Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hi, Dan Patrick Show, Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here. You know you can listen to this show as always on hundreds of affiliates all across the country and wherever you are making us a part of your Thursday morning or on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you doing.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: We are going to take you all the way up until noon Eastern time nine am Pacific, and we do it live from the tire rack dot Com studios.
Speaker 4: Tire rack dot Com.
Speaker 2: We'll help you get there, an unmatched selection, fast reshipping, free road has a protection and over ten thousand recommended installers. Tire rack dot com the way tire buying should be. So we are on before Dan Patrick Monday through Friday, so every single weekday morning six to nine Eastern time, three to six am Pacific time. So it's nice to get to hang out here. The sun is coming up here on the West Coast where we're doing the show live from, so it's a little bit a little bit unique for us. But nonetheless, some stories are still stories, apparently in the world of sports and in the NFL. And one of those is the dysfunction that was the Philadelphia Eagles from twenty twenty three into twenty twenty four when they had that awful playoff performance against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And according to Derrek Gunn, and there's a couple of different angles to the Derek gun so he covers the Eagles, and according to sources, he said that remember Big Dom.
Speaker 3: You know, Big Dom got.
Speaker 2: Suspended for that little run in he had against the Niners back in the Big Gun game. Yeah, apparently Big Dom being suspended, he controls Nick Sirianni's emotions on the sideline. So in his absence, Nick got into numerous arguments with players and coaches during games. So that was an underlying factor as to the demise of the Philadelphia Eagles, not the fact that they just played awful down the stretch, but because Nick Sirianni's emotions weren't able to be kept in check because Big Dom was out.
Speaker 4: So there's a layer to that there there.
Speaker 5: Defense struggled all year, you know, Big Dom or not, I'm not sure that was going to change much. And offensively they struggled at times too, So like I love Big Dom, I feel like everyone needs a big Dom in their life. Yeah, I'm not so sure, like you want to use that as an excuse for why things didn't work out, And clearly it seemed like there was a bit of just a decline from that time. The Big Dom you know, was no longer allowed back on the sidelines, But it does feel like a bit of an excuse and really glossing overall was the issue last year. It was both coordinators, whether it was Sean Decai, even Matt Patricia when he tried to take over for a period of time, or Brian Johnson the offense, They schematically took a large step back from where they were the years prior, and you saw Shane Stich and Jonathan Gannon looked as head coaches. And that's why again I don't want to make too much of this about Big Dom, because I think now they identified what their real issues were, and I was finding coordinators who are experienced they could come in and get this team back to play at the level that they know they can play at, and Vic Fangio and Kellen Moore I think will do that. So I just hope we allow Big Dog back in the sidelines.
Speaker 4: Man, we need Big Tom back entertainment. It does sound like obviously uh an excuse, But could there be a little bit of legitimacy to the story? I don't. I don't see why there wouldn't be some legitimacy to that. I mean, if you have someone that is a calming presence and is respected by all part of man. Jesus, Okay, yeah, I keep Jesus with me and called Jesus. Yeah, and I call his name when I need some assistance and I need I say Jesus, if you're listening.
Speaker 5: Help And who does Jonas calls it Lee?
Speaker 4: Yeah, heck yeah, now, oh yeah, yes it is.
Speaker 5: You don't call Lee when you're in trouble.
Speaker 4: And Lee calls Tod when not.
Speaker 5: Really in order.
Speaker 2: You guys wouldn't understand this. But when I when I'm in trouble, you know what I call the weight room. That's who I know.
Speaker 6: And I find the heaviest thing.
Speaker 2: I find it because the new audience maybe they'll believe it. And I find the heaviest weight in there, and I see what I can do with it. All right, That's what I do. But again, everybody's different.
Speaker 5: Here's what audience doesn't know is that when you sit on the curve, your legs still.
Speaker 4: Dead and threw. I don't knock anymore. I just jumped through the keyhole.
Speaker 5: That's not your fault, thimble, you know. Oh no, can you though?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: Who's who does leverly on?
Speaker 4: It's got to be todd there you go?
Speaker 5: That is that a good thing?
Speaker 4: Che exactly? Bad decisions are made, yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Now there is a a salacious element to some Eagles drama if you guys want to get get mixed in and get dirty with this here. Craig Carton of f S one said that he knows what the issue was that splintered the Eagles locker room, and as he put it, it was something that would fracture any relationship between men. And he said, it'll be interesting to see if a certain big name player on the Eagles is back with the team next year.
