Speaker 1: Shoot your shot on Prize Fix and get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollar lineup. That's right, Prize Picks is now giving you fifty dollars in lineups when you sign up and play your first five dollars. Prize Picks make every dunk, every dive, every board more exciting, So don't miss this chance to get started on America's number one app for sports.
Speaker 2: Pick.
Speaker 1: It's peak basketball season and you already know more points, more threes, more assist. It's go time, baby. Find your community on Prize Picks. With new social feed features, you can share prize picks with your friends in copy lineup from winners with a single click. Copy lineups you like or use them as inspiration for your own picks. You can even follow Prize Picks partners like us and tell a fade i picks with just one click get in on the action. That Prize Pix is now available in all fifty states, including California, Texas, Florida, and Georgia. Prize Picks is simple to play. Just download the prize pick at today. Use cod Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's code Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup, prize fixed. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know who I am. I'm your favorite UNC. There's my partner in co host, Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame honoree before. I'm a pro bowler and an All Pro. He's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson and the third member of the Big Three, a seven time NBA All Star, a Little Rock Arkansas native, a Universe of Arkansas alum known as Iso Joe Johnson Joe Baby was having it slow motion, Bettle of no motion, stay in motion. Hey, please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from, each and every one of you, Each and every one of us at the Nightcap family would like to thank each and every one of you that have subscribed, that watch, that have talked about, that have watched us, that have retweeted something that we've done, because none of this at nightcap is possible without you. You make this possible. O Joe and I and Joe can tell stories all we want. But if no one is watching, is nobody's laughing, If nobody's entertained, informed or educated, it doesn't mean anything. So we sincerely thank you from the bottom of our hearts. So thank you again for your support. Those look at the Purchase a battle of Shave by Lapotier head over to La Potiercangnac dot com if it's currently unavailable any state or sitting near you here. It's a premium vessel p Kangnac, the smoothest, best tasting vessel pe cognact on the market.
Speaker 2: Just try it.
Speaker 1: Compare it against other Kangnacts you may have had or you're looking to try. I guarantee you Shave by Laportier is the smoothest, best tasting cognac on the market. Please please rate responsibly and stay safe. Donovan Mitchell and Evan Mobley helped the Cavaliers hold off the Hawks one twenty two one sixteen. Donovan Mitchell scored thirty one points. Evan Mobley almost had a twenty twenty game. He had twenty two points. And tied their career high with nineteen rebounds. James Harden chipped in with twenty one points. The Cavs have won fourth straight and seven of eight. Cleveland fifty one and twenty nine, can finish no lower than fourth place in the Eastern Conference, and they're currently a half game behind the Knicks for third. The Hawks have dropped two of the two have dropped their last two after winning fourth straight. They're one game ahead of Toronto for the fifth seed, and but only one of a half game in front of Orlando to avoid the playing Eastern Conference. I don't know if you guys can see it, but Detroit is comfortably in front. They're three and a half games in front of the Celtics, so they're fifty eight and twenty two. The Celtics are fifty four and twenty five. The Knicks are fifty one and twenty eight. The Cavaliers are fifty one and twenty nine. Hens the half game back, the Hawks are forty five and thirty five. Toronto is forty four and thirty five, The Magics are forty four.
Speaker 2: And thirty six. The Sixers are forty three and thirty six.
Speaker 1: Charlotte is forty three and thirty seven, and the Miami Heat are forty one and thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Joe, what's going on with y'all?
Speaker 3: Oh man, we just had a little bump in the roll again, Oh Joe. I thought we played a great game tonight. We scored enough points, great playoff ball game, great playoff atmosphere.
Speaker 2: We just couldn't come up with the win. Man.
Speaker 3: I thought we had a lot. We had what seven guys in double figures, So it was a pretty good game. I thought we was actually gonna pull away. You know, we were playing great ball at one point, and then you know, Donovan just kind of took over the game. But I think if we end up playing the Calves, if the Hawks end up playing the Calves in the playoffs, it'll probably go seven games.
Speaker 2: Fellas. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 1: I mean, Joe, you guys, you mentioned you had seven guys in double figure all five of your starters. Nikhil Xanda Walkers still walking is still playing unbelievable twenty five points on ten or nineteen shooting, But you got thirty off the bench for thirty minutes. Kaminga gave you eleven of twenty twenty four points when you get that.
Speaker 2: Kind of offering production.
Speaker 1: I mean, you shot forty eight percent from the floor, you're right there with the rebounding. You gotta Those are the games, Joe, And we've seen this before. The last couple of games, is that you guys have a lead because you led a lot of this game and then, like you said, Donovan ended up taking the game over late in the ball game. But these are the type of game these are These are actually playoff type games, because these are the type of games that you're gonna be involved with more times than not. The likelihood of your your starters being out a midway through the third quarter or to sit there in tire fourth quarter, that's not gonna happen very often. You might get one of those games, if you're fortunate enough to make it all the way through the NBA Finals, you might get one game where your starters get the rest for the entire fourth quarter. Other than that, it's gonna be clutch time. Possessions matter, turnovers matter, And so I think that the and.
Speaker 2: I know the Falcons had to excuse the Facons.
Speaker 1: The Hawks had this great stretch Joe, where they had won like twelve thirteen in a Row. The last thing that you want to do is kind of like tail slide going into the playoffs. You want to kind of keep that same momentum going. You don't want to win thirteen and then lose your last four and then get into the playoffs and find yourself You was probably right there at the fourth seat and now all of a sudden you find yourself in the playing That wouldn't be good for them.
Speaker 3: Now, I think we're gonna pick it up, you know, understanding what's his stake and where we're at in the standings and how close and tight of a race it is, I think we'll pick it up. Look, Jalen Johnson ain't gonna he ain't gonna go four for sixteen every night.
Speaker 2: You know, you know he didn't.
Speaker 3: He didn't have a great game, but we were still in the game tour, we still had a chance to win. He filed out that, he filed out, Daniels filed out. So I think we can take some positives from this. Now, it's Cleveland a great team. Yes, they have two games, actually three game changes uh En Hardened, uh Mobley.
Speaker 2: And Mitchell, So they gonna be it's gonna be tough to beat. Them.
Speaker 3: But I think we got the squad they can do it. Like I said, I think if we if we, if we end up playing the Calves, I do think this would be a seven game series because it's fairly even if you really pay attention to the game.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I thought the Hawks mucked it up on the road. We just couldn't come up. We just couldn't come up with the big plays down the stretch to get us over the hump. But we had guys who stepped up. Look, Kaminga played a hell of a game. I thought. Gabe Benson came in and gave us some great minutes as well. And that's what you need. He was doing me a collective team effort.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: For to to be able to win on the road in the playoffs, you got to be a great playoff team. Okay, oh Joe, you have to win games on the road. You're gonna have to win at least one game on the road.
Speaker 1: Especially if you don't have home Now, if you have home court, you can you can just win all your home games, be straight. But when you do that, you have no margin forever because if somebody you mess right to have an offshooting night and somebody gets you and you're not a really good role team because you're right, Joe. At some point time, look at or Okay, see they had to win a game on the road.
Speaker 2: They are against it. Think about it again, Denver.
Speaker 1: Denver got a game in order for them to get keep it going, they had to go steal a game back. I think Indiana. I think Indiana stole a game from them. They had to go to Indiana and steal a game back. So you're absolutely right. Great teams, Look, you're not gonna be up here all the time, no matter how roudy your crowd are, no matter how much you love playing at home, you're gonna have a slip up. But you're gonna have to find a way to win a game on the road. And so the Hawgs, like you said, Jalen Johnson, did not play well. They had a couple of guys that had twelve points and that those are guys, like I said, Walker's been playing out of my mind. You got twenty four plus points from a kamingo who played unbelievab off off the bitch. You got thirty seven bench points, Joe, When you get that kind of production, because you're not used to getting that kind of production.
Speaker 2: You got a capitol, man, you.
Speaker 3: Got I agree, and uh, you know, I know uh uh our coach he does a great job. He does a great job and making adjustments. And yeah, coach Quinn, he makes he does a great job and making an adjustments. So we still got a few games left. I don't want us to get in that playing so we need to we need to take care of business here at home. Uh Friday, I think we play here. I actually think we play Cleveland again. Yeah, so that's gonna be a hell of a game. That's gonna be like a Game seven. That's gonna be playoff atmosphere, and I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: Man, it should be a phone.
Speaker 1: You want to stay in the five spot and hey, guess what and play Cleveland in the first round h five matchups? Right, But Quinn Snyder, you know how to look here. You coach Donovan mitched for another year. You know how to deal with it, and you know what he's more than doing. So you better find a you better, you better turn it light out. If you don't, we've seen him score seventy of the game. We've seen him have playoff games where you get fifty seven, him and Jamal Murray going back and forth. He gets fifty seven, Jama comes back with a fifty. He comes back with a fifty piece. Hey, he's a guy that can get hot. Oh yo, but there you do it. You can't hear me, I hear you now? Oh yeah, I'm right here. I'm right here. Just scream with y'all. Hey, listen, listen. Where you look at Jobley? You look at Evan Mobley?
Speaker 3: I mean hell, he had nineteen rebounds, twenty two points. My thing is when you when you play Cleveland, you got to cut one of them big three off, like okay, James Harden may he may get his, Mitchell may get his, But you can't let Evan Mobley, you know, be a game changer like he was tonight.
Speaker 1: You can't do it. Yeah, you gave up thirty. We gave up thirty one to Mitchell. You gave up twenty one to Harden James and shoot, well, Mitch was sensational. Mitch had was twelve. He turned it on, so you can you Yeah, and you got vid Mobley was eight or fifteen, And like you said, Joe, he gave it twenty two and nineteen almost a twenty twenty game. And then you got Jared Allen. You know, Jared Allen's gonna be official because all he's gonna do is rim run. He's gonna get lobs, he's gonna get put backs, he's gonna get tippions. So you're not really running an offense for him, but you gotta keep him up past and I thought you I just feel like the Hawks. I feel like we got more talent than Cleveland, Like we got more guys who we can depend on that's gonna play pivotal minutes and play huge in those minutes versus Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Cleveland gonna rely on Donovan and Hardened to carry the lower Yeah. You know, you know Evan Mobley, he gonna give you a ten point game, a rebound, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like, he ain't gonna be He ain't gonna be doing it like this every night. Yeah, I don't expect you know that. I don't expect that either. I think the question is Joe is that?
Speaker 2: And now?
Speaker 1: And plus we know Harden has his playoff pickups. He's had him everywhere he's been, even when he was the sixth man in OKC. Go back and look at that game look at some of those games that he had against Miami, go back and look at Houston, go back and look at Philly. We've seen him have a fifty point game and do go crazy against Boston and then you're.
Speaker 2: Like, bro, what that happened?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Happen right?
Speaker 1: So you know hey, and he has the record for the most turnovers in the postseason game, which is I think it's fourteen, twelve or fourteen. So we know what James Harden, there's a great chance that he'll have one of those games that leaves you scratching your head. You're like, God, damn, I don't know that he has one of those games. And he's had one of those games everywhere he's been. There's not one. There's not one stop on James harden resume where he hasn't had at least one of those games in the postseason.
Speaker 2: That you like, God damn. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think when you look at Quinn, he ain't gonna let James just play free like he was tonight. I know he missed a lot of shots, but it's gonna be a lot of trapping making him get that ball up and we're gonna make some of these other guys make some plays versus you know, versus letting James go one on one, let Donovan go one on one. We're gonna see what some of these other guys can do.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yes, I think the problem that you run into like, okay, you give the ball up. Now, you do realize he's probably gonna give that ball up. He probably go give that ball up to Mitch. Now, Mitch, you come to trap Mitch, He's gonna swing it to one of those bigs. Now you gotta dump by Mobile or you gotta dump by Allen. That's the problem that you're because they're one of the few teams that play traditional they play two bigs. They play basically play two seven footas Evan Mobley and Jared Allen. Only okay, see really plays like that now them Okay see, nobody really plays like that. Everybody else got guys that you know that can play multiple positions. Those are two conventional They play eighty nineties style basketball, and so the problem that you're having to beat you up on the glass too. You gotta be real careful because like you said, Mobley had nineteen to night. You know, Jared Allen, Capa will give you a twenty twenty game, and he'll give you twenty points when you don't run not one offensive set for him.
Speaker 2: He'll get them on lobs, put back and rip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they don't scare me though. I'm gonna be honest with y'all. The Calves don't scare me. I feel like I feel like we'll take care of home court, whether we're the lowest seed or not. And I feel like we can go in Cleveland and still one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still one. We can go. And I know we can go in Cleveland and still one. This is a playoff game tonight.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: We were right in the game. We was up by nine, ten points, say one point. I looked up, Yes, sit damn how we get down by nine? But you know we end up fighting back, getting back in the game. You know, CJ. I feel like CJ. McCullum is gonna be a guy who you're gonna be able to rely on in the postseason. Ojo to where if we do get a little plant and stagnant offensively, he's a guy who can go out and get it. He's he understands, you know, who needs to touch the ball where the ball needs to go and being poised and patience, you know, understanding that he's been in these situations before and he thrives in him and he knows you know, this is a pointing year for CJ. Because I'm sure you know CJ would love to come back to Atlanta and play with the Hawks, you know what I mean, Like he gonna be a free agent at the end of the year. So I look forward to him, you know, having a huge playoff series against whoever we play in that first round.
Speaker 1: But if you look at some of your key contributors that you're really expecting to give you valuable minutes, you look at Dyson Daniels, he was five of eleven. Uh, CJ was six or sixteen. Jalen Johnson was four of sixteen. Mm hm, I need, I need, I need a look because because you did get great production out of Congo, you got great production out of Walk and you got great production out of Kamingo, they shall a very high percentage and for those guys, your key guys to struggle like they struggle tonight, Like like you said, I don't expect Jalen Johnson, I don't expect c J to have that kind of uh dictor Daniels didn't. I mean, he only took eleven shots. He's five or eleven, so you can live with that. But I just think the thing is like c J and and and uh Jalen Johnson, they're gonna have They're gonna have. One of those guys is gonna have to shoot a high percentage. You can't have two guys because the congru Congoo is getting dump.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did take two. He getting too. But he's a rim runner. He's a big that can run the rim.
Speaker 1: You can throw him lobs, you know, you guys break down the defense and get to the hole and throw it up and he can finish it for you. So you're not It's not like you just running a whole lot of sets for him. He's not a big that you run sets for. He's not in bed, he's not a yo kitch.
Speaker 2: He's not win.
Speaker 1: But he's not a guy that you're actually running sets for. Bro, you got to get your you got to get it.
Speaker 3: But like you said, Jalen Johnson and CJ didn't play well today, Uncle Ocho. But look, man, we only lost by six points. Ain't like we got blew out by twenty and thirty. You know what, I mean, then you had the drawing board, Like, damn, I don't know what we can do. You know, we only lost by six points, and those guys didn't play great at all, So I don't expect that from them. You know, come Friday night here in Atlanta, I bet you it'll be a totally different game.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, it better be y'all going to behead, y'all ask to the player. Kate Cunningham returned with a double double as the Pistons routed. The Bucks won thirty seven to one eleven. Kate thirteen points, ten or sixs. In his return from injury. Kate hadn't played since sustaining a collapsed lung in a win against the Wizards on March seventeenth. He appeared comfortable, playing twenty six minutes in short stints tonight. Jalen Duran had twenty one points nine rebounds.
Speaker 2: JB.
Speaker 1: Bickerstaff kept all five starters under thirty minutes. The Pistons won for the six time in eight games. Well, I mean, hell, he could have paid him one of twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: He played the box. They and turmoil right now? Did the boy ain't no more people? People?
Speaker 1: People got people got the deer head on the wall. Don't nobody feel the deer no more?
Speaker 2: He yo?
Speaker 1: You remember right right? Hell well, y'all got y'all got Bullwinkle over.
Speaker 3: Kate didn't even have to play tonight the way the way the Piston has been playing. They i mean, the Bucks got so much turmoil going over there.
Speaker 2: They didn't need k tonight.
Speaker 3: But I'm sure they tried to get him acclimated before the postseason started.
Speaker 1: To get him run. You got to get him some run, Joe. You don't want that man go into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: That lungs already.
Speaker 3: But they got so many they kind of they similar to the house too, because they got so many guys who they can throw at you in waves, you know what I mean. Guys played pivotal minutes throughout the season because k was out, you know, they were still able to still keep that that that that number one seed in the Eastern Conference. So that lets me know, man, they got Look, they got guys who can come off the bench and get to their chicken. Oh, Joe, the Pistons gonna be tough, man. They hang their head on defense, and they got a game change in k. They gonna they they're gonna be in good.
Speaker 1: Shape and you look, I think that a key for them, Joe is that come playoff time. How consistent can Duncan Robinson in her hand shooting the three?
Speaker 2: How can because we've seen Duncan Robinson catch fire with the heat and we've seen her you.
Speaker 1: Know where at rifle what he was in Atlanta, We've seen him in Sacramento, uh, in Chicago, so we know where he's capable. Can can they keep everybody on it from packing lane? Because because ca is gonna try to break down your defense. Now if you try to somebody saying help, I'm gonna kick it to one of those guys. And can They knocked down the three? But I agree with you. You know, He's like, look, it ain't gonna take much for us to beat them. They don't quit. Let's go ahead, Let's go ahead and help him finish quitting. Let's jump on their asser.
Speaker 3: And they they tried to get you the Pissons. I'm gonna tell you out man, that Hornets team they scary, okay Ojo and oh man, if they get that a seed and you playing against the Pistons, playing the Hornets, hey man, I don't know if the I don't know if the Hornets can beat them, but I think they could.
Speaker 2: I think they'll make it. They're scared of the hell out of the make it very interesting they make seven games. I don't know if they'll make it seven Ojo.
Speaker 3: But I just like the Hornets, man, because they played great basketball. They play together, and if LaMelo can continue to play at this megastar level that he's been playing in for like the past month or two, man, they gonna be tough to beat.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: They got so many guys who could score the ball. They play the right way, they play hard, they gritty defensively. So they're a scary team, you don't. I mean, they are ascending. They've been ascending since about the new year, probably since about January February. So it ain't there ain't no team who you want to see, Bro. I watched them play against Boston other night. I think it was last night. If I mistaken, and they had control of the whole game and ended up losing, you know, in the second half. But for the most part, man, they can hang with anybody.
Speaker 1: The way they shoot the three, they're gonna get a bunch of them up and in that stretch that you was talking about Joe. In two months, a lot of them was falling. You go back and look and they were twenty or forty three. There was twenty five of this and they had I was like, well, damn, because you got Mellow, can go get you thirty on a given night? Love you thirty on a given night? Miller, you got Miles, you got Ridge and Bridges, So you got you got what?
Speaker 2: What? What? What goes my guy coming off the bench from Chicago? Uh uh oh? Kobe White? Yeah got yeah.
Speaker 1: So they got guys they they like you said, I don't know if they can beat them, but they can scare the hell out of them. They go like, damn, I sure we wouldn't have to play them in the first round, and and and and they're just young enough and not even enough you know any better?
Speaker 2: There you go, at you there you go.
Speaker 3: See when you don't understand the magnitude of the games because you rely on a few rookies, you know what I mean? Like anything can happen, bro, Like, look, I love konkok Nipple. He ain't just no spot up three point shooter. I've seen him going to dribble, shoot the mini, get to the basket like. They got a lot of guys, man, who can beat you in many different ways. You know, the Hornets have been a fun team to watch, they have, they have.
Speaker 1: But I'm glad to see I'm glad to seek back. I think it might be a little bit too late. I don't think he's gonna be able to qualify for any of the awards.
Speaker 2: H I mean, he's all out, damn.
Speaker 1: I mean he last played, he got injured against the Wizard on March seventeenth, and here he is coming back today. It's the eighth So he's a couple of that, you know, basically a couple of that short of being out a month. So I think he's probably missed too many games to be because I think he's gonna be a first He was gonna be a first or second team, no question.
Speaker 2: Now that's out of the equation.
Speaker 1: And what that does, O Joe and guys, we're gonna have probably two guys that miss it.
Speaker 2: And man, so that's three guys.
Speaker 1: So guess what that does, Guys, that brings somebody that wasn't gonna make it, that moved somebody from second team to first team, somebody from third team to second team, and that takes somebody three guys that weren't gonna be make it, they're gonna make it. And guess what that does. That puts them in line for a max or super mix contract.
Speaker 2: By the time. So here's the thing, NBA.
Speaker 1: While you tried to while you tried to do one thing, clean up something on one end, it up on the back end, because guess what you did. You're gonna have guys that probably are just like French players that they're gonna have an All NBA selection and all the NBA selections. That means, guess what, I'm in line for a max and a super max contract. So while you hurt somebody boy, you might've hurt a k or Luke or ant Man because they're already playing on that number and they and I'm sure you they'll they'll next year they'll be able to play and get right back there with you taking guys that might not be an All NBA selection again.
Speaker 2: And guess what don't matter. I got that. That's all that that's all that count that's all that counts.
Speaker 3: Because yes, when I when I when we go to the negotiating table, you know I got this in my back pocket now what you're gonna tell me you got You're gonna have to run that little bread.
Speaker 1: You got to run that little bread. Oh Joe, Well, you know, we don't. I don't know what you think, but this is what I know.
Speaker 2: What I know is that one.
Speaker 1: Of those three All nbas so that basically said, I'm a top fifteen selection. So guess what somebody was gonna be sixteen, seventeen eighteen, all of a sudden, it's gonna be thirteen fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: So now you get to add that extra year. Now you get to add fifty sixty million dollars in the fifty year. So NBA, I know you tried to do all good but no.
Speaker 2: Good d man.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's some guys looking at it, looking at it right now I'm talking about They're like, oh, we I know, I'm next to the Line'm gonna make third team now?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we're in the money. We're in the money.
Speaker 4: It's it's a it's a good thing for those players that are friends, players that might not ever have, might not ever have the opportunity, you know, to be first or second team All NBA selections where you get to get to get to that bag.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, joe, y'all remember club? What's it called? Came a? Oh look here money? Hey? Hey, hey, hey? What about Hey? What about trading places? One a man? And that's how it goes back.
Speaker 1: The fight between Giannis and Milwaukee over playing time just got a little bit more complicated. As it turns out, the real money on the line is that nobody's talking about publicly until now. Multiple sources said the Bucks decision to see Jiannis Antetokounmpo cost them significant bonuses in his Nike endorsement contract that would have been triggered if he played at least forty one games. That adds a lot of context behind Greek Freak's insistence on playing despite the team wanting to shut him down for the remainder of the season. The truth comes out, it just isn't about competitive pride. It's because he literally and financially incentives in a shoe contract. Milwaukee decision is costing him. I think it's two old. I believe obviously, man bro, they might add some extra years at ten fifteen to twenty million dollars. Second, who's who's on his team?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Now what of the likelihoods, pat rod Let's just say, for the take an argument to a piece, Joe, but he traded for what do you think the likelihood? Pat Rodders said, you know what, I want the two brothers to what do you think the like lived?
Speaker 2: Is that? Oo?
Speaker 4: And knowing pat Riley ain't good? Okay, I'm just being honest with you. Unless pat the side all of a sudden changed his wa what you what you know he's not gonna do because he's stuck to his guns since hell for how long now?
Speaker 2: And I don't think he was he was the head coach of the Lakers.
Speaker 4: Hey listen, if he didn't, if he didn't buzz for the king, he not Bud.
Speaker 3: He's gonna have to get his ass in line like everybody else. And hey, look, we traded for Yanna, your damn brothers and then they're gonna have to figure it out.
Speaker 2: But they gave we yell they he ain't doing that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what's funny is when I think about the NBA and I think about the powers that the players have. One of the few, one of the few organizations where the players have the power, not the you know, the owners of the gym to the gym of the head coaches is if yanna say, if I say I'm healthy and I want to play, Hell, he.
Speaker 2: Should be able to. You would think the way they operate.
Speaker 4: Hell, I'm gonna put my uniform on and I'm going in the starting lineup, no matter what y'all say, no matter what you think.
Speaker 1: Now that didn't it? Now you get Now you're appording it. Now I'm gonna take some more. I'm gonna take your money from you. Is that what you want? Conduct detrimentals of the team. Yeah, that what you want? Now get Yeah, at least at least Joe right now you know this, he get your bread, you do something like that. Now I gotta I gotta take content. Yeah, yeah, and them checks, them checks probably three. Really what you want?
Speaker 4: I know, I know what they're looking like. Well, you ain't got to tell you, ain't got to tell me twice.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm gonna not now now you y'all doing me wrong. But I'm gonna sit on over here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but listen, huh, listen, you're shitting over there. You're obliging with what they want, but now you're messing up my shoe, money, my shoe money add.
Speaker 1: Up to you messed up my season by talking about you wanting to be traded, right, you messing up my money.
Speaker 2: You messing up my leverage ability to trade you. Right.
Speaker 1: You see, you see what you did? Okay, even swap ain't no slips wanderer. You mess my you mess up your trade value, I mess up your money. We both got some messed up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's funny you know what now that you said it like that, that's probably exactly how they think.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, of course, it's exactly what the thing is. It's protocol fellas.
Speaker 3: They just just because you say you healthy, man, Like I said before, you gotta show a something in practice before we just throw you out there on the floor, you know what I mean. And I think Janni's as he He hasn't been one to, you know, cooperate when it comes to like playing two on two, three on three, to prepare to gauge and lead up to him getting out there playing five on five. He just feel like, shit, I'm healthy, So just put me out there. I'm gonna put up numbers. And they ain't willing to do it for a number of reasons, because look, you put.
Speaker 2: Him out there and he get hurt. Then what o jo. He's like the man, they ain't trying to deal with that.
Speaker 1: And you've had and what if we had over the last couple of years, He's calves Cam lead to what Ki leads, Yah, you're not gonna do that. You're not really going to suppress the market. But here's the thing what we're talking about. Oh yo, he says he wants to play. We took your word when you say you was hurt and you couldn't play. We took the word for it. Now you want us to take your word for it and say that you can play if we didn't question you. Now now all of a sudden, you see and everybody knows I'm pro players, but sometimes when you start to own a business, you have to look at things from a business standpoint. And so that's what I'm like, Okay, okay, I can see. I can see what you're talking about. So all these concessions that they've made, I'm a firm believer is that nobody is going to love you like your original of the team that drafted you. I had a conversation with a great ride receiver once and he's like, man, He's like oh, man, I need to just leave. And I say, I'm gonna tell you this, and it's gonna be your decision, and I'm never gonna steal your wrong. I say, yeah, you can probably go, and you might win. I say, but they're not gonna love you like they do where you are because you're their own. They watched you come in, and they watched you grow in the community, and they watch you as a young man come into a full grown adult man.
Speaker 2: They watched that. It's the other team. They just gonna be happy to have you.
Speaker 1: You're just gonna be one of the other higher guns that they've had along the way.
Speaker 2: Nothing's gonna be special about you, Brona.
Speaker 1: He thought about it a couple of days, like, man, you're right, so y'all is go and think so he gonna be sweet? You think the Lakers? You think the Lakers love Lebron like they did in Cleveland. You think Miami loved Lebron like they did in Cleveland? Or do they love Dwayne Wade or do they love Kobe? Do they love shot huh? Or did they love Bam m hm? Or they love do they love Alonsol morning huh? See? And I think I don't think enough players think about it like that. It's like, man, I just need to go, go, go go. Okay, fine, I'm never gonna stand in the way of a person wanting to get his money.
Speaker 2: But just understands and when.
Speaker 1: They don't gravitate towards you like they did in your original Destiny location, you.
Speaker 2: Can't get mad. He just can't.
Speaker 1: You can't even even though and think about it. Even though a Lonzo uh Lonzo was at the Harness first. Yeah, he was at.
Speaker 2: The Harness first.
Speaker 1: People and people and for whatever reason he was, They're like, nah, nah, Zoe hours. He was not d Wade, he not Bam that are ogs. Yeah, that's how it goes.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: So Janni's wherever you go and you might win a championship. I hope you do. They're not gonna love you like they did it.
Speaker 2: No, they not.
Speaker 3: But I bet you Jannis is thinking like this, Oh Joe. He thinking, Okay, I got two years left on my deal. But if they trade me this summer, then wherever I'm at, I can play and then the next time I can get that five years versus you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna get He got traded.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying he'll get to play, He'll get to play a full year wherever he got traded. Yes, so at the end of the next at the end of that season, they'll be able to offer him that big deal.
Speaker 1: I think once you get traded, Joe, I think that is Look that up, Ash, look that up. I think that's the thing. That's what they try to do because they want to keep you at the So you say, he can't get so that's why they can offer you. That's why they can offer you that extra year, which is that fifth year at that bat number. Right, Okay, look that up, Ash. I think I think now maybe if you stay for because a lot of times you have to. I think Luca could only sign a four year deal now if he once he plays, he can come back in because it's it's uh, Luca got traded in his contract year, right, No, I think he had, so it'll be the same as guy. Yeah, okay, okay. Oh, they would have never let him get that oh no, because remember that's what see, that's what Milwaukee said. Milwaukee says, signed the deal or we trade you, We're not gonna let you walk out the door, like Kate. That'd be foolish business. You can never let a guy. You can never let a guy of that caliber get to the last year of his deal, because if you do, he done, It's done.
Speaker 2: That's why, that's that's why they got it.
Speaker 3: That's why I think they gotta trade him this summer, fellas they can't bring him back, you know, considering everything that they're going through right now, I think I think Giannis is a little disgrunted. He probably will never come out and actually said or demand the trade, but I can bet you behind the scenes, they probably gonna be working when this season is over with to get him traded this summer for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh he gonna According to according to ESPN, Yiannis is eligible for a four year, two hundred and seventy five million dollar extension in October if he stays in Milwaukee. If he's traded during the off season, he he wouldn't need to wait six months from the trade date to sign the extension, which would be four years.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: Ash, Yes, So, so he gonna get it no matter where you go.
Speaker 2: Then, Uh, I don't think you can.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know if he can get that. So if he signed, if he signs, if he waits six months after the trade and sign the extension.
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 1: How much is the four year extension then, because it's kind of what they try what they try to do is kind of like what the NFL did o Joe because they didn't want the quarterbacks to leave. That's what the franchise tag was really, really, really a vision the key guys, the quarterbacks, your Bruce Smith, your Jerry's, your immage. You want to keep those guys, so we'll pay you the average of the top five.
Speaker 2: So what this is the.
Speaker 1: Max, the supermax is basically to keep because we can can give you something no other team can.
Speaker 2: We should offer that fifth year. The other team they give you four.
Speaker 1: Now, if you won't for four years at two five, oh that's good money.
Speaker 2: We can't give you five. We give you five years.
Speaker 3: But he depending on where he go though he can he can make it up and off the court, uh endorsements. Depending on where he goes because it's markets, because Milwaukee ain't on huge market.
Speaker 2: So if he was done, so he usuld go. Well, he need to get a harder deal. He should have got a hardly deal.
Speaker 4: Hey, I know, I know one market he can go to. He'll make it up no matter what the damn.
Speaker 2: Tax is gonna kick his ass though.
Speaker 1: Low California even worth thirteen point that state. And when you kick it and when you kick it in that that thirty six percent at the fan level. So he taking forty nine percent of your money and you got to kick a meticula and fighter. Your agent, fees, your attorneys. So when it's all done that, let's just say somebody getting one hundred million mm hmm, you down to probably like fall the seventh six after taxes, and you pay because they take it three and a half percent. Your agent take three and a half percent. Your financial guy gotta get his cut. Come on, think I working for free. You ain't working for free. Hey, you and I both know we got managers. We got we gotta we got agents. Bill, I've been paying money since ninety well my first couple of content, I ain't playing nothing because I had my brother's agent. He's like, nah, he ain't making no money.
Speaker 3: You can't charge what you're talking about when you see all that money you having to spend out like that, because I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Attorneys and height Belok.
Speaker 1: That's why that's why boy, that that Florida, that Miami. Don't sound bad, yes, and bad fellas. Hey, they got a chee wells they got they got no they ain't got no take. We ain't got no team in Vegas yet, just till you got a team Millik Heredall, Dallas, Houston, Dallas.
Speaker 2: Nope. I'm just trying to say where you have.
Speaker 1: I don't know if y'all notice, but thirteen percent when you're making that kind of money, you do realize thirteen percent if you're making fifty million.
Speaker 2: Dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Hey, hold up though, hold up, hold up, Heston got some pieces over there though, old children. Oh, I thought you you got something saying they got some two legged pieces. You talking about them quarter piece, the dying piece.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, what you're talking about. But they got some pieces.
Speaker 3: They could they you know, if they underachieved this year, they could possibly get get up off of and bring Giannis over there with Kdill.
Speaker 1: I still think they need a point guard. I think van Fleet. I think they need van Fleet. I think he's the missing ingredient. They need a point you, they need doing guard. They do, but it's gonna Hey, it's gonna be some fun moving this summer, fellas. I'm talking about I think, oh, yeah, yeah, I know Brun just built that. I know he building that old half of minute a hundred million. What I can see Braun teaming up with some guys.
Speaker 2: Bro, where at Joe, what are you thinking about? Hey? Look, I can see Jannison Braun teaming up together.
Speaker 1: But you know what, if I'm Lebron man, I'm done chasing rings. I'm gonna go to a bad team because we've seen on a bad team what he can do as the number one or number two options.
Speaker 2: Lebron can still give you twenty five to six a night. Did you just not?
Speaker 1: Did you not see him on a bad team when you just play Sunday, mister Mavericks, he gave you thirty, He gave you what thirty and fifteen and nine.
Speaker 3: It's just he needs he needs some more ball handling do this in. But he understands the role he's in right now, Ai and Luca playing the way they've been playing. Like I said, because he started off the season slow, meaning he missed the first what fifteen games so and and they were playing great. He just you know, put himself into where he wasn't gonna be disruptive. You know what, I mean he was gonna be a complimentary piece to those guys, and I think he's done a great job of that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, uncle, I agree with you. You put him on a team.
Speaker 1: I ain't saying necessarily to where he is the guy, but where he can handle the rock, make decisions, you know, make plays. Yeah, he's still he's still got some ball left in him. Or no worse than two yeah, no worse than yeah. Oh he gonna get yeah, Yeah, he'll give you the numbers that he gave you last year. Because if you go back and look like when games were okay, Luca's out or game with the car is out, and now he has more responsibilities, he gonna do his thing. Yes, but uh, I'm not surprised by this. The only thing is is that Joannis kept trying to be sneaky about it. Oh you know, whatever my agent decides. You know, I don't bro your agent works at the behest to you. And he doesn't want the criticism with coming because he saw the criticism that Lebron got, he saw the criticism that KD got, He saw the criticism that some of these other guys got, and he doesn't want that. So he wants to pretend he wants to throw the rock. We know you broke the window he got that's my agent. No, bro agents don't just like the same thing. Oh Joe we talked about with Nico. Yeah, okay, Nico. That fell on Nico, but the all of Josh Dumont throw through the table on it. Yeah, so y'all is leaving Milwaukee. I got no problem with it. So I don't want y'all saying, but, oh, so you got a problem.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: The only problem I got is that he won't stand up and face the he won't stay face to music. Y'all want out. I don't feel I can win here anymore.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't. I don't. I don't. I don't think they can put the pieces around me.
Speaker 1: But everything that they've done over the last four to five years was at your require, at you. They got rid of the coach. You don't think you think they did that without y'all assess that man was second in the east. Yeah, yeah, they win't got dang. You don't think, y'a you think y'all hadn't signed up on that. They got rid of Holiday, they got rid of all those pieces that was because of Yannas.
Speaker 2: That was Yanni's last thing. Yeah, you got to own it though.
Speaker 1: Bro, It's okay. You're not the first to request the trade. You're not the first to move pieces. That's comes along with the territory. You're a superstar. Superstars get certain privileges, and that's okay. But don't hide behind it, bro, Don't make it seem like they want to get rid of you. You know, you've been asking for this for a minute. And they should have moved your last Yeah, he don't want that. They should have moved your last year.
Speaker 3: You don't want that backlash, man, No he does. But even with that, even with that, I still think, you know, he'll be all right. I mean, it's just part of it. It's part of being a megastar. Obviously. Things ain't going right in Milwauke. Man, you gotta at least get you some pieces, get you some good pieces. And I think Milwaukee kind of trying to wait till this draft to kind of see who get what picks and who can really help them, you know what I mean? Because okay, we okay, we can trade Gianni's. We're gonna package you with these picks because maybe we can get a top three pick or a top five pick out this draft to send Jannis off. Okay, that's a different story, you know what I mean? Now we bringing one of these young pheenoms who can carry us for the next ten, twelve, fifteen years. So I think that's why they waiting.
Speaker 2: Joe Ojo. Yeah, I bring o Jo in. I do everything oh yo ask, I hire Chauncey, hi best, I high.
Speaker 1: Ryan, I give Doug a jab. Things don't go right, man, I've done everything at Ojo asked me to do. Then when things don't go right, man, I can't row. I hi Chauncey, I hired Ryan, I hired Doug, and I think they ain't going right? You want to dial. I have brought both of your damn robbers. I've got your new coach. I got up on holiday. I got up off of me for damn. You don't think, I mean, does y'allys think that we're that not eve to not to think that he has that kind of leverage In Milwaukee. They held on to him because they don't want to trade him. They don't want to trade him, but they just know he's not gonna sign. And I'm not going to let you walk out the door. And I don't mean to keep bringing KD up, but kd contract was up and it was well within his right to leave. But KD walked out the door and Okase ain't get a damn thing. Let that sink in. Some people say KD is the top ten, he's probably a top fifteen player in NBA history history. Walked out the door and they didn't get a thing for him. They didn't get gatorade, they didn't get to they didn't get socks. They then get taped, They got nothing, joke, they didn't get no iPad, they didn't get a projector, they didn't get jacket.
Speaker 2: You cannot let Yannis.
Speaker 1: Walk out the door like that because if you do your ruin and Thenwalukee knows that they know, that's why they they refuse. I know they refuse to let that happen to their franchise because they won't be able to recruit from that. It'll set them back hell five seven, even probably longer than that. What got what got OKC was what happened the actually Kawhi because Kawhi going to the Clippers warning a veteran someone that he knew Paul George PG. Oh you want PG. What you got a limit?
Speaker 2: What you got.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need Shay and I'm gonna need probably like four unprotected first round picks and Sam Presty.
Speaker 2: We know one thing. He can pick a player.
Speaker 1: He picked KD, he picked Russ, he picked Harden, he picked the Baker, he picked Reggie Jackson.
Speaker 2: And look at what he's doing. He's picked Check, He's picked Jayalen Williams. He picked Jayalen Williams. Look at what he's doing. He's got lou Dort. Yeah. So now.
Speaker 1: What probably would have been purgatory for ok C, even though they're a small market, they're right at and they're right back here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're gonna be there for the foreseeable future. They are many.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's one move change everythinge it changed everything. And Presley done a great job. But the lynch pin was getting shape. Once he got shape. Yeah, the foundation is strong. It's hard the building to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you just you gotta hope, you know, when you make these type of changes and you bring in a guy who you think has a great upside, you gotta hope he takes the game serious and he meets your standards on over delivers like Shay, I mean, hell, this man Fin will probably be a two time MVP.
Speaker 2: Won you a title. He won you a title.
Speaker 3: Man, you had Westbrook and KD y'all made it to the finals, but you didn't win.
Speaker 2: Win. You get this kid and hard Yeah and Harden and Obaca and Obaca.
Speaker 3: You get this kid and within what three four years, man Hednet won you a tightle and you're on the break to win another one.
Speaker 2: So if you go back to back, oh my god. Yeah. So basically, you got you got.
Speaker 1: You got Shae in twenty in twenty nineteen because with twenty nineteen yea, I think twenty nineteen summer twenty nineteen, Yeah, got it because Kawhi came from came from Toronto, and that that was the domino that started this. We didn't know that a move move over here would trigger something over there. You know, sometimes you have the a tsunami because there's a earthquake that happened in the ocean. Man, Look, with this thing triggered the Clippers wanting getting Kawhi triggered a series of unfortunate events. And I'm not talking about lemony snickets, y'all. Catch up that but anyway, but that's what happened, Joe. So I don't I don't thault Milwaukee. I'm gonna try to get as much as I possibly can because the likelihood. Think about it, you had Kareem. It took you thirty plus years before you got something comfortable to Kareem. You had some really good teams. Now, I remember the Bucks was a really good team when they had Nelly don Nesson with their coach.
Speaker 2: They had a.
Speaker 1: Who the hell uh but Lanier. They had Sidney Montcree, they had o Terry Cummins, got do Terry Cumming. Terry Cummings will do for a big body, Yeah yeah, yeah, from DePaul.
Speaker 2: They had Brian Winners. They had some really good players they did. They did.
Speaker 1: Kareem and y'allnis and so normally when you lose a player like that, it's hard to ever ever get enough.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 1: And you're not like the Lakers, where people want to come will retire. They get Kareem and then you get Magic and then imagine retire. You get Shaq and Kobe and then get down and here come Lebron and now you got Luca.
Speaker 2: You see how everybody don't.
Speaker 3: Get it like eybody, because that you know, not only did the big market, it's a great market in LA, and everybody want to play in l a bro I mean, let's keep it one hundred, you know, playing for the Lakers. I don't know about y'all, but growing up watching the Lakers play, you know, the Lakes show, the Laker girls, things of that sort. Milwaukee don't have an attraction. They don't, so it's yeah, they're not gonna get no big time free agent, you know what I mean. So you do have to go through the draft and hopefully you hit big and okay, see yeah, okay, develop well, develop your players. But when it gets to this point to where I know Jannie is gonna move on, they know they gonna move on from Gianni's, you have to try to get great value from them.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can.
Speaker 3: Get the same value, but you have to get a guy who you feel like, Okay, in two years, he gonna be a superstar, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you don't know. I'm saying Janni's but Jannie is a different animal. But I mean when they traded PG at all those picks, they're like, man, okay, see got took, they gave up PG who was what second in the MVP third and the m v P B one in one year. And now they's like boy boy a, okay, see, you really sucker the Clippers. That's what people are saying now. It went from the Clippers suck at OKC to okay man, okay, see got one.
Speaker 2: Over on him. It's because Shay over delivered, over delivered.