Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you. Thank you for listening to us. Ryan Air on Air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Morning, y'all, Tax Day Tuesday. I'm gonna get through it.
Speaker 3: I did not realize today was tax Day. I thought that was yesterday.
Speaker 2: No, it's always a Tuesday, tax Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's not always a Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Well, I always thought it was the fifteenth, but I thought because it landed on the weekend, then it was just going to default to Monday, which was yesterday.
Speaker 2: I feel like Tuesdays are Tax Tuesday. Every Tuesday. Tuesdays just have a feeling for me.
Speaker 3: But you know, I don't really worry about it anymore because Michael just handles a little it so so much.
Speaker 2: This is it is so nice, right I have someone like that in the family because I know your father, he knows it counting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, between my dad and Michael, like I honestly is ever since I married him.
Speaker 2: I just don't even think you'll learn that stuff, Like do you think.
Speaker 4: You Well, before I married Michael, I did have to, like I had to give my dad full on Excel spreadsheets of all my expenses and I had I documented all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: But now no, Michael handles all of it.
Speaker 2: I find it that kind of admin like so anxiety.
Speaker 3: It really is. It's not for me.
Speaker 4: It's like that part of my brain that I just don't enjoy.
Speaker 2: It makes my eye twitch, but it's just yes, it's just not for me. Just does Robbie do your stuff? Tanya?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: I do my own, girl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but eventually you don't have to.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. It doesn't even law degree. That maybe because your lawyer. He's like, yeah, he likes all the paperwork.
Speaker 6: He is a lawyer, but uh, I don't think he's like likes doing the taxes either. He's not like one with numbers.
Speaker 2: I don't know anybody that likes it, like yeah gets up for except mister Block.
Speaker 6: Yeah all right.
Speaker 2: So the Dodgers played their first game in LA sixty five years ago today they did?
Speaker 3: Did they win?
Speaker 2: I didn't see it? Oh?
Speaker 3: We obviously you didn't see it.
Speaker 2: I'll have to Yeah they beat the Giants.
Speaker 3: Oh they did six? Oh and it was against the job.
Speaker 6: Wait where did we land on you growing the mustache?
Speaker 3: By the way, Well, clearly it's not there.
Speaker 2: You're a master segues.
Speaker 7: I have.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about my mustache. Right now because for a day, you guys, I made a drastic change in my hair cut and nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you shaved your face.
Speaker 2: No, I shaved my sides of my head, like my hair.
Speaker 3: Is your hair slighter? It looks a little lighter.
Speaker 2: It might just be the shine, the sheen of the wax.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I like what they are.
Speaker 2: If I if I went through a day and you guys had done this to your hair and I didn't say anything.
Speaker 3: That would be drastic if we did that hair.
Speaker 2: So what do you think? I made it really tight on.
Speaker 6: The side, like the tight on the side.
Speaker 3: I really love this look for you. You should keep it going.
Speaker 2: And I have no facial hair whatsoever.
Speaker 3: You know that's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that. It's so difficult to please both of you.
Speaker 6: I like the facial hair.
Speaker 2: You want me to do a mustache, and I have to tell you I feel like I can't.
Speaker 6: Yes, let me tell you it's kind of fun. My boyfriend did went over the weekend, and I was like.
Speaker 2: I can't grow a mustache over.
Speaker 6: The week No, so he has like he always has, like a beard, like a short beard, and so but he did is he just shaved the rest of it down, So it wasn't like he grew it out.
Speaker 2: I see it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let me show you a.
Speaker 2: Picture, and what did you like about it?
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 6: I felt like it was I was dating a totally different man over the weekend. I was like meow, and.
Speaker 3: Then that was exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like the goal he mars, teller, give me more, give me more of that. Did he also cut his hair?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he kind of has the same cut as you. He does like tight on the side.
Speaker 2: And like be the best looking Robbie I've seen of all the rob I see what you mean now. I like the picture of him not smiling better, like just like cooler vibes, Like looks like me. When I smile it gets geeky. Yeah, but when he's not smiling he looks rated.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you should see when he wears his sunglasses. He really does.
Speaker 2: Look you're going to show me a picture.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 6: So I recommend the mustache. I think it's fun for like a little So.
Speaker 2: What I've got to do, though, is grow a beard out and then cut the beard off.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly, So it's not so so you don't have that weird in between stage.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah? Let me still it goes but he's motivating me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I see you don't keep showing me pictures. I complimented em, it looks great. We have a show. So the second date update sicany is coming up at seven twenty this morning. I guess they met on bumble Okay, they went out and they shared a TikTok experience with each other. Then she ghosted him.
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 3: How do they share a TikTok?
Speaker 2: I don't know the details, but it's very happy bumbling TikTok okay in this whole this whole relationship based on as Wow, that's it's seven twenty. Well, dating advice will be needed by all five two oh one O two seven here this morning? Bobby, how are you doing?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 5: I'm doing great.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well? Bobby? How can we help you this morning? Thank you for listening to kiss What are you up to?
Speaker 5: Of course, I'm currently doing my makeup getting ready for an audition, but I had to call and just tell you how much I am obsessed with American Idol this season.
Speaker 2: Oh that makes two of us.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 9: It's so good.
