Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of The Weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Uh yeah, So, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Please welcome comedians, hosts, and wonderful natives of Chicago. Jordan Holmes and Deffrison.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hello, Hello, I have no I have no rhymes nor nor nicknames.
Speaker 4: Really, I'm just I'm just Jordan now.
Speaker 5: But and I feel terrible because I bought you a bottle of sam Buca. I didn't know you are so averse to Anie.
Speaker 4: Doesn't my my welcome gift is.
Speaker 6: Like a niece. It sounds like your ex rather than like Annis.
Speaker 2: And I think I don't know I both ways. I feel like whenever you're watching like chef shows, there's like a person who went to like Europe once and they say it one thing.
Speaker 7: Oh so it's in Europe, it's uranis Yeah exactly, it's an ass. But yeah, it's a host of knowledge. All right, Okay, Sorry, I was doing my best, kindler. I was giving it a shot. I was giving it a shot.
Speaker 2: How you guys doing what's going on. What's the how Chicago, how's the weather? What's going on over there? Oh it's a dream, it's I don't know. Yeah, we have wet bold territory over there.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing you're talking to the two of us. I can't remember the last time I did small talk about the well. I haven't spoken to a human being that's not Dan or my wife probably in three years.
Speaker 8: I mean that very genuinely.
Speaker 6: And you're hundreds of thousands of listeners, very normal, very normal podcast guy energy.
Speaker 2: I love it. Yeah, I have to do small talk because in the same way I only talk to my wife, my baby, and the random neighbor, and I always fail at small talk like how you been, I'm like, tell me about your random neighbor. I'm sweating what's going on with them? Just good, you know, just asking questions that I don't like answering small talk all the time because I'm always in a light form of panic. But yeah, guys, Knowledge Fight it's a fantastic show. I love when comedians helped me understand things because I typically learn through the language of laughter or absurdity or irony, and the way y'all do that is absolutely fantastic. It's top draw and there's so much happening with Alex Jones all the time that I'm always like interacting through like maybe viral clips or the headlines that there's so much, you know, you forget that this guy's talking all the time and there's so much to parse through. And half the time, even with the news articles I read, they're not really giving the full picture because he says so much and so much is going on. So I'm really glad that you're on because I have a lot of questions wow, and like mainly like how do you guys? The show started at the beginning of twenty seventeen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think early January twenty seventeen. Yeah, it was pretty pretty close after the twenty sixteen election. It's just that was where the curiosity really became too much, right to ignore? Yeah, almost eight years then, that's yeah, mass I.
Speaker 2: Mean, like, you know, Francesca and I we talk about the news enough, and that's already just life changing and debilitating in its own way. I can't imagine doing Alex Jones. Are you able to find it?
Speaker 6: And they're still living in this country.
Speaker 9: I mean, Miles sort of joked about like you know, leaving. But whenever I sort of am up against the crazy of the craze. I'm a little there's always a part of me, maybe it's the majority of me that's like you can have it, just have it, you know. Like if I do interviews and I get a MAGA person who's like, yep, the is IS try to recruit me.
Speaker 6: They call me every single day, I'm.
Speaker 9: Like, isn't that just a phone company trying to get you to switch plans? Like like nope, it's ISIS. And I'm like, you know what, lady, Yeah, just goodbye? Like but yeah, the fact that you said my question is first, if Info Wars goes under, do you stop knowledge?
Speaker 2: I didn't want to go there quite yet, but.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, how about we do it this way. I will cut the both of you off, and I'm gonna ask Dan a question. All right, how do you do it? It's been eight years you listen to Alex Jones?
Speaker 8: How do you not lose your mind?
Speaker 5: I guess I was crazy to begin with. There's one but no too, the just like it's not really Alex Jones, you know, like I think that I think that we were listening to him for him and like and then at the beginning, but there's so many like offshoot things that you can pay attention to that you get away in from him, right, and so as well, it's it can be a real bummer to recognize the real world piece of the like politics is real and it does affect people, and and that that is that is terrible what Alex represents. But you can you could find some you know what baddy stuff too, and that that helps you keep your sanity. You find the crazy stuff, and then you know, it is kind.
Speaker 3: Of interesting to take like a like the debate or whatever in context for us, because a lot of people are panicking. They're like, ah, Joe Biden, he looks terrible and and my instant reaction through our lens is kind of like, oh, well, he should have been plumping. What he needed to do was inject himself with bags of blood in order to gain strength.
Speaker 8: For the debate.
Speaker 3: See in our world, that's what Alex would claim he was doing if he was doing.
Speaker 2: Well, So because he's well, he must not be plumping.
Speaker 6: The right was setting it up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they didn't buy enough whatever still pills whatever, the.
