Speaker 1: Is this a great game or what. I'm Jeff Kirchen with the Hall of Famer my dad, Tim Kirchin, and we are officially into the off season, and Dad, a lot of people have been messaging us and reaching out to us, saying, Okay, what happens now that the season is over? What happens to Is this a great.
Speaker 2: Game or what?
Speaker 1: And we wanted to hop on not only to give you updates, but also let you know that we are going to go to every other week in the off season, starting with this week's episode. So we're not going anywhere. We're just giving ourselves a little bit of a break during the off season to spend some time with the family. Every other week, including two weeks from now, we're going to be talking about a movie that my dad is in. A movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're good actor, Jeff. Let's be clear.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a movie called Rally Caps really cool. And when you say that I'm in it, I'm playing myself. I taped at Camden Yard Oriel Park at Camden Yards, and I was on camera for like ten seconds. Okay, So let's not get into any sort of acting situation here, because we've been over this from Brockmeier. How terrible an actor I am, and I have no interest in doing this, but the movie is great and we're gonna be talking to Jody, who was the brilliant woman behind this movie, and it's going to be really fun when we go over this in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: So I'm really looking forward to that, Dad. And also we have a special another surprise during this offseason with our friends at Game Changer that we absolutely love when it comes to coaching baseball, not only at the major league level, but all the way down to those little league level as well. So we're really excited for that episode coming this offseason as well.
Speaker 3: And Jeff, I'm most excited for our December tenth episode, which happens to be my sixty eighth birthday. And it's a Tuesday, and we drop every now every other Tuesday, but that Tuesday, we're gonna have a compilation of all.
Speaker 2: The interviews that we did this year.
Speaker 3: And that was the highlight of beyond working with you, Jeff, the highlight was all the people that we got to talk to and the number of people that made us laugh, We made them laugh, the things we learned, and so we're gonna have a compilation of every guest that we had, and we're gonna take the best of each. It's gonna run, it's gonna run at least an hour. But that was my favorite part with the people that we had on whether it was Cal Ripken or Johnny Bench, or Jim Palmer or Tito Francona or Steve Rushian.
Speaker 2: We had so much fun doing the interviews.
Speaker 3: And this is what we want people to hear on December tenth, our best of episode from all of our interviews from twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really the guest drove this incredible year for us, and so we're gonna kind of weave you in and out of each interview. It's gonna be quick clips like our best highlight web gems, if you will, of the best of that interview all the way through the entire twenty twenty four podcast season for us. So that's on December tenth, Dad, that's gonna be incredible. And then before we know it, our first regular season episode is going to and I'm quoting you here drop as they say, that's the verb that you told me to use.
Speaker 2: I've never used that before in my life, but.
Speaker 1: Every time you say it, it loses a little bit of its effect because of your servius. It drops.
Speaker 3: If you will give me another word to use and I'll use it.
Speaker 1: Drops is good dad to say it drops?
Speaker 2: All right? Got it?
Speaker 1: And that's coming our way on March the eighteenth, So really that's like only four months away from right now. That's going to be actually our preview for the season and the preview to the Tokyo series, which is set for March the eighteenth. How perfect on a Tuesday. So that's kind of what the off season is going to look like here on. Is this a great game or what? We can't thank you all enough for being a part of our first season. Share this with somebody, go back to your favorite episodes. Listen. You can watch on YouTube. Every interview we've ever done has been on YouTube videoed with our guests making us laugh every single week. But Dad, I have a very special giveaway.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So we're going to do a giveaway on our social media right now. Okay, so for the first the next twenty five people to follow us on Instagram at great game or what the next twenty five people from midnight when this drops to the twenty fifth person, they are going to get an exclusive signed baseball card from us from It's just a great game or what hold on? Let me get one hold on. It's one of these bad boys, and we're gonna both sign it and send it out to the first twenty five that follow us on Instagram Great game or what on Instagram? And then the next twenty five you're gonna get them too. Yeah, we'll do fifty.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say. I was gonna say the next twenty five get them, but they're not signed. But that just sounds like, oh too bad, you're number twenty six, Like we're not in it for We're just in it so you can watch our videos on Instagram. We're gonna be active all throughout the offseason. So call it the first fifty we'll get an exclusive signed baseball card. Is this a Great Game or what? Exclusive? Here with the Hall of Famer Tim Kirkshon and Jeff Kirkshon signed on this card for the first fifty that follow us at Great Game or what?
Speaker 2: Dad?
Speaker 1: How much of all of that did you understand? Are you caught up on Instagram?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not, Jeff, Again, this is why you're here.
Speaker 2: You're not just the co host.
Speaker 3: You're the producer of the show, you're the director of the show.
Speaker 2: You're the technical advisor of the show.
Speaker 3: I am in charge of content and content only, and even though you're very much involved in the content, don't ask me to do anything else, because I'm clear about this.
Speaker 2: I stink of this, all right.
