Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season two ninety five, Episode four of DALLY'SAI Guys Day production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: This is a podcast where we take a deep.
Speaker 1: Dive into America's shared consciousness. It is Friday, July fourteenth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what that is? Fucking Basteel Day. You know what I mean? Shout out to the French, you know, getting yours? Okay, on inspiring others maybe in this country too. It's also National Grand Marnie Day. I never drank that, but okay, National Mac and Cheese Day, I know about that. World Kubab Day, yes, please. Collector Car Appreciation Day, okay, fine, National Tape Measure Day, National French Friday, and it's Friday, so it is all that together, yes, but I take it is.
Speaker 1: The collector car the car collectors are being is it collector car.
Speaker 2: Appreciate Collector car Appreciation Day? So if you like you have a collector car.
Speaker 1: Got it? I thought it was like car collector appreciation, Like they need their day not just for to appreciate the car, but to appreciate them. And they're for the collecting fell very for the car.
Speaker 2: Is a collector car or no, maybe it's observe a car collector. This is so weird. I think it's for everyone. It could be if you restore cars, if you like cars.
Speaker 1: This feels like it's an AI generated holiday. Yeah, collector car. Make sure you got the words out of order.
Speaker 2: Those cars, you would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But anyway, anyways, it's great to have you back, Myles. My name is Jack O'Brien aka Boppenheimer's Style. Well, well, well Boppenheimer's style that is courtesy of Anson Jensen and our tweak on Barbenheimer. Bopp Let's still Boppenheimer. It's just a little fun. We This is not for Barbie erasure. It's just we feel like it gives more of a Barbie but with Bob up front. Yeah yeah, or Barpenheimer Barber Barpenheimer barp No, No, I'm not not a fan of that one. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Grab Miles Gray.
Speaker 2: Straight back from the Pacific Northwest for an eight hour day of Seattle, and somehow I wasn't able to have Dick's drive in. It's me. I just wanted to say that out loud every time I'll go to Seattle, all I can think about are the fries at Dick's Drive in. I was there for a short work thing and I didn't have time to go to Dick's. And then I got really upset and I said, SeaTac Airport needs to have a Dick drive in in it just so people can like respect and appreciate the local flavor. But yeah, great.
Speaker 1: Lax has an in and out like close by, so it catches everybody who's like actually staying. But yeah, yeah, it's not in the theater or in the uh. In the airport.
Speaker 2: I also like try to recreate like the Fairfax Farmers Market, Like, yeah, the airport too. It's like, you know, I like when like airports are like, look, we get it. You probably missed out on some of these hits. You can get the kind of lesser version right here in the air for when I'd be down for that anyway.
Speaker 1: Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very funny comedian. He was written for a good mythical Morning Craig for Doctors Brockmeyer. You can hear her on many podcasts across this great land, and you can see her at her stand up show bird House on July twenty first, in our great city of Los Angeles. One of our favorite guests on TDZ, one of your favorite guests. Please welcome the brilliant, the talented Teresa Lee.
Speaker 3: Come up with an aka because there was a lot of news this morning about the strike, and you know about my lovehood. So anyways, hello.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that. That was good. That sounded like it was in the style of like Catholic mass, oh.
Speaker 2: Strike in my lively.
Speaker 3: I've never been to Hatholic mass, but I simply.
Speaker 2: It's so.
Speaker 3: This time of year is beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's truly beautiful to be in a fucking gigantic stone building with no ac It's the man.
Speaker 3: I mean, churches are beautiful. It is kind of funny that whenever I drive by, like in l A, there's like so many churches that are repurposed for apartment buildings. Now I also drive over, did I mention there's a strike? But yeah, So it's interesting to me because it makes me wonder, like what's the next iteration of that? Like centuries from now, what's like our comedy club is going to be apartments? You know what I mean? Like what people gather.
Speaker 2: I don't know just how many clubs will be our new spooky Halloween stores. What's funny because banks, I know in La so many banks became spooky Alloween stones time, right, Yeah, this is spooky town. And then church department. Yeah, what are the other evolutions businesses? Like I'm trying to think of the other ones.
Speaker 3: We've got the urban outfitters, oh lash, you know, Taco bells or whatever. Mean, Gaily had a joke about that that I always for so long ago. It might have even been on mic. Sometimes I remember like my friend's jokes that they like did it end up doing on stage? But I'll remember that time you said that, and I think that was like one mic and I never did it again. I'm like, well, I liked it.
Speaker 1: I was a fan.
Speaker 2: I bombed that set because of that joke. Well, I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like pizza huts are having a comeback, like in the Pizza Hut really well, not not the food necessarily, although I guess it is. I guess it is right, Like, didn't we do a story at some point in the past year that like pizza Hut is now beating Dominoes, Like yeah in the US, which is strange in.
Speaker 3: The very narrow lane of fast food pizza. You mean it's not like are they cool? Like is it like?
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't. I don't think so. But like those buildings the Hut themselves that they like, they they redesigned the interior and exterior to make it. I feel like those would be the easy answer of like what people will be living in in the future.
Speaker 3: I'm just like the drive through window, they don't change that, and that's like gonna you know, and you said interior exterior. I watched Selling Sunset and they love to say indoor outdoor living. So I could just imagine, you know, you open that little drive through and be like it's indoor out the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alfresco dining through this former drive through window in the sense that you could pass the food just directly.
Speaker 3: You can have to sit across the dining table like someone sits on the other side of the window and you're like, hello, join me for dinner. Hello.
Speaker 1: I feel like with our new atomized living where people are just expected to like order everything, drive through windows like start to make sense a little bit. Fortunately. Yeah, in home drive in window drive.
Speaker 2: Like a pneumatic food tube. That like you can just drop the food off from the curb and it just like launches into your Yeah.
Speaker 1: Takes the wrapper off and just fires it directly into your mouth.
Speaker 2: Did you see though? How you know that that brand chain that bj Novak started where he does like weird food pop ups. Okay, so bj Novak has like this thing called Chain and they do all these like interesting food collaborations. And they did this thing called like pizza oat like hot cotuur h a u t E and like rebuilt like an old school pizza hut. Like it made a whole thing where you can go with the salad bar and everything in the red fucking Coca Cola cups all that ship.
Speaker 3: And it was like, if you wanted to order off the menu, would you be ordering off the chain?
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right, folks, this is what this is what you'all tune in for Catch your Birdhouse twenty First.