Speaker 2: Ship colloidal silver. Okay, it's a silver boy, all right, you know your stuff? Oh yeah, look man, I'm being in nutraceuticals. Man. It's how I tell I'm growing my hair back. It's thanks man, I'm twenty two. We're gonna get to know you guys a little bit more. But again, like we said, we're gonna be talking all things Alex Jones with our wonderful guests, but first we'd like to get to know our guests a little bit better. So, Dan Jordan, what's something from your search history recently that's revealing about who you guys are, what you're into right now?
Speaker 5: I just think my search hitsory would be like indistinguishable from a curious bigot, you know, Like, so I just I can't even imagine.
Speaker 2: Technology right or wrong? Yeah, exactly, got to know more right right, right, right right? How to apply for black jobs? Are those exactly? Yeah? What about you, Jordan?
Speaker 8: For a well, my search history is just me and my wife occasionally joking around with My last search I believe was is Pepper a rock?
Speaker 3: Because we were we were grinding it through the thing, you know, the pepper grinder, And I jokingly told her because she was also grinding salt.
Speaker 8: You also grind salt, which is a rock a rock?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So I was like, oh, you know, pepper was a rock too, and then she forced me to google it. But whenever you're forced to google something that you are one hundred percent certain was a joke, you suddenly said question yourself and like, wait, is there a form of pepper that is a rock?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna find you know, google search history it probably would tell you rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a corn. It's like a peppercorn, doesn't it. It comes off free, don't it.
Speaker 4: It's just it's a it's a seed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a peppercorn. It's corn from the stock of the.
Speaker 6: Big, big black corn. I don't know why is it the salt?
Speaker 8: Why?
Speaker 6: That's what I want to Why.
Speaker 8: Is that is that the type of pepper you like? The BBC pepper?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Corn?
Speaker 4: During I have a history of thinking things are rocks that aren't.
Speaker 5: Generally Yes, you also believe that that was a rock because of Skyrim.
Speaker 3: Skyrim made me think if you can make armor out of it, that it's probably a rock.
Speaker 8: I don't get why this doesn't make perfect sense to everybody.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, yeah, I mean I get that where like, yeah, the reality of a video game kind of begins to blend in with your lived life. I'm like, I don't know, I don't know if the developers would really make me look that stupid about this, it would No, I had wooden armor this whole time. All right, Gary, what's something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: Five Guys?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like I think I think.
Speaker 11: Five Guys is the the best fast food out there. It's not up there, nobody considered that. They'll say shake shack or your in and out or you know.
Speaker 4: You'll go like five guys. But I think so CALIFORNI.
Speaker 11: Okay, cool, So I would say I would say that it doesn't get as enough notoriety as as it should. And I but I think it could be on the rise or to order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boardwalk fries, Like I said, I don't know, I didn't grow up near a boardwalk, but everyone that's what they call them.
Speaker 10: Wait, what are they? What are boardwalk fries distinguished with?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just know that I was going along with it.
Speaker 11: You had me, but I think like they're like hand cut fries, fresh potatoes.
Speaker 4: It's good and uh, I don't know, have you had five Guys.
Speaker 10: I'm now vegan, but when I was vegetarian, I would I tried the grilled cheese from five Guys and the one from In and Out, and I think the five Guys one was better.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, will take it. Now I'm not gonna and now I will. I'll go along with that. But I mean, they are a burger place, but you don't eat me, so that's fine, but it's still it's.
Speaker 4: Still a valid review for vegans and vegetarians.
Speaker 10: Twice, I will say my favorite fast food is Taco Bell because that is technically Indian food, Like that very important. It is so important Indian culture. When they got rid of the Mexican pizza, that was a hate crime against Indian people. I have been to movie premieres in La where the bar after had had Taco Bell, like catered to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Indian people love Taco Bell.
Speaker 10: We love it, man, we love My.
Speaker 11: Sister not Indian, but like is obsessed with Taco Bell. Is her number one.
Speaker 2: It's wild too because like people haven't had with Taco Bell. Like when you find out, it's almost like you're like, oh, your parents are we emigrated from the same country, Like a person who's like mentally ill with Taco bell obsession.
Speaker 11: Yes, but it's like you know when you get your when you start, when you start driving, the first thing you do is, oh, now I could get things that I want.
Speaker 4: And so I'm like, oh, I'm gonna get fast food. So you go. I go through the different phases.
Speaker 11: So I had a Taco Bell phase for sure, and you when you have Tago Bell and I haven't had a while, but you just as soon as you have it once you start craving it.
Speaker 4: I did that with White Castle, you know, Taco Bell, and then.
Speaker 2: Crave case with yeah, oh yes yourself exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 11: So it was all that, but five guys would be my my underrated all right, all right, get pick and that's.
Speaker 10: Yeah your problematic save yeah problem yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah guys Obama's favorite burger.
Speaker 12: But what some think is overrated, overrated drinking on an airplane where I've been doing this show for so long that this was an underrated for me, I think a few years ago, and now that I've aged into my mid thirties, I'm renegging on that because I used to be, oh, it's like time travel, it's great, but now it is you.