Speaker 4: That sounds like a woman. I mean that's you know, that sounds like that's correct, that's correct? How about this this new era? How about that sounds like a relationship. How about that? Because we could even go a little further than that. It sounds like there's a relationship involved and somebody had a relationship with somebody else's relationship or and and it's spun out of control. Now.
Speaker 2: Adam Schefter went on local radio in Philly and said that he reached out to somebody about it and they said, uh, oh it's complete.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 3: So imagine he's denying all this.
Speaker 5: Should you imagine being Adam Schefter? Where even if it is true, like you know exactly the relationship that affected the relationship who he's talking about, you know, well, I wouldn't want to know all that, Like I do not want to know about people's personal lives. I really don't.
Speaker 4: I don't either unless it impacts what's going on. That's the only way. And it's like, okay, this.
Speaker 5: Case, aren't we saying it it impacted going on? Yes, you do want to know.
Speaker 4: I just want to know why it would like what happened in terms of why he's leaving or doesn't want to be act like you.
Speaker 5: Probably didn't have something like that when you played in your locker room.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, come on, anybody mow anybody else's lawn loire? Come on, I got stories? Oh yeah one. I jumped out super quick too.
Speaker 5: I will never forget. I would never forget a dude talking about I don't know how to say this. He was being accused of something by a significant other and so she needed to smell it.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that was like that. What Yeah, I know exactly what he's talking about. Yeah, I got one where.
Speaker 5: I'm not willing to go any further.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I was just gonna care. I was just gonna stop. I was gonna move us to a different story, same same topic, different story, same bat place, same bat time, just different explanation. And so there was there was a story of a player that was pretty close with his teammate. Families were pretty close. Hung out. One day they're hanging out. Uh, there was something needed from the grocery store. Oh god, I know this story.
Speaker 5: You told me this egg? What was it? What they need? Little minivan?
Speaker 4: Little little little little not a mini van. It was like it was it was like one of them excursion vans, you know, the old school. You know, I had a little so much room, has so much, so much, so much room. Right, we'll try all will drive great great great emergency brake system too. You know you put that emergency brake on the that gid. Don't run the bed, but don't rock as much, you know, and apparently they made up.
Speaker 5: Pulling back to emergency.
Speaker 4: They pulled back the emergency make you know, how to make that noise. They parked in the they parked in the the the grocery store. Parking loted and paper and plastic, but they weren't plastic.
Speaker 5: You know, they're twitter right. If they put the car park turned it off, they had to pull the e break to stabilize the car.
Speaker 4: But but the problem was is that the they were you know, it was the other. It was the teammates spousing. It was the teammates teammate like and somehow they got caught. They got caught and it came out.
Speaker 3: Did that did that fracture the locker room?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yes, you don't think that fractured. I don't know. They were both significant players.
Speaker 5: I'm curious how the rest of the cookout went. When they came back.
Speaker 4: The cookout was over, it was it was over.
Speaker 5: I would just say, how would that I draw a red flag? Your your significant other, your teammates going off You're like to.
Speaker 4: The grocery store, right, yeah, like.
Speaker 5: Uh you plant you know, It's like I don't.
Speaker 4: I would have to assume.
Speaker 5: I would.
Speaker 4: I'm just assuming I don't know I wasn't there, but I would have to assume that the that was not me, by the way, full disclosure, it was not me on any side of it, by the way, But I would have to assume wouldn't the and one spouse like more particularly the teammate need to be like maybe intoxicated or something like somewhere where they're like kind of impaired. I would have to assume. I would have to assume that would be the way it would have worked out.
Speaker 5: You know, I just hope you get Big Dom back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that leads to the point of the whole conversation, right, I mean, because Dom wasn't involved with anything like that. Can I just say, do you think he could smooth out the the guys that happen?
Speaker 5: He'd sit you down, he'd give you some life advice and he'd be like, you know what.
Speaker 4: She wasn't for you? Yeah, that person, that person, that person wasn't for you.
Speaker 5: He'd be able to get you to figure.
Speaker 4: It out the way things fell apart for them.
Speaker 2: Would it surprise you if you found out that what Craig Carton said that there was some validity to it, that there was something more that went on that could have fractured the locker room like the way things played out, because it it appears like it was more than just bad.
Speaker 4: That wasn't strategy.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a good season by any means. Defensively, they never adjusted, they had injuries, They couldn't stop anyone the secondary. That was an issue. Offensively, they can never replicate what they did the year before, as far as the explosion, the big plays, any of that. It felt like they couldn't consistently run the football when they really needed to. So none of that has to do with whatever the hell for?
