Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 1: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yanas four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven, or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting. Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for joining us after that snooze fest of a ballgame, but we thank you for being here now. This is another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite on Shanna Sharp. He is Liberty City's own Cincinnati being a Ring of Five honoreed the Pro Bowl of the All Pro that's Chad o Yo Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you because it's games like this and you still tune in afterwards shows just how much you care about us and we greatly greatly appreciate that. Make sure you go check out Shave by Laportier. The holidays are pun us. What better way to celebrate the holidays than with a bottle of Shave by Laportier. Now, if you cannot find it in a city or a state near you, you can order it. And if you order it by December eighteenth, that is the cutoff, we can ensure that you will have it by December thirtieth. December eighteenth, you'll have it by December thirtieth. Please and please, drake responsibly go follow my media company page on all of its platforms.
Speaker 1: That's Shave, Shape Media and my.
Speaker 2: Clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out while newest release just dropped last week. New we have T shirt, We have sweats. As you can see, uh they this is not a beanie. I don't know who came up with the name beanie, but this is what we call its scully. But okay, ash Ashley a little up, a little late. We also have coozies and we have bugs. O Chow was not home to receive his scully, so I have mine.
Speaker 1: I mean I could. I can see you this one. You get it uh tomorrow? Oh my bad?
Speaker 4: Uh So.
Speaker 2: Quartities are limited, so please make sure you get George Wild supplies last. Oh yall the tickets for the Super Bowl Show in New Orleans is our first brings to a stop or on sale now. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. It's February the sixth in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Be there. You don't want to miss this one.
Speaker 2: The Rams got four a few goals in a drink and a downpour, but that was enough to beat the forty nine ers. Well the six and a very very sloppy game, a very boring game. Matthew Stafford was sixteen or twenty seven one hundred and sixty yards. I think he had like twenty three yards at the half. Kyron Williams continues his great play twenty nine carries one hundred and six and it was him that basically ran out the clock late in the ball game that led to a field goal with living the time on the clock that really put this game away.
Speaker 1: Poking the Cool.
Speaker 2: Continues his outstanding play after coming back from injury. He had seven catches for ninety for ninety seven yards. He had a longer fifty one. He only had eight targets, but I think the story of the night was Cooper Cup, who had three targets and no catches. I can't remember the last time Cooper Cup played the game Ojo and did not have a catch. Rock Purty was fourteen to thirty one, one hundred and forty two yards and a very very very bad interception. The forty nine ers could not muster anything as far as running the football. They did a very poor job of protecting Rocky. Rock Purty was spreading the ball all over the field, but he did have an opportunity to get a touchdown and Debo dropped it. He has flit the scene and he had his mind on probably scoring a touchdown and he just flat out dropped it.
Speaker 1: Ocha, There's no other way around it.
Speaker 2: And that's why you don't complain about when you don't catch it, because I've seen the chance and I was go on line and I see what everybody's saying. Now, you see how yourself You make yourself look foolish when you start complaining and then you drop a touchdown.
Speaker 1: But watching this game, Oho, I think.
Speaker 2: For all intents and purposes, this probably ends the forty nine er season there with three games to go, I don't see them doing enough. I don't think Seattle, the Rams or the Cardinals do enough damage to themselves in order to have the forty nine ers, and the forty nine ers would have to win out and I don't see that happening. So I think for all intents and purposes, they don't even have a milk chance, which is two percent, to get into the playoffs.
Speaker 1: But when you look at this game, what did you like about what you saw from the Rams?
Speaker 4: I mean, listen what I saw of the Rams obviously being resilient, being able to get being able to move the ball just a little bit.
Speaker 1: The first half on the first half was abysmal. It was born that you said.
Speaker 4: Obviously, I think if it was the weather was a little bit better, we would have saw the Rams look like we're used to seeing them look now that they have Cooper Cup and Pooka the cool and healthy, it would have been a much much better game. Obviously, I don't like the fact that Cooper Cup wasn't able to get it get a catch to night It's it's hard and it's hard to fathom that. Obviously, Pool the cool and now Cooper cup seems to have passed the torch on on the poo cup. I mean they still they still won the game the fort like you got to be careful. But Debo when you come, when you complain about Debo getting.
Speaker 1: That ball, the game is different. The game is completely different. The forty Niners had two drops. Kelly tackled his own teammate.
Speaker 4: He had two carter I mean for what what a Russian total three yards one point five yards to carry. He had sixteen yard receiver and a false star penalty. So devote this is a lesson for him.
Speaker 1: Got to be careful and you got to be careful what you wish for because the football gods will always put you in a position to make a play, to make a play.
Speaker 4: And this is a difference in being good and being great. You know, if you complain about the ball and the opportunities when they come, even even if they come few and so often, you got to make those plays. You got to make those plays. And other than that, listen, O Joe, thankgiving.
Speaker 2: They go on to run oo, start your yeah, log off and see if we can get a better connection. Because right now you're cutting out like every other word, and people really can't hear what you want to say, So if you could just restart your computer and see if we can get a better connection. Okay, yeah, uh and see, I mean maybe you can call down and see if they have a print me you and Wi Fi that you can get onto, because I'm sure they have a conference center down there somewhere that they uh that that that business is coming they use. So let's see what we can get done. Sorry about that, guys. Look, things happen. We don't always be in a situation where we're at home and we have great internet service and everything is wired accordingly. We have the greatest the hot fiber optics and high speed internet out of the Yin Yang. But sometimes you're at the mercy of situations and I've been there before where we're not. We don't always have the ideal situations. But hopefully we can get this thing, we can get it rectified, because we really want to make sure we give you guys the best show we possibly can.
Speaker 1: And uh, I think that's the only way, only possible.
Speaker 2: If we can get Oho on a better internet provider, a better service that he can that he's not on the lag that he's on and he's not cutting out every other word, so just bear with us. We're sorry, sorry about that, guys, but we appreciate your patience. But as Ojoe was saying, and the thing is with Deebo, ha has toted. Understand it's funny how the football gods will humble you. Now he's complaining, and he put up a tweet, and then he took the tweet down and now here it is for all the world to see.
Speaker 1: This is your opportunity. Now look what you did.
Speaker 2: I mean, if it wasn't raty, we just saw you at the bed, but your codes well, so we don't really know what you did. You did all that talking, Oh I want the ball. Ain't nothing wrong with debo, bro, You're not the same. I mean, even they showed the cutups, bro, you had no separation, even on the balls that he didn't get. Guys, did y'all see any separation? How was how was perty gonna drop the balls in there? There was no separation. It's just so I just don't get these guys. These guys start reading the comments and oh, Deebo, you should do this and you should go somewhere else, and you start getting high on your own supply and you start feeling yourself and then when you get in our forty nine to put you in a situation where you can make plays, you come up small. Now I want you to go on there and say hey, just like you had had the nerve to go out there and tweet and say ain't nothing wrong with debo, I want you to say, hey, guys, let the team down tonight. I had an opportunity to make a play and I didn't had a false start, So hey, that's.
Speaker 1: What you have to do. But it's tough.
