Speaker 1: Shoot your shot on Prize Picks and get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. That's right, Prize Picks is now giving away fifty dollars in lineups when you sign up and play your first five dollars. Prize Picks makes every dunk, every dive, every board even more exciting, so don't miss a chance to get started on America's number one app for sports picks. March is officially here, which means the best time of year for all you basketball fans. The badness is upon us and the league is in the final stretch before the playoffs. Find your community on Prize Picks. With new social feeds features, you can share prize picks with your friends and copy lineups from winners with a single click. Copy lineups you like or use them as inspiration for your own picks. You can even follow Prize Picked partners like us and tell of fate our picks, just with one click. Get in on the action at Prize Picks is now available in all fifty states, including California, Texas, Florida, and Georgia. Prize Pick is simple to play. Just download the Prize Pick app today. Use code sha to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's cold, Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineup after you play your first five dollar lineup. Pride fects, it's good to be right. Hey, guys, what's up? It's your favorite unk, proud partner of road Sparks. You ever had one of them nights? Maybe you're watching a movie. You're laughing, she scoops, sitting closer on the couch and boom, it's on.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: In these moments, you can't be caught slipping. You gotta be ready to perform like it's the big game, you hear me. And that's where Roast Sparks come in. These bad boys dissolve right under your tongue. No worries.
Speaker 2: And here's the kicker.
Speaker 1: The dual laction formula stays acting for up to thirty six hours. Yeah, now, you're not a wreck for thirty six hours. But let's get this straight. When the moment strikes you again, you're ready to perform again, again and again if necessary, ready to rise to the occasion. With road Sparks, you get full of erections, you get more control and everybody's leaving the room with a smile on their face. Isn't that what we all want? That's what I call a win, baby, And check this out. If you've prescribed new sexual health patients get fifteen dollars off their first order of roast sparks on a recurring plan. Just go to r O dot co slash Nightcap to find out if prescription road sparks are right for you. Again, that's our ol dot co slash Nightcap. Now, fellas, you know your favorite dog, got to keep it real with you. Sparks is a compounding drug product that means it's allowed to be prescribed under federal law, but isn't I FDA approved and doesn't have to go through their reviews. For the full safety info, hit up road dot coast slash safety info. So fellas, stay confident, stay ready, and let them sparks fly when the moment is right. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite all and there's my partner, the Cincinnati Legend, the former Hall of the Ring of Famer for the Bengals. The former All Pro Pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: For the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 1: The Liberty City Hall of Famer from the Poking Beans Chad O, Joe Cicco Johnson.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you guys self inducted.
Speaker 1: Self inducted Liberty City Legend from the Poking Beans O Joe Sicco. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button. Do us a favorite, Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. Thank you, guys for your support. As you can see the counter, we're creeping slowly, slowly towards the two million subscriber mark and we can't thank you enough. So tell family, friends, and loved ones. If you want to have a good time three to four nights a week, come out subscribe. Okay, four to five nights a week subscribed to night Cap and tune in the and Ocho six this week and then Ocho and Iso for nice week. So again, thank you guys for your support, and you'll continue support because none of this is possible without you. Those looking to purchase a bottle of Shade by Laportier, head over to La Potierkangnac dot com. If it's unavailable in a state or city near you. The best tasting premium vessel peek Kangnact on the market. We have the og size, which is the seven fifty, but now we have the junior, which is the three seventy five. The same great quality, the same great tastes, the same smoothness, just in a smaller bottle compared against other Kangnacs, and you'll see we have the best Cognact on the market. Please drake responsibly and stay safe out there. Uh ocho the chiefs huh hold on, I thought you was gonna be at the game, which one the Hawks tonight?
Speaker 2: Oh not?
Speaker 3: The baby birthday was a day.
Speaker 1: See, so when did you find When did you find out the baby's birthday was today?
Speaker 2: Whatever? Before? After you asked Joe to get them tickets.
Speaker 3: Now we had to celebrate the day because I got a flight in the morning. I gotta work, I gotta I gotta work.
Speaker 2: Hey, Chad, y'all get on me. Man up.
Speaker 1: Don't want to do anything with o Joe. This is why you spend five ten thousand dollars. Forel a pair of tickets.
Speaker 3: Bay, whoa whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa. We talk, we talk, We talk about Atlanta Hawks. Ain't nothing five ten thousand dollars over there for course side, how about you think them tickets calls of course for Joe Johnson free.
Speaker 2: No, they're not free for Joe. I'm sorry. He might get them.
Speaker 1: He might get them at a better price than what the average fan would get them.
Speaker 2: They're not free for Joe.
Speaker 3: Hey, but hey, listen to me. But my daughter's birthday is tomorrow, right, so I had to celebrate. I had to celebrate the day. Chat yaw, she's turning she's turning eleven. And I have a flight to New York in the morning because I have to do the late run the Soccer podcast tomorrow. I got the the MLS commissioner. Yep, I got the MLS commission tomorrow, which is pretty pretty dope into the rebull players Tuesday, Tuesday and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this, When did you realize you're gonna have to celebrate shot child's birthday a day earlier?
Speaker 3: Well, Mama, that was mama's idea. Say hey, listen, we're gonna have to push this up because she had the tournament to get ready for this weekend coming up, so she had to have a fun today and tomorrow. I'm gonna miss tomorrow, so I had to do it today.
Speaker 2: See y'all talk about chat, but y'all here talking.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Uh, there you go, right there. The Chiefs find that newest backup quarterback to Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: They agreed to send a twenty twenty seven sixth round draft pick to the Jets to acquire Justin Fields. Fields wanted to continue his career in Kansas City, although there were other teams interested in acquiring him. Per Adam Schefter, to facilitate the trade, the Jets are paying seven million of the ten million dollars guaranteed contract of twenty twenty six. Kansas City will play the remaining three million. Mahons is rehabbing after having surgery in December to repair repair a torrent ACL and an LCL in his left knee.
Speaker 2: O Joe, we were.
Speaker 1: Talking about this because the reports had come out that the Chiefs were possibly interested in Russell Wilson. Yes, now that we know they're going away from Russell Wilson and turn into Justin Fields, you like this?
Speaker 2: Are you surprised by this? What are your thoughts about this.
Speaker 3: I mean, I kind of like it because I'll go back to what did Justin Fields look like when he's with the Pittsburgh Steelers, what it looked like when he had an actual starting job. I don't want to base anything a small sym besize what we saw Justin Fields with New York Jets, because nobody does well over there. Nobody does well over there because if from from top to bottom, it's not run the right way. But what is the Steelers? A competent organization that is used to winning. Obviously, he looked somewhat good until Russell Wilson got healthy, and then he had to come here. He had to sit down. If not mistaken, Justin Field went feurign two in the sixth game that he did start. So I think with Andy Reid and be Ene me and some of the some of the weapons they do have over there, if Justin Fields has to be the quarterback until Paxic Mahomes is healthy, I'm okay with that because I understand what he will look like when he has the right supporting cast Arriotty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I like this. Andy loves mobile quarterbacks. Remember what he did. Donovan was mobile, but then he got Michael Vick, who was even more mobile than Donovan mcnow.
