Speaker 1: Second date update. Is there any way to do the math to figure out what type of person you're the most compatible with?
Speaker 2: That start with affectionate, multiply by heavy petting, subtract two blindfolds, keep one, divide with an overbearing.
Speaker 1: Mother, and oh, this is math.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: Now, You're going to die alone. Every time I try to calculate this, I keep coming up with the same answer.
Speaker 3: It's like time zero anytime you add the mother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, saying goodness, our listener, Justine found a different formula, and hopefully her results are better than mine, because apparently she's been single for a bit now. But Justine, how's the dating worlds going for you? Are you also reserving a burial plot for one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I could hear you. I can hear you laughing through the tears, So that's good. It's all right, Justine. But the funny thing is you're not alone in that.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of us are out there with you. But you said that you figured out some sort of mathematic formula to help you with your dating life. What was that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like this online test. You put in all the stuff that you care about, like your preferences and whatever for like finding a partner, and it supose we'll come back with like the percentage of men on dating apps who like fit those preferences.
Speaker 3: Oh really, so wait they also take the test thener, no, I think that it probably I'm guessing it's an algorithm that goes through and looks at their dating profiles. Is that how it works?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And so, like I started out like super basic. I was like, they have to have a job, they have to like not live at their parents' house, like have a car.
Speaker 1: Like, okay, well, standards are crazy on your end.
Speaker 4: I didn't put a single thing that was physical like height or anything, and it came back with less than one percent of men.
Speaker 1: A car, a job.
Speaker 4: Truly?
Speaker 3: Oh my okay, so you weren't feeling positive I'm guessing at that.
Speaker 5: Number or you know that's like very bleak.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I like after all of that, ended up meeting this guy named James, like just in a coffee shop.
Speaker 1: Oh didn't even need the dating apps.
Speaker 3: She ran into the one percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's funny, like the irony, how did that interaction happen?
Speaker 4: I literally was just sitting down and I was like scrolling and he comes up to me and he's like, are you accepting applications? And I'm like, oh, I'm sorry, I don't work here. Like I thought he was like applying at the coffee shop.
Speaker 1: Okay, were you wearing like an apron or something?
Speaker 5: No, I guess I just like looked like I was.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Or you're a manager. You know sometimes you walk into a restaurant or something you see a manager working.
Speaker 1: Good point, yeah, responds to him. When he asked about applications, I was like.
Speaker 5: Oh, sorry, I don't work here, and he was like, no, no, like to be your boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, it was all mine. Okay did you like that?
Speaker 5: I mean I thought it was funny, but he like fully went along with it, and he was like, listen, I brought my resume. I've got like my history and experience and he legitimately like pulled out a piece of paper.
Speaker 3: Wait what he had a dating resume?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh, I have to know what was on it or is it a move that he pulls on women all the time. And he has twenty quote unquote dating resumes in his pocket to hand out whenever he.
Speaker 4: Sees someone cute kind of like the real world of getting a job.
Speaker 3: I mean, is she liked the resume?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 3: How many other people like what was on it?
Speaker 4: You know, like basic stuff like he likes going to games and hiking.
Speaker 5: Like he was like, yeah, if you want to set up an interview, you can just like I called the number and I was like, why don't you.
Speaker 4: Just sit down now when I can interview you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Great response?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was really nice, like he turned out to be an awesome guy. He like offered to literally venmo me for the coffee that I'd already bought.
Speaker 1: Guy, you look poor here. You probably need this.
Speaker 3: What was the hardest boyfriend interview question that you asked him?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so I've actually like done interviews at my real job. So I was like, okay, I'm just gonna pull some of these. And I was like, what's one thing you don't want me to know about you? Dude?
Speaker 3: He is so not prepared for the day.
Speaker 1: I would hate that question to be asked to me on a first day. But did he have an answer for you?
Speaker 5: He did, and it was like it was like ready made. It's like he expected it and he legitimately said, I pry when I watched the Matrix because I'm scared about the future.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I don't think that was prepared.
Speaker 3: I feel like that was honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was so scared. There's no way he just thought of that. How did you feel about that response?
Speaker 5: Honestly, it's he was really funny and it was really clever, and like because it was so quick.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, no, you're serious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a red flag to you that he thinks the matrix is actually going to happen in the next few years.
Speaker 4: Have had so many worse answers. He said, yeah, that is so much better than anything.
Speaker 5: Okay, So anyway, at the end, he's like, today I get the job, and I was like, well, we probably should set up.
Speaker 4: Like a second interview.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 4: Then I definitely got the job, and we kind of like left it off there and it was funny and we laughed and then he like never called me again. What I like texted him made jokes about like, hey, we need to set up your second interview, and it was just silence.
Speaker 1: Nod you guys cancer anything or like hug was her physical viouce? Yeah, like a normal job interview.