Speaker 2: It's really tough playing in these conditions. But held the rams planning in this condition. Pook and the Coop had eight targets. He has seven catches, so you expect a kittle. I had four. I had four reception of sixty one yards. He had long of thirty three on seven targets. Juwan Jennings had nine targets, two catches that I don't know what Perty was throwing on that last interception, and I was looking at it and I was like, Kyle is just running this football because he really doesn't want to put this ball in harm's way. He want to put it on the foot of his kicker to maybe tie this ball game up and at the worst case scenario. For the best case scenario, get a field goal and maybe get a quick three and out and get the ball with a chance to win the game. But Prety threw this ball. I don't know where we were throwing it because Jennings had no separation. Be got the corner was over the top of them. But that's uh, that's neither here nor there. But give the rams they're playing. They're going in the right direction at the right time. The forty nine ers is too many injuries, too many inconsistent, too much, too much inconsistent play, big guys being out of the lineup. T Doub was out of the lineup again. We can understand why Bosam missed some time because he was nick They just got green Law back. I think it's day how Huff Nagger. Uh, he just got back after long season. But it was just a season where expectations weren't meant. This is the forty nine Ers, the teams that was in the Super Bowl last year. They bring a lot of the key pieces back, but it didn't work out for him this year. And so that's why I keep telling teams all the time, just because you went somewhere last year, that doesn't mean you're gonna go that same place this year. You have to start all back over again, and it's not easy. So I think you have a healthy level of respect for what you saw the Patriots do year in and year out, what you see Kansas City do year in and year out.
Speaker 1: Here they are trying to go for a three p.
Speaker 2: As far as Super Bowls, they've been in the AFC Championship Game every year since Patrick Mahomes has been the starter. They've gone to four super Bowls and a six year span. Yeah, six seven years, seven years, excuse me. So it's gonna be it's gonna be very very interesting. But guys, we really appreciate you guys bearing with us. We know it's never easy. It's frustrating, y'all know it's frustrating for me. But you know every night that I go to bed and pray for patients. He hadn't given it to me, but he showed put me in some situations that required.
Speaker 1: So that's how. That's how, that's how. That's huh uh man.
Speaker 2: Y'all know this thing called a scully a beanie. My definition of a beanie. It doesn't have a lip. It's just a thin hat that you pulled down.
Speaker 1: And that's it. This is a scully. Definitely a scully. Yes, a scully.
Speaker 2: I don't even know why I let ask your name it anyway, that's on me, I do the Wasn't that fed up? Uh?
Speaker 1: Huh No? But uh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe the definition of changed over the years. I know when I was a kid, it was called a scully. Uh what we had to wear when he was waiting outside for the bus to come pick us up and we went somewhere and it was cold.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, my.
Speaker 2: Grandma said, boy, get that scully. But I guess somehow over the years it's been it's been changed. I mean, I don't know where Beanie came from. Uh Beanie Weenie is? I don't know, y'all young y'all don't know no better I do. I think it's I think it's what you call him. I think it's it's age of broke. I think age according to where you are. I think someone around my age is probably forty and above. They probably look at it in censu scully. Under that thirty nine and under, they probably look at it in censor Beanie I'd never heard of the term beanie when I was growing up, so but I think y'all have to admit it's cool, though, you know, you boy rocketed. I can't remember last time I had one on my damn heare I probably hadn't had one of these on my head since I.
Speaker 1: Played Yeah right exactly. See. I thought that's what I Enjordan like.
Speaker 2: You know, a beanie. It doesn't have this space right here. It just fits snug down on your head. It covers the entire head. But hey, it is what it is. Hopefully you guys like him, and that's where we are with that. Jalen Hurst and aj Brown addressed the speculation surrounding their relationship. Both said it isn't fractured, despite teammate Brandon Graham suggesting otherwise. AJVG was just being BG. He's emotional in that case, he just misspoke. Me and Jalen are fine, Her said, BG spoke out of place, and he knows that. Yes, everything is not for public assumption. Let's just say for the sake of argument, is true. BG helped the situation because at the end of the day, whatever's going on in the locker room, your job is to try to diffuse it and to try to help it. This did not diffuse it. This did not help it. And I expected them to say what they said, and I don't have any reason to doubt them. But let's just say for the sake of argument, and that's what we do here. We try to play both see both sides of the argument. How what BG said, How did that help this situation? I don't see that it did. I don't see the good that came from it. Everything that he said, be it true or not, could have been said behind closed doors in a private meeting room with both of those guys, whatever the situation was between Hurts and and and and and and and UH and Brown, Aj AJ could have said what he said his frustrations. Obviously, when you're when you're the number one receiver and you don't get the targets and you don't get the catchers in the yard that you're probably thinking you should or you're accustomed to, you've become frustrated the problem. The only thing I would say to AJ is that you have to be careful because you're winning. You won nine straight game, nine or ten straight ball games, and then when you complain, see it comes off as you being selfish.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't believe Aj is selfish.
Speaker 2: I believe he's a guy that's highly competitive and wants to win and understands that if in order for us to get to where we need to be and where we want to go, the passing game is gonna have to greatly improve.
Speaker 1: I believe it.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you're gonna beat I don't believe that you're gonna beat Detroit. I don't believe you'll beat Minnesota. I don't believe you'll beat Green Bay. I don't even know if you'll beat Tampa when you only your quarterback only throws the ball. Now, if you run the ear out of the ball for two fifty three hundred yards, yes, that can overcome the lack of passing. But the likelihood of teams are gonna just gonna let a Saquan run wild. I just don't see that happen. And so when you got two quality receivers, God, and I think just got Nick last week, and so I don't know if and when he's coming back, but your two big guns gonna have to go off at some point in time, and they're gonna have to be consistent with that but I like what uh aj and and and and uh Jalen. I like the United Front. Look, BG was out of out out of tart. He spoke out of pocket. He shouldn't have said what he said. Uh what and like he said, whatever issue that BG had, just like he said, hurts and and and AJ could have gotten into a room. You could have did the same thing. So hopefully if if they they got it, they got it worked out, everything is is gonna be good, uh moving forward.
Speaker 1: And so I think that's the thing. It's tough.
Speaker 2: Uh. You guys are very very competitive and highly emotional men in that locker room, and they realized they don't want what happened last year to happen this year. Got off to the great start, lose a bunch of games at the end, and then there were one and done.
Speaker 1: And when you got guys that care a lot, this is what you get. Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised that it's like that because you got a lot of guys that put a lot into it. You have to make a lot of sacrifices in order to be a great football team, and guys have to sacrifice. Sometimes you have to sacrifice numbers in order to be the team that you want to be. Everybody. Look, it would be great if everybody could get their numbers and we still be successful.
Speaker 1: But sports doesn't work like that. They really don't.
Speaker 2: But I'm glad to see and hopefully we come out here and we'll find out over the next couple of games. They got Pittsburgh this week at home, they got the Cowboys. They got a few games, some tough games down the stretch. And what you're gonna need in order to win these games, You're gonna have to have a united front. You're gonna have to have one the team that's on one accord. And if you get that, you have an opportunity to do something special. But it's gonna be very interesting to see how this thing plays out. Pittsburgh is a very good test for them because we know what Pittsburgh represents. They have an outstanding defense, They do a great job of limiting the run. They want to make you one dimensional, as do most teams, and if they can make you one dimensional, now they can come hunt your quarterback. It's gonna be very interesting to see if that defensive line can continue to hunt like they've been hunting. We see Jalen Carter we see Williams, we see Davis Sweat has been doing a great job of getting out of the quarterback. Nikobe Denis having an outstanding season. Brown is playing really well. That secondary is getting better and better. You see big play Slave starting to make his plays on one side, Michael on the other side, those two safeties Blankenship. So it's gonna be very very gonna be very interesting to see how this thing plays out this week against the Pittsburgh Steelers. But I really really hope that this thing is behind the Eagles and they come out there and play with a sense of urgency and they go ahead and take care of.
Speaker 1: What they need to take care of. You got to back up you off of and functional can yes, hey man, man, fuck man, fuck this shit.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Hey, no, I'm free. Can you see me? Yeah, I can see you with that with that big yellow bird ass a T shirt. Oh okay, okay, be good. We good, we good, be good? We good. Hey, Hey, you gotta help you. Gotta help me out something real quick.
Speaker 4: When I'm on the road like this, and can I get the hotels where the internet provider is not good?
Speaker 1: How do I counter that? What can I carry with me to counter them having bad Wi Fi at a hotel, So you're just.
Speaker 2: Ask them to have a premium service because a lot of times they have conference room, right, and then you might have to ask them to let you use the conference room because you need because of what you're trying to get done. Ask them, do they have a hot if they have an upgraded internet service? Okay, that you that's not typical for regular rooms. A lot of people don't want to play an extra twenty thirty dollars for inter that service. Okay, so that's what you're gonna Yeah, right, I just called down.
Speaker 4: I'm at the grand I don't want to be disrespectful to the hotel, but I'm the hotel I'm at. I called down ascilated. Do you have a premium service that I can you know I can get? She said, no, we don't have that, and we'll send an engineer up there. She called back two seconds later, or no engineer is here? Where you can go to our business room downstairs on the fifth floor. I'm like, ma'am, our show has already started. I don't have time to pack home my stuff and go downstairs. But here from now on, Hey, listen, it's not it's not my fault, but I got I got my phone.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 2: Asked if they have a premium upgrade internet service that you can use. If not, ask them, can you go use the.
Speaker 4: Conference Okay, So I'm just you know what, I'm gonna just use a conference center from now on when I'm on the road.
Speaker 1: I ain't got time for this shit. I'm ready. I'm ready. When we was at, when we was at, we.
Speaker 2: Were discussing the Jalen Hurst and AJ Brown let me go back, oh uh, surrounding their relationship. Both said the relationship isn't practiced, despite what teammate Brandon Graham's is suggesting. Otherwise, AJ BG, which is Brandon Grabb, was just being BG. He's emotional and in that case he just misspoke. Me and Jalen are fined hurt, said, BG spoke out of place, and he knows that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Most definitely, most definitely, anytime you have somebody on the outside speaking on the situation that they know nothing about, even though you are teammates and you had for one as a receiver as a tight end, you understand AJ Brown's frustrations.
Speaker 1: Watching the film.
Speaker 4: Watching the film and watching some of the plays in which his frustrations stem from you understand where it's coming from.
Speaker 1: But there's a way to do things. There's a way to do things.
Speaker 4: Everything should have been kept in house and stayed in internally, and the conversation should should have.
Speaker 1: Been had between A. J. Brown and God damn Jayleen hurts boom all they had to do.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, after practice, come in here, let's break down some of this films. Some of the plays where you could just hit me, you know, based on anticipation. If a guy is off, you give me a shot on the right side of the field. When he had that shot when it was one on one and the safety at the snap of the ball, the safety went to the middle of the field.
Speaker 1: You got to give me those shots and those deep balls.
Speaker 4: You have to trust in me. There's the reason why they paid me what that did. There's a reason why I'm the number one receiver. You got to trust me in these situations. I got you nine times after tend A J.
Speaker 1: Brown and gonna make those plays on the throes where he was hesitant and then let it go. It seems like when Jayleen.
Speaker 4: When Jalen Hudson plays quarterback on he waits for the player to be opened before he lets the ball go instead of his anticipat His anticipatory skills aren't where they should be. They just aren't. You got you got the Churchy receivers man. You got to trust him, and he hadn't been doing that.
Speaker 1: And I understand add Brown's frustrations, but the way he went about doing it, it wasn't the right way. I agree. I agree with everything you just said.
Speaker 2: And just like BG said that AJ should have pulled Jayalen to the side and had a private conversation.
Speaker 1: S he should have done likewise with Jayalen Hurson and AJ.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I you asked somebody to do something, and you can't ask more than you willing to get right, right, You can't ask them to do have a private conversation while you go have a public conversation about the private conversation.
Speaker 1: And see this, this is a funny thing.
Speaker 4: This is where all this is where it seems from being very media savvy, being media savvy and understanding the space that you're in and understanding the power that your voice has based on the situation, because all you did was.
Speaker 1: Just made it worse. You just made it worse. So if they did ask you the question of a podcast or whether it be the media or what not. You you spin it, You spind it.
Speaker 4: When you say something positive to deflect the situation that's going on. You don't add goddamn fuel to the goddamn fire.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right, But I think the thing is that o Jo at this point in time, you know the situation.
Speaker 1: You look, you're in Philly. You've been in Philly.
Speaker 2: If you I'm not mistaken, you're the longest tenured ego, So you know, the least thing that it's said, yeah about.
Speaker 1: The egos that comes from that locker room is going to be magnified always.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't need you to give it a megaphone and amplify. Understand that if that's that's media one O one. I understood. Everything is not meant for public consuns, sir. And even though the media just, oh, they want honesty, Okay, I'm gonna give you my honest, but I'm not gonna give you the honesty that's gonna that's gonna tell the fabric of the locker room, because then what's your role in help put it back together? You try to sell a story, You try to get people to read your article, right click on it, like it. Whatever the case may be, I'm trying to keep the team together in order for us to get to where we need to be. And me telling telling secrets or dirt what's in the locker room doesn't help.
Speaker 1: That, nah at all, at all. I think they're gonna be all right, though.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, this week, this week, listen as well as say Kwan has been playing all season long, they not gonna run the ball the way they think they've been running the ball all season long against that stealer's defense. They're stealing defense against the goddamn run. They top five in the NFL. So this is a week where AJ Brown and Devonte Smith are gonna have to show up and jenen Hurst ain't gonna have no choice but to get that ball his hands.
Speaker 1: He ain't gonna have no choice, and they gonna have all the chances they need. I think it was two years ago, two years ago, twenty twenty two. I think A. J.
Speaker 4: Brown's best game against the stealers. He had maybe he had three testdowns.
Speaker 1: I forgot how many catses for like one hundred and sixty five hundred and fifty six yards something like that. So they're gonna have to get back to that go back and watch that film. See what did it?
Speaker 4: Did it in that specific game against the Steelers, and you got to repeat it. You got to repeat it this Sunday.
Speaker 2: Look, I understand the Steelers are great against the run. Yeah, but don't think y'all gonna scare me out of running this football. Right, we do got say quantity, and he's running the air out of the football. So whatever y'all think y'all gonna do. Oh, we know, be four against the rush. I don't give a damn your number. One thousand against the rush plus one thousand. We're gonna attempt to run the football because we're not gonna let you make us one dimensional.
Speaker 1: Early.
Speaker 2: Now, it might get to a point where we have to throw the football, right, but I tell you what, We're gonna still sprinkle some runs in there, yeah, because we're not gonna just let TJ. Watt and he bringing hot smell, just pending the damn ears back get the quarterback. That's not gonna happen. Even though you have my lot on one side. You got Lane Johnson, you got Dickerson, I get it, I get it. You got bet that I get all of that. But if you just pinned up, if you just allow of Steelers that front seven led by Tja, even if Cam Hayward can come get your quarterback. Now he's really good against the run. But if you just let these guys just like, Okay, oh they're not gonna chip to run the ball. Oh, they're gonna get your quarterback, this is the frustrating part. This is the frustrating part. They're so good against the run.
Speaker 4: They can't allow how do I say it, They can't allow the goddamn Seilers to dictate what they want to do offensively, because it's gonna be a lot of two yard games attacker for loss, it's gonna be a three yard game.
Speaker 1: At some point it's going to break.
Speaker 4: But the Steelers are so disciplined and they not doing nothing special based on who they playing. They're gonna line up, they're not gonna do nothing exotic, and they's just gonna play because they have the personnel to get it done. And that's how they play. That's how they play all season. If you're going to have success against the Steelers, you're gonna have to put the ball in there.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to Yeah, oh yeah, Yeah, it's just hard to have success to being one dimension. Yeah in an nf A game at this There used to be a time that you could just run the football. Oho. Yah, course you could just throw the football. But those games that those days are just few and far between you. And I'm not saying you need to have two hundred yards rushing and three hundred yards past. I'm not saying you need to have one hundred and fifty yard rushing, but you don't need to give the defense something other to think about, other than uting your quarterball.
Speaker 1: Right right, right right.
Speaker 2: The Linons revoked season tickets of a fan who had a pre game verbal altercation with Matt Laflour at Ford Fields last week. A TV camera coup the end of the heated exchange between the floor and for Hod. Your sheet see you said Yusef Lafour could be yelling at the fan, but said his action were promoked. I've never been a part of something like that. Laflour said he was talking jump to our players, giving them thro flash sign you're trying to de escalate it, and then gets in my face and I thought it was pretty unsupportable. Like yourself said, he was devastated by the move after being contacted by via email. The biggest punch in the gut man, just waking up and seeing that email and not being able to talk with somebody in person. It was a terrible feeling. I don't have a don't I don't have a chance to give my side of the story or anything.
Speaker 1: You can't do that, man, you can't do that. You got you can't. You just can't do that.
Speaker 4: You can't listen. The NFL is not gonna go for it. The team's not gonna go for it because you're a representation of them. So if you, if you, if you as a fan of said team is chatting and talking trash to the opposing team's head coach, what do you think is gonna What do you think is gonna happen?
Speaker 1: What do you what do you think is gonna happen? You have to remain a fan. You have to remain in your position as a fan. I'm surprised. I'm surprised Detroit did this. What I am where's no if? It is no different than playing in the NBA, and you got fans tackling players on the sideline just because you sit the court side. We didn't enjoy the game. There's no need to disrespect the opposing the posing team's head coach for what you know what, it'd been interesting to see to hear what was said.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't, oh Joe, I don't think that the throat slashing gesture is enough. Like I said, I don't know he did did he say the did he say the magic word? Did he say the N word? Did he did he say did he say some of the other stuff? Did he call somebody a monkey? Did he I mean, what what was some of the words?
Speaker 1: O Joe?
Speaker 2: And then like I said, I don't know. Now you're talking to somebody that's been in a similar situation. Everybody knows. My story is well documented. I got into I got in, you know, headed to a verbal altercation with some of the Grizzlies players.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, if the Lakers said, Shennon, you can't come back, I'm dead. That's wrong. Hey, the money that I paid for the ticket, I got to eat that right, right, I got that because my thing, Oh Joe, you know how I am. I control Shannon's action. I don't get to control the consequences that came from Shannon's action.
Speaker 1: Uh, if the Laker said I and I get what he said.
Speaker 2: He's like, man, I ain't even get a chance to talk to nobody. I ain't get a chance to explain my side of the story. If I get I was wrong. But you know, hey, maybe I'm a little bit more sympathetic and understanding because sometimes don't Joe Man, you look, look, I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Hell, I forgot I was at the game. I ain't lying and was hot you hot bro.
Speaker 2: It was like, I'm like, I'm thinking, I'm on the corner, I'm at the barber shop, and I'm going I'm going.
Speaker 1: Back and forth. You like this guy. I like this guy.
Speaker 2: He's like, you know, we having a conversation about Kobe Lebron or Kobe Jordan Jordan Broun Bron Kobe.
Speaker 1: That's how it was.
Speaker 2: I don't I honestly, I don't remember anything until the security got me back and uh uh uh into the hallway and uh they asked a oh you okay, and and I'm as I'm I'm like, why y'all keep asking me? I'm I okay, what happened? It's like, oh you okay? And I'm looking at me. I'm looking at a man.
Speaker 1: He looked.
Speaker 2: He looking at me like, I'm like, yeah, I'm okay. And then it didn't really dawned on me. But at that point in time, I was like, oh Lord, have mercy. I said, I lost my I said, I know, my sister go see this, my brother go see this, the kids go see there. I said, I know, thoughts going to see this. Hell, everybody goes see this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But uh, I mean yeah, there was There was no there was no consequences behind that, right, Nah, okay me my consequence about my my image other than that, I didn't suffer any monetary dama.
Speaker 2: But like I said, Captain Lake, if the Lakers had told me that I was not allowed to come back anymore, yeah.
Speaker 1: I just had to suck it up.
Speaker 4: And would they wouldn't. They wouldn't do that to you. They wouldn't do that to you. I mean, listen, it's it's a that happens. Emotions rides obviously when it comes to players. When it comes to fans. Obviously, with you being a public figure and your passion for the game of basketball and the Lakers as well, they wouldn't.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't do that.
Speaker 4: Now, the situation with the fan and talking to a head coach like that is completely different, completely different.
Speaker 2: And the thing and the thing was, oh Joe like the officials because Zach no I forget the official name. And I had seen I have, I had seen him at a game before. Uh. But like I said, I mean, I was just you know, it's just good old trash talk, you know, this and that, and then it just escalated to you know, pitch and sit.
Speaker 1: I was like, whoa hold on now? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, hey, hey, yeah, don't y'all. Let don't let the big sweater fool you down. Yeah yeah, put them hands on the mark, don't. I didn't want to get out of head like that, right right, right, hey, hey listen, look, and I'm older.
Speaker 2: But the problem that I'm most disappointed on Joe my job as the adult in that situation with the lord of temperature in the room.
Speaker 1: Right hey, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa hold on now, hold on, man. Sometimes sometimes as an adult you got to raise the temperature because if somebody slap you on the Bible, they said, turn the other cheek. Are you gonna turn another cheek? No? No, no, ain't nobody slapping nobody there.
Speaker 2: We go all the words, but in the situation like that, the words I could have just like you know what broke hey, just sit down and enjoy the game, blah blah blah uh uh.
Speaker 1: But the thing was when people tried to spend it.
Speaker 2: Oh man, he about to fight, he about to crash out by lebron Lebrony had nothing to do with this. Brony had anything to do with this. Me and Brooks were having a very healthy comments were going back and forth. We're going back and forth. He said what he said, I'm saying what he said, right, And then they got to look it went towards I felt I thought it went to a spot.
Speaker 1: That it didn't need to go. And then John came in. I'm like, oh, oh yeah, said he got nothing to do with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, that's that's his teammate. That's his teammates. And then and then his dad and I, boy lord, I see that's what really got me. Of all the things, O Joe, I was focused on them. And if you notice, immediately, Oh Joe, I hear somebody say he won't do nothing.
Speaker 2: But I will, man, please, man, Will I ever wear the blue sweater again?
Speaker 1: No? That's the time. It wouldn't do it justice, That's that's what. As a matter of fact.
Speaker 2: Uh, Greg Laren, I don't know how he said, Greg Lauren, Ralph Lauren, but Greg Laren. But he I mean, he said he got he was in London at the time, and he said he got so many emails. He got so many calls about your sweater, and like, what about the sweater. That's what that's the old sweater. We don't make that swear it anymore. Uh they did, They put it back your production and be more.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: See see the kind of impact you impact? You got impact fashion I did. Won't that kind of air past? No nobody listen, everybody remembers the villain. Nobody remembers a good person. The villain lives on forever.
Speaker 1: So sometimes you have to embrace the consequences that comes in certain situations. It's okay, next time, I'm gonna be what your court side next time?
Speaker 2: Now, now I just sit down, I just sit down. He I acknowledge, blah blah blah. But for the most part, the opposing team, they all, I mean all of them, they come. Get all those guys, the uh Debo de Rozan. When I come to the game that man, how you doing so far? The SNG everybody like inside of the sea. It was just I don't look, the Grizzlies don't really care for the Lakers. The Lakers don't care for the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies fans don't care for the Lakers. Laker fans doesn't care for the Grizzlies. Laker fans damn sure don't like the Grizzly.
Speaker 1: So I get that. I didn't get it at the time. I get it now I totally understand.
Speaker 4: I got a question, is the Grizzlies hatred for the Lakers and the Lakers hating for the Grizzlies.
Speaker 1: Is it almost equivalent to that of the Saints and the Falcons are nowhere close? Yeah, well it just recently started.
Speaker 2: It just here you realize the Falcons and the Saints been in the same division for it used to be the NFC West, right, So the Falcons, the Saints, the Rams, all of them were in the same The forty nine ers were all in the same division, right. So if plus the close proximity of New Orleans to Atlanta, right, so you got a lot of fans driving down to New Orleans. You got a lot of fans driving up from New Orleans to Atlanta. Right, So the hatred is that I'm talking. You talked about Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Yeah, Saints Falcone right there, you talk about you talking about Green Bayed Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh that's bad. That's bad. That's bad. Listen. I didn't listen.
Speaker 4: I didn't even understand the situation where it came to the Saints and Falcons until hell, until I was damn retired, and they going, they going back and forth on Twitter.
Speaker 1: I'm like, listen, we can we can have a coop by coop by yall moment.
Speaker 4: Dope, it would be if Saints and Falcons fans got together, sat together at the games and enjoyed together.
Speaker 1: That will happen. But you ain't gotta tell me. Oh, you ain't got to tell me. I know now, I know.
Speaker 2: Now I'm in Atlanta, I'm in the Barbiershall, and if yeah, yeah, yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: It's good nature.
Speaker 2: But uh, like I said, I was able to go back and I had a conversation and uh, I'm cool. I mean, as a matter of fact, I've gone back to several games and saw the Grizzlies play, and I think John's phenomenal. I mean to watch him play and to see how he can elevate and contort his body.
Speaker 1: And to do things that he does is just listen.
Speaker 4: Is second enough that there are very few basketball players listen people. People buy tickets to go out the game. John is one of the few players in the NBA where you buy tickets and he puts he puts fans in the seats and they strictly coming just to watch him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. Yeah, it's ah, it was great. Uh now it's time for okay. Wow.
Speaker 2: Devondre Campbell told the team he's a linebacker, y'all. Now he would played remember Drake Greenlaw with the starting linebacker behind Hurt in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: He just got activated.
Speaker 2: So I guess what that meant is that Bondra Campbell either he didn't start or he's playing time with.
Speaker 1: Cut Well, obviously this is what was saying.
Speaker 2: Do Bondra Campbell told the forded told the team he didn't want to play anymore, and he left the game.
Speaker 1: In the third quarter of tonight's game.
Speaker 2: Per Kyle Shanahan, Tadavius Wards poke about Campbell leaving your team middle of the game.
Speaker 4: Uh, he's probably gonna get cut. Yeah, yeah, d d A. Can I ask you something? Can I tell you something?
Speaker 1: Do you understand its frustration? Though? Do you understand? What?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 1: And then I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't agree with it. I don't agree with it. Listens, as a teammate, as a player on the team, you got to understand your role. You got to understand why you're in the roll, in the position you're in. Yeah, you got hurt because he got hurt, But then I'm thinking about it also being able to empathize with him. Well, damn, I've been putting all this work all this time, I've been playing all this time, and all of a sudden he comes back and I.
Speaker 1: Got to take a back seat.
Speaker 4: Well, obviously you want to start from the gig go, so hello, you got you got to remember that. But I think I'm seeing him from his perspective. Well, damn, imnen putting and all this work, meetings, practice, playing, doing everything I can, and all of a sudden he comes back from injury, and now I'm gonna what.
Speaker 1: You got that? Listen, you got you got to understand your role. You got stand your role.
Speaker 2: Come on man, Bro and and that's bro. First of all, had he not got hurt, you wouldn't ever been there. And you got to realize you got released from the Packers. Yeah, Bro, they threw you. They threw you a lifeline. He was coming back. Yeah, okay, Hey I wanna Hey, I'm gonna play play my role whatever they need. Hey, I only signed the one year deal anyway. Hey, my season about to be over the next four or five weeks.
Speaker 4: Hey wait, whoa he on the one your deal? Yeah, and he had the nerve to walk off walk off the field. Yeah, Hey, you got listen, you know, hold on. But one you got to be that boy to pull some ship like adults.
Speaker 1: You ain't. I'm saying now, you know what I mean. You got to be You got to be bread War or somebody like that. Was y.
Speaker 4: Hey, we know you upset and come on back. We'll work things out. Well, if you're in a one year deal, you you acting like that? But no, but no great player would ever do something exactly. Also, no great player would be in that position where they would have to do something like that. You have to understand, you do.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think there's a situation.
Speaker 2: Davis, the dB remember the dB quit at halftime in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Oh oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I heard the story. Monte hit the half of like, man, I can't do this, the mo man, I can't do this no more.
Speaker 1: Rest in peace?
Speaker 2: Man. Yes, yes, uh but yeah, I'm not these guys do. I've never been a part of something like this in my fourteen year career. Yes, sir, I can honestly say I've never seen someone that refused to go into the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it happened. Somebody else just did that not too long ago. Deontay Johnson. He refused to go to the game. Yes, the third l and got suspended. Yeah, and now we have what's his last name?
Speaker 1: Oh it? You remember ab did it at the Jets and took his papa. Yeah, he clear he cleared it. But I came close you I did? Why right, Let me get comfortable, tell me the story, Let me let me sit up. What happened?
Speaker 2: Uh? We play a lot of two tight ends, yes, and I'm always I'm always I'm why in twenty one personnel, right, two backs, one tight end, two receivers, I'm always why. Yeah, anytime we go to twelve personnel, I'm always a tiger tight end.
Speaker 1: Right. So no matter who.
Speaker 2: If House came in, and and and and twelve personnel, I'm going to tiger. If chak Eye Chamberlain came in, I'm going to I'm going I'm going to, uh the tiger.
Speaker 1: I'm going to the fly the fly tight end, which is what we call tiger. Right.
Speaker 2: So I remember looking at the side and I'm standing the hold up and I see, uh, I see uh chock Eye Chamberlain coming into the ball game. Yes, sir, So I go, I'm I'm standing in my spot. I'm staying in my spot. I'm I'm I'm I'm moving over. I'm going to the tiger position in the huddle. He's like nah, He's like uh, He's like, uh eighty four you the you the why?
Speaker 1: I'm like, huh who told him to do that? They did? They said they sent the plate that they sent the play in. So they call.
Speaker 2: Uh two jetty stick lookie, which is the tight end?
Speaker 1: Have a two way go? You know, hey, you can break it out? Why?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the tiger. He can come across the other guy's face or he can break out. In other words, the why, which is what I'm playing now, He went, addressing I was hot hold on this on the plate?
Speaker 1: Where is this on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I bet this, I bet this is on the back end of your corrido. It is it is see how they play you. No, yeah, this is my this is my this is my What year is this?
Speaker 2: This was?
Speaker 1: This was nineteen ninety nine, nineteen ninety nine. I'll never forget it.
Speaker 2: Ot yoke and they I played the game and I'm seeing right, I know you were hot. Well, I know you were hot. I told Cool, who's the office of the coordin at the time, because he and I got a great relationship. I say, Cool, Do they ever pinch here for Barry Bond? Do they ever pinch here for King Griffyth Junior?
Speaker 1: I'm on nine.
Speaker 2: I say, if y'all ever send somebody else saying to do that bull Yard, it ain't gonna go.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, and listen, you already know what they're doing. I tell you all this time. People in the chat, listen to this real quick. Think about all the great receivers. Think about all the great receivers, even from my era.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: It's one thing that they always do. They always say, at some point a players losing a step or they're getting slow. But you never ever see the part where the opportunities decrease to make it it's something wrong with you, or they work you out the offense. They always find a way to work you after the offense and putting your positions that they never used to before. It don't never really be nothing really wrong with you, but they find a way to work out.
Speaker 1: And it's always small things like what you just said.
Speaker 4: If you talk to Julio Jones, you talk to the AJ Greens, you talk to the Andre Johnsons, the Randy Mosses, even the Jerry Rices. At some point, it always comes to a time if there's nothing wrong with you, they find ways to decrease your opportunities that make it seem as if it's something wrong with you to justify or you know what, man, you're just not putting up the numbers you used to.
Speaker 1: You know, we think you might need to take a pay cut. Yeah, and it's so funny.
Speaker 2: It's so funny how you got yeah Ojo, a guy that they thought was losing.
Speaker 1: I go to Baltimore. Yeah, I lead the team and receive it and help them get to a super Bowl. Yeah, that's the way it is.
Speaker 2: It did come back and I finished second. I finished second behind Rod both year. Yeah, and catches and yards had eight touchdown for my final year over seventy over seven hundred yards.
Speaker 4: And that's that's the dirty that's that's the dirty part of the minutes that people really don't understand or see.
Speaker 1: They don't they never see that part.
Speaker 4: They just hear the media. Oh he's lost his step. Oh there's something wrong with him. Oh he's not the same player used to be. Well, hell of course if I'm not getting the same opportunities I used to get when I was.
Speaker 1: Putting up with the goddamn numbers, of course.
Speaker 2: But I would have never I would have never not gone into the game because I had built up too much credibility with my teammates right right, right right, and they had they expect me to be the voice of reason even and there have been times that I like got on guys and I know things weren't going their way.
Speaker 1: I could see it. Hell, everybody can see.
Speaker 2: But I say, for me, I've always felt I needed to remain have a level of professionalist right now, pro p r O and professional or two different things, Yes, sir. A profession is your job occupation. A pro is how you handle situations. So I wanted to be a professional and a thro because I always wanted to handle things the right way. There's a time and the place I had the conversation with cool. Hey, bro, men, you go way I think, man, you go way back. You was my quarterback for two years. You helped me become the player that I became. You was the buffer that when me and Mike wasn't seeing how that I was button head. You was the guy like a boss. We got to get the ball to eighty four. Yeah, come on now, yeah, give me that let me, let me, let me have my dignity, give me that grace.
Speaker 4: You got to give you that grap But you understand the little know what you gotta understand though, Kobak, even in that situation, you know his hands is tired.
Speaker 1: Now, oh yeah, do you know that's that's coming from a higher a higher power. Now that's me and Mike used to butt heads. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the thing was is that Mike thought money would motivate me. But when he realized it wasn't money that I was playing. Come on now, my situation. And this is why I can empathize with Tom because the thing that I wanted from Mike was what Tom wanted from Bill, right, just the level of appreciation you suff respect for what.
Speaker 1: I've been able to do for you for a very long time.
Speaker 2: I said, money wasn't it. Money wasn't it, Oh Joe. I never got oh Ja, I ain't even get no million dollar sign in bonus right. And I was cool with that because I know what I was capable to doing right. And I just I you tell him, I said, Mike, you can't find a tight end. There's not a tight end that's currently playing that can do what I do. I don't care if he's an All Pro. First of all, he's not gonna be an All Pro as long as I'm in the league. How are you gonna do that?
Speaker 1: I know you listen. I had to grab a pen and paper because I know you're about to give me some cuds.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, okay, read well, I just tried to figure out how you figured there's gonna be a tight end. First of all, the Pro Bowl in the AFC goes through me. Come on, now, now, they might be some guy because you already do at the start of the year from from ninety three to ninety two to ninety nine, when it came to the Pro Bowl, Man, I show hope I can get that backup spot.
Speaker 1: Who what if wasn't a two go to the AFC. Yeah, and me and Ben had it on lock. Yeah. Now, if you was nice to me and call me, I would pull out and let you go. Okay, okay, okay, I would leave.
Speaker 2: I would pull out of the Pro Bowl because you know, somebody go to your body. Oh, you know what, you're pulling out a lot.
Speaker 1: But I would do that.
Speaker 2: That'd be what because it's gonna look good on your resume. You got a contract coming up? Hey, Pro Bowl look good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, you try to get whatever the case may be. But nah, oh Joe, check this out.
Speaker 2: O yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Campbell signed a one year, five million dollar contract. The forty nine ers gave him three million, three hundred and fifty thousand signing bonus, with four point five six of the five million guaranteed.
Speaker 1: You can't do that. You can't do that.
Speaker 4: You can't allow emotions to get in the way of your job. But one is for one is about being being self aware and understanding the position that you're in, Understanding how you understanding how you got in a position that you're in. So, how do you think other team is gonna look at down? That's what I'm saying, So retire the team. Well how you think about to retire? Is he about to retire?
Speaker 1: Oh Joe?
Speaker 2: Because this is what Kyle Shanahan said after the game. This ain't no speculation because I was wondering.
Speaker 1: I was wondering. Uh, Kyle ripped Campbell after the Niners lost.
Speaker 2: That's somebody who doesn't want to play the game, playing and simple because I was looking because green Law seemed like.
Speaker 1: He got nick and he asked out of the game. I said, well, damn, where is Campbell? Mm hmm. But it didn't, oh Joe. It didn't dawn on me during the game, right, it didn't.
Speaker 2: Because I'm looking for it because I think, Okay, green Law's in, Okay, green Law comes out. I'm thinking, Okay, Campbell's back in. Right, boy, boy, do you want to retire? But do the one thing and pro sports that you cannot do above all lelse is quit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You cannot be label to quit on o joke. Yeah, you know, man, everybody knows that do not quit.
Speaker 1: That's the worst. That's the worst. That's the worst.
Speaker 4: Yeah, once that label and then then obviously and not only quitting, but quitting on the team like the forty nine ers. So if you're gonna quitter on the team like that despite their struggles this season, hey, they gonna look at you funny in the light.
Speaker 2: So another word, you front running. So now they go a little adversity. They struggling as a team. You don't get your way, you're not playing, and you're gonna quit.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what you win. I wish I could talk to him, but you know what you went through to get to this point.
Speaker 4: Do you know what you went through? Do you know how many people wish they was in your position? They have an opportunity to even be playing.
Speaker 1: In the NFL. Come on, man, don't forget how you got here. Don't lose sight of that. Don't don't lose sight of that. I hope he took care of his money. I mean, uh he that's and that's what I tell guys. That's tough.
Speaker 2: Look, if you do the right thing, you can steal another You can still a year or two. You can still a year or two.
Speaker 1: O Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, don't miss don't mess that upro because at the end of the day, all you got is your name, O Joe. Now, I promise you this guy's been the Pro Bowls, he's been the All Pro. Now this is gonna follow him. Yeah, this O Joe and Mark Anthony oration about Julius season. He said, the good that the good get buried, it's the bad that gets left behind.
Speaker 1: That's what people remember.
Speaker 2: Hold on when Mark when when Mark Anthony was giving him oration about Juliu season, he said, friends Roman Country, to live me your ear.
Speaker 1: He said, I come to pray, come to praise it.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm not burying. But he said, nah, he said, the good goes in the ground with you. Yes, shir it's the bad this gonna follow this man? Yeah, definitely is it? Definitely is?
Speaker 1: I just don't. I don't. I don't. That's wrong.
Speaker 4: You allow you It's when you allow emotions, emotions, allow emotions and pride and ego to get in the way, Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Yes, with emotions behind, what is what is logic?
Speaker 2: Low?
Speaker 4: Very low extremely extremely I think you know what's gonna happen is is he going to get an opportunity to allow those emotions to come down, allow that anger to come down and reflect all the things I've been through to even get to this point, and then here I am throwing it away because I'm upset, because I'm.
Speaker 1: Angry, and I hope, I hope, you know, don't. I don't wish for nobody lose their job. I hope, I hope he can. He can go and he can talk to you, he can talk to Shanahan.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm not sure if he's gonna if he's gonna extend him that grace, not that understand I didn't.
Speaker 1: Because you quit. You can't quit. You just can't.
Speaker 4: Because the first thing they're gonna say is, oh, you don't want to play. Okay, okay, we're gonna give you. We're gonna give you walking placements. Let's see if you get another opportunity, especially with that with that tag of being a quitter tagged against.
Speaker 2: You, Oh Joe. In twenty twenty one, he was first team All Pro. In twenty twenty two, he was number forty nine in the top one hundred.
Speaker 1: MM. I just don't.
Speaker 2: It's just like I said, and people get upset at me because I know too much. Yea, you dancing you. I just want to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: What are we doing this? But yeah, the money's gonna come. You're gonna make money. Yeah, but in the process, I don't care how much man. Losing gets old. I've done both and I'd rather win.
Speaker 1: Then lose.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, give me making money because you make money. Who doesn't make money?
Speaker 1: Right? But that losing what you ain't got to change. You're like, bro, what the hell am I doing this? Fun?
Speaker 2: I done got up and denied myself and been away from my family, lift all these heavyweight to all eat all this food, doing all the right things, cold, to abstretch and plooded yoga.
Speaker 1: Well why, yeah, hey, listen, think about all that. Think about all that you just said, right, and I played eleven eleven twelve years. How many winning seasons you think I had in that twelve year span. Well, unfortunately you played for the Bengals, So listen, you ain't had the Hey, there was too, It was too too. It was too But I never ever I never.
Speaker 4: Ate Listen, and I know it's funny, but I never ever allowed the winning situation, the fault and effect.
Speaker 1: Determine your place. Oh no, oh no, we was horrible. But I guarantee you well, if you pay eighty dollars for a ticket, you, Finnah, get eighty dollars worth of entertainment. Whether you're playing home mode, I don't care what our record is. I'm coming. I'm coming. I'm showing to show y as you should. Because lose it. It wasn't. They don't.
Speaker 2: They don't pay you based on whether you want to lose or you get a salary regardless. So that man give me an ho day salary. I'm gonna give his ass an honest day's war.
Speaker 4: And he gonna get it every time, because not only not only am I plan for that organization, not only that I'm playing for that name on the back of that jersey. Hell yeah, I ain't feel embarrass myself and everybody else I represent outside of that uniform.
Speaker 1: It ain't happening. It ain't happening.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right, and there's something to be said that when you played for an organization, But look at your name, look at it. Look you only had two winning season, but your royalty in Cincinnati because of the way you conducted yourself, the way you played the game.
Speaker 1: You go back.
Speaker 2: I can go back to dinner. Now I don't get a chance to go back. I can go back to Baltimore. I don't get a chance to go back. But hell, I'm working, so you know that, man, you need to well, y'all do realize I gotta work right, yeah. Now, if it's a special little bit, you know, special occasions and stuff, I definitely try to get back. Like one of one of my teammates or something that I played with got an opportunity to go into the Pro football excuse me, got the Hall of Fame ring or something like that.
Speaker 1: I always try to get back.
Speaker 2: But it's just hard now because just like my focus was on football at the time that I played, my focus now is on nightcap and I'm gonna make sure that I'm prepared and to do the thing.
Speaker 1: And it's just hard.
Speaker 2: I mean, I remember going back and trying to watch the game, and I really wasn't no fun because I'm up in all at mister Bowling's boss and I.
Speaker 1: Ain't watching the game on the field.
Speaker 2: Hell, I'm watching all the other games because I got to talk about them tomorrow on the Undisputed. So I've got to do my due diligence because it's not fair. It's not fair to skill. It's not fair. The FS one that I bring my answer on the show and I'm over there just just pre lancing because I haven't watched the game. No, no, that's not what they paid me for. So in that situation. But hopefully Devon Campbell who figured this out. But that's not a good that's that's not a good look. Dere Devondre Campbell is his name, if being Kyle Shanahan said, this is what he told reporters after the game.
Speaker 1: Devondre Campbell told the team.
Speaker 2: In other words, he told Kyle he didn't want to play anymore, and he left the game in the third quarter of tonight's game. Per head coach Kyle Shanahan, Travarius Ward said he spoke to Devondre Campbell leaving the team in the middle of the game. You're probably gonna get cut you probably, you're probably Kyle ripped Campbell after the Niners lost, said that's somebody who doesn't want to play. The game is playing and simple damn Kettle was not happy either. If you're on the roster, you suit up, you expect to play. I think anyone in this building that has asked to go in to get go win would say one hundred percent of everybody would die getting off the getting off their field football field, excuse me, things going in the football fielding and his decision wasn't for this organization, not even.
Speaker 1: On the team.
Speaker 2: And that's on him, and I'm not happy about it. I hope I'm never around anyone who does that.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: The one thing if you listen, if you're a professional at that, look, oh Jo, I hadn't had a whole lot of jobs.
Speaker 1: Now I've had a whole lot of.
Speaker 2: I had some jobs that I wanted to quit, working from the 'bacco field, clipping on you figuring up he can old watermelon belly kel. I wanted to quit those job. You don't think I wanted to quit what man point went for?
Speaker 5: The have that.
Speaker 1: Nom, sir? You cannot quit as a professional athlete. That is the worst thing of oh Cho.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think, can you think of something worse that you could do as a teammate to your team?
Speaker 1: That's counting because I'm counting everybody. I'm counting on everybody. Oyo.
Speaker 2: I put I put my playing career, I'm putting everything in your hands. I'm asking you to do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then well man what oo man Ocho? Man Ocho said, he does shitn't me?
Speaker 4: Why now, don't even use I don't use me as no example, using somebody else name Dad, I would hey.
Speaker 2: Where at man? He walking up the field? Now I got to come down. Oh joy, sharpest wil like on the sideline. I don't know what happened, Man, get your hands.
Speaker 1: Back in here. Listen.
Speaker 4: The first thing that would jog through my mind if I even thought about quittin is the obstacles, in the hurdles that I had to go through to even get to this point.
Speaker 1: I went through hell to even make it to the league. And you think the fact that I ask I finally made it.
Speaker 4: Think about think about that feeling when that name went a crossed that ticker, or when you got that phone call from your organization. Think about that feeling you had with the tears flowing in your family, everybody crying and celebrate, and you finally make it and you reach the childhood dream, the.
Speaker 1: Pentagle of it. I wanted to always be an NFL player. I finally make it. Because of the situation, I'm gonna walk away from it because I can't play, because I'm not starting.
Speaker 4: No more, because they want me to come off the bench. Hell nah, all the work out and put in everything it took for me to get to this point. You think I'm for the quick man?
Speaker 1: Oh father, I mean child?
Speaker 5: Please, Oh Joe, think about how many times from when you started to where you ended up things didn't go your way and you didn't quit.
Speaker 1: No, definitely didn't. Because now you at that point you like this.
Speaker 4: Hm.
Speaker 1: Oh well yeah, all right, o Joe.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for money Moves, presented by Draft Kings The Carolina Pans. Oh yeah, The Carolina Panthers are favorite to win a football game for the first time in exactly two years on Sunday, their favorite for the.
Speaker 1: First time in thirty three games, and their favorite versus the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: They in a Week fifteen against the Cowboy as a narrow three point home favorite, making it the first time since Week fifteen of twenty twenty two. Yeah, that they are actually the betting favorite to win a game.
Speaker 1: Rightfully, So they should be. They should be for everybody in the chat.
Speaker 4: If you watch the Panthers play defensively and offensively the past three weeks past away, maybe maybe four weeks, and the team they.
Speaker 1: Played, it's come down to the goddamn nail in the coffin. Damn there to the end, Bryce Young, I don't know what you've been eating for breakfast. I don't know what you're eating for lunch. I don't know what you're eating for dinner. But boy, you're playing some hell of a football. Now.
Speaker 4: You look like the Bryce Young we're used to seeing from Alabama. Now you look like the Bryce Young that they picked number one. You playing good football, great football, and the reason why they're going the point that they're scoring. Everything starts at the quarterback position. Yeah, everything starts at a quarterback position. And you're doing everything right that you should be doing to give your team the best chance to win, which is why you guys are the favorite because of your play. Yeah, I mean wow, two years yeah, long time time, long time time.
Speaker 1: You know. The funny thing about it is, well, this is a good thing.
Speaker 4: This might be the start of some special but not just the Panthers Panthers fans, for the Pants organization, but for the team in general.
Speaker 1: Because all you got to do now, based on what you have going on, even though you're losing the games, you're competing. Huh, you're competing. People are barely beating you. So you finished stack it stack them one at a time, one at a time. Take this momentum that you're finishing the season with, carry that bitch on it.
Speaker 4: In the next year, you're gonna have all season, all season acquisitions.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have a draft, and that team's gonna continue to get better.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get pieces in there, and before you know it, everything's gonna change before you.
Speaker 1: Know it, and it all starts. It all starts.
Speaker 4: It all starts with a quarterback, and the quarterback is playing the way he should be playing, which is a good thing for the pants in that organization.
Speaker 2: Hey, legged, don't you let they don't you come out of this game talking about my.
Speaker 1: Bad Hey I know my dog, my dog. I know my dog been on that jug machine heavy though.
Speaker 2: Hey you don't talk about you to have a coon for Thanksgiving, so you should be straight coon baked. But tell you to probably have bail pot You don't have him cut up in some bail paper. Yeah y'all, Yeah, probably had a nice little sweet potato. You just do haven a sweet potatoes too. You don't know nothing aboudamn anyway, And see, you know, back in the day, we had a fireplace to ojo, so we take sweet potatoes. Just put him right down there in the front of the fireplace and the hot cold put the coals on him.
Speaker 1: Who there it is.
Speaker 4: I know, boy, sweet potato. I know about sweet potato. Yeah, but you cook him in the stove. We cooked down to the fireplace, putting them hot coals on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh huh okay, okay, okay, okay with some butter that thing which it still I mean, it still tastes the same note.
Speaker 2: Uh coming like legit, leg it, he coming on night when tonight, Corilla.
Speaker 1: Get tonight, not tonight.
Speaker 4: And if you're in the future, man, this next week when they beat the Cowboys on Sunday, there we go. Matter of fact, you know what, I can see it right now. I'm not saying I'm cleo. He gonna stow twice.
Speaker 1: I damn sure he go. Let's say he gonna score twice. So this Sunday, he coming on this Sunday after they beat the Cowboy, Yeah, he gonna score twice. Watch, I bet you guarantee. Yeah. But I'm happy for Bryce Young. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Most definitely they're playing they're playing much better offense with defense that get after your defensively. Uh, they were very close to the ball game, very close to beating Kansas City, very close to beating Philly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And earlier in the year they were those were games they.
Speaker 4: Would have lost blowouts, that would have been blow They lost those games by thirty.
Speaker 1: You know, this is something they can build on them. You know, I'm happy for I'm happy for for coach Canelis. I'm happy. I'm happy for him because the.
Speaker 4: Way they were playing, he was gonna get fired if you look at if you look at David Temper's track record and his impatience when it comes to coaching and thinking that he can continue to bring people in, and that's there's never any continuity as far as the head coach being able to jail with his team and giving coaches a chance to win and build a team and build a winning team.
Speaker 1: I'm glad they.
Speaker 4: Turned things around for the head coach because now that person is off his back.
Speaker 1: Look Day Temper, look what I'm doing. Now, you see we're on the right track. Give me, give me a little bit mo lease, give me a little bit more lease, and I'm gonna get it together.
Speaker 4: The volume