Speaker 2: And he has success with that, so I'm not surprised.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Patrick Justin Fields is a lot more mobile than Patrick mahoons, and he's going to be a lot more mobile than Patrick Mahomes coming off this knee injury. But I agree with what you had to say is that given this system, Andy's quarterback whisper for the quarterbacks, it's hard for me to see that if Justin Fields has to play two three games that he won't have a level of success.
Speaker 2: Understanding that.
Speaker 1: You know, hey, they do a great job of making sure you get the ball out of your hands quick. They were on a lot of jail break screens. They believe they can run the ball a lot better to take some pressure off of the passing game. That's why they went out and signed Kenneth Walker K nine in free agency to relieve some of the passing game pressure.
Speaker 2: Because the asthma holes to drop back.
Speaker 1: And continually to throw throw, throw, you're putting him, You're putting yourself in harm's way.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're done yet, O Joy.
Speaker 1: They got a top fifteen pick and they got the twenty ninth pick from the Rams, they got two first round picks. Don't know quite know the direction that they're gonna head in in those Do they trade both of those picks and move into the top ten top five? I'm not sure about that, but I kind of like this. But I will say this, If he can't have success here, where can he have success at OJO?
Speaker 3: Oh? Well, listen, if going to Kansas City, if you look at the starting quarterbacks and obviously the backups that have been there that have had to go in and filing for the starters, they've always had success on They've always had success. And Andy Reid want to come not calling him the quarterback whisper, but all quarterbacks he's worked with in coach, they've all they've all had success. So I expect him because of what he has around him to have success. And what I like about him is he can throw the ball, but he also adds the dynamic of being a dual threat as well. So I'm sure they're gonna play to his strengths to make sure he can keep that ship or float while he's in.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what you're gonna have to do. Obviously, Defensively, we'll see what they're gonna do. Defensively, they lost a lot of guys, both at the starting corners, starting safety, So that's three started out the defense. They restructure Snail contract, they'll probably do something with Jones's contract.
Speaker 2: Defensively, they're not the same.
Speaker 1: They don't get out there, they don't attack the quarterback the same way they once did.
Speaker 2: They're not that Spag still wants the pressure.
Speaker 1: When he feels threatened, you get close to his end zone, he's gonna bring pressure, and teams were prepared for that and they made them pay for some of that this year.
Speaker 2: But I like this justin fields.
Speaker 1: Hopefully he can figure it out, because look, we throw everything again, we throw everything out the window that he did with the Jets, because, like you said, the Jets are not a very well organization and they don't have the best pieces around him. Okay, uh, we're gonna throw out Chicago. At some point time. We got to stop throwing out stuff. At some point in time, Hey, the baby just dirty. Hey we can't just keep throwing our bath war if not the baby dirty. And in this situation, at some point time, O Joe, we're gonna have to say, hey, we're gonna have to put some of this on Justin Fields. I agree. I think the Jets. Uh, I don't think the Jets did him any favors. I think Chicago. There are some things that he could have done better, like understand protection and be able to redirect the protection so you don't become vulnerable if they don't do it. You should be well enough thoughtful enough as a quarterback to say.
Speaker 2: Hell, nah, y'all, lisen this, no rip this, Hey, I.
Speaker 1: Want to be able to see or or if it's a rip protection lizen so I can see the blizz come in because I'm right hand the quarterback. But at some point time, O choe, we gotta start holding these players accountable. We can't keep blaming organization, organization, organization. There are some bad run organizations. I will conceive that, But you can't go to fifteen organizations says every last one of them are run poorly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At some point in time, you're not doing you're not doing your job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and I could only base it off what he did as the last organization was at where I thought he was going to. Obviously, I don't have to look over my shoulder. Finally, I get a team where don't have to worry about anyone taking my job. But unfortunately that job was the New York Jets, and I'm not sure when the last time they've actually had success because top to bottom, you know how it is. I don't need to say anything. I mean no disrespect, you know, to anyone that plays for New York Jets. But it is what it is. It is what it is. So justin Fields, seeing what he looked like when he's with the Steelers, with a competent organization that has run the correct way from top to bottom, I saw what he looked like, the small semmitide we saw with him there. I know exactly what he's gonna give you when he's way the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't take much because Andy's system is very quarterback freely. You look at the success that Alex Smith had in that system. You look at Donald mcnabbing that system. You look at Michael Vick in that system. You look at my homeboy in that Mahome brother an outlier, so he gonna look good in any system. That's Patrick Mahome. He's a you could make a case that he's a top five, top six quarterback as we currently sit here and speak O Joe. So he's an outlier. But if you look at other quarterbacks, Alex Smith was mobile people. I mean I know, you know, you look at it. He was mobile, Ojoe. You're watching in San Francisco, and how he can move. They would move the pocket. With Alex Smith. You look at him in Kansas City, they would move the pocket. He was very, very mobile. And so I think, hopefully Justin Field's can have this level of success.
Speaker 2: And you see what he did.
Speaker 1: Andy came there and you got myhomes and then Alex Smith was able to go to the commanders and you know he ended up messing up his leg. But hopefully Justin Fields can have this level of success. I thought he could be good. Watching him at Ohio State, sometimes you get a false sense because when you got five six first round WI receivers, oo, you get a little false system like with damn, is he that good?
Speaker 2: But you know, we look at what he was throwing to.
Speaker 1: He got a lobby and he got Garrett Wilson, and you know he got all those guys like, well, damn, but he's gonna he's going to have to play better because I agree, I think, oh your people are more in your camp. The Jets are bad situation. Chicago didn't surround him with anything. Pittsburgh, he seemed to be heading in the right direction, Yes, but they never committed. They committed to Russell Wilson. Russell got hurt in training camp, and you know, Mike Tomlin never committed, like, well, if Russell gets healthy, Uh, this is still.
Speaker 3: Justin field job.
Speaker 1: He didn't make. He didn't make that declaration. So I was surprised. I think a lot of people were surprised that that when Russ got healthy, that he went to justin fields, considering how well feels was playing.
Speaker 2: But this is an insurance policy.
Speaker 1: It only cost him three million dollars the Jets picking up you know, seven million dollars of that, uh, the ten million that he's guaranteed, and so hopefully it works out for him this time around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, listen, that's a good team to be around too. That's a good team to be around obviously, that atmosphere, that winning atmosphere, and being able to learn behind the homes once he does get back, just in case the opportunity presents itself again, but justin fields be the quarterback of a team somewhere else, just just being able to take some of the attributes that he's learned from my homes and that system will will be tremendous for him.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, O, Joe.
Speaker 1: You know this now, if you don't do well in and his system, they gonna say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it gets tough there, it gets tough after that, Get it gets real tough, It get real slim after that.
