Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealer's podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your low glasses malone heat dog, what's happening? I was worried about you, dog. I ain't know if you just pulling up.
Speaker 2: Of course I'm pulling up.
Speaker 3: If you ain't steal your name is not norm Steel.
Speaker 4: I had to pull I had to rearrange, uh, the inn apartment studio because.
Speaker 3: Well, move some shit around. So now we've got a whole new layout. Tell me about it. Would you have to move around?
Speaker 4: Well, frankly, I just realized after six months of residence that downstairs, at the bottom of the parking structure there's like an enclosed, secure place.
Speaker 2: To keep a bicycle.
Speaker 4: So rather than my bike taking up a bunch of and serving to hold up one half of my echo proof chamber that concocted here, I took it downstairs to clear ups of flour space.
Speaker 2: And then I had to move this into a corner spots.
Speaker 4: A wall and a chair could hold up the thing, so it's not super echoey.
Speaker 3: And that thought.
Speaker 2: Here we are, but we got the Mini mark so we're rolling.
Speaker 1: So you got the Martinez the Mini Martina is exactly. I really like that masking approach to a Martini, the Martinez with this a little twists on it. Oh yeah, it's I need to get that Joey induced to make sure they make a Martina is Son so they can we can make a Martinez drink.
Speaker 4: Now you're talking, we could really do the La version of the cafe and oil with the cinnamon. It's like, really like put an La stamp on it, just like how just east side the fuck out of it?
Speaker 3: Did you read that lawsuit? I know it was eighty one thing.
Speaker 4: I'm not reading an eighty page lawsuit about Drake's his complaint.
Speaker 1: You know what, it's not really about the complaint. That's not why I wanted you to read it. I think see your mind would have been able to see what I'm saying. So now I'm stuck by myself thinking about it. What are we talking about here this day? Well, I thought about it a lot, right, and I'm like, I'm looking at it and it's most likely not a great chance for him to particularly win this lawsuit, right, the lyrics are really hitting. Well, it's a battle I think common sense would prevail. But I thought about, like what happens if he was to win it, Like, how does the label have to react at that point when it comes to lyrics and records?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 1: Do they start to scrub all of the records? You get what I'm saying. It's almost like this could single handedly ruin hip hop.
Speaker 4: Potentially it does create a civiliability for that. It could also decentralize it a lot. I don't think that it And also like even with that, like there's enough precedent to where the Supreme Court was very generous in its assessment of public figures and how you're able to talk about them satirically or whatever else.
Speaker 2: And I haven't seen a whole lot of viable.
Speaker 4: Cases where like where I don't mean just somebody said some stuff and like nothing happened, or a kind of thing happened, but where there was actually like a person that was shot for sure and claimed that, oh, this is the result of political rhetoric. Steve Scalise comes to mind, the Lady from Arizona so many years ago. It's not something I've seen the courts be willing to take up. I think, if anything, it's a matter of do you really want to open up discovery into this weird theoretical manufacturing of consent model that's being used here. This pick kind of likes to say, oh, you don't really know what you like. We're picking winners and losers for you and telling you what you like. Kind of thing which we throw into credibility. You know a lot of music stardom to some degree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think the legal proceedings is one thing. No Senters Live Lunch hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at noon Pacific Standard time right here on Digital Soapbox.
Speaker 3: Do me as soilid.
Speaker 1: Click that thumbs up button. If you're on Twitter, retweet this link. If you're on Facebook, share a couple of partners, tagging a couple partners and all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: It's time to go in. We do this stream to support the No Sellans podcast. It releases every Tuesday. It's the fourth season.
Speaker 5: Below.
Speaker 1: We have a really great conversation dropping tomorrow. It's The link is below. You can listen to the No Sellings podcast on Apple Podcasts, iHeart Podcasts, or anywhere you get your podcasts. No Sellings Podcasts Executive produced by Charlottagne da God.
Speaker 6: Black Effect podcast Network and iHeartRadio. There you go that part right there. Shout out to everybody at the lunch table. Already, what Upduce Baltimore? Fact, what's hadding?
Speaker 3: Happy? See day?
Speaker 7: Jay?
Speaker 3: What's the deal?
Speaker 1: Sporading much love, Brody, Glad to see you at the lunch all in brand, squish, what's heaving to thank you for moderating, Appreciate that a lot. I ain't a football guy, so shout out to the name brand. He was saying, the Eagles and the Rams. I'm not a football guy. I'm a basketball guy. So all of our stuff been ruined for a while with the Lakers. You know, they making their money. So I ain't got no complaints.
Speaker 3: What was your weekend like mine?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and field real goods lay all the whole time.
Speaker 2: I went to the gym, cook some food.
Speaker 5: That was it.
Speaker 1: I just I really spent a lot of time. I came to the studio every day. One day I didn't want to come, but I came anyway. But I was just thinking about this when I was reading that lawsuit. And again, like I said, it was a It was a lot of pages. You didn't have to read a lot of rhetoric, just simple things. But I just thought about, like, damn, like even from the beginning of it, how it's framed. This frame it's framed as to say, like the reason like violence is happening to him is because of this song. And I just thought that was so disingenuous. Like you know, I spend a lot of time on Twitter. I spent a lot of time on Twitter just really thinking and reading you know what I'm saying, Like I I'm always enjoying, you know what I mean, different people's thoughts, So a lot of times I laugh at different thoughts. But just reading through that lawsuit man, like how it starts, bro, It's like the craziest thing I ever saw in my life from a hip hop perspective, you know what I mean, and rap or anything that has to do with it.
Speaker 3: And it just blew me away. Dog, that somebody could be that disingenuous.
Speaker 1: Like every time I spend like when I go on Twitter, when I go to these spaces to have conversations, when I go do podcasts, radio shows, any of that. I'm always always speaking in good faith. When I talk to my friends, I always speak in good faith, like I always conduct myself Like I got some sense and to watch somebody say right, to watch somebody say like, oh, this is why this is happening, Like that's what I say that if you would have opened it up. The lawsuit opens up with in the middle of the night. On May seven, twenty twenty four, and other reviews of slings, Yes, an our group of assailants drove to Toronto to the Toronto house in which Drake and his family resided. Drake was inside. The car stopped in front of the residents. Someone yelled, fucked Drake, and at least one gunman began to open fire. One bullet went through the security gate and hit Drake's front door. Another bullet struck and wounded a security guard was also one of Drake's friends.
Speaker 3: While the car drove away, Drake.
Speaker 1: And others in the house someing help for the security guard and did everything possible to keep him alive. During the nearly thirty minutes it took for the ambulance to arrive, Drake and others labored to keep the man alive by applying pressure to the gunshot.
Speaker 3: Wound with tiles. Love was everywhere.
Speaker 1: After the security guard arrived at the hospital, surgeons worked quickly to remove the bullet stopped the bleeding and saved his life, though it took days for his condition to stabilize.
Speaker 3: Thankfully, the security guard survived.
Speaker 1: The very next day, May twenty twenty four, a different intruder used his bare hands to dig a hole under security fence surrounding Drake's Toronto house. He managed to dig deep enough to squeeze through and enter Drake's property. Fortunately, Drake's home security guards caught him before he was able to cause any physical harm, although the trespasser managed to yield racist slurs and threats against Drake before being escorted off the property.
Speaker 2: What were the racist slurs?
Speaker 4: I'm curious, were they sure anti Semitic tropes or were they anti black racial slurs? And no, I'm fascinated in part also by the difference between a slur and a trope depending on the target recipient.
Speaker 1: Right then, it says on May ninth, twenty twenty four. The very next day, another break in attempt happened. In the two decades leading up to the May of twenty twenty four, although Drake was constantly in the public eye, nothing remotely like these events had ever happened to him or his family. But these events were not coincidental. They immediately followed and were approximately caused by UMG's actions leading up to and on May fourth, twenty twenty four. UMG is the world's largest music company and also the music company that has represented Drake for more than a decade. Yet on May fourth of twenty twenty four, UMG approved published and launched a campaign to create a viral hit out of a rap track, out of a rap track that falsely accuses Drake of being a pedophile and cost for violent retribution against him.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 1: They are saying this song, not like us, caused his house to be shot up.
Speaker 5: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: This is why the first question I had for you when I read the first paragraph.
Speaker 2: Wasn't a joke.
Speaker 4: This is I don't see how this doesn't get thrown out based off of the actions damage has occurred in the jurisdiction of the Canadian courts.
Speaker 2: He's suing in the US courts.
Speaker 1: I mean, minus the possibilities of him winning the lawsuit. Right, the sheer audacity of this motherfucker to act like.
Speaker 3: This song is why his house got shot up.
Speaker 5: That's crazy. Why do you think.
Speaker 1: We all in the streets know why his house got shot up. He knows why his house got shot up. I'm not these other YouTubers or streamers, so I'm not gonna talk about street business on this thing.
Speaker 3: Butte he knows why. He knows why.
Speaker 1: It's like out there, if you look, you could put it together real fast, right. But it's it's so disingenuous, you know what I'm saying. It's so disingenuous for him to act like this song caused that.
Speaker 3: Type of confusion.
Speaker 1: And you know, I don't mind going back and forth with people on Twitter, you know, every now and then, I'll take my time and really just get into somebody's you know, debate or conversation. I'll allow that space with them. You know, I'll have the human experience with most people as a human. But I whenever I see things that are disingenuous, they immediately rub my spirit in a very awful way. It's in a very awful way, like it bothers me, Pete in a way that's not normal, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it's like.
Speaker 1: People keep talking about the depth of this lawsuits about how they marketed this song or they marketed it incorrectly and illegally, and it's not it's about this song causing him damage. And he's saying the person who you know, the company that marketed this song, should have went in and edited the song.
Speaker 3: That shit is just cowardly, because that shit is just cowardly.
Speaker 1: That's chicken shit from a chicken shit ass motherfucker. You put out your records, you do all of this shit, you compete all the shit you've been doing, you feel me, and then you take a cowards route. I don't know how any fucking man or any human being reads that. I don't care who you are a fan of, bro, I don't care who you're a fan of.
Speaker 3: You know this is chicken shit, and just reading.
Speaker 1: Your dog is like the most saddest, disingenuous, dishonest thing I've ever saw in mine. I've never saw nothing like this, not alone in this space that we call hip hop or even rap music.
Speaker 5: What's your thoughts on people saying.
Speaker 7: That this is this is not him, this is I'm trying to stick it to the man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: What's your thoughts on that? Right there?
Speaker 1: Then there's a million reasons to stick it to the man. Why are you sticking it to the man based off a song where you're dissing somebody in there dissing you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a disingenuous take.
Speaker 1: Him suing you, Like, do you know the type of damage that could cause to a hip hop artist like me or any hip hop artist like to where now they have to send to everything you're saying not.
Speaker 3: Just a battle.
Speaker 1: Like if it's possible for somebody to see a record company because an artist says something about you, why you feel me? That's permanent damage to this specific thing.
Speaker 3: Why would a why would a billion dollar company invest into somebody that they can get pseudo?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm sure, And it's just it's just punk ass punk shit.
Speaker 4: This actually is the closest thing I've seen, or not the close thing I've seen.
Speaker 2: This structurally.
Speaker 4: Is the most similar I would I could say in this regard to when Ozzy Osbourne got sued for liability on a couple of teenager suicides.
Speaker 2: But they sued him, not the distributor.
Speaker 4: But you're still talking about lyrical influence of audience action.
Speaker 2: In that sense, you know, no.
Speaker 1: What even that's a little different. That's some punk shit too. But bro, you're suing the record company because they didn't edit a record where you're competing with another artist in hip hop.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you said the realist pot though, what they're saying that this should go open the floodgates up, man.
Speaker 1: And why would you invest and why would you invest in the artistic merits of this culture if you could be sued for what somebody says artistically?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what will ultimately happen?
