Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. Hope you had a great weekend. Everybody, gang's all here, ready to go on this Monday as we always do every Monday. Best and worst of the weekend. Where your therapist here? What you saw that you liked, you didn't like? Kind of a wonky weekend in sports, College World Series, kind of a wild game, wild weekend, and you got a National title game coming up tonight. Victor Wembayama comes to San Antonio and the stars come out. We'll talk to one of those stars, Sean Elliott, who went to dinner with Victor. He'll join us coming up in a little bit. Baseball in London. I didn't realize baseball was in London until I'm flipping around and I go, that doesn't look like a major league ballpark. It was London. Was it meant to be a secret that they weren't going to London? Because I'm going, wait a minute. ESPN had one and Fox had won. The unveiling of Derek Jeter with Big Poppy and a Rod eight seven seven three DP Show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle attP Show stat of the Day brought to you by Penini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Say good morning if you're watching on Peacock, and thank you for downloading the app to watch the program. Our radio affiliates around the country Fox Sports Radio, iHeartRadio as well. We should get an idea tomorrow if we're going to take the show to London at the end of August Notre Dame and Navy football game, and we were going to go to Dublin. There where did I say we were going London? Oh, We're not going to London. We're not We're going to go to Dublin. You We're going to let people know that we're going to be going maybe to overseas, but it'll be a Dublin, not London. But we'll let you know tomorrow. We'll get official word if we're able to pull this off. We would be doing a couple of shows over there. But we'll give you a heads up. And if you're waiting for Tailgate Moonshine, the watermelon version that is going to happen probably in the second week of July, we'll let you know when that's available. To go to Danpatrick dot com to pick up a bottle or two. Whole question today is going to be what seat no' connor.
Speaker 2: We got a bunch of them here, Dan. Let's see, we started talking this.
Speaker 3: Morning about Victor Winbanyama, right, and all of the hype leading in him. Yeah, who gets more primetime games next season? The Denver Nuggets are the San Antonio spots.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm gonna go San Antonio Spurs. Kind of feels like that, Well, there's a forced relevancy here with Victor wan Baiyama. He comes in and we're waiting to see him. Nobody was waiting to see Joker play. Nobody was waiting to see Greek freak play, and it took a little while. Like Zion and Victor one Bayama are similar that there's so much hype surrounding them. We were waiting to see their coming out party. Joker. People still be grudgingly are gonna go, Okay, I'll watch again Ice bounce pass another triple double. It's like triple double used to be a big thing, Like, oh my god, Russ had another triple double. Joker has a triple double and nobody's going wow. It's like, uh, all right, that's nice, nice little win there for the Denver Nuggets. Greek Freak's more exciting, but you know, it still took a couple of years before people bought into boy, this guy is really good. I remember watching him going, if he ever gets a jump shot, it's over. He will be unstoppable. Now you can make an argument he is unstoppable now. But Joker has become the best player in pro basketball right now. But it took a while. Victor, we're waiting. We want to see him right away. I want to see how he's going to do against some of these other big men. By the way, I saw a report where the Minnesota Timberwolves may have to decide which big man they want to keep and the guy who is going to change the game when it's all said and done, Carl Anthony Towns might be available that didn't take long. Game changer the game changers available. Yes, I saw that where first of all, they made a stupid move to get Rudy Gobert and then you got Karl Anthony Towns, and I think they're realizing, you know, we got like a four hundred million dollars tied up in our centers here. Maybe we need to get rid of one.
Speaker 4: Yes, I hesitated to bring this up because I didn't think Timberwolves basketball would play in June. But I don't know what they're doing. I saw the headline Timberwolves. This is one of the lead headlines. They center Nasrid agrees to a three year, forty two million dollars deal. First of all, Nazrid appears to be a center for the Timberwolves. Yes, he's and you know, he's a nice player, bangs in like eleven and five. Great. I guess that's worth forty two million. But it feels like they're going counter where they want a huge lineup, like remember Arizona basketball when they had like those big guys back in thirty five years ago. What are they doing? Are they trying to counter the three point shot with all centers.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they're doing, but it feels like Karl Anthony Towns the game changer, maybe on the move. There you have three centers, if you have you don't have one center. Karl Anthony Towns on the move, Yes, Marv, he could.
Speaker 5: Just move the small forward. Game changer.
Speaker 1: Well, he could be a point guard, game changer. He was the coach, yeah, points center, yes, player, coach, game changer.
Speaker 5: He really said that.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, you could do it all. Pat Bble was like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: You know this is equivalent to uh Vince Young calling the Eagles a dream team and like you just say one stupid thing and then it sticks yeah forever.
Speaker 2: Oh what happened the dream team?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but somehow Michael Vick got blamed for that, but that's just it.