Speaker 1: And so before we go on this episode, this off season episode of is this a great game or what? We're going to take a listener question messaged us on Instagram at great game or what? And it's from Mike, and he says, Tim, I know that there's always happenings in the off season when it comes to signings and so much more. But I want to know what Tim Kirkshin does non baseball related in the off season. What does your day look like when there's no ball games? All right, Well, it's from Mike and Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Mike.
Speaker 3: First off, the day still starts the same way by going through all the baseball transactions, because if you get behind in the off season, you will get lost. I make out a special roster book the minute the World Series ends.
Speaker 2: Because of all the players that are.
Speaker 3: Coming and leaving their teams, and if you don't keep at least if I don't keep up, I'm going to forget where so and so is. What team is he on right now? If I don't keep up on this, that's how much movement there is. As for what else do I do, well, this is really my time to catch up on all the errands that I need to do that I didn't get done during the regular season or the postseason.
Speaker 2: So these are the little.
Speaker 3: Things that I put on my to do list that I need to circle. And number one this year was I got my ears waxed, which.
Speaker 2: Jeff, you wait, you had it done? I did.
Speaker 3: I didn't even tell you. I thought I would surprise you on the podcast.
Speaker 2: As you know, as I.
Speaker 3: Told you, we got our nosehairs waxed.
Speaker 2: In Montana in September.
Speaker 3: I just out of the blue, just went into a nail place and said, can you wax my ears? And she said sure, it'll take two minutes. It took twenty minutes, ten minutes per ear, and I was so embarrassed. It was like dumb and dumber.
Speaker 2: There was hair all over the floor at the end.
Speaker 3: It was awful. As I've told you, the older I get, the more I look like Eddie Munster. It's terrible, and it was. It was a little more painful than I expected it to be, too, So I got through it. Everything's okay. It's not like you know, the forty year old version with Steve Corrall gant things torn.
Speaker 2: Off his chest, but it works. It yes. So that was the first thing I did.
Speaker 3: The second thing I got my emissions test done on my car.
Speaker 2: You know how annoying that can be. But this is the kicker, Jeff. Seven minutes.
Speaker 3: It took seven minutes from the time I turned the corner into the emissions test place. I've been in line there for an hour and a half. I turned the corner and seven minutes later I was driving out. It was like God came down and said, Tim, I'm gonna give you this one, all right. So I was in and out of the emissions test center in seven minutes.
Speaker 2: That has to be a record.
Speaker 1: That really does have to be a record, and I mean has to be a record for how many consecutive of the same vehicle a man has bought with a Honda Accord. This is your third Honda Accord you've purchased.
Speaker 3: That is correct, and we're well over six hundred thousand miles on those three cars.
Speaker 2: So that's okay, it works for me.
Speaker 1: Now more important how many miles are on your current car.
Speaker 2: One hundred and seventy five. So yeah, I feel like you just bought that one.
Speaker 3: Well twenty seventeen. I've only had it for eight years, so it's not important. What is important. We had the big church bazaar. Your mother, Kathy Kirchen put the church bazaar together. It raised a ton of money. And and not as important, but the house is cleaned up since we have we have finished the church bazaar. You know, there were little figurines and all this stuff on every table in our house. Now I could walk through our house and it looks great. So that was really important.
Speaker 2: And I make a.
Speaker 3: Bunch of speeches in the offseason, Jeff, I have an als speech coming up, and I just finished the speech.
Speaker 2: Really wasn't a speech.
Speaker 3: It was at the It was like a basketball kickoff, you know, luncheon, I mean kind of not was to lunch.
Speaker 2: It was kind of a dinner. Not anyone even dinner, pizza and beer.
Speaker 1: It's more of a basketball like tip off, not really a kickoff.
Speaker 3: Yes, very good basketball. Yes, I did a basketball tip off speech. Dan Harwood, the coach at Magruder High School, put it together. We had some speakers and I got up there and talked about baseball and basketball, the only two things in the world I know even remotely.
Speaker 2: So that was a tremendous time.
Speaker 3: So I've had a very productive off season so far and all as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Thank you Dad for the recap, and thank you Mike from Saint Louis for the question. You can always ask us a question on our website great game or what dot com, or you can do like Mike did and message us on Instagram. Friendly reminder, first fifty followers from the minute this episode drops, first fifty are going to get autographed. Is this a great game or what? Cards very exclusive to our podcast and so make sure to get on that great game or what. All right, Dad, two weeks from now, we're going to be talking with everybody listening about your movie and acting skills with the director of Rally Caps movie streaming now on Amazon Prime. They can check it out our Amazon Prime Video. You can check it out, Dad. Thank you for hopping on.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you Jeff, and UH can't wait for the off season. It's a lot of fun this time of year because of all the moves, and now that I've got my ears done, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 1: Who's won Soto going to sign with? Just getting we'll get into that in two weeks. We'll get into that. Tim Kirchen's answer on that question in two weeks. Thank you for listening. As always, thank you for being a part of our family.