Speaker 4: I would guess with this, like, let's say hypothetically it really gains a lot of traction, You'll probably see something happen really shortly thereafter.
Speaker 2: That's very similar to.
Speaker 4: God, I forgot the name of the law, the law that protects social media companies from anything that's transmitted over their platform message wise, it kind of holds them not responsible the same way like AT and T is not responsible for any phone conversations that happens over the course of their.
Speaker 2: You know, infrastructure.
Speaker 3: In that sense.
Speaker 5: You got to bring the other up though too, this shit about the show in Australia.
Speaker 1: So I don't I hope that's not true. I don't want to believe that because what it might be true. Bro, it might be true because even for this lawsuit to be like again, shout out to ALLUZ fans who really just think this is about Payola, or think this is about him trying to get out of a record deal. You know what I mean, Like I totally get the gist of it. But bro, you need to read the lawsuit. You will realize real fast. That's a paragraph. It's not about people talking about lawyers. Shout out to P.
Speaker 3: He said one that assumes micro management.
Speaker 1: The lawyer's job is to try to win, so they are going to write everything in a way to show their client's best case. P. That's disingenuous and it's cowardly, it's irresponsible.
Speaker 3: Like one thing you.
Speaker 2: Got might be but it's a fact.
Speaker 4: See who it might be those things, but it is a fact of how that game works.
Speaker 1: But again, it's not about the game, right. It's like, I understand how chicken shit you could be to win a game, but this is supposed to be the ultimate game of masculinity, and accountability comes in that space, if that makes sense, Like Pete, Like, it's one thing if you see somebody because they kick your ass. It's another thing if you get into a fight with somebody and they kick your ass after you hit him and you saw him, Like, I couldn't really respect a man that does that.
Speaker 2: Sure, I get that.
Speaker 1: I could see if it's something that he has nothing to do with and it's happening to him. So I don't think this. I hope this is not real, but this would probably fit. So the security firm that does all of his security things, and for Australia it's called CVEM Security Group. It was supposed to be a message that lead and it's not a regular message.
Speaker 3: It said.
Speaker 1: Please note the artist also has additional restrictions on items that can be bought and used in the arenas, such as PG LANG merchandise, clothing, hats, or any items associated with Kendrick Lamar brands inclusive. If any merch acquired during Kendrick Lamar's previous tours is a no go. Please view the next page displaying some of the merchandise mentioned.
Speaker 3: Signing Screaming policy.
Speaker 1: All signs must be checked by venue staff at entry points. Any signs containing offensive language, derogatory, this shit is really small. Derogatory remarks or dis is towards Drake or his teens will be confiscated immediately. This includes, but is not limited to, phrases like not like us or any other negative references to Drake's music, image or associates. Moreover, any of that promote any other artists or brands PG Lang or Dreamville can yes containing political or controversial statements unrelated to the event, include memes or Droke or jokes. At Drake's expense. You are encouraged to arrive with a less It's best practice. However, if you have items cloak, they can be cloak for a ten dollars feet with all proceeds going directly to one of our chosen charity partners, like the.
Speaker 2: Drake Legal Fund.
Speaker 4: I'm not a big fan of Australia, so I think that not like US a US is a great concept for me.
Speaker 3: Bro, this is crazy, man, this seems real.
Speaker 5: Bro. I can't be real man.
Speaker 1: Doing this whole thing. Bro, I never said nothing bad about Cuz. Like, I'm getting there, Bro, I'm getting there. Like I'm getting there. I'm getting there. I can't lie to getting there. Bro, Like I'm getting there. It's gonna go bad.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: Like, the question is do you have it in you to do a sequel track entitled Drake Must Die?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: It's coming. You know it's funny, Like it's one thing.
Speaker 1: To laugh at it it's one thing to joke, like, you know, we all joke on Twitter, we all joke in these social media's, but none of us actually think dude is touching for your old girls or five year old girls, like you know what I mean, that's not the thought, that's not a real thought. So for him to parade in front of the legal system, like that's really the thought versus him just being embarrassed, it's.
Speaker 2: Crazy unless maybe it.
Speaker 1: Is, yes, but it's it's it's just odd to believe somebody could be that successful though dog and be a piece of ship, and it's it's just it's just it's irritating my soul, like expressed to.
Speaker 2: You, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: I mean, I feel like maybe outside of like the real hip hop world, like actors, a lot of singers, I mean, these are trite, insecure, low class people. I mean, like like like the the Barbour Streys had house phenomenon. Somebody posted a picture of the roof of her house on the Internet and she sued everybody in the world and it and it was like a small amount of people had seen the picture and then like the firestorm of media blowback.
Speaker 2: They're not blowback, but just coverage that her.
Speaker 4: You know, shotgun spray of lawsuits as a result of that led to her house's drone imagery being shown like a thousand times greater than whatever there wives have been. They're just like I think a lot of those people are just kind of like that. Shout out to me and me Angel, welcome to the lunch table. They got seen you once or twice. Great point.
Speaker 1: This lawsuit will suppress free speech for artists. It will set a precedent record, labels will need to vet lyrics and cover art.
Speaker 3: It's exactly what I've been thinking. What stops all of this?
Speaker 1: And for people that could support it, man, Like, I don't even know what to think about people who support it, Like I don't care how much you love one artist, Like, how could you support that?
Speaker 3: How can you supported.
Speaker 7: I've seen one thing that said that said this battle now now we have to.
Speaker 5: Now we have the.
Speaker 7: Spot where it's basically hip hop culture versus Drake fans. You know what I'm saying, because they like the only ones who's sitting back and fucking and signing with him when it comes to this ship and fucking find some type of reason and for for him doing some ship like that.
Speaker 5: It's crazy though.
Speaker 4: I think, really this is a battle that comes down to and it's the way it's playing out.
Speaker 2: Universal is not.
Speaker 4: Being made to look bad on this mm hmm. In the greater scheme. I think it was probably concocted in a way. Two there's there's no merit to this. There really isn't. There's nothing.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't think for two seconds he has a chance to win the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was concocted for a settlement.
Speaker 3: I means, yeah, they're not gonna settle.
Speaker 4: It has done Universal any damage. I think the goal was we're gonna put this out there. It's gonna do potential damage Universal. They're gonna run from it and the bad pr They're gonna settle. But it blew back and reverse and gave him bad prs. Now they have no it's set up to settle. It's just gonna get tossed.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It's funny, man.
Speaker 1: I usually pray for most human beings, bro pretty much all of them. This is the first time where I'm thinking, like, yeah, whatever happened to him is worthy of happening to him.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like, I.
Speaker 1: Know that sounds crazy, but whatever happens to him is worthy of happening to him.
Speaker 3: It's cowardly, it's chicken shit.
Speaker 1: It's not about defending his name or his brand, It's not about none of that. It's a tantrum by somebody that this motherfucking culture has empowered.
Speaker 3: It's a tantrum alive and it's a bunch of shit.
Speaker 1: Like I couldn't when I was talking to Charlemagne and Van because I'm asking him, I'm like, how could he be this disconnected? Like how could Couz be this disconnected to where? It's like, I know what j Prince is saying, I know what Birdman is saying, I know what they telling him, I know what they saying, don't do this. How could you be this disconnected to where it's like you could threaten how motherfuckers really do their thing? How they make it out of their circumstances because you chose to engage into a battle that somebody got the better of you on.
Speaker 2: He was never connected in the first place.
Speaker 1: I know I've said it, but it's just like, even as a man, bro like, I'm not saying the culture or morality we grow up in, Like I'm not saying that. I'm telling you, just being a man, it's a standard piek for you. I don't think you would sue anybody Pete if you if you got into a fight, you start fighting and somebody got the better. I don't think it's street urban culture that says, hey, you know what you need to be a man and be accountable for actions.
Speaker 4: But this is the problem with the slippery slope principles that a lot of people have been complaining about for twenty thirty years. This is where slim And falls to Like I personally, I don't believe in the concept of wrongful termination.
Speaker 2: You didn't start the company. If the company doesn't want you there, see it.
Speaker 4: I've been wrongfully terminated flagrantly, and I knew its places are trying to get rid of me for months.
Speaker 2: They finally had the Stells that con cox some scheme to fire me.
Speaker 4: I said, idiots, you could have just told me to get the fuck out of here four months ago, and that's when you wanted me to leave.
Speaker 2: They' I'm gonna sue you over this shit. I didn't start this thing.
Speaker 4: But you know, when you create an expectation that facilitates victim compensation, culturally, which is what has happened for a third of a century a minimum. This is what people think, I've been wronged. I should be compensated for this, whether they've been wronged or whether they just think they took a loss. Either way on their own books, they think somebody owes them something. And I'm telling you, if not a near majority, probably a majority of the country views the world that way.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with it. Thanks the truth.
Speaker 1: Good shout out to Earn's Maybe he's trying to get out of his deal and go independent. If that was the case, he could just release the last album of his deal and go independent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't make sense and move on.
Speaker 1: He has one album left he could have turned into party album and then went anywhere.
Speaker 3: This is not going to get him out of his deal.
Speaker 1: Like, why do you guys keep contriving, Like why are you contriving this weirdness of an idea.
Speaker 3: That's not how you get out of a deal.
Speaker 2: And he has the money to buy himself out of the rest of that deal, Go do it, yo, Gotti.
Speaker 1: Shit, it's not even that don't make sense, And it's hard to have this conversation with people not in the music business, because so much of it is built on fluff. If that was the case, Cauz could just turn in the last album and get out of his deal.
Speaker 2: He doesn't owe them a platinum album, he owes them twelve socks.
Speaker 3: And he has an album on cue. Don't make sense.
Speaker 1: None of the things, none of the things try to forgive me. None of the things people are talking about makes sense. None of the things, even the concept of lowering his value and brand. Your value and brand is all it's all built on exactly how many albums you could stream, or how many songs, how many streams you can get, how great.
Speaker 3: Can your records be.
Speaker 1: None of this makes sense because it didn't stop his last album from streaming. It didn't stop any of these things happening. So I don't get how anybody, I guess if you ignorant to how the music business works, you know what I mean, you wouldn't get it. But being on the inside of it and being a part of it for over a decade, like none of it makes sense.
Speaker 5: Trapped Yeah, but no, no.
Speaker 7: It makes sense because we don't know Jack what it is. He can't foolish from what it is. You can say all that shit right there, you're trying to stop the super Bowl. Man, he's embarrassed. You know what I'm saying. It's fucking you started a fight and now you got your ass. We know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We all know what it is.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. You can't try to figure out what I'm saying if he has some other type of shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So that's all it is. Really, You know I was gonna say, was this is all in his text of this is? This is where he come from? Though?
Speaker 7: Was you in the that thing when we found out that the motherfuckers try to suit the fucking TV company?
Speaker 3: I told you all read it to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he tried to be you heard about that ship, Pete. He tried to sue that he was on the game.
Speaker 1: So he was a part of the Grassy. It was about three years ago, four years ago, and the Grassy executive for it, you know what I'm saying. They reported on the story three or four years ago. The Grassy executives came forward and said that Drake was trying to sue them right because they threatened a lawsuit because he felt being in a wheelchair. His threat was being in a wheelchair actually hurt his chances to be successful in hip hop, and he would pull out of the show if they didn't get him out of the wheelchair. And the executives brought him into the office and they talked to him and they said, hey, man, like, what's the problem. He said, well, no, we didn't send that, and they're like, but this came from your representative. He's like, oh, well, you know, we didn't. He said, well, do you have a problem with Jimmy being in a wheelchair? And he kind of said, yeah, I don't. I don't really like that, Like I don't like that. I don't think it's good for my brand. And they like, bro, you got shot. You're in a wheelchair, Like there's nothing more hip hop than that. And it was crazy to listen to these executives from this TV show understand exactly how you know what I'm saying, Like it still kind of carried the same energy of of you know, overcoming something, and he didn't. He thought it would be a bad idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well that's what It's just a stango. That's what we do what I was saying.
