Speaker 1: Welcome to Wired to Hunt's Rut Fresh Radio, bringing you the latest reports from the whitetail Woods, presented by First Light, creating proven versatile hunting apparel for the stand, saddle or blind. First Light Go farther, stay longer, and now your hosts, Casey Smith and Tyler.
Speaker 2: Jones, Welcome to Refresh Radio. I'm your host, Casey Smith. The rut is on or is it? Is it locked down? Or are you locked in? This is Retfresh, Let's go. What is happening? Everyone? Welcome to Refresh Radio. I'm your host Casey Smith. Tyler Jones is here as well. We are brought to you by First Light Year and we are rocking and rolling throughout the country hunting white till Dear, how neat is that we get to see the rut unfold?
Speaker 3: Tyler, I'm not powered by that apple. I just ate umpowered by First Lee.
Speaker 4: Well, you know.
Speaker 2: You uh, you know, you have a little meat, have a little bread, you know that kind of stuff. We had a lot of bread actually around here. So there's this thing that's phenomenon that happens, phenomena that's actually on the muppets. If you're on hunting trips, Uh, sometimes you kind of have these little grocery store runs. We just grab some stuff you think you need. Well, every once in a while you load up on bread, you know, and you end up with like four or five loaves.
Speaker 4: Of bread, maybe five or six.
Speaker 2: And you look at like when you do it, you don't think you're getting too many. But long story short, yard, you forget how many. You buy a lot of peanut butter and jelly, and then you figure out a way to use all that bread on your hunting trips.
Speaker 3: Tyler, it's like two loaves turned into you know, enough to feed fast man.
Speaker 2: That's right. Uh So I have a question for you, Tyler. What is the key to packing peanut butter and jellies in your hunting pack and not having them turn into a squish fit?
Speaker 4: No such thing. Yeah, that's why I take apple.
Speaker 2: I like, do you like a squish peanut butter and jelly?
Speaker 5: No way?
Speaker 4: No, I want. I want the middle of that thing to be.
Speaker 2: Busting, busting, not busting, but busting. But no, it will taste busting, it will.
Speaker 4: The middle of it needs to be busting.
Speaker 3: It needs to be like it looked like a turtle shell, you know what I mean? I need that what I need when I start buying into it for it to start going out the other side.
Speaker 2: We've been uh, we have been doing quite a bit of hunting.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Team Ellman has killed let me just say, a lot of deer in the past week and a half. We went on quite the run. If you want to hear about some of that, you can go listen to the Element podcast and talk about it. But we have learned a lot about deer hunting this year. It's funny. I feel like I I've been hunting for a long time and I learn a ton every year, and the thing I've learned this year is a lot more about calling, specifically rattling and its effectiveness and win Tyler, we rattling a buck together and you shot him, and he's a giant way to go, You.
Speaker 4: Way to go. Bruh.
Speaker 2: What did you take from that that you think you can apply kind of across all mediums in the hunting world.
Speaker 3: Probably that if I feel good about a place that's over a mile in walking distance, that it's probably a pretty good place to go try to kill a deer.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I saw on that little jount where we killed that deer's when the sign picked up increasingly. That's whenever we started getting into deer like we saw some rubs and scrapes on our walk, bumped a few little does, saw a bed, saw some really you know, nice rubs, and then the next rattling sequence were rattling a buck. So I think that hot sign is the ticket almost any time of the year. You know, hot sign people talk a lot about that for you know, pre rut stuff. But I think that even right now, if you can find stuff that wasn't there a day or two ago and it is right now, I mean, it's pretty much rocking and rolling. In fact, we just hung a camera yesterday on a place that there was a bunch of little whisty trees that didn't have any rubs on them at all two weeks ago, and then we go back over there yesterday and there's fresh shakee shavings on the ground, and sure enough, hang a camera right there and there's a nice three year old buck. He's not quite a shooter yet, but you know, like instantaneous data that you can kind of work off of with that, but you know, it just kind of shows you at that fresh sign and fresh sign is kind of the key this week around the country. We talked to people that are kind of experienced different experiencing different rut situations, because that's kind of what happens around the country.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Everybody thinks about, you know, November first through the tenth being just like hot and heavy, crazy rut, and that's really not the case everywhere. I mean, absolutely those are great dates, but we still have a lot of great days ahead of us, still for almost anywhere in the country. And we're gonna hear from a couple of people that kind of give some antegial evidence for that to be the case, whether that's just later rut dates or just some good confidence in like the second and third go around for Bucks coming off doors and coming back on and Tyler, you're actually a guy who has had a lot of success in the teens of November, right, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I've been kiss the team.