Speaker 1: Man, Poe, Joe, give me put this up. Yeah, we're gonna put this up. I feel bad too, feel bad for who Joe?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 2: He up there at the game by himself. He wasn't by himself.
Speaker 3: It was hold on head. I'm gonna let you. I'm gonna let you. I'm gonna let you argue with the mother my child. No no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 2: There you go somebody.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let you argue with arguing the chat.
Speaker 2: Oh you see, Oh Joe, this this don't need to be no discussion.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe know his he knows with all his kid's birthday, he knows if he's out of town, he's gonna contact the mom and say we need to move this up because I'm gonna be out of town.
Speaker 3: Tell her how you gonna tell her what to do?
Speaker 2: What she told you what to do?
Speaker 3: If she said I need you here today, I'm here today.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well so what but oh Joe, you hadn't made plans.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't give a about no plans. If my motherfucking child birthday is here.
Speaker 2: Well you should have what you should have did that with Joe.
Speaker 3: I talked to Joe already. What are you talking about? I talked to Joe earlier today. Now, y'all, don't piss me up. But my goddamn child, it's her birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, Oh Joe, how you getting ticked off because you putting this You putting this request there for a man.
Speaker 3: Listen, man I send that man? Is money for a ticket? Y'all acting like it's that goddamn serious. I said, it's my child birthday. Anybody don't like it? You know what the ef you could do? Now that's the last timna say about it.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I play around a lot. My child birthday is tomorrow. I have to get on the flight at nine am. Therefore, Mama asked me to stay in town today to to do some with her because I'm gonna be going the rest of the week till Sunday.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, that's wrong.
Speaker 3: I talked wait and no, let me finish. I talked to Joe earlier today. I say, Joe, I'm not gonna be able to make it because I have obligations with the little one. They moved what she had to do up because she has to prepare for a tennis tournament this weekend.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 3: We make it a little bit more complicated than we should.
Speaker 2: Nobody is.
Speaker 3: It's a serious matter. You're telling me about a basketball game versus my child's daughter, my daughter's birth show.
Speaker 2: You the one that recommended you go to the game. He didn't.
Speaker 3: Go to the game.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are you saying?
Speaker 1: You are the right thing by staying for your child's birthday?
Speaker 3: So why do we even?
Speaker 1: No one is saying, oh Joe, oh Joe, Now, how you're gonna go to a game?
Speaker 3: Can when you when you when you have something to do important? Do I say anything?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't. So why y'all making it a big thing? Oh joey, Hey, something we talk about a we talk about a basketball game.
Speaker 2: O Jo.
Speaker 1: But here, this is why in chat now you're understand, this is why I don't commit, because things come up and to make that commit. That's why when people say, Shannon, can you do this, Shannon, can you go there? I can't commit because I got so many things going on that I don't know. So even though Shelley has my schedule six weeks two months in advance, something might come up just like that and I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't aford it.
Speaker 2: Somebody have to do that, not back out of it.
Speaker 3: That has nothing to do with anything at all right now, that has nothing to do anything. Hey, I need you here for your child's birthday. We got to move it up. Her birthday's tomorrow, so we had to move there because I got why you couldn't move it back? Moving back where the birthday?
Speaker 2: What is the birthday?
Speaker 3: How about her birthday is tomorrow? Okay, so I'm not here tomorrow. My flights, my flights at nine in the morning. Hello, Oh Joe, Okay, how about is here.
Speaker 2: Birthday?
Speaker 3: Hey? Hold on, hey, matter of fact, matter of fact, I'm gonna give you your number so you can explain to her.
Speaker 2: Why you gotta do all.
Speaker 3: This because because because we're making it more than what it really is. We tell about the basketball game acting like I'm I'm supposed to be a goddamn white house or something.
Speaker 2: Oh yo, come.
Speaker 1: Oh happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Bad.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: I was just saying, Oh, Jo comebo bad. But I understand, Oh Joe, I understand I talking about.
Speaker 3: I don't play when it comes to my kids. I don't care what I got to do. I don't I don't care. And anybody don't like it. You know what time it is. I mean, no disrespect, no, no disrespect to the chat and and and you. I'm just saying some people trying to make jokes and he he ha ha he he ha ha.
Speaker 2: Hell Chad, what y'all think of chat? Y'all left? He left Jones dump.
Speaker 3: Hey, you still going?
Speaker 2: That's a matter fact? Has a better fact?
Speaker 1: Give me, give me, give me, give me your child, give me a co parenting number.
Speaker 2: I would have talked to her.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on calling me.
Speaker 2: Now, we don't need to talk. We re to go. We fit to move on.
Speaker 1: DeAndre Hopkins says he fell underutilized this season, especially in the red zone. First, a Ravens fan, tweeted his one hand to catch in Week one versus the Bill, saying, if the Ravens are in the market for a veteran wide receiver, which I suspect they are, they should do a deal to bring DeAndre Hopkins back to Baltimore. What a catch this was. In response, d Hopkins says, how many times after this do you think I was used in the red zone when targeted? I'm still one of the best, still one of the most productive, but never complained with my snaps and never will facts. D Hawk, Who's thirty three, finished the season with twenty two catches, three hundred and thirty yards and only two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, I hate that. I hate when they do this to us.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, go ahead, talk to me.
Speaker 3: I hate when they do this to us. A chat. I hate when you when you reach your thirties. As great as DeAndre Hopkins was, as as much as what I know he can, he can do and provide for offense, especially one like the Baltimore Ravens, and to be underutilized understanding how good he is in one on one situations and goal line situations. Uh fifty to fifty balls, turning it turn into ninety ten. When it comes to him, when it comes to making contested catches, all you got to do is just throw it in the vicinity. He has hands like Larry fer and Gerald. I'm not sure what his drop rates, what drop his drop percentage is, but I'm sure it's up there with some of the best in the NFL, like Chris Carter and Larryfern Gerald. Once you hit your thirties on they continue to weed you out. Obviously on the team they don't use as much, obviously because they they more so use the young bulls and the young bucks that they do have. But he's such an extreme talent, even at thirty three. I understand the production that he can have, but it's just I hate that they weed you out. I mean, it happened to it happened to all of us. I'm Julio Jones. You know, I can go down the list of all the great receivers that were great at one time, and they go to teams and they're unutilized just because of age. And that's the way they weed you out in general. And at some point it's gonna come to a point where the game is so young, where there's no more opportunities left for you.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, you know this. Once you start going every year, it's year to year. You're only gonna be there one year. Yeah, the likelihood of them bringing you back. You saw what happened. He went to Kansas City, and he went over here, and he went over there. He might as well get accustomed to if he wants to stay for an extended period of time. Yeah, just says, Look, you know what, I'm a high gun. I'm here one. It's a temp service. Now, anybody that's in the chat nobody temp service. Yeah, you're there temporarily. He's gonna be on these teams temporarily. They're not looking for DeAndre Hopkins to be a long term solution.
Speaker 2: He might believe he can.
