Speaker 1: Wow, Hey, everybody, welcome to the Stardom Sidham Show.
Speaker 2: This used to be a video show.
Speaker 1: Now they're doing it on audio because truly needs to see us when we're talking about the guy Who's gonna start and sit.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it is the.
Speaker 1: Audio or ural a U R A L version of the column that Michael left Florioll writes. You can find it every week at NFL dot com slash starts Sit. How is it getting back in the groove of writing this thing because it is a behemoth of a column every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Week one is typically the easiest because I get I started it like a week and a half ago, so I can kind of spread it and I don't have to write it all in one day like I do in season. So I like this pace a lot better.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, It's like it's like being a recording artist, right.
Speaker 1: You guess your whole lifetime to write your first album, you get eighteen months to write the second one, you know, So that's kind of how it works. Anyway, I'm here with Florio, Lakwan Jones is here as well. We're gonna go through some of the starts and sits from Florio's column, and then we will nitpick at it or maybe tell him he's good, he's good and pat him on the back.
Speaker 2: So let's go with the quarterback starts. Who do you have this week, Floria.
Speaker 3: I have Anthony Richardson as a start against the Texans, Jared Goff as a start against the Rams. In that same game, I'm starting Matthew Stafford, and I think you could start Jaden Daniels this week as well. And then my sits Brock Purdy against the Jets, Herbert against the Raiders, Aaron Rodgers against the forty nine ers, and Kirk Cousins against the Steelers. You might notice a theme when it comes to some of these sits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely a lot of you know, starting sitting guys against bad or agons good defenses. I should say, Brock perty Aaron Rodgers going against each other on Monday Night football.
Speaker 2: Lakwan.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm gonna ask you about Matthew Stafford, especially by both Stafford and Goff, I mean because they they obviously played against each other in the playof are obviously going to be linked together for the rest of their careers because of the trade.
Speaker 2: But this does have the.
Speaker 1: Potential to be a really high scoring really entertaining game. It was a it was a really entertaining playoff game. I know your team came up short, but it's a fun game to watch. I think this game is gonna be equally as fun to watch this week.
Speaker 4: I like how you slid in there that we came up short. Like I didn't watch the game, but thank you. I appreciate the pain.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to be I'm trying to report factually correct information.
Speaker 3: That's all the Lions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here we go. But listen, I definitely think there's going to be a high scoring game. These are two quarterbacks, man, that you need to have in your starting lineups. Like, I really like that you got them in the column, Gloria, because man, people are sleeping on Matthew Stafford. Like people are not understanding we have a full healthy team. So therefore we have the Avengers have assembled because when you look at last season, man, there was a bunch of injuries, and Matthew Stafford wasn't himself in some games, and then you know he's battling through injury mid season. But once everybody came back together, Man, there was just no questions that Matthew Stafford might have been one of the best, you know quarterbacks in the NFL. So I'm pounding the table for a full healthy season that he could be MVP.
Speaker 2: Wow, MVP even wow, that's on paper, that's bold.
Speaker 1: So Flora, I know the other day on Fantasy Live, you you you did your starts and sits and you said, you know, Marcus used to put on earmuffs and you said, Brock Purty is a set Like I honestly, I was not offended because I'm like, yeah, I don't know that I would start Brock Purty this week either, going against the New York Jets. Look, there are times to start Purty. I don't know that this is one of those opportunities.
Speaker 2: I think there are. Uh, there's so much going on with that defense.
Speaker 1: Now. Look, Hassan Redick may not be there because apparently he can't find his weight, like a big deal. Like Hassan Reddick hasn't been to the facility yet. I'm like, maybe his GPS is broken.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But either way, there's just a lot defensively that I have to be concerned about. If if I'm you know, Brock Purty, so I'm I'm totally with you on on keeping him on the bench.
Speaker 4: This is the starter's preseason. That's how it kind is, you know, guys that haven't played at all.