Speaker 2: Do you hear on thee on the tenth, I've killed a.
Speaker 3: Couple on the tenth, I've killed one on the eleventh, and then I've killed a lot of them like post Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so we do have some good dates ahead of us. The encouraging thing to see here.
Speaker 3: Sure, you know you asked me when I shot one eyed Jack. I think it was the second of December. Yeah, and he was following old matriarch Dough, I mean ten yards behind her when he came third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's uh when you were So I know that place you shot that deer, but I don't quite understand what it functions as. Is it like a staging area for food or what is what? Like where did you kill that?
Speaker 3: I'd say that immediate spot, but it's a very small spot that would be considered staging maybe. Yeah, I mean it's and it's not It's not like the deer going to stage there for thirty minutes. I mean they're going to stay there for five minutes before they get out on the edge of the field.
Speaker 4: But you know, the other micro.
Speaker 3: Habitat feature or whatever you want to call it that's there is you know, betting, there's.
Speaker 4: A there's a lot of there's a kind of a.
Speaker 3: I don't know, sub irrigated there, and kind of a lot of like low spots. So there's a lot of little small elevation changes with grass and plums and cedars and a lot of little nooks for them to hide in and can hold a lot of dose. And I call it it's kind of a nursery maybe or something like that. I mean, it's it's just dough betting us as much as anything. Yeah, Tyler who to be on the show today, Well, you mentioned our buddy Anthony Warren.
Speaker 4: He's in Kansas.
Speaker 3: Got some good kind of different a different outlook on Kansas, some really good intricate stuff there.
Speaker 4: He's a really well fought guy.
Speaker 3: Our buddy Ley McNasty McClendon in Louisiana. He's uh, he's a twinkie away from killing a big buck at all times.
Speaker 2: Soon to be of meteor fame. He'll be on the YouTube channel pretty Sion.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: Our buddy Reyes Johnson, who if you follow him on social media, you know he's not just a big buck killer, but he is a big buck fanatic. He finds big deer, takes trail camera pictures of him and finds sheds often. He had some uh you know success there in Kentucky like he normally does. And then finally, you know, one of our media correspondents, Adam Moore, is going to be in the Mississippi is gonna be in Mississippi doing the thing there where it is still very warm and muggy, just like it is in East Texas.
Speaker 2: Casey, well, that sounds good. Let's get him on the phone.
Speaker 3: This is one of my really good friends, Anthony Warren. He is a big buck shooter sometimes a big buck killer, and he has killed one recently in Kansas. Anthony, what's going on, dude?
Speaker 6: Hey, how's it going, guys?
Speaker 7: How are y'all?
Speaker 4: We're good.
Speaker 3: We're you know, traveling around trying to shoot some deer and we don't have the same luxury of you as the punch tag this week, but we're working on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure. Well, sometimes you get lucky, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could say that maybe providential too. But let me say this. You have been all up in the deer in a couple of different states, but we're talking about Kansas right now. And if I recall correctly, you've been calling some deer in right Has that been working for you pretty well?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It has.
Speaker 6: I think it's getting to a point where it's gonna start slowing down. Probably over the last day to two days, I've actually seen.
Speaker 2: A lot more of the deer.
Speaker 6: They seem to be locked down with those, and they've kind of made a transition. We got some good weather and the Tempts kind of cooled off one evening and it just seemed like they were super receptive, and I think that kind.
Speaker 2: Of triggered a lot of the bucks to start.
Speaker 6: Speaking those and then transition now into what I believe is going to be locked down the next few days.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, So what what's the call that you feel like is most advantageous right now?