Speaker 1: And I don't have any reason to believe that he can't, but I'm saying they're not going to give you those opportunities because they don't intend for you to be there after the time in which you are there, which is basically the football season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hate that.
Speaker 2: It is what thato, That's what it is.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I hate the way that business works like that, especially when you have a player that is really good at what they're do, I mean, really good at what they do and really good at what they've done, but again, the opportunity, the opportunities decrease. I hate that. I hate that. If you give him the opportunities like he had when he was at Houston and put him in a position to make those plays, he can still make those plays. But obviously it's the way and the business does most of them.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they will ever be the Oh Joe, they don't do that, But they don't do that to Dante. They don't put him in position like he was in Green Bay because this Pooka's team.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, Oh, they're not.
Speaker 1: Gonna put him in that because even though we even though Zay Flyers as five eight, five nine, whatever the case.
Speaker 2: He's their number one receiver.
Speaker 1: He's getting those opportunities and the two tight ends they're gonna get second and third priority and then probably with Shawan babe, but he's gonna get fourth Friday. So a best case on the absolute best case scenario, yeah, de hop is the field option. Yeah, but see you always know the fieldth option on't show you already.
Speaker 3: Know a very seldom, very seldom. But why even bring him in on Why even why even bring him in? It makes no sense to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they know they're not going to use him in the capacity that.
Speaker 1: In order to maximize him, you're gonna have to use him in the capacity. And I don't, I don't know, I don't think you Look, he's saying, use him in the red zone. And I think he still can be a valuable, a viable option in the red zone, but they're more apt to run the ball and when they do throw it in.
Speaker 2: I mean he had him a couple of times.
Speaker 1: I mean, Lamar missed him a few times, but for the most part, they're not putting him in situations where he can succeed, which is the red zone. He's oh Joe, He's never been a guy that had blinding speed, so he's he's even less fast than he was when he came into the league. But he still has great hands. He still has a huge catch radius. So that's why he's said, give me in the red zone, give me some opportunities. Let me high point the ball showed of me. Yeah, all the things I can still.
Speaker 3: Do, yeah, I say. And this this is a difference between the Ravens offense and how you mentioned Devonte Adams, right, Yeah, he led the NFL in touchdowns. I be not mistaken. Yeah, well, yes, yes, they throw the ball so much over there, and Devonte Adams is still so good, obviously still the best, He's actually still the best route running the league. Obviously thrown Ross Saint Brown in there as well, who's mainly in the slot. But when it comes to outside receivers and it comes to running rounds, Devonte is still that guy, which is why his numbers looked at Whey they did, and they throw the ball so got there much over there in LA. So I think that that that also it kind of hurts being the fifth option down there in Baltimore.
Speaker 1: It does. But plus you look at at Matthew Stafford. How many back shoulders has he thrown the Calvin Johnson. So now he gets a guy that's not as big as Calvin Johnson but can throw the back shoulder.
Speaker 2: It just automatic.
Speaker 1: Davante is one of the back shoulders best back shoulder.
Speaker 3: Catching all of football, especially Rogers him and Aaron.
Speaker 1: You can't stop it. If you behind him, he gonna throw it over the top. If you're on top of me, he gonna throw it behind you. So I'm like, you're like, okay, well, damn, coach, what you want me to do? And like you said, he's still an elite route runner.
Speaker 3: Yes, done, And.
Speaker 2: But it's a but they they are two different receivers.
Speaker 1: People don't look at People still believe that the divantee. That's why he's making max dollars. He's making twenty twenty five million dollars a year, twenty million dollars a year, because they still believe he's a viable option that at worst case scenario, he can be a two, possibly a one if Pookah goes out. Remember at Jacksonville, ohow he had three touchdowns? How many games we see him at three? Two touchdowns?
Speaker 3: He?
Speaker 1: I mean he got fourteen touchdowns. Then he missed a couple of games. He's still the guy. He's still he's a Some guys are just touchdown magnets, t O and Randy, Chris Carter, Jerry, those guys. I get another guy, uh Antonio Gates. Man, I can never go like Gates.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, I'm like, damn, I said, man, I'll be watching Gates. I'm like, well, Damn, I had retired when he became what he became. And I'm looking at him, like, damn. They getting the ball down in the REP. They get down to the ten, they throwt it to it and they're like, well, go get op option away. They run Zorro route, they run options, they run stick, they run choice. I'm like, well, damn, but some guys can just score, have that ability to just score the damn football. They have that ability. O Joe, you and I were yardage guys. We're gonna get yardish. We might have six for a buck twenty and no touchdown. Somebody else gona come along and have three for seventy five and two touchdowns.
Speaker 2: But but that's the way it is.
Speaker 1: I know he's he's frustrated, But once you start bouncing around, O Joe's in Kansas City, and you remember he was at the he was in Tennessee and now he's in Baltimore, and that it's just if I'm him and I want to and I want to, you know, stay.
Speaker 2: In the league.
Speaker 3: Would you hang it?
Speaker 2: Would you hang it up? Not complaining, well, he.
Speaker 3: Never complained before. He don't even hell d hop, don't even talk.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He reminded me unless you know him personally and you actually have a conversation with him. He remind me of Troy Polamalu or remind me of Chris Henry. You know, God, God got rest in peace individuals that play the game, and you never ever hit him talk. I think the last time I heard d Hop talk is seeing him in person. And then obviously when him and God damn uh D'Angelo Hall got into it was that hard. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that practice. That's oh man, he they was that. That's the first time I ever heard him talk.
Speaker 2: So it looks.
Speaker 1: I think the wide receivers in that type of a system, the likelihood of them having oh Jo, they're not about to have no. Ten twelve touchdowns like you see Davonte in some of these other receivers. That's that's not their offense. Their offense is not like that. Yeah, it's a spread it around offense.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The tight ends might have between the two of them might have seven eight touchdowns between the two of them. They might have four or five touchdowns. The back's gonna have a couple of touchdowns. But that they're not They're not a guy. They're not like Davonte gonna have eight. One guy gonna have eighteen touchdowns. Yeah, and I mean that's that's not that's not their offense, right, And there's nothing wrong with that because if you think it had been interesting to see, give me when Lamar had forty one touchdowns. Let's see the distribution of what it was spread out, Cause you know, hey, somebody's gonna have when somebody when a quarterback throws for a bunch of touchdowns, somebody's gonna have fifteen, somebody gonna have fourteen, fifteen to eighteen. You look at when when you remember, oh Joe, remember Joe Burrow a couple of years ago when we called it, Chase had seventeen.
Speaker 3: Had seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ain't pay to have no two guys with seventeen the quarterback go throw for seventy touchdowns? Then, yeah, so Andrews had eleven, Bateman had nine, likely had six.
Speaker 3: Wait, Bateman had nine last year. Yeah, Oh that was a I mean that was a quiet nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah damn.