Speaker 6: Yes, a job.
Speaker 3: It doesn't like a transition.
Speaker 1: How do you think I got hired?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean that is strange though, because he's the one that approached you. He's the one that did the line like why wouldn't he.
Speaker 1: But she's the one that took it to the next level that actually made him sit down for it. He probably thought it was a smooth line and was going to back away.
Speaker 5: So he literally was the one asking like, did I get the job?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He just wants the ego boost offer the company gives you.
Speaker 7: Isn't good.
Speaker 4: He's got to put in.
Speaker 3: Two weeks at his last job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's clearly a lot of options on the table. We're gonna find out for sure what happened when we come back and call James to do your second date update. Right after this second date update. Is there any setting more romantic than a job interview?
Speaker 3: It shouldn't be romantic.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Broke. You're dressed all nice, You're talking about your biggest strength and your greatest weaknesses. All of a sudden, what comes out of your pants? Oh god, a resume? Would you look at that? I just happened to have that on.
Speaker 3: Me, No wonder, it's so warm.
Speaker 1: That's actually kind of what happened to one of our listeners who met a guy recently. It wasn't an official job application, but some dudes saw at a coffee shop and asked, hey, are you taking boyfriend? Application? Is so smooth and he even had a resume in his pants. That's why it's.
Speaker 3: Even smooth pocket okay or who knows where it was.
Speaker 1: We don't know either way. It's kind of sus that he just carries that around waiting to whip out to any cute girl, if that's what he does. But we don't know that I have done this just for the day.
Speaker 3: He's putting some effort in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it did work, and he got to sit down with her for a little interview slash mini first date.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the end he said he was definitely going to call her, and according to her, he definitely didn't. Ah, So I think we're all a little bit concerned that this little shtick he's doing is working too well, and maybe he's applying to multiple boyfriend positions all throughout the city.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of openings.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a lot of Yeah, Justine, if this turns out where he actually does this all the time and meets hundreds of women this way, How could we make him remember you?
Speaker 1: And have you stand like, how do we identify you? Or do you still even want to go out with him?
Speaker 4: At that point, I'm curious to hear what he has to say. But yeah, I was wearing a green romper, I have red hair and glasses.
Speaker 3: Okay, cute, Okay, Like you are the only one who sat him down and actually gave him like a legit interview.
Speaker 1: That's like, how could he remember you? Yeah? All right, so we'll see if he does remember you and what he asked to say? James's phone number?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 1: Here we go? Hello, Hey, we're looking for James.
Speaker 6: H Yeah this uh?
Speaker 1: Where we we are a radio show?
Speaker 6: Jeff?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 1: What you first word?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Thanks for putting on all my flows in front of every.
Speaker 3: Day you know, if you were interviewing job.
Speaker 1: You're calling on behalf of our boss, Justine and apparently you applied for the position of her boyfriend role recently. Oh okay, yeah, do you remember that interview?
Speaker 3: Do you remember that interview?
Speaker 6: I mean I I remember a few of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, I mean we expect.
Speaker 1: That we heard about the move that you pulled on our listener where you walked up to her and you like had a resume and asked if there was a boyfriend opening. Is that something that you've done a lot?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've done that a good amount.
Speaker 1: Can I guess how many times? Is it two hundred times?
Speaker 6: I don't know about two hundred.
Speaker 3: I want to know the success rate? How many of those turn into a date?
Speaker 6: They do sometime. I've definitely met some interesting people, Okay.
Speaker 1: I am curious about that before we get to like Justine specifically, Like, what are some of the quirky things that you found out while trying this on other people? Before?
Speaker 6: I mean, there was this one girl who was an extreme coupon her Oh whoa I've never met before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's interesting. They call them cheap skates, but yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 6: There was another girl who kept talking about alien abductions, so that was really interesting.
Speaker 3: Was that a turn on for you? I'm curious, like, it sounds like you're just meeting people to meet weird people. Are you actually looking for supting in this?
Speaker 6: You know, I don't really know what I'm looking for, to be honest. It's just it's proven to be a great way to meet people. Might people really responded.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're looking for a girl who wears a green romper to a coffee shop and has bright red hair, and it just tells you to sit down for the interview right away when you ask.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, thank god you told me what she was wearing, because that I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I didn't ask you to sit down for the interview to the aliens.
Speaker 1: But so now you remember Justine?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I remember Justine. Here's the thing. I do this a good amount, and it's just, you know, it's all over the place the reactions that I get. But Justine's was like she was really quick with it, and she was she was different. I'll be honest. That kind of freaked me out, it did.
Speaker 3: I didn't know how to respond because she beat you at your own game essentially.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, yeah, pretty much, But.
Speaker 3: That seems like it'd be a turn on.
Speaker 1: Men don't like to be outsmart.