Speaker 5: I'm so invested every Sunday. If I'm hanging out with my friends, I like make them watch it, and I think I'm crazy because of how much I love it.
Speaker 2: Well, that is so sweet this when I say, yeah, the talent is pretty phenomenal. That's a fascinating concept. When you like a show and you've got to make your friends watch. How does that go?
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of them are into sports, you know, a lot of them are just like hanging out whatever, watch like stand up comedy and stuff. I'm like, the guys, it's Sunday night, like it's on, we can we please watch, you know, and they're.
Speaker 10: They're good sports.
Speaker 5: They definitely watch it and they enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Syne was streaming Coachella on Sunday night and I was like, I'm hurry up because Idol starts to you know.
Speaker 3: That's I'm like, you make your friends watch it too.
Speaker 4: You were like, all right, well you better stop streaming coach I was like, whoa, Okay, We're.
Speaker 6: Really excited because Love is Blind was on before Idol, so they were like going to watch it and then watch Idle, but then it didn't air, so then they were like, I'm just gonna watch Idle.
Speaker 2: Bobby what do you audition?
Speaker 5: I mean, uh, well, I don't want to give it away. I'm kind of superstitious. But if I did book it, it would require me to go back to the East Coast and it would be really, really exciting.
Speaker 2: Well, let's narrow it down.
Speaker 3: Fingers crossed. It sounds like Broadway.
Speaker 5: Just send some good vibes.
Speaker 1: OK, thank you.
Speaker 5: But I had the call to tell you how much I love it. I love you on the show. I love the way you interact with the judges. I already have my top two that I think need to go through and make it. I'm obsessed with Zachariah and I just love Iman YONGI He's I just want to be his best friend.
Speaker 3: I want to hug him.
Speaker 5: I kind of actually can relate to him. I lost my father as well, so I just like watching him like share his entire heart and soul on stage every single time. Like it makes me just I want to be his best friend. He is like the coolest, sweetest person ever, And both of them are just so young to have that amount of talent.
Speaker 10: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It is crazy, and it's amazing when you can, you know, connect to somebody you've never met before. In your life. It's just like a magic power, isn't it. Well, Bobby, I'm sorry for that loss that you shared with us, and we wish you the best of buck today.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you so much, bye bye, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: You know what I was told? I cannot watch what Tetris? The movie?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, I love that movie. Why who told you not to watch it?
Speaker 2: Somebody that's usually next to me?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, why did you not like it?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not allowed to watch it on my.
Speaker 3: Own, Oh the movie? Because she wants to watch it with you. Yeah, well, yeah, yes, it's good. You need to watch it, I know.
Speaker 2: But sometimes I need something to watch, so I'm like not allowed to start. I was thinking what if I started?
Speaker 3: No, don't start it.
Speaker 2: It's so good, isn't that good? My sisters, Ya's fascinating.
Speaker 3: And especially you, It's like you're gonna love it.
Speaker 4: It's in my way, like the history behind it. It's about the game of Tetris and how it came about.
Speaker 2: Like Russian spying or something.
Speaker 3: It's kind of wild, like if the true story you could never think, you'd never think that that's how it happens.
Speaker 2: You will blocks it dropped?
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently there's more to this story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really good.
Speaker 2: Is next? It's the one place this is not like you may be in one of these right now, the one place you should not charge your phone. We saw that article last week or a few days ago about how not to charge at those big charging stations like Coachell. Do they have one of those big charging stations where they can put their phones?
Speaker 3: I think, so, I didn't use it because I brought my own battery.
Speaker 2: Well, after that story, you don't want to use it because they can hack into it. They say, so, I've got a quote to get you through this tax Day Tuesday. In a second. But they say, don't charge your phone in a ride share vehicle.
Speaker 6: I always do that.
Speaker 3: I always do.
Speaker 2: What about when you rent a car? I also think like somebody's going to rent a car, you're in another car and who knows. But yeah, in a ride share vehicle, the USB cable and outlet are also designed for two way data transfer, and it does thanks for information from your phone in the car, it.
Speaker 4: Does sometimes connect to their car play. I do notice that sometimes, So don't I mean whatever they can have my in.
Speaker 3: Like I don't, I mean I don't like. It's like, I have nothing to hide on.
Speaker 6: You have passports on your phone.
Speaker 3: They're not going to get my past week.
Speaker 2: Tell your cell phone number my cell phone, So when you.
Speaker 3: Get a few phone calls from the uber driver, it's gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: Actually, I speak to the uber driver all the time because they communicate with me. I'm here, there you go, I'm here.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I was every time I get into uber like, I know they know, but I always say, you know where we're.
Speaker 3: Going, right, you say?
Speaker 2: Because I'm just so it's just part of like Mike reading Ah, it's like yeah, and I like, we're just going to We're just going downtown. We're just going to the West Side. We're just going to Venice. And they're like, I know, yeah, they know.
Speaker 4: Well, it's better to confirm your name to make sure that they're picking the right person.
Speaker 2: Up, Well, what do you mean my name?
Speaker 3: Well, and then it's obvious that that the location is confirmed.
Speaker 2: I know, but don't you feel like you just want to make sure every's on the same page.
Speaker 6: I've had somebody get into my uber that was taking me home before. I was so annoyed.
Speaker 3: Get into your uber there was taking like I ordered.