Speaker 2: Get more to hydrated. It's like time travel.
Speaker 12: It's like, oh, you're blacking out, and they've gotten the hollering that they'll do now. But no, it's it really is. First of all, you get to hydrated more. Also you do have to like it just messes up the following day. And also I like to drink on a cadence, you know where it's like, oh, I want to retain whatever level of buzz that I have, not drunk, maintaining your bus, yes, yes, but not dipping into tiredville. And you know, these, as Francesca referred to them, do coke.
Speaker 6: I mean once, once you get older, it's you basically just swam.
Speaker 2: People just do cocaine. People do cocaine so they can drink at us after a certain age, I noticed, or they're like, dude, I have like three drinks. Dude, I think I'll go to bed, like just do a button, man, and just fucking come right.
Speaker 6: But all right, all right man, yeah, I mean how much.
Speaker 2: My weekend with my kids tomorrow? Fuck? Actually, And you're like, dude, this is way too much.
Speaker 12: But the way my underrated was actually doing cocaine on planes. I think that that's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm just talking about Yeah, just in your seat, your mind in the middle, man in the middle. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you're in the middle, you get to.
Speaker 2: Do a bump.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And hey man, you guys, you got some keys on you, dude, like said keys or like a parliament.
Speaker 12: I left my security but no, yeah, I actually speaking of drinking on planes. I had a friend once drink on a plane for like on his way home. Forgot that he drove to the airport for to keep costs down, so then had to uber back to his home and then uber back to the airport the next day to get his car because a moron, but not irresponsible exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Who don't drink drive even if they make their lives infinitely more complicated. Thank you out there drinking and driving. It's bad according to law enforcement. Okay, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about Joe Biden. And we're back and again. Aside from the Supreme Court doing this nation to an eventual dictatorship, the story that's consumed, like a lot of the news cycle, is Biden's future. That debate was difficult to watch for those that had not quite let their brain accept the reality that was visible to most people that Biden is in fact old. Just shock and horror from people like I didn't know it was going to be like that. It's like, well, I get it, Like the first time you see like your grandpa's rinkle ass for the first time, you're kind of like, oh damn, Like that's a that's a dark place we go. But what did you think was going to happen? Where did you think this road ended? And the DNC just couldn't keep up the gas lighting, and it became obvious in a serious way that you know, like Biden continues to age or continues to decline as the ages, just like any human being. But the debate was a turning point for many, including a lot of establishment Democrats who are now calling for him to bow out of the race. But the Bidens and the administration have a plan to turn this thing around, and sadly, none of it involves a fucking time machine or showing up with compound V from the boys, because I feel like that those might be the only ways that you could maybe do something here. I know earlier we were kind of contemplating what other mythical substances maybe Joe Biden could ingust they gave she Hulk. Oh shit, yeah, like some gamma rays or some shit or whatever. Is that how she Hulk happened?
Speaker 8: Right the whole I'm not a scientist.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The thing with Biden, it's like it wasn't like he went into this where they thought he was gonna just improve like all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just it.
Speaker 4: Time is his worst anime, but like.
Speaker 10: On a daily basis, because he's sundowning like they have, they've commented about him sundowning.
Speaker 4: It's that it's bad.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's again and it's sad, it's bad, and it's yeah, nobody should watch this.
Speaker 2: And it's not like the Democrats would allow someone to stay in office longer than they need to because they're so caught up in there.
Speaker 10: Oh Dudeen has something to say about that entered the chat.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know it's like Trump is old too, He's I mean, yeah, he's but you can't even see him declining slightly.
Speaker 4: He's even like yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Trump's like neurosyphilis has been with him from his twenties or you know what I mean, Like he is we're used to that. Biden, like his team was the one who suggested this debate. They they were like, everything around him is enabling. Yeah, they should have done it like earlier in the day, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he wakes up.
Speaker 11: Yeah, maybe they're trying to you know, sabotage and in a way. I mean, I mean, if you're on his team, wouldn't you say the best thing to do would be to not put him in front of the camera. Yeah, how do you How could you avoid that as much as possible? But I mean, at the same time, he's, you know, right now, he's I mean, he's he's gonna lose.
Speaker 2: It's like kind of what sports coaches do, like, oh, you think you should be a starter, Okay, you're starting. Then when they lose the game, Like, so what do you think now? Yeah, that's what I thought. I don't know if hopefully, as they say, this is the most important election of our time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, maybe have them step Maybe that's it to force his hand to you know, I don't think.
Speaker 10: That's the case, because like, like he just came back from that camp David meeting with the rest of his family and they were like, we're going to keep doing We're doing it. I don't think it's the case. I think what it is is arrogance. I think the party is like, you're gonna vote blue no matter who. We don't give a shit about you, and like we just care about our own pockets. So they don't give a They don't get it.
