there if even if Dak would have looked at him, he wasn't looking at Dak. He was dropping back right.
Speaker 5: So it no matter what Dak would have did the safe and secure play. And that is what Dak has got to get back to, is what's that flat? That was the only play he had? And so and you got to and I hoping, O Johnny, Yes, and you got to be willing to dink and dunk for the life of your defense and to keep your tight end involved.
Speaker 7: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel pack just with pregame, sideline access and throto ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends.
Speaker 3: You want to stay at the.
Speaker 7: Team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy, fans. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Pruscott keeps it slides with the first.
Speaker 8: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto. With blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off. I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tael But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yetti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 2: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction.
Speaker 4: Miller Light is brewed to be less filling. What are you doing here? Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 11: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 2: It says less filling.
Speaker 3: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 2: Hell mindset.
Speaker 9: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm vishine legal guy. Celebrate Responsibly. Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer ninty six thousands to be point two grams cards for twelve bounces, fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 3: Devict shots.
Speaker 6: The Cowboys take on the forty nine Ers in Santa Clair on Sunday, October twenty seventh, so we're hosting another free watch party presented by seven to eleven. Join us at Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium to watch the game with Cowboys Nation Q Thunderstruck because the Dallas cheerleaders are performing and Rowdy will be there too. Watch the game, Grab a slurpey and cheer loud. Get your free tickets at dallascowboys dot com Slash Watch party.
Speaker 2: All right, and we are back here on mixed shots. So you may not have noticed it, but Mickey through an interception in the red zone moments ago. And so now we're back on track. It's almost a pick six.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 2: I got in a hurry, Yes you did. That's right. Got to take what the defense gives.
Speaker 4: You, right right, don't get greedy?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Where to start here?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: Where would you like to art?
Speaker 5: So it has coach had anything to say?
Speaker 2: The change the schedule where hes had moved up to thirty press conference?
Speaker 4: How about the players I think missed today?
Speaker 6: He was, He was rather frustrated, humbled, mister Jones, mister Jones on his eighty second birthday, There was not much to celebrate.
Speaker 2: It was immediately after the game.
Speaker 6: And then I wasn't there, but I heard that he got a little bit testy when they kept badgering him with whose job was going to be lost during the bye And at one point he says.
Speaker 4: What do you think I'm an idiot?
Speaker 2: We used that last night?
Speaker 3: You did?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, then you may know better than me.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear the context.
Speaker 4: Yes, in fact, and let's let's clear this up too.
Speaker 6: They're three and three right. The only time in this franchise's history they changed coaches mid season, it was twenty ten. They were one in seven and oh, by the way, got beat by McCarthy's Packers by eight thirty eight points.
Speaker 4: It was a little bit different back then.
Speaker 5: The thing that is overwhelming for this team, and no one is bringing it up, and I don't know why. I've heard a couple of my compadres, guys that know a little.
Speaker 3: Football keep we changed.
Speaker 5: Coaches defensively, and the players that are there have not played in this system. And what I mean by that is our tackles are two gap in tackles, though they may have a gap at certain times. You're acting guys to be more precise with their hands, to hold off blockers, to eat up blockers.
Speaker 3: That is not who OSA is.
Speaker 5: Osa is a penetrating up the field, playing a single gap at all times.
Speaker 3: Tackle three techniques.
Speaker 5: Mazi is still in the stages of learning then that Joseph is getting, but he's getting more and more into football shape. So and now you're acting guys that were ghosting watched, I watched. These are backup players, fellas, and so now you're acting guys to play what they are not used to playing.
Speaker 3: And so this is the result.
Speaker 5: Even though years and years of teams beating us with the run, it's even worse now because you have a coach with a different system, with a different discipline that.
Speaker 3: He's trying to teach.
Speaker 5: Our corners don't even play the same people like our corners are getting beat. They don't even play the same style of football that they were a customed to playing.
Speaker 2: And on the edge and your edge rushers, your down parsons, Lawrence Neelan, Sam Williams see uh. And at linebacker, you're down Kendricks. And so you've got overshown who's got loads of potential playing his uh sixth NFL game in a new defense, Demone Clark in a new defense who didn't play.
Speaker 3: Anything okay last night, no snaps last week.