Speaker 6: An uber to take me home for the night. Yeah, and these like three girls got in my uber and it like left.
Speaker 2: They took it.
Speaker 6: They they took it.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they were really coming after you.
Speaker 6: I think it was before the times of like they checked to make sure like your name and stuff.
Speaker 2: By today's quote on this Tuesday morning, take a moment to be proud of yourself for surviving the days that felts impacts.
Speaker 1: Just FM headlines with siciny well Ellie.
Speaker 4: Mayor Karen Vaz delivered her first Estate of the City address last night, with you know much of her speech focusing on issues she campaigned on, homelessness being one of them in public safety. The mayor's address comes just a day before she is set to present a new proposed budget to the public, and a time of an ease of course for many residents in the nation's second largest city. Today marks the tax filing deadline for most of the country. However, filing and payment deadlines have been automatically extended to October sixteenth if you have an address in a federally declared disaster area that includes La Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Ventura Counties. After recent winter storms and subs and weather damage. And you can still find hate speech on Twitter. We know this, but now some of it will come with a warning label. The company will start.
Speaker 11: Rolling out new warning label on tweets that break its quote hateful conduct rules. Now tweets with this label will have limited visibility on the platform, meaning that Twitter's algorithm will reduce its reach.
Speaker 2: On air with Ryan Seacrets, Good tax Day Tuesday morning, Ryan Seacret sicin and.
Speaker 3: Tanya Oh right, him Mane, come on.
Speaker 2: It's only so many things available to me.
Speaker 6: And that was for the trending reports for Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's his tax music. This is my tax Day Tuesday music. Partly sunny, highs in the upper sixties. We may see eighty degrees on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be a hot weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm ready for it. And you know my tight sides haircut is ready for summer weather.
Speaker 3: Often do you have to keep that up?
Speaker 7: Holl on?
Speaker 2: What like? How often do you have to cut it each week? It's gonna get it tighten? Yeah, all right, the trending report love it first sight? Do you believe it? Tiny?
Speaker 7: What do you have?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 6: Adam Brody and Layton Mester, like I was saying, they are such a private couple that I feel like when they do talk, it's really worth it because they're just everything of the sort. So Adam Brody was on Penn Badgley's podcast, and if you remember, Penn Badgely was Leyton Mester's co star on Gossip Girl, and he was talking about the first time he saw his now wife at Cantor's Deli on Fairfax. He said, that's when I saw her, and yeah, I was smitten instantly, and I was, you know, smitten for a long time. I didn't get to know her for many years after, even though we even worked together briefly. She's so lovely and she's so and so basically he walks into this deli she was with some producer that they both knew, and he fell in love with her right then and there, and they didn't start dating until many years after. But it made me realize, like that was love at first sight and they're still going strong, like they are an iconic. They've been married for nine years, they've been linked since twenty thirteen, So.
Speaker 2: That was love at first sight for him, correct, not for her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, she did not partake in this podcast, so I did not get to hear her side, but he didn't mention that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I feel like he would have mentioned it if if it was true, right right, like, But.
Speaker 2: See, I think love at first sight is something you can say you had if it ends up you get together and stay together, because do you know, you meet someone, you have like an excited feeling, that could be love at first sight, unless it's just like hanging out for a while at first sight. But like you could always go back in hindsight and say, oh, it was absolutely love at first sight. But every time you meet somebody and go out with them, usually you feel something.
Speaker 6: Not necessarily, I don't think so, because I've gone on plenty of dates where I saw them for the first time and I felt nothing below the waist.
Speaker 3: So if you feel something below the waist, it's love.
Speaker 6: Well, uh no, I'm just saying I felt like nothing.
Speaker 2: Did you? Why'd you go out with him?
Speaker 6: I don't know, because that's what you do when you date.
Speaker 2: You just like, well, I don't know if I went out with people that I didn't feel anything about.
Speaker 6: How do you know unless you go out with them.
Speaker 2: Because I asked them out and I felt like there would be something there. And then if there's something there and it asked for a long lasts for a long time, then it could be love at first sight. There's something in hindsight. You could say that. Yeah, what about with Robbie? Was he love at first sight for you?
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna be honest. The first time I saw him at Black Liquor Market, I was like taken aback. I felt something different than I never felt before, And at the end of the night, I felt the fanny flutters for him.
Speaker 2: I don't understand your like whatever vocabular about that. What's the thing? I think that's her way of saying, she kind of felt the love for such and now that you guys are together, it's love at first sight. If you did end up together, it might not have been love at first sight, right, It might have just been like it might just be lust at the beginning, you know, right, But that lust turns to love if you end up.
Speaker 6: What about you?
Speaker 2: I have love at first sight all I mean.
Speaker 3: I've had it all the time with food.
Speaker 2: No, I have had excitement turned to love. So that's what I'm saying. If it didn't work out, it was excitement at first sight, and then if it did work out, that's really love it first.
Speaker 3: That's how it was for Michael, and I feel when I first looked at him, it was lust. I can't say that it was love, but.