Speaker 4: But could it? I mean, could it have been from week one through the time unless this was they started off pretty fast and then they just got.
Speaker 6: Their record was one thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the entire time.
Speaker 5: We kept saying like eventually they're going to fall off, like eventually it was going to happen. Their record was not built the way it was two years ago, when you felt like they were a dominant physical football team. They dominated both both lines of scrimmage and you felt like they could, you know, bully their way all the way through the NFL.
Speaker 4: I mean, is it's just a possibility that they got too comfortable and too confident. Did they lose that hunger that got them to the Super Bowl the year before or do we really think that it was because the personnel wise? Was the personnel Apparently somebody got hungry there. Oh geez, they was eating eating good I think for their plate and somebody else. Hey you're gonna leave that there? I'll take it?
Speaker 5: Are you going to ancient coordinators? To me had had a big deal to do with it. They couldn't make adjustments when they needed to find that out. So yeah, it's uh, I'm trying to keep us on track.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, I'm just these are the reports that turkey or is that hail Listen?
Speaker 3: It is my cheat day.
Speaker 2: These are the reports that are out there, so all we're doing is common.
Speaker 5: It's so badly.
Speaker 2: I just I wonder why why would he make that? Why would Craig Carton just make that up out of thin air? And then you know Adam Schefter has got a vested interest in this because he doesn't want to be He doesn't want to have Craig Carton step in his lane and get all the juicy stuff. So he's going to come out and try and downplate or dismiss it. I just wonder, you know, how much of this there's a there's some fire there with this smoke. That's all just curious and uh and apparently this has happened before in the NFL, so that is a possibility. That being said, Nick, Sirianni needing somebody to calm him down on the sideline because his temper is so out of whack, Brady, you know, Sirianni, is that is that Pisonsion's passion.
Speaker 5: Man, he's got the pieson passion. It sometimes takes another pison like Big Dom to calm him down, you know.
Speaker 4: That's just how it works, I mean, and be able to kind of smooth things over with other people. I mean, I find there to be some tremendous value in these words that are being spoken.
Speaker 3: Where did Big Dom go to college?
Speaker 4: Penn State all the time?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Hey, what was what was Big Dom doing when he was.
Speaker 4: Wearing a lot of T shirts? He wore a lot of T shirts.
Speaker 5: That was a look though, that was a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he wore more than the average joe, like if if two two to three different colors or under the same you know shirt with the long shirt was was a thing. Dom was always like a real like strong built dude, like we always see him and be like, dude, sturdy, why aren't you on the team, Like why don't you come out and try for the team, and and we was cool, like what he said cool? I don't remember. I don't really recall. I don't want to. I don't want to lie on him. I don't I don't remember. I don't recall. But he was like he's he's a big dude, like he's he's not just big, he's tall. So he's a tall, big dude. And you know, we walked to class, we hung out, we kicked it like men. Don was like we were cool. We were actually I didn't just know him in passing like me and Don were cool.
Speaker 5: So he might be my in my top ten Italians of all time.
Speaker 4: He's a pretty cool Jonas is uncomfortable So now I asked me about it and try to get out of it.
Speaker 5: I mean, my wife, my in laws probably probably Fasano, you know, and Anthony Fasano put him up there. But like big Dom's got to be in there for me.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was just dope.
Speaker 2: Do for the record, because I've been keeping track here, because somebody's got to do it first, lie I told by LeVar Arrington at about fifteen after the second.
Speaker 4: Hour of the program, is that it was why where.
Speaker 2: He said, quote unquote, I walked to class with Big Dom when you on our show on Two Pros and a Cup of Joe admitted that you used roller.
Speaker 4: Skates to get to class. Roller blades roller blades? Get it right? Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a big difference. It like the masculinity car Well, I'm just saying that it looks a little different. I wasn't.
Speaker 4: I mean, it looks a little different, but I mean roller blades.
Speaker 5: Were like roller roller blades.
Speaker 4: You know, it looks a little more hockey ish, you know, like yeah, but.
Speaker 5: A little more like, you know, tough guy. You know, roller skates. It's like, I wasn't going for tough guys. I was going for the looks. I was going for the clout exactly.
Speaker 4: Is it the difference?
Speaker 2: Look cool like a roller blades the snowboarding equivalent and roller skates or the skiing equivalent.
Speaker 4: That's fair, okay, I mean right, I mean if you I don't know. I mean I just felt like roller blades became a thing because people wanted to feel like they were ice skating, like playing ice hockey versus just running on your feet, and so roller blading became like a thing and like you know, different places.