Speaker 1: Vince Young wasn't even the starting quarterback. Yeah, and then Mike Vick's got to go, dude, will you shut up? What's this dream team?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 1: Michael? Mike Vick? I thought it was a dream team?
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 2: I didn't even say that.
Speaker 4: You're haul of a clipyard going, Hey, he played like a dream team.
Speaker 1: Come on, guys, you're making me look bad over here holding the clipboard. Dream teams go out there and win some games.
Speaker 2: Here, somebody who changed the game.
Speaker 1: All right, So Victor one Byama is going to get more airtime, it feels like than the Joker does.
Speaker 2: Is that just because it's just the hype getting into it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, YEA joker came in fairly. Yeah, Anonymous, he kind of tiptoed in.
Speaker 1: This is the new guy. He's seven to five. It's easy to spot him on the floor. I thought Chet Holmgren was going to get more games national games than Joker this last year until he got hurt in the preseason. It's we're waiting for the new thing, the next thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's one of those where you know the Joker is not going away, you know, much to the chagrin of certain analysts that they're like, oh, this guy's bored. He is in his prime. He's going to be there. They're going to be there, and you have to deal with it. You may not want to watch it, and it may not be you know, a ratings bonanza there, but he is going Now, that'll be a fun game if you get Joker against Victor one Bayama, just to see how a veteran and a rookie and what but you know Joker will do and what Victor one Byama will try to do, that would be fun. Greek Freak against Victor one Byama, that would be a lot of fun. I guess the first time Victor one Byama sees Lebron plays against Lebron, I mean that'll be fun as well.
Speaker 7: Yes, Marv, all of those games will be nationally televised, so it's going to be Victor against any primetime top notch player. Yeah so yeah, Steph Lebron, Joker, embad, be honest, Yeah, all naturally televised.
Speaker 1: Yeah probably so yeah, pulling.
Speaker 4: And what's interesting about one Byama? Unlike like Zion, we watched him play what thirty games that do? We saw it. We saw it. We knew exactly what we're getting. You know, I don't think anyone in America has sat down and watched a European League game that he played in unless you watched on YouTube or some online system.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. Oh by the way, here's some highlights of Victor one Byama until he came over and played in the G League. His team played a G League team. That's the first time you saw him in a game. And I always old people don't look at the highlights, look at somebody and how they get those highlights. And you know, there are times when you go that guy's unbelievable. But if you watch in a game he made dis like Anthony Davis can be unbelievable and should be the Greek freak. But then there are times when he disappears. But if I just showed you the highlights, you'd go, man, that guy he is a wrecking ball. And then if you watch you'll go, oh, he's been on the floor, but he hasn't done anything. Certain players, certain time creating highlights, how good are they in the context of a game. That's why people, you know, almost begrudgingly had to watch Joker and acknowledge him because they had to watch the NBA Finals and then you watched him against Lebron and then you understood that's what makes him great. And even then you can't define it, you just watch it. There's certain athletes where you go, I don't get it, but they do it. I've used it reference before and I even used it to John McEnroe. I said, how do you do what you do? And he goes, I don't know, I just do it. And certain people greatness they don't know. They can't explain it, or a painter can't do it, or an artist, a musician, they can't explain it. They just do it. And Joker, you know, to put him in that category of I don't know how I do it, I just do it because at times you're thinking he just kind of looks like this big guy running into people. But there is. There's texture to his game, there's form to his game, there's touch to his game, there's footwork to his game, there's acknowledgment to his game, there's IQ to his game. And sometimes we don't like to spend time on that stuff, like oh God, you know, I don't want to hear about the labor paying. Just show me the baby here and I'll give me a nice three sixty win mil dunk. That's what I want to say. None of this Chris bounce pass backdoor, hey, keeping the ball alive on the glass.
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: What else do we have, seat o' connor.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to start the weekend off on a negative here, but we're getting a little feedback on the earth take on the London game.
Speaker 2: This person rout ESPN must not have.
Speaker 3: Been advertising the England game on entertainment tonight.
Speaker 1: Because they're pumping it all over the place. Well, okay, I got that box back there, the baseball box, but I didn't know Todd that's right behind you on the air hockey table. Do you go get that? I got that in the mail from Fox.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that like a Jeter?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was the welcome to the team Derek Cheeter. But I didn't know that that was to announce that they were going to London. Did I miss that? I just got that late last week.
Speaker 2: Let me go look, hold on, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well just open it up and let me hear Kevin Burkhardt announced the starting lineup, because that's all I knew.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Wait, you're gonna have to bring it up here. Seton, Yeah, you have to bring it up on your regular microphone here, so close it up.