Speaker 4: Then the actor who was in the Wheelchair and Boys in the Hoods sue John Singleton, though, isn't it just based off of that?
Speaker 3: Finally, I don't know did he? Oh Man, Chris.
Speaker 8: Like, what the fuck? I heard that?
Speaker 5: And that was crazy though, So I just showed me that. That's that's what he do. He that's that.
Speaker 7: It's the Jewish side of him right there. Man's I don't get my way, I'm a suit. Yeah, that's that's what it is.
Speaker 4: That's starting with money side. I mean, like, like, I come from lawsuit Heaven. It's not just Jewish people doing that. I don't want to knock Jewish people for that. It's it's like I told you, like, the worst punch I ever seen landed in high school in my life resulted in the sixth figure lawsuit because some dude threw his books down and stunted at the guy like this, and the other guy was like ship and clocked him, and the parents sued the other.
Speaker 8: Six figures.
Speaker 3: Jew shout out to the goat, Welcome to the lunch table, Brody, I never saw you. Welcome.
Speaker 1: UMG about to block everything he does, he might not be able to release the last album.
Speaker 3: One of them did that for.
Speaker 1: Sure that's guaranteed, Like he's not gonna be able to release it at this point. I mean, they're gonna give him shit. And if they even did let him, they for sure wouldn't support it. They're not gonna let him release it on another label. They have exclusive rights to his music. That's why I'm saying that the business part of it that everybody's talking about doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: And it's hard for me.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's the humble beginnings.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's growing up in continent wise, I don't know what it is that makes me think nobody's ego could be that fractured in big.
Speaker 2: Rategically, Like, look, this clocked my career.
Speaker 4: That was on borrowed time. Anyway, I need to get a check on the way out the door. That kind of stuff happens.
Speaker 1: But that don't make sense. He wouldn't he wasn't going to not be able to make money in the business like it wasn't like because he lost the battle, his career was over. That's just not how hip hop worked, That's not how rap music works. Like jah Ruth still had a couple platinum albums and hit singles before you know what really caused the end of murder inc we've talked about it is when the FEDS came after IRV Gotti. If that was truth, and Joah would have got signed someplace else. Yeah, but it's more to that, right that he was trying to hold out with his men. They remember the Feds, they wouldn't do business with IRV Gotti. He signed the IRV Gotti so they couldn't do business anywhere else. And he just rolled it with his homeboy, just rolled it out. It wouldn't have been like jah Ru couldn't have got signed at another label. This is not true, Like it's not the battle. No battle has ever ended a rapper's career. What they do after the battle determines what happens to their career. It's just a rap battle. There's a there's a whole league of people rap battling every week and they lose and win, and people come back and back again, like you didn't lose. If that was the case when he lost to Push a T that would have been the end of his career, or when jay Z lost to Nas that would have been the end.
Speaker 3: Of his career. It don't work that way.
Speaker 2: But it was the pr battle.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying he didn't lose the PR battle. He's making the PR worse. Like everything he's doing post the battle is making the PR worse. The battle would have just been over. Like, yes, we would have talked about the day we saw that fight. You know, we saw you know, a sugar Ray Leonard lose to Duran, But he came back and he won the next fight. Now when he fought him again, like it's normal, you can lose. Losing is not the end of life. That's funny listening, it was sunny listening. Came back and won after that. After he lost still, George came back.
Speaker 3: George Foreman lost and came back twenty years later and did something no other fighter in the history of the heavyweight division has ever done.
Speaker 2: It did he He went into hibernation for two decades and came back and a reunion tour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's more about his own thing.
Speaker 1: Shout out to a thank you for the five dollars man feeding us some months at this lunch table, Yo, glasses, I gotta ask what you think about Drake not along PG Lane outfits at this new concert out of concern.
Speaker 3: We just mentioned that A much love. Welcome to the lunch Table.
Speaker 2: Bullies might like whipped you with a T shirt like in a locker room style.
Speaker 4: You could get hurt by one of those shirts more than say another shirt like a hand shirt.
Speaker 2: Nah throwing out there.
Speaker 7: I think I think he's trying to. I think he felt like he's already been getting trolled for the past eight months and he's like, yo, listen, I know they gonna probably around and pull up to the fucking show and troll me in the front row with nothing but PG Lane shirts and ship like that. Let's let's let's bought it for coming in the stadium. You know what I'm saying. You can't avoid the troll though.
Speaker 4: I think it it's interesting that he is performing that far away from Compton. I mean, it doesn't get you further in Australia.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the name brand, thank you for the comments. My boyther is lunch Table. The artist formally known as Drake come in.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 1: When I first got my record deals with Cash Money Records, and I was in with my attorney, Bob Lieberman, and I was reading through the contract, the final contract that they sent me that I had to sign, and it said it started with the artists and his likeness. Yeah, And I remember asking Bob, like, what the hell is the artist in his likeness? And he goes through this story. He said, there was an artist in the late seventies and eighties that was signed to Warner Brothers. He didn't like how things was going with his contract or they were supposed to change I think the royalty rate of his contract and they didn't, and he started to release music under a symbol. And he said after that they added the concept of likeness. He said that artist was prince, so they actually did things to actually combat that.
Speaker 3: But do you think that.
Speaker 4: Drake, instead of writing slave on the side of his face, could write plaintiffs on the side.
Speaker 2: Of his face as a brand revival principle?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Memi Angel, thank you for being at the Lynch tapele one contributing. Appreciate that glasses. You are trying to rationalize something that is root and emotions. He is throwing a tempered tension. He hired lawyers to fight this fight for him, You know what, It seems that way, But I just cannot believe, like this is just unfucking believable.
Speaker 3: This is a grown ass man.
Speaker 4: This is what happens when you grow up in a different ecosystem and then exist in a compensated echo chamber for twenty years. I mean, like you see weird, like super eccentric, you know, like like weird famous white people to get into like bizarre circles. This is that playing out in a different way. You're a weird, anti social person. You're you're not a mainstream personality. You're some sort of you know, savantage type individual. And then you exist in this tiny circle of people that happened to be on the payroll for twenty years, and your perspective is warped. Imagine you didn't start off regular, Like I know.
Speaker 3: I said seven years ago that Due wasn't hip hop, and I didn't think he was this far away from the culture. Like I didn't think he was this far away from in the culture.
Speaker 4: I don't know what street it is like in Long Beach. It's like you either on one side of Cherry or the other.
Speaker 1: Shout out to p regardless if you believe his business was hurt or not. What option does a business have because it's kind of like it's kind of sounding like you're saying lay down. What do you mean lay down? There's no fight to fight, pee Like. All you have to do is release music. All he has to do.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: It's tantamount to General Motors suing Tesla for eating up market share of their ev division or something else, or suing a governing body at the Department of Energy and saying, oh, Department of Energy, you allowed for Tesla to gobble up all of our market share from the Chevy Vault, which sucked.
Speaker 1: Like I could see if this battle stopped him from being able to release music.
Speaker 3: It didn't.
Speaker 1: I can see if this battle stopped him from like if they was like this not like a song is so good. We don't want to release your music Drake anymore. You're you're we're letting you go off the label, and then you know, other labels like, you know what the way you lost that battle, we.
Speaker 3: Don't want to sign you. That's not what's happening.
Speaker 1: I can see if he put out not like us, and then Australia said, you know what, we're going to cancel these concerts. We don't want to lose the money on you because people don't want to see you anymore. They don't want to come to your concerts because of this not like Us song, like nothing has changed or what the fuck are y'all talking about? Bro, what are y'all talking about? He didn't lose any Nike. He did not release a press release. Well you know what, these new facts and this not like Us says we need to actually disassociate our business with Drake because of Kendrick's allegations, and we know they're true. We're cutting off your business. That's not what's happening. So he didn't need to do anything for his business but do business. He didn't need to do He didn't need to do anything for his business but do business.
Speaker 4: After the battle, didn't the Raptors revoke his season tickets?
Speaker 1: Though, No, what no, Wow, nothing happened like he is. I was telling somebody on Twitter like they was like, you know, man, you know Kendrick killed him. I said, no, that didn't kill him. We're not watching a murder, we're watching a suicide.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gave him though.
Speaker 2: It's like, it's like how online bullying leads to a suicide.
Speaker 1: It's not shout out to Todd. Nike wouldn't announce something like that unless it was true. They didn't separ they didn't sever their business. Todd Nike didn't say, hey, we're severing our business. He didn't lose any contracts because of a battle. People don't lose contracts because of a battle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, there's teeth to contracts, and you have to say he's he's in breach of contract. Is there a don't lose battle clause in the contract?
Speaker 1: Man, that's a good contract clause. If you lose a battle, we don't owe you any more money. You know what I'm saying that he'd be.
Speaker 2: Suing to argue that he actually won technically I won.
Speaker 3: Because it's just unbelievable. Would have believed somebody mind could be this messed up, Like I'm struggling to believe a man's mind could be this messed up.
Speaker 1: That's a struggle for me. Hmm, suplain, I cannot believe he could be this emotionally bothered by losing a bat Like.
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong, I've lost things.
Speaker 1: My mother passed away, the federal government took everything I had twice in my life. Right, I've lost things, but I've never let them completely compromise my whole journey. Shout out to Todd Man. I got a big hypothetical. What happens to the industry if UMG loses this case, if it's the end of hip hop in the record business. If UMG lost this case, it's the end of hip hop. At that point, they will start to censor every last thing an artists. If one artist or if a person can sue a record company because of what an artist says, why the hell they would have to censor everything, and immediately they would scrub everything cultured from it, because that's the whole point of it, right the conversation. So it would be the end of hip hop. If he won, hip hop would forever be done. It would go into a space where it's nothing but clean people doing it, saying clean and regular things that nobody care about. Shout out to Lucky Lawrence Glasses. Do you think the creative thing to do here is remixed to not like us addressing other artists like Joey Badass. Nah, you could just leave that alone. That's just what it is. Shout out to Squishy. No matter the color or creed, glasses, I think men are men. I don't care what creed of color. I think this is like a standard amongst men. Shout out to earns. So what is the ultimate outcome after this lawsuit? Drake and his lawyers know exactly what they are doing. Nothing happened for no reason. There's a purpose behind all this. I don't think that's true. See, Like I thought to myself just like that initially, Like I've always gave Drake entirely too much credit for being intelligent. I've always gave him too much credit for being like his success. And the reality is it's a lot more into that than he is. Defamation amount they want the court to name it, gotcha, No, I mean like they're there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's legally too much, very close to a ongoing lawsuit that is having active mediation happening as we speak right now. The distance between parties is so vast. It reflects the subjectivity of perspective and interpretation of reality and how distorted that can be between parties.
Speaker 2: The idea that, yeah, you can't.
Speaker 4: Have somebody who's highly talented as a litigator, believe, push comes to shove. I think I can win this thing based off of ABCDFG. Another guy goes based off of my ability and my track records. You don't see the chance in hell based off of x y Z. That's like every lawsuit, you know, that's half of every lawsuit in a courtroom today.
Speaker 2: So I mean, never be amazed.
Speaker 3: Shout out to P. His whole claim is things have happened business and safety wise.
Speaker 1: I'll take his word like I take your word hate speculating what reebs could be affected.
Speaker 3: It's just not true. P. That's just not true.
Speaker 1: Doesn't say that he's only claiming things have happened safety wise.
Speaker 3: Nothing. They're not claiming in the lawsuit nothing has happened business wise, saying hey, you know what Universal went from offering us, you know, six hundred million to two hundred million. That's not what's saying.