Speaker 2: It turned into that. Yeah, and so now you could say, hey, well it really was a version of that. Sey, You and I are the same person a lot. You know, I'm realizing that just now. Yeah, it took me a while, but I appreciate that I need the same person on this show.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I want to do a second date update. I saw a TV commercial for the iHeartRadio app. I was watching TV and there was I've actually there. We were yeah, so, whoa, that's fun. You ever see yourself on TV and you don't know you're gonna be on?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, oh, well I didn't know. It's like I remember when I was a fourteen year old boy in Atlanta and I went to six Flags and it was like summer break and the Channel five was doing a local news segment on kids out of school for summer and what they're doing. And I got interviewed by the news and I went home and it came on and it was like, oh my gosh, that was it. You know that was it? Oh?
Speaker 3: That was the start? Was that their first time on TV?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow, look at you now?
Speaker 2: Yeah now I'm on less TV now. But yeah, but thank you I heart for that commercial. That was really nice. All right, let's get to Brian. So Brian is going through it needs a little advice. Brian, good morning, how are you.
Speaker 7: I'm doing fantastic. I'm doing fantastic.
Speaker 2: All right, Well we are here to how help you? Now? We've all been in situations of dating and confusion, and that's kind of where we are here. And that's what it sounds like the situation is with you. So Brian, you are in Wittier, you reach out to us, and what you tell me is that you went and you met this girl on bumble and then you went on a first date. Right, what'd y'all do for your first date?
Speaker 7: For our first dance? I went, we went to dinner, and while we were waiting for dinner, we were just having a good time and uh, and then afterwards we went back to my place to make candy grapes.
Speaker 2: Candy grapes, grapes, can.
Speaker 7: Candy grapes. While we were at dinner, we're looking at TikTok videos and we were like, you know, just sharing TikTok videos and we saw candy grapes and it's basically where you take grapes and you get jolly ranchers and nerds and you melt down the jolly ranchers and he dip the grapes in the in there and then you dip them in the nerds. Uh, they're they're really delicious, really sweet, but they're really delicious.
Speaker 2: I mean it sounds fun. What like looking at tiktoks while you're on the first date, I guess, but the activity of that sounds fun. So then what happened? You come back to your place, you make your candy grapes and then what Yeah?
Speaker 7: So yeah, I was getting vibe the whole night. We make the candy grapes, and then while we're doing that, more vibes and then we end up kissing. And uh then I could see she kind of like was debating on whether to stay the night or not. So she decided not to, which is okay.
Speaker 2: And wait, wait, wait, wait wait debate did what was the debate?
Speaker 3: Like, I mean, it's the first date?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, it wasn't. It wasn't verbalized, but you could kind of see it in her face. She's kind of like, I don't know, just just kind of toying the things kind of nervously. And then she decided not to stay tonight, and I end up calling her an uber uh. And then I went to text here and I have received nothing. I haven't got a response back yet.
Speaker 2: Hm, now do you so? And everything seemed to be going playfully with the candy grape activity.
Speaker 7: Oh, the whole night was seemed like picture perfect. It was.
Speaker 2: It was why did she just I like you? I know you, I've known you for two minutes and thirty seconds. I like you. Like you sound like a good guy. Don't you get the sound of his voices? Like I want to spend more time with you.
Speaker 4: Was there any other conversations that we had that night that maybe like, did you guys bring up politics? Did you guys think that that maybe could have rubbed her the wrong way?
Speaker 7: No, the whole night was fun. Even in the restaurant, we were laughing and like she was getting like touchy philly Like when she would laugh, she grabbed my arm.
Speaker 2: So what what went? I don't right? Do me a favorite stay there? Her name is Callie. We have her number. I think she's agreed to come on, so let's get to that next. Brian stand by.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Well, that sounds totally perfect. What could it be? We had Callie on the phone, so Brian and she bailed, but I think she spoke to Ruby. So let me just say this. Brian meets this woman Calli on Bumble. They hang out, they watch TikTok videos, and they decide to go freeze grapes because of the tiktoks they were one, so they go back to his place. They freeze the grapes, and then Brian tells us she was thinking about staying or not staying. She ended up not staying, but then she ghosted him completely after that, and he's like, no, no, weird conversation, nothing went wrong. It was all like playful and fun. And then she disappears and he wants peace of mind, like why why, Like why don't even tell me? So then, Brian, you need to know this. She agreed to come on the air with us Callie, and as we were playing that song, she hung up, but apparently she doesn't want her voice on the air, but she did tell Ruby what happened. Ruby works in our backroom here. So Brian, do you want to know?
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, I have to night went perfectly, I thought, I don't know what could have went wrong?
Speaker 2: Now, Ruby? Yes, Hi, So what's going on in the back room? Who's back there with you?
Speaker 12: We got MICHAELA Collette.
Speaker 2: Let's here Collettes laugh is my favor laugh signature? So Brian Ruby knows. Now we have no idea. Why did she she didn't want her voice on the air? Ruby, Yeah, I.
Speaker 12: Think she kind of got cold feet. But she did give me a clue.
Speaker 13: She said that Brian ordered an uber pool for her at the end of the night. M hm, so I think that was kind of the issue.
Speaker 2: Oh so she shared the car with people.
Speaker 4: Uh, to go home from his house, right, Brian?
Speaker 3: Did you get a pool uber pool?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's my that's my fault.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's the issue that you don't want to be with other people at the end of the night like that?