Speaker 4: So it's a little box. Looks like a shoe box.
Speaker 1: No, it's a it's a baseball. It looks like homeplate.
Speaker 6: It's one of the Fox MLB crew alongside myself, Kevin burk and hay Rod and Big Puffy. And you can tune in Saturday, June twenty fourth and tip your caps to the captain as Derek makes his Fox Sports Studio ANALYSTVU. That'll be live on the twenty twenty three MLB London Series.
Speaker 1: Oh I missed that.
Speaker 2: Well, it took it.
Speaker 1: You know what, They buried the lead. They made it about Derek Jeter. Why did they do that?
Speaker 2: Make it about London, not Derek Jeter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, full disclosure. How many people knew that there was a baseball game, two baseball games in London this weekend, Marvin, you knew.
Speaker 7: I only knew cause I was watching the College World Series.
Speaker 1: Okay, but so you knew this weekend prior to this weekend. Oh, the answer is no, Okay, Paul, did you know?
Speaker 4: I found out Friday afternoon. I saw Waddle and Sylvia and Chicago were doing our show from London, or a sports radio show in Chicago, and I was like, what are they doing in London? And I was like, oh, okay.
Speaker 1: Todd, did you know?
Speaker 8: I was watching Sports on Highlights and they happened to mention that the Cubs Cardinals game was played in London.
Speaker 5: I'm like, okay, they're in London for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you just found out. I just found you found out after the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was watching a game that was already played Seaton.
Speaker 2: Oh know, yeah, I found out this morning. I was like, oh, no, kidding, that's fun I wonder why they went to London.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I didn't realize that. And and the audience is correct. If it's not on Entertainment Tonight or Access Hollywood, then I might have missed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 8: Yes, Tom tim Kircher was interviewing guys with a British accident.
Speaker 5: I still didn't know why he was doing that or that he was even in London.
Speaker 8: M guy's not a tall, handsome guy named Tim Kircher and we talks baseball.
Speaker 1: Well, why do you see if Tim Kirkchan will join us something? Let's do that, all right?
Speaker 4: Yes, I saw that the Cubs player Ian Happ had two home runs for them in London. He sounds like he's from London. Ian halp leading for the Cubs. I mean, it's so it's a wild seam.
Speaker 1: I thought he was a pitcher. Is Ian Happ a picture.
Speaker 4: Is a hop? Is an iron.
Speaker 2: Hop?
Speaker 4: But yeah, they did not. They sent us the box, but I thought it was about the Geter announcement. Didn't think about money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought this was the unveiling of Derek Jeter. There by the way, there is uh, there's a lot of forced forced laughter on that Fox set with a Rod and Cheeter and Big Poppy and then you know, big Poppy fooled him, tricked him into a Red Sox jersey and and then laughter. So Ian Happ is not a picture right Mark, He's currently playing outfield for the Okay, maybe that's why the Cubs aren't doing so well. I thought they had. There was an Ian Happ who was a pitcher. Maybe not Ja there, Joe Okay, Blue.
Speaker 8: Jay's picture j a haplue Blue Jay.
Speaker 1: No, no, you can do that. You can go give me a statu of today. Yeah, but the day he comes here comes that?
Speaker 4: What stant of the day?
Speaker 1: Yes, Paul?
Speaker 4: Should we recap odd first segment references? J Happ Ian Happ? Did we threw a nas reed from the Timberwolves? Yeah, John mcenroll, Yeah, anyone else. That's some pretty random stuff for a segment one.
Speaker 1: You see anything else? Well, we lead the league in randomness when it comes to, you know, name dropping. There's a chance that you can have your name dropped on their show. Kevin Burkhardt, we mentioned him as well, Yes, yes, s yes.
Speaker 8: On further review, Jay Appens, a former baseball pitcher, played for the Phillies, Astros, Blue Jays, Marinas, Pirates, Yankees, Twins, and Cardinals.
Speaker 5: No longer with a bowl club. There was a Happens.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the point. That's okay.
Speaker 5: I said he was a current blue who cares?