Speaker 1: He hasn't said one thing has happened business wise in this whole Yes, it's probably why he's going to move the lawsuit.
Speaker 2: A season desist order he's looking for in some sort of a statement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wanted he wanted Universal to pull the record down in July am out May fourth. He wanted them to pull it down roughly sixty days later, so he reached out to UMG and said, hey, you know what, this song right here is causing harm to my safety and Universal, you know they not the most street people in the world, but they also ain't stupid. If me and Trapp know what happened in Wise House got shot up, then they know Wise House got shot up. They're not crazy. So they didn't give any credence to what he was talking about. So he was saying like he was threatening the lawsuit in the UMG said, you would look stupid trying to sue us over a battle that you were in with another rapper where you're insulting him and he's insulting you. And he just went through it anyway because he didn't get them to do what he wanted them to do. He wanted them to take down He wanted them to censor Kendrick Lamar's record, and it's weird because he didn't censor his own record.
Speaker 3: And that's yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: The bottom line is it's like closing the door after the horses have already left.
Speaker 3: The barn at that point, shout out the trees, my lord, much love, bro, thank you for the five dollars, Appreciate you feeding us that lunch on me, Bruce.
Speaker 1: Egos can lead to your own death. That's what happened right now with Drake. It looks like that you guys are all right, shout out to Todd Glasses. We can't speak too soon. We don't know what proof of whatever it is he allegedly have.
Speaker 3: Yes, we do.
Speaker 1: It's not soon. He just doesn't have he knows why his house got shut up. That's just not true. Dude, probably could pull something out that exposes UMG for unethical practices.
Speaker 3: That's not what he's suing for. He's not suing you and fun of unethical practices.
Speaker 1: He's saying he's swing them because they put out a dish record and marketed a dish record that was disrespecting him. It's not about unethical practices. You guys kind of keep trying to really guide the narrative into something that that's not the lawsuit. The lawsuit is over specifically what Kendrick Lamar said to him and UMG promoting the record, or Kendrick Lamar said those things about him. It's not anything else. Like I can read this lawsuit to you. We could go through all of those lyrics, you feel me and at the end of the day, you know what I mean, You would have to know that's about the lyrics. And he said that would be a huge plot twist. Nothing, Todd is gonna make a huge plot twist. This can't go anywhere but bad. And you can't say this is not true because only the courts know what's going on, the courts don't know what's going on.
Speaker 7: Todd.
Speaker 2: That's probably the last person that knows, because they're.
Speaker 1: Like and Todd like, look, man, this is not a This is not a battle, Like you're not in a battle. I'm like, this is a regular thing. Back to that point, Glasses, we can't speak too soon. We don't know what proof or whatever he's allegedly have.
Speaker 3: Yes, we do. We do know what proof. We do know the proof.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have proof that nobody shot up his house because Kendrick Lamar dropping out like us. That's ridiculous. He could pull out a huge UMG for unethical practices. He's not suing them for unethical practices. He's suing them because they marketed a record dissing him. It's no plot twist. That's the actual lawsuit. It's a defamation lawsuit. He couldn't sue them for anything else. He couldn't sue them for Paola on another record. He couldn't sue them for anything else. He's suing them because they marketed a record where somebody had inflamma said inflammatory material about him on a record they promoted it.
Speaker 3: That's what he's sawing them for.
Speaker 1: Toad like, you gotta you gotta kind of stay focused, like it's not one of those things glasses. You are being super biased.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 1: The suit mentions Paola and Box also, which is unethical practice. If that's true, you gotta stop being biased. That's not the point. He's not swing them because they marketed Payola bots. He's suing them based off of the other seventy paragraphs where he's talking about the lyrics of the song come On Man like you got that, And it wasn't a laws to he was trying to petition them. He was trying to bring criminal charges. He wanted the federal government to bring criminal charges on them for these things. That's why he called it a corporate rico. M you know, I mean, it wasn't That wasn't what he was trying to do. He dropped that case because it was ridiculous and went straight for defamation, saying they're marketing a record that Kendrick Lamar has said.
Speaker 3: The unsavory things about him, like listen to the stuff. I'll read some more of it here it is. Here's more lyrics.
Speaker 2: Do the record label for defamation and not the artist himself.
Speaker 1: Because they convinced him. You know what I'm saying. They convinced him that it would make him look bad, he said. Within the first minute, the recording identifies Drake by name and states that Lamar has heard that Drake as a pre unde say Drake, I hear you like them young in quotation marks. The next line is a thinly veiled threat that Drake should be careful that he never ends up in prison, a place where child predators are notoriously the target of violence. You better not ever go to sell block one. The recording continues to say that any woman who falls in love with Drake should be careful to hide her little sister from him. Next, in a perverse reference to Drake's twenty twenty one album Certified lover Boy, Certified lover Boy, Certified Pedophiles. In a play on the dual meaning of minor a person under the age eighteen and a musical skill, the recording says that Drake is trying to strike a chord and it's probably a minor. Later in the recording, Lamar describes Drake as Malibu's most wanted.
Speaker 3: The recording continues.
Speaker 2: To see because he doesn't own a home, is cal.
Speaker 3: This is unbelievable. The recording continues to say that Drake and people in the circle need to be served with a subpoena because a predator moves in flocks and as search that Drake's name gotta be registered and placed on neighborhood watch, Like, y'all gotta get this.
Speaker 5: This is in a lawsuit.
Speaker 3: Me, that's in the long suit. Bro, that's in paragraph that's in paragraph fifty four to paragraph sixty three. They just go through the lyrics. Listen.
Speaker 1: The recording also repeatedly suggests that violence should be used against Drake because he is a pedophile. Like the sound of someone being beaten up. The recording repeats wa wa, and then says Lamar will fuck him up. Later, the recording threatens that if Drake comes to Oakland, where Lamar grew up, he will make it out. He won't make it out alive. I think that Oakland show going be your last stop.
Speaker 2: Did he grow up in Oakland?
Speaker 3: No, Kendrick, did I grew up in Oakland, he.
Speaker 2: Should sue him for defamation.
Speaker 1: Like fuck a caption but through physical islands want action, no accident and I'm hands on he fuck around and get polished. At the end of the recording, the lyrics threatenedly repeat, hey hey, hey, hey, run for your life. Hey hey, hey, hey, run for your life. Which that is not even about Drake. That's about people running away from Drake. The recording contains. The recording contains numerous additional statements that imply the existence of evidence to support the allegations against Drake. The recording threatens that Lamar could reveal more secrets about Drake. Rabbit hole is still deep. I can go further, I promise, and that the public will believe him. The audience is not dumb. Shape the stories how you want, Hey, Drake, They're not slow. The recording continues by making reference to several Drake songs and accusing Drake of being a liar for denying pedophile, denying allegations of criminality, the family matter, the truth of the matter. It was God's plan to show y'all the liar.
Speaker 5: I want to hear him break down. That did they break? The comedy that the COEs apart.
Speaker 1: Down to yes, furthering okay, let me. The recording also makes a Voger attack on Drake's brand. Oh v oh what o v O foe the other vaginal option pussy and let me hear you say O v ho O v ho say o v ho rantasies ov ho. Furthering, the recordings refrained that that Drake is not like us. The recording alludes to Drake's Jewish heritage, saying that Drake is not a colleague but a fucking colonizer.
Speaker 7: Bro, that's crazy, that's good heat.
Speaker 3: I can't you can't make this ship up, bro, Like you can't make this up.
Speaker 7: When this story gets told twenty years from now, like some fucking some Hollywood story should be Oh my god, like this is crazy.
Speaker 5: This is a movie, man, it's a bad movie at that. But it's a movie. Though. This is like a fucking lifetime some shit like that. This is a fucking bird.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy, shout out to tide. Yeah, but people go flip the narrative and be like Kendrick sue too.
Speaker 3: Law is law.
Speaker 1: You gotta stand on business. I don't know, y'all gotta stop using that term. I don't know what the hell business that that. That's not what that means, like going to if you work at McDonald's and you flipping Hamburger.
Speaker 3: That's not what they mean when they say standing on business. It's not.
Speaker 1: It's cool, bro, but that's not what they mean. Shout out to trees. Trees is really feedings. That's fifteen dollars from you. Thank you for the five dollars. I think Drake not dropping music because he don't know what to rap about anymore. He can't rap about being number one anymore, or women in the same light. In my opinion, that's not true. Trees like Drake can rap about number one. He was still the number one most streamed artist last year, whether it's his catalog or whatever. Like, he's not some run of the meal artists where he can't drop songs.
Speaker 4: Or women in this country that would love to hear a song about how they should be given a bunch of expensive things for free.
Speaker 2: That market will never dry up nor die I.
Speaker 3: Think again, it goes to the people in this at the lunch table that's saying Drake is not dropping music because he's throwing a tantrum. It's not like I.
Speaker 1: Can't logically, you know, I would love to believe somebody that's more successful like Drake. You know, somebody that's achieved more in the music business like Drake is smarter than I am. But that don't actually or more intelligent. That actually doesn't make mean it's true, like somebody even as successful as that, can make dumb ass moves like dumb. Yeah, absolutely dumb moves. And I cannot help but to understand and be aware of how dumb of a move this is.
Speaker 3: It's just dumb.
Speaker 2: He's turned himself into the Antonio Brown of hip hop.
Speaker 1: I think he could shout out to the homie Kelvin Kell, what's up baby? He ain't gonna be at a popp it like he used to. Of course he can now are we gonna believe it?
Speaker 3: Is different? But trust me, it's enough people in this world that will believe it.
Speaker 1: None of it makes sense to me, Kelvin because like I don't get like it's not like he lost anything on his brand. Like, yeah, there're gonna there gonna be some people that's gonna make you work harder to get their attention, right, they get to bring credence to what you're saying. But he is in a position where he had the greatest companies in music history supporting what he does. So it doesn't make sense. There's no way, there's no way possible that any of this makes sense. He can get on the mic and say anything, He can get on the mic and make records like all you would have to do is work harder. But it's Drake, So none of this makes sense to me at all. Shout out to uh not for sale man. We appreciate the five dollars, bro much love to the two six, you know what I mean? The Northwest Drake should have stuck his comeback season so far gone persona. I feel like the industry empowered is fake tough image. Possibly I'm not mad at that, I mean, but I also think again, even when I'm listening to him, even when I'm listening to him talk, you know, like it's almost like he actually believes not like us really changed his career.
Speaker 7: I cannot believe eleven songs ain't dropped eleven song and ain't not one of them cracked?
Speaker 9: What as normal?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying projections that he was doing. It was like eleven thirteen songs ain't through shit.
Speaker 3: You think he saw that. It was like, I'm over like this one song, and it's true because he is.
Speaker 4: It's different when you're not substantive and he's not. Okay, let's put that to bed. A lot of his ship is predicated on the idea that he's cool. Thereby anything comes out of his mouth is cool enough or whatever.
Speaker 3: You take that out and now you're just a shitty rapper cultural cachet.
Speaker 1: But he's good as he's a great record maker still even if he.
Speaker 3: Lost of cultural cachet.
Speaker 4: But if you got a scarlet letter next to your name, that's really really damaging.
Speaker 7: Yo. I think this ship all comes down to you know what I'm saying, Like he needed to just take a break. Be people was tired of that nigga man. I mean man, that's excuse the name work, but people was tired of him though, man like, like he needed he needed to just sit back and relax, you know what I'm saying. Even after the battle he took the l sat back, relaxed. Let us see you next October. Bro, Like, come on, you ain't giving nobody your break's how you know? They were just trying to milk that cow for a much tiger out of him. Be for real, for real, you know what I'm saying, Because it's like it's like he couldn't take a break. It's like they wouldn't let him.
Speaker 5: Take a break.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's him.