Speaker 2: They really underestimate how stubborn American people can be too, or like, don't just make me do this? What the are you trying to do? But anyway, so they have a plan and it's eight steps, okay.
Speaker 10: To somehow you can't even take eight steps, be.
Speaker 8: Fair, be fair?
Speaker 4: He could take the steps with help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the direction with Jill easily eight steps now staring step one quote dismiss the bed wedding. It's their first step. The official White this is from Axios, who is speaking to people in the administration.
Speaker 4: Quote.
Speaker 2: The official White House and campaign line is that this is as much ado about it's just much ado about nothing. Biden allies are cranking out data and pushing out surrogates to insist he had one bad night mostly because of a scratchy voice and over preparation and gray matter to tear grading.
Speaker 10: When someone is being accused of being old, don't use the term bed wedding in a plan because now I'm just being about Biden. That is immediately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not the best. Not the best rhetoric here for this one. The second one, Uh, get get some good polls out. Biden allies are circulating polls and focus group results showing the debate did little to change the dynamics of their race. They're basically saying that, like, if you believe the polls, voters thought Biden lost the debate and seemed too old. But again, there's little evidence there moving like fast to Trump either. I think that's true, Like nobody watched that and was like, oh, Biden, Trump just got all of Biden's support. The thing that people came away with, at least, I think what we saw was Biden's decline is becoming more and more apparent and in a way that's uncomfortable. And Trump continues to lie in these actually absurd ways, which a lot of the emphasis isn't really on that again because we've become so used to the mind that now it's just mostly about being like, but what about Joe Biden. Obviously Trump still fucking inco adherent and not making sense.
Speaker 10: But that's the problem is that people didn't. People weren't moved because the whole reason that Biden's team suggested it was to show off that he is still great at these debates, and he didn't move the needle on that because he was so incoherent.
Speaker 8: No, no, like that is.
Speaker 10: The problem is that they didn't move.
Speaker 11: I think he needs like a go to when he forgets what he's talking about, just to just throw in even if you know he's talking about medicare you know he forgets and then then he could go off and just start talking about something that that might not have to do with Medicaid. Just a go to just like he rambles off and he just you know, when he just trails off and you got to worry about.
Speaker 2: How you pay for it taxes man, and then yes, you know what, taxes just worked.
Speaker 4: He worked.
Speaker 2: My dad and I used to sneak into Madison Square Guard.
Speaker 4: You would say he was a long every One Dad podcast.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was a reporter for Sports.
Speaker 2: Illustrated for kids, and I used to meet and then it was like all right, Joe, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: Everybody's impression of Joe Biden now is like Rick from Rick and Morning, because it's like a corn bob Jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just stream of consciousness.
Speaker 11: Uh, you know, and Trump is a professional at the I mean, you can't be better than Trump at debates. It's as good as you could be.
Speaker 2: It's it's like a ship talker. Yeah, it's a roast master.
Speaker 11: You know. He could go on you know whatever in the Netflix roast and do it and he could compete with everybody because you put people.
Speaker 4: It's sad.
Speaker 10: I was gonna say, like, my my idea for this ape part thrown out bringing Hunter.
Speaker 2: I'm only a two.
Speaker 10: Everybody is gonna vote for that guy. He's the He's like, he loves guns. He'll bring over the Republicans, you know what I mean? Yeah, come on, obs evasion.
Speaker 2: Second Amendment rights? What happened to us?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Gun? Because you got a couple of drug anyway.
Speaker 10: That's the ladies anyways.
Speaker 2: Well, pobaby, let allow me to even finish. You're only a quarter of the way through this masterful plant number three and they'd love this one. Worn of chaos as it relates to the convention Byen allies are making plain in private conversations the perils of an open convention and the risk of picking a Democrat even more unpopular than Biden, namely Vice President Kamala Harris.
Speaker 10: That is fucked up.
Speaker 2: It is it's like, why did you pick her? I mean it makes it like it looks like it makes the VP pick, that specific VP pick look even more cynical when he's like, well, I did it to just sort of be able to get as many people of color to vote for me. That's sort of why.
Speaker 13: I did it because of woke yeah right, but not even that of just like the pure like mathematics vote counting, of being like, well, if I have a woman of color running as my VP pick that the logic would say that, then maybe that will get me some more votes.
Speaker 2: Now, do I think she's qualified outside of physically being a woman of color that is present, I don't know, based.
Speaker 10: On it's not even really present. They've hidden her.
Speaker 2: Unless yeah, like, well, she's getting out there a lot more now because someone has to get out there. Number four limit dissent. So this is more just getting orchestrating supportive tweets by former presidents like Clinton and Obama. Sure, I don't know that helps, Like no one's being like huh, yeah, what.