Speaker 1: So you see one guy double figures, one got almost in double figures, and then you have eleven, nine, six, four, and then it spread out dumped down to the running back. You know, Henry might have had two, and then Mitchell might have had one or two.
Speaker 2: Something like that. So I look, I get it. I get it.
Speaker 1: Uh, I get this frustration in our minds. We're the last. We're the last one to see it. Oh Joe, we're absolutely the last. Just wanted to see it, starts to dissipate it. We still were still holding on on you. We still remember what we used to be.
Speaker 2: Oo.
Speaker 3: But hey, but but then, you know what, even if he's a shell of himself, that shell of himself is still good.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: It's still good, and you mentally you feel like you can still do it. You just understand. Just give me the opportunities, Yes, just give me the opportunities. Why bring me in and not use me? What am I doing here? Veteran presence leadership?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 3: Come on, you got you got. I don't want I don't want to steal money. I want to earn what you're paying me.
Speaker 1: Hey, oh Joe, you know if we get older, you know your boy used to put the hammer down the baby put the hammer down on your No, I'll be sweating for no reason.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you know, Hey, it happens when you young.
Speaker 2: Hey, cleaning up the house. They washing a load of clothes. What damn y'all got that gotta hee?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm frawled. Hey, oh Joe, they got crime scene tape around me.
Speaker 2: I'm dead.
Speaker 1: They don't. They washed two loads of clothes. They up there cooking, they do it?
Speaker 4: What God day?
Speaker 3: Oh man?
Speaker 2: I though, I ain't the only way, y'all laughing, y'all know, I ain't only what chet I just say it. I mean, who lay it on y'all?
Speaker 3: Like who.
Speaker 2: It used to be? Like the load.
Speaker 1: The NFL announced today that over five hundred and forty two million dollars will be given to NFL players and performance based pay following the twenty twenty five seasons. The Performance base Pays program is collectively bargaining benefit. The compensates all players based on playing time in salary. Quarterback Naean Wright led the way one point four million dollars and in in performance bass play Ronnie Hickman one point three million. Offensive tackle who was just uh he was with Atlanta last year. I think it was with Arizona now. Elijah Wilkinson has one point three million dollars. They topped the list. As you can see the list right there, in front of you. So a lot of these guys are probably lower round picks. Oho, well, I mean on bargain contracts. Yeah, and they play a lot. They're playing seventy five eighty ninety percent of the snaps and this is what you get.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's that's a good thing too, because most of the guys that are getting these in the centives, they probably don't have big salaries. Huh not yet.
Speaker 2: No no no, no, no no no no no, no no no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is big, this is big for them.
Speaker 1: You look at Ronnie Hickman, undrafted Friedger, Elijah Alexander, the undrafted freedger, Nick Scott, seventh round, seventh round, seventh round, undrafted friedger, fourth round, fourth round, fourth round.
Speaker 2: Third round.
Speaker 1: Devin White was the first round pick, but that was in twenty nineteen, so he's not playing on a big contract.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, chat.
Speaker 1: Uh So if you look at the guys there, there's only one guy that's in the top fifteen that made that was a first round draft pick. Everybody else was between third round and an undrafted free agent.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a good little money. That's a good little money right there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think that came in like when I was like my last two years, though, Joe, you know I got a quick little huntres a little hunt or something.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on, wait, you gotta quick centives?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This this this cause I wasn't you know, I went back on a minimum contract. Okay, I just wanted to go back. I didn't want I ain't want to start. I didn't want to go to the Raiders. I didn't want to go to Seattle. That's too far. My kids were young. That was two thousand and two. So my kids have been ten and eleven and then gonna be traveling from Atlanta and to have my mom. If my mom would have had to fly down from Chicago pick the kids up, my sister have to pick.
Speaker 3: I'd say, nah, it's too much, it's too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my girl, my girls.
Speaker 1: Could my girlfriend could you know, fly down once stop go pick them up?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Nah, I had to think about the kids that it wasn't about me making Yeah. I could have made a little bit more money, but o, Joe, forget being a Pro Bow I'm trying to make the top twenty five based team.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you made the Pro Bowl, who look at this, man, I'm just looking at you.
Speaker 1: This money, they joked, joke, can make it, o Joe got one on top of your contract.
Speaker 2: He who at the top?
Speaker 1: Oh, Nashaun Wright, he made one point four, Okay, Rodney Hickman made almost one point three, Elijah Wilkinson almost one point three.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of self around draft picks in that thing. And undrafted yeah they were what two there were three undrafted free agents, three seventh round draft picks, and most of most of the other guys in the top fifteen.
Speaker 2: Were thirty fourth round picks.
Speaker 1: Like I said, only Devin White was a first round draft pick, and that was way back in twenty nineteen. So obviously he's not on that that type of a contract currently. He probably played on a minimum contract or slight slightly above minimum and plus incentives if he led the team in tackles, if he topped five top you know, led the league in tackles, or top of forloci, things of that nature.
Speaker 2: But congratulations, guys.
Speaker 1: Hey, now it's like, hey, n Sean Wright gonna get paid though he about to get hes gonna get a big contract.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he played, he played his tail off.
Speaker 5: He nice, be nice, Hey, we you know what now that were on the I wanna interject real quick now, yeah, on.
Speaker 3: The topic of we're on the topic of football, right, Yes, I have a question. The next topic is still football or be going on to something else?
Speaker 2: No, we're still talking football.
Speaker 3: Okay, just between real quick a chat. I need you to do me a favor. I need y'all to clip what I'm getting ready to say. My Wide Receiver Workshop is coming up, right uncle. Yes, I had all the young bulls last year. We're doing it in April because we don't want to interfere with obviously their vacation time, and obviously World Cup is gonna be here, so ain't no telling where people gonna be. And I need you receivers. I need you people in the chat. If you clip this at some point and make sure send it to him, I'm gonna send him their own formula invite, but I need him at the Wide Receiver Workshop. Jamar Chase and t Higgins they were here last year. Jayssin was here last year, Tyreek Hiell. Depending on where you at, I need you Courtland Sutton, Jerry, Judy, Jayden, Reed, Tank, the Elijah Moore, Ceedee Lamb. I don't bother you much. Come on home. Aman Ross, Saint Brown, Justin Jefferson, Malik Neighbors. I'm not sure how rehabits going. Please please, it'd be honor they have you come down with the fellas Man, Chris Godwin, Chris Olive, Mike Evan. If you're on the West coast, I will fly you back to the East coast. Your presence is needed. Nico Collins, Please, jayln Water, you're right down the street. Ain't no excuses. Aj Brown, Brian Thomas, Junior, Devonte Smith, George Pickens, huh, let's finish that conversation in person. Please pook in the cool Za Flowers, you're already here at home. Mike Wilson, Kean Coleman, Luthor Burdon, Roma Doonze, Xavier Legged. If there's anybody that I left off this list of receivers, I would like it my Wide Receiver workshop this year. You are welcome. I can't I can't say everybody's name, but please I beg of you. Just get the gether you.