Speaker 5: I think it was him keep wanting to go out there and put them heels on?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: Like you gotta understand what it's like. I was saying to y'all the other day and on clubhouse at ADHD.
Speaker 3: It's like he wanted to do this.
Speaker 1: He realized not only would this change his fortune, but it also would change his cultural cachet. Like I'm starting to realize how valuable this street urban culture is.
Speaker 3: Like it's on.
Speaker 1: Another level because like he was ready to sue the company that pretty much changed his life. Right, you're gonna sue. You're threatening to leave the job. Right, you're threatening to leave the job of this Nickelodeon show. Let you tell it. Let you tell it that put you in your mom in a better position, that got you to buy a car, a nicer place, And you're gonna leave it because you're worried about your reputation when it comes to making records. You feel me, that's showing me again. This culture. The thing that I defend so vehemianly is important. Like it's if everybody else sees the value, even if us in the center of it don't truly get it. Oh like they like when I first thought Drake wasn't hip hop based off of the studies, I knew, you know what I'm saying, it was different. Like I was like, oh, this is different, Like this is special. You know, these New York brothers really gave us something special. And then at that point I knew that how I felt about it and how I was gonna stand up for it. But man, when I watch Vlad or Adam or anybody else truly become millionaires because of it, just listening to some brothers, you know, from the same country that all these other people from. But like this story specifically is that valuable. Shout out to Mimi Angel, thanks for the comment at the lunch table.
Speaker 3: Sate you.
Speaker 1: What's crazy is the anti Semitic aspect putting his lawsuit regarding the song ironic because the boss of you and G is Jewish. They don't even think it's They know how this rap battle stuff go. They've been around this business so long and they actually try to get you not to get into rap battles because they really be like they don't really matter, but people gonna do what they do.
Speaker 3: Shout out to RUFFI and tv A g mark my words. Kate is gonna end up in court.
Speaker 1: He's gonna realize it makes no difference in the eyes of the community whether you sue the company or the person for a song.
Speaker 2: Understand that sense almost juxtaposed.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe, but I think he'll lose every lawsuit.
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna lose every Like all he's doing is digging himself a deeper hole. You mean, after he loses the you, he's gonna try to sue, but he's gonna lose every lawsuit. Like that's the problem. Like you're gonna keep losing because that's not This.
Speaker 3: Is not true. This is not real.
Speaker 2: And let's say loses on the standing issue, it's not gonna matter what he won't so it won't.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Cam, thank you for the five dollars, brother. I am praying for Kendrick. I wish Drake would go away. You know, I don't want him to go away. I just want the man to get back to making some damn music and stop with this done shit.
Speaker 2: I don't want him to make any more music. I want him to go away.
Speaker 4: He's he is a massive amplifier of pussy interest rates and find it disgusting.
Speaker 1: Shout out to p So are you saying if he was in a different position, you'll believe he took damage. He didn't take damage because battle rap doesn't damage you. What you do after a battle will mess you up. Like what battle is, it's what's damaged is his ego. His business is not damage. Universal Like, listen, if let's say all of those numbers were true. Let's say he was on the verge of getting six hundred million this time, right that all those numbers are true, and Universe was like, you know what, you lost that battle. We're not gonna give you six hundred million. Warner will give you six hundred million. Like you like you still have negotiating power, You're still drake. If you put out the If you put out the album, will party and that album sells two three billion streams. You know it does two to three billion streams. You can go to Warner Brothers and say, hey, they sleeping, let's do this for the money.
Speaker 7: Can't go to warn up they said, old boy, old boy centers over at. Warner said, on the you can probably in upon it.
Speaker 3: I mean wherever you can go, anywhere you I mean you you have the keys to the castle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's all there's all kinds of ways you could sell.
Speaker 3: Warrior.
Speaker 1: This is past a rap battle. Gee, it's war. Anything go, it's not war. Only people who never been in war think this is war.
Speaker 3: This is not war. This is just a rap battle.
Speaker 7: So this be my question though, right, so so he could do that suit right there, right so now can Kendrick come back around and do a suit and say yo? He said I was a wife. He said I beat my wife or his wife could do that or yeah or say or say yo yo. He said, my best friend is the is the real father of my of my chat like bro, like, come on, man, this shit is getting wicked me like it.
Speaker 5: It's take the ad with it.
Speaker 7: And I'm saying, I think after February ninth, that's when Super Bowl is that she's gonna be thrown out.
Speaker 1: He's just trying to shout out to Don Dubb. I think we're overlooking his team. He is being talking. He is being oh he has been talking with a team, and these are moves being made. I don't think it's his team. Don like knowing the team and the guys. That's not his team. Just that's not how they would do things.
Speaker 2: And this is like another thing also that.
Speaker 3: Like shout out to Mark. Go ahead and read Mark's comment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every once in a month, every month or so, I get into I guess somebody agrees with me.
Speaker 2: Mark, you the best.
Speaker 4: I agree with Pete obviously the smartest guy in the room, not me Mark. The Drake brand is about being the top guy for ten years. His fans live and die by him being the winner. Neither party knows what to do.
Speaker 2: With the loss.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Soukla, what's going on, Sue Tray, Soca, what's going on on? My brother, Michael love Man, Welcome back from Mexico. Thank you for the gifted ten digital soal Box network memberships. I still don't know what that is, but we great. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is. I need to get figure out what it is.
Speaker 5: Thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: We got to call steal and ask about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Shout out to black black Eye too, do you think he is suing to protect interest? He got in other brand deals. He got contracts with Disney's. That's a partnership. You don't want a PDF sting with deals like that. They didn't pull out of the deals. He doesn't need to sue them. Disney understands it's a rap battle. Like the fact that y'all think there's American brands that don't understand what just happened. Like people, White people are not as clueless as you guys would like to give it to believe they are. They're not that clueless. Nike knows it was a rap battle. Disney knows it was a rap battle. Toronto raptors know it was a rap battle. Nobody left the battle thinking to themselves, know what, Drake just might be a pedophile.
Speaker 3: That's not at all.
Speaker 2: How did Ketric coup this information? And if we all missed it?
Speaker 3: Yes, oh you know what, shout out to Kendrick Lamar because we had no idea, Like, that's not what's happening though it don't make sense, shout out to shout out to them me Todd oh g that's speed.
Speaker 1: He making more sense than the whole Twitter world. What he said, true, people was just tired of Drake winning. When you win like he did all the years. Only thing left for people to do is see if you get to your your head.
Speaker 3: To that could be true.
Speaker 4: Too.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: Again, people get tired of people winning that standard, but that still is no reason to behave this way.
Speaker 1: This is just ridiculous. I'm not reading that soon. I'm not reading that, Sue. No, no, no, no, no, what's up.
Speaker 3: Drake is pissed.
Speaker 1: He refuses to believe he lost to Dot any other rapper but died you could tell. I think he always been scared at that. He's so pissed, he like, how dare you? His ego is going to get the best of him. You know what's funny? Like knowing knowing knowing Dot right, and and he's matured obviously a million but the core of him, I really truly believe I always will know who he is, no matter if I hang with him all the time like I used to, or I don't see him often like I do now, and I talk to him sometimes.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: So there's a there's a there's a reality that Drake. Drake took him on tour, right, Drake took him on tour, and that was solid, But how he treated him on tour is the problem. If you don't create that camaraderie with somebody and you think that they should just be grateful that.
Speaker 3: You put him on tour. Everybody is now.
Speaker 1: I was telling my niece this, everybody is not light glasses Malone, Like, here's a real story.
Speaker 3: I don't want to tell it, but I'm gonna tell it anyway. When I first got signed to.
Speaker 1: Black Wall Street, right shout out to facing g Ride, don't tell a story.
Speaker 4: Are you sure you can tell the story without getting sued? Man, I don't want to allow you to, you know, be subjective legal exposure.
Speaker 3: I'll be fine. I don't think Chuck is gonna suit me. Oh okay.
Speaker 2: I thought this had to do with Trake.
Speaker 3: Everybody, no, no.
Speaker 1: So when I first start fucking with Black Wall Street, Fox sent Rest in Peace for the most part, brought me to Most people don't know this, but for faux Bent or Billboard as they call him as a rapper, brought me to Black Wall Street. Now, I knew g Ride before. G ry was a hustler, and everybody around the way knew who g Ryd was. I didn't know game. I mean, I've seen Jay before it because he played at com High School and we would go there and our low Riders and watch the game. But I didn't really know him. His brother Face is a legend. Big Face was a legend amongst the generation. That's my generation, his homeboy, his young homie, little Face and Whack who you see in the red car that be with Game. Not Whack from Pacoima Pou, not his manager, but Whack from Fruit Town. Those were guys I knew from the streets. They used to come to the neighborhood and I'd be hustling and they be politicking, and we just had a good time. We had a great relationlationship. But Fox sent is the guy that took me to g Ride facing Game. So they thought I had talent and they decided that that I could rock with they movement. And that's where Black Wall Street Blue Division came from. Fast Forward Game is figuring his way out. Shout out to Jim Jones because Jim Jones brought a lot of extra validity. I you know, I hope Chuck wouldn't get upset fitting me for saying this, but what with Jim Jones was able to help secure for Game on the East Coast, You know, just like Game gave a lot more credence to Jim Jones being a blood, you know, being out the West. In this connection, it benefited both of them and it really took him, gave him his first hit record. Shout out to Jim forgiving Chuck, you know, a certified gangsters. That's a smash and it really made me have this different respect from Jim Jones from that day forward.
Speaker 3: But long story short, Game is starting to take off.
Speaker 1: He builds this relationship with fifty cent, He's getting these records and now it's bubbling. You can see the storm. You can see the wave is coming. That's about to be Game, which actually makes twenty years yesterday or this weekend. It came out January eighteenth, so shout out to the documentary. It went gold in the first week, but rewind that back, so it's blowing up. It's blowing up. It takes off boom and drops gold in the first week, five to seventy. That's incredible. Game is about to go on tour. You know, he's high demand him and Stupid's going on tour. He's getting thirty thousand dollars a night to start his career. In two thousand and five.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: He bought everybody chains on Black Wall Street, everybody except Glasses, right, And that bothered me. That emotionally bothered me. I felt some kind of way because I'm like, damn bro, like I'm kicking up all of dust. But again, me and Chuck didn't have this super tough relationship. Me and Face had this relationship, Me and g Rie, Me and Folk sent rest in peace at that relationship. Me and Chuck had his great relationship even though he accepted me as a part of Black Wall Street. And I always felt some kind of way, And I told this story before, but I always felt some kind of way about that maybe one day he'll be like, I'm gonna get you your black Wall chain. But he didn't give me one. And I watched Face have to give chains away, knowing that he couldn't give me a chain. Now I remembered that. But I was so grateful, you know what I'm saying, that he still allowed me to be a part of Black Wall Street. You know what I'm saying. I was still so grateful for him allowing me to be a part of Black Wall Street. That's the only thing that mattered to me, right, So I never triped and to this day, I'm always uber.
Speaker 3: Grateful for game. But that's not everybody.
Speaker 1: Everybody, you can't give them crumbs and they'll thank you like you gave them a loaf or everybody don't understand the value of crumbs. So if he's on tour right and you're not treating him like family, Kendrick is a Gemini bro.
Speaker 8: That dude.
Speaker 1: You really gotta fuck with him to fuck with him. If you have fun with him, that's not cool. He not that kind of guy, not that kind of guy. If you have fuck with him, y'all don't fuck with each other at all. And that's who he is. Everybody, you can't give the minimal things too. Some people going to demand more. Shout out to revenge. People did lead a battle thinking here PDF people are generally not smart. They still didn't think he was a PDF bro. That was a very minute, ridiculous group of the population. Most of us understood it was a joke. Shout out to Michael Love. Thank you for the five dollars, my boy. If a like is a platinum record, a membership is a platinum album, My man, thank you for the Gameland. I really look forward to see how Kendrick orchestrates his Super Bowl performance. I think it would be one of the ultimate moments in hip hop history. It's looking really crazy, That's what I'm saying. He's he's just promoting Kendrick. Listen, this is this is free promotion right now them and thank Drake.