Speaker 3: I mean definitely not at the end of the night, I mean yeah, definitely not ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, well no, I've ordered it on accident before and the people came in a car and I'm like, you guys, Well, also.
Speaker 6: It's like it takes you so much longer to get home to make the stops.
Speaker 2: So did you think maybe you just spent a little extra on the date and say, hey, here's you by yourself, not with a group of people in a carpool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't even I didn't even think about it. That's my default when I used I.
Speaker 2: Mean it really, or you didn't think about it. You use it all the time.
Speaker 7: No, I didn't think about it at all.
Speaker 2: Reason to bail on Brian, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I maybe would bail really, it.
Speaker 13: Seems, especially because they make you walk sometimes a few blocks.
Speaker 12: So if it's like late at night and he.
Speaker 7: Calls you, I just don't. I don't see the reason.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. Like Brian doesn't even get to share that it was an honest and I like Brian.
Speaker 3: I know, I like you.
Speaker 4: Sometimes first impressions, you know, yeah, you gotta think.
Speaker 2: I guess it is a lesson in thinking through your detail. Don't let anything slip through the cracks, especially when you're trying to make those first impressions. You've gotta like Brian. I love logistics. In another life, I'm going to be a logistics manager. Oh because I love planning and timing and like thinking about how it's all going to map out. Like it's part of what I love. I make myself crazy and the people around me crazy about it. Yeah, but I love it. So maybe you just need to like obsess a little bit more on the detail of planning, especially coming out of the gate bro, because I like you, like you seem like a good dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just a little attention to detail. It's like, it's late at night. You should have thought about I don't want to send her home in an uber pool. I want to make sure she's comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Ah, man, so this is because I actually put her in an uberpool. Man, it's just such a bummer. I really liked her.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she'll hear about this. Ruby does have her number, So if you want a message to go through Ruby to CALLI say it now or text.
Speaker 3: Her Brian, like it's it's still not over. Hit her up, say you're so sorry, make it up to her.
Speaker 7: I mean, I just I just don't know she's gonna read it and not respond to that.
Speaker 1: Who cares.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing to lose. Your shot. Yeah, shoot your shot, Brian. Thank you so much for reaching out to us in good luck.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, see you man. Yeah, I agree with you, Saysney, go for it, you know, honest mistake, Go for it.
Speaker 1: On air with Ryan Seacres.
Speaker 2: This is a story. We're going to meet the student that actually pulled this off our entire class. She got them out of taking a final. Did you ever have a teacher offer anything to the class and if anybody did it, then you wouldn't have to take the final exam?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't think I ever had a teacher that cool.
Speaker 2: Did you ever have grades in a class that you were exempt? You got like a a score or grade that you were exempt for the final?
Speaker 3: No, I was always like struggling to get by.
Speaker 2: Yeah sysany struggling, Tanya.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, I didn't either. But I don't know if I like the message that this is sending about. It's all about getting the most likes.
Speaker 3: This is a marketing class.
Speaker 2: It's a marketing class, and she marketed her way in the class is way out of the final. I find it entrepreneurial. I find it enterprising.
Speaker 4: It was literally an influencer marketing class. So it checks out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, professor gives her the assignment and the whole class assignment. If you get a million likes on a post, you get out of your final exam. Sylvie Bastardo, student Chapman University in Orange. Congratulations, Sylvie, thank you. So now tell everybody what you posted to get five million likes? Whatever you got.
Speaker 10: So, I just posted a quick video of my class. I was zooming in on the screen and I panned over to my friend Becca and it was just like her reaction. She was just shocked. I just posted this video with like a quick popular song that had been trending, and it's like up to almost five million tubes.
Speaker 2: Now that's all you did, Like you just posted the assignment and back up with the song, and now you got five million in the whole class.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was the song?
Speaker 10: It was the Hot if you've heard of it, the song from New Zealand. It is like a bad hair day, like super quick and catchy. But it was just like trending at the moment.
Speaker 3: But that's smart, it's used a trending song.
Speaker 2: How has your class thanked you for getting them out of the final.
Speaker 10: I've definitely gotten some thanks and like applause and the class after the video went viral, my professor pulled me up and like ha'd be like waved to the class and the.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're always posting stuff and people here, post something here, post that there. What's your advice? Does you took it an influencer marketing class, what's your advice on it making a good post?
Speaker 10: I definitely would use like a good song if it's on TikTok, because I think that definitely helps it. But I also think it's video got so many views because like it's just everyone wants to be supported. This is getting college students out of a final, and it like brought such a community of other college students together to try and get a.
Speaker 2: Final accom so simple and now tanyad like to argue with you about this. She thinks it's a bad lesson.
Speaker 3: I just don't.
Speaker 6: I think to me, it's less about getting so many likes and just doing what feels right to you. Do you know what I mean? Like doing what you want to put out there, not worrying about getting a million likes on it.
Speaker 2: But isn't your job to be hired by a company to get eventually to get market the company.
Speaker 10: Yeah? No, this is definitely. It's like, there's definitely been negative takes on it. But I think just for the class that I'm in, being influenced in marketing, we're trying to like see the power of social media and see what, like how we could actually use this in real life. So I definitely think it was a helpful assignment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for that class that you chose. Now, what is the job you want to get when you get out of school?