Speaker 2: I'd actually like to order off the chain, And they're like, because it's called chain, right, It's like, but that's a menu. Well you get where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Teresa, We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of stories we're talking about. Secret Service really biffed this one man. They they failed to sniff out the cocaine source. Do you see what our writer JM did there? Yeah, he won't be with us on Monday's episode. Yeah, Secret Service they drew attention to a dimebag of cocaine found in the little stash away thing and then they never were unable to give a satisfying explanation. So now everyone thinks it is Hunter Biden.
Speaker 2: I bet it's one of the Secret Services. Now, yeah, this is one of their coke as. But anyway, also Jesse Waters has a theory to and we'll get into.
Speaker 3: That is the first time that's come up, because it makes me think like it as that's just never you know, wow, Like I would just expect that there's been cocaine White House.
Speaker 1: I dropped my cocaine all the time. I'm dropping cocaine. I shed at least three dime bags of cocaine on a weekly basis.
Speaker 3: I was a page at NBC and we have to give tours in one of our coworkers or one of the pages who had a very famous producer, Dad would give tours, like like just totally coked down one time? Literally yeah, dropped it bag and.
Speaker 2: Wait was this in New York?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, she's probably like.
Speaker 3: An executive somewhere now. I bet she has a great salary and yeah it's maybe retired.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah right. I love the I just loved it, like, yeah, man, this is fucking eight h man where they fucking do SNL and like fucking Jimbalushi, man, fucking who else? Chris Barley? You know they did coke or whatever. I don't know if that's why they died. All right, let's go to the next one.
Speaker 3: I like that you made her bro, which.
Speaker 2: I can only do. I can only recreate coked out bro. Really well, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Gonna describe what she looks like because people, I mean, not that they all knows, but very funny imagining.
Speaker 1: Just different flat brim surfer cap, wrap around shades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what did the tours sound like with this with this woman? Who was leg Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Like that? You know?
Speaker 2: And then but was that like a lot was there a lot of talking or just oh yeah, well.
Speaker 3: I thought you doing an impression of the kocad, which I would have done a Kesha impression. But little is actually where I started doing right before I got into stand up. It's kind of how I got my my little sea legs. I wanted to Yeah, I just you know, I was nervous about talking, and then we get to do get to do real bad, corny jokes and then you know, kind of rerite our own. Yeah. Yeah, they're real bad jokes. They're they're stupid.
Speaker 1: The little sea legs you created with your hands. By the way, we're so little.
Speaker 2: You were doing hands horrify sh okay.
Speaker 1: A minimum, these are only yeah yeah, yeah, oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Have you seen like have you been to the Universal Studio tour recently?
Speaker 3: Like have you done the back Not recently, but definitely my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another place where I feel like a lot of people are getting their sea legs, so to speak, like with like doing material because like it's it's weird, like I guess you get a lot of latitude, like with certain jokes because some people have like a style, other people like stick to a script. But that has big I'm work shopping some material energy.
Speaker 3: You know what that there's something really nice about getting a because it's like part of the job, and so there's like pre written stuff, but you can practice getting the sense of like delivery, but also getting the last Yeah. Half of like getting confident is just being like and then I'll say this and they'll like and you know, obviously if you're doing stand up, you shouldn't be doing other people's jokes. But like if you're a jungle cruise guide or you know, you know whatever, like that is like, oh my god, you're gonna crush it with the children, and you do get confident.
Speaker 2: I think they start you know, do it also too, because that audience is so varied, Like, yeah, you have people your age, you have octagenarians from Ohio, you have people from all over, and like when they get when they start crushing it, you're like this, you might have a I get white, like you're gonna get discovered like this.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in an open mic where someone got up and tried to do some clearly scripted like backlot tour material were there?
Speaker 2: I've never.
Speaker 1: Something about the minions you see these things? I mean, imagine if there's a big manion climbing over that building. Okay, now that'll set things up pretty nicew.
Speaker 2: Guys, everybody get to one side. Do you smell bananas? Because I think that is King Kong and you're like, what this person talking about?
Speaker 3: I have I read there is a I don't know they still do this, but like there's at the Improv Down or the Commedy Store, I don't know whichever one of those chains. That's down in Anaheim. There's a Jungle Cruise Comedian Night or like the stand ups who work at Disneyland perform and it's a lot of the Jungle Cruise. People like that's the real thing.
Speaker 1: Wait is the Jungle Cruise that was a ride that we missed when we took our kids to disney World? Is that a particularly like improvised?
Speaker 3: Improvably improv It's very scripted, but as a kid, I was like, they're so funny.
Speaker 1: You have to it's like performer heavy. It's not animatronicd no, no, yeah, there's a guide and they do man Pirates of the Caribbean. If I could give my kids review, that thing was stinky. Man. They that just animatronics like moving back and forth.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so bad. Yeah you can like hear they're like mandible piece like clicking their fake They're like, what the fuck is this? Damn they're spoiled, man, Because I used to see that ship. I'm like you, I think that dog is real. Yeah, I thought that too, with the keys and shit, I'm like, that dog is very well trained. And I remember, just.
Speaker 3: Prove how dumb we are as children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they liked the Swiss family Robinson house better. We did that right, well, I mean it's not a right yeah, yeah, yeah, we did that like three times. All right, we'll talk about SAG. SAG's about to go on strike streak, yeah, yeah, double strike. Before we get to any of it, though, trees, So we like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, my search history. I just searched it because I moved and we have a little not a blond garden, but some outdoor space. So I searched what can you grow under a pepper tree? Because we have a pepper California pepper tree, not like a chili pepper tree, and everything it's just weez and everything apparently dies under there. And I didn't some of you may know this, but if you search that, you'll find that it's commonly like a common source of what do you call it? Umbridge? That's not the right word.
Speaker 1: It's controversial.
Speaker 3: People don't. Well, people don't. It doesn't nothing. I'm just gonna make up words. It doesn't. I'm not even like the writers are on strike. I'm you.
Speaker 2: Know, to the script Teresa, when you come on, when you have all your remarks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but pepper trees, apparently I don't play well with others like California pepper trees because they not only stuck up a lot of water, but they just like everything dies around them. But I found this made me laugh because there's all these borams about people who are like, what can you grow on? And I've tried this, I've tried everything. Everything dies. And there's one forum where it's like people are discussing, you know, their plants, and someone said, oh, I'm into like California. I have too. I'm gonna summarize this, but I have two large pepper trees, and there was nothing when I moved in, but now I have, like any lists, a bunch of stupplies and creeping rosebary column bye coasters, blah blah blah after two years of all driving. And the comment right below it just says, I am also in southern California. I would like to see pictures of your plantings under the peppertree. Thank you. I don't believe you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we call that cap on this forum, and I don't believe it. Make with the pictures. What happened after that evidence or not?
Speaker 3: No, they didn't post it. I don't know. Man.
Speaker 2: I hope that person could come back with it. I'm so because I love like it's it seems pretty clear that it's probably very a unique situation based on how it frusht.
Speaker 3: And this is from May May twenty twenty and uh that yeah, nothing else, and uh it is one right before that was from two thousand and two. So someone came in here to be like I did plant some.
Speaker 2: I know you did it, So then what you can just have to move something hold not underneath the tree or like a planner box.
Speaker 3: So there's like so many weeds there, so we we did it. But I think I want to put I mean, this is my like longer term project for well maybe I'll have a lot more free time now, but I'm gonna I think I'll put sand and maybe like make it a nice seating area. But it's kind of an awkward spot because it's we have one of those like what do you call it. It's like a house, but it's at the end of a lot lot. It's actually like technically three houses in a row. Yeah you yeah, we have a little plot. But yeah, I think I would or I would want to build a deck, which I definitely want to do but will probably not do for a while because I need to get my little sea.
Speaker 1: Legs, your tiny little skinny.
Speaker 3: Sea legs, my building legs. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Leaving a legacy? Okay, I don't think that sounds so strange, but I was thinking about, you know, just uh, like the existential things what I want to do, and I don't know, I just thought, like the idea that we put so much focus. I'm like, I really want to leave a legacy. Like I think, obviously it's nice to not be forgotten, but if you're living your life and doing everything you can to live it fully, like that is a legacy, right, because when you find things about people, I like, I love those tiktoks where they just find people that you don't know, but did you know the first person to right right right, you know, the roller sleeves up and you know, make it cool and and now.
Speaker 2: This is to put cigarettes in the pocket.
Speaker 3: It was like a whole story, you know, and I'll be like, well, actually they were doing it in defiance, but like and they're actually la la and I love those. It's like they didn't do that to leave a legacy. But then the fact that we're talking about it now usually applies like, oh, they were just living their life and someone found this, which to me is like I'd rather that, like I think not trying to you know, name buildings after myself.
Speaker 2: You know, not that I think that often, but the urged to like leave a legacy, you know, like that capital l it's I think you're just born out of the fear of our own mortality, right is because yeah.
Speaker 3: But it also all these like billionaires like Elon Musk and yeah, Mark Zuckerberg, like you know, I mean they do have a lot of power and have done things. I'm not trying to like get into that conversation, but just like so much of that feels driven by like, oh, if you can just get big enough and do something, you can like change the world and leave the legacy. Whereas if you just like live your life and are a good dad, like that also is quite effective.
Speaker 2: And name your kid kid x JC THREEXQ that by traumatizing a young person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can also like try and overdetermine, like you're so preoccupied with leaving a legacy that you name your kid X three four or you know, buy a social media network, going to fucking run it into the ground, and then you know you are not in control of the legacy that you actually leave, you'll be leaving some legacy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, people just make fun. I mean at this point, if I was Elon Musk and I thought I was leaving a legacy, I would be in panic mode because all they were going to remember is how I'm being like measure our dicks and yeah, and you're like, okay, and that was that guy.
Speaker 1: Who seems like you're doing good, things are going well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think a legacy too is just like if you're good and you you can have your kindness or positivity resonate reverberate that has like that has more lasting effects than somebody you know, immortalizing you and like statue form.
Speaker 3: Also, I know people don't like to think about death, but you won't be around to enjoy a pressure. I know that so much of what we think like that makes us feel better about dying. But like, just leave a legacy for tomorrow, literally, like just put two dollars in a tip jar, you know, and then you'd be like, I'll let your legacy like for tomorrow, and then tomorrow we'll keep coming. You know.
Speaker 2: All this to say is the present is the most real thing that you have experience, only real thing. Yeah, don't don't get caught up in the future because that doesn't exist, and neither does the past. So you know, to your point, the past.
Speaker 3: Does exist, Okay, because why else am I crying every night?
Speaker 2: Well, like we can. That's a different podcast that will be starting and we'll talk about that called time Travelers with Minds.
Speaker 1: You ever see like one of those like like a park bench or something with someone's name on it. Yeah, you're like, damn that there's one kind of bleak.
Speaker 2: There's one in the neighborhood where Her Majesty grew up, and it's like it's like there's like this one bench and it's like to roller skating Bob. Yeah, and it was like one of those things. What the fuck is up roller skating Bob? Like, now I'm really interested that like you were known as this thing but you know Legacy left, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Why didn't they leave roller skates? It's like he didn't like to.
Speaker 1: Say he liked to roller skate, right, that's where he put his rollers, So that's his ass was there. What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Okay? I think I'm gonna I'm gonna say this, okay, because there's this really cool taco spot right around where I live. It's like my neighborhood. But it's just a guy who sells tacos in front of his house, and he's really cool, and it's underrated obviously because you guys don't know about it. But I want to kind him out because I love this so much. Literally, I feel like it's like I don't want to say I manifested it because obviously this man is an individual person who has his own life and needs. But I was thinking right before I move, like, oh, it would be really cool to just I think I was just having existential dreams about you can't tell, like what's my future and livelihood? So I was like, what if I just like opened a little restaurant in my garage. But that was mostly like I don't actually want to do it, but I was just thinking the idea of like, let's just go back to It reminds me of like Taiwan, where people just have these little eateries and you know your neighborhood and you enjoy your community and it's nice and it doesn't have to be you know, Chipotle or bought by Facebook. But then, like the first week I lived here, I saw a sign that was just like handwritten I just like in Spanish, I said, like tacos Viennese East Abado, like Fridays and Saturdays. And my first thought was like, oh, that must be good because if it's a handwritten sign, it's not advertised. He's only doing it up two days of the week.
Speaker 1: Just sheer love of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Friday comes around, I'm like, oh, I can't wait. First time I go. And he said it was the first time he was doing it too, So oh, mine line's coincided.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so and did You're like, I made you do this, Like I've never heard of tacos before yesterday.
Speaker 3: He's like, I just spontaneously appeared. But no, he like started this little business in front of his house and it's so good. He just like starts cooking in the afternoon on Fridays, and then around five he started telling it like I was trying to buy it, like at like two, and he was like it's.
Speaker 2: Not ready yet, and then right now.
Speaker 3: But they're so good and it's so cute. And he's been doing it now for the last couple of weeks every Friday Saturday and there's like a crowd, and he started here's by Papa's Talk Tacos Papa Jose, And like every week I go there, there's like a new sign now, like he's like adding more marketing, Like now there's a sign down the street along like the you know, the main street that has an arrow that says tacos. And then the other day there was one that you could scan the QR code and follow him. Oh, Tacos Papa Jose.
Speaker 1: It's actually a brilliant marketing strategy. Could you actually give him my number? I actually want to reach out to him about getting his brand online.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's really like a cool thing because I feel like the Lemonade stand model, Like you you never hear that applied to anything else. It's just like kids trying their first taking their first whack at capitalism.
Speaker 3: It's like very and they don't know, it's because they're cute. That's why they're selling it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, right, But like if if you're good at making stuff, why not do a little taco It's so good and.
Speaker 3: It's like like it's homemade, and there's like, you know, people sitting around. There's usually like a TV and his family's hanging out, so it's like really nice. But also like the first weekend, I think there was a graduation, so a lot of people were coming. But also he just said he I asked him how we advertised, and he just said he was posting on Facebook. So I mean, whatever, fuck it, Luckerberg, But like that's kind of nice. I don't know, there was something really like sweet about just like it's good and he's just urgently trying to do it that way. But in my mind, I'm like, oh my god, what if this is the next ding type punk because that's how you hear about these like huge eteries. They always start from.
Speaker 2: Just okay, So then maybe you need to get in as an investor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like investor, this is how you get the Wilding's named after you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 3: You can stand up and you show up. It's gonna be called Taco's Mama Teresa.
Speaker 2: I did a leverage buy out. I got chased this aside of town. It's all mine.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: This idiot made the mistake of showing me iss processed for.
Speaker 2: Making the pritary recipe true capitalists, but also only two dollars breay good.
Speaker 3: That's the other thing. I'm like, Oh, it's so much and so near Salazar, and I'm like, but I'm like misplaced. That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love like I love local food, local eateries. It's it's so funny when you meet people like I don't know, maybe it's just being an Angelina, like I've never grown up with like the fear of street food. And also maybe just like in Japan to in Asia, like they're just like in Japan they're called Yatai's where they're just like fucking people just throw up a tent and ship and a grill. Yeah, like they're serving outside of a train. Yeah yeah yeah. So like it's it's always funny me people are like, I don't know about that. I'm like, you have clearly not felt the love of street food.
Speaker 3: That also you can't get stick of you. Like when I went back to time, wanted I hadn't been for a while, and I just like, late, I got something that probably have been out for hours. I was like, yeah, you gotta know how to be a little savvy about what time and where which stands are going to.
Speaker 2: But I like to just say, yeah, it's cause you've been out of the country too long. It wasn't their fault, it was you wasn't there.
Speaker 3: They were like, why would you buy this meat?
Speaker 2: Thankless, it was clearly a shoe on a stick.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like a gag, like a fun shape.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about cocaine, and we're back. We just got we just got right. During the ass I got an app.
Speaker 2: Ideas, dude, I can't swallow. I guess, okay, what whatever?
Speaker 1: I can't feel my eyes for some reason. Oh ship, I wiped my eyes.
Speaker 2: I wipe my eyes. My eyeballs are numb. Are they open?
Speaker 1: I can't open?
Speaker 3: Or not? None of us.
Speaker 2: Might arise.
Speaker 1: Well. Despite the fact that White House Press Secretary Kareem John Pierre boldly proclaimed that the Secret Service would get to the bottom of how exactly a dimebag of coke ended up in the White House. Apparently they came up empty and I personally will not stand for it. This is the dumbest shit. But obviously it's going to make a it's going to become a huge thing because we got an election coming up and we've got Donald Trump involved in the election.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean it's it's just been like manna from heaven for conservatives. They're the only people who are like going off the total rails, you know, to find a way to make this all about Joe Biden being a fucking yackhead.
Speaker 1: But no, off the just total hairy caterpillar rails.
Speaker 3: You know, saying I think they should get Darren there do like a whole you know. But they made us do an elementary school but for the White House, and everyone has to go to assembly. They all have to do those reenactments, you know where they're like would you boke this cigarette? No? I would not, you know, like every that was great.
Speaker 1: Now let's see how that goes with a different Yeah, it's uh. The leading theory is that one of the visitors during the White House touring the White House left it there, and the tubbies where the coke was found are in a blind spot for surveillance cameras. I mean this all like, if this, if this was a story that actually mattered, it would definitely seem fishy. It seems like that they have a blind spots. Yeah, blind spots of the places where the people who are being checked for security like put their stuff.
Speaker 2: Right, just like we don't know big Yeah, it's a black box in there. It's a black I.
Speaker 3: Feel bad for if it's actually a tourist who lost their cocaine, because that's what you go back and get it.
Speaker 1: Is this a scandal or is this a tragedy?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I say, well, it depends on whose it is right, because I think now if like, okay, because they've they've they did they spent way too much money and time and resources to figure this out.
Speaker 1: You know, FBI crime lab analysis didn't turn up any finger prints or DNA evidence.
Speaker 2: At baggy, Are you for real? That's why I'm like, it's got to be the Secret Services. Somebody was handling their coke baggy with fucking gloves on like a fucking like cs I and like there's nothing on here because they're probably like, yo, that'sh it was ricks man. So you just let's just let's just say, we don't know what the fuck happened, but you know, it's Rick Man. He's geeked up all the time, wasn't that On.
Speaker 3: The right side. This suspicion is it's Hunters or Joe's. They didn't do it. So I think it's like the coke.
Speaker 2: We have the coke.
Speaker 3: You know, no coke, no unpitched app ideas, no running noses. We're good, you know, we're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's just it's it's really funny though, to see how much conservatives are trying to make this a fucking story though, because most people are like, okay, fine, Like it's not like they found like a fucking kilo in the fucking presidential like with a presidential seal on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They come up to like the liberal news media, they're like, okay, well, what about this a baggie of cocaine was found in the liberal news Like there's probably Hunter Biden's probably I don't know that that seems like it makes sense. They're like, yeah, but that's weird, right, Yeah, I don't know, and he seems to have a cocaine habit, So yes, that's that's what I would suspect.
Speaker 3: I'm so surprised that it's news that they found it at all.
Speaker 2: Well, it was news initially because, like the a hazmat team was called in, that's the only reason, because they thought it could have been it could have been that thrax, you know what I mean. So they were like, oh oh, And then a bunch of attention was like, oh, what the fuck happened? Like now it was just some blow And then it became it was hunters, a.
Speaker 1: Zipped up dime baggie of anthrax? Like who found this? Was it like somebody who had just stepped off a bus from But yeah, I don't know. Suggesting it could have been Joe Biden's drugs, like is probably the most far fetched conspiracy theory. I've heard a lot of far fetched conspiracy theories about presidents. But like, there's just no way that guy's doing cocaine. There's like nothing about him.
Speaker 3: If he was doing cocaine, there's the Secret Service would definitely know and they would just have like they would like they wouldn't be like, he wouldn't be hiding it in a locker, right, you know what I mean? You like, oh shit, Okay, I feel like when I think of cocaine. I think of Republicans more than Democrats. I know, it's like a non Powerson drug, but like that it might like does this make sense?
Speaker 1: I think of like trumponaires.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it's weird that to me that the Republicans are the ones jumping on the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it also makes sense because Trump Trump's entire AMMO is to blame other people for the thing that he and his side is guilty of. No, that backstage video during January sixth where they're all like blasting the song Gloria and like Kimberly Guilfoyle is like dancing like Michelle Peiffer and Scarface and like that is the most cocaine thing I've ever seen in my life. Like it's just with cocaine energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean like you have to be on coke to be like watch like an insurrection unfold and be like, oh yeah the vibes.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump juniors.
Speaker 1: And he just yeah, left it there.
Speaker 2: He goes back. He's like, no fear, that's mine. I do want to play this one though, because Jesse Waters, you know, who's about to take Tucker Carlson's slot, and a lot of people like what the fuck is going to be about? He he had a theory and I don't even know. I'm not sure what the theory is. He goes into a few different things, but let's just hear Jesse Waters and his his theory about what's really going on. First, he's gonna talk shit about the fact that Hunter Biden wears a backpack and this, this is this is just gonna demonstrate how unintelligent this man is.
Speaker 4: Hunter carries that backpack everywhere. What's in the backpack?
Speaker 2: And because a fifty three.
Speaker 4: Year old man of a bright red backpack like that, is that where he keeps his laptop?
Speaker 2: So don't lose it again.
Speaker 4: Isn't saying this was Ashley's cocaine or this was Hunter's cocaine.
Speaker 2: We have no idea.
Speaker 4: These are just our suspects.
Speaker 2: He has just you know, the graphic behind him is like a made up corkboard with.
Speaker 3: Like all the suspects Amazon show ad.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, so he's gonna go on. He's got he's got another theory about whose it is. Warning it is gonna involve some missogy Noir.
Speaker 4: We hope it's not their cocaine, because that'd be tragic. We want them to stay clean. Remember what NBC suggested the coke was found near the entrance that Kamala slides in.
Speaker 2: Is it, dougs?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Is this Joe's plan of getting Kamala off the ticket? Have the FEDS plant some coke with her fingerprints on it? I doubt it, but we're not ruling anything out.
Speaker 2: Okay, then why say it? Is it this wild, outland outlandish thing. I doubt it, but I'll say it anyway. Any things off the table. Yeah, So I don't know. Like, for it's interesting to see how people are, like, what is this next iteration of the Tucker Carlton time slot gonna look like? But like Jesse Waters is not smart at all?
Speaker 3: So he is. It's not even getting like I mean, as much as I hate Tarker Crosson, he makes me so angry and in a way that makes me realize he's good at pushing that button, you know what I mean, Like he's good at getting his fan base riled up, but also good at like getting his opposition like I hate you, but just now watching I was like, what, You're just bad, You're done.
Speaker 2: You have a backpack, You're like, oh shit, Oh.
Speaker 3: No, he's got a backpack. I mean, I don't know, have you ever been to an open mic? Everyone has a.
Speaker 1: Backpack tale red backpack?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that could be like a new conspiracy theory. And there right now it's like red backpack, their a cokehead. Yeah, we know about that because you know, you know how these people are. They have their little codes with their backpacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, comic ping pong red backpacks.
Speaker 2: Trump has seen it.
Speaker 1: Accused it'll be like accused Biden of having cocaine and in jemail that was written by cocaine, like in one of his truths, he was tweeted.
Speaker 5: It was crooking Joe Biden on cocaine when he instructed fbid OJ to illegally invade my home mar A Lago in complete and total violation of my Fourth Amendment rights? Was he on cocaine or various other substances when he, for the first time in US history, has his political opponent who's leading him in the polls by a lot and died and arrested twice if you include the doj Rum Manhattan DA's office.
Speaker 3: Just run.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're innocent?
Speaker 3: Is that is? That is?
Speaker 1: That's this point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe Biden's on cocaine. That's why you're also saying he has no energy, So what kind of cocaine is he doing right.
Speaker 3: In my home? Because the person who told them to search.
Speaker 1: It, I was probably on cocaine. That guy has been on cocaine.
Speaker 2: You asked me, well, we'll put a pin in that, we'll see if this stupid caper is ever solved, when really it's I think the strongest version that they did they couldn't find anyone, is that they're protecting maybe this secrets.
Speaker 3: But Okay, if it was a person like a like a rando civilian, don't you think they'd want to protect them too? Or do you think they throw them to the woods, Because if I was like they thought it was dangerous and like, wouldn't it be so irresponsible to be like like if it was like Michael Kainda, like it was actually just just to recaly.
Speaker 2: Be, Like, wait, did you just say Michael came?
Speaker 3: Like maybe they just like, we don't know because there's no threat, but they can't say that. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I think at the end of the day, even I'm I'm even sure about the FBI crime lab. And on one hand, I would believe that we would completely just misdirect resources like that for something so stupid. And then on the other hand, I can see me like yeah, yeah, yeah, we did a whole analysis and came up with nothing. Can you move the fuck one? Okay, here's trying to ignore white supremacy all day and the.
Speaker 3: Worst coiracy that I as you're saying that I feel like could actually be true if if it's not true that the FBI just sucks at doing it, which could also be true, yeah, but that they're trying to test, like you know, how something they want to test something to see how the public reacts or what the protocol would be.
Speaker 2: Was that like flying it like a trial balloon, Yeah, like.
Speaker 3: See how we would react to something like this, but also to then be able to get away with something different or not, but just to see like where the week's bus are and how much the public can get it like be cool with like, oh, it was just cocaine.
Speaker 2: The public school. It turns out it was an informal poll to see what the outrage meter was for cocaine the voting base, and people were like yeah, yeah, yeah whatever they made people do LSD for Yeah, but it's funny that we're over here being like it could have been a tragedy because someone lost their little coke baggy, you know, like we need to figure out who did it. It's like that sucks, bro, that sucks. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and hit some more stories. We'll be right back, and we're back, and all of Hollywood's on strike now.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Members of the Screen Actors Guild are set to hit picket lines after negotiations unanimously. Negotiators unanimously recommended a strike after talks with studios broke down. Friend dresser, former star Than Nanny, and the president of SAG after US said studios response to the actors' concerns had been quote insulting and disrespectful. Checks out that seems to be given literally every document, every email that has leaked of their negotiation tactics, Like they're just like, yeah, okay, how about this. How about we agreed to talk to each other once a year instead of agreeing to give you money, we'll talk. We'll have a good faith conversation on our end about whether we should Is that good enough.
Speaker 2: For you, guys?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, It's wild too, because a dresser was getting shipped for like hob Nobby with Kim Kardashian, famous scab, and people were like, this is not a good look for the SAG present to be reb and elbows with somebody who does not respect the this this union at all. But hey you the.
Speaker 3: Announcement, because I was looking at the statement was like we've heard or the letter they wrote to the members, It's like, what is it? Is that something like you know, like we are because we heard what you want us to say, We're gonna do that instead of just being like we are all one and we want that, we got it.
Speaker 2: You want you guys say this.
Speaker 3: You want it. I'll tell them it's like yourself from this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is one of us, is the point.
Speaker 2: We represent you. But if that's what y'all want, that's we tell Bob Iger. So just make sure that we're we do a quick vibe check really quick.
Speaker 3: It's kind of well because I think this could be a bit. I mean, it sucks now, but I think what people are realizing is like all these videos, everybody who's like, nah, like we can't pay you, I think they really don't think they can because they don't want to realizing the absolutely but what really will happen is like now we're not afraid to piss them off. And you know, creators, if creators made their own studio, I mean yeah, they're out, Like literally, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Like we just make our own ship and like, yeah, we actually only do business with these news studios.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, like we used to be afraid of like nobody wants to take on the studios, but now it's like this, we can't even work for the studios.
Speaker 1: Well, they're going to make their own movies, hiring their children.
Speaker 6: AI Like okay, whatever, Yeah, look, we had an AI on coke, yeah, and starring Bob Iger's daughter as the lead, and that's our welcome to New Holly.
Speaker 1: Did you have the cocaine levels on on this script? I feel like we could take them from like a six up to an eight. Maybe this feels like it wasn't written on enough cocaine.
Speaker 3: What if we gave the AI cocaine?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I feel like the AI should have a meter of like how much.
Speaker 2: Hey, someone with access to chat GPT, can you say write this script like in the voidco oh my yes? Man from who was born in nineteen fifty four, You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I would love to see the code of what it would look like, because I want, you know, like something is changing in our brains when you smoke weed or you know, when you're sad or whatever. But like I want to see the co changes. Or they're just imitating because that I mean, that would give me inside of their sentience, or I'm totally chaining the topic. I'm let's come back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll come back to this. Put a pin.
Speaker 1: This will be the first duel strike in Hollywood since nineteen sixty, when the WGA went on strikeover residuals from films sold to TV networks, which is not unlike the battle of I mean residuals today. So back then they were joined by SAG, then headed by famous socialist Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he absolutely. It's funny. A lot of people are like a lot of reporting just like and Ronald Reagan helped like sort it all out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: If you go a few degrees deeper, though, you'll realize Ronald Reagan was Reagan in even back then. He fucked him. He fucked SAG with his negotiations back then and even prior to that, right, because at the time, there was this whole thing about, well, are we gonna get residuals for films that were like made at like from nineteen sixty onward, and he was like, okay, yeah, let's do a deal for that. And people were like, well, what about things that were between August nineteen forty eight and nineteen sixty And they said, well, we can't pay residuals for that, but we will do. What we will do is create a like a fund, a pension and welfare fund, which was way short of what the actors even wanted for the pension fund. And then so then you're like, well, what about those movies before nineteen forty eight. Well, back in nineteen fifty one, when there was another you know, disagreement between SAG and the studios, Ronald Reagan again was the president of SAG back then, basically said all right, we're gonna we're willing to forfeit any royalties about films that go into production before in nineteen forty eight in exchange for just the promise of negotiations of royalties like made after that date in the future. And these negotiations led to the fucking strike in nineteen sixty. So you know, Ronald he was, he did his thing, and then he joined MCA, and there's there's like a whole other's.
Speaker 3: Like saying like, oh, you know, a promise, we'll talk about that later. It's like a promise I'll try to work on it. Yeah, nothing is gonna change, but I will later try to work on it. When you get mad again, I'll push it down right again.
Speaker 2: It's like, I guess, like the promise ring of union negotiations, we will promise too.
Speaker 1: But that was what the studios were trying to pull with their negotiations. They're like, we'll promise to like talk about this with you on a regular basis that good faith. Whenever they say good faith, it's.
Speaker 3: Like and you check in, you have to have a check in once a week, yeah, And you're like yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Cut to not doing that for four weeks straight and then fighting.
Speaker 1: Cram before this couple's therapy.
Speaker 2: Second check in, check and check in you good, you get checking you got you good?
Speaker 1: You okay? Ask me a couple more times, and in a sign that this might be working, that this dual strike might terrify the people who to this point have been glib and complete assholes on the production studio side. Bob Iger went on CNBC and called the potential strike quote very disturbing to me now, warning that it will be quote disruptive to the industry. Yeah, man, that's the fucking idea. Like that's the way he.
Speaker 3: Said his quote too. It's so like as if like it's very like where it feels like someone who came back from a long vacation and have no idea what's going on, because it's like, yeah, like this idea. But he's also not even saying it, like he's like, oh, what, there's a strike. Oh well look yeah, I don't think that's nice at all. No, we shouldn't be doing that. I mean, I get it why they're doing it, and hexcept to me, like it's totally fair, I think for them to ask for it, but it's just not realistic. And you're like, yeah, I know, this is what the negotiations were, this is what we all of them.
Speaker 2: That's why we're striking because you happened already.
Speaker 3: Lawyers who represent you have said these things already, and you have no idea.
Speaker 1: It sounds like your idea of what's realistic and our idea of what's realistic are pretty far apart in this negotiation, almost like we need but some course of action. No no, I win together, No no, no, I win and I win. Okay, moving on, What the heck are you doing?
Speaker 2: You guys are striking? No where are you going on?
Speaker 3: It doesn't bury that like teacher or like you know, parent who's like saying like, if you are good, you'll get yeah, like you'll get ten stars and you get and there's like, well, now I change the rules and you're just grounded because it's like yeah, yeah, good faith supposed to be like there is some parody there, but the reality is like he's kind of like, well, I'm just gonna say I don't want this, and you guys will just have to deal with me blacklisting you. It's like they literally were like over it. When you're over wherever you They.
Speaker 1: Literally threatened to cancel Christmas. Like that was one of the things they said is they were like, oh, yeah they're gonna strike, We're gonna wait them out, and it's gonna be a real cold Christmas for them. So they did it in the way that a movie villain would.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was thea did you cover that when when they're talking about the WGA strike and the studios are like, we'll wait until people start losing their homes. Yeah, and then they'll come to the table. So we can wait. We can wait till October, Like we can just dead hands till October. Well that's the thing. It's all so interconnected that even they are starting to realize, like, well they.
Speaker 3: Don't realize how much is connected because not Only like SAG also has a thing where it says like, I mean, I think if you were to do anything independently, should double check with them. But they did say on their rules that if you're an independent truly independently, you know, like making your own little student film whatever, and there's no studio connected, like you have to check with them, but those are allowed, which to me seems like this idea of creators making their own shit studios like not only are studio is gonna want to be buying stuff later. I hope you gets to a point where we're so mad that they hold us out, that we're like, we don't have to seller shit to you. We're gonna sell to the consumers and you're not gonna cut like stuffing's gonna get made interesting.
Speaker 2: I mean, because that is like a potential direction of the evolution of the industry. Right, It's like you can somehow break the fucking power grip of the studios. But they're doing a good job motivating people to never want to fucking deal with the studios. But the thing that's also the funny thing about that Bob Iger quote is the way he's positioning the whole fucking thing is he said, quote, We've talked about disruptive forces on the business and all the challenges we're facing, the recovery from COVID, which is ongoing, it's not completely back. This is the worst time in the world to add to that disruption, right, it's a bad time. Get to it. And then I'm like, it's the worst time. What is your motherfucking salary? Then if this is the blurst of times right now, he's only taking.
Speaker 1: A one million dollars salary plus twenty six million dollars in long term bonus. Again, what one million dollars? That's like pretty re after that, which say the part of your money plus twenty six million dollars and.
Speaker 2: You're, oh, plus twenty six million dollars oh so you mean so you're making you have you can earn up to twenty seven million dollars this year and.
Speaker 3: The worst time, it's like, yeah, that's the point. It's so bad right now to strike Like he's gonna be like, just wait till things are better and then maybe we'll give you something else. It's like, no, we don't. We're done working on your terms because they're bad. And if you think it's the worst time that you can wait, then clearly you're not in survival mode yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of us are. Yeah. And also what's wild too, is like I've heard this from other writers and stuff to like we've been on fucking like running off of fumes forever. So if they think they can wait us out good healthcare.
Speaker 3: And shit, you know, like fortunately I have, you know, set up enough where I feel I feel very comfortable to be able to like keep going. But it's like I got a job at a cafe. I'm driving uber like I'm very much like basing the reality that's been a long, hard battle. But to be honest, it's not like I was driving right before this, like you know what I mean. So it's like in the conditions gone here because of this, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it's so wild to watch these fucking super powerful people and not know how to read the fucking room and understand like what across everywhere, Like you have people at fucking waffle house going on strike now and like all like it's this is where we're right now because these people who have sucked up all the fucking wealth failed to realize that the reason they are so rich is at the expense of everyone else. They think like this money is coming out of nowhere. It's like no, there's a direct line to your fucking greed and the shitty like living situations that many workers are experiencing, and they just can't they can't cross that bridge because they'd rather just be like, well, I'm a titan of industry and I'm creating jobs, and I don't feel bad that I'm getting twenty some million dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm creating jobs. They love to take credit for creating jobs that would exist.
Speaker 2: I don't argue the writers are creating We're.
Speaker 1: Just lucky to be the person in that fucking position. Someone was gonna do it, and you are like so easily replaceable. It's very frustrating.
Speaker 3: Also, half the time people create jobs. They're creating jobs that are like they're taking one job and then paying two people less. Yeah, that's happening a lot. Or like I know at NBC they would have like they would say the Page program. You know, they boasted like having a ninety percent like hiring rate or something to the company. But a lot of those were those contracts that were like one year contracts. So I mean, if you did well, I guess you would say. But there's just a natural turnover because physically there's not going to be that many job overing. So and every year they're gonna want to like bring in the new class. So that's how they create jobs. Oh we're hiring so many people because half of these jobs only last a year.
Speaker 2: Then you're on it's a job though. Yeah, and that's what they're saying. You know, it's a job though. And I think what's other what's interesting is that you hear I mean, it's not this is just the tactic, right, is so many of these studio heads and people are like, oh, these are unrealistic, like you know, to make this kind of money, these people are spoiled, and like really, what the whole thing that the writers and actors have been talking about is like a middle class lifestyle that they were able to have in the heyday before streaming and shit that they just want to return to that. But because our middle class is a fucking evaporating before our eyes. To most people, a middle class lifestyle would be like what where the fuck do you get off thinking you're gonna get those things? And now you can start like all this like infighting over what people deserve and you know, leverage other people's dissatisfaction. It's just very, very grim, And again I hope, I hope they fucking figure it out because the publicists now are screaming at the studios because if the strike goes, guess who you're not gonna see at any doing any Barbie Boppenheimer mission. Impossible, none of that. Yeah, right, you cannot do anything with a company that is being like no, we don't fuck with them, So it's gonna I don't you know.
Speaker 1: I think we're in a phase right now where like, after you know, centuries, the idea that like people like what you earn and like what you deserve is like finally becoming like decoupled in people's minds and like like the mainstream American consciousness is a little bit like, no, it's bullshit, man, Like what the fuck you're talking about, But it is firmly in place in Bob Heiger's mind. It was firmly in place in mind of like all the studio executives and like all all these people who like go to leadership conferences to tell each other how fucking amazing they're like insights are and you know, like go to Google camp or some shit like that. They're just in these like small clouds of like individuals who all just like believe that they actually deserve to be at the heights that they are. Yeah, it's actually bullshit, and that it'll be interesting to see the process of that being punctured in the coming years, because it feels it feels like this is what like in this industry and others, that's what we're seeing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I do hope the cancel Christmas thing happens and that somehow the next act is the evangelical Christians.
Speaker 2: Are coming for the studios.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, because they are very quite powerful, I hope. I mean I'm only saying this in a political sense. I mean, like this is not against Christians, but you know the ones that weaponize.
Speaker 2: The coalition of a yeah Christian. It gives people of good faith a bad name.
Speaker 3: To love them all, yeah, because they're not really I mean like you know, you know the people like you hate the brothers who funded the big coalitions of Christians. I hope they make their next thing like the look at Hollywood canceling Christmas.
Speaker 1: No, no, they will never do that. They don't mean that kind of Christmas. They just mean any anything that they can weaponize against, you know, LGBTQ plus community. Well as always such a pleasure having you on the podcast. Where can people find you? Follow you? See you? Are there any bird houses that little bird Yeah taco from my house just.
Speaker 3: Far enough that it's not that close, but its close enough where it's nice, okay that you can.
Speaker 2: Get there on your electric bicycle.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah you can find me. Oh yeah. So I'm hosting Birdhouse and started to show and glend out rock bird It's a chicken sandwich. It is very much like outside of chicken sandwich shop sidewalk, you know, like it's really giving, like like pre covid la comedy vibes or a sad version which is like I guess when posts covid but free being indoors vibes. But the sandwiches are great. It's a free show July twenty first, and yeah, I'm also going to Edinburgh, but I'm doing free French and I'm not. I'm last minute decided to go to hop on some shows research because I want to go next year for real real. But I guess if you live in Edinburgh or you you know, follow me to see where. Yeah, yeah, ZiT gang, that's it cool. Thanks for having me, guys.
Speaker 1: Is there a work media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Oh? Oh, actually speaking about capitalism, there was a TikTok that I really liked. But this guy who imitates he was imitating America, like doing like a day in the Life of American. I should say his name, but here I wonder if I can play it. Let's sleeve here of America.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm so excited for another day of working after seeing the national anthem. I make my amazing American coffee so much better the espresso, but they are not cold pizza.
Speaker 2: So I have to skip. Of course an apple so cute.
Speaker 7: I'm so lucky because I have only one hour for five minutes to drive to work, and for lunch, I only have five minutes, so I ordered fast food and I eat at my desk.
Speaker 2: Short courteen hours. It's so I can take my work home.
Speaker 3: To night my love a bunch of one hundred dollars. But it's just I've seen us through the eyes of It's exactly I think how I would like. I'm not even like mad, you know what I mean. I'm like yeah, which is like okay, you know, I'm not like, oh wow, your Characiti. I usually I feel, you know, tried to be American, even though I hate on America. I'm like, but I.
Speaker 2: Am yeah. No, it is wild like whenever, like on like Reddit or other internet forums, and people are like, are you all okay over there? Like no, but we've been conditioned into accepting this as normal and okay. But it's it's starting to crack though. We're starting to see that for sure. Miles.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you as their working media You've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Yes, please support the new show that I'm hosting, Outlaws The Good Thief, in partnership with Kaleidoscope NYC. A few past guests, Oz Walishan Mangesh Hetikador. Yeah, they they I was fortunate enough to be asked to host this true crime story about the Greek robin hood, who was, you know, kidnapping millionaires and robbing banks, escaping jail and give them money to pork you know what I mean, something that didn't and it all happened in the last thirty years. So yeah, really interesting story. Uh and I hope everybody checks it out and you can hear me do you know a little more like not off the rails daily show type hosting, and you can hear me with my presenter's voice. It's actually pretty fun show. So please check that out, subscribe and rate to all that and then also find Jack and I on Miles and Jack on Matt. Boostis the NBA podcast and Fortuney Day Fiance Sophia Alexandre. But please check out The Good Thief. Are we dropping?
Speaker 1: We're dropping double episode boosties this week? Is that we got a we got a bonus?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a couple this episode popping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, is there work media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: No, I will just I will just implore the listeners to please check out this other podcast. Please, I would, I would, I so appreciate it, and normally I'm not out here doing so much promo, but I would. Yeah, you know, you gotta please leave us comment and do all that. That's how that's how we work those algorithms, you know what I mean. So please the show the show some love show. The show it's called The Good Outlaws call in the Good Thief. But yeah, just search the Good Thief and it will show up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but a different show will also show up, so do Outlaws the Good Thief. That is what you see my media I've been enjoying. Go check it out Outlaws the Good Thief. Yeah, starring mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O Brian on threads at Jack Underscore Underscore Brian. We're doing it, you know I will. I will post there once every two to three weeks like I do on Twitter. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have Facebook fan page and a website Daily zekeist dot com, where we post our episode and our footnote. We link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy Miles. What song do we think people might enjoy it?
Speaker 2: I think you might enjoy this track from the group called the Heliocentrics. And if you like DJ Shadow, you'll probably like this group because Malcolm Cato, who is the drummer in this band works worked a lot with DJ Shadow, like back in the day, in the early days of DJ Shadow's career and things like that. So you check this out. This track is called Noises and Conversations. It's just again it's like kind of has like a kind of like crung Bin. If you like Crungbin, it has sort of like that sort of like Eastern guitar vibe but with like really dope drums. And again, if you like DJ Shadow that kind of vibe, mo wax label that of that stuff. Check this one out, The Heliocentrics Noises and Conversations.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll link off to that in the footnotes. To Day is a production of I Heart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio ap Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Is gonna do it for us this morning. We are back on Monday. It'll tell you what trended over the weekend. Yeah, and we will talk to you all then.
Speaker 2: I Mike