Speaker 2: And Leah fowl is another one who's a rookie playing his game and.
Speaker 4: He got hurt and came back and played.
Speaker 6: Yes, So you basically had two rookies and a third year linebacker who played his first full season last year Clark right, Because the rookie year.
Speaker 4: He was hurt. He didn't get back till uh late in the season.
Speaker 6: And and you were relying on one two. I want to say three guys off the practice squad that now are playing in the game.
Speaker 4: Lawson uh o u.
Speaker 2: kJ, Henry was Henry Cincinnati's practice was right things and you're and you're and by the way, you're playing against the highest scoring team of the league that has continuity from the last two years, not just the last year, with four former first round draft picks on their offensive line.
Speaker 6: And it showed because they were getting knocked off the liners.
Speaker 5: And and I'm not I don't make apologies. I just tell you what I see. I tell you what I know. And there's nowhere in the world that the number one offensive line in my status because I made them number one from watching them against the Rams and overtime run eight straight times down the field for a touchdown. I never forgot that. And I told everybody on my shoulder, I do I say, I'll bring this back up. When you have a unit that is dominant as this offensive line is, and you are asking for young guys slash perennial backups to stop that is a that is a no can do. That's why I had to put all my marbles on the offense, even though we got young guys on offensive line. Then we got a mixed match of guys that but I still had. You had to put your belief somewhere, and it was in See Mickey's been saying that, I've been saying that, you've been going along with it.
Speaker 3: Yesterday.
Speaker 5: You could have kicked thirty five seventy one yard field goals and you won't win this game.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and and that's the Lion.
Speaker 2: The Lions scored on nine straight.
Speaker 3: Possessions, five touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Five touchdowns, four field goes, nine straight.
Speaker 4: Straight and didn't stop them, did not.
Speaker 6: They put the backup quarterback and running backs in and they stopped them with.
Speaker 4: Four fifty something left one.
Speaker 2: No punts, no punts. I don't believe they And so that that's where the Lions are. Attrition has not hit that team yet. Now it will hit that team. It started hitting it in the third quarter when they lost their best defensive player. And it's just the nature of the game. It's it's what do you have to fill in? And that's where the Cowboys are right now because of the salary cap situation where they weren't able to do what they normally do in the off season, even as far as filling in some of the blanks. They're having to go with the younger players, and so that's why they are where they are right now. The hope is that as they fight through this, get some players back healthy, that by the second half of the season they will be able to start and improve be competitive.
Speaker 6: Right the Lions came in averaging one hundred and fifty one yards of rushing a game. They went for they came in averaging three yards less than four hundred yards a game and they had four sixty four was it for.
Speaker 4: Ninety two? So they kind of did what they've been doing.
Speaker 5: And thank god they lined up wrong with some of them trick plays.
Speaker 3: You know. You know what's so funny, if.
Speaker 6: If I if I heard Skipper report was more time eligible.
Speaker 5: They that Jimmy used to do that if we get a chance, were gonna rub it in right and and he he did it. It just wasn't successful once again and all of his extra guys, it just didn't work out.
Speaker 6: You know what you asked what Jerry said, and one of the things Jerry said afterwards, he said, I hated that they had fun at our expense.
Speaker 3: Yes they did, and they had fun.
Speaker 6: And defensively, so once you get behind, like everybody talks about how well the Cowboys go against the grain, they don't defer.
Speaker 4: They take the ball. I'm going, hell, yes, I want the ball.
Speaker 6: I don't want to be behind the first seven minutes of the game because my defense can't stop anybody. I want the ball and I want to score.
Speaker 2: What good is it going to do for you to take the ball first in the second half when you're down twenty seven to three.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like and so what happened was you got behind at one point, it's seventeen to three, ready to be twenty to three whatever. And if you looked at what Detroit was doing with their defensive front, at times they had six guys on the line of scrim and they're all coming because the Cowboys aren't going to run the ball, right, they got to throw and the other.
Speaker 4: Where are you gonna run?
Speaker 2: No chance?
Speaker 6: And then they put five there and they're sending everybody.
Speaker 4: Everybody's coming and you can't block.
Speaker 6: The one time they sent six and Dak got sacked because the guy came clean right through the middle.