Speaker 3: No, the season did not go well for Brock Purdy e like it did not. It was rough and on top of the matchup with being Sauce Gardner and the Jets defense and everything. We did see Perdy struggle against top defenses last year, like the Ravens got to him pretty well. But even more than that, Trent Williams is just getting back. Brendon Ayuk is just getting back. I think the forty nine ers win this game, but I don't think they look like mid season forty nine ers just yet. I think it might take them a couple weeks to get to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's gonna be a close game.
Speaker 1: I think it's gonna be a relatively low scoring game compared to some of the other games we'll see in Week one as well. So I yeah, I think it's It actually makes a lot of sense. Your starts running backs, what you got.
Speaker 3: Don't call me a homer. I am starting James Connor against the Bills. I'm starting a favorite of all of ours on this pod, and Raheem Mostert against the Jaguars. I'm really excited to watch Davonte Williams, and I'm excited for both running backs in that one. But Javonte against Seattle Zamir White. I have a start against the Chargers, and then my sits. It pains me to say, but I'm taking a wait and see approach with Austin Eckler Jalen Warren against the Falcons. I have as a sit, and then I need answers for the Bengals backfield against the Patriots and the Cowboys backfield against the Browns. Both are in tough matchups and we don't know how the work is gonna look, so I need answers to those ones before I trust him in my lineup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know people are getting excited about Rico Dowdell.
Speaker 1: I'm very much like I need to see it first before I sort of get on board with that one. I'm a Javonte Williams Stan Lakwan, I've made no secret about it on the show.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think I know how you've had Where do you come down on Javonte Williams.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, if you would have asked me this in May, I probably Like, yeah, I'm not touching him, but he looked good in the preseason, so like I'm okay with having him, you know, on my rosters now and the late draft that I did have, But I'm still confused of what this backfield is going to actually look like because they have so much talent back there, you know, and like this isn't a bad matchup for them, honestly, Like the Seahawks. Man, I understand they're this scary defense now with Mike mc McDonald there, But I really feel as though Javonte Williams, he looked really fresh, he look good, he look healthy. So if they're gonna give him the workload, like I'm gonna rock with him in Week one and to see what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in on Javonte.
Speaker 1: I like Julia McLaughlin's kind of a deep sleeper this week as well, because I think he's gonna get a lot of targets and like I know, a lot of teams made defensive changes ready to bringing in new people, new coaches. I feel like it's gonna take a couple of weeks for these to come around. Like maybe Mike McDonald gets this thing going in Seattle I don't necessarily know that they gets going in Seattle in Week one exactly, so I'm in with Javonte. I'm also well, maybe it's because I have a fourteen team league where I don't have a lot of options. I'm starting Austin Eckler. I'm choosing to believe. I'm choosing to keep Hope alive against Ecklers because I think I just think the pass catching upside keeps him afloat in a game that could be high scoring, in a game where Washington could be trailing, that means two minute real work. He's past catching work, and so hopefully that keeps him sort of relevant. I'm trying to speak this into existence because again, I have a fourteen team league where I him.
Speaker 3: I have Austin Eckler on so many of my benches, Like I took him in as many drafts as I can because he was going so cheap, but he's usually more is my army and a deep league like that, Marcus for sure start him fourteen team anything like that. Uh, But I was looking over my rosters and I was like, ah, like I always felt a little bit better safer with my RB two, and that's kind of how but look, if you want to swing for the fences, I think Eckler still brings all the pass catching upside that you were just talking about. So I'm hoping we even get an air guitar show.
Speaker 2: That'd be great, that'd be fantastical.
Speaker 4: If that, I'm sure you'll text me if he scores so.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you'll you'll know.
Speaker 3: I won't even have to say anything and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's true, very true.
Speaker 5: Let's move on to your start wider receivers. Who do you got avoiding players who play on Thursday? We got Calvin Ridley, who I am super bullish on against the Bears, Terry McLaurin going up against the Bucks, and then I've been talking him up a lot this week, Malik Neighbors against the Vikings.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited to watch his NFL debut. Roma Dunsday is a sit for me against the Titans. Keyon Coleman, I think is a sit against the Cardinals. The Bills just slow play their rookies early in the season. And then Jordan Addison. I want no parts of him. I didn't want to draft him and I don't want to start him in Week one.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know on our Thursday show, Lakwan said that he thought Justin Jefferson was going to be a week one dud. So if if Jefferson's a week one dud, I really don't know what hope Jordan Addison is going.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be ugly for that boy.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be ugly. Yeah, Melik Neighbors, I'm totally on board with you.