Speaker 6: You know, I've been kind of throwing a trio out there, and generally it's whenever I see a buck and I kind of start with, you know, real light rattle sequence, especially if they're close. After that, I have been using a grunt to just a little bit, so I might rattle for thirty seconds, do a quick grunt, and then if I don't get anything after that, I may throw out a real light snort wheeze, and that combination is and pretty lethal so far.
Speaker 2: The last five to six days for me. Okay, So, as we're moving into like some lockdown stuff, do you think that you can still hunt pinch points and be effective or are you looking for something different?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I would I would say that there's probably a combination of things. You can definitely hunt pinch points, because I think I think as bucks transition off one dough to the next dough, they're still going to use those pinch points.
Speaker 5: But what I would be more.
Speaker 6: Focused on right now, if I were going to spend a lot of my time out in the woods, would be just thick, nasty betting areas and maybe just slightly downwindo those betting areas as I see a lot of bucks like to kind of sin check those areas, especially if they don't have to go into those thick places to find those. They just want to be really quick smell the down wind side and get onto the next betting area, do you, And so that's what I would focus on.
Speaker 2: Do you glass a lot during kind of lockdown stuff too, and just try to find you and make moves on them?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: If I'm if I'm not feeling very confident, I do.
Speaker 5: A lot of driving and surviving.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, do a lot of driving, a lot of glassing, and just try to pinpoint where I'm seeing a lot of movement and then make a move into that place.
Speaker 2: Got you cool? So as we look here at the next week, do you think that we're going to see another time when the bucks do break off and we have another rut flurry or do you think that it's kind of a downhill from here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm a big fan of this second into third week of November, and I feel like you can really get a big buck that is transitioning off of a off of a dough looking for the next one, and they seem to get kind of frantic because in their mind they know that things are probably gonna start winding down. So you can still catch them doing some real crazy things and being, you know, kind of unpredictable. But if you're in the right spot, it's it's kind of a predict pattern. I like the weather going into the upcoming week. I like the fact that these deer will be transitioning looking for new dos. It's one of my favorite times of the year going into next week.
Speaker 4: Sure thing.
Speaker 3: So on a scale of one to ten, next week, what do you predict the buck movement to be?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 6: I like to say, you know, probably around eight to nine. It's still gonna be really super high.
Speaker 5: The reason I.
Speaker 6: Don't give it a full ten is because there will still be bucks that are going to be locked down with those and so it's just gonna be about putting a lot of hours into the stand, being close to betting areas or tench points between betting areas, and I feel like a guy can have a lot of success doing those things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good call, man. I think that's gonna be the same case for a lot of places in the country. So I appreciate the report, man, and we'll be talking to you again sometime, I'm sure this year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks, guys, I appreciate you on the phone.
Speaker 2: Probably the funniest hunter in the world in Lay McClinton. Also know who's Lay McNasty. He's in Louisiana. What's up?
Speaker 5: Both own?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 5: Drinking? Seltzer's hanging out with my cats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's on brand for you, that's right. You've been hunting all over the country, but you keep tabs and losing in a whole lot because it's home and I know you're fixing to get into the woods quite a bit. What is essentially going on in Louisiana right now with the deer?
Speaker 9: Well, right now, you know me not being holed. I haven't really been getting a whole lot of true right activity, not the big deal. But you know, I've noticed things such as, you know, your bachelor groups breaking up, you know, as the testosterone starts to build and kind of you know, you hear a lot of people saying, oh, I'm not getting any of my buck's on camera anymore, you know, that bold saying. But yeah, I've been getting a lot of separation. But also I've been having friends nearby that i've back actually gotten to kill some of the more target deer I've had. So I think that's definitely a sign of you know, the group's breaking up, more territory expanding and things such as that.
Speaker 5: But on the flip side, you know, I'm still getting.
Speaker 9: A lot of doze with their funds, and but you know that that young buck pressure it is starting to pick up.
Speaker 5: You know, you can tell that.
Speaker 9: These young bucks are starting to get antsy, They're starting to get excited. You know, it's like your little junior high boys trying to flirt with the senior girls.