Speaker 3: I was just kidding, how do they ever meet anyone?
Speaker 1: How did you feel talking to Justine like that? Were you scared of her?
Speaker 6: You know? Yeah, honestly, I just I never take this thing seriously. It's just it's just sort of a gimmick and she for the first time, I felt like, Wow, this really could be something.
Speaker 3: You can't let your own insecurity stand in the way that you want someone who challenges you, who makes what's your hold up?
Speaker 6: Then I guess I'm just not used to that. I've never never had that happen for So.
Speaker 1: You finally found her and you're like, what do I do?
Speaker 3: That's why you're single?
Speaker 1: Man, Like you don't know how to move forward now that you realize you actually like her.
Speaker 6: Kind of like she might she might just be quicker than me.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I think she is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's terrifying.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I appreciate the honesty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, if you think that's terrifying, just wait till you hear that she's actually been listening to this conversation the entire time. It is on the other line right now.
Speaker 6: Serious scary.
Speaker 1: Justine's trying not to scream.
Speaker 6: Hey Justine, come on, James.
Speaker 5: You were like I thought we had like a banter.
Speaker 6: We did we did? It freaked me out. I've never had a dance.
Speaker 4: Oh, you have every right to be like confident and witty and like the guy that I met could like play ball, like he could play chess, and I feel like you're just like afraid of that. But honestly, you you kept up in the conversation great like it was. I really enjoyed our conversation and I'm a little sad, but like now you're like backing out.
Speaker 6: I mean I'm not backing out. I'm just sort of like frozen, not not sure what to do.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, this is positive.
Speaker 1: Now I need to dethaw you and get you back into action.
Speaker 3: What did I picture popping in a microwaves?
Speaker 1: Got to do? She liked your energy when you first met, so just bring that back and talk to her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I I can definitely do that.
Speaker 1: More confident than that though, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Justine, I would like that.
Speaker 1: Like if we get the still late it sounds kind of timid to me.
Speaker 4: Start, Can you try to say it a little more assertive?
Speaker 1: It's some flair on a James.
Speaker 6: Justine, let's do this, all right, let's do this.
Speaker 3: I mean I thought you guys were going to talk right now.
Speaker 6: I thought, well, not in front of you, dude.
Speaker 3: You can't ask for interviews. You can't apply to be people's boyfriends and then not.
Speaker 1: It's like you put on your application, but you have no show it to us.
Speaker 5: The thing I think you do.
Speaker 4: Have, riz, I think you're just afraid of messing up, and it keeps you from being bold.
Speaker 6: Like you did. You got in your head, I think. So. When there are no steaks, it's easy. But now that there's steaks, it's different.
Speaker 1: That's actually well, that's true. There will be steaks if we pay for them, because we will offer to send you to a steakhouse.
Speaker 3: Really, our gift cards cover this.
Speaker 1: And it's going to be an Apple.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought we were going to Sizzler, but.
Speaker 1: We'd like to send you guys out on one more date that we would pay for if you're not too afraid, James.
Speaker 6: Come on, James. Yeah that.
Speaker 1: I feel like if we didn't call and push you into this, then this date never even would have happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean we don't know that.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel okay because Justine, you're still okay with it.
Speaker 4: I am open to a second interview, but he honestly sounds like pretty different, a lot more timid. So we'll just have to see how a less rehearsed interview goes.
Speaker 3: Okay, was the first one just to show or is it really who he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you find out in a real world experience. I'm doing the dating math on this, just like Justine did originally, and I'm saying, this relationship is probably at a five percent chance right now, going to give it. Yeah, that's good unless he says something really smooth right now.
Speaker 6: I got nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a chance. Good lucky guys. It's broken Jeffrey in the morning. Brooking Jeffrey in the morning. Does anybody think they're actually going to meet up for a date or did this whole experience just lower his confidence even more? I think we broke him.
Speaker 3: I think he broke himself. I love this a guy who's saying I'm handing out boyfriend applications but doesn't actually want a relationship. Yeah, I'm like, why why.
Speaker 1: He's literally all talk And there's a lot of people that go into something with just their first move planned and that's all that you have rights exactly.
Speaker 3: But it's such an elaborate first move, it's so good, Like why not be in? I hope they go out again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why do? I feel like there's going to be a whole lot more copycat resume guys out there now?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 1: All trying to apply for the open boyfriend position. Luckily for you ladies, I don't know how to make a resume. Actually, Brooke, there's a lot of text coming in at seven eighty five nights too, asking if you have any open positions.
Speaker 7: Awful her husband and Roy right now.
Speaker 1: We'll keep you posted on that, but yes.
Speaker 3: Very much, Sonny are great over here.
Speaker 1: Make sure to email in if you ever want some help with your dating life. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go. Check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brook and
Speaker 3: Jeffrey Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning