Speaker 1: All right, the injuries for today Ross dwelli ainkle won't practice, Armstead foot of knee won't practice, Burford knee won't practice, Looter hamstring won't practice, Elijah Mitchell knee won't practice, Ray Ray rib limited. But you mentioned the other day that you did more information on Armstead. What is kind of the part hostess. Now that's not an exact I mean, it's not number, it's not E C, L, M CL, nothing I would be able to remember to tell you guys. So it's I'd be surprised if he's ready this week. Still haven't ruled him out yet, but it's it might be a week or two.
Speaker 2: What happened to.
Speaker 1: His knee was sore, just still sore, but nothing big right now, just still sore from the game.
Speaker 2: Just to clarify, it doesn't look like it's a long term injury for Eric cons dead.
Speaker 1: Oh hope not.
Speaker 3: That's well.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping he camera him out for this week. But it's the fact that I'm saying already that I'd be surprised we played this week. It's got to see how long it last. The last few weeks I've been really started about. I won't say almost right when we got back from our bye week. Since then, like Kim Law's game has gone up each each week, I think it's better and better each week. He's finally strong enough practice together and being healthy this season that I think he's really starting to get in a true he is in football shape, but he's starting to play enough to where he improves every time he plays. Now, I say with a practice field, and I think he's really helped us out and he's taking some big steps going forward.
Speaker 2: Even before all the sideline stuff with Greid Long last game, he did pick up the personal foul for the way he tapped his eight unlessary roughness in the last three years. Nick called him the enforcer of this team. Obviously that there's a physical Tony sets. How important do you think that is and how close to the line do you worry about a player like that.
Speaker 1: I think it's extremely important, and I think Drey's is good at it as anyone I've been around. I mean, I think Drey is there enforcer. He's our most physical hitter. We got a lot of guys to hit, but I think it's when he shows up more than others, which when his own teammates say that. I think that's the respect they give him. I think Drey is unbelievable at it, how physical he plays and how hard he goes the fact that it always looks close. But I know how hard dray Drey is not a dirty player at all. He plays one way and he's very he is always. That's why he was so frustrated because he is trying so hard not to break the rules. In his mind, he wasn't completely slamming a guy. He's got's three yards and bounce and he's trying his hard as to get him down and everything he does is physical and if you can see at the end he tried to let up at the last second, it happened to be it was a lighter player and Drey's pretty strong now. He should have been penalized for that. You can't slam a guy. I just I know the person. I know how hard and conscientious he is. I know how hard he you know, the one time he got ejected for the helmet helmet on on Herberts, and he should have but that that was a cutback in him trying to go right to the change and it was just an unfortunate deal. But I've seen some physical guys in this league who do lean towards the aggressive side, not in a good way. And I can't tell you, guys how hard Trey tries to not get a penalty, and when he does, it's usually right there on the line. And when you're a physical player like him, that to me jumps off the screen to not just players in the league, but to the fans and anyone they look for. And it is a fine line. But his intent is exactly what you want in a football player.
Speaker 2: Afterwards, because he was touched, like or is that something you still say you can't do that?
Speaker 1: Oh, we show all that stuff. I mean, there was a guy we showed on Thanksgiving. They tried to flip our player at the end of field goal. They flipped Ken Lon his head. They got a personal foul. Chase Hung pointed out someone smiling. I'm showing it all in the view and we're all just laughing. It's not a big deal. The other player's laughing at him. Then the next day on Friday, the same thing happened in the Jets game. They tried to flip a player Jets versus Miami, and they got in a scuffle. Penalties through and one of the players went to point out a guy and someone bumped his arm and it hit a ref in the face, and he got ejected. And so I go back and I show Chase why his point is a big deal. It's intense. Fine, you're smiling, you're laughing. You don't get how close this stuff is. That you accidentally hit someone in the face and you're out. I was shocked. I stick up for Dre that he was put in a situation from somebody that didn't have to do with the game. That's what bothered me when I look at him. I don't think he still don't think he punched him in the face. But whatever that was, it's not allowed, and you can't give anyone a doubt, especially in a physical game like that what happened last year. I know how hard then if and the refs are going to make sure it doesn't get carried away. So that's stuff we talk about all the time. If you get a penalty, you're wrong, and we got to work our way to always do that in every aspect, and that's what we do. I just thought it was unfortunately he got ejected for that. I had nothing probably wrong with the penalties. I just was surprised. He got ejected for what he did and to someone who wasn't involved in the game, he has developed the reputation unfairly and doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. Yeah. Well, I think it goes back to what I was initially saying about him. When you have someone who plays the way he does, that's what people are looking for because it's always close. But that's why every time he hit someone clean and stuff, he usually sees sidelines pointing out what he did wrong and stuff, because it's he's just a physical player and that's why he's so good. But it's not something like we have a big problem here with fifteen yard penalties. There's nothing where I ever said to anyone, well, I was well earned, Like that's not how we roll at all. Our players know that they know how I am, how we are, and that's why Dre. I can't tell you how much Dre's apologizing to me after the game. It's not him giving me excuses. It's him saying, Kyle, I'm sorry I let you down, and it's just I get what happened, and it can't happen. That's what we coach. But I that's That's why I love dealing with the guy.