Speaker 2: Receive it that you want to get better, go down to Joe's workshop.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on that please. That that's that's just that's just a list of names off the top of my head that I wrote down, and I look forward to seeing all y'all boys the formal invite, I'm i'm, i'm, I'm gonna send out to your agents. I know y'all got a lot of moving parts and moving pieces, but I look forward to seeing all y'all.
Speaker 1: There something that salary cap should take state tax into a count. The sparks comes from the trade that defensive tackle Osi or Digazua from the Cowboys and the tech in Texas where there's no state income tax, and he was traded to the forty nine ers in California where they have the highest state income tax. So you go from zero to thirteen point three percent. The real question is whether the teams should get morse to spend. Given there's more what's paid, it end up being taken off the state government. The numbers are significant. The salary cap in twenty twenty six is three hundred and one million point two dollars, So the DRAMs chargers in forty nine ers, where the thirteen percent bump would push the cap the three point forty one point two. So, in other words, so if you look at if you look at that, if you were to bump it down. So because the state taxes, that's eighteen percent. So if you make thirty million dollars, yeah, your contract is thirty million dollars instead of California. I'm to sam taking thirteen point three percent from before you even see it.
Speaker 2: That's state.
Speaker 1: So now when we kick that federal in there, which is thirty six percent, splitting your money fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: So you making thirty million, you making fifteen million.
Speaker 3: Ooh, that's nasty work, boy, that's nasty work. On what that West coast. If you play in New York, I think New York is like that too.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, I think New York, New York, New Jersey there around ten percent. You know, there's some states that's a little obviously a little higher than others. But if you want to play in Florida, you want to play in Texas, Outa, Ohio, Tennessee where there's no state income tax, Nlada, there's no state Arizona. I think it's like two percent. But then you know, most of the states are somewhere anywhere between you know, five, just say five and like it's California thirteen point three woo, and then California trying to even bump it if you higher, and for what what am I getting for?
Speaker 3: That? Crime?
Speaker 2: Is still bad?
Speaker 1: Homelessness? Oh excuse me, you can't say homelessness. The unhoused problem is still extremely bad. Oh try, I got We gotta be correct because people be carried calling in, try to get us, try to get us counseled. The unhoused community is is getting out of control. So we're gonna we're gonna be politically correct because we know y'all be clipping stuff and then y'all try to spend it.
Speaker 2: So this is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: We're gonna speak in only politically correct terms so we can avoid this foolishness. So the unhoused or the physically limited, which means the disabled community, that's what we're gonna do moving forward. Okay, Okay, No, you cannot say homelessness.
Speaker 2: You have to say unhoused.
Speaker 3: Hey I never knew that, huh.
Speaker 2: Well you know it now.
Speaker 1: I do, because trust me, I got people in my air constantly, constantly reminding shut up, this is what you can say.
Speaker 2: Shout.
Speaker 3: This is what you can't say, right, Okay, So I mean we don't we don't, we don't touch those topics.
Speaker 2: Too often.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, but you know, we we just be talking like, okay home, I mean, you know what, so we use the term n housed. You know, we talked to different I talked to different different demographics. I said, Okay, what is acceptable? What isn't acceptable? Had a conversation with Brad Williams, who is a uh a little person. You little person is correct? Also, dwarf, you can't say the M word?
Speaker 3: He said, Is that is that offensive?
Speaker 1: Dwarf?
Speaker 2: That is acceptable?
Speaker 3: Huh is that offensive?
Speaker 2: Yes? If you say the N word, it is offensive to them.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. I mean, okay, all right, I'm gonna leave that alone.
Speaker 1: So we just we just we we try to be as uh acceptable as we possibly can because uh, you know, like I said, Oh, Joe, you be surprised that we be talking and I get off and people don't clip some of the things.
Speaker 2: That I've said or what you've said and already got it posted.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, you know, I'm I've always had an unfiltered mouth. I've been this way since nineteen seventy eight. So normally when I say something, it's like, oh that's O Joe, Okay, next, Yeah, you're you're you're ye, yeah, but now you're you're more polished in that area and in some of the words you choose to use. I just been a partty mouth all my life.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the thing is is that you have to understand, like, Okay, when you're in the even when I'm in the barbershop, I don't know if I'm being recorded, so I always use politically correct terms.
Speaker 3: Damn, aren't they be recording the Bible?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: You know what I thought about? They got them glasses?
Speaker 2: What's some glasses called the meta? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, hey, yeah, I mean you got you gotta watch out for the meta glasses.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, you do. So that's so you just just be careful. Yeah they looking oh Joe Yo. Travis A.
Speaker 2: Chan Jr.
Speaker 1: Both your reporters on how to pronounce his last name. They were calling him Aten at Clemsond. But it's like Travis H. Chan Junior.
Speaker 2: Take a list of what he had to say.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it growing up Travis A.
Speaker 1: Chan.
Speaker 4: So it was like A C, H A and e uh. And that's how you always said Travis A.
Speaker 1: Chang.
Speaker 4: When I went to college, I kept telling my telling him my name like every day every day, every day, and like I was like four weeks they just couldn't get it. So I'm like, man, it's eat like, it's how you said, it is how you said uh so, and that's that's that's that's how that became. And it kind of took off because it was easy for the pronouncers to say I didn't have to just tell him I have to correct them every day to say my name. And just when I kind of just started learning more about my last name and how it came about things like that, he's just kind of stuck.
Speaker 2: It made sense.
Speaker 4: But uh, I'm very much open to being Travis Chan again, just uh being myself. I don't have to correct people here on how to say my name each and every day, and I kind of love that, and uh that's just uh just get get back to me.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute. So it's not Travis at En.
Speaker 1: Nope, it's a chaan. Because remember we had we had a Chan from the Dolphins. All Dolphins would ask him. I say, what's the correct pronunciation? It is like Jackie Chan, Yes, it's a chane in the same thing I'm a ten.
Speaker 2: It is pronounced a chan.
Speaker 3: Well, how did we come about that? What's the origin, what's the backstory on his name? Is it it for for it to be spelled the way it is pronounced completely?
Speaker 2: He's from New Orleans. You hear you hear the kind of like the creole.
Speaker 1: And when he got to Clemson, yes, they kept He told him what it was, but they it doesn't. It doesn't if you look at it in the way it's spelled, that doesn't look like it's it's just say a chan. It looks like it should say a ten. So they called him Travis at En Jr. And it's stuck and he didn't correct them.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Robbie Gold, Robbie Gold used to be the kicker for the forty nine. If they called you Robbie Good. When he was at Chicago, he said, you know, I know you guys have been calling me Robbie Goold for a while, but asking my nighb is Robbie Gold?
Speaker 3: Right? But why why he got the U in there? Then, bro, don't start me laughing. And that listen, that's that's pretty dope. That that's pretty dope.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to I'm sure to see Travis chan at some point, I would love to hear the backstory on the spelling and how you know his parents came about giving him that name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you know, like the guy from the The Nuggets, it's pronounce its spelled braun b r a u n, but it's pronounced.