Speaker 10: I'm not sure you haven't still deciding. I'm my go to law school, so maybe a lawyer?
Speaker 3: Very cool, good for you.
Speaker 2: Silly Bastardo Chapman University gets her whole class out of taking the final. I'm for it, well done, thank you, thanks for coming on by, and so.
Speaker 3: Simple, she captioned it.
Speaker 4: My professor said, if our class got a TikTok video to one million likes, he would cancel the final.
Speaker 3: Please like, And then she got five just started liking.
Speaker 2: We overthink everything here, you know, with all of the advances in technology, there's so many pros, so many good things, especially in medicine. Look at all the things that they're advancing in medicine exponentially by the day of the week, the month, the year, and then you look at all the advances in technology, and so for every pro there might be a con or some cons. And with artificial and halogens, where is that all gonna go? What's it going to look like? We talked the other day about like what if your significant other could live on forever? Would you want that in the AI form? And I'm saying no, I think that would be like continue to make your heartbreak and be just difficult to heal. And now Sistney has a story about AI and your favorite musical artist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty wild what it can do.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if you've heard by now the AI generated music that sounds exactly like jay Z.
Speaker 3: Okay, so if you haven't, here, take a listen.
Speaker 2: They can never become with the spine so bulling the sound with no one who can assign it's.
Speaker 3: Not it's not Z and that's not kender.
Speaker 2: Mar your roof? Is that a jay Z song.
Speaker 3: Tony Manas song?
Speaker 2: If you put that on my desk right here and you said, here's new jay Z with Kendrick play it, I'd be great. Yeah, I talk about it and I would have no concepts and understanding how it's not.
Speaker 3: That's the issue. That's like the big issue here, Like how is this legal?
Speaker 4: People you know should not be able to use your name, image, likeness without permission, So should voice now be added to this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean that's IP, right, I think so that is the IP, that is the product that is I mean, your voice is signature to you and the words that come out of your mouth that are art, that's you. It's really yeah, it should not be legal.
Speaker 3: It should not.
Speaker 4: But like where do you draw that fine line to say that does sound like jay Z? You know, Like where is that definition?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm right?
Speaker 4: Or like if somebody did something that sound just like Ryan Seacrest, Like who can argue that it that?
Speaker 3: It doesn't It doesn't mean but I.
Speaker 2: Could say that's not me, that wasn't me. You can't. You can't. Can you do that?
Speaker 4: It's just it's so gray, Like it's just also new that one came out a few weeks ago, and then just last night there was a new AI General song featuring.
Speaker 3: Drake, a fake Drake and a fake The Weekends.
Speaker 2: This is not Drake, this is not the Weekend No, And it's.
Speaker 3: Called Heart on My Sleeve Talking to.
Speaker 1: Dave on my nerves.
Speaker 8: She thinks that, I mean the car I.
Speaker 2: CA, I can't, I can't live.
Speaker 3: I'm confused.
Speaker 6: Are they like how they you know, how they make like those like Barack Obama speeches where they like take his words and then they make a totally different song out of it. Is that what they're doing with.
Speaker 4: This It's it's hard to say. Probably when they can get all these different words out of like yeah, they can put it yeah, piece it all together and make it sound that way.
Speaker 3: Say so, yeah, it's like that.
Speaker 4: It's like that we were talking about last week, where if you get enough video of your loved ones that eventually you could be able to speak to them, you know, once they're gone, because you'll have all enough video and audio of them.
Speaker 6: So, but what if let's say they make this jay Z song, they take it to jay Z's camp and they're like, we want to publish it will give you whatever percent. Jay Z doesn't have to lift the finger.
Speaker 4: But maybe maybe it don't come off to like and that might be the case that like the Weekend and Drake and jay Z and people can sign off on things like that, and it might be Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't think so either. But how about this.
Speaker 4: What if this starts happening with Michael Jackson, Prince Elvis, like, well.
Speaker 2: Those estates because they're no longer with us, could it could look I don't know. I don't like X, I don't understand it.
Speaker 4: I don't either, but like that would be wild to get new music from Michael Jackson or Elvis or I don't prince unauthorized that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's just mind blowing.
Speaker 2: All right, well and FtM on that all right.
Speaker 1: On air with Ryan Seacrest, Dan.
Speaker 2: And Shay bring a carpenter and this man.
Speaker 14: Hey, this is Charlie Pooth and that's his new hit single. That's not how this works.
Speaker 9: That version is with Jan and Shay, And there's another version that you can hear as well.
Speaker 2: A carpenter and the countdown rolls on.
Speaker 14: I'm not good at it, you regret.
Speaker 2: I heard it over the weekend set.
Speaker 9: I think the first one I ever did of that, not me editing vocals while I'm speaking to you, sorry, I the first one I ever did was seven years ago, and I listened back to my voice was sound.
Speaker 14: Nasally. Do you know why?
Speaker 9: Not to go off topic, but do you know why our voices sound different on video camera and recording and otherwise than what we sound like ourselves is because we feel the vibrations in our tone, and when it's recorded, you obviously don't feel the vibrations in your face. So you're just hearing your pure voice of what actually you actually sound like.
Speaker 2: So wait, so do I sound like what I hear right now?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I don't I sound.