Speaker 8: Kind of what kind of blades you have? You have bowers? They were bowers I had. I had several pair. Actually I had a pair of You did they were?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 4: Who got?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Who got that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: As far as you want me to come to State college, I need a pair of bowers.
Speaker 6: As first off, about six pairs of roller plades?
Speaker 4: I would never disclose if that were the case. One second. Secondly, my father is a secred percent disabled VET, so I actually if I was a full time student in school, I got a nice check every month as being being a child of a disabled VET.
Speaker 3: What would what would Joe Paterno say to you if you saw your roller.
Speaker 4: Blades in the hall they saw me on I didn't wear them in the hallways.
Speaker 5: How would he say it?
Speaker 9: What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Errington?
Speaker 6: Get off of those blades and walk walk the class.
Speaker 3: You're gonna fall and hurt yourself.
Speaker 4: That you're gonna hurt yourself. You know you used to get tell you.
Speaker 3: Somebody again?
Speaker 9: What what does he do?
Speaker 5: What does he do? What does he do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Brady had some blades and with the number ten and BQ they were in line.
Speaker 4: That's not true.
Speaker 5: I actually uh, I will admit this. I have skied one time in my life, and I've really never I haven't really ice skated, a rollerblader or any of that. But I was going up on the ski lift and I didn't pick up my one leg, so I literally like I lost one of my skis. It got clipped and I'm like stuck as I was going up. So I looked at the dude next me, I go, what do I do? Now? He goes, I don't know, man, Just trying to balance balance when you get off the lift and hopefully someone will bring you to the ski back up.
Speaker 4: That's what they're supposed to do. The next person is supposed to grab your ski and bring it up for you, yeah, which I.
Speaker 5: Think someone did. Eventually. I was like trying to make my way off the lift. I looked like an absolute moron. Everyone's looking at me, They're like, what's wrong with you? It's like, I don't know, sorry, man.
Speaker 2: Lee, our executive producer, Can I ask you a question? If you've snowboarded one hundred times? How many of those were sober?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 9: None, especially snowboarding.
Speaker 4: Yeah none.
Speaker 5: When do you start snowboarding? Like fourteen?
Speaker 9: I'll the fifth on that one, but yeah, you gotta got one too.
Speaker 4: The bigger question is how many things do you do sober?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: This show? Yeah, this shows, this show start today.
Speaker 5: I don't know. We're saying we've seen him in vein this show a.
Speaker 6: Rare form, I think.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That could have been the norm.
Speaker 5: I mean the time, Oh man, could be sixty.
Speaker 4: That's so funny, man, all right, hard to get out. It is the.
Speaker 5: Jewelry fifty.
Speaker 4: Joel's got a wild horse on his hands.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Joel, We're let me tell you we are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 2: It's uh the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with the Houston Next here from the ti raq dot Com studios. Uh, we are already seeing the impact of a great thing in the world of sports, and apparently the sky is the limit.
Speaker 4: We'll tell you what that is. That's next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Wapp Hey, We're Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing. We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get.
Speaker 10: To and that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you blubber list jam in me. Well, you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years.
Speaker 10: Well, it's a Covino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised. Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promised and also Uncensored, by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time. There you go, over promising and remember you could see on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen over promised with Cavino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick Show Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas and Ox with you here coming up. We'll call it about less than twenty minutes from now from the tire rack dot Com studios.
Speaker 4: We're gonna dust off a little something.
Speaker 2: We do on our morning show, which you can hear before the Dan Patrick Show here on many of these Fox Sports Radio affiliates Two Pros and a Cup of Joe.
Speaker 4: It's a little something called would you Rather?
Speaker 2: We're gonna make some hard decisions courtesy of the host of the segment, Lee to Lap, and Lee to Lap comes up with some real gems. This is Brady Quinn's favorite segment. Every single week we do it. It's not and we figured.
Speaker 5: Have you guys noticed like the intro and outro music that Joel's I believe it's Joel playing. It's much classier than we're used to. Well yeah, I mean come on, it's like nice classy you.
Speaker 4: Know I missed now or two intro music if you ask me, do you think so? Yeah, I can't wait till next week. Get right back to it. I mean, look, juicy fruit, that's right, I did. Hey, Joel, can you tell them about into me juicy fruit? Please? Oh that's the killer, thank you, Killer number one, Thank you.
Speaker 7: Lights on. Usually lights are coming on at the club when they play down there.