Speaker 2: You know, but at least they got some confidence, you know, That's right. So, I know the Louisiana's a place that has a lot of different rut dates and different zones. You know, I think maybe I might have seen that there's twenty something different kind of designated rout dates for Louisiana, depending where you're at. I know, so this question is a little bit localized, but in general, where you're at, when do you usually see like that peak rut activity? Are we like still a little ways out on that.
Speaker 9: Well, I think it's coming up now for soon, like within the next week or two. We've always banked on, you know, like that Thanksgiving week, and.
Speaker 5: I feel like a lot of people hear that.
Speaker 9: But I would say also right now, you know, there's been a lot of people catching these daytime slips to where part of me thinks, you know, not right now, it's not a bad time. You'll probably catch more bucks cruising around and you know, just doing that normal nocturnal nonsense they like to do.
Speaker 3: Yeahs, have the have the acorns affected any of the cameras sidings that you have?
Speaker 5: Not? Not really. I'm not saying that it doesn't alter where they might hang out more.
Speaker 9: But I've still thrown out some feed and you know, had plenty.
Speaker 5: Of them come by.
Speaker 9: But with with deer and feed, you also get a you know.
Speaker 5: A great big bucket full of hogs.
Speaker 4: Pour in yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard that you hunt next door to this really famous girl named Sasha and she's been shooting here at your box.
Speaker 9: Hey, yeah, man, Sasha is out there killing on the woods making me sad, and.
Speaker 5: I can't stand that girl. All she can say is okay.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: I hate that for you, man, But sometimes, you know, neighbors mess things up for you.
Speaker 4: Are you seeing you? Are you? Are you seeing?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: Dates?
Speaker 3: Would you say there's like a lock down there in Louisiana?
Speaker 9: Shoot, I would say like that late November in my opinion, because I've gone through many phases.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, you know, everybody hypes the rut up. Everybody's like, man, you gotta be out there.
Speaker 9: Not that they're wrong, but you know, I can't count the years that I've said, man, I hate the rut.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I hate hunting the rut.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Normally that Thanksgiving time, you know, if not to say that you won't catch and run.
Speaker 5: By in the twinkle of an eye.
Speaker 9: But it's also during that time when they locked.
Speaker 4: Down, you got them twinkly eyes.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you that's right, dude. You know he rhymes Jameis Winston. They kind of got that flow, you know, as they say, whatever, that's crazy and it works, like all right, So if we're looking at the next week, since we're a little bit off of you know, the peak Ruk yet and you know it's probably going to be pretty warm there. I know a lot of the country's experience in warmth, and you know you'll want a pretty far south like we are. But the deer kind of used to it. So in general, let's just just go for the number here on a scale of one to ten, What do you think buck movement's going to be like in the next week in Louisiana?
Speaker 5: If I had to be honest, you.
Speaker 9: Know, just this being the way it is, i'd give it like a seven, maybe seven point seven point seven maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's pretty good. You sound like Portnoy on a pizza review. That's cool. So you feel like it's a pretty good time to get in the wood steel.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's your best huh yeah. I mean you'll you'll have a lot of people say, well, the root was late, you know, I don't. I don't think this.
Speaker 9: I don't know if that will be the case, could be. What my thought is, this is normally the time it's it happens, and you can't kill him sitting around on the couch eating Debbie.
Speaker 2: Well, he knows that because he's trying it. It doesn't work. Uh, brother, appreciate the report from Louisiana. And I hope you get to crack one with that boat pretty soon.
Speaker 10: Yeah, i'd like to, would be would be nice.
Speaker 5: H m.
Speaker 9: Hm, h m hm.
Speaker 3: We've got Reys Johnson on the phone right now and he's been out in Kentucky, which is where he's from, and he is just a big buck killer. He's always finding big buck sheds and he's always finding a way to get big bucks on the ground, and he's done that recently in Kentucky. Reese, how's everything going, man, It's been great.
Speaker 8: We just wrapping up opening the weekend deer camp here in Kentucky. Had quite a few guys in and the deer. The deer didn't fare too well. The we had we had, We're pretty we had.