Speaker 2: Brown, Christian brown.
Speaker 1: It's spelled it looks like it should be Christian braun, but it's pronounced Christian brown. So sometimes spelling and pronunciation doesn't.
Speaker 3: Go hand in hand. No not, you know, I know very well because that that's spellow sinko man, that's that's that's that's rough for me.
Speaker 1: So hopefully down there in New Orleans he's from that area, hopefully everything will get corrected and he'll be Travis.
Speaker 2: But that's what uh.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's that's what it is, O Joe. So he's correcting people, he says, hopefully. He says he doesn't think people have a problem pronouncing his name from because he's from that area. They're very familiar with that. I'm surprised it took him what five years to get that corrected. Yeah, uh, normally guys, you know, hey, they get that corrected as soon as possible.
Speaker 2: It's the hair is the pronunciation.
Speaker 1: Uh uh, I guess they started, but I guess they called him te because like DK is the quilling, but he goes by DK because it's so hard to say.
Speaker 2: So he's just call me.
Speaker 3: The quilling? What what's the case? What's the case the quilling?
Speaker 2: What DK is for the quilling? Metcalf?
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, I'm called I'm calling him that from now on, the quilling?
Speaker 2: Uh Abba.
Speaker 1: Brear wrote about the latest he's hearing on the Max Crosby future with the Raiders. Breer reported some of the fractured trust between Crosby and the Raiders was rebuilt organically last week when the team showed the five time pro bowler that it had his back and reaching out and offering him any help he needed after Ravers backed out. Uh, it won't hurt Clint kobeak effort to build a culture to have someone like Crosby. If Crosby buys in, and there's no reason to think that he won't, he has the potential to be what he's always wanted to be for the Raiders, a flag bearer and an agent of change.
Speaker 3: Hey, UK, it sound good. I love the words, right, But after a situation like that and a team ships you off or let you go, and they bring you back.
Speaker 1: How you been in trust? Look, we don't, Oh Joe. Some people saying that he told him that he wanted out. Some people say he never said that. They got an offer that they couldn't refuse two first round picks. They traded Michael Parsons for two first round picks more time than there's been a lot of players traded for two first round picks. So it should be a badge of honor that somebody thought enough of you that they were offering two first rounders, yes, for your services. Okay, things didn't work out, So guess what they brought him back? Yeah, we're happy to have you back, Oh Joe. Behind this, like I said, I don't know. I mean, you hear a lot of things. He wanted to go, he didn't want to go, blah blah blah. We don't really. I don't really know the extent. But I know this is that they got him back. Yeah, And if they tried to trade him again, he's not getting a first When somebody fails you on a physical it's hard to overcome back that.
Speaker 3: That that sucks too, the physical part. I mean that that sucks. I'm I hope he has a speed of recovery, gets back healthy and can do what he's always done, be dominant you know, at his at his craft. I'm hoping Kubiak and the rest of the organization has a hell of a plan not only with off season free agency, but the draft as well to continue to to build, uh what they need necessary to be able to compete in that division, because the Broncos have gotten better, the Chiefs have gotten better, and at some point the the Raiders are gonna have to catch up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, I mean it's look nobody want I mean being traded. It's always nice, you know. I was potentially traded a couple of times. It didn't happen. Almost got traded the Green Bay during the ninety nine season, ended up breaks collar.
Speaker 2: You I did you mean you coulda been with Brett Farr. Yeah, had I not broke my collar bone, and I would have been with Brett Farr.
Speaker 1: Almost got traded in the ninety five off season to Arizona for Eric Swan. Uh. The Broncos who was gonna give up their first round pick, which was number fifteen, ended up being John Mobley, myself and Mike Pritchard for X one that didn't go through, so and it's tough.
Speaker 2: It's like, damn, y'all really think y'all be better off without me?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I just went to the Pro Bowl Lo show, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That was my fourth consecutive Pro Bowl, two times. First I was two time All Pro in that span. That was like, yeah, you're good, but we'd be better without you. Damn, that's what I said.
Speaker 2: See, that's what exactly, That's exactly what I said.
Speaker 3: It's hard, listen. I'm glad Max is happy. Obviously in the media, in the public, they always gonna say all the right things, but for sure, but that it's just you already know how dirty this business is. Yeah, for sure. You guys have seen how this business operates many and many of times. Obviously, players they do what they can to say face by saying all the right things on camera, but behind closed doors they know how the game goes and it sucks. So I'm just hoping they do right by Max and he does. You know, he due diligence on getting healthy and getting back to doing what he does best.
Speaker 1: That's the number one thing, oh Joe, is to get healthy. Yeah, because we know he's healthy.
Speaker 3: He hell, hey for he the fourth to deal with?
Speaker 2: He he's the top five edge rusher.
Speaker 1: You know, hey, I ain't taking nobody over Miles Garrett because I think Miles Garrett is the best defensive playing football. And yeah, I can make a case he's the top five player in all of football regardless of position. Obviously, the quarterbacks hold a lot more valuable then a lot more value than any other position. But when you look at what Max, Max Robby, what Miles Garrett can do and to run tackle for loss, his pressures, he's second to none. But like you said, oh Joe, it's tough because it's almost like, oh Joe, we filed for divorce and then we'll come on back.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, I can't find nothing. I can't find nothing else out there. Hey, I can't find none us out car to find.
Speaker 1: Out you You you wouldn't, you wouldn't what he thought he was, but she would what you thought she would.
Speaker 2: So come on back and accept them.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Hey, after you can't trust after that man, So.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: But oh Joe, look at all the grades they traded Joe Montana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Cut Jerry, the cut in it. Come on, what we doing here?
Speaker 1: These these these new young players that that that that being released or being traded is beneath I could never You better go back and check some of the historically great players that have been cut and traded.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, it happens. Uh, they'll need to stop.
Speaker 1: Max crossboss Is said on this prodcast that he acted off the field the way he does on the field, he would be in prison. Crosby said, the second I put on my cleats and I'm across the line, I'm a different environment and I'm and I'm thinking about murdering everything in front of me. The second I'm off, I can turn it off just like that. And just because you have to. I can't be like how I'm on the field all the time or I be in prison. He's a perfect guy. He's a perfect guy.
Speaker 3: For the Yeah. I mean, listen, I said, I said red Hair.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's as he would be.
Speaker 1: He would be like the old Oh Cho the seventies Raiders when they had the Tuzak and oder sits drunk and all those guys Ben Davidson, Jack Tatum and.
Speaker 3: All those perfect you perfect. I said it before. I mean, I didn't think he wanted to be there. But if he is, I mean, they lose a huge piece of what their identity is. Mac Crosby is the identity. He represents everything that the Raiders are and always have been.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So I mean it was kind of weird, kind of weird to see him go, But I was also happy he went. I wasn't happy he went to the god damn Ravens, you know, But I mean, hey, listen, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: So if Tom Brady can change change teams, if Aaron Rodgers can change teams, yeah, if you think about the greatest players, the greatest players can change teams, what can Brady didn't finish your career? Peyton Manning got released? Yeah, y'all realize Peyton Manning got cut right.