Speaker 5: Thank you Drake.
Speaker 3: What crazy is? What's crazy is?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 3: What's crazy is.
Speaker 5: You see that? You see that? I got to hear that right there? But did you did you see what it? What's that? Right now?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 5: Joey respond to your boy?
Speaker 3: That's good. That's good. I'mnna check it out out there.
Speaker 5: They have got on that right there.
Speaker 1: Well, you shout out my mic works niece. You always got the back door link. It's one link, so you could always come in Me and Peter Hosh. It ain't no thing anytime. Shout out to Black October, So glasses. Do you believe that Drake and Dot talked before this battle? Like Joe Budden said, Sure, I believe it, but I don't know what they said. You the difference if I know what they say, because I know what Doc didn't say. Shout out to Nick. I always thought that too, just by that little speech Dre gave out on tour on stage, I was looking like, Oh, he's trying the son dot. That's to me where the thing really comes from. Just because you took him out on tour when he was hot, you know, if you didn't really embrace him and treat him like you got some sense. Again, I keep telling y'all, the black experiences is how people treat black people. Culture is how you treat each other. So if you didn't culturally bond with him and treat him in a certain way, it's not gonna Really, you're not gonna get the result you was looking for. Obviously, shout out to Pete. I don't think they are clueless. I do believe business will use any anything for leverage. And as far as believability of the claims, I've heard wishes of harm on the man on multipleccasions. That's just height the universal. Can't you what can universal? How could Universal say, hey, you know what, we're not gonna pay you more because you lost a battle. That don't make sense. And if that was the case, he could just walk off and do a deal somewhere else. He could drop his project and walk off and do a deal somewhere else.
Speaker 4: I mean, the other unspoken reality of all this is he had a song or two in this battle that he put out. It wasn't for lack of access.
Speaker 5: It wasn't barred in.
Speaker 4: Any way, shape or form from being able to respond, you know, symmetrically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, man, that ship is really really, really disappointing. Unless, like Christopher Drake has quite a few fans who identify with MAGA. I think Drake needs to come out and fully condemned trump standing on social issues to be legit. Listen, let me say something about.
Speaker 8: Let me.
Speaker 1: I don't think back of people like Drake at all. There is no cultural vote happening when it comes to politics. There was only one time in history that there was a cultural sway, one time in history, this whole time. Some black people have like Trump, some street people especially have like Trump. You are not not black if you vote for Trump. Trump is not anymore anti black than Biden. They are all presidents. It's your choice. Choose who you want. Choose who you want. It don't make you not black if you vote for Trump or Biden. None of it matters, I don't. If you don't vote for him, you ain't black.
Speaker 3: He did say that. He didn't say that that was crazy. That was some hella. He shout out said, shout out to the homie Kelvin.
Speaker 1: God, stop looking at the lebs and rappers for your political ideas.
Speaker 3: Learn history and tunes for yourself.
Speaker 1: Exactly, dog Like, why do y'all keep trying to mention presidents as something that's it asking people to learn and choose.
Speaker 2: We need a more realistic approach.
Speaker 3: Shout out to revenge. I think he wants out of the deal.
Speaker 1: It's the single thing that makes sense that doesn't make sense revenge because he could have gave them the P and D album and walked out of the deal.
Speaker 2: The thing that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Is parties involved realized the more Drake bitches, the more universal makes and there's gonna be a NDA settlement where they compensate him handsomely for the bitching and the back door because it's made them so much money. They said, just keep bitching, final loss or whatever. Six months will have an NDA undisclosed settlement. We'll make sure you're taken care of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: You can't give You can't get out of the deal. You can't get out of the deal. You can't sue yourself out of a deal.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 1: That is not how you get out of a deal. That's not it's not if you want to give them the album, you don't want out of the deal. Why the hell would you want out of the deal with the best company period? That don't make sense this. I think people are trying to pull logic to this, and that was my mistake, right. It's not logics. Nothing about this is logical. And I know it's hard because we're looking at someone uber successful in this one specific business and we're like, well, he gotta be logical because he's been successful.
Speaker 3: It's not true.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Christopher. I'm surprised you and g didn't end Drake's career.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned yea watch Stay Tuned. That's over, say tuned.
Speaker 1: Thog like easily he could have turned in the Party next Door album, did the business, walked out and did a deal with anybody else. That's not what the contract is saying. The contract is not even asking, hey, you know what I want to get out of this deal. They could have negotiated to get out of the deal. They wouldn't let him go. They own this whole prior catalog it doesn't make sense. Shout out to Nick. I think he wants more money. Drake knows he is not going to get a bigger deal anywhere else. He just wants people to believe he's trying to get out of the deal.
Speaker 3: Drake.
Speaker 1: And it can't be more money. That don't make sense. It can't be more money. He can win the same deal with any record label.
Speaker 3: UMG.
Speaker 1: Don't have more money than nobody else in the record business. They all got They all going to the same wells to get the same money.
Speaker 4: Unless he's not seeing it as he wants more last money because he realizes this was an appraisal nightmare and he needs to get money by hook or by crook now because the damage is so significant that he could put out an album that's gonna flop and as market value goes from X to zero point two X.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna tell you why.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that, Because why would you sue Spotify or I Heart iHeart pretty much owns ninety percent of the radio stations worth talking about in the country. Why would you file a petition and move to sue them and get their business under investigation?
Speaker 3: That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: I think it's almost conceding.
Speaker 4: Career devastation and saying the only way I'm gonna continue with some you know.
Speaker 2: Farewell.
Speaker 4: Retirement comp deal is through this lawsuit because I'm not going to get another deal after this, because I'm worth twenty cents of dollar when I was last year because of this, Like he needs a severance package, is what I'm saying. I think this is a severance package from the industry in his mind. I'm not saying he's right. I'm saying I think that's how he's looking at it.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Peek. Around the time of Scorpion or Views, I was ubering at the time in the city of San Francisco. I was playing the album The Convoy of the Passengers was how they would beat up Drake because he saw they five eight white boys and flip flops. The narratives can make sentiments that can be dangerous. That's that's just standard with anything. That's standard with being popular. Everybody thinks I sell drugs right now. Everybody thinks a million things of me right now. They could do a thousand things. None of it matters, Like that's not a reason to Narratives don't even matter. Narratives of can they whoop us? Can those five eight white boys really whoop his ass? That just don't make no sense. Man shout out to revenge. This is what the industry people are saying. Those people don't know. Birdman definitely is not saying he's trying to get out his deal, and he would know it's a long term play to get out of his deal.
Speaker 3: That's not a long term play.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that's the only thing people can come to bat with that's anything close to make sense. That don't make sense revenge because if you had a goal, if your goal was to get out of a deal you feel me and still be in the music industry, you wouldn't sue the number one person who promotes your records, that's iHeart. You wouldn't sue the number one distributor of your record in Spotify. Those are people now that cannot offer you any extra opportunities. Like that don't make sense. Got that doesn't really make sense. Revenge like that don't make sense. It's not a long term play. I don't know which industry person, but I make sure I have a loan to have that conversation with them. He doesn't make sense as a long term play to get out of his deal. That don't make sense, because then you wouldn't sue iHeart, You wouldn't sue the radio stations that you're gonna need to put market your records anyway. That just don't make sense. You wouldn't sue Spotify. You're gonna need them to help you market the record. That don't make sense neither. That's if you need them, Joe Budden, then he's saying he's going to Kanye route. That don't make sense. Kanye needed them. Kanye couldn't make it happen. Kanye had to sneak in the back door of one company so we can get label services.
Speaker 3: He didn't just go independent. He had to go to a company that wasn't gonna fuck with him.
Speaker 4: Kanye.
Speaker 1: Shit is really going through a lot right now, whether people know it or not. You know what I'm saying, It's a lot going on with that. Like they put him out of the door Dog. He put out a record the first week, the record win number one. The company kicked him out the next week and he didn't even charted the fire Revenge.
Speaker 3: It's a lot to this shit.
Speaker 1: Brous me dog like this don't make sense even if he thought to go independent, and he wouldn't be trying to go to Kanye Wrout like there's no I mean, like Kanye rout is no artist wants to go to Kanye didn't want to go to Kanye Rout. Kanye didn't want to go independent. Kanye talks about how he went to every label and no label would give him a deal. Y'all didn't see that before he put out that album, like he was trying to get another deal. They all turned their back on him. He did not want to go independent. Kanye did not nothing about Kanye. He don't want to have to do this. You have to if you piss off a group of people, Yeah, shout out to Christopher. Exhibit explained that Drake underestimated Kendrick. All true, Drake believed that he was invincible because he was carried by Wayne, was welcome by the industry, but he didn't really rap.
Speaker 3: I think Drake really raps.
Speaker 1: Well, that's probably not true, but I think he overestimated himself.
Speaker 3: I don't estimated Kendrick.
Speaker 4: And I think that other part where like he did get a really manicured path to stardom. Like hyper accelerated. And it might not be that he can't wrap, but it's more so like I don't think he appreciated the degree to which, like, like how distinctly an outsider he was.
Speaker 2: Relative to everybody else there.
Speaker 1: I don't know this whole time is just so disappointed, man, I like, it really messed me up spiritually. I mean, just watching somebody do this like just this. I hate when I see disingenuous people.
Speaker 7: You gotta see what Jim Jones said about this. Jim said, some gym sets some I don't agree with him though, but some people are seeing this in a whole other way.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 7: What he's saying, I mean, he basically said, like like I said earlier, but we started, we started the partum, We started to stream off that People looking at that ship like, yo, he ain't like he's suing Kendrick. He's swing. He's swing a billion dollar company right now, and he's trying to walk away with a bill. I'm saying, how you're gonna be mad at him?
Speaker 5: He say? People?
Speaker 7: You know, honey, people you know that got lawsuits in the hood. People got I got He said, he ain't doing nothing but doing a lawsuit. He said he ain't put it on. Kendrick went on for a long run though too. I couldn't get with it though.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's he's doing the equivalent of, rather than suing the other driver that hit you, I'll sue General Motors because they have a due check book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even that, even that concept and shout out to Gym and all the dip Set brothers were staying loyal to somebody that they feel like he's loyal to them and showed them love cheap love, you know what I mean, cheap love. So it's like they want to make sense of it, but everybody knows that this is wrong. Cam knows is wrong, Jim knows is wrong. And I respect that they're trying to stay loyal to you know, he made the Dipset song and brought him out, and they're trying to stay loyal. But you know, this probably ain't the time because it's more devastating the people that come from your community that need to come through the same hallways after you. Well, I don't know if that's wise. I mean, sometimes you got to stand up and be like, hey, that's wrong. If that's really your partner, if that's really your partner. You feel me, then you know he gonna understand, he gonna respect you. But if you got to just be blind and just agree with people doing things, that's more harmful in the long run. It's ridiculous. Shout out to p If everything you say is true, then his teammate's solid. They voting and Jessic greing or not working in his interest. That's what's happening. That's what I've been saying. This is the problem of living in an echo chamber of people on payroll. They are on payroll. You don't get great integrity from your neutral confidants when you're paying them. Shout out to revenge Glasses. What is the endplay? What's the positive for Drake? I don't believe he's doing this to double down on being a loser. What's the silver lining for him? There's something somewhere. Okay, the route he's going is only bad. The route he's going can only end badly. Like it's not like he's not going to win his lawsuit, right, He's not going to win his lawsuit.