Speaker 10: Did you see Obama's tweet about it? His tweets night or something he had it started listen, we've all had bad and Nancy Pelosi when she was being interviewed, had the same thing. It was a bad night. And then she went on to try to defend him, but she was incoherent to like it is so bad when like it's like doing stand up and people are being like the crowd was rough. You know, when you get off stage, you're just.
Speaker 2: Like, fuck was badly. You think from what it sounds like he's been coddled for the entire administration, with people not really letting a lot of bad news penetrate like that. Yes, so some people also talk blame his advisors for also being like such in their own echo chamber that they don't have a sec. I mean, I look at what's I'm just in general, when you see what the administration has done, you're like, oh, these people don't talk to anyone outside of like the five people they talk to every day. And I think that's where America is.
Speaker 10: It's not even talking to people. Those advisors want to be in power. That's it. Like it's the same thing with like Diane Feinstein, her like entire staff wanted to be in like have jobs, you know what I mean. That's why, like none of them were like step the fuck down, or we're covering Mitch McConnell even like they're all like taking care of these old people who need to retire, Yeah, and like put in a home at worst.
Speaker 2: It's like if they don't, if they go down, I'll have to do something else rather than coasting on the you know, coattails of power of one of the most powerful people on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Number five, I'm gonna say how many eighty three year olds are I mean, you brought up a point ball, like how many eighty three year olds are working right now in America?
Speaker 2: I just watched that documentary Ren Fair. Oh and the technic owner of the Texas Room the Suns Fair is eighty five. But also if you saw him, you're like, dude, this guy shouldn't even be at an olive garden, let alone running like an entire business.
Speaker 10: When you're here, you're not family.
Speaker 2: He likes to Hey, what happened to Hospitalitiano? Huh, whatever happened to it? What happened to us? Number five? Keep elected leaders close? So this is now, this is the White House talking about how they want like Chuck Schumer and Jakim Jeffries to basically be like, look, I know you guys are worried that Biden being so unpopular affects down ballot things like Senate races and house races, which are also equally as important. But apparently they're really just trying to say, like, look, man, it's going to be all good. It's going to be all good. Which again, that's not a this isn't a strategy at all. Number six, get a donor class to chill quote, Jeffrey Katzenberg and other top Biden backers are working the phones to reassure the deep pockets while the campaign and DNC are keeping keep turning out fundraising appeals and highlighting successes. But it sounds like a lot of donors are also, like Jesus Christ.
Speaker 10: I think that's the main thing. The public doesn't matter. It's the donors that matter to the Democratic Party to a.
Speaker 2: Certain extent, Yeah, to a certain extent for sure, because you need, like you're gonna have to just completely carpet bomb like the airwaves to get as much you know, messaging out there as possible to make up for maybe the lack of in person things or whatever number seven prove vitality. Words can't capture how elated top officials were that Biden was as vigorous as he was at a rally in North Carolina the day after the debate. They're looking for as many opportunities as possible to show that he's still on his game. Cut to him probably in public.
Speaker 10: Or President Biden to take the Presidential Fitness Test, Like I to, okay, if you can run a mile in twelve minutes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you could walk? Ah, that was my.
Speaker 2: I would protest.
Speaker 10: I was like fifteen minutes. I was like doing I was trying to do makeup on the running.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, though I was sucking up the shuttle run.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what was the shuttle run again?
Speaker 2: That was like where you're moving the bean bags, like back and forth one side to another.
Speaker 4: That was it was a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, physical fitness test, that's what we called it.
Speaker 2: Did you ever did everyone have a rope that theirs?
Speaker 10: We didn't have a rope. We also had a guys how to do pull ups and we had to do hangs or something on like the bar. I remember that those two things.
Speaker 2: Push ups, it was about like stretching, like yeah, filled the stretching, stretching, wimber running.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we didn't have to stretch. Maybe that was a that's why I pulled something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, pulled my leg. So yeah, I don't know how they're gonna like looking for as many opportunities as possible to show that he's still on his game. I feel like that could go wrong really.
Speaker 10: Quickly, and that the campaign the debate was.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like they're gonna have to do something so controlled, like he's gonna lift movie weights or something.
Speaker 10: Yeah, or it is gonna be like it really is going to be like The Boys where they fake everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, yo, we got to have him stop a fucking bank robbery with his just fucking just bare handed, okay, and maybe that will help the numbers. And then finally number eight. This is great quote, ignore slash engage the media.
Speaker 10: That is so funny.