Speaker 4: Lipke who's at full back.
Speaker 6: He doubled the guy to the right and the guy looped around.
Speaker 3: It was it was a game, and he didn't read the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the Tom Brady did.
Speaker 3: He pointed, he said, these are the little things that you have to be aware of. As it right.
Speaker 4: Well, fellas see, and he did what Dak did.
Speaker 3: Nate.
Speaker 4: He got in a hurry.
Speaker 6: It's like, okay, I gotta hurry up and get in there and block and just hang in there.
Speaker 4: But once they once they got ahead, experience dead meat us exactly.
Speaker 5: This is what I've been harping on for the I count right here six seven, eight nine. This our quarterback has be getting brutalized, not with sacks, but just quarterback.
Speaker 3: Hit after hit after hit after hit. I can't imagine what's going through his mind.
Speaker 5: After almost every other throw, it's either a sack or hit or hurry. This is not fair. And I will keep saying this, and I will not back up off of it. Even when you're running into a brick wall, you have to continue to run the ball. Two things you are doing right now as an offensive coordinator. And what people don't understand is you're demoralizing your offensive line and you're beating your quarterback up. And I'm asking the question, is it worth it.
Speaker 3: You're losing the game.
Speaker 5: You're losing the game, you're down by more than twenty five points. I would have said, you know what, y'all, let's start working on next week. That's the week after. Let's run the ball, let's get some continuity, let's do some screens. Hey, Tom Brady's talked about it. He said, what are they doing? Run screens, do anything. Just don't let your quarterback just get continuously hit.
Speaker 2: Well, the one drive that they had that ended in the end zone interception started at their own thirty yard line with nine minutes to go in the first quarter. They did throw to CD and Tolbert to start the drive, okay, but then it was Zeke for three. There was a penalty of holding penalty. It was a sack by Hutchinson that got negated because of a defensive hold. But then it was Zeke for two, Zeke for two. You're not getting much, yes, but you're showing it, okay, and then turping for twenty two on a third and six play, and then it was Zeke minus one ferguson plus seven. There was a mix though, even though you're not getting a lot of yards running, there was a mix of running pass on that drive, and you're able to matriculate your way down the field and you get to the red zone, you're facing third and five at the six yard line, and you throw for the end zone rather the flat to Tolbert and taking what the defense was given you there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: And then see we were down by maybe ten or twelve and we went for it a.
Speaker 3: Fourth and whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it was that towards the end of the half, and I said I would punt it. And people say why, I said, because that would give them an extra thirty yards or forty yards, I said, But I'm not going to give them that ball right here. People say, well, you're trying to win the game. Yeah, I am trying to win the game. But if you don't get this uh first down, you just beat your team again.
Speaker 3: Certain things.
Speaker 6: It was twenty to three, yes, and then in minutes it was twenty seven to three.
Speaker 2: And by the way, mackey, mackey, mickey, you put your referee cap on. Yes, Terry and Arnold. The mugging of Gavante.
Speaker 4: Turn oh my god, my god.
Speaker 2: Mickey immediately, Oh my goodness, all over this fourth at fourth and two at the thirty eight yard line when they did go for it, right, and oh my, that was lugging.
Speaker 4: How do you not call that?
Speaker 2: Having said that, I just agree with you. I agree with you. Just punted, punted away the ball.
Speaker 3: The thing the thing that I don't.
Speaker 2: However, with two thirty nine left the way that.
Speaker 3: I'd rather put them to go to extra, make them go.
Speaker 2: Sixty eight or or seventy eight yards rather than thirty eight yards.
Speaker 3: Oh, I could not believe.
Speaker 5: And the thing about it, we had our best penalty day.
Speaker 3: We didn't have penalties because they weren't.
Speaker 2: Going to call anything, even I guess the Cowboys early in the game the past that was complete uh.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: That was obvious interference, which they did not throw the flag on. But it was a catch by the Lions, and I was just like, Okay, that's they're not going to call it any day. Yeah, And they didn't. So the other part of that, they didn't call it on the Lions on the turpin play, and they didn't call it on the Cowboys either on the but the but the Lions completely.
Speaker 6: Did best I did right down, jumped on Turpin's back. But it was three at that pointyeah, right.