Speaker 3: So everything they start to drag out in court.
Speaker 1: Right, What I'm hoping is he's doing this as a goal to try to stop Kendrick from doing not like us at the super Bowl, trying to get people to disassociate from the song. But what he doesn't understand is American business is in business with Americans. So there's no way to label right who you are suing. Right, You're not going to scare them. They have way deeper pockets than you. They have way deeper connections in this court system than you. They have everything that you don't have. They're in business with the NFL, who's in business with Spotify, who's in business with iHeart right, So you're not.
Speaker 2: Going to move the NFL.
Speaker 4: By the way, it's undefeated in the courtrooms in this country. You see who The NFL does not lose court cases in this country.
Speaker 2: They don't. Right, even when they.
Speaker 4: Lose emphatically, they believe me, they win an appeal I could pull up, I could cite examples from here Sunday.
Speaker 1: They do not lose in court in this country. So again, it's one of those things where it's like the song is going to happen. So what I'm hoping is once the song happened, he moves off of it. Once the Grammy's happened, he moves off of it. But the reality is he's done so much damage to the reputation and the relationship between him and U MG. So it's like when you asking me specifically, like you know, what is the endplay for Drake? I don't think. I think this wasn't thought out. Like I know for sure a birdman told him no, and I know for sure J Prince said no. I know they said no. I know that for a fact. But what's the endplay is?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: All he's doing is digging a deeper hole where it's like how do you climb out of the hole? Like in real life, all of this stuff needs to be dropped. All of this stuff needs to be dropped. You need to focus on dropping a P and D album. You need to go apologize Universal for being ridiculous. He need to make a song that comes out the same day the super Bowl happens. Stay in this case, be dope, do his thing. But if you keep going down this path that you're going, it's a different kind of suicide.
Speaker 2: You say, who it's it's a severance package settlement.
Speaker 3: Gasp.
Speaker 8: I agree.
Speaker 4: I think he looks at it as this is this, this is a retirement package. I'm trying to sue for before this thing goes to trial, and hopes that this group just wants to get the hell out of this situation because I'm done, I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but even even if that's the case, So y'are saying he's conceding of being a musician at this point, Yes, yes, look.
Speaker 2: At the cycle he.
Speaker 4: It takes once you once your star burns out in that genre, it takes about ten years.
Speaker 2: Before now you're throwback. You know, now you're.
Speaker 4: You go from being cool to being like nostalgic. So you know there's going to be a drought window. He wants a big settlement, can negotiate for now to compensate through that before seven eight years from now, people, let you know, forget about this. Who cares, you know what. I used to love those songs. I used to you know, hook up with girls of those songs. Yeah, that would be fun. Mean so, and so we'll go, we'll go see the live show.
Speaker 8: I think hip hop was just a phase. Well, rapper was just a phase for him, I really think so.
Speaker 3: I think y'all both are completely wrong because.
Speaker 1: I think y'all watching him doing he's not making decisions based off what's the smartest thing.
Speaker 3: He's making decisions based off how he feels.
Speaker 8: I think y'all keep trying to make him like I want to still be here, But I really think that he just doesn't want to be here anymore because it's not benefiting him anymore.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's nothing that he could do could benefit.
Speaker 8: Him going back to acting that Oh well, I.
Speaker 2: Haven't seen him dabbling and acting in a long time.
Speaker 1: I'm telling of y'all. He's having There's no logical stands for this. It's not even like, oh, you know what, I'm gonna get some money. It's like, oh, I'm mad, there's nothing I can do but this versus like, I don't think he's conceding on being a rapper.
Speaker 8: Why don't you think that his music that he's dropped since the battle?
Speaker 3: But he's dropping, but he's dropping, but he's dropping music.
Speaker 8: From the outside, so.
Speaker 1: Like so then so then he can't not just want to give up music because he's dropping music. I can see from the drops.
Speaker 2: The more it fails, the more yeah reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so then that means so then he still hasn't gave up on dropping music.
Speaker 3: He has because he.
Speaker 2: Also and then he filed this suit.
Speaker 3: No, he put out so so so you're saying he won't put out any more music. That's what you think with you, I think as soon as I think, as soon as he I think as soon as he them. So it's not like he's he's trying to pay the debt. Then why is he still dropping music if he doesn't want to rap.
Speaker 7: I think as soon as he knew he was going to put this law suit out, I think he knew his musical career was done.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think he doesn't rap so much as I think he realizes it's over for me.
Speaker 7: Similar It's almost some man I hate do the comparison of it though, but like but like when the kind of Capetts with the NFL.
Speaker 5: You know what career was done after that?
Speaker 3: No, he did nothing.
Speaker 5: Off trying. Did you think did you think it was done after that?
Speaker 8: No? I didn't.
Speaker 3: I knew that. I knew it was.
Speaker 10: The podcast we ever did was in Englewood with head and you and me and I said this was the response to the fact that he was on the cut block the week before the first knee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it wasn't he wasn't given into playing football, Like, y'all gotta stop giving people this credit.
Speaker 2: For he didn't.
Speaker 4: He was setting up tryouts for PR and then not showing up at the tryouts.
Speaker 3: He was showing then why would he set up the PR for the tryouts because the.
Speaker 2: For the exactly because he was doing them for the PR to maintain the relevance.
Speaker 5: That don't well, so he sold the NFL. It was over.
Speaker 8: After, got to stop.
Speaker 9: Stop his talent wise, like.
Speaker 7: Like I always said, like that though, wait, he could have been a third straight on second string somewhere though, and I'm saying like that, that could have happened right there.
Speaker 5: He didn't want that though. As soon as he sw.
Speaker 7: The NFL, he wasn't gonna get that man, no job, no more. That's the same thing with Drake right now.
Speaker 2: But that was a ninety million dollar pay cut he was poised to take to.
Speaker 9: Do that, to go Secon, to go Thirsdt, right, he would have had to have killed.
Speaker 4: That contract to get picked up off of a different waiver stream to be able to come back and get paid like a third string quarterback. He was like the third or fourth highest paid contract in the NFL. And they realized this is a terrible deal.
Speaker 3: I don't think he was done with football when he did that.
Speaker 1: I think he is something I thought that he thought was going to matter, and he thought he would find his way back to the stootball. Like I think Drake is doing the same thing from an emotional place, but he think he gonna find his way back to music.
Speaker 5: What would you do if one of your employees sued you as they was.
Speaker 9: Working for you.
Speaker 7: The worst thing in the world, Like what even though, even though I'm not gonna lie, even though my cousin worked at the hospital, he got hit in the head. He got hit in the head with some ship like again a certainty room with some ship like that. You know, it had like a gash and some ship Sue. Sue was stayed out on fucking sickly because of the injury and ship like that. Sue the hospital got his money and then went back to work.
Speaker 4: And tell the reason why there's laws against like retributive termination, you know over that I'm telling y'all again.
Speaker 8: Man, Okay, So where does he go after this? With all the bad decisions? What's next?
Speaker 3: I don't think he really made a bunch of bad decisions. He just lost the battle this is the first bad decision.
Speaker 5: You don't think, you don't think fucking you know? They telling me it's a bad decision.
Speaker 1: That's creatively a bad decision, that's not a bad like, this is the first bad business decision I've seen him make that's bad creatively for a battle, this is like almost career suicide. But I think again, I think he's either you know what, it's the same thing. He's over rating himself. He don't quite realize what's happening. And I know it seemed like he should because he made, you know, hundreds and millions of dollars off of this.
Speaker 8: Shit at this point, So he didn't realize that he was just the product. He thought he was the No, we don't.
Speaker 4: He do not think he just the product, of course not nobody wants to ever believe that sort of wherewithal.
Speaker 1: Yes, there you go, that's the word. Wherewith the I think, shout out to Amblewall. She said, just what I thought. It's just his feelings are extremely hurt and confused about not being like us. His last drop was dissing Lebron For Christ's sake. He's but hurt, spiraling out of control. It's all emotional.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: I think we're looking at somebody whose feelings are so hurt that they just need to try to get their lick back.
Speaker 3: You ever been in a fight with somebody.
Speaker 1: You ever been in a fight with somebody and they fight you and they can't whoop you, but they just want to hit you so bad, so it allows you to hit him like twelve times because they just keep trying to hit you.
Speaker 3: And it's like, like I've had my shout out to my little brother. He used to be like that. He couldn't whoop me.
Speaker 1: To save his life, Vince and Uncle Vince, and he couldn't whoop me. Ever, because I was good at fighting. I was taller, longer, more coordinated, and he would try to hit me and I would be whooping him, and every time he'd just get so he wanted to lay in one lick and it made him just become vulnerable to every punch.
Speaker 3: This is homeboys in the hood, like different homies, like you know, like they get so mad they can't win that they just start running forward at you and it's like now you're wide open. Here's a jab, here's a right, here's a upper cut hook. Because you really not focused. He's doing that right now corporately like he's like, he's so I think this has to be the truth. He's so fucked up and he's just running in like, ah, believe it because he's rich or he's successful, or he's famous, and it's like that still doesn't matter, Like he's just that was.
Speaker 4: The thirteen tracks he put out that all flopped. I think this is okay.
Speaker 3: I did that.
Speaker 2: Now I'm done.
Speaker 1: Look, we'll see, we'll see if he tries to put out a song or a freestyle in the middle of this.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's done. I think he's been doing it too long to be done.
Speaker 8: So you think he just don't know where to just don't know where to from here.
Speaker 1: He just don't know what to do, like he don't like like it seems like it's so simple for us, but it's not simple for him, you know what I mean? Like, how do you tell the motherfucker that's been winning all of this time that, hey, you know what, be okay with losing?
Speaker 3: How remember remind you he got pushing.
Speaker 8: Okay, but he don't go against the system that's helping you in.
Speaker 3: Like ye, but you he's suing them because they're marketing a song in a battle with him, Like.
Speaker 8: You don't like if that's the case, if you're trying to get like the lawsuit is just super stupid now, Like it just that analogy makes it even more though, But think about the laws, would you?
Speaker 3: Why would you think about the lawsuit?
Speaker 1: It's dumb already, like he's saying, like, he tried to get them to take down the song in July.
Speaker 3: It came out in me and you know what, this song is causing me danger.
Speaker 8: Universe was like, what, yeah, but I heard that he said it was anti semitic and some other stuff.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm saying, way before this lawsuit, he reached out to them, like look at how he's thinking. In May, fourth the song comes out in July, he has his counsel reach out like, hey, y'all need to get rid of that song.
Speaker 3: It's causing me danger. They like, man, this song is a smash hit record.
Speaker 1: Remember it's on the song every day at this point, it's on the radio every day in Canada, not just here in Canada.
Speaker 3: It's the number one song. So he's like, hey, you know it's causing me harm.
Speaker 1: It's causing me mental stress and danger is coming to my house because of this song.
Speaker 8: And they looking at the same system popular.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't even make every system. It makes everybody popular. But she's still like this. They like, you want us to do what they looking at him. This is a huge record for them. This is their biggest record of last year. They like, what we told you, don't go into this battle. We told you go into this battle. Now we got a smash hit record out of this battle. Oh we're finn sell this motherfuck all this they money last year. The record is gonna be diamond. And this is what I was saying Friday. The record is going to be diamond in less than a year. Universal is not bailing out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this coin.
Speaker 3: Money, This is real coin right here. They got an album. They're like, oh hell yeah.
Speaker 8: But okay, so is he saying that that record that he can still make up that money from that record like him being who he is at the top.
Speaker 1: No, because the hit record is a hit record. This is a once in a once in a decade type of record. These records don't come often like that, you know what I mean? Maybe the last one UMG had from a rap perspective is probably like God's plan.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They don't have a lot of these records. A lot of records they fluff up and build them all.
