Speaker 1: Still the Place with Laura Layton, Courtney thorn Smith.
Speaker 2: And Daphne's Aniga an iHeartRadio podcast. Here we are at a melrose minute, and just in the lines of Melrose Place and living being a young gals back in the nineties, we all were, we were all where.
Speaker 3: We just had a very dramatic.
Speaker 2: Melrose Place episode And there was a scene when Jane kicks Michael out because she finds out that he's had this affair with Kimberly, and she brings all she brings some of his bags to the hospital where he's working, and.
Speaker 4: We were so proud of her that she just picked up his stuff and delivered it and dropped in the parking lot and said, you're out.
Speaker 2: Finally Jane stands up for herself. Finally we're also happy about that man.
Speaker 1: And it's the other end of that.
Speaker 5: You know that moment early in a relationship where you like, you get a raw at his house or he gets to draw at your house and you give him his own teeth pert and there's that sweet romantic and then at the other end of the relationship, there's the time when you don't want any of his stuff touching any of your stuff.
Speaker 3: It's not a funny.
Speaker 4: Wanting like food colors, what do you mean or just dividing.
Speaker 5: The dividing of this stuff is so hard and sad, so daff You said you had a story about that.
Speaker 3: I think Daphne has a good story that we need to hear.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well my story is a more realistic story of throwing the guy's stuff out.
Speaker 3: It was not about separating. Can we break up?
Speaker 2: I have two stories, have two different tell us everything we were the eighties four when you're young and rich and and crazy.
Speaker 3: Uh in the nineties? Okay, which one time?
Speaker 2: I again, I think I mentioned before. I didn't really know how to have an argument but to stay in something. So I took all of his stuff. I was so angry. I found other women's names under g for girls in a little black book.
Speaker 3: Clich talk about a cliche.
Speaker 5: It was an actual book, so you're not looking through his phone. He has an actual book where he's written.
Speaker 2: He has a little address book because back in the day's people we didn't have phones. We just had to write everybody's number down this little book and put it in your purse. But in that little black book, literally a little he g These first names right.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, they have ratings where they like have a little like a number of parts.
Speaker 4: Well, they clearly didn't have last names, because they were they were all under g for girls, no last name, no last names.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I'm glad you're asking, you're getting into it, because you're seeing why I had every right to take it out of the closet and take it downstairs and throw it all into his convertible and say get out of here, and I don't ever want to see you again. And I mean his ARMANI suits all of it, boom out the door into his convertible Jaguar.
Speaker 5: How did he defend it? Does have any fence?
Speaker 3: He's ah, that's a good question. How did he defend it? These are just contractors for working.
Speaker 1: On my house contractor idea.
Speaker 2: No, I don't remember what he said, but he did say, you can't just keep you can't kick me out every time, and there mean nothing and all that crap. And I don't even haven't even called them in years, and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 5: Was that the last time you kicked him out? Had you kick him out before? Had you brought his stuff off?
Speaker 1: It sounds.
Speaker 3: So we lasted.
Speaker 1: We left.
Speaker 2: Those was one of my longest relationships. We were just into like the dynamics of it all. So he left and then I guess he came back because I remember having dinner with one of the gals.
Speaker 3: Wow with him. No wow, Yeah, Okay. Then there was another time when I just took the stuff that the.
Speaker 2: Guy had given me and went a different guy, different guy where he was living, and I just dumped it all out.
Speaker 3: And I'm telling you, guys, I had no.
Speaker 2: Just no kind of mom in paradigm to communicate skillfully.
Speaker 3: And have a conversation like at least Melrose Place is somewhat more.
Speaker 4: Supplies than what place to shame.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you. I used to say that, Laura.
Speaker 2: I used to say, oh my god, I just want to go to shoot Melrose Place where things are more sane.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: So wait this second story, when you say you just got you threw it all, do you mean like you put it.
Speaker 3: All on the front lawn. Yeah, but I was mean I tore up.
Speaker 2: I think I tore up you know, a Valentine's card and his mother told me, you really heard him.
Speaker 3: If that's what you wanted, And I was like, oh good, that's what's the intention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh boy, And we all lasted about a year and a half or two.
Speaker 4: So so wait, after that, you guys got back together. There was a actually final yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think you know, ultimately, you know, I had to get rid of him cause he I picked. This is what my therapist said, you like to go to the horse's mouth for your lessons, So I had to pick guys who weren't going to be really trustworthy, I think, to work on trust issues. Eventually my picker got better and better until I have chosen the best.
Speaker 3: When you're you know, it's not like you learn a lesson on paper and then you follow it perfectly. A lot of times you have to do the.
Speaker 2: Opposite so that you, you know, can embody what's painful to get to the good stuff. So I think I was just acting stuff out, and they complied. I picked the guys that had g in their phone book for girls. Okay not, I mean either one of you would have gone like, yeah, no, I don't need.
Speaker 3: A second date. I'm sure. Well, it's the funny.
Speaker 4: The best part of the story really is you admitting that they actually came back after that and like that wasn't actually the end. That was maybe somewhere in the middle. That's kind of the most interesting part of the story to me.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love that you're like that fired.
Speaker 2: I was really into fire and drama and you know, and they provided, you know, they were into it too, like it wasn't I remember saying to my one of my boyfriend's like, aren't we supposed to keep learning and challenging each other? And he goes, I thought, we're supposed to like settle down and be like content And I'm like, what that sounds boring, So I, you know, I needed, always needed some drama.