Speaker 5: You you know, and everybody, like I said, everybody like numbers. We all I got numbers. You know, everybody got numbers. None of them favored the Cowboys. But when you realized, like coach realized, when I go back to this, I was so mad after the first Rams practice scrimmage, and I told everybody that would listen, I said, y'all, we just got beat up in practice.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: Their temple was so much better than ours. And by the end of practice we caught up to them, but you were at our practice facility and you were getting all over us. And then they came a second time and I watched seven on seven or whatever you call it, and their corners was coming up nail and our receivers and I look over on our defensive field and we tapping them. Aggression is something that builds. Physicalness is something that you build and work on. People say you the guy that you don't know. No, No, Jimmy helped change us. Now, you do bring in players like Charles Haley. You do bring in players like Eric Williams.
Speaker 2: Physical word receiver, you set the culture.
Speaker 5: Right, but you can't sit there and that bothered me. That bothered me. Then that bothered me. Now you are gonna have to as a player. I'm finishing this guy as an offensive lineman. I was always a physical guy. I always was a maller. But when I saw big E, I understood what it was to finish it again.
Speaker 2: All right, hold that thought, okaud, I want to get back because we've got a six time Pro Bowl offensive lineman. Finish out the show. Let's talk about the offensive line when we come back on mixshot in a moment.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cankoler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gears now available at stadium, pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Prescotts it slides for.
Speaker 8: The first down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Perfect throw my goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started Star sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame.
Speaker 7: Sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 3: Star, and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls.
Speaker 7: With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 3: To Mixed Shots.
Speaker 6: Celebrate the best of the autumn season with Wrangler Fall Fest at.
Speaker 4: The Star and Frisco.
Speaker 6: Join us on Saturday, October nineteenth for a day full of fun for the entire family. Enjoy live country music, hang out in the beer garden, and compete in Western inspired games, plus capture Fall photo ops, savers seasonal bites, and enjoy Wrangler.
Speaker 4: Shopping at Mission and parking is free.
Speaker 6: Visit stardistrict dot com for more info.
Speaker 2: All right, just a few minutes left here on a Monday edition of Mixed Shots, and we have Nate Newton with us. Everson Walls couldn't be here today, by the way. Everson will be on at two o'clock tomorrow.
Speaker 6: And right, and he was doing some NFL CT testing CTE test.
Speaker 4: It's gonna longer.
Speaker 6: And oh, by the way, before we get to the offensive, I wanted to point out you were talking about how you brought in Charles Haley and you kind of want some guys that are a little off center. That also was supposed to be Sam Williams, because he's a little bit off center, as you could see on the penalties he had on special teams.
Speaker 5: The thing they'll make that I try to tell people is like, even when this kid number thirteen Overshown until we get some blood, sweat and tears on the field, I just don't know about Sam.
Speaker 3: I really don't.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna say anything good or bad, but we need to see him like we need to see we know. I promise you. If Overshown had a little bit better defensive line, he will be unstoppable. Just by looking at the film of his speed and his ability to react. If we just had a half of defensive line, him and Kendricks probably have thirty tackles of peace. But due to the fact that they don't, Overshown just look like a guy now running behind guys going down the field.
Speaker 4: Well, he chas h.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, And that's that's the sad part is here we have two or three good linebackers, Like I've been watching plays Number eighteen, the.
Speaker 2: Bone Clark man, this kid.
Speaker 4: I know this kid can play.
Speaker 6: What happened was he got displaced because they were trying to use him outside.
Speaker 4: He's not outside. He needs to be in the middle.
Speaker 5: This kid got something to see when you change coordinators. And he drafted a guy in the third round he's gonna give I don't want to mess with this kid.
Speaker 3: I've messed it up.
Speaker 4: Louis Lui foul, Louis foul.
Speaker 3: I've missed this kid name up enough he had. He wants to to play.
Speaker 4: Let's go Maristo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Marits. They want marriage to play. They brought Kendrick is this guy.
Speaker 5: So those two guys are going to play now thirteen Overshawn.
Speaker 3: Forced his way in the like, coach, you can't I'm too good. You're not gonna keephim on the field, not just playing nickel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he forced his way snap now yeah, so that put number eighteen ours. That put number eighteen out and he and he made some plays yesterday when when they were there for him to make He.
Speaker 2: Ran that guy about that one play.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he put that on your real I just hope that uh we knew this, but now it is number seven.
Speaker 5: You could he could have had no game or two yard games and they turned into four in five. Number seven got to give us a little better in attack. Just just just try.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm with you, you all star.
Speaker 5: We've taken away your ability to jump rouse because they're not playing the same because there's no third and twenty third and fifteen third and ten. Everything is our first and second down is terrible. We did well on third down, but our first second down.
Speaker 2: It's one of the things that I've liked about Bland is his run support. Yes, you know, yes from day one.
Speaker 5: So we we we don't have a dominant unit and until we do, until we do, we will And y'all would ask me somebody about because so quickly I gotta be quick, right.
Speaker 2: And Tyler Goon getting play. Even though Tyler Goyton was active for the game, he didn't play. They went with Tyler Smith Beckett left tackle, TJ. Bassett left guard, and then after it became a blowout of course with Tyler Goyton nursing and knee injury. They didn't want to risk it, and so some Richards finished the game at left tackle. But in general, on the offensive line, as we get into this bye week and now San Francisco next week, what are you seeing needs to happen on that offensive line?
Speaker 5: Go back to your original settings. Go back to your original settings. Smith and left guard, you got a ride like that? You got that is what you want. That's what you have to do. The mix in this thing, fellas and the still has to play better. I'm gonna give Guidon the whole year to learn, and so next year I'll be judging him hard, but still has to play better.
Speaker 3: Everybody talking about the right guard.
Speaker 5: The right guard is eight hundred years old, he's on his last leg and he still plays okay. So the center is and hold his own. The left guard who is who he is? If they leave him at one spot and let him get good, let him continue to marinate. The left tackle is learning. Your right tackle is in his second year after a surgery. He has to hurry up this bottle. We has to be big for still to get his rest, to work on his technique and to become that guy we saw two years ago.
Speaker 3: You know he has to get better.
Speaker 4: So do you do?
Speaker 6: You have to keep being stubborn by not helping those guys.
Speaker 4: Out the thing they've done it some you can't.
Speaker 5: You can't help, right, I understand you got you got to pick a side and that and we, unfortunately the Cowboys have faced great pass rushers are teams that are able to rush the passer.
Speaker 4: It's well, guess what's coming next.
Speaker 3: If we don't run the ball at all.
Speaker 5: You take average pass rushes and make them great because they don't have to defend nothing else.
Speaker 3: And that's right, man.
Speaker 2: If you're falling behind, but thank you two touchdowns and you know what, and you said it three weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Whenever the Cowboys get fourteen points down, we lose anyway. Stick to the game playing run the ball some Because we lose anyway.
Speaker 3: People are like, oh, you ain't trying to win.
Speaker 5: No, I'm trying to protect that sixty million dollar quarterback and I'm trying to protect the mental state of my left tackle in my center.
Speaker 3: Yes, I got something to assume.
Speaker 2: The old New York Giants philosophy when they knocked off the Cowboys of the two thousand and seven playoffs where you just keep it, keep it a tight game going to the fourth quarter, and try to win it in the fourth quarter. Yes, where you can't let them get get away from you. Yes, when you fall behind like that, you have to assume that underdog mentality.
Speaker 6: In that game, the Giants basically said, your speed doesn't scare me, so you can run all you want. That's fine, but you're not going to beat me. With Tony Romo throwing the ball down the field and they held down the front with four guys, Marry and Barbara.
Speaker 4: What did he do?
Speaker 6: He had one hundred yards at halftime and they're like, go ahead. You're like a starving man eating yourself to death.
Speaker 3: Right wow? Wow?
Speaker 4: Am I right?
Speaker 3: I'm not starving? Make them good? All right? That does it.
Speaker 2: We're back at noon on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Right right, and we've got a change in lineup to help us out. Kirk Kirk Daniels is with us and Jess.
Speaker 3: Is with us.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so make it a good Monday and we will see you again tomorrow at noon.
Speaker 3: A cowboys cowboy.
Speaker 9: Sorry.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club