Speaker 5: Pretty good, a pretty good run here this week. They were definitely moving around. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think, of course, it's left an ideal weather conditions. One of the oddest novembers. I can recall as many east winds as I run across it feels like I think I don't think many people, especially in the southern half, have enjoyed our warmer temperatures.
Speaker 2: You know, we've been seeing.
Speaker 8: What sixty five and seventy quite a bit. But but the ret's gonna do what the Rut's gonna do. And you know, they're they're they're moving around, they're doing their thing, still happening. It seems like, you know, that first hour, that last hour of kind of what you'd expect, lots of night time activity, and so that of course makes it a challenge I think for anyone, uh, this time of the year, with this kind of November that we're having. And so but we had, Yeah, we had a pretty good run just sek with uh a lot of the guys seeing seeing just mostly cruising, most cruising.
Speaker 3: Okay, so with that, are you are you guys getting into open areas and glassing some or are you sitting in pinch points?
Speaker 4: You sitting in thick stuff? What's the what's the game plan there?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 8: Most of it was, you know, we've got a few food plots kind of thing. We're set back, uh not put the pressure on, you know, keep trying to keep what we can keep alive where we can hopefully focus on the target deer, uh that you know that we're in thereafter the mature deer hopefully, And so that's really kind of what we're We stayed out. You know, there are a few pinch points where you know, there's a creek bottom. One of the deer that came this week was cruising two thirty nine in the afternoons along the creek bottom. That was one of the one of the five year olds we were looking for, and so we were able to have a little success there. And so yeah, we've not, in my opinion, of course, seen too much of lockdown now they're they're definitely it definitely has happened, But I don't think we're in the.
Speaker 5: Thick of that just quite yet.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people know you as a trail camera guy for good reason. You're in a lot of cameras. Are you getting a lot of this data from cameras, like as far as ninetime movement and stuff? And then like how does that strategy play into like the heat of the rut.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so so right now with all the cameras, I mean, they're they're lacking on intel because the deer aren't doing what they normally do.
Speaker 2: You know, because the rut is so chaotic.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it seems they're just you know, so it's very difficult to take pertinent information from those cameras this time and.
Speaker 5: Put it to use.
Speaker 8: Uh, just being discommunicating with folks that are hunting, friends are here in camp and that sort of thing, getting getting to talk to people friends, you know, wherever they're at locally, or what they're seeing, you know, right now, I would put more stock in that than I would, you know, what the cameras are saying, just because you know, most of your cameras probably most everyone's got them on scrapes.
Speaker 4: You might have them on an edge, you might have them on a pinch.
Speaker 8: Those deer they're doing things that there was a buck And I live in a somewhat suburban setting, somewhat rural, but there was a buck locked down here in the yard right in my driveway, you know. So I mean they're doing they're doing things they would never normally do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and so it's really hard to take that.
Speaker 8: It's really hard to take that trail camera information and apply it to what's physically happening out there, because they don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 5: Yes, sure, shield they're running hard.
Speaker 2: So what if what if a hunter doesn't know what he's doing because he has no data to go off of. What's what's the move this week to Like, if you know, if you're just kind of blind and you're just like, I need to go just figure something out, what do you do?
Speaker 8: So nothing obviously beats up time in the woods just being out there. You know, I'm anticipating that this week is when lockdown is really gonna you know, if we haven't entered.
Speaker 5: It already, he's going to really come in to play.
Speaker 8: So it's where's that big buck going to take that dough and try to get.
Speaker 5: Her away from other bucks as possible.
Speaker 8: So my anticipation would be something some betting, something thick, something off the wall that you can potentially not pressure if that's the way you want.
Speaker 7: To play it, or maybe this is the day that you want.
Speaker 8: To go make that aggressive move, get in there and hope that it pays off.
Speaker 10: M m hm.
Speaker 4: That's good thoughts man.
Speaker 3: So you know, with the warm temps, I know you guys have still had success because of the rut. How does it compare to this this coming week? I mean what do you think on a scale of one to ten, the Buck movement is going to be like then this next week.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna give it a seven.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 8: You know it's not it's not everything we can we could, you know, hope for otherwise condition wise, but it is still November, the week, the week of November that we we all wait for. Looking at the ten day nothing is impressive, very bland weather.