Speaker 5: You go, oh, I figured the lights be going off, you know.
Speaker 4: When Biggie comes on as the lights is going on.
Speaker 2: That's a big hit, Joel. That's a big hit, like cosmic bowling in Waterloo. Oh there you go late at night, just.
Speaker 5: Saying, Joe, what do you know about Waterloo? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh man, m hmm. I graduated from Santa Ambrose down in the Quis City, so I know about Illinois towns too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Waterloo is Iowa though, that's Iowa.
Speaker 3: We can't escape Iowa apparently, like, uh, I'm.
Speaker 7: Not a sam Iowa Iowa University type.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, thank god.
Speaker 4: You're more Detroit. That's right, Detroit, stand up detown Detroit. Yeah, nob yeah, I heard about that. Yeah, Bloomfield Hills, Isaiah.
Speaker 3: Anything else.
Speaker 4: The d So you gotta be you gotta be careful because if you ain't living right, you get caught up, you get the.
Speaker 2: D professional broadcast star here not me, I will I will off partake. But apparently everybody can't handle the Apparently everyone is we're taking in sports betting because, according to Doug Greenberg of ESPN, the nationwide handle for the American Gaming Association just under one hundred and twenty billion dollars. So we're looking at close to a twenty eight percent One more time, how much was that one hundred and twenty billion dollars?
Speaker 5: Billion dollars?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're.
Speaker 2: Looking at close to a twenty eight percent increase over the numbers from twenty twenty two. So a big year for sports betting in twenty twenty three. And just think if some of these other states out there could get their act together and legalized sports betting, these numbers would only go up.
Speaker 4: But there's still all that are holding out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the big ones too, right California, Texas huge populations, some that are growing by the day, depend on who you ask, but I mean, you guys live out in Cali. Is this ever going to happen? Like, like, what's the hold up?
Speaker 3: I've tried, man, I've tried what I've been on the table.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 2: I was holding signs out in front of supermarkets, letting everybody know there's worse things in the world than being a degenerate gambler.
Speaker 5: I tell you that's the last thing you would ever know. Me would be like the guy with like the winding sign trying to get people like that, you don't think so like a wind puppet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dressed up like an outside of car dealership, letting everybody know, like, hey, come on, like, come on in, like it's okay to it's okay to gamble on sports, like we're Brady's from Ohio.
Speaker 4: They got like you can go gamble at a supermarket.
Speaker 5: It is a gold mind in Ohio right now. Ohio folks love sports and they'd love to have something on the line for it too.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why people wouldn't want to gamble on a game like I really don't like, I said, well, kind of takes away the uh, you know, the pureness of sports. Okay, Well, if you want to get that peer in his back, have money on the over right, if you want to, if you want to add a little something to this, have money on this game in some way, shape or form and it's going to increase the amount of interest you have in this sporting event. I'm telling you, man, it's only a matter of time. Bar they need some betting boosts up at college.
Speaker 4: I have nothing for you. Why not, you know, because I don't really get into it. Why I like gambling. I like I like the concept of gambling. For everybody else.
Speaker 3: We're trying to put you up on some game he.
Speaker 5: Likes for everybody else, you like watching everybody either winning or lose it.
Speaker 4: That's right. I like to tell you lines and if I can get it right, and I know what, I know what I'm thinking. I just don't know the terminology the way you guys know it, you know, stuff like that. I just that's that's why I don't do it, though, because I just can't learn it the way you guys you know, have it. You know, I don't say it the way you guys say it, So I just steer clear of it. I mean, I don't know Spanish that well. To my wife yells at me, I just nod my head.
Speaker 5: I just do.
Speaker 4: I just know this. If I ever go back to a sports book, I mean, I can lose all by myself. That's that's what I will say. You know, I don't need to pass this past trip. Yeah, I almost fell asleep, you know, watching watching my money just go up in flames, like you know, because I gave my cash to one Live bet Jesus to bless and present to thee. And well that's you know you and I.
Speaker 5: So hold on, could we first defind who Live bet Jesus is Jonas I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, you guys are still claiming it's me, this audience, this audience. So for people that are not familiar, Live bet Jesus was I don't even know. If you were to call it a character, I would call it a superpower.
Speaker 4: If you want. That appeared on the on the Sunday Night Show.
Speaker 2: We used to do Brady Quinn and I and he would just show up and a piece of paper would fall down from the sky into the studio somehow someway and I'd open up the piece of paper and there would be a bet, a live bet. Thus his name was Live bet Jesus even has a like a Twitter account or an X account at Live bet Jesus.