Speaker 3: Up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They have to over promote them and overmarket them. You know what I'm saying, Like they got a lot of stuff.
Speaker 7: I just realized, right we are. We've been so focused on him trying to stop the super Bowl. No, he don't want this nigga that want to Grammy being off this ship. Yeah, but this does nothing but super Bowl. No, the Grammy, the Grammy Academy was not. If he's by him pushing this ship about the deformation and ship, the GM Academy gonna.
Speaker 5: Be like, bro, nah, we can't get this man a gray.
Speaker 3: They're not going to listen. They're not going to do that.
Speaker 1: Like I get the thought. I'm not mad at aught, but they're not going to not do that right now. They're going to rebel against his tyranny, like he's coming across tyrannical, you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Think he thinks because of the numbers and because where he's being on his last fifteen year run, and he is he he thinks he the industry. He like I made all this money.
Speaker 3: That's how he's talking. He's tyrannically looking at him letting UMG. They looking at him talk shit about um G. They looking at him talk shit about Lebron James Spotify. They're like, oh, you think you really tyrannical? You're gonna just tell us what to do and watch America buck. America is notoriously good at bucking. If you play with them, they will come together and buck. And that's what you see happening. Nothing he's doing is going to stop this on. It's actually only marketing what's happening. Yeah, the song is going to be back in the top ten. I told y'all this like something is going to happen to make this song pop up every year for us.
Speaker 8: Did you did y'all record already about the the thing said I sent you last night? You said you didn't watch it because I was gonna record. Did you already record? No?
Speaker 3: No, we're supposed to do it after.
Speaker 8: Okay, Dang, I want you to watch it because they speak do it after the thing that you're saying. It was kind of like, I'm like, I don't know, it's crazy to hear it.
Speaker 1: It was crazy to hear it shout out to p if your business partner turned on you, what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: They didn't turn on you, pee.
Speaker 8: But is that his business partner or is that his boss?
Speaker 3: No that listen, they didn't turn on you. The rapper turned on you. Their job is to market record. You're not the only person signed to the record label.
Speaker 8: So I said that his business partner his boss.
Speaker 3: I'm saying it could be his business partner, whatever you want, but you are not their only partner. They have multiple partnerships. Like it don't stop with you, like, and what do you want them to do? What do you really expect Universal to do? You know what, Kendrick, you know what?
Speaker 5: This is too far.
Speaker 3: You just said this about his wife, his kids, and it's this but this right here is too far.
Speaker 5: You need to f went too far?
Speaker 4: Is effectively his customer. They're a wholesaler. Essentially, he's a producer. He creates, and he has an exclusive contract with a wholesaler in the form of Universal that then puts stuff out to retail distributors of the like in the form of Spotify and whatever else.
Speaker 2: He just can't sell to anybody else.
Speaker 4: It'd be like some manufacturer of mufflers having an exclusive deal with Chrysler, only Chrysler can buy their mufflers.
Speaker 1: Shut out to revenge. This is called a conflict of interest. Glasses he out of it. It's not a conflict of interest. It's artistic, creative like, it's not a conflict. The NFL don't work that way. They don't route, they don't root for nobody. They push all the records. Whichever record jumps out, that's what they market. That's like, because somebody else has a number one song or your record is number nine, you're like, well, they ain't push your minds. That's what what are you talking about. That's not a conflict of interest. That's why you don't get into battles. If you don't want a battle, don't get into battles. You can't blame you and for your dumb ass shit.
Speaker 8: True true, true, true true.
Speaker 3: They put his stuff out too, They put everybody's stuff out. They just put out Snoop album. They don't fucking care. Just they ship. They don't care about that.
Speaker 8: Well, a lot of people are thinking that Universal is working off of feelings, and Universal is just business straight business will makes sense for the business.
Speaker 3: It's crazy like that shit just weird, like like they were supposed to go to him and say, hey, you know what you need to take. We're gonna let you say what you said in your record. But see what we're gonna do for him is we're gonna stop what he's saiding his record. It's just you, what are you doing? That's why you don't battle with pt.
Speaker 8: Like he feels like maybe that he brings in the most money, the most, the most ad. I broke all the records, I did everything, like he feels like they owe him. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 7: I said, somebody says have a day that Drake is like responsible for singer and the league, like getting streaming off the ground. You know what I'm saying, it's a real ship. No that And then like when they were saying it though it kind of made sense though too. It was like he was like the he was the one that is why Apple, That's why Apple gave him a dail and all that ship. Like he was he was launching, like like he made people like I want to go over to streaming and leaven Hard copies a loan. He was he was one of the front, like the like the person who like they used his face as the ship thought like that, and I kind of agree with it, though too.
Speaker 3: This is not true. It don't matter.
Speaker 1: They are supposed to promote everyone's record and it's not an unless. It don't matter if it's detrimental to your business partnership, it's not detrimental. Their job is they're a record company. Their sole job is to promote records. They cannot say we're not gonna promote this record. If you're signed to a record company, what the fuck are y'all? That's simple. The Big Mac is not more special than a chicken nugget. The Big Mac is not more special than the cheeseburger. They all McDonald's products. The Big Mac can't get mad that it's the Chicken Nuggets week. To make it happen, it's the chicken nuggets this week. They carrying the show. Big Mac is late, the original. The cheeseburger is the original bell of the ball, the simple cheeseburger. It can't get mad that the Big Mac took over. Big Man can't get mad that the cheeseburger took over. When it's the micrib time of year. It's the McRib time of year. You can't get upset that it's somebody else's time.
Speaker 3: Don't fuck around if you don't want to fuck around, don't fuck around, bro, don't fuck around.
Speaker 8: So do you think this is going to go to trial?
Speaker 5: Hell?
Speaker 3: No, I mean a no. I can't ship.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: These white folks surprised me every time he says it's gonna be really tough.
Speaker 8: What does it look like?
Speaker 3: All right, let me go through these super chats before we bounce out of here on more time. Shout out to Age, thank you for the five dollars, Yo, glasses, I gotta ask what you think about Drake not allowing PG lang outfits at his new concert out of concern for safety.
Speaker 1: I hope that's all. Don't seem like it's a lie. It seemed like it's an official thing. But again it goes into his ego being really messed up. This brings me to the next super chat. Thank you, Trees, thank you for the five dollars. My boy, bruse egos can lead to your own death. That's what happened right now. That's what's happening right now with Drake. And you're right, it's true. It looks like that. Shout out the tree He's Lord again for the five dollars. I think Drake not dropping music because he doesn't know what to rap about anymore. He can't rap about being number one anymore or women in the same light. Of course he can't. It was number one last year. He could come out with a song right now and say I was a number one stream artist in rap music for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Of course he can shout out to na for sale two six the Northwest.
Speaker 1: What's up brother? Thank you for that five dollars. Drake should have stuck to his comeback season so far gone persona. I feel like the industry empowered is faked tough image.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: I think hip hop grants people access into culture that they wouldn't have without it. And I think he loved the camaraderie of it all, the respect of it all, and he just was greedy. Now he got too deep and it's tough. Shout out to cam thank you for the five dollars. I am praying for Kendrick. I wish Drake would go away. I'm praying for Kendrick too, but I don't care if Drake go anywhere. He don't got to go anywhere. I don't care Shout out to Michael Love. Thank you for the ten Digital soap Box Network members. We appreciate those ten. My boy always Love. Shout out to Michael Love again, thank you for that five dollars. If a like is a platinum record, a membership is a platinum album.
Speaker 3: My man.
Speaker 1: Shout out to p UMG stay out of it. Distribute, but don't promote. We call this a sport. Lot a lot, third party and one of one shouldn't be acceptable. What are you talking about? So then then, what do you feel about the record they promoted for him?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, he's Drake fans man.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, man, tell shout out to revenge. At some point we can't be so biased. I am not biased that you think Drake is only committing suicide. I'm not being biased. That's just logically in the history of the move he's pulling that says it's suicide.
Speaker 3: That's not what's happening. There's an end go.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I'm on Drake's side or agreed with it, but be fit for real critical thinking. I am critical thinking with knowledge of the music business. Michael Jackson did it. It was suicide. Prince did it it was suicide. They don't come back, and they did it.
Speaker 3: For real reasons, reasons you you're not going to win this. They don't.
Speaker 1: They're not cheating anybody like they can. You can only win if they cheat you out of money. You can't win because somebody else that you're competing with that's going to pop up in court.
Speaker 3: It's saying, hey, this is how we're competing. Like again, if it was a logical point, I'd be in like, it don't make sense to me, Like, oh, don't promote this one record, just distribute the records.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? It's a smashy record. What are they in the business of just distributing music for free? Now they're trying to make records huge? Like what are y'all thinking?
Speaker 8: Dog?
Speaker 1: Like, this ain't the first time two people that were signed to major distribution companies or record companies Beef before.
Speaker 3: Beef same record company. Death Jam was with Island. Island was with U m G. That was with fifty Like what are y'all doing? This ain't something new? This ain't something new.
Speaker 1: Last one Revenge, watch how this shake out? Drake gonna close out of court with a win?
Speaker 3: Zero time? This is zero, I gotta stop.
Speaker 5: Stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you, I want I want the best for him, but I also want him to do what's best for him.
Speaker 8: The worst thing for Drake because you know they coming with you, about to come with every single last spot, about to come with everything.
Speaker 3: And the worst part is if they start to investigate what actually happened, like your house get shot up, like you could turn on some people. That can create a problem, like stop doing it because you're playing that. Stop.
Speaker 4: That's why I think this is settlement oriented, because discovery cuts both ways once you get started.
Speaker 8: Yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Man, it's gonna keep marketing this song, like imagine reading it. Imagine they playing this whole civil court on TV and they reading those lyrics out loud. That shit gonna keep that song so popped in. That song will be two times down by the end of the year.
Speaker 8: Somebody said, Trap, what's your Twitter handle? Where can they find you?
Speaker 9: Trap? Brash short, Trap, Do you have a Twitter?
Speaker 4: I still haven't been able to get signed into the one Squish made. I've tried all the passwords, like fifty times a piece, maybe twenty times, but I can't get signed in. I don't know how it's going multiple devices, multiple browsers, multiple app stores.
Speaker 3: No luck.
Speaker 2: How is that They can't just block you out if you don't think it's blocked something.
Speaker 4: Either the password, things got said, the mattresses, something didn't.
Speaker 3: Work out there, or what I need to do is send you a phone that already got your Twitter hand doing it.
Speaker 2: I just got a brand new phone that's not linked to anything, but it's new.
Speaker 4: Everything like it's new, brand new, out the box, different profile, different everything, no number attached to it, nothing. It is clean as a whistle. It's something something didn't match with the password or something like that, two.
Speaker 8: Steps back or whatever. Because that's what got me locked out. I can't get in.
Speaker 1: Shout shout out to revenge. I'm the only guy in the room who doesn't feel the ones no revenge. You're hopeful, and I think that's great to be hopeful, but it's it's he's not gonna win his lawsuiter.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: It's not that I don't want him to.
Speaker 1: That could be one thing, but he's not gonna win it because they're gonna look at what's happening.
Speaker 3: The evidence is not going to give him credits. It's just not gonna work that way. I'm not biased.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan of either.
Speaker 1: He don't even want to talk about it, but uh anyway, No Sinners live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday noon's Pacific Standard time Pacific Standard time right here on Digital soap Box. Click that thumbs up button one more time for you jet up out of here again. We do the No Silling stream and support No Seentans podcast right below in the description No Sellans Podcast, Apple Podcasts, iHeart Podcasts, anywhere you get your podcasts from the No Sentance Podcast executive produced by Charlemagne to God, the Black Effect Network and iHeart and we out this name but looking out for tuning in to the No Sellans podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. It produced about the Black Effect Podcast Network and not Heart Radio.
Speaker 5: Yeah