Speaker 1: I'm ain't trying to be donkey today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days.
Speaker 2: Called donkey of the day, and it really caught me off guard. Damn Charlamagne, who got the donkey out of day today?
Speaker 1: Yes, Donkey today for Thursday, December nineteenth goes to a man named Justin Ray Donaldson of Anderson County, South Carolina. Slew to everyone from my home state of South Carolina, drop on a clues box for South Carolina. I'll be down there to borrow for the grand opening of a Crystalline Orangeburg. Ribbon cutting is at ten forty five am. All the festivities will be from ten am to two pm. My God, DJ Frost, you will be providing the soundtrack, So I'll see you all tomorrow at Crystalline Orangeburg, fourteen eighty six Chestnut Street. But right now we're talking about Anderson County, and there's some nefarious things that play in Anderson County simply because scams coming all shaped, sizes and forms. Okay, Scamming has no color, Scamming has no sexuality. Scamming it has no religion. A wham Bam. Think you scam can happen at any moment, and that's why you always got to have your guards up because folks is always trying to get over. And that's exactly what happened with Justin Ray Donaldson. See he is now in jail with scam and senior citizens. The man befriended a seventy three year old woman diabolical. This woman probably wanted the friends so bad because all her other friends probably dead, so he established a relationship. Nothing in freaky, Okay. He wasn't into you know, ja rentifolio. I think that's what they call it, ja rentifolio. That's an attraction to elderly ass Okay, he wasn't into that. His role was similar to that of a grandson. And this woman's husband died, so he was in a she was in a very vulnerable state, and Justin saw the opening and slit in for this camp. Let's go to NBC News for the report.
Speaker 3: Police and Anderson County man is under arrest after your deputy said he was. He scammed a recent widow into believing she had dementia. Deputy say, thirty five year old Justin Donaldson established a grandson like relationship with a seventy three year old woman at a senior living facility. According to deputies, after the woman's husband died, Donaldson convinced her to make him her power of attorney. Official say, the woman reported fraud this month. Donaldson is char Chards with breach of trust.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not sure how dementia works. Okay, I'm not sure how dementia works in any way, shape or form. I have no idea of people with dementia, even though they got dementia. So I don't even know how you can be convinced that you have dementia. Now, what I don't understand is this woman has daughters. According to the news report, Okay, who are her power of attorneys? If this elderly woman went and told people, hey, I want to remove my daughter's power of attorney over her affairs, wouldn't somebody call the daughters. Then the daughters can intervene and say, who the hell is justin Ray Donaldson? They just going to allow this man to come in have her remove her daughter's's power of attorney, and he's just easily able to secure the woman's trust and access to her bank accounts. I don't get it. He instructed her to take out a home equity loan for home repairs, but instead went out and bought a twenty fifteen Chevy tie hole for himself. Now, I know dementia causes a decline in someone's mental abilities, but this woman was able to understand everything Justin rad Donisan was telling her to do. She had enough cognitive abilities to know to take her daughters off the power of attorney. She had enough cognitive abilities to put everything in this man's name, but she didn't understand that she was getting scammed. Once again, I don't know anything about dementia. Of course I have had people in my family who have had it, but hey, do they know they got it? And can somebody just diagnose and convince you that you have it? Because that's what happened in this case. I guess now that I think about it. If someone is telling me I got dementia and I can't remember ever having dementia, and maybe I did forget that I got dementia, I don't know. I just know it's a special place reserved in hell for someone like Justin Ray Donaldson. I don't know why we take advantage of elderly people. That's like taking advantage of kids. Okay, we act like we don't have grandparents, Okay, great grandparents old to parents. Hell, we act like we not gonna be old one day. Respect your eldest. Okay, learn from the people who walk the path before you respect them, because someday, sooner than you could ever imagine, you're going to be an elder. Two, if you're blessed, please let me memind give Justin Ray Donaldson big as se hall.
Speaker 2: He haw he ha. You stupid mother?
Speaker 1: Are you dumb? How do you convince somebody they got dementia? That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: My grandmother be trying to convince us she ain't got it, you know.
Speaker 1: So she's aware she has it.
Speaker 3: She has to mention some people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, people definitely know what they got. What you mean, I don't know about the all timers people, but yeah, my grandmother know she got dementia because giz mother didn't had times that she got it, but she definitely got it.
Speaker 1: His mother didn't. She didn't know. She had no clue.
Speaker 2: Like she was, everything was regular, So if there was a story, she'd tell a.
Speaker 1: Story over and over and over again, and she thought she was telling it for the first time. She had no clue. Yeah, that's how it goes.
Speaker 2: But like, did y'all ever tell did she tell her mother that she has it because.
Speaker 3: She didn't remember she got it.
Speaker 2: She didn't remember, Well, my grandmother is going to get to that point. But it's still kind of like early for like she knows, she know she got it.
Speaker 1: If your grandmother did anything like you, she probably playing yes, yeah, yeah. Whenever you don't want to do something, all of a sudden you don't remember, let me alone, all right, Well, thank you for that. Donkey Today. Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull, Lamb and Soft. Don't be a donkey. When you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.
Speaker 3: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club