Speaker 4: Like the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It was very bizarre, and he's still out there and for some reason, I've been accused of being live bet Jesus, even though it's weird. He only shows up like when Brady's doing the show, and Brady's not doing the show, nowhere to be found. But when Brady's doing the show, he shows up, which is a little odd.
Speaker 5: But here's all I know is you two have early similar track records in betting where you're both huge losers. And Lee can attest to this because he's been around Live bet Jesus and these shenanigans for a long time. Now, Lee, what would you how many bets sow off? Do you think Live bet Jesus wins? It's like twenty percent thirty percent of the time.
Speaker 9: Well, we call him live bet loser for a reason is because, yeah, he comes in well below the thirty three percent.
Speaker 5: And the irony is Jonas also loses a ton of bets. Did you go like one for thirteen one of these super bowls? Jonas?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Broncos Seahawks super Bowl one and seventeen.
Speaker 5: Of my best one and seventeen. There you go. But you know what, and now you're giving LeVar bad betting advice, not true bad advice.
Speaker 4: He just took my money and went and lost it for me.
Speaker 3: No, No, you and I were on the right side of that bet.
Speaker 4: We bet. We bet Ortez trust exercise.
Speaker 2: We bet Ortiz the co host to give it to listen. We also got by the way, we bet Ortiz to beat Ta Femo. Lopez should have won. He should have won the fight. We got screwed. We had plus five hundred money. We got screwed. But I like that it would go the distance.
Speaker 4: And you seem to mix up me picking it would go the distance for it wouldn't go the distance.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't.
Speaker 4: You did, yes, see exactly exactly. Then I was then I was like, hey, hey, Joe, I was sitting. I was like, at least I won one of the bets. It wasn't the big one, but at least I won one of them. Then I looked down. I was like, wait, he picked me for it not to finish well. I then finished, what did I do?
Speaker 5: Lee?
Speaker 4: I just ripped them up?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 5: You rip them up from down? Here Here are your options, LeVar. You give it to Jonas, he'll lose you the bet Okay, you can give to Lee, he'll just take it to the liquor store. Or you give me your money, and I'll just go invest it. I'll tell you that I put it into something and then i'll just, uh, we give you some coupons stuff that.
Speaker 7: See.
Speaker 2: Now here's the part of the story that that I didn't reveal to you before we left. I went down and cashed a ticket because I hedged my bet and I had ta fe molope as to win by decision. So I went ahead and uh and had to hedge that beat for.
Speaker 4: You win win, I mean again, and it's not my fault.
Speaker 5: And see the money, well, look.
Speaker 4: I mean it's not my fault.
Speaker 3: He was misquoted.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know what to tell you, like.
Speaker 5: A can we get a live bet Jesus to show up today? No?
Speaker 4: Probably not.
Speaker 6: There's got to be like basketball over in europeers.
Speaker 2: I mean there's always something. I mean, look, there's a look you see the money that comes in one hundred and twenty billion. Of course, there's something to gamble on. There's always something to gamble on, you know. And look, I've said it before, like if you don't gamble on sports, I just I don't think that we could be for friends, Like I don't want to be seen with you.
Speaker 5: I don't want to know.
Speaker 4: Well, you clearly made that clear when you saw me in Vegas. You know you definitely kept on like, hey, come.
Speaker 5: Have you know what the insults injury there is to LeVar. You know, Jonas is sitting drinking water until you show up to the bar, and then you're like, all right, I got the next round or two.
Speaker 4: Lee did the same exact thing, Lee and I Lee was not playing around with high end liquor when he knew he wasn't paying for I did notice that. I did notice that.
Speaker 9: Wenk Well, first off, they gifted me that uh that old fashioned and then ended up charging it to you.
Speaker 4: So when we was shouts out to my people at the Golden Steer.
Speaker 5: They gifted it to you, charged you.
Speaker 4: They did gifted and then charged. Yeah, they did. They did both.
Speaker 5: That's such a sad.
Speaker 6: At the same time, here, hey.
Speaker 4: We made an extra one of these, yeah, and then it was on my check.
Speaker 2: I think the reason they got charged for it is because Lee. They caught Lee pouring a bottle Evan Williams in his old Fashioned. You know that's a little mini bottle.
Speaker 4: I mean, but it's such low shelf rail liquors that lead drinks on his own, and then when we was at the stair, it was like, sir, would you like to have the wine list? Bruh? It was like, why, thank you? I would I was like what. I was like, wait, hold on, Lee's asking for the wine list, bring the wireless out. The dude starts talking about the different wines, the high end wines. He didn't even let him transition out of high end wines. He was like, yes, I'll take that one.