Speaker 2: M VPS.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Adrian Peterson, emm it Smith, it happens. It's tough, it really is, because it's a blow to your ego.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: All these all pro teams out have made all these all these Pro Bowls, dp O Wise and m VPS and you saying, you saying that you you better without.
Speaker 3: Me, ye ay. And you know what the problem is too with those m vps with those defensive Player of the Years, with those Pro Bowls, and maybe add your Super Bowls to it as well. Yes, when I want to get that money off the books, huh. When I want to get that money off the books and you want to make somewhere, get some cheap. Now, I might not get the production you bring me, but I can get half the production and try to make up for it in other areas.
Speaker 2: When they get fed up, they fed up. It's really that simple. O yo.
Speaker 1: You see it eating one hundred million, the tour depending too down the sixty million dollars said, nah, you're gonna play for somebody else. It happens the greatest, from Randy the t o the Jerry. You're you're top threeceivers. So let's say, nah, we're good. It happens, and so I can understand, but you know you're happy that then you know what they wanted me back.
Speaker 2: So I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 1: I can I can get oh, Joe, you know what I can get over that? I can I can get over that. Yeah, they tell you it does because you think about what you think about what.
Speaker 2: You gave to Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: If Cincinnati, because it's like you were like, Okay, it's time for a change of scenery. But look at all what you had done to Cincinnati from the All Pros to the Pro Bowls. And they said, yeah, yeah, oh yo, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: I I kind of I kind of knew it was coming to though, and I understood it. The funny thing about it too. Don't get you know what I was.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I was very wise. Actually, while I was still playing the game, I understood the ben inside of it, understood understood the politics that came with it, which is why I played the game with such joy, like a little kid that I did, because I understood the benicide and I wanted nothing to do with that now. Honestly, when obviously the trade happened, I knew it was gonna happen because they were drafting a new quarterback. Yeah, they were drafting a new receiver, and that new regime was going to start, and they want they wanted to start, Frest want to start. Yeah, everybody else was. I don't want to. I hate using the word old, but we were up in age. We were up in age. So I understood that if if I could have, I would have loved to let Marvin Ma listen. I take a pay cut. I take a pay cut. Just put me in the slot. Put me in the slot. I aj Green do what he do on outside. And let me let me just if I could be a one Jersey team, if I could do it again.
Speaker 2: I would stayed.
Speaker 3: I would. I would definitely stayed. Yeah, I didn't even have a choice. I didn't even have a choice. I ain't get no phone called on nothing. Uh I think jew rosen House hit me and say, uh yeah, they shipping your black ass off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh Jo, I wasn't taking no.
Speaker 3: Pay cut, no hell, and let me let me see I WoT you.
Speaker 2: You have to understand I had taken I had taken left.
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't getting big signing bonuses, so they was really all my money was against the cap.
Speaker 2: So I was the highest paid right hold on.
Speaker 1: So seven consecutive Pro Bowls and an eight year span with five for with five all pros, And you want.
Speaker 2: Me to take a pay cut because I have I got.
Speaker 3: Injured, Okay, I think for me, the fact that.
Speaker 1: I take three hundred thousand dollars pay cut, right, that's all I give you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would have took a pay cut simply because when the football seam was over and had so many moving parts in the off season, so I was still It was like I was damn there working year round. So I wasn't a trip. Whatever I take a pay cut, and whatever I take whatever pay is cut in I would make an off seat anyway, So I really wasn't tripping. But obviously it didn't work out that way.
Speaker 1: But no, but look for the best. I'm glad I went to Baltimore. I got a chance to win another Super Bowl. I wanted without the umbrella of Denver, and people couldn't question, well, you wasn't gonna be that good if you hadn't played in Denver with Lway and Shanahan.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I get all of that, But look, I don't care who my teammates were. I was very successful that I was a part of three super Bowl winning teams, and I like to think I was an integral part on all of those. So people gonna try to take shots at your old shoe. What you did, this, you did that? Look who you played with? Okay, what y'all want me to do?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 1: I wish I had to play with Elway. I wish Mike wasn't my head coach. I don't think Brady. I don't know how Brady feels, you know, feels about h coach Belichick. But he'll never say he wished he would than his head coach, right, not after what they accomplished. And you know, sometimes you don't get along. Everybody don't get along. This notion that you think that everybody should get along, that ain't happening. Just like you don't get along. Go ahead, O Joe. Everybody don't get along at the job. Yeah, we saw that. We saw the Lakers, Hey, Chuck, we contend us. Yet all I know, we the third seed, third seed just took down the Rockets the ninety two. I saw that Luca had thirty six, six and four Lebron we had eighteen five and five. Oust Reeves had fifteen three and five. Marcut smart chip there with eleven DA gave us eleven rebounds with seven points.
Speaker 2: We got team points off the bench. We can roll with that.
Speaker 1: We can roll with that for either thirty three minutes from a Little Lightlifted. Little Lightlifted had the highest plus minus of anybody on the court tonight. But Lakas are playing well, They're playing some good basketball. They're playing some good basketball. Lucas Lucas Luca. He gets off to that heart start. I mean, now you.
Speaker 2: Kind of like at his mercy what Luca had tonight unk thirty six six and four, thirty six six and four.
Speaker 1: And there are two players right now in the league averaging twenty five and five, Joker, Joker gets who the other one is?
Speaker 3: Are you either Shay or Shay or Luca.
Speaker 2: Lebron? I think there's two players? H Shake gonna win the MVP.
Speaker 3: Not even not even close. Huh. Even the fact, even with the time that he missed, he's still gonna win it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he ain't missed.
Speaker 1: He missed over the a lot of games, so uh, and Joker can only miss one more game. So if he missed one more game, he cool. But if he missed two more games, he's out of the running. Is out of the running. So for me, it's Shaye, it's uh Yoke, it's a cad, it's uh JB, And it's Luca. Yeah, and Wimby and Wimby in Winby. But the Lakers get a big win tonight. They needed this. Uh, they start their road trip they got they got the same team again Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Oh, man. If I'm a head coach, I'm flying y'all ass back to LA.
Speaker 1: You think I'm gonna leave y'all down here Monday night, Tuesday night in Houston?
Speaker 2: Oh no, y'all got to go. O Joe.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if you had the Super Bowl in Houston? Now, I don't want to think about I would do. I would do my part a nightcap remote. I ain't showing up. You gonna be a You're gonna be a Houston by yourself if you do a bottle video conference.
Speaker 3: And if you don't show up, I ain't showing up.
Speaker 1: I said to be down there for oh Joe, Monday night, Tuesday night, Wednesday night, Thursday night, Friday night, getting up out of their sat oh yo for real?
Speaker 3: No, no, sir, No sir