Speaker 2: So basically what they're saying is they're ignore the haters or people who are observing that this is maybe not the best path forward, and simultaneously engage other journalistic outlets like Axios like they're doing in this article to talk about how everybody's got this whole thing mixed up. I mean, like, I guess this is a plan, but again it's still all all rooted in making people deny what they are seeing with their bare eyes, you know what I mean, Like, no, he's fine, he's actually very vital, he's quite spry. It's like, no, I don't know, that's not what I'm getting. At the very least, you could like make the platform and I keep saying this the thing people want to vote for, rather than proving like this husk of a person is like the thing that you're voting for. But again that we've seen what happened, what happened in twenty twenty, there were a lot of promises made, some kept, a lot not and yet just like there's no talk of policy really at all, aside from being like, and I get it the very real threat of a Trump presidency and are already fucked up Supreme Court. That's not lost on many people. But to just constantly be like, we need him to get excited and then just like being like, our solution is just getting people to pretend that he isn't what they're seeing is the way out of it.
Speaker 10: Okay, I have two questions. Yes, one, if you had to fool the American public into thinking that you were more like mentally like a cute like aware or like you had to prove vitality. Who would you who would be like a witness and what would you do, Like what like event or or display of strength would you do. I'm thinking, you know, in like American Ninja Warrior ship where they knock people off, I'm thinking I want to do one of those. I want to train for American American Glad. Yeah, whatever they do jouts, I want to do that. I feel like that would be fun.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like it has to you have to like engineer, like it has to be a full on psio. Yeah, like not like.
Speaker 10: The person on the other side would like I'd have somebody with like a strength to pull them off at the right time, like a metrics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you blew them off that platform. I mean like, like.
Speaker 11: What's the thing in a billion madis is like the academic Like it's a full fledged academic and physical like that.
Speaker 4: So then that would be that's that should be the debate is.
Speaker 2: Business?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'd be perfect.
Speaker 11: So they I mean that's the way they need to they need to do to go to head ted and then whoever wins that that's what should decide who's president.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, that or something where it's like they get like Logan Paul to like meet the president.
Speaker 10: But he interviewed Trump.
Speaker 2: No, you need Biden to be like, come on, man, He like hits him so hard on the back. He's like, dude, he actually compressed discs in my back. That was the crazy ship, dude. And I was about to and I'm a boxer wrestler.
Speaker 10: He offered to have Biden on, but Biden didn't take him up on it because he did interview Trump, and I think he offered Biden the same chance.
Speaker 11: And that's the one who fights, right, Logan Paul's.
Speaker 4: Wrestler, Oh that's the wrestler you want to get. Jake.
Speaker 10: He's frustratingly good at wrestling. He's like a really good heel.
Speaker 4: In Jacobs the boxer.
Speaker 10: He's like, yeah, UFC your boxing, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, boxing.
Speaker 11: But and then Biden steps in and not they pull out, and I'm.
Speaker 2: As good as Mike Tyson.
Speaker 10: J Paul has been showing up on Fox too. He's been saying weird ship on Fox.
Speaker 4: Yeaeah, well so that's what I like. I like that also.
Speaker 10: Who would I would pick for you guys, for Gary, I would pick your dad. Say how how aware, how strong and aware? Like he would if he got you in a Madison Square gardens. Yeah, I feel like he could testify to your strength.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, the DNC have mastered the con over the decades. Yeah, I mean, but they are the ideas are getting stale, Like to the point there was this article that was saying that Joe Biden's grandkids are now saying that like they're like they have ideas about how to help, and like, well, I have like some social media followers. Maybe I can talk to other influencers online and like none of them have like a truly substantial following.
Speaker 10: We see a bunch of public Venmo requests from his ran chiltern.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. But then again, the other thing too is like while many again are calling for someone else to run in Biden's place, you have the big question of money. What happens if you drop in a Gretchen Whitmer or a Gavin newsom as like sort of like the headlines are saying, like that's who it should be. Because just so we're clear, in the hypothetical where Biden drops out Kamala Harris is the only person that can seamlessly use the hundreds of millions of dollars the campaign has raised so far because I.
Speaker 10: Thought, I thought, you can use that. It like they have more than they need often and so that just goes into like a big slush fund.
Speaker 2: It goes it can go into a pack or something like that. But if you're trying to fund another candidate, there's there's like the way it works is like you could max out like two thousand dollars donations at a time. And if you're trying to buy airtime, if it's if you're buying airtime for someone that isn't the actual candidate, Like if it's the candidate's campaign not buying air time, airtime's more expensive, So like things just become more expensive and a lot more like the federal elections regulations around it basically make it very complex to figure out how to do that. And even if they did, it would only be like a fraction of the money. So just in terms of that, like another campaign has to start from zero, which is like the heart part. Now, I'm sure they could.
Speaker 4: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: The other idea is like, well they could refund a lot of donations and then ask those people then be like, now can you send that money to this new campaign. That's like one idea that's floating out on how to do that. But again, I don't know how you know actually telling me.
Speaker 10: You're telling me that just because she's a black woman, it costs more money for she's a very specific way.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying she's the only person because yeah, she is the Biden Harris campaign. So again, anyone.
Speaker 10: Else, Oh, so she's the only person who could She's the only.