Speaker 5: And you, by the way, you know, if there's any left, he's gonna put a cork in that.
Speaker 4: He was drinking it. He was drinking. Lee was taking it down, like, yes, that is the one that I shall take. I choose if this one? Yes, thank you? Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well listen, that'll that'll conclude our coverage of sports betting and the increase in sports betting for the year twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: California and Texas. Can your act again?
Speaker 4: I agree? I agree, so much money on the table, they're just leaving it there. It's too bad.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, they think about all the funding, all the money to go buy more masks. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm telling you that. And that's the biggest point here. That really is the biggest point here. By the way, if you're going to buy it, buy a car, we recommend a Mercedes Benz because owning a Mercedes Benz ev isn't just extraordinary, it's extra easy. With full remote access to your vehicle from your phone via the Mercedes me Connect app. The vehicles are all electric, the feeling is all Mercedes, the choices all yours. Learn more at MBUSA dot com slash eq. Coming up next here, we are going to have a fun little edition of would You Rather? This is something we do on our morning show before the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 4: But we have got to make.
Speaker 2: Difficult, tough decisions and options in the world of sports and beyond, and that's yours right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Dan Patrick Show Fox Sports Radio. It is a Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you coming up top next hour. We'll call it a little over twelve minutes from now. From the tire Rack dot com studios the draft is right around the corner, and we already have some draft rumors and storylines that have started to enter into the discussion in the NFL.
Speaker 4: We'll get the very latest on what it involves.
Speaker 2: A quarterback and a team looking to offload their current quarterback. That'll be yours here again, coming up a little over twelve minutes from now, before we get to another edition of Wood You're at and this is something we do on our weekday show here before the Dan Patrick Show. Do you want to let you know that we are brought to you by tire rack dot com, the official tire expert and retailer of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tire rack dot com slash Dan, try the tire Decision guide and see the full line of handcook tires, special offers, free road hazard protection and mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot com the way tire buying should be.
Speaker 4: Let's make history and now, would would you rather your random topics?
Speaker 1: Sports or otherwise?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: Lead to laugh? What do we got guys?
Speaker 9: We'll start with some softballs here. With NFL free agency right around the corner, which running back would you rather pursue? Would it be Saquon Barkley. Would it be Josh Jacobs, Derrick Henry or Austin Eckler.
Speaker 4: Oh, Josh Jacobs And I love quand only because well, I mean, that's your guy. He's younger, Josh is younger.
Speaker 5: And what a year? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or two? One year? Only one year? He's twenty six? Less injuries? How many injuries has Josh Jacobs had?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm I'm a Penn State guy, so I'll take I'm gonna.
Speaker 5: Take Derrick Henry. I just would want to have that dude on my team. Yeah, I don't even I mean, I realized he's got a lot of wearing's hair, but he's a beast, I said, imagine him walking off the mom Yeah. Is it the Adonis effect of like guys in warm ups looking at being like like new guys in the league. They look over there, who's that big guy over there? Is that like a d No, that's that's a running back. You have to tackle that guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I wanted him two years ago. I just three years.
Speaker 3: I just don't know what.
Speaker 4: But Levar's problem with is because if I say that's what's that's what's, No.
Speaker 5: We wouldn't we wouldn't call you Homer I swear you could switch with a switch.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want all right you Homer, there you go, there we go.
Speaker 8: Of course, of course, of course, of course, so typical.
Speaker 4: But I'm a I'm a I'm a Vegas fan, so I want Josh Jacobs. You know, I'm a Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: I mean, if they're gonna make threats like we'll take the head off the snake like they're doing in podcast, I don't know if I can trust Vegas. It just seems like, why not, very disrespectful what they're trying to do.
Speaker 5: That'll be ten dollars.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 9: What else you got, late, guys, from running backs to wide receivers. Who would you rather pursue? Michael Pittman junior, Mike Evans or Calvin Ridley, even though we've discussed that contract.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Calvin Ridley just because I.
Speaker 1: Need a gamble.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, I need a gambling Yeah, I'll go Calvin Ridley.
Speaker 4: Of course, buddy, I'm going with.
Speaker 5: The old head of more than Mike Evans. I think he's put together a Hall of Fame career, I really do.
Speaker 4: I just I would have took him two three, four, five, six years ago.