Speaker 3: What would you what would you do if Mike or someone pushed a player on another team in that situation.
Speaker 1: I also don't think he pushed the guy that bad, So I'm not trying to build that up either, Like I think it was kind of I think it. I think that stuff happens all the time, and people break it up. There's no penalties, and you go back and you move on with your life and you get it going. Drey just got ejected and then when they look at why, and I guess then that guy should too. But that's why I don't want that guy made an example out of and I don't. I just think we should have kept it moving Personally.
Speaker 3: A strategy if there's a guy like Dre Greenlow who people know is on that line, could not be a strategy for other teams to use a non player or coach to try to get him kicked out of a game.
Speaker 1: Oh I can't wait, so you see what we do this week. I'm just yeah, it could be. That's why that's why they probably did that. So it won't be. It can't be, And that's that's that's why they probably did make a deal out of that because now I can't be a strategy and so that they'll put an end to that, which I think they already have. And but that's what players do too. And you know, the guys who lose are cool and the guys to mess with, so you can get a free fifteen. And that's how the whole he works for Dre in that situation with Tom, just to walk away. Yeah, yeah, get away. And that's easier said than done, but it doesn't matter. The whole thing is is you got a penalty, and you got a penalty before that, And which I get is he wants to explain that to me too, and I can look in and see what he's saying. I know when someone gets slammed and how it is, and he does that the last second. It's a pretty strong guy and they should call that. But I also know when you get a penalty, you're a fault. Have chased the week before, would have got ejected because he was pointing, smiling with a guy in Seattle that it was all love with he probably knew, and his hand got bumped and he hit a ref and got it. That's his fault too, like it's it's the heat of battle. They're not. No one's trying to screw each other. You're just those guys are trying to get it right. And it's intense, and that's why we just want to play football. And football is a physical game. But when that whistle's done, the football play is over. So let's stop doing anything else. Memo reminding coaches what sideline behavior is allowed. And have they assured you that's not facing I'm not sure. I haven't checked my email yet and I never have in my life, but people bringing me on important ones and I haven't got that yet, so maybe today, But no one's brought to me yet. He's out of the clear of any suspension. I don't know. I don't I would assume so, but yeah, I haven't. I don't know yet.
Speaker 4: Well, you'll please know your team is the top a lot.
Speaker 1: Of NFL power ranking, so it's great.
Speaker 4: Congrat but it is similar to like when you guys whip the.
Speaker 1: Cowboys and you know, everyone's like got you.
Speaker 2: In the Super Bowl. And I know.
Speaker 4: Some players have alluded to the fact that, you know, just human nature to.
Speaker 2: Kind of feel like we're really good and.
Speaker 4: You are, but you know, maybe that leg that was at least a little part of it.
Speaker 1: Losing streak.
Speaker 2: You have to address that or you address that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I talked to the guys, man, I talked and talked to them always so and it's I think people know from that experience how that felt. And I don't think that's why we played bad, but I don't think it helped us. And that's just I mean, as Bobby Ta and my dad say, that's why people sell papers, I say, that's why people try to get clicks. But everything's going to be extreme. I mean, you're gonna be either really really good or really really bad. And that's just how it works. And that's what's great about our league. But that has nothing to do with us. And I mean that game, I know the end result looked really good, but you guys saw it could go anyway. They brought in one score there in the third quarter after Drey got kicked out, and there's easily could have been down twenty one to zero after the first quarter. There's a very fine line there, but between two to five plays and it ends up looking like the game got out of hand. But it's very similar to the Thursday night game vers Seattle that was a close game. Luckily our defense stayed strong there in that third quarter rally, But that was right there and just a couple of plays and then it doesn't look close, but they're always close the first receivers. And is Jerry Rice for this organization to be named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week three times? How special is he to the cording Niners? Devo's awesome? I mean he's I mean, just as you guys know, he's a special guy when he gets that ball in his hands. And him and Jerry are probably wired a little bit differently how they play the game, but they both played at a high level and really helped the Niners out a lot on the.
Speaker 4: On the Deebot tunnel screen when I watched it again, I saw that McCaffrey really sold the half back toss and I don't think Deebo scores without that fake on the pack side. Did you show that to the team this week? And is that your guys culture or is that don't see him?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 1: That's our culture. But when we point that all out and when someone doesn't do it, they we point that out also, So guys have pressure on each other to not let the other guy down. But I will say Christian is the best player I've ever been around without the ball in his hand. Just the little things he does that are so obsessive, Like, yeah, everybody carry out fakes and stuff, but he just he goes to the extreme and it's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Care does game planning get easier or harder the more familiarity you have with an opponent.
Speaker 1: I mean they've changed coordinators a number of times. I think, I think easier to be the wrong word. I think we both understand how our teams are going to be, so it's you don't have to over complicate things too much, which I guess when you don't over complicate things it makes it easier. But it's not as in either of us are easy to go against. We just I know what we're going to get from them, and I think they know what they're going to get from us, and that's it's gonna be a battle.
Speaker 3: Logan Ryan and A.
Speaker 1: I mean, just the losing the safeties that we have this year and stuff, and knowing that there's a guy out there like Logan who don't know personally, but playing against him a bunch, whether it was that corner nickel or safety you could just always tell he was a very hard guy to stematically be very aware player, very similar to how Gip was or before we got him, and things like that. So when you do lose a lot of guys, you'd love to have an option to bring in a guy who's played some football and doesn't have to learn everything for the first time. He's been around enough to understand it. And I was glad we're able to get him in here.
Speaker 3: I know you love grinding a punter tape, but with Mitch, how much of an impact is he making on this team, and especially given kind of limited opportunities that.
Speaker 1: He's getting, Mitch is huge. I mean, I don't know the stats. You guys check him out because they're awesome, but like how many punts he has inside the five or ten compared to the to the next guy. He's been so automatic with that, how hard his punts are to catch, the way you can knuckle it, and things like that, and he's been a stud this year. It's been really good.
Speaker 4: Pete going with his typical five man surface, gave a lot of four man looks up front. Were you surprised by that? And what what what's behind a wrinkle?
Speaker 1: Like that and now they started doing that since like week two. I think it had to do more with just their personnel. They got a lot of depth, They got a number of corners, they got a number of safeties. It's just how you want to deploy them. I mean, you have had five bigs on the on the field, then you're gonna have one less corner. You're gonna have an extra safety there. So it's you'd have to ask him. But I think they're trying to get their best players out there, and they mix it up a bunch, but they still that's kind of who they their team has become this year.
Speaker 2: Coordinator, our head coach does the potential to be the best.
Speaker 1: Offense you ever coached. I mean, always has the potential. I mean, and I know the best one was the one I was with in Atlanta in twenty sixteen. But I mean we've doing pretty good like that team too, So it's got potential. I'll let you decide.
Speaker 2: Won the last couple of games and the two pretty big plays he's really had to fight for.
Speaker 3: What is it about his personality kind of work ethic that it makes him so reliable in the situation.
Speaker 1: Juwan just sees one of a kind, as you guys probably know just talking to him. He just watched him on run plays. He does those run plays like he does that third and seven when there's three guys trying to tackle him. I mean, Juwan's on another level of confidence energy. He The only person who holds Jawan back is us. We got a Juwan is ready to take over at all times as as his mindset, and that's why when we come to him, whether it's every few games or a bunch of one game, he's always seems like he's gonna rise to the occasion and make one of the most important players in the game. All right, Thanks guys,