Speaker 1: Who cares? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Honestly, Hey, it happens, It happenspens, Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 1: Hottest Rookie's, the biggest superstars, the all time great. It's only one place to collect them all. But he need trading cards, the official trading cards of this program, for instance, Classics, autograph cards, Member billion cards, rare inserts and more. Started to continue your collection now Patini America dot net. Okay, how about we take a break? Sure? Not all right, We'll come back. We'll get phone calls. Settle on our pole question. Sean Elliott who went to dinner with Victor were won by Yama The other night, Greg Popovich, I believe went to dinner as well, and the picture was really surprising. When I saw that, I was like, I know him and him and him and him, and that's Tim Duncan. Back after this year five Dan Patrick's School of Sportscasting at Full Sale University. Man, am I proud of what we've accomplished. And it's been a collaborative effort there with the great people, including my former longtime producer at ESPN, Gus Ramsay, because he heads up the program on a daily basis there in Orlando. The campus of Full Sale University. You can also get your bachelor's degree in sportscasting in about half the time, as short as twenty months, and we have graduates working all over the country. And that was my goal when we first started. I didn't want you to go to school, get a degree, and then be an intern. I want you to get a job. That's our goal with every single one of our students. We have big market, small markets in front of the camera, behind the camera. Full Sale University, your degree is in sportscasting. You choose to earn your degree online as well or Full Sales Beautiful campus in Orlando, Florida. Five years, we've accomplished quite a bit and it's thanks to you parents who are willing to turn over your sons and daughters and let us make them sportscasters. To learn more about the Dan Patrick School to sportscasting, go to Fullsale dot edu slash Dan Patrick. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern sixty nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. We'll get to your phone calls coming up eight seven seven to three. DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. I got some Victor Wumbayama DraftKings odds. Let's see, if you want to bet on the Spurs winning at least thirty five games, that is a plus two hundred, So not far fetched there for the Spurs to get thirty five wins, how about forty or more plus six fifty Wemby to score forty or more in any game this year plus three hundred. Him to get forty five or more in any game is plus fourteen hundred. Yes, boom.
Speaker 4: So they would want the Spurs with women Yama. They would go from twenty two to thirty five wins. That's what Vegas thinks. Yeah, I guess that's the big difference there is he's not a grown man yet. You know, he's a nineteen year old David Robinson when he came to the Spurs. What do you think he was twenty two to twenty three?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When David Robinson joined the Spurs in nineteen eighty nine, they went from twenty one wins to fifty six wins.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's the biggest jump in NBA history. Dang, I think so. And then Tim Duncan was probably twenty two to twenty three when he came in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. Actually, David Robinson's rookie year's twenty four years old. He had the military service. His first year averaged twenty five twelve and four blocks.
Speaker 1: Man, if you're going to be a seven footer, you want your body to look like David Robinson. Even now this day, he looks like he could still play. That dude had arms. Man, he was cut. And then you see this dinner party and you got Victor Won Bayama, you got Tim Duncan in there. And if you would have said, oh, that's Tim Duncan, Duncan's twin brother, then I went went okay, you know he went a little islandy honest, rosta Timmy. And you had David Robinson, who's in there. You had Sean Elliott, and you had Manu Jenobli. And if you can make David Robinson and Tim Duncan look small, Victor Wan Bayama did. That's why when you when you see somebody and you go, oh, he's a seven footer, and then you see somebody who is seven six and you go, oh, there's a big difference in that, or Yao ming, Oh yeah he's seven five, and then you meet him and then you go, oh, wow, he's more than seven to five. He's a big He's the biggest man on the planet. So certain guys, uh, they just look bigger than what they really are. But if you're looking at a team and all of these guys, I don't know if they still just all live in San Antonio. Now they knew that one Bayama was going to go to San Antonio, but Greg Popovich got him all together. And to have that collection of all time greats, Hall of famers who are going to be there to help you make that transition. How valuable is that for Duncan and David Robinson to start out with. I mean, I don't know where Tony Parker was, but put Tony Parker in the mix.
Speaker 4: There he was in the picture.
Speaker 1: You just can't see cut off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the kid taking the picture.
Speaker 1: But Victor Wan Baioma, when you get to that height, it's just different. Seven footers are commonplace, seven to five not so much. And he is he is a full head above David Robinson, who is legitimate seven foot one. All right, we'll get some phone calls here coming up. I don't know what the end goal is with Major League Baseball in London that they've played in other countries. They've played in Japan, and I believe in Mexico. But this is the second London series. I think they've got a couple more coming up in the next couple of years. Here. We know NFL has an endgame of maybe ending up in London, but I was you know, basketball has been global since the Dream Team, but I don't know what baseball's endgame is. And I don't mean to be dismissive of baseball being in London. I just wasn't aware of it. And is it a novel game? Having two games there? Do they care about baseball there? Are they trying to get people to care about baseball there? Football we've seen, you know, it's becoming more global now. I don't know if we get to China or Japan or any of those other countries, baseball is there. Baseball is global in that sense. Basketball is certainly global, Golf is But London just surprised me. Mexico City, I get that, Japan, I get that, but I was just curious about what is or is it just a novelty of Hey, we're going to go to London. Okay, just basically we're going to do a TV show and we're going to go to London for two games. Yes, Pauling, do you think.
Speaker 4: MLB looks at what they've done the past with like the Field of Dreams games and says this is a way to spice up June. You know this is that's it. It's just June is tough. You know, there's there's opening.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's spiced it up. The Field of Dreams game. We know that that got a lot of attention because it's the field, it's the destination more than the game. I don't know if we went boy can't wait to see a Homer with Big Ben in the background.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Just I'm just curious about it.
Speaker 4: I wonder if there's just center room going, what's next? What we try? Let's keep trying stuff every summer, every day.
Speaker 1: You know what, how about we take the runner off second base in the tenth inning? How about we do that and then we could do some other things here.
Speaker 4: I was hoping they've run around the bases backwards like we were talking about last week, because it's London.
Speaker 1: Baseball's you know, done some good things here recently. They have and they've been promoting offense. You know, I don't think we've had a no hitter this year. What's the latest into a season that we've had a no hitter? First no hitter this season? And no hitters are rare, but if I do the math here in twenty twenty one, baseball set of record nine no hitters in a single season. Twenty twenty two, there were four no hit games. By this time last season there were three. We don't have any no hitters so far. I don't know what the latest into a season that we've had our first no hitter in Major League baseball. You know, we took away the shift, the pitch clock. There's more offense. It feels like made the bases larger. But I don't know if you would think with all the swinging and missing, like there's probably more strikeouts per game than at any point in modern history. It just happens. It's commonplace where you're like, all right, hey, I got punched out three times. I don't know if strikeouts are down, it feels like they would be up. Therefore, the swing and mismantality that you would probably have more no hitters, or at least flirting with more no hitters, but that has not been the case. Maybe it's an anomaly there, but I was just wondering about that, right eight seven seven three DP show Yes, Pony.
Speaker 4: The latest I can find of a no hitter nineteen seventy six. The first no hitter of the season was July ninth, nineteen seventy six, went all the way to July. There's a couple instances where it was June, but July is the deepest I can find.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm just curious if you know these new rules have changed anything with that. You're still swinging and missing and there's no shame in striking out anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, Yeah, the new rules seem to be a big success so far this year. Yeah, I mean, all things considered, right, the pitch clock isn't a big deal. Necessarily occasionally it bubbles up, as you know, somebody gets tossed or something. The bigger bases isn't isn't controversial.
Speaker 1: No, I thought we'd have more stolen bases, you know. And the sift the shift changing too. That was a big deal as well. Yeah, but you're not putting the ball in play anymore then you used to. I don't know if batting average still matters. I don't think it does. But it just feels like it's commonplace if you have seventeen of your twenty seven ounce's strikeouts, like, oh okay, and they won, you know, four to three with a couple of two run homers.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Pull going back to the nineteen eighty two season with no hitters. They didn't have one the entire nineteen eighty two season, not one no hitter.
Speaker 1: Was that a strike shortened season?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: That was there was a strike?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think so, okay, checking, Yeah, doing a deep dive into baseball here.
Speaker 4: Early yeah, early Tim Kirshy was running around talking tea and crumpets, doing the all the cliche London stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, did they go to Ted Lasso's bar? I wonder if they did that. I think you can rent that out, can't you? The Richmond bar?
Speaker 4: Do you think it's getting like crazy tourists?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, It's like when we went to Sicily and the area where in Taramina where they had white lotus. Second season, it was going to be crazy. They were already talking We went in April and they were already talking about they were dreading what you know, July and August was going to be because everybody going over there is going to go and wants to see where White Lotus was filmed and the hotel where it was filmed. And what they did with the show is they show you this hotel and you think there's a beach right behind it. There is no beach right behind it. They created this image of oh, here's the hotel and there's a beach right behind it. So people, if you're going over there to stay, the beach isn't right behind that hotel in Taramino. It's still a beautiful place to go, but it is going to be wall to wall people and unbelievably hot.
Speaker 3: Yes, funny thing about that TV shows or movies will do because I remember there was once this TV show called Point Pleasant that was based on like a town in New Jersey, but it was like a fictional show. And when you saw what they were shooting as Point Pleasant, that's not what it looks like at all, Like it's not even clothes. It looked more like California than it did New Jersey, you know, and they had these big amusement rides and a huge ferris wheel and stuff. And I remember the first time seeing it, I'm like, that's not point pleasant.
Speaker 2: With the heck. But they, you know, they kind of take those liberties, you know.
Speaker 4: Yes, I wonder if that's what happens to certain I guess places that are on TV. Remember we went up and shot at the diner Monks Diner for Seinfeld one on the Upper west Side, far Upper west Side. I wonder if it goes from like cool and novel and kind of kitchy, too overwhelming and disturbing. Remember we went in there to shoot and the guy who was met us there as the manager and he goes, I'll show you what the table is. You guys got twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: There's a street in New York, in the West Village, and that's where the exterior of Sex in the City, where Sarah Jessica Parker's apartment was, and people from all over all over the world go just to take a picture in front of this brownstone. Meanwhile, Sarah Jessica Parker I think, lives the block behind that, so you could actually go take a picture of Jessica and Matthew Brodericks brownstone instead these people who probably thought, oh, there's a TV show that wants to use the exterior of our brownstone. There are people there all day, all night taking pictures. They have you know, ropes there, chains there. People will climb over that to get the picture of Sarah Jessica Parker's brownstone in New York City.
Speaker 3: Yes, but that see, I get that part if you're just a normal person living in a normal street and then something makes it super famous and it kind of messes up your day to day life. The example you gave in Sicily though, where you're a tourist destination and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, god, people coming here.
Speaker 2: It's like, what the heck?
Speaker 4: I remember.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's still that way, but Vermont used to be that way all the time. They would complain about all the tourists all the time, and it's like, dude, that's like ninety percent of your economy is winter tourism. And be like, oh god, all these you know, the people from New Jersey are coming up again.
Speaker 1: You're like, I will say, the Irish get it, the Irish get tourism, and uh, well, we're going to put them to the test. Perhaps at the end of August, if we take the show they know Todd Fritz. Oh gosh, I really hope we go because we're just gonna, okay, get those pubs and be silly and have a great time. Nobody hits a pub like you do.
Speaker 5: No, right, that doesn't even need to be stated.
Speaker 2: Let's go be silly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are the free pretzels here?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What are you going to ask for when we go to if if we go to Dublin at the end of August, we'll have.
Speaker 5: A nice cornby sandwich. I want to know if it's.
Speaker 1: Carry over drinking. No, you drink when you I will.
Speaker 5: Ask for a ginger rale.
Speaker 1: Drink a little bit, you will.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll take a little sip of the guinness or whatever the ca to doing over there. I'll drink a little bit.
Speaker 4: Those kids are that new beer, I don't.
Speaker 5: I vibe and have a little beer and I'll be part of the atmosphere.
Speaker 1: You'll like guinnis. You will, because you'll think it's dessert that gets very smooth and all.
Speaker 5: The peer pressure.
Speaker 8: Even if I'm not drinking, I'll make sure I'm holding something that looks as if that I'm drinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but don't do what you've done before when we go to a great restaurant and then we get great wine and then Fritz Fritzy will get a glass and then he doesn't drink.
Speaker 5: I sit at it, but you don't like it.
Speaker 8: All of a sudd there's an attractive waitress or a woman involved, and now I'm doing things I never would have done before because I'm just like, I got to impress this person.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you do. I've seen you do that anytime. Yes, I've seen you doing charge. Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Somebody just sent in a good one about like a tourist place that kind of gets blown up.
Speaker 2: Is the Cheers Bar. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a real good one.
Speaker 1: I just went by it. I was in Boston to see Darius Rucker at Fenway and Caine Brown was the headliner there. But went up there and saw a concerted Fenway. Pretty cool. So it's you're back by the Green Monster and uh so the stage looks out over.
Speaker 4: Home You know the stage is near home Plate.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's at the Green Monster and it looks out to Home Plate. So when Darius was singing Fenway, you know Fenway Park, right, behind a home plate. That's what you can see. But it was a great crowd, it was it was a beautiful night in Boston.
Speaker 4: Did he singing songs with the Boston accent just him?
Speaker 1: No he didn't, No, no, no, he didn't. He didn't instinct Sweet Caroline or no. No, you know what, I don't know. That's a great point. I should have told him to do that. But then does every artist who goes there swing Sweet Caroline?
Speaker 8: But that they would lose their mind if that's not something that everybody does. And he just started breaking that up.
Speaker 4: Yes, I got one more house for you, the house Tony Soprano lived in the movie in that TV show Sopranos.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was owned by the same family for thirty two years. They leased it out to the HBO for exterior shot and different things over the years and became quite the tourist attraction. They leaned into it. They did not like shy away from it. They were pretty welcoming and they appreciated tours and things like that, and they made money off it. They did list the house a few years ago for three point four million dollars, which is a million and a half over the estimated value. I cannot find whether they sold it or not, but they said it got pretty hot and heavy.
Speaker 1: Though I would not want one of those houses.
Speaker 4: They didn't know what they were doing. They got approached by HBO about a one time usage of an exterior shot.
Speaker 1: Well, you never think that, Oh, what's the worst case scenario. It's like, oh, hey, have you seen this show? You know it's not very popular our houses, you know on there, next thing, you know, people are there. Go back to Breaking Bad where they would throw pizza boxes on top of what was that Walter's house. Yeah, and they finally had to come out and say they had to cordon off the front yard because people there was a scene where a pizza ends up on the roof, and you'd have tourists who would go in and throw pizzas up on top of the roof. They are are they're renting out our house. You know, we're making you know, fifteen thousand dollars. Next thing, you know, like these people won't go away, Yes, it's time.
Speaker 8: Was the Brady Bunch House ever something you wanted to either see or pretend you lived in at one point? And then like you have the little sound effect that you could play if something in real life happens.
Speaker 1: Where you're here's the sound effect gets laid off. For me, the sound.
Speaker 5: Effect, yeah gets laid off. We're never gonna be able to pay.
Speaker 1: The mortgage now, thank you.
Speaker 2: To see like that would be a real problem.
Speaker 3: It was more like, you know, Jan's book just got stuck in her locker and she couldn't turn in her homework.
Speaker 1: And that's the first time I remember asked her tur if in the backyard, even though it wasn't supposed.
Speaker 2: To be a lot of knee injuries in that film.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cost effective though, Yeah, get lost out.
Speaker 1: Ye all right, let's take a break here. We'll get phone calls coming up. Our play of the day is up next. Great day starts the night before, and of course the mood I'm in. I had a great night last night. I got a great night sleep. Yes I did, and it's because my sleep number setting is seventy five. Sleep number. Smart beds individually will help the sleep experience. You can adjust both sides of the bed. It's two beds in one and you will stay asleep longer, sleeping effortlessly comfortable, and the sleep quality actually see how well you slept. Personalized insights into getting better sleep. They thought of everything, and they're always thinking of you making it better. Sleep Number Next level. Unlock your unique potential with the smart bed that can perform as well as you. The Sleep Number three sixty Queen C two smart bed is now eight hundred ninety nine dollars. That means you save two hundred dollars plus special financing for a limited time only at Sleep number stores or sleep number dot com slash Patrick sleep number dot com slash Patrick c store for details. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern sixty nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. Polly Foosco here with Tony Fusco.
Speaker 6: Yo.
Speaker 9: Of course you know us as the host of the number one rated show and all the sports talks, The Paully and Tony Fusco Show. Now, the suits at Fox Sports Radio gave us this ad time because they wanted us to tell you how great our show is. Why Yeah, instead of us doing that, let's just let our millions of fans do the darker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, play the tape.
Speaker 4: You don't know.
Speaker 5: Crap about four owners, crap.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. That's the wrong tape, wrong tape. Just forget that.
Speaker 6: Look.
Speaker 1: Listen to the Paully.
Speaker 9: Tony Fusco Show on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: Oh my, God, of the day.
Speaker 1: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 5: Check this out.
Speaker 4: The pitch get high in the air on that slider that hung dal the left field line.
Speaker 5: It is heading down the line to be a blown a fair ball. It's a home run.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, a grand slam.
Speaker 7: That ball carried and carried and carried.
Speaker 6: And a grand slam home run for Ty Evans has blown this game up and for Florida.
Speaker 1: Florida scored twenty four runs, breaking the College World Series record set in nineteen fifty seven by Notre Dame scoring twenty three. That's courtesy of ESPN in Gainesville. It's your play of the day. National title game will be decided tonight. Play the Day brought to you by Discovered credit Cards. They do something pretty awesome. At the end of your first year, they automatically double the cash back you've earned everything earned doubled cash back from trips and restaurants all doubled. See terms and check it out for yourself. Discover dot com slash match. Being told that I missed out on some of the Godfather two scenes when I went to Sicily, I was told about these places if I wanted to go, well, I'm not a fan of the Godfather. I didn't care. And then I said to my wife, I said, if you want to go see scenes where you know, I think where Michael's wife gets blown up in a car spoiler alert, Yes you can go see that. And I go, no, I don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have never watched either Godfather one or.
Speaker 1: Two, not all the way through?
Speaker 4: Do you think it's the year to do it like a nice slow day?
Speaker 1: I haven't watched the Sopranos, Polly. Do you realize how many shows I have not seen?
Speaker 4: Why whyn't we rectify that a little bit? I wonder if every month we pick one thing for you to watch and you tell us I'm glad I saw it, or was it was waste my time? Like, we'll pick one a month and it has to be like a sure thing.
Speaker 1: And I look and I know people are like how can you not like It's not that I don't like it. I just never got into the Sopranos when everybody else did. Sometimes when you're late, then you don't want to play catch up. And I did that with the Wire, thankfully I did. But that was ten years so.
Speaker 4: That worked out. The Wire worked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what if we made you an offer you couldn't refuse.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've seen the movie, so I get the reference.
Speaker 4: We would like to make an offer you cannot refuse.
Speaker 3: We were just wondering this weekend actually because it was rainy here, if we could let our kids start watching the Godfather movies.
Speaker 1: Uh, your son is it's thirteen? Yeah you probably can, Yeah, probably probably.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, but say the problem is to my wife doesn't like those movies either.
Speaker 1: Of how they depict the Italians. Yeah, yeah, yeah, see that that's the thing. It's I know, it's great. Sopranos is great. I didn't even watch the final episode, and I told you what my thoughts were of what they were trying to do. That they live on, that we die, that was the final scene. I didn't even see it. And then it had Journey playing on the jukebox and you know, I don't like Journey either.
Speaker 4: That was because of death.
Speaker 3: But it's funny though, because you take your your take on the final scene very seriously, having never seen the show where you're like that, I already told you what this meant.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know, I know, I know, but I never saw an episode of er La Law. Like, there's so many great shows. I just never Hill Street Blues. I didn't watch Hill Street Blues. West Wing, I did not watch West Wing.
Speaker 2: You're not really a network TV guy, I'm not.
Speaker 1: But also, I was working so fifteen of the eighteen years that I worked at ESPN, I worked second shift and Monday through Friday. So I'm not watching any of those shows. And people would talk about, oh have you seen and I go, I haven't.
Speaker 4: Your loyalty the cable TV is very respectful.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I've been in cable TV. That's my life. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, you gotta do the bear I tried. I watched two episodes of the first season. Yeah, oh man, this season that I just watched an episode from season two. It might be the best episode of television I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: It's phenomenal. Oh phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is a kitchen. Is it a state, It's a place.
Speaker 3: It's like a restaurant kind of thing in Chicago that sells like Italian beef sandwiches.
Speaker 4: They're pretty common to have Italian beef almost only places all around Chicago. They're very loyal. People are very loyal to them. They built up a big following. It's very traditional.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like it's like a family restaurant basically. And the main character left Chicago and went to New York and I think kind of traveled the world a little bit and became just like a rock star chef. And now he's come back to New York to sort of help this Italian beef spot. And it's just all about these like just the complexities and intricacies of family dynamics.
Speaker 2: And it is phenomenal. It's a great show.
Speaker 1: I've heard great things about it.
Speaker 2: This season two is better than the first one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it made me kind of edgy, where what's going on in the kitchen? And you know, yes, chef and I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the entire purpose of this show is to make you uncomfortable and make it almost like an experience watching it. It's if you like the movie uncut gems. You like the Bear. You don't have to like you don't have to like gambling to like uncut Gems. You don't have to like Italian beef to like the Bear.
Speaker 3: I would say, and this, this episode that I just watched, is based around Christmas and the family is already super dysfunctional, and it's basically like a flashback. And if you take a dysfunctional family, especially around the holidays and a lot of different things going on, the tension and the way they ramp it up is just phenomenal.
Speaker 1: So season two of The Bear, Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I gotta watch Season one of The Bear. I couldn't get through Beef. And you told me how great beef was.
Speaker 2: Oh, Beef was awesome.
Speaker 1: I tried.
Speaker 2: Beef was great.
Speaker 1: You don't. My attension span is really small.
Speaker 2: Beef is a good show.
Speaker 1: You got about seventeen minutes to get me. And if you don't, I'm gone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gone, like forever. Yeah, you're like, you don't get back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't go back.
Speaker 4: Godfather one came out in I think seventy three.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I might get around to it, but I'm not going to go to Hey, this is where Michael's wife died gets blown up in the cars. Okay, I don't know if there's a like I'd go to Lake Tahoe to see that house where Michael lived.
Speaker 4: But you just go to Lake Todder to golf and happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah by, And then if I do to drive by and I go, oh, that's beautiful, I mean Lake Tahoe, that's beautiful, I'd go to see the house, but I don't have any real interest in seeing any movie sets, you know, Hoosiers. I would, I'd go. I'd shoot some jumpers in that gym.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's called the Knightstown Gym in Knightstown, Indiana, and it's become a big tourist attraction. That would be a great one to stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like to go there and drain some jumpers.
Speaker 4: You put on some chucks, high socks.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, yes, some tight shorts. Absolutely be killing it. Well, we made it through hour one on this one day. I gotta get some phone calls come up, even though Todd goes, no, don't, yeah, no, I love why our audience.
Speaker 5: We get a couple of decent ones.
Speaker 1: You weren't here on Friday, Todd? Was you know you were rock Yeah, are you doing okay?
Speaker 8: And Philly Cheesteak, I'm a lot better than I was. I spent a lot of time in disposed
Speaker 1: All right, our two coming up,