Speaker 5: You know, we're not seeing anything.
Speaker 4: We're not seeing anything.
Speaker 8: Old have been fifty five for the next ten days, so you know, so that makes it really difficult.
Speaker 5: So you're looking at hours.
Speaker 8: In the tree and you know, really uh, I think the first the first hour in the last hour will.
Speaker 7: Be the most productive.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, that sounds great. Man.
Speaker 3: So a seven man just slightly above the Midwest six.
Speaker 4: I like it a lot.
Speaker 3: I think it's a good time to be out. And I appreciate the report from Kentucky Reese.
Speaker 4: Well, best luck there.
Speaker 8: Everyone, and and just it's that it's that best time of year Sember that's out there.
Speaker 4: That's it, man, Thank you.
Speaker 2: On the phone, I've got Adam Moore. He is the gear editor for me Eater and he's been doing some hunting Mississippi. Adam, what's happening, bro?
Speaker 5: Hey, KC.
Speaker 7: How's it going?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's going good. I'm just looking at the planes and how windy and kind of warm it he is. How's it Mississippi right now?
Speaker 7: Uh, it's it's pretty warm. Actually, it's been muggy the past few weeks here, so no ideal hunting weather. But but yeah, it could be It's a.
Speaker 2: It could be worse, Yeah, for sure. I mean at least it's hunting season, right. So in your area, what are typical rut dates? And then what are the deer doing right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So you know, in Mississippi we've got the weird rut compared to the rest of the country, so you'll see a lot of varied dates by regions of the state. So up in the Delta, right, which is kind of the big buck hub of the state, that could be early December or even the week of Thanksgiving, a lot of hunting where I do. In the central part of the state, it's typically the week after Christmas, first week of January, that's New Year's Day is always the time I want to be in the woods. And then actually in the southern part of the state where I live, rutting actions usually going on early February.
Speaker 4: Gotcha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cool, And so right now you're in full fledged pre rut I guess when you're out there.
Speaker 7: Huh, Well, it's a lot like mid October. So we have this weird period from the beginning of October to really now when it's probably you know, the best way I can put it is like October for the rest of you know, the deer country. So deer still hitting acorns, they're really just now hitting scrapes, opening those back up. You're starting to see a lot more rubs. Found a lot of fresh scrapes this weekend. So that's kind of where we're at. Not not to the pre right yet, just still in that you know, that early October feeding pattern.
Speaker 3: So so bed to feed. So I mean, what is what is the daylight movement looking like? Is it's still pretty much right at the end of shooting light every day?
Speaker 7: Yeah, pretty much, especially with the warmer tempered temperatures and stuff. You know, they don't have to move a ton down here to find water, even though it's just sort of everywhere, so water is not really a it's kind of a non factor because it's really everywhere, but they're hitting a lot of white oats. We've actually had a really good acre and crop this year, so white oaks, swamp chest nuts, red oats really won't be in the play until December. But yeah, they're kind of on that bed to feed. But it's been pretty consistent from what I've seen in my short time in the field this year and from a few cameras.
Speaker 3: So, so, would you prefer to be close to betting or would you prefer to be near a scrape?
Speaker 7: I'd probably say close to bedding, just because you know, a lot of betting down here is going to look like young time tickets, and so the deer are going to be in there really until about that last thirty minutes of shooting light scrapes, they're, like I said, they're just starting to hit those. But still I think a lot of that's at night time anyway.
Speaker 2: So you know, we kind of live in a golf state as well, in uh, lots of weather systems, lots of kind of strange things that go on this time of year, between tropical depressions and hurricanes and all this and that and the other. Right, and you know, I know that there's some stuff going on out of the golf and stuff that's moved in. How do you hunt kind of around weather like that? You know, like, are you gonna hunt in the rain, You're gonna hunt it after the rain or does that affect the deer?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I love to hunt right after rain. I haven't. I've never had much luck you know, during during rain storms or anything like that. But I love I do a lot of still hunting. So we have a long gun season down here too, so I do do a lot of still hunting, and that's just perfect for after a after a rain comes through, so it will keep a lot of people out of the woods, even you know, this time of year and we have you know, warmer attempts and stuff like that. So uh still love to go, you know, regardless of what the weather is. But if I had to pick it, would it would certainly be like that right after the rain breaks or you know, the day after.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure. Okay, So as we look forward to the next week, you know, it's not quite the rut and those scrapes are opening up.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 2: If you had to rank buck movement on a scale of one to ten during the daylight, what are you going to rank it for Mississippi.