Speaker 2: One that can access Biden Harris campaign donations that are you know, they just raised like another hundred something million like the last quarter, so that all like an airtime has been bought and things like that. So just from like the money part, because that's also a huge, huge part of this, especially when someone doesn't have the name recognition of being Biden or Trump. It's just another thing. I'm not saying that then that means those are the only options we have. But for a lot of people who are just like, well, why can't they just do this, I'm like, it's because the money thing is huge.
Speaker 10: And that is so their fault. That is so their fault for not dealing with this is another like RGB.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like also with that like immunity ship that happened with the Supreme Court, and Biden's like, I'm going to respect the limits of power.
Speaker 10: You're like, oh, go dictator for a second, man, just a little bit fascism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you like, you know, get up or some shit.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look, it looks like we're on the ropes here.
Speaker 10: We're doing dictatorship for good, you know, Yeah, exactly, it's different. It's not gonna, it's not gonna. The position is not going to corrupt you.
Speaker 2: We've reached the bottom, baby, We've reached the bottom. All right, Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to check in on Rudy Giuliani right after this.
Speaker 10: Somebody should.
Speaker 2: And we're back. And you know, obviously the first presidential debate has gotten a lot of discussion. Many people are like the show us, it should be someone else, and other people like, we fucking told you this whole fucking time. What the fuck's wrong with you? I'm very curious how is Alex Jones discussing sort of this current election, and you know, especially as it relates to the debate recently. I'm curious if you had anything, you know, Alex jonesy in to say about it, or he was just sort of like, this is what happens when you don't take nutriceuticals and just turn it into an ad. Well.
Speaker 5: Uh, he was predicting that maybe there would be a murder at the debate, so that was fun.
Speaker 10: I wish.
Speaker 5: There was the possibility of Trump being assassinated because the globalists hate him, but then maybe they would kill Biden because that would make the Democrats look like victims, and then it would solve the problem that Biden's a bad candidate, and then they beat Trump. So there was a lot of fun going on beforehand, but then when it wasn't really all that exciting, he was just I don't know, He's like this, this is a problem with a two party system. You're like, wait, what the middle take now?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I think it's interesting because everybody in the real world's reaction was like, ah, Biden didn't perform well, and so you would imagine like Alex would be like, ha, we're you going to take a victory lap, but you're mistaking reality again.
Speaker 8: In their world, it was just really boring. It was just boring. Nobody got into a fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no murder, Yeah, the mask fell off, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there was supposed to be something. There's supposed to be fireworks or something. It was just two old men shit talking about golf.
Speaker 2: So then does he just do the thing where like a lot of conspiracy theoristies have to kick the can down the road. It's like, well, maybe I was wrong about that one, but this this next thing, you know, probably gonna happen. Then oh no, He's just kind of like whatever, that was boring.
Speaker 5: Well, one of the hallmarks of Alex's behavior is that he'll make those predictions like there's gonna be a murder at the debate, and then just when it doesn't happen. I didn't say that was gonna happen. I was just I just said maybe it would happen. I was just we were just looking at from all sides, so there's no responsibility for any of that stuff, and he could just move forward, right.
Speaker 9: But I do think that the eclipse was was the moment that they swapped Biden's body interesting because he was basically like, the deep state is going to use the eclipse to pull I forgot exactly what it was maybe you guys remember, but also it might be just one of the many eclipses that you've got every.
Speaker 5: Eclipse actually, right, there's there were a lot of things going on with the eclipse, but it was it was mostly about preparing martial law.
Speaker 2: Drills, yes, yes.
Speaker 5: In order to implement a prison state across the United States, right, which definitely happened, Like we already have.
Speaker 6: A prison state, my guy like people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was mostly just about increased traffic cops and stuff like that for tourism. But but that was martial law drills, yeah, exactly, exactly. And like in terms of what's does he have any like sort of overarching themes about this election, like in terms of what the stakes are or what like what is meant to happen because it's going to open X Y or Z door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's an interesting question.
Speaker 8: What is I mean, you know, one are the stakes? The stakes are.
Speaker 3: Always it's God versus the devil. Yo, this is I mean, the election is the election. But this is in the fight of all fights, right, It's the beginning and the ending of Alpha Nomega. You know, this is just another.
Speaker 5: Battle, Jordan, You're touching on something I think that is really important is that I think a lot of people don't recognize that, like Alex is not political, like there's stuff that like really does impact political realities. But he thinks that God gives him visions of the future and that he's fighting literal demons and that all of the people who are on the left and who disagree with him are possessed by these demons and all of this stuff. There's a spiritual warfare that is not metaphorical that Alex believes he's a crusader in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so it's kind of admirable.
Speaker 9: I don't know, I respect that more than like artisan hackery, you know, where you're like, at least you're unique versus like, oh, Biden totally fucked that debate up. Is that he's just like, nah, the lizard demons are still getting Like, I don't know, it's at least there's a lane.