Speaker 14: Well the way that you.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know, because you've actually maybe been hearing your voice recorded for a long time and have kind of gotten used to it. But I guess people who aren't used to hearing their voices recorded will hear the choice back and be like that that's me.
Speaker 2: That's what I sound like. I do that, I do that with That's what I look like.
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's what that's what I do too.
Speaker 2: Charlie Pooth, you are in the studio right now. You're editing vocals. You're editing vocals.
Speaker 9: For what I'm editing vocals for the music that I'm going to play for you next year. So I can't even celebrate the success of the song that we just put out.
Speaker 14: I'm already thinking about. But this is kind of the name of the game.
Speaker 2: This song was something that was written a while ago, wasn't it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we that's not how this works.
Speaker 9: Was originally just me only my vocals, and it was recorded I think two years two years, two months into the pandemic.
Speaker 14: Uh yeah, so three years ago.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And from what I read about this song and you it was it was in some way therapeutic and helpful.
Speaker 9: Very therapeutic and helpful. It's you know, the therapy is very good. I don't want to I was told by somebody to not knock therapy, but I will say it is amazing that you can seek the help from other humans to make you feel better about any situation that you're in, but you also have it within yourself to make you feel better as well, maybe both in conjunction. And this song I guess was my therapist in way, because I felt a big sigh of relief, like I had a big bag of bricks on my shoulder and I had just let it all off after or I've finished writing the song. It was everything that I had been that had been cooped up in my head and then just like the release of having it in some melody.
Speaker 14: It was really great for me.
Speaker 2: But you can feel I mean there's a tenderness to that when I when I hit play on it, tenderness.
Speaker 9: But yeah, I like to and I like the lyrics to kind of match what you're hearing, and there's a there's a certain richness I'd like to try and accomplish in any record I produce. And I so it sounds very It sounds very like wide, especially when you listen to it on headphones or in your car. You're gonna the record sounds wide and the lyrics are heavy, and I think the heaviness has to go along with the music as well.
Speaker 2: I'm picturing one of those trucks you see on the freeway every once in a while that's moving a massive piece of cement for a freeway that's being built, that says wide load with all the wheels on it. You know, it's got like twenty wheels along the side. That's when I teach you when you describe that.
Speaker 9: Song, there's like three cars tailgating it as well.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, this is the very this is a presidential song.
Speaker 2: This is very Tanya. Yes, you're your dearest Sabrina Carpenter. What has she said about You're shaking the world with the music video When these two released those images.
Speaker 6: I actually haven't talked her about the music video.
Speaker 9: She is such a wonderful actress and a musician. I don't consider myself to be an actor, but we made a If anybody doesn't know listening to this, we made a short film and she brought the actor out of me.
Speaker 6: But the lyrics of the song are so good, and I feel like everybody's experienced a relationship like that. You know where someone's like no, no, no, no, but then they come back and they call you and you're like, no, this is not how this works, like you left goodbye.
Speaker 9: I am so surprised that nobody has written the song.
Speaker 14: I know how this works.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 9: I had a bit of panic before a week before it came out, and I was like, I was googling the title and like, there's got to be somebody who is going to assume me was put this song up for nobody gat.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's so interesting, right, Charlie Pooth is with us. Now you're going out, You're doing this tour through the summer. You're going to beat the Greek. Got tickets to go see Charlie at the Greek?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What have you started to put together?
Speaker 9: I've always been very fascinated with Broadway shows, and I'm not a I'm not ever going to be in the lineup to win a Tony or anything. I know, maybe some people say I shouldn't say that, but I really am not going to ever be a Broadway singer or anything like that. But there are certain elements of a Broadway show that I just I love and I would love to incorporate into my own show.
Speaker 14: So there's there's acts.
Speaker 9: There's like four acts in the We're calling it the Charlie Experience, And it's kind of the best way that you can go inside my brain and see what it looks like, because everyone's always asking what is the what is it? Even Toni's definitely looked at me like are you even listening to me?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: You see the wheels, you see everything just like turning in his head. It's like very fascinating.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, I mean hopefully when you come see me on tour, you'll be able to see what kind of wheels are spinning in my.
Speaker 2: Different universes in which these wheels will spin.
Speaker 9: Yes, and you'll see, uh, I'll come up with the song in front of ten thousand people, which will be stressful and exciting, and I'll maybe even surprise myself.
Speaker 14: So there's a lot of there's influence of my favorite.
Speaker 9: Music of of.
Speaker 14: Of all time.
Speaker 9: There's songs that I've written for other artists that I'm going to kind of make my own way. It's it's it's chaotic and wonderful at the same time.
Speaker 3: Like a Charlie Journey.
Speaker 2: Charlie.
Speaker 6: Charlie is one of those people.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 6: It is so like you aren't such an artist like true and true, because if you're talking to him, you're telling him something about your life, you know, like your love life hit.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: He literally like writes in his notes page and he's like, I like you see the wheels turning. It's like he's really takes from everybody's like real life experience.
Speaker 4: So can you have a normal conversation with him where he's not everything put into a record With our morning show, if someone comes to us and we're like, oh, that's cool, can we talk about it on the air, Yeah.
Speaker 14: Of course.
Speaker 9: I mean Tanya was you know, Tanya, this has happened definitely between you and I before you were opening up to me and I was like, wow, Tanya doesn't know that she's a star lyricist right now.