Speaker 7: Oh it's gonna be I'll say it three, and that's like optimistic.
Speaker 2: I like it, dude, Thank you for a realistic number. I mean, that's what we need, right, People need to know what's actually going on in the woods. And that's a pretty good represent representation of it. So thank you, Adam. Really appreciate the information.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would say, you know, it's you know, if the folks down south like hold on to those vacation days, better days, You're coming.
Speaker 2: Sounds good, brother.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 2: You know, the hype is still riding high, man. It is like absolutely still a rut. There's a lot of deer going down around the country, and I think I mean, we heard from a couple killers today. I think that people really undervalue the second half of the month. And I can tell you that I've had some success in the second half the month. Well you brought it up all ago off here on the twenty third of November. You can go watch this video that will link below. I kill one of my biggest public plan bucks ever with some pretty aggressive calling strategies, and it's something that I think that you can really use to your advantage, especially kind of like when Anthony referenced those books are scrambling at that time of year, trying to make sure they can still find a few dos. So that's a pretty good thing to check out if you want a little inspiration to see, you know something that worked for me.
Speaker 3: You may not remember, but on that same night I had like a forty five yard encounter with the ranch buck.
Speaker 2: Pretty good, pretty good day. So yeah, that's actually a really cool story too. We'll link to that one as well. Just a couple good RUT videos for you to watch. Also, if you are more of the reading type, if you can read, it would be good to go over to Wired to Hunt.
Speaker 4: I don't know if these Wired to Hunt listeners can read.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet you they can read this read they're fairly they're fairly small words. Dylan Tramp actually has a pretty intriguing article that I think is a pretty good thing this time of year. You know, the RUT is like the super Bowl for all of us, right. I think I've heard Mark even use that that allergy and so they're all looking forward to it. Uh, and we can get really complicated and try to, like I don't know, bend our brains really hard to figure out how to kill a deer and his article is actually five tips to simplify the rut and I think it's it's it's pretty good idea, man Like, it doesn't have to be over complicated. You can hunt, have fun, make some good choices, and kill a big buck. And uh, I think I'm gonna link to that in the show notes as well. Uh, there's some good tips there for just some things to maybe help you out and maybe things you haven't considered and help you maybe, uh, kind of take all that crazy amount of data that you're taking in when you're scouting and looking at cameras and simplify it. So very cool there, Tyler, Yes, sir, I want you to make a Bowl prediction.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, super Bowl prediction?
Speaker 2: Super Bowl. I have a clue on that. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Chiefs for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean that's that's what has been chiefs and written into the script, hasn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mate, Hey, you know I do know this. Whired its own Mark Kenyon and a lot of the Wired to Hunt listenership is from Michigan. The Detroit lines might make a run. You think Dan Campbell he's the man, dude, damble. Yeah, he's he's pretty good. But guys, we have some busy times come up with family when Thanksgiving and all, make sure that you take your time to love your family, hang out with them, give thanks to God for all the stuff he blesses us for, and uh you know, get out there and enjoy the woods. November's a beautiful time to be out there. Days are crisp and skies are blue. Right now, what do you want me to predict? I want you to predict. Well, I thought you predicted. You took it somewhere, okay. I thought that you wanted to predict the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: I thought you said super Bowl prediction.
Speaker 2: What how many deer are you going to kill before the.
Speaker 4: End of November? Uh more? Dear zero?
Speaker 2: No more? Dear before the Well that's not good, Tyler. I think you're gonna kill two? Yep, where am I going to do that? I can't tell everyone. Well, you all just have to keep on listening. They will let you know this has been rough. Fresh keep it fresh, m m m