Speaker 3: That's all it's a thousand a year. You get a thousand yard receiver every single year from.
Speaker 5: My credit printed two thousand yards of next year.
Speaker 4: You guys are homers. They're homer what d L Yeah, I know. But he plays in Florida, like right down the street from you. Yeah, like about two hours, three hours, three hours, maybe a little more more.
Speaker 9: Guys, would you rather be given one million dollars straight up or ten million for getting five rebounds in an NBA game?
Speaker 4: I'm going for the ten million for five rebound get the rebounds.
Speaker 5: I'd get the rebounds.
Speaker 4: Jeez, Jonas, you take the.
Speaker 2: Million, No, I'll take I'll take my chances on the rebounds in no way.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, you know how I believe.
Speaker 4: You know how it could be like a team Wolf moment where he turns into team team Vampire. You know he likes to block out. Yeah, like you know how a block out might not have known that Jonas Vampire.
Speaker 5: Stuff to get guys out of the way.
Speaker 2: And I mean it would just depend on who is playing, Like which team is going to give you a lot of misshots, like the Lakers, Duke.
Speaker 5: Well, my guy from Duke Escape in my mind right now.
Speaker 4: Who's that Grayson Allen?
Speaker 5: Yes, right, trying to trip dudes, taking me outbound where it goes?
Speaker 9: Guys, would you rather be ten centimeters tall or ten feet tall?
Speaker 4: Ten feet?
Speaker 5: Ten feet? Ten centimeters?
Speaker 3: Ten feet would be sweet?
Speaker 4: What ten centimeters?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: I would be one cold piece moving around? What was that?
Speaker 5: Who was that? Afterater? Kill you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like like who was that?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: What what is ten centimeters?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: What's like an insect?
Speaker 4: Or? Are we talking like talking like an ant?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Like you're getting get killed?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm good kill you. Yeah, I don't want to.
Speaker 5: I don't know. It's terrible. It was justis.
Speaker 4: Ten centimeters or ten feet?
Speaker 7: Ten centimeters is never a good idea?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh no, Joel, what you're trying to say, Joel? Yeah, trying to lamar right quick? You made me uncomfortable going to walk? Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Yea, we have every idea about what we were talking about.
Speaker 5: What you guys?
Speaker 4: Would you rather be stuck in a cage with a lion or in.
Speaker 9: A pit with rattlesnakes? Say again, in a cage with a lion or in a pit with rattlesnakes.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with the lion. Rattlesnakes. Yeah, I'm gonna go with the lions is the last one. I'm going with the lion because I got a chance. I could talk to the lion. You know, we could go eye to eye to take away the element of surprise. I have more of an opportunity with one lion in front of me than I do with a pit of rattlesnakes, which, by the way, rattlesnakes are venomous. Yeah, okay, you're out of there. Yeah, I'll go with the rattlesnake.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not a rat, it's rattlesnakes.
Speaker 2: That's fine, right, you don't think I could take at least one or two out before they got to.
Speaker 5: Me, Like I would just give the lion like an arm, let him have my arm.
Speaker 4: There you oh, there you go.
Speaker 3: You know you end up on tiger king. So that's fine.
Speaker 4: Well one of them lost their hand or arm and what I'm saying, but that's but that's the point. Now do you get out, like is there a time period? Like you know what I mean, Like, what are what are what's the parameters around this deal? Are you in there for life, like I don't want either one.
Speaker 3: I'd imagine it wouldn't take long for them to do away with you.
Speaker 4: So okay, so let's say, yeah, ten minutes, ten minutes in a snake pit or a lines. Then I'm going with the lines. Then I could at least try to run from the line for ten minutes, you know, climb up on something, something you got more of a fighting.
Speaker 5: Chance environment for ten minutes.
Speaker 4: Yes, like stop, you know how you used to play like it? You'd be like stop, stop that stop. You know, you'd be like getting around the car. And I don't think they speak English, though well they understand, you know.
Speaker 3: It could be it could be what else you got?
Speaker 4: Rah rah rah rah rah rah rah.
Speaker 9: You guys, would you rather be sticky for life or itchy for life?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Sticky?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, although being sticky would start to get on my nerves.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are we allowed to do this?
Speaker 5: Are we really?
Speaker 2: I mean, because I got all sorts of material that I would keep it in the holster.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing I am not doing it professional broadcast.
Speaker 7: That's how Jonas lives now.
Speaker 4: All my materials been left Jonas's choice.
Speaker 5: He's got a little stiff socks.
Speaker 3: Sticky man. We need some spoons.