Speaker 10: I like your philosophy, George's like trying to cover it every week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but then that's my But then I also, as you'd say, like he's unable, like he's compelled to say these things, but then in court he's like, I'm a performance artist. Well, you know, like lawyer said that, Yeah, well we're so where do you guys, Like, where do you guys land in terms of what his actual intent is and what is how he's taking in the world, Like it's fully just like this is this is legit to him? Or it's half like, I mean, this seems like it's working, So I guess I'll just keep doing it.
Speaker 5: Kind of a thing could be both, Yeah, could be a mix. I don't who knows where compulsion meets craft, right, It's somewhere in there.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 8: I'm of the opinion that in twenty twenty four, intent should no longer matter for any of us.
Speaker 3: You know, Like, I understand a lot of people have intended to do a lot of shit, but now they what's done is done, and people need to be held accountable for it.
Speaker 8: So I really don't care what anybody intends.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: The what's in Alex Jones's heart is a weird one.
Speaker 8: Like what does he mean? I don't care. Here's what he's done. Let's do the thing to that.
Speaker 3: Let's react appropriately to the thing that instead of reacting to the thing that that person wished.
Speaker 8: What happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, It's the thing that I come back to a bit is like Alex constantly on air has said that he's murdered multiple people, like watched them die, like he said, said he saw.
Speaker 2: People's goods out, Yeah, when.
Speaker 5: They bled to death in front of him.
Speaker 4: He said stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then under oath he was asked about that and he said he's never murdered anybody, never killed anybody. But like there's a you see someone grotesquely describe having committed murder, and you have to ask yourself, like, Okay, you either believe that you did this or you want the audience to believe this about you, and it's not true, And either way, the impact is really fucked up.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 5: So that's really where the reality is. You know, whether he knows what he's doing is just all false or whatever, it still impacts the real world in a way that matters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's and like I guess how I felt like for a while, there was like this idea of sort of a lot of the stuff that Alex would have, like say on his show or the people he would have on was sort of like a beginning entry point into like the conservative misinfo taka sphere kind of thing and then could get mainstreamed. Is he is that influence like waning by any like any measurable way, or he's just kind of still just sort of this like sideshow figure that occasionally has these takes that like end up intersecting and being beneficial to like conservative causes and things like that.
Speaker 5: Well you know how you said like one out of one hundred or people were watching and laughing and then they're like, oh no, you're crying now, yeah, right right, that's the purpose that Alex serves, you know, Like that's the he can crack through to people and get them to start listening to narratives and ship that they don't really realize is as bad as it is. And then oh, what do you know, we have some Nazi show up on the show, who I'm pretending is just kind of a cool dude, right, you know, and oh, maybe you'll start listening to the It's a gradual path that Alex serves as an entry point with that. In terms of like the information stuff, I think there's so many people now that he is not nearly as important for them. He's more of a follower than a leader in that stuff. I think than he was let's say early two thousands.
Speaker 8: He's like a legacy.
Speaker 3: Now, you know, he's still given a lot of he's still given a lot of shrift, but in reality he can take him to leave him, bring him out.
Speaker 5: To like do a speech a turning point, not because he's going to have some great ideas, but because he's going to do a catchphrases.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you know what he did for the brand, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, yeah, we love we love your work, man, we love what you did. We love what you did. So I guess, from your perspective, what's the best and worst case scenarios for what Alex is next couple of years ago? Is from the just watching the waves and undulations of info wars for whom I would say, for us as people who are having to live in a world that is affected by his existence.
Speaker 8: Best case scenario with the parameters that we have, as in like things that are feasibly possible.
Speaker 2: Legally and otherwise, Yeah, oh I can't answer that.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 5: I think worst case scenario is you live near Alex and he eats you, because you know he's threatened to do that so that.
Speaker 8: He will barbecue your ass Yeah.
Speaker 5: If he Yeah, if he loses all of his money and he has a resort to eating human flesh, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they'll sell it on what Dr Jones dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I've got a best case scenario.
Speaker 8: Here's the best case scenario.
Speaker 3: All right, we organize the party and we just start digging on all of his property, and I guarantee we'll find more money than.
Speaker 9: Right now got burying gold energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's our that's our best case scenario. We all organize shovel parties and that we moved from there.
Speaker 2: And then what you keep what you find basically, or do we all pitch it?
Speaker 3: I think we I think we obviously donated to the I mean it's it's inappropriate, respectful.
Speaker 5: You might get a finder's feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Anybody, anybody who pockets the gold is going right back and half right.
Speaker 2: Exactly until the Supreme Court overturns Finders v. Keepers. Uh, then we're back to square one.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it for this week's weekly Zeitgeist. Please like and review the show If you like, the show means the world demid he he needs your validation, folks. I hope you're having a great weekend and I will talk to you Monday.
Speaker 8: Bye.