Speaker 1: I'm using all this.
Speaker 2: It does hurt dramas too. You're right, because we'll say, wait, in some sort of text message or something that happens something in real world, we'll say, don't even say anymore till we get on there.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear any more till we're they're that's right.
Speaker 9: That's why were There was no ten minutes of small talk before this with everybody.
Speaker 2: We just got on it, and that's why you're getting this tender conversation in the studio building his art right now with us. Go see him this summer. We've got tickets where you're now to the Greek eight hundred five to one to choose seven. That track is out also, and it's good to see man. Thanks for coming on. I would love to see this show. I'm gonna check the Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 9: It's you might be overwhelmed when you leave it.
Speaker 14: I will be.
Speaker 2: Thanks for coming on, man, we'll see you.
Speaker 3: Good to see you, bye.
Speaker 14: Bye bye to you.
Speaker 2: So interesting to see and like he's right there in the studio where he's editing a song. I feel like he could be in there for days locked into the rabbit hole of studio and not come out because he's constantly pushing himself to change, change and change.
Speaker 3: He seeing his keyboards. He has like ten keyboards behind him.
Speaker 6: He's always in there, always.
Speaker 1: On air on Air with Ryan Seacret.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite food of all times? Isn't he?
Speaker 4: I don't have a favorite food of all time? But if I had to choose.
Speaker 2: Sushi, pizza's mind, Tanya, what's yours cheeseburger? Actually nachos might be mine nachos or pizza cheeseburger if it's I had a smash burger the other day, I don't eat.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I saw that. Where do I see that.
Speaker 2: Except burgers and steak?
Speaker 3: But I don't need as much as they don't have sushi right now?
Speaker 2: So good. I know you could always have sushi.
Speaker 3: I really could.
Speaker 2: I just don't have it too much because it's one of those days I.
Speaker 3: Don't and I don't. But that's why I like it, because I don't have it that much.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about pizza.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: La got awarded the number one sitting in the country for a pizza.
Speaker 4: I saw this and I thought it was so cool because I was like move over.
Speaker 2: New York Chicago diversity. So like if you're in New York, if you're in Chicago, you gotta do New York style pizza. Style pizza. We don't have to do La style pizza. We do everybody pizza. So everybody who's come here has a version of pizza. And pizza to me, is a blank canvas. Like you can do anything on a pizza. Cross cheese, no cheese. You could put meat, You could put sweet things on on a pizza.
Speaker 3: Cross an egg, you can make it a breakfast piece.
Speaker 2: I love a fried egg. I don't see my eggs, but I had some really fresh eggs. You know, I got a chicken.
Speaker 3: Throw them yourself.
Speaker 6: She has a chicken?
Speaker 3: Did I miss something? When'd you get a chicken?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might have missed it.
Speaker 6: I saw it on Was it in your Instagram?
Speaker 3: Where'd you have a chicken? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had a chicken. I gotta listen. I have my olive oil and I have my chicken. But I got fresh eggs. So I put an egg on a pizza all the time, and I crack its soggy, so good. But some of the really interesting pizzas around La there's one in Altadina. They do a braised lamb pizza. There's also a place that does eggs benedic pizza. I would eat eggs benedic pizza. That sounds m It's faith and flour downtown, and you know, with the food trucks, it's just it's just as it's diversity when it comes to pizza. I'm curious to know if you have a favorite pizza place here anywhere in southern California, if you're listening and I like it. I like it if it's wood burning, if there's a wood burning on them, because it adds to the flavor. One eat hundred five to one two seven at Kiss FM, Tony. Do you have a favorite pizza place you and Robby like to go to?
Speaker 6: So it's it's a chain, But the gluten free pizza Fresh Brothers is great, is unmatched.
Speaker 3: Fresh Brothers is delicious, really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not really good.
Speaker 2: Go too as well. Yeah, it's a good delivery go to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because gluten free pizza is hard for to get right, I.
Speaker 2: Don't mind it. I eat both the gluten free and regular, and I'm so excited to have a pizza. I don't care if like it's just like so safe, it's hot, it's so good. I'm so excited. I curl it up and I can't eat it fast enough.
Speaker 3: You curl it.
Speaker 2: I curl it when I eat. How do you eat it? You eat it flat? I curl it flat, like if I had to curl my tongue.
Speaker 4: I only curl it if it's really like wet and drippy, like hot, you know you have to curl it.
Speaker 3: But if it's like so, what do you.
Speaker 2: Think of this one? Baldoria Downtown has the Sweet Merry Pizza, strawberries, strawberry cream, and strawberry jams.
Speaker 3: See that sounds like an experience.
Speaker 2: It's good, but it's not for me.
Speaker 6: It's not for me.
Speaker 3: Experience.
Speaker 2: What about chicken, onions and bacon.
Speaker 7: That's for me?
Speaker 3: Yes, I will have a bite of.
Speaker 2: That onions on a pizza. I love onions on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a barbecue chicken pizza.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so good. California Pizza Kitchen had won me over with that barbecue chicken.
Speaker 3: And then you can get it at rounds like the CP game, the frozen section.
Speaker 2: We get that all the time. Good, let's get to it. So la congratulations The pizza capital of the country,