Speaker 3: For me to feel like it was passionate.
Speaker 2: I confused drama for passion, which is not the same thing.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's super uncommon. I think a lot of yeah, especially yeah, yeah, you think it's you excited.
Speaker 3: Youth can sort of justify a lot of stuff. Well, I love that you's sort of you know the retrospect.
Speaker 2: Oh well, my last time on here, you were in the back of a police car, I might remind you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was, and I, well, I still am. I'm actually doing this podcast episode from my hometown, and I thought.
Speaker 3: I should go visit the scene of the crime.
Speaker 4: I should see if that alli right across from the police station, Like maybe it has a plaque like this is where I was in the back of it. Like maybe pretty sure they don't, but I might just go visit that spot and see, like if I would even recognize picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I might if I go there.
Speaker 4: On do you recognize it from the story when you're describing like putting his stuff outside on the curb, that made me think this is a little bit. It's adjacent, all right, It's an adjacent story about putting stuff outside that belonged to somebody moving. Okay for this, for this story, it wasn't a move. But for this story, I'm going to throw my kids and my husband under the bus a little bit because it was a battle with our kids who weren't cleaning up their room. And you know, you you ask and you ask and you ask, and it doesn't happen, and you finally say, that's it.
Speaker 3: If you're not going to take care of it, all of.
Speaker 4: It goes and Doug scooped it all up and he threw all the stuffed animals and the clothes and the stuff that it was all over the bedroom out into the backyard, and that was that was a good lesson and a good dramatic telling of what made me me be changing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you feel that's why I was telling story.
Speaker 4: It's like by proxy, I'm sort of adopting the story like I did it.
Speaker 3: I didn't actually do the throwing out into the art. But and then you and then you keyed their cars. There's little hot wheel cars. They're little strollers, right, the strollers.
Speaker 5: I have a tiny white ceramic picture that you left when you brought that beautiful lemon cake to my house, a lemon bunt cake, and it had like frosting in it for the glaze, extra glaze in it. And I feel like you're not taking care of it because you've left my house for so long. Yeah, I'm going to leave that out front to teach you a lesson.
Speaker 4: I think that's probably the right thing I deserved that. I mean, I can also bring it next time we see each other. But I feel like you all learn from that. You're right, thank you, thank you for teaching me more about Bernie.
Speaker 3: Do you have a story?
Speaker 1: Crazy good? I do have a story.
Speaker 5: So let's hear my story takes place in Greece, because I'm just I guess I'm more interesting than you guys. Whatever you're fancy, I'm super fancy. So as in my early twenties and my boyfriend and I were not doing well. It was not a good time in our relationship, so we went to Europe to save our relationship, which is a terrible, terrible idea because then you're intensely together.
Speaker 3: And far from home.
Speaker 5: We were in Greece and we were drinking, I want to say, or so super early twenties, right, I was still drinking uzo or zo uzo, that stuff that you put ice in and it turns.
Speaker 3: Like milky, milky white.
Speaker 5: So needless say, I was drinking a lot of it because I got sober a few months later, so to say, there was a lot being drunk. And we got into this huge, horrible fight in which he told me that because we were in a couple of therapy, which we were in couple therapies in her early twenties, but whatever, and he said, the therapist thinks you're crazy too, as if she had called him separately and told him that I was crazy. And I was rightfully furious by that, and I spent the night separating all of our stuff so none of his stuff was touching any of my stuff, so that all of our stuff would be on separate sides.
Speaker 3: That will show him that, Thank you, Laura.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. And I didn't want any of his stuff touching my stuff. And then we had to fly back together.
Speaker 5: Oh we big dramatic breakup in big drunken dramatic breakup in Greece, and I separate all and then you have to sit next to each other.
Speaker 4: And how do you not touch with that arm rest in between you? Just an arm rest for a very long flight.
Speaker 3: I'm not speaking to you three inches from me.
Speaker 1: I'll show you.
Speaker 3: God. Oh oh, such a meat line. Your therapist thinks you're crazy too, or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, the therapist you're crazy too, Oh my god. Yeah, although in his defense, I was many sheets to the wind and separating our stuff so his stuff wouldn't touch my stuff.
Speaker 1: So valid point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe it's touch a crazy in the moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I've got my shining moment.
Speaker 2: You want your therapist to earn their money, so you know you may do a little.
Speaker 5: Are vacation fights awful because you vacation so awful? Because you have to go back to the same hotel room. You can't, and you're in a foreign land.
Speaker 3: It's supposed to be romantic and wonderful.
Speaker 2: It's so awful worst. Yeah, I'm sorry they.
Speaker 3: All and you lived.
Speaker 1: Is so sad for me. I live to tell the tale.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Laura's kids are very neat.
Speaker 4: I bet they take I mean, I think a lesson was learned. But know the stuff, no animals, no stuffed animals, were actually harmed.
Speaker 2: These have been different stories about stuff, our personal stuff and how to make I want to.
Speaker 5: Do that for Joey, my dog, because you know he collects all those penguin toys, all the penguins.
Speaker 3: And he doesn't take care of them.
Speaker 1: That's a lesson.
Speaker 3: Throw them out the front door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe's got a lesson a coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll come over and get my picture as soon as I'm back from this little uh.
Speaker 1: I'm going to see you soon because we have two guests coming.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have two exciting guts.
Speaker 4: Thanks everybody for listening to melose minute. Thanks Stephanie and Court for sharing your drama anytime. Yay, yay, all right, let you guys, Bye bye,