Speaker 1: Mentioned Terry McLaurin, and we all love Jayden Daniels, and so I don't understand why it is that we haven't talked more about McLaurin.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know it's because, you know, like he's had He's had four straight years over a thousand yards.
Speaker 2: I know that none of them have ever been huge.
Speaker 1: Like I think we always had bigger hopes for him, but he also has had just a not.
Speaker 2: So great group of quarterbacks throwing the ball at him. I went back and looked.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like, you know, case Keenum and Taylor Heineke and Sam Howell and you know, just hasn't been a great group of quarterbacks. So I'm hoping that having Jade and Daniels can elevate him. I think it starts week one. I also like the the idea that you know, Cliff Kingsbury's going to play against type and actually move his ex receiver around and not just leave him standing on the left side of the formation the whole time. So that's exciting to me. Lakwan where are you at on Romodoon day? Because I know flooryo Is is just kind of being patient. I'm like, let's just dive into the abyss and go where are you on Rome this week?
Speaker 4: So that we know this wide receiver course stacked. So it's like one of those things that I kind of want to wait and see before I put the rookie in my starting lineups, Like I feel more confident put in like a Keenan Allen or a DJ Moore. I need to see that he doesn't end up you know Shane Waldron's JSN version where he's just used as a gadget and he's utilized in some design plays and then he kind of fades away in a third and fourth quarter. So like, I need to see if he's going to be consistently used. And obviously, like I said before, Kayla Williams is the winning here in fantasy where he has all these tools that he can use and be able to be like a Fantasy stud in week one to make a splash. So Roma Duneesa, I'm just on the wait and see list. You know, I'm kind of like hesitant, you know, to put him in this week.
Speaker 1: I you know, I don't have him in enough spots where I can really truly make that call, like the places I have him, like, I've got other guys that are like locked in for sure, for sure. I just have this feeling he's gonna go big now, mind you, Adam Rank, So take this with you know, multiple shakers of salt, and I heard that projected him on Thursday's episode of Fantasy Life for twenty points.
Speaker 2: Oh this week.
Speaker 1: But it's also because I will say this. We were doing a segment about rookies and he had projected Marvin Harrison for eighteen.
Speaker 2: I had Mick Neighbors for seventeen.
Speaker 1: And he's like, do you think I'm actually going to have Romo Dunze for fewer points than these other two guys?
Speaker 2: You're crazy?
Speaker 3: He will have fewer than those two guys. Yeah, I have one lineup conundrum where I have two flex spots and four options. It's a donsay Shakir, Jerome Ford, Cuba Hubbard. I keep going back and forth on those ones.
Speaker 1: Dunja Shakir Hubbard, who was the last one, Jerome Ford, Jerome Ford. Maybe because I'm crazy like I might do odonsay, I might, I just really might throw. Or it's Cuba Hubbard, which is a wild thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my co manager wants to play the two running backs. I'm kind of like, let's have fun and play the receivers.
Speaker 2: Me in the middle. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Last one. We got tied into your starting sits this week.
Speaker 3: Please everyone stop calling it the Arthur Smith revenge game. It is the Pile Pitts revenge game. He is a must start tight end for me. He is going to show the world it wasn't me the last two years, it was you, Arthur Smith. I think Jake Ferguson, who I'm pretty sure we all love on this show. I am very excited for what he is going to be this season, and I think it starts in week one. Dallas Goddard I think is just undervalued right now. I think with the new OC there, we're gonna get more passing. And then I think Tyler Conklin is sneaky because Roger's gonna try to get rid of the ball quick and he is going to be the safe, secure target over the middle. David and Joku is a sit for me. Forty three percent of his fantasy points last year came in a five game span with Joe Flacco brock Bowers. After missing so much practice this summer, I want to see it first. And then two tight ends that are buried behind three wide receivers in Dalton Schultz and Cole Comet, I need more, say volume to get them in my lineup. In Week one.
Speaker 1: The Tyler Conklin drum beats have gotten very loud, very loud.
Speaker 2: Are you are you? Are you pounding the drum for Tyler Conklin LQ?
Speaker 4: Not Week one, but I do agree that he's a sleeper on the season long look, but not Week one, man, Like, I really need to see, you know, how Rogers look and how this offense is gelling together because we kind of were cut short last season, you know obviously with the injury. So I don't even know what Aaron Rodgers forty one years old looks as a jet you know, with this offense. Can this O line still protect him? But Tyler Conklin is definitely a season long sleeper, being that the last three seasons he generated eighty seven targets eighty seven targets, eighty seven targets, and he's kept a seventy percent you know catch RaSE. So he's one of those reliable targets for Aaron Rodgers. But out the gate Week one, I'm a little hesitant.
Speaker 1: I would give him a shot this week, especially if you if you punted on the tight end position in drafts that you waited a little bit longer and you took Conklin, you know, I would give him a shot. I think there's there's opportunity for him. The Niners were not great against tight ends last year too. I think that's something to kind of keep in mind. And I think Loreo's point, did you want to get the ball out quickly?
Speaker 2: You know I don't.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna see any his bootleg rollouts where you know Rogers got hurt last year, It's gonna be him, you know, three step, drop and throw scrapped.
Speaker 3: The funniest thing in the world could happen. I mean, the Jets that other Achilles.
Speaker 1: We don't want for injuries, but I'm not wishing it, but man like Jets, you have to.
Speaker 2: You would have to do a welfare check on your Jets fans friends.
Speaker 3: I have the reason. I have so many Jet fan friends, and last year when it happened, Oh my god, the group chat was they were like it was it was even it was I don't even know how to describe it. It was like pain denial all at once, and it kind of just made me chuckle. Even though the Bills lost that game, I came away from it being like, well, the division's up no longer up for grabs.
Speaker 1: All all the stages of grief I'm sure at one time for Jets fans. At that point, I brock Bauers just real quick. Yeah, I don't know if I have excuse me, I'm all choked up now. I don't know if I have the stones to start him this week. But I'm very keeping a very close eye because I started to buy into brock Bauers as draft season went along.
Speaker 2: So I will be watching that one very.
Speaker 1: Closely to see how he's used versus how Michael Mayer is used as well, and uh, you know what sort of opportunities he gets in that game may not be a lot of points in that one either between the Raiders and the Chargers.
Speaker 2: If we're being completely honest, so so so we'll see for sure. Uh, there it is. Those are the starts and sits for this week.
Speaker 1: For a little more in depth analysis, you can go and check out Florio's column at nfl dot com slash Start Sit. We'll be with you here every Friday, sort of breaking them down. Column comes out on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Mike Wednesdays. Every varies on time, but it'll be early afternoon.
Speaker 1: Can I can I tweet at you and ask when it's out repeatedly I'll tell you people.
Speaker 3: Ask me for ETAs and I'm like, listen, man, I send this to the editors today.
Speaker 2: Once I once I hit Sin on the email, i am no longer in control anymore.
Speaker 3: Is the best feeling for me every week is hitting Sin on that email for the week it is? It is wrapped up?
Speaker 2: Yep, No, I'm sure that's an absolutely great feeling.
Speaker 1: So, uh, there it is. We got football on Friday night. It is the Packers and the Eagles from South Paulo, Brazil. A full slate on Sunday, a Monday night game. We'll be back with you with our normal podcast on Monday as well, so I look forward to that. We'll be recapping everything that happened over the weekend. But that'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast, The Happy, Safe, and Health They do good and live well. Enjoy Friday Night, Enjoy Sunday, and we will talk to you next week